Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 11:09 pm

"I'm calling you because Cassidy's phone's in bits from her fight, but she doesn't need a hospital. Not from what I can see. She's passed out. Could you call her husband or whoever you got for emergencies? Casey or Angel? Doesn't quite matter, but, uh..." Andrea looked down at her torso, "It would be nice if they got here soon. I can't tell how bad my injury really is to be honest with you since there's a lot of blood and I'd have to take off my shirt. Anyway, I'm in a warehouse...a pretty nice one actually so this had to have been a raid...damn it what street was I on?" she mumbled to herself, "Hang on, I'll text you the address actually after I use my GPS..."
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 11:14 pm

Maddie waited for her phone to ding with the address. Once it dinged, she replied. "I'm coming." She hung up without further ado and started looking through her phone's contacts. She paused when she came across Mikey's number. Never had she spoken to the man before, but she heard his voice and she knew what he was like just from the tone. She swallowed, mentally apologized to Cassidy, and called Mikey. Meanwhile, she went hunting for her own method of transport. Motorcyles were good, but she needed something faster and no cop could grab her.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 11:32 pm

~*~

Mikey cursed as he saw the warehouse. It was in a well-used are rather than an abandoned one downtown so as Donny drove their battle-shell they had to be careful. Maddie had said there would be three people in total so it was just the two of them, anyway. Donny went for medical prowess and he came for his wife. It was the most logical decision Leo had decided on as he stayed back with Raph and Splinter to prepare for worse injuries.

They parked and he hopped out, hurrying inside just in time to see a woman with firetruck red hair and blond tips use a sort of fire-whip to smack a ninja soldier in the back. "Stay the fuck down, goddamn it!" she cursed and she was gripping her side, looking rather pale. "Andrea?"

Looking up, she smiled a bit strained, "Mikey! Thank god. Cassi is breathing alright," she motioned behind her at the crates. "Not the most comfortable spot but it kept her protected."

He admired her thoughtfulness and hurried over, scooping up his lover and cradling her close, trench coat he recognized from the first time they met still draped over her. "Come with us, we can patch you up, too."

"We need to wait for Maddie, she was on her way..." Andrea bit her lip even as she started to follow him outside where Donny was waiting in the tank-like truck, "Damn what is that a S.W.A.T. van?"

"The Battle Shell," Mikey grinned proudly, "Started out as just a plain ol' van and Donny remodeled it. It got blew up a few times so this is different from the last one we had and that one was different from the one before that. It's kinda fun, keeps things interesting every time it gets totaled. C'mon, in...we won't leave without Maddie," he promised, opening one end of the two-door back, "Donny, this is Andrea or Candy Cane. She looks about to pass out from blood loss, but Cassi seems alright until we get to the lair anyway."

"I can stitch you up." Donny said quickly, guiding Andrea into the Shell and placing her on a seat. He carefully pulled her hand away from her wound and moved her shirt up a little so that he could look at the stab wound. Quickly, he pulled out his medical kit and started getting to work. He looked over at the corner of his eye as Mikey brought in Cassidy. She looked a little worse for wear, but Andrea was clearly the most important.

It was silent, besides the heavy breathing and the soft coos from Mikey to his unconscious wife. Donny was finishing up the last stitch when Madeline came inside. She wore the same witches outfit from the ceremony, only with a red slip and red dress with black hemming and boots. She carried an old fashioned sweep broom. Her eyes didn't linger on either of them, looking from Andrea's unconscious body to Cassidy's. Donny quickly finsihed up the last stitch and bandaged the wound. "Sorry this was the way you had to meet us."

Madeline's eyes snapped back to him, but Donny noticed something interesting. Not once did she look at him up and down. Her eyes wandered to his lips and back up to his eyes. She nodded her head, but said nothing. Honestly there was nothing they could do more till they got back to the lair where there were more medical supplies and Donny could get a better look at Cassidy.
~+~

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 1:45 am

The moment they entered the lair, Donny and Mikey rushed Cassidy and Andrea through the doors of Donny's lab into a medical bay. She could hear voices talk amongest themselves, clearly demanding and giving. Madeline looked around the lair. Her eyes drinking in the sight. She had wondered why she was tossed in the sewer...and now she understood. She knew better than to go inside the medical bay for right now, as she wasn't the one Cassidy needed, but Mikey.

She sat down on the couch and leaned back, waiting.

"I wasn't sure if that was you, dressed in something other than plaid or black." Leaning over the side of the couch beside her, Raph's golden amber eyes caught her grey ones. He was actually quite taken with the color, reaching out to touch her chin and tilt her head up. "I've never seen grey eyes," he admitted letting her go, sheepish.

"I wasn't sure if I needed to shed blood or not," Madeline said softly, her eyes wandering. He was a massive turtle. Not in height, but in bulk. He was scarred from wars, battles that he fought. Yet his touch was hardly rough. She understood now, why he made her close her eyes. Why they stayed in the shadows and didn't come out. Ninja was only one reason. This, was another. "Are you still afraid of me?" She asked, her voice turning a little shy.

"Maybe a little bit...but the fear has nothing to do with hiding from you," Raph explained honestly, moving slowly around the couch and watching her take in the rest of him, see more of his scars, the chips in his plating, the weapons on his hips dinged and scuffed but not quite ready to be replaced. "You look stunning in all that red."

Madeline looked at him in shock before smiling fondly. "Thanks." She said with a small shake of her head. "It's funny you say that. Someone else mentioned I'd look good in red." She touched the mask that was in her hair. "I'm sorry." She said after a moment, placing her hand down. "I broke the promise, I didn't blindfold myself before walking into the lair though I guess it wouldn't have done any good." She sighed after a moment and looked at him. "I always knew you were a fighter. Brutal force, you once told me."

"It's alright. Actually, Splinter had just given all of us permission to contact people as we see fit, and I was going to come to your place and talk to you..." Raph sat beside her sideways and watched her carefully, "So, what do you think now you've seen us for what we are?"

Maddie leaned back against the couch with a soft hum. What did she think. She only saw three out of the four that were around. Mikey with his orange mask and bubbly attitude, downtrodded on the fact that his wife was laying unconscious not a few feet away from them. Donny, with his focused gaze and his mind that probably went a thousand miles per an hour, trying his best to save two lives and an older sibling watching over them in hopes that he could protect them. "I still think you should be more afraid of me than me afraid of you." Madeline's lips quirked up after a moment. "But now things make sense. Now I know why I was thrown down here the first time." She shook her head from side to side. "Things...are going to get much worse from here, aren't they?"

"More than likely...even our Sensei mentioned that the war was on it's last legs." Raph nodded solemnly, "Any of us can end up with awful injuries. One time Leo was so beaten up and his swords were broken and all of us were just so lost. I helped him reforge them even though we were both basically in slings and we made a comeback. Then another time Karai even ripped off a chunk of Leo's shell...that was brutal. Most of it's grown back but it is quite a scar. We've all had our moments. Tonight was nothin' really. I won't be surprised if either of them get hurt /again/ and much worse in the future. Even you, as powerful as your magic could be."

Madeline nodded, her breath a loud sigh. "The Foot attacked Cassidy and Andrea." Her magic sparked at her fingertips, but she held her hands in a fist. "We keep meeting in wars."

Raphael blinked at her slowly, "We keep?" he echoed, highly confused. He noticed the spark and reached out. With a sure grip he took one of her hands in his, "Do we need to step out?"

"It -uh- might be best." Madeline stood up with his help and held his hand as they walked through the lair and back into the sewer. It was horrible smelling, but she knew she could get used to it. Didn't have much of a choice. "Can...I create a protective ward?" She asked after a moment. "I -um- can bleed the rest into the stone."

"If that's what you need..." He didn't quite get why or what for, but he'd let her do what she needed to. "There's nothing but concrete around us so any energy bursts will be dissipated."

"You have questions." Madeline said as she closed her eyes and focused on her magic, trying to think of a good ward to use. She couldn't make them invisible, that was impossible. But they needed to keep outsiders out as well as allies in. They needed to be protected and the Foot signed their demise the moment they touched Cassidy. Therefore, there was no need to pretend that she was neutral. "I didn't mean to -um- make you confused..."

"There's something you know that I don't, that's as much as I got so far," Raph furrowed his brow ridges.

She laughed. She figured out the kind of ward that she wanted to make. She held her hands out went wide, one hand turned down south the other turned north and there was a dark blue circle that was created. She brought it close and started drawing a couple of symbols that looked like runes. The moment she did a binding, she shoved the the blue circle towards the door where it embedded itself, etched itself in, and then recovered. It merely looked like scratches that had been there for years. "Magical people are cursed with a long memory." She said after a moment. "The ward I made should protect your family. I'll give Master Splinter the activation, just in case something happens and you're not here to defend." She suddenly sent a random spark towards the wall. It hit, spiderwebbed through, and then disappeared in a shatter of sparks. "So because of long memory, I'm aware of a lot of things. I don't pretend to know everything though. I'm not a Seer in any sort of the language."

"Seeing the future has just as much stress as hanging on the past," Raphael agreed, coming closer and placed his hand on her shoulder, rubbing his thumb there soothingly, "So, long memory means you remember any past lives? I'm just trying to make sense of what you said." He looked at the etchings of her magic. It was so intricate and beautiful. The way she had done it as well was a sight to see.

"I remember every life." Madeline confirmed with a gentle smile. "Different people, different attitudes, but me generally." She leaned against his touch as she looked at her work with a critical eye. "I won't try to awake you or anything like that." She assured after a moment. "Just know I know you, and that every time we meet, there's a war that's on the brink of happening or the brink of ending. That's all. I should check up on Cassidy and Andrea...god knows what Mikey's doing to himself...and I don't know your older brother, Leo, but I gotta feeling he's going to want to meet me...as well as Master Splinter."

Raph was too stunned to really say anything, just let her go inside away from his touch as he thought about what she told him. He hoped whatever it was that made her sad, however, didn't happen this time around. It was probably something horrible. He didn't want her to be sad.

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 2:34 am

"You're making a face." Madeline noted the moment she walked through the medic bay and at Mikey's side. She was careful to touch his shoulder just so that he knew she was there and didn't jump. Donny was busy doing something on the computers, and Leo was hovering nearby, clearly trying to get his brother to rest, or perhaps just trying to be whatever support that he can be.

"I make a lot of faces," Mikey smiled at Madeline a bit, "So we actually get to talk like normal people now, that's awesome," he reached out and tugged her into a hug.

Madeline gasped in surprise, but hugged him back as much as she could. It was so weird, hugging a turtle, but at the same time she couldn't deny this; he gave out the /best/ hugs so far. She pulled away after a moment and smiled at him warmly, "I wondered when I was going to get your famous hugs. Cassi would talk nonstop about them. Among other things." Her eyes wandered to her friend and her smile faded swiftly. "How is she?"

"She and Candy are pretty stable. Andrea's wound wasn't damaging to any organs or anything, no kidney shots today, but she did lose a lot of blood. Cassi's got that busted nose, black eye, and her ankle is broken, but Donny was able to set it and wrapped it. Once the swelling goes down and everything he'll either put her in a boot or in a cast. I'm shocked she's not more injured than she looks after fighting so many ninjas. She's got amazing shields." Mikey's smile was soft but also proud.

Madeline nodded, taking a seat next to Mikey and looking at Cassidy. Her poor face was going to be busted and she was probably going to be happy about it. Her eyes traveled over to Andrea, whose complexion could be a whole lot better than what it was. "Cassidy's really good at trying to protect herself when she has someone to come home to." She said after a moment. "She -uh- always wanted to fight by your side. She asked me about the shields."

"You are the person she'd trust most about anything magic-wise. From what I remember she hasn't always had hers. Or at least, she had it, forgot about it because of other people's fear, and re-discovered it later." Mikey hummed, "I'm glad you did help her."

Madeline nodded before she shook her head from side to side. "A part of me wants to go hunting. I told them before that going after those underneath my protection isn't something I'd forgive. But at the same time, I don't know. She's married to you, Mikes. Which means she's under yours now. I could go after them if you want me to. Scare them a bit."

Mikey's eyes did a little bouncing. From Leo and how he shifted, though he was definitely listening. Donny's typing slowing by a fraction as well. Back to Cassi and her swollen face. Then outside where he knew Raphael was trying to busy himself with something. Finally he looked at Maddie, "Nah. Another day, another time. You're angry, we all are not just me, but it would be best to just stay with us until she wakes up or even just overnight. Sleepovers!" he grinned. "We wouldn't want you to go off on your own, either. Which you would."

Madeline smiled a little as she huffed a little laugh. "I just thought I'd make the offer." She assured gently. "But at the same time," she nudged him. "You can't just sit here by her bedside like a knight in shining armor or a prince waiting to see if she needs to be kissed awake." She told him. "She'll only worry."

Leo and Donny were exchanging looks among themselves.

"I would look awesome in armor, thank you," Mikey smirked at her, "I'm not going anywhere. It's fine, it's not the first time I've done it for one of my bro's either. I'll just go grab my 3Ds," he hopped from the bed he was perched on and headed out of the infirmary.

"You're probably not going to go anywhere either too are you?" Leo asked after a moment, leaving Donny to his research. He'd try to get the other turtle to fall asleep later. "You have Andrea to worry about, if that's her name."

"You're probably not going to go anywhere either too are you?" Leo asked after a moment, leaving Donny to his research. He'd try to get the other turtle to fall asleep later. "You have Andrea to worry about, if that's her name."

Madeline looked up at Leo. Now if Raph was battle hardened, Leo was battle-worn. He had the scars to show off that he was a fighter, but he was more defender than anything. He held himself with a posture that told her that he was a leader. Meeting him she knew that he was probably the easiest to win over, Master Splinter the hardest.

"I'm Leo." Leo introduced. "We never met yet."

"Maddie. Magic." Madeline nodded her head before turning her attention towards Andrea and then towards Cassidy. "I'll probably sleep in the living room on the couch or something, if that's not a bother. As much as I want to be around them...Cassidy has Mikey looking out for her and Andrea has you and Donny."

"We're not familiar with Andrea like we're to Cassi." Leo shook his head from side to side. "You kept her secret for seven years...and you kept your promise never to look at us. To let us stay hidden." He looked up at the band that kept her hair out of her eyes. "Master Splinter thinks highly of you."

"That's an honor." Madeline blinked in surprise. "Normally people who think highly of me really want me dead or alive for some purpose or another."

"We kinda want you alive." Leo's lips twitched into a smile.

"Ahhhh. I see." Madeline pretended to nod solemnly. "Raph told me about the war you guys are having with the Foot."

"I was told you'd rather die than to join them," Leo nodded, "we thought you might make a good ally."

"No, you didn't think wrong." Madeline assured after a moment, looking at her friend and then looking back at Andrea. "But you didn't like my revenge comment."

"Revenge only brings a cycle." He agreed.

Madeline nodded, "But so does a war." She stood up after a moment and she paused. "Have you ever met my sensei?"

"Killian? He spoke about you too. About your magic." Leo agreed, "Though he didn't ever really indulge too much information about it. Just that you abandoned it a long time ago."

"So he never mentioned the scars to you? Where he got them?" Madeline raised an eyebrow before smiling and shaking her head. "Kelly's an idiot. But a good person."

"He is." Leo agreed and watched Madeline leave the medical infirmary before looking over at Andrea. "I think she's not telling me something."

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 3:43 am

It was much later in the night when Splinter came by the living room. There was only one light of a candle and the woman on the couch wasn't even sleeping. Her breathing was too erratic as her mind whirled a million places. "Perhaps you should stop pretending and come with me to my room for some tea."

Madeline's eyes opened to see a silhouette in the dark heading off towards another part of the lair. She picked up the candle that she had found and let and followed him into his room. It was a beautiful Japanese style bedroom, with a bedroll, lovely soft incense that was burning and a small tiny stove that was clearly there for tea. She folded her legs underneath her, in a traditional seat. She knew better than to speak without being spoken to.

"Your soul is an old one," he hummed in a contemplative tone as he decided on which tea to put in the pot to steep, "Even if one isn't spiritual, it's hard to spot those such as yourself. Mannerisms, the way you talk, the way you dress...there can be several factors to play into it, separate you from just being well mannered and someone who belongs to a time a hundred, even a thousand years ago. You are young in this current life, but you must be the oldest one here aren't you?"

Madeline blinked in surprise, but her lips curled into a smile. Her shoulders relaxed and and she felt a little better. "No." Madeline said after a moment. She wouldn't lie to him, not even by omission. "There's someone whose a year older than me here, but doesn't have the memory nor will ever."

"Is that so? Will I have to guess?" he sat down across from her while they waited for their tea to brew, "Cassidy is of magic, yet she does not act like you do. Do you know why that is?"

"I could tell you if you'd rather not guess. As for Cassi, her magic and my magic are different. I call it light-bending." Madeline explained after a moment. "Her abilities jump from generation to generation and not always passed down. Her ability didn't just happen when she was born either, it manifested over time. She abandoned it, for a small moment till I told her I'd teach her. But as she grew confident, I made a mistake with mine. So, I abandoned it." She pursed her lips together. "I -uh- injured my sensei. My magic backlashed..."

"It is good you started the practice again. He would be disappointed if you forsook it forever. Light-bending? That makes sense. Magic tends to match the person who wields it." Splinter scratched his chin, "Is it Michelangelo? That is my one guess."

"No, though he and Cassidy are old-souls too, but they're much younger and freer and even as time passes now, they'd still be young and freer." Madeline smiled warmly. "And although Leo is an old-soul, he's an old-soul in action." She paused. "But his soul is new and fresh if I were to give it a name. This is my first time crossing his path...so that means I will probably cross it in another lifetime. Maybe many more. He seems to be that type of person. That kind of soul."

"A fresh soul?" Splinter blinked in surprise, "I really had believed he was much older in spirit with how taken he is with Bushido. That really is something. So, it is Raphael then. Born a year before you in your first lifetime. Your comment before he took you outside helps the pieces come together."

"He has an affinity for it," Madeline agreed about Leo with the Bushido. "But some people are like that. They have an affinity for something and they go with it. Though it's also possible that it's his first, maybe second reincarnation. Still new, still old. I'm not certain."

"You might come to that conclusion the more you speak with him." Splinter smiled as the kettle went off and he was quick to grab it so no to disturb anyone. Soon they both had two steaming cups in front of them, "The last person I have left to ask about is the woman who saved your friend. Andrea, was it? I have yet to speak to her, either, but she is your comrade, isn't she?"

"She's my teacher's student and another teacher." Madeline nodded. "Her abilities are in fire. She's a dancer more than she's a fighter however, she only fights when she needs to. I'm trying to teach her how to do knife work, but well...let's just say she cuts herself more than she cuts the enemy. I was kind of surprised to see the damage done at the warehouse yesterday."

Splinter was amused, "She helped you. Has been helping you. It is good that you have people you are close to, people who care about you while you wait for your soulmate to love you again. That's what he's afraid of, you know."

"What do you mean?" Madeline blinked a little in surprise. "That's what he's afraid of?"

"He's afraid of loving you, Madeline. Loving you the way Michelangelo loves Cassidy. The strength and severity of the feelings you've brought forward startled him and he's been keeping his distance mainly because he doesn't want to ruin anything before it starts. He is trying to get to know you first," Splinter explained slowly.

She looked a little surprised and then she smiled, like what he said was the best news she could hear. "Even though we carry the same souls, neither one of us are the same." She agreed after a moment. "Our likes, dislikes, hopes and dreams. They're always different. I think the only two constants is our promise and the wars we manage to get ourselves into. We're always apart of them, though we share the blame. Sometimes it's his fault, sometimes it's my fault and sometimes it's no one's but fate's." She looked at Master Splinter for a moment. "For a moment, I was a little fearful that you were going to tell me another kind of fear."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 1:00 pm

"Raph doesn't fear for himself much. He fears for his brothers secretly, and when he is afraid of something he doesn't know how to deal with it very well." Splinter shook his head, "Was there something more specific?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 5:48 pm

"Fearwise?" Madeline blinked and she shook her head. "I thought he was afraid of me. Not of hiding, he assured me of that, but I knew it had something to do with me. My magic was -um- my first thought." She shrugged helplessly. "But what you say makes sense too." She watched as Master Splinter started pouring the now freshly brewed tea. She smiled as she took her cup and inhaled. She thought about it for a moment and she placed her cup down, before taking a sip. "If you're going to take me as an ally, then there's a lot of things you should know." She said after a moment. "My fighting style, my beliefs, and probably what I did and what I probably could do now. But I don't know if you want me to wait to talk about this until you have Andrea up and Killian here. Since I know that my sensei's been an ally for Leo for a long time. He called him Blue."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 6:13 pm

"We can talk now if you wish. Considering the time, you are quite awake. I can learn Andrea's and Killian's stories another day. Tell me what you will. I'll ask questions when I have them." Splinter blew on his tea and sipped it a little.

~

It was still two hours until sunrise when Andrea stirred in her sleep. She groaned and rolled onto her uninjured side, "D'wanna fight..." she mumbled, causing Mikey too look up from the game he was playing. He'd been so focused that he hadn't noticed Leo had come in to no doubt tell Donny to go to bed and waved at his elder, but then tilted his head at Andrea. "Just...paint..."

"That's cute, she talks in her sleep. I wish Cassidy did that." Mikey snickered quietly, looking at his wife who had rolled over some time ago, curling her body against his shell where he was sitting.

"Stupid studio lights...too bright..." she complained, grabbing her pillow and stuffing her face into it as she hugged it close.

Mikey shut his screen, but due to his position, it wasn't him that was causing her discomfort. Donny's computer shined through the whole room with all the lights off and the orange banded turtle arched a brow at Leo. That was his cue to drag Mr. Brains to his room.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 6:31 pm

"Come on Donny," Leo said, gently pushing the purple-masked turtle against the chair. "You should turn off the computers and stop stressing your patients."

Donny stuck his tongue out at Leo, but knew that in this case, he had a point. The computers were too bright and even if he dimmed down the screen, Andrea might be sensitive to the light regardless. "I can fiddle with something up in my room." He said after a moment, turning off the system. "Though that doesn't mean I won't be checking in."

"Donny it's nearing three in the morning." Leo pressed his fingers against his eyes. "You don't need to check in, you have me and Mikey in here. Your stubbornness can go up against Raph's sometimes."

"I think that's why we make such good brothers. We all have a streak of stubborness. You and Raph are just more violent about it while me and Mikey just know how to use our weight instead." Donny nodded but stood up. "If it makes you feel better, I'll take an hour nap."

"Four." Leo countered immediately. "You need rest."

"Two." Donny shrugged, "Everyone gets up early to train anyway."

Andrea was probably sensitive to sound too, so he had to make this quick. "Two and a half and that's my final offer before I just drag you."

"Two and a half." Donny agreed, before walking out of the medical, giving one last glance at Andrea and Cassidy. Leo sighing to himself.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 6:49 pm

()

After everyone was done training and took a quick shower, Cassidy and Andrea both were both sitting on the couch. Maddie came from the kitchen holding a cup of coffee when she saw them. "Don't drop your caffeine, that would be a tragedy," Andrea teased.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 6:56 pm

Madeline gave Andrea a short glare and took a drink, "If I drop it, I'll make sure it lands somewhere near you." She assured as she forced Andrea to scoot over so she could sit down on the couch between them, placing her feet up. She had glamored her clothes from the dress to a pair of jeans and a plaid shirt that only showed just a silver of skin on her midriff. Her boots were still on and she looked completely relaxed. "Glad you two are feeling good enough to snark at me."

"Who ever said anything about snarking?" Cassidy's voice was heavily accented since her nose was broken and she couldn't breathe through it right. It made Mikey coo in both sympathy and in amusement. "You're the snark queen, not us."

"You two gave me a heart attack last night." Madeline replied, taking another sip of her coffee and sighing happily. "Killian's been texting me since the sun came up. He said he had a gut feeling to go check out my garage, but didn't find me there. I think he might've blown yours up too, Andrea."

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 9:38 pm

"I checked it while I was waiting for the initial grogginess to go away after waking up. I told him I was alright, just a flesh wound, but Cassi was pretty banged up. I didn't tell him where we were since frankly I have no clue." Andrea took a glance around the lair with it's several sectioned off places and what looked like tunnels leading other places, the second balcony where she was sure the bedrooms were.

"I told him, so he should be coming down." Madeline assured Andrea. "He's pretty upset that one of his students is injured and that my friend's face got bashed in. Master Splinter wanted to meet him too, so all in all I did a good thing." She took a happy sip of her coffee. "I also told him that I'm some place with /heating/."

"That's like your dream come true right there," Cassidy teased, her nose wrinkling up a bit and making her whimper a little in pain.

"Normally I'd do anything to make you laugh, but if it's going to cause you pain I'd rather you not..." Maddie frowned at her friend.

"Andy, Maddie's being mean!"

"What the hell?! I'm trying to be considerate!"

"It wasn't until you called me that when we woke up that I realized where you got 'candy cane'," Andrea told her, "Cassi is going to laugh regardless if you make her laugh or if Mikey does. She's just a smiling type of girl."

Cassidy beamed like Andrea just told her that she was the sun. Madeline rolled her eyes and took a sip of her coffee. "You both are traitors to the cause."

Cassi just beamed, "So when /will/ Killian get here?!"

"Kelly works on his own timeline. He'll probably be here as soon though." Madeline assured. "Like I said, he's not happy Andy and you are hurt. No one touches his students, no matter how old they are."

"It makes me wonder how pissed he would be if someone were to touch his daughter," Andrea cooed at Maddie and laughed, holding her side as the black haired girl choked on her coffee.

"Whose going to be upset about their daughter getting hurt?" Donny asked as he came from the bathroom tunnel area, tying his purple bandanna around his eyes. "How are you two feeling?"

"Like an elephant decided to sit on me." Cassidy answered, "But I can still do things, my face is just ugh. We're talking about Ryder-sensei and Maddie."

"I probably shouldn't dance, but besides that my injury isn't so bad," Andrea added her two cents, "Wow...you're skin tone is such a fantastic olive green! Oooh, Cassi I can't wait to see Mikey's skin tone in this much better lighting!" she gushed to the brunette.

Donny blinked slowly and Madeline was about to open her mouth to say something, but he beat her to the punch. "That's an interesting observation, not many people notice the difference in our skin tone all that well. You're an artist."

"Trying to mix color composition in my head even," Andrea's cheeks bloomed and she ducked her head down, "I do oil painting mostly. I'm sure I'm going to take your other brothers by surprise as I fawn over them. I'm probably going to do a ton of sketching when I get home."

"So long as you don't do anything of us, that'd be swell." Donny answered pulling away from Cassidy and pulling Andrea's shirt just to check the bandages. "Neither of you are up to train, at all. Cassidy will be able to get back to it a lot faster than you will though." He turned to Andrea, "Dancing too. So you'll have plenty of time to art."

"I can't just close down my dance studio, so I'll grab one of my older students and have them help me out," Andrea shook her head and leaned back, "Though that does free up the two extra days I'd take to go to Killian's dojo."

"You'll have to observe," Donny admonished, "but I so much as see you come back here with torn stitches, then I'll force you to stay here until you're healed."

"Ooooooh." Cassidy said loudly while Madeline muttered it under her breath.

"He'll do it, too," a gruff Brooklyn accent joined them, "One time he had to put a camera towards the front and back door and keep an eye on them when I was banged up. If I wanted to go hang with Casey he'd even call ahead and make Casey swear to watch me and April was always his backup."

Cassidy snickered as Donny stood up, giving his brother a wane smile. "Drastic times call for drastic measures." He said casually and Maddie sipped her coffee again, watching the two like a tennis match. "I'm going to go to my lab. You need anything, let us know." He turned to Andy and Cassidy sternly before heading off.

"Kid doesn't know when to stop." Madeline mused.

"He and Leo have it the worst I think," Raph agreed and came over, grinning at Cassidy and ruffling her hair, "How's that nose?"

"I think I still look awesome." Cassidy said, waving her hands to get him to stop. Madeline had to snicker to herself, it was like watching a big brother torment his little sister. "I have battle scars now!"

Madeline looked up at the ceiling. Cassidy and Mikey were probably the two people in the /world/ who'd be cheerful about that. Then again, nothing wrong with celebrating being alive. That's for damn certain.

"This is my first battle wound, too," Andrea giggled at Cassidy, "Everything else is pretty explanatory or my own doing when Maddie tried to teach me knife works."

"I take it that wasn't very successful?" Raph arched a brow at Maddie.

"You should see her try to fight with one." Madeline smiled around the rim of her cup. "Though I don't know who'd die from second-hand embarrassment, me or you. Leo would be too concerned."

"About?" Leo asked, also coming out from the showers, looking a little annoyed. Then again, Madeline could hear a wailing "I'M PRETTIER THAN YOU WILL EVER BEEEEEE" coming in from the showers. She raised an eyebrow high.

"Cassidy I wonder about your husband," Madeline sipped her coffee. "We're talking about how Andrea probably should stick to learning how to use a whip rather than a knife since she's only good with it in a kitchen."

"Whipping my magic is fun, though I've never tried to use a real one," Andrea mused, tapping her chin. She stood up and looked Raph up and down, "Deep forest green. That's fantastic. You probably blend with the shadows the best," she grinned and then her eyes traveled to Leo who's expression turned curious, "The truest green of the four of you. Classic light emerald. I love working with your type of green in my paintings."

"Oh no, if she and Mikey get together they'll probably hermit as they draw for days," Raph rolled his eyes.

"That's okay, Mikey needs drawing friends and I can just sit around and go on a knitting binge." Cassidy beamed. "It'll keep us out of trouble for like a week."

Leo shook his head from side to side fondly, "You would get along with Mikey," he conceded. "Your eye for color is just as good as his. If not better."

"Cassidy, do you have anything important you're needed for topside? Because we can totally just go grab your stuff and you can stay the week," Raph offered, "It'll make Mikey happy and Donny can keep an eye on your ankle to make sure it heals right."

"Just my job, but I can totally call in sick." Cassidy nodded her head, "As for my things, Mikey knows where my apartment is so he can lead you right there."

"You'll have to go to the doctors so they can write you a notice for however long you really need, since we got you stable and everything. Don't want you to get in trouble," Raph agreed.

"I'll make a trip to my studio and put a notice that classes are canceled for two days, since that's the most I can afford unless one of my paintings magically sells which'll offer me leeway," Andrea rubbed her forehead, "I don't want to crowd, so I'll just go back to my apartment."

The door flung open and while that made everyone tense up, they heard a loud clack of a cane hitting the floor hard. "Sorry to barge in on you." KIllian said shutting the door firmly behind him as he carried a large duffel bag on his shoulder. Leo quickly went over to him and took it from him. "Thanks kid." He said appreciatively. "Just toss it on Maddie's lap or at least by her."

"Hey Kelly, you made it." Madeline raised her coffee cup in greeting.

"Made nothing. You know how hard it is to break into Cassidy's apartment?" Killian rolled his eyes. "Had to pretend I was some uncle worried about her. Couldn't scale the fire stairs like I used to."

Leo passed the duffel bag to Madeline without a comment and she quickly zipped it open and smiled. "You brought all of us a change of clothes and then some."

"You told me that everyone was badly injured, sans you." Killian fell into the recliner with a sigh, rubbing where his scar was on his shoulder. "So I assumed a weeks worth for each of you would do nicely. As much as you like glamouring your wardrobe, I had a feeling you might want something real every now and then, Mads."

"I was wondering if you snuck out in the middle of the night," Raph admitted as he glanced at Madeline.

"No." Madeline shook her head from side to side. "I've been talking to Master Splinter last night."

"You...even brought some of my clothes?" Andrea looked taken aback, "You...stopped by the studio then, too, didn't you?"

"I told them that classes were cancelled till further notice via note." Killian nodded.

"I should probably do introductions, Killian this is my brother Raphael." Leo gestured to his brother. "Raph, this is Killian Ryder. I knew him from saving my shell a few times."

"It's been a back and forth game." Killian's eyes twinkled. "So, you're the temperamental one. I like that you carry sais. Good choice."

"Everybody knows everybody somehow," Raph shook his head, "Of course you'd have someone you knew topside." He tapped his belt, "It's useful when Karai tries to use her katana and I've blocked Shredder's claws a few times."

Killian nodded. "Your Master Splinter asked my student to bring me here. I suppose that, it's nearing the end. Which is good. I can tell you're battle-weary...and one of your brothers I'm certain would like to live out the rest of it peacefully with a family." He nodded towards Cassidy. "But you can't do that in a war. Though, of course, family happens regardless war or not. Peace, a different matter."

"We haven't really discussed family yet...and Candy, calm down. Don't worry about your money, things will work out," Mikey came out from the showers, a towel around his neck, "Hey, nice to see ya again."

"Nice to see you too, Orange." Killian waved with a gentle smile on his face. Cassidy's cheeks burned brightly and Madeline couldn't help herself but to nudge her friend a few times in jest.

"I should watch out for that keen eye of yours, Mikey," Andrea shook her head. She went to Maddie and pulled out a pair of pajamas out of the duffle bag, "Since...I'm not going anywhere for a while, I'll pop into the bathroom and change."

Killian watched his student leave and looked around the lair. "Have to admit, this would be the last place I'd look for strange turtle men. Nice idea to keep hidden underground, and I mean /under/ ground. Smart."

"Strange turtle men?" Leo echoed teasingly, looking at Killian. "Seriously?"

"It's not my best phrase." Killian admitted, "But give an old man a break."

"You're thirty five, you're not old." Madeline said, standing up. "I'm getting coffee."

"Be a love and grab me one too and I'm ancient." Killian retorted.

"Sure, sure." Madeline nodded.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 11:50 pm

The girls had long since gotten comfortable. Mikey had taken Andrea to his room and left her to her own devices while he played video games with Cassidy. Just because her ankle and nose were broken didn't mean she couldn't chill on x-box. Raph and Maddie were in the dojo section of the lair, but Raph was going at it at a punching bag while Maddie watched. Leo was doing his own thing and Donny was on his computers. It really was just any other day.

Splinter bowed politely and was happy when Killian bowed back as he entered his quarters, "Welcome. What shall I call you? Ryder or Killian?"

"Killian." Killian replied with a smile, "Us teachers are on the same page, so there's really no need to be formal, at least with me. Though, what shall I call you?"

"Splinter, then. Just Splinter. I don't do nicknames. I always refer to my sons by their full names. A bit of a mouthful sometimes, but it is just how I am," he poured two cups, "I already brewed tea. I was feeling flavor, so this one has some rose hips and echinacea. Do you mind?"

"Not at all, it smells wonderful." Killian picked the tea cup with a grace that was surprising and he smelled the aroma before he took a sip. "Tastes wonderful too. It's brewed perfectly. Not many people know how to brew tea. They think it's hot water and add leaves, but it's a lot more than that. But you don't want to hear me blabber about things I probably don't understand, Splinter." He placed the tea cup down, but not on a coaster. He just cradled it in his hands, keeping it warm. "You saved my student, a family friend, and you allowed my daughter into the lair." He said after a moment. "I owe you three times. Your son, I owe more."

"Your debt with Leonardo is with him. Cassidy is Michelangelo's care, so their debt between each other is void, though they both possibly owe Andrea. As for Andrea, she owes Donatello for taking care of her injury. The only 'debt' per se I might accept is allowing Madeline entrance," Splinter listed out, dismissing most of the claims in one go, "For the longest time I have been protective of them to the point of being a bit controlling. They would escape topside to fight crime as children and I would be upset. Then the war broke out and I couldn't stand them getting injured. Every new face they brought along I would be distrustful of. Casey, April, Angel. Now, four more join the fray. It scares me."

Killian nodded, understanding where he was coming from and taking another sip of his tea. "We're also parents. Though, I can't really say that..." He laughed a little. "Maddie's just like a daughter to me, and she sometimes calls me dad so I guess I could, but...I feel bad you know?" He took another sip of his tea and set it down. "We're caretakers of some special people, Splinter. Though I will admit I was a bit on the opposite of Madeline. I never told her to hide her magic. I always told her to use it, and I knew it'd could damn her."

"I can see why she stopped. That would frighten any child," Splinter frowned, "At least she began again, and I told her as much. I'm hoping it isn't too late. She told me some interesting things, and Raphael is quite interested in her. I don't want either of them to lose the other at this point. Everything is so fragile."

"Maddie told you the whole story huh? She must have crossed you at some point then, or she trusts you. Highly both." Killian smiled warmly as he took a sip of the tea. "I like your family Splinter. Your home is warm, friendly, and it's safe. Regardless of appearance, not many homes are like that. As long as it's your son that's interested in Maddie, I can breathe easy. He wouldn't dare take advantage over her." He gave him a friendly smile. "But you're not fighting the Foot alone, nor your sons. I don't like them nor their morals, and undoubtedly you have your reasons too. So, when the time comes, let's remind the young whippersnappers why we're masters and why they will only ever be "elite"." He held his cup out gently. "We should've met a long time ago, Splinter-san. But I'm glad that we met now."

"Very much so," Splinter smiled and clinked their teacups carefully, "Would you tell me more about Andrea? She is so far the mystery. She holed herself away, but I feel as though it has nothing to do with us. She sounded quite inspired, but also a bit disappointed?"

"Andrea?" Killian mused it over a little. "She's like the background character in that mystery novel or soap opera. You'll always see her, you'll always want her to have more scenes, but in the end the writers always refuse to give the audience what they want because they want to keep people /guessing/. Though I think I'm a bit /hard/ when I say mystery novel. I mean fantasy novels do the same thing. Ever read the Lord of the Rings? I was damn disappointed that Pippin and Merry didn't get a lot lotta scenes. Or even Harry Potter? Seamus and Dean would've been /awesome/ to get to know more than just a few lines here and there. Andrea's like that."

"So she exists, but nothing has grabbed her to pull her forward. Neville became very important by the fourth book and movie," Splinter scratched his chin, "Your daughter and Raphael have the stage at the moment. Something will happen eventually, I'm sure. It's curious...Michelangelo and Cassidy are married. Raphael and Madeline are finding themselves. Leonardo, the leader of my sons, has become a bit of a background entity as of late, and Donatello...something secret has been eating at him."

"Haven't met him yet," Killian frowned but nodded his head. "But yes, you're right about Nev." He took a sip of the tea and thought about it for a moment. "She's also...scared about Maddie. See, Maddie and Andrea have this...thing. Maddie shelters people. Those who want to get /out/ can get out. Andrea is the only one that can blend in to the criminal world if Maddie's there. But now, Maddie's playing a different role. In fact, she may never play "shelter" again. So, where does that leave Andy? That's something to think about and I think she's thinking along the same lines. Probably not too deep yet. It hasn't sunk in, but it will."

He sighed, "Leo's always been background and I wouldn't doubt if he's planning on staying background. He's a true ninja to the core. Wouldn't be surprised if he was one in a past life or not, though Maddie would be able to tell." He shrugged. "Backgrounds characters to tend to have the most interesting of chemistry."

"We shall see, won't we? Everyone is going to be here a week, so I hope you come by again once you decide to leave for the day. You are welcome to linger as long as you wish," Splinter offered, "It is...refreshing to have someone to talk to who understands in a way no one else does."

"I should go around the building and get to know them so they know I'm not a threat. I predict that soon enough I think one of your sons might start to think that our fears are worth having." Killian smiled, "Though now you gotta tell me," he smiled like he was telling a secret. "How /do/ you brew excellent tea?"

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 12:57 am

"Whoo, I almost need to take another shower. That was supposed to be just a relaxing workout," Raph wiped his brow with his wristband as he came over to Madeline who had his towel, "You sure you're not bored? I mean, you're not injured, Cassidy and Andrea are fine. I can take you back home if you want?"

Madeline shook her head from side to side, "Right now I'm right where I need to be." She assured. "I -um- already put up a note that said that there was a family emergency. It wasn't -uh- too far from the truth." She shrugged, she had changed out of her magic outfit and into comfortable sweat pants and a plaid shirt with rolled up sleeves. "You're not boring."

"Like watching me flex my muscles?" Raph smirked and it spread into a partial grin as she blushed, "Haha, I'm teasing. We can do something, though. There's more than one gaming console, and we have movies and Netflix. I dunno. Tell me what you like to do for fun? I've only ever seen you working."

"I only ever work." Madeline agreed as she stood up. She had just sat there, watching him through his routine, sometimes offering small conversation here and there if she thought he was losing focus and sometime he'd say something to her. It was familiar, flowing. "Though -um-Cassidy and Andrea do try to make time to do game night here and there at least every two months or so."

"We need to find you some hobbies," Raph stared at her. "Hack into the security systems after closing hours sometime and go roller skating or rock climbing. I wouldn't suggest skating the sewers, that's a talent and easier to do when you know where you're going."

"I haven't roller-skated since I was...ten maybe?" Madeline winced when he pointed that out. "I /really/ do need a hobby." She admitted after a moment, she could almost hear Cassidy screaming in the back of her mind that she was right. "Jeez, I'm deprived. What are your hobbies then?"

"Brooding," Raph laughed, "I play games with Mikey if I'm not training. We're all usually awake during the night instead of the day, so what we do depends on what's going on in the city. If it's a quiet night I go hang out with Casey and do stupid shit together. I love riding my motorcycle." He shrugged, "All in all I'm kind of a boring person too so I can't judge."

Madeline shook her head with a small huff of laughter. "Then maybe I should kick your ass at a game." She said after a moment, her voice light and teasing. "Maybe later on we'll spar. Motorcycle rides sound like fun, though I wish I could take you flying. I like to go for the irony when it comes down to it. It makes people think and not take you seriously."

"How the hell are you going to get a huge ass turtle like me on a tiny ass broom in the sky?" Raph was in disbelief, "I shouldn't doubt your magic, and when it comes to spells I don't. I mean, you put a badass protection ward on our door, but that seems ludicrous."

Madeline cracked up laughing. She tried to come out with something, anything, but she was reduced to laughter again. The imagery was waaaaayyyy too fucking funny and...she tried to breathe. "O-okay." She stammered, nearly going back into giggles again. "T-that wasn't...wasn't the right thing to say..." She giggled. "I'm sorry! It's really funny! I'm gonna want that painted or tattooed. A flying turtle on a broom!" She tried to compose herself. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Okay. Okay. No, I said I /wish/ I could do that. Even my magic has limits and I'm not Peter Pan, kid. Motorcycling...that's the closest you'll ever come to it in my belief." She choked on another bubble of laughter.

Raph's face split in two, "I'm glad I was able to make you bust a gut. I love your laugh," he purred as he reached for her, brushing the hair away that had fallen in her eyes while her body shook, "You look so bright. I have a felling you haven't cracked up like that in a while."

"Not a long time." Madeline said, her smile not fading and she leaned a little towards his hand as he brushed her hair away. She wiped away some tears of mirth and she shook her head. "Maybe we both need to get out of the house more." She said with a bit of a tease. "Do things. Let's see...what kind of games do you play since you said you played some?"

"I can show you, c'mon," Raph placed his hand at the small of her back and guided her out of the dojo.

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 1:45 am

The next day, Cassidy hummed softly as she started working with her needles. She was kind of thankful that she was allowed to hole up some of her things, even if they did have knitting needles and some yarn for their punishment training, though they hadn't had to have that type of thing since they were older. As she worked, she listened to Mikey's pencil scratch at the paper, drawing something or another. Andrea was probably taking a cat nap and Maddie and Raph were, much to her surprise, were actually trying to play a card game with each other. She had /never/ seen them play /anything/ before. Maybe, just maybe there was hope still. She knew they ran off sometime during the night...god knows what they were doing, considering Maddie was an insomniac and Raph was a troublemaker to the T. She paused in a stitch and looked at the ring on her finger. She was happy it never broke, and she was pleased that it connected her to her love. Seven...almost eight years now but she'd have to start counting the "married" months soon. It still made her happy to think that way.

"What's on your mind, love?" Mikey rolled onto his side, looking at her curiously, "The shick-shick of the needles rubbing together stopped." He saw she was looking at her ring, "I wish I could've known where to go. I felt something wrong, yes, but I had no idea which direction to take. So they worked at least."

"Maddie's always been a compass." Cassidy placed her hand down. "I don't think she thought that we'd ever get hurt /far/ from each other. Undoubtedly, she's probably thinking of a spell that'll always guide me to you." She looked at her needles for a moment. "I was just thinking about how happy I am. She's my best friend and she deserves to be happy. Like we are. Sure she's introverted and her hobbies are limited, but hell...she's trying. Raph's getting her to live a bit. That's a lot more than I could do. Speaking of living, um...do we need to have that talk?"

"I dunno, do you /want/ to have that talk?" Mikey hummed and sat up straight, stretching and looking at her closely, "We've...but nothing's happened since we're incompatible. I told you that a while back, actually. So...there's adoption and artificial incrimination from like a sperm bank or whatever. Overall, what kid would live in the sewers with us? They'd also want to bring friends from school. There's that country house Casey and April care for that we all go to from time to time that hasn't been ransacked by the Foot after all these years. I suppose we could always ask if we could build on their land? Four houses scattered around. It's a /lot/ of land, actually."

"It's an idea." Cassidy mused, "We could also use my apartment, like we planned should you want to leave, remember? Stay until nightfall, and then sneak away to visit your brothers if you still wanted to. Friends would be hard, but we'd make it work." She set her knitting down and scooted over close to him, leaning her shoulder against his and taking her hand into his. "We could home school or regular school. We're social butterflies, so undoubtedly, so would they. If they have friends, we can always make sure that they go over to their house instead too. That it's alright. I can always investigate, see what's up."

She thought about it for a moment, "Though I do admit the houses on the land might be better. Though of course we'd ask Casey and April about it first."

"It's something to bring up to them for sure," Mikey agreed, kissing the top of her head, "Especially if the others get together with the girls that have been showing up. Leo's been sort of haunting Andrea, and I know that photographer caught Donny's interest."

"Photographer?" Cassidy blinked in surprise, and then shook her head. Probably not the same person, could it be? "It's funny I met a photographer too. I told her about taking shelter with Maddie." She told her husband, but then paused. "...But that being said, if they say yes...is it something you want me to try to do?"

"How about one step at a time, love?" Mikey assured, "We're still young. This war has been rough, but we've made it this far. I don't think we'll have to start a family right away. When you're ready, when the house is built, either way. Somehow. It'll all be okay." He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tight, "I'm willing to go with whatever you decide."

Cassidy beamed happily and hugged him back. "Okay. I love you," she kissed his cheek and hummed satisfied.

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 2:43 am

The rest of the day had gone fairly well, though Mikey's supplies weren't giving her the satisfaction she wanted. When everyone was asleep, she snuck out shortly after Raphael when he left in order to do his rounds. It was nice to be topside instead of holed up. She was inspired by the brothers, yes, but had been physically unable to get down what she wanted. This was why. She needed to recharge with the cool air surrounding her and the sounds of the city in her ears. She wished she could go to the park, honestly, but this time of night it was dangerous to be out here in the first place with her injury.

It was odd to worry about that sort of thing. She'd always been so prepared and ready to take on anything that came her way. Killian was a good teacher. Her side still hurt like a bitch, though. She didn't like admitting it and Don knew just by giving her an unimpressed glance, handing her extra pain meds. With a sigh, Andrea gathered the things she could easily transport. It was only the start of day three of seven, so she made sure to fill up her big tote bag. She'd have to let Mikey use some of her things as payment for his generosity.

Next, with the bag over her arm, she headed for the store and then made her way back towards the lair. She'd walked quite a bit and was exhausted by the time she reached the protected door. Yet, even now she wouldn't be able to sleep. She was practically vibrating in her shoes in excitement at having more things to work with. Stepping inside and slipping her shoes off to the side, she was headed towards the kitchen when she felt like she was being watched and looked towards the darkest corner, the barest hint of a silhouette there. "Funny that Mikey didn't tell you I have cat eyes. You can come out."

"He did, sorry it's a habit." Leo said as he came out of the shadows. He frowned when he saw her bag. "I saw you leave. But I thought you were heading home. Where did you go?"

"I left to get supplies, so I did go home for a bit, and to get a breather. I'm injured, not unable." Andrea smiled, continuing into the kitchen, "I also grabbed snack food and soda and things. Not much of a sleepover without popcorn and movies."

"That's true," Leo said with a small smile. "What movies did you bring back? I could've made you a list for the types of soda everyone drank, but undoubtedly you probably already know."

"I saw what you had and what was in the trash over the last couple days, and Cassidy's told me. I have some of the latest hits that I enjoyed like the live action Disney movies they've come out with. Mikey'll get a kick out of Jungle Book if he hasn't seen it already. Bagheera is my favorite." Andrea hummed while she opened the bags and started putting away the sodas, and set the different chip options on the counter for the others to see in the morning. "I was tempted to grab ice cream but the soda was already a bit much."

"Soda and popcorn are the classics." Leo agreed. "Can't go overboard too much, otherwise you'd have a hard time getting home with all the weight. I could've come with you though, next time you should let me know." He gently brushed right by her as he looked through the bags. "A dozen and one movies."

"Ha, basically. I've been slowly collecting the Avenger movies and sub movies. I hope nobody's more of a DC person since I don't have anything of those." She laughed a little breathlessly, not expecting him so close. It was inevitable for the lot of them to get close or to touch the last couple days. She didn't stay in Mikey's room /all/ day after all. Leo had been the only one who she could say had noticeably kept his distance. "I'll be sure to tell you about my next topside adventure. I guess I wasn't as sneaky as I hoped. If you saw me leave why didn't you follow?"

"I trusted you." Leo shrugged, moving away even though it surprised him to feel a little cold. "I didn't want you to feel like you were a prisoner. You're welcome to come and go as you will. I think no one's much of a DC fan and Mikey's a everybody fan."

When he moved away, she felt like she could breathe and she had a bit more clarity. In those few seconds she felt like everything had zeroed in. "Donny made a pretty sound threat that first day, so I didn't want to give him any cause to cash in on it," she explained, finally emptying the bags and moved to go out to the living room, setting her art bag on the coffee table and dumped it all out. Since Maddie had long since gone back to her garage, she had begun to sleep on the couch and so took the liberty of spreading things out and organizing, even if she did have to push away the orange tabby Klunk as he came down from Mikey's room to check out what all the ruckus was about.

"True, Donny is ruthless when it comes to people's health." Leo agreed with a soft laugh. "But you'll be able to go home soon. Cassidy's kinda moved in with us and staying at her apartment so," he shrugged. "You won't have to worry about her." He paused. "Though I am wondering if I should've went on patrol anyway. I trust Raph, but...it's probably going to turn into a Mikey situation again. It was one of the few things I was debating when you left the lair, but I didn't want to leave if I decided to go so you wouldn't think I was trying to drag you back."

"I don't think so." Andrea shook her head, "If Raph wants to hang with her he'll just slip out when you or someone else is patrolling. He's too responsible to abandon his duties for his city. Especially since the two of them have been able to /actually/ spend time together face to face." She smiled at him and then turned back to her things, "Oh, Leo, I did bring something for you I thought you'd like." She flipped the cover for one of her watercolor pads and pulled out a lovely Japanese ink wash, holding it out to him.

"Ink wash?" Leo blinked taking the picture carefully in his hand. It was a gorgeous wash of a ship, and Japanese sakura. It was gloomy, but there was color. Like hope edging around, reminding that it was still there, somewhere. "It's gorgeous." He smiled. "I didn't know you did things like this. I thought it was just paintings paintings."

"I sell watercolor prints, too. Actually, here..." she had grabbed her tablet as well instead of her laptop since it was lighter. She turned it on and felt him sit down beside her while they waited. As soon as she navigated where she needed to go, she handed it to him, "This is my online shop so you can see things I've done in the past. This ink wash I'm giving you I did for earlier in the month during Inktober. I haven't been able to participate in it every day, but the concept was fun and so I've been doing it during my free time. I noticed Mikey had inking supplies and when I asked he said he was doing it, too. I showed him pictures on my phone of the others, but I wanted you to have this one."

"Thank you. You're really skilled as an artist." He took a quick note of the online shop and mentally caculated if he'd have time to do things with his wood carvings. He'd have to do further research, to see if he can pour some more resources into keeping their family alive and warm. Especially if Cassidy and Mikey were thinking of a child, he wanted to help them in anyway that he could. He looked at her with a smile. "I'll see if there's anything I can do about my wood carvings. It's not as artistic as a watercolor or a painting, but it's wonderful stress relief. How long have you been drawing slash painting for? All your life?"

"Mm...I suppose you could say that. As a child I'd always feel more challenged rather than frustrated to color within the lines sort of thing. I didn't get serious about it until high school, though, when we had a real art teacher with good art supplies and different mediums rather than an art class where we doodled with crayola." She shook her head with a giggle, "If you have other wood carvings to start out with I could help you with pictures and setting up a store on etsy. Too bad you can't do youtube or twitch since that's a very much visual thing to do."

I have too many." Leo admitted, "A collection. I can bring some of them down to you later. But the ones I'm really proud of...are with Cassidy and Mikey." His eyes shone brightly. "Cassidy came to me, nearly begging me to make her and Mikey rings. I mean, Mikey was already kinda pleading, but Cassidy...she was dead serious you know? She wanted to show she was taken. If that was a wood ring, she'd take it."

"I remember. I suggested the wood rings and tattoo rings when I first met them..." Andrea's cheeks tinted, "I noticed she got both. I had no idea my words would make her so happy."

"I think she was worried about how she could prove that she was Mikey. Mikey didn't care, I mean, he trusts her so much and loves her so deeply, that just the /words/ are enough." Leo shook his head. "But Cassidy. She wanted him to have everything. A wedding, so I guess Maddie was kinda the ordain minister in that one, and an exchange of tokens. But she feared that the wood would just get crushed in a fight, and Raphael did his own magic with a tattoo gun. I was there for that one. Raph was trying really hard not to cry, but I said nothing." He winked.

"That's adorable!" Andrea grinned, "The attention to detail and the delicacy on Cassidy's ring is gorgeous. I'm really happy for them. Love comes in so many shapes and sizes. It really is a sight to see, them together I mean. Now Maddie and Raph are dancing around each other and it's a bit amusing to watch but I know it's going to head in the same direction. What about you? What do you think about them?"

"Raph and Maddie?" Leo thought about it, from the conversations he heard, from the way that they power-exchanged. "I think..." he said after a moment, "That Maddie knows a lot. Sometimes she talks like she's older than time itself. She's been through something...and I don't mean her abandoning her magic, I'm talking something deeper. But her and Raph? It's like watching two seasoned warriors trying to size each other up, in hopes to find weaknesses. Raph wouldn't dare be so vulnerable, but I get this feeling that Maddie's giving him that. She's showing hers, little by little and I think it frightens him."

"It's an interesting dynamic," Andrea hummed, "They relaxed considerably since meeting, I can tell you that, but yes...Raph dotes on her and then doesn't know how to deal with her reciprocation. You know him more than I do. Hell, I just met him, but Maddi'es the flip of that. I know her and you just met her. /I/ think she's more afraid of losing him after just finding him. I noticed the way she talks a long time ago, really. It resonates with me sometimes, but it's like a ghost I can't touch. It's strange. Raph might feel that way, too. Just the way they look at each other either at the same time or separately is enough to tell me that they feel a connection but don't know how to express it or how the other will take it."

Leo nodded, "Since you know her, tell me a little of her? How you met?"

"I met her a several years ago...five? Not too sure and too tired to do math, but she'd just dropped out of high school and stopped coming to Ryder-sensei's dojo." Andrea leaned back against the couch, watching him out of the corner of her eye even as she told her story. His profile was so cool, and she had to fold her arms under her armpits to keep her hands to herself or she would touch his shell. That texture... "He was concerned and I was curious since I'd never met her. He didn't usually get so worked up over students who didn't come by anymore, ya know? Then there was Madeline. So I did a little digging and some legwork. It was kinda fun, I felt like a detective or something. I talked to the usual crowd she hung out with, blending in with the high school crowd fairly well even though I was in college. I learned the places she would hang out, and bounced between them waiting. She'd turn up somewhere. Then...I found her a few blocks from the dojo in an alleyway. No goons to fight, no rain to shelter from. Nothing cliche like that, but she was just exhausted and close to passing out. I offered my hand, took her home, gave her a place to stay. We worked hard with what we had and got her her the garage after a while. Been friends ever since."

Leo nodded, "That explains a lot as to why she's so attached to it." He said softly. "Killian doesn't talk much about Maddie. He refers to all of his students as "one of his", and leaves it that. I bet he's talked about you a few times, but I'd never know. He likes keeping his students safe, and I respected that. But when I found out that Magic was one of his, he said something interesting to me. He said that he was proud that one of his students gave him that scar that covered half of his face. I thought he was strange for saying that...does he take pride when a student beats him?  I was never certain if it was something I could ask or not."

"Ryder-sensei is an odd case," Andrea hummed, tapping her chin, "He is one of those souls that feels as though he deserves every scar. His past wasn't pretty and he did his best to make the most out of a bad situation. He loves Madeline like a daughter, he really does. It wasn't like she /beat/ him, per se, but yes he did take pride when a black belt student took him down. I did once, before his scarring and he had to get his older students to teach while he observed. He treated me to dinner the whole nine yards, it was like a tradition. No, when Maddie burned him, his pride was more like Cassidy's. The pride of battle wounds. He can't express it enough how happy he is she's back, or how sad he was when she stopped. She's his pride and joy and doesn't like it when people give up."

Leo had a feeling the rest of the story would come from Madeline. Undoubtedly Splinter probably knew it all, Killian did talk to him. Splinter was always able to get a story out, no matter how hard they tried to keep it in. Though Mikey was sometimes the exception to the rule. "Raph...he wants to be the leader of the clan. He wants to be able to lead and he thinks he can do better. He was always upset that he wasn't chosen, and a lot of our sparring and fighting comes from that. Nowadays, it's not so violent. He'll still rag on me about battle plans, making sure I see every angle. For the longest time, he fought with a passion that could rivals all of ours. It was a fire...that burns much brighter and much more dangerous than your actual fire."

He paused for a moment, "I always wondered what it'd be like, for him to meet someone. Casey could quell his fire with promises of violence, but Maddie's giving him a whole other outlet, if he wants to take it. I think that fire scares him. It can burn him, consume him. He can burn Maddie, and consume her. He could leave her with a scar she might not be proud to carry like her father-figure is. But at the same time, I'm watching his fire simmer, like he's learning how to contain it till he needs it. And I'm watching another learn how to /burn/. I doubt I make any sense and I'm certain it's waaay to poetic, but...it's what I see. I can't deny it."

Andrea laughed a bit, careful not to get too loud, "That was quite poetic indeed. I agree with the second part better, that he's learning to control it. The first part is certainly more of a fear rather than reality. Raph is a strong man, just like you are. He could probably run things just as well as you do, but with his own flair. Every leader will have different ways of doing things. It's all about compromising. Maddie doesn't mind being led, but she does follow her own path as well. She would no doubt go over Raph's plans with just as much criticism."

"I think he'd listen to her with a lot more patience than he listens to me." Leo laughed a little, a soft contented sigh. "It'll be a hell of a shocker for him if she goes after him instead of me. I don't know if he'll falter, or take it into stride. But you know..." He looked at Andrea kindly. "I get this feeling that his admiration for her would just go right through the roof. Coming against him without fear."

His smile took her breath away, and she felt her fingertips itch to hold a pencil. Leaning forward again she grabbed her regular sketchpad and fished in her bag for her mechanical pencil since it wasn't on the table. "That sounds like Maddie all right. We'll see how things go, huh?"

"Yeah, we will." Leo said, smiling as he listened to the soft scratching of pencil on paper and came to realize that it could easily be a sound that would bring him peace.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 9:40 pm

It'd been four days and he was just fed up. "Cassidiyyyyyy!" Mikey came to his bedroom where Cassi was laying in his bed, knitting along on her project, "I'm so annoyed right now!" he flopped stomach-first beside her uninjured foot, sprawled out.

Cassi paused what she was doing to blink slowly at her husband, "What? Why?"

"The first two days maybe, she was using my stuff and had to be up here, but seriously!" Mikey turned his head to look at her, "Handing each other the popcorn bowl, him handing her things she asks for out of her art stuff. Getting up close and personal while they decide on movies. Yet they haven't touched like at all! How are we supposed to know if they're bonded like we are if they keep missing each other?!"

Cassidy frowned, because that was a dilemma. Maddie and Raph had touched numerous occasions and it was easy to tell that if at least /one of them would stop dancing around/ they'd be perfectly happy. Though Raph did stop punching the bag like it personally offended him. Leo and Andrea were a completely other type of mess. It was like watching someone do a dance and the dance was "how long can you go without touching each other" and Cassidy, the romantic like her husband, knew that was a serious problem. "You know what this calls for?" She asked, sitting up and putting her needles aside. "It calls for drastic measures."

Mikey perked up, getting his elbows under him, "Oh, oh, what do you have in mind? I have been trying but it's not like I can just trip a dancer into falling into our ninja brother."

"Oh we don't need to do that." Cassidy beamed. "See, Andrea might know Maddie and loves her to death. /But/ I have the best friend card."

"Ooooh the best friend card of destiny!" Mikey gasped dramatically, "We can easily get you outa here saying you need some fresh air, or are you going to get Maddie over here?"

"We're going to play the sleepover card. Raph would like that," Cassidy said softly, "but in actuality, we're going to be using her to our advantage. Maddie will be our trumph card. She's always had the good sight. I mean hell, she knew I was in love with you before I even said the words! She never knew you, but she certainly knows a "lover's look" she calls it. She'll be able to call them out on it, or even do something about it. Hell, we could even get advice and see what plan we can come up with all on our own!"

"That sounds absolutely fantastic! Let's do it! Tonight's going to be awesome. We'll have to do our best not to give ourselves away but it's going to be so hard! I'm excited to see what happens!" Mikey bounced and got his knees under him next, crawling up closer to her after handing her her phone since it was on the nightstand, "Maddie does know Andrea best, too. You haven't known her that long."

"Exactly," Cassidy nodded her head as she started up a text. "We'll get Maddie over here, then we'll ambush Maddie and force her to come up to /our/ lair. We'll tell her the problem, we'll listen to her advice /because she's a sage/," she gave her husband just a mild look which he took by sticking his tongue out at her. One time in a video game, he ignored a sage and killed off his clan.

"Alright! Alright, lesson learned I told you that!" Mikey whined, "Let's do this!"

~

Maddie knew that Cassidy had a plan. The moment that she entered the lair, she was grabbed and taken up to Mikey's room, which was oddly both clean and messy at the same time, a messed up bed that had a pair of knitting needles to the side and a Klunk that was happily sprawled out on Mikey's abandoned sketchbook, purring up a storm.

She should've /known/ that it was something like a "get someone together" pow-wow. She just should've seen it coming. She pinched the bridge of her nose, breathed a little and looked at them. They were doing their best impression of Puss-in-boot's eyes and puppy eyes they could.

But they had a point, no one was /that/ careful. No one. Accidental touches /happened/, which meant one of them knew about how a bond works. Which meant that someone was trying their hardest not to /start/ one or at the very least not wanting to know.

"Please Maddie?" Cassidy finally spoke up. "We just want them to be happy, and we're for /sure/ that they're bondmates. They just gotta /do/ something."

Maddie sighed softly, "Alright, alright. I'll...investigate." She said reluctantly. "But that means you owe me, Cassidy."

"Fudge?" Cassidy perked up. "I can make you fudge."

"We'll help you with Raph!" Mikey immediately chirped.

Maddie blinked in surprise. That was...new. She would've accepted the fudge but this? "I suppose that's an even trade." She said softly. "Romantic help for one, for another."

"I'm still making fudge anyway, chocolate's like the ultimate love potion." Cassidy shrugged.

Maddie snorted. "Let's see what I come up with. You guys don't do anything to Leo and Andrea. Let me handle that. As for Raph..." Oh god she was going to regret saying this, "...that's in your hands."

Mikey bounced on his toes, grinning widely at Cassidy, then back at Madeline, "Sure thing! Shoo then while we plot!"

/Raphael I am so sorry./ Maddie thought to herself as she got up from their bed and walked away, shaking her head from side to side. She knew she just caused the world's greatest typhoon and it was going to be interesting. First thing was firs though, and that was seeing the interactions up close and personal.

When Madeline left Mikey turned to Cassidy, "Raph's the easy one! Like any of them he's never dated but Raph's just never been into romance at all ever anyway. I know Donny and Leo at least /read/ or observe people. He'd get mad at me if I tried to give him dating advice, but maybe you could get him to open up in general?"

"I can play the sister-in-law card!" Cassidy beamed. "He might feel comfortable asking me for advice about Maddie since I'm the best friend too." She slumped a little. "But how to /do/ that without making it obvious..."

"Throwing down all the cards today aren't ya babe?" Mikey laughed and kissed her sweetly, "Make it about Maddie. That'll get his attention. Say she's seemed a bit disappointed and ask if there's anything he'd like to tell you? 'Cause you /are/ the best friend and you know these things and you're protective."

Cassidy brightened and she tackled him into a hug. "I love you! You're the best!" She got up swiftly. "I shouldn't do that /now/ but...oh my god I have it! I'll ask him if he wants to patrol with me! I'll ambush him outside."

"You just gotta be careful with your foot, so do it on a calm night," Mikey reminded and hugged her back, "Let's go see what Maddie's doing. Get your yarn and I'll take you downstairs so we can watch the action."

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 11:19 pm

Maddie had to admit, it was really a domestic sight to see. They had a litter of wood carvings and pictures all over the coffee table, a tablet set on the side. So they must have done something with those things, whatever it was. She could see Andrea hunched over her sketchbook, while Leo was whittling away at a block of wood, carving it into a type of bird it looked like. She nodded her head a few times, like she was assessing something before she slipped onto Andrea's side of the couch and slipped her legs underneath the sketchbook.

Leo felt the shift and a slight kick and looked over from his wood carving to see that Madeline had joined in, he kinda wondered where she had been, and his eyes caught on to a sketch that Andrea was doing in her notebook. They were guys, four of them, and it looked like she was trying to get something down. Concept sketches, Mikey would call them. Ideas. "Who are the guys?"

"You are such a cat. Miss 'pet me' Maddie," Andrea teased the woman as she just ignored her and reclined. Rolling her eyes, Andrea made a few quick strokes before setting the pad between her and Leo, "See for yourself," she said airily and shifted her body so she had a better position and put her hands on Madeline's calves, "The usual places from when you crouch too long?"

"Ankles and knees too," Madeline said nearly purring when Andrea started her work. Leo raised an eye ridge as he took the sketchbook, highly amused. He never heard a human purr before. Sometimes him and his brothers, if completely relaxed and Raph or Mikey were doing their thing, would make noises too that was kinda like that. Only more animalistic since they were still turtles regardless of form.

He looked at the pictures that she was sketching and frowned. He noticed their names written above the faces. A hyperactive looking Mikey with a human face, and eyes. His style of hair was completely messy and uncompromising. The face for Donny was more shy, serious, and his hair was a little more kept. He held a kindness and a wariness that he knew was in his brother's face without the human-like features. Raph was just...well...he looked like what a typical bad boy would look like in a comic book. His eyes gleamed trouble, messy but with a purpose, and a self-confident smirk. His, his was a different kind all together. Instead of american like his brothers, he had more Asian like features, a calm facade. His eyes didn't betray anything but still had a spark of mischief and humor, as it should if he was going to survive with three siblings, two who were made of trouble. "I guess that's one way to keep us in the dark."

"I'm keeping my promise in a different form," Andrea glanced over her shoulder, chewing at her lip, "It's...not that I want you guys to be any different than you are. Don't think that at all. I just...I look at you...and get inspired. I have to draw something or my mind will explode from all the ideas. Redrawing scenes that have occurred the last couple days is fun, like Raph and Mikey fighting over the remote is one of my favorites." Not to mention several others, the four of them training or meditating. Plenty of single shots like Donny at his computer, Raph at the punching bag, Mikey playing with Klunk, and Leo doing his katas and that one...a human version of that smile he'd given her the other night. Her stomach twisted as she watched him turn the pages, nervous.

"It's fine, it's a good idea." Leo said brightly and had to smirk when Maddie made a soft whine and nudged Andrea to keep working on her legs.He momentarily wondered what it would feel like if he asked for one, but decided not to. He noticed that Maddie was staring at him, probably trying to figure out if he was lying or not, or if he was telling the truth about the drawings. He placed the sketchbook on the coffee table in kindness since he knew that Maddie would just pout if Andrea would stop working.

Maddie mentally rolled her eyes. /Now/ she saw why Cassidy and Mikey practically begged her for her help. This was just heartbreaking and sad.

"Geez, how many cars and bikes rolled in? It's a wonder you were even walking properly!" Andrea chided Madeline as she rolled and popped her ankles, "I don't think I'll be able to get it all. Raph might have a better time. Isn't he good at massages, Leo? Or was that Mikey?"

Leo would be all to happy to toss him under the bus. "Raph." He said instantly. "Raph's really good with muscle pain. Mikey's good if you just want to relax."

"Really?" Madeline hummed, though she knew what Raph's massages felt like. He rubbed her shoulders once, just once. He was able to get even the deepest knots, but she wasn't certain if flinging her legs into his lap would work like it worked with Andrea. Sure she could /ask/ him, but she wasn't certain if he'd appreciate that or not.

"We'll get him to help you out, one way or another," Andrea grinned at Maddie, "He's seems about ready to trip over himself to help you, anyway."

Wasn't she supposed to be investigating them and not them on her? When did her love life turn into a spectacle? Maddie stuck her tongue out, "I just don't want him to think I'm taking advantage."

Leo shook his head, "Nah. You're too kind."

"I might ask then, if Andrea can't do much." Madeline conceded.

As time passed and Leo and Andrea went back to their respective tasks, Raph joined the fray and was glad to see Maddie there. Mikey had brought Cassidy down and they were all slowly getting things ready for another movie night with more Marvel movies having gotten through the first section of the timeline and were on Avengers 2.

Raph never asked what was going on, but he appeared to be playing along flawlessly as if he had been given the full lowdown. He directed Leo and Andrea to help with blankets and pillow setup while Mikey got the snacks with Cassidy, all the while making sure Madeline had perfect view of how everyone interacted.

"Whose patrolling tonight?" Leo asked after a while of setting up the blankets and pillows, flawlessly without touching Andrea, but he never moved if she got too close. It was like tension was around them and Madeline wanted to bang her head on the nearest hard object. The shame was that it was a debate between throwing herself onto the coffee table and making a scene, or just hitting her head on the pillow...which was /not/ a hard object.

At least Raph looked like he was having the same pain on his face, or was that amusement. Was he laughing at her? Or was he trying to hide a grimace with Leo and Andrea. Regardless she had to admit the blanket, pillow idea was a good one...if they could get them /underneath it/.

"The question is who's already seen this movie to patrol for two hours?" Raph corrected, "It's movie night, Leo! Unless you wanna get outta here so bad. Madeline came all the way over to chill with us, I'm not doing shit." He punctuated this by plopping down next to the female mechanic and tugging her legs onto his lap, grabbing her bare foot, and pressing in a hard circle in the bottom of it. It was like pushing a button as Madeline's head fell back and she groaned.

"Oh good, we thought she might have to beg for that." Leo said offhandedly and Madeline happily purred as she scooted herself closer so that she could give him more skin to skin contact. He handed Andrea a soft, fleece blanket that she could wrap herself in and Cassidy happily appeared with a bowl of popcorn.

"I'm gonna go grab Donny from his research. He wouldn't miss this!" She beamed before squealing at Raph and Madeline as she ran away.

Andrea took the blanket and smiled softly at Leo before choosing a pillow to lean against. It was propped against the couch which was Cassidy's spot and she just draped the blanket over her legs, curling with her arms around them, watching Leo's movements. It was hard without her sketchpad. She'd been using it as a sort of escape and felt a little vulnerable without it.

Raph glanced over and his lips creased at the corners in an unimpressed manner, "Have I been going about things all wrong? Something's felt off all day," he muttered to Madeline.

Madeline blinked a little in surprise and she looked at him curiously. She thought about the way she wanted to say this, but knew that no matter what she said, she'd just throw him into turmoil. "Not all wrong," she said after a moment. "Not all right, but not all wrong."

"Well, gimme a little bit more of an idea. What's the endgame here?" Raph furrowed his brows.

"We're trying to get them to touch," Madeline said after a moment with a sigh. "But don't worry. I'm not doing /any/ better than you are right now. I'm like inches a way from strangling a bitch."

"Who's the trouble one?" Raph rolled his eyes, moving his hands from her feet to her calves, "I can always pick a fight."

"No picking fights yet." Madeline gently poked his arm with her toe. "Cassidy and Mikey begged me to do this, so I'll suffer a bit longer before I resort to drastic measures. I just wanted to see how they interacted, and what sort of situations I'm looking at before I do something. How stubborn is Leo?"

"Of course...Leo's a buy the book type. I suppose is the easiest way I can describe him. He doesn't like deviating from plans, hates it when things go wrong. That's where a lot of our tactical arguments come from because I can be wild or reckless," Raph tilted his head at her.

"Oh god he's one of /those/." Maddie thunked her head down on the couch. "I should've demanded more. I should've said the whole pan of fudge /and/ that favor. But no. No, I thought "oh this will be easy, Cassidy's just not looking" but the fucker..."

Raph's face was an exaggerated surprised one, "What are you going on about?"

Maddie blinked and she looked at Raph and realized right then and there that he hadn't a clue. Not a clue. Oh. She sighed after a moment, well...that was to be expected. She had thought..."Cassidy likes to think I'm cupid. Back when I was Magic, when I was /actually/ Magic, I used to do things like demand things in return for a job." She explained. "Cassidy asked me to get Leo and Andrea to touch. In return I get a half of pan of fudge and a favor."

"Leo's being a pain in the ass about it," Raph concluded, "So, what exactly are you thinking? Coercion? Why not get Andrea to touch him? I noticed a little bit that she reaches for him but he moves or she drops her hand like she realized what she's doing. Am I helping or making things worse?"

"You're doing just fine." Madeline sighed, watching the two of them like if she could mentally /yell/ at them it might work, but they were oblivious and Mikey had pressed play, thank god. "I think what I might do is see what's up on both sides. See if they even /know/ what they're doing."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 11:40 pm

Sure enough, there was always a break after each movie for bathroom and refills on drink and food. Madeline didn't have to do anything about Andrea, as she sort of ambushed her in the kitchen with a hug from behind. "You smell like motor oil." It wasn't really a complaint, but it wasn't a compliment either. It was just a statement.

"I haven't taken a shower," Madeline whined as she let her friend hug her. "Jeez, clingy." She poked her friend's side, enjoying the loud cry and smattering of giggles that accompanied it. "So, what's up between you and Leo? Did you guys have a fight or something?"

"No? We're fine?" It sounded like a question more than a confirmation. "I dunno. I feel weird..." She lowered her voice, glancing over her shoulder at everybody else who was talking smack about the movie. "Something's...strange. Not wrong or bad, but whatever it is it's making me so /sad/ and /disappointed/ and I don't know why. Every time I get close to him something tells me to stop. I physically am unable to put my hand on his shoulder or anything like that, like an invisible barrier is blocking me. So I just tuck my hands away or do something else so I don't try and then look awkward. You're the only one I can really mention this to where it'll make sense."

So that's why Andrea couldn't touch Leo. It would be near impossible for her to do it, too. If that barrier was as strong as it was. She /knew/ she'd have to break Leo's stubborn streak. She doubted she could be as subtle as she was with Andrea, but hell. "Yeah. I've been watching you guys all day." She confessed. "It's strange to me too." It made her frustration disappear a little. "I'm disappointed too." She said after a moment. "not for the same reason as you, but...it's close enough. Be patient, Andy." She patted Andrea's shoulder. "And trust in me."

"I do. Thank you. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm relieved you do at least a little bit," Andrea hugged her again, then set the cup she had in her hand down so she could grab more juice from the fridge.

"Maybe too much." Madeline murmured softly to herself as she quietly left the kitchen and headed back to the living room, to throw her legs over Raph's lap, but to snuggle in the blankets. Now that she had one mystery solved the other could wait. But she mentally reminded herself to yell at them /after/ they got together.

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 12:51 am

Everyone had been asleep for a few hours so far, but Raph was feeling the effects of insomnia. Sighing he sat in the dojo sharpening his sai, the only place he could be so he wouldn't annoy anybody. He looked up when he heard the 'thunk' of Cassidy's boot, "Can't be very stealthy with that thing on, huh?"

"Shhh. I'm /trying/." Cassidy hissed in the shadows, but knew it was a failed mission right from the start. She clunked her way towards the dojo and sat down, noticing how he was sharpening his sai, and the way his shoulders were slumped. "You look like hell."

"Just trying to figure out how to help Maddie I guess. She told me what's going on with Andy and Leo and told me she should've said she wanted the whole pan of fudge," Raphael smiled and poked her cheek playfully.

"Oh it was that bad?" Cassidy asked, giggling a little at the poke. She was so grateful that the brothers weren't afraid to treat her like a little sister. Leo was always a good companion for tea as well as Master Splinter and she enjoyed their stories. Donny was good for online games of checkers since they didn't have a board and he was trying to teach her chess. Failing, but trying. But Raph took it like a duck to water. The moment Mikey introduced them, he was her big brother. Instantly. "I want to help you with Maddie." She blurted out after a moment. "You both looked so comfortable with each other on the couch, but she was so disappointed and I know you like her! But Raph, you have me! You can ask me for advice! I swear I'd never tell Mikester."

Raph blinked slowly at her and then shook his head with a soft laugh, "Dating advice, huh?" He shrugged, "I guess my biggest issue is Leo and Donny would be the classic romantics. Mikey's the dramatic romantic. I kinda just...am...apparently doing whatever." He didn't mind how easily he was telling her this. Cassidy and Mikey were the masters of secrets.

"You don't have a style for what kind of romantic you are?" Cassidy asked carefully, wondering if that was what he was trying to say.

"Basically," Raph nodded, "Like the massage...I just...did it outta nowhere. I had massaged her shoulders before, too, which is where she got my bandanna from. I've suggested motorcycle rides and rock climbing, but I really have no bloody clue what I'm doing."

Cassidy nodded, she understood this. Mikey did say that he didn't have an idea on how romances worked. "Take her out on an adventure, do the motorcycle ride, hell tell her to patrol with you. Do what Mikey and I did, and set out a picnic somewhere. She really loved that you gave her those massages. Touch is so important to her, Raph. It's..." She pursed her lips together, and she sighed. "Have you ever heard of the term "soul mate"?"

"Well, yeah, who hasn't?" Raph rolled his eyes, "It's a common term in chick flicks and crap. Mikey would drag me to a couple and get snot all over me from his crying." A picnic didn't sound like a bad idea. An alright alternative to taking her out to dinner which he couldn't do.

"Reason why I asked that is because..." Cassidy shifted again. "Ugh, Maddie can talk about this better than I can. But, there's a thing that happens. Everyone falls in love differently. Sometimes it's at first sight, first touch, first moment. Sometimes, it's second, third, fourth..." She gestured. "Touch is always the one thing that remains a constant. You feel this...connection. This spark or warmth or even this feeling of being soothed and wanted. You begin to crave it, like craving chocolate or a fight. Sometimes you start knowing or having these ideas that 'hey my girlfriend's having a bad day and I know what to do' or maybe you just have this idea of "Maddie has a mission that she needs to complete, what can I do to make her life easier" am I doing okay? Did I lose you?"

"I did tell her something felt off, and I didn't realize half the things I was doing until I did them. She was definitely determined, but I had no idea about what until later," Raph nodded, "That makes sense, honestly. So you're saying she's my soul mate, then? I know you and Mikey are. Anybody here would agree."

"He's my lifebond, as Maddie would call it. I think she's a traditionalist." Cassidy agreed and nodded. "I think that Maddie is yours. She..." She smiled warmly. "She's relaxed around you. She immediately takes down /every/ shield, including the ward on her arm that she made from your bandanna. She gives you her honesty. She took up her magic again, despite abandoning it. She started fighting in the dojo again. She doesn't even have to begin again. Killian's thinking of making her another teacher. I know he wants to let her inherit it....one day. But that's beside the point. The /point/ is that Maddie is so in love with you...she'd rather be on the battlefield fighting and dying than to sit at home and pray that you'll return. I can do both, I'm willing to do both. But Maddie will /never/ sit. You can lead her to her death, Raph...and she'd thank you for it and love you for it."

Raphael stared at her a long moment before leaning back and resting his head against the dojo wall. "We did have a short conversation, about how she seems to know something that I don't. I don't want to make her sit, but I don't want her to be stupid and die for me, either. To fight with her would be a dream, but I'll be so pissed if she thinks she can play martyr and get away with it." He shook his head, eye closed, "I don't love her...not yet, but I do care, and it grows every time I'm with her. I don't do well when people try to push me, and I think whatever it is that makes us 'lifebonded' helps her know that because she hasn't been in my face. Just hints."

"No one's asking you to be in love with her right now." Cassidy assured hastily. "Good god, it took Mikey and me a good few months before we ever got that far. But..." She shrugged. "It's the first time I saw you look at her with caution. Not of fear of her. I would've slapped you. But...of something else. I know that...you're not the easiest to let your guard down."

"Leo apparently seems to be the goddamn worst. If I'm a difficult boulder he's a freakin' mountain. At least, that's what I got outta my conversation with her," Raph rolled his eyes so hard it looked like it pained him, "I'll figure myself out, Cassi, I promise. I think Leo and Andy are the ones who really need help."

"Maddie's handling that. If anyone can move a mountain it's her." Cassidy waved it off an she smiled gently at Raph. "I just wanted to worry about my brother. I wasn't kidding when I told you that I want you and your other brothers to be happy with whatever and whomever you guys wished. You could say it's my goal and in this war? We could all use a little joy and love." She leaned over and hugged him, not caring if he fought her for it or not. "You deserve it, Raph. You and our brothers deserves this."

Raph smirked and ruffled her air, "Thanks, kiddo." He squeezed her and just let her have what she wanted. No one was around to see, anyway.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 8:26 pm

Getting to hang with Leo was pretty decently easy, Madeline had assumed that he would be hard to get alone, but Leo made time for her all on his own. It had taken a few days, since Madeline was starting to get swamped with people coming and going from her garage and her insomnia finally decided to take a break and let her sleep all night rather than snatches. It made her miss Raph a lot, but at the same time, he was kind of thankful that she was getting some sleep. Apparently, he thought that he might have to resort to matters of his own to get her to rest.

Leo invited her during a time where everyone one was busy, and guided her into his room. It was in the same style like Master Splinters, with a Japanese flair and incense burning. He also managed to find the traditional bedroll for himself, but he didn’t put in a miniature stove for tea. His woodworking didn’t clutter his room, but every single one of them had a place for them to stand in. A few of them, she noticed, were ready to be packed away and shipped.

“Raph told me about the ward you put on the door, and I was hoping to pick your mind about your magic.” Leo said, coming back into the room and handing her a steaming mug of tea. It smelled of apple and spices that wasn’t cinnamon. It was soothing on the throat and easily warmed. “But I can tell you wanted to pick my mind about something too. Is it Raph?”

“Everyone’s assuming it’s Raph,” Madeline blinked. “What on earth did he do to -uh- make you guys jump all over his shell?”

Leo shook his head, “It’s just obvious to everyone that you two are trying your hardest to fit together like a puzzle and yet you don’t have any idea on how to do it.”

“It’s not going to work if everyone decides that Raph’s the problem.” Madeline answered, taking a sip of the tea. “That’s only going to make him shell up and he’s -um- gonna be hurt that I think I can’t talk to him about my needs and my wants. All I asked, was a favor. Nothing more.”

“I see. You’re really different.” Leo mused, “I thought you’d be like Raph…since you mentioned revenge.”

Madeline set her cup down and she leveled her stare with Leo, “Did it bother you that much? That I asked Mikey what he wanted to do with me?”

“It was a little unnerving.” Leo agreed. “Especially your comment about a war. But from what I can gather, you only were against the Foot. You weren’t ever apart of this war, unless there’s another factor we’re not seeing.”

Madeline sighed, “It’s -uh- a lot more complicated than that.”

Leo raised his eyeridge at her. “Complicated than more lives being lead?”

“Like I told your master, magical people are cursed with a long memory. I remember every life, I remember every love. I remember every tragedy.” Madeline picked her cup back up and took a sip. “I can resonate with Andrea, but you and I have never met.”

“We’re meeting now.”

“That’s the point, we’re meeting now.” Madeline said with a nod. “And you’re meeting Andrea. Don’t you find it strange? That you can’t -um- touch her?”

“So, because I jumped over Raph, you’ll jump over me?” Leo asked curiously. “Raph already asked me what my problem was with Andrea, and I told him I didn’t have one. He thought it was funny, shook his head, and muttered something under his breath.”

She was going to have share that pan of fudge. “He always -um- tries looking out for me.” She said fondly. She took a sip of her tea and she sighed, setting it down. “So, why don’t you touch Andrea?”

“Something tells me she wouldn’t like that.” Leo shrugged, “Therefore, I try not to.”

“Even though she reaches out for you?”

“She reaches, but she doesn’t touch either.”

It wasn’t a barrier. She sipped her tea again and she set it down. “Ask me about my magic.”

“Okay…” Leo thought for a moment. “How long have you had your magic?”

“Since I was born and a lot longer,” Madeline explained. “It goes down my family line, at the same time it doesn’t. I just have the oldest formation of it, because I harbor an old soul. I suppose I could tell you the entire story, but I told Master Splinter. The rest isn’t for you.”

“You speak sometimes like you’re older than everyone in the room, and yet sometimes you close up and stutter like you’re not certain.” Leo mused.

“I don’t like meeting -um- new people.” Madeline shrugged. “When I get to know you, I stop. It’s just a social awkward thing. I’m not a butterfly by any means, not like Cassidy.”

“What are you going to do in the war?” Leo asked, “You were always up against the Foot, but what’s your vendetta?”

“I have many.” Madeline said, finishing off the drink. “All I can tell you, is that it had to do with me first. Then Killian. Then Raphael.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Exactly what I said.” She shrugged. “The Foot was my enemy long before Killian made it known that they did something to him that he couldn’t forgive. Raphael is naturally fighting in this war, and I’d be following him.”

“You’d fight a war, if you didn’t know what side you were fighting on…”

“We’ve fought against each other.” Madeline assured. “There were times where we believed the other was wrong, and died on each other’s blades. There were times, where in order to save ourselves, we sacrificed the other. There were even times where we fought on the same battlefield, and died miles apart from each other. There were times where I saw the ending, and lived on without him. There were times, he saw the ending and lived on without me. He was always a fighter, he’s never going to stop fighting.”

Leo gave her a skeptical look and she stood up. “My magic will protect you and your family, I promise.” She assured. “He loves you guys, and I’m not selfish and stupid to just protect one person. But I also know that if there was a choice to be made between him and you guys, well…I’d follow his lead.” She smiled at him. “Thanks for the tea and conversation. I think I’m understanding a little more about you.”

“Makes two of us.”

“Let’s do it again sometime.” Madeline nodded, before leaving him to his thoughts, and her own forming swiftly.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 9:20 pm

"I brought a couple different things. Casey helped me pick one or two." Raph's expression was a bit embarrassed as he pulled out some liquor bottles, "Sake's the obvious one, then I got whiskey, a nice red wine, and a margarita mix." He set them all out and then started taking out the pile of containers from the picnic box. "Homemade meatballs and spaghetti with a three cheese Prego sauce...ugh...steak, broccoli and carrots and several containers with things like ranch and melted cheese...Cassi said to bring horse raddish for you? So I grabbed that too..." he listed off as more and more things appeared on the checkered cloth, "I got cheesecake and chocolate cake for desert and Cassi had to break up the fudge and layer it int he container for it to all fit but she said to give it to you," he laughed and gave her a giant container of just fudge bars.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 9:40 pm

"Thanks," Madeline beamed as she sat down on the concrete. It was a rooftop picnic, on one of the highest buildings that overlooked New York City. The beautiful lights was like looking down at a golden river of stars, sometimes with different colored neon here and there. She took the wine, since it'd go better with the meal, and laughed at the bunches of food. "A feast." She poured the wine in the plastic cups. Not fancy, but fuck that, "It's been a while since I seen this much food." She helped him with the plates and plastic utensils, undoubtedly Cassidy's doing. "You certainly out did yourself.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 10:10 pm

"I -heh- I tried. I'm not the cook Mikey is, not by a long shot...I mean, he made the noodles in the spaghetti, but I made the meatballs and steak." Raph grabbed some carrots to go with his steak and started cutting it up, "Cassi helped me with what you liked and didn't like. I really gotta thank them for a lot. What are you going to dig into first?" he took the wine and 'clinked' cups with her before taking a nice swig.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles   TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

TMNT Rae/VC - 2003 Turtles
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next