Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynx-Tiger

The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 10:59 pm

Allison hugged him tightly and smiled as she pulled away. "You and Steve better not get into trouble." She teased him. "Make sure that if he does drag someone into the alleyway he's not getting his ass kicked alright?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 11:16 pm

"Pretty sure he can handle himself now, but I promise," Buck gave her a solute and laughed, patting her head before heading out the door.

~*~

"Miss Carbonell?" One of the workers appeared at the door to her office, causing her to look up, "The men Mr. Stark mentioned have arrived. They have the tokens."

She took her glasses off, "Is that so? I suppose you should get the garage ready to show them their presents." She dismissed as she stood up. Grabbing her clipboard so she could work on paperwork as she talked to her guests, she added a fresh page so she could take note of any requests they made, heading to the elevator. She didn't even look up until she reached the bottom floor and she put on a bright smile as she saw the blond and dark brunette, shifting nervously as they talked, fiddling their keychains in their hands, two guards preventing them access. "It's alright, gentlemen. They're clear. Remember their faces." She ordered and they bowed before going back to their previous posts, "Steve Rogers, James Barnes-"

"Bucky...ma'am," Buck winced and straightened up, he hadn't meant to cut her off.

"Bucky Barnes," Maria corrected with a smile, "I am Ms. Carbonell, but you may call me Maria. Come in," she waved her arm out.
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 11:18 pm

"I like her already." Steve murmured to Bucky as he felt his friend step on his foot. He had to bite his lip to keep from laughing. He liked it when Bucky blushed and tried to be the "upstanding" man that he could be. "I know you want to show us the presents, but...uh...I have a question about the letter I got from him." Steve scratched his cheek. "Was he really serious about letting us ask you for things like that or was that a joke I missed?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 12:21 am

"Hm? Oh! No, no, that was no joke. He is grateful to you two, if even a bit guilty for the pain he's caused you. Anything and everything, you have all but to ask. Within reason, we can't give you the literal moon and stars," Maria smiled and led them to the elevator, "/Is/ there anything you boys would like?"

"An apartment," Buck blurted, looking determined, "I worry my family, and I worry about Steve, and Steve worries about me. It'd be a lot easier if we lived together instead of apart. On our own it would've taken...months, but with your help it would be easy as pie."

"Go big or go home," Maria laughed, the elevator stopping and they reached the garage floor, "Give me a list of apartments you've been eyeballing and I can see what I can do. Two bedroom, obviously...or maybe three and you could turn that into an office or art room?" she suggested, glancing at Steve for that one.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 12:26 am

"Two would've been enough." Steve said shyly, already rubbing the back of his neck at the offer. Jesus. He had just been expecting a one room apartment and him and Bucky doing their best to bunk it out. "But if you can swing by three /without/ too much trouble, then we'll take it. Other than that, we can work with two." He looked at Bucky with a mock serious expression. "We'll come up with a system when you have Teresa over so I can bail out."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:12 am

"Buddy, I can easily go to her place instead you know, instead of kicking you out. Unless of course you'd be going to see Kerica anyway," Buck teased with a wink.

"Oh, so one week back and you both have already found yourself some ladies? How cute," Maria raised her eyebrows up towards her hairline, "I will do what I can, I promise." These boys were getting a three bedroom whether Steve liked it or not. He was so modest it was adorable. "Any other questions? Seems like you're full of them, and I'm more than happy to answer," she asked Steve.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:30 am

"I think I'm more worried about the presents he has for us now." Steve admitted. "Because there's going to be a catch to all of this and if I know Howard, which I probably don't, it's going to be something really whacky. Maybe not too much so."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:18 am

"No....no catch. Not this time, unless you count being S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents as a catch, to which case give the keychains back," Maria sauntered through the rows of cars and eventually reached where two motorcycles sat.

Buck immediately locked onto the Harley Davidson bike and his breath left him like he'd been hit with a sack of potatoes, "/Steve/, look at that!" he ran his hand over the seat. The color was a sleek black with red trims, the silver undersides shining, "It's /beautiful/!"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 5:03 am

Steve's was practically the same thing, only his was a bright electric blue with the red trims and silver underlines. At least it was subtly patriotic. It would've been a nightmare and a half to be driving down the road with a vehicle that looked more like the American flag than a bike. "Howard's been busy." He whistled. "They're beauties."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:07 pm

"Well, it's more like he sent me a letter and I had them custom-made based off of what he had in mind," Maria explained with a smile, "If you'd like to go ride them right now, that's fine. Now that you have your keychains, I'll inform security and you shouldn't have any issues getting in and out. By this time next week you two should have that apartment secured and I can even supply you with a couple moving vans."

Bucky used his key to get into the helmet compartment and pulled out a sleek red and black one. He threw his leg over the bike and settled down into the seat, a delighted shudder running up his spine and he caressed the handle-bars, then stuffed his head in the helmet. Flipping the visor down and grinned hugely, "/Steve/, are you /ready/ for this? I wonder what Teresa and Kerica will have to say! Talk about being lady magnets now!" he stuck his key in the ignition and practically /moaned/ as it roared and then purred as it sprung to life.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:10 pm

"I think Teresa's going to either be very thrilled or have a heart attack." Steve joked as he went to his own helmet compartment to get his helmet out. He heard the motorbike roar, and the moan that Bucky gave. He raised an eyebrow over at his friend. "You're not having sex with the bike in front of me." He raised his voice so he could be heard over the roaring of the engine. He swung his own leg over his seat and turned it on.

Man oh man, he could have a lot of fun with this. "Is there an area where we can race without hurting anyone?" He asked Maria. "Or should we wait till Stark sets that up?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:24 pm

"Mm...this time of day?" Maria taps her chin, "Lunch hour rush is over by now, so you don't have to deal with traffic. I can give you quick directions to get you out onto the open road, but no, Stark doesn't really have a runway unless you came to his house in Upstate New York."

"Fine by me," Buck shrugged, watching one of the security that had been standing near open the garage doors, light pouring in.

Maria retrieved a map and held it up to Steve, pointing out specific roads and making sure he could picture them before she patted his back and flourished her arm, "Have fun, you two!"

Bucky gave a loud 'whooooo-hooooo' as he gunned it, roaring up the ramp and out the garage, slowing just a touch to let his eyes adjust to the light, and he was more than expecting Steve when he rolled up beside him, "Lead the way, punk! I'll make you eat dirt once we're all clear!"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 5:30 pm

"Fine. You'll regret this!" Steve called back as they drove off to find a good patch of road to race on.
~+~
Later on that week, Teresa hummed as the record player cooed a song from one of the few artists that she collected. She was supposed to wait for Bucky in order to start cooking, and it was almost five. She fussed with her hair in the mirror, hoping that it looked casual enough since she was home, but fixed up so that it didn't look like she was just laying an egg all day.

She heard the doorbell ring and she smoothed out her dress, took a breath and gave herself a smile. Confidence, she reminded herself. Confidence. She walked over to the door (was she too eager? should she make him wait?) and opened it. "So when it comes to food you're always going to be on time?" She couldn't help to tease.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 9:39 pm

"Maybe," Buck beamed at her, "Just let me know if you want to catch a movie after we eat. I have a ride now," he winked at her before slipping inside when she gave the gesture. His hair had since gotten a trim since he last saw her, though it was still pretty long. He had it combed back at first, but it was now wind-blown from his bike ride. He ran his fingers through it to get it out of his eyes, before he turned to face her. He was in a simple red button up shirt tucked into black slacks with steel-toe boots. When Maria had said a refreshed wardrobe was more than acceptable expenditure, he'd taken his sisters and Steve out yesterday to buy them /whatever/ they wanted and when he got home he threw out half of his old clothes, keeping some things only given to him as gifts. Steve had griped and moaned about prices, feeling awful, but he bitched less when he swore to take all of their old things to second-hand stores.

He /felt/ like a new person and stood in a way he knew was sexy to show off to her, "Like what you see?"

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:48 am

Teresa couldn't help but to laugh, though the apples of her cheeks glowed a bright pink. "You look real good." She promised as she looked at him up and down. "You're certainly a red person. Red and black looks real smooth on you too." She smiled at him brightly. "A movie sounds good, but let's see how dinner goes." She motioned him to follow her towards the kitchen. "After all, this could be the date that makes you high-tail it outta my apartment. Mostly because of a fire."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 12:35 pm

"I won't let that happen, my mother would kill me if I let food be wasted like that. You told me you were good at cooking, anyhow!" he laughed and he undid the sleeve cuffs that way he could roll them up to his elbows. "What do we have to start with?" he asked, going to the sink to wash off his hands. He glanced behind him and smirked to himself as he was able to discreetly watch her. That dress did fit her body nicely, hugging all of the right places. Her hair was shining in the light, and extra poofy from her waves, so she must've taken a shower earlier in the day. He went back to the task at hand and shut the water off, taking the hand-towel and turning fully now.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:04 pm

"Alright so, I was thinking of one of two ways we can do this. I can either chop and cook vegetables while you worry about the steaks, /or/ I could do the steaks and you could do the vegetables." Teresa said as she looked at the stations with a critical eye. Bucky looked /real/ good, and while she was a good cook, she was pretty certain that her distraction would be enough. However, she was determined to get this right. "In honesty, if it were up to me, you'd just be setting the plates down and breaking out that bottle of wine I got from Howard. He sent it to me for some reason with a note that said "congratulations". I have no idea why...I really hope it doesn't have anything to do with S.H.I.E.L.D. I don't want to be on the board of directors."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:30 pm

"Ha, I doubt it. You can always ask him when he finally comes back to the States," Buck shook his head, "I can cook the steak, since you said you like it similar to the way I do. Just don't cut your finger," he teased and grabbed the steaks from the counter since she'd gotten everything prepped. He also turned on the oven, and grabbed the pan and lid he would need. "Dinner is going to be fabulous. What seasonings do you have?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:38 pm

"Um, check the spice rack...it should be next to the stove, that little ancient cupboard next to you." Teresa directed as she found her sharp knife and placed it to the side.  She started gathering the vegetables in a strainer so she could wash them thoroughly. "Not as good as an herb garden, but I know the grocers that live nearby have one, so it's just as fresh."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 9:54 pm

"Oh wow, that's good. You'll have to introduce me to some of them," Buck nodded. Steve would be happy to hear that, "Know of any apartments around here that would be available, by the way? Steve and I are looking to move in together...fresh start, get our bearings and go at our own pace. Steve won't have to be alone anymore, either..." and he wouldn't have to see those sad eyes every time his family saw his arm.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 9:57 pm

"I know that there's an apartment up for lease here..." Teresa hummed in thought as she placed the first few vegetables on the cutting board and began to chop. Her eyes were completely focused and zoned out, but she continued speaking. "I know that there's an apartment down near Prospect that's open...I'm not exactly sure what else is there. I could ask around, see what I can find." She promised. "Is there a type of apartment you're looking for in particular? Bedrooms for instance or price range?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 10:12 pm

"Price...doesn't matter. Three bedroom if we could, turn one into an office, two if anything," Buck nodded to himself, sprinkling the first steak with what he found, garlic and seasoning salt and other things, then he took two forks and started stabbing the crap out of it, holding it still with one and jabbing furiously with the other. He smirked as she looked over in confusion, "It's a way to tenderize it. Just a trick I learned. Don't mind me."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 10:20 pm

"Jesus, I just a metal hammer." Teresa let out a startled laugh after a moment and shook her head. "Alright, price doesn't matter. Three bedrooms...that sounds like the one in this apartment, but I can ask my landlord and see what they say about it. I'll keep an eye out for you on any other potential ones. Why does price suddenly not matter? That...was a bit insensitive. I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 11:15 pm

A dream come true...He had to tell Steve tomorrow, and Maria! "It's alright...I'd rather keep it a secret. Thank you," he flipped the steak over and did the same, though not nearly as much, "I don't like my steak to be a bloody pulp. The hammer is just so messy and annoying to me. You'll see why I do this when it's done," he promised, and turned the stove on now, placing the pan on it and grabbed butter from the fridge instead of oil, "Don't look at me like that. Who's cooking the steak? Me, that's who, and I do what I want."

((max uses a George foreman grill and uses the Pan cooking spray on it, before throwing the steak on it, that's why I'm using butter))

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 11:32 pm

Teresa laughed. "Then I'll hold all my judgements to myself, Lord of Cooking." She laughed as she carefully placed the vegtables on a plate. "I'm taking over another side of the stove." She told him as she placed her bowl of chopped vegetables on the counter next to the stove. She went to a cupboard to get another frying pan and placed it on the stove, setting the temperature and waiting for the pan to heat.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next