Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How to Save a Soul 2.0

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Lunar

How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 11:24 pm

Her eyes grew wide as she nearly choked on her food, swallowing it down before turning to him with a slight glare, though it was a harmless one. "I would not pass out!" She retorted, chewing her lip before looking down at her sandwich. "Besides, I can't help the fact that a drop dead gorgeous man is sitting right next to me, so don't blame me for staring!" She blurted out, soon realizing what she had said and a hand covered her mouth. She soon glared at him from the corner of her eye, watching him carefully. "You heard nothing..." She tried to deny, biting into her food.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 8:11 pm

"Oh, on the contrary," Dean smirked evilly, "I heard /everything/, and you forgot adorable in conjunction to gorgeous," he batted her eyes at her playfully, and it was hard to chew through his wide grin. Well, at least he knew how she felt now.
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 10:46 pm

Amalia soon found herself in a giggle fit as he batted his eyes at her, covering her mouth to hold back her laughter. She shook her head and nudged his arm with her elbow gently, grinning at him. "Jerk." She teased, a heavy breath leaving her lips as an attempt to calm herself. Once they both finished their sandwiches, the redhead took both plates and smiled nervously at him, standing on her feet. "I should probably let you get back to working on the Impala..."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 10:56 pm

"I have to say, in all seriousness," Dean piped up, "I find the feeling mutual," he winked at her, "Thank you very much for the sandwich, I feel a lot better after eating. I didn't know I was so hungry."
Back to top Go down
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 11:41 pm

Amalia blinked a few times before a bright smile lit up her face, nodding once in response. "You're very welcome. I'm glad to hear it." She said, pausing for a moment. "I'll see you around, then." With that, she turned and walked out of the garage, closing the door behind her.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 4:28 pm

Hours later and Dean came from the garage, wiping his hands and he saw Amalia playing on Kerica's computer in the reading area where he and Sam usually hung out to research. She had one book next to her and was typing away before he cleared his throat, "Whatcha got there? Have you seen Kerica and Sam anywhere?"
Back to top Go down
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 6:00 pm

Amalia nearly jumped out of her seat in surprise, turning to him with wide eyes before relaxing with a small smile, shaking her head in response. "Nothing much. And, I haven't run into them yet..." She trailed off, having a sneaking suspicion on what was going on but she decided not to mention it before going back to typing.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 7:23 pm

"I swear if they're doing what I think they're doin' then I am going to laugh my /ass/ off," Dean snickered and he slid into a seat across from her, "Something's really caught your attention, though. Find a piece of lore you liked? A new case you're researching?"
Back to top Go down
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 8:36 pm

"Actually, I'm looking up some different kinds of Fae that have caught my interest, and something stood out to me." She smiled, finishing her typing before turning the laptop towards him so he could see what she was researching. "And don't even think about laughing." She warned, pursing her lips together as she watched his face carefully. On the website page, it showed an article about Dragons. "It may sound like a silly thing to research, but I got curious."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 9:36 pm

"Oh, honey, it may be fun to flirt with but that's why it's fantasy," Dean wrinkled his nose, "I met an actual fairy years and years ago. I blew her up in a microwave because she was trying to attack me. I was the only one who could see her because I am the first born. Sam and I also ran across a leprechaun...not to mention dragons," he nodded at the laptop. "Nasty fuckers. Prey on virgins."
Back to top Go down
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 7:37 pm

Amalia blinked a few times in disbelief, the color draining from her face at his words. "Wait, what...?" She blurted out, swallowing hard. "You mean to tell me that dragons are actually real? And that they...hunt down virgins?" Her imagination began to run wild at the thought, her gaze hitting her lap as she imagined this gigantic creature swooping down to capture her.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 9:22 pm

"There were only two last thing I knew but we haven't seen or heard from them in ages," Dean shook his head, "You have nothing to worry about. Any other fantasy things you want to know are real? The Wizard of Oz was real, and so is the Land of Oz, but there's no way to go back there now," he tapped his chin, "Hansel and Gretel was real..."

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 10:07 pm

Amalia ran both hands through her hair, eyes slightly wide at what he was saying. "Okay... I'm officially mind blown." She let out a soft scoff, shaking her head before looking up at him. "That's crazy, that those stories are actually real. I mean, the land of Oz? Hansel and Gretel? I never would have guessed." She laughed.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 5:00 pm

"I bet you didn't think a lot of things were real until you read those stories about us," Dean nodded, "Honestly, so much has happened to us that it jumbles all together. I don't want to tell you something you've already read about, and some things that happened after...I don't want to talk about. I'm not going to spill my heart and guts out to some chick I barely know, no offence," he shrugged. He felt as though he should be straightforward with her.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 5:27 pm

She nodded a few times to indicate that she was taking what he said to heart, then the redhead met his gaze with her own once she heard his statement. Amalia's head tilted to the side, feeling her heart sink ever so slightly. Anyone would have taken his statement the wrong way, and think of him as an asshole. However, much to her own surprise, she smiled softly at him and nodded once in understanding. "None taken; I understand where you're coming from."

"So," Dean planted his hand on the arm of the chair and stood up, "I am going to go see where Sam and Kerica are, and then we really should get you girls off on your own way. Sam and I...we don't really work well with others. Bad things tend to happen around us. We're both bad luck," he shrugged.

Amalia's face contorted into an expression mixed with confusion and concern, hearing his words clearly and it made her chest ache. Swallowing hard, she watched him stand and head his way towards the door before she gathered the courage to speak up. "Wait...Please, don't go," she called out, seeing him stop in his tracks. "You claim that you don't work well with others, but the four of us made quite the team back at the mansion, if I remember correctly." She gave him a small smile before continuing. "I also have a really hard time believing that you and Sam are bad luck. Shit happened to you, I understand that...I also get you have your reasons for pushing people away, and I won't question them."

She was silent for a short while before a heavy sigh left her lips, "That doesn't mean I have to like those reasons."

Dean was quiet for a long moment before he took a deep breath and sighed, turning back to her, "I suppose you have a point. I'm just used to being a lone wolf, I guess. Sam...he doesn't do well on his own. He does a lot better with teamwork. Not that he can't tackle things by himself, he has a sharp mind, but he can over-think things and miss them entirely. Me? I just plow right into it, and in the process get others hurt so I just like to do it on my own. More than once people have been killed because of me, and I may walk away and continue like nothing happened, but that's not to say it doesn't bother me."

She nodded a few times to indicate that she was listening, her gaze locked with his own. "Sam does seem like the kind of person who tends to do that." She agreed, then tilted her head to side lightly as he continued. The redhead's brows furrowed as she nodded slowly at his last statement, biting her lip lightly. "I may not be able to relate to your situation, but I can at least try to understand. It sounds rough…"

"I just...don't want that to happen to either of you," Dean grumbled under his breath, "Sam's seemed to have taken a liking to Kerica. I don't want him hurt, either. Sam always comes first. I'm not about to lecture a grown woman with the typical 'you hurt them, I come after you' speech. I just want you to know where I stand. I've separated from Sam before, to be on my own, and he's left me, too. It's never ended well. If you and Kerica find a case to go after, do so. We're not obligated to follow, and visa-versa. You handle yourselves, we'll handle ourselves. I will not have your life in my hands, and you don't get mine."

His words were harsh, and yet she understood completely. In truth, she felt the exact same way about Kerica. Amalia had become very protective of the brunette, and even though she believed that Sam wouldn't do anything to hurt her, the redhead could understand and relate to Dean's position. With a soft breath leaving through her nostrils, she nodded once. "Yeah," her voice was raspy and hoarse when she answered, but immediately cleared her throat before smiling reassuringly. "I understand."

It was almost an awkward silence that filled the room, with him standing and staring at her, but she was meeting his gaze with equal vigor. Finally, he let out a breath, "I'm glad we got that cleared up." Mutual attraction or not, he refused to tie is knots anytime soon. He didn't do relationships. It was then he heard something at the door, and looked over to see Sam and Kerica standing there looking confused. "How long have you been there?" Well...they looked fine. Perhaps they hadn’t been doing the dirty after all.

"Just long enough to hear Amalia say she understood..." Kerica answered promptly, "That must've been one heck of a conversation you had."

"Something like that, yeah." The redhead spoke up, shrugging her shoulders with a barely noticeable grin. She left it at that, however, for she didn't want to worry or over think it too much.

Sam wanted to say something in hopes of easing the tension in the air, but he couldn't find the words. All he could do was look to his older brother and wonder what sort of conversation the two of them had.

~*~

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Both Sam and Kerica had finished the tour of the bunker and were now in the main room just relaxing in silence. The younger Winchester noticed how Kerica was reading one of the books with a serious look on her face, and a small smirk creased his lips. He recalled how Amalia looked when she was reading some of the books, and she looked as if she was enjoying herself. While with the brunette, she read every word intently, putting all of her focus on it.

"Do you watch people while they sleep, too?" Kerica joked as she finally pulled her nose from the book and blinked before rubbing her eyes. Closing it she tossed it on the table, "I always feel like the world fades away around me when I read, and yet I'm super aware of you next to me. Is that weird?"

Sam scoffed in amusement at her joke, a smirk crossing his lips before he shook his head. "Doesn't sound weird to me." He said honestly. "I do the same thing."

"Do you read for pleasure, Sam?" Kerica asked him, reaching down into her laptop bag to bring it out and she popped the lid open, powering it on and then returned her attention to him, "I have read the Supernatural Chronicles cover to cover through all five series. Took me a while when we all properly introduced ourselves to realize where I knew your names from, and of course the 'Winchester Brothers' are always a hot topic or a taboo one in any Hunter Bar."

"I did, back when I was in college. Though, I find that I hardly ever read anymore; could never find the time in between cases." He answered, then his face grew pale at the mention of the Supernatural Chronicles. "Wait, whoa, back up," he said, hand up before he stared at her in disbelief, "You actually read those books?"

"Yes, yes I have. At first in pieces as it was, as you said, hard to find the time. Yet I had some down time a year or so ago and it took me a month or two to read all of those books. There had to be a hundred or more," Kerica grinned at him, "Gave Amalia my Kindle copies to read and she is at least three Saga's in. She came to me crying last night because she forgot all about them, but thought Dean's story about his dad was familiar. She hasn't mentioned it to him yet but I thought you should know we're well acquainted with a good portion of your life. Lucifer and the Angels? That was anything but a piece of cake," she shook her head.

Sam groaned as he ran both hands through his hair, head low as he heard her speak. "You have got to be kidding me." He complained, looking up at her with a small scoff, "Please tell me you intend to remove them once Amalia's done with them, at least..."

"Most of them...I'll keep my favorites. I loved the one with the prank war between you and Dean, and a few others," Kerica laughed at his misfortune, but it was short, quickly dying when she spoke again, "I'm sorry. Your lives are nothing to laugh about. You know...just judging by how you died twice through that series but are still here somehow, makes me wonder just how long I have until my own life runs out. I fear for Amalia, too. Being with you brothers is no walk in the park, Sam. It's twice as dangerous as a regular Hunter's life. Thinking about the good times is hard when there's so much bad."

Sam frowned ever so slightly as he listened to her, his Adam's apple bobbing slightly as he swallowed. Scratching the back of his neck, the corner of his lips lifted before falling again. "You can say that again..." He agreed with her last statement, then turned to her. "It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when everything seems to go wrong, you know?"

"I do," Kerica agreed with a slow nod, going back to her computer a moment. It was uncomfortable, but she came up with a quick topic changer, "So you've lived in the bunker for a few years, yeah? What's the weirdest thing - in your opinion, anyway - that happened here?"

He blinked a few times before he began to wrack his brain for a story. It soon made him realize something, his eyes wide and his mouth parted open. "I do have a story for you, but it made me remember that I had forgotten to show you another room here in the bunker." He said, letting out a small chuckle afterward.

"Oh?" Kerica perked a bit, "Do tell?" she stood up, "You can take me there now, if you want," she offered.

"Sure." He accepted with a smile that seemed to light up his face, immediately forgetting the feeling of dread that occurred earlier. Standing up with her, he gently guided her out of the main room and proceeded to walk beside the brunette towards the very back of the bunker. "I'm sure you already know about the Wizard of Oz movie and book, right?" he asked her, waiting for a response.

"Yeah? The wicked witch with her flying monkeys," she shuddered, "I think I watched that movie once or twice and then never again, it was super creepy."

"I can't argue with that." He laughed. "Turns out, there happens to be an actual door that leads to Oz. Here, in the bunker." A smirk crossed his lips as he saw her shocked expression. "I wish I was joking, but we actually met Dorothy in the computer room here." Sam soon reached the door that lead to the room he spoke of, turning the knob and entering the room with her. He soon flipped the switch to reveal the large room.

"Holy shit, this is ancient!" Kerica's jaw dropped at the sight, "This is all still running the bunker?" she asked as she walked over to look at the buttons on the big computer. She didn't even know what part to call it. "A door to Oz? Where is that? Can you go to and from at any time?"

He couldn't help but snicker softly at the several questions she was asking. "Yeah, it's all still running. It surprised me too, when Dean and I first saw this room. As for the door to Oz, the key to it was destroyed, so I'm afraid we can't go there and come back." He answered, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Not that I'd want to go there, anyway," Kerica laughed a little, "Next you'll tell me Alice in Wonderland was real, too. Not sure which one I'd pick over the other. I don't much like the thought of my head getting cut off like a vampire for roses that aren't the right color."

"God, don't even joke about that." He laughed weakly in response, shaking his head lightly to be rid of the idea of her enduring such a fate. Sam soon found himself moving closer to her as she continued to speak, his hand reaching out to gently brush his fingers against her neck slowly. "I wouldn't want that, either." He muttered softly once she finished her statement, staring down at her intensely.

"Sorry..." Kerica murmured, her eyes meeting his, but she stiffened at his touch on her throat, a little fear trickling in. She wasn't able to enjoy the touch, or even revel in his gaze, too paralyzed, "Please...don't do that," she requested softly.

Sam blinked in surprise before he pulled his hand away, giving her a sheepish and apologetic smile. "Sorry...Are you alright?" He asked, his brows furrowed.

Kerica relaxed, swallowing thickly before touching were he had his fingers before, "When I was a toddler, I got bitten by a dog." She moved her hand to point out the two scars on the corner of her mouth on the right side, one above and one below, "I was too little to be put to sleep, so they had to collar me to the operating table while they stitched me up. I don't remember it at all, of course, but the sub-conscious trauma I guess makes me hate things around my neck, and even...freeze up, as you just witnessed..." she shifted, "Doesn't help I've been picked up and thrown around as my time as a Hunter, too."

His brows creased with sadness as he listened to her story, swallowing hard and touched her face gently with the palm of his hand. "I didn't know... I'm sorry."

He seemed to be distracted, and Kerica could only guess why. His eyes were on her lips, and she sucked air in through her teeth. It rushed by his thumb as it traced the scars there, "Well...now you do..." she murmured so quietly she was surprised she heard it, and wondered if he did. Was he going to...? "Sam?" she asked on baited breath.

He was silent for the longest time, just staring at her with an intense gaze before he leaned in to press his lips against hers in a soft yet deep kiss. He didn't know what came over him, and to be honest, he didn't care.

Her surprised squeak was muffled by his mouth and she slowly kissed him back. She'd seen him put on chap-stick so she was not surprised to feel his lips were soft. She hoped hers were fine, in any case. As the moment slipped by, she grew just a bit bolder, and increased the firmness of their kiss, tilting her head to be at a bit more comfortable angle. Being much shorter, he had to bend down to her, but she wasn't sure if she should put his arms around his neck or not. Instead, she settled for rubbing her hands up along his chest through his shirt, humming in delight at his warmth, and the solid feel of his pectoral muscles beneath.

A small groan erupted from his throat at the feel of her hands on his chest, reveling in it as his hands held her face, deepening their kiss. Her lips felt so soft and warm against his, and Sam couldn't help but become lost in the sensation. However, his mind told him that this was too fast, and way too soon. With hesitation, he pulled his mouth away from hers, a soft breath leaving his nostrils before letting her go, trying to compose himself.

It was like watching an actor switch faces. Sam's face was blotched red, yes, but he looked as he did when they entered the room. It...confused her, and she cleared her throat to hide the whine of disappointment. His groan had affected her deep down in her abdomen, and she looked up at him with her green orbs reflecting her feelings like an open book. She didn't have that ability he just pulled off, to just...mask everything. A poker face, as others called it. She was having a hard time even reading his own hazel eyes for any inkling to how he felt. It was neigh impossible. He was good...too good. "Sam?" she asked again, like before the kiss. Was she just supposed to forget that happened? Were they going to talk about this?

God, why did she have to look at him like that? The pleading look in her eyes made him want to cave in and reveal what was going through his head. He wanted to kiss her again, even touch her... He wanted to get closer to her, know every little detail about her. Despite those feelings, Sam didn't act out on them, no matter how much he desperately yearned to do so. His stomach churned and coiled with anxiety, but not once did that uneasiness touch his face.

It was frustrating, really. He wanted Kerica so badly, but in the back of his mind, he knew better. He knew that he shouldn't get too close, otherwise he would put her life in more danger than it already was. Not only that... Every relationship he was ever in didn't end well. The most recent was Amelia, and he had to choose a life of a Hunter instead of being with her. It crushed his very being, and he almost lost his poker face only to quickly smile at her lightly. "Let's head back," he said simply, acting as if nothing ever happened.

Apparently she was. That broke her heart deep inside, and she looked away, taking a deep breath and nodding, "Okay." Apparently they weren't. Her voice quivered, but she bucked up and tried her best to do what he wanted. It was for the best, she guessed. Wasn't she the one who said their lives were shit? Yeah...this was a good thing. She grasped onto that thought process, but it was like trying to grab water. Your hands got wet, but whatever you had cupped between your fingers slipped away slowly but surely. She could do this... "I wonder what Dean and Amalia are up to?" she asked absently. to change the subject, and they headed out of the computer room and back towards the main room in silence.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 5:50 pm

"Amalia! I found something," Kerica said, later that night, coming into her friend's room with her laptop. She closed the door behind her, "Something about lights in the marshlands. It's way out in Hanson, Massachusetts, but I...feel like we've overstayed out welcome. What about you?" she asked, allowing herself to let the pain appear on her face that she'd tried so hard to cover up during dinner, "Before you ask...Sam kissed me."

"Wait, he what?!" Amalia snapped her eyes up to meet Kerica's gaze, setting her book aside instantly and leaning forward with her legs crossed. She wanted to ask for details, yet kept her mouth shut once she saw the pained expression on her face.

Kerica looked down and set her laptop on the bed. She slowly explained the situation, and ended with how he just...left her wanting, and didn't say a word. "Seeing him completely do a one-eighty with his face like that...it was creepy, and I am a bit jealous of his poker face. I know I won't be able to handle it if we do that back and forth crap. Which is why...I want to head out. I was up trying to find a case we could follow to get out of here."

She frowned deeply at the news, biting her lower lip before her hazel eyes slowly drifted to her lap. "I agree with you, actually... It would be best if we don't stick around any longer. I just..." She paused as a heavy sigh left her lips. "That conversation Dean and I had has been playing over and over in my head, and it's bothering me."

"Dean and I are very similar, it seams, so I can guess what he said. It was all to no doubt keep you at a distance, so you don't get hurt," Kerica shook her head and sat on the bed next to her, bringing her laptop closer, "Here, let me show you the article...apparently there's been this light for years, and people didn't think anything of it, just a trick or neighboring kids playing around. Only...it recently got violent. As in, people started dying once a week. They all had the same thing happen...it would get really foggy, like it does before a storm. The people in question would park on the side of the road, and the next thing anyone knows, the cars are found abandoned the next morning and the people are nowhere to be found. It's dangerous to go looking because you take one wrong step, you sink into the marsh. The first one or to times, people just thought they tried to walk to town and got lost, drowning in the water. Then it happened to more people."

"That sounds...terrifying." Amalia bit her lip as she pictured herself getting trapped in the marsh and drowning, and a shiver ran down her spin at the thought. Shaking her head, she turned to Kerica and gave her a serious look. "I say we leave tonight and get right to work. I know it's late, but... I don't think either of us want to stay the night here."

"You're right...I don't. We can stop at a hotel if I get too tired to drive. At least...this week reprieve has been nice," Kerica smiled sadly and stood up, "I'll throw together my things and meet you at the 'Stang, okay?" she closed her laptop and gave her an apologetic smile, but didn't say anything as she didn't need to. So began the journey on the road again.

~*~

"Breakfast is served!" Dean grinned as he set down Sam's plate of eggs, then went to sit at his seat, immediately digging into his own food. He glanced up after a minute at the empty chairs across from him where two more plates sat, "I thought Kerica and Amalia would be up by now. Do you think they're being lazy?"

Once Sam took a seat across from his brother and took a bite of his eggs, he too noticed that both girls never showed up. "I have no idea. Should we go check on them?" He asked, swallowing his food.

"Eh, let's wait," Dean shrugged, too preoccupied with eating. The more time went on, though, a dreading feeling he'd been ignoring came back, "I didn't sleep that well last night. What about you? I felt like something was wrong."

"I couldn't sleep all that great either." Sam admitted, The fact that he’d kissed her hadn’t helped at all. He finished his meal quickly before a sigh left his lips,"Something just feels off...I can't put my finger on it."

Dean stopped eating all together and stared at the plates before looking at Sam with an 'are you thinking what I'm thinking?' Sidelong glance. The twisting in his gut was just getting worse...when he and his brother bolted from their chairs at the same time.

Sam bit his lip once he and Dean made their way towards the rooms both girls were staying, feeling that his composure slip away from him. Once he reached Kerica's room, he opened the door to see the bed neatly made and everything was in place. Almost as if she was never there to begin with. "Damn it...!" He cursed under his breath, his jaw ticking as he clenched his teeth, looking over to his brother to see if he had any luck.

"They're gone, Sammy..." Dean gritted his teeth as well, "Shit...I thought she wasn't that upset by what I said...unless they found a case. I did say we weren't obliged to follow, but...fuck. When have my gut feelings been bogus, Sam?" He was sure he was rambling, "You should look online and see if there is anything that might have caught their eye."

The younger brother ran a hand through his brown locks, irritated with the situation. He began to blame himself for Kerica leaving, because of what happened the other day. Dean's words snapped him back into reality, nodding once before rushing to grab his laptop from his room.

While Sam did that, Dean put the extra food into containers before he started packing for another road trip. As soon as Sam told him where they were headed he would immediately know what routes to take and he would be damned if he let anything happen to either woman. After all, he had gone back and forth across the country more times than he could count. After that whole damned speech...he gripped his head and paced around a bit, "So stupid! Why did...urg!" He growled under his breath and looked up to see Sam walking into his room.

Sam had grabbed some extra clothing and his shotgun, stuffing it into a dufflebag before walking back to where his brother was. His face was hard and cold, his jaw clenched tightly causing his face to pulsate a little. Noticing the look on Dean's face, he calmed down ever so slightly but still couldn’t forced himself to relax, "We should hurry. I think the location they're headed is Hanson, Massachusetts; that's the only thing that stood out."

“What are we waiting for then?” Dean asked as he grabbed his ever-ready dufflebag, that he hadn’t even really touched since their last mission, and the two of them headed for the garage to hop into the Impala. It wasn’t until they were on the road that the older brother spoke up, “Why do we care, Sam? Why are we running after them? I know I told Amalia that we don’t have any obligation to help them. Hell, they might even be better on their own. They could get hurt because of us. It’s happened so many times before.”

Sam turned to his brother once he heard him speak, his brows raised ever so slightly before a soft breath left his nostrils. "I guess it's because we left things on a bad note with them." He answered, swallowing hard as he remembered how he acted towards Kerica after he kissed her. Not matter how much he didn't want to admit it, he wanted to make things right with the brunette. "Besides, isn't the possibility of them getting hurt all the more reason to try and protect them?"

"I..." Dean started, but then shut his mouth. He grunted and just thumped his head on the car chair, his grip tightening on the wheel as he sped up. He knew the back-roads where no cops patrolled. He would get them to their destination as quickly as damn possible. Hopefully...by then, this feeling in his gut would go away. This feeling of danger, doom and gloom. He hated it...but it was never wrong.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 5:52 pm

~*~

The drive to Hanson ended up becoming more complicated than both Amalia and Kerica had expected. About halfway to the exit, a very thick fog began to surround the area, making it too dangerous keep going any further. The girls were left with no choice but to park the red mustang on the side of the road and rest for the night, ironically near a dense forest. The night felt as if it was going much too slow, and it made Amalia restless. She stared out the passenger seat window with her hazel eyes halfway open, Dean's words echoing in her mind. How could she have let him get to her so badly? Why did she care so much...? So many questions, yet there was no sign of them ever being answered. It irritated her to no end.

With a heavy breath leaving her nostrils, she pulled the blanket closer to her body and tried to sleep. However, before she close her eyes and force her muscles to relax, a small orb of light floated near the window, causing the redhead to breath inward sharply, swallowing hard as she noticed multiple fading specks of light floating in the air. She could do nothing but stare in both awe and fright, wondering to herself if these were the will-o-wisps mentioned in the article. Amalia turned her head to the sleeping Kerica beside her, biting her lip with hesitation written on her face. She couldn't just leave her friend behind like this... Yet, this was her chance to find what was the cause of the will-o-wisps. With her brows furrowed with determination, she carefully and quietly unlocked her car door, opened it slowly and proceeded to grab her flashlight and shotgun, loading the barrel with salt bullets before smiling in apology at her sleeping friend. With that, she followed the flickering lights, hoping and praying that no harm would come to Kerica while she was gone.

As she moved forward through the murky swamp, the fog seemed to grow even harder to see through. Amalia kept her guard up, preparing herself for confrontation with a vengeful spirit, or even a demon. With her shotgun held tight in her hands, she swallowed hard and silently before a snap of a branch made her stop walking, hazel eyes darting at her surroundings in hopes of finding the source of the sound. Her muscles tense and stiff, Amalia moved back two steps, only for her foot to sink into something muddy and wet, no signs of solid ground beneath her. She grew wide eyed and cried out, feeling the sensation of falling backward, closing her eyes tightly as she prepared for impact.

"Amalia!" A rough hand gripped her forearm with almost bruising force, and she was pulled into a solid chest with a thump, "Stupid! You should've stayed with the car!" The deep voice was angry, but the hold she was in was secure and safe, "Did you even think about Kerica?! There's more danger here than those freaky lights! You're in a God damn /swamp/ for crying out loud! The article even said the first few victims were suspected to have freakin' drowned!"

The redhead could hear the frantic pounding of her heart ringing in her ears, recognizing the man's voice in an instant. With her eyes wide and her face flushed bright, she found that she was frozen in place, letting him scold her and hold her in his arms. Why did she feel so comfortable with him...? She barely knew the man, and he was the one who was pushing her away. Snapping herself back into reality and away from his comforting warmth, Amalia yanked herself out of his grasp and gave him a harsh glare, fists clenched tight.

"Since when did you care whether or not I drowned, Dean?" She hissed, her words and tone cold as ice. "I'm not trying to sound ungrateful for you saving me. In fact, I couldn't be more than happy to see you. However, I'm can't help but feel very irritated and angry." She explained, a frustrated breath leaving her nose. "You told me that you were not obligated to come after us. So why did you?"

"I had a bad feeling and like always, I was right," Dean huffed right back at her, stuffing his hands into his jacket pockets, "I care whether you drown or not because that'd be a very stupid way to die for a hunter. From carelessness instead of going down fighting. From what I can tell, you wanted to get ahead of the game and finish the case by nabbing the spirit. The way you're going about it is stupid. You /don't/ skip steps in a case! If this spirit is vengeful then you need to find out /why/, then if they have any bones to burn, and if not, whether they're attached to something." He reached out and snatched her shotgun from her, "You should remember from the last case, Snow Queen, that just shooting at it won't make it go away."

The minute he yanked her shotgun out of her hands, Amalia was literally seeing red. The way he spoke to her made her feel small, like a child who didn't know anything; it pissed her off to the point where she wanted to slap him across the face. She wanted to so badly, and the signs of her anger were evident in both her face and her body language. Amalia's body was trembling, and tears of fury were blurring her vision. Once he had finished talking, she had a stray tear rolling down her face without notice. "Don't you ever talk down to me like I'm a child." She hissed darkly, her gaze meeting his head on. "The last thing I want is to have you belittle me. Yes, I made a mistake, okay? Big fucking whoop! That doesn't mean you have to treat me like dirt under your shoe!"

"A mistake that almost cost you your life, which is why I'm so pissed off! Why do you think I came out here?!" Dean shouted in return, throwing his hands in the air, and turned around, but still looked over his shoulder at her, "Follow me, damn it. Kerica's probably worried about you by now." He huffed and walked off. Without any form of protection now, and with him remembering where he went, he was her only guide back to safety. Unless she wanted to run off again, to which case he'd just chase her down and force her to come back.

Amalia flinched slightly at his words before she sighed heavily, following after him obediently and silently. As much as she hated to admit it, but Dean was right. What she had done really was stupid, and she should have put Kerica's feelings first above all else. Her anger was slowly melting away, and the tension in her muscles eventually eased up, allowing herself to relax. She gave Dean a side glance before looking ahead once more, wanting to apologize for acting so childish but decided to wait until both of them had cooled off.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 5:57 pm

Kerica jumped and pointed her gun towards her window when she heard a rap of knuckles on glass. Before her mind registered who it was, she noticed she was alone in the car. Heart pounding in panic, she scrambled to open her door and get out. Her eyes were dark from lack of sleep, and her hair was messy from restlessness, "Sam?" Her raspy sleep voice croaked, "Where's Amalia? Is Dean with you?"

"Hey, Kerica..." Sam gave her an awkward smile, scratching the back of his neck before his expression turned serious. "Dean went after Amalia in the woods. My guess is that the will-o-wisps caught her attention, and she followed them."

"Oh my fricken..." Kerica growled low, her arms going out a bit from her body before slapping back on her thighs, "We don't even know what this spirit is after! Why they're killing people!" She sighed, any fight in her fading quickly. She was so tired, "Let me turn on my car lights so they can find their way back. I'm not going out there. Dean should bring her back," she opened the driver's door since she'd been in the back passenger seats, and put her keys in the ignition, turning her car on with a purring rumble.

Sam was taken aback by her sudden outburst, and he could feel her frustration. He didn't blame her for it, but he wasn't going to throw in the towel just yet. With a heavy sigh, the younger Winchester ran a hand through his thick locks of hair before watching her. "Kerica--" He tried to call out her name, but was cut off by a harsh glare aimed at him.

"Sam, I haven't slept worth shit. I was awake all the way here and Amalia and I called it because of the fog only two hours ago. I'm not even sure how you guys caught up to us so quick, but please...just...please," she shook her head, closing her eyes and laying her head back. What exactly was she pleading for? She wasn't sure, unable to think properly, "I'm sorry..." she murmured softly, "Don't mind me. I didn't mean to snap. I'm also worried. I don't know how long she's been gone for...I hope Dean was able to catch up to her. I am shocked I didn't notice her leaving, I'm such a light sleeper..." she was rambling now, her words slurring together from exhaustion. It almost sounded like she was drunk, but no. All she could hope for was a stiff drink.

"It's okay." Sam reassured her, cracking a small smile before it quickly faded away. "I understand, really, I do. I'm sure Amalia is just fine; Dean will be here in no time." He tried to reassure her, and just as he said this, he looked up to see the two of them come into view, a sigh of relief leaving his lips. "See? They're just fine."

Kerica jerked back awake and looked ahead, scrambling out of the car and stumbled in her hurry, tripping into Sam with both hands on his chest. He steadied her, but she moved away again, rushing over to Amalia and hugging her tightly, "You're okay!" she breathed a sigh of relief, before moving back again to look at her properly, "Why did you leave?! I could've woken up tomorrow morning when the fog's gone and you could've been dead and gone!" She felt some tears in her eyes but shook them away and looked at Dean, "I couldn't be happier that you showed up, Dean."

"Well, at least somebody appreciates the work I do," Dean shrugged with a chuckle and patted her shoulder, "Anytime, pixie."

Nearly being knocked over by Kerica's body, Amalia immediately returned her friend's embrace, face buried in her dark brown locks of hair. "I'm so sorry, Kerica..." She apologized, forgetting the anger she harbored towards Dean and pulled away slightly to wipe away the brunette's tears, "Can you forgive me for being so reckless?"

Sam's body relaxed as he watched the reunion, a small smile creasing his lips at the sight of Amalia trying to comfort her friend. He felt a huge wave of relief wash over him, genuinely happy that he and Dean made it in time. He soon turned to his older brother who still had a look of irritation on his face. He kept his mouth shut instead of saying anything, already knowing what was wrong.

"Well, yeah, so long as you promise not to try and run off and play hero again!" Kerica demanded of her, "I did promise your mom, after all, and I'd be left alone again!" She shook her head and hugged her again.

"I promise." She smiled, holding her close and stroking her hair gently. She watched Dean and Sam from afar, a look of guilt creasing her brows yet she looked away before either of the brothers would notice.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 5:59 pm

As soon as the four of them checked into the motel, the receptionist behind the desk was staring at them like she'd seen a ghost, "Did you two get stuck in that mist last night?!" she asked with a start.

Kerica tiredly blinked at Amalia and then back at the woman, "Yeah, we did? Why?"

"Oh my God! I thought for sure I'd be hearing about another murder! Those mists and the people dying have been happening more and more frequently...like, every other night the fog comes up and people get stuck and then they disappear!"

"Well, we're safe, as you can see," Dean smiled disarmingly at her, "We'll take the keys to our rooms, if you please."

"Y-Yes, of course!" the girl grabbed the key sets quickly, letting them take them but she watched them walk away with awe on her face..

"Oooookaaaayyyy...." Kerica mumbled, "Apparently this one's got everyone on high alert. We should be careful, people might be mixing what is true with what's rumors. We'll have to pose our questions rather specifically."

"I agree. While we think of what to do and say, how about we freshen up a bit, maybe take an hour nap for you, then we can meet back up in our room?" Dean suggested, pointing at Kerica about the nap. He arched a brow when she didn't protest.

"Yeah...a shower sounds awesome. Amalia, make sure I don't fall asleep in the tub," Kerica shook her head.

"Of course." Amalia let out a soft yet tired laugh at her friend's words, a small yawn escaping her yet she tried to cover it up with the palm of her hand. God, she was exhausted, and it didn't help that Dean hadn't said a word to her since the incident back in the forest. It made her anxious, but she covered it up really well.

Sam chuckled lightly as he watched the two girls interact, soon turning to his brother who happened to be staring in Amalia's direction. The younger Winchester glanced back and forth between the two, tilting his head to the side ever so slightly before he stared at Dean for a while.

"Well..We'll see you girls in a couple hours. Just knock when you're ready," Dean shrugged and they stopped at their apartment door. He unlocked it and stepped inside, not saying anything more.

"See you in a little while...Sam," Kerica murmured, taking a small glance to the tall man before shifting her bag and continuing to walk down the hall. As soon as she an Amalia was safe behind closed doors she plopped her bag down on the bed with a huff, "Of course they showed up. I'm glad Dean saved you, I am. I wanted to get away from Sam, is all."

Amalia turned to her friend once she flopped onto the bed, a heavy sigh leaving her lips. "I'm glad he did too... Though, I just wish he wouldn't act like a dick about it, you know? I get it; I made a stupid choice, and he has every right to be mad." She laid down on the second bed flat on her back, staring up at the ceiling with her mind racing. "I'll apologize to him later... If he's willing to even talk to me."

"Well, he's going to have to be because we're going to work together," she sighed as she took her shampoo and conditioner out of the bag, "You'll both get over it. Shit happens. I'm getting over that kiss with Sam because I also have to work beside him. I can't have my pissy feelings affect work or I'm going to get somebody hurt. So, I'm going to take a shower and then conk out until ten so we can get this show on the road," she shrugged and headed for the bathroom.

~*~

"Is it fake ID and bad names time?" Kerica grinned as she and the others were all sitting in the boy's room, "Cops? FBI? College students working on a paper?"

"We'll be passing through as state troopers. Dean and Amalia are going to talk to the victim, hopefully getting some answers. Once they get the information, you and I will head to the local library to find out what caused these Will-o-Wisps." Sam explained.

So they'd already decided who's going where... awesome. "Hopefully the victim got a good look at it besides just a glowing ball," Kerica hummed, "I will take a look through my badges that we made when you joined me and see what I got to give you, Amalia. In the meantime, yeah, looking for when all this started sounds like a good idea."
Dean leaned back in his chair and smirked at Amalia, "I look forward to seeing what kind of name you end up with. Just follow my lead, okay?"

"Oooh, cute. Here you go, Amalia. This one is perfect. Juniper Lee," Kerica looked up from the box she’d brought with her with her fake IDs and handed it to her with a smile, "I hope you like it because that is the only state trooper one for this state."

"Juniper? Nice. I found one while Sam was taking a shower. It's Derek Walter." He hoisted himself out of the chair and grinned, "Shall we?"

The redhead looked at the badge in the palm of her hand, reading off the name Kerica found for her. A smile creased her lips and she gave Kerica a nod. "It works." She giggled, then turned to Dean with a small hint of confidence. She couldn't mess this up, she knew. If she fucked up in any way shape or form, she would never hear the end of it from either Dean or Kerica. Hearing the older male ask if she was ready, she gave him a firm nod, breathing in and out slowly. "Yeah...Let's do this." She said once she stood on her feet.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:06 pm

~*~

Kerica and Sam managed to get to the library, but once they got inside she paused, “So where do you think we should begin?”

Sam chuckled as he looked at Kerica, "We just have to find any death records close to when the strange mists started forming, and hopefully, it'll give us any form of connection to the Will-o-Wisps." He explained, patting her shoulder gently and added, "We also have to wait for Dean and Amalia to get information from the survivor."

Kerica tensed a bit at his touch but nodded, "Let's go find out what we can about this spirit." She tapped her chin thoughtfully, "Maybe we could do our own investigating and ask some people in the library when the disappearances started to get an idea of where to start?"

"That's a good idea." Sam agreed, hands in his pockets. He hadn’t missed her change in posture, and felt a twisting in his gut, but he just focused on the task at hand.

~*~

Dean made sure Amalia knew the name she was given before they walked to the door of the survivor's home. Knocking and ringing the doorbell, they waited, "Pop quiz. Juniper, what am I?"

Amalia took a deep breath and released it slowly, turning to Dean with a smile. "You are my senior officer, Derek Walter." She answered, turning to the door once she heard the click of the knob.

The young woman opened it just a bit and saw the two officers, "Hello, may I help you?"

"Yes, we are here to talk with you about your experience at the marsh," Dean pulled out his badge confidently and flipped it open, "I am Officer Derek Walter and this is my colleague Juniper Lee."

As Dean introduced them to the woman, Amalia showed her the badge and gave her a friendly smile. Then she proceeded to speak. "We understand if it's a sensitive subject. However, we want only five minutes of your time."

The woman hesitated, "I already talked to the police and they didn't really believe me."

"Well, we have been all over and have seen some things. If you don't mind explaining everything again, that would be wonderful. We are state troopers, after all. We might have to shut down the road or make a detour around the marshes. If you can help us figure out what is going on, so we don't have to, we would be grateful."

Amalia smiled gently at the woman who invited them into her home. Once inside, she turned to Dean who appeared so calm and collected, and her face grew slightly warm. She knew he had done this so many times, but she started to wonder if hiding his real identity ever bothered him. Taking a seat on the couch next to him, she looked up at the woman who made her way to the kitchen, trying to calm her heartbeat.

"My name is Tracy, by the way," she said softly, "Would either of you like a drink?"

"I am good, thanks...so, Tracy...First of all, did you see anything besides a ball of light?" Dean asked, "The figure of a person? Was it really cold? Anything?"

"What about you, Miss Lee? Water? Soda?" She asked as she went to the fridge, smiling secretly. It was cute that the little woman seemed infatuated with Mr. Walter, "It was really dark, but I think I might have seen the outline of a woman, looking like she had drown. She was soaking wet," Tracy frowned a little, "She blended with the mist so it was really difficult to make out."

"Water, please and thank you." Amalia said politely, watching Tracy bring her a glass of the cold liquid. Taking a sip of it, the sensation seemed to help calm her down. Setting the glass onto the table in front of her, the redhead listened to her words with an understanding nod. A woman that was completely soaked with marsh water...She thought for a moment, remembering last night. Biting her lip, she looked up at Tracy, "Did you hear anything out of the ordinary? Like, a voice, or anything similar?"

"I...don't remember, really," Tracy shook her head.

"What about...the lady's appearance?" Dean pushed a little, "Anything, anything at all about what she looked like would help us a lot."

Tracy furrowed her brows and gained a severe look of concentration, "I think...I know I don't remember much about her clothes or anything, and her skin must've been just as pale because the only thing that stood out was her black hair, and it covered a lot of her face, too, it was very sharply angled, almost like she was starved or anorexic. Might have been an exaggeration because she's dead, though."

The tension in the air was so thick, it made Amalia's uneasiness return and her stomach coiled uncomfortably. As Tracy began to describe what this vengeful spirit looked like, the redhead ignored the harsh aura Dean was giving off and nodded a few times to show the woman that she was listening, and then responded with, “Do you have any idea when all these disappearances started?” She knew very well that she couldn't let the incident between her and the older Winchester affect her work; it would be pointless to act all butt-hurt when she had a job to do.

"Oh...maybe three years ago. It only started getting worse the last couple months," Tracy explained.

Dean piped up as he stood up, pulling out his phone, "Thank you for your time, Tracy. I'm going to go make a call to a fellow officer. Juniper will stay with you until I am ready to leave."

Tracy watched Derek leave and smiled at Juniper, "He's handsome, isn't he?" she teased lightly, just to see her reaction, "You're quite lucky to have someone like him as a senior officer. I can see you haven’t been working together long, but he seems confident enough in your abilities to let you speak to me alone."

The redhead watched him leave before hearing Tracy's question, her face heating up ever so slightly before a soft giggle left her lips. "Yeah, he is." She agreed without hesitation, taking a sip of her water before setting her cup back down on the coffee table. "I hope that is true. I will admit, he can be very harsh and blunt while on the job, but he means well."

"Things seem tense with you two, but I'm sure it's nothing. A guy like him is a protector, and I know women these days are big on the whole 'I can handle myself' and such, but don't get offended if he gets worried about you and does what's just natural instinct to him. Okay?" she smiled and patted Amalia's leg, "He's also older and more experienced, so don't get upset when he tries to tell you what to do. Half the time it's information that'll save your life in your line of work. Being reckless gets people killed on the job."

Amalia blinked a few times in surprise as she listened to the older woman speak, realization clicking in her mind. What Tracy was saying made perfect sense; Dean was just trying to help and protect her, and she blew it up in his face. Her heart ached in her chest, and she swallowed hard yet her guilt didn't show on her expression. Instead, she kept her composure and smiled in understanding, giving her a firm nod. "You're right. Thank you for that, Tracy."

Dean peeked around the corner after he shut off his phone, "Juniper, the others said they're working with the new information we gave them. You ready to go?"

Tracy smiled, "Of course, not a problem. I hope you and your co-workers figure this all out."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 10:55 pm

Sam and Kerica were still at the library, currently awaiting a phone call from Dean. Lifting his eyes away from the book he was reading, he took a side glance towards the brunette sitting at the opposite table next to him, noticing how she hadn't turned the page in her book for some time now. Kerica seemed to be spacing out, lost in her own little world. This concerned him a great deal, and his brows furrowed with worry.

Suddenly Kerica jerked and shook her head rapidly before turning to Sam, "Where's your phone?"

Blinking a few times in confusion, he dug out his phone from his left jean pocket. "Right here. Why, what's wrong?" He asked.

"I just was gunna say you should have it ready, just in-case..." she trailed off as the phone started buzzing in his hand, and looked down at the book in her hand, finally flipping the page.

He frowned lightly once she looked away, quirking up an eyebrow. She was definitely hiding something, he thought, but he didn't want to pressure her into telling him what was on her mind. With a silent sigh, he answered the call and pressed the phone to his ear. "Hey! Got anything?"

"Damn right we do," Dean answered on the other end, "This girl, Tracy, she might've known the victim. She was really calm about talking about a freakin' ghost, Sam. Normal people don't usually do that. I can't suggest it, though, without proof. Look into records from three years ago, and try to find an anorexic or otherwise really skinny looking girl with black hair. Teenager, probably."

"Wait, what?" He scoffed softly with disbelief, glancing at Kerica briefly before looking back at the pile of books laid before him. "That doesn't make sense on why she would be calm about this whole thing, besides what you said." He said quietly, loud enough for Dean to hear. He was quiet for a moment as Dean spoke again, then a soft breath left through his nostrils. "I'll start looking."

"Their victim knows the spirit?" Kerica guessed once he'd ended the call as she closed the book she was in and went back to a previous one, "What do we have to go on?" what she had grabbed was the death records that went back years.

"Yeah...it seems she does," he answered, then turned to the brunette to see the book she was holding in her hands. "We need to find records of a teenage black haired girl who might have died in the swamp, three years back."

"On it..." Kerica hummed as she flipped the pages. So far he hadn't asked about what just happened, but it wasn't like she'd tell him, anyway. It wasn't long before she found a file of a pretty young girl in her teens with wild, untamed black hair that covered her face, and blue eyes, her smile strained and sad. She was sitting on the school steps with another girl, "Enya Jones. She had been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, where it's really difficult for her to gain weight. She was weak because of it. She was bullied for it in school, switched to home schooling at sixteen, but she disappeared soon after. She would be nineteen if she was still around."

Sam looked to the younger female as she spoke, standing up from his chair and looked over her shoulder at the file she found. "Poor girl..." He said with a sad expression, "Does it say what happened to her? Cause of death? Anything?"

"No, nothing. Just that she disappeared one day between her friend's house and her own. We can show this to Dean and Amalia at the hotel, see what they have to say," Kerica gathered the papers and motioned for Sam to help her finish cleaning up so they could get out of there.

~*~

It was almost 8 o'clock at night, and the group was back at the hotel to figure out what the plan was. Amalia sat on the edge of the bed with a thoughtful look on her face, while Sam looked over the files for the millionth time to find any trace of what could have happened to Enya. He sighed in frustration, setting the papers down on the bed with a hand buried in his hair. "Still nothing..." He said, breaking the silence.

"I still think Tracy knows something about what happened to Enya...We know she survived in the marsh, but I believe that Enya's spirit let her go,” Dean put his hands on his hips.

“They were friends, correct?” Amalia pointed out.

"You think Tracy can help us, Amalia?" Dean asked hopefully, grinning widely.

Just before Amalia could voice out her thoughts, her phone started to ring. She turned to Dean who gave her the okay to answer, instantly picking up her phone and answered it. "Hello, this is Juniper Lee speaking." She had used her fake alias just in case, and then her eyes widened ever so slightly when she heard a familiar voice on the other end. "Tracy?"

"Juniper? Do you think you could come back to talk to me? The fog has formed again, earlier than normal, and I feel like...I should tell you something, before someone else dies," Tracy's shaky voice responded on the other end.

"Yes, of course. I'll be there soon." Amalia told the frightened woman gently, causing Sam to turn to Kerica and Dean with brows creased with concern. Once she hung up, the redhead turned to the group with a look of dread on her face. "The fog started up again, sooner than usual." She informed them, grabbing her jacket.

"Be careful," Dean told her, "Try and see if you can get as much information as possible. The more we have, the faster we can get this taken care of." He handed her the file with the picture in it, "Use this to your advantage."

"If the spirit let Tracy go, then Tracy might be able to get her to show us where her body is," Kerica offered, "Or...something. You got this, Amalia."

Accepting the file from the older Winchester, she gave everyone a tender smile and a firm nod of confidence. "Thank you. I won't let you down, I promise." She reassured, taking a deep breath and releasing it slowly before walking out with the file in hand.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 8:06 pm

Amalia found herself standing at Tracy's front door, breathing in and out slowly to calm her heart rate. What could Tracy possibly want to talk to her about? Was it what she and the others suspected? Shaking her head, she steeled herself and knocked on the door. Only one way to find out.

It took a few minutes but finally it opened and Tracy looked happy to see her, "Juniper! Welcome, how are you?"

Amalia smiled brightly at the woman, feeling her confidence returning. "I'm good, thank you! May I come in?" She asked.

"Yes, of course. I'm the one who called you, after all," Tracy nodded and left the door open as she walked inside and went to the kitchen, pouring some wine into a glass.

Walking inside, she noticed how the young girl was shaking, and frowned at the wine. Was she even old enough to drink? By the files she was only nineteen. Oh well...this was her own home and she wasn't really an officer, so she took a breath and got to the point, "I know we discussed this earlier, but it's about what you saw...I think we may have found a lead as to what is going on."

"Oh really? Do tell," Tracy brought the wine to her lips, "What do /you/ think is going on?"

Amalia let out a soft breath and pulled out the file and she handed her the photo, "Does this girl look familiar to you at all?"

"Yes, she does. That's the girl I described to you," Tracy said after gaining a soft, sad smile from looking at the picture. She handed it back to her, then slowly sipped at it, "Why do you ask?"

Amalia bit her lip softly, "I think that Enya has something to do with the disappearances." She paused, watching her for a time before deciding it was worth a short in the dark, "I read in this file that she had been bullied in the past. This is just a hunch, or an educated guess, but I think the people who bullied her went too far...and she died." She clutched at the hem of her skirt lightly, "I believe you called me here to tell me about her."

"You'd be correct," Tracy took a shaky breath, then looked at her wine glass, "The boys who beat on her beat and beat her until she wasn't moving. I saw it from my bedroom window, they jumped her. Before you ask why I didn't report it, I was only sixteen, we were in the same grade. I was scared. I was scared they would do the same to me," she shook her head, swirling her wine, "My mom got this wine for me, too. She lives nearby and let me have it after my experience. Anyway...the boys took Enya away. I can only imagine that they dumped her in the marshes which is why these deaths started happening."

Tracy paused and looked at her firmly, "Two of the three boys who did it have moved away since then, but one stayed. I saw him driving away tonight towards the exit of the town, towards the marshes where the disappearances are happening. I don't know what he's got on his mind. Guilt? Redemption? Both? I just know the fog formed as soon as his car disappeared and I think he'll be the victim tonight if something isn't done."

Amalia swallowed hard as she listened to the story, a hand gently resting on Tracy's shoulder. "I'm so sorry you had to witness that..." She frowned, brows creased with sadness and empathy for her. Once Tracy finished her explanation, the redhead grew wide eyed slightly and nodded once firmly. "Don't worry; I'm not going to let that happen." She smiled sweetly in reassurance. She knew better than to handle this alone, but she had a bone to pick with this man who was responsible for Enya's death.

There was a phone call just then, and Tracy smiled at Amalia, "Thank you, Juniper. I hope you get this solved. I'll let you go now," not made a 'shoo' motion and went to sit on her couch with her wine.

Amalia nodded once and returned her smile, watching her make her way to the living room and walked out of the house while answering the phone. Once she was outside, the redhead's soft features turned serious. "Dean, you were right. Tracy did know Enya three years ago. She witnessed a group of boys beat Enya until she was dead, and they dumped her body in the marsh." She explained, walking down the porch steps. "From what Tracy told me, one of the men stayed in town, and she witnessed his car heading towards the forest. That was when the fog started to form."

She sighed heavily and ran a hand through her red locks, stopping in her tracks once she reached the driveway. "Dean... I can't deal with this on my own. I need your help." It was then that she heard the sound of a running car engine, causing her to look around in confusion.

"Well if you had let me talk in the middle of your long-winded ramble, I was going to tell you I was outside," Dean laughed  and rolled down his window to wave at her, ending the call. When she reached him and got in, he revved it again, "We all knew it. Spirits are always connected to something or someone. Kerica and Sam are here, too. She has different supplies in her car, so she jumped in it instead of hitching a ride with me. I kind of had to force Sam to join her, though. I think they're fighting, too. About what, I have no idea," he shrugged, turning the car around and heading the way out of town, a second pair of headlights joining his on the road. "We also packed up our stuff so we can just head back to the Bunker when we're through."

Amalia turned her head to the man as he drove into the thick fog, biting her lip lightly before looking out the front window of the Impala. She knew exactly what the fight between Kerica and Sam was about, but knew better then to admit it to the older Winchester. "I hope they can work things out and set aside their differences." She spoke up, feeling the same way about the situation between Dean and herself. "I also hope we can make it in time to stop the man from going into that swamp."

"Shit happens, but I hope so, too," Dean agreed.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 12:37 am

The way became slower as Dean was hardly able to see the road after a while, but he took a breath and trusted his instincts and knowledge of the road to keep going, watching Kerica ride his ass, lighting the area behind him. It didn't take long once they reached the thickest parts when his headlights glinted off of a bright yellow car, and he turned off the road to join it. Getting out after turning off his car he approached the other vehicle, cursing when he saw the driver's side was empty, "Damn it!"

Kerica was in scuba gear as she and Sam came over to them, "This is just what we didn't need," she grumbled.

"Yeah, tell me 'bout it," he huffed and just then they all heard a male scream and they all grabbed their weapons and flashlights, heading in the direction of where it came from. Dean watched as Kerica ran to where a hand was gripping onto a tree root but wasn't moving. He could only assume that he was being pulled down.

Kerica dropped her flashlight in a dry spot and fixated her mask before dropping down into the water, her iron hand-scythe she'd grabbed in order to cut and slice the vegetation that would otherwise immobilize her. It also couldn't be knocked from her hand by Enya. Finding the man she slashed at the general area of his feet and he was able to jerk upwards from where he was holding onto the root above.

Seeing the man's face pop up and gasp, Dean managed to use the tree to climb over and grab him, hauling him further up and tossing him onto dry land, "Amalia! Draw Enya out! Sam, interrogate him," he ordered. Glancing down he saw Kerica pop out again, "Do you need light? Do you think this is where her body is?"

"Yes! Why else would he be led this way if she didn't want him to die where he threw her?" Kerica agreed. She panted as Dean made his way back and used both his and her flashlights to shine down into the water. Taking a deep breath, she ducked under again.

Sam nodded as he gripped the man's shirt collar, slamming his back against the trunk of a giant tree, his gaze hard and cold. "You're lucky that we got here when we did." His voice was low and it rumbled from deep within his throat, catching the frightened stranger by surprise. "You will give me some answers. If you don't cooperate, I will let Enya's angry spirit take you back down into that marsh. You understand me?"

The man nodded his head vigorously, eyes wide with terror as he tried to catch his breath. "A-All right! I'll tell you what you need to know! Just please, don't hurt me!" His voice was raised due to his fear, his body trembling from the cold water that soaked into his clothes.

"Good." The younger Winchester smirked, yet kept the grip on his collar tight, shoving him closer to the tree trunk. "Now, tell me everything about what happened to Enya three years ago." He demanded.

While the man was explaining the day he and his buddies killed the poor girl, Amalia was trying to draw out Enya's ghost with taunting words. Eventually, the air suddenly grew cold as the clouds of her breath became evident. Swiftly turning around, the algae covered ghost of the black haired girl appeared before the redhead, swinging an iron pole at the apparition in which caused her image to evaporate into mist. "Kerica, please hurry...!" She muttered under her breath, looking around frantically for the spirit to reappear.

"Why do you do this?" Enya's haunting voice echoed in the clearing, "This man murdered me. Let me take him. I want nothing more. Go away." She turned towards Sam and watched the man in his grip scream and curl away, "You came here of your own will. You want to die for your crime!" she accused, flickering over to the two men.

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Enya." Amalia frowned, rushing over to the two men only for Enya's spirit to fling her body up into the air, a small cry leaving the redhead's lips when she landed and she slowly got back on her feet, gripping the iron pole tightly in one hand before she hissed in pain. "That hurt, you know." She chuckled bitterly, closing her eyes tightly as she twisted her arm to relocate her shoulder.

Sam pushed the man backward to keep him away from the vengeful spirit, looking towards Amalia who appeared to be more than ready to fight again. "You okay?" He called out to her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She reassured, nodding to him firmly.

Dean was impressed as Amalia managed to do that. Fixing a dislocated shoulder was nothing to scoff at. A lot of the time he had to have Sam help him, so she must've only had it pop out a little bit. Still...he'd definitely give her ice and some booze later. She'd be sore in the morning.

Kerica came up for air and tossed a fairly fresh body onto the bank grimacing, "There's three years worth of missing persons in here, I gotta pull some out before I get to Enya's. Keep the light shining," she told Dean before going back under.

Dean grunted and looked at Sam, "Hey! Start lighting these bodies up! Amalia's got this!" he called.

Enya noticed them now, though, and she let out a wailing scream, backhanding Sam into a tree, "You're after my body! You won't get it!" she shouted, only to be blasted and dispersed with a rock-salt shot from Sam.

"I'm on it!" He called out, glaring at the man who cowered behind the giant tree. "Stay there, and don't make a sound, understand?" He hissed, earning a silent nod from him. Sam soon grabbed a tank of kerosene and his lighter from his pants pocket, rushing over to douse the bloated body in the flammable oil and set them aflame.

Amalia, on the other hand, was doing her very best to distract the enraged spirit, swinging the pole at the spirit every time she appeared before her. "Enya, please stop this!" She shouted, heavy pants leaving her lips before continuing her assault.

The more bodies that came up were less bloated and more mummified, and Kerica groaned as she pulled the fifth one out, "Dean...I'm loosing strength here," she said as she used the root to lean on, panting heavily.

Dean frowned deeply and knelt down, "Hey, what's up? You don't sound too good." Indeed, she was wheezing, and it sounded like she had fluid in her lungs as if she was sick.

"The water's cold, and..." her face contorted, "I have asthma. I'm out of breath from being underwater so much." She winced as she was blinded by the next body being lit up, "This suit only fits me, though."

Cursing, dean looked to see where Amalia had been flown against the tree for a third time, "You just take a breather, okay?" he patted her arm and jumped over to the dry spot, grabbing Sam's arm, "Hey! Take these flashlights and go help Kerica, my arms are feeling like led standing there for so long." He took Sam's shotgun and smirked, slapping him on the back and he ran over, shooting Enya in the back, watching Amalia look at him in shock, "You! Go take over for Sam in burning those bodies! I got this ghost bitch."

Sam blinked a few times before rushing over to Kerica and helping her get out of the water, allowing her to lean against the large tree next to them. "I'll take it from here," he smiled in reassurance then started removing off his jacket and shoes, taking several deep breaths before diving into the marshy waters.

Amalia winced in pain as she was flung against the same tree, looking up at Dean before nodding obediently, standing on her feet as she grabbed the lighter and kerosene container, beginning to burn the bodies Sam was bring up, becoming less mummy-like and barely holding together by the remainder of their clothing.

"Wait, Sam!" Kerica tried to shout after him before growling under her breath and moved her goggles above her head and then shined the flashlights down, trying to tilt the light to where she remembered she had been before coming up. "Stupid, you're going to freeze, and it's gross down there," she made a face, concerned and exasperated.

"No! No! I want him! I want my revenge!" Enya screamed, becoming more and more angry as she continued to be dispersed and unable to use any powers. Her anger fueled her form, however, and she was becoming faster and harder to hit. She knocked Dean over flat on his back before going after the man behind the tree who'd been frozen there this whole time. Her hand went to close around her throat, but instead it gripped a slender female one. A gasp echoed in the clearing, "Tracy, no!"

Tracy had collapsed to the ground and she looked up at Enya, tears streaming down her face, "Enya...Enya, I'm so sorry...please forgive me...I didn't want this. I should've done something, told somebody. You didn't derseve this!"

The spirit of Enya sobbed brokenly, "No, no! Never hurt you...I'm sorry...Ah!" she jerked and flickered and looked over to see Sam burst from the water one last time, throwing some mummified bones in a white, withered dress on the ground, "Stop!"

"Enya...let them do it," Tracy begged, "You'll be at peace. I'll give you a pretty burial urn, and bury you in our favorite spot. Bring you your favorite flowers every day..."

"Tracy..." Enya's moan was eerie, and she floated down to her friend, "Miss you..."

"Miss you, too...it's okay, we won't be apart again," Tracy soothed as Amalia covered the bones in karosine and struck the lighter aflame one more time, "Be at peace, sweet sister," she soothed. They weren't actual sisters, but they had always been so close, "I'm sorry," she murmured one last time, her fingers flickering through Enya's cheek.

Sam watched the scene as he climbed out of the swamp, panting heavily as Amalia lit the last body aflame. He hung his head slightly as Enya's spirit was consumed by fire, disappearing as her body flickered with small sparks of light, before they faded away into nothing.

The redhead soon helped Dean get back on his feet, turning to the sobbing Tracy before rushing over to her, kneeling down on her knees and held the heartbroken woman close. Stroking her hair, Amalia soon gave the man responsible for Enya's death a harsh glare, causing him to flinch and swallow hard. "You did this." She hissed darkly, her voice dripping with venom. "You don't get to apologize to Tracy for what you've done to her and Enya. Consider yourself lucky that you managed to survive this. If I see you hanging around here again, I will /not/ hesitate to hand you over to the police. Am I clear?"

He nodded vigorously and silently, a heavy sigh leaving the older woman's lips. "Now get out of my sight. You make me sick." With that, the frightened man ran off, and Amalia went back to comforting Tracy.

"The mist is gone," Kerica said as she and Sam walked over, but she turned to the younger Winchester with a hard look, "You need to take that nasty shirt off before you freeze. Then I'll give you your jacket until we get back to the car and you can get your spare clothes."

"Oooh, feisty," Dean teased, "It's not very often you get chicks tellin' you what to do, Sammy."

Kerica rolled her eyes, "The last thing we need is for him to get sick. I'm getting out of this blasted suit when I get back to my car, too, it's not like he's the only one. We should've kept that hotel room for one more night for showers, but as it is we should be back to the bunker tomorrow."

"Yes, ma'am." Sam answered, not once hesitating as he took off his moss and algae covered shirt, rolling his eyes at his brother's teasing.

Amalia rubbed Tracy's back before the woman had calmed down, causing the redhead to smile down at her. "Let's get you home."

Kerica gaped and swallowed thickly at the sight, but quickly averted her eyes and shoved his jacket in his face, taking the soiled shirt, and then stormed off back the way they came towards their cars. She unzipping the back of her suit to give him a /glimpse/ of her bare back, payback, before she covered it by taking off her cap, her mid-back length hair falling free.

"You sure did a number, whatever you did to piss /that/ pixie off," Dean arched a brow. He gathered the ashes of Enya in a cloth, tied it, and gave it to Tracy, "Here, this should be enough to bury her. The wet marsh kind of made it hard, so there's probably also some grass in there."

"That's alright...thank you, Dean. I appreciate it," Tracy smiled tiredly and got to her feet with Amalia's help, hugging her and taking the cloth bag, holding it tight to her chest, "I can get home on my own. Be safe going back to wherever it is you came from. I know you're not state police...what kind of policeman does the things you do? I am grateful, either way, though. Goodbye," she bowed just slightly and hurried off through the woods.

Amalia nodded once with a smile before Tracy left, rubbing her sore shoulder before a soft sigh escaped her lips. "I hope she'll be okay..." She muttered to herself, though Dean probably heard it.

Sam's face grew incredibly hot and he swallowed hard and slow at the sight of her bare back, then shook his head to snap himself out his trance and turned away from her to give Kerica some privacy.

"Let's all go home," Dean patted Amalia's shoulder, "She'll be fine." He promised, and wrapped his arm around her waist as he led her back to the car. Sam was right behind them, but he felt bad for his brother. They'd get over eventually, he was sure. Sooner rather than later, however? Probably not.

()
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Soul 2.0   How to Save a Soul 2.0 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Save a Soul 2.0
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4