Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat Empty
PostSubject: Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat   Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 10:19 pm

The day was beautiful. Davon was so very glad that she had a morning shift today instead of a closing one. It may be February, but the day had reached a max of fifty degrees and all she felt the need to wear was a light jacket. She'd come right to the park after work, and was currently eating her lunch...which wasn't much. Just some chicken strips from the diner and fries with ranch. She'd asked for five containers since they were usually so tiny they never met her ranch-needs. Mike would probably beat her with one of his couch pillows if he saw her eating so little with barely eating breakfast as it was. She would more than likely eat like a horse later tonight to make up for it, however, so she didn't worry about it. Mike was simply not used to her eating habits.

Sighing in content, she set her food to the side while she laid back in the half-green half-brown grass, nibbling on a fry as she watched the clouds float on by, enjoying the warmth of the sun. She wished there were leaves on the trees and this was summer, but it would have to do for now. She almost didn't notice the presence coming near if it wasn't for the crunching of feet on the ground and she glanced over...

...then nearly dropped her fry.

It had been a while since he had been to the fair city of New Orleans and the few times he had been before had been all business. The same was true now but this time he had to stay, for a while at least. So today he was exploring, walking the city. He needed to know his surrounding to feel comfortable in the place he was living. Know they best way to get out if need be. The park had called to him in its silent beauty. He was not really one to dally in such places but his gut told him he need to be here, needed to look closer at what it held. He hadn’t managed to live 500 years by not listening to his gut so look he would.

He walked at a casual pace down the paths at first but slowly drifted onto the crunchy green/brown February grass. He liked the feel of grass beneath his feet. It was in his nature or so he imaged all things considered and he was more than fine with that. The soft crunching sound of the brittle grass slipped to the back of his mind as his eyes scanned the park for whatever his gut insisted he see. It seemed pretty much empty. Not really a surprise most people in this area of the world avoided even the slightest chill. Malachi himself cared little for it Island boy that he was he preferred the heat. Such thoughts vanished from his mind as his eyes fell upon a figure in the not so far distance.

Maintaining that same casual pace he made his way toward the person. As he drew closer his eyes began to take note. Female, and even laying back as she was it was clear she was petite of frame and if he had to guess likely short of stature. It didn’t matter he liked shorter women not that it was of import in the moment. Pushing that thought away he refocused taking in her gentle wave of her long chestnut locks. Hair that gleamed in the afternoon light and offered a hint of other color mixed within. It tumbled over her shoulders to lay draped over the ample endowments the gods had seen fit to grace her smaller form with. More could not be seen until he got closer and that was what he was going to do.

He failed to realize his approach had gone pretty much unnoticed. He was tromping somewhat loudly through the crisp grass or so he thought. Of course not everyone was like him so maybe she just didn’t care if he was coming. It was clear she was a touch startled at his presence when at least she looked his way. She looked up at him and the bright green of her eyes found the softer more muted shades of his own green eyes. He smiled at her, the soft gentle kind of smile that forced just one corner of his mouth into an amused smirk of sort. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to startle you.” He offered in a deep voice tempered with a touch of mirth. “I was hoping you might be able to help me.” He offered now. The comment held no truth what so ever beyond the possibility that she might actually be able to tell him something about New Orleans he didn’t already know. Only time would tell.

"You might've misunderstood my reaction, there, good sir," Davon mumbled under her breath, and sat up so she could face him better, then proceeded to put her food back in the to-go box it'd come in. It wasn't that she'd been startled by his presence. It was hard to miss someone entering an otherwise empty park. No...what'd made her jaw drop was how bloody fucking gorgeous he was. Handsome and tall, dark hair with a tamed but glorious beard and his green eyes took her breath away. Jade, maybe? His sun-kissed tanned skin spoke of a different origin than these parts, but he dressed nicely, like a rich man. Looking back up at him now she was finished putting her things away, "Just what do you need help with, sir? Might I get a name? I'm Davon Knight." Simple, easy introduction.

She mumbled her response. In fact it is was so soft it was barely heard. Good thing he had excellent hearing it would seem. In the same moment she sat up and Malachi started taking note of anything he missed before. As he thought she was short, probably more so than most. 5 foot in not a little less and she was lovely. Although her posture implied she didn’t know it or didn’t care. Mischief danced behind green eyes at her comment, and he noted she didn’t explain further. “Is that so?” he asked as he watched her put her food away. “Sorry to interrupt you meal.” He offered politely.

She failed to stand so he came down to her level. Squatting down next to her he gave her a warm smile. “Well, I’m new to the city and someone told me there was a shop with the very best coffee on the planet near this very park and yet I cannot seem to find it.” He paused letting the half-truth of an explanation sink in before he pressed on. “I was hoping that perhaps you could tell me if such a place truly exists.” He added tilting his head to capture her eyes once more. “It’s most certainly a pleasure to meet you Davon. My name is Malachi Messenger and now that we have been introduced properly I think perhaps you should join me for that coffee should you be able to direct me that is.” He said without hesitation.

"So very proper," Davon giggle-snorted. She had to say it, "Why would someone like you wish to have coffee with me? Don't be sorry, I was getting full anyway. I do know where it is, in any case. I spotted it going to the diner. I'm rather new to this area as well, but my friend showed me a few key places and I've been making sure to walk around ever once in a while since I moved here a week or so ago." She sighed and clutched her box to her before she slipped her feet under her and then rocked her body to give herself momentum to stand upright. A slight tick to her eye was visible as at her full height she barely came above his head. "I should just call you Mr. Giant."

He let out a soft chuckle at the sound she made just then. “My mother taught me to be polite.” he said with a little shrug and she had. He was of course not always so but one hoped this woman would never have to see that side of him. “Someone like me? I’m not sure I know what you mean Davon. Hawaiian? Tall? I got it someone with a beard?” he was teasing her now those green eyes twinkling as he did. “No? Better question. Why wouldn’t someone like me hope he might get lucky enough to have a beautiful woman join him for coffee? “He asked her without blinking.

She said he needn’t be sorry she was full anyway and he shook his head slightly. “If you are certain.” He said noting the container had still looked pretty full to him. Well explained her slender frame. She said she knew where the Coffee shop was and he gave her a little pleased smirk. “You’re new as well? Good to know. Guess I should ask you for more directions.” He teased lightly wondering briefly just what kind of friend she was referring to. “Did you move here for family or work? “He asked lightly as she stood.

At her full height she still only just towered over his kneeling frame. He laughed at her comment. “You could do that if you like but I find myself hoping you will choose to call me Malachi or Mal instead.” He offered as he pulled himself up to his full 6’4” and smiled down at her “Shall we?” he asked.

Davon felt her face was heating up, "All of the above," she answered in a quirky manner before motioning for him to follow her, "I like Mal. You're Hawaiian? It must be freezing compared to home." She gave a sigh,"By 'someone like you' I meant someone who's obviously way more well off than I am. Honestly, it's only because you're lost that you're probably talking to me at all. I'm nothing special."

She shrugged, "I moved here to get away from family, and my friend Mike was kind enough to take me in, and helped me apply to a few places. I got accepted at the Fireside Hotel as a Janitor. Some might call me a maid, though. Whatever, as long as I get paid so I'm not mooching off of Mike I'm fine. Did you come here for work, then? I'd probably be in Heaven if I was in Hawaii, why would I leave such a warm place if not for work?"

The way to the coffee shop was short. Five minutes at best, but soon she found they had both reached for the door at the same time, their hands brushing. Arching a brow at him, she let him get the first door into the little entryway but she jumped to open the second door for him next.

If asked Malachi would have to admit to some small joy in the soft flush that rolled up her neck and colored her cheeks. “Nonsense.” He replied to her answer she clearly didn’t realize how lovely she was. She waved for him to follow and he did just that. “Then Mal it is… I won’t allow you to call me anything else.” He said in firm tone “Indeed I am. It is a bit cool here but I am a bit warm blooded so I deal with it well.” He confirmed.

The sigh from her lips let him know she was going to explain her earlier comment and he let her. Already he knew she had no self-confidence. She made that clear from the start. “Davon wealth is so much more than the things I can buy. You my dear are awash with things money can’t hope to buy and I feel blessed to have come across you like I have.” He said simply because it was true. He leaned close as if about to share a secret. “I happen to think you are something quite special.” He assured in a smooth tone.

“Away from family?” he repeated with a tiny frown. He only had his mother and he didn’t want to be away from her this was not something he could imagine. “I am sorry you have to do that but this Mike is a very lucky man to have you with him” he said testing the waters to see just what kind of friend this Mike was. His brow rose when the word Fireside left her lips, "I have been planning of going there soon in fact." He said wondering if she knew what kind of place it really was since she said it so casually. “I understand that. I like to get paid too.” He teased lightly as they walked toward the coffee shop. ”Yes I came for work.” He agreed.

They covered the distance to the coffee shop quickly despite her short legs. Both reaching for the door hands brushing lightly. There was a brief prickle of electric at the soft brush of her skin on his. Then she pulled her hand back letting him get the door and wave her inside. “After you my dear.” He said with a wide smile as she rushed in the get the other door. He moved past her and winked “Thank you Davon.” He said then waited for her to join him at the counter. “What’s your poison?” he asked.

Feeling unworthy of his compliments, Davon just ducked her head into her shoulders shyly, her face red but she hoped her flowing locks covered it up. Blessed to have met her, huh? His tone of voice made her shiver. It rumbled over her senses pleasantly and she wanted to listen to him talk all day, "I feel more lucky he would be so generous. Mike and I are very much alike in the fact we're lonely and can't find anyone to call a significant other."

She stared at the menu for a time, trying to decide, "The Fireside Mansion is alright so far. I'm slowly getting to know some of my boss' friends and co-workers as they come to visit." Slowly, absently and not even realizing she was doing it, she rubbed her hand where they'd touched. That spark had to be static electricity or something. She pulled out a ten from her jeans pocket before she walked forward to the barista, "Java chip with extra chips, hazelnut and vanilla pumps, two of each, protein powder and a banana."

Malachi just smiled at the sweet way she turned such a delightful shade of red as her turned her face away. It was fun to watch her struggle with the very idea that she was appealing in any way. He shook his head slight and let her have her way for now. In the end he would do as he always did which was think what he wanted no matter what others tossed his way. Even her! As she spoke of her friend Mike a soft smile found his lips. “Well he sounds like a very kind soul to take you in and help you out like he is.” He said simply “Ah yes I too have felt the sting of being alone.” He offered. Malachi was alone because he chose to be of course. There were in fact a few females in his herd that would be his and he knew it. But he did not seek that kind of bond. “I’m sure you will both find some. Perhaps sooner than you think.” He added as they made their way into the coffee shop.

He stood back watching her as her pretty eyes scanned the menu in front of her. “I take it you have not been working there very long.” He said simply, “It’s always nice to know the people you work with. Makes work more pleasant.” He offered as if he knew any such thing. There were in fact actual exterminators that worked from his storefront leaning credence to the validity of it all but those men didn’t know him not really nor would they. “Well I have to meet someone there for work perhaps I will see you there.” He said but this was a half-truth at best. He did have a meeting scheduled there in the future but that was unlikely to be the only thing he did there. Unless something happened to change that of course.

He noted her rub at her hand and he wondered if she had felt that tiny spark as they touched too. He frowned when she pulled the money from her pocket and stepped up his huge hand finding hers. “It’s on me.” He said to the barista “Surprise me.’ He suggested when it was his turn to order. There was after all nothing one could do to ruin coffee in his mind at least. He turned and paid the woman giving Davon a soft smile and a wink “Did you really think I was going to let a lady I invited to coffee pay?” he asked clearly teasing her as they moved to wait for their order.

The barista rolled her eyes and huffed a bit before she put down the order, told them their price, and took his money. After that she walked off to give the others who made the drinks the list.

Davon frowned at him before she walked down the line to watch them make hers, "I'm sorry...I'm really confused, Malachi. Why are you doing this? It's like a fairy tale or some sort of romance movie. Some random guy coming up to me at the park, basically asks me on a date, and is suggesting getting together because we're both lonely. That's what I'm getting from that, anyway. I'm not sure how to react," she looked up at him, "I have to wonder if you're being sweet on me because you want something."

Davon watched the barista and he watched her. There was nothing more attractive than a person that didn't know they were attractive. Davon had that in spades. Even in the dim light of the coffee shop her hair shone in such a way as to make him want to reach out and see if it was as soft as it looked. Green eyes so brilliant his looked dull by comparison. And she had no clue how lovely she really was.

He didn't miss the frown that found her lips as she watched them make her order. Took in her every word and rolled it around in his mind. "Never be sorry for speaking your mind Davon. I truly never intended to confuse you with my actions. And I assure you I am anything but a character from a romance novel." He said shifting slightly and looking down at her. "I was in the park twas truly coincidental that I happened upon you. I never said I was lonely only that I knew what it felt like. That is not to say I would not enjoy more of your company should you choose to grace me with it."he added smiling at her now.

The barista appeared with their orders and Malachi paused to retrieve them handing Davon hers "This is not being sweet my dear. I'm being polite and thanking you for showing me where it was. That being said I must confess there is something I would like from you. Would you please consider allowing me to take you out for an actual date sometime?" He asked then took a long drink of his beverage.

Davon opened and closed her mouth in disbelief, her eyes wide. This man was asking her out. It was like her brain short-circuited and she barely registered the barista gave them their drinks. "It looks like you got a caramel crunch iced drink..." she mumbled as they walked out of the coffee shop. "I'm sorry...I'm just...thinking..." she told him, her frown still evident, "No one's ever...why? Why do you want to date me? Is it because I'm the only one you know here? I'm not going to casually date someone. Dating me means I'll ask questions. Mundane ones, meaningful ones, all to get to know you. You look like the mysterious type who doesn't like that sort of thing but I'm a curious person. Of course, I'd expect the same but my life isn't really that interesting. I'm poor, living off of my rich gay friend. My life has no meaning and I'm living day to day." She was rambling, shifting from foot to foot and staring at her drink in her hands. She felt...scared at the prospect. This was never something she had to deal with and her heart and mind were racing.

The look on her face was priceless on so many levels. She was adorable and he had to try very hard not to laugh. That would no doubt make her feel unpleasant and that was not his goal. Truthfully he wasn’t sure what his goal was at the moment. Odd for him since he always knew what he was doing at all times. He looked at his drink and nodded “So it does.” He agreed as they made their way out of the coffee shop.

Now he did laugh. “Davon at the risk of sounding conceited does it seem like I would have trouble finding dates in a room where I knew no one?” he asked. Women had a habit of throwing themselves at him he knew what he looked like and what kind of appeal that offered to the sex’s male and female alike. “I think you might be over thinking this. I haven’t asked you to marry me just got to dinner and you can ask me anything you like.” He said and she could. Would she get the answers she wants? Maybe, maybe not they would have to find that out over time.

He frowned at the way she described herself and without thinking he reached out and brushed her hair back behind her ear. “I think perhaps you don’t give yourself enough credit.” He said running his fingers along the line of her jaw and smiled. “It just dinner you can even just meet me there and there is no pressure for it to be more than two people trying to decide if there could be more.” He said simply. He wasn’t the settle down and have a family type and if she found out what he was he imagined she might run for the door but this wasn’t a moment that would set their lives in stone it was just dinner. “It’s fine if you don’t want to.” He added finally giving her a warm smile.

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat   Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 12:47 am

"N-Nothing fancy," Davin stammered, her breath hitching at the contact. She felt the need to turn into his inviting, warm, large hand upon her little face, but she didn't, just staring up at him in astonishment, "That's my only condition. I prefer more...cozy, comfortable, casual restaurants." When she processed the rest of his words she responded, "I might not give myself enough credit because of my life up until this point, Mal," she whispered, "Also no, you wouldn't have any issues at all."
Back to top Go down
roz

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat   Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 4:02 am

"Okay then nothing fancy. Whatever the lady would like." he agreed easy enough it wasn't a hard thing to give her if it was in fact what she needed.   He didn't miss the sharp intake of breath as his fingertips brushed hers.  She looked up into his face and he gave her a warm smile.  "I prefer cozy comfy and casual anyway." he offered giving her a little wink.  

He suggested she had more to offer than she gave herself credit for but she insisted on fighting him on the point.  "Well then I will have to see to it that you life changes won't I Davon?" he said in a low whisper of his own then stood tall.  "What now Davon?  Will you walk with me while we drink?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat   Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 11:55 pm

"We can," Davon agreed, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly. That whisper of his, how his voice had been breathy and low...it got her body hot. "Is there...anywhere you'd like to go? Or just...walk?" she gripped her lunch, forgetting she had it, but she tossed it in a nearby bin as they started in some random direction. Fries were never good re-heated anyway. Taking a drink of her frap, she looked up at him, "Do you want me to start the questions now? I really don't have anything else to talk about."
Back to top Go down
roz

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat   Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 12:19 pm

She agreed to walk with him and he found himself quite a bit more pleased with that then he should be. Hmmm something was going on here between he wasn't overly familiar with.  He would have to ride it pit and see where it lead. "No I'm free today so anywhere is fine.  I have all day." He said simply and he really did. "Let's just walk." He added in a soft voice.

He watched her toss the food she'd been about to eat when he came across her and wondered if he was to blame for ruining her lunch.  Guess that meant dinner would have to be that much more special. She asked about questioning him and he shrugged.  She could ask and if he could answer without causing her any danger he would.  "Go ahead I'll tell you what I can." He said honestly.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat   Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 1:44 am

The whole day? Well, this was going to be interesting for sure. "Okay...well..." she sipped at her drink as she thought, "I think I want to know more about Hawaii. Tell me about your home," she requested. That should get him to talk and she could just be quiet and listen to his voice.
Back to top Go down
roz

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat   Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 10:10 pm

He hoped she realized she didn't have to spend the entire day with him if she didn't want. She was free to leave him anytime she wanted and he wouldn't be offended. Still he do not bother to tell her that. He was finding he liked her company and was willing to enjoy it as long as he would let her. Okay he wasn't going her her tone made him. He laughed "I didn't mean you have to spend your entire day with me..." he said looking at her now. "Unless you want to anyway." he added with that same smile.

"Ah okay , I was born on Honolulu. Its beautiful there. I'm not sure words can convey it but I will try. The sky is so blue there, the ocean crystal clear and blue. My mother still lives there, well we both do. but I will be here for an extended stay. Anyway the grass is so green and honestly there is nothing like the feel of warm sand between your toes. " he was going on in a way he normally wouldn't then smiled down at her. "You really must go sometime. I think you would love it." he said gushing or as close as he got to do that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat   Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat Empty

Back to top Go down

Tell Me Your Secrets Roz/VampCat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insanity is our Friend :: Archives :: Supernatural, Avatar, etc...-
Jump to: