Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynx-Tiger

Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:20 pm

"I'll come with you. I'm bored and I know too well that I'd just sleep in the jeep. Goku can entertain himself or use Hakkai." Gojyou said, motioning for her to lead the way. "The festival's still on going too, so we might find something interesting happening there."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:36 pm

"I don't want to catch any lingering festivities." Ran shook her head, "We can go around to the back of the Inn. Find a clear spot. I don't...do well on a bed. I sleep on the ground a lot of the time, unless it's one of those rock solid beds. Some Inns have those. I usually carry a tent when I travel so I'm fine if it starts to rain or anything. Also, fire element, so snow doesn't bother me." She shrugged, and held onto the water as they left the Inn and found a decent, clear spot with not too much noise from the festival. It was actually rather peaceful as more and more people went home.

Ran set the glass on a rock and fell back onto the grass, looking at the stars above as Gojyou made himself comfortable beside her. "Do you think it's silly? For me to complain about the stars?"
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:48 pm

"I think it depends on what you're complaining about." Gojyou said, stretching himself out and putting his hands behind his head. He looked up at the stars, that were shining down brightly. "I'm not really one you should be asking the deep spiritual questions to. That's Sanzo who'll understand more what you're talking about. Or Riko. I wouldn't see the point in complaining about something that didn't do anything to me. They're high up there."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 9:34 pm

"The stars...look like they have friends." Ran murmured, her brows slightly furrowed and a sad expression on her face. "When I met Riko, I had been complaining about the stars in my head. As the Goddess of Divine Hearing, she heard me, because I guess my wish for friends was in my heart as well. I was hesitant to make any ties or connections. Always moving. Never see the same people again. That sort of thing." She swallowed. "We were having a party and Kenren laughed and was so confused why I'd be complaining about the stars, of all the things. I felt stupid for my reason, so I just told him I'd tell him some other time, and that Riko had fixed it anyway so it didn't matter. Really, it was him. Riko collected me, I had fun with the three of them, but he was the first tie I made a solid decision to make."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Gojyou nodded, "I can understand loneliness and the pain. I feel for your lover though. I guess he wasn't all that observant, though maybe he thought since everything was fine, there wasn't a need to worry about it. Who knows. I certainly can't say for sure. But what about now?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 9:53 pm

"I made my ties with Riko and Mai and even Kaede in my own way over time. You're right, too. He really just let things come and go and wasn't too worried about me. We really didn't spend all that much time together, but when he died I still fell apart. I still feel lonely and lost. You can tell. Everyone can tell." She licked her lips and frowned. "I never...okay. So. In all technicality I /have/ been kissed, but the guy was using it as a way to distract me so he could try and kill me. I was young, a teen, just starting the whole mercenary life. He was my fighting partner, but not /that/ kind of partner. He betrayed me. I killed him. Still. I don't consider it anything. So, I just say I've never been kissed. I never kissed Kenren. We never...did anything, either. No time. No chance. When you say he was oblivious, you are right. I had made the decision to kiss him the night of the party, but because he said he didn't want to make any solid decision until after the storm, I refrained. Mai got to kiss Tenpou. I don't think Konzen kissed Riko, he was too reserved to do anything bold like that."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 10:01 pm

Gojyou snorted, "Konzen sounds like a stick in the mud just like Sanzo is." He closed his eyes and exhaled softly, shaking his head. "Then again, I didn't see Riko try to get close to him either. Not like Mai with Hakkai. I'm going to have fun rhyming their names together. How many times do you think I can do that before they get annoyed? Regardless, Mai was pretty freaking jumpy. You were ready to bolt, but she was ready to do whatever it took to cover up Nataku's mistake. I'm not going to push you about that Binding thing, by the way. That's up to you to share. I got a feeling you girls are trying your hardest to let us come to our own choices. Only fair we give you yours. Then again, Sanzo doesn't play fair half of the time, so I wouldn't doubt he'll corner Riko and get her to spill everything. Or not. He can be surprisingly charming. When he wants to be. Which is hardly ever."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 10:09 pm

The giggle that escaped Ran shocked her so badly she stopped and briefly wished she could stare at herself. Her hand came to her mouth as she snorted again and she she could feel her lips tugging at the corners. "Oh my god." She muttered breathlessly. Where had that come from? She looked at him in confusion and shock. He'd made her smile, if only just a bit. "I'll tell you, if you want to know. You seem like you can handle it fine. You are laid back, but in a much different way than he was."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 10:12 pm

"Won't deny I'm curious, but...hm." Gojyou thought about it. Did he really want to know? He got a feeling Hakkai managed to break Mai down, but then again, Mai didn't seem to be the type that could keep a secret longer than five seconds. She had to at least tell /someone/ in order to keep it. Thank god 'Kai knew what a secret was, otherwise they'd be in deep trouble. "You know what? Not tonight. Tonight's already filled with worry and with heavy thoughts. Let's wait till it's a little more comfortable. Whenever, whatever that is. Though I swear to god if you tell me during a fight and I nearly get myself killed, I'm shoving you into a river or something."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 10:40 pm

There it was again. Ran felt her lips tugging and fighting to split. She nodded at him and rolled onto her side so she could watch him instead of the sky. Her expression was softer, more relaxed than it had been. She didn't retort. Didn't want to. He was...a comfortable presence. His ki was strong, enveloping her and she was sure he didn't even realize it. "Over our next drink, then?" Things should be calmed down by then. Why not take of both at once?
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 10:44 pm

"Sounds good." Gojyou grinned, looking over at her as well. She looked better. It seemed that the outdoors did her some good and hopefully some of things that got off her chest helped too. "You buying or are we going to be flipping a coin for that?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 10:46 pm

"Flip a coin. That sounds like fun." Ran nodded and closed her eyes slowly. "Thank you, Gojyou. I appreciate it."

()
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 11:35 pm

They had finished up setting up camp after a long day's worth of travel. Mai was more relaxed and happier to be around everyone. She wasn't as nervous or flighty like she had been, instead taking everything in better strides. She didn't go out of her way to socialize with everyone, but she definately made improvements. Cracked jokes with Goku, teased Gojyou, it was easy to see that she was the fastest to warm up to everyone.

Riko was always going with the flow. She was a mother first and foremost, but when that duty was done, she was a friend and that was something she didn't take off lightly. She was the fastest to read Sanzo's mood and accommodated where she needed to, but she was also quick to figure out Hakkai and Mai needing time and gave Gojyou and Ran such a wide berth, it was almost strange.

But now, it was a big circle and Gojyou just finished telling a story that left the girls and Nataku in stitches. "I'm telling ya guys. It was awful."

"I wouldn't doubt it." Riko wiped underneath her eye. "Oh my god, I don't know who to feel sorry for."

"My sympathies are torn between Hakkai and Sanzo honestly," Mai said, still fighting off her giggling as she tried to eat, but couldn't since she'd start laughing again. "That was way to vivid. Have you thought of being a story teller Gojyou?"

"Hell nah. Don't have the patience for it. It's different here." Gojyou answered, shaking his head from side to side.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 12:04 am

"We all know the stories being told. Been through it, have plenty of them, but maybe each with our own versions of what happened." Hakkai agreed, taking another bite of his soup.

"I'm glad everyone is having a good time. That was a great story." Nataku nodded vigorously. He vaguely remembered things from his coma, Kanzeon having sat him in front of the Looking Pond, but hearing what they had to say about it was an entirely different thing.

"I look forward to hearing everyone's stories!" Kaede chirped excitedly, "We have a long way to go. Maybe we could have one at dinner each night?"

"I don't see why not." Hakkai hummed, tapping his chin thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 12:08 am

"Eight stories." Mai counted aloud. "I'm not going to get technical with it, because I know it's going to be whoever's in the mood. Though maybe I should've counted seven?"

"Who are you tossing out?" Riko asked, looking at Mai curiously.

Before Mai could answer, everyone paused when they all felt something was...off. "Well." Mai said quietly. "Rock paper scissors it?"

Riko and Ran immediately had their hands out and they started tossing down a game. The guys were a little confused, Goku looked at Kaede curiously and Mai let out a squeal. "I win! Yay!"

"Oh boy." Riko leaned back a little and Ran was smirking too.

Goku looked at Kaede, who didn't seem bothered and Nataku was still stiff, but he didn't seem to be worried either. "What's Mai going to do?"

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 12:35 am

"It's still funny that the winner gets to do it instead of the loser. Ah well, that's fine. Don't feel up to it anyway. Since I lost I'll just get the dishes." Ran stood up and began collecting everyone's empty bowls.

"What...is going on?" Hakkai asked with high confusion. Not that he minded Ran getting the dishes. It would be nice not to do it all himself being the neat one. Then belatedly, he felt the flicker of...five lower demons. Just...what? How did none of them notice that?

Nataku was on his feet, but because Mai had it under control he didn't summon his sword. He, like Ran, also didn't want to display any powers. Not yet. Not so soon after waking up and healing. Kaede was at his side and he went with her beside Goku, putting her between them and slightly behind.

Within that minute, Mai had gone under one of the trees and a scrawny demon with ears too big for his head and sharp, vicious teeth jumped down and put his knife to her neck, "Move and I'll slit her throat!"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 12:38 am

Riko was fighting to keep a smile off of her face while Mai looked positively frightened. However, her voice didn't exactly match her expression. "Oh oops, got myself captured." The demons were a little taken aback by her nonchalance. "This looks bad."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 2:01 am

Hakkai was on his feet as soon as the demon jumped Mai, but froze and gritted his teeth. None of the demons that came down from the trees were any real threat, but the position Mai was in was a bad one. Yet...why were none of the girls concerned? "What do you want?" he demanded.

"Same shit different day." Sanzo mumbled as he fished into his pocket and pulled out his pack of cigarettes. If no one but Hakkai and Goku were going to be worried, then he sure as hell wouldn't be. Even Gojyou had taken Ran's cue and was just leaning back, watching and waiting.

Ran was making her way to the trailer that was hooked onto the Jeep when she heard the 'click' and 'swish' of a crossbow and turned just a bit to snap her fingers, the bolt bursting into flames and falling to the ground. She put it out before it could start a forest fire.

"We told you not to move!" another demon shouted at her, readying another.

Ran just arched a brow, "Oh no, I'm sorry. He didn't nick your neck, did he, Mai-chan?"

"If you move again, I might!" The demon drew the knife closer to Mai's neck, "We want your women and your valuables. Food too, while we're at it."

"Well, can't do anything about the food. It's all gone. Nine people and all, barely fed the lot of us. A bit of a miscalculation there." Ran rolled her eyes and heard someone snort. She didn't quite see who but guessed it was Sanzo as there was a flick of the lighter next.

"If you want any of that, either you're going to raid us or you have to allow us movement to give it to you." Hakkai deadpanned. These demons weren't all that bright, were they? Certainly not strong, but even if Mai survived, a cut to the throat was nasty business.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Mai rolled her eyes. Well, the demons were pretty distracted and that knife that he was holding to her throat was nasty. She knew too well that there were two ways this could go. He could either be a very good knife wielder or he wasn't. She'd much rather go up against someone that had a gun, because there was range involved and if you were far enough away, running and zig-zagging and outlasting would do a lot better than say, a knife.

They had projectiles. Which was bad too. An arrow was a lot more dangerous than a gun wound. Mai sighed softly thinking about what she could do. There were about...six all together. Bandits. Clearly demons that didn't get a good welcome. Just because villages were celebrating didn't mean that they weren't discriminating, but that could be her own hopes. She'd much rather believe that than to think they were this disgusting, but then again, maybe they were.

But, Ran had them distracted. Which meant no one expected Mai step into the demon's grip and throw her elbow into his gut, making him hunch over and she jerked her elbow up to catch him in the nose. Turned around, threw a kick, and quickly jogged backwards, taking the knife with her that he had dropped.

"Sorry! Military brat and all." Mai said cheerfully as she twirled the knife before tossing it towards Ran so that she could have it for safe keeping. "Let's keep this short and simple shall we?!"

"Here we go." Riko said lightly as she stretched her legs out.

Goku watched with his mouth dropped open. He'd seen Hakkai fight, he'd seen him kill. Mai had the same deadly precision and she was using her water powers. Which was...oddly beautiful and captivating. If she touched one of them, she dehydrated them enough so that they'd get knocked unconscious. Throw water to the face of the other demon, get up close, knock them out and repeat. Sometimes it was harder than that, some of them worked together for so long that Mai had difficulty trying to split them apart and figure out where to go from there.

"Should we...help?" Goku asked, though he doubted that she even needed it.

"No." Riko said calmly. "Not until they're all knocked out, even then it might just be someone that knows how to tie a good knot."

"Knocked out?" Gojyou was the one that spoke this time, and looked at Riko with a frown. "She got threatened pretty badly, I don't think even Hakkai would let them live after that."  

"Mai doesn't kill." Riko explained. "No matter the situation, no matter what the outcome is, to her there is no such thing as kill or be killed. I'd be romantic and say it'd go against her vows, but that's not quite it. To be accurate, it'd go against her truth. Those weren't severe enough threats anyway to warrant their deaths. But they were good enough for some old-fashioned humiliation."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 1:55 pm

Kaede gave Nataku a sideways hug which made him relax. She waved at Mai when they were all knocked out, "Do you need help stringing them up?!"

Hakkai was certainly impressed, but when she was quite finished he went over to her immediately, "I understand they were weak, but you were literally held at knifepoint. Tell me, what would you have done if you were alone?" he tipped her chin up with his finger and checked her neck, letting her go when he was satisfied there was no mark.

Ran looked at the offending knife, "Honestly, Mai, it's a good thing you /didn't/ get cut. This thing has rust on it. Yuck, I don't want to keep a blade like this." She pulled a face and tossed it, sinking it into a nearby tree effortlessly before she continued about going to clean the dishes.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 2:21 pm

"Yes please." Mai answered, letting him look. She knew that it was concern and that he was a healer too. "Done a distraction myself. Make them look another way and do the same thing. If they were immune to that, well...a little scratch never hurt anyone. But at the same time, if I was alone, they'd try to overpower me first. So they'd probably try to take me to the ground. That's just a bad place for everyone involved. Me especially since I'm no ground fighter."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 2:38 pm

"At least you have your water abilities. You could have taken them by surprise with that." Hakkai hummed, "I can help with knots while Goku and Nataku string them up. We should move when we're done. Fine another place to park it for the night. It's not yet fully nighttime."

Sanzo puffed on his cigarette and looked at Riko, "Is it always like this?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 2:52 pm

"Pretty much." Riko said gently as she leaned back a little. "I would've been a little more concerned for myself if it was me with the knife to my throat, but then again I don't have the same background Mai and Ran do. Also, we find it a little more fair if we all played for who attacks what, especially weaker enemies like them." She pointed over where the three of them were helping out. Mai was taking off their pants, folding them, and setting them at the base of the tree while Goku and Nataku were helping Hakkai work them up on the tree. "If it was something bigger, something worse than that, we might not be so cavalier."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 2:56 pm

"That's good. At least you have that sense about you." Sanzo looked at Gojyou, "You should help them so we can move along faster."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 3:01 pm

"Why the hell should I? There's four of them." Gojyou said, pointing over at the tree. "If you want us to move faster, get Riko or someone else to do it."

Riko covered her mouth with a snicker. "Nope. Not happening. I'm comfortable exactly where I am. Besides. Human. Woman. I don't exactly have upper strength like you men do."

"Yeah, Sanzo's not that strong either in that department." Gojyou agreed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L   Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Homeward Bound - Saiyuki V/L
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next