Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 5:40 pm

"Yes it is," Dylan agreed, "Good aliens have it rough. Given a bad name because of other douchbags and people don't want to listen and they're scared which makes them want to destroy what makes them scared. It's fucked up, but it's real and happens all the time."
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 5:48 pm

Angelina let the silence linger. She could hear him still buzzing around about the bad and the good. About how she was being treated and Bucky. He knew that good could turn into bad, bad could turn into good. He knew that being safe for one day didn't mean safe another. "I remember a garden." She murmured, leaning forward and putting her hand on her chin, her elbow digging into her knee. "I remember...I remember trying to help someone with a garden. I don't recall their face. Boy, girl, or nothing at all. But I remember that. It was a nice garden, not a lot of butterflies. There were a bunch of bees though...and it was humid. I remember all of that." She leaned back. "I don't tell Bucky what I remember sometimes cuz his memories are more important. Mine aren't. I miss Bucky a lot. He's like a big brother to me. Sometimes like a dad. Robbie would've liked him a lot. I think so would..." She trailed off. "When Dr. Rivera asked me if Bucky was my dad...I kinda wish he was. Isn't that sad? We're both fucked up. He's a machine and I'm an animal, but I think that's what makes us work. He can be a robot sometimes, and I'm rabid." She sighed. "I'm gonna protect him. I couldn't protect Robbie, but I can protect Bucky. So if that means I get tranquilized a lot, or if I have to act out in hopes they don't ever turn their gaze on him, that's alright. He did it for me in Hydra. I'll do it for him in S.H.I.E.L.D. He has Steve. Steve's his shield. I'll distract. The best I can."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 9:03 pm

Vision, I'm sure you've seen him on the TV with Stark...this is his garden. He loves digging his hands in the dirt and bringing things to life," Wicker smiled softly. She said her head was okay, so he reached up and tucked her hair from her face and behind her ears, "With Steve around, they haven't been doing anything with Bucky, haven't you noticed? You don't need to go to such drastic measures, Companion. I can bring you here if you can't stand the walls anymore. I mean, you already /punched a wall/ what more were you going to do?"

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 10:00 pm

"I don't know yet." Angelina leaned towards the touch with a soft sigh, "Are you sure you can bring me here again without getting killed?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 10:12 pm

"I'll let you know," Dylan nodded, just leisurely brushing his fingers through her hair, "We should go back before Fury sends the goon squad. I'm glad I was able to give you a little bit of peace, and some sunlight."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 4:48 pm

Dylan grinned as he saw Calla coming towards him, a large yellow pad that read 'Strathmore Watercolor paper' was sticking out of a big box she was carrying. He looked in the box and saw there were cross stitch supplies and watercolor paints and paint brushes and those plastic palate mixer things all thrown in, "You came awfully prepared."

"Well, I wanted to give Companion plenty of things to choose from," Calla nodded, "I heard through the grapevine that you took her to Vision's gardens?"

"Yeah, I got bitched at, but there's nothing they can really do. They just told me to tell someone next time before I do it," Dylan grinned, "She /loved/ it there. I gotta make sure she doesn't get too restless, wanting freedom, though...I hate that, but I can only do it to calm her down."

"I understand. Anyway, River was kind enough to lend some of her own cross stitch supplies, too, so I shouldn't be lacking anything," Calla nodded, taking Dylan's lanyard and placed it over her own head, then unlocked Angelina's cell, "Hey, little guppie, how are ya?" she asked and came over to the table, setting down the box.

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 4:55 pm

Angelina blinked a little from her bed. She was tracing patterns in the sky as she listened to the walls quiet down. Sometimes tehy were chattier than all hell, but today they were pretty quiet. She sat up and looked at the box with interest. She climbed off the bed and walked over to where the box was set and peered inside.

River said that cross-stitching might help focus. Calla's thoughts were buzzing around, but they weren't anything mean or rude. I wonder how she'll take to water color? It's a shame I couldn't bring my oils or my acrylics. She might've liked it better.

Angelina was about to ask Calla who on earth River was, but Dante quickly made her silent. Too dangerous to ask questions and Calla might've given her the chance to cling to Bucky like a silent monkey...it didn't mean she was Wicker.

Dylan didn't belong to S.H.I.E.L.D.

Did Calla?
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 5:00 pm

"I see Maria's sitting on your pillow," Calla smiled at Angelina and started to pull things out. She set all of the watercolor supplies on the designated paper, and kept most of the cross stitch stuff in the box while she set down the binder that was full of pictures to choose from, ranging from simple to complex, "She's gorgeous, you did a good job fixing her up."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 5:05 pm

Angelina looked over at the doll, who was watching the scene. Her hands on her knees and her purple Lolita dress bunched up around her just a bit. She looked at the binder that Calla had pulled out curiously. She didn't flip through the pages, she waited to see what Calla was going to have her do.

Who was "River" and why did she influence Calla so much? Angelina watched as Calla straightened up. Who was "Vince" and why would he be really upset with this arrangement? Of course, River would be too. Angelina frowned. Calla's thoughts were...were loud. Unusually so. Like someone who wasn't very fond of their tongue....and was trying to edit their brain's tongue while they were at it.

Angelina wasn't fond of the word..."insecure" when it came to emotions.

But boy did Calla's thoughts shout the word out with neon lettering to go with it.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 5:36 pm

"So, thankfully with watercolor you don't have to know how to draw. You can just use your imagination and make basic shapes," Calla explained, "I can do something really simple to show you real fast, have you whip something up, then I can show you how to make some stitches for cross stitching using my own little project," she grinned, setting the box down and got thing set up. She made sure she was paying attention, before she started describing what she was doing and how it would work as she did it. As time passed, Calla finished with the sunset scenery over the ocean with beach sand and rocks at the bottom.

"Don't worry about remembering everything I said, I'll guide you through it," Calla promised, setting her painting to the side and got a new one for Angelina to use.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 7:41 pm

Angelina hummed. She remembered Bucky telling her that if he got some of her watercolors, he'd put it up in his room. She took the brush and mindfully she started creating her own picture. She recalled what he liked, what he loved, so she made him a picture. In this picture, she drew a duck swimming in the pond, and a man with blonde hair feeding the duck. The man with blonde hair had two shadows. One going away from the pond, and the other intersecting it.

When she was done, she set the picture to the side, watching the colors dry. She felt her stomach twist and she felt sad. Bucky liked to do things like feed the ducks when they had down time. He watched her feed the ducks grapes and rice. He learned not to feed ducks bread because it'd hurt them. She remembered him telling her soft stories of his memories. He always took care not to tell her the extremely violent ones, she saw those in his nightmares. But always told her something sweet, that was filled with sunlight.

"Fetiță, did you know a fortune teller once told me I was like a butterfly? I thought she was making things up, but the longer I'm out of that place. The more I see the beauty and the people, and my memories I realize that butterflies have always been a sign of good luck for me. Had I not seen one that day at the train tracks, I don't think we would've met."

Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 12:05 am

"That's really pretty," Calla praised, tilting her head as she looked over the finished project, "You did a great job for your first one. I wonder who it is behind him," she mused, then fumbled around in the box, "Okay, so it's cross stitch next, as I promised," she said as she brought out her circle frame with her current project, thread and needle. "It really isn't all that hard, especially once you get into the rhythm of it," she said, and this was more of a visual, though she did explain each step as she did it, finishing up a row of solid orange. Once done, she tapped the folder binder, "The first, like, ten or so are really simple, so why don't you go ahead and pick one while I set you up a frame?"

The binder had dividers that said "Simple, Complex, Want to Kill Yourself, and Go off a Cliff." She grinned at the humor and flipped through the patterns. River went overboard. Every pattern that she picked, there was a little message that went with it. For an example, there was an owl cross stitch that was holding a mug of hot coco and all it said was "Coco for whoo? You!", a cat playing with a ball of yarn "I'm gonna get tangled in this!" They were all little, hyper messages that...made Angelina think. A stranger, who didn't even know her, took all the time in the world to write these little things.

"Aw, I didn't even know she did that!" Calla giggled, "She just handed it to me once she modified it to add more simple stuff and said have fun. That's great." She watched as she flipped through more pages, browsing the other, more serious pictures out of curiosity before hopping back to a different owl picture, a blue one just sitting on a branch with heart leaves. "Do you want that one?" she asked, finishing securing the fabric in the hoop frame.

They sat in silence as they worked on their projects once Calla taught her how to start the project. It wasn't stifling, nor was it sufforcating. It was a good silence. Like a day at the park that has no people silent. Angelina liked that Calla's thoughts were easily focused on the project. The walls weren't chatty. The eyes were being shifty though. She set her project down on her lap. "What did you tell River?"

Calla hummed softly in thought, before she set her project down and looked at her, "I can't tell her much, since it's classified, but I told her that a guppy was basically in the loony bin and didn't have anything to do except stare at the walls. They at least give people things to do in the /actual/ mental hospitals, which is why I think this is stupid you've been twiddling your thumbs for two, three weeks before Dylan and I became your wards."

Angelina blinked slowly. "Why guppy?"

"As I was explaining to Steve while you were getting your x-ray, River and I both really enjoy mermaids, but she is...super obsessed. She calls all children guppies, actually. I don't know how old you really are, but it was the only thing I could think of," Calla shrugged.

Angelina knew that there was a secret, but Calla was firmly not thinking of the secret. So the secret, surprisingly, remained a secret. She knew Dante could probably charm Calla into telling him, but..."You're not S.H.I.E.L.D either."

"Because I find loopholes in the rules?" Calla allowed a really sly smirk to crawl onto her lips, "Or do you have another reason for saying that, little guppy?”

Angelina merely smiled. "Because you don't belong." She set her project down. "Dylan doesn't belong because he's not corrupted. You don't belong because that's just it. You do not belong. You're like Bucky and me...and Steve. Steve doesn't belong either, but he's forced to stay." Her shoulders slumped.

"Do you know where I belong? I certainly don't, but I live day to day, and I actually look forward to coming to work to spend time with you," Calla admitted.

"I think you belong with us." Angelina hummed as she started working on the project again. "I also think that you belong to River and Vince." She looked at Calla curiously. "Day to day living is nice, but it's boring." She wasn't going to mince words. "You should find a butterfly."

"Butterflies tend to be a sign that something good will happen. I haven't spotted one in a while, it would be nice," Calla agreed, "I think River and Vince would adore you. River's hoping I'll let her know when you get out, she wants to meet you," she stood up with a stretch, "I'll be right back, I need to walk around for a bit. I'll just be next door in Bucky's cell, and give him his pictures," she smiled, "I'll be right back, Companion." She said as she gathered the dried images and headed for the door.

Once she stepped inside she had to pause, not expecting to find Bucky working out, doing simple push-ups before he realized she was there and rolled onto his back so he could sit up and stretch. Closing the door behind her, she smiled at him, "I brought you some gifts."

Bucky glanced over at her and regarded her for a minute. She hadn't interacted with him since the time with Teresa, but he remembered the conversation from then, spotting the pictures she held along with some tape, "Oh really? What do you have?" he asked finally.

Calla showed him the one with the figure whom was supposed to be Steve feeding ducks with two shadows, and he had her put that one opposite his bed so he would have something to stare at. He also wondered who the other shadow was, vaguely thinking it was him, but it could be anybody, honestly. He didn't always know what went on in Angelina's head. The simplistic ocean and beach scene with the sunset he had her put by the door. A sign of hope he might be able to get out of there, but he kept that to himself.

"They're very nice, thank you. Tell her I like the one she made," Buck said slowly.

"I will. She and I had a short conversation," Calla mentioned, watching Bucky's eyes widen, "I know she's been quiet for anybody else, but she's also talked to Dylan. She says we don't belong here."

That gave him pause. Out of...anybody here...Teresa, Dylan and Calla all tried to help them rather than treat them like they weren't even humans with feelings. Granted he acted like a machine more than he liked, but...he did still care, and even animals could be sad or angry or happy. That is what plenty of dog or cat owners would say, or any pet owner really. "I might have to agree," he told her.

Calla smiled at him, "She also said I should find a butterfly, since living day to day is boring."

Bucky's eyes softened quite a bit at that, "I saw a butterfly before I met her. She loves them. Do you like butterflies at all?"

"I do, but not in obsessive way. I know what they symbolize," Calla nodded.

He ran a hand through his hair, and he looked towards Angelina's picture. Seeing Steve there, he smiled a little bit, "I think you already found one, but that's just me," he pointed out as he looked back at her.

Calla blinked at him, then looked at the picture again and a blush crossed her cheeks. Buck arched a brow then smirked at her, which meant they were on the same page, "I won't tell him you said that."

"Probably a good idea, it would just go to his head," Buck laughed a bit, "You should go back to her now."

"Yeah, I did leave the cross stitching stuff in there," Calla agreed, waving at him, "I'm glad you like them, it'll make her happy to hear that," she added and walked out. Entering Angelina's cell, she beamed at her, "Bucky /loves/ his gift."

Angelina set the project down again. She had gotten pretty far. She watched Calla walk back to her seat and took the project in hand again. She turned towards the door, held back a whimper that she couldn't be there, and started sewing again. Steve needed to hurry and figure out what to do.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:22 am

()

Angelina was allowed to keep the watercolor stuff with her, since they were relatively easy to replace. Maria was sitting on her pillow again when red wisps wrapped around her, making her lift up and dance, doing a twirl on the pillow, "Companion! Play with me!" she called to the white-haired, green-eyed girl sitting at the desk.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 7:33 pm

Angelina stared in wonder at the doll that was dancing around in the red mist. She got up and walked over to the bed, staring down at the doll. "Maria?" She asked, in a hushed whisper. "You're possessed?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 9:56 pm

"I might be," Maria's voice sounded like that of a young woman with a low voice and thick Romanian accent, "Will you not talk to me if I am?" she drooped from her perky pose, the long, blond artificial hair falling around her body and over her face, hiding her purple eyes.

Angelina sat down on the bed and ran her fingers through her doll's hair, marveling at how soft the fur was that made the wig. "We'll be crazy together." She assured the doll. "I'm sorry you got stuck. I know souls do that. Especially in dolls. Did you know? That's why there's people who collect dolls. It's not dolls they're trying to keep. But spirits." She frowned deeply. "It must suck being stuck here. I know it's bad for me. Walls chat. Eyes won't stop looking. It's a hassle and a half." She nodded. "I don't tell Bucky that though. He's paranoid enough."

There was a pause while the red mist twirled around Angelina's hands, then ghosted through her hair, lifting it up and playing with it, before swirling around Maria again prettily, "You are right, he is. He hides it well, as he has had to experience it for over seventy years. He is...very sad, but he mostly puts on a calm, controlled face. You know he asked Steve to look out for you? You two worry about each other. It is sad, but inspiring."

Angelina frowned. "Why sad?" She liked how the mist played with her hair. There was a sweet, sweet scent that she could smell from the magic. It was...warm and comforting. Like an older sister's touch or family at the very least.

"It is sad because neither of you know just /how/ much the other cares. It is inspiring because not many would go to such lengths for others," Maria explained softly.

Angelina hummed. "No one cares bout the damned." She said after a moment. "Why should they? I'm crazier than a hamster in a ball. Bucky's tortured to the point where memories and false memories are very much the same thing. S.H.I.E.L.D can't trust us. Not since England. They don't know where my loyalties lie. They're very frightened at that. I know that's why they have me here. Why is Bucky sad? Is he getting stir-crazy in the box?"

"I do not question your loyalty," Maria chirped, "It is very obvious to me. You are loyal to Bucky. He tells you who is friend and who is foe. You trust him that much. Bucky knows that, too. He is sad because he cannot be with you to guide you, though...I strongly believe that he is becoming happier day by day, the more you talk to people, the more you make your own decisions. He is proud of you."

"I know you don't." Angelina assured, patting the doll's back. "You see everything that I can't." She placed her hand down and sighed. "I miss him." She explained. "I miss being with him. I'm happy I make him proud, but he can't be here to see it. He can't talk to you, Maria. He'd love you. He..." She bowed her head. "Maria. Do you like that name? It means beloved, or love. Theory has it that it means rebellious or bitterness. Or even wished for a child. But I like the beloved and loved names more. It's something I want you to have. As a doll, as a spirit. I hope I can give that to you. I hope I can /show/ that to you. One day. Not here. They may take you away and I'll never get you back. Pepper will be sad if that happens."

"She would, since I was her gift to you. Thank you, for fixing me. I do like the name," Maria did another spin, "I can play with you for a while! I feel a pull, though, so I might be...unstuck. I do not want to leave yet."

"I won't fault you." Angelina assured. "You deserve to be free." She patted the doll's head. "Don't worry, I'll follow you." She smiled brightly. "What game shall we play? I'll leave it up to you."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 12:35 am

Bucky was staring down at the latest picture Angelina had made him with misty eyes when he heard the door open. Wiping his eyes quickly he looked up and saw Steve, looking startled and concerned. Jumping up, he smiled at Steve brightly and practically ran over, showing him the picture of a heart shape around a sun and butterfly, black writing that was clearly hers flowing across the bottom and top with the words 'LOVE YOU, MISS YOU', "Look at what she made me, Steve!"

Steve looked at the picture and felt his heart swell and break. "Aw. She turned you into a sap, it's sweet." He cooed, knowing all to well he probably should rib him like a long time ago. His mouth always got better of him though and he blushed. "Not that there's anything wrong with being a sap. I see your room got more decorated too. All her pictures?" Steve asked, noting the ducks and blonde hair. "Is that supposed to be me?"

"Yes it is, and that was her first one! Calla or Dylan bring me each one she makes me, and tape them up for me where I decide they should go! I love the cherry tree one with the two shadows, and Calla and I talked about the one with you in it. Did you know Companion talked to her?" Bucky launched off into an explanation of this and that and the other thing.

Steve felt a lot of weight being lifted as he listened to Bucky chat about how Angelina decided, all on her own, that Dylan and Calla didn't belong to S.H.I.E.L.D and was now considered to be one of them. (Of course, Steve was apart of that group, Bucky hastened to assure him). He was also told about how Maria was a talking doll, though that got a look of skepticism ("I know you did something, Stevie."). By the time Bucky wound down, Steve was sitting on the bed, admiring the pictures. "It's good that she's doing better." He assured. "And it's good that you're not...you know...upset like you were. I really do like her pictures. She really likes shadows a lot doesn't she?"

"Yeah...I had a bad night before shower time the other day, but felt a lot better once she gave me a hug and then a few hours later Dylan knocked on my door with a new picture. I did notice the shadows are in all the pictures except the one with her message, of course. Always two. I keep thinking it's me, but with the people she's been talking to, it could be anybody," Bucky nodded to him. "Calla's slowly teaching her how to draw...or rather paint, new things every time. I like that she's constantly learning something, and Dylan told me she's almost finished with the Death Note manga, and is enjoying something called Fruits Basket now."

"And Dylan's nerdniess group grows by one." Steve said solemnly as he looked at the pictures. "I think in this picture, it's you. The shadows intersect. So it means you're close by but not within my sight." He smiled softly. "The silent watcher and protector. I like that." He moved to the silhouettes, on the floor. Hands barely touching between each other. "I think this is one of you and her." He mused. "She won't let anyone touch her like that. Well, besides Dylan but Dylan asks. Here it's quite clear that this person next to the other doesn't have to. They've been together for a while. She has an eye for symbolism. I think the shadows are how she sees you and her. Well...no just in those two pictures. The cherry tree, the shadows have a whole other meaning."

"Do they? You have an eye for that sort of thing, too," Bucky hummed, finally winding down enough to plop next to Steve on the bed, bumping his shoulder, even leaning into him a bit to see what he saw. It was on the fence whether the proximity was more than necessary or not.

"The cherry tree has an urban legend about a corpse being underneath it and that's what makes the petals pink. It also has a symbolism of fragile beauty or a life fading quickly." Steve explained. "The shadows are in front, and behind the cherry tree. Meaning one of two things. These two shadows are either connected by death. Or these two shadows share a cherry tree. Whatever that means." Steve said slowly. "I don't think it's you, because she wouldn't make you be behind her nor in front of her. She'd make you be beside her. Just like I would. It also can't be you, because...well...cherry tree. This picture is telling a story about her." He paused. "Companion." He thought to himself for a moment. "Hey Buck...I know you don't like answering questions but...is Companion..." He wondered how to word it. "is Companion named for a reason?"

"She saved me, if that's what you're asking..." Buck lowered his voice, "Gunna have to be more specific about what you want to know, Cap."

"How did she save you?" Steve looked at Bucky, also lowering his voice. "Why does she follow you?"

Bucky had explained how they met, so he knew this 'why does she follow you' is much different than the last. Pressing his lips into a thin line, he was quiet for a moment, and then took a deep breath through his nose, letting it out slowly from his mouth, turning away from the camera which put his face closer to Steve's, "England. That is how we came up with our code. Friend or Monster, instead of Foe or Enemy. She knows what /monsters/ are, but can't tell what /Friends/ are unless there is a very specific detail she is told to look out for. I'll tell you now, I'm not explaining the whole truth, but part of this code was determined because of my arm," he motioned to it with his good hand, "It is silver, which is quite shiney and bright. Hydra...isn't bright. So, she viciously destroyed those who were not bright."

Steve needed to get his hands on those files. He nodded slowly and murmured back. "And Companion is named for that or...is it like those companions that help people? You know, mentally and things like that." He was curious, since he knew that wasn't too dangerous to explain. The rest of it though, Steve knew that the code was very /very/ detailed. /Wait for them to ask you who you know./ At least now he knew what Angelina meant by that. He would have to be careful.

"She is named for that mostly. She specifically saved me when my arm was pinned down in rubble and I was in an odd position to shove it off. A big Hydra brute was about to bash my skull in when she stabbed him with a bowie knife in the back. Yet, she is named that because she helps me, at least. I told you about how she rambles for me. She is my Companion for that, too," Buck nodded to him, "That is another secret for another day. I'm certain...it'll make more sense to you one day, when I'm able to talk freely or you find out on your own."

Steve nodded and thought about it for a moment. He looked up at the cherry tree. At the shadows that were connected to it. "I thought about talking to Companion before I came in here." He admitted after a moment. "She never talks to me, but I understand why. I think she thinks and that I have a role to play. Which is both true and false. She's a smart girl, Buck. You're a good brother to her. Or father if you want to call yourself that. I don't think she cares all that much. She loves you regardless." He stood up. "You're doing good. I know you can't be there to see all that progress that she's making, but...I know it's because of you she's doing it."

Buck reached out, catching his wrist and making Steve look at him startled. Standing, he got in Steve's personal space. He knew it existed, but he noticed when it came to him, it didn't. He trailed his hand up Steve's arm, gripping his bicep, before he leaned his head close to Steve's ear, chests bumping, to whisper, "No one touches me and I don't touch them, except for you. I missed you the last few days. I hope you're coming up with good plans." He pulled away and let him go, looking like an ashamed cat that just got yelled at for doing something bad. He ducked back, and if he did have ears like a cat they would be flat. Touch. He wanted it, but couldn't have it here.

"I'm getting you out." Steve said firmly. "And when you feel safe, I'm going to hug and cuddle both you /and/ Companion because fuck that whole no-touch rule. I'm going to do everything in my power to get you out safe. If worse comes to worse, I might have to look like a very bad person. All I can hope for, Bucky, is that you and the Companion don't see me that way. I'll swing by tomorrow. I think I might request Companion to draw me a picture. I could use something other than my drawings for a change."

Bucky did quickly point at the sunset painting by the door, as Steve turned around to walk out anyway, "That's Calla's." It was a simple statement, but it was the only thing on that wall, and he...felt himself hoping that Steve would see why he put it there.

Steve blinked at the sunset and he felt a wave of emotions just...tumble down on him. He took a breath in, and let it out slowly. Calla did some amazing work with the colors. With how the sun hit the water. It was...breathtaking and he knew. He just knew. He bowed his head, knowing too well that saying something now would be dangerous in Bucky's eyes. He nodded, knowing that he needed some kind of response and walked out.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 1:09 am

Steve's 'tomorrow' would never come. Three hours later, Angelina began her horrifying screaming again only this time it was accompanied by loud crashes. A few agents came in, trying to sedate her or at least attempt to calm her down, but the moment they entered her domain, all bets were off. Angelina attacked them. Their screams echoed through the hallway as their bones broke and the tranquilizer gun was shot at them.

The only issue is that Angelina couldn't kill them. She was allowed free reign, her anger was enough that it was the front and center, but it wasn't enough to keep /him/ away from her mind. By the time ten agents were found on the ground, he switched with her, noticing that she was tiring out, and he could take the stage. The only other problem with this was that the insecure agent and the bookworm were coming towards the hallway.

He looked over at Bucky's cell and sighed. He walked over to one of the unconscious agents and grabbed their card key. "What level do you have to be to access the Winter Soldier's cell?" He asked, as they approached. They looked shocked. He rolled his eyes. "Figures you wouldn't tell me the answer. Trying all the cards it is...as well as hoping these morons stay down."

"We have special access because we're your overseers," Wicker frowned deeply. He and Calla had been in the middle of their shift change when this all happened. He stared at all the ones on the ground, "You obviously plan on fighting your way out."

Quickly scanning the hoard, Calla she shook her head, "You don't have the time to try all the cards. Think smarter. None of these people have access to either cell except the one who got here first. Who would that be? I don't know, especially with how it's a dog pile here, but you do." She didn't look at Dylan when he turned his head sharply to her, and she moved her jacket out of the way, an all black fanny pack clasped around her waist, easily unnoticeable with how her suit laid over her body, and pulled out something from the main center pocket. A little round purple ball. She tossed it between her hands absently.

He rubbed his lips together as he looked at the agents that were all on the floor. Quickly he stepped over the piles of bodies, looking at the peoples faces before he crouched down before one. He picked it up and twirled it in his fingers before standing up. He stepped over the bodies just as quickly again and walked over to the door. He slid the card key and grinned when it turned green. He shoved it open and looked at Bucky. "You're going to leave." He said, cutting off any argument. "You have to abandon us for now. Just for now. I can take care of her. You need to find Avengers Tower. That's where Rogers is going to be."

"Goddamn it, Dante!" Bucky snapped at the white haired person as he came to the door, brow wrinkled deeply and lips pressed firmly together, "You lasted a /month/. Why couldn't you wait just a little longer? Steve was trying to figure out how to get us out of here the /right/ way!" he was mad, but he looked over at Calla and Wicker. Pointing at the boy, he then pointed at Companion, "You! Stay here with him until she comes back. That'd probably take a while. Long story short, she has multiple personalities. His code name is Dante instead of Companion."

"Bucky, we have immunity at the Tower. I know a way out," Calla turned and threw the purple ball. Once it hit the wall, the force made it pop out like a spike-ball and electricity arched between the spines. Suddenly the lights flickered and Calla whipped around. she hugged Dante quickly, "Be safe, Guppie," she murmured before she pulled away and grabbing Bucky's hand, dragging him with a jerk, "Hurry! We only have five minutes to get out of here!"

Wicker stared as Bucky and Calla disappeared and looked back at the spike-ball with a raised brow. Then he held his hand out to Dante, "To the gardens?"

"Dylan, right?" Dante questioned as Wicker came up to him. "She talks about you a lot." He paused, tilting his head as if he was listening to something. "I'll come with you. She trusts you, so I guess I'll do the same. To a degree." He amended. "Companion could not stand the cameras anymore, so had a fit. She wasn't going to show mercy. I understand why Bucky would get confused. Usually, its the other way around. Sorry, chattering. To the gardens."

He grinned brightly when the dainty hand slipped into his palm and he gripped it, running with him to his destination. "Here...you can hide, and when they come looking I'll just tell them they can have fun trudging through the bush. They won't want to do that since you'll bite. I may get in trouble for letting Bucky go, but...hey, at least you're safe, right?"

Dante stopped himself from hiding and looked at Dylan curiously. He knew that Dylan had a soft spot for Angelina. It was all over his mind. His worry, his heart on his sleeve. He also knew that Dylan wasn't upset about Dante being the next personality. Curiosity, the minor thought of how many there could be. "You're the third person in my life that I owe a debt to." He said after a moment. "You'd risk your job to protect us. I know it's not out of pity. You're not the type." He watched Dylan for a moment before smiling. "I see why she trusts you. Just to give you a heads up, Angelina's a full-blown Gryffindor. But I'm proud to say that I'm a Hufflepuff." With that, he dove into the bushes, chuckling.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 1:54 am

"That device...I've never seen anything like it," Bucky said as they made it onto the streets. Within those five minutes, the black vans were everywhere and two slightly inconspicuous helicopters were whom-whoming int he air above them. Calla ducked them into an alleyway and shoved him underneath the fire escape as one of the choppers flew over, lazer-sights just barely missing their bodies, catching on the metal instead.

"Well...here's another," Calla mumbled as she squished her body further into his, her hand shuffling around in her fanny pack. She pulled out a green and blue ball this time. The green one she flicked like she would a dog's nose and it popped open, showing many different tools. Then, she put to prongs on either side of the device that kept his arm limp. It fizzled and then she was able to pop it off.

It...felt so /strange/, like when any limb goes to sleep, then when you move after a long period of time, the prickly feeling shoots through it and it hurts to move it. Bucky didn't have that feeling very often, so he hissed as the wires and such came back online. It was so /stiff/. It really needed a tune-up but he had no tools.

Calla flicked the ball again and it retracted while he took the sling off and tossed it. Once again they started moving, ducking here and there, but they both stood out. They needed something a lot less conspicuous and this was when the blue device was used, crouched in the tiny spaces behind giant trash cans while the agents looked anywhere but. A hologram was displayed, and Calla observed it before let it fade and put it away with the other one. He had no idea what was going on, but...then they ended up following a back alley into a repair shop. they quickly disposed of the suit and scrubs and Bucky /barely/ fit in the blue jumpsuit. He was lucky it had long sleeves to cover his metal arm, and he just stuck it in the pocket to hide the rest.

Calla on the other hand ended up slipping into a female's very country-esque pink and white plaid shirt that was tied at the midsection over a plain white t-shirt, pale blue torn denim booty-shorts to top it off. The only thing that didn't fit were the sandals, but she just put on her black boots he didn't know she had been wearing, assuming they had been dress shoes the whole time. All of the female clothing had been discarded on the floor, and they heard very obvious thumping above them. Quickly they left, Bucky throwing the black baseball cap on a hook over her head while he pulled his hair into a ponytail using a rubber band. Since her ombre hair would give her way, she twisted it and put it under the cap, putting it on more securely, and double-checking her pack.

Once they hit the streets, Bucky plucked a red cap off of an unsuspecting stranger and from there they blended seamlessly into the crowd, his arm slung around her shoulder, laughing occasionally at random just to make it look like they were dating. He would apologize to Steve late, but he even kissed her when they got dangerously close to being caught, their caps hiding their faces easily. It'd been at least half an hour before they managed to duck into the subway. On the train, they breathed sighs of relief and made their way to the Tower. He wasn't able to ask her about those colored spheres in crowded places where ears could easily overhear, but he would bring it up later once they were safe.

SHIELD knew the Tower would be their destination, of course. They would have immunity as long as they could get /inside/, but all of the points were more or less blocked off. Buck stared at the vans with loathing and a creeping sense of dread and hopelessness. "We can't get in, Calla."

"Don't panic yet, good god. Let's just wait for an opportunity. It's evening, after all," Calla soothed, and they circled around the block a time or two.

When that moment knocked, Natasha was driving up and the Agent cars were blocking the garage. Ever cool and charming, Nat got out and terrified one Agent with her wolf grin like she was going to eat him while still looking sexy as usual, and the van moved about thirty seconds later.

There. They dashed, ducking low and creeping behind and between vans and finally they were able to slip between the cement flower beds and were /just/ walking through the doors when they heard a shout. They didn't stop. Buck refrained from glancing behind him until after the white stands scanned them and allowed them /both/ entrance. He certainly wasn't expecting that.

Now he turned around, just in time to see Vision floating down with his arms crossed as an Agent tried to come through the glass doors after them. He returned his attention to Calla as pale green eyes sparkled while she waved at the guy who look positively /miffed/.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 2:10 am

Steve quickly came down to the floor where Bucky and Angelina was at. He wasn't wearing his Captain America uniform, but his shield was on his back. Just /seeing/ him made tails go underneath legs. "You know." He said, looking at Bucky. "I knew that I should've stayed an extra hour or so. I'm sorry. This isn't how I wanted to save you both. I didn't think that things would get this bad. Not that I'm saying you shouldn't have gotten out, but..." Steve felt bad. "I think we're going to have to move things a lot faster now."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 2:15 am

"Oh...Steve...I'm the only one who..." Buck looked at Calla and fidgeted.

"Four people on the run would have been harder to mask," Calla turned around, taking off the black cap, her hair untwisting and falling down around her shoulders. She shook it out a bit more, then gave her head a good scratch, "I hate hats! Ugh!"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 2:20 am

"Calla?" Steve blinked. "Jeez. You had me fooled. I thought it might've been Angelina...wait..." He turned to Bucky quickly. "Where did she go? Did you lose her? Did S.H.I.E.L.D grab her back? Shit." He ran his fingers through his hair. "We can't go out the front door it's too dangerous and-"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 2:27 am

"She's with Dylan."

Buck and Calla looked at each other with duel arched brows, before Calla's attention returned to Steve, "Dylan is watching her back back at the base. I'm certain he took her to the gardens and let her find her own hidey-hole, daring anybody with a death wish to go find her."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 2:37 am

"Dylan's a good start." Steve frowned deeply. He sighed before he walked over and hugged Bucky tightly. "I promised you I'd hug you and cuddle you when you got out. I'm sorry." He murmured. "But believe me, I'll get Angelina out. I swear."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 2:41 am

"Steve..." Buck felt his whole body relax into Steve's embrace, and he returned it the best he could. "I believe you. I'm not upset at you. Um...by the way, on the way here..." he lowered his voice, "I'm sorry, I had to kiss Calla so we wouldn't be spotted. I couldn't think of anything else. I don't know why I'm apologizing, it was part of the undercover mission, but I feel like I should."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 2:42 am

Steve burst into laughter and he hugged Bucky tighter. He felt his eyes mist over and he squeezed his friend. "Don't be sorry." He swore softly, his voice caught in his throat. "God, if it got you here, then that's fine. That's...whatever brings you home, Buck. You don't have to apologize. So long as it wasn't forced."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next