CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:10 am

"Nighttime mostly, but I work days maybe once or twice in a week. That's how I helped Bucky make the decision to do the trial. I lucked out and ran across him doing my security checks. F.R.I.D.A.Y. allows me and Dylan even on Tony's levels to keep things secure. I have /yet/ to really meet the man," Calla shrugged, "Wanda's nice, and so is Vision. Vision has a wonderful garden in the Tower. He enjoys getting his hands dirty since he was an AI for so long. Very philosophical, but he doesn't make it sound too complex to understand."

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:14 am

Dylan must have climbed the ranks quickly in the academy if he's welcomed at the Tower. Why they'd need a military brat was beyond her, but then again there was nothing /but/ military personal in the Avengers. Sam "Falcon" Wilson, Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes, Coronal Roads. She sighed, leaning her head against the window. "Do you know if Steve still does the apathy thing then? When he has a nightmare?" She shifted. "Normally um...sometimes after a nightmare he'd get a little wound up before the apathy hits and would come by when I opened. Way paranoid and strung out. I was wondering if maybe he's doing better."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:21 am

"I haven't...experienced Steve when he's had a nightmare, though working night's I'm sure that's bound to happen. Too focused and worn out from worrying about Steve his mind hasn't caught up yet, I think. Bucky's safe and cleared from charges now, though, so...who knows, that might be soon. Being happy...it's like they're cursed not to be for very long," Calla sighed heavily, "I caught him the night before his speech. All I did was ask him a bunch of questions which he proceeded to answer even though he didn't have to and that helped him a lot. His resulting speech was a force to be reckoned with the next day, so I must've done something right."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:24 am

"When he has that nightmare, no sudden movements and don't walk behind him." Zan offered the only advice she had. "Come from the front and stay silent. Move around if you have to, slow and cautious so he doesn't think you're going for an attack, but make sure those moves are purposeful. Putting a coffee cup down, a plate, something. When you leave, leave the same way you came. From the front. You can't be anywhere but his line of sight."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:37 am

"Stay silent...so he doesn't take to talking well?" An opposite of Bucky and Angelina, then? Just sit there, let him come to you sort of thing? Calla tapped her steering wheel with a furrow to her brows and nodded with a nasal sigh. "Want me to tell Dylan you said hi when I get to the Tower? Apparently there was this giant out of the blue meeting Bucky texted me about. Dylan and I might be going on a field trip."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:41 am

Field trip was probably a fun way of saying mission. Zan took a breath in and out. She couldn't afford a panic attack in front of a stranger. Not when she wasn't even certain what type of agent she was. Bucky was one thing, but Calla another. "Yeah. I'll text him too." She smiled gently as Calla pulled up to a janky looking apartment building. "Thanks for the ride Calla. Make sure Bucky-boy pays you, or I'm gonna make him back for you." She slammed the car door and waved to let her know that she could get inside before disappearing into the apartment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:21 am

~*~

Calla was staring at Steve, amusement the furthest thing from her mind. She was in the same room with this Vince guy, Bucky, Steve, Angelina, and Dylan. The mission was to California and the mission cover-up was to be a family vacation.

Bucky could tell Calla was no longer cold from being outside. He recognized that sort of shiver and blank, pale look from himself, for crying out loud. Was it good to touch? Steve and the others were staying very quiet. No, no touch. The mask might break. Voice. "Calla? Are you comprehending what Steve is saying?"

"I am." Short. Clipped. Bucky frowned.

Calla's stomach was turning in knots. She left that place for a reason. Flashes of /that guy's/ face went behind her eyes and she closed them briefly before opening them again. Steve looked nervous, shifting his weight from one foot to the other, arms crossed. On top of going to California, he had hesitantly told her he would do a fake proposal to make things look more legit since they were Hydra goons they were going to go up against and that was where she hit a wall.

She liked Steve. Thought his sassy attitude when he was in a good mood was really fun. His determination was a bit reckless, but that night sitting at the table while the storm rolled in had been nice. Comfortable. Mission or not, this was beyond not fair. Life may not be fair in generally, constantly kicking you when you're down or knocking you off your high when you were happy for goddamn /once/ in your fucking life and that /word/. Fake. Fake proposal.

It hit her like he'd punched her full-force in the gut and ruptured a few things with that super strength. He hadn't even taken her on a date and had made no indication of interest towards her outside of friendship.

"No."

"No you won't go or no...what?" Dylan eyeballed her, "I think going to California will be awesome, myself. A hell of a lot warmer than the grey steel we're constantly surrounded by. A nice change of pace, if only for a little while."

"Then you /fake/ propose to Angelina, then. I'll go as guide."

The way she said the word was like she was spitting venom and it worried Bucky. Buck watched Steve as his face did a bunch of things at once. How did somebody manage to do that? Calla's own face still looked the same, flat with no emotion. Her eyes were her only indication of distress because she did the opposite of blink rapidly. She didn't blink hardly at all. She turned sharply on her heel and looked at Bucky, "You owe me for driving Zan, by the way. I didn't do that out of the goodness of my heart. Chatting with her was nice, but I wasn't on the clock. Maybe if I get to know her better I won't mind doing that out of friendship, she seems like a nice girl, and pretty sassy, too."

Buck produced a full twenty from his pocket and handed it to her wordlessly which she put in her own pocket. "Calla..." he watched her look back at him.

Dylan cut him off and Bucky thought being the sensible one was not part of his programming today when he said, "You do realize being an Agent with these guys means you'll have to do things you don't want to do, right?"

Calla rounded on him, her wave hair flying over her shoulder, "Obviously, Agent Wicker. Which is why I'm even agreeing to go to California in the first place."

"You're not worth the time of day..."

Buck was alarmed when he watched Angelina bring her hands to ears. Something in Calla's head was loud enough to ring in his daughter's ears. That was that. He reached for Calla and didn't even give any of them a glance back as he pulled her into the elevator which closed and it didn't go anywhere, the lights turning off as F.R.I.D.A.Y. shut it down like he'd hit the emergency stop button. "What word?"

"Excuse me?" Calla looked up at him. Now she was blinking rapidly. He was right, touch broke the mask.

"What word, Calla? What word set you off?" Buck repeated, voice softer this time, "You helped me. Let me help you now." He frowned as her lip trembled and her eyes misted. He heard the voices of the others muffled on the other side but they weren't his concern.

"Fake," she finally said.

He thought so. "Abusive relationship. Beat you down with words, not fists. You left him, he wasn't happy, so you moved where he couldn't reach you. You're scared he'll find you." She nodded and he wrapped his big arms around her.

"It's not Steve's fault. I shouldn't have snapped like that..." Calla hiccuped, and he could feel a water spot on his shirt start to appear.

"I'll let Steve know, diffuse the situation before he lets his guilt get too bad, and you can apologize to him yourself later. Go to the breakroom, and get yourself some coffee," he soothed, rubbing her back, and she pulled away, keeping her face averted. "You got this. Thank you for being our guide."

Once he was back out of the elevator and walking back towards the others, Calla no longer with them, he watched Steve take one look at his shirt and his face did another flip through emotions, "Fake triggered her, pal. Not your fault and she's really upset she reacted that way. I told her I'd tell you. She's still going, but you really need to come up with a different plan. Dylan, you can still take up that offer of proposing to Angelina to make it all believable and stuff if that's the best way to go, but there should be other options."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:38 am

"Proposing. No. Family vacation? Maybe no." Angelina said firmly, folding her arms. She wasn't going to put Dylan through that mess and Calla. Calla's voice and memories were just as bad as when her father would scream and lose his. She wasn't going to say anything though. Not to that effect. "We do something else."

"Angel." Steve looked at her. His guilt was just as loud as her misery. Angelina had to wonder how Vision and Wanda didn't hear. Then again, they knew how to turn it off. Angelina refused to. Turning it off meant that the voices would come back sooner. "It's the easiest cover."

"Most damaging." Angelina replied swiftly. "I like Dyl-Dal. I like his sister. It'll hurt them doing that. It hurt Calla. So. I won't do it." She watched her Uncle for a moment and softened. "We can do a family outing...medically."

"What do you mean by that?" Steve asked, uncertain of where she was going with this.

"Bad health." Angelina pointed at herself. "Mentally unstable. Health declining. Clearly cannot be around people. Calla plays nurse. Dylan is my boyfriend who knows that I'm declining. You and tată stay with me wanting me to be comfortable."

"I thought we were trying to be /least/ depressing." Vince said slowly. "So where would that leave me?"

"Our best friend." Angelina looked at Vince with a bright smile on her face as she gestured to her and Dylan. "I just met you but I know if I was dying, I'd want you by my side."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:41 am

"It sounds like a better idea to me than anything else so far. I'll go down and tell Calla the change of plan and apologize to her while I'm at it," Dylan sighed deeply and looked at Vince, "I assume you'd like us to head out as soon as possible, but I hope you allow us to go pack for a vacation to make it look legit. So can we fly out tomorrow or does it have to be today?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:22 pm

"I much rather it be today, but...she's a strong person." Vince shrugged. "I'm just as fine heading out tomorrow too. I like this place so far. I was going to ask F.R.I.D.A.Y for a tour."

"What is it with people liking F.R.I.D.A.Y?" Tony raised an eyebrow. "I could give you a tour if you wanted."

"Because human technology is fascinating?" Vince tried.

"Kid you haven't seen /anything/ yet."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:53 pm

()

The next day was...quiet. At least between Bucky, Steve, and Calla. Angelina chatted away with Dylan and Vince as a flight attendant flew them on a private plane straight to California landing basically in the back yard of Tony's retreat. The mansion was probably big enough to fit all the Avengers plus maybe twenty more comfortably and still have room.

They all picked their own rooms, though they all ended up on the same floor, in the same wing, just to be close just in case something happened. Calla and Dylan and Angelina all ended up exploring the gardens to calm down, feel safe and relaxed before they braved the streets. Vince was briefing Bucky and Steve on a bit more of the juicier details about these Hydra people, since they knew how to handle them a bit more than others.

"So is there anything else we should know besides these guys stole your mermaid friend? How powerful are they if you can't take them yourself?" Bucky folded his arms over his chest as he stared at Vince, "Are they aliens too who defected to Hydra?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:51 pm

"One of them is." Vince sighed loudly. "I think that's why he found River. I thought Angelina might've been an alien cuz she called herself a freak." He winced a little. "I don't like going up against this guy. Not really because I'm not strong enough. Okay that was bullshit, I'm a fucking twig compared to this guy and he's my size and everything. Come power on the other hand-"

"Aliens aren't really all that different from us then?" Steve couldn't help but to ask.

"There are aliens who don't look remotely human. There are aliens whose biology make-up is similar but not the same to humans. There are also aliens who have the ability to change their biology make up. You call them shape-shifters. We call them pain in the asses." Vince explained. "Thank god that the alien asshole we're up against, isn't a pain in the ass. Well he's a pain in the ass cuz he stole my friend and subjecting her to /harm/ but he's not a shape-shifter asshole. Is anything I'm saying making sense? My all-speak isn't all that great compared to Thor's. He sounds like a Prince half the time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:54 pm

"I haven't met Thor," Buck shrugged, "Steve has. "The word 'guys' keeps being used. So how many are there, really?"

"My estimation is about five? Seven people." Vince said slowly. "But everyone starts looking the same when they wear the fucking uniform so I could be doubling the count by two. Here's what I know. The guy has a huge possessive streak. He's only allowing experimentation because it'll further his organization cause, not really because he's into it. I think the organization is hoping to find out is whether or not they can transfer her abilities into a normal human or if they're trying to come up with an idea of conquering another planet. Either way it doesn't look good." He thought about it some more. "I know that's the alien guy isn't really all into that. He just wants River. It's just that simple. She's an object, nothing more."

That made Bucky upset. Women weren't objects. Steve seemed more concerned with the experimentation, however.

What kind of experimentation do they do?" Steve couldn't help it, knowing that this was probably another rabbit hole he didn't want to go down on.

"Not for you to carry." Vince said and Steve stiffened.

"What the hell do you mean "not mine to carry"? Your friend's in danger and hurt and who knows what kind of information that they're getting from her? Your planet could be in big trouble." Steve glared at Vince.

"I hope Thor told you about Steve's stubbornness. If not, there aren't a lot of ways of stopping him once he is on a roll," Buck shook his head, "These experiments do affect us by nature of being in Hydra's hands, whether or not this guy actually cares about Hydra or not. That is our mission in life, to destroy them."

"Which is why it's not yours to carry." Vince replied smoothly. "Think of it this way. Who do you work for? Whose the leader of your organization?"

Steve stiffened again.

"You don't have a choice. You have to report your findings." Vince shrugged sadly. "And then whose information does that get past to?"

"You know who doesn't have to report crap? Me. If you want to talk to me or Angelina, we don't have to tell Fury a damn thing," Bucky offered.

Steve felt the world plummet, but knew that Bucky had the upper hand. Angelina didn't want to be an Avenger. But Bucky? Steve was trying to get Bucky into this and he knew. He knew Angelina would always remain the wild card. She even said, in front of security cameras and inside a Tower, that she was not an Avenger.

She was just a vigilante.

Bucky didn't have to say shit either. He was technically just a proxy and who was going to force the Winter Solider into saying anything? Steve would pay millions, but knew too well that all he'd see in the end was torture tactics that were probably amateur compared to what Bucky really went through. Steve knew right then and there that when he opened his mouth to ask the experiments, he was fucking things up. He was an experiment that was on government pay roll. Bucky and Angelina? They were just a couple of people trying to live.

Steve stood up. "I'm going to grab Angel and bring her here." He looked at Vince. "You have my word that no matter what I find, no matter what I read, I never saw a thing."

Vince watched him walk out with a military gait. "So you and Angelina were experimentation. That's why she called herself a freak. I was wondering about that. I knew she wasn't an alien, though she does come up with some really cool thoughts. Like the plane." He paused. "That also explains both of your mannerisms. I'm sorry that I let you two in this. At the same time, I think that it'll bring River some comfort to know that she's being saved by people who understand."

"Will you tell me something else, while we wait for Angelina so you can give the two of us the full rundown?" Buck asked quietly, shifting in his seat and moving his hands so they were laced together in his lap, "Would you tell me more about River? I understand she is your friend. Best friend. I would do the same thing you're doing if I couldn't save Steve alone. Yet, why is she your friend?"

Vince lightened up. "She's curious and fun. She's super, super kind." He grinned brightly. "What really made River and I click is that we both couldn't live on a planet that we were born on. I couldn't. She couldn't. So even though we came to Earth to run away from said alien guy, we both found a home here. Thor told us about Midgard and what it was like. But his stories couldn't compare to what we went through. There were people who were mean, but...River always made sure to treat them nicely anyway and they would stop. Our neighbors fucking adore her. I have people always come up and tell me that I'm lucky to be with a girl like that. I always tell them I am...until I realized what they meant. Boooooy was that awkward. I mean we /tried/ don't get me wrong, but it's like slamming your car into a brick wall. Not going to do much but damage in the end. So we remain friends. Though I do tease her about being fake-married to me. She plays along with it. But that's not we're talking about."

He waved it aside. "There's people that'd tell me that she's a good Christian. Whatever the fuck /that/ means. I get that it might be a compliment of some sorts? A human thing? I don't know. But...that's River to a T. Kind, compassionate, listening, willing to be there, and she gives as much peace as she can. She's feisty though. And she's a little gullible. And she's a bit too innocent. But that's alright."

"You adore her. She is the sun to you like Steve is to me. I don't picture much except that sunrise smile he gives me," Bucky murmured, his face soft, eyes tender and fond, "I remembered Steve and I have something between us. We keep it private. I remembered after Calla helped me out and showed him. He's been a bit happier since then. I shouldn't have teased him so much about her. Now he's sulking because he accidentally upset her and she's sulking because she reacted negatively. I would be, too, because there are things that still trigger me and no doubt always will. They'll fix it, though. They have me in common, which is odd to say. Calla is not so much a handler for me as she is another Companion like Angelina, but Angel is my daughter. I think she believes she is a freak more because she was raised by snakes, by monsters."

Vince tilted his head. "What do you mean "raised by snakes"? You're not a snake."

"No. I used to be. Used to work for them. Hydra. I am what they called the Winter Soldier," Bucky shook his head, "I've been clean for two years. Raised Angelina the best I could while we moved place to place so we wouldn't be found by Hydra. I called them the snakes and the eagles, Hydra and S.H.I.E.L.D, when we talked about them so not to alert anybody."

"But the primary caretakers were the snakes." Vince confirmed. At the nod, he nodded too. "I hope you know you're doing well. For someone who was tortured beyond belief. For someone whose lost their identity more often than what's considered to be normal. I /also/ hope you know that whatever happened to Angelina with the snakes was never your fault." He noticed Bucky's expression and he shrugged. "You look at her with both love and guilt."

"I think everybody notices that," Buck sighed, "I don't know how to stop being guilty about it. I haven't gotten that far. Things have been going so much better lately, I was hoping people were seeing that more. I may have had a nightmare, but I was free to leave the Tower and find myself a safe space."

"Want me to tell you a secret?" Vince placed a hand on his chin. Bucky looked at him and he smiled gently. "You probably won't. Stop feeling guilty I mean. It'll get better and worse as time progresses. Sometimes it'll feel like it's not there, and sometimes it's so there it's a memorial rock." He watched him. "I like Angel." He said honestly. "She's an amazing person with a simplistic yet complex way of looking at the world. She hears things that I don't think normal humans can. She knows things that I think no normal human should know. She's in love with Dylan. You did that. You made a daughter whose super strong. Strong enough that despite /everything/, she fell in love. /You/ did that. You should be fucking proud of yourself. You should forgive yourself. And most of all I think you and Angelina need a proper "hug-it-all-out" moment."

Bucky hesitated and let everything Vince was saying sink in. "She has what doctors would call schizophrenia. You have to do some research, buddy. Angel hearing voices is very frowned upon. She would be put in a mental hospital ward probably in solitary for the rest of her life if Steve and I didn't have a say in it, if she wasn't friends with some of the most fucked-up people in the world who also save the same people who would lock us away."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:59 pm

Vince nodded solemnly. "Sorry. I thought that was regarded as a power here on Earth. Regardless though, don't let your guilt eat away your love for her." He looked over and grinned brightly. "Hey Angel, we were just talking about you."

Angelina beamed back as she walked into the conference room and sat down next to Bucky. She could hear his thoughts whirl around, all jumbled as he was trying to organize what was said and what he should do. Guilt was the biggest topic, it seemed. "Uncle Steve told me that since I wasn't an Avenger, you would talk to us. Me." She clarified. "It makes sense. We're the only ones who know what "experimentation" is. The unethical one."

"Neither of us work for the eagles, either, like Calla and Dylan. So, you have us all to yourself. I've asked enough questions, Angel. Go ahead and ask some of your own," Buck nudged her.

"Uncle Steve wants to know about your friend." Angelina's voice went up a little, and Vince frowned. Was that excitement or fear? "About why they'd want her."

"Humans want to know more about the realms that aren't apart of theirs. I guess that's the main reason they'd want her." Vince answered slowly. "I don't know why or what they're going to do to her. I don't know what it is they're looking for. A war? A way of sustaining life? It's all up in the air, Angel." He looked at her sadly. "You know something about what they're capable of."

Angel's eyes lowered. "I don't want her to go through what I went through." She clutched her hands underneath the desk. "They won't make her into the Solider. There was only one /good/ one." She patted Bucky's arm. "No one else can beat it. Come close. But not beat."

"From what Vince told me of her, I believe River wouldn't be like us. She might die during any extensive torture. Too kind, couldn't kill. She'll be lucky if they just poke and prod her and sometimes cut her open," he sounded crude, and he watched Vince pale a little even as his face remained level, "She doesn't have any syrum in her to make her heal faster so she wouldn't be ruined too badly if they intend to use her, and because this guy wants her for himself and is possessive, she does have that in her favor not to be harmed too badly, either."

Angelina looked over at Vince whose lips were pursed up tight. She didn't like that look on his face. She realized that she liked it better when he was smiling. When he took the jabs and sassed at Dylan. Who took to Vince like a fish to water. "Sorry..."

"it's a concern." Vince said sadly. "One that needed to be addressed. But...here's a concern for me. I do not know what kind of condition River's going to be in. If she's sick or dehydrated, I don't think humans have the capabilities to heal someone like her. So, can this place be /safe/ enough to heal?"

"I don't think Stark would mind if we use this place for it's intended purpose, as a retreat. It's remote, it's protected, and I've /seen/ the bathtub in my own room. I can lay down completely in it with my broad shoulders and all. I bet Steve could even lay down in his. There's even a pool outside /and/ inside. If she wants to go to the ocean at all, any of us can take her," Bucky offered quickly, "She will have you, someone familiar and safe."

"Oh my God if we can throw River into a pool I'm going to be so flipping happy." Vince grinned. "Only we'll wait till she's better. Other than that, a /pool/. I need to talk to Stark and see if it's possible to make one that's saltwater based!"

"I think we accidentally recruited Avengers." Angelina told Bucky solemnly. "They're never gonna leave." She paused. "Not that I want them to."

Bucky smiled at her and patted her head, "It'll be okay. We'll see what happens. It's only noon, after all, so how about we go out and try and see what we can figure out? After all, this vacation is supposed to be all about you."

"If I'm dying I want to be carried." Angelina let out a surprised laugh when Bucky suddenly grabbed her and carried her bridal style. She wrapped her arms around her father's neck and pressed her head against his shoulder, grinning like mad.

She didn't miss the mischievous glint Vince had in his eyes as he walked behind them.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:42 pm

"So, Steve," Calla is the one who spoke up first as they stood on the beach, toes buried in the sand and Angelina shrieking as the cold water of the waves splashed her, bouncing through the waves, Dylan and Bucky both trying to play chase with her. Vince was sitting down on a beach towel, and they were all either in swimsuits or clothes they didn't care got wet. She herself wore her swimsuit under a coral colored wrap that only had one-shoulder, her hair /braided/ by /Vince/ and she had been /so goddamn happy/ about it. Angelina had watched him do it intently before Vince and Calla tag-teamed in giving Angelina braided pigtails.

Steve was lying on his back, spread eagle since Bucky had previously grabbed him and threw him into the ocean, Dylan cheering him on while Calla and Vince were braiding hair. He looked over at her and smiled. "I don't know how to sew." He decided to tease.

"You butthead, you heard me right," Calla stuck her tongue out at him, but smiled softly, "I wanted to say I'm sorry. I shouldn't have avoided you, either. Letting things fester is never good. Communication. That's what helps things keep moving."

Steve sat up. "I'm sorry, too." He said genuinely. "It was the first idea that I came up with and I didn't think on how it was going to affect you. I really thought you'd be alright with going with it, but...that was my mistake."

"My question to you is...why did you think I'd be okay with being your wife, in the first place?" Calla watched his face closely, "What were we supposed to do? Act all lovey-dovey when we haven't really had all that many conversations since my work is during the night when you're sleeping? Act like our quote on quote 'marriage' was falling apart and Angelina was supposed to bring us together again? I have no idea what you were trying to go for."

"We would've talked it over and we would've figured out what type of act we wanted to do." Steve replied after a moment. "Natasha would be assigning the roles, but as for me? It's whatever's natural. Is it natural for us to feel like our marriage was splitting apart and Angelina was trying to do something to keep her Uncle and Aunt from filing for a divorce? It's a possibility. Would we be more natural being in love? It's another possibility. I believe in being natural for an undercover thing. It's the reason why Natasha fucking hates working with me when I pretend I know how to spy. It makes her cringe."

"No acting skills," Calla laughed softly, "Not that I have much of a poker face, either." For the love of God, just go for it. He unknowingly opened up the possibilities so just /try/. Heart thumping, cheeks pink but not from sunburn, she reached for him and traced her fingers over the back of his hand before she slipped hers into his and marveled briefly at the size difference. The other marvel was how her whole arm felt like she'd pinched a nerve in her shoulder, the way it tingled from the contact. "Does this feel natural, then?"

Steve smiled warmly and squeezed her hand. Not too tightly so that it'd hurt, but just enough. "To me it does. But does it to you?" He would always give an out. That's what made Bucky sometimes want to hit a brick wall from his stubbornness.

Calla licked her lips, shy, but she nodded to him, "Yeah...yeah, it feels real nice, Steve." A different kind of warmth than the sun, but just as comforting. Things weren't so bad after all. The start to their not-so-vacation had been rocky, but this was good. She didn't feel so strung-up anymore and Steve didn't have the tension in his shoulders.

Dylan nudged Angelina from where they'd both fallen into the shallows of the beach bank, and pointed towards Steve and Calla, "Hey, Angie, looks like they aren't sad anymore!"

Angelina looked over to see that Calla and Steve were holding hands and seemingly talking about something. She smiled brightly, "Good." She nodded. "Now to keep him that way."

Bucky splashed forward, kicking water up with his legs and getting Dylan and Angelina even more soaked than they were, his swim trunks had been an emergency buy and they were a gradient shade of green with yellow stripes up the sides. Didn't want to be eaten by sharks, he'd told Steve who'd arched a brow and that when you wear black you look like a seal. None of them had gotten wetsuits at that unless it was silver or white. "I will keep splashing you until you get back up!" he warned.

Angelina stood up and gathered water in her hands to try to splash Bucky back. "We can play that game too."

Vince suddenly tackled Angelina into the ocean without much fineness making her scream and both Dylan and Bucky shell-shocked that...yeah...Vince just tackled /Angelina/. They popped up from the water and Vince let out a happy laugh. "The water's fucking cold." He winced when Angelina splashed his face, but totally worth it.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:40 pm

Bucky was getting thinned by the crowds, flipping between sticking close to Steve and his daughter. He didn't want to get between Steve's and Calla's budding feelings for each other, finally spending more than maybe fifteen minutes with each other at a time. So when he felt like he was intruding - even though he probably wasn't - he went to Angelina. Dylan sure as hell didn't mind if he hung out with them, enjoying listening to Angie ramble about the /weirdest/ things. Dylan /loved/ it, which surprised the both of them.

It was two days after arriving and they were in the Mall. They'd spread off, Bucky going to a random, quiet store with just Steve, Dylan and Angelina stuck together like glue as they got pizza. Vince and Calla found a shared interest in something and went into that store together. "Are you enjoying yourself?" Buck asked his friend as he looked through the racks of candles. There were other things in here like soap and lotion. Bath and Body Works, he'd discovered. Sanitizer that was scented. He tried a few, and liked one that was supposed to be something like amazon rain, shoving it towards Steve who was sticking close, "This one's nice. Might be good to have."

Steve took a sniff and paused. "Is it something for grounding?" He asked as he looked through the piles. He picked another one up and took a sniff before grinning as he passed it to Bucky for him to smell. "They're five for five."

"Pick a couple," Bucky nodded, wrinkling his nose at Steve's flavor before he went through a few of the 'try me's "I dunno if it'd be grounding? Only one way to find out. Be nice if we go somewhere for a mission that's all dusty and grimey. Ooh, Steve, you should try a couple of the colognes. I will, too."

"Why?" Steve asked but went along with it as he walked over to the colones. Angelina was making her way to a small little bit of hand lotions that were there, she would sniff one and then force Dylan to sniff one. If he liked it, she seemed to look at the price. But if he wrinkled his nose, it was the fastest she'd put something back on the shelf yet. Much to Dylan's amusement.

Dylan and Angelina must've walked in just a bit ago while he was distracted. They still had half of their pizza in hand on plates, "Just because we're here and we can. If we're pretending to be on vacation, we are going to make the most of it, damn it," Bucky answered, his five scents piled in his arm and he walked over to the cologne as well, avoiding the 'twilight woods' one and went right for the ocean one.

"Hey Bucky." Steve picked up a scent and he put it underneath his friend's nose without warning, forcing him to breathe in. "That smells like an alcoholic apple orchid doesn't it?"

"Geezus what the hell is that crap?" Bucky reeled back, face contorting in horror, "I will pay you back, Rogers."

"With what money?" Steve quipped back as he walked back over to where he found it.

"Stark's of course," Buck huffed. He placed his stuff down and dabbed the cologne on his wrist, letting it sit for a second before taking a whiff. It didn't smell bad at all. "Steve, what do you think of this one on me? I dunno if it'd fit you. Maybe the woods one or alpine? I'm gunna try the Noir next."

"What exactly are you trying to go for?" Steve asked with an amused smile. "And what's with the sudden interest in how you /smell/?" He folded his arms.

Buck stuck his tongue out, "I don't know, Steve. I'm just enjoying myself here. I've never been able to get things like this before. Never required for..." he trailed, "If I want cologne I can buy cologne. If Angel wants an entire basket set of lotion and bubble bath then she can have it. I just want your opinion because it matters."

Steve's smile faltered and he walked over to his friend and gently squeezed his shoulder. "Then you get my opinion." He said gently. "I'm sorry, Buck. I didn't mean to make you feel horrible. I was teasing and I let it get to my head." He knew. He knew that Bucky didn't a chance to do this. To give Angelina this chance either. He could kick himself. "You should keep the Ocean."

Angelina watched them from her position, looking through the bubblebath stuff as Bucky predicted. Though a "basket" full was not even close to what it was. She only had two lotions and no basket. She looked at Dylan and shrugged helplessly. Uncle Steve was doing the sad thing again.

"Things are still new. Teasing. Neither of you are used to it, though you play along easier because you can read minds. Bucky can't. I can see where this turned into a misunderstanding. Buck's also tense from crowds and over-stimulation. I'm just lucky /you/ haven't had a nose bleed yet. I came prepared with a packet of tissues just in case!" Dylan brandished the packet with a grin.

"Your my tissue hero." Angelina smiled for a moment and let it fade. "Not overstimulated. Mall's not busy enough for it. But...I hear chattering." She shivered a bit. "I don't know if it's the walls or not. Not closing in." She amended. "Too open for it. But...still."

"How about we pay for the lotion and bubble bath you like and get away from the walls, then?" Dylan asked soothingly.

"..." Angelina wasn't certain. She looked down at the lotion and bubble bath, thought about it before nodding. As they walked by Bucky and Steve, she tapped Bucky's arm twice as they went to the register.

"I want to smell this one on you," Bucky said, patting Angelina's head as she went by as well, before turning back to Steve with the WhiteWater and spritzed a little bit on Steve's neck without warning, rubbing it in with his hand and smirked as Steve sneezed when it went up his nose. Even Dylan turned slowly back to look. "I told you I'd get you back."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:00 am

The shop Vince and Calla had entered was a knick-knack store that Calla was hoping to find trinkets for either herself or the others as tokens of friendship. The trip back to California hadn't been so bad. She missed it here, but knew she couldn't. At least she had a boat back in New York. Humming while she held a vase up to look at closer, she was tracing the pattern while she thought about Steve. Over the course of two days after making up and holding hands, she'd fallen asleep on him while watching movies and he'd carried her to her room.

They'd also had a long conversation about books and music the following night on the balcony. He loved history books, not completely because he had missed so much, but because he really did love history, it being one of his favorite classes in school next to English. She'd also shown him pictures on her phone of her paintings, ending up shoulder to shoulder with him and he'd eventually put his arm around her, keeping her warm against the nighttime chill.

Overall, she was very much enjoying these things with Steve. Putting the vase down, she hummed to herself some more and moved to continue to look for gifts when her happy place was shattered into a million pieces.

"Calla?" A voice asked that wasn't Vince. When she turned around, a male was standing behind her, arms folded. His eyes were narrowed as he looked at her up and down. He looked only older, but not hotter anymore. His hair was falling into his face, clearly needing a haircut. "So you're back."

"Rick." Calla said, voice clipped, stance tense. Run. Her mind told her to run, but her legs were frozen stiff. "Vacation." What to tell him. Remember the cover. "I have a mental patient who is ill, took her on a family vacation to make her feel better."

"So you became a nurse?" Rick's eyebrow lifted high and he noticed a man walk next to her. He barely looked at him. "So whose the hipster?"

Calla felt safer with Vince there. She had been worried she would have to scream for him. "My patient's best friend." Go away. She didn't want this to happen. She knew it was going to, though. She didn't want to take her eyes off of Rick, but she looked at Vince to watch his face. That was a face of recognition and she felt her stomach turn to ice. Was Rick...
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:36 am

Rick didn't seem to notice, nor care that Vince was there. He was looking between the two of them like he was waiting for one of them to continue talking. When it was clear that the ball was in his court, he shrugged. "Some friend and nurse. A girl's dying and you're here in the mall."

"Lucky for us," Vince said coolly. "She's here with us. She wanted to enjoy a day since it's a good day. I don't know why that's any concern of yours." Though he did have a point. They should've probably put Angelina in a wheelchair. Fuck he didn't think of it and he doubted anyone else did. Bucky probably wasn't caring much about that. People died standing up where he was concerned.

"It's not-"

"Then I think you overstayed your welcome." Vince snapped. "Neither one of us has anything to say to you."

"I think Calla-"

"You don't know what Calla thinks."

"Are you always going to-"

"If it'll make you shut up for about five seconds, yeah." Vince clenched his fists. "Calla doesn't like you."

"Now whose-"

"It's written all over her face and she's not exactly trying to defend you is she? How many times did you interrupt her with something harsh to say?" Vince's smile turned. "You know what? I'm feeling like a fight. I don't feel like that very often."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:24 am

"Vince...maybe...maybe here's not the best place for that..." Calla tried to diffuse the situation, gently nudging Vince, when she let out a sharp cry and felt her head jerk back. Why. Why did she turn her back? Why did she have to let her hair down today? She felt her back collide with Rick's chest and she whimpered, her scalp burning and tears prickled her eyes.

If Vince wanted a fight, Rick was going to give him a reason.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:49 pm

((WIP wasn't sure if I should enter Angelina this soon or not)))

Vince was about to kick his ass when he watched in pure amusement as Angelina appeared behind Rick and slammed her foot in the back of his knees forcing him to go down and letting Calla go. "Vince go." Angelina said hard. "Find Uncle Steve."

"What?" Rick hissed but Angelina was faster. She stomped on his hand and he howled.

"Oh don't be like that." Angelina frowned. "That didn't hurt. You know it didn't. I'm small and harmless. Isn't that your type? Small and harmless? I'm also a girl today. Isn't that you're favorite?"

"You son of a-"

"My mom's dead." Angelina happily dug her foot in deep, twisting his hand and grinning as his face twisted in pain. "But you know that already."

"You're the Companion."

"And you're about to die." Angelina grinned. "But not here. I don't want to tain the mall with your voice. Even though your soul being stuck in a manniquin or a doll might be a good thing." She nodded solemnly. "Dolls and mannqiuins always meet accidents. Broken arms. I wonder if spirits can feel pain when they're attached to things like that."

Rick paled.

"Now you get it." Angelina grinned and for good measure kicked his face in and knocked him out. "Upsie-daisy!" She picked him up and hauled him onto her back. "Vince! You get to decide if sharks like meat or not." She told him happily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:59 pm

The moment Rick had let go of her Calla had bolted, not even looking back and discovered Dylan was standing outside the shop and he just pointed. Following his direction, she found Bucky and Steve in a clothing store and weaved through the racks.

Bucky looked over his shoulder as Steve made an 'omph' sound and saw Calla with her face buried deep in Steve's sternum. The moment he saw the reflection of light off of a tear he was outside the shop in a flash, storming through the main hall until he found Dylan who was pulling a tissue out of the packet which meant Angelina was having a nose bleed and he took a look inside just as Vince and Angelina were coming out, "/Anzhelina/!" He hissed, reaching for the unconscious man over her shoulder and draped him over his own instead, "<You are not supposed to carry people in public and we are undercover!>" he chided her harshly, stomach turning at the idea of being caught so soon.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:06 pm

"I think undercover was a bit of a lost cause the moment she kicked him in the face." Vince admitted. "And that he's the one that has my friend. Well one of the few."

Angelina looked pale and a little frightened. Vince supposed that her Russian name was the equivalent to being "full named". It meant you were in /deep/ fucking trouble. Dylan handed her a tissue and she took it without much thought. "I did a good deed." She tried feebly, like somehow that'd change Bucky's mind.

Meanwhile, Steve was found a place for them to sit down without worrying on tripping over people and brought her close. He didn't demand answers, nor did he try to say something worthless that'd be comforting. He just stroked her hair, let her feel safe, and silently told her that he was right here with her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:36 pm

"Yes you did," Bucky sighed, "We need to get out of here before regular police are called on us. Come." He headed towards the nearest exit.

Dylan kept his arm around Angie's shoulders as they all followed him.

Calla sniffed and her crying had slowed down significantly, "Thank you, Steve..." she hiccuped and slowly pulled away, wiping her eyes and looked up at him, "I think the others might have left. We should, too."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Steve quietly stood up and helped her up before wrapping his arm around her shoulders, in comfort. "Let's go." He murmured softly as they walked out. Undoubtedly he was going to get a phone call from Tony wondering what the hell happened to undercover. Natasha was going to face palm so hard, she was probably going to tell Bucky that he only had one job.

Well, the sad part, is that the Avengers were kind of used to that.
~
Angelina was not nice to the guy. She made sure to keep in the backseat with him, eyes with full on heat and fast promises that she wouldn't kill the guy. She let him stay knocked out in the car, but when they got to Malibu and brought him in, she practically almost insisted that she was going to tie him up.

Steve had to wonder what exactly /just/ happened here. He knew he was Hydra, Vince already called it. Angelina was acting like she had a personal vendetta against the guy. But what was more strange? She made sure Calla knew where the guy was and made sure that Calla wasn't anywhere /near/ the room they kept him in. For whatever reason. He had a hunch.

"Do you want to keep his tongue? I can give you his tongue. Or his hand. He doesn't deserve any of it." Angelina was looking furious as she looked at Calla. Calla was staring at her, Vince was a bit taken aback, and Dylan was holding on to Angelina's wrist. "I can get tată to agree."

"No you can't." Steve looked horrified. "Angel-"

"He doesn't deserve any of it!" She nearly shouted. "He doesn't!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:22 pm

"Angel, sweetheart," Calla's hands were shaking as she gripped Angelina by the cheeks, "No he doesn't...by God, do I know that...but I don't want a trophy. I don't want /anything/ of him or to do with him. Do you understand that? He could disappear forever and leave nothing behind and I'd be okay with that."

Bucky thought he understood what was going on. Had a high suspicion, but he didn't want to ask because if he did then he would have confirmation about what happened to his daughter to boot. So. He looked at Steve, "I am going to go somewhere else. Maybe for a swim, I like the heated indoor pool. I think you should handle this Rick asshole along with Vince."

Dylan watched as Bucky turned tail and ran. Figuratively, of course. Angelina saying she could get him to agree to torturing someone probably didn't sit well. He decided to be the one to detonate the bomb. "Angie...that guy's mind, you read it. Saw it. Did he rape Calla?"

Calla's let Angelina go and looked at Dylan in surprise, "He didn't, per se...I mean, I wasn't /into/ it at the end of the relationship but I didn't exactly fight him. I still thought I loved him, after all. Abuse is dumb that way."

"So...he /thought/ about it?" Dylan asked, arching a brow at Angelina.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   

Back to top Go down

Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next