Share | 

Harry Potter Book Role Play

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:33 pm

()

Once they had gotten off of the train, a big booming man who overtowered many of the students around, was shouting for the first years to line up near him. The rest of the students had disappeared on to different carriages after being assured that they should leave their luggage on the train, it would appear in the house that they were called into.

The sky was at it's prettiest sunset. Bria and Rae were in a boat with Sheba and Erin while Harry and Ron were in a boat with a few others, all of them gaping at the large castle that stood brightly on the edge of the lake. The orange glow softly radiating from the windows brought out a majestic sense and a mysterious vibe.

They got to go through the entrance hall where a old woman with a tall pointed hat that was dipped a little to the side stood. She told them about a sorting and about the rules, and disappeared to make sure that they were ready for them in the Great Hall.

Already Rae was feeling nervous. Jittery and excited all at once. She looked around at the first years, trying to discern who would be her friend and who wouldn't be when she noticed a platiumn blond boy walk up to Harry who was in the middle of the crowd. She couldn't hear what was said, but the boy was immediately turned away with a scowl on his face.

Rae pursed her lips together, unsure about how to take that exchange.

"We're ready for you." McGonagal said when she came back. "Let's go."

If the castle's outer was impressive, the Great Hall was magnificent. Floating lights lit up the Hall and four tables each with their respective House crest flags hung above them. The ceiling was bewitched to look like the evening sky.

"-I read in Hogwarts, a History." A girl said talking to one of the students nearby.

"That is incredible." Rae's eyes were about to pop. "I could spend forever on the tables, looking up at the sky and never get bored."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:58 pm

"This is amazing!" Bria agreed whole-heartedly. She was still embarrassed about the fact she'd fallen asleep on George, who had scurried off with his brother as soon as she woke up.

"So that's the Sorting Hat?" Sheba blinked as Professor McGonagall put a hat on a stool, "It's so old and battered...oh!" She was startled as it began to sing after a mouth opened up near the bottom.

When it was done, she heard Ron hiss to Harry through the applause, "I'll kill Fred, he was going on about wrestling a troll."

Professor McGonagall now stepped forward holding a long roll of parchment, "When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," she said. "Abbott, Hannah!"

Alphabetical order! Sheba was bouncing in her shoes. She had put her hair in a ponytail, and it was swinging around, brushing the back of her neck. Hannah got called to Hufflepuff.

"Arashi, Sheba!"

The brown haired girl squeezed Erin's hand for luck real quick before she pushed through the others and hopped up onto the stool. There was whispering, whether about her ears or her name she didn't know. The hat fell in front of her eyes and she giggled softly.

"Well, well," the Hat murmured in her ear, "I was wondering when I'd see you. Your father was a great Gryffindor, and your mother a friendly Hufflepuff. Where to put you...yes...I see more of the Arashi blood in you..." The Hat boomed out-loud, "GRYFFINDOR!"

Sheba blinked as her vision was returned to her and she hopped off the stool, cheering as she ran to the far left House that was clapping madly, bouncing happily and she found the Weasleys, "I did it!" she hugged Fred happily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:10 am

"Congratulations!" Fred beamed at her as he hugged her back, ignoring the look his brother gave him. "Welcome to our House!"

There were a few more names called and then it was "Black, Eridanus!"

A hush fell over the entire Great Hall as Eridan walked up to the stool. He could hear them whisper. While everyone else probably knew about his father. He supposed some of them were wondering who he took after. His mother probably. They'd never guess in their lives that he looked more like the grandmother he never met. He noticed that McGonagall was glaring at him and he narrowed his eyes back, growling softly in the back of his throat.

Both Fred and George looked at Sheba with a gaping mouth. "You never told us that your cousin was the son of the infamous Black!"

It made him upset and angry that people were going to stare. It made him furious that they had no idea. None. He was sure they were guessing that he looked like his mother, and he was suddenly grateful that the only thing he inherited besides his lanky form, was his father's eyes. He sat down on the stool and he wondered just how grudgingly she put it on his head.

"My, my," The hat spoke with a soothing voice. A voice that could calm him, if he allowed it too. "What do we have here, a growling lion? An angry raven? Yes, I remember your father. A strong Gryffindor. Your mother was a clever Ravenclaw. You don't seem to hold her traits sadly. Your father on the other hand, you inherited more than just his eyes. Let's show them, hmm??" The Hat opened it mouth and boomed, "GRYFFINDOR!"

As much as the applause exploded, Erin wondered faintly if his House was sincere about it. He walked over and sat down, noticing that no one scooted away, but they did look at him funny. "Well, I'm in." He smiled at Sheba. Better make the most of this. They were his House and if the Sorting Hat thought that he could prove something, then there was something he could do.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:26 am

"Well, now you know," Sheba shook her head, "You have a lot to learn about him." She turned to her cousin who was beside her and hugged him tightly, "Welcome, Erin! This year is going to be amazing!" They watched as a few more got sorted. Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, then...

"Granger, Hermione!" Hermione almost ran to the stool and jammed the hat eagerly on her head. "GRYFFINDOR!" shouted the hat.

Sheba clapped with the others and watched as she came to sit down. She sat next to Erin. "Greetings, Hermione!"

Hermione blushed a bit, "Hello, I read about your father. He's one of the many Aurors. Isn't he cu-"

"GRYFFINDOR!" Shouted the hat again, which Sheba was thankful for, and looked up to see Bria sliding off, looking proud of herself. She clapped loudly for the girl.

"A noble thing, your grandmother did, making the Knight Bus for witches and wizards with nowhere to go," the Hat had murmured to Bria, "You have a lot of her in you. Better be..."

Bria was so happy. She was going to be writing a letter tonight to her parents, and she joined the rest. She was hugged by Sheba and Erin as she sat down between them, blushing madly as George gave her a smile, "My grandmother's going to be really proud of me. I'm so happy."

"Lockheart, Rachel!"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:38 am

"Strawberry!" Rae called, causing a few of the others to laugh across the hall. Erin's cheeks flushed a bit pink. He didn't realize that in giving her a nickname, she was going to be demanding to be called that for the rest of her school career. He looked over as he watched her sit down, looking proud. The hat actually looked good on her which was funny since it was old and beaten.

"Oooh, now aren't you difficult." The hat murmured. "You got your mother's attitude and your father's cunning, where in the world do I put you? In with the snakes like your father? Or in with the lions like your mother?" The hat paused for a moment. "Ah, you already have a decision. Who am I to deny a request? Lockhearts have always been..." "SLYTHERN!"

"Well she got the House she wanted." Erin was a bit amused as Fred and George stared at the girl in horror.

Rae waved over to Bria, confirming that they were definitely going to see each other at breakfast now.

"Longbottom, Neville!" The poor scared boy with the toad walked up to the Sorting Hat and sat down on the stool, looking terrified.

"Should be a Gryffindor I think." The Hat cooed. "That is where your parents were."

"I..I'd really not." Neville murmured timidly. "Hufflepuff is fine with me. I don't mind.."

"You need more courage, what better to be a..." "GRYFFINDOR!" The hat shouted and Neville ran off, with the hat still on his head. He blushed furiously as he had to run back up to the stool and give it back to McGonagall, finding a seat and trying to hide even though everyone who was there was clapping his back and celebrating that he was in their House.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:01 am

Bria was happy Rae got what she wanted, "She better tell me all about her first night in her House." She sat sideways, her right leg folded over the bench as she watched the next person MacDougal, Morag get Sorted.

Then a boy with almost white hair it was so blond sauntered up to the Hat. Draco Malfoy sat on the stool, and the hat didn't even touch his head before it screamed "SLYTHERIN!" Smirking broadly, he left the stool and made his way to the table. He found her, the one with the Gryffindor friend, immediately and sat down next to her. "Lockheart, are you? I heard your father was a Slytherin married to a Gryffindor. Both Seekers. Is your eyesight just as good, then? Maybe you could play for our Quidditch team."

Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:08 am

Rae was a bit shocked that he was sitting down next to her. She smiled friendly. "My eyesight's pretty good. I thought about it. How about you? Do you think you're going to play for our House?" She tilted her head a bit. "Malfoy, Malfoy, your father and mother were both Slytherns and if memory serves, your dad works at the ministry?" She questioned. "He's a governor of the school board too if my father told me right."

There were a few more names shouted and then "Potter, Harry."

Once more, just like Eridanus' name, there was a hush that fell across the Great Hall. Many of them started to peek around, more interested about the famous Harry Potter than they were about the criminal son Eridanus Black.

It took longer than a moment before, "GRYFFINDOR!"

The Weasley Twins stood up together alongside Sheba and Bria. "WE GOT POTTER! WE GOT POTTER!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:44 am

Draco snorted at the display, "Rather be friends with mudbloods, blood traitors, and halfbloods I see." He hissed. He shrugged and responded to Rachel, "My father thought the stunt your mother did to get the snitch was impressive, so I suppose that counts for something, as much as I dislike Gryffindors. So are you really friends with that mangy looking one with brown hair, green eyes? Noticed she's in boy's clothes like yourself. What's up with that?"

Bria patted Harry before he sat down next to Hermione, "Well done, Harry! It's nice to meet you!"

Harry blushed at the same time he grinned, "Thanks, I'm glad I got to be in Gryffindor. I hope Ron'll be here, too." He turned and looked at the table, which he could see clearly now. It didn't take long before Ron's name was called. Poor guy looked ready to vomit. Harry crossed his fingers.

The hat shouted GRYFFINDOR about as soon as the hat touched his head, like Draco. Ron came over, looking much relieved. "Well done, Ron, excellent," said Percy Weasley pompously across Harry as "Zabini, Blaise," was made a Slytherin. Professor McGonagall rolled up her scroll and took the Sorting Hat away along with the stool.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:15 am

"My mother's an impressive woman. The girl in Gryffindor is my next-door neighbor. We've been childhood friends since I could remember. As for the clothes, well...it's more comfortable than a skirt. Imagine if I was attacked and have to worry about my modesty all the time. No, best to get that out of the way and wear something practical. For her, it's more of a style than anything." Rae grinned, flattered. It appeared even the Slythern House had admired her mother for something. Sure it might just be only Quidditich, but she supposed being a pureblood who married pure helped a lot. She squirmed uncomfortably with the insults that he sprouted off. She wanted to stand up to her friends that were in Gryffindor, but she knew /very/ well the water's she'd stir if she did. She would have to be more careful. "It's not too bad being a blood traitor," She said slowly, noting his look of incredulity. She nodded her head towards the Gryffindor table. "At least they're over there, and not here right?"

"Looks like Malfoy found someone else to annoy thankfully. Poor Strawberry. I pegged her for a Hufflepuff." Ron pouted over at the table. "I hope she'll do alright."

Dumbledore stood up and gave his a few words for welcoming speech and the golden plates disappeared and then everything appeared all at once. The food smelled delicious and the first years stared at it in excitement before they started to dig in immediately.

"Knew you'd be a Gryffindor." Eridanus grinned at Harry. "Congratulations, Harry. Ron."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:42 pm

"I suppose you have a point, and you can't help feel that way, having grown up with them," Draco snorted, then waved his hand dismissively, "I suppose your logic makes sense, but the point is that it's /uniform/. What if all girls started wearing pants instead of skirts like they were supposed to? Then you would have your queers wearing skirts. It's just one of those things if one person gets to do it, then everyone else goes 'why can't I?' and chaos ensues. That's why they're /uniforms/. If I see a single guy next year wearing a skirt I blame you."

"Wonder what's on the 3rd floor corridor to make it off limits," Bria mused and looked at Fred and George, "Do you know?"

Harry nodded to Erin, "Thanks. I'm glad to be a part of Gryffindor. Do you know what house my parents were in?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:48 pm

"Go ahead. I love making waves." Rae smiled at Draco warmly as she said this. She passed him a basket of buttered rolls. "So instead of worrying about my dress and casual affairs, what classes are you hoping to take? I hear potions is extremely hard as well as Transfiguration." She eyed the teacher's table. "Wonder what professor's going to be teaching what. I don't think Quill or whatever his name is, is going to be a great Defense. He looks timid."

"Have no idea." Fred and George said instantly.

"Both of them were Gryffindors." Eridanus said with a smile. "Lily more or less had the bravery down, while James more or less had the recklessness. My Aunt probably could tell you more. My uncle definitely."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:10 pm

"I'm just taking the regular classes," Draco shrugged, "I'm not interested in any of the other subjects. I'm interest in Potions. The head of our House, Severus Snape, is the teacher for Potions." He pointed him out, "The woman to the left of Dumbledore is Professor McGonagall. She's the Transfiguration teacher. I don't think that'll be too difficult. She's also the Headmistress and Head of Gryffindor. The short one is Professor Flitwick who teaches Chorus and Frog Choir. The grungy woman in brown is Professor Sprout for Herbology. For History of Magic there's a ghost who teaches that one so you won't see him until class. Also, keep an eye out for Peeves. Thankfully he won't bother us too much because he's scared of the Bloody Baron, but if you're hanging with your /friend/," he sneered at the idea, "then I can't guarantee you'll be safe."

Bria and Sheba knew better than to believe them, but by Percy's glare they couldn't say even if they did know, "Is it usually off limits?" Sheba asked this time.

Harry beamed. So he'd ended up in the same House as his parents! That made him feel extremely relieved, and he began digging into the feast. So much food. He'd go home probably weighing twenty pounds more if his metabolism wasn't so fast. He'd eat like a horse at primary school but wouldn't gain a single pound. "Do you have pictures with you of your family?" he asked offhandedly between mouthfuls of chicken.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:07 pm

"Peeves is a bad ghost then?" Rae asked curiously as she looked at the teachers that Draco named, impressed that he knew them all by heart. Though she knew that she shouldn't be, his father was the governor of the school and who knew what type of connections he had. She looked back at Severus Snape and tilted her head a bit. "Mom and Dad went to school with him," she said offhandedly. "He's pretty quiet. I bet he's an interesting teacher..." She looked over at McGonagal. "So is she. Been around for forever, if I remember right. She was the Head of Gryffindor House when mom was in school too. Professor Flitwhick. I think the only new teachers that's here is the Defense one and Sprout."

"No." George looked up at Sheba. "Not at all actually. It was abandoned and not many people went down there. Before it was off limits, Fred and I would go explore."

"Not that we found anything too much of interest." Fred sighed. "Ah, well."

"I...I have some." Eridanus said slowly, hesitant. "Just two, I didn't want to carry the whole album. One of them is a bit worn, but the other one's fairly new."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:03 pm

"Not /bad/ per se, but...mischievous. Doesn't listen to very many people. Barely listens to Dumbledore, either," Draco snorted, "Now, same question applies to you. What are you looking forward to?"

"Think we could go exploring with you sometimes?" Bria piped up, tilting her head. She nibbled on a buttered roll.

Sheba sipped her pumpkin juice. Unlike her parents, she liked pumpkin juice, "Or are you the 'no girl's allowed' type? I'd be quite disappointed if you were."

"If you don't want to show me, that's fine," Harry said quickly after hearing the strain in Erin's voice, "I was just curious since you talk about them with such high regard."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:23 pm

Rae blew out air upwards to move her hair a bit as she thought about what she was looking forward to. "I'm looking forward to call my classes if I'm honest," she said carefully, her mind going a thousand miles per a minute. "Flying would be fun. I heard that's a required class for first years. I wonder if I'll do any good like my parents." She tapped the table. "Potions sounds exciting. It's kind of like poison. No one really thinks about it anymore when you got a wand beside you, but imagine all the different things you can do. Some potions counter a lot of spells. Even the versatile counter-potion sometimes doesn't work. That's like...killing your enemy in fifty ways more than with a wand. Unless, of course, you find out how to get through the Restricted section. Then you have the whole world at your finger tips."

George and Fred exchanged a look, silently communicating their thoughts about what to do with Sheba and Bria and then they turned back to them. "Too risky." They said together at the same time.

Erin shook his head from side to side. "No, it's not that." He smiled a bit at Harry. "I wouldn't mind showing you honestly. They're in my trunk though, so when we go up to the common room, I'll dig them out." He promised. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel like that. I over-think sometimes. It's a bad habit."

Ron snorted at that. "I don't think you can over think anything yet." He told them. "I wouldn't mind seeing the pictures myself if you don't mind."

"Of course not." Erin smiled a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:04 pm

"That's what I think!" Draco smirked at her, "Potions is an /art/, and doing one /wrong/ could possibly kill yourself. If you don't respect Potions then you're as good as dead."

Sheba smirked just a little as Bria 'awed' and pouted, "Well, I hope I can change your mind next week when I help you with that map. I want one of those hiccup candies you're gunna get from Honeydukes. They sound fun," she hummed.

Bria and the others gave her a strange look, "What?"

"Oh, nothing..." Sheba giggled.

Harry leaned and looked at Sheba, "Do you have pictures of your parents?"

"Of course I do!" Sheba smiled, and fished out her locket. It was a carved wooden one with a dragon on it and she took it off, handing it to him.

Taking it, Harry popped it open. Like some other pictures he'd seen, these moved and they waved at him. He noticed Erin on one side standing next to a pretty woman with shoulder-length black hair and pale eyes that looked haunted and there was a rather beat up man beside her. By beat up he meant loads of scars, but he was handsome in spite of his ruggedness. To the other side, there was a man with striking features - he could tell where Sheba got it - and a long braid of black hair draped over his shoulder. He looked proud and was wearing nice robes. Beside him in his protective hold, was a lovely woman with gorgeous hair. He could only guess since they were an off brown color (sepia), that it was as ginger or even more so than the Weasleys' own hair. She had bright eyes that stood out and were unbelievably gentle. "They're wonderful, Sheba," he smiled and tried handing it back to her when it was snatched by one of the twins.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Rae nodded solemnly, though her smile was bright and wicked. She always had loved potions, her father had been skilled in it. As much as she liked waving her wand, she liked having different methods up her sleeve and potions was one of them that was both secretive and hard. "I think you and I will make a great team in Potions." She grinned. "I was wondering when we were going to find some common ground." She held her hand out. "Partners?"

Fred looked at the picture in earnest as George craned his neck to look at them. "You look a lot like your dad. You can tell who it is, just by looking. Your mom's gorgeous though, bet you're gonna get her looks when you grow up more."

"By the way..." George said slowly, looking at Sheba. "We're going to grab you later to ask about that map."

"Oh yeah." Fred nodded as he handed the locket back to her. "It's a conversation not meant for these fellas to know."

"If you're talking about the map I think you're talking about," Erin said with a small smile. "Then you might as well drag me into the conversation. I know it well."

"How?!" Fred spluttered.

"Family." Eridanus responded. "We'll tell you all about it. Though Sheba," he gave his cousin a look though she just looked pleased with herself. "Needs to learn how to be discrete about her talents and not waving them around where people can use them to exploit them. Now that is something I'd hide. Not your ears."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:25 pm

"Certainly," Draco agreed wholeheartedly and shook her hand firmly, feeling an odd spark. He furrowed his brows briefly before shrugging it off, "I'm good at flying as it is, by the way. Practice Quidditch at home. I hope to join the school team next year. I'm going to pass lessons easily. If you need help I can give you some tips. Gotta see how you do, first, though. /I'm/ not looking forward to Transfiguration. Tricky subject, that one."

"Oh please," Sheba rolled her eyes, but didn't respond to him. They were going to forget all about it come morning. She slipped her locket back on and then under her shirt where she patted it's lump. "I'm hoping to be an Auror like him when I graduate Hogwarts. I like danger as much as I like adventure."

"I liked the dragon on the front of your locket," Harry added, "It looked hand-carved."

"That's because it is!" Sheba grinned, "My dad's a great woodworker. Carved my mother's locket, too. She's got a tiger."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:28 pm

"Astrology for me," Rae wrinkled her nose a bit. "I'd probably fall asleep looking up at the telescope. I mean, I like the stars and all, but the alignments and ugh." She shook her head. "Transfiguration, at least the worst that can happen is that the spell backfires and you get turned into something that can easily be turned back into..."

"Our brother's a dragon tamer. He'd enjoy that locket." Fred mused as he piled some more potatoes onto his plate. "Are you really obsessed with them?"

"Charlie would be so upset he graduated." George snorted. "When there's a perfectly good lass who knows dragons as well as he does."

Fred gave George a bit of a glare, but didn't say anything more.

"And your dad's an Auror? Why be an Auror when he has wood-carving skills like that? Think of all the wands he could have done. He'd put Ollviander to shame I'd bet." Ron gasped softly at the idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:05 pm

"My mum's brilliant at astrology, I'll help you with that, too," Draco nodded as he devoured some food, pausing their conversation briefly so they could eat. Then he piped up again, "It's not like we're going to be turning our pets into glass goblets. My father said they start us out really simple, like beetles into buttons or something like that. So you don't have to worry about being turned into a pillow cushion. Though, I think you'd make a rather comfortable one," he chuckled.

"I love dragons," Sheba and Bria chorus at the same time. Sheba looked at Bria with a bit of surprised, "You do?"

"Yes! I have a book of all the dragon types to date," Bria beamed.

"Aren't you a lucky one! I have tapestries and posters and figurines in my room," Sheba giggled, "I don't have a book, though." She looked at Fred and George, "I think we could talk about dragons all night. So is your brother in Romania?" She looked at Ron, "My mum keeps telling him he could make wants, but he prefers wood-carving for fun. That's his ultimate reasoning."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:13 pm

Rae's cheeks blushed as she laughed warmly. "I'm not sure I would, I'm boney. You'd probably be more comfortable then me." She grinned. "Well, in any case, I'll be sure to grab you as a study partner. We'll see what classes we excel in and don't and play off our strengths and weaknesses."

"Charlie would love you both." George stared at the girls a bit. "Yeah he's in Romanina for right now. Who knows where he's going to head off to next."

"Somewhere with more dragons to discover." Fred laughed.

"Looks like he's always going to have a job then," Ron nodded at the wood-carving comment. "If he ever decides to take it up as one anyway."

The feast changed soon enough from the normal food, to the desserts, signaling that the feast was about to come to an end and the prefects would soon have to get up and tell the first years to follow them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:11 pm

"That's how you succeed," Draco agreed, finishing off his dinner before reaching out for a truffle. He noticed Rachel didn't seem interested really, "Don't like sweets?"

"What's your favorite kind of sweet, George?" Bria asked curiously to the twin as she sucked on a fudge square, "I really like chocolate and peanut butter type treats, or oreos."

"I have no doubt about that," Sheba agreed, grabbing some brownies, and she turned back to Fred, "Are you looking forward to your third year classes? I heard you get Divination."

Harry looked at Erin, "What do you know about the classes we'll have?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:27 pm

"I don't know what they all are actually." Rae admitted. "I'm not really a sweet person, and I don't know if there's any that isn't rich."

Fred laughed, "Oh no. We know better than to take that."

"Taking Muggle studies and Ancient Runes we are." George agreed. "I'm a chocolate fan myself actually. Fred here is the one who really enjoys peanut butters and toffee like sweets."

Erin piled on a couple of pieces of cherry pie as he thought about the classes. "Well, I know that we'll be taking flying. Which is us learning how to ride a broomstick. We'll also learn Transfiguration, which is what Hermione and Percy are talking about right now, and that's just turning things into other things, really tricky. Potions is another, think of it as making...." He trailed off. "Think of it as making breakfast. You have to time everything just right with the right ingredients and put all together so that it stays hot. Herbology is mainly learning about different types of plants and herbs that are magical, they can be used in Potions. Uncle Rem used to double his care by asking the greenhouse professor if he could have a stash as long as he took care of them himself." He stabbed the pieced of cherry pie and took a bite. "Then you have Charms...that's just...easy stuff really. I don't know how to describe it. Unlocking doors, dying someone's hair....Defense against the Dark Arts is where you're going to learn your hexes and your counter hexes and jinxes unless you go to the library."

"Wow." Ron whistled. "You know a lot. I mean I knew all that stuff, too but..."

"Uncle Rem and my mom thought it best that I didn't go unprepared." Erin admitted. "Also, mom used to be very good in all her classes. Average at most. Her shining moments were always in Divination though. The Professor in that class admired her for it." He turned back to Harry. "You also have History of Magic...which sadly no one can stay awake in. At least, according to everyone in my family."

"That's true." Fred said, overhearing the conversation. "There is currently a contest to see how long someone can stay awake in his class. Someone managed to get 45 minutes, but it hasn't been beaten yet."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:14 pm

"You like rich sweets? Hmm...here, try a toffee," Draco hummed as he reached for one and handed it to her, "You're going to have to be more specific besides 'rich' so I can suggest more. There's loads of different pies, cake, pudding of many flavors, ice cream..."

"I'll try and beat it," Harry, Bria, and Sheba all chorused and looked at each other before laughing.

"I don't really like toffee...I don't like coffee or coffee flavored anything," Bria made a face. She wrapped some more fudge pieces in some napkins and made sure Percy or Hermione weren't watching before slipping them into the pockets of her robes.

((Shhh I'm a klepto though with Percy and the bookworm there I can't have Sheba ask XD figure that's a conversation best left in private and it's a "skill" Fred and George would appreciate. I like being sneaky))
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:05 pm

Rae took the toffee and took a bite out of it. She played with it in her mouth. It wasn't too sweet, and it was a little bitter. "Kind of like this." She grinned. "I usually never eat sweets." She admitted. "I'm so much more of a health nut, but they all look entricing. So...I really don't know how to describe anything besides "rich"." She blushed a bit before thinking. "I do like soft though. Or chewy. I don't really have a favorite flavor yet...wow. I'm missing out on a lot I guess."

"I think History of Magic's going to be one of the few classes I ditch most often." Eridanus hummed. "If the teacher's not interesting or if it's just a lecture-only class then I don't really see a reason to be there."

"Your loss." Ron grinned. "Hey Harry, I'll be rooting for you to win the contest!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter Book Role Play
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next