Share | 

How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:54 am

"She wasn't expecting it, no, but she blushed pretty cutely, so I don't think she minded, either," Buck admitted, smiling at Steve's laughter and patted his back, then pulled away, "Cuddling can be later...I need a shower and better clothes. Calla, too."

"Might I inquire just how you were able to shut down security for five minutes at the SHIELD facility?" Vision asked as he floated over, the doors securely locked behind him.

"That's right, she used this...purple ball that ended up looking like a porcupine when it hit the wall, and electricity came from it. I...think it was like an EMP?" Buck furrowed his brows, "I wasn't able to ask before. Then she used a green one to get the thing off my arm," he waggled his metal fingers at Steve, "It had /lots/ of tools...speaking of, I need some to repair my arm after my shower."

"You forgot about the blue one," Calla drawled, and unclipped her fanny pack, holding it by a strap as she held it out to Vision, "Go ahead...take it..." she sighed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:59 am

Steve watched as Vision took the fanny pack and inside were more of those...balls. They were interesting. Small, so they were compact. "This isn't S.H.I.E.L.D technology." He mused. "Where did you get these things from?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:10 am

"The blue one is a hologram, I think of the immediate area, wherever we're in, like a GPS," Buck pointed out.

"I got them from a friend of a friend. Let's just say I had some ulterior motives to joining S.H.I.E.L.D.," Calla looked at Steve, looking tired and even a bit sad, "Are you going to interrogate me on their origin, sir?"

Calla using the word 'sir' and asking that question in such a detached way put a bad taste in Bucky's mouth, and while he was certain Steve wouldn't, he didn't know Vision, and he stepped between the lot of them, shielding Calla with himself, "I don't think it matters at this moment in time, does it, Steve? It can wait. It's not like she's leaving the Tower anytime soon. She's not even a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. anymore with the stunt she just pulled to protect /me/, someone she barely knows."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:12 am

Steve looked a little hurt as well. "Mostly I was worried about whether or not it could be tracked back here." He looked at the things again and then looked back at Calla. "But I trust you. I know you wouldn't bring back something harmful into this tower, let alone to hurt Bucky or Angelina." He looked at Buck. "You don't have to hide her, Buck. Let's figure out a way to get the Companion back. I think this might call for a Black Widow moment."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:16 am

"Good thing she's right behind you, Steve," Vision nodded to the redhead as he held the pack tucked under his arm, "May I show Mr. Barnes to your floor? Or would you prefer to do that yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:18 am

"By all means, let us have a tour." Natasha smiled brilliantly and Steve couldn't help but to smile back. "Come with me, Solider, Steve." She hooked her arm with Steve and paused as she looked over at Calla. "I think you should hear this too." She mused. "Considering that Angelina trusts you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:31 am

Calla blinked at her before she slowly smiled and perked at the invitation, "Alright. Thank you." They all headed for the elevators, but Vision took a different one, and she leaned against the railing opposite Steve and Buck with Natasha on their way to hear whatever it was she had to say.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:20 pm

The moment that they got into Steve's apartment, Natasha walked over to the kitchenette area and started making tea. Steve sat down heavily. Bucky and Calla following suit. "So we have options." Natasha said as she placed the kettle on the stove, waiting for it to boil. "We don't have many options since Companion decided to go off the deep, but we have options." She folded her arms. "We can do a few things. We could close a cold case, Angelina undoubtedly is a missing person and would probably like to return home. Though whether or not "home" wants her there or not is another story. We could use you Steve, to distract Fury with your commentary on how Bucky's an Avenger and that he's now "technically" apart of S.H.I.E.L.D as well as a deal being cut. Bucky's only an Avenger if Companion is. Something along those lines. You're good at making things up on the fly, so I'll let you worry over that. Or, we let Angelina do her thing."

"What is Angelina's thing?" Steve said slowly.

"We let her go through S.H.I.E.L.D proving Fury correct that she should be locked away and never see light of day again." Natasha held her hand up. "I didn't say that we were going to let her do that Steve." She said gently. "I'm laying out all the possible cards so that you understand what you're doing."

"Why was Angelina locked away to begin with?" Steve looked at Natasha. "What happened in England?"

Natasha leaned back and looked at Bucky. "You told him the basics, didn't you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:01 pm

Taking off his hat, Bucky undid the mechanic jumpsuit down to his waist, took it off, and tied the arms around his hips before placing his forearms on the table, lacing his fingers together as he leaned forward a bit, "It was a /massacre/, Steve. It's another reason Hydra captured us rather than killing us, because they're sick bastards that looked at it and said 'these could be our weapons'. The walls, before the building was blown to bits, were painted in blood. A lot of it? Was just her...using the bowie knife I gave her to rip and tear into people. She's fast, and small, so was able to avoid them when they shot at her. She attacks from behind, from the shadows, like a predator would take down their prey. Intestines and other innards strewn on the floor, throats gushing, plenty of them looked like pincushions if they particularly pissed her off somehow. If...there was a time, Steve, where I was so grateful to be a machine at times where things like that don't bother me? That was that time."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:45 pm

Steve stared at Bucky in horror. To be able to see that type of carnage and to be around her still. He understood now, why Bucky was considered to be the Companion's handler. Hydra captured them because they wanted to have not only their weapon back, but their weapon's weapon. To have her in Hydra's pocket...

"The thing is, Steve, is that she attacks indiscriminately." Natasha said softly. "We don't know how or why Bucky's never been hurt...but...we know that Angelina has no place in Hydra."

"She has no place in S.H.I.E.L.D either, you wanted to know where she laid." Steve's hands gripped tightly. The code. Friend and Monster. Bucky was more than a friend, because Companion was safe with Bucky.

"An enemy of Hydras could very well be friend or foe." Natasha agreed. "We couldn't take a chance if it was foe. Especially if the only person in the world who has any ability in keeping her sane is the Winter Solider."

"That's why you kept them apart."

"Reward and punishment." Natasha agreed. "S.H.I.E.L.D wanted to know exactly how to keep Angelina from going crazy like she is now. They thought the best route was to do what Hydra was doing. They thought that if we follow the formula, we'd get answers. What tossed the wrench in the plan, was how she communicated with the outsiders. She called told Dylan and Calla that they were heathens. She told Wanda, through Maria, that her loyalty was strong only with Bucky."

"I forced information out." Steve's eyes widened. "She was trying to stay silent to protect everything..."

"Angelina knew." Natasha sighed. "She knew that little by little the walls were going to know everything anyway. So she made it on her terms. She told Maria the basics. She told her where her loyalty was, and that she was going to get free. What S.H.I.E.L.D failed to understand, is that Bucky was going to go first. They believed it'd be the opposite. That Bucky would break her out, and Angelina would get to leave."

Steve ran his hands down his face. "So do we have an advantage or not?"

"Honestly? We have a very strong advantage." Natasha said briskly. "The Winter Solider is now an Avenger. Therefore Interpol can't say anything against it. The government has to suck it up. Because in a way, this is his punishment too. To wipe the red off his ledger. Of course, we're going to play up the victim card, the Captain's sidekick and remind people that he is a veteran and a war hero of WW2. So we have that on Bucky's side. Angelina? Cold case. I still need to find out her last name, and see what I can come up with. I think Slate might have some ideas. He's been following a cold case himself for a long time. I'm certain that finding closure to one...would give him hope to finding closure for his own."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:57 pm

"Jones...Robert Jones was the name of the man who saved her from the Cage and /gave/ her the name Angelina," Buck explained, "It would be best to look for that, instead of whomever she might have been before. We were on our way to New York because she wanted to meet his wife and try New York Pizza."

"Pizza Party, we should do that once this is all a success and everyone's home safe and sound," Calla smiled brightly, "She'll love it."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Steve grinned. "So will Clint. He loves those kinds of things."

"I'll be sure to let him know that we'll be having a party without him if he can't get away from Laura and the kids." Natasha beamed as she discreetly sent a text to Dylan about the name. She'd gotten the phone number from Wanda, which she knew would come in handy. Then she sent a text as well to Clint about the party. She slipped her phone back into her pocket. "She hasn't had pizza before right? We should get several kinds. Not that we won't already /do/ that, but..I know how Steve hogs food."

"Shut up." Steve gently kicked Natasha underneath the table just as the kettle whistled.

Natasha could only grin, very much like a wolf as she walked away to check on the water.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:31 pm

~*~

He had no idea how much time had passed, but when Dylan got a text from Natasha he jumped, having been dozing against the tree trunk from the first time he brought Angelina here. Sleepily he blinked at his phone and his eyes lit up. He knew exactly what to do.

Flipping through his contacts, he found Vince and called him up. When he answered, he didn't greet him back, "So, I don't know as much as Calla does, but I know you gave her that purple ball thing that looks like a sea urchin. You know how she and I keep saying you could've been a detective or something? We could use that right now. I don't care how but get a suit that looks like S.H.I.E.L.D's and I need you to do a little research for me. I can't leave where I am with River's and Calla's guppie."

"I was just about to ask why you can't do it, but when you put it /that/ way I guess you leave me no choice, huh?" Vince hummed on the other end, "Tell me all about it, Nerds."

~*~

(VINCE DRIVING THERE THINKING)

Taking a breath, he parked his car in the driveway and hopped out, ringing the doorbell once he reached it. He didn't have to wait long. A dog barked and he saw a grey Great Dane through the window next to the door, it's huge paws on the ledge, being careful not to disturb the chubby Siamese cat there as well.

"Duke out of the way!" A woman, possibly no older than in her early thirties opened the door. The Great Dane wagged it's tail, but stayed close to the door, barking again before she shut it. Her brown hair was tied up in a ponytail and she wore slippers, jeans, and a tank-top. A sheen of sweat could be seen on her skin, so she was either interrupted from exercising, or she had been outside working on something or another. The woman looked back up and blinked at the young gentleman who was standing before her. "Yes?"

He expected her to be wearing a white skirt and cardigan. Vince smiled at her warmly, "Are you Lydia Jones? I am here on behalf of your late husband and his last assignment. May we go inside so I can speak to you privately?"

Lydia's face paled. She looked hesitant, only for a moment before she steeled herself. She nodded her head and she allowed Vince to step inside first. She knew better than to have him at her back. Robert's death had been suspicious and cruel. "Tea? Coffee?" She asked as she lead him to the kitchen. Her home was...huge and lonely. It was two stories and the living room was spacious, with a small nook for a piano and some sheet music. The kitchen had tons of windows, really giving it a natural light. There was an long island counter, and marble counters. There was also a dining room that was a comfortable space away from the kitchen, not too huge, but just right for a family of about five. Maybe six. "How do you know Robbie and what division are you from?" She asked, keeping an eye on Vince and where he was in the room.

Vince sat himself on a bar stool at the island, lacing his fingers together and keeping them in plain sight for her, sensing her distress, "Tea is fine by me. Anyway...Robert...you know he was protecting a young girl, at the time eighteen? Angelina?"

"I remember." Lydia sighed as she placed a kettle underneath the faucet. Once it was filled up, she placed it on the stove and clicked it on. She walked around the island counter and towards the pantry, looking for her box of earl grey. "The case was confidential, but what little I know of it..." She walked to the island counter. "I know that Robbie was planning on bringing up a very tortured, and very scared girl. I know that she was an adult at the time, but she was going to have to have a guardian. Someone with a strong spirit and stronger sense of self." She smiled sadly. "He sent me a picture of her once. Just once. She was...the moment I saw her, I knew. I knew that we were going to bring her home and treat her right. I knew it was going to be the hardest thing I'd ever do...and I knew that people were going to wonder if I was insane myself. But that girl...she deserved a chance. She deserved a family. Robbie was in love with her almost instantly. It was going to be near impossible taking that away from him."

Vince smiled, "Well...I need your help, Mrs. Jones. Angelina is at our headquarters and she is being treated unfairly. Our director...while not a bad person, has his own agenda and that's hurting more than it's helping because he wants revenge, and she has answers. She is considered a missing person by the F.B.I. and needs to be claimed by someone who will care for her. She considers herself a Jones very strongly, even four years later."

Lydia's mouth dropped open and she placed a hand over her mouth. Tears welled up. She was thankful that the kettle decided to go off, because she couldn't bear to have him see how this affected her. She took the kettle off of the stove and rummaged in the cupboards for some cups. She placed one down in front of Slate, took a tea bag, and carefully poured the water over the bag. She did the same for hers and she let it seep as she gathered her thoughts. "Tell me a little about her." She pleaded after a moment. "Do you know...anything at all about her that you could give me?"

"I...have not interacted with her at all, actually. I am here on behalf of a...coworker," Vince admitted, "My comrades have looked out for her. A fellow Agent...Dylan Wicker, is a good kid who has been very vigilant in her protection and well-being. There was an incident just last night and he handled things very well, but this can't go on any longer. She's been kept in, for lack of a better term, a psych ward with four white walls and barely enough room to move let alone breathe, for three weeks to a month. Now she's in Vision's gardens and found a hiding spot. Her real name isn't known by many, they just call her Companion because of Sergeant Barnes who found her and has been caring for her as well. They are very close...so close, that she risked her freedom so he could leave instead. It's a relationship that I know I would do for a specific someone, but not many. She's dangerous, but not unreasonable. I have heard several call her an animal in the way she behaves, but I also know she can be very civil. Split personalities, for sure."

"Robbie would do that, too." Lydia took a shuddering breath. "Oh my god." She nearly burst into tears, but she held herself together, tightening her lips to keep in her sobs as she tried to breathe normally. "Oh Robbie. Our girl..." she wiped her tears away using the back of her hand. "Do me a favor, will you, Agent ___? We finish our tea, and you can take me straight to your director. Then...I'd like to meet the person whose been protecting Angelina. Both Agent Wicker...and if at all possible...Sergeant Barnes as well."

"Sure thing, though I won't be able to accompany you. I can always have Dylan meet you instead outside of the HQ," Vince nodded, pulling out his phone to text Dylan what just happened, then focused on just having a nice conversation with this woman as the cat came and brushed against his leg.

Angelina would love this place for sure.

()

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Fury had known that good things were going to disappear. The Companion's outburst and her desperate attempt to save Bucky had been the final straw. Everything fragile that he had worked for, crumbled quickly. The Companion was guarded heavily by two of his agents, and he wasn't in the least surprised. Slate would be attached to the Companion, for losing a sister once wasn't going to be on his agenda again. His hero-complex could rival Captain Rogers.

Wicker had been a surprise. He didn't expect someone so green to be corrupted so easily against S.H.I.E.L.D and into the Avengers. Then again, that could work out in his favor. The Avengers certainly wouldn't go with Wicker. Wicker's betrayal wasn't too bad. He wasn't Hydra in any sense of the means. He was certain of that. Otherwise the Companion nor the Solider would stick with him for very long.

The Solider would have grabbed the Companion and left as soon as they were able to.

But that didn't mean that any of this made him happy. He knew Slate would find a way to bring the Companion out into the light. He had to admit, Natasha and Rogers thought of everything they could. He wondered if they even had a clue of what they were letting out.

He wondered if this woman had an inkling of what she was getting herself into. Lydia Jones, former detective for the NYPD. She had dressed herself in her most professional clothing. Black slacks, a button up blouse, and she carried herself in way that made his most seasoned agents look at her twice.

Slate was ambling behind her, undoubtedly ready to present whatever back up he could. He had no idea this woman didn't need it.

"Mrs. Jones." Fury said slowly.

"Director Fury, I can imagine." Her voice was clipped and steady. He was somewhat reminded of Director Carter back in her days. "I hear that you have someone of mine."

"Not in your jurisdiction."

"I don't mean force wise. Family wise. The Companion I believe you called her?" Lydia raised an eyebrow. "She's known as Angelina Jones. Robert Jones assignment before he passed away. Though, I think the police would know her as "Mary"."

So the F.B.I had been investigating something before the Companion took her turn. Mary. Fury didn't hear that name before and he didn't like surprises. "You know this...?"

"Robert's journals were taken from the safe house four years ago. He was shot and killed in a safe-house all because he sent a picture. Angelina went missing and everyone knew that there was something very, very wrong with this picture. I knew her as Mary, the girl with a missing name, and Angelina, the girl who was going to become our daughter. At the very least get her into our family as one." Lydia folded her arms. "Angelina needs to come home. I don't know what you're trying to find. I don't know if you know what you're trying to find. But it appears to me that attacking a POW and his charge doesn't scream trustworthiness."

"Mrs. Jones the situation is difficult to explain and extremely confidential."

"If the Companion can break out a POW out of this type of facility how long do you think it'll take for her to do the same for herself? You let her out into my care, you know where I live. Therefore you have the ability to monitor in public. She's not going to show you anything in here, trapped and without anyone to trust. Two agents isn't trust, it's war." Lydia snapped. "As well as your POW from what I understand, is now in the Avengers care."

"They're a type of division of ours." Fury said slowly.

"Just so." Lydia replied, her eyes narrowed. "Why not do the same for Angelina? You have two choices here. My care, or the Avengers. Either way, I'm assured she's well taken care of. She's out of here and she'll begin to recover what little progress she made mentally."

"I know better than to bug your house. You'd find them and Angelina would too. She already found our security cameras and she knew that the room was bugged." Fury smiled a little. "She's good at knowing when the walls are watching and listening."

"Then it appears your choice is made." Lydia replied. "I think that you should pick both. I was told by Agent Tucker that the Companion has made friends with them. Angelina doesn't have many of those and as long as they want to continue that type of relationship with her, I'm not objecting to her seeing them."

"You drive a hard bargain."

"Well it was either solve this with a peace treaty or ask Captain Rogers if he needs another ally on the battle field." Lydia smiled. "So I believe we're set. I'll gather Angelina and whatever belongings she wants to bring with her from this...hell-hole." She turned to Slate. "Agent Tucker, do me the honor of showing me this wonderful indoor garden you were telling me about." She smiled at Slate as she opened the door. "I'm quite eager to see what type of plant life you cultivate."

"Of /course/, Mrs. Jones," Slate grinned widely, giving Fury a friendly wave in spite of the glare he received, and while they meandered down to the basement level, he pulled out his phone and dialed Natasha's number, "Hey, Darlin'," he cooed, his Southern Drawl coming out because he was so damn pleased right now, "How 'bout a good ol' drink in de bar at de Tower tonight? A.J's comin' home, 'er mama's followin' me ta go get 'er right nah."

"I'd love that. Consider it a date, Gunslinger. A.J now? Is she going to be coming by the tower, do you think? I think Bucky would at least would like to say goodbye." Natasha hummed over the phone, clearing no where near the boys this time.

A date! Slate had a new hop in his step, grin splitting his face, "/Actually/, Mrs Lydia Jones told me she would love ta meet Sergeant Barnes," he explained, "So de four of us - Wicker included - will head straight to de Tower an' we can figure out all of de nooks an' crannies." He looked over at Lydia, "That's the plan, right?" he asked just to double check.

"That's the plan." Lydia replied with a smile as they walked to the elevator. Slate pushing the button to go down to the basement level. Her eyes flicked to the level, her face paled, but she kept her mask cool and collected. But the longer the elevator went down, the more anxious she was starting to appear.

"I'll text Steve and have him prepare Bucky." Natasha smiled through the phone. "Stay focused."

"I will, see ya soon, Darlin'," Slate hung up and put his phone back in his pocket. They finished their trip to the gardens and he opened the door, "She's closest to the back," he explained, and saw Wicker reading a manga against a tree, "Hey, buckaroo. Guess what?"

"Chicken butt?" Wicker looked up, a bit unimpressed, then his eyes narrowed at the woman beside Slate, "Who's she? Do you really think Angie can handle new faces right now?"

"Angie, now dat's cute," Slate watched him in amusement, "This is Mrs. Lydia Jones. Mrs. Jones, Agent Dylan Wicker. Dylan, this is Angelina's mother. Well, soon ta be mother, but ya know. Close enough."

"I heard from Slate...I mean Agent Tucker that you're the one that took care of Angelina while she was in here." Lydia took a breath in and out, slow. "I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for looking out for her."

Angelina heard the voice. She recognized it because she listened to Robbie's phone calls sometimes. She peeked from her hiding spot, looking at the woman that wanted so badly to be her mom...and loved Robbie to pieces.

She looked at Slate, curiously. Why did Slate say that? Why did he decide to say that? It didn't make sense to her. Slate was her brother right? Was he giving her to the Jones because he couldn't take care of her, or was this a way to get her out?

She was really confused, but knew better than to ask right now.

"How about we get Angie out of here, and then we can talk more freely about what's going on? Because if you're here with her, that means we get to leave," Dylan grabbed his gun he had by his side and stood up, stretching, and put away his book, "I already grabbed all of her things from the cell. No one dares come near her. You're welcome, Mrs. Jones. She needed a friend, and I was more than happy to be there for her. She has a doll, Maria. She's been keeping her company."

"A doll? I didn' know that," Slate smiled, and he saw white peeking out, "Hey, Jaybird," he said slowly, "We can go. It's okay," he looked at Lydia and gave her a nod with a smile. Who best to bring Angelina out other than her adopted mom?

"Angelina..." Lydia was about to kneel down when Angelina clambered out of her hiding hole. Lydia's face changed from calm and stoic to completely shocked. Her hair was stark white, and her poor...she pursed her lips together. "I am so sorry, Angelina. For not finding you sooner."

"Didn't want to be found." Angelina shook her head from side to side. "...I couldn't protect Robbie."

It broke Lydia's heart. "Can I...Can I hug you, Angel?" Lydia held her arms out. "Please?"

She watched Lydia for a moment before she walked over to Lydia and hugged her, tight and pressing her nose against her mom's shoulder. Lydia stroked Angelina's hair and took a shuddering breath. "Oh baby girl." She cooed softly. "Robbie wouldn't want you to protect him. It's alright." She closed her eyes and tried to steady her breathing as she pulled away, tucking a strand of hair away from Angelina's face.

"Bucky has things in his cell. Paintings and things." Angelina glanced at Slate. "They're away in the bags too right? Not just my stuff?" She turned to Lydia. "I have to go back to Bucky. He needs me."

"We're going to the tower," Slate assured gently, his chest tight at seeing Lydia and Angelina like this. It was the right thing to do. "Everyone's waiting to see you."

"I did grab everything from Buck's cell, even the suncatcher, which was a little difficult since it was so high, but I managed," Wicker added, beaming and walking over, grabbing the box and heaving it up with a grunt, "Let's blow this joint."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:44 pm

"Welcome," a young woman with brown-black hair came walking towards them, wearing all black except for her jacket, and she smiled at the four of them. In her arms she had a bundle, but besides that she was alone, "I am Wanda. It is a pleasure to meet all of you." She looked at Angelina first, and held out the bundle, "This is for you. I hope you will like it, and it fits. It will be better than the hospital gown you are in, I am sure."

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:53 pm

"You have Maria's voice." Angelina knew that there was something familiar about Wanda's voice. She took the bundle and put it underneath her arm. "Maria's my doll." She explained as she held the doll out towards the woman. "She kept me company and gave me courage." She let Wanda take it. "I can wear these?" She asked, looking at the bundle of clothes that were underneath her arm now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:07 pm

Wanda looked in the box Dylan had and smiled, flourishing her fingers and surrounding Maria in her red magic, making her fly out of the box and twirl in front of Angelina's eyes, "Yes, you can wear the clothes, Angelina. There's a bathroom right around the corner for guests. Would you like to change now?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:13 pm

Angelina took the doll from the air and nodded. She could guess where it was and was about to run past Wanda when she skidded to a sudden halt. "I'm glad you're not stuck." She told Wanda seriously before darting off to get dressed and /out/ of these ugly things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:34 pm

Once they were all ready, they headed up to Steve's floor. Wicker watched as Wanda stepped back and allowed them to go through, Angelina running inside at full-speed towards Bucky who had gotten out of his chair at the sight of her and got down on one knee, arms wide open. "It's good they are reunited now."

"I'll leave you all here, and I'll take that box for you," Wanda said, reaching out and holding it carefully, "I'll be taking this to the floor Mr. Stark decided she and Bucky could stay on for their own privacy. Just ask F.R.I.D.A.Y. for anything you need to know," she smiled, nudging him out after Lydia, and the elevator doors slid shut.

"Fetiță...You're safe..." Bucky murmured. While they'd waited, he and Calla both got to shower and Wanda had brought her down a change of clothes earlier as well. Clean and refreshed, he held Angelina tight, "Slate did a good job. I see your adopted mother is here, too. Soon to be adopted, at least."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:58 pm

Lydia smiled warmly, her eyes misting over at the sight. Angelina hugged Bucky just as tight, if not a little tighter like she was afraid that he was going to leave. She was afraid. Was this a goodbye? She didn't want that. She didn't want to say see you tomorrow either. She wanted him to be with her. To always be with her. They were separated long enough. "I missed you." Angelina said quietly into his ear. "Missed you so much. You're safe. You're okay." She pulled away, only slightly so she could adjust her hold on him. "Don't wanna leave."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:48 pm

"You don't have to leave," Buck cared his fingers through her hair, picking a leaf out of it and arched a brow at it before flicking it away, "You're safe here. We can hug and touch, and I can touch Steve, too." He stood up, taking her with him, and they went to sit on the couch, him letting her curl between his legs and laying on his chest while he sat sideways on it, arms wrapped around her securely.

A soft smile crossed Dylan's face, and he spotted Steve in the corner just melting and looking like he was about to shed some happy yet heartbroken tears. Walking over to him, he also saw Calla in a simple pair of jeans and a t-shirt, "Hey, glad to see you made it here as well. I really wasn't expecting you to run out with Bucky and help him. How'd you even make it all the way here?"

"We found a mechanic shop and the guy had either a hooker or his girlfriend there. They were upstairs getting it on while Bucky and I changed into their clothes and high-tailed it out of there," Calla explained.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:55 pm

Lydia had to smile at that. "Those are the fun days. When you barge into someone handling a call girl. Robbie would tell me stories upon stories about how people reacted to police walking through the front door." She watched Bucky and Angelina together. Her heart swelled and broke. Robbie had told her about this girl. This lovely, precious girl whose seen through too much. Been through hell. And yet she was happily curled and safe with someone who was probably in the same boat.

Steve smiled. "War stories and police stories all have a lot of terror, but when it's something hysterical..."

"It's always on the morbid side. Or on the prank-side." Lydia smiled gently. "You have to sharpen your wit and humor if you want to be on the front lines." She looked at Steve. "And stop hiding behind a persona when you're safe."

Steve blinked, a little taken aback by the observation. Lydia smiled and turned to her daughter, and the protector. "I thought of something. Of how we can get to know each other. I won't ask you to leave him." Lydia said to Angelina. "But...I would like the both of you to visit. A home-cooked meal, and a place where you can have a family. My house's been empty for years. But I'm willing to give you both what you lost." She turned to Steve. "Goes for you, too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:25 pm

"I would like that," Buck murmured, "Steve...your birthday is literally in a day or two. That other party on top of a barbecue grill out? I can certainly eat both. That is, if you have a grill, Mrs. Jones." He purposefully kept his mind clear so Angelina wouldn't know what he was talking about by 'other party'.

"Ah, grilled salmon sounds freaking amazing," Calla groaned.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:52 pm

"I have a grill. Someone's going to need to man it." Lydia smiled warmly. "I'll take it out of the garage and make sure it works before the good cookout. Salmon's requested. I'm surprised that you like that. It's been a while since I had someone who enjoyed fish. Robbie always went fishing on his days off. Whatever he caught, if it wasn't sick and it was healthy, I cooked it."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:10 pm

"Chicken, salmon, steak...might as well just make kabobs, too," Dylan ticked off in his fingers, "Bakes potatoes to load them up with cubed ham and cheese and butter, mmm...Angie, there's going to be so much food you won't know what to do with yourself. I'll buy what I want at least."

"You and I should just make a shopping trip together," Calla pointed out with a laugh.

"Not sure if it would be pushing it, but you could always make a list and give it to Stark and he'd have it all delivered to Lydia's home," Bucky offered, "I'll probably eat anything and everything. What about you, Steve?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH   

Back to top Go down

How to Mend a Broken Soul - REHASH
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next