CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:32 pm

"Dude, you have no idea. You should listen to his philosophy on life at a campfire or just at night under the moon in general. He gets deep and he made my dad cry manly tears!" Sam pointed out, "And of course you're family, you bonehead. I housed you when SHIELD lost their minds and fought beside you against all odds."

"Steve you really can be dense sometimes," Buck agreed with a fond yet teasing smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Suzanna slipped by. She placed a tall glass of whipped cream and caramel drizzle in front of Sam, a mug of whipped cream and caramel drizzle in front of Bucky and then she placed two empty mugs in front of Steve and Draco. She placed down some sugar blocks that were in interesting shapes and a small milk dish. She poured coffee, making sure there was room and set it back on the tray. "Do you want me to stay here and see your reaction to the caramel, or do you want me to leave ya alone Bucky-boy?" Suzanna asked kindly.

Steve took the miniature tongs and placed three sugars into the coffee before splashing it with milk. He gently pushed the sugars to Draco who gratefully only put two in and stirred while they waited for Bucky's response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:52 pm

"Bucky-boy...did you used to call me that when we were kids sometimes?" Buck asked Steve, "Or was that the Howlies being teasing? Both?" He shook his head, and took a sip of his mug while Sam stirred around his glass, the ice clinking in it and it looked almost like a shake. The espresso in the macchiato buzzed on his tongue and the sweetness from the whipped cream and caramel slid across his taste buds. It was still bitter in a way as if he was drinking it black, but with more cream and sugar in it than he normally used. It was great. "Thanks, Suzie. This is amazing."

"Ooooh no you didn't," Sam just gaped at him like he had the dirtiest mouth and even Steve looked like a /real/ bomb had just been dropped.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:11 pm

"Because I wrote a paper on you and because you don't know my deep, deep hatred for that name I will let it slide." Suzanna said, though her voice dropped dangerously. "Zan or Zanna or if you're feeling fancy Suzanna. But for the love of anything that you find sacred, you do not call me /Suzie/. I am not a doll. Well. Unless Steve calls me a doll." She patted Steve's shoulder kindly. "Then that's different. But I wasn't kidding. I am armed with a tray. I'm good at using it."

"Oh man I thought i was about to witness a murder." Steve admitted. "And in answer, neither one of us called you Bucky-boy. That's Suzanna's unique nickname for you. She gives one to people she likes."

Draco stared in surprise. "I'm glad he took the beating instead of me. I would've let it slip."

"And now, you know better." Suzanna smiled at Draco. "Don't worry, Dragon. I would've given you a firm talking to too." She was about to wander off when she noticed the hostess bringing a boy with casual shirt and jeans and a girl with white hair loose pigtails wearing a red summer dress that had Captain America symbols on it.

"Awwwwwwwwww!" Suzanna squealed. "You brought a girlfriend to /introduce/ me to. Oh Dylan you /shouldn't/ have." She teased as she walked over to the girl in white and held her hand out. "I love your freckles. I'm Suzanna. I'm Dylan's twin sister. It's a pleasure to meet you. Angie right?"

Angelina was shocked to see her dad and Uncle Steve in the coffee shop, but even more surprised when Dylan's twin sister approached her. Dylan told her that he had a twin sister who was into Anime too. "Nice to meet you." Angelina smiled as she shook her hand. "Dyl-dal didn't tell me much."

Suzanna got a wicked gleam in her eyes. "Dyl-dal huh?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:26 pm

"I /love/ my nickname, /Suzie/, thank you," Dylan smirked at her.

It didn't matter that Sam watched Dylan physically tense and close his eyes in preparation the second before impact, because when Zanna demonstrated her skill with the tray the thum of it hitting his head reverberated through the cafe, causing a pause in conversation. "She could give you a run for your money with the shield, Steve."

"/Siblings/," Buck stared, jaw-dropped as Zan's next move while Dylan was stunned from the tray was to stomp hard on his foot, "/Twins/. I thought she looked familiar but this is the first time I met her. Now I know why. They're identical twins."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:36 pm

"I almost want to give it to her and see what she can do with it, but at the same time I know she'd just drop it." Steve admitted as he watched the scene unfold. He turned to Bucky. "I didn't know she had a twin until just now if I'm honest. I knew she had a brother. Just never really clicked."

"Ah, family." Draco cooed like this was a normal every day occurrence and expression of love.

Angelina gasped in horror as she watched Suzanna hit her brother and stomp on his foot. While he was still stunned, she shoved him into a chair next to a table and pulled one out for Angelina, smiling bright like nothing out of the ordinary happened. "Sorry my brother's a dick." She said sweetly to Angelina. "Bucky told me that you don't like coffee that's black, and since sweets and cream are treats and what not I'm supposing they were a bit lacking."

Angelina nodded, a little surprised that her father mentioned that to a complete stranger.

"Why don't you try a flavored latte or cappuccino. If you're not a huge coffee drinker, I know how to make flavored ice-teas." Suzanna beamed at Angelina before turning back to the four who were talking. "And that's why you never call me Suzie." She said as she passed them happily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:52 pm

"Noted," Buck said, though he smirked instead of cowering and sipped his mug.

"I think your friend really has a death wish this time. I don't like that face he's making," Sam told Steve.

Dylan rubbed his head and grunted before he looked up at Angelina, smiling bright at her, "It's a good thing I started to wear steel-toe shoes a very long time ago just so she wouldn't crush my feet."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:56 pm

"I thought I was the one that's suicidal?" Steve questioned looking at Bucky. "Well, then again. If Dylan marries Angelina then Zan's practically a daughter-in-law so he's gonna to annoy her as one just to see if she's thick-skinned enough to stick around the Barnes family."

Draco sipped his drink with a shake of his head, a smile on his lips.

Angelina looked a little worried at Dylan, but decided that since he wasn't in too much pain nor was in any danger, she could relax. "She doesn't like the name." She noted and she looked at the menu that was on the table. "Tată must really like her a lot to tell her those things about the coffee. What sweets mean." She looked over at the booth where her father, Uncle Steve and two other males were sitting at the table with before turning back to Dylan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:05 am

"He must, and trust her, too, since they do," Dylan nodded, "My sister and I are like any other siblings, really. We love to annoy each other but we love each other. You don't have any biological siblings, but I've noticed Wanda is trying to be big sister, which is a start. Maybe Zanna will like you enough to annoy you at some point," he grinned, "She means well, just so you know. If anything she does confuses you just ask."

"Did you and your sister act like that and that's why you're totally okay with Dylan almost having a new nose?" Sam asked Draco.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:12 am

Draco merely smiled at Sam as he took another sip of his drink before setting it down. "All siblings fight." He explained. "My sister has a temper but she's gentle. I have a temper, but I try to calm it down. Sometimes we explode at one another. Sometimes we're able to talk things through. But other people in my village who have siblings go at it exactly like that." Draco nodded towards the table. "It's nice to know that siblings are the same."

"Village?" Steve looked at Draco. "I noticed the accent."

"It's far away." Draco said kindly. "Down by Wakanda which is also hidden. I won't say things further. But our village is nomadic. So. What was there one season isn't there for another. A hard way to live, but beautiful."

"I can imagine." Steve smiled.

Angelina smiled. "Wanda's a good sister." She said gently. "Vision is a good brother too. I wish that I could help her with her real brother. I know she misses him. I like your sister so far. She's kind. She has the same mental wave you do. Things don't bother her much, do they? Unless it's a name or money."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:23 am

"He's told me quite a bit, but that cane be saved for another day. Hey, Buck, here...I said I'd let you try my frap," Sam slid his drink over.

Tilting his head, Buck took it and swirled the straw in it before taking a sip. Eyes widening he stared at the glass, "This is /amazing/."

"Ha! I thought so!" Sam beamed proudly, "You can have that, I'll ask Zan to bring me another."

"That's okay, I'll get it tomorrow," Buck promised, sliding it back with a wide smile.

"If you're sure," Sam nodded.

"Yeah, money is her biggest issue right now, but hates help and would rather work hard for every penny. Since I switched to the Avenger Tower she keeps texting me telling me to tell Steve to stop leaving her such big tips. Which I don't, but it's funny," Dylan grinned and he waved over at the others.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:33 am

"Frappichinos are you thing then Bucky-boy?" Suzanna said appearing as if by magic as she came back with another pot of coffee. She poured a refill for Steve and Draco before slipping her hand down her apron's pocket and flipping it to the check, giving it to Steve. "Because I know whose paying this."

"You're a mind reader." Steve joked as he took the check and had to double over so that Sam wouldn't leap across the table to try to steal it from him. "Thanks Zan!" He called to her muffled.

Suzanna burst into laughter a she walked over to her brother's and girlfriend's table. "Decided on what you want to try Angie-sweet?"

Angelina blushed bright red as she looked at Dylan frightfully. "Um. I think that I might try the...um." She fidgeted. "Flavored tea."

"What flavor do you wanna try?" Suzanna asked patiently, not even fidgeting with her pen or looking like she was trying to find a way to escape.

Angelina looked like a deer in headlights and Suzanna smiled warmly. "Do you want me to surprise you?"

"Yes." Angelina replied fervently. "I'm sorry. I don't know things."

"Hey it's cool sweetie. It's not every day I get to make a surprise tea. Do you mind fruit at all? Lemonade?" Angelina shook her head. "Awesome. I know what to make you. How about you bro? Going to make do something difficult or are you going to be nice to me?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:39 am

"Nah, I already used the name card, I'll play nice. I'm on a date, anyway, don't want you poisoning me for payback," Dylan grinned, then nodded at Angelina, "Don't be too afraid. Sounded like Buck didn't know what he wanted, either. Zanna will take care of you two," he promised and then finally responded, "I'll take a cinnamon roll and that new tea you guys came out with not too long ago."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:46 am

Zanna smiled brightly and she looked at Angelina. "Sam told him to try a caramel macchiato. To be honest, caramel's not all my favorite." At Angelina's look she shrugged. "I'm boring. It's either peppermint, pumpkin spice, or french vanilla for me. He's gonna be here a lot. I get that feeling. I hope that means you tag around too." She patted Angelina on the shoulder and walked off with a hum.

Angelina watched her leave and she looked at Dylan. Even though they were twins, they were so different and alike. "I like her." She admitted after a moment. "I feel bad she's struggling. But she's happy." She tapped her head reminding Dylan of her ability. "Do you help her? With the money problem?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:27 pm

"I try to slip her money here and there, especially now that I work for Stark," Dylan nodded, "We use the same bank and we're on each other's accounts so every couple paychecks she finds a little extra in her savings. She sends me texts to tell me to stop it, but I don't of course," he grinned, "I'm sure she'll whip you up something fantastic."

Bucky watched his daughter and Dylan intently before he recalled one of the first conversations he had with Steve. Back at the other base at the gym, Steve had talked about finding Angel a boyfriend. He grinned as he looked at Steve, "So what about that double date with Dylan and Angelina, you and Calla?" He sipped his mug.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:50 pm

"Null and void considering that Angel found her own." Steve said with a smile. "I also think that I'd be cramping her style."

"You should ask." Draco offered gently. "In the end a double date is nothing more than a glorified fancy name for hanging out with friends."

"Whose doing a double date?" Suzanna asked, coming by to check on them, in her hands a tray of two iced-teas. One a dark red and the other a bright yellow-orange. "Do I need to kick an ass?"

Steve laughed. "No. Bucky reminded me of when I told him that I'd find Angelina a date and we'd double up."

Suzanna wrinkled her nose. "No one would want to go on my double dates."

"Why not?" Draco asked curiously.

"Because they involve the blonde idiot looking like he's melted ice over there." Suzanna nodded her head towards her brother. "And you have to deal with us geeking out. Do I need to worry about refills for you guys?"

"Not at the moment, thanks Zan." Steve said kindly and Suzanna smiled as she walked back over to her brother's table.

She set down the red glass in front of Angelina, and the yellow-orange one to Dylan. "Is he boring you yet?"

Angelina smiled. "No. Maybe a little." She giggled at Dylan's betrayed look, but she knew he knew it was good fun.

"See this is why he comes over to my section. To make things easier." Suzanna grinned at Angelina, knowing well that she was just joking. "Dylan told me that you were into anime. Ever been to a con?"

Angelina shook her head.

"Well. You're coming with." Suzanna nodded firm. "I force myself and Dylan to take the days off that we need to go on. It's a three-day vacation where we binge on bad food, bad sweets, and a whole lotta anime until we turn anime ourselves. Unlike the weebos. Regardless." She waved it aside. "Dylan's already got a costume planned out and everything. Since you haven't, why not stay casual and see if it's something you want to try before jumping in and doing it?"

Angelina blinked. "What are you dressing up as?" She turned to Dylan.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:30 am

Buck made a small face. Steve was still being stubborn about it. So he shrugged and let it be. Steve'd ask Calla out on his own terms. He didn't want to force him to do anything, after all, and figured his teasing was falling short. He wasn't quite...there yet, he guessed. Hadn't remembered everything and it would take a long time it to do so. He didn't want to tease Steve and make him feel like he was back on that double date 'to see the future' like some sort of asshole and...

Buck leaned back, running both hands through his hair, "I think I'm done, guys."

Sam furrowed his brows, knowing that face, but he grinned and played it cool knowing that was what he needed, "Hey! At least you found two new things you like! I really should get home to get ready to go to the VA. I was hoping to take you with today, Buck, but another day is cool, too."

Dylan was about to respond to Angel when he saw Buck look like he was about to bolt from the coffee shop. "Sis, go tend to them and then you can chat with me, 'kay?" he said, then as Zan took the hint and darted over, he smiled at Angelina, not wanting her to get worried about her dad, "I'm gunna dress up as Matt from Death Note. Remember him?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:42 am

"Yeah! That'd be fun!" Angelina beamed happily. "I'll go with you and see what it's like to do the cons. It sounds like the blast from the past really.

"We should leave." Draco said kindly. "It was wonderful meeting you Bucky. Steve." Both him and Sam slipped out of the booth and headed out, knowing that Steve could handle this.

Zanna came by and she clicked her tongue as she saw Bucky's shaken form. "Hey Bucky-boy." She said soothingly. "I see that you and Steve are leaving so I just wanted to say that it was really wonderful to meet you. Come back again and request me. I have the morning shift tomorrow, about early as dawn and late as afternoon. I'll make sure to keep at least one table open for you."

"Thanks Zan." Steve said softly as he handed her cash. "Keep the change."

"If this is over fifty Steve-"

"You deserve it." He replied softly. "God Zan, you don't know how much you deserve it."

Zanna sighed loudly. "Just for Bucky I won't fight you."

Steve gave her a smile and watched her leave and he touched Bucky's shoulder. "Let's go home."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:57 am

"I am glad you wanna go! I'll have to buy you tickets and I can get you a t-shirt for this year as like a trophy for the first con you ever went to, and maybe I can convince Zan to give you her camera for the day," Dylan beamed at her.

Buck nodded and stood up, swigging down the last of his mug before he took his sweatshirt from around his waist and threw it back on, hunching in on himself. Walking by he patted his daughter's head, then Dylan's, and exited the cafe with Steve, "Sorry...if I ruined the moment. I didn't mean to."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:00 am

"It's fine Buck." Steve said gently, patting him on the back. "She's seen worse. I swear, they don't pay her enough to deal with super-solider super-issues at all." He smiled gently. "You did alright Buck, so don't blame yourself. No moment ruined on my end."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:06 am

Buck smiled back at him and nodded, leaning into Steve as they made their way back to the tower, "That's good. I'll definitely go back there. I like Zan. I'm glad you introduced us." He really would, and he looked forward to reading that paper she made about him, too.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:43 am

Why. Just...Why? Steve had opted out for running since it looked as dark as if it was midnight outside when his alarm went off at six. The doom and gloom fit his mood, considering Bucky hadn't slept at all since two. Two hours of sleep, that was all he'd gotten. He'd slipped his journals under his sweatshirt and took an umbrella otherwise Steve would yell at him.

By the time he got to the shop it was just starting to rain and Buck grumbled, staring through the glass as he saw some of the other workers bustling about, sweeping and the like. He shuddered as the wind picked up, frowning even deeper and looked at the clock behind the counter. Two minutes roughly before seven.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:45 am

The door opened and Suzanna, ugly uniform, french braid and all, gave him a warm smile and nod. She pushed the door further open for him to get in. She guided him toward a table silently, having a feeling that her words weren't needed right now. "I'll come back with something warm to drink. Do you want to try something new or do you want just regular black coffee with sugar and cream?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:54 am

"Something..." Buck paused and took his journals out before folding his umbrella up, sitting with a heavy sigh, "Something sweet, like Sam had yesterday, but surprise me." He pulled a pen out from his pocket as well and clicked it a few times, "You said...I was welcome here...but your associates don't look happy I tracked water across the floor."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:03 am

"Fuck them." Zanna shrugged without much of a care. When he looked up at her, she smiled a little. "They don't matter. You're sitting in my section. Which means you're my guest and this is my home. Meaning I'm telling you, you can track water across my damn floor. Sit for a moment, take a deep breath, relax into that seat, and let /me/ take care of you. You can put the burden down for a bit. It's not going anywhere." She tapped the table as she walked away to make his drink, leaving him to his thoughts for now as she figured out what kind of "surprise" she wanted to make him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED   

Back to top Go down

Lost Souls Brought by Forgotten Memories - REHASHED
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next