Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED Empty
PostSubject: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 8:55 pm

Port Republic, New Jersey

Dean had been searching high and low for a bar joint, but there was absolutely nothing. What kind of town wouldn't have at least one bar?! Frustrated and really needing a beer, he stormed back to the hotel, barely holding himself back in slamming the door and busting it.

"Dude, what's your problem?" Sam looked up from his computer and arched a brow at Dean.

"Not one! Not one freakin' bar in this whole place! How stupid is that? I mean, I don't know about you, but if we're on a Hunt then I'm definitely going to need a drink later. And how are we supposed to get information if there's no one drunk enough to talk?" Dean motioned his hand towards the outside.

Sam snorted a little and put his hand over his mouth to hide his grin in vain, "You mean, if there's no bartender chick for you to hit on? And you really don't know?"

"Know what?" Dean grunted, grabbing a magazine off the TV stand.

"This is a dry town, meaning it's illegal to sell alcohol," Sam explained.

Dean stared at him, jaw hanging open in a small 'o'. Then he snapped out of it and threw his hands up, "I can't believe it! No liquor at all?!" he slammed the magazine down on his bed, "Why couldn't the Jersey Demon show it's face somewhere else? This is so stupid."

"Are you done?" Sam chuckled a little as he clicked around on his laptop, "We're just going to have to go somewhere else to get information. There's a store here called Celestial Guidance," he caught Dean's look, "Yeah, I know. Anyway, why don't you go check that place out and I can head to the library. Later we can stop by the police station."

"Yeah, yeah, fine," Dean grumbled and pulled out his keys, "I'm goin'." He couldn't believe there was no alcohol...

~*~

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:11 pm

With an amused snort and a shake of his head, Sam lifted himself up from his chair and grabbed his wallet, walking out of their room in the hotel. Looking from side to side, the younger sibling began making his way down the semi crowded streets towards the local library, making sure he wasn't followed. The trip to Port Republic was long and tedious, but a smile creased the man's lips as he remembered the previous trips he and Dean had been on.

They were always together, the Winchester brothers. They were all that was left, but despite that, Sam was content, oddly enough. He and Dean had been through Hell and back, yet they supported each other through thick and thin. It was how it had always been, and it'd be forever after. Or so he thought...

Too lost in his thoughts, Sam never realized he walked across the road to hear the sound of screeching tires and the honk of a car horn, turning his head with wide eyes to see the bright headlights heading straight for him. As he braced himself for impact...

~

"Amalia, dear! It's almost time to close down!" The voice of Serena Rae filled the young woman's ears as she had finished organizing inventory, turning her head to give her mother a tender smile.

"Yes, mama." She called out sweetly, placing a book back in its place before walking to the receptionist counter to count the cash. Trotting to her side was a large German Shepard by the name of Rogue, tongue hanging from the side of his jaw as his master stroked his head. Amalia had been working at Celestial Guidance after it opened when she was 19, thus giving her opportunities to meet all sorts of people, such as other Demon Hunters.

It was a small quaint shop, and it felt comforting once a customer walked through the front door. The items in stock varied from charms, books, to souvenirs for wandering travelers. The chime of the door opening caused Amalia to lift her head to turn her gaze to the entrance. A smile crept against her glossy lips at the sight of a handsome man, who appeared annoyed which made her giggle to herself.

"Looks to me like you're itching for a beer." She called out, her eyes glued on him.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:57 pm

Without a sound, a shout of 'watch out' or anything, Sam was knocked down out of the way. After rolling to a stop, the force that saved him groaned.

~

"Hell yeah," Dean groaned a little shaking his head and looked around the shop, then back at her, "How'd you guess? Am I that obvious?" he chuckled and reached out, touching a necklace on the counter hanging on a rack. He recognized the symbol, "Circle with Dot...represents the sun. The symbol for the sun is an image of spiritual wholeness, with a focal point for the meaning of life," he hoped his knowledge of things would impress her. She was certainly lovely and could probably spend hours naming the meanings of everything in this place. He just hoped there wasn't a devil trap hidden somewhere, then he'd be in deep shit. Why didn't Sam come here instead? This was clearly dangerous for him.

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 12:56 am

As he braced himself for impact, Sam felt his body being pushed to the side and rolled down to ground with eyes shut tight and a groan leaving his lips. The man slowly opened his one eye only for them both to widen at the sight of a dark haired female on the ground in front of the immobile car. How could a woman her size push him out of the way? She looked so short... Snapping back to reality, Sam rushed over to her in a panic, lifting her up in his arms.

"Are you all right?! Are you hurt?" He asked, looking down at her with worry.

~

Amalia's smile grew brighter at his words, shaking her head before walking around the counter to lean against it, her canine companion eyeing the stranger suspiciously.

"I've seen plenty of people walk into our shop, and you'd be surprised on how observant mama and I are. We run into all kinds of colorful characters." She giggled, then her gaze hit the necklace he was examining. Her hazel eyes turned soft as she walked over to him, smiling tenderly to see how tense he was. The fact that he knew the symbolic meanings of each charm and amulet surprised her, and it made something in her mind click.

"You know your stuff... And there's no need to be so uptight. Relax, nothing will hurt you here, Mr. Hunter." She giggled, whispering the last part with a sly smirk.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 1:20 am

"Oh shit, that hurt," Kerica groaned as she shifted her body, her eyes blinking rapidly, vivid gunmetal green gaze resting on him, "Ah, yeah, I'm good, just...ah, gimme a sec to gather my bearings." She grunted and tried to sit up, "I'm a bit tougher than that, a car won't take me down so easy. You should watch where you're going." She rubbed her head where there was a small scrape but she'd had worse. The damn thing was just bleeding a lot and she scowled at her hand and how it was covered in blood.

"I'm so sorry," said the man in the car as he finally got out to see their condition, "I can call an ambulance!"

Kerica stood up and just held the sleeve of her red shirt to her injury. It was May, but still some days like today were cooler so she wore a long sleeved shirt, "I'll be fine sir, thank you. It's just a scrape. A couple ibuprofen and I'll be good. Besides, I think this one owes me more than you do," she smacked Sam's chest with the back of her hand before walking away towards the other end of the crosswalk.

~

"Aha, well that explains things," Dean grinned as he put his hands in his jacket pockets. That smirk...well, he should know, the saying about redheads had proven to be true more than once. Mm, and her eyes...damn, smokin'. "Since you know so much just by looks alone, then perhaps you can help me out here, Miss, ah...?"
Back to top Go down
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Sam watched in disbelief as the woman said that she'd be fine, but his mind told him otherwise. Helping her back on her feet, the man listened to her words, stunned at how well she was handling the situation. Seeing the blood on her hand made his heart race in panic, observing the scene with worry. How could she say she was okay when she clearly got injured? He snapped back into reality once more and rushed after the woman, reaching her side.

"At least let me treat your injury. It's my fault you got hurt, after all." He insisted, biting his lip. He couldn't let her leave like this, not when she got hurt because of him. Sam felt responsible, and in his mind, he believed he had to make it right.

~

'God, how can one man be so good looking?' the red head thought. A smile formed against her lips and extended a hand towards him; a friendly gesture towards strangers.

"Amalia. My name is Amalia Rae. It's a pleasure." She introduced with a polite tone, shaking his hand only to feel a small spark once their skin came in contact. She blinked in surprise and pulled her hand away, a small shade of pink appearing on her cheeks. What was that just now...? Shaking her head, she thought it might've been her imagination, and smiled at him.

"I'm sorry about that... So, what can I help you with?" She asked, quickly going back to the original topic.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:27 pm

"I just need to stop the bleeding. It's not as bad as it looks. If you're determined to look out for me then we can finish heading to that library and step into the bathroom, but I've had worse," Kerica shrugged, "Nice to meet you, by the way, Sam." His eyes widened and she chuckled a bit, "There's no Hunter around who doesn't know who you are. Don't worry, I won't blow whatever cover you have here, granted you tell me what it is so I don't call you by the wrong name or something."

~

"No, not a problem. Must've been...static electricity or somethin'," Dean smiled weakly, hoping he hadn't hurt her in some way by accident. He still wasn't used to his new abilities and stuff and controlling it, "Anyway, um...since you know I'm a Hunter, I'm here with my brother looking for the Jersey Demon. We heard there's been a few disappearances and lots of livestock massacres around here and we're just...looking for anyone with information."
Back to top Go down
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 10:03 pm

His eyes grew wide as she spoke his name, blinking a few times in disbelief. How did she...? Before he could ask, the woman explained herself, and he wore a look of absolute shock. "Wait a minute... /You're/ a hunter?" He blurted out, then realized how bad that must have sounded. He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, looking to the side before meeting her gaze once more.

"S-Sorry, I uh... I didn't mean that in a sexist kind of way. It's just..." Sam paused, smiling nervously. "It's not everyday that we run into a female hunter. Not that it's a bad thing!" He added, feeling ridiculous now. 'Someone kill me now...' he thought.

~

Amalia smiled sweetly at him as he explained himself, nodding in understanding as her gaze never left his own. 'What beautiful eyes...' she thought. She could stare at him all day if possible... Snapping back into reality, she led him to the back of the store where a small refrigerator was located. Looking around slowly, she opened the fridge to reveal two full rows of beer bottles.

Taking one out and closing the door, she handed the full bottle to Dean. "I'll tell you everything you need to know, if you promise to keep this secret beer storage between us." She smiled, soon placing her index finger to her lips with a wink, giggling softly.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 10:17 pm

Kerica snickered and motioned her hand in a circle, "Go on, keep digging your own hole," she grinned as he got even more flustered, "Yeah, the life of a Hunter isn't the most glorious and not a life a lot of women would pick. I don't mind though...much," she started walking again, "So instead of standing around talking, let's get this damn scrape cleaned up. Let me guess, you're looking for lore about the Jersey Devil?"

~

His body stiffened at her smirk before he grinned and took the bottle, "Not a problem, Amalia. My lips are sealed." They headed back out to the front and he tilted his head at her, "So...what /do/ you know?"
Back to top Go down
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Sam's face turned red at her grin, scratching his neck again before walking beside her. His gaze turned soft at her explanation, realizing that she must've been through some rough patches while being a Huntress. However, he knew better then to pry into her personal life. So he nodded and kept his mouth shut, until she mentioned the Jersey Devil. "How do you..." He stopped himself midsentence, a chuckle soon leaving him. "Let me guess... You're hunting it too?"

~

The red head grinned as he accepted the beer bottle from her, walking back to the front of the store with him. She stopped by the entrance and turned to Dean with a serious look on her face, parting her lips to speak, "I had a family friend who was attacked by the Jersey Devil..." She stated, seeing the confusion on his face. "It surprised me too. Normally, this creature feeds on livestock, but I suppose that wasn't enough for it. I did some research, and according to what I found, it was once a human child that turned into some sort of monster."

She stood to face him directly, clutching at the hem of her red plaid shirt tightly. "The Jersey Devil legend has been passed down for many generations, from hunter to hunter. According to said legend, the beast was the thirteenth child to a woman by the name Deborah Leeds, who was said to be a Witch and wife to the Devil himself."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 11:49 pm

"Yuuuup, I sure am," Kerica agreed. They reached the library and she looked around for the restroom sign. She took her hand off the injury and looked around before she stepped in, dragging him with her. It was a single bathroom instead of one with lots of stalls, and she went to the counter to look at it, "Oh, hey, I just realized you don't know my name. I'm so dumb. It's Kerica, Kerica Knight."

Sam beamed a smile as she admitted that she was hunting this thing as well, feeling relieved that he had found a fellow hunter. Once they reached the library, Sam nearly let out a cry as he was dragged into the single restroom. As she introduced herself to him, his gaze turned soft once again and his smile returned. "Kerica..." He repeated, soon looking down nervously. "It uh... It suits you." He said, his face heating up in embarrassment.

"Thanks...well, you gunna help me with this or not?" Kerica asked as she washed out the blood her shirt had soaked up, "Good thing this is red, eh?" she smiled and wrung it out a few times then grabbed a paper towel to dry it, "So...what do you know about this monster, if anything? Do you think it was asleep for a while then kinda went crazy when it realized things weren't the same? Could be why it's taking people. I'm not so sure they're dead, honestly. It's an animal eater. I could be wrong, though. Just throwing out ideas."

"Oh, right...!" Sam quickly grabbed a paper towel and running water over it to lightly and gently dab at the scrape on her head, making sure he didn't hurt her. "In all honesty, I don't know much about this thing... Except that it was once a human child that turned into a monster. Not much information on how to kill it." He explained.

"Yeah, I know that much, too. Not sure if the library will have anything but we can always check," she felt like a dwarf leaning against the counter and he almost had to bend in half to reach her. His touch was gentle, trying not to agitate the wound and make it bleed more. She felt the knuckles of his fingers brush her skin and there was a short of static shock feeling and jumped, "Ow! You shocked me!" she stared at him and reached up to rub the area, her fingers brushing his but there was no shock this time, just warmth and tingling, "Must've got charged when we rolled around on the pavement or something."

As Sam continued to dab the wound, he jumped at the sudden static shock feeling. His eyes widened, and looked at her with worry. "I am so sorry! Are you okay?" He asked, voice filled with concern. He felt her touch and the tingling warmth filled his veins. What was this feeling...? "Maybe..." He said at her statement, voice sounding far away.

~

"Wait, so...your family's been dealing with this thing for centuries since it was created?" Dean furrowed his brows at her, "So you must have some knowledge of things you've all tried that hasn't worked, and things that haven't been tried."

"That's correct..." Amalia agreed, looking down at her feet for a brief moment. "One of my ancestors shot a cannonball at this thing, but it kept on flying off. According to people who spotted the Jersey Devil, they tried tranquilizer darts, human bullets, anything that could possibly kill it. But nothing worked... However, I do have an idea on what might work." She said.

"Human bullets sure, but have any of your ancestors or Hunter buddies tried silver bullets?" Dean shrugged, "Just sayin, it's an option." Figuring having the beer bottle out in the open was a bad idea, he just put it in an inner pocket out of sight, "What's your opinion, though? You hunt monsters, too?" Shit, he felt like a hypocrite now. After killing all those things and not giving a damn and hating them and stuff and here he was, possibly taking a liking to this chick who could be a Hunter and would probably hunt him down and...damn it! He was getting all paranoid. Shaking his head, he returned his focus to Amalia.

Amalia thought for a moment, before shaking her head slowly. "I don't think anyone even thought about using silver bullets... It's definitely worth a try, though." She said, then looked up at him with a weak smile. "Unfortunately, I'm no hunter... I specialize in protection spells. I can't even hold a gun." She laughed bitterly at herself, looking down with a small hint of sadness in her eyes. "My father was the hunter of the family... He was a good man." She said.

Was...? Dean pursed his lips together and sighed a little, "I'm sorry 'bout your dad, mine was good, too. I know the feelin' I guess." He looked around, "Protection spells...that would explain the store. Is it just you runnin' this place or...?"

Amalia shook her head and smiled at him in reassurance. "It's okay... I'm sorry too." She said. As she was about to answer his question, she heard the sound of her mother clearing her throat, causing her eyes to widen and turned around to see Serena with her arms crossed over her chest, and a smug smirk on her face which was aimed at Dean.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:59 pm

"Um...hello?" Kerica waved her hand in front of Sam's face, "Woo-hoo, are you with me, Sam? You've been acting kind of out of it. I mean, almost getting hit by that car was pretty sad, especially for a Hunter. Is something wrong?"

Blinking a few times as she waved her hand in his face, Sam smiled at her and shook his head in hopes of reassurance. "Sorry about that. I'm fine, don't worry... I'm just tired." He said in a soothing tone, going back to dabbing the wet paper towel onto her wound tenderly.

"I think it stopped bleeding," Kerica smiled in amusement, "Tired, as in didn't sleep well tired or sick of this job tired?" she pushed away from the counter, her body pressing into his to make him move away, and turned to look at the wound in the mirror.

With a slight nod, Sam pulled his hand away and moved to the side, chuckling softly at her question. "Lately, I've been having troubles sleeping... I've been having nightmares." He spoke honestly, watching her through the mirror.

"Oh, yeah that would do it. I get nightmares often, too," Kerica agreed, going to the door once she was satisfied and headed out, holding it open for him, "Let's look for lore and stuff about the demon now." She wouldn't ask him about the nightmares. If he wanted to share, he would. It wasn't her place to pry.

Sam nodded once, walking out of the restroom with her before immediate searching through the bookshelves to search for any clues on how to find and kill the Jersey Devil.

~

"Oh...uh, hi," Dean smiled awkwardly. He could she the resemblance between her and Amalia. Was this her mom? "Who might you be?"

"Serena Rae, owner of this little shop. As well as Amalia's mother. It's a pleasure to meet you." The woman giggled, shaking Dean's hand before looking at her daughter with a teasing look in her eye. "Such a handsome young man. This your boyfriend?" She asked, causing Amalia to shake her head rapidly with a beet red face.

"N-No...! Mama, please! You're embarrassing me." She spoke, covering her face with her hands which only made Serena laugh.

"Amalia's mother? No way, you must be her sister or somethin." Dean tried to make brownie points, but then cleared his throat a bit, his ears feeling hot, "Amalia was just tellin' me 'bout the Jersey Devil and how your family in the past has tried to kill it. I'm Dean, by the way."

With a hearty laugh, Serena grinned at Dean's compliment, looking down at her embarrassed child. "I like him already." She said, making Amalia groan in embarrassment. Turning her pale blue gaze towards the man, she gave him a gentle smile. "I know exactly who you are." She said.

Amalia tilted her head in confusion, wondering what exactly she meant, but shrugged it off as if it were nothing.

Dean's smile faltered and he shiftd awkwardly, "So, is there a chance we can talk more? Like, somewhere else or something? Amalia said she had an idea on how to kill it but didn't elaborate. Maybe you have some ideas, too?"

"Unfortunately, I don't have much information to give you. Amalia is more knowledgeable on this sort of thing, and we're closing down for the day..." Serena started, before turning to Amalia who seemed to look disappointed. She smiled and looked back at Dean. "Why don't you take my daughter with you? I'm sure you'll figure something out together." She suggested, causing the red head to look at her mother in surprise.

"Mama, are you sure?" She asked, earning a gentle smile.

"You'll be fine, I promise. Dean will be there if anything happens." Serena reassured, earning a small nod from Amalia.

"Okay..." She gave in with a hesitant smile.

"Before you two head out, I'd like to have a word with you, young man. Alone." Serena stated, making Amalia swallow hard before smiling at Dean, walking out of the building and waited by the door.

Serena stopped near the back of the store, turning to face Dean with eyes filled concern and desperation. "I can tell that you have a good heart... And I can see that you mean no harm to my daughter." She started, a weak smile gracing her lips. "She's all the family I have left, and I'm putting my faith trust in you, in hopes that you'll protect her."

She glanced out the window briefly, seeing that the sun was slowly beginning to set. With a soft sigh, Serena turned to Dean once again, her gaze locked with his own, "If you hurt my baby girl, you will answer directly to me, Dean Winchester. Promise me you'll keep her safe."

The look in her eyes floored him and he swallowed thickly, "Yeah. Yeah, okay, I promise I'll do my best, but you do know this job comes with dangers. I look out for my little brother so, looking out for Amalia shouldn't be a problem." That seemed to be his job with everyone, to look out for them. He just hoped he didn't fuck up this time with her like he did with Sam.

Serena gave him a relieved smile and an understanding nod, patting his shoulder gently. "Good enough for me..." She chuckled, then grabbed his shoulders and pushed at his back to make him move forward. "Now, get out there and kill this bastard. Don't hit on my daughter too hard." She said with a playful wink, closing the door behind him and flipped the open sign to "closed".

Amalia blinked in confusion and turned to Dean with wide eyes, tilting her head to the side. "What was that all about?"

"Ah, nothin' you need to worry about. Just parental warnings and paranoia," Dean chuckled and shrugged before patting her back, "C'mon, I'll take you back to the hotel Sam and I are staying at."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:07 pm

()

It had been at least over an hour, and Sam had found no signs or clues on how to kill the Jersey Devil. With a frustrated sigh, he looked at the time, and realized the library would close soon. Turning to Kerica, he walked over to her, sitting on a chair beside her. "Any luck?" He asked, hoping that she at least had some sort of idea on how to kill the beast.

"No, nothing...just the recording about how someone tried to shoot it with a cannonball, and that's pure iron, so it's not a spirit," Kerica grumbled, closing the book and standing up, "Can you help me put these away Mr Giant?" she teased.

Sam chuckled at the nickname and gently took the book from her, walking over to the bookshelf and put it back to its rightful place. Walking back to Kerica, the man smiled down at her. "Why don't we head back to the hotel my brother and I are staying? I'm sure he has some idea on how to kill this thing." He suggested.

"Right. I was going to go to the police station to ask about the disappearances, but talking with your brother sounds like a good idea," Kerica nodded. They headed out of the library and she followed him, "Just watch where you're going, I don't want to knock you out of the way of a car again," she grinned, "Though that was one of the odder ways to meet someone." They hadn't talked much, too focused on their research, but between books she had found herself staring at him, studying his face and features before going back to her books. She just hoped he hadn't noticed.

A soft laugh left his lips at her words as they walked back to the hotel, grinning at her in return. "Don't worry, I'll be more careful." He reassured, looking ahead. As they walked along in relative silence, Sam would sneak side glances at Kerica, making sure she didn't notice. 'So beautiful...' he thought; long dark brown hair, slightly pale skin, and captivating green eyes. Everything about her somehow drew him in, and he couldn't explain why.

Once they reached the hotel, Sam took out the key from his pocket and unlocked the door, opening it for Kerica. "Ladies first." He smiled.

"Well isn't it my baby brother," Dean grinned at Sam as he walked through the door, a pretty brunette at his side. She looked like a pixie she was so short! She looked maybe...sixteen, too. "I never knew you were a pedophile, Sammy!" he chuckled as he went to take another drink of his beer which was already half gone. Next thing he knew, the glass shattered all around him and he jumped up, the sticky liquid getting all over his pants, "HOLY SHI--WHAT THE HELL?!"

"I'm twenty-two, and you can go fuck yourself," Kerica hissed at him much like a cat with it's hackles raised and tail bushy, her arm slightly outstretched. The dagger that had flown at him and broken the bottle was laying on the floor in the middle of the glass.

Sam blinked in surprise at his older brother's words, only in the blink of an eye for his beer bottle to suddenly shatter in the middle, the alcohol soaking his jeans. "Dean, what the hell?! First of all, that was rude and uncalled for! And second of all, how did you get that bottle?!" He shouted.

Amalia, who had been sitting on the bed, was shocked at how fast that dagger went flying. She didn't even realize it was thrown at all. "Um... I was the one who gave it to him." She said timidly, looking to Sam and Kerica with hesitation.

"Hello, sorry to scare you, dear," Kerica smiled kindly and walked forward, grabbing her tiny dagger and placing it back in her belt, her shirt over it, then she glared at Dean before stepping around the glass and sitting on the other chair while Dean ran off to the bathroom to clean off his pants, "So, pleasure to meet you. I'm Kerica Knight."

"Pleasure my ass, and I was just teasing you, like I always do," Dean called to Sam.

Amalia returned her smile with one of her own, watching the dark haired female put her dagger back into her belt. As she introduced herself, the redhead's smile grew and she bowed her head in greeting. "The pleasure is all mine, Kerica. I'm Amalia Rae." She spoke, shaking her hand before turning to Sam.

He smiled at the girl and shook her hand, completely ignoring Dean's comment. "I'm Sam, Sam Winchester." He introduced, causing Amalia's eyes to widen.

"Wait... Winchester?" She looked down for a moment before it finally clicked. "That's why Mama said she knew who Dean was..." She muttered, more to herself than anything.

"That's not going to be a problem is it?" Dean came back out, his pants dark all around the front and he looked like he pissed himself. Damn that chick! This was so embarrassing!

"Not sure about fire head over there, but I certainly don't care. As long as we can get the job done and work together in a civil manner, I'm good," Kerica shrugged.

"No, it's no problem at all!" Amalia responded to Dean's question, smiling at him in reassurance. "It just caught me by surprise, is all." She added, then her eyes saw the stain on his pants, a snort leaving her and she quickly turned away and covered her mouth, her shoulders shaking as she held back laughter.

Sam, on the other hand, busted out laughing. "Oh my god, Dean! She got you good."

"Shut up, both of you!" Dean growled a bit and he went back to the bathroom, grabbing a scraper and plastic pan to clean up the glass on the floor, "So Sam, what'd you find out about the Jersey Devil? I bet I hit the jackpot better than you."

"Sorry, Dean. I didn't mean to laugh." Amalia apologized, then turned to Sam whose smile faded as he released a heavy sigh.

"We didn't find much... Except that someone tried to shoot a cannonball at it." He admitted, then looked at his brother. "What about you?"

"Ha! Well the redhead sitting right there is the decadent to the person who shot that cannonball," Dean gave Sam a triumphant smirk, standing up and going to dump the glass, "She told me some ideas she had for killing it, but she isn't much one for Hunting so we'll have to do it. Go on, Amalia, tell 'em," he coaxed.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 1:17 am

A surprised look appeared on Sam's face as he glanced at the red head, making her blush and look down nervously. With words of encouragement from Dean, Amalia smiled and turned to sit on the edge of the bed, facing both Sam and Kerica. "Many of my ancestors tried trapping the Jersey Devil, but human traps have proven to be a failed attempt. So, I have a plan that might work." She explained, causing Sam to tilt his head in curiosity and crossed his arms over his chest.

"What did you have in mind?" He asked, making Amalia beam a smile.

"I say we let it come to us. We lure it to a seal that will hopefully trap and paralyze it. If that doesn't work, we use silver bullets to slow it down. It moves faster than any living creature, and if threatened, it lets out a blood curdling scream."

"So a Devil's Trap?" Kerica's brows furrowed, "Doesn't that only work on people who are possessed?"

"It should work on this demon anyway, I mean, the worst that can happen is it doesn't, right? And I'll be waiting nearby with my pistol to shoot it with the silver bullets. If not that then we can behead it like we would with vampires, salt and burn the body," Dean added, making sure there was no more glass and dumped the last of it in the trash for a second time.

"That's all well and good, but who'll behead it and who's going to be the bait?" Kerica asked.

"You could always be the bait, sweetheart," Dean offered with a small sneer.

Sam gave his older brother a cold glare, shaking his head. "That's not happening, Dean." He retorted, then blinked in surprise as Amalia stood on her feet.

"I'll be the bait." She volunteered, making the younger brother's eyes grow wide.

"Amalia, it's too dangerous. You don't know what-" He was cut off by the look in Amalia's eyes. Her hazel hues held a hidden confidence, a feeling she believed was gone for good. She smiled sweetly, clutching at the amulet that hung around her neck, releasing a slow and steady breath.

"I've seen things that can't be explained to others... I've seen monsters that haunt my dreams every night. Don't tell me that I don't know what we're dealing with."

It was Dean's turn to jump in and defend a chick, "She lost her dad like we did, Sam, I think she knows."

"Alright, then if you're going to shoot the thing, then I can run up and behead it. I guess...Sam, you could be the backup? If it tries to run off...or something, and I miss, you could behead it instead?" Kerica offered, the 'or something' coming up because just the mention of the Devil screaming made her try and repress a grimace.

Sam softened his gaze at Dean's words, realizing the meaning of what Amalia said. As he was about to apologize, Kerica chimed in and he turned to her with a tilt of his head. "I don't mind being backup, but can I ask why?" He said, seeing how she was trying to hide her look of discomfort.

"What, princess, worried it'll turn around and eat you before you can get a swing in?" Dean grunted, getting himself a can of soda from the fridge to wash away the taste of beer before he started wanting more.

"No, of course not," Kerica rolled her eyes and she stood up, "Anyway, when do you think we should try and go after this thing? Tonight? Tomorrow? The sooner the better I think." She'd have to tell Sam in private if she didn't want one of Dean's snide comments.

Sam smirked to himself at Kerica's words, then turned to Amalia who looked out the window to see that night was approaching them. "What do you think, Amalia? Will tonight work?" He asked.

Turning to everyone, the red head nodded slowly with a small smile. "Tonight's perfect."

"Then let's grab our stuff and head out. Shouldn't take too long to get to that forest and make the trap," Dean turned to Amalia and grabbed his jacket off the bed before he reached out and took her arm, leading her outside to his impala.

"I should grab my car, too," Kerica stood up, "Funny enough I'm staying in this same hotel."

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 2:17 am

Amalia blinked in surprise as Dean grabbed her arm and led her to his car, hopping into his impala on the passenger side. She could feel her heart racing against her chest; she was nervous, she realized. Clutching at her amulet, she closed her eyes and silently prayed for protection.

Sam followed Kerica with a small grin. "You have a really bad poker face, you know that?" He chuckled, then turned to her with a soft expression. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing, but it could be something," Kerica grumbled and licked her lips, reaching into the tactical pack on her hip and pulling out a Burt's Bees colored lip balm, smearing some on before she started chewing at the skin and it made her naturally rosy lips even more red and the minty tingle felt good, "My hearing is really sensitive. Like.../really/ sensitive. I can't stand it when people have the volume up so loud and then complain they have it that way because they can't hear it. Well, if you'd turn it down and train yourself to listen then maybe you wouldn't have that problem!" she ran her hand through her hair which she hadn't put into a ponytail yet, "Sorry for my mini rant there."

Sam couldn't help but direct his gaze towards her lips, blushing lightly before listening to her speak. What was he doing just now...? When she apologized, he smiled and shook his head. "Don't worry about it." He chuckled, hopping into the passenger side of her car.

"You're not a car guy? Most dudes like, oogle over my car and offer me a tune up," Kerica slid in and started the car, "Of course, they do it so they can get in bed with me."

He laughed nervously at her words, shaking his head. "No, not really." He said. Realizing how cramped he felt in his seat, he adjusted it slightly, getting more comfortable. "And do they?" He asked, glancing at her.

"Ah, sorry it's so cramped Mr. Giant, I've never had a passenger," Kerica looked at him with a knowing smirk, "That was a no, I've never whored myself out like that. I know I'm pretty, I can sex it up, play on a guy's desires, but I'm not a slut. I prefer to leave them wanting." She put the car into reverse and pulled out of the parking lot, following Dean's black Impala, "I know how to take care of a car well enough that I can keep it running, too. My father got this baby for me when I was sixteen. It's been through a lot with me, seen a lot of blood and gore. I'm sure you guys know the feeling."

Sam chuckled at the use of the nickname again and nodded in understanding as she explained herself. "Pretty doesn't even begin to cover it." He complimented, eyes crinkling into a smile.

"I...um..." Kerica blushed darkly and sucked her lips in, not looking at him as she twisted and turned to follow Dean out of Port Republic, "Thank you?" she added lamely.

Once they got on the road, Amalia smiled and turned on the radio, hearing a song she knew all too well. She cracked a smile and glanced at the older male from the corner of her eye, she parted her lips as the first line of lyrics came up. It was then she began to sing, in hopes of impressing Dean, "Buddy, you're a boy, make a big noise. Playin' in the streets, gonna be a big man some day. You got mud on your face, you big disgrace! Kickin' your can all over the place. Singing, we will, we will rock you!" She sang with a huge grin on her face.

Dean's eyes lit up and he grinned widely at her, "We will, we will, rock you!" he sang along happily, his voice echoing with hers.

Back in Kerica's red ford mustang, her eyes widened. "Is that...?" She rolled down her window and tilted her head in time to hear the chorus of the two of them singing together, "It is! No way!" She pointed at her glove box, "Pull out the CD case in there! It's black with a triskele drawn on it. Hurry, hurry!"

Sam blinked in confusion as he heard the two singing together, then turned to Kerica with wide eyes before doing as he was told, taking out the case and handed her the requested CD.

Amalia laughed happily as she and Dean sang together, feeling her anxiety and fear fading away. With a bright smile she sang the next verse, "Buddy, you're a young man, hard man. Shoutin' in the street, gonna take on the world some day! You've got blood on your face, you big disgrace! Wavin' your banner all over the place. We will, we will, rock you!"

She wasn't singing alone during the second verse, his lowering so it wouldn't overwhelm her pretty one and he thumped his hands on his steering wheel in time to the song. Then he heard an echo...Rolling down his window he heard Queen also playing from Kerica's car, "I think I underestimated Sam's new girlfriend," he laughed.

"Your brother has a decent taste in music," Kerica grinned during the next verse. She had told Sam to roll down his window before she turned up the volume. It was because the wind blowing by damped the sound that she didn't mind, "We will, we will, rock you!" she sang after the third verse finished.

The red head grinned and laughed at the echo of Kerica's car, bobbing her head to the music while Sam sat in his seat with the collar of his jacket pulled up to the side of his face. 'What have I gotten myself into...?' He thought. However, he couldn't help but take a glance at Kerica as she sang along.

She looked so happy, and the sound of her voice made him relax. A smile crept against Sam's lips, chuckling silently as he looked ahead and out of the front window of her car, bobbing his head a little to the song.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:57 pm

Dean looked around the forest as he hid in the shadows. He couldn't see Sam or Kerica, so that was good. She had put her hair into a ponytail and put on a black jacket so her red shirt wouldn't stand out. At least the pixie stick had enough sense to disappear, blend in and be practical. While they got off on a bad start, she wasn't so bad. Anyone who played Queen where it wasn't their parent's collection was alright in his book.

Pistol cocked and ready to fire, he heard the leaves rustling and watched Amalia's head whip around searching for the monster. That fowl stench...at least being a demon, all of his senses were heightened. He was sure Sam could sense the damn thing, too. In all honesty the two of them could've wasted it on their own but humoring Kerica and Amalia hadn't seemed like a bad idea at the time. Now he wasn't so sure.

Amalia's heart was racing, and as she clutched at her amulet tightly with her hand, she silently prayed for strength and courage. The sound of flapping wings filled her ears, and her stomach churned in sudden fear. Biting her lip, the creature soon came into view, and her hazel eyes widened.

The Jersey Devil was at least the size of a horse, and its bat-like wings folded behind its back. Its large beady eyes stared her down, the beast's goat head tilting from side to side. Lucky for Amalia, it didn't feel threatened, which meant no scream. Not yet, anyway. She suddenly gave it a smirk, taking a few steps backward.

"Come on, big boy." She cooed, and the beast slowly followed her with no signs of hesitation. With her back facing the Devil's Trap drawn onto the ground, she bit her lip nervously, yet kept her calm and collected composure.

Sam watched the scene from the shadows from afar, clenching his jaw together. He had to admit, Amalia was handling the situation really well. He mentally prayed that it wouldn't harm her. Once the Jersey Devil was inside the trap, Amalia muttered a chant, and the beast suddenly felt its body grow heavy, almost like lead. It slowly sunk to the ground, struggling to get back on its feet.

"NOW!" She shouted, giving the others the signal.

Dean whipped out from behind the tree and started shooting at it. He watched as Kerica bolted from her own spot but the demon jumped to it's feet, opened it's ugly ass mouth and screamed. He winced, but his eyes widened when Kerica let out a pained shout and dropped to her knees with her hands over her ears. Damn it, that's why she asked Sam to be back up. "Stupid pixie," he muttered under his breath as Sam shouted Kerica's name and the clearing suddenly became really crowded, but Sam's swing was clean.

"Kerica!!" Sam shouted as the beast let out an ear shattering scream, swinging the large blade at its head. The scream subsided instantly as the head rolled onto the ground, its body toppling down as a lifeless corpse. Amalia, who had her ears covered, slowly removed her hands and opened her eyes.

"Is it over...?" She asked, looking to Sam who helped Kerica get back on her feet.

"I think so..." He panted, looking down at the body. "We should burn the body and head just in case."

"We should cut out it's heart just in case, too," Dean called from his spot, not wanting to walk closer to the demon trap, He looked at Sam, hoping he would do it.

To his surprise, Kerica used the long dagger in her hand that had a bone handle and stabbed the thing in the chest without hesitation. She glanced at Amalia, "Sam and I can take it from here. You did good, sweetie, now go to Dean."

Sam blinked in surprise at Kerica's action, letting out a breath of relief. He smiled and knelt down beside the dark haired female, watching her. "You ok?" He asked.

With a nod, Amalia smiled at Kerica and walked back to Dean, not once realizing her entire body was trembling until she stopped in front of him.

Kerica kept carving, glad she kept her weapons razor sharp, "I'm alright now, though there's a small amount of ringing in my ears. I should be totally fine in a few minutes. Thanks, Sam. You were pretty on the ball unlike earlier," she grinned at him, "I was hoping I would get to it fast enough."

"Hey, hey," Dean reached out and touched her shoulder, brows furrowing in concern, "You were really brave just then. Color me impressed, and not much impresses me these days," he smiled, trying to make her feel better, "Your dad would've been proud, I'm sure. You handled that like a real champ, and I'll even play We are the Champions in my car on the way back to town, how about that?"

He smiled in relief at her words, nodding as she thanked him. "You're welcome." He said, then chuckled softly as he returned her grin with one of his own. "I'm just glad nothing happened to you."

Amalia looked up at him as he touched her shoulder, her body no longer shaking. His touch and his soothing voice calmed her down, and she smiled at him in return. With a soft laugh at the suggestion, she nodded once, grinning brightly. "Sounds good to me."

"I've been doing this since I was sixteen, though been training since I was twelve. I've got my own journal of what's what and how to kill it, too," Kerica assured, "If you start thinking of me as some sort of damsel in distress, then I'll punch you. Your concern is sweet, but don't ever think I'm helpless." She finished cutting out the thing's heart and stood up, stepping away from it, "Okay, now let's burn the body."

Dean nodded, relieved she wasn't shaking anymore and patted her shoulder, dropping his hand, "Let's go wait in the car and let those two love birds finish up here. Kinda sad, actually, that was a little anti-climactic. I was expecting more of a fight, maybe a chase, some struggling, you know, that sort of thing. I guess I just haven't had any boring Hunts in a while."

Sam couldn't help but laugh at her small threat, nodding in understanding as he smiled at her. "Don't worry, I won't." He reassured, then stood back on his feet to pull out a lighter from his jacket pocket. Once they dragged the body and head from the grassy area of the forest and poured the gasoline on it, the man proceeded to light them on fire and backed away from the burst of flames.

The girl smiled up at him and walked beside Dean back to the car, listening to his words. "Haha, you have a point. This was almost too easy, now that you mention it. But..." She paused, stopping in her tracks to look behind her towards the burning carcass. "Maybe we got lucky tonight." She smiled, then looked up at the starry night sky. She let out a gasp, looking to Dean with wide eyes. "Hey! What time is it?"

"Hm? About..." Dean checked his watch, "Eleven fifty-four, seven minutes to midnight. Why?" He glanced behind him to see the others were making sure the fire didn't spread.

Amalia suddenly beamed a bright smile as he said the time, nodding once. "Perfect! It'll be starting soon, then!" She said, excitement filling up her voice as she soon grabbed his hand and turned around, dashing to the duo that stood by the fire. "Sam! Kerica!" She called out, causing Sam to turn around and face her.

"What's up?" He asked, blinking in confusion as he saw the smile that lit up her whole face.

"There's something I want to show you guys! Once the fire dies down, we can head to the secret spot. But we have to hurry though; it starts at midnight." She said, causing him to tilt his head.

"What starts at midnight?" He asked, narrowing his eyes in confusion and suspicion.

"The meteor shower, of course!" Amalia giggled.

"Oh, I remember reading something about that on my laptop when I went to check my e-mail," Kerica smiled and she made sure the area around the body was wet with water so it wouldn't catch fire even though it was already mostly dirt and nodded, "Let's go, we can come back afterwards to check on it."

With a nod, Amalia dragged Dean with her into the depths of the forest, Sam and Kerica not far behind. It had been a few minutes since they started walking, and the redhead finally realized she had been holding Dean's hand the whole time. She removed his hand from her grip and blushed heavily, laughing nervously.

"Sorry about that..." She said, looking ahead until they reached a small secluded meadow filled with flowers, a sigh leaving the girl's lips. "We're here." She said with a smile.

"How did you know this was here, of all places?" Sam asked, making her turn and face him.

"My dad brought me here when I was eight, and this was where he showed me my first meteor shower." She explained, looking up at the sky. "It became our secret spot, and we would come here during the day."

Sam nodded in understanding and looked up at the sky with her. "When will this meteor shower start?"

"Any minute now..." She assured.

A minute or two passed, then a small ray of light shot through the sky. Followed by another, until the whole sky was covered with bright comets.

"Kind of poetic if you think about it, killing that demon not far from here, a testament to your dad, and now this, something else your dad showed you," Dean smiled at her, enjoying how the light kept flashing across her face and lighting up her hair, her eyes seeming to glow. She looked angelic, but eh, that'd be too cheesy even for himself to call her. Besides, he knew plenty of Angels over the course of this job, and she was better than any number of them.

Amalia giggled at Dean's words, turning her head to glance at him with a sweet smile. "You're probably right." She said, blushing lightly at how he looked with the flashing lights falling from the sky. She had completely forgotten how handsome he was, and it made her heart race against her chest.

Sam smirked to himself as he watched the two, leaning down to whisper in Kerica's ear. "Looks to me like Amalia's developing a crush already." He chuckled, seeing the look on the red head's face before looking at the sky. "It sure is beautiful..."

"Your brother's tumbling down the same road," Kerica whispered back, glancing at them, before returning her gaze to the sky, "You know, you're so tall you could probably touch the sky and catch some of those meteors in your hand."

Unfortunately for Amalia, Dean kept glancing back at her and caught her staring. He smirked at her and held his arms out to the side, "Like what you see, sweet cheeks?" Eh, his nickname game was a little off today apparently. Whatever, at least it wasn't 'baby cakes'. He had a feeling she wouldn't have taken a liking to that one.

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:28 pm

Sam chuckled at her statement, grinning brightly as he extended a hand up towards the sky. He felt as if he was touching the stars and moon, clenching his fist lightly. A smile creasing his lips before lowering it back to his side. "Didn't catch any." He laughed, soon going back to watch his brother and Amalia.

Hearing his question, the red head blushed heavily at the nickname, looking down nervously before she glanced at him with a smirk of her own. "Maybe I do." She teased, laughing soon after.

"Aw, that's too bad," Kerica giggled but once she realized he wasn't really paying attention to her anymore, she shrugged and turned around, "I'm going back to check on the body. Thanks for showing me the meteor shower, Amalia," she called.

"I like a girl who can toss the ball right back," Dean admitted and put his hands in his jacket pockets. "Anyway, I can take you home now. Sam, you gunna ride with us or your new girlfriend?"

Sam blinked a few times as he watched her walk away, scratching the back of his neck before shaking his head and nodding at his brother. "I'll stay with Kerica. Thanks, though." He said, then turned to dash after her. "Wait up! I'm coming with you."

Amalia smirked at his words, watching Sam chase after Kerica with soft eyes before looking back at Dean with a nod. "Yeah, good idea. Mama's probably worried about me."

"He's like a lost puppy," Dean snorted in amusement before he motioned to Amalia to come closer and he put his arm across the back of her shoulders and guided her back to where they had parked, "I'm sure your mom believes you're fine. She knew who I was and still let you come with."

Biting her lip, she walked over to him before he wrapped an arm across her shoulders, feeling her heart beat pick up the pace. She had never been /this/ close to a man before, so it made her slightly nervous. However, the feeling didn't last long, for she quickly grew comfortable again and nodded at his statement. "That's true. Still, I'm very curious as to what she told you back at the shop," She giggled. "Knowing her, she probably got over protective."

"Yeah, you could say that, but I assured her things would be fine. I hope taking you back in one piece tonight will earn me brownie points and it'll prove I can handle things," Dean chuckled and he reached his car. He opened the passenger door for her and once she was in he also went around and got in. As they pulled out onto the road, he did as he promised and played We are the Champions.

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 1:40 am

~*~

It was around eight the next morning when there was a knock on the hotel door and Dean was still brushing his teeth, "Sammy, could you get that? Might be your little pixie," he laughed around his toothbrush.

Sam had finished getting dressed for the day, since he had woken up before his brother this time. Hearing a knock on the door, he blinked a few times, rolling his eyes at his brother's words before walking over. Opening it, he grew wide eyed in surprise to see Kerica, rubbing her eyes in a tired manner. Beside her was Amalia, who happened to be wide awake as she smiled up at the younger sibling.

"Good morning, Sam. Can we come in?" She asked, causing the man to move to the side, letting the girls in.

"Sure." He smiled, trying to hide the surprise he felt.

"Hey, Sam, how are you guys this morning?" Kerica yawned as she and Amalia came in. "The redhead here tried to find you boys first but you didn't file under your real names, so her next best guess was me. Of course, when Amalia knocked on my door I was still in my pajamas. I don't do mornings. Gimme another 45 minutes before I'm completely functional, just sayin'."

"Oh, so you haven't had your full beauty sleep, huh Princess?" Dean laughed as he spit out the toothpaste and washed out his mouth with water.

"Shuddup, I don't have the brains to banter with you at the moment," Kerica ran her hand through her hair.

"We're good. Just getting ready to head out." Sam responded, then chuckled softly at Kerica's comment. Even with bed head, she still looked beautiful. He blushed at his own thoughts and shook his head, smiling to cover up his embarrassment.

Amalia giggled as Dean and Kerica bickered a little, then turned to Dean with a smile. She looked down at her feet briefly, taking a deep breath and releasing it slowly before looking at the siblings with determination. "There's something I want to ask of you."

"Where are we off to next?" Kerica asked, watching Sam's eyes widen and his Adam's Apple bob as he swallowed. He almost looked panicked at the very suggestion.

"We? What do you mean /we/?" Dean asked as he sauntered out of the bathroom and put his hands on his hips. He looked at Amalia with a frown, "What is it you want to ask?

Amalia swallowed hard at Kerica's words, realizing she took the words right out of her mouth. She looked at Dean with a serious look in her eyes. There was no turning back now... "Kerica and I want to go with you... And we want to know if you'll have us." She blurted out, causing Sam's jaw to drop. What did she just say?

"What? No! That's out of the question," Dean swiped his hand in front of himself, "We were fine with you last night, but Amalia, this job isn't butterflies and rainbows. If you're not scarred for life already, you will be. I wasn't kidding last night when I thought that damn Jersey Devil was anti-climactic in comparison to what I usually go through."

Kerica raised her hands, "I already told her all of that, dude, but some people just don't get it until they get their hands dirty themselves."

That may be so, but Dean gritted his teeth to keep from lashing out, glad it was daylight so he didn't have to worry about flickering lights with his anger flaring. He didn't want this sweet, innocent girl becoming a cold, heartless killer like the three of them, himself, Sam and Kerica. "What about you, huh?"

"I have my own car, my own arsenal, my own journal," Kerica listed, "Hell, my biggest weakness in all honesty is my sense of hearing, but I told Sam that and he had by back. If Amalia came with us we could switch out who's driving with who and whatnot so you boys aren't driving each other crazy stuffed in a car together for days on end."

Sam sighed and looked to his brother and Kerica before parting his lips to speak. "Amalia, Dean's right... It's dangerous being around us. I'm sorry, but you have no idea what it's like out there. You could get hurt, or worse-"

"You think I don't know that?" Amalia's words were sharp, yet her voice was trembling. Sam softened his gaze, seeing the tears in her eyes. "You think I don't know know how horrifying it is out there? How dangerous it is?"

Sam was stunned at how serious and emotional her tone was. He parted his lips to speak but was cut off.

"Listen... My father would take me with him on some of his hunting trips, so I have seen some really scary things. I may not have been through Hell and back like the three of you..." She paused, a stray tear rolling down her face. "But I've seen things... I've seen monsters brutally murder innocent people. That's something I can't make go away. I can't pretend like it never happened."

Sam bit his lip as she spoke, and seeing her cry made him feel guilty.

"I want to go with you because I want to be good for something other than just staying here doing nothing. I want to protect those precious to me, and I can't get stronger if I stay cooped up in the shop. Please...." She soon bowed before Sam and Dean, catching Sam completely off guard. "Take us with you... I don't know how much help I can be. But I promise that I won't get in your way. Please... I'm begging you."

She cried a bit too easily. Either that or he was just too cold. Dean didn't really know. "So you're bound and determined, aren't ya?" he grumbled and ran his tongue over his top teeth, making a sucking sound before he dropped his head and shook it, "This is ridiculous, we shouldn't even be having this conversation."

"I already told her she can ride with me so even if you guys don't agree to have us I can just walk right out that door with her and head somewhere like Pennsylvania or Virginia," Kerica shrugged, "I was too tired to argue extensively and I know you guys are worried." She arched a brow at Sam as he hadn't said much, it was all Dean blowing a gasket.

Sam sighed heavily, looking at both girls with a look of defeat. "Okay... Fine. You both can come with us." He gave in, causing Amalia to lift her head and grow wide eyed.

"You mean it?!" She let out happily.

"However, there is something I need to ask you." Sam interjected, making the red head nod. "Are you sure you want to do this? Once you've made your decision, there's no going back. Do you have enough resolve to stick to that?"

Amalia breathed in and out softly, nodding her head slowly. "I've never been more sure about anything in my whole life. I want to do this." She said, no hesitation in her voice.

A small smile crept his lips and he nodded in understanding. "All right, then. Better get your things ready. We leave in an hour." He chuckled.

"I already packed my stuff last night, so I'll take you back to your place," Kerica yawned and stretched her arms above her head, bowing her back which caused her chest to stick out. She was certainly well endowed for a little woman, but her breasts weren't so huge they got in the way of her work. 36D at best. "See you guys at nine then," she waved once she was done stretching and took Amalia's arm, dragging her out of the hotel apartment and shook her finger at her, "Now this isn't some vacation. Only pack the bare necessities. No special trinkets or anything and tight clothes and pants, tennis shoes and boots. If I see one dress in your bag I will /burn it/. Any high heeled besides one professional pair I will snap them and rip them apart. Only luxuries even I allow myself is my jewelry, shampoo, and body wash. If you have bath salts that'd be a good idea, too."

Back inside Dean stormed up beside Sam, "What the hell are you /thinking/? You know what could happen if they come along!"

Sam watched as Kerica stretched, turning away awkwardly as her chest was displayed for him to see. Watching the two girls leave, he heard his brother's outburst, looking at him directly in the eyes. "And that's why we'll protect them. No matter what." He said simply.

Amalia was dragged off by the dark haired female, blinking a few times at the waving finger in her face. She listened carefully to every word she said, and she smiled in understanding. "Understood. But before we head back to my place, I have to make a quick stop to the cemetery. Is that ok?" She asked.

"Hmm? The cemetery? Yeah, sure," Kerica shrugged and pulled out her keys, leading her to her car and getting in. After putting the location in her GPS Navigator she started driving to Amalia's requested destination.

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 6:19 pm

The drive didn't take as long as Amalia thought. It only took at least five minutes to arrive at their destination, and the red head breathed in and exhaled slowly once they found a parking spot. She stared out the front window briefly before smiling at Kerica. "I promise this won't take long. If it's no trouble, I'd like you to come with me." She requested, soon getting out of the car once Kerica agreed. The girls soon came to a medium sized gravestone, causing Amalia to kneel down onto the grass to read the words carved on the stone.

'Joshua Aniston Rae
1972 - 2008
Loving Father, Devoted Husband
"The most joy I feel is when I'm with my family."'

Biting her lip lightly, the redhead ran her fingertips over the carvings and smiled sadly to herself. "Hi daddy..."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 6:27 pm

"Wishing him goodbye and asking for good luck?" Kerica asked instead of giving her the typical "I'm sorry". Most people would be silent at a grave site, but the dead wouldn't wish for the living to be sad. She simply stayed quiet so Amalia could say what she wanted before she said anything more.
Back to top Go down
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 6:37 pm

With a soft giggle, Amalia nodded at Kerica's words. "I guess you could say that." She said, slowly placing her hand back onto her lap. Her eyes stung, yet there was no sign of tears. "I'm leaving, daddy. I know it's sudden... But I think it's time I started carving my own path, you know?" She started, feeling a gentle breeze beginning to blow. "I can't stay long... But I wanted to say goodbye. I'm sorry for not visiting you as often as I used to. I hope you won't hold it against me." She laughed softly, moving a strand of hair away from her face.

Placing her index and middle fingers to her lips before touching the stone with a soft smile. "I love you. Watch over mama for me, okay?" She whispered, getting back on her feet and turned to face Kerica. "I'm ready..."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:10 pm

"Wait," Kerica smiled as Amalia stood, "Your father's here. Stand still, he's behind you." She watched the redhead freeze up, "He's happy for you. He's proud of you, and is certain you're in good hands. He loves you very much, Amalia, and wishes you a good journey."
Back to top Go down
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 7:40 pm

Amalia grew wide eyed as she stood very still, hearing the dark haired female speak. She could've sworn she felt an unusual warmth, yet it brought her comfort. Believing Kerica's words, she relaxed and a smile creased her lips, wiping her eyes once she felt tears of joy threaten to fall. "Thank you..." She said, to both her father and Kerica. It was as if a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders, and she looked back at the gravestone. With a soft breath leaving her, the girl soon felt the gentle warmth fade away before walking back to the car with Kerica.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 3:05 am

~*~

After calling Sam and having the boys meet them at Celestial Guidance, Kerica was looking through a folder about some Massachusetts disappearances when Sam walked through the door. She grinned, looking a lot brighter and more awake now, "Sam! You're here, great. Amalia's mom gave us a new case! It's in Hanson, Massachusetts."
Back to top Go down
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 1:11 pm

Sam blinked in surprise at the dark haired female's words. "A case? That was fast." He chuckled with a smile, looking around to see the trinkets and charms that the store offered to Hunters and regular customers alike. This was his first time seeing the shop, he realized. Getting back to subject, he looked back at Kerica. "So, what's in Hanson?" He asked.

"Will-o-wisps." Amalia chimed in, walking down the stairs with a large suitcase in hand, and a backpack draped over her shoulder.

"How do you know that?" Sam asked, looking to his brother.

"It's just a hunch. But according to what Mama told us, there was someone who claimed to see small orbs of light floating near the marshlands, leading people to the swamp only to never be seen again." The red head explained.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED   How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Save a Soul - ABANDONED
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next