CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:06 pm

After they opened the doors to the public, the only people coming in and out were those who were in too much of a rush for work to stop and stare at anything out of the ordinary. Opening his journal, a fresh unfilled one that was dark navy blue, and he just...watched the people. He didn't want to think about the past right now, the memories of before. Usually he relished in any new discovery, but he was...feeling like he wondered why Steve stuck with him. He was such an asshole, especially when it came to dating. So many double dates and he'd end up with two women on his arm instead of one and having a threesome more than one occasion. Steve didn't /just/ not know how to dance...but back then he'd be forced to sit down most of the time while his date ditched him for Bucky.

Steve could dance, but as the follower, not the leader, Bucky realized. He jotted that down as a detail he could handle in a random corner. Dancing was embarrassing for him, because he'd only dance with Buck in the privacy of their apartment which would lead to sex of it's own. It was a private thing, traumatic and anxiety-educing otherwise, and he wrote that below the previous note.

Below /that/ he wrote a question 'Would club-dancing be different?'

He and Steve never did Lindy Hop dancing, really. Too fast-paced and would make Steve's asthma kick in. Now, he didn't have to. Also, clubs were a lot different now. More crude.../normal/ people from their time would cringe at what today's youngsters did. However, it was more body shake and sway, pressed close together in a crowd on a dance floor with a DJ in the back and those people tended to be lost in their own worlds, anyway. Not like back then, when you were given a wide berth for proper dance moves like ballroom or waltz so you wouldn't knock into somebody else.

Well at least these past memories weren't so terrible, and while Buck had only wrote down three things he was starting to feel a little better. Wasn't he watching the people, though? He must've been staring at the door for several minutes, when he jumped a bit at Zan clinking his mug down even as she tried very hard to be quiet about it, and stayed out of reach just in case he lashed out. She was a smart kid, he noted, before looking at the cup. It was bigger than the macchiato one, whipped cream to high heaven with chocolate chips making a smiley face. Blinking at it, he looked up at her and took it, sipping and getting whipped cream on the stubble under his nose. "French vanilla...and it's warm but not scorching. This is really good."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:15 pm

"You looked like you could've used a pick me up." Zan said with a soft smile. She seen those kinds of far-away looks before. Everyone reacted differently and everyone didn't take to being startled the same way. "You look dead and defeated." She watched him for a moment and shifted her tray so that she could reach into her apron. She carefully unfolded a three page paper and gently set it by him so he could drag it over on his accord. "That's my paper you wanted to read."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Buck wiped the whipped-cream off his upper lip and took the paper, smoothing out the lines, "I did need a pick me up. I only got two hours of sleep, been up since two. Steve's alarm went off at six and he came down to my room to tell me we weren't going running today because of the rain. He knew I'd had a nightmare with just one look and that heartbroken expression he gets...it's /worse/ than pity because he /knows/ and feels my pain because he gets nightmares, too, and...I needed to get out. You said you opened, and I figured the shop would be available after seven."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:32 pm

"Nightmares suck." Zan sighed in sympathy. "Steve used to come in here too when he had them." She admitted softly. "Always tensed up, ready for a fight. Kept looking at the door. I used to think that he was still half-asleep and forgot his shield." She looked back at Bucky. "My section's a safe place. You're safe here." She reminded him gently. "And honestly, unlike Steve, I don't have to worry about you too much." She pointed at the journals. "Looks like you got a good coping mechanism right there that doesn't involve lying in bed for a week."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:44 pm

"I wonder why he doesn't anymore..." Buck murmured before he nodded at Zan, "Yeah, I've been doing it ever since Angel and I got away two years ago. I didn't ever want to forget things again. I must have at least a dozen. I may wear red, but I do like the blue color for the journals as long as it's not too bright." He paused and then shifted, "Hey, um...if ever come in here in the morning after a nightmare and start speaking code like Affirm and Deny and Query...don't...don't be too freaked out by it, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Zan's eyes softened and she carefully telegraphed her moves so that he knew that she was going to sit down and place her hands up on the table so he knew that she wouldn't harm him. "Believe me when I tell you that the only thing that's gonna worry me is whether or not you're okay." She said to him, watching him after a long time. "All you have to do, is be. And maybe give me a hint on what to do or say if you get like that. Unless just being as I am works."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:24 pm

"Don't...don't touch me, or let any of your other coworkers near me. Even Angel doesn't touch me," Buck frowned deeply, "I'll answer yes or no questions fairly easily. Just...get me my drink or food and let me be, as you said. We'll figure things out as we go. Better give me your schedules to start until I know your routine that way I don't show up and you're not here."

Buck looked over at the menu, "Speaking of food, a ham sandwich sounds good to go with this."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Zan laughed as she stood up and tapped the table gently. "You got it, Bucky-boy. You read that paper while I'm fixing that." She took her tray and walked off, tending to another costumer as she walked by to get their drink order and some witty-banter in before heading off to put them in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:41 am

Buck watched her go, before he glanced down at the paper and straightened it out. He was hoping to gather some information about himself that he hadn't already scrounged up. He found that, and also quickly discovered the others weren't wrong about Zan's way with words.

James “Buchanan” Barnes was an inspiration to plenty of people who are both on the military and those who aren’t apart of it. His loyalty to his best friend Steve Rogers makes even those with decades of friendships jealous. His faith, his selfless nature, and even the way he looks out for his team members is apart of that inspiration. His loyalty may have been strong with Steve, but it shone through with the Howling Commandos.

According to “James Buchanan The Biography of Captain America’s right hand”, James Barnes and the Howling Commandos were captured and put through quite literally hell for a good long time. In the biography it’s stated that if Barns saw someone who was too weak to handle the torture, too sick, or even near death, he would try his best to aim the punches at himself. A parallel to how he would protect Steve on the playground when the bullies would get too rough.

That...he didn't know there was a biography about him. At all. Yet the information given had to be from somebody who'd been through it all. One of the Howlies, of course, but he didn't remember any of them writing more than the others. It had to have been between different Hydra bases. It probably didn't have a lot of copies. That he would direct the torture towards himself...he didn't remember that, either. It sounded like him. Probably didn't think twice about it, it was second nature. He /really/ wanted to know who wrote all of this. Maybe Zan would mention the author...

The story continued from the capture and from the train. It was a hard read, coming from many sources. But then Steve’s name came up and the story slowed.

“Bucky was the guy that would watch your six, keep your secrets, and would do everything in his power to make you feel safe. I haven’t felt safe since I dove into the arctic. I lost my closure, my assurance. But when I woke up, I knew that I was Bucky’s living legacy.

It’s hard when you realize that. Sure, Captain America would overshadow Bucky Barnes any day now. But this little kid from Brooklyn who was too dumb to walk away from a fight? Bucky cast a shadow over him and I think I’m the only one who knows how long and how wide that shadow is. Captain America in the end is just a Government toy. Bucky Barnes was a solider who did more than his fair share.

You ask the question: What did the did each Howling Commando bring to the table in terms of inspiration. We all have our stories and background. But what made Bucky inspire me, was simple. He never gave up. He never once gave up on me.

So, I won’t give up on him.”

Bucky choked and took a long swallow of his vanilla mocha, using a straw on the table he hadn't noticed before and he used it to stir the whipped-cream into it. He was a fast read, it was still pretty warm, and when he took another sip he hummed happily in /spite/ of his overflowing emotions. Sweet...he liked sweet things. Black coffee had been drank out of necessity, not that he enjoyed it. There was so many different kinds of coffee out there these days, too. He would have to make a trip to the store and buy little bags of the dispensable beans so he could do some taste-testing.

In his notebook he wrote down some things from the paper he had read so far that he found interesting or otherwise useful. Then on an entirely different page he Titled it which he didn't often do and wrote down the name of the cafe he was in. What followed were the things he liked so far, dislikes in a separate column which he just wrote black coffee at the moment.

Buck then took a deep breath and returned his attention to the paper and the last page of it. Steve always had that way of making him cry, anyway, the bastard.

In conclusion, Bucky Barnes is an inspiration just like all other Howling Commandos for his loyalty, strength and charisma. He’s Captain America’s right hand man for a reason. Too many see Bucky Barnes as a childhood friend when he’s so much more. He’s the man you want beside you in a war, in a fight, and even when life just gets shitty.

He’s someone that would inspire others to make people feel safe. To watch their backs. To make sure that they’re comfortable with whatever they got and determined to go through whatever pains that may be caused in order to lessen the burden that another person carries.

In Zanna’s own handwriting, just at the very end of the paragraph and clearly written for Bucky only she wrote:

You are what makes this cafe a safe place. You inspire me to make this world a safe place. I can’t be an Avenger. But I sure as hell can save people the burdens that they carry.

All I can hope for, is that my brother will one day have someone who did the things you did for Steve.

Bucky clicked at his pen a few times before he hunched over the table, writing below the note with his own:

"You're an Avenger of the People like Steve once was. Only, instead of a trash-can lid you have a tray. Even if you come to the Tower, don't become an Avenger of the World, like we are. Stay right where you are, not because it's too dangerous, but because there aren't enough people like you."

With just enough of a space he wrote his name in his signature, the movement muscle memory and he flipped all the papers together and set it aside. He'd talk to her about Dylan when she came back, it would've ruined his note as it was.

"You finished that paper awfully fast." Zan said as she came back, putting down a plate in front of him. The smell of ham and cheese and egg was just perfect on the senses and not overwhelming. "It wasn't the /greatest/ paper I ever written, but I got to talk to Steve without the..." She waved a hand over her face a few times before sighing. "Wish the guy would stop beating himself up."

"I'm a fast reader, and that looks awesome," Buck smiled at Zanna and brought the plate closer, "Steve hates interviews, but that was really good, so he definitely likes you," Buck nodded, "When was that? Was that after I came back? I mean, it's been a month at least...or was that before he found me? I guess I could just look at the publish date, duh, but you can still answer." He'd been engrossed in the sudden conversation such an obvious point went right over his head, and he was just as smart as Steve, if in a different way entirely. "You should look on the last page," he said, handing it to her.

"It was around when Steve found you." Zan agreed. "It was the first time he came in looking like he was hopeful about something. When I mentioned I needed to write a paper about someone in history, and that I was going to write it on you, he jumped at it. I guess he wanted someone, a lot of someones, to believe that the Winter Solider and Bucky Barnes were just...treated very, very horribly."

Fuck, Steve. Buck rubbed his forehead and sighed deeply, "Steve is pretty hopeless. Let me tell you a secret of my own. Sometimes...I wonder if he /wants/ to be happy. Until after I was cleared, his eyes didn't really light up and dance. Even before. Back then. So, you know how he said I wouldn't give up on him? A lot of the times it felt like he wanted to give up on himself, let his sickness take him, that he picked fights hoping he would die, hoping I wouldn't actually show up to save him that time. I just kept hoping that I'd be someone he could live /for/. Then I accidentally overheard him and Angelina talking and the gist is that Steve gave up /everything/ he'd gained and dove that plane because he wanted to see me again." He gave her a sad smile, "So my plan ended up working a little too well. Now, I don't know what I can do to make him look at anybody else, to live and love for anyone besides me. Because, what if something happens to me again?"

"Then he's going to live for Angelina." Zan replied instantly. When Bucky gave her a look, she shrugged. "Steve said that he was your living legacy. He was wrong, he wasn't supposed to pick up that mantle. Your mantle was passed on to a girl with white hair, expressive blue eyes, and the fucking most adorable freckles I ever seen. He knows that now. You die, then he has to live for Angelina even if he hates it. Because he will never break a promise. Your with him till Angelina dies. Your with him until Angelina's child dies. That's if you die first."

"Yes, that is true," Buck nodded after a moment, "Steve is her Godfather now. That was mentioned at the trial. I know the media sites are still going ballistic about it. It relieves me that I know she'll be well taken care of. Steve is going to be the doting Uncle who she can go to if Daddy says know, I swear," he rolled is eyes good-naturedly, flinching as thunder rolled across the sky, rattling the windows, but it wasn't a heavy crack. "I'm going to finish my food and drink and I should probably go back to the Tower before it gets worse. I might even call a ride. If it doesn't let up before you get off let me know, and I'll get you a ride. Maybe Calla, and you can see why I was teasing Steve so much about her yesterday." He bribed, hoping Zan would agree if it wasn't some random nobody.

Zan frowned at Bucky for a long moment and she just had this feeling. "I'm not gonna win. You're gonna do it. You're gonna call up my work and find out when I get off and you're gonna watch the weather /all/ day just so you can do that to me." She quietly hit her head on her tray. "Fiiinnnneee. If the weather sucks, I'll...bite my tongue and ask for a ride. But I'll only do it because of Calla. But it's only once. You can't pull that on me again. Okay Bucky-boy?"

"/Fine/, we have a deal. Now for Pete's sake look at your paper while I write down my phone number for you," Buck stuck his tongue out just a bit before he took out a must smaller metal-cased note pad from is pocket Pepper had so graciously given him after he'd seen her use hers, and jotted down his name and his number, then Calla's name and number on top of it since he didn't want Zan ignoring a call from an unknown sender.

Zan flipped to the back of her paper and read the note. At first she just read it and didn't comprehend until she saw his signature. Then her eyes went back to the note and re-read it, really taking it in. Calmly she put it into her apron and she looked at Bucky. "Just so you feel bad later, once you're gone I'm gonna re-read this note and take a five minute break in a bathroom sobbing my eyes out because I told you you were an inspiration and you just gave me proof wrapped in a bow."

Bucky handed her the little note and just beamed at her, "It's no problem, Suzie."

He was promptly whacked on with the tray on the very top of his head and he laughed heartily as she stormed away, her co-workers staring at him horrified.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:48 pm

It was still only nine in the morning and Barnes hadn't come back yet when FRIDAY was keenly aware of a newcomer walking through the doors of the Tower and waltzed right through the alarm stands. He looked unassuming, with his thick - was it 'hipster' or 'nerd'? - framed glasses which she could tell were just for a fashion statement. The shine on them was more plastic than real glass. His clothing was a strange mashup between hipster (she could discern the term for this style, at least), and presentable classy for meeting what young people these days called 'the big wigs'.

Well, at least Tony wouldn't be too put off by it. He was casual enough. The receptionist listened to the man introduce himself as Keighley, Vince. Even spelled it out on a piece of paper for the woman to put it into the computer properly. Then he asked if Mr. Stark was available to talk.

"Mr. Stark is in his laboratory at the moment. He doesn't usually like people in there. I can ask him to meet you on the conference floor?" FRIDAY made the receptionist jump, yet Vince just looked curious, not even flinching.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:51 pm

"Sure." Vince nodded. "Do I need to press a button for the floor or is that something you're gonna do when I get in the box?" He walked past the receptionist and headed towards the "box" as he so called it. He kept looking around, not really to find the voice, but to take in more of his surroundings.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:07 pm

The great thing about being an AI is she could contact Tony /and/ continue speaking to Vince at the same time, "My name is F.R.I.D.A.Y. and I will take you to your appropriate floor, Mr. Keighley. Mr. Stark isn't pleased to be interrupted, then again he is always busy with something. He will be there when we arrive."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:15 pm

Vince nodded and continued chatting with F.R.I.D.A.Y about different things. When the elevator dinged and Vince walked out, Tony was standing in the middle of the conference room looking peeved.

"I was working on something highly important when you decided to barge in." He said swiftly, "If this is about being an intern, Pepper's-"

"Thor told me to come to you." Vince replied, making Tony pause. "Look. You're probably not going to believe me on this-"

"I'm not believing you now."

"-But I'm an alien hunter."

"And that's your cue to leave."

Vince held his hands up quickly. "Let me explain. Thor told me that you had mind readers. You can summon them if you want and have them take a peek. Everything I'm saying is the honest to god truth. I was sent by Thor, I'm an alien hunter, and I found my best friend missing for two years locked away and I need you and your team's help."

Tony looked disgruntled. "Why isn't Thor here to back up your story?"

"Because Asgard is a little more important?" Vince tried. At Tony's disbelieving look, Vince shrugged. "What's the point when you have literal lie-detectors."

Tony paused, thinking about this. "Alright. Alright. F.R.I.D.A.Y. I want Sparky, Vision, and Wonder Woman here. I also want Capiscile here too. You know what? Summon the Avengers. I want to hear what they have to say to this nonsense and what our plan of action is going to be."

Vince's lips jerked upwards. "Oh man. I get to go into a Earth Prison. River's gonna be wicked mad."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:35 pm

It didn't take very long at all, since all of the available Avengers only had to take an elevator. Steve was late, waiting on the Hotel Rooms floor with Angelina so the two of them plus a very confused Bucky could all come up together.

Wanda and Vision were sitting nonchalantly at the table, Tony was pacing, and Vince was standing off to the side, patiently waiting for everybody to get there.

Bucky and Steve were barely at the table when Angelina blurted out, "You're a freak like me!"

All they could really do was stare at her, Vince simply smiling.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:42 pm

His mind was foreign, made of languages she never heard of nor understood. But she understood the images that floated through his mind. Memories of a girl with bright purple hair and blue eyes like the icy glaciers. Angelina wasn't good at telepathically communicating with words, but she was getting the handle of images a lot better. Wanda and Vision both admitted that images was usually the first step before words were. As images were easier to see and thoughts harder to transfer.

She walked over to Vince, rather than sit down with everyone and stared at him. "Why are you here?"

"Thor asked me to come and see if I could get your guy's help." Vince replied, instantly. "I'm an alien hunter and I'm looking for my friend. Well I found my friend, but out of my league."

Angelina nodded like everything he was saying was making sense.

It made Tony skeptical. "Are we sure we want insanity to talk to crazy?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:59 pm

"I think we are all crazy or insane somehow," Wanda pointed out. "His mind shows a very clear picture of Thor and him having a conversation in what I imagine is Asgard."

"The language they are speaking in that conversation is foreign, nothing from here on Earth," Vision agreed, "I also see the image of his friend. What appears to be a mermaid?" he tilted his head at Vince, not wanting to make assumptions.

"Mermaids? Are you serious?" Buck blinked slowly, sweatshirt still wet from when he darted between the coffee shop and the car. It was /down-pouring/ out there still. At least the walls didn't reverberate the sound as much, and it took louder thunder for it to be heard. Not that they couldn't still see the blasted /lighting/ show.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:10 pm

"I suppose that's what you call them here. Yeah. She's a mermaid." Vince nodded. "She's from a whole other realm though. They're creatures of peace. They don't fight much and when they do it's usually minor skirmishes. Last time there was a war with the mermaids, let's just say the guys who started it really, really wanted to take it back." He watched them. He knew that Bucky and Steve were on board. He knew Wanda and Vision had a vote. Clint and Natasha were harder to read, but he knew he piqued their interest. Tony was going to be the hard one to convince.

He had feeling he was always the hard one to convince unless it was something relatively easy.

"So why are we needed?" Steve asked after a moment.

"Because she's in your territory." Vince replied patiently. "People with a red Hydra symbol took her from Earth and hid her away two years ago. I just /recently/ managed to catch a /glimpse/ of where she might be at."

"Stupid snakes." Angelina said vehemently.

"Why was she on earth to begin with?" Natasha questioned.

"Thor travels from realm to realm and he's good friends with the mermaid clans, as they're the ones who know how to use water for more than just drinking." Vince replied. "They know how to heal, they know how to kill, being their ally is more beneficial than being their enemy. River likes his stories about Midgard."

"She wanted to be here?" Angelina blinked. "With humans?"

Vince nodded. "I don't know how Hydra figured out that she was mermaid. Probably caught her doing something to out her. Maybe...maybe she just got herself tangled with the wrong side. I don't know. All I know is that Thor told me to come to you, because you know your planet better than I do one and two I'm less likely to be tossed into Earth Prison."

"Or more likely." Angelina supplied helpfully.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:10 pm

"Just...where did you find her, exactly?" Buck asked next, "I get the feeling this isn't going to be a really big, all-out all hands on deck sort of mission, but maybe some select people instead. What else can you tell us? How many Hydra are there, that sort of thing?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:32 pm

"I found her in California." Vince winced a little. "It took a bit to get back all the way over /here/. I'd like it if at least a few people came a long. I didn't think it'd take /all/ of the Avengers. I mean if that's how you work then by all means do it? But I think that's the least amount of help."

"Agreed. Traveling all the way to California is going to be a pain regardless." Natasha sighed, leaning back and folding her arms. "Bucky and Steve want to go."

Angelina whipped around not really thinking about using her powers to find out truth or lie. "Really?! You'll come with?!"

"Sparky you're not really an Avenger." Tony said carefully.

"Wouldn't want to be." Angelina said bluntly. "Couldn't be with Dyl-dal if I was. Can't do a lot of things. But I /can/ help. I'm a Companion."

"I thought you were more than that." Vince said gently, making Angelina blink and look at him. "I thought you were a freak like me."

Angelina merely grinned. "That too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:38 pm

"That can be discussed more in depth maybe on the trip there," Bucky's brows were furrowed. Why was she thinking she was a freak? Is it in a good way? He knew calling oneself a freak was a form of fun jabbing that wasn't meant to be bad. Something went off in his mind as he thought about California.

"Calla." He said.

Steve looked at him oddly and he wondered why he had to remind this guy about things when he had a perfect memory, "Calla is from California. She will know the area a lot more than we do. She has only been away from there...seven months now? Still fresh. We should ask," Buck clarified.

"I think it should just be Steve, Bucky, Calla, Angelina and Dylan. That's still a lot of people, but your cover can be a family vacation," Vision pointed out with a soft smile.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:55 pm

"Calla's going to kick my ass when I tell her that I'm faking proposing for her to be my wife on this trip." Steve sighed. "Dylan and Angelina basically can get away with murder."

"And I'm?" Vince raised an eyebrow up.

"Your my brother." Angelina replied.

"Sweet. I like that." Vince lit up.

"I have a place that you guys can stay at so you don't get bombed or anything or spend money on a cheap hotel." Tony stood up. "Meeting ajourned. Good luck telling Calla she's married now, Cap."

Steve just sighed loudly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:09 pm

~*~

The rain hadn't stopped.

Calla made a face up at the sky while she parked outside of the cafe...Zanna worked at. Dylan's twin sister, huh? Texting her had been normal, simple 'hey on my way' and 'can't wait to meet you' sort of thing. Looking at the shop she kinda wanted to go in and order something simple for on the go. Bucky had said that once she dropped Zanna off at home she should come straight to the Tower for a briefing. Something was going down and her shop was on hiatus because of it. Ugh, why hadn't she hired anybody to take over while she was gone so she could have a normal schedule or for emergencies like this?

Probably because seven months in and she hadn't made a whole lot of friends, her job with the Avengers sparse to the point she'd only become friends with Bucky, Angelina, Dylan and Steve. Better than zero, but...none of them she could ask to help her out.

Soon enough a blond haired girl was letting her hair down from it's ponytail as she stepped out of the cafe, darting quickly to the ford mustang and popping the passenger door open, "Hello," she said simply, "Calla Thomas, but just Calla. Zanna, right?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:55 pm

Zan's eyes wandered at the car to Calla and nodded her head. "Yeah." She said after a moment. "Sorry if your car is gonna smell like coffee and misery for the next however long it takes to get from here to my apartment. Normally I just walk but, uh...rain." She shrugged. "I hope he's paying you. Do you want something to grab before we go? It's cold, it's raining, and I owe you a coffee for driving all the way out here on a bastard's whim."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:59 pm

Calla cracked up heartily and put her car out of park, heading off, "I don't want to make you get back out in that waterfall. I don't know if I'm getting paid, considering I'm not on the clock for the Tower even though I will be once I walk through the doors. Just give me an address to your place, I'll get you there in due time. Coffee...you can pay me back some other time, hmm? I'll just use the breakroom's coffee, anyhow. Whatever you do, don't pay me anything yourself. That's Bucky's job. I don't know you well enough to do this on my good will."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:05 am

"If he doesn't pay you then he can screw himself cuz he made me cry." Zan sniffed and she rattled off the address. For a while, they just sat in silence as Calla drove through the New York slow traffic. She shifted. "You work with the Avengers then?" She asked, her voice too casual. "Are you a day time or a night time agent?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   

Back to top Go down

Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next