MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:29 am

"<Okay.>" Angelina beamed brightly as she hugged Wanda back and gently gathered up the doll. "<I'll take good care of her Wanda. Thank you. Dad's gonna be real happy I made another friend. You're the third one! Maria's my fourth.>"

()
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:53 am

“Congress is trying to come up with the decision on whether or not Captain America should be allowed to continue to be an Avenger and as our role-model for the American society. Many are saying that Captain America is a traitor to America itself and that while being defrosted, we don’t actually know whose side Captain America was fighting on to begin with.”

Click.

“Captain America has been this nation’s moral icon. He is what we want to be in America and he’s the embodiment of the American Dream. In America it is in our society to give out second chances to those who need them. That is what we do. But to give out a second chance to a traitor and to someone who had clearly defied America for seventy years? That’s not very American to me.”

Click.

“Twitter has been trending on two different hashtags WS is not a Criminal versus Captain America is Soviet.”

Click.

Steve just continued doing this as the the news and the gossip T.V continued to debate on whether or not Captain America was also a traitor and should give up the shield or if he was truly a hero standing up for the right thing. He didn’t realize the door to his apartment had opened, nor did he notice the soft padding of feet walk across his carpet. He felt a heavy weight against his leg and he looked down to see Angelina staring intently at the T.V screen.

“Hey Angel.” Steve said, turning off the T.V. He didn’t know how much she knew, and he didn’t want her to worry.

“You were watching the news. Captain America is on trial.” Angelina wasn’t about to cut corners. Much like her dad in that sense. Brutally honest. “I thought tată was on trial.”

People...people were douchebags. Bucky knew that. He was on his way to see Steve in his floor when he heard voices talking. Steve's and Angelina's. She'd gotten there before him, it seemed...and there was no one else. It had been a week since the whole speech and he though his friend had made things perfectly clear the first time about his mental state and being /forced/ to do those things. It was just...getting worse and worse. The tide was a very bad one. Riots were popping up throughout the city, traffic jams, protests, marches...it hurt. Steve didn't deserve this. Steve was far from being a Soviet! He crashed a plane filled with bombs! What more did they /want/?!

Yet...he couldn't move his feet to join his daughter and his brother-in-arms where they sat on the couch. He kept himself out of sight, which was easy to do as their backs were to him anyway.

“I think that we both are.” Steve sighed. “It’s the way of the world kiddo. I knew it going in.”

Angelina nodded solemnly. “We’re worth the pain.”

“Every second. It’s not like it matters any. If they want me to give up the shield, I’ll gladly do it so long as they keep you and your father out from behind bars.” Steve frowned deeply. “And should we go to prison together, well…we can always break out.”

“Tată wouldn’t find that comforting.” She leaned her head against his knee and just like how Bucky would when she did it to him, Steve reached down and gently touched the strand of her hair. He understood that this was a comfort thing, as well as a grounding technique that Bucky developed. So long as she was nearby and real, everything was fine.

“No I guess he wouldn’t.”

“He doesn’t think he’s worth all of this.” Angelina gestured to the T.V. “Your martyrdom.”

“He doesn’t remember the things he’s went through to save my ass.” Steve replied. “I’m only evening out the score.”

“Are you?” Angelina wasn’t angry. She didn’t raise her voice. She was curious and it broke Steve’s heart. He knew that Bucky didn’t remember everything about him. But the things that he did remember, he gave to Angelina freely. He wanted her to have another family member to rely on because he knew that he might not be there.

Steve was bending over backwards for him. Putting the cuffs on for them. Would he really...throw away the shield? What about the rest of the Avengers? He said...there would be a group vote to make him one. There had been a majority vote on the quinjet, but did that count? No one had really...sat down and talked about it since then. It was all a wait and see game with the press right now and so far...it was leaning heavily on putting Steve in a bad light. He didn't want Steve in the same darkness as he was in. Seventy years. He could probably walk away right now and never be seen again, if he so chose. Yet, he wouldn't, because Angelina was still a wild card. The tests had long since been finished, they just hadn't done the paperwork to make it all official. Would that flip the tides back? He wondered...

“Are you still looking for my file?” Angelina wondered.

“If you had one.” Steve replied slowly.

Angelina stood up and scooted herself so that she was on the couch. She curled up into Steve’s side, and he carefully wrapped his arm around her shoulders, bringing her close. Calla told him to strike up a conversation.

“I watched him freeze.” Angelina murmured softly, so softly that Steve had to strain to hear it. “I watched his memory disappear from his mind. I heard his scream. I watched him freeze. It was sometimes the only time I see him. Is during those moments. When he was frozen, I’d sneak into the cryo-chamber and talk to him. I would tell him about what was happening. I would tell him that I was sorry. That I am sorry.”

Steve fell silent, knowing well that he should interrupt this. He wondered if Bucky knew that his little girl saw his torture. Saw his memory get wiped and still went down and talked to him while frozen. Brazen and brash.

“The snakes didn’t care. They thought it was amusing, but they wanted to test the theory out. On whether or not he could hear things in cryo. It’s hard to test when the memory is wiped. When the mind is at it’s breaking point.” Angelina’s eyes flicked towards Steve. “What they thought was more interesting was not how the mind work. But how the serum was passed.”

“Angelina…”

“There’s…a lot of things I don’t say.” She halted in her sentence. “Tată doesn’t know everything either.” Steve fell silent, he knew that. Bucky had told him that there were things he didn’t know. What they did to her. “If I tell you what you’re looking for, will you still love me?”

Buck felt fear grip his chest. Panic and then he had to be quiet while he rested his head against the wall, unable to thump it like he wanted. He didn't want to know. He told Natasha that. Yet he must...deep down really want to torture himself. Curiosity killed the cat, isn't that what they say? His mind raced. He had a feeling. He didn't want it to be true but since when did anything he hoped for come to pass?

Steve felt his heart break and crack. He pulled Angelina tightly against him. “I’ll love you even if I have to find out for myself.” He assured. “And afterwards. I’ll love you even more.”

Angelina breathed in his scent to relax her steadily climbing heart rate and decided to speak. “There is something called the Cage.” Steve blinked. “Not like the Red Room. But like a training room. Big enough to fight in if there’s two people. Enclosed so that there’s no escape. You fight till you can’t fight anymore. That is how I was trained. But I was too smart. I didn’t “fight”. They put in someone who was Hydra in there with me and they told me how to kick and punch. I picked a knife up from the agent. I stabbed them in the knee before stabbing them in the throat. It was my first kill. I didn’t understand. I was punished and put back in. It was a cycle and punishments varied.”

Steve opened his mouth, possibly to say something, but Angelina shook her head.

“They turned it into a game.” Angelina shrugged. “Then they turned it into a way to interrogate hostages. When I was thirteen they decided to see if I would fight against the Solider, or if I would still see him as my tată. He taught me how to fight. To shoot. To kill. I got better. I got loads better. I was proud of myself. Hydra…not so much. Disappointed. They couldn’t train me. Couldn’t tame me. But the Solider could. He did not remember me. I suppose they thought I might not remember him. Too much stress. Mental strain.”

How did she remember he was her father this whole time, anyway? He oly found her when she was five, and after discovering the truth the time with her as his daughter had been short. When they let her with him long enough he'd remember her, then they would wipe him again. It was such a painful process, remembering then forgetting over and over again, sometimes to remember something the second before they ripped it away the next. That she would come to see him while he was frozen...that she'd /watch/ that process over and over again...with her mental power she probably knew things even he didn't from those moments.

Steve let out a pained sound after a moment. His mind going around and around and around. He wanted to tear Hydra from limb to limb. Burn them. He didn’t want to show them any mercy not for what they did to Angelina nor Bucky. “Is this a gloss over?”

Angelina nodded.

Steve sighed lowly and leaned his head back. His mind whirling around as he thought about Angelina said. “Your father and I were apart of the same division of the army 107th. Howling Commandos. Special ops and the first segregated unit in WW2.” He felt his throat clogged. Angelina shared her horror. It was only fair of him to tell her where his began. “We had a mission the Alps. Capture Armin Zola from a train. Bring him in alive for questioning. It was a risky operation. It was on a moving train.”

“Tată fell.”

“He fell.” Steve replied hoarsely. “Picking up my shield and using it to save my life when I was down. He couldn’t hold it. It was too heavy. But he tried. He did his best to make sure that it was his life before mine.” He took a hard breath in. “I lost…everything that day Angel. Everything. I lost my home, my brother, my friend. I lost everything. So. I flew the plane.”

What about Peggy? Was Bucky's thought. They'd /clearly/ had been pining after each other at the bar that night. Peggy had /ignored/ him except for a curt greeting and would /only/ really respond to Steve. Steve had a dopey little smile on his face the whole time, his eyes clearly stating what he wanted but that had neither been the time nor place. Steve could've jumped from the plane, made his way to safety, raised a family. Yet. He dove the plane, presumably to chase him into the jaws of death. Was he really worth that much? Sure...they'd been together since they were eight on the schoolyard, and fooled around as teenagers, but then he was drafted. Not that Steve knew he was drafted, he always said he signed up. Unless Steve found that out later.

Angelina understood the implication as if it had been spoken aloud. “You wanted to see him again.”

“So badly.”

“Must’ve been really disappointing waking up in the future then.” Angelina wrinkled her nose. “I’d be angry.”

“I was. I was very angry.” Steve swallowed thickly.

Angelina fell silent. “How did you know it was my tată behind the mask?”

Steve smiled sadly. “We don’t forget those who we love. I’d recognize him no matter what. Just like, now that I know what you like, I’ll never forget you.”

“You better not. I’d be mad.” Angelina frowned. “Tată forgot me loads. I don’t need you on that. I can forgive tată. You don’t get an excuse.”

Steve laughed and carded his fingers through her hair. ‘Fair enough kid. Fair enough.”

Bucky felt like he'd been punched in the gut. He used Angelina's giggling when Steve found a ticklish spot to slip away back to the elevator and find himself a quiet spot to just...he didn't know what he'd do. Cry? Punch something? Stark would be mad at the latter. "F.R.I.D.A.Y," he croaked once the doors closed, "If...anyone is wondering where I am today, assure them I am in the building, but do not give my location."

"As you wish. Mr. Barnes. May I suggest the uppermost part of the Tower, above the landing zone? Mr. Stark is in his labs, and no one would look for you above his personal floors."

"Thank you..." Buck put his head in his hands. Steve had loved him so much that he was willing to die /with/ him, and would rather be a criminal than to be apart from him again. "Damn it, Rogers..." he muttered softly, fondly, brokenly. He really should ask Pepper to get on getting those papers done, then that would really get everyone to think fucking twice about messing with /his/ Stevie.

~*~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:22 pm

It was a few hours later and Bucky was just...staring out at the clouds on the landing pad. The warmth of the sun would have lulled him to sleep any other time, but his mind was just too busy. Steve...he was all he could think about. He let his memories flow instead of trying to focus on one thing or another, starting from the earliest one he knew of. It was all still so much a blur, but he could put the pieces of the puzzle together well enough.

He was aware of someone coming towards him, and he cursed in the middle of his train of thought. So someone had found him after all. Damn it, F.R.I.D.A.Y. Glancing over, he saw...the last person he expected. Calla. She wasn't saying anything, just came and laid down beside him, not looking at him, staring at the sky like he had been.

Okay then.

Buck furrowed his brows, but he returned his own gaze upwards. Her presence wasn't...unwelcome, he discovered. It was peaceful. Within time, he managed to slip back into his previous mindset.

Steve loved him. Loved him so much he was willing to die in order to be with him again. Left the Howlies behind, left Peggy Carter behind, left the life he could have had...all to be with him. Was their 'end of the line' motto more than what he had thought it was?

It had to be. Those words...they had to be akin to saying 'I love you' if they were so strong to pierce through his brainwashing on the helicarrier two years ago. He had stopped at first because as morbid as it was, he recognized Steve all bruised and bloodied more than he ever had when his face was missing all of the cuts and scrapes. Then he had gone and said 'I'm with you...til the end of the line' and his mind had shattered a second before the beams above them broke the glass and sent Steve falling into the Hudson.

Steve was willing to be a criminal. Was willing to throw away his shield and the title of Captain America for him. All Steve had wanted was to fight the good fight. He didn't need a title to kick ass and fight the bullies. Why had that been so hard to understand? Steve had been fighting since he was eight, and only Buck had been there to pull him from the fire, dress his wounds, and often fight with him. Buck partnered with him on schoolwork, tutoring each other when a subject was dumbfounding to one but not the other. Steve's genius mind quickly caught on when Buck explained things, after all.

Then as teenagers. Oh...this is where things got interesting. Sixteen, they were each other's first kiss and first fuck, and he knew it happened within the same session. They'd been upstairs in the attic of his family's house, checking out all of the knickknacks his parents refused to get rid of. It was around fourteen their statures changed, Bucky gaining more muscle as he hit the gym and did more labor intensive work, but sixteen they hadn't been too completely different in body build yet.

Okay he /really/ liked that memory. Shifting, he shook his head and when his eye caught green, he ended up focusing on Calla again, "Don't you work nights?"

"Shop's closed every other Saturday so I can have some me time, always closed on Mondays 'cause fuck Mondays. No, it's not consistent but whatever, it's only open noon to eight, anyway," Calla shrugged, looking at him, "I work here those Saturdays and Mondays in the daytime.

"What made you lay down with me?" Buck furrowed his brows, "Doesn't that mean you never get a day off?"

"That's the million dollar question, isn't it?" Calla smiled at him, "Yes, but I'm okay with that. Pepper still schedules me days off since it's required, but the days I don't work here I work at the shop. So. It's fine. At least I don't have to travel very far anymore just to go to work, damn it," she shook her head and sat up, "I sat with you...because the look on your face isn't one someone makes when they want to be alone. Simply, you didn't want to be disturbed by anybody here. Well, I'm not an Avenger, so I therefore don't count in your list of people not to see."

"You're observant, aren't you?" Buck laughed softly and also sat up, stretching, "You know how to find loopholes and make compromises."

"That's for sure. Just like what I'm going to do now," Calla jumped to her feet and reached out, taking Buck's hand and helping him up, too, and tugged him inside and to the elevator. "F.R.I.D.A.Y! Straight to the basement garage. No stopping for anybody!"

"As you command. Might I inquire your destination? I will only inform those who will not interfere, such as Mr. Stark and Miss Potts."

Calla clicked her tongue, "I understand the safety precaution. All I'll say is the river."

Bucky had no idea what was going on. What on earth was she thinking? He couldn't leave the Tower. What? Before he knew it they were at the ground floor and he was being led to Calla's car, a shimmering baby blue ford mustang, "I don't understand. Are you trying to get fired after just changing jobs?"

"Loopholes, my dear friend!" Calla opened the backdoor and motioned to him, "Lay down flat in the back. There's a blanket on the floor. Curl up in a ball if you gotta." While he did that she pulled keys off of her hip pack and slipped into the front seat. Once everything was settled she started the car up and pulled out, zooming into the city.

"The river? What in the world is so special about the river?" Buck called from his position hidden under the colorful blanket. "Calla, this is dumb. Why did I even let you drag me out?"

"I dunno, /Bucky/, you tell me. You could've stopped me at any time. Stood your ground and I wouldn't have been able to budge you. You let a tiny, five foot three woman haul your mopey ass up off of the landing pad and into the elevator. You're under my blanket letting me take you wherever it is I have in mind," Calla made another turn.

"You're not even going to ask 'why the long face?' or anything?" Buck asked, arching a brow even though she couldn't see it.

"Dude, you could be all sad and depressed about literally anything. If you wanna tell me you can tell me, but I'm not gunna invade your headspace. Which is why I let you say something first to begin with."

That made him pause and think about it. That was true. "How long did you lay with me?"

"Fifteen minutes, roughly. Maybe twenty. You owe me a lunch, since I didn't even clock out for this."

"Just ditching work. Pepper will be mad at you."

"Bucky Barnes, if Dylan's Angelina's caretaker then by God I can fight that I'm yours, so shut the fuck up about it and let me do my thing. Pepper will be /grateful/."

Laughing, he finally fell silent and settled further into the comfortable seat. She was good at driving stick, he noted.

He didn't realize he'd drifted off until they parked and they weren't moving anymore. Sitting up he stretched, letting the blanket fall to his lap, "What now?" he yawned.

"Now? You sit here for a while longer and let me get things ready. Keep your head down. I'll be back for you," Calla promised as she climbed out, locking the car with the button on her keys and Buck watched as she disappeared.

Ten minutes later, Buck winced as the light hit his eyes when Calla opened the door closest to his head, "Finally ready? I thought you forgot about me."

"Nah, how can I forget you?" Calla grinned and helped him out, no longer bothering keeping him masked. He didn't even have a hat. They got down to the docks and the people around him were either gaping or pulling out their phones. Calla led him to a yacht...which was on the small side, really, and climbed up the latter. Following suit, he barely managed to catch his balance when she ran to the front where the helm was and gunned the ship, causing it to lurch forward.

They were cruising along the river in no time at all. Anybody who could've caught them were left far behind and it was...

It was the best feeling. He felt so much more free here than at the Tower. Sure, he was confined, but he was /outside/, and really he wasn't /that/ stuck. Should anything happen he could just jump off the side into the water. Watching Calla he felt...something inside him click. Calla was another friend. A real friend, just like Steve and Natalia. He had kinda-sorta interacted with the others, mostly at mealtimes, but not so much besides. Calla tried. It struck him harder what she said before, about being his caretaker. She didn't need to clock out for this, just like Dylan hadn't needed to clock out when he took Angelina for pizza.

He wouldn't leave. He would ride out this shit storm with Steve and Angelina. He'd go on trial and give his two cents and then drop the bomb that Angelina is his daughter and that Steve's her Godfather and the press can go eat a dick. Breaking out into a huge smile, he made his way closer to Calla and he placed his hand on her shoulder, causing her to look at him with surprise, "Thank you."

Regarding him for a moment, Calla beamed right back at him, "You look like you made a decision."

"I did."

"Then...you're very welcome, Bucky."

~*~

When they got back /hours/ later, Buck went straight to the elevator and asked F.R.I.D.A.Y. to take him to where Steve was. His room it seemed to be. Perfect. Once there he momentarily felt bad, Steve hunched over in his couch, head in his hands looking miserable. He refused to let that bring him down right now, not when he was running high still.

"Stevie," he cooed.

That got Steve jumping to his feet like a rocket was strapped to his ass and Buck grinned at him, striding around the couch and he reached up, clasping both metal and flesh hand on his cheeks, stroking the cheekbones and pulled him down while he leaned up and gave him a firm kiss.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:30 pm

Steve couldn't believe this. Not really. He let himself indulge in it, kissing him back and holding him tightly on his hips. When they pulled away, Steve kept his eyes shut a bit longer. Just a bit longer. He didn't want this to fade away. "You remembered this?" He asked after a moment, hoarse with flooded emotions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:43 pm

To respond, Buck rubbed his hands on Steve's arms and whispered in his ear, "You don't have to do this alone, Stevie, 'cause I'm with you 'til the end of the line." He listened to Steve whimper softly and he kissed the spot behind Steve's ear he remembered was also a hotspot, "Things make so much more sense now. Why you stayed with me in the bar instead of going after Peggy since you really could've. Why you dove the plane." He nosed Steve's collarbone and kissed his neck softly where his pulse was thrumming fast.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:46 pm

"Did you overhear us talking?" Steve asked, his voice breathless as his mind was submerging itself like he was going underwater. Everything muted besides what Bucky was doing to make his skin hotter and his heart thrum like it was a hummingbird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:13 pm

Just like Steve was a terrible liar, Buck couldn't hold any secrets if Steve directly asked. "I did."

Step by step, Buck guided Steve to his bedroom, watching how Steve was almost in a trance, eyes still closed as if this was a dream. Their bodies weren't much different this time, either. Not like when he left for the war. Not like when they had some quick sessions in the forests of the camp with the Howlies not too far away. He had been so skinny, malnourished from the torture compared to Steve's beefy body from the serum and it had been a heady feeling having the roles reversed.

"You'll have to thank Calla, but not before I pay her back with the lunch I owe her," Buck smiled as he toed off his shoes, Steve only in socks anyway in his own personal space, and he sat Steve on the edge of the bed, carding his fingers through that golden blond hair, nails on his flesh scraping on his scalp just the way he liked, giving a tug towards the end that made him gasp and he pressed their mouths together again, settling between Steve's thighs, "I want to have that trial."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:34 pm

"You...what?" It snapped Steve out of the trance so fast, it nearly gave them both backlash. Bucky gripped on his hair a bit tighter, as if determined to get Steve to be compliant again. He let out a sharp whimper and he looked at him. "You...are you sure?" He didn't want to have Bucky do this. "We can handle this. You did enough. You..." Bucky forced him to shut up by kissing him and Steve let out an indignant sound.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:41 pm

Buck pushed Steve back onto the bed and pressed both hands to his chest, looking Steve dead in the eye, "Like I said, you'll have to thank Calla. She helped me come to a decision. I'll do the trial, but only after you're Anzhelina's Godfather officially. She knows we are going to use her as our wild card and we'll make it worthwhile. It's a shit storm right now, but I'll fight it. I'll fight the tides, do the trial, and get them turned around. I'm /not leaving you/."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:46 pm

Steve watched him, really looked at him. He was looking, searching to make sure that this was really what he wanted. He reached up and he brought his hand to Bucky's cheek, careful to make sure that it was gentle. This was a man that humans torn apart. This was a man who was broken and seen war. He didn't have to see this one. "Okay." He said softly.

"Give Barnes the dignity of his choice."

"Okay." He looked at Bucky. "But that means I'm doing it too. You know that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:05 pm

"I know," he agreed, leaning down and pressing their foreheads together, "I know you're with me, Steve. We can do this." He kissed him, and they melted into the bed, Buck showing Steve just what exactly he remembered. They could get through this together.

()
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:29 pm

Today was a challenge. Angelina was lying on the floor of the hotel room, the back of her hands on her forehead as she watched the ceiling fan go round and round. Dylan already came by, but she confessed that today she wanted to be left alone and he agreed. He told her to tell F.R.I.D.A.Y if she wanted to hang out. He didn't seem upset about it either. Concerned, but understood the need for space.

Everything was just a ceiling fan. Maria was sitting on her bed watching her on the floor. She heard a soft sound and Angelina froze, forcing her mind to go blank as she listened. When she heard the sound again, she sat up painstakingly slow and looked for her duffle that was in the corner of the room. Groaning, she crawled over to it and took out her little device that she made.

The little radio frequency breaker was beeping.

"Miss Friday?" Angelina asked the room.

"Yes?"

"Can you tell me where this is coming from?" Angelina held out the box to the ceiling, like F.R.I.D.A.Y could track it down.

"I'm searching for the signal now. It appears to be in France." F.R.I.D.A.Y replied. "It also appears to be an active Hydra cell."

"Does it?" Angelina brought the box down towards her chest. She took the box and placed it in her duffel bag. She zipped it up and took a breath in and out. The hotel walls weren't closing in, but she felt like the floor just flipped and she was standing on the ceiling. "Can I see Uncle Steve?"

"Go into the elevator and I'll take you up." F.R.I.D.A.Y agreed and Angelina walked into the elevator, rolling her shoulders back and trying to keep herself calm.

When the elevator got to Steve's floor. Steve was sitting by the window, sketching. When he looked at her, he seemed to be shocked.

"Come to France with me. Please?"

"What's going on?" Steve asked slowly, setting the sketchbook aside and standing up.

"You're gonna get what you want, Uncle Steve. We just need to go to France." Angelina persuaded. "Hydra cell. F.R.I.D.A.Y already has the proper location."

"I'll alert the Avengers and take who wants to come." Steve assured, ruffling Angelina's hair as he walked towards the elevator.

When it shut, Angelina bowed her head.

"Please don't hate me tată. I did my best."
~+~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:37 am

Even though F.R.I.D.A.Y had said that it was an active cell, there was nothing that was active. They had walked in with caution and a plan, but the cell was gathering dust and there was absolutely no one around. Angelina had walked close with them. They decided that since it could be trap, splitting off wasn't in /anyone's/ best interest even though Steve and Angelina themselves argued against it.

Bucky hadn't been all that amused Steve corrupted her onto his side.

But walking through the hallways and through certain rooms, Steve was starting to get the sense that Angelina was more leader than he was. She'd stand in a certain spot and look in a certain direction when a deadly trap wouldn't go off. Dylan standing and looking at it himself. He would touch her shoulder, she'd flinch, but they'd look at each other.

Sometimes Angelina would get a sudden fear and shove Steve, or Wanda, or Vision, or Calla, or even Bucky himself on occasion out of "harm's way". The trap wouldn't activate and Angelina only grew more paranoid.

Steve had a bad feeling that dragging Angelina here was frying at her nerves. He had started to relax a little, but not keeping his guard down. Everyone was doing the same since it was becoming more and more clear that this base didn't have anyone in it. Angelina was acting like someone could reactivate all these traps and he wondered if it was her mental abilities telling her that...or if something or someone was talking to Angelina in her head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:23 pm

"Fetiță you need to take a breath. What is it that we're here for?" Buck asked softly, "Are we getting close to where the signal would come from?"

Angelina had to stop in the middle of the hallway and /think/. Everything was turned off. There wasn't a signal yet a signal had been made. Even though it was a trap, it was a badly made one if they could get to the control room. She nodded her head and ran forward.

She didn't know why, but she felt like there was a bottom of a lake in her stomach right now. Cold and wet and icky. She felt like her heart was turning cold as ice too. She felt scared. She didn't feel this scared since she had watched her tată wipe and freeze for the first time.

She flung the door open to the control room, flipped the switch.

She screamed like someone had just been murdered in front of her.

Monitors were laid with darkened screens. Plenty of them smashed in decorating the floor below and the table with black glass. There were a few towers that had been powering the computers that were smashed as well, she could see wires sticking out of it. But what worried her the most was a long skinny door that was dented like someone had battled-rammed it. She ran over to that and flung the door opened, letting out another shriek as a spray of sparks showered over her. Wires were cut and ripped. There were computer chip fragments that fell out of the closet, breaking on impact further on the ground.

Vision went in first, instead of any of the others. When he saw made him suck his breath in, and he did a quick count before he let it out slowly. It was good he could fly, floating over the pieces to Angelina, "Is there anything we can do?" he asked, referring to her and himself, "You built this, did you not? There must be something you know, and I have powers over technology. I could pull things from the computers," he offered, using his powers to lift the computer chip fragments off the ground.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:31 pm

Angelina needed to focus. Her panic wasn't going to do anyone any good. She needed to think. What would she do if it was er father bleeding out in the middle of the street? She thought about what she'd do and she nodded a few times. "Activation codes. Not for solider for the computer. I built her to obey activation codes. I made some hidden ones. For secret files. Files they can't get. Can't reach. Personal notes on technology. Personality core." Her voice broke and her bottom lip trembled. She sucked in a hard breath and tried to continue, but she instead brought her arm up and hid her face in the crook of her elbow. She whined out a word, but it was hard to understand. "I'm so-sorry."

Vision was the only one who heard it, and he gently tapped her mind, 'Mother?'

Angelina nodded. She could feel a bloody nose coming on, but she just didn't care. She gritted her teeth and choked out another sob before saying, "Y-yeah. A-all I-I have so-some ti-mes."

Vision placed his hand on her head gently like he had seen Bucky do, "There is nothing more we can do but pick up the pieces, so let us get to it."

Buck watched as his daughter and Angelina moved around the room, Dylan only entering next to give Angelina a tissue for the bloody nose she started to spew, "I think we'll only be in the way. Let's finish checking out the base."

"Sounds like a good idea, I'll go with you," Calla agreed, and she looked at Steve, "You alright with that?"

"Yeah." Steve said softly. "I'll come with and see what else we can find." He stepped back and away so that Wanda, Vision, and Dylan could be with Angelina. He wished he could blow the base to high air, but he worried about how that would affect Angelina's mental state now that he knew that there was a system that she created and broken here. "I just keep finding things more and more that make me angry at Hydra." He admitted to them both.

"Cut off one head, two more shall rise," Buck echoed and sighed, "It's never ending, Steve. I think we knew that then, too. At least this time they're harder to find and not so mainstream."

"We're going to owe Natasha for that info dump that made it possible." Steve reached out and gently gripped Bucky's shoulder in comfort.

Buck nodded and Calla watched the two of them. She was glad they were together again after so long. But she wondered what that meant for her. Did she even have a chance? Probably not. Not with an icon who was in love with his battle brother and with that acceptance she just turned her gaze forward again, mindful of keeping her eye out for traps that may or may not be disabled, "You know there's always that one trap that gets missed even in a place like this. I just hope none of us find it."

"Is there any wood we can knock on so we can dispel the jinx?" Steve asked teasingly as he let his hand fall away from Bucky's shoulder. He took it into stride however, and kept his shield handy. "Buck..do you know this base by chance?"

"I didn't even know we had a station in France. For all I know there might be one in Ireland, though I hope not. I'd be pissed, since that'd be a great place to go vacation, see where your mum came from," Buck shrugged.

"I love that the American Hero is of Irish decent," Calla smirked in amusement.

"Whose better than a social outcast? People hated the Irish back then." He looked over at Bucky. "Bucky's family was all Catholic, which was a good thing when WW2 hit."

"I can imagine," Calla nodded.

"Did you go to those sermons with the Latin speaking priest? That was so weird," Buck commented, "Do you even remember any Latin?"

"Alquis." Steve grinned a little. "Though it's not a lot. It's mostly the bible that was in Latin and the sermons. They did away with those not too long ago it looks like. It's sad. Latin was a beautiful language to listen to. The hymns especially."

"Having you speak in another language is really sexy," Calla commented before she could stop herself which got a bark of laughter from Buck and she blushed hotly, "I'm sorry, ignore that. My mouth ran before my brain."

"Probably shouldn't speak French to the natives, then," Buck smirked at Steve.

"I'll just speak Gaelic." Steve retorted back at Buck. "Make it real awkward all the way around."

"Aren't you just the nicest person," Buck chuckled but he paused when he looked back up and saw a door in the hallway slightly ajar. Frowning, Steve and Calla both sobered up petty quickly as well as he moved towards it, gun at the ready before pushing the door open. His breath caught and he tensed up, eyes wide.

Calla came up behind him, peeking around his arm and made a soft little 'oh'. Inside was a huge floor to ceiling tube-like metal container. She could only assume that it was a cryo chamber, with how Bucky was staring at it. The room was clear, and she stepped inside further, noticing a strew of folders and papers on a nearby desk close to the container and walked over to it.

Steve frowned at the sight, walking over towards the chamber and then turned around. He could almost picture it. The agents surrounding the chamber, making sure that the temperatures were correct before defrosting and activating. How a little girl would wait patiently hidden in a corner, waiting until everyone disappeared so she could see her father's face and take courage that he was still there somehow someway.

It made him sick.

It made his heart break.

He was going to have to really attempt to go to Church and thank god that Bucky was here with him. That Angelina was safe from harm. That he had a chance to redeem his family.

"Steve...these..." Calla's voice had grown much thicker with emotion, "These are Angel's." She was picking up the flyaway pages and tried to reorganize them into the folders, but her eye kept catching sentences and each one made her more sad.

/"The Soldier was being prepped for wipe when he caught sight of the white-haired girl from the window. The recognition on his face was evident. Like a neon light being lit on a dark night. I had heard other scientists mention his pleading before, but I did not believe the machine we created was capable of sounding, and I quote 'pitiful' unquote until I heard it myself. He pleaded for us not to make him forget her again. Fascinating. What happened next with the little rabbit was even more so, however..."/

Calla hiccuped and didn't realize she was even crying. Quickly she moved the papers away from her face before she could get her teardrops on them and shut the file with the last page in place.

"It's like a train wreck, isn't it?" Buck hummed, smile hallow and glacier eyes cold, "You just can't look away once you start. Sorry, Steve. Yeah, I remember this place now." He went over to Calla and slid his flesh arm around her, pulling her away from the desk gently while Steve took her place.

Steve carefully took the files. They were light in his hands, but he knew that the words were going to be heavy. If it made Calla cry at just the sight of one, then Steve knew that he couldn’t prepare himself. He flipped open to one of the random pages.

кролик killed agent 14.” Was the firs statement. “Targeted his stomach and disembowled him after he tried to choke her out and moved his leg between hers. We warned the Agent not to do anything sexual like that, as she’s starting to become rabid.

Steve stared in shock.

He flipped towards the beginning, just to see what it said.

кролик has been reported looking in on procedures again. Punishments by physical torture are no longer working. She’s starting to build a resistance to them and has started to find a masochist liking for them. Working on new methods of punishment of the physical kind.

Agent 189 had offered the suggestion of sex to tame her. It’s possible that it is how the Solider was seduced to leave his post to begin with. Possible research is required. Since Agent 189 was the one who came up with the idea, he’s the one that gets to test it out.

Agent 189’s punishment has been successful.

Steve closed the file, not bothering to read the rest. He knew that he would have to take it with him and read it away from Bucky and Calla. This was why Bucky didn't want to know. He couldn't imagine telling him what he just read. He couldn't imagine the reaction that he'd have.

"Your face...I'll stick with what I know, and leave it at that," Buck said simply, still rubbing Calla's back while she was trying to gather her bearings again. She was a tough agent, he'd give her that. "Let's...go back and see what Vision and Angel were able to gather."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:10 pm

After what they'd found, they didn't quite want to go back across the pond. Bucky's trial was scheduled for the end of the week, so they had to leave in the morning, but tonight...they would just rest in France. Bucky barely let Angelina go, Calla was far from her bright self, and Vision and Wanda knew better than to read Steve's mind, though Angelina hugged him just as much as her father. Bucky was so very thankful Steve was now legally her family.

Dylan watched it all, and when it came time for them to part after dinner, not that any of them ate much, Vision and Wanda retreated to their separate room. Dylan didn't want to go into his shared space with Calla. Hell, he very badly wanted to tell Steve to go bunk with her instead. Frowning, he went out onto the Terrance where Angelina was and stubbornly sat down on the floor of it where she was leaning against the railing looking out at the city. "I wish I had my laptop."

“Tactical error.” Angelina sounded raw, her voice still scratchy from the sobbing and the heavy sadness that was weighing down on her. She picked at her socks, looking sad. “We didn’t bring cards either.”

"Play patty-cake with me. We don't even have to do the dumb chant, just the rhythm," Dylan told her.

Angelina felt like crying again. She wiped at her eyes before any could fall and she held her hands out. They started the rhythm and sped up. When they made a mistake, a twitch of the lips or a teasing jab ensued, but soon enough Angelina was laughing every time she failed and falling over and Dylan was cracking up too.

"How many times has your nose bled today?" Dylan asked, though it was more rhetorical, his voice and expression fond before he reached into his pocket and grabbed a napkin. Unlike the other times while she was busy, he leaned forward and pressed it under her nose, "C'mon, let's get you to the bathroom so you don't bleed all over the balcony," he coaxed her up and guided her with his arm around her shoulders and once they were in the private safety of the bathroom, he carded his fingers in her hair while she leaned over the sink, "I'm glad I was able to make you laugh."

"I'm sorry I'm on a blood trigger." Angelina groaned as she ran the sink and tried to wash her hand while watching the warm blood drip. "I think this is twice now."

"It's alright, Angie, you don't have to apologize to me," Dylan promised, rubbing her back, "I'm here for you. You know, it's okay to cry, or tell me what's on your mind. I know you can read mine, but...yeah..." he sighed, "I want to know what it is that has Steve and Calla looking so miserable."

Angelina knew that Steve was probably talking to Bucky or at least getting some comfort from him. Her father was probably was trying to hold him together in some fashion. She spat out blood from her mouth since some of it did go down her lips and she took a breath. "Uncle Steve wanted to know why my sanity broke."

"I would've thought just living under Hydra would do the trick, but this sounds very specific," Dylan furrowed his brows, brushing her hair from her cheeks so it wouldn't get in her face and the white wouldn't be tainted with red.

Angelina waited a moment and carefully pushed herself up and away from the sink. She licked her lips and sighed. She touched her nose and was thankful that it came away with a faint trace. "...I'm part super-solider Dyl-dal. So far the only one ever known in existence. Uncle Steve doesn't have pups. Only my tată. I'm the only pup so far."

"I understand that," Dylan nodded, letting her take her time, "It wasn't willing for Bucky, but yeah, I know."

Angelina's shoulders slumped. "It wasn't willing for either of us. I never knew I had a dad. Mom didn't like me all that much I guess. I was in an orphanage. I met this man. He was scary looking with goggles and a mask. I was five. You think I'd be scared. But I was...looking at someone familiar. Explosions hit. I was scared. But he didn't leave me. Later on, I remember a cold bed, a needle in my skin, and people staring at me like I was supposed to /be/ something. I begged for him to come back. I didn't know his name. So. I called him tată. Why else would he save me?"
So that was how. An abandoned child saved by a man who took her under his wing. Father. Protector. Dylan stroked her cheek with his fingers, "That makes sense. I would be scared, too. I'm glad they didn't try brainwashing with you. Probably thought they could indoctrinate you with you being so young, anyway."

"I was experimented on?" Angelina offered. "No point in having two super soldiers. They wanted to see me advance. I guess they thought if tată died in battle or something, they wouldn't have to worry about making a new serum. They created other Soldiers...but I think they wanted to compare."

Dylan tilted his head at her, "Torture. That would break my mind, but probably in more in a way they did to Bucky since I'm an adult."

Angelina nodded. "Torture. Medical experiments. Determining how drugs would affect the body. Determining how fast my heal-rate is. They made me exercise too when I grew a bit bigger. I was ten when they thought they could train me to fight. But like I told you before. Didn't fight. I killed. I was punished. For a while punishments were tortures they didn't use. Drugs they thought too dangerous. But I kept killing because I knew that they wouldn't stop. Instinct told me to end it. Not keep going. So they came up with a new punishment." Her eyes closed and her shoulders slumped. "They did what mom did to tată."

Dylan didn't suck in a breath, didn't look shocked. He looked...exasperated, fed up, but not at her. He reached out and brought her into a tight hug, "I had a feeling..." he murmured softly, "It makes my blood simmer, of course it does, but you know what? You're not in that life now. You're safe, none of us will let that happen to you. There's no use adding more hated to the mix, because Steve and Buck have had seventy years of it pent up. Hydra will get what's coming to them, Angie, so all I gotta do is sit back, watch the show, and be satisfied when they take down another base, punch or shoot another snake."

"I'm worried about them." Angelina confessed softly, hugging Dylan back just as tight and nuzzled his neck. "Tată can't know and Uncle Steve wears his heart on his sleeve."

"Calla must've read a little bit but not enough," Dylan frowned, "I don't think Buck wants to know let along that he can't. Steve...I don't think he knows how to be happy, I swear. If he does then he hasn't proved it."

Angelina sighed. "I told Uncle Steve where to look. Cuz he wanted to know. I think I was just tired of keeping it secret, Dyl-dal. I think I was just hoping that if someone knew, and loved me anyway, I was going to be okay. I didn't think this through."

Dylan paused at that, and he hummed and purposefully kept his mind blank. He had asked Wanda and Vision to teach him how, if he needed to, when they told him Angelina wanted to practice how to use her mind capabilities better. Taking her hand after pulling away, he led her out of the bathroom and to the balcony again. He smiled at her, "Close your eyes, Angie."

Angelina closed her eyes, knowing better than to throw her hands up to them since that's considered cheating. She felt her lips curve into a small smile wondering what he was planning on doing.

Dylan pulled away from her and he glanced through the flowers in the potted plants. There wasn't much to choose from, and he didn't know flower meanings very well, but he picked out a pink one since pink was generally the one to go for what he wanted to do. Turning back to her, he tickled it under her nose just to be playful, "You can open them now."

Angelina opened her eye and grinned happily at the flower. "Dyl-dal!" She squealed before jumping on him and hugging him tight. "Thank you! I'll be yours!"

Dylan burst into a wide grin and held her, rocking her from side to side and he allowed himself to kiss her temple sweetly, "See? I know, and you're okay. Everything works out in the end, Angie."

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:16 pm

The room was cold, empty because Dylan hadn't shown up yet, and Calla was just staring out the window, face blank but her mind going a mile a minute. She didn't want to be alone, but how did she ask for some company without...sounding whiny and unable to handle what happened? Sure she didn't get shot at, no one was injured, it was a smooth mission for once according to the others, but...those files and the computer information that was gathered was definitely something. She hadn't read anything awful, not like she read a full page on Bucky's torture and got all the gory, juicy details. Yet...just the idea of constantly forgetting and remembering...that sort of cycle...to see your daughter the few moments before you're about to forget her again, that he /knew/ that he forgot her before was just...

Heart-wrenching.

Calla curled up on the couch in the bedroom she was given when she heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" she called, her voice cracking. Quickly she checked her cheeks and cursed under her breath, wiping her eyes and sniffing. She didn't realize she'd started crying again.

Steve carefully opened the door but he didn't come straight in. He lingered at the door for a moment, watching Calla. He took a moment to study her before he started walking over towards where she was sitting down. He kept his distance polite since he didn't know what she needed from him. "What part of the file?"

"You've read it all already, yeah?" Calla asked back, glancing up at him, motioning to the other end of the couch in offering.

Steve smiled and took the offer, leaning heavily against the back of it as he tilted his head back to stare at the ceiling. "She's stronger than us." He said after a moment. "Her mind broke. Chronic migraines, chronic nosebleeds, and yet she hangs around Dylan. She sees Bucky as family. Loves me. Even Buck would say that he wouldn't blame her at all for not feeling anything. To become apathetic." He smiled slightly. "But you know, even though a lot of bad things happen to her, I still managed to find /one/ thing in there that made me want to hug her and scream at Hydra that they lost."

"Is that so? I'd like to know what that part is," Calla smiled back at him, grateful to turn her frown upside down, "The part I read that upset me...what when they called him pathetic for pleading not to forget her again. It wasn't actually about Angelina, it was about Bucky."

"I read that." Steve felt his heart break again. "I read that he would see her from time to time before he got wiped. Sometimes he wouldn't remember and sometimes he'd remember too late. But she still found the strength to love him and I think that's what made Hydra fail the most. Bucky only had moments. Fleeting seconds and sometimes only a few days to love her. But Angelina loved him through everything. Unconditional. Hydra thought they were building a new weapon. Thought that they were creating a new source to gain super soldiers. They never once thought that all they were doing was giving Angelina the tools to create her revenge. Starting with that computer and ending with her faith and loyalty."

"After learning that she hacked F.R.I.D.A.Y. I wasn't surprised really to see she more or less built her own mainframe computer, that sent her a /signal/ to alert her to being tampered," Calla admitted, "I hope she was able to recover enough information, it was trashed pretty badly."

It broke Angelina's heart. Steve could imagine what that'd be like. If someone came in and ripped through his sketches back when he was in Brooklyn in 1930. He'd be spitting mad and angry and Bucky would be either in the fight with him or trying to pull him away before he wound up flat on his ass. "Bucky's going to go on trial. He's going to drop the bomb that he has a daughter and that I'm guarding her."

"I remember. The media is buzzing about the date of his trial. I also read somewhere in one article that they were amazed he was the one who was adamant about having one. I think Bucky told Pepper it was okay to say that," Calla nodded, "Steve...something's bothering me, outside of what we learned. What made them leave so quickly that would make them leave files like that laying around?"

Steve shook his head sadly. "I don't know. Could be they were hoping someone would come looking. Could be that they want the Winter Solider trapped in a cell and that they thought if congress or something went looking to see if Angelina's files were true...well...they wouldn't have to look far."

Calla furrowed her brows and rubbed her arms. It was June now, but the chill of May was still lingering around. Her birthday was coming up the day after Bucky's trial, but that was the furthest thing from her mind right now. It wasn't important, just a realization. Shrugging to her own thoughts, she looked back at Steve, "What's your next goal, anyway? Now that you got your hands on what you wanted?"

"Get Bucky through that trial alive." Steve said after a moment. "Love on Angelina and make sure she knows, and understands that I care about her. Take a run or punch a punching bag for a bit." More like hours, but what she didn't know couldn't hurt. "Maybe call Sam and ask him to hang out. He's a breath of fresh air. You'd like him."

"Don't you go for runs with him in the morning at Prospect Park? Isn't there...like, /no one/ around that early?" Calla got an idea and she perked up.

"I do." Steve nodded. "But he's back in Harlem right now. Visiting his family. He wants me there for Fourth of July so he's prepping. Sam Wilson with a plan is /not/ a man to jerk around with. He'll not only go through with his plan, but he'll make it more of a pain in the ass. Buck will like him too I think. Since Sam's forgiven him for the ripping wing incident."

Calla grinned, "When you get the chance you should take Bucky and/or Angelina with you for a run with Sam," she offered, "That party sounds like loads of fun."

"You're coming with to it. Sam's going to invite everyone in the Avengers. You deserve a time to let your hair loose. I mean down. Fuck." Steve groaned. "Sorry. I get mixed up on the slang."

"I get the gist," Calla grinned wide at him. She had had her hair up for the mission and had honestly forgot it was still in a bun. That would hurt when she slept, so she reached up and pulled the pin and tie out, watching his face as he followed the waves, "I really should teach Angelina how to do more braided styles, I miss them," she hummed, putting the tie on her wrist and the pin in her jacket pocket she was still wearing also. No one had sleepwear, just were going to bed in what they had on their backs.

"I think she really would like that. She adores you." Steve said to Calla gently. "Not as much as Dylan, but I think her adoration for Dylan differs from her admiration of you."

Calla laughed, "Bonding over hair will do that. It's a girl thing, I couldn't explain it to you." She stood up finally and stretched from being in that position so long, "We really should sleep. We have an early morning. Thank you, Steve...for coming to check on me. Do you feel better, too?"

"I do." Steve stood up and hesitated as he went by the door. "Um...have a goodnight Calla." He gave her a bashful smile as he quickly left the room.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:58 pm

When Sam said that his lungs were going to take a beating by super soldiers, this wasn't what he thought was going to happen. He was laying down on his back, spread eagled and staring up at the sun as he tried to get his breath back. He just ran with Captain America and the Winter Solider. Who were currently doubled over laughing.

It was both the best thing that happened to him and the worst. "Sam." Draco took a hard breath in. "You're a masochist." He was heavily accented, clearly showing that English wasn't the first language that he spoke, but it was beautiful.

"You asked for this, Draco!" Sam heaved beside him, their feet touching as he was sprawled under his usual tree, flipping Steve and Bucky off as Bucky wiped tears from his eyes, "I thought 'on your left' was bad! Now I gotta listen to 'on your right' now, too!"

"I haven't gotten to bust out my speed in so long," Buck beamed brightly at Steve, reaching down and peeling his sweatshirt off of his body which was all sweaty now, and tied it around his waist, "The cool morning air feels so good in the chest."

"You two were racing like the devil himself was at your heels, good god," Sam thumped his head on the tree trunk, then shuffled through the backpack he'd left there and pulled out for water bottles, tossing them to the super soldiers who caught them effortlessly and peeled himself off of the tree to plant Draco's in his hand.

"Careful Buck you're making the old ladies swoon." Steve waved at a couple of indeed eighty year old ladies who were unabashedly looking over and giggling to each other. He caught the water bottle and cracked it open. "Hey so, since we kicked your ass and we destroyed your new love, why don't we treat you to that coffee place?"

"I hear the words coffee and I feel like a new man." Draco groaned as he placed the water bottle on his forehead. "Now if I can get up...that will be a miracle."

"Here, I love you so much I'll help you sit up. Ain't I a nice guy?" Sam grunted as he grabbed Draco's wrists and used his own body weight to life the dead weight forward, catching him by the shoulder and keeping him steady.

"You'd probably leave me there to rot just to be little shit," Bucky accused Steve, pointing at Sam and Draco, "That's true love, helping a man when he's down."

"Aka helping a man when he's being a lazy pile," Sam corrected.

"I am not being lazy." Draco protested. "I just like being carried every once in a while."

"Aw. That's just too sweet." Steve grinned brightly.

"Unlike you Mr. Leave Your Friend Behind." Draco grumbled.

"He knows the drill. I'd just drag him across the ground till he had enough rocks hitting his head." Steve shrugged.

Bucky stuck his tongue out at Steve before a smirk crept on his face, "Hey, Steve."

"What?" Steve asked, turning towards Buck and noting the mischievous glint in his eye.

"Betcha you wouldn't leave Calla behind to suffer or drag her across the ground."

"Wait what? Calla? Who's she?" Sam immediately asked as he watched Steve's face morph.

"She's an agent from S.H.I.E.L.D. that Bucky's /daughter/ begged to stay." If Bucky was going to throw him down the rabbit hole, then Steve was going to drag him down kicking and screaming. "She's an artist."

Draco was snickering a little. It was like watching children trying to out do each other, only these were adults trying to out-do each other in being horrible. It was really funny to watch. He didn't know S.H.I.E.L.D nor much about the trail, but he could keep up.

"She's /also/ the person Steve bought a cupcake for her birthday, which was the day after my trial and while everyone was celebrating with me, Steve's picture-perfect memory couldn't /possibly/ forget from Calla's files when her birthday was," Bucky shot back.

"I can see why Steve is liked." Draco grinned as Steve stuttered trying to find /something/ to attack Bucky with. "But I was still told that there was coffee and I will leave you three to bicker like children and wander these dangerous streets alone if I must."

Steve shot Draco a grateful look. "You're my new best friend."

"I've been replaced and I'm okay with that," Buck grinned triumphantly.

Sam gave him a head nod. After Bucky had been found not guilty and cleared of all charges, the atmosphere had changed significantly, "I'm glad you're happy, man. C'mon, Draco, up we go," he helped his boyfriend from sitting to standing and grabbed his workout backpack.

~*~
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:24 am

Both Bucky and Draco were a bit confused when both Steve and Sam requested a waitress named Zanna. Steve always allowed rotation because he knew the girls worked hard for the tip that they earned and he would always double the amount. Yet for both Sam and Steve to request the same waitress made them both wonder what it was about her that brought them to her section.

They were seated and they had time to go over the small menus of coffee, baked pastries, and small breakfast items when a young girl dressed in the yellow blouse and black skirt uniform came up to them. Her name tag read Suzanna. "Hey strangers."

"Hey Zan." Steve grinned warmly at the girl. She been through some hard times trying to get through college. Steve always did his best to slip her something extra since he knew she played on the street sometimes in order to get some extra money for whatever she needed. "I want to introduce you to Bucky Barnes, my friend, and Sam's new boyfriend Draco. Draco. Bucky. This is Zanna. Or Zan."

"Ohmigosh the Bucky Barnes? I'm gonna be awkward real quick and just say that I did a history paper on you not too long ago." Zanna confessed to Bucky. "Your trial had me glued to my T.V, I think my brother thought I died in my dorm."

"That paper was a killer." Steve admitted, rubbing his forehead. "I'm no good with words and she's too good with them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:37 pm

"You...you wrote a paper on me?" Bucky blinked owlishly at her. He thought she looked a bit familiar but he swore he never saw her before. Her hair was blond, more brown at the roots to give it a sort of sandy shade, but he could tell it was natural, and her eyes were a very bright, warm brown.

"You should totally bring it with you tomorrow so he can read it. He might even sign it for you and you can show all your friends and make them super jealous," Sam grinned brightly at her, "After all, who usually gets to interact with celebrities on a regular basis let alone super heros?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:06 pm

"What friends? My life's being sucked in by work and rent and hell." Suzanna rolled her eyes fondly. She turned to Bucky and smiled warmly. "I did. I'll bring it by tomorrow if you're here and you can read it. You don't have to sign it. I don't abuse things like that. My section is your safe spot. Paparazzi and rabid fans can't talk to you unless they go through me or if you don't care. If you want to be left alone, I leave you alone until you need me. I have good ears and fast reflexes, so you don't have to worry about startling me. I have yet to spill coffee on a guest."

"I see why you like her." Draco was highly amused. "It seems the reporters have much to fear around you."

"I have a tray!" Suzanna beamed holding it up proudly. "I know how to use it on people. I also have a notepad and a pen."

"Can you put that pen and notepad to use?" Steve teased her. "We're all dying for a coffee."

"That includes me." Draco agreed.

"Just a black coffee for you with sugar and a dash of cream." Suzanna didn't bother jolting it down before turning to Draco. "Just black coffee for you?"

"Sugar as well."

"Sweet." Suzanna turned to Bucky. "How about you, Bucky-boy? Something sweet? Something bitter? Something you never had before and want me to get creative?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:34 pm

Bucky licked his lips a bit, "I haven't...had the luxury of trying different things with coffee. I've just been having it black...sugar and cream would be treats once in a while. I think that's why Angel doesn't like it..."

Sam took pity on the poor man, "Do you like caramel?"

Buck blinked, "I do? I've had hard and soft caramels and caramel apples are always good."

"Let's start him off with a caramel macchiato and I'll mix things up with a caramel frap," Sam grinned at Zan, "I mean, if he likes what I get I can always swap."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:48 pm

Zan grinned warmly. "I'll be back with those drinks." She winked before tapping the table and leaving. Steve watched her go with a smile and a shake of his head.

"I know that we were teasing you about Calla," Draco said curiously. "But is it actually Suzanna that's captured your interest?"

"God no." Steve looked horrified. "She's like thirteen. She's the one that helped me decide on the cupcake to get for Calla. Makes the century feel a little more like home if I'm honest." He turned to Bucky. "I got to tell you this story. I first walk in here and I was drawing and she never said a word to me. So when I got a refill I said thanks but I accidentally called her doll and I was about to go all over myself to apologize, but she called me sugar and it was horribly awkward and we just cracked up laughing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:16 pm

"She's not thirteen, though? Or is that a figure of speech?" Buck furrowed his brows at Steve, confused.

"Haha, just a turn of phrase, man, don't worry about it. Twenty-four, just had her birthday at the end of March," Sam explained soothingly, "So what type of cupcake did you end up getting Calla? What's she like?"

"She helped me escape the Tower for a little while. She has the tiniest yacht you could possibly have, but it was really nice and that's when I came to the conclusion that I wanted to do the trial," Buck told Sam.

"Really? She snuck you out and didn't get fired or otherwise in big trouble?" Sam stared at Bucky.

"No, because as she even pointed out, if Dylan is Angelina's caretaker then Calla dubbed herself mine. Since she was taking /care/ of me, nothing happened," Buck explained, watching Steve as he did so. He hadn't told him exactly what happened, just that he had come to a decision and to thank her.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:28 pm

Steve had to laugh. So that was why he needed to thank her. "I understand. I guess the cupcake for a birthday was a poor excuse. Should've done more if she went all out for you." He turned to Draco. "So what about you, Draco?"

"I am merely a war vet." Draco smiled warmly as he held his hands out peacefully. "Sam was doing a group session and I gained courage to speak about my nightmares. Of what I saw when I closed my eyes. He took me for lunch and we grew closer. We were mostly communicating by Skype for a while. I told him about my village and about my sister. He told me about his family. In the end I got to meet them. And now I meet his other family."

Steve felt his heart swell and he looked at Sam with watery eyes. He didn't realize that Sam considered them to be family. Sure he went to the Wilson Family Christmases and Easters and knew every niece and nephew and played with them. Sure those nieces and nephews started calling Steve "Uncle" as well, but...he just didn't realize.

"Family means a lot to him." Draco continued, like he didn't just drop a bomb on the table. "It means a lot to me. So it's actually an honor that I get to meet you. Exactly as that."

"Jesus Sam." Steve groaned. "You picked someone whose more talented with words than Zan."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   

Back to top Go down

Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next