Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Price of Will - VC & Lynx

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Kimi's ruffled her hair a bit as she felt her ears and neck burn, trying to hide the fact she was more pleased by his compliment than she probably should be. She cleared her throat a bit, "I'd like to think so, anyway. They certainly thought I was scary. I'm not sure how you do it, though, to be honest. You could ignore them like everybody else does, but you don't. Why not?"
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 7:35 pm

Kuwabara rubbed his nose sheepishly, "Well, I can't just walk away when people keep running their mouths." He shrugged, "they'll get into trouble and trouble can escalate. I hope that you being scary didn't put a bad reputation on you. I wouldn't want that."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 7:58 pm

He was putting it on today. Kimi didn't usually feel this shy, but then again they hadn't had a conversation like this before either. It was usually about schoolwork and classes, "You're gunna have to apologize to your club leader, they've been running around like a chicken with their head cut off. I dunno what plans you were gunna do with them, but they really needed your help on whatever it was."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 8:01 pm

"Oh geez, I left them in a lurch," Kuwabara groaned, smacking his forehead and sighing aloud. "Yeah, I knew I was supposed to give them that folder, but it was kinda an emergancy so..." He shook his head from side to side. "I'll have to see if they even need it still. I bet that they will. I'm really gonna get told off. You don't have any clubs, do you Takako?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:08 pm

When did he become so interested in her? Second semester and he was chatting her up like they were best buds. It wasn't bad, she was just taken off guard by it. Still, she smiled proudly, "If things conflict at all I'll switch things up, but I'm a part of basketball, volleyball, and track. I'm like, a girl jock. I think this is my last year, though. Four years. What about you? Going for six in your science or will you graduate this year, too?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:13 pm

"I don't know yet." Kuwabara said with a frown, leaning back in his chair and putting his arms crossed over his head. "I might. I might just graduate, and see what else I can't do. It depends on what happens, you know? I seen some of your track meets, but not a whole bunch. Usually it's when our club is supporting yours by giving out drinks and what not. We don't do the concession stand during the volleyball or basketball games. So I didn't get to see you there. You're really good at the long jump. That's always fun to see."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:27 pm

"Oh, yeah, I remember you being there!" Kimi nodded in excitement, "You're a pretty social butterfly, so what I remember the most is you chatting to a new person or a group of people every time I looked over." She paused and watched as the teacher finally walked in and the students worked on finding their way back to their seats, "I have some similar classes with you this semester. Not all the same, since we're doing different majors, but good enough. I mean, I certainly could never take a chemistry class."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:30 pm

"Yeah it's a lot of math. K-I mean Shuuichi usually helps me a lot on it sometimes if I get stuck." Kuwabara beamed. "Hey, I remember that you usually walk home from school. Do you mind if I walk with you today after class?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:55 pm

He wanted to walk her home?! Kimi's ears and neck felt so hot now. "I...sure. Yeah. I wouldn't mind that at all, Kuwabara. I'd really like that, arigato." She grinned at him, her cheeks a little pink and she did feel happy, even if this was out of the blue.

~*~
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 10:00 pm

After school, Kuwabara and Takako both walked out of the school and towards the train station, chatting about this and that. He noticed that the closer that they got to the train, the more red hot that she was. She tried to convince him that he didn't have to ride the train with her, but his morals and his code wouldn't just let him stop halfway. He did say her home after all, and he didn't want her to think badly for just stopping half-way.

The train was crowded from the four o'clock traffic. It wasn't just people who were getting off of school, but there were people who were getting off from work or just starting. He found a vacant spot for them, and he gestured for her to take the seat, while he remained standing, holding onto the railing above him without much effort due to his height.

"I gotta text Shuuichi and let him know I might be a little late coming home," He said, quickly pulling his phone outta his pockets. "I promised a friend of mine whose staying with him that we'd go out and about after school. Don't want him to worry." Once the text was sent, he smiled at her. "I didn't realize that we had a bunch of things in common, I would've talked to you a lot sooner. I dunno why we haven't."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 2:36 am

"I'll be straight with you. To be completely honest I was shocked you started talking to me like you did today," Kimi relaxed back against the seat with a heavy sigh, "It's just like you said, we haven't before. I just thought it was so random. Did something happen why you were away for four days? You just...don't ever get sick, so I don't believe that at all. Four years and not a single missed day until this year. You had, like, the longest record. When you came back the first time...I did notice the bruises and cuts on your cheeks, and you just looked like hell and tired but you were dedicated to your schoolwork. I know you and that Urameshi guy you meet with after school were street legends in middle school. Did you have a brawl to take care of or something?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 2:48 am

"..." Kuwabara was dead certain that she was apart of the prophecy. He knew just a little bit about her, but there were times where she would sense things, even he couldn't. An earthquake five seconds before he could. A ghost, just before he had a shiver and a chill. But, he didn't want to alarm her. He also didn't know how much to say. "Something like that," he agreed after a moment. "I normally try not to be absent, but this was pretty much an emergency. I couldn't tell anyone about it, so being sick was the next best thing." He shrugged. "One of our friends...lost something really super important."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 3:08 am

After watching him for a bit, Kimi just hummed and nodded, not looking completely satisfied, but his answer was enough. "Here's to hoping that if you are absent again, it's not for so long. If this is your last year, you don't want to fail. I wouldn't want to see that, anyway. I'll take notes, if you do. I know you hate copying, too, so we can try and work together on the homework we have together."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 3:12 am

"Haha, thanks." Kuwabara grinned, though inwardly he winced. He knew that she had a big point, and he could probably be absent again, depending on what happened with the prophecy and how it would turn out. He scratched his cheek sheepishly. "How about sometime this week? If possible? I bet I missed a bunch, and it wouldn't hurt for someone to check me over, make sure I'm staying on track alright."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 3:19 am

"Yeah! Totally. We could either stay after classes or we could...we could study at either of our places. Don't you-" she cut herself off as she felt a jarring shift in energies and her stomach twisted. Something was wrong, very wrong. Where was it coming from? Leaning forward and looking in the direction she thought it was, she wasn't able to stand as Kuwabara moved faster than she'd ever seen, holding his hand out to stop her and shifted his body to be a human shield.

What happened next she didn't think she'd ever be able to retell properly because it happened in such a blur she barely believed it herself.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 3:30 am

Kuwabara had seen her tense, and before he could ask what was up, he could feel it. Demonic energy, and not the kind of good. He was about to turn around, keeping his arm out and was ready to try to defend. However that was when a girl wearing a dark red uniform, hair tied back with a purple ribbon stood right before him. Her hand was out stretched just as a demon, looking like a human male with black hair, horns, and yellow eyes that looked...well...like human hazel tried stabbing him with an energy knife.

Kuwabara opened his mouth, to say /something/ when he heard the steady dripping of blood. He looked down and noticed that she had used her own hand as a shield, the knife going all the way through.

"If I were you," she said coldly. "I'd get off the next stop."

The demon's eyes widened before smirking, "What's a human girl gonna do?"

Kuwabara couldn't hear what the girl said to the demon, or if she even knew she was speaking to a demon. He wanted to stop her, before she did something really dumb or foolish, but it looked like, whatever she said to the demon, worked wonders. He backed away, his skin paling and his eyes wide. The moment the train came to a stop, he shoved people over.

She watched him and turned towards them. She rummaged through her school backpack and produced two skinned medicine bags. She handed them to Kuwabara. "For the Demon World." She explained before moving through the sea of people easily like she's done it all her life.

He was pretty certain, the blood was real and the things in his hands were real. Which meant she was real, too. He turned back to Kimi, who was shaking. "Hey are you alright? That was something freaky wasn't it?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 12:34 pm

The oblivious nature of those around her made Kimi angry. Like a guy brandishing a goddamn knife and stabbing somebody was an everyday occurrence. Not to mention a guy... Kimi stood up and grabbed the support pole next to Kuwabara, leaning close to him and whispering, "I don't think those horns were part of a cosplay." It wasn't a question about whether or not they were real, but more of a confirmation she saw them, leaving him very little room to deny it.

She looked up at him, "We should get off of the train like the girl said. You have things to tell me, don't you, Kuwabara?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Kuwabara winced, but knew that she was telling the truth. "I wasn't gonna tell you," he said after a moment. "Cuz I know what it's like to always be looking over your shoulder." He paused. "But you're not wrong about me not saying everything. I dunno if getting off the train now would be a good idea." He held up the necklaces. "Let's stay on this one, till the train ends. There's a temple nearby. I'll explain everything then."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 10:37 pm

~*~

Kurama felt a lot better now that Ryoko had taken the girls out for an all day run of shopping. Shika had found herself a new pair of thigh-high boots she had fallen in love with at first sight. Along with a pair of short shorts. Though, because she endured cold climates in the skirt she usually wore, she didn't have any tights under them. Not that she needed them, really, with the new pure white jacket she had on that reached the top of the boots in length. He'd asked if she was going to show him the rest of her outfit but she just grinned at him.

He had the pleasure of seeing Masa's and Yusuke's reactions as well. After the fight in the village, Ryo had worn the looser types of demon clothing. Now, it was very apparent her sense of style was an interesting mix of practical and solid colors but just girly enough, with a pair of white jeggings that hugged her thighs and disappeared into a pair of black boots, the only dark item of clothing she had. Then she wore a sunshine yellow blouse with a light blue jacket. Yusuke's favorite color may be green, but he certainly couldn't seem to take his eyes off of Ryo.

Masa couldn't, either, with Saiyuri. The girl wore one of those loose, flowing butterfly shirts that made you look like you had wings when you spread your arms out, a white camisole underneath so not to distract from the lovely colors. Her skirt was a solid color to match, ankle-length and flats. He wasn't surprised when Shika and Ryo told them the poor Priestess couldn't do heels.

"You know, I knew that human clothing were interesting," Shika tugged on the white jacket. She had insisted on finding /something/ white, which only made Saiyuri look like she was about to sprout sparkles over her head. "but I wasn't expecting the comfort level." She tapped the toe of her boot. "Humans really know how to dress to kill /and/ for comfort."

"Yes. There's course, rough and soft and extra soft when it comes to fabric here. I think it's the only expensive fabric in demon world where you get the nice soft clothes, the rest is just itchy and irritating." Kurama agreed, "I'm glad you found something you enjoyed, Shika. I can't wait to see the rest of it when we get to my mother's. We're almost there." He turned his car another corner.

Shika never had been in a car before, and she had to admit it was fun to look out the window and watch the scenery go by. It was better than riding a demonic horse, or even teleportation. Humans had a bunch of things that were so...well...advanced. But they were also very inconvenienced. She had just browsed around a small section of a store at books and had noticed that they were part of a "mythology" section. Though, she had to admit, she'd rather run into a human demon yokai than one in the demon world. "How should I act?"

"Like yourself," Kurama glanced at her out of the corner of his eye, then returned his attention to the road, "It's more about what you shouldn't say. My mother has heard quite a few things from my friends when they're running their mouths, and she's heard them call me Kurama, but she's not about to do research on the name. So, if you slip on that it's okay. The best explanation we had to cover the weird appearances and terms is that we are a part of a group where we enjoy acting out parts and sometimes we accidentally stay in character. LARPing, is the term Kuwabara used one time since he had a club in his high school that did it."

"Okay, so...how did we meet?" Shika raised an eyebrow, her lips curving into a smile. She was definitely going to be asking /those/ questions at a much later time. "Do we want to be sickeningly romantic? Or do we want to go with casual charm? Oh that's actually a better question, are we friends? Cuz if we're friends I want an epic introduction here."

"Well...I will say with how well we more or less know each other, instead of four-five days we'll go with a month," Kurama hummed thoughtfully, "Casual charm...you joined the group with my friends along with a couple of your own, that way if you mention anybody that'll be easily glossed over, even though you just met them yourself. I recently just asked you out last week, and we've been going slow, but I wanted to see her to see how she was doing and you wanted to come along. I don't balk at the idea of you meeting my parents like other people do, honestly."

Shika hummed, leaning back against the seat. "Sounds like an easy undercover story. Simple's best. Too much detail and we're automatic liars." She agreed. "Everything else, we'll just have to see if we can't fill in by the time we get-oh my gosh is that your /home/?!"

Kurama smiled tenderly, feeling nostalgic as he looked at it. He really didn't come here enough anymore. "Yes it is." He parked the car in front and killed the engine. When they got out he made sure it was locked, then held his hand out to her, "Utmost respect, but don't be too stiff. She's a lovely woman."

"I thought you said be myself?" Shika teased him gently, taking his hand though she could feel her stomach turn to ice at the very thought of ruining this. She looked at the two-story home with interest. The walkway was swept clean, the front yard was well taken care of. She could bet that there was going to be a garden somewhere in the backyard, considering that he'd always bring flowers to wherever he was living. She followed him to the door, and smiled when he just walked in saying that he was home. Carefully, she took off her boots, feeling a bit vulnerable without just a bit of her armor. The home was just as tidy. Some family photos here and there, and some potted plants were placed strategically all over the home. It made her a little happy to see the mixture. It made her feel a little sad, and tightened her hold just a little on his hand.

Kurama looked at her with gentle eyes, then heard his mother shuffling from the kitchen. "Mother...hello," he greeted, always feeling slightly guilty when she lit up like a Christmas tree at the sight of him. He let go of Shika in order to reach out to her, bringing her into a tight hug.

"Shuuichi! It's so good to see you!" Shiori cooed at him, "It's been too long! Your step-father also mentioned you haven't been to the company in almost a week like at the beginning of the month. Is everything okay, dear?"

"Ah...yes. It wasn't as much of an emergency as it had been last time, though still just as important. Yusuke was asked to help someone find something important stolen from a shrine," Kurama explained.

"Oh, is he still doing his detective work?" Shiori asked, looking worried.

"Few and far between, but this one has been pretty tame so far. No, we didn't find it, but we're still keeping an eye out. We needed to take a break to regroup," Kurama nodded.

"Well, I hope everything turns out alright. Your step-father has work for you to do when you go back," Shiori nodded, then looked behind him at the blond woman he brought back with him, "Oh, a foreigner? I don't speak much English, dear, I'm sorry. Only enough to talk to my patients."

Shika's cheeks bloomed a bright red. She should have done more fucking recon here. "I can speak Japanese." She assured after a moment. "I'm sorry, I should've introduced myself first. I'm Maeda Shika. I'm only half-American." She bowed politely. "It's wonderful you to meet you. Your English was beautiful." She had a feeling that was probably a good thing to say. She /hoped/ she could figure out a better background story /later/. Kurama was probably /laughing/ right about now in his inward ways.

"Yes, I forgot to mention. My mother is a nurse. She's patched me up more than once," Kurama's expression was fond. He glanced at Shika who'd taken off her jacket, and he enjoyed her white corset over a black shirt. He didn't let his eyes linger too long, "Should I make tea, mother, and you can show Shika to the living room?"

"Hmm...yes, that sounds fine, Shuuichi," Shiori agreed. She watched her son leave and then looked at her, "This way, Shika-san," she motioned ahead of her and started walking where they needed to go. When they sat down, she leaned forward as Shika sat across from her, "Shuuichi must like you if he left you alone with me."

Shika blinked as she was sat down in the living room. The couch was a lot more comfortable than the ones at the shrine. She crossed her legs and gave her a small smile. "You don't have to call me -san, Shiori-san." She said quickly. "-chan or even no suffix at all is fine." She shook her head from side to side. "Well...I'm taking a leap of faith with that "must like me" comment really."

"Shuuichi has never brought a lady he likes home before. I've met Botan, Shizuru, and Yukina at the temple a few times. Keiko, too, but since she's gone abroad I haven't heard from her at all. Yusuke was quite...sour, so I'm certain I never will. Shame, they were so close. Childhood friends, even." Shiori sighed, but then perked up again, "Shuuichi has always had high standards. I always thought it was because of me, but I never pestered him to find anybody. I trusted he would eventually. I saw how he held your hand and looked at you. He never looked at anyone like that before."

It made her wonder if he knew that she was alive and waiting. It made her wonder if he had thought she was dead, and was hoping he'd run into her here, maybe even going as far as to think that she'd do something like soul-jumping. Just to be somewhere close by with him. At the same time, Shika couldn't help but to let a shadow of doubt linger. That, perhaps, his standards were as tall as Shiori said...and that maybe he would've found the perfect match here in the human world. It made her jealous, but at the same time..she would've understood. Like she told him, human was a good look on him.

"I don't know what made him look my way," Shika decided to be honest here. "It wasn't my appearance, he could care less about it. I don't think it was the way I spoke, or my actions either. I'm graceful when I want to be, but I have times where my tongue gets away from me and I just..." she did a sad gesture. "But he's so incredible,I wouldn't doubt his high standards. I wouldn't doubt either that he only made them higher because of you. Not...of pestering. But of pride."

"Shuuichi is a man who has always been hard to pin down," Shiori hummed, "He was a hard child, but since he met Yusuke he has been a dream. He's made so many friends. I am so happy for him. For you, too. I'm sure you've met quite a few of them by now, haven't you? Oh, just how long /have/ you known him?"

"I known him for about a month. He was easy to get along with." Shika smiled brightly, happy to put this to the test. "It was mostly a "right place right time" type of moment."

"Is that so?" Shiori grinned brightly.

"She's being modest, mother," Kurama came into the room with three cups of tea on a tray, the flavored water in the teapot in the middle. Shiori had several tea sets and he picked the one he though Shika would like most, "She joined our group of friends on one of our 'adventures' before we disappeared."

"I remember those! You don't talk about them as often so I kind of forgot you still did them," recognition crossed Shiori's face, "What role do you play, Shika-chan?"

Shika's mind inwardly reminded her to curse him out, at the same time she cursed herself out for not doing this /sooner/. Why didn't she do this /sooner/?! "I'm a sword master." She said, praying to /god/ that this was right. "Nothing real special about that. No cool power-ups or things. Well, I have a /wicked/ sword that's considered sentient but I mean..." She shrugged. "I'm just me. In all my glory really. Though I am pretty good at it. Shuuichi-kun thought I took um..." she looked at him helplessly. "The sport with the sword. It has a name."

"Fencing? He thought you were a fencer?" Shiori offered and watched as Kurama sipped his tea, completely calm, "It sounds like you're going to have to help her out, Shuuichi."

Ah, he was caught. Mothers knew best after all. "Of course. Yes, a fencer. She has a pretty...interesting outfit. Shoes similar to the ones she came here in, but a lot more scuffed up. She really enjoys hanging out with the lot of us."

Shika smiled. "It's a bunch of fun. His friends were great. Though I was surprised about him asking me out. I /did/ shove a bunch of flowers in his face since I figured out he liked them out of character, before trying to high-tail it. He wouldn't let me." It was supposed to be casual. She made it romantic. Fuck.

"Yes, that was quite eventful," Kurama chuckled softly, "I still have the flowers in a lovely vase back at the temple. They've been staying alive fairly well..." he paused and then decided why not? They could always find a glamour spell. "I do have to tell you, mother...I crossed a very old friend that I made when I was younger. Kuronue. I...met him on a field trip and didn't see him after that, but he still remembered me even though I changed a lot. He has a wife and...brother. We talked for quite a while. I wasn't expecting that at all, honestly, during a case. He and Shika go way back, too." It was an update to their story, but he couldn't go without mentioning Kuronue.

Shiori gasped, "Shuuichi, that's fantastic! I do hope you shared contact info so you could meet up again! I'd love to meet him!"

"I'll be sure to let him, know, mother," Kurama nodded happily.

Human really was a good look on him. His smile was so soft, and vulnerable. He couldn't resist trying to give her hints as to what he might be, or what kind of life he might lead. Shika watched the two of them and gently took her hand and placed on top of his. It was something worthwhile to think about. "He'd adore you, but he'd tell the embarrassing stories." She told Shiori. "The ones that'd even make me blush."

"The ones that would make /me/, blush, mother, and you know ow difficult that is," Kurama corrected with a chuckle ad another sip of his tea, shifting his hand so he could caress hers, his thumb resting over her knuckles. It was gentle and loose, but enough to touch.

"All the better to meet him, then," Shiori agreed, sipping her own as she watched them, the three of them going silent as they enjoyed each other's company.

()
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 12:00 am

Kuwabara was kind of happy that Ryo and the rest of the team were a bit on the busy side. The original four plus one should be enough to cover all the basics, even though he wasn't even sure himself what would be the "basics". He guided her up the long staircase, not even winded, but stopping from time to time when she needed to catch her breath. Now, they were sitting in the main room, Yukina's tea all in their hands.

"I knew you had shitty luck, but this is beyond." Yusuke said, looking over at Kimi. "So you're able to see ghosts and things? Kinda like Kuwabara?"

"No...not see them, but I can feel them. I understood what he meant when he has 'tickle feelings'," Kimi shook her head, "I trust my instincts and it hasn't let me down yet. I remember...I remember a few years ago...the city was so strange. Fluxes of energy and after a day or two there was an entire section that was in rubble and no one knew what happened. That was the last really strange thing that happened in a long time before today."

"So you remember when we fought the Netherworld," Kurama hummed, "Because when Sensui was opening his portal the city was left in tact."

"I remember weird bug things when I was younger! Fourteen, maybe?" Kimi piped up.

"As you are the same age as Yusuke and Kuwabara, that would be the bugs from when the Saint Beasts were trying their hand at making things difficult." She was aware of several of the events they went through, then. "So you can't see Spirits, but you are extremely sensitive to unnatural forces."

"She felt a demon on the train before it even came up to us." Kuwabara knew the looks he was gonna get were going to be deadly. "I had my back turned, and it was headed straight for me."

"Damn. What did you do to stop it? That's a train filled with people, you'd be noticed." Yusuke whistled lowly. "Kimi?"

"Nah, some other girl jumped in." Kuwabara frowned, "That was the weird part of it all."

"Weird part?" Kuwabara almost forgotten that Shika was apart of the conversation. She looked confused, and her nails were clicking together.

"Yeah. She got right in between me and the demon, stabbed right through the hand." Kuwabara explained and then held out the necklaces that she gave them. Leather with a pouch hanging at the end. "I don't know what it is, but she said it was for the demon world and ran off after the guy who tried to stab me."

"Whoa," Yusuke blinked, "Could you tell if she was human or demon? How do you know she's not the one that's apart of the voodoo prophecy but Kimi is?"

"I dunno, I think she might be, but I know Takako is apart of it too." Kuwabara turned to her. "Fact of the matter is, there's a lot of people we're supposed to find before this big artifact becomes too unstable to control. We really don't know /why/ we're finding you guys, just know that we have to do it."

"We were told if and when we find you, to bring you back to the village so they would tell us more information," Kurama explained, "You couldn't go because you're human and the heat would kill you. Perhaps she knows about that? We tried to make sure we weren't followed." He really hoped they hadn't endangered the earth village.

"Saiyuri will murder us before we even try." Yusuke frowned, "I don't know something doesn't feel right about that. If we're being followed, why didn't she come up to the temple? Does she even have a clue?"

"It's a wild goose chase." Shika clicked her nails again, "Only this time, we don't even know what the goose might be. It's possible she's a demon, but...how on /earth/ did they only sense /one/ out of two?"

"Well, I was thinking about going by Meiou High and thanking her anyway." Kuwabara explained. "I think she'll still be there."

"She was wearing my school uniform?" Kurama blinked at him.

"The girl version of it, yeah." Kuwabara blinked back at him. "I remember the looks of it from when I ran over to your school when Yusuke got kidnapped and I lost my shit."

"It's a common thing, Kuwabara loosing his shit, so.." Yusuke looked at Kimi, "It's nothing special."
Kimi giggled, "I go to school with him, remember? I know what he's like. He can be loud, but that just made everything so much quieter when he was gone. At least now I know where you guys keep stealing him to. I don't know anything about this Makai and portals and prophecies, but I'll learn. You can't suck me into this and then expect me to go back to everything being normal. I can't fight using martial arts or anything like that, but I'm a quick study. I also do a bunch of sports, so I mean...toss a baseball bat or something at me and I'll bash someone's face in at least."

"I have to say, at least she's eager. She has the same determination as the bumbling buffoon she's sitting next to and the Detective," Hiei drawled.

"Maybe the first person I bash will be you, Mr. Red Eyes," Kimi glared.

"Yes, just like you," Hiei looked at Kuwabara, unimpressed.

"I thought Saiyuri was supposed to be the copy." Yusuke teased before shooting a smirk at Kimi. "Saiyuri is the female-demon version of him. Right down to admiring Yukina's beauty. It's the weirdest fucking thing, but I think it's both adorable and uncomfortable. We didn't need two."

"Hey! Saiyuri-chan does her best in a lot of things." Kuwabara snapped. "Its' nice to know that there's demons out there that have a honor code, and care about people."

"Here we go." Yusuke looked up at the ceiling.

"Don't mind him Takako, Urameshi's always been a pain in the ass. He also has a copy named Ryo. She's a fire cracker. Shika's the only one we know of so far whose not a copy of anyone." Kuwabara said, "And we ain't talking literal copies either. Just personalities."

"Oh, Shika's always rather clicked and been similar to Kuronue. I always thought so, anyway," Kurama chuckled, "I'm a hard person to copy. She's happy-go-lucky and even my past life was pretty mellow."

"Oh so on top of demons we have past lives?" Kimi placed her hand on her forehead.

"I soul jumped into this body, but technically yes," Kurama shrugged, "More on that another time. You've already had a lot to deal with today. Kuwabara, if you'd like to go to Meiou tomorrow we could. The days' done as it is. Kimi, would you like to stay? We have plenty of rooms and you can just take the train with Kuwabara in the morning to school."

"I...don't see why not. I have my backpack with my schoolwork and everything. Would...anybody have sleepwear I could borrow? Sounds like you have plenty of girls around..." Kimi shrugged.

"Ryoko is about an inch shorter than you are, if you want to ask her," Kurama offered.

Kuwabara grinned, "Good thing Botan isn't here. Then it'd be a girl's night."

"Dude...shut up."

~

The night was a restless one, at least in Kimi's mind. She sat on the back porch looking out into the deep forest that expanded for miles, all the way to the mountains. To the left and maybe a ten minute jaunt there was a lake, and to the right was the dark forest, tucked passed Genkai's sub temples where she'd been told a game arcade had been before they cleared it out for a second training dojo that was well lit. Se'd also been told not to go into the forest until she'd been with them long enough to expand her powers. That made more sense than just saying 'oh hey don't do that it's too dangerous'.

As far as she could tell, most of the household was asleep. Yusuke had conked out just as soon as his head it the pillow, she was sure, as he'd been the first one to go. The kids had been fussy, but they finally settled. Isamu and Akira were adorable, really. Ryo really had been the perfect size to share clothes with, too. Nice and fuzzy warm for this winter air. Kurama's energy was flickering, so he must be just falling asleep. He was easier to tell since his room was something she had to pass on the way to the guest one she was staying in. Hiei and the rest were near impossible to tell.

The sliding door opened and then shut, Kuwabara knew better than to stay silent. Hiei did it alot and sometimes freaked him out when he wasn't expecting a visitor and Yusuke did it just to be a dick. Kurama didn't know when he was being silent, so he couldn't exactly blame the fox at all. He walked over to where Kimi was sitting and handed her some tea. "I made this batch, Yukina's sleeping." He explained as he pressed it to her. "It's been a long day, I'm surprised to see you still up. I would've passed out from information overload."

"This...smells really good." Kimi inhaled the steam and hummed before taking a sip, "Oh, this is really nice. I dunno, Yukina's is good, but it's more subtle and calming. I like this bold flavor." She nodded and went quiet for a minute while she let the cup warm her hands. Kuwabara's energy was quite interesting. Out of place, even, among the demons and the two hanyous. It may be a human energy signature, but it was just as powerful and wouldn't be beat down or hidden. He didn't even bother trying to hide it, for that matter.

She really liked that, honestly. "It was a lot of information, but after taking the time to let it settle and think about it...it clicked into place things that never made sense before. Now I'm just...trying to get a sense of everybody's ki so I can tell the difference between human and demon better when I'm out on the town. On the train, I didn't know why that guy felt off, but now I do."

"Yeah I'm kinda surprised that I didn't sense that, but at the same time I didn't even sense the girl's." Kuwabara admitted. "When the guy left, I could sense it. Then again, it flared up in fear when that girl chased after him. Things get weird when that happens." He shook his head from side to side. "We should probably be training you to access your energy right about now, but...at the same time all we're going to be doing is listening to a bunch of rock's talk. Not sure how dangerous that's gonna be. I know for sure though that if we gotta go around chasing things, I'm calling out. I got school to worry about, and so do you. And you need something to defend yourself with."

"Yeah...we'll join when it's an emergency, but with all those demons on your side I really don't think we'll be any use. I certainly won't be. I'm probably just as strong as those babies compared to the rest of you," Kimi shook her head and took another sip, letting the warmth spread through her.

"We were just as weak a long time ago. Well, Urameshi and I were. Hiei and Kurama just got insanely stronger." Kuwabara took a sip of his tea and leaned back. "You would never guess how shocked I was to find out that Kurama had a girl way back when he was Youko. I mean, he never talked about it, so of course we wouldn't know. But uh..." He shrugged after a moment, "She says she doesn't have any energy...but I think that's not exactly true. She puts all of her energy in a point. The sword. I'm certain that if she was to go up against Hiei, they'd have a blast." He paused again, taking another sip. "I don't understand demon courting rituals all that much, honestly. I don't really understand demons at all, in general. I tried. But, the more I try the more lost I feel."

He smiled wistfully, "What I'm trying to say is that...um...I'm probably just as weak as the kids. Even now. Maybe not too much so, but I'm the only human in the group. Urameshi lost that."

"I don't think so," Kimi watched him, "I agree with the Shika thing and that you're the only completely human person, but...I think Yusuke's still human inside. Even Kurama and Ryo. Ryo's a hanyou, too, but what the three of them have in common is they grew up here in this world. They're kind and have morals and a different way of thinking than say Hiei does." Kimi looked at her teacup, nearly gone now, "That's just from being around them for a couple hours. Instead of feeling left out I watched. I told you, I'm a quick study."

Kimi looked back up at him with a wide smile, "I also have to say...you're very strong. Strong willed, and your power is incredible. It flared up on the train and I was pretty shocked by it. Then you relaxed here and let your energy flow freely and it's just amazing to feel it interact with everybody else's."

Kuwabara hummed in agreement as he thought about it. "Urameshi's always been a little bit on the weird side." He agreed after a moment. "Kurama's got his mother, and she's a good egg. You'd like her. I know he took Shika to visit her, so who knows what's gonna happen then. Hiei's Hiei. Oh that reminds me," he looked at Kimi seriously. "Don't take anything the shrimp as to say too seriously. He's not very fond of humans, unless they can prove him wrong. Or if Yukina gives you a pass. He's not exactly happy we're looking for people we don't know either. I learned just to let everything he says slide unless we're in the middle of battle or something."

"Haha, alright." Kimi finished her tea and stood up, "I can't really say much else about everybody until I've mixed and mingled a bit more, so I'm just gunna stop while I'm ahead. I'll see you in the mornin, Kuwabara. It's really fun to talk with you. I kinda wish we had ages ago, but what are ya gunna do, right?"

"I think it's fun to talk to you too. If you're looking to mix and mingle I suggest Kurama and Saiyuri." He told her honestly. "Saiyuri's the most adorable and Kurama's just super smart. You'd like them." He stood up. "I'll see you in the morning Takako."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 7:24 pm

~*~

Kuwabara didn't have many classes scheduled for today, thankfully, so they were able to go to Meiou High before it got too late. Masa waited in Kurama's car since he was the only one left who needed to buy clothing, wearing one of Kuwabara's own shirts so not to stand out.

It was strange being back here. There were no students left who would recognize him, but plenty of teachers. He had that on is side as he asked around for the young girl that had taken a knife to the hand. It was becoming more apparent that she had to be a demon, because she either had demon healing or glamour because none of the students were injured as of late except for sports related accidents, and those were the joints like knees, ankles, and wrists with the occasional finger. No hand stab wounds.

Finally they were able to get the name of the girl thanks to a teacher whom Kurama had gotten along with quite well. Hisoka Koizumi was the name of the girl they were looking for. They weren't allowed to go interrupt the class, so they were told to wait in the lobby while a teacher went to grab her.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 7:39 pm

Hisako could sense that there was a demon and someone with strong spiritual energy just outside the classroom door. She twirled her pencil around as she listened to the teacher lecture the importance of the English language's grammar, and how different words didn't obey the rules that were set. It was really annoying, but she was pretty decent at it. The teacher opened the door, "Koizumi Hisako?"

"Yes?" She stood up, the students looking at her as she did so.

"You have visitor's waiting for you."

She wondered if they had some sort of connection to the school. She walked out of the classroom and followed the teacher to the lobby, where a redhead with strong demonic energy was sitting next to the human that she saved on the train. She blinked slowly, but said nothing as the teacher told them that they could take their time.

Kuwabara waited till the teacher was out of earshot and smiled at her, it was a smile that didn't try to bring fear. Nor was it a smile of a promising threat. It was a genuine thing. "Hey Koizumi-chan, I'm sorry to drag you outta class like that." He said. "But-"

"We should talk outside." Hisako interrupted. "If it's important."

"Ah...right..." Kuwabara blinked, a little taken aback at the abruptness. He was kinda reminded of talking to Hiei. But, then again, he knew what it was like trying to keep a cover. Hell, Kurama probably would've said the same thing if he hadn't said a word.

They followed her outside to the vending machines that were located near the gym. There wasn't any gym class today, so it was actually pretty silent here. Kuwabara went to the vending machine and got them all drinks, Hisako taking hers and setting it in her lap as they sat on the bench.

"So you found me." Hisako said after a moment. "But for what?"

"A thank you mostly," Kuwabara looked at her. "You got stabbed in the hand and I got worried. That demon that was after us, he hid his energy pretty well."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 7:58 pm

"We asked, but it became apparent that you've hidden your injury quite well," Kurama sipped his drink as he watched her curiously, "Kuwabara told me what happened on the train, and recognized the Meiou uniform because this was my High School. So, that's why I'm here. Though, did you really heal that quickly, or did you have anything to tend to it? Is it just glamour?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 8:08 pm

"Glamor." Hisako explained, looking at her hand. The glamor faded, and Kuwabara could see that it was only partially healed. "Humans would get scared if they saw it." She said, letting the glamor come back. "They'd ask questions, not knowing that they don't want to know the answer."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 9:40 pm

"That is a very good point," Kurama agreed, "So what about the necklaces? You mentioned Makai, so are you a demon? Are those necklaces enchanted to protect humans?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Price of Will - VC & Lynx
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next