Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L Empty
PostSubject: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 5:36 pm

The festival was in full swing when Kaede saw the face of someone she had been sure she would never see again. He was with four other people, and she guessed they were trying to decide what they wanted to do. Eyes lighting up, she ran off, knowing Riko was hanging by the town square. "I saw them! I saw them! Nataku was right!" she grinned as she hugged her mother-figure, "They're here! We can all be together again!"
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 5:45 pm

"We should wait till they split up though." Mai said, pushing her hair back. Her hair had gotten just as long as Ran's, only her's was more well kept and tamed. She had it tied up in a playful bun with a light blue chopstick holding it together with a dangle at the end. Her yukata was the same theme of whites and blues, showing off the paleness of her skin and enhancing her height. "We don't wanna scare them off..."

Riko shifted nervously, tugging the bandana that was over her right eye. It was so strange seeing the festival go off without having someone describe it to her. There stands that were filled with vendors, food, and people. There were lanterns that were hanging across the streets, glowing bright with orange and yellow lights. There were people wearing all sorts of colors, wearing all sorts of different hair styles. "We should split up ourselves." She said after a moment, "Bump into them casually."

"Do it one at a time? Don't you think that could get a little weird?" Mai frowned, looking at her friend before thinking about it. "But if we pull them away from the group..." She looked thoughtful. "What direction where they heading K-chan?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 6:20 pm

"They looked like they were having a discussion just outside the Inn, so it's possible they might be splitting up soon, too." Kaede grinned wide, "It's a party! It won't be weird! There's lots of groups of friends hanging around after all! Ran must be so happy to have some real fun." Ran wasn't with them. As soon as they'd landed in the town thanks to the portal magic Nataku wielded, Ran had disappeared almost immediately.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 6:23 pm

"Well, festivals where we are don't seem to have the same flair as places here." Riko wouldn't have doubted it. She would have to go back one day and see for herself what a festival above looked like. Listening and actually seeing it were two different things. "How should we play this? We split up ourselves?"

"Hm." Mai tapped her chin. "Actually, I just might go ahead and abandon you lot. If they're gonna split up, it'd be a perfect chance to meet him personally and get a feel for him now. I mean, we watched their adventures, did what we could to save them when we had a chance but that doesn't take away from actually meeting them. Seeing isn't all there is to it."

"Lover and romantic to the end." Riko teased lightly. "Alright Mai. I suppose we'll meet back here when it's time to go?"

"Well, if he doesn't invite me back to the inn first. Though I doubt that highly." Mai laughed as she waved. "See you two later!"

Riko watched her friend get swallowed by the crowd and she turned to Kaede. "Well, shall we stick together, or are you too thinking along the same lines as Mai?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 6:27 pm

"Goku offered for me to play first; I want to do it instead. Let's stay here, he'll walk by eventually. I get to take him to Nataku this time, too!" Kaede smiled wide.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 6:37 pm

"Then. We'll stick here." Riko said kindly, leaning back against the wall and waited.
~
Goku wandered around the streets after splitting up with everyone. Hakkai went up the alleys and Gojyou went to the nearest bar. Sanzo probably was going to try to find a place that was a little quieter than the hotel, but he wasn't sure. There was so much things to do and see here too. The smell of food enticed his stomach, but he knew better than to blow off all of his money on meat buns and all other sorts of savory treats. There were vendors who were yelling out prices of fruit, of blankets and clothes.

Music was a constant too. There was a dance going on in the middle of the festival, a large square of it was blocked off so that people could dance and sing and do whatever. It would be fun to see what that was about. He headed up and down the different stalls, seeing games being played like darts, shooting galleries, turtle scooping, ring tosses, so many. It was a lot of fun to see the kids both youkai and human play together.

This was what they fought for, and it was a damn well good reward to see it. Goku got bumped into a few times by the kids, and he just laughed it off, waving to them. It felt a little like deja vu, only he remembered a vague fight happening.

It probably happened when he was small and with Sanzo. He did know that as he grew older a lot of childhood memories were getting blurred. He made his way to the towns square where he noticed a bunch of people were sitting at steps or on the ground with blankets covering it. There were people who were smoking, laughing and drinking together, just taking a break from a walk and dancing since it was close by. He could hear the drums and feel it under his feet and in his heart.

He was about to turn a corner when he saw a girl run up towards him. She was wearing a really pretty yukata that reminded him of springtime in China. Her eyes were bright and playful. There was a woman that was watching them, a bandana covering one of her eyes.

It was another sense of deja vu, but easy to ignore as he grinned. The girl was probably running towards the festival, but he was quite surprised when she stopped in front of him.

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 6:51 pm

"You look like you're at a loss for what to do. Would you like to play with me? I have a friend who's just outside the town, looking for fresh berries to pick! We could go join him!" Kaede tried so hard not to drop names, but all she wanted to do was throw herself around Goku and hug him. He'd grown so much. Taller, more mature, and moe handsome. There was a look to his eyes that showed he'd seen things, but he was still determined and lighthearted. All of it made Kaede's heart pound and her body hot, but she batted the feelings away. Goku's powers and senses weren't muted by the shackles anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 6:53 pm

"Huh? Berry picking?" Goku blinked in surprise. He hadn't done that since they started their travels. He looked back at the festival that was happening behind him. Honestly, even though there was so much to do and eat there, he was feeling kinda lonely. He nodded his head a few times before beaming and turning back to the girl. "Sounds like a bunch of fun to me. I'm Goku. Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 7:05 pm

Her voice stuck in her throat for a moment, hearing his roll over her senses after so long. "Kaede." She said breathlessly, and then cleared her throat, "My name's Kaede. Come on, I'll show you the way." She motioned to him, and they ran off through the alleys between the buildings into the forest. She hoped he didn't think she was leading him into a trap or anything. Before she knew it, though, she found Nataku's pale full of berries at the base of a tree, and looking up she spotted the blond haired young man clinging to the branches and looking down at a bird's nest. "Are you crying?" she called up, concerned.

"What?" Nataku started and then sniffed, rubbing his eyes, "Kaede, I wasn't expecting you...Goku?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 7:08 pm

"Nataku?" Goku blinked as the name slipped from his mouth with ease. He knew him, but he also didn't know him. He wondered how he knew the name, but decided to pass it off. "What's wrong? Did something happen to the nest?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 7:16 pm

"No, nothing's wrong with the birds." Nataku promised, his expression softening and he started climbing down, "I was just...remembering. It's good to see you, Goku. So you found Kaede, just like before. That's good." Once on solid ground he gave Goku a good hard look, and then his brows furrowed, "Just /what/ are you /wearing/?" Nataku was in a hakama and haori, nothing fancy, but Goku's orange getup was so /weird/.

Kaede giggled, "I was wondering that, too."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 7:18 pm

"They're clothes!" Goku's cheeks turned a little red. "I though it was awesome looking. I mean, it's not too awful?" They were laughing harder now and he pouted. "Fine. Then I dare you to come up with something better. We're at a festival, there's clothing stalls all over the place." He didn't know why he was going to give them that much leeway. They were his clothes! And they were laughing at him for it! But for some reason, he trusted them. He trusted them the moment they spoke. Especially Nataku.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Nataku exchanged a mischievous grin with Kaede who winked at him. He produced a golden card, "Operation new outfit for Goku! Kaede, you grab the berries?"

"On it!" Kaede bounced over to the pale as Nataku grabbed Goku's hand and dragged him back towards the town. She was quick to follow, after the brief thought that it was so surreal that Nataku was alive again, lucid instead of a shell, and their little trio was back together again.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 8:09 pm

Hakkai was going through the bookstore instead of wandering the stalls of the festival. The hustle and bustle was never his scene, it was more Goku's and Gojyo's. He only really accompanied either of them to make sure they behaved, but it wasn't necessary right now. So, here he was, trying to find himself something to pass the time while they had some down time. When something caught his eye, he picked it up and read the back of it. That was when a voice that was music to his ears trickled through his reverie.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 8:36 pm

"You'll like that one." He turned around and Mai stood behind him, smiling lightly. She had her hands behind her back, twisting her fingers nervously as she approached him from the side. "Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. The book you have in your hands. I read it before, and it was really wonderful. I think you'd enjoy it. A little action, a little romance, you don't want to strangle the characters."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 9:03 pm

"Well, that's always good. The plot and storyline can be good, but if the characters ruin it then there's no point. Visa-versa is true as well. So you like fantasy books?" Hakkai was surprised at how easily he was able to respond to her, but he smiled and rolled with it. She was gorgeous, too. The way her hair was pinned up make her look elegant, and her festive yukata was stunning. "You look lovely in blue." He couldn't help the compliment, it just slipped.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 9:07 pm

Mai grinned, her cheeks flushed a little in pleasure that he noticed the yukata. "Thank you! I'm glad you like it. Fantasy is one of my favorites. I usually read anything, so long as it's good." She picked up another book that was at the shelf. "This is part of a series, but I think you'd enjoy it." She handed it to him. "More action/adventure than anything. Though, maybe you're looking for something more relaxing?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Why did he...get the feeling that the yukata was meant for him all of a sudden? He brushed it aside, but he did wonder. "May I ask your name? What would you consider relaxing? Something with lots of action and adventure might make me think of what I've been through in my life so far. So maybe we could stray away from them? A romance sounds fine to me, and I don't mind mystery."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 9:45 pm

"I'm...Gensui Mai." Mai bowed and she straightened herself up. "Something relaxing. Something...I now just the thing!" She gestured for him to follow her and she started heading to another section of the bookstore. She skimmed the shelves for a moment, before stopping and taking down a book. "Mystery /and/ romance." She said with a happy smile as she handed it to him. "Not to much action in here, but a good amount of thinking. I couldn't even solve the case. I bet you're better at it....I just realized that I gave you my name but failed to ask you yours! I'm so sorry! I got caught up trying to find the book!" She laughed sheepishly. "That's what I get for being single-minded."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 10:04 pm

"It's alright. Cho Hakkai. Pleasure to meet you." Hakkai bowed to her as well and put the other books back in favor of the mystery one, "I look forward to this. So did you come in here to escape the festivities as well? Are you a local or also passing through?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 10:08 pm

"Hm? I'm just a traveler." Mai knew it technically wasn't a lie, but she was hoping that her poker face wasn't failing her now. She wondered if he could read right through her, and realized that she was comparing the two. She mentally scolded herself and continued. "I was just wandering in here for a book myself and then you caught my eye. I suppose I just needed to see what it was you were holding. I like recommending books, I suppose you could call it a hobby of mine. Are you trying to get away from the hustle and bustle? That's kind of a shame. You look like someone that would have a lady by your side."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 10:37 pm

"Me?" Hakkai chuckled, "If that's a compliment to my appearance, then that's best saved for my friend Gojyou who probably already has a lady on his arm by now, or is working on one to bring to the Inn tonight. No, I'm a fairly reserved person. Books..." he held up the one she gave him, "They keep me company."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 10:44 pm

Mai raised an eyebrow. She was quite surprised to hear him deflect that compliment so deftly. "But I'm not talking to him now am I? Don't worry, I'm not trying to hit you up for a one night stand or anything of the sort." She held her hands up with a laugh. "I'm not that kind of person. You have to be super close to me in order to get that far. No, I was just thinking it's a shame you didn't have someone showing you the festivities, though I do understand it being tiring for some people. I just like watching the people. You hear all sorts of things and you can form your own conclusion about people. It's quite fun."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 10:58 pm

"People watching. It /is/ a good form of gathering information, at least about the people you're around." Hakkai smiled softly, "I'm sorry. I've seen plenty of celebrations, and I'm sure I'll see plenty more. I just want to have some quiet time. I travel with rowdy people. The only other one I could relax with is always wondering what our youngest member is up to."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 11:02 pm

"That sounds like a hassle, but I understand that completely." Mai said, her smile soft. "I understand, you came from the west right? So you've been traveling non stop towards celebration after celebration. I'm sorry, I didn't think of it before. I'm also sorry if I'm a bit...rowdy for the relaxation you're looking for. How many books are you thinking of getting? I wasn't kidding when I said I have a bunch of recommendations. I could give you a list...though you might wind up buying half of the store."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L Empty

Back to top Go down

Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next