Share | 

Harry Potter Book Role Play

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Draco snorted, "Yes you are. I don't think you have to worry about being unhealthy, desert's only really during the evening feasts, according to my father. Breakfast is scarce and lunch doesn't last long enough. Besides, you'll work it all off going from one end of the grounds to the other all day."

"Which leaves me to make sure I watch my notes for you if I don't see you in class," Sheba rolled her eyes, "I don't think it's wise talking about ditching around a Prefect, Erin." she nudged him.

"I like History, so even if the class is boring I will enjoy reading the chapters," Bria nodded, eating a piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

"So are you like, a mix of a bookworm and adventure?" Sheba asked, amused.

"Yes! I love reading, but there's only so much I can take before I want to have adventures like in my books," Bria grinned.

The part-elf girl giggled, "You make a good point.

Harry grinned at Ron, "Thanks, Ron. I wonder how long you'll last. We could time each other, if you want."

((YOU DON'T HAVE TO HIT ON THEM, BUT INNER THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ARE ALWAYS NICE YOU KNOW))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:25 pm

"Wicked." Ron grinned a bit at Harry as he took a bite from his dessert.

George and Fred listened into the girls and looked at each other. So far the girls sounded like that they were going to be an interesting mix to the Gryffindor common room. It was very possible that they might have their adventures after all.

Percy stood up from the table. "First years follow me!" The feast was over and the school year begun, to whatever adventure was going to lie to them this time.
()
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter Three - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner   Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:28 pm

"Oh my /Meeerrrrllliiiinnnn/," Bria groaned, her head laid sideways on the table as she sat with Erin and Sheba, though Rachel had yet to show up, "I'm /so/ glad classes don't start until nine. I'm used to eight o'clock for primary, and I don't function normally until ten."

"I thought it takes you an hour to wake up?" Sheba asked curiously, glancing up from her schedule. There would be more time in the day than she had first believed. She had thought the days would be packed full.

"That applies to summer or weekends during school. Having to get up early to be to class instead of sleeping when I want to makes it harder," Bria yawned and picked herself up so she could stretch, then ate some more of her eggs, picking up her schedule, "Transfiguration, Potions, Lunch, DADA and Charms then Dinner and back to the dorms for Mondays. I'm looking forward to Thursday and first flying lessons at 3:30, though."

"So am I!" Sheba grinned, "Looks like we all have the same classes. That makes things easier to remember." She looked at her cousin beside her as she grabbed a sweet bread roll, nibbling little bits off of it, "What are you eager to start learning about? Charms?"

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:48 pm

"I think all of the Gryffindors get the same schedule at least until third year. Then it's all scrambled." Erin said as he looked at his, a piece of toast hung from his mouth, muffling a couple of words here and there. He took a careful bite as he looked at it. "Flying would be interesting. Charms maybe. Transfiguration is more up my ally probably. I have a bad feeling about Potions if I'm honest. History of magic we already know I'm going to-"

"You would never guess what I got to do!" Rae said happily as she tossed her bag down onto the ground and sat down next to Erin. Bria was pouting over at her as she smiled at the Black who smiled back at her. "Is that the schedule for you guys? I think mine's over there..." She gestured over towards the Slythern table. "Hopefully Draco'll be nice to me and give it to me later or toss it to me."

Last edited by Lynx-Tiger on Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:26 am

"And what do you get to do, Rae?" Bria asked leaning over to see her around Erin and Sheba, "So sure, we get to know Erin and you ditch me. I see how it is."

Sheba laughed, "I think your viper friends are hissing, and I think Bria's jealous."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:25 am

Rae sat down, moving her cloak to the back as she started to pile her plate with eggs and toast and bacon. "I'm a snake sitting with a bunch of lions who are more than tempted than to eat me. Not that I care, a lion who sits in a viper's nest is more than likely going to get bitten. Pass me the salt, please?" She asked as she smiled at Bria who handed it to her without a word. "Thanks."

Erin was a bit taken aback by her words. She didn't sound at all bitter nor surprised that this was happening. Instead, she took it within stride, knowing to well that she wasn't welcomed in either House. It made him feel a bit upset, considering that a House was supposed to be like family. "You didn't tell us what you got to do."

"Oh right." Rae snapped her fingers. "I get to sleep..." she drum-rolled on the table. "Under the lake!"

"Usually people, Slythern's included, complain about that." Eridanus pointed out to her.

"Shush, Sweets. I like the water. I like being in the water. It's like I can swim without having to get wet. And I don't have to listen to the rain storms when they hit. Or when the wind hits the towers. I heard that can get quite terrifying."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:07 pm

"To be honest I'm not looking forward to the first storm that rattles the towers," Bria admitted with a small pout.

"Afraid of a little lightning?" Sheba asked with an arched brow.

"Actually, I'm not too fond of what comes after it..." Bria shook her head, "I can watch a lightning show all night, it's the thunder that really bothers me."

"My mom's kind of the same way, but she and my dad usually hole themselves away in their room and my little sister, Reni, and my brother Nix go outside. I guess you could say I'm like a cat and don't like getting wet unless it's swimming like out in the lake or the waterfall lagoon."

Bria stared at her, "Your parents let your little siblings go /outside/ in a rainstorm?"

Sheba rubbed her neck. She couldn't very well tell her why, now could she, and she waved off Erin's condescending look before addressing Bria, "Well...the porch has an awning." That wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth either.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:53 pm

"As long as the lightnings not too bad, I don't see reason why not. Little kids love puddles and rainbows and all that good stuff." Rae said as she took a bite of her bacon as she listened to Sheba tell them. "Reni and Nix sound like their adorable." She nodded her head over towards her table. "We have a second-year, Sam, who said that his little brother's going to be starting here next year. At least, he thinks he's going to pick here. I'm pretty sure he will."

Eridanus looked over at the Slythern table. Draco looked as if he had swallowed something sour by the way he was staring at them. Or maybe it was the way he was staring at Harry. He wasn't exactly sure which way the glare was going. "Which one's Sam?"

Rae didn't even turn, "Really, really red hair."

"Like dark enough to look as if it's dyed?" Eridanus asked, finding a very red-haired boy sitting at the Slythern table. He didn't look too bothered that one of their own was sitting with the Lions. In fact, he seemed to be more interested in the schedule that he was handed. "Huh..."

"He's a fire-starter. Told me himself." Rae said as she poured a bit of syrup on the side so she could dip the bacon in it. "Funny kid that one is. He's quiet but he's loud too. Has a strong presence."

"Why did he tell you that?" Erin noticed how Sheba perked at the word "fire-starter". It was curious since that was a custom curse. Why anyone would go around saying something about it was beyond him.

"Dunno." Rae shrugged. "For some reason, I have this strange ability that people's dark secrets are automatically told. Not in public, mind you, but I am told sooner or later. In private usually."

"And you around talking about it?" That wasn't something that Erin liked already about Strawberry.

"Not really, not unless I think someone should know." Rae shrugged. "And considering the topic that we're on, about lightening storms, I thought that I should just...pass the message along."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:38 pm

Sheba turned to look at Sam. He was certainly a redhead, but...it didn't look dyed. The roots were just as red as the tips, both of which usually faded first when hair was dyed. He looked up and their eyes locked. His head tilted in interest before going back to study his schedule. Sheba also returned to her plate. It wasn't like she could ask him. The only class they had with Slytherins were Flying and Potions and those were both first year Slytherins at that. The only chance she would have would be to catch him in the hallway, but that would be potentially dangerous. She didn't want to lose friendships just to pursue what could be a false lead.

"Well, we best be off. Class starts soon and I don't want to be late. I foresee myself getting lost often," Bria sighed, "I think it's awesome you sleep under the lake, Rae. Wish I could see what it looks like at least, though I don't know which ones in your group are likely to bite as soon as a lion gets near. You know how much I like water, too." She pouted at her friend, "I knew the rivalry was bad but this is saddening."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:42 pm

"Meh." Rae shrugged as she stood up. "I better go and ask Draco if he has my schedule and follow him to wherever. I get to sit with you guys for lunch yeah?" At Bria's nod she grinned. "Coolio. Alright, see you around." She waved as she walked back to the Slythern table.

Eridanus watched as Draco stopped pouting and handed her the schedule and then looked back at the redhead. He turned to Sheba and hoped that his expression spoke loudly. What do you plan to do? He grabbed his bag and hauled it onto his shoulder, waiting patiently for Sheba to do the same so that all three of them could walk to class together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:04 pm

"She just blew me off on my comment," Bria frowned, her shoulders drooping.

"She's /your/ friend, /you/ know what she's like. I couldn't begin to tell you or comfort you." Shba shrugged her shoulders. She answered Erin with a quick glance, Nothing.

"Maybe...she just doesn't want to make them upset with her?" Bria murmured. She shifted and glanced back towards the Slytherin table. Once the three of them had their bags, they walked off, though she was slower than the rest.

Draco snorted when he saw this, "The mangy-looking Gryffindor you call a friend looks put-out. Are you /really/ going to hang out with her every breakfast or was it just this one time because you promised?"

"What are you going to do, stop her?" Sam looked up after biting a croissant.

"I admire not breaking promises, but it'd be for the best," Draco rolled his eyes.

"This is why we're scorned," Sam sighed as he grabbed his bag and stood up, taking another bite and mumbling around it, "Enjoy your first day of class, kiddos." And he was gone.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:11 pm

Rae bit her lip. "I had hoped to eat lunch with her too." She said slowly as she shifted a bit as she sat down. "It might be a good idea for me to keep the relationship up. With family connections and stuff, you never know when you'll need a hand. I'd much rather keep her on a side that I can watch her on, than to abandon her completely." She wasn't liking this. She wasn't liking this at all. Already she was telling Draco that she was planning to manipulate Bria, at the same /time/ she was doing this to manipulate him so that he wouldn't look down at her too much, to admire her for her thought.

The rivalry wasn't bad. It was the people who made it this way that was bad. She shifted again and tried a different route. "We're in the same classes together at least, but the Gryffindors have flying and potions with us. I can't imagine that going well. At least we're not in any others with them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:18 pm

"Hmm...well, I suppose you have a point," Draco agreed, and then a sly smirk crossed his lips, "We could always use you to get into the Gryffindor's heads. Alright then, be friends with the mangy lion. And don't worry about classes with them, and least it's only Wednesdays. We'd be at each other's throats if it was any more than that. However, you're still my Potions partner, regardless, understand?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Rae smiled, relieved. "Understood." She pretended to salute and then nodded her head towards the Hall. "We should go to class then. Otherwise we'd set a bad example for our House. I would love to see the House Cup in our name again." She smiled. "Imagine the looks on everyone's faces when that happens."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter 4 - Lessons   Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:17 pm

So far the week had been quite eventful. Potions was quite fine until Neville blew up his potion, though Seamus had him running for his money by blowing up /everything/ including the poor feather they tried making float in Charms, or the defenseless beetle in Transfiguration. Snape had it /out/ for Harry and Erin, then he also despised Hermione for her constant speaking out of turn. Bria found this ironic because Hermione was constantly griping about how people were rude she was being rude herself. /That/ was what you called a hypocrite. Thankfully, Sheba managed to score ten points to recover the five Hermione lost after Snape grilled her asking about herbs, roots, and the like much to everyone else's but Erin's surprise and Hermione's chagrin since she had her hand raised for all questions. Snape actually /liked/ Sheba out of their entire class and only Ron and Miss Granger found this unfair.

Quirrel stuttered sure, but he was good at what he did. Sheba and Bria were nice to him, even though he had a special interest in Harry, and the other students didn't complain because that took the spotlight off of them and their muttering.

In Charms, only Sheba had managed to get it to fly besides Hermione. Sheba also excelled in Transfiguration. Bria had managed to transform the beetle on Tuesday after Sheba had given her a tip to 'picture' it as well.

In History of Magic, Ron had tried so hard to stay awake but ended up conking out after thirty minutes. Erin had ditched like he said he would, Sheba signing his name on the roster. Harry, Hermione and Sheba had stayed awake, Bria making it to 45 minutes before falling asleep and only the mention of food waking both her and Ron up, which caused both of them to crack up.

Breakfast Rae did in face come over to spend time with Erin and Bria, though was vague about anything concerning Slytherins except for Sam, whom she hadn't become friends with but they acknowledged each other at least.

Finally, FINALLY, came Thursday and Flying Lessons, and Bria eagerly found Rae, claiming the broom on the right side of her, Draco on the left. Draco sneered at her, but Bria snorted in return and ignored him, Rae sighing between them.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:28 pm

Madam Hooch was told them exactly how to get on their brooms and told them what the proper word was for the brooms get up. Draco and Harry did it first try, everyone else was having a bit of a problem. Ron's smacked him across the face, Neville's was just rolling on the ground before finally coming up to his hand, Hermione's also was also rolling around, despite how many different tones of voice she used. Rae got hers on third try and gripped it tightly. Erin was second. Sheba was also on the second try. Bria was on third try as well.

Once everyone got in position, Neville accidentally took off and then crashed, breaking his wrist within a span of a few moments in class. It hadn't even begun and already there were problems. Rae was impatient, really. She felt bad for the boy, but Jesus. "I think I'm going to agree with you, Draco." She whispered to Draco, being careful to not let Bria hear. She knew Draco knew what she was talking about since he was smirking.

Erin watched Neville leave, feeling awful for the poor boy. His confidence level was already at a down low, this was probably not helping any matters.

"Jeez. Poor Neville." Ron said, speaking Erin's thoughts aloud. "He can't catch a break."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:12 pm

No sooner were they out of earshot than Malfoy burst into laughter.
  "Did you see his face, the great lump?"
  The other Slytherins joined in except for Rachel who was appalled.
  "Shut up, Malfoy," snapped Parvati Patil.
  "Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom?" said Pansy Parkinson, a hard-faced Slytherin girl. "Never thought you'd like fat little crybabies, Parvati."
  "Look!" said Malfoy, darting forward and snatching something out of the grass. "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him."
  The Remembrall glittered in the sun as he held it up.
  "Give that here, Malfoy," said Harry quietly. Everyone stopped talking to watch.
  Malfoy smiled nastily.
  "I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find -- how about -- up a tree?"
  "Give it here!" Harry yelled, but Malfoy had leapt onto his broomstick and taken off. He hadn't been lying, he could fly well. Hovering level with the topmost branches of an oak he called, "Come and get it, Potter!"
  Harry grabbed his broom.
  "No!" shouted Hermione Granger. "Madam Hooch told us not to move -- you'll get us all into trouble."

Bria looked at Rae, "Control the King Cobra over there, or something! You're the one who's friends with him!"

But before Rae could even open her mouth, Harry was in the air taking care of the problem. He was a natural on that broom. They were having an argument in the air that they couldn't hear because of the wind. Suddenly Malfoy threw the ball and Harry streaked after it. Bria couldn't see a thing.

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Rae watched in absolute horror as Draco had tossed the ball and Harry had sped after it. She didn't know what happened since it was a fast dive, but apparently it was caught. It didn't even take /seconds/ until McGonagal came stomping over to the flying pitch and called the two boys down.

Erin's grip was white on the broomstick. He hadn't expected to see Harry actually dive after the ball. It was spectacular. His mom would tell him that James would have done the same. Probably be a bit more clumsier, but he knew how to play the Seeker position if needed. Harry definitely inherited that from his father. Had to have.

He watched as McGonagal took Harry off of the flying pitch, ignoring Paravti's and Ron's pleas to let him off and to try and tell her that Malfoy provoked him. Erin rounded on to him when Draco settled on the pitch. "Good job." He said dryly. "Already getting people expelled I see."

"Come on, Erin. Harry's not going to get expelled for that." Rae said, her face ashen. "Though I will admit that it was a stupid thing to do on both sides."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:00 pm

"That was a lucky move on Potter's side," Draco grunted, "Well, class was dismissed and we have homework. Let's go." He started walking off and the Slytherins started following him when he stopped and looked back, "Rachel?"

Bria stared at Rae, "So he calls you by your first name?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:08 pm

Rae could only shrug helplessly. "I don't mind it." She started walking towards him. "I should go though. See you around." She waved a bit before she turned completely away and ran after him.

Eridanus chucked the broomstick down, "What does she see in him?" He demanded. "He's not doing anyone any favors."

"I dunno. She's a Slythern though. There's a reason why she was put in that house." Ron said slowly. "I'm a bit more worried about Harry. Do you reckon he's in a lot of trouble?"

"Not really." Eridanus looked at Ron. "Not at all I bet." He looked after Rae. He had a feeling that she hated her name...why would she let Malfoy call her by her name? What was going on with that? He ran his fingers through his hair. He noticed that even Bria looked upset. So this wasn't normal behavior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:14 pm

There had to be a reason. She had to be playing the game or something. Rae was /adamant/ about not being called 'Rachel' even in school. Bria gripped her broom before she threw it violently into the pile.

"Whoa," Sheba held her hands up, "Bria? Hey, it's going to be okay?" she said hesitantly, awkwardly. She wasn't sure what she needed to say or what Bria needed to hear.

"I'm going to the common room!" Bria snapped and stormed away, trying to hide her shining eyes as she ran off.

"Uh...I think we should...go back to the common room, too?" Sheba looked at Erin helplessly.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:18 pm

"We might as well. Harry might be in there or he's going to tell all of us what happened over dinner." Erin took a breath as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Sheba tell me again how in the world I managed to get myself mixed up with girl problems of all things?" He sighed. "What would Aunt Eri or my mom do in this situation? Honestly..."
~+~
They got into the common room, Sheba still distraught that she didn't know what to say to Bria and Erin was still hassled about the idea that he was mixed up with problems that weren't even remotely in his range. He was going to be thanking whatever god there was if he could make it out of first year alive. "Hey George, Fred." He greeted the twins who were hunched over something. "What are you up to?"

"Nothing much." The twins said together as they looked up from what they were doing. It looked as if they were writing a list, but they weren't willing to show it.

"Is Bria here? She's not..." Erin gestured at the common room.

"No, we haven't seen her come in." George answered, looking a bit concerned when he saw Erin's face fall. "Whats up?"

"Strawberry might have shown her true colors and is actually a Slythern." Erin admitted. "Though we don't know that for certain."

"Why?" The twins asked.

"Draco tossed Neville's thing and Harry caught it in a dive while Madam Hooch was taking Neville up to the hospital wing." Erin explained. "When everything was said and done, and class was dismissed, Strawberry was called by her real name."

Fred furrowed his eyebrows. "When she announced it to the entire great hall that she'd rather be called Strawberry? Really?" He looked at George who was pursing his lips together. "Huh..."

"Do you remember how when we first met you told us about the map?" George asked, looking at Sheba. Fred immediately perked.

"Oh that's /right/." Fred snapped his fingers. "We could use that." He turned to Sheba. "You do know the way to use it right? We might be able to find Bria that way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:40 pm

There was no one else in the room, too busy enjoying their free time to the fullest, classes, or homework. "Do you have it?" Sheba asked simply, "I thought that'd be next week, but I do get when things that happen further away jumbled up."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:45 pm

Erin gave her a look. You honestly need to learn what the word discrete means. Really. He turned back to the twins who were giving each other slight looks. "It doesn't matter really." He waved it off. "I'm sure I can find her myself. Though my suggestion for that map, don't let Sheba do nonverbal. She sucks and she'll never give you the answer." He grinned as he was smacked against the shoulder. You totally deserved that since you don't know what it means to keep your mouth shut. He winked at her before leaving the common room, hands in his pocket.

"You two have the weirdest way of talking," Fred said as George got up to go up to the third year dormitory. "Though I guess that's what it sounds like when George and I start talking to one another. It's funny to listen to."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:05 am

Sheba giggled softly, "Why be discrete when it's just us?" she smiled at him, going over and leaning over the back of the couch, "How has your week gone so far? I only see you at lunch now if I'm lucky."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter Book Role Play
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next