Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Price of Will - VC & Lynx

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 8:03 pm

"You're just about as old as I am, yet you're here posing as a human school girl in a hideous red uniform. Why? One of the more obvious questions, but it still needs to be asked," Hiei leaned one arm on the table, "Are you hiding from something or someone?"

"Neither," Hisako blinked a little in surprise. Why would demons hide in the /human/ world? There were /spirit detectives/ around. Well, used to be anyway. "I just like being here sometimes. It's like a vacation and I go to school for a hobby. I like their music competitions."

Now that made Hiei stare at her quite a bit longer than intended. He remembered reading through Kurama's textbooks when he wasn't using them, such as the history ones. He also got the basic math down from what he could make of it since Kurama was logical in stating he couldn't steal everything and might actually have to calculate money to buy something at some point. Which he had. "I liked art. At least, what Kurama would bring back from his art class to work on after school. The precision intrigued me. It also fascinated me that human history can be just as bloody and brutal as we can be."

"I like the history too." Hisako smiled brightly, "It makes me feel like we're not so alone in our brutality. That even though this world is clean, it's not pure. I do admit, I'm no artist. I admire them though. What brought you to the human world? Not the prophecy."

"A long time ago. Before Yusuke, I came to the human world following another demon. I encountered Kurama, though I was shocked to find he had soul jumped. I enlisted his help finding three different artifacts to get more powerful, rule the world. He agreed to help me steal them, but we spent quite a bit of time looking. Then his mother fell ill and he used the Forelorn hope to cure her." Hiei shrugged, "That was the start of my many adventures with the group I'm with. Now I'm in the human world for the prophecy. I do work for Mukuro on the side, but that's become when she has an emergency now that Yusuke is king."

"I bet you're not exactly pleased to talk to the La'tai." Hisako said softly, "What do you do with King Yusuke?"

"For all intensive purposes, I am his second in command and Kurama is his Adviser," Hiei explained, "Our dynamic is fairly the same, but Kurama is more dedicated to giving Yusuke advice and doing paperwork because otherwise Yusuke wouldn't have gotten anything so organized within the month of killing the bitch who won the final tournament."

"That is true." Hisako agreed solemnly. "When she became queen, I immediately decided to go into hiding. I didn't need her on my tail if she decided to ruin the world and needed allies. I was very cheerful when I heard that King Yusuke and your friends killed her."

"I'm certain a lot of people were," Hiei nodded, "Yusuke never wanted to be King, but we all agree he's ready now. He really should get back to doing his duties, but this is just as important which is why we haven't mentioned anything." He paused, "You are the shadow we're looking for, and I think I figured out why everything is so off. You have the ability to disguise yourself. It's not just glamour, however. It's a power. A rare power at that. Useful for being an assassin overall."

Hisako's smile widened just a little and she titled her head at him. "I like you." She said after a moment. "You see things that other people don't see, or don't like to acknowledge. That's a rare thing in itself." She paused. "But I think that's why you're an artist. They have their eyes open. Let me know about the trip to demon world, and if you need me to come. I can't go immediately to the La'tai. I got Kei to look after first, but it's practically a pitstop."

"Do you visit them often? You are honestly very familiar with them from all the information you gave us earlier." Hiei furrowed his brows.

"I wouldn't say I visit them. If I did that, the artifact would've been in my hands and none of this would be happening right about now. I read a lot though, it's one of my hobbies beside blending with the crowd." She replied after a moment of thought. "I'm knowledgeable about the history that was lost, because we didn't just kill for the Royal Family. We guarded their secrets, sometimes even their graves if they deserved it and died in a way we thought deserved it. King David did not want guards at his. Not that we would be able to. His body disintegrated. Who knows if it's in the human world, demon world, or never to be seen again."

"Then you know enough but not everything. I can tell you that whatever they have to say, they won't tell us until we have all of you together. You were the last piece we were missing." He crossed his arms over each other on the table, "I'll have to let them know, and the sooner we go back the better."

"Joy." Hisako said dryly. "I'm still making that pit stop."

"I don't care," Hiei shrugged, "Since you came all this way back, I'll leave you to it. I'll sleep in the tree outside and we can return to the temple in the morning."

"Are you sleeping in the tree because you want to sleep in the tree or do you /really/ think I'm going to let you sleep in the tree? I have human manners Hiei." Hisako teased him gently. "I can lay out a futon unless you're really wanting to be out there." She eyed the window a bit wearily, but still.

"Do you /have/ an extra futon? Something tells me you don't make friends to have sleepovers with." Hiei deadpanned.

She burst into sudden laughter, not really knowing /why/. "Okay! Okay you caught me. I was going to be nice and sleep underneath here." She patted the table.

"I'll sleep on the /floor/, woman! Sleep in your own goddamn bed, but if I'm staying I'm sure you haven't eaten since school lunchtime so make food for us both as I'm missing dinner at the temple." Hiei was ridiculously close to doing that human thing where he threw his hands up at her.

Hisako cracked up harder and she fell backwards on to her back. She sighed before getting herself up and to the kitchen. "Yes husband-dear." She called over her shoulder, just to rile him up and laughed again when he glared at her. She didn't know why, but...he was really a breath of fresh air, hands down.

()
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Ryoko was pretty sure no one expected what Hisako really looked like when she showed up at the temple looking like she'd stepped straight out of a scene from Lord of the Rings. Her armor would probably be considered 'medium' in video games with all that leather and the plates scattered about, with her tactical belt of clearly visible knives between many many pouches. Who knew just how many weapons she /really/ carried. Saiyuri was absolutely terrified, that much was certain with how she clung close to Masa without actually clinging. Even Shika had seemed wary, except she relaxed when Hiei and Kurama had a short conversation that calmed her nerves.

Masa had used his water teleport powers to get them to Saiyuri's home village. Hisoka used her cowl to cover most of her face so not to scare any of the folk. After a quick reassurance and making sure everyone was doing well and healing, they let Hisoka be the guide to the Lost Village, watching her hair swish too and fro in it's braid down her back.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 10:30 pm

They only had to walk a few miles away and towards the mountain, climbing it was another story. It was quite interesting to know that Saiyuri and Hisako could’ve been “next door neighbors” way back in the day. She didn’t say much, but there were times where she would suddenly just go into her pack and take out some water and just pass it along. She always started with Kuwabara and Kimi first, and let them circle it around. It was easy to figure out /why/ though. The air was thinner, and it was harder to catch a breath if someone wasn’t used to climbing mountains. A few times Hisako just suddenly stopped and paused, while Kimi was trying to catch her breath or even Kuwbara, the rare times that it happened.

But once they got to the peak, Yusuke could see why it was called “Lost”. The village was completely wiped, like Hisako had told them. There were structures that were still standing, piles of wood that made themselves like monuments. There was moss and vines growing over the buildings that had fallen. Wild grass was tall enough to touch Yusuke’s waist, but a lot of it had been smothered down by something or another. The only building that wasn’t touched by the earth, was the only building that was intact. It was in the middle of the village, and it had a mat instead of a door.

They didn't go inside, in fact Hisako was just about to walk right past it when something huge came barreling out of the door. He forced himself between Hisako and the newcomers, tensing on all fours and growling. He's body was a red and orange color, with a flaming mane and a tail tipped with fire. It swished around irritatedly, making pretty colors in the sky.

"No Kei. We don't attack our clients." Hisako said calmly, making the lion stand up, but not totally out of it's protective stance. She ducked her body underneath he's neck, patting him to let him know that she was there. "Guys this is Kei. Kei, these are our clients. You know the rules. Once hired, we protect them."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 4:10 pm

"Wow. No wonder you wanted to come by. How long has it been since you came to see him?" Ryo blinked curiously, "He's such a pretty baby!"

"Yeah, totally! Look at that mane! If it was fur instead of flame then I'd want to pet him! As it is, it looks like he'd sear my skin right off," Kimi agreed.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 4:15 pm

"He's such a cutie." Kuwabara agreed, looking happy. "I wonder what it plays with. That'd be pretty cool. Oh my god, I wish I brought my laser pen, we could've tested it. I didn't know you were a cat person!"

"Just a few days, not too long. Otherwise, I'd be in a lot of trouble. His body is nothing but fur, just a bit on the hot side. You'll be okay if you pet him there or on the nose." Hisako said patting his nose, "Just be careful of his mane and his tail. How on earth do you think I travel? Walking? I'd die." She looked at Kei. "Go on, be nice." She gently patted his flank and he let out a soft purr, like an agreement and she watched, amused as it went to Ryo and butted his head against her shoulder, making her stumble a little. "You made a friend! Congrats!"

"Well Kuwabara looked like he died and went to heaven." Yusuke said, watching as Kuwabara let out an ungodly squeal and went over to Ryo's side to pet the lion. "I bet he's gonna start looking for a demon cat now."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 6:15 pm

"How many people can he carry?!" Kimi joined Kuwabara and Ryo, flicking her fingers through his mane and it really was hot, but just as soft as she expected. If she was a demon she was sure she could pet him without an issue. "Oh just lookit you, soaking up all this attention!" She cooed with a giggle.

"Your cat is just as solitary as you are." Hiei commented.

Kurama smiled, "Is Kei coming with us or did you just want to check on him?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 6:26 pm

"Coming with." Hisako looked at Kurama sharply, before softening her look and looking back at the lion who happily laid down on it's legs and let them pet his back, purring with a loud contentment. Even Saiyuri, who was still on the edge about Hisako, walked over and patted the lion, the lion occasionally trying to find one of them to be a "vicitim" of his tongue baths. Kuwabara's squealing practically matched the girls. "I can't just leave him alone. He'll feel like I abandoned him and then I'll have an angry lion on our ass all the time. No. Safer to be with me. He can carry about four of us. So three plus me. Unless you're injured." She turned to Hiei and gave him a smile, though it was hidden behind her cowl, "So you're saying I'm a social butterfly?" She teased.

"So you don't have any teleportation powers?" Yusuke askd, "Like Hiei has his speed so he doesn't really count, but I mean like..." he gestured towards Masa. "He can go through waters. If we ever needed it, Botan can sometimes pull up portals too."

"I have them, I just don't use them unless I absolutely have to." Hisako explained. "For an example, I could teleport us to the mouth of the La'tai's village so we don't have to go through the maze of hell if we really need to. I could probably teleport us to Saiyuri's village. I can't your palace, and I can't Fundir's mansion. I don't know where they are for one, and two your palace is in a desert. There's no shadows there Not enough to build a stable portal."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 6:35 pm

"So do we have to go through the maze?" Masa paled, "There's a mineral lake near the volcano I was able to use to take us all home...I could get us that far from a nearby river around here, and then maybe you could get us to the mouth from there? Less distance, less of a toll?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 11:05 pm

"We can do that," Hisako said, though her complexion was paling too. "I mean, it is less distance, so...it shouldn't be a problem. You'll have to go before me though."

"Sounds good," Yusuke said, "but how the fuck is a Lion going to go through a water portal?"

"He knows where the La'tai are." She patted him. "We'll meet him at Sayuri's village. Since the water can be connected through there. We can take a break and then start wherever we need to go." She looked at Kei. "Understand? Go to Suzuki village. Don't let the villagers see you. I'll find you, I promise."

Kei didn't look too pleased with the idea, and stood up. He butted his head against Hisako's before running off, tail swishing behind him. They could hear him all the way down the mountain, and then faintly afterwards. She took a breath and turned to Masa, "The river's just near here, behind the village. It's pure water, no blood's ever touched it, so don't worry."

"Huh, you don't hear that everyday." Shika mused, but followed her towards the river so that they could at least get started.
~+~
The water portal had been easy. A skip and a hop, but when it came to Hisako's portal, they could see the strain it took. Masa just waved his hands, the water glowed, boom. It took a lot of energy, but even he admitted that he at least practiced it.

But Hisako didn't practice, or if she did she didn't do it often. She made the portal, with stable hands, but the moment they all got through just fine. She was the last one and she nearly fainted, grabbing on to the dirt as she breathed raggedly, her body shaking with effort.

"Jesus, are you okay?!" Yusuke asked, going over to her side, Hiei oddly coming close. "You should have told us it would hurt you this much."

She held her hand up, telling him to stay back as she tried to keep her breathing under control. But her skin was pale and he could see sweat beading at her skin. She shook her head from side to side, slowly crawling her way back to a perfect seat, sometimes she had to stop, her nails biting at the ground tightly as she breathed. Sometimes it wasn't the ground her nails dug into, but her own skin, bleeding it. "I'm.....okay." She said after a moment of just breathing harshly. "I...you could....go ahead."

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 12:54 am

"Go on," Kurama motioned to Masa, Kuwabara and the others, leaving just himself, Hiei and Yusuke to watch Hisoka carefully.

That didn't last very long at all when Hiei looked up at him and then shooed Yusuke back, kneeling down and he had to focus into his hand, but he was able to summon an all fire miniature of Kei, almost as if he had done it with ice like Yukina or Touya. "He's your companion, and you left him behind. So...let this stay with you instead." He set it in her own hands, the fire a cold one instead of a hot one, not that anybody but them knew that at this moment. He watch her eyes readjust to the change in lighting. He didn't forget last night, how she had 'fallen asleep reading a book' but the light had been on all night. He didn't care either way.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:27 am

Hisako took the fire miniature gingerly, like she was cradling something precious. Alight, Yusuke could see the wild abandon in her eyes, the fear that was slowly edging away. Her hands, her arms were still shaking, and she was still pale, but she was pulling herself together. She held it a little closer to her, like she was drawing strength, or even just pulling herself together before she gave Hiei a timid smile. A smile, Yusuke recalled seeing again and again on her. Afraid, yet...hopeful.

"I'm okay." She said, a little more strongly than she was able to before. She got herself up, stumbling a bit, but she looked a little better, she placed the miniature on her shoulder. Yusuke nodded his head, mentally reminding himself not to tease them for this. Hiei doing a good thing usually was an open door to be teased but...not for this.

Together the three of them silently agreed to drop the topic and continued on wards to the camp, everyone waiting at the Elder's tent. The light helped cast away a lot of the shadows, and the darkness easy to quell.

"You came, I wasn't sure you would." The elder said, speaking directly to Hisako as they approached.

She shrugged. She didn't have the energy to shake them like she wanted to, instead, she touched the fire miniature, and breathed. She needed it more than she needed answers.

"So now can you tell us more about whatever the fuck we're doing?" Yusuke demanded. "I think all of us who were pulled from our homes would love an answer right now."

The elder tossed a bone, clicking it against a rock. It echoed around the village, silencing noise they didn't even know they were hearing. All they could hear now, was their own breathing and the sounds of the lava moving downstream to wherever that it could be.

"When the worlds were first tied together
We had a King we banded under.
This King was our hopes and dreams personified.
He saw the world in distress,
when demons and humans started to love less.
He created a box, within it a wish.
For all things to be right, for all things to be fixed.
He made the Barrier Keeper keep a promise,
To keep the war away from us.
He asked the Prophetess
About the consequences
She told him that danger will follow his children
And their children.
She promised that they would survive,
They would learn how to not just live, but be alive.
He sealed the wish with a promise to his children.
He did not know if he’ll be alive to see them, but knew what he was leading them in.
Find the box, make a wish. Bring the worlds together or keep them apart.
You’ll know when you find it, and you’ll understand your heart.
Whatever you wish for, your friends will be your allies.
Your loves will be your lifelines.
If you decide to make a wish, know that they are in your hands.
Their happiness, their loves, their homes and lands.

When everyone is found, the family is made again.
The cycle will begin anew.
For better or for worse, only the Prophetess knew.
She believed it worth the pain.
He took her words for granted,
He believed in a generation come forward.
Now it’s your turn to take the path onward.
To make a wish and save the world,
Or to leave it to fate’s twirl."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 5:30 pm

"So that tells the tale of the past and present." Kurama hummed, "Not really much to go on for helping us against our enemy."

"Speaking of, we were told it was one of your own or something that took it on their way to Spirit World," Ryo added, "What can you tell us about that? We don't even know how to go about finding them or the box."

"What are we wasting our time for?! They're just going to give us nothing but riddles. We should have been spending this time doing just that, finding this thief and dispatching them." Hiei gripped his sword on his belt, gritting his teeth.

"I've no idea what's going on, but everybody's suddenly super agitated. I'm just going to sit here and let you guys figure it out," Kimi plopped down and fanned herself. Protective necklace or not, it was so freaking hot.

Masa just wanted to get out of the burning hellfire surrounding them and he actually got himself closer to Shika, fidgeting, "We really don't know what we're up against and that's a bad thing."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 5:46 pm

"One of ours and a ferry girl took the item." The La'tai explained softly. "But ours didn't return."

"I'm going on a limb here and saying that neither did the ferry girl." Shika frowned.

Yusuke snapped his fingers, "We could ask Botan about the ferry girl, and maybe where her last location was. You know, that's probably why we don't know the enemy. What demon would know what a ferry girl's thinking? Botan's got this."

"Unless the girl's dead. That's a possibility too." Hisako said, sitting down on the ground, folding one of her legs down while her other one remained propped. "The prophetess...hmm I wonder." She looked at Kimi and then at Kuwabara before frowning deeply and turning her attention on Masa and Saiyuri.

The Elder nodded solemnly. "Fates of two aren't known to us. But we do know that there's many enemies of the Royal Family that are still around. Some live on other islands, while others are closer than you might think. The artifact could fall to any of them. But they don't know how to use the wish. They aren't certain of what the sacrifice is."

"So we have time till they pass it along? That's the game?" Kuwabara frowned deeply and turned to Yusuke. "I dunno man, I think that's a waste of energy and a waste of resources."

"Yeah and I got a kingdom to run. I ain't really supposed to do this whole running around shit." Yusuke sighed, "But that's all I'm really known for."

"You're also known for doing things stupidly and yet have everything magically work out. We're thinking logically." Shika pointed out. "So maybe we need you not to look at this logically?"

"Then my only response to that would be I wanna punch someone in the nose." Yusuke admitted.

"Well I think Hiei might want to beat you to it. Hisako looks just as close." Shika smirked.

Saiyuri was the only one who spoke up, "Did the Prophetess leave behind a more detailed song?"

"We are not searching for-" Yusuke was cut.

"The Prophetess saw many things, she wrote them in extreme detail." The La'tai Elder agreed.

"Who do we know has awakened any past lives?" Saiyuri looked at Yusuke and his friends. "Surely you know someone?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 9:29 pm

"Uncle Touya and Jin," Masa told Saiyuri, "They're shinobi. It's part of their training. They're at least as old as my mother, too, so they've had plenty of time to hear lots of things on their travels. Do you think they might know about the artifact more personally?"

Everyone looked at each other and Yusuke gripped his hair and holding back a scream. "Out of all the /stupid things!/ Whose closer?!"

"I think we broke King Yusuke," Hisako said, sounding a little impressed.

"Isn't Touya in the human world?" Shika asked curiously, "or at the very least somewhere near there? If we go back to the human world, then we don't have to keep Kuwabara and Kimi around. They have school, from what I understand. And so does Hisako."

"It's a hobby, not a life or death situation." Hisako replied giving Shika a look. "I'm already here, it doesn't matter which direction I go, so long as Kei's somewhere safe."

"We could stay here for the day," Kimi offered, "School's over. Just as long as we're back this evening or before morning classes."

"I don't think Ka-san's met the children," Masa pointed out, "Maybe...they can come here? Not all of us have to return back, anyway. We just need Uncle Touya for information."

"I dunno, Yukina's pretty strict about staying in the human world. The kids I think she'd worry about." Yusuke frowned, "But you're right, not all of us have to go. It'll be kinda silly." He frowned looking at Kuwabara and Kimi. "And it's dangerous, even with the necklaces if you stick around."

"Then let's go back to Saiyuri's village and grab Hisako's lion," Masa looked at Kimi and she reminded him of a melting candle, "Then I can send the humans home and Uncle Touya can come to the mansion."

"What's your place like?" Kimi looked up at him.

"Uh...it's all lush greenery? It's also 'fancy' in your terms." Masa shrugged.

"I want to see it! I bet it's a lot better than this place anyway!" Kimi peeled herself from her position on her back and dusted herself off.

"We're going to hell." Hisako looked up at the ceiling, and stood up. "I'm making us a portal to get /out/ of the volcano. Then /you/ dowse the rest of us in water and give me something I can follow your portal with so my lion doesn't /die/."

"Can you do a portal without dying?" Yusuke asked.

Hisako flipped him off at the same time created a portal to get /out/.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:39 pm

It was so /wonderful/ to be out of that awful place and Masa was to first to suggest a drink, only for the question 'what kind' to be asked. Part of him want to say 'water of course' but then he thought about it and agreed it was a good question. Once they all got water from the well, Kei came prancing over to Hisoka, his purring reminded him of thunder. "I think someone's happy to see his momma."

"I did raise him, so...you're not to far off." Hisako's cheeks flushed as she reached up and gently started petting him, murmuring softly to Kei. Kei rubbed himself against Hisako and sometimes gave her cheek a wet kiss before purring and nudging her again. He wandered off towards Hiei and bumped his head into his back.

Hiei glanced over his shoulder and blinked at Kei. He reached up and was able to really scratch under his mane since he was a fire demon. This caused Kei to purr even louder and started rolling his shoulders and head trying to get him to scratch everywhere. "Your pet looks ridiculously happy, Hisako."

"Who knew that Hiei's a cat person." Kuwabara blinked. "I've been too scared to let him near my cat."

"Hiei's a cat personified. Can't you tell?" Yusuke teased, gesturing over to them. "Look. It's like they found a pride."

"Dogs are annoying and are too noisy. The only thing they're useful for is to guard. Cats will leave when they're done with you." Hiei motioned to Kei who fluffed himself out with a shake and moved to someone else.

Which happened to be Kurama. Fox or not, Kei knew that he was bigger than the demon and that his plant powers were just going to burn away. He /also/ smelled really good and Hisako trusted them enough to let them near him. So, fair game.

"I could do something terrible you know that right?" Kurama patted Kei's nose and then rubbed his ears, looking over at Hisako.

"You could," Hisako said slowly, watching Kurama but not really out of suspicion. "I hear burning alive is a terrible death."

"Oh, no, nothing to warent /that/," Kurama hummed and reached into his hair, knowing everybody was watching him. He pulled out a four leafed plant in a 'plus' form and two smaller spud leaves on top.

"Catnip," Kimi stared at Kurama in terror.

Kei started purring loudly, looking happy and excited. His tail swished back and forth dangerously.

"Oh my god you're going to make my lion /high/ are you outta you're goddamn mind?!" Hisako asked, blinking at him in horror. Shika was cracking up laughing so hard, she had to sit down.

"We need something that it can chase." Kuwabara said looking around. "Like a bird or something."

"I'm both horrified and amused and I think I'm being corrupted." Saiyuri admitted, looking torn between the two.

"I wanna see what happens," Masa agreed.

"Welcome to the Whose Demon Line Is It Anyway where everything is fucked up and brutal and we torture animals for fun." Yusuke drawled.

"Aw, I'm hurt you think this is torture," Kurama swished the catnip around and Kei tried swiping for it, which evolved into a playful game of catch.

Hisako just watched this evolve and she sighed after a moment of watching them. Well, as long as Kei didn't burn the fox, she was pretty certain that it was okay. She hadn't expected her lion to be a hit though. Girls were one thing, suicidal foxes another.

"Eeek!" Kimi suddenly shouted reaching out to grab Kuwabara's shirt and jumped behind him, "OH MY GOD!" she screamed.

Ryo watched as a lot of thing happened at once in rapid-fire motion as soon as she did that.

Shika reached up and grabbed Kurama's hand and pulled him towards her the moment Kei saw something streak across the grass and started chasing after it, a playful growl coming from him. Kuwabara had grabbed Kimi's hand and had his sword out in the other in panic mode when he saw the streak, and watched in mute horror as Kei chased after it. Kei barreled past Hisako, not caring that she was on his war path and she was knocked straight into Hiei.

Ryo and Yusuke on the other hand were now bent in half laughing their asses off as everyone came to their senses. When Kei knocked Hisako over, it'd been backwards into Hiei, but with her reflexes she'd turned and they'd landed face to face. Kurama was still holding Shika's hand tightly, but he was starting to chuckle as well. Kuwabara and Kimi were breathing heavy and Masa had his arms around Saiyuri when he'd also pulled her out of the barreling path of the lion.

"Isn't this supposed to be reversed?" Hiei drawled at Hisako, expression unimpressed, but his increased breathing betrayed his tone.

Hisako could feel the tingle of the spark go through her nose and across her cheeks. It was the weirdest feeling in the world, and she was trying to get her head out of a daze. His eyes were mesmerizing, and she felt like she was caught in a trance of sorts. "Woman on top not your thing?" Was her only question she could ask right now. She never thought she'd feel the bond like this.

The flip happened in a flash, something he was known for, and he stared down at her with a low growl, "Only if you fight me for it and earn it."

She gasped as he flipped them, she hadn't expected it. But hearing him growl...oh. "Sounds like a challenge." She said breathlessly. She didn't realize this, but he was pressed up close, and one of his hands was gripping her wrist. If she had a heart, it was probably rapidly beating right now. Though he undoubtedly could feel the change in temperature, and the bond sparking like it's electrical wires were cut.

"It seems a couple people found their bonds," Kurama commented as Hiei stared at Hisako for a moment longer before he shoved himself off and gripped her by the wrist to haul her to her feet before she could even catch her own bearings. Once on her feet he stepped several paces away from her, watching her closely. Taking a gander at the rest, Masa and Saiyuri didn't seem to change much. Ryo and Yusuke were on the ground catching their breath and wiping tears from their eyes, but no change either. Kuwabara and Kimi were staring at their hands like it was a new science experiment, however.

"Romance is in the air," Shika beamed happily. "Kuronue's gonna be upset he didn't see any of this."
"The shocks aren't hurting you are they?" Kuwabara asked, but found himself unable to let their hands go. "So weird...it's not hurting me on my end..."

"No...no, not at all," Kimi shook her head and squeezed his hand rather than try to let it go, her eyes meeting his and she felt like she had ran the full track at school five times. The sparkling flare of his sword caught her attention next and she reached up to touch it, "This is gorgeous. You make this with your spirit energy?" His energy toyed with hers and they mingled to the point she couldn't really tell them apart. It was overwhelming and at the same time she couldn't get enough of it.

"His sword is bigger than the one downstairs so you're gonna be disappointed." Yusuke called over to them.

"Jesus christ Urameshi shut the FUCK up!" Kuwabara groaned. "Can't keep your mind outta the damn gutter for a second!"

"OH! I think you hit a nerve, Yusuke," Ryo teased with a smirk at the King.

"It's okay. The only nerve I'm touching is that he compensates." Yusuke loudly whispered.

"Sorry, we'll talk about how to create spirtiual weapons later." Kuwabara said apologetically as he let his sword go and Kimi's hand before chasing after and jumping on Yusuke. "I'M GONNA PUNCH YOU!" and Yusuke let out the most girly scream ever.

Hisako just blinked at the sight and she sighed loudly, looking up at the sky. She felt something bump into her shoulder and she looked to see Kei happily holding a dead rat in his mouth and dropping it by her feet and laying down to start eating it. She sighed loudly again and rolled her eyes. "My god."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 12:12 am

"Everybody's back!" Naia smiled as she saw the people coming from her son's portal piling onto the walkway. "You keep bringing more and more people with you each time, Masa." She stuffed the garden spade back in the dirt and stood up, peeling off her gloves.

"Ah...yeah, I do." Masa rubbed his forehead of the sweat, and he was shaking a bit, "Hope you don't mind, Ka-san?"

"No, of course not. This mansion hasn't seen this much activity in ages, I'm sure," Naia's smile faltered, "Is there anybody else you were supposed to bring through?"

"I was supposed to go get Uncle Touya to bring him here. He has important information," Masa frowned.

"Then go on, I'll help someone else do it," she waved her hand to shoo him, "It's been too long as it is. You shouldn't have strained yourself."

"I lost track of the days, that's all," Masa bowed to is mother, then looked at the others who were confused except for Kurama who looked sad and Shika who was simply knowing, "I'll join you all in a little bit."

"You go kid." Shika waved before smiling brightly. "Hello Naia! Long time no see."

"Shika! How lovely! Kuronue was telling me all about his trip to see you. I'm glad you and Kurama found each other again," Naia came over to her and then saw the tall brunette, "I could've mistaken you for a shinobi, but you're an assassin." Glancing at Yusuke with an arched brow, she shook her head, "You do attract an interesting band of people."

Shika blushed and she gently gestured towards the assassin. "Her name is Koizumi Hisako." Hisako raised an eyebrow up. "Though I think you'd know her better as "The Lost Assassin" I mean it's better than the "Lost Child" or "Child of the Lost" it makes her sound more like a pet."

"I also have a mouth. It's quite useful." Hisako deadpanned.

"But Naia, did you notice the big flaming lion?!" Shika gushed. "It's awesome. Of course, you already met everyone else....No. You missed Kimi-chan and you missed Ryo. Saiyuri's adorable. I think she's Masa-kun's date."

Saiyuri looked over at Kurama, who was looking at Shika quite fondly. Exasperated, probably because he knew that was coming, but fondly. It made her smile a little. It kept her distracted from her worry about Masa. "Uh?" She just realized that Shika said something about a date. "What?"

"I did notice the lion," Naia glanced at the big burly demon cat and reached up to pat it's head a few times, then looked at Saiyuri, "You really think so, hmm, Shika? Well...Saiyuri-chan, if you go ahead ad go inside, I'm sure Kuronue will tell you where Masa is."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Shika watched Saiyuri run in ahead, and she could feel everyone else's confusion about what just happened. She felt bad, but she knew that if Saiyuri and Masa were bonded, then she had every right to know about what he went through, and what he had to do. Luckily he didn't have to offer blood, that ended on Kuronue's side which was nice. But magic was still strong and vibrated through.

"I think we're kind of exhausted, Naia-chan." Shika said after a moment, "The La'tai weren't much help this time around and Kei over there decided that a rat would be a nice snack after it startled Kimi."

"I think we're all running on adrenaline now, and I'm about ready to throw a punch at something." Yusuke agreed.
~+~
Saiyuri was kind of shocked to see the main house's bath. It was huge, and probably could fit more than two people. The stones were smooth like river rock, and in the middle of it was Masa, his energy flexing between going haywire and completely controlled. He was clutching at himself, nails biting into his arms as he let the energy wash over him like a waterfall. Her eyes caught sight of blood steadily dripping and hitting the stones. It created a spark every time that it would fall on to the ground.

"Masa..." Saiyuri whispered, but knew that there was nothing she could really do. She walked a little closer, but his energy went up, like a warning. Biting her lip, she found a place to sit, and she knelt on the ground, mesmerized by the stones and how smooth they were. She could wait. She wasn't about to do something that'd harm him.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 8:52 pm

He didn't /have/ to draw blood, no, but it was a lot faster than letting it come out on it's own. What normally took an hour at a relaxed pace took only five to ten minutes depending on how long it had been. As he had gone several days, it would certainly take a while. She just had to walk in just after he'd started...

He could feel her. As his energy fluxed and expanded in his rushed pace, he could feel hers react. It snapped back in defense at first, startled because his was so harsh, but then it shifted. Became gentler and accepting. It was so strange. He hadn't had anyone sit in on him releasing his energy since it first began to be a problem. His fascination with her presence was a welcome distraction, and he chanced a look in her direction.

As he'd removed his shirt, it was easy to see that his arm that he had cut was held out over the drain. The blood still crackled and sparked when it hit the stone. His nails had grown and bitten into his bicep so harshly that the blood dripped down and off of his elbow. His golden eyes were glowing and appeared more demonic for his true nature. Still, she only appeared more fascinated by what she saw.

By now his energy had filled the room, contained by the stone and he breathed heavily as he watched her. Such a pure creature. The others he felt correct. She was less like a demon and more like a human priestess. "So the question becomes..." his voice was much deeper and had a rumbling growl to it, his fangs sharper and his wings fluttering behind him, "Are we already tainted by being demons? Or would I be tainting a benevolent being such as you with a curse like this?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 11:53 pm

His growl went through her like a live-wire, but Saiyuri frowned deeply at his question. He looked completely demonic, like something walking out of Lucifer's kingdom. His energy was strong, but she could smell the hint of blood and steel. His wings folded in on himself, sometimes flaring out on mood. It made him look dangerous and intimidating, but not to her. No, he looked like the beautiful demon god himself. He was gorgeous...drop dead in fact.

It looked like he was done, so she stood up carefully. Her legs feeling numb after sitting on the stone for some time. She walked over to him and carefully placed her hand against his cheek. She felt the bond spark through her fingertips, running down the crook of her arm, and she could swear she knew what a beating heart felt like.

"I can tell you is that I don't see love or a bond or compassion of any sort as a taint." Saiyuri stroked the edge of his cheekbone with her thumb, staring at his eyes and not looking away. "You're worried about my purity all of the sudden...why?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Eyes wide, his body felt like pins and needles with the sparks. His energy pulsed and he became a lot more attuned to hers. What he had dispelled had faded and he wasn't worried about his arm. The picks on his bicep were faded, but he'd have to knit the cut. "The others..." he swallowed, his mouth suddenly dry, "They explain it so plainly. You are like a human priestess...so kind and compassionate. I saw you fighting when we met, such a hard look on your face...and the determination to help everyone. Your village and the others. You'd spread yourself thin in a heartbeat, not a care about yourself..." His wings were flared to their full length and he felt like he was burning by touching her, but in such a good way.

He brought his own hand up to hesitantly caress her face, chest heaving. "So sweet and beautiful..." he murmured, his face closer to hers, "I'd hate to see you fade away..."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 5:58 pm

"But I'm not a human," Saiyuri said softly, letting their foreheads touch, letting their breath mingle between each other. "Don't let me fade away if you can help it." She brought him a little closer and pressed her lips against his. Closed mouth and chaste, but still passionate and warm.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 10:55 pm

~*~

"I feel like we've been left out of something." Ryoko hummed to Yusuke as they were all lounged in the living room area, "Everyone's acting different. Hiei's super close to Hisako, and then we already knew Kurama and Shika were a thing. Kuwabara and Kimi look like they're the sun and moon. Not to mention Masa and Saiyuri are still missing."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 9:50 am

Yusuke had to admit that she was right. Shika and Kurama were okay, they were just sitting next to each other like usual, her sword next to her free hand since she was holding Kurama's. But that wasn't...out of place really. Hell, he was kind of happy that Kurama had someone special. He was a good person, sure a bad guy back before the Human World soul-jump dumb shit that he did. But still a good guy.

Kimi and Kuwabara on the other hand, that was nothing new. Kuwabara was open about every single crush that he had. The longest being Yukina even though they both agreed that being a human and a demon wasn't the greatest idea in the world. Kuwabara still loved her though, in a way. But the way he was looking at Kimi was a little much. It was like the Yukina thing, only doubled.

Now Hiei and Hisako were the weird ones. Kuwabara and Kurama were understandable to Yusuke because he hung out with them longer. Hiei was the mysterious brooding type that didn't really let anyone, but Kurama into his little shell. He was opening up here and there, and he was starting to get some feelings that weren't bloodlust and crazy. But it wasn't like this. Yusuke honestly wasn't sure if Hiei was just watching Hisako out of curiosity for some reason, or if it was for something more.

"Well Kimi and Kuwabara aren't much of a surprise, he crushes on everyone. Kurama and Shika aren't a surprise, they were together. The only thing I'm concerned about it is Hiei and Hisako. He even said it himself, he didn't like the idea of being with someone else. They'd slow him down." Yusuke raised an eyebrow. "I wonder what we missed. I know it all came together when Kei decided that the rat was a bunch of fun to chase. Damn we didn't get to try the cat nip trick."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Price of Will - VC & Lynx
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5