Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 7:10 pm

"I started it. I mentioned my bad moments and the conversation kept going." Bucky patted his shoulder in comfort, but he ended up lingering there. Steve was radiating heat through his shirt. It was...oddly soothing. He gave Steve a shy smile when he looked at him in confusion, "Sorry...you're just warm." He shrugged and took his first bite of food, "What do you think of my lazy cooking skills?"
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 7:25 pm

Steve suddenly laughed, "It's okay. I get told I run hot. I think you're a fantastic cook. It's really good. The nuggets are an interesting touch." He took another bite of food. "So if I decide to live here I'll be paying half of the rent. I might have to go back and sleepover at the Tower here and there, but that should be if I get overly exhausted from missions or if Tony's feeling the need to team-bond. I don't really have bad moments, but...there are times where I just feel a deep sense of melancholy. Sam calls it depression. I might snap at you if I feel pressured or something, just call me out on it."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 7:36 pm

"Yeah...we both do, too. It's alright, I understand. Days where you just can't smile and have a resting bitch-face." Bucky grinned when that got another snort out of him, "Don't choke on your food." He laughed and shook his head, "This was...good. Having you here. I feel a lot better. Do you want to watch any cable?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Steve just smiled and gestured to the T.V. "You're the host. Pick something for us to watch. I'll suffer through it."

~*~
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 8:11 pm

~+~
He had tossed all of his clothes and books in a pile in the living room and was sorting them out. He was really glad that he had all the space now, since it was easier to spread out. He had three piles for clothes. One for the tower, one for the apartment and the third was clothes that he still was trying to sort into the said pile.

He had to be careful sorting the books, since he knew Angelina might want to borrow some books and he didn't want to trigger her into having a bad day, or Bucky for that matter. He knew he didn't need to worry about the dishes, or anything like that since Bucky would already have stuff. He should bring his own towels though.

"Captain?"

"Yes Jarvis?" Steve asked absently.

"Bruce Banner and Clint Barton are coming up." J.A.R.V.I.S announced.

"Okay, let them in when they get here." Steve said as he picked up the keep pile and brought it into his room. He tossed it on the bed, he could re-fold them and put them away properly later. He grabbed his duffle bag from the closet and went back out into the living room and stuffed the clothes he was going to bring into it.

He would need to get proper boxes later. Zan would probably know a good place, or maybe some of the nearby shops would have some.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 8:42 pm

"WE BROUGHT PACKING TUBS! THEY HAVE WHEELS!" Clint's voice drifted happily through the apartment. The tubs he and Banner were rolling in were blue.

"There's a couple sizes, as well. A little skittering spider told Clint that you'd be signing on as a roommate on Bucky's lease so Clint grabbed me to help bring these up. When is everything going to be official?" Bruce asked, highly amused.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 8:49 pm

"Awesome, I was just thinking about the boxes." Steve grinned as he pointed over to a space. "Put them there so I can determine what tub should have what." He turned to Bruce. "A week is a possiblity. I don't know, I have to wait till Bucky gives me a text telling me the landlord's okay with me suddenly being on the extended lease."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 9:03 pm

"That's really fast, don't you think?" Bruce arched a brow at him and took the smaller tubs out of the big ones, "Bucky was all about keeping you at arms length, now he wants you living with him? How is that going to go?"

"Don't you know? He had a sleepover yesterday!" Clint waved his arms, "Bucky needed him from what I understand and Nat and I both think it's a fantastic idea and about time."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 9:15 pm

"There were a lot of reasons why Bucky didn't want me near him. He thought he was protecting me and he didn't like the fact that he made me sad, or thought he made me sad. Nat's the one that told him the idea for me to stay at the apartment rather than the other way around. Angel won't live here unless she absolutely has to and even then, she might take her chances. She likes the people here, don't get me wrong. But she doesn't like what the Tower represents I guess. Bucky and I talked about that too." Steve replied as he helped Bruce unpack the tubs and took a big one over to the book pile.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:22 pm

"That makes sense. So now that you've quelled his fears, he doesn't have the same pretenses as he did before." Bruce nodded, "I thought things were zooming by, but you broke down his wall. That is good. Now he doesn't ave that boundary."

"You're going to be so happy there." Clint grinned at Steve, "Instead of being like Bruce here and brooding all day." He yipped wen Bruce gave him a nasty glare and went to duck by Steve.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:25 pm

"He's going to Hulk-out on you if you decide to push his buttons." Steve teased Clint lightly and turned to Bruce. "Yeah. It'll be nice to have a small space. Having so much is still a little-" Steve made a gesture. "I'm not used to it." He shrugged. "I think it'll be alright. Bucky already gave me a heads up about what to do if they flash or something, so...I think I'm prepared. Though I know I won't be the first time I see it happen."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:51 pm

"I know. I'm just looking out for you." Bruce smiled, "Are there any worries you have, per se?"

"Or anything we can help you put away?" Clint smiled, "We're supporting you no matter what. We just wanna know what's going through your headspace. We know Bucky's good, what about Angelina?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:57 pm

"She's...." Steve was hesitant about this and he decided to sit down on the ground. Clint and Bruce exchanged a look with each other, but Steve ignored it. "It's going to be bad. When her bad days hit. I guess she's prone to violence when she can't determine what's a hallucination and what's not. Mostly to herself. She never hurt anyone but herself." He amended. "But the apartment turns into a Hydra base and...well...she's been hurt so badly. I don't-there's no file on what they might've done to her. No record that I know of. I don't know if she's been injected with anything that would be a threat to me and Bucky. I don't know what they did to make her stronger...or weaker. I don't want her seeing an apartment as a Hydra base, but I know that's impossible to ask."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:19 pm

"That would be something we could only do tests on and she has such a fear, the only opportunity we would have is if she was knocked out from a fight and didn't even know about it." Bruce sighed, "She wouldn't be an Avenger, I already figured that out from my few talks with her. She's more vigilante material."

"What about Bucky? Does Bucky want to be an Avenger with you?" Clint asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:25 pm

"He thinks that it might happen, but he wants to get his name cleared first." Steve worried his lip. "I was afraid you might say vigilante. That puts her at a higher risk against S.H.I.E.L.D."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:49 pm

"Higher risk against the police /and/ government in general." Bruce added with a deep frown, "Just...keep an eye on her I'd say, teach her your morals and things. She really doesn't understand why we do some of the things we do, why things like that are bad. In her mind it's a lot simpler. If they're bad then she's doing good by taking care of them. That's not how it works and she hasn't comprehended that."

Clint frowned now as well, "It's really sad. I want to take her out to do some outdoor stuff. Fishing, camping, whatever. I feel like that'd be refreshing for her, being holed up here in the city all the time."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:53 pm

"You can do that," Steve turned to Clint. "She'd probably love that. She likes the gardens and she likes hanging around with ducks. You have her phone number right? I can give it to you so that you can ask her if she wants to do something like that. Take the kids with you too. She needs to be around more people than just adults." He turned back to Bruce and nodded solemnly. "I have my work cut for me, I know. I'm probably biting off more than I can chew, but...we'll see what I can do."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 12:28 am

"All you can do is try. I just know it'd break Bucky's heart if she was caught behind another cell." Bruce nodded and he stood up, "I'm going back to the lab. I was only helping Clint, I was in the middle of something."

"Thanks! See ya. I'm glad I was able to get you out of your hidey hole for a bit." Clint beamed at him and Bruce rolled his eyes before heading to the elevator and disappearing. "I figured if I'm the positive one it'd be a good balance to Bruce's pessimism. Yeah, I get the danger and worries, but Nat and I are both so excited. She wants to see Buck happy like you do. Old time friends and all."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 12:32 am

"Nat's always looking out for me and Buck." Steve chuckled softly and he looked at Clint. "Seriously, you should ask Angel if she wants to try that camping trip. It's an idea to hold on to. Bruce always was the thinker. I think that's how he keeps Tony in line. I think that's his secret besides being angry all the time."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 11:31 am

"Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Anyway, want help throwing things together? I'm bored and Nat's doing whatever Nat does." Clint smiled, "I'll think about it and ask her. Nat has her number, so that's fine. I'll work up to it."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 5:09 pm

"I got clothes in a duffle bag that could start going into these tubs." Steve directed.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 6:59 pm

Steve laid on his side, staring at the alarm clock that was sitting on the dresser. The red digital numbers told him that it was seven-thirty. He closed his eyes and opened them again, the numbers changing from the thrity to a thirty one. He moved his blankets closer to his chin, his thoughts swirling around in his head.

It felt surreal. He was staying in Bucky's apartment. He could smell food cooking and he could hear a radio playing softly in the background, though it might was well be at normal volume for his hearing. He knew that it was Angel who was in the kitchen, the shower was going in the bathroom nearby. Bucky liked morning showers, while Angelina was more fond of evening bath time.

It was weird that he got to know those type of habits in only two weeks. He had presumed that Bucky wanted this space to be just his and Angel's. A safe place for recovery, a haven for their sanity. Yet, they wanted him in it. Angelina had been ecstatic when she found out that Steve was going to live with them.

He pulled the covers off of him and sat up. His feet touched the carpet and he could hear a scratch at the door and a soft "meow". He got up and opened the door slight to let Precious walk in. She meowed at him again and leaped onto the edge of the bed. She kneaded the comforter before she fell onto her side and yawned.

Steve rolled his eyes fondly and shut the door quietly. He went over to the dresser and chose out some clothes for himself. The shower in the bathroom finally stopped, so he was certain Bucky would come out soon. He didn't hog the bathroom to do his hair like he used to back in the day.

He left the door open so that Precious could come out when she wanted to and he wandered into the kitchen. "Morning." He said as he went over to the coffee machine.

"Morning," Angelina chirped. "Eggs?" She pointed at the frying eggs that were in the pan. Bacon was resting underneath a few paper towels.

"Over easy." Steve took a mug from the cupboard and poured himself some coffee. He leaned against the counter and inhaled the scent. "What are you planning to do today?" He asked casually. "You're up early."

"Always up early. Habit." Angelina told him as she flipped the eggs. "I don't know. Today's a good day. I think I want to try to wander."

He nodded, sipping his drink. "I was thinking about stopping at an art supply store. I need to get new blending tools."

"You should wander with me!" Angelina grinned. "We can ask tată if he wants to come with. Though, he might not want to."

"It's still dangerous." Steve said and smiled in thanks when Angelina handed him the plate with the eggs. He lifted up the paper towel and took a few pieces of bacon before sitting down. He heard the bathroom door open and close. "Hey Bucky!" He raised his voice. "Do you want to wander today?"

(added length of time in 3rd para)
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 7:08 pm

"We...could. Dylan will have to come over and babysit Precious. Looks like everyone is in a good mood. Man, that bacon smells amazing!" Buck held his stomach as it growled and grabbed two pieces off the plate.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 10:41 pm

"We could drop her off at the twin's apartment before we leave," Steve offered. "And then head out. We're not really heading anywhere specific besides an art shop." He told Bucky as Angelina made him a plate and passed it to her father. She made the last plate for herself.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 6:53 am

"That sounds just fine." Bucky promised and they worked on finishing eating and getting dressed. Dylan didn't mind taking care of the kitten and wished them good luck on their day out.

~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine   Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fill the Cracks - Monster and Machine
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insanity is our Friend :: Technology :: Avengers, ST, etc-
Jump to: