Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynx-Tiger

The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 11:29 pm

"You are a bastard. A fucking bastard. I watch you fall from the train you damn jerk. I watched you fall and I..." Steve practically was in tears. He couldn't believe it and until Bucky was warm against his chest and solid, real as he could ever be rather than a figment of a messed up imagination. "You're such a jerk."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 11:33 pm

"Whoa, you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Bucky gave a breathless laugh and then heaved a breath when he was released enough to return the hug with one arm, rubbing his back, "The bar couldn't hold me. The rocking of the train and my jerking around, trying to reach you..." he nuzzled Steve's neck, breathing him in, "God, Steve...were you trying to follow me if I was dead? Dr. Rivera - my physician - told me about the plane you crashed to save New York. You are a dumbass. It was the middle of nowhere and you had no communication. Stark found you, I was told. You looked so /lifeless/ on that bed yesterday...It was terrifying..."

His voice lowered a notch, "I didn't think you would hear my pleas...I was willing to stick around a year until you woke up."
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Steve laughed with a watery sound to his voice. His tears slowly stopping. "I'm sure you would. You stayed by my bedside for a lot longer than that." He shook his head from side to side. "I don't know what I was trying to do, Buck. I was so angry at Hydra...I was willing to do whatever. Dr. Mera, who is my doctor, told me that there was someone in the building who would've been upset if I left them behind. I thought it might've been one of the Howlies. Or someone who heard about us and felt...I don't know...a kinship or something."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:03 am

"I don't know what's up with the Howlies...I'm sure they think we're both dead," Bucky sighed, and nudged Steve so he could look up at him, wiping away a tear, his touch tender, "Dr. Knight told me Peggy would be dropping by later, but I don't know when. Apparently she comes to see you when she can since you were found." He watched his friend's eyes widen, "I know, right? Two in one day. Aren't you lucky."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 9:29 am

Steve laughed, though weakly. "Peggy I can understand. You're still a shock that I don't think I'm going to get over quite yet." He took a breath and shook his head from side to side. "It feels unreal. I was just reading in the newspaper that the war is about to come to an end. I know they always say that, but...I think this time it's true. I don't know if I'll get out fast enough to join the end of the rope and you're definitely probably working on some things too, and I don't want you to leave here while you're still healing."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:51 pm

Since Steve had backed far enough away he shifted and rolled his shoulders, making his jacket slide down his left arm a bit more. Steve was just starting to register that he was alive, real. He didn't want him to feel guilty /all/ over again seeing him as he was, "I haven't gotten the chance to read the paper, but that sounds fantastic!" he smiled to try and keep his attention away from it, "Dr. Rivera says by next week to get away from the climax of World War Two, she and Dr. Knight are going to be stationed back in New York. This could be our chance to go home. All we have to do is ask and I'm sure they can help us set up a flight. I..." he trailed off and took a deep breath, "I've already asked her to do the tests and things she needs in order to fill out a medical discharge form."

If Steve's eyes were the sky, his were like the ocean, and Bucky's eyes were pained like a storm was raging in them, "I don't...I can't go back, Steve, even if you do to help clean up the mess."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 11:36 am

Steve felt his heart break, but he understood. It was so wrong of him to ask Bucky to follow him after Alanzzo. It was also wrong of him to assume, to think that he would want to follow him now. Steve could see how torn up his friend was. He was in a coma for god's sake, and he was recovering. He lost so much during the fall...Steve knew that he shouldn't have asked.

He also knew, that even if he wanted to go back into the fray, to try to help clean up the mess, he wouldn't be able to. The doctors wouldn't allow it, and it's not like he'd listen to them...but he needed to be here for Bucky. He needed his friend to know that he still had his back. "That's alright." He said softly, "I don't think I'm needed anymore anyway." The plane crash, surely that was enough. That was more than enough. "The fight's almost over, I'm certain that Captain America paid his dues and Brooklyn sounds nice right about now. Your sisters are going to be so happy that you get to come home and you're not dead." He paused, "Though...why are you hiding your arm?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 3:50 pm

Shit. Fuck. Crap. Of course he would notice and there was no way he could hide it from /Steve/ of all people. Fidgeting, he sighed and shrugged off his jacket, watching his eyes widen and face pale. "The last thing...I remember before waking up...was when I fell. I caught a ledge, but..." he held his metal arm up and used his flesh hand to drag along where he had the injury, "I hit it here first, under my elbow along the underside of my bisep, then it gouged my forearm and ripped me open all the way to my wrist. Shocked it didn't hit an artery. But anyway, it was dead and I couldn't hold on."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 3:59 pm

Steve felt his cheeks lose all color. "Bucky I'm sorry." He felt his voice break. His friend already went through so much, and to lose his arm in the process? It wasn't a wonder why he didn't want to go back to the war. Not even for Steve. It was just too much. "Fuck..." He looked away, and took a breath. "I'm glad you're alive..." He said sincerely. "I'm so, so fucking glad that you're alive..."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 4:09 pm

"Til the end of the line," Buck smiled forlornly, "I'm glad I'm alive, too. I am glad /you're/ alive. I really don't know what we'd do with ourselves without the other, to be perfectly honest. So...don't look at my arm like its your fault. I think its pretty cool. I just didn't want you to feel like crap all over again. So...I'm sorry for that. At least I don't have a stump and can still use it, right?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 4:25 pm

Steve let out a watery laugh. "You're right about that. You're dad is going to flip. He always liked the Science fiction novels and machines. He's going to want to know everything he can about that arm." His breath hitched. They were going to go home...if he could get the discharge papers for it. It felt like...it felt like it had been too long. Too long since he seen Bucky's little sisters and his parents. Steve had no one in his family to come back home to, but he knew that Bucky's family was good as. "I missed them." He said after a moment. "I didn't realize how much I missed them till I thought about us going back home."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 4:51 pm

"Rebecca will be all over us," Buck grinned brightly, "I bet she's grown into a fine young lady!"

"You two decided to go back?"

Buck whipped around, not realizing the door had opened and Peggy was standing off to the side, watching them intently, "Speaking of fine ladies, I see yours, Steve!"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 5:32 pm

Steve's eyes wandered over to the doorway and his breath was caught and left. Peggy, looking beauitful and dangerous as always, was standing at the door. He felt his heart pound as he smiled at her, though sheepishly. "Yes ma'am." He said after a moment, knowing that he felt a little disappointed that he couldn't continue to follow her. "I think it's about time we ended our fights." He looked at Peggy. "Besides, I hear that the Allies are getting closer and closer to winning the war. Captain America doesn't need to be in the middle of that finale, I don't think."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 5:58 pm

"It would have been the best time, but you're right. The war is still going even without you," Peggy smiled at Steve and stepped closer, Bucky talking his cue to sneak away. Once alone, Peggy took a ragged breath, "You stood me up, Rogers. I don't think I can forgive you for that."

Watching his face fall, she continued, "I am and at the same time I'm not joking. I dont believe I will be going back to America. I thought you died. Everyone but Stark did. I feel awful that I gave up on you, but once I grieved I moved on. I had a war to fight."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 6:29 pm

"Stark is his own man." Steve agreed, looking a little crestfallen. He should have known that he wouldn't be able to hold on to Peggy. A woman like her, he wasn't much. Not at all. "I still love you," he said gently, softly. "You always will be my best girl, Pegs. Regardless of what happens afterwards. I am sorry for standing you up. It's usually the other way around with women."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 7:35 pm

"I still want to stay in touch," Peggy told him firmly, "Once it is all said and done, I am going to try and get an organization called SHIELD running. If you and even your best man, Bucky, become a part of it, I would be very happy. Teresa and Meara, whom I've become good friends with since before you joined the war, even will be invited to be part of the staff. Hydra is still a threat. I don't believe it ever won't be. I want you at the forefront to thwart them like you did before," she grinned.

Then an idea came to her, "You are returning next week with them to New York? I have someone I would like for you to take care of for me."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 8:28 pm

"You know I'd be with you in a heartbeat." Steve told her sincerely. "I never thought Hydra was going to be done and over with just because a war was won." He looked over at Bucky, paused, and then looked back at Peggy. "Though I can't answer for Buck, Peg. He's been through too much. I don't want to put him through more. That being said, I can take care of someone for you. Who is it?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 8:51 pm

(Buck snuck away to give them privacy, he knows Peggy basically ignores him)

"Its not like I'm asking you to sign up tomorrow, or even sign up at all. Just to consider my offer. You'll need a job," Peggy shrugged, "Meara has a daughter. Kerica. She was only 18-19 before Meara was shipped here, so she's around 23 now. We got really close, the three of us - the third being Teresa. We are independent, strong, opinionated women in a world where we aren't seen as more than damsels in distress. Kerica joked we were in our own club. She'll be disappointed I'm not returning. I think shell like the stories you have to tell of me, like punching that dirtbag back in training?" She smiled at the memory.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 9:04 pm

Steve laughed, shaking his head. "Yeah, I can pass those stories by. She'll be highly disappointed in seeing my ugly mug though, than your beautiful face. So whatever complaint she has with me, I'll make sure to let her know that she can pass them on to you."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 10:18 pm

"I commend you for sweet-talking me this whole time, Steve," Peggy chuckled softly, "Your mug isn't ugly. Your friend, though, he could use a little work. I always did like blonds over dark-haired men, though," she winked at him, "Just send me letters keeping me up to date on Kerica. Maybe you can take her on that dance for me, instead?" she shook her head and then murmured, "I am very glad you are alive, Steve. You take care of yourself, you hear me? No more martyrdom." She leaned up and gave him a soft peck on the lips, "One for the road." With that, she turned around and left his hospital room.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 1:24 am

There was no one there to greet them except two women. One was more a ginger and the other a brunette. Bucky was struck by how the brunette almost looked like Peggy, but there were a bunch of differences as well. The other girl lit a smile on Bucky's face, "REBECCA!" He dropped his bag in the hallway and jogged closer.

"BUCKY! STEVE! YOU'RE FINALLY HOME!" Rebecca screamed and bolted for him. Buck got down on one knee and held his arms out wide. She didn't pause her step even as she saw metal glinting in the light. She just slammed into him full-bore, knocking them over and squealed with laughter as he rolled them back and forth.

"Dad," the brunette was calmer but she did also run over to Meara who had been walking along with the two soldiers, Teresa at his side.

"Kerica," Meara held her tightly, having also dropped his bag, and he kissed her forehead, "I missed you, I am so sorry I left you behind. You got all my cards, though, right?"

"Of course! Every birthday and Christmas since 1941," Kerica assured.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 1:44 pm

"Rebe, where's Ally?" Steve asked, feeling a pout come on his lips. He couldn't think that Bucky's younger sister wouldn't come by to say hello. He wouldn't have blamed her, the last time they talked Allison threw a gasket when Bucky left, and when Steve didn't say goodbye. Now /that/ was a letter no Howling Commando ever forgot. Her ink had sprayed across the page, obviously trying to put forward her very intimate feelings about how she felt them leaving.

After all, Allison was highly convinced that they were going to come home in a box. Not that Steve blamed her. Horror stories of the wars and people not coming home was enough. Still, it broke Steve's heart. Out of all the Barnes' siblings, Bucky not included in this, Allison was Steve's favorite. They were the ones that could look at each other, silently, and already have three conversations by the time Bucky and Rebe finished with one.

He also took time to note Kerica, the young woman hugging her dad. This was someone that Peggy wanted him to meet. However, he was no way going to be rude and try to barge his way through a welcome home ceremony. He also couldn't help but to notice that Teresa didn't have anyone coming by to say hello to her. No family. "Teresa where's your family?"

"Oh, they live far away." Teresa said contently. "They probably couldn't get here on time, my mom has the worst idea of a calendar and my father has a bad since of time. Put those two in a room together, it's amazing we can plan anything, let alone get together."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 2:01 pm

"It's true, I even reminded them yesterday," Kerica laughed as she and Meara pulled away from each other, "We kept contact on and off, since she'd send them letters telling them how she was and they'd let me know when they got them. Besides that and Christmas cards, Teresa's family is very flighty."

"Ally saw the plane land and walked off somewhere. Either the bathroom to cry her eyes out the millionth time in a row, or to get us drinks and snacks," Rebecca told Steve as she and Bucky finally sat up, his legs bent around her limply but his arms still secure, holding her to his chest, "She didn't want to come, but I triumphantly dragged her here after Momma shoved her out the door." She glanced over and pointed at Kerica, "She's been keeping us company! I like her." She said like there was no room for argument.

"Haha, thank you," Kerica blushed a bit, "Just a matter of right place, right time." She bowed to Bucky and Steve, "Nice to meet you."

"You've been spending way too much time with Riichi," Meara laughed, "You can still shake their hands."

"Ah...I didn't even realize!" Kerica's face turned even brighter red, "Riichi /did/ move into our house, Otou-san, so of course I've been spending a lot of time with him." She watched as Bucky and Rebecca got to their feet, and she outstretched her hand to him.

"A Japanese person?" Bucky furrowed his brows in confusion, shaking her hand firmly, impressed by her strong grip in return, not a limp one like a lot of women. She did wear a pair of men's black slacks, he finally noticed, while her shirt was still a simple red blouse.

"My martial arts instructor," Kerica explained easily.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 2:11 pm

"That's always handy." Steve said as he shook Kerica's hand, also impressed by the grip. "You were talked of highly by Peggy Carter. She told me that I was supposed to share stories of the frontlines with you."

Before Kerica could respond, everyone heard something just drop and they turned to see that there was a young woman, dressed in a beautiful dress with her hair pulled back and her eyes soulful and searching. Around her feet was bottles of water and packets of crackers that had fallen from her grip. Rebe wasn't wrong, Allison looked like she had been through the ringer. Her eyes swollen and her cheeks clearly tear stained.

"Your home." Her voice quivered and broke. "For good?" She looked scared, like if she tried to run to them, they'd just disappear before she could hold on to them. It broke Steve's heart.

"For as good as it can get." Steve said and it was all Allison needed for her to step over the dropped goodies and rush into Steve's chest, burying her face into his shoulder as she wept.

"You're all big and you're not small anymore." Allison whined.

Steve didn't mean to, but he tossed a very smug look over at Bucky. His baby sister hugged him first, Steve was /so/ going to rub that in Bucky's face later.

Teresa could only smile at the sight, her heart swelled. It was such a nice, big family.

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Bucky stuck his tongue out at Steve in return, but honestly wasn't upset nor surprised. What he /was/ surprised about, that took his breath away, was that Ally was so /gorgeous/, her dark hair swept up so nicely, her dress preened and proper, her heeled shoes making her legs look miles long. Rebecca had had shape before he left, so the biggest change was her face had slimmed to look more adult-like. Yet she looked the most like their father, ginger hair and freckled cheeks, and was definitely daddy's girl. Allison...Allison was the spitting image of their mother, with their father's nose and eyes, and he could tell with one look that their Momma had taken the time to get her all prettied up.

"Steve just filed for a leave of absence, but the war is coming to a close, so he doubts he'll go back anyhow after his leave is up," Bucky told Ally and Rebecca, "Teresa did help me fill out medical discharge papers, though, so I'm certainly not going anywhere."

"That's great!" Rebecca cheered, her second hug on him just as tight as the first, "I'm so glad! Our boys are home!" She pulled away and clapped excitedly, going to pick up the bottles and snacks Ally had dropped.

Kerica came over and helped her out, before she looked up and responded to Steve, "Peggy looks out for me like a mom would. I liked that about her, but I'm not a child anymore. If you want to share stories, that's fine, but I don't mind. Really. I would...like to get to know you more, though? I mean...you and Peggy were close, she'd send me letters about you, so...I'm curious to know who you are."

Now it was /Bucky's/ turn to give Steve a sly smirk. He really had become a ladies man since he got all beefed up, but watching Steve's reaction made him glad Steve still didn't know how to talk to girls properly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring   The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The First Avenger AU - Apple Pie Life? That's Boring
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next