Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynx-Tiger

Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 11:15 pm

"Sorry sorry." Steve laughed as he bent himself over. "Give me a moment to catch my breath. Do you want me to walk you to your mom's place? I knew that I should've called or something, but...I didn't think. Oh how's your leg by chance?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 11:26 pm

"I thought your magic booster helped with your asthma and other ailments?" Calla asked him curiously, concern flashing on her face. She closed and locked the door and put her hand on his shoulder, since there was just one step to the sidewalk which put her just high enough, "My leg...hurts quite a bit today. After the fact, of course. I think the adrenaline and the shock factor made me loopy, Vince was so creeped out that I was giggling at it. I've gotten cuts and bruises like on my hands and knees before from climbing, but I haven't had a bad injury like this in a long time."

Calla paused, and she chewed on her bottom lip, "You can come with me if you want. If you don't think it's too soon or some crap. She'll probably coddle me and give me lots of sushi and then bombard you."
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 11:43 pm

"It helps with my asthma, but when I push myself too far, too much and without a proper warm-up, my body protests and demands that I remember how to exercise." Steve slowly got himself unbent. "Are you sure that I won't be in the way? Also, do you want me to give you a piggy-back ride or would that hurt your stitches more?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 11:48 pm

"I'm not /that/ crippled!" Calla gaped at him, before she smiled. She normally hopped off the one step, but she put her good leg down first, since the injury had been on her right. There was a slight limp, but nothing too bad, "It's a ten minute walk to her place, not too bad...I might accept that piggy back ride the last block or two, but let's see how it goes," she amended, "Of course you won't /be in the way/, you big dummy. You /ran/ to my place to see if I was alright. All the way from the beach, didn't you?" she shook her finger at him.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 11:54 pm

"From the docks. Bucky wanted to search out River and get her opinion on the shop that he wants to build." Steve said, holding his arm out so that she could step in to his hold if she so-wished. "He's finally going to do that mechanic shop that he wanted to do a long time ago. Cars and boats. Howard's already getting things up and ready so that he'll be able to do it. He's...um...he's thinking about making a shop a place to stay...but he's also thinking that he might want to build a house next to it. I think he's kind of tired of the island."

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 12:00 am

"I don't think you two will move away completely from the island, though. As you two are getting way more social, you'll hit points where you want nothing to do with people for like, a week, and the island is a vacation spot that isn't halfway across the globe in Tahiti or Florida or something like that," Calla rolled her eyes, "Would you live close to your mom by the mountains? Where all the greenery is and stuff?" she had to ask as she took his offer and curled against his side, her arm going around his waist and she used him for support, walking a little steadier. He was so /warm/ and she /loved/ it, even if the day was getting hotter by the hour as it neared the afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 12:04 am

"As much as I love my mom and I would love to live near her...no." Steve said slowly, holding her close. "It's mostly because I want independence. We made it so far, it'll be a shame to give up now. Though if I had to live else where...I do enjoy the city. I do like the hustle and bustle. But...I love that island. It's not really because of the isolation as it is...that's where I know the plant life. I know how to keep the island secure so that no one can get in and hurt someone that I love. I doubt it make sense, but to me the island is home. I'd probably work in the city though. I've heard that there's an art gallery that opened up and I was debating about putting my pictures in there."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 12:12 am

"You could get a lot of money from an art gallery, can't you? I don't know how they work, really, but that...sounds /really/ awesome. I haven't even heard about it. I don't go to the city much. Not because I don't like it, but I have everything I need here. I go mainly when there's a convention, and I like dressing up, or the fair with the rollercoaster rides and other things like that. The noise...it's comforting in a way. White noise. I can't sleep without a fan on, even in the wintertime," Calla led him down another street since he didn't know where they were going, "There aren't a lot of plants in the city...so would you go to the gardens a lot? Or the parks?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 12:22 am

"I'd go back and forth between the island and the city, but if I had to I'd go to the suburbs rather than the mountains or anywhere in the inner city." Steve explained. "It'll be easier for me to make my own garden and I'd love to go to the parks and the gardens. I get some good drawing time in there if I had a chance to sit down and breathe. I can't sleep without a fan on either. Bucky started being unable to sleep without that crocheted blanket that we bought from you girls a while back. It's a nice comfort item for him to have. Soft and grounding."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 12:28 am

"I don't know how good his smell is, but since River made it, it has her scent all over it, and her love. The colors are an easy reminder as well. Look at and think of her. I make my paintings a bit detached, because if I make them like she made her blankets I wouldn't want to get rid of them. It...was really hard, giving you that painting for your birthday. I haven't made something like that for years," Calla shook her head, "Suburbs sound like a great compromise. Just close enough to a hospital, but far enough away for privacy.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 12:33 am

"I think that's why they go well together. Bucky gives away pieces of himself too if someone needs his help." Steve smiled softly, and then let the smile fade. "I noticed that in the painting. I think I finally see what Bucky sees in my drawings and sketches. I put a lot of effort into drawing and painting my own creations, but I always tell Bucky that they're just "things". Sketches are doodles, a painting is just out of boredom. Every time I say that, he'd tell me that I don't know what it is I'm missing, but I'm missing something huge if I can't see what it is that I create. Maybe that's the curse of us artists. Until we do that one picture that takes apart our soul do we finally see the creations that we've been doing for the longest time."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 10:32 pm

"I've seen some of your sketches scattered around, but you've never shown me any paintings of yours," Calla looked up at him after they turned another corner, "I haven't painted anything since that, but...I think when I do, I won't make it so detached. I...might open commission works for some select, returning customers that come by, too. Do you think that's a good idea? Do you want to sell your paintings at the shop, too, by the way?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 03, 2016 10:38 pm

"If you want me to." Steve scratched the back of his neck embarrassed. "I don't want to take over something that's yours and River's. You both worked really hard in making that craft store. Though if you think that it'll enhance business, I'll be glad to." He looked at her fondly. "I think it's whatever makes you feel good. If commissions is the way to go, then do it."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 7:35 pm

"You won't be taking over anything! I'll just make a corner for you next to my painting stuff to keep it organized, just put your name on it and pay you what you sell," Calla nodded firmly, "I really am glad you liked your painting. Anyway, we're almost there!" She pointed at the blue house at the very end of the row. She took another step and gasped as it jarred her leg, twisting it, and she gripped onto Steve so she wouldn't fall, "Stupid crack! I know it's there, should've watched where I was going!"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 7:50 pm

"I'm carrying you." Steve said and before she protest, he hoisted her up in his arms and started walking towards the house. "I'd give you a piggy-back ride, but since your house is almost there, it'd only be a waste of time." He explained. "Please be careful. I love my mom to death, but if you have to visit her because you got your stitches torn it's not you that's gonna get a lecture. It's me."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 8:15 pm

Calla's face was red, but she didn't argue. Before she knew it, they were at the front steps and before Steve could even put her down so she could look somewhat proper before she knocked, the door flew open. A five foot seven blond woman with green dyed streaks in it and blue-green eyes was standing there, looking like the cat who ate the canary, "M-Mom, I can explain..."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 8:25 pm

"Oh no you don't. You must be Steve!" The woman grinned brightly. "Come in. You can place her right on the couch. Sarah! Look at this man! He's so gorgeous I want to cry! Calla chose someone whose well worth the look."

Sarah?! Steve had just stepped through the threshold to see that his mother was sitting on the couch, a tea saucer and cup in hand. "Mom?!"

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 10:53 pm

"Steve! Oh, I had no /idea/!" Sarah set her teacup down and stood up, "So /that's/ who Mary was tell me was asking for me yesterday!" She watched as Steve sat Calla down on the couch, and she hugged him tightly, "I haven't seen you since Christmas! You don't use Facebook, so how am I supposed to know your girlfriend's name?!" She asked as she pulled away and shook her finger at him, "Hikari! Our children don't tell us anything!"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 11:52 pm

"Mom you know that's not-" Steve blushed furiously as he let his mom go. "Bucky has a facebook!"

"Isn't he the one that's dating River?" Hikari mused, looking at Calla for confirmation. "I could've sworn Vince told me something along those lines."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 5:43 pm

"That's true, and Bucky's been posting nothing but things about her. If he mentioned Calla at all it must've been lost in the shuffle, posted while I was working," Sarah hummed at him, "Sit, sit! Hikari just made a fresh pot of tea!" she chirped and sat back down herself, taking her cup from the table, "It's so nice to meet you, Calla!"

"It's...It's nice to meet you, too, Sarah," Calla blushed just as bad, "How...how do you know my mom?"

"Met your father just last week when he cut his hand open working on his boat. You two are just accident prone, aren't you?" Sarah tsked, "I looked up the address after Mary told me who was asking for me, the last name 'Thomas' sounding quite familiar. Here I am. Hikari was just telling me that Mark is doing fine, which is good. How's your leg, sweety?"

"I...just twisted my leg outside, which is why Steve was carrying me. I didn't feel anything tear, but it did hurt," Calla admitted.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 5:50 pm

"A gentleman in the making." Hikari cooed as she went into the kitchen to prepare them some cups. Sugar and milk were already on the table. "But even though I know Sarah's a complete angel, I think she'd be horribly upset if I didn't do the motherly thing and start interrogating you. I'm certain you can pass the test, but..." Hikiari continued as she came back, pressing one to Calla and the other to Steve who took the seat next to her. "I have to beat Vince in something."

"You...question people...

...for fun?"

"More like we people watch and try to determine what kind of lives they had from just watching. But since he got his nails in you first, it's my duty to try and steal you back." Hikari said solemnly. "Otherwise, I'll never hear the end of it. Of course that means I can question Bucky as well if River decides that meeting me is on her list."

"Why wouldn't it be on her list? Wouldn't Bucky meet her parents instead?" Steve questioned.

"If River has it in her heart." Hikari sighed. "How much do you know of mermaid culture?"

"Honestly? Not a lot like Bucky." Steve said slowly.

"Well, let's just say that as for right now till sometime in the future, I'm River's mom." Hikari nodded. "And I'm a better person. At least, I hope I am. Calla sometimes calls me down right awful. Especially if I ask if her lover knows how to have safe sex. You /do/ know how to use a condom right?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 7:35 pm

"MOM!" Calla ran her hand over her face and she could /see/ Steve's ears turning red, "Even if I didn't make him use one, I'm on the pill!" she grumbled into her cup.

Sarah giggled madly, "You knew this was going to happen."

"I expected questions, but not /that/ one," Calla sipped her tea after adding more sugar to it.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 7:47 pm

"Mom's a nurse. I know how to use one." Steve answered, trying to keep his stammering to a normal level rather than spluttering everywhere inchorently. "Even if she wasn't, Bucky would've showed me how to use one anyway."

"Fair point." Hikari mused. "So both Calla and your mom has told me that you're an artist."

"I work in pencil and paint on occasion. I also garden if you want to consider that as an art." Steve agreed.

"I'm presuming that this is the bond that brought you and Calla together...have you met Angelina and Dylan?" Hikari questioned.

"I have."

Hikari smiled brightly. "Calla was Angelina's second friend if you don't count Dylan."

"Really?" Steve blinked.

"Anyone who picked on Angelina back in those days had to deal with both Dylan and Calla." Hikari nodded. "I remember when Calla brought her home. It was amazing to see. Calla's always been a rebel and an outcast. I was really excited when she made friends that weren't sea creatures."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 8:11 pm

Calla was glad Steve managed to bounce back after being caught off guard like that. Her mother was good at that, tripping people up to see how long it would take for them to recover. Angelina was the one person she never had been able to. "I brought her home with me because she was really beat up and she didn't want her parents to see her like that, so we cleaned her up and she stayed the night."

"That's really sweet," Sarah took another sip, "I'm beginning to see the similarities between you and Hikari. What I want to know is how you two met in the first place."

"I broke into his house on the island."

Sarah blinked at her.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Hikari burst into laughter. "I should explain." She looked at Sarah. "I taught her how to do that because there's times where our back door locks from the outside. So if she walked out of the back door and forgot to unlock it before she walked out, she'd get locked outside. We got really tired of having her ring the door bell to get us up and unlock it for her, so I taught her how to pick locks. Comes in handy when you're trying to survive a hurricane."

"Why did you learn how to pick locks?" Steve asked.

"Would my answer of being a former criminal be a good one?" Hikari turned towards Steve.

"If you had a good story to go with that, but something with the truth." Steve answered.

"Cool." Hikari nodded. "Former criminal. Got caught breaking and entering to a lot of places. I didn't steal anything. I just wanted to see I could do it. I mostly broke into the swimming pool."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next