Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 10:11 pm

"How about we get Angie out of here, and then we can talk more freely about what's going on? Because if you're here with her, that means we get to leave," Dylan grabbed his gun he had by his side and stood up, stretching, and put away his book, "I already grabbed all of her things from the cell. No one dares come near her. You're welcome, Mrs. Jones. She needed a friend, and I was more than happy to be there for her. She has a doll, Maria. She's been keeping her company."

"A doll? I didn' know that," Slate smiled, and he saw white peeking out, "Hey, Jaybird," he said slowly, "We can go. It's okay," he looked at Lydia and gave her a nod with a smile. Who best to bring Angelina out other than her adopted mom?

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 10:17 pm

"Angelina..." Lydia was about to kneel down when Angelina clambered out of her hiding hole. Lydia's face changed from calm and stoic to completely shocked. Her hair was stark white, and her poor...she pursed her lips together. "I am so sorry, Angelina. For not finding you sooner."

"Didn't want to be found." Angelina shook her head from side to side. "...I couldn't protect Robbie."

It broke Lydia's heart. "Can I...Can I hug you, Angel?" Lydia held her arms out. "Please?"

She watched Lydia for a moment before she walked over to Lydia and hugged her, tight and pressing her nose against her mom's shoulder. Lydia stroked Angelina's hair and took a shuddering breath. "Oh baby girl." She cooed softly. "Robbie wouldn't want you to protect him. It's alright." She closed her eyes and tried to steady her breathing as she pulled away, tucking a strand of hair away from Angelina's face.

"Bucky has things in his cell. Paintings and things." Angelina glanced at Slate. "They're away in the bags too right? Not just my stuff?" She turned to Lydia. "I have to go back to Bucky. He needs me."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 10:37 pm

"We're going to the tower," Slate assured gently, his chest tight at seeing Lydia and Angelina like this. It was the right thing to do. "Everyone's waiting to see you."

"I did grab everything from Buck's cell, even the suncatcher, which was a little difficult since it was so high, but I managed," Wicker added, beaming and walking over, grabbing the box and heaving it up with a grunt, "Let's blow this joint."

~*~

Vision was the one who greeted the four as they entered the Tower, "Welcome, everyone. Slate? Natasha is waiting for you at the bar, she told me to tell you," he looked at Angelina with a tilted head, then at Lydia and Dylan, "Before you go see Mr. Barnes, would you come with me? Kerica has offered to let you use her shower and use some of her clothes until you have a chance to go shopping. Would you not like to get out of that hospital gown?"

"What should I do with this box?" Wicker had to ask, shifting it.

"I'll take it," Wanda came from behind Vision and used her magic with a wave of her hand, lifting the box, "I'll show you were her room is, and then take you to Bucky and Steve. I'm sure they'd like to see how you're doing." She spotted the doll in the box and smiled, twirling the fingers of her other hand and made the blond haired, purple-eyed Maria dance in the air to Angelina, "Wouldn't want to forget your friend."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 10:40 pm

Lydia smiled warmly as Angelina quickly snatched Maria out of the air, but was staring at Wanda with something akin to childish wonder. She gently pushed Angelina towards Vision. "It's wonderful for you to offer. I'm sorry I didn't catch your name. I'm Lydia Jones." Lydia smiled at Vision, offering her and to him.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 10:56 pm

"Vision...just Vision. Mrs. Jones, you may accompany us if you wish. If not, F.R.I.D.A.Y. will take you to the floor Mr. Barnes is on..." He looked at Angelina, "I am certain he will be quite pleased to see you cleaned up and comfortable. Dr. Teresa will be by later to care for your hand as well, I have been told."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 10:59 pm

"I'll get dressed." Angelina hugged the doll close to her and looked at Wanda. "How did you do that thing? Is it only something you can do?"

Lydia smiled warmly and she looked at Vision. "If it's alright, I'd love to meet Sargent Barnes. I don't want him to be taken by surprise or feel like he's being ambushed."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 11:06 pm

"It's my special power. It's what makes me an Avenger," Wanda smiled warmly at Angelina, "We should go upstairs now."

"Alright, then," Vision nodded, and the lot of them moved towards the elevators where there were two side by side. Slate called the one on the right, and jumped inside when it arrived. Wanda and Wicker joined him, and he stepped inside the left one with Lydia and Angelina. He pressed two buttons, and it took quite a while before it stopped, "Mr. Barnes is on this level, and we'll return. Kerica has told me she is looking forward to seeing you again, Angelina. She wants to tell you about the adventure she had with Mr. Barnes arriving here last night."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 11:18 pm

Lydia smiled warmly as she stepped out of the elevator, knowing that Vision could take care of Angelina. The doors closed behind her and she took a breath and walked through the area. It was a beautiful level. Spacious, with wide windows that brought in a lot of sunlight. Captain Rogers must have been waiting for her, for he got off of the couch in a graceful move.

"Captain Rogers."

"Mrs. Jones. Bucky's in the kitchen. Is Angelina with you?" Steve asked, as he politely guided her into the kitchen.

"No. She's going up to Kerica's apartment to get a shower. Vision expressed it might be a good idea to get out of that ugly thing." Lydia only had a moment to collect herself when she saw who it was that "Bucky" was.

James Buchanan Barnes was sitting at the kitchen...longer hair and a scruff. Tortured eyes as well. But she recognized his boyish features from her history textbooks. Her bad-girl teenage heart nearly leaped out of her chest, but she pushed and shoved it down.

This poor man didn't need her complicated fourteen-year-old emotions. "You're a sight for sore eyes." Lydia commented, hoping it'd break the ice somewhat.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 4:32 pm

"I...am?" Buck asked slowly, blinking at the woman. He was so used to people being terrified if him as the Winter Soldier. He stood up and tried not to fidget, "Are you...Angelina's new mother? I have been hearing chatter about you."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 6:25 pm

"Probably just as much chatter as I have heard about you." Lydia smiled. She had a feeling that this poor man, for years hadn't really been on the receiving end of kindness. "Agent Tucker told me that you're the one that's been looking after Angelina. I don't know how long she's been in your care, but...I'm so incredibly thankful for how much you have done...for looking out for her, for taking care of her. I'm sure it wasn't easy...and I'm sure there were days you wanted to give up, but I'm so happy and grateful you didn't." She wasn't just talking about taking care of Angelina. She knew Bucky had went through hell. It was echoed in the darkness of his eyes, just barely learning how to have life in them.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 8:59 pm

"I've known her since September last year, Ma'am," Buck explained, "We traveled together since then. She was quite unassuming at first, but she is clumsy and...I saved her from getting hit by a train. She was attached to me after that. I couldn't just leave her. We have a relationship not many understand, but...we kept each other sane in the darkest times. HYDRA tried to...do a lot of things. All sorts of torture, and I very nearly got us out when I lost myself. They were /forced/ to put me in cryo."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 9:18 pm

Steve's breath caught. He knew that Bucky wasn't just talking about his torture. Angelina had been tortured. He looked away as Lydia brought her hand to her mouth, completely horrified by what Bucky just said. He couldn't imagine what that must be like. To know. Lydia brought her hand down, shaking. "She's been that way before." She admitted, her voice hoarse. "Robbie didn't tell me much...it's all in the journals that went missing four years ago. But he told me that they dehumanized her, made her think her worth was just as much as an animal's...if not lower." She looked away. "To get out of it...and to be brought back in with more kinds of torture...She must have snapped."

The walls talking back and forth. The way that she sang to Pepper, to him...

Zydrate comes in a little glass vial.

All my friends are heathens take it slow...

Steve wasn't going to say anything now. Not to a woman who just had her daughter back.

"That doesn't take away my gratefulness. It doesn't take away anything." Lydia said fiercely. "Hydra can suck it. You survived, James Barnes. So did Angelina and I bet that guts them to the core to know that you two are alive. I hope you understand that the lot of you," She pointed at Steve and Bucky. "Are not only in my debt, but will have to do Christmases with me along with any of your plus ones you might tag along. I'm adding Agent Wicker and Agent Tucker to this invite too. I'll have to remind myself to track them down and tell them."

Steve blinked slowly at Lydia. "Ma'am you know that you don't have to do that..." It was so blindsiding. Winifred would do the same thing. Anyone who did her a favor was immediately awarded with food. Anyone who was friends with her kids were already apart of the family.

"I owe you." Lydia looked at Steve. "For bringing a woman closure, for bringing a family together, and for god's sake you two deserve to have another one. I know the Avengers are one, but sometimes having a second one isn't such a bad idea."

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 10:28 pm

"It would be a lot smaller and more homey than any party Stark will hold here," Buck hummed softly in thought, "I am going to say yes...because the first Christmas is months away and we should be much better by then anyhow. It isn't like you're asking for tomorrow. Angelina will be living with you from now on, yes? Yet she may come here whenever she feels? I believe asking Tony for a number to call when she wants a ride would be beneficial. Better than any cab."

"I was going to ask her what she wanted to do." Lydia looked towards the living room before looking at Bucky. "I'm fine being used as the get-away car, but...she's also an adult, with her own mind and her own plans. I can see that you two are close. She told me before we came here that you needed her."

"I want her to grow," Buck explained, "Stark might even give her her own floor, like he's done with everybody else. This Tower is huge with a lot of unused space. Might even split a floor half and half. I don't know how his mind works," he shrugged, "I've never limited her, merely given her suggestions and made sure she looked at all her options before choosing on a whim. She still does that, but when it's serious she thinks hard about it, which I'm proud of her for. She could always live with you most of the time, and stay here on weekends or something of that sort as well."

Steve grinned, "If Sam was here, he's say that this looks like a healthy way to compromise for a divorce custody thing."

Lydia was so taken aback, she burst into laughter. "I needed that." She wiped her eyes from the small tears that were gathering at the corners. "Oh god. I think we could arrange something once Angelina's told the situation." She smiled gently at Bucky. "I wish you weren't so old. I'd adopt you."

"I feel as though you would adopt everyone here if you had the chance," Buck murmured, a blush dusting his cheeks, "It has been wonderful meeting you. Anyway...would you...like something while we wait for Pixie to bring Angelina down?"

"A sit down, conversation, and a glass of water will suffice for me." Lydia said kindly. "So long as you aren't bored."

Steve smiled as he decided to abandon Bucky to his fate and get the glass of water. If reincarnation was possible, then he was very, very certain that Bucky was talking face to face with his mother. If not, then Winifred must have asked an angel to be Bucky's new mother-figure, for Lydia couldn't be anything better. Regardless, Steve was just happy that Bucky had something more solid to cling to. By god did he deserve every last piece.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 11:29 pm

Kerica hugged the girl the moment she entered her floor, "I'm so glad you made it!" she cooed, and then skipped over to the couch, "I grabbed a little bit of everything... dresses and pants and shirts, I wasn't sure what you'd like for colors, either. Whatever you pick out I'll set in the bathroom and you can take a nice shower. Just use whatever you're used to, bar soap, shower gel, that sort of thing. I hope you don't mind the smell of my shampoo and conditioner."

Angelina walked over to the clothes that Kerica picked out and held some of them up and out. The fabric felt soft and well worn on her fingers. "I want to wear a dress." Angelina said slowly as she started picking through the clothes to find some of the dresses that Kerica had found. "Not pink. Too girly. Not  girly. Not black either, no stealth mission. Oh this is a pretty blue." She held up a summer dress that was a light sky blue. "...Kerica..." She looked at the girl curiously. "Did I hurt Bucky's feelings when I let him go? I didn't mean to hurt his feelings. I got to say I'm sorry, I know that. But I'm scared. What if he wants to say "goodbye" to me?"

"Hmm?" Kerica looked at her with owl eyes, then shook her head quickly, "Not in the way you think. He was upset because he had to leave you behind. A.J. he just wants the best for you. He was /so/ happy to hear you got out and Slate found your adopted mom. He's looking forward to seeing you, I know that. You guys are going to talk through it, but he won't say goodbye. Goodbye as in 'see you tomorrow' but not forever. Never forever. He cares about you way too much."

Angelina nodded, holding the dress close, but not going towards the restroom to turn on the shower. "Good." She said, but her voice wavered. "I don't want to say goodbye, not even for a tomorrow." She thought about it, "Slate told me that he was my brother. That my name's Jayden."

"I was told that. I think...Slate didn't want to give Lydia another heartbreak, in that regard, so he didn't tell her. He wants you to enjoy your life in the now, I think, not in the past. You could always be Angelina Jayden Jones? That sounds really cool," Kerica asked, showing her where the showers were and placed the blue flowing dress on the counter so it'd be easy to access once she got out.

Angelina wasn't certain. She turned on the water and felt the temperature before finding a good one. She heard the door close behind her and she frowned deeply as she took off her clothes and hopped into the shower. "Embry....what do I do now?" /Well, what do you want to do?/ She closed her eyes and leaned against the side. "Am I Angelina or am I Jayden? It's a problem. Slate said that I was his sister and that he was gonna protect me again. How is this protecting? Is he saying goodbye to me or is he trying to...I don't know what goes on in his head." /I don't either./ Angelina pouted. "I'm gonna take a shower, and then I'm gonna talk to Bucky about all of this." /You do that/.  "You are no help Dante."

~*~

Lydia and Bucky were having a nice conversation when the door for the elevator dinged on Steve's floor and he looked up from his spot on the couch. The door swished open and he barely recognized the young woman who stepped out. Of course it was Angelina, her white hair and vivid green eyes gave it away, but she looked beautiful in that light blue and he smiled at Kerica warmly when she walked down the hall towards them, nudging the shy Angelina forward, "You're right, she does look cute with shorter hair." He knelt down on a knee and motioned for his Companion, "It's all okay now, it's safe," he promised her, opening his arms for her.

Angelina watched Bucky kneel. He only /ever/ got on his knees if she terrified and cowering. She felt her lower lip tremble and she suddenly ran, nearly pitching herself head first into the floor, but she caught herself before she fell into his arms, hugging him tightly and hard. Steve felt his heart break all over again, remembering that the last time they touched was in the doctor's office. So long ago it felt like.

"It's okay, baby girl," Buck soothed, stroking her hair, marveling at how soft and clean it was. Sure they got showers before, but Kerica had good hair products, and whatever stylist she grabbed did a good job as well, "You're so pretty, just like a doll. Speaking of, did you bring Maria with you? I heard about her, but I don't think I've gotten to meet her," he pulled away, toying with her bangs and poking her nose.

"I did." Angelina smiled brightly as her nose was poked. It made her heart clench, but she was going to savor this. "Here," She carefully stepped back so she wouldn't smack Bucky in the face with the doll that she was carrying in her hand. The doll was dressed in jeans and a splattered-paint shirt. "This is Maria. She was my company during the cell." She placed the doll in Bucky's hands, knowing that Bucky wouldn't hurt her. "Pepper was really nice in giving me her. I know she was expensive, but Pepper didn't want me to be alone. So she gave me a friend. I missed /you/ though. Dolls can't touch back."

Steve took a breath in and out. This was the most he ever heard her speak. Her singing voice had been beautiful, but he didn't realize the childishness of her real voice. He looked over at Lydia who curiously stood up, but kept her distance politely. "May I see?" Lydia questioned, her hand that was resting on the table tightly curled into a fist.

"No, dolls can't touch back, you're right," Buck looked the doll over a bit more and then looked at Lydia, back at Angelina, and gingerly offered Maria to her. When Lydia took her, he brought Angelina back for another hug, "I missed you so much, baby. C'mon, let's sit on the couch, hmm? Stevie's got nice furniture," he smiled and pulled away, standing and taking her hand in his.

Kerica watched them take a seat where Buck'd been before, and he kept her so very close, coaxing her to lay her head on his chest, "He looks like a half ton weight was lifted off his shoulders," she murmured to Steve.

Lydia took the doll and smiled warmly and looked at Bucky and Angelina. Steve watched Lydia for a moment before turning to Kerica. "I hate to say this, but I don't think Angelina should leave Buck." He whispered softly, pressing his body close to Kerica's side, but not too much. "But at the same time, I know how much she means to Lydia. Is Angelina having the same debate?"

"She's very worried Bucky's going to say goodbye. She doesn't even want to say 'goodbye, see you tomorrow'. She's downright /terrified/ that he's going to leave her. I think...she has that left over from Slate, because he left for boot camp, she got taken, then Robbie saved her and then he left her, too," Kerica frowned, folding her arms and shifting her weight to the leg closest to him, keeping her voice low since Buck's hearing was no doubt as good as Steve's.

Steve nodded as he watched the scene. He was careful not to make it look like they were trying to overstep a moment as well. Angelina was happily curled up against Bucky’s chest, feeling him run his fingers through her hair. They didn’t need to talk or say anything right now, because this was more than enough. Being held and being loved on. Angelina could tell that Bucky was gathering up courage though. He was savoring just as she was trying to hold on to it too. He was relieved. Relieved that she still considered him safe, that he wasn’t terrifying to her. That she trusted him with all her heart and soul. It scared him, it always scared him. Some tiny part of him was always wondering if he was fucking up or if he was doing okay. Sometimes, if she listened real well, she could hear him wonder if this was what raising a kid felt like. The constant fear, the happy memories, the agony.

Angelina struggled to focus on his thoughts, because Lydia’s were just as loud. The wonder, the anxiety. She held on to him tightly as Lydia wondered what was the “right” thing to do. “You’re all thinking hard.” She murmured after a moment. “You’re still safe with me, Buck.” She promised. “Always.”

"We're...thinking hard?" Kerica piped up, taken by surprise as was Steve and Lydia.

Buck's arm tightened protectively around Angelina by reflex, looking at Steve with panic flashing in his eyes. He tried to relax, though. These were good people. Steve was safe...Kerica was safe, too. Lydia was the odd one here.

Steve blinked for a moment and then took a sharp breath in. Oh. No fucking wonder.

Lydia smiled, though she was tight around the eyes. “I guess we are, sweetheart. We’re all thinking so hard, you can almost hear it can’t you?” She sighed after a moment. “I guess we’re just…trying to figure out how we’re supposed to communicate. How we’re supposed to bring up a topic, or maybe just find something at all to say.”

“Talking can be really hard. That’s why I talk for Bucky a lot.” Angelina said, squeezing him back just as protectively. “For and to. I deal with the people. He deals with the spaces.”

"That's funny, since it's sounded a lot of the other way around," Kerica was glad Lydia was oblivious. She and Steve knew better. It had been all over Bucky's face in that flash of a second, and they were in a madhouse full of strange beings, on top of it. She could play along. "Buck did a lot of the talking for you in the headquarters. I'm glad to hear you talking a lot more, now, though. I did tell Bucky that you have a pretty voice."

"Because if I didn't talk, they can't get anything out of Bucky." Angelina replied solemnly. "If I don't talk and don't make trouble, they don't torture him as badly."

Steve counted to five as he breathed to make sure he didn't just go down and try to find the nearest HYDRA facility to burn it to a crisp.

Kerica didn't have to /be/ a mind-reader like Angelina to /feel/ that scathing fiery aura coming off of the blond beside her and she reached up, gripping his forearm since his arms were crossed and looked at Angelina. "Well, you're out of the hands of both, now. So, why don't we talk about future plans instead of the past, huh?"

"Lydia and I were discussing who you would spend most of your time with," Buck explained slowly, "Lydia will need to file you under her address at the least when she does the paperwork to make you her daughter legally, and the FBI will be pleased to have a cold case closed. It is completely up to you where you stay, at least most of the time."

Angelina frowned. It was a tough call. Lydia needed her and so did Bucky. “What do you want?” She asked Bucky after a moment, looking at him squarely. "Do you want me around more or less?"

"I want you to be able to walk around this city and not have to worry about everybody wondering what's going on upstairs," Buck sighed deeply, "Lydia wouldn't take you from me, but I don't want to take you from her, either. We can share you, you know. You can /be/ who you want to be, too," he added, "For now, let's have you stay here, get readjusted, and we can go visit Lydia together unless she needs you for something? I've been trying to think of all of the options to list for you, but nothing's really feeling right. This option sounds good to me."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 1:03 am

“I agree.” Lydia said softly, making Angelina look at her. “Honey, you have done so /well/. You deserve so much.” She set the doll down, carefully making it sit on the coffee table, letting the doll’s gaze look at Angelina. She watched the doll for a moment before turning to Angelina, who was looking up at her. “You’re an adult too, sweetheart. You have needs and wants, just like we do. I want you home with me, but I want you happy and healthy. I want you loved and cared for. I want you be surrounded by people who can support you. I have a feeling, that these are the people who can do that.”

Angelina looked skeptical, or maybe it was something else. Lydia recalled that Bucky warned her about split personalities. “I swear to you Angel. I’m not going to walk away from you. Visit me whenever you want. Weekends? Have a Sunday dinner or a sunday get together? We’ll make it a routine, and as you get acquainted with me and the area, maybe you’ll begin to make a decision to come home more. Or maybe this is your home. I don’t know anymore than you do.”

Her throat tightened and she felt tears on her face. Angelina swallowed thickly as she got up from Bucky’s chest and gestured for Lydia to hug her. The two of them squeezed each other and Angelina took a shuddering breath. “I have Robbie’s notebooks.”

Lydia froze and they pulled away. “His…journals? From four years ago?”

“Kept them safe in my backpack.” Angelina nodded sadly. “If it got into the wrong hands, things could go wrong. He always told me that. They belong to you really. They can’t belong to me because they’re about me. About the Cage and what happened inside. The case is dead and cold…they’ll want the notebooks. I can keep the notebooks safe for you, but you should read them.”

“Are the notebooks going to put you in danger?” Lydia demanded.

“I’m more dangerous.” Angelina grinned, sharp. “They can’t get us. But they can get you.” Her grin fell off instantly. “They’ll try to get you.”

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 4:53 pm

"She'd be under the FBI protection again once they know about you, and the Avengers will have her under surveillance as well," Kerica assured, Tony could probably even tap whatever cameras S.H.I.E.L.D. and the FBI put up, anyway."

"Keri-kitty there has a point," Buck smiled and patted Angelina's head, "You have so many people lookin' out for you. That makes me happy. Either way, you're not leaving me, I promise."

"It makes me happy too." Lydia assured as she gently squeezed Angelina's wrists. "How about you let me take care of the notebooks." At Angelina's horror, she held her hand up. "You're fierce, Angel. But I'm scarier." At her dubious look, she smiled warmly. "Besides, it's my duty to make sure no danger follows you. Robbie wouldn't want that, and I'm certain the less danger you have at your back, the happier James'll be too." She let Angelina's wrists go. "But that's up to you sweetheart, I'm just offering. So to visit, I'm thinking a Sunday dinner. You, James, and whoever you want to invite to make it a less uncomfortable for yourselves. You can give me advice on how to do up your room. Right now, it's just a guest room. But you'll want to personalize it I'm sure." She looked at Bucky only for a moment before she said in a soft voice. "I'm just really happy that you and James are here. Alive as much as you can be. Take your time adjusting...and when you're ready to see me, just call. I'll give both James and Captain Rogers my phone number as well, just in case." She stood up. "I suppose I loitered enough. I have to express my thanks to Agent Tucker and Agent Wicker before they run off to god's know where and I'll have to track them. And tell them they're to come for Christmas as well."

"Hope to see you again soon," Kerica grinned at Lydia, stepping aside so she could get to the hallway, "It was wonderful meeting you and I'm glad we could get things sorted out, for the most part."

"I concur," Buck agreed, waving at Lydia, "We'll be sure to drop by when we're able. A home cooked meal sounds wonderful," he told her sincerely.

Lydia smiled warmly. "It'll be good to cook for people again." She said as she waved. "Love you Angelina. See you soon!" She stepped back into the elevator and allowed the doors to close.

Angelina hummed as she fell back into the couch. "You're right. Steve /does/ have nice furniture."

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 10:32 pm

Practically bounding through the hall, extremely happy, Slate reached the room with the bar and he had in his hand Nat's favorite. He'd grabbed it on his way to find Lydia. Spotting the Russian redhead, his grin split his face and he headed over to her, "Hey there, Darlin'! I got a present fer ya fer yer help!" he chirped and plopped the bottle down on the counter in front of her.

"Oh you brought me the good stuff." Natasha smiled as she took the bottle and looked at the brand. "I should be doing you more favors if you're going to give me this." She gave him a look. "You look really happy. Is Lydia going to adopt Angelina after all?"

"She sure is!" Slate nodded, "I'm glad ya like my present. The name led me ta a lot of things. Mrs. Jones has some cute animals, Duke 'n' Duchess, a Great Dane an' a Siamese cat. The house is pretty big, an' I think if Jaybird stays over even one night, it'd help with de loneliness I felt in de house..." he went behind the bar and got out some glasses, pouring her a straight shot of vodka and then found himself the scotch, "I didn't tell 'er Angelina was mah sister."
Arjei Lynne (esu.is.a.werewolf@gmail.com)
"Does Angelina know?" Natasha carefully swirled the vodka before slamming it back and pouring herself another shot. "That you didn't tell Lydia about her being your flesh and blood?"

"Yeah, she's a smart kid," Slate nodded, "We haven't 'ad a chance ta discuss it, so she's probably confused. I also didn' want ta jeopardize anythin'. Lydia would've tried ta give 'er ta me, I'm sure."

Natasha nodded, "Probably a good move." She said slowly. "She's not exactly your sister that you remember from a long time ago. Painless for certain to give her to someone who has some idea of what's going on. I think you made the right choice. Though I'm certain you're still wondering if it was."

"A bit. I'm still goin' ta treat 'er like a sister, like I promised. I lost 'er once, I'm goin' ta make up fer it," Slate agreed and knocked his second glass back, "I won't dwell on it, too much. She needs my action, not my self-pity 'n' wallowing. I did dat a long time ago. I'm just happy she's 'ere 'n' alive." He eyed her curiously, "What do ya think of 'er so far? Ya haven't spoken ta 'er yet, but you've talked ta Bucky, Kerica 'n' Steve."

"From what I gathered about her, just by listening to them talk about her, is that she's Bucky's weakness and crutch." Natasha wasn't about to mince words. She poured herself another shot. "It's a no wonder why Hydra captured them both. It's the perfect prisoner's dilemma. Is she really being tortured, if so what I can do to fix it? Is she speaking? So on and so forth. Instead of doubting each other, they were insecure. To be honest....I think Hydra didn't hold up their promises. I think they both were tortured regardless if they did something right or wrong. As for her personally? I don't know. I only spoke to them on how to get her out...and little about her. I know that Angelina was captured before she was in Hydra's care. She mentioned the Cage a few times...which leaves me to suspect that she was used as...well...entertainment."

"My thoughts exactly," Slate agreed, pouring a fourth but let it sit, waiting for the first three to kick in. He was already starting to feel warm in his core, and he put his chin in his hand, "I'm so goddamn proud of 'er, though, no matter what's happened. I feel like Steve in dat regard towards Buck. My /sister/, whom everyone thought was dead, defied all odds an' came so far an' is still perseverin'."

Natasha smiled gently, "I don't think she'll be used to being sung praises, but I'm sure you'll find a way. You know what would be a good idea?" she grinned her best smile. "You giving her a welcome home present. Something...practical. I know Tony's all over thinking of building another level, just for her and Bucky, but..." She shrugged. "Tony will do anything for attention. You on the other hand would mean something."

"Maybe...a blanket...one of those super soft fleece ones," Slate said after a moment of thought, "It'll be interesting ta find out if she still likes some of de same things she used to, or not. It'll be good fer me, too, so I can adapt 'n' get 'er things she /does/ like. I'll play teh guessing game, since I don't think she knows what she likes anymore dan I do. I saw a two pack at de store last, a solid color ta compliment teh pattern it went with. I'll at least ask 'er what she likes fer color an' go from there."

Natasha hummed. "You should take her out and about." She smiled. "Prospect Park, the mall, she's probably going to need a bunch of clothes and whose better to take her shopping than her big brother? Of course Bucky might go with, but..." She shrugged and let her sentence trail off. "I never thought I'd see the day where the Winter Soldier would be brought down by a little girl. Of course, I know that little girls are his weaknesses. He loves children. Angelina's a far cry from one...and at the same time she's not that far at all."

"That must've been hard, since HYDRA wanted him ta literally be cold as ice, name 'n' all, an' he's warmed by kids," Slate shook his head, "A shopping trip...Buck'll need clothes, too, so Steve might accompany him with that. Kerica enjoys shopping a bit more dan she should, might as well bring 'er along. She might even be thinkin' of a trip anyway. She did offer Jaybird clothes of hers, after all. We'll all end up splitting up, so it's not dat big of a deal. Prospect Park, though...dat might be a sweet place ta bring her. Out in teh open, quiet, lots of green."

"You should also find out if she plays board games." Natasha smiled. "See if she can't kick your ass. Or card games. Anything really." She took another shot of Vodka before putting the glass aside. "You look a lot less lost now. That's good."

"This was a good mini-date, Darlin'. Keep teh bottle. It probably won't last long if it stays 'ere," Slate knocked back the fourth shot he'd been hanging on to, took a fifth, and corked the bottle, putting it away and hummed as the warmth spread through him, "I'll see ya 'round?"

"You owe me a real date, Tucker." Natasha smiled as she took the bottle and slid out of the booth. "But yeah, you'll see me around." She winked at him before she walked off.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 12:56 am

"Bucky! I think you'd look good in that!" Kerica pointed at a a pair of skinny jeans, the rack full of at least three shades of blue and a black.

Buck blanched, immediately thinking of the balls and how they'd be absolutely suffocated. At least his stealth suit had more room than that. "Why on /earth/ do you think that?"

"Come on! Try them!" Kerica waved her arms and went over, shifting through the darkest blue, "A nice deep red t-shirt might look good with these, too."

"She's going to try and kill me with clothes," Buck commented to Steve.

"I don't know Buck. You don't wear tightie-whities so it shouldn't be too bad." Steve said looking at the skinny jeans. "As long as you wear boxers or go commando you should be alright."

"Dude, I don't like them hanging around in the wind in boxers unless I'm lounging, and there's no way I'm going to risk getting my junk or pubes caught in the goddamn zipper," Buck was appalled, "Boxer-briefs are way more practical. Best of both worlds. You don't get the stupid chafing in the crease of your pelvis, either, from briefs."

"Then I don't see the problem with skinny jeans. All it's going to do is make your thighs look bigger and maybe squeeze your ass in a way that anyone whose attracted to you will look over." Steve turned towards Angelina who was browsing through the shirts. "Angelina, should Bucky wear skinny jeans?"

"As long as his thighs don't rip the fabric and it's not too tight." Angelina answered back. "His choice otherwise."

"You're outnumbered!" Kerica shoved three different sizes into Buck's chest, "Let's see what size you are, at /least/!"

Buck grumbled as he took them, "I'll try them on. I demand regular jeans at least, though. My entire stock of clothes will not just be these things."

"Of course not! That's not healthy. Skinny jeans are more of a statement, anyhow," Kerica beamed, and watched Bucky head towards the changing rooms, "A.J! Whatcha got there?!" she asked, hopping over next.

Angelina was frowning at a few of the shirts. Slate had called her A.J too. She wasn't sure how the name made her feel. It was...a nice name. A.J and J.J. "Jay" was in there so "Jaybird" could stick like butter. "I don't know." She said as she pulled out one of the shirts that she was looking at. It was a black shirt that said BOMB TECHNICIAN. IF YOU SEE ME RUNNING TRY TO KEEP UP. In bold white letters. She set the shirt aside and blinked. There was a shirt that had..."Kerica look!" She immediately pulled out a very light blue shirt. On it was chibi Captain Americas that surrounded his shield that said Greatest Solider in History.

"OH MY GOSH!" Kerica hopped up and down as she grabbed it, "It's so adorable! Steve!" She turned the shirt around for him to see, "Mini you!"

Steve raised an eyebrow up high as he ambled over towards the girls to see the shirt better. "What on earth?"

"They're called chibis." Angelina explained. "It looks like they designed one for each era."

"I...did not have that many eras to surround a circle." Steve frowned. "How do they know all the costume changes? From the internet and T.V? Someone's real detailed on knowing all of those."
"Better to be obsessed with you than Bucky." Angelina said solemnly. "He won't do well with fans."
"Oh yeah?" Steve glanced at her. "I think a chibi Bucky would be both horrifying and adorable."
"Chibi Bucky is like handling a baby snake. Terrifying cute." Angelina agreed.

"After Pepper made that announcement, we /might/ be seeing more of chibi Bucky on the interwebs," Kerica giggled madly, draping the shirt over her arm. She was /buying it/ damn it. "Buck is certainly going to have fans. He might even have a costume by Halloween! I'd wear a Bucky costume almost as fast as I'd wear a Scarlet Witch one. Aw, Steve, do you remember that? Wanda was so shy and happy to see little kids dressed as her."

"She handled it better than Sam." Steve grinned. "Sam nearly dumped the whole entire candy bowl into one of the Falcon's bucket because they managed to include retractable wings. Tony was a little jealous. But man, have you seen the cosplayers lately? I saw an awesome one of Clint and Natasha on the internet. Swore it looked just like them. Even Natasha was impressed. Clint wanted the dude's phone number to see if he could actually shoot that arrow and bow. Apparently the kid made that bow himself. Must've took forever."

"I believe it. We'll see what comes. It's only been a few days," Kerica nodded and looked over as she heard the fitting room doors open and Bucky stepped out, a bright red blush on his face. If he had his hair pulled back she was certain his ears would be red, too. "Hot /damn/," she muttered, jaw dropping.

"It took so long since this is the only one that would actually fit," Bucky mumbled, turning around for them so they could see all of it, sticking his thumbs in the pockets, looking away shyly.

"You look good Buck." Steve grinned bright. "Kerica hasn't steered people wrong on pants yet."

"I'd like to see /you/ in skinny jeans..." Buck said under his breath, then cleared his throat, "I guess these are a keeper. Is this the biggest size? I get they're supposed to be this way, but I just...want to make sure I don't rip them."

"There's only /one/ size up, you /do/ have monster thighs," Kerica agreed with a million watt smile, "Hey Buck, look what Angelina found!" She held up the chibi Steve shirt.

"Why are there more Steves than there should be?" Buck blinked dumbly at the article of clothing, "There are too many eras and uniforms."

"That's what Steve said!" Kerica laughed.

"They noticed every bit of change in uniform that S.H.I.E.L.D puts on me." Steve made a face. "Someone's got a good eye. I barely notice the changes unless it affects me somehow someway."

"I hated the one you wore with the aliens. It looked too much like your show biz self," Buck agreed, then disappeared back into the fitting room. Once in more comfortable, breathable clothing - he was going to have to get used to those - he grabbed the next size up in the jeans and put them over his arm, "Let's keep looking. Angelina, have you found anything for yourself yet?"

"Not yet." Angelina replied cheerfully as she bounced away from the rack of shirts and pressed closely against him. "I don't know what I want to wear."

"We aren't in a rush, and there's plenty of stores," Buck assured, placing his hand on her head affectionately, eyes soft, "I hope Slate's found what he's after, too. He sounded really determined to get it for you, whatever it was. Let's go pay for what we got here and move along."

"Slate's weird, I don't know what to do about him." Angelina sighed deeply. "Where we do we go after this? Another store?"

"We'll try the store across from us, or something that'll strike your fancy this time, Angelina." Steve assured. "We'll alternate. Something for Bucky, something for you. It's nice to explore interests and things. If we need to split up, I'll be happy to go with you, or I can just toss Kerica on you. But why do you say Slate's weird?"

"Cuz he's weird." Angelina rubbed her forehead. "I don't know what he's thinking so he's always changing his mind on me." She let go of her forehead. "Bucky should do his shopping first." She said determinedly. "If I find something in his store, it's one less stop to make."

Steve should have known that Angelina wasn't going to split from Bucky's side so soon. "Good point."

"If you want to go in any store, just let me know. There's more than just clothing shops, and Lydia did want you to find things you wanted to decorate your room with," Buck said as they headed for the cashier. They fidgeted, and he tried to be as polite as possible and not frown or fidget as well. He was /good/ at putting on a mask, after all, but once he was done and he moved away so Kerica could pay for her mini Steve shirt, he worried at his bottom lip, keeping his head low out of habit. After Pepper's announcement, he'd noticed and heard a lot of people murmuring behind their backs and it put him on edge when they were in a bigger crowd. at least this store was pretty calm. Leaving it, he looked around, trying to find a spot for their next destination.

"We should learn how to become invisible." Angelina chatted to Bucky immediately. "I want to be able to walk through walls. I think it'll be interesting to learn what /makes/ a wall, a wall. I know that a wall has frames and has plaster, but what if someone's stuck in there and can't get out? Like a spirit or something? It'll be awful to leave them there. I bet it's more cramped than a pregnant rollerskate."

Buck nodded, "Definitely. I wouldn't want to be stuck in a wall. I've had to squeeze in tight alleyways before. Not fun, so I could equate it at least." He agreed, though it was more absent. They wandered through the main halls and he saw a tea shop on the corner of a turn about, and he ducked into it, "Youthberry?" he hummed mostly to himself.

Angelina wandered in and looked over to see that there were a bunch of small samples that were lying around in different tea-kettles. A demo of tea, and a demo of how well the tea-kettles worked with what heat. The two that were close by the door didn't have any of that, just a two big jugs with a sprout. She picked up a small plastic cup from the pile and poured a orange one in. She took a sip, enjoying the chill. "Oh. I like this. Samurai Oolong." She read on the plaque. "Youthberry must be a hot one. It has a nice scent. Oh /look/! Bucky cast iron kettles! With /monkeys/."

"There's one with dragons," Bucky pointed after trying the youthberry. That was pretty delicious, actually. He tried the one she had, and made a horrified face, having to drink more youthberry to chase it away, "Ew, Angelina. You can have that oolong all to yourself."

Angelina burst into laughter and she tried the youthberry. She hummed happily and Steve watched as his best friend and Angelina wandered throughout the store, trying out the samples. Some made both of their noses wrinkle, and some made them look at each other, as if talking to one another about the type of tea. When a young girl walked over to them to offer her help, /both/ Bucky and Angelina start launching in a conversation that...well...Steve was pretty certain only Bruce Banner would be able to follow along. "I never knew Bucky was going to be a tea connoisseur." Steve mused to Kerica. "Something you have in common with him."

"Sounds like. I'd join, but I've had plenty of conversations with these guys about tea. I keep saying you can steep tea in a microwave if you're in a hurry for about three minutes and then leave it to cool for five and they're always so skeptical. They also get offended when I talk about adagio and demand to know the site," Kerica ranted a bit.

Steve smiled. "Well, some people consider tea an art. Some consider it a drink. I think you and I consider it a drink more than an art." He watched Angelina walk around the store again, sampling once more, but this time, he noticed her gait was different. Hm. She came back around to Bucky and the woman and she was back to normal again. The conversation didn't last long as once the woman left, Bucky and Angelina were in a deep discussion.

"Kerica, how many sets are almost always here?" Buck called over his shoulder to the other brunette.

"Um..." Kerica glanced around, "Most of them, actually. They're pretty spendy so it's not unless it's around Christmas that they change at all. I don't even have set."

Buck nodded and went back to talking to Angelina before they turned around and headed back to them, "We'll have to come back soon. Today is a clothing day, we can come shop other things another time."

"It's nice to look and plan, however," Kerica agreed, "Window shopping isn't always useless."

Steve's eyes crinkled when Bucky came back. "Am I going to be invited to these random tea parties?"

"You should be." Angelina frowned. "Do you /like/ tea?"
"Not the way you two go on about it." Steve shook his head.
She clapped her hands together happily. "A /mission/!"

"This is definitely a mission I can get behind," Kerica was highly amused, "When we get back to the tower I can let you guys borrow my teas to try."

"I'd like that, and Steve, I'm offended you'd think otherwise," Buck placed his hand over his chest and looked really off-put before smiling back at him, "Let's contin-"

"Jaybird! Steve, Kerica!" Slate called, waving as he held a big bag in his hand and he panted a bit when he reached them, "I saw Steve's glorious golden hair from all de way down there," he pointed to the direction he'd come from with a laugh. He shoved the bag towards Jayden with a wide smile, "Look at it! Just fer you!"

Angelina blinked as she took the bag and stared at Slate, trying to see if she could do it. But all he did was let his smile falter and she made a face. Nope. Couldn't do it. She peeked into the bag and blinked. She took out a big light blue fleece blanket that had a white heart in the middle of it. Inside the heart was red lines that were designed as a computer chip. "It's soft..." She gasped as she ran her fingers through it. She shoved it at Bucky. "Feel that!"

Bucky did, marveling a bit at it, "It feels like the fur tufts on cat or dog ears. This fleece blanket is amazing," he complimented, "The pattern's cute, too."

Slate was relieved and he leaned down, hugging his sister, "I'm happy ya like it! There weren't very many left of dat pattern."

"You're weird but I like you anyway." Angelina hugged him back. His hugs were different from Bucky's. Bucky's were all warm and protective. Slate hugged in a way that lingered. It was excitable at first, but he relaxed just enough to let Angelina feel the shift. When he pulled away from her, she only had /a second/ to see the complication emotions in his eyes before they were shoved back and they danced in mirth and mischief. "It's a nice blanket. I like fleece. I don't get these luxuries often. We have to share body heat a lot and I get cold way too easy."

"It's good I'm able ta help ya out with that," Slate nodded and looked at them, "What was our next destination?"

"Hot Topic might be fun, or Spensers," Kerica chirped.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 10:15 pm

Angelina hummed. "Hot Topic sounds like fun. Let's go in there."

"Hot Topic it is!" Kerica chirped and they headed off in that direction.

They spent a while looking around, when Kerica piped up to Angelina, "I wonder what sort of things Wicker would like in this place. He did get you into several manga. I feel like he's a huge nerd."

"He needs a new lanyard." Angelina mused. "Or a keychain." She browsed around, some of the shirts she was fascinated by, but what /really/ caught her attention was the pants. There were loose and hid her legs. There were also pants that had studs in them with holes, only they looked like they'd plaster to her legs much like skinny jeans. There were also pants that had a bunch of pockets and chains hanging off of them too. "Which ones?" She whispered to herself. "Try all of them on?" She tilted her head. "I don't like the green." She hissed as she started digging through the loose pants. She liked how it had a bunch of pockets. Just like the black jeans with chains. "Purple's just as ugly." She frowned. "Oh /red/." She pulled it out and checked the sizing. "I should get one smaller and one bigger. I don't know the waist." She frowned. "It's not like boys pants where it's all measured out for you. Girls have to /guess/. I know it's tragic."

"Talkin' to Dante are you?" Kerica asked curiously as she was looking at the kitty leggings, a Sailor Moon shirt over her arm.

"Sometimes." Angelina said as she pulled out the different sizes of red pants. "Where's the fitting rooms? I want to try these." She showed them to Kerica. "Then I want to try those stud ones that are skinny, and then those black with chains. I like the chains. You could hit someone with them." Someone who was overhearing the conversation burst into laughter as they scurried away. Angelina wondered what the joke was. She wasn't aware she made one.

Kerica giggled a bit and nodded to her, "Let's have you try on a few sizes first, then I can grab what you like in the one that fits. The dressing room is pretty big, which is nice, so if you don't mind it I can go in with you so you don't have to do a show."

Angelina thought for a moment. Bucky and Steve were walking around the store too. Bucky had just put a beanie on Steve's head and was grinning proudly while Steve just look put off. She believed the joke was Steve was the modern day hipster...whatever that could be. She doubted Bucky cared much so long as she enjoyed the style. "Okay." She said after a moment. "But you have to be honest."

"Of course, girl. Nat tells me that's by biggest downside to being a spy, I've got no tact. So she's mainly taught me her moves and tricks. There's no way I'd be able to do her job, though, for real. That's okay, though," she grabbed an associate on the floor who could unlock the door and they went to the back corner, "Okay, you go in first and find your size, and then I'll join you once I grab you more stuff. You can have up to six items, like most stores."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP   How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

How To Mend A Broken Soul-Avengers RP
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5