Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:26 pm

“I don’t understand why you’re taking me out in the city.” Draco said as they walked along the busy streets. Instead wearing traditional garb, Draco had put on jeans and a graphic t-shirt, his eyes wandering around the city restlessly. “It’s not like I know anything about rings and women’s jewelry one, and two, I need to finish that bracelet that I’m making for Sam. Do you know how long that shit takes? Hours! Days if I wanted to be traditional about it!”

"Because Steve's the one who mentioned rings and Nyah told me she'd like to follow some of my traditions, but I want /your/ help to find one that fits /your/ culture with all those colors and stuff," Bucky explained while he fingered his own bracelet, "I'd started Nyah's after you brought Natalia because she helped me figure it out, but then shit got real and I forgot about it. I might finish that tonight and give it to her for Christmas, let this be Steve's moment."

"You didn't have to make one for her back." Draco's eyes softened and Steve glanced back over at Draco and curiosity. "What colors did you make the bracelet with?" He questioned before turning to Steve. "Are you really going to get a /ring/?"

"Yeah." Steve nodded looking confused. "What do you guys do when you want to marry someone?"

"We ask them then marry them." Draco replied simply. "We don't need a....gesture like a jewelry or things like that. I suppose if you /wanted/ to be outlandish, you could. But we normally just exchange trinkets." He sighed. "Do you have any idea of what kind of ring you'll get her?"

"Something simple...nothing too..." Steve thought about the word. "Huge and gaudy. Those diamonds are supposed to look pretty not look like it's the only thing on the band. I really don't know. I'm hoping that I walk into a store, see one, and fall in love with it."

"Please do not fall in love with an inanimate object. Nothing bodes well when that happens." Draco frowned.

"Not literally!"

"Blue, pink and yellow are the colors," Buck listed, chuckling to himself, "So my giving Nyah a bracelet would mean I'm asking her to marry me all the same?" He'd have to give it to her early if that was the case, but he was still going to do his own proposal.

"Oh those are...." Draco whistled at the colors, smiling gently. "She'd like that a lot. Probably would top the gift I have for her." He sighed softly. "No. No. Unless you ask the question, nothing's considered a proposal." He assured, "Right now, it's just you being /really/ nice in giving her a courtship bracelet back. It's..." He shook his head from side to side. "It means a lot. To us, it means you'll go far and beyond for her. Especially since you're an outsider, this is...very strange for us, too. I say "us" because the Elder is especially shocked. Nyah wrote home." He explained hastily, in case Bucky got freaked out at the idea. "She wanted to tell the Elder her mission was accomplished, but was healing from a..." He shrugged helplessly.

Steve grinned a little at the words. "Bucky does that just so the girls don't get angry with him when he high-tails it and run. He wouldn't do that to Nyah though. I never thought colors could be so significant. For an artist, it can make or break a drawing. I never heard of it being so entangled in culture before. Not like this."

"It's a bit refreshing, isn't it?" Buck enjoyed it, at least, "What colors are your bracelet for Sam? And...what does the Elder have to say about me?" he shifted a bit, hoping for the best.

Draco smiled warmly. "Well, Sam's a character. I chose yellow for joy. Blue for harmony. Green for nature. and I chose white for serenity. I'm going to border the bracelet with brown. Normally that's not the /best/ color for a courting bracelet, but it is about the earth and he /is/ the embodiment of it. Therefore, I'll bend the rules." He paused. "As for the Elder, she was....a bit shocked really that Nyah chose to love an outsider however, she wrote and said that she knew that Nyah wouldn't have found any type of love in the Atrum. She is doomed to die fast after all. She trusts Nyah's judgement, she's never been wrong yet. She is considering having you come to the compound, so she can meet you face to face. Especially if you're serious about loving her." He frowned. "She was also hurt that Nyah lost a child. She said that it's a shame that Nyah's chance to pass her legacy was lost. She worries that it might've been on her only chance. Negative, I know." He smiled sadly. "But Nyah's a very powerful soul-healer. One we didn't think we'd be lucky to have. Our Elder has a firm belief that's why Nyah's heart is weak. To be powerful, you must give up something in return to the Universe. Sometimes...that's your own timeline."

"Very philosophical," Bucky murmured, "Aren't the Atrum hidden? Wouldn't me going there put them in danger?" he didn't want to cause any problems for their people. Believing that Nyah's chance at children was her only one made him a bit upset. He wasn't going to let her die. He was strong, their bond was strong. She could feed off of him and he wouldn't bat an eye or say a word. He vaguely realized that sounded a bit vampire-ish, but whatever. He'd gotten better at manipulating his energy since knowing her and all of their sessions to push passed the block. Maybe not now, but later they were bound to try again and he would do whatever it took to see her through.

"You will be one of the few Outsiders that would know where we are yes." Draco said slowly. "However, if you marry one of us...you automatically /become/ one of us. So you'd have to know where the village is. Also, if you and Nyah attempt again...Nyah's bound to want to give birth at home. Probably. Fuck if I know that. But I /do/ know that if she wants to go home, she's taking you with and I do not want her to fight with the Elder on whether or not you can be there. Because Nyah's temper is not something I want to go up against. Even if it /is/ fast."

"I wouldn't want to go up against a pregnant woman regardless of temper." Steve scratched his cheek. "Your mother was /terrifying/ when she was pregnant with Allison, Bucky. Jesus."

It struck him and Bucky barked a laugh, "I /remember/! Geez, she was usually so sweet but it was like she was PMSing /all/ the time and I think I remember her admitting she had crazier cravings with Ali than she ever did with me or Becca, too."

"Did you know that she married a Kelly?" Steve couldn't help but to ask as they finally walked into the first jewelry store that they saw. Already, Steve was hating it. It looked all costume and fake. He doubted he'd find something here so they moved one to the next one, thankfully not too far away. "They were super rich, even during the Depression from bootlegged alcohol and speakeasies. Not to mention the gay bar they ran if you remember them."

"A gay bar? In the 40s?" Buck's jaw dropped at Steve, "I don't. I must've been focused on the war at the time to take notice of much. I do remember Ali marrying...though wasn't I already overseas? I couldn't go, but she sent a letter...right?" Memories from that long ago he still questioned himself, but Steve was always ready to confirm or deny.

"Yeah Buck. They admitted that they wanted to wait for you, but they weren't sure if you'd appreciate that or not. They promised to do a re-marriage ceremony just for you and me when we got back." Steve smiled softly. "His name was Nicky. He was the artistic one. A lot crazier than we ever were. They have great-grand children." He smiled a little. "Becca does too. Married modestly, to I think his name was William. William Proctor though I'm not sure. Has a good size family too. Decently well-off."

Buck was aware of a relieved sigh as he racked his brain, remembering these things slowly with each name and trivia Steve sent his way, "Rebecca did send me a letter saying she had a boyfriend...they must've married after...yeah. After all that happened. I'm really happy my sisters made it in life. Thanks, Steve."

"Though that being said," Steve opened the door to the next jewelry area and this time felt a bit calmer. At this wasn't a whole bunch of costume and fake things like the other store had. "I think it's our turn to make it."

"And dragging an innocent boy behind you." Draco commented a little dry but his humor was crinkled at the corner of his eyes.

"We're saving you a sore back, be grateful." Steve retorted as he started looking through the cases, humming softly as he peered at the different kinds of rings.

They wandered around for a while Steve going his own way with his own ideas and Bucky stared down at the intricate sparkling ones in a certain case, "What about that one, Draco?" he asked the bored man, finally catching his attention. He pointed down towards a bronzy-gold type of ring with an orange stone in the middle with the metal curling up and down and blue gems scattered in it. It was a mixture of things, but he just wasn't sure.

"Orange and blue?" Draco blinked at the ring for a moment before frowning. "Do you want to know what I think of it or do you want to know what it means?"

"Both?" Bucky looked up at him with pleading eyes.

"I'll tell you what it means first." Draco offered as he looked down at the colors. "The copper tone would be like a brown so that's earth. Orange has many different types of meaning. Health. Good fortune. Luck. Orange combined with any color turns into a prayer. So a orange blue like this one, would be a prayer for forgiveness, trust, and harmony depending on what it is. A ring like this...hmmm....it sounds more like you're saying sorry than proposing to her in my opinion. As for how it looks. It looks...well... it's /pretty/."

Steve had to choke back a laugh. It sounded like to him that Draco thought it was anything /but/, but then again he wondered why brown would be considered such a weird color to us. Brown meant earth...wasn't Nyah earthy? Well, no. Steve had to take that back. She was more vivid color than anything. Browns wouldn't look well on her. Though orange and blue, he seen her in blue, but orange...she could pull it off. Especially with her hair color.

It wasn't /the one/. Buck's eyes narrowed a fraction and he stood up, moving to a different case entirely, "Something else, then..." he muttered. Something bright, beautiful. Silver instead of gold, perhaps. If Draco's breath was caught then he would be on the right track. Changing courses, he glanced at Steve, "Do you have anything you want me to look at?"

"Not really, but take a look and see if I'm on the right track." Steve gestured for Bucky to come over to his side of the store and pointed out a carved gold band that had a ruby stuck on the middle of it. The edges were rose-gold and sometimes around the intricate design there was a diamond or two placed.

"...the ruby's nice. It's her favorite color," Buck said absently as he grimaced at it, "The golds don't match." He shook his head.

"Which gold do you think I should go for. The rose?" Steve asked as his eyes started to wander the tray again to see if he could find anything.

"The rose, or the regular if it's not so harshly bright," Bucky agreed, "Keep with ruby." He went back on his own search until Steve called him again. He just wasn't having any luck here. He'd suggest a different store once his best pal did a bit more digging.

"What do you think of this one?" Steve asked once he found another. This one had a sharp edge to the rose god band. But the center was mostly a huge diamond and on the sides had two rubies surrounded by a diamond on either side of it. He winced at the look Bucky gave him. "What?"

"Okay. It's nice and all...but I take it back. I don't think rose gold is good at all. No diamonds. Stop with the diamonds." Buck shook his head vigorously.

"They're tradition!" Steve protested.

"Is Kerica traditional?" Bucky retorted.

Why the hell would a /rock/ be tradition was /beyond/ Draco's knowledge. But he had to agree with Bucky. That was bad.

"No..." Steve said dejectedly as he went back searching. "I don't think I'm gonna find anything in this store...let's try another. Maybe less diamond-y for your taste."

"For all of our tastes." Draco agreed, earning a look from Steve. "It's a rock!"

And so to a new store they went, Draco grumbling about 'stupid rocks' under his breath the whole way. Immediately Bucky liked the look of the store. It was brightly lit, the cases clear all around and more /of/ them, with a large square int he middle and up against the walls. "Wonderful! Let's see what we can scrounge up!"

"Who am I watching over?" Draco asked before Bucky grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him with him. "Oh never mind answered my own question."

There were so many pretty silver rings here and Bucky was giddy. He loved the opal design on some with the many different colors. Perhaps that was what he should go for! Ideas ran through his head as he glanced though the several different cases.

"Hey Bucky check this thing out." Steve called him before Bucky really had much look. He pointed out a black ring that had leaves decorated the sides of it. On the sides was little dots had ruby and sapphire leading up to the the gem in the middle. It was gothic, and just...Steve could imagine Kerica squealing over this.

"Were you thinking of her Panther Costume? Because that is badass as fuck but you're not having a /gothic wedding/, Steve," Bucky said firmly though was highly amused, "I like the mix of ruby and sapphire, but that's just way too dark. The intricate design is interesting."

"A little." Steve smiled lightly. "But I was actually thinking of the sapphire and ruby. You think that's a good mix? Rather than the diamonds?"

"Well, /yeah/. Blue's your favorite color, after all," Buck grinned widely at Steve glad to see he was feeling better about his choices, "A ring that symbols both of you is a great idea."

"Alright." Steve took a deep breath and started looking again. "Any luck finding your ring?"

"Closer," Buck agreed and he went back to the case he had been at before. He waved Draco over who was just browsing his phone now, not even caring but he sighed as he sauntered to join him, "What about that one?!" It was simple but colorful, the mystic stone in the shape of a heart, the band silver but thick enough that it had what looked like pink opal strips of stone on either side of the gem.

"Well, it's a little pink. Which is good." Draco said slowly. "I mean you're not praying anything. The heart is a bit...tacky though. Pink's enough. I mean, how many times do you got to drive it home that you love her?"

"True, true, I getcha," Buck nodded, rubbing his chin and stubble, "It's much better than the last one, though, yeah? Right track?"

"You're very much on the right track." Draco pointed at the pink. "It doesn't just mean love. It means family and faith too. I suggest combining it with another color that's /not/ orange."

"Wonderful, I'm glad," Buck was bouncing on his feet as he moved around the room, going towards the inner circle where the obviously more expensive rings were but that was okay. T'Challa was very happy for both of them. He ended up bumping into Steve who was contemplating with that 'not sure but I like it' face. "What's up, pal?" He glanced down past his arm but couldn't lock onto whatever it was Steve was so intent on.

"I like this one." Steve pointed over at the rose colored band with just a single ruby in the middle. What was neat about this ring though was that it had two triquetra on either side of the ruby.

"/Oh/, Stevie..." Bucky found it and he placed his hand on Steve's back, rubbing gentle circles, "This one's lovely. You're Irish is coming out," he teased watching Steve's face color, "It's a bit /too/ simple, though, don't you think?"

Steve wanted to groan but he frowned. "Maybe something a little different then...but I'm keeping the Irish theme. I don't care if I find something with blue on it." He said stubbornly as he walked starting searching a little harder.

"Hey I /liked/ the blue idea, remember?" Buck laughed and shook his head, deciding to follow him instead of continue his own search. "I firmly believe Kerica's going to love it if you pick something closer to home."

Steve smiled bashfully. "No luck with yours? Do you need any advice or do you need to rely on Draco?" He teased lightly. "I don't want you to feel like you have to be split between me and your search."

"I'm fine," Buck promised, "Draco was a lot more pleased with my last pick. I'm a lot closer than you were," he patted his shoulder, "Come on, we're going to make your best girl /swoon/."

"Next store then?" Steve asked as he pulled away from the selection. "Maybe we'll find something for the both of us there?"

"A few more minutes." This was a big store and he didn't want to give up too soon. Still....at least ten more minutes went by and nothing. Even if he really liked the store, they moved on. This time it was smaller, but more...homey. Personal and inviting rather than sparkling and rich. Steve had his hands shoved in his pockets and was looking a bit forlorn. He focused on finding his, more intent this time than before. He wanted to lift Steve's spirits after being shot down so many times. A sparkling pink caught his eye and he back-tracked, peering down and he furrowed his brows. He actually waved over a store clerk for once and asked to see it up close. When Draco came over on his own accord out of sheer curiosity since he hadn't asked first, he whipped around and shoved it in Draco's face, "THIS ONE!"

Draco gently pulled the ring out of his face so he could see it better. It was a gorgeous pink stone with white/silver edging around a multicolor blue band that looked like it could sparkle in the sunlight. He smiled. "Yes." He agreed.

"Steve, c'mere, look at it," Buck waved him over this time and smiled brightly, "This is what happens when you fall in love with a ring and think it's the perfect one," he told Draco, and he handed it to Steve, "It's beautiful, yeah?"

"It's gorgeous." Steve grinned brightly. "She's going to go over the moon with it." He patted Bucky on the back before looking away and searching again for a good ring. He was glad that his friend found something, but it was starting to feel a little hopeless. Maybe he should go back to the other store, and find that simple ring and give it to Kerica. At the same time, he was completely determined to find a ring that just /screamed/ at him like it did for Bucky.

Bucky paid for the ring, wincing a little at the price mentally but knowing it was alright. Once he had the lovely green velvet box securely in his pocket, followed Steve around, but he was certain this was the store for them. If he found his ring, Steve would, too. "You've been getting a lot warmer. We can do this."

"Maybe." Steve said after a moment as he looked at the store. "Hey, maybe this?" He winced a little at how gaudy it was though. It was two flowers one on top of another in an open band. One was ruby the other was sapphire. "I don't know..."

"Okay, punk, now you're just being desperate. They're /flowers/," Bucky made a face, "Silver's good, we can always save gold for the wedding bands. Red and blue-check, but you /told me/ you're keeping the Irish thing. Maybe follow a branch off that path and similar lines? I haven't seen a whole lot of Celtic stuff, really, but you know what you're after."

Steve thought about it for a while before snapping his fingers and started hunting down what he thought. Maybe rose gold wasn't a good idea for the ring, but silver..silver was traditional and if he knew his traditions well... "That." He said after a moment.

"That was quick. What did you find?" Buck sauntered over and glanced at what his friend was pointing at firmly, determination set on his face. A claddagh ring. All silver except where the heart under the crown would be. Half the heart was a blue sapphire, the other half a red ruby. His breath caught and he lit up. "Love, friendship and loyalty, isn't that right?"

"Yeah, and it can be passed down. The ways the ring's worn can mean things differently too." Steve smiled a little relieved. "I want this." He told the shopkeeper and he didn't wince all that much when the numbers came back to him. He paid the amount, smiling at the red box that it was in and he looked at Bucky. "Looks like we found our rings."

Draco merely shook his head. "Please let Sam be sensible and no rocks."

The way Steve cradled his box made Buck's heart swell and he hugged Steve with one arm, "Let's get out of here, then, and go home."

~*~
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:29 am

"Is /this/ why you were acting like a grumpy baby until I massaged your back?" Sam questioned Draco as he admired his bracelet, the white, blue, green and yellow woven into a chevron pattern just like Buck's with a brown leather securing the sides instead of black, "This is so cool!"

"Thanks." Draco smiled brightly as he danced inside his head mentally. Even though they were starting off with a slow burn, he could begin to hear the faint drumming sound and a flute playing. He was pretty certain that this man was going to be his own intended. "I'm glad you liked it. I had to stop and go a lot because I was being dragged around the city to unfamiliar places and what not." He frowned a moment. "Later we're talking about your weird tradition with rocks. But not now."

"Is Clint no longer your go-to for culture trivia?" Sam smirked at him, but he was more than okay with that. The party was in full swing, champagne and wine passed around in fancy glasses, T'Challa and a few of his people mingling with the rest of them. They were all dressed up, some a bit more flashy than others, Pietro in a bright blue sweater with white snowflakes across the chest and trim, Jayden in a matching blue maxi dress that swished around her legs. Natasha was a vision in green velvet with a teasing neckline and Slate was keepin' it classy in black slacks and dark blue button-down. Wanda also had a sweater on, a beautiful deep red with a reindeer in the middle of the chest and white cuffs.

Clint was gone to be with his family as was Scott, T'Challa sneaking them out last-minute as his own Christmas Surprise and they would be away for a whole week until after New Years. Bucky was in a burgundy colored buttoned shirt with a black sweater-vest that had small holly leaves scattered over it and he was dancing with Kerica who, Sam admitted, even took his own breath away in the white dress she wore that went to her knees, flowing just as Jayden's did, but it had long sleeves and a gentler v-neck that just barely teased at cleavage unlike Natasha's, a silver heart locket necklace he'd seen on her a few times before donning her neck. Her hair was swept up in a classic up-do from back in the day with Natasha's help, a sparkling ruby and diamond clip keeping it in place.

"Why go to him when I now have you?" Draco countered easily enough as his own eyes wandered the room. He saw Nyah and Steve sitting together. On Nyah's lap was the bright red outfit that the Elder had given to her in honor. It was one of the highest honors given, and it took her out of the battlefield. She was recovering from her tear-fest, Steve murmuring to her about...something or another. It made him happy that he was no longer just the only one Nyah had for a soulmate. She had many more. He looked away from Steve and Nyah and turned to Sam. "After Christmas, I'm going to go home for a while." He admitted to Sam. "And I was wondering...not if you'd come with me....but if it's alright I mention that I'm courting you to the Elder. She likes to know things...but it's no skin off of my back if you don't want me to say anything to her."

Sam seriously contemplated it, as a quick answer wasn't good. It was still a bit strange to him. They hadn't done more than small shy kisses, even though he'd been pretty haughty after his song. He liked kissing Draco. It was those petal-soft lips, man. Draco had a great sense of humor to counter his own, rolling with his punches easily much like Steve and Buck did. His morals and character were wonderful, and they'd had a few discussions since then as well. They way he thought was refreshing and new and oftentimes mirrored his own just in different words. "Sure," he said after a while and gave him a tender smile, placing his hand on his shoulder. He was working himself up to more romantic touches, but for now this was satisfactory, "I don't mind. I want to see where this leads us and in the end, for better or for worse, friendship is the best foundation stone for a romantic relationship, and you're a great friend so far, so I think we'll be alright as we explore the possibilities. I trust you."

Draco nearly shook with gratitude. He placed his hands in prayer and brought them to his head, then his throat, and this his heart. "I'm thankful for that trust. I hope you know I trust you, too." He smiled brightly and blinked when he watched Steve quietly stride away from the couch towards where the music was playing. "What in the world is he up to?"

Buck also noticed and Kerica followed his eyes, their dance slowing but not quite stopping, "What...?" She saw Bucky's face and eyes light up as if sparklers were going off, and she was /really/ confused, "/Bucky/, do you know what's going on?"

"Of /course/ I do," Buck twirled her to distract her, earning a squeak, "But I'm not telling you. That's cheating."

Once Steve got his request in, he walked over to Bucky and tapped him on the shoulder. "May I cut in?" He asked, his eyes twinkling a little as he knew Bucky would agree. However, probably not without giving him a hard time or two.

It was a game, and Bucky spun himself and Kerica around in a circle, "Think you can do better?" he teased.

"I think I can try." Steve countered. "I could always ask Nyah instead. I know she'd love to dance with me." His eyes twinkled in mirth. "Or we could have Kerica judge whose the better dancer. If it's you, I'll treat you to dinner. If it's me? You /owe/ me."

"Hmm...I think those are acceptable terms," Bucky winked at Steve and then kissed Kerica on the forehead before stepping away, offering her to him, "Have at it," and with that the twinkling tones of Steve's song started playing.

"Nyah's been giving me lessons." Steve finally admitted to Kerica as he took her in his arms and positioned her right and started gliding with her, moving her and leading, being careful to look at her in the eye, not at his feet and trust that whatever move he did, she'd follow too.

A rush of surprised breath left her lungs and she blinked wide-eyes at him, though she was light in his arms and even in her shock she didn't miss the beat. The song, Dreaming of a White Christmas, registered her expression changed to one of delight, "We just watched this the other day!" she giggled softly and knowing he was /really/ okay with this, she let herself relax, flowing even more smoothly with his movements. Several others started dancing around them, she vaguely noticed in her peripheral vision. Her father and Teresa, Buck ever the dancer swept Nyah up, followed by Draco and Sam with Sam being the leader. Slate eagerly pleading with Nat who playfully was hard-to-get before agreeing. Pietro bounced to drag J.J. into his arms as well, and lastly T'Challa was courteous enough to pull Wanda to dance with him so she wouldn't be left out among all the couples. It was beautiful and surreal and Kerica /beamed/ a million-watt smile up at her boyfriend.

Steve was gleeful that this was making her happy and sped up a little, just to show that he could and that he wouldn't tumble over. He grinned at her laugh, his heart swelling and he just /knew/ that he made this night magical. He /knew/ that this moment couldn't get any better than this, and yet...it was going to. He just knew.

"You have made me /so/ happy right now, Steve. You have /no/ idea," Kerica hummed softly to the song. They were about halfway through it and she had pretty much melted into his body, the lot of them moving around each other with the slow song, enjoying the sound of the instruments. It was dreamy, the sweeping way he moved her around the room, and it was so /easy/ to follow his lead, flowing with him in tandem.

"Really?" Steve asked, feeling his chest swell with pride. "So does that mean that there's no way I can top this?"

Steve sounded a bit cocky, and that immediately made Kerica arch a brow at him, "I've been wanting to dance with you for a long time, but I wouldn't force it on you if you're so uncomfortable with it. This is such a pleasant surprise. So...I dunno. It'd be pretty hard to top this euphoria."

"And if I told you that I think I probably could? What would you do?" He gave her a particularly deliberate spin, holding her hand tight in his as she spun right back into his arm, jerking just a bit as he didn't give much give to the hold he caught her in, chest to chest, eyes boring down into hers, flashing a cheeky smile.

Her throat tightened and she felt her stomach flutter. Dancing with Steve was a dream come true, so...what else was there? Her mind was drawing a complete blank, but he sounded so /sure/ of himself and the way he looked at her reminded her of when they sang that Anastasia song. He was holding her so tight yet gentle, protecting and loving and she dare say a bit possessive. Heart pounding, she shook her head,  "Steve," Kerica's lips were pursed together but she was fighting a smile, "Just /what/ is going on?"

"I have a question." Steve stopped the dance, but carefully kept her close. "A question that's been on my mind for some time. We have been the most painful, oblivious people in the world and we're probably always going to be. But what kicked my ass into gear about even starting something with you, let alone having faith that I know that my question isn't going to go unanswered, is by watching my best friend and his lover. I couldn't figure out, how they could do the things they did. But you saved her life and I fell for you harder than I ever could. And I watched them suffer a loss I could've sworn would've torn them apart, but they grew stronger and I knew I wanted that for us. I want a bond no one can break. I want a relationship and faith so strong, nothing will tear at it. It's like the song we sang together. I want to be there when the tough gets going, and I want you to be at my six because as much as I love Bucky, he has someone else who needs him. And she needs him....so much more than I do. I need you, so much more than I need him." He slowly got to his knee, pulling out the box. "So I'm asking you this question, not because of some stupid envy you might think I have, or some sort of obligation. I'm asking because I want you to know that I pick you. Every time. All the time. Hands down bars none, no one can tell me anything to stop me from making you mine. I want to marry you. I want you to be the mother of my children and I want you to be my friend for however long we have. I want you at my side, for as long as we live." He opened the box, taking a deep breath. "So, Kerica Knight, will marry me?"

During his speech about watching Buck and Nyah grow and come together, then wanting her and only her and saying he needed /her/ more than /Bucky/ had made her already look like a dumbstruck fool because of her jaw hanging loose like the screws had been loosened, and then it promptly shut as she covered her mouth to stifle a scream when he went down on his knee, red box produced and her eyes wide like saucers as she saw the /gorgeous/ claddagh ring with each half of the heart representing them and the tears burst forth and suddenly she was /really/ glad Nat had used /waterproof/ makeup. "Steve..." she choked out finally, her hands lowering from her mouth to her chest, "Steve.../Steve/, oh..." she collapsed in front of him and grasped his hands, staring at him in utter disbelief and love and she just felt like the world had stopped, revolving only around them, "Yes...God, yes...you, only you," she promised back breathlessly, her brain unable to fire long enough to think of anything else to say.

"That is why I need you to tell me about rocks." Draco told Sam seriously on the sidelines. "I can't tell if she's crying over the type of rock that was picked or the intentions behind said rock. They remind me of how mermaids court each other. Rocks and shiny objects."

Sam elbowed him as Steve took the ring out and discarded the box, taking her hand in his, "Shut /up/, we can talk about it /later/," he hissed. He was sure no one was glowing just as much as either Steve or Kerica, but he, Bucky, and Meara were all so /proud/. Even T'Challa was puffed up, as Steve had become a close friend to him as well.

Once the ring was firm on Kerica's finger, Steve dove in for a kiss, that was hot and searing and filled with love and promise. When he pulled away, he murmured against her lips, "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, indeed," Kerica sniffed, though the tears had slowed and she was grinning brightly again. She kissed him sweetly before throwing her arms around his neck, just wanting to hold him when Bucky broke the silence and gave loud shout.

"WHOO! Let's hear it for Captain America and his new /Miss America/!" Bucky cheered just like he had way back when Steve had saved him and everybody from the pits of Hell. Steve really was amazing and now he had an equally amazing woman by his side and he wouldn't want it any other way.

~*~

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:46 am

Kerica had long taken out her hair clip because she didn't want to get a headache, and now the chestnut locks were in waves over her back and shoulders. The party had been a complete success but by the time half the group was drunk, Bucky and Nyah had tapped out. Without Buck there, Steve had begun to drift, but not in the bad sort of way. Buck kept him on his toes and she was too dreamy in her own right to keep him at attention. With the way they were attached at the hip and the soft squeezes he'd give every once in a while, she knew it was about her, anyway. Finally, they took their leave as well at about midnight and he walked her all the way to her room, bliss written all over his face and a bounce in his step. She was matching, though.

At her door she felt a little awkward. What now? Just go to bed like normal? With a little shrug to herself she looked up at him, "Thank you, for escorting me," she knew how much he liked being the gentleman, "You better have sweet dreams tonight or I swear I'm going to punch you, braveheart."

"I was wondering...." Steve took a breath and let it out. "May I come in?" He smiled a little. "I don't want this night to be over so quick."

Kerica's shoulders dropped in relief, and she easily opened the door, "Neither do I," she admitted and once she stepped through she kicked her shoes off, sighing. She could wear high heels all day, but it was always so nice to be barefoot. She turned around as he closed the door behind him, "Everything has been so wonderful. /You/ have been wonderful. Seriously, I never would have guessed /this/," she cradled her hand to her heart, fiddling the ring, "You definitely topped the dance."

“I feel like I could do more, but I don’t want to pressure you.” Steve said as he toed off his dress shoes and took off his snowflake sweater. Underneath was a vest and a button down white shirt. He blushed a little as he unbuttoned the collar. “I know I’m a bit over dressed.” He admitted. “But I had planned to take the sweater off before the dance…I just forgot about it.” He folded his sweater before he set it aside somewhere on the ground.

"That's alright, it was warm outside so the coolers were blasting extra hard. Really glad my dress is long-sleeved..." she fidgeted just a bit, "Just what /more/ could you do, Steve? You keep setting the bar and wondering if you can reach just a little bit higher." Kerica wondered if she should get undressed and throw on a nightgown, but she really didn't want to leave his side. She reached out and rubbed her hand over his arm, "You don't /have/ to do anything else. Trust me, you've blown my mind pretty efficiently."

“I don’t have to.” Steve agreed. “But I want to.” He cupped her cheek, his hand trailing to the back of her skull and pulling her towards him for a heated kiss. His other hand gripping her side tightly, pressing her against him without much distance.

Kerica released a soft 'mmph' and gasped against his lips before melting into him. The heated kisses of before were...nothing like this. Putting the ring on her finger was like he unlocked something, and instead of expecting him to pull away before it got too deep, she gripped at his shoulders, pressing harder...when her mind clicked on something and she wanted to shove it away. Not now, why now? But if she didn't say anything, she was going to go crazy. His mouth chased her as she moved back and she giggled a bit, heady with the feelings he stirred up, and placed a finger on his lips, "It's my turn to do a speech. I finally thought of what I want to say."

Steve blinked, surprised that he was being stopped but was ready to pull away to say that he was sorry. However, she had something to say, so he knew to shut up and be quiet and let her say what she wanted to say.

She took a breath, "It may not be true anymore, but you used to think there was an 'or', didn't you?" He just blinked at her, waiting for her to continue, "At first there might have been, so I can't say there never was, but for a long time now...it wasn't true. I don’t just love Captain America and I certainly don’t just love Steve Rogers. I love /you/.” She slowly pushed him back with her hand on his chest until his knees hit the end of her bed and he bounced a little when he sat down. His pupils were blown, liking what she was doing, so she kept going, settling herself standing between his legs, “I love the man with that witty sense of humor. He has the best one-liners.” She smiled, her hands spreading over his chest and settling on his shoulders, staring into his eyes as he looked up at her, “I love the stoic, polite, and good-natured man who’s saved the world a bunch of times and has seen horrible things and still keeps going, still fights and still smiles.”

Her hands slid up along his neck and her thumbs stroked his jaw, “I love the man who’s tired of everything. Tired of the fight, tired of smiling when all he wants to do is sit and wallow for a little while. I love the man who protects what matters while at the same time mercilessly taking out the bad guys. Selfless to a fault, but on the rare occasion he can be selfish. I love you, Steve...” she pressed her forehead to his, caressing his cheeks.

"I love you, too." Steve murmured, his voice husked with emotion. His heart couldn't stop overflowing with the love that she was sending his way. He thought that it would be all about her. Of course she was going to give back, too.

Teasing the distance of their lips, but not touching, letting their breath mingle, she continued just when he thought she was done, “I love your facial features...your nose,” she kissed it, “Your eyes...such a bright blue with a tinge of green right around the pupil. Unique, just like you. Your cheeks, your jaw...your hair...” she danced her fingers across his skin and carded them through the golden strands. Then she moved her hands across his neck and over his biceps and forearms, “I love how your muscles jump under my touch…” she took one of his hands and brought it to her own face, nuzzling his palm with affection, “I love your hands...artist’s hands. Soft and then...course on the tips...” A sly smirk suddenly crossed her face and she started to kiss each fingertip, until she reached his index, and then popped the tip into her mouth, eyeing his reaction as she started to toy with it using her tongue, swirls and flicks and then sucking just a little bit.

Steve’s breath hitched as her lips wrapped around his finger. The way her tongue smoothed across his skin didn’t take much to burn in the lower regions, his imagination going farther than anything when he thought about how her lips would look sucking on his dick and how her tongue would feel. He spread his legs a little more before wrapping them around the back of her knees, forcing her forward. When she fell, he flipped their positions, still on the edge of the bed. He scooted them up, kissing her hotly with intention and passion as he ran his hands down her dress and started looking for a way to take it off, accepting Kerica’s guidance when she offered it.

"Zipper on the back," Kerica whispered between kisses, and he was quick to take care of it. She was left in just her underwear after a few seconds, dress thrown over the side, and she arched into his hot hands as they caressed her sides. She begged for deeper with a flick of her tongue on his bottom lip, and she loved how the sweet taste of the wine they'd been drinking was still barely there, making her hum in approval. Their tongues didn't battle, instead they swirled, rubbed, and traced, exploring each other to the best of their ability. He made a surprised noise when suddenly his shirt popped open the rest of the way. She grinned and slipped it off his shoulders along with the vest, "You were still overdressed."

Steve smirked suddenly as his hand gently followed down her sides and gently hiked up one of her legs. He traced it down to her ankle and back up again as he parted from her lips and started biting at her neck, leaving small love bites in his wake. He didn’t mind teasing himself. He was definitely going to fight to keep his pants on for as long as possible though. Probably about two rounds if he was able to, if he could keep his head on straight for it. He flicked open her bra when his hand left her ankle and reached behind her back. He took it off of her, flinging it across the room that was now technically a void.

Kerica shivered as the cold blankets hit her newly exposed heated flesh, the contrast making her bend her body and she bit her lip a bit, only whimpering. He was going to have to pull her moans from her. Her own little payback. Steve had been the biggest tease and now she was going to give him a challenge. "I plan to eventually suck you off, I hope you know that..." she grunted and gasped at another suck and nibble, but she wanted him to /bite/, "Star. Paper. Ice. Don't worry about your strength, I'll let you know if it hurts. Don't leave me hanging, though, just ease up."

“We could do the traffic light system rather than code words.” Steve joked as his hand slowly cupped her breast and started teasing and playing with the nipple. He pinched it, and judging on her reactions did he pinch harder or softer. He bit at her skin a little harder as he went down her collarbone and started heading towards the perfect shaped mounds.

Kerica made a face at the idea, and shook her head, "That's lame..." she managed before her breath hitched and she squirmed. "M-Massage them...the pinching isn't doing anything," she admitted, her voice a bit high, but she hadn't moaned yet. His mouth latched on when he got there and she whimpered and whined, the leg she had around his hip tensing. She wasn't sure how she felt about this, but his grip on the other one was slowly getting harder, until she /did/ moan when he'd applied quite a bit of pressure, fingertips practically digging into the flesh. "/Ah/...just...like that..." she tightened her other leg and had him pulled close, her chest pushing up into his mouth and hand.

Steve smirked as he figured out where to press to make her moan and took notes about how hard and rough she liked to be held and squeezed. It was possible that she liked that type of feeling down her body. If she couldn’t handle pinching, then he would have to be careful when he was in other places. However, biting…he didn’t expect that to be on the top of her list, but he could roll with the punches. Literally. He left her breast and went to the one that he was playing with, giving it the same attention before traveling down her body, leaving bite marks and rough, tight, grabs in her wake before going to her thighs. He kissed the inner thigh before biting his way down, taking notes on whether or not she liked that type of attention or if he needed to be a little gentler.

"/Steve/," Kerica ground out. She wasn't a very still lover, squirming and wiggling, unsure of whether of not to press against or pull away, and she trembled at the bites he gave her here and there. She glanced down her own body and let out another moan, her breath raspy. If anyone could pull off looking like a devilish angel, Steve was the one to do it. His eyes were dark and predatory, though what remained of his irises that weren't swallowed by his pupils were so vivid she swore they were glowing. /That/ was what got her seeping through her underwear, chest heaving, and she felt her abdomen muscles tensing, "You look so /hot/, Steve...you fucking love torturing me, don't you? Karma and payback's a bitch, just you remember that..." she swore to God that she was going to drive him /insane/ the moment he gave her the chance. For now, she didn't bother trying to overpower him because that would be a joke. He wanted her right where he had her and that's where he would keep her.

“Oh I’m looking forward to it.” Steve promised, his voice low and raspy as he pulled her legs a little further apart, giving her underwear a good look before he started lowering himself down. He kissed at the folds, knowing where she was located at, and sucked at the fabric to get just a small taste. He smirked as he blew down there. Candle wax was probably a thing, but not now. He moved himself further up to grab the underwear with his teeth and carefully began sliding it down ever so slowly. He tossed it away when it got low enough and off her body, and he went back to her, pushing her legs over his shoulders and diving in to that divine center.

Kerica /keened/ and bucked against his mouth until he gripped her hipbones a bit harder to hold her in place while she was off the bed, completely at his mercy. "Fuck, Steve, oh..." she gasped, reaching behind her and hugged the pillow to the back of her neck, her hair spread around it and she made all of the noises, her bottom lip plumping from how harshly she kept biting it before she let her voice go. She didn't want to be easy...but she wanted this, she wanted him for so long and now here they were. She had a very sensitive clit and she quivered each time he teased her opening. His /tongue/ needed to be /illegal/ it was so /sinful/. Blood on fire and running through her veins, causing the back of her neck to sweat, she chanted his name while she rolled her hips in his hands with the minimal movement he allowed, and then everything just /burst/ causing her to cry out and her thighs clamped around his head, heels digging into his shoulder blades.

Steve concentrated on licking her over and over and over again, getting as much as he could before she became too overly sensitive. He grinned as he pressed a kiss against the sacral area of her body as he trailed upwards nipping at her skin as he came forwards. “Do you have anything to protect yourself with?” He asked hotly into her ear.

"I'm safe...dad gives me depo shots...had a new one a few days ago..." Kerica gave a full body shiver, gripping him and was acutely aware of how his body shifted at the news, "No 'oops' for us..." she promised, but then she hooked his leg and tipped them, using her tricks rather than her body strength to get him on his back while he was distracted by his mind, "I want to worship you now," she smirked evilly at him and unclasped his belt with one hand while she latched onto his neck, "How dare you still have pants on..."

"I /was/ going to tease the hell out of you." Steve said, a smirk in place rather than a pout as he watched his girl climb over him. Fucking hell was she /sexy/ as fuck. He especially liked the way that she licked her lips.

"Have sex with me with your pants on, you mean? Aren't you kinky," Kerica found where he pulse throbbed with her tongue and licked a hot stripe along the vein. Her hand had popped open the button but she was going to wait on the zipper. Using both hands now, she danced her nimble fingers up his sides and ribs, feeling how /solid/ he was, tracing his abdomen muscles, until she said, "Now...who was it...you or Buck who liked their nipples toyed with?" she asked rhetorically as she flicked over his peeks with her thumbs, watching his reaction while she ground her hips against his, letting him feel her heat through his clothing.

"Fuck..." Steve hissed as he felt electric fire go down following his veins and towards his already hard and leaking cock. He groaned as her hips collided with his, giving him the much needed friction, but it was freaking torture.

"Yeah...you like that?" she purred, her lips ghosting and sucking, her tongue flicking over salty skin, and her bites were more deliberate rather than scattered everywhere. She latched onto a nipple, looking up through his lashes to watch his face scrunch up, and she scraped her teeth over it before she echoed her actions on the other. His breathing had deepened again, his chest dipping and his eyes were unfocused. Her tongue dipped in and out of the grooves of his four-pack and in the dips of the V in his hips. Then, mimicking how he'd taken off her underwear, she caught the zipper in her teeth and dragged it down, the action making him look at her. She hooked her fingers under both bands and dragged down his pants and boxer briefs, making sure he was now just as naked as she was, and she licked her lips slow and sensual as she looked at his sizable shaft. Her hands moved up along his toned, muscular thighs followed by her lips, showing him just what his actions had done to her. She touched everywhere, but where he wanted most...yet it wasn't until she saw his pre-cum shine where it bobbed on his belly that she could only tease him so long before it became torture for her as well, and she trapped the head of him in her hot mouth in one foul swoop, choking a gasp and other noises out of him while she sucked and licked away all salty goodness.

Steve had to remember how to breathe, but it was kind of hard to when there was a gorgeous girl who knew how to use her mouth other than talking on top of him. He could hear her hum and it made him out right /moan/. His eyes practically rolled back a few times when she gave him a particularly good suck that made his balls tighten and threaten to come, but he held off. He held off for a while until he managed to tap her on the shoulder. "Yellow." He murmured to her. "I'm about to come and I don't want to yet. Not until I'm in you."

Kerica whined around him, her hips rolling in the air at the thought and she went as deep as she could, sucking on the way up and finally released him with a pop, wiping away her spit on the back of her hand before she crawled back on top of him. her body flush against his and she sealed her lips over his. He knew just what to say. "Let me feel you...all of you..." she panted, rubbing against him until he rolled them over again to their original position.

"Alright." Steve replied, unable to deny his lover anything. He gently moved her legs so that her feet were propped up and her pelvis was tilted. He carefully kept her like that with his hands as he slowly, but surely guided himself in her inch by inch only for a little bit before Kerica's legs wrapped around his waist and forced him all the way to the hilt and upsetting his balance. He groaned as he landed on his hands, thankful that he didn't hit Kerica. But without further ado he began rolling his hips inside of her, short and grinding to tease her before pulling all the way out to his tip and slamming back in.

"/Fuck/, baby, yeah..." Keri gripped his shoulders and arms, holding on for dear life and she watched his face. His mouth parted and heaving pants escaping, lips glistening and his brows were knitted in concentration. His eyes were heavy-lidded and full of so many emotions that made her heart pound harder. "I feel...so full, god you're so thick, Steve..." she gasped as he thrust in and ground hard, stirring up her insides. She moved and rocked her hips to match, tilting just right where she rubbed against the underside of his cock each time he drew out and it also caused him to hit her /own/ sweet spot, her head tossing back as she moaned deep and long for him.

“Fuck…” Steve panted as he rolled his hips again, searching for that spot that she had impaled herself on. She was just so…fucking sexy looking like this. The way the sweat dripped down her body, the smell that just lingered in the air and surrounding them. Her hair that just fanned out on the pillow below. He picked up his pace, going faster, but going a little harder too, wanting to go as deep as he could that wouldn’t be too painful on her. He bit at her neck and collarbone in a feeble attempt to stifle his own moans and whimpers.

"Let...me...hear you," Kerica pleaded wantonly in his ear, licking the shell of it and biting his earlobe. She hiked her legs up higher and hooked her ankles around his waist, digging into the small of his back and dragging him deeper, forcing his hips to tilt differently and she was moaning constantly now as each drag in and out of her body grazed her G-Spot, "There...yes..." she felt like her whole body was a live-wire, and she could feel when her inner muscles clamped around him because his thickness and length and shape became more apparent. She arched her back, her breasts rubbing against his chest and she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, gripping his hair with one hand. She was close, the tightness and heat growing stronger with each move he made.

Steve let go of her collarbone and kissed her, not really caring much about the taste as his mind was just one-tracked on bringing her closer and closer to the fall, wanting to be there to catch her. “Go on.” He muttered hotly into her ear, groaning at the vice grip that she held him with. Like /fuck/, he could do this all day. “You know you want to.”

Kerica found the cook of his neck and shoulder and screamed his name into his skin before she bit down hard. She didn't have the jaw strength to break skin but she felt his hips jerk anyway. Her body became rigid, locking around him tightly, and she was glad she couldn't rip his hair from his head. Her core throbbed around him, the slide in and out becoming much easier now as she gushed. Letting go of him she sucked air into her lungs, "Steve...cum for me, too...then keep going...I don't want to walk tomorrow..." she begged, "I love you...baby, braveheart...fuck I need you...want to feel you..."

Steve’s hips stuttered as he started pounding her with a faster pace and bringing himself closer and closer to the edge. He let out a sharp groan as his dick twitched inside of her, pumping his seed deep and he held himself stock still, elbows shaking from it’s lock. His mind went dizzy as he pulled himself out, making her cry out as he started bullying her into a different position, his mind still sex-driven as he got her into Doggy style and lifted her hips a little more and just /thrust/ himself hard and deep into her, going in a little further than before. “Come on.” He growled. “You can’t hold on forever.”

She had already come three times, the third in time with his once he'd come inside of her. She had /felt/ the force of the ropes of his sperm against her womb. She was still reeling off of her high when he drove into her. She had made a request, and he was going to give it to her. His growl...she shuddered and pressed her ass against him, his grip bruising but she /loved/ it. Her eyes rolled back, her groan hitching as she gripped the sheets tightly while she throbbed and convulsed around his cock in a fourth orgasm, "Steeeeve..." was all she managed as she flattened her chest down, splaying her shoulders so he'd be able to place his hand or hands on her back, hoping he'd get the hint. What was that saying? The gentle ones were usually the tigers in the bedroom?

He wasn’t going to be rude and just ignore her. He placed his hands on her back and continued his thrusting, pulling her back as he went in, until he managed to come again, not even realizing that he was on the brink. It was probably from the force of the orgasm that she gave, or maybe he was just too turned on to even notice. The red-haze that swallowed his vision started to fade and he toppled over her, breathing harshly and feeling them stick together with sweat and semen. “God…” His voice rasped, sexed-out. “That was incredible.”

"Think...you can manage to get to the shower?" Kerica panted, wiggling back against him again, hearing him hiss in sensitivity. He may be done for the moment, but she crawled from under him, biting her lip with a small whimper as he slid out, and took a second to steady herself when she stood. She sashayed her hips and glancing over her shoulder at him, heading for the bathroom, their mixed juices sliding down her thighs. He was a super soldier who could go hours in a fight, and she could still walk. "I thought you could do this all night?" she would be worn out long before him, but damn if she wouldn't try. Flipping on the light, she noticed the towel on the floor she'd dropped there that morning and bent down to grab it, giving him a full view of his handiwork.

"And then some." Steve replied as he got up to follow her, his dick awakening with the challenge. /Shower/ sex, was going to be fun. He would just have to be careful and make sure that she couldn't walk back to the bed. He had plans after all. A lot of them.

()
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 6:38 pm

The village was hidden on top of a mountain range that shielded them from view. It was too treacherous for normal people to get up the mountains, and the rumors surrounding the area kept it from being too sought out. There were homes built with chimneys and outdoor fire pits that were around the area. There were people wearing reds, blues, children wearing green mostly, and some who wore casual clothing of dresses and jeans. None of them, however were wearing a mask to hide themselves in.

Draco stopped the bike and jumped off of it, turning it off and guiding it through the village. Many of the people stopped to stare, but they were staring at the new stranger that Draco was leading through the village. Draco told him to wear what was comfortable for him, and Bucky hid his metal arm in fear that the villagers wouldn’t like it all that much.

A woman, that looked no older than in her late forties, came over to them. She wore a plain white tunic and pants, her books barely making it past her ankles. Her blonde hair looked lack-luster and pale. It didn’t have a shine, nor a glow to the blonde. It framed her face and it made her look years older. Draco did the customary bow, Bucky following. “Elder Amarantha.” He greeted. “This is-“

“The Winter Solider.” She eyed Bucky with a critical look. No one in the village looked shocked, nor afraid that the infamous Solider was standing in their village. “I’m aware of who you are.” She walked over to Bucky and raised her hand, holding it towards his chest, but not touching. A faint smile appeared on her face. “She did good work on you.” She let her hand down. “You were probably her hardest case. Just for that alone, brings our tribe more honor than any death she could’ve made.”

"Bucky. My name is Bucky," he said firmly, though kept his voice respectable. He shifted, "May we...go inside?" He didn't like all of these eyes on him. He didn't know these people. He knew they were good, and he had nothing to fear, he was simply uncomfortable. "You have a great home, for how hidden and low-key it is it's quite advanced. I know all of Wakanda is this way due to the vibranium meteor."

"<He gives good compliments.>" Amarantha couldn't help but to praise. Draco snickered in the background at Bucky's confusion. She gently gestured for them to follow her, and they walked through the village. Many people though they stopped and stared, weren't looking at him like an enemy. They walked passed a children's game of ball, the children accidentally kicking it towards Draco. He stopped and started playing with them, knowing to well that this conversation was supposed to be between the Elder and Bucky.

They got to the edge of the village, hidden a little in the forest. The smell of the lake lingered on the air, and there were closed up flowers that followed up a dirt pathway that probably lead to it. Next to the modest house, was a fenced in garden of herbs, flowers, and vegetables. She opened her home and gestured him inside.

Next to him was a couch, a couple of chairs, and a table in the middle of the set up. There were books on shelves next on either side of the fireplace that was straight ahead of him. There were indoor plants that were spotted throughout the home. In the kitchen was modest wood stove, a few cupboards, and an old fashioned ice-box that Bucky recognized from the 1940s. There was a huge jug that was filled with water and she lifted it up, using nothing but the shadows, and poured it into a metal kettle that she set in the middle of the stove.

"I am sorry if my people made you nervous." Amarantha said as she set the jug down and walked over to the small dining table. She gestured for him to sit and smiled when he did so. "It is not often we are approached by an outsider. Especially one like yourself."

"No...I understand that. I suppose it's...my own assassin instincts. Having so many aware of me makes me nervous because it means I could be in danger. I /know/ that's not true here," he said quickly, "It is simply force of habit." He found a place to sit and at her nod he got himself settled, "You have an interesting name. Does it mean anything specific? Did you wish to speak to me just about Nyah or did you have other things to talk about?" He did feel safe here, away from all of those eyes and just isolated enough. He relaxed fully, rolling his shoulders and sighing through his nose, breathing in the cool jungle air. It'd rained on the ride here. It had taken a couple days, but he and Draco were fast and would race where they had enough open land. He remembered being told the trip for Nyah and Teresa had taken a week, but they probably had to take plenty of rests. Draco was quite hardy, but even he couldn't stay up three days straight.

"I have many questions." Amarantha smiled as she sat down int eh chair that was next to him. "Nyah, you." She placed her hands on the table. "I'm almost certain you have questions for me." She nodded her head after a moment of thought. "My name is old. It commonly means she who runs the river. However, it's a shortened version of it." She cleared her throat. "I'll let you ask any questions you have. Any." She assured. "And you stop acting like I'm about to slice you with a knife." She grinned a little. "We're not so uptight as you think we are."

"I was just being respectful," Buck cheeks went red, but he nodded, "I guess...I won't pull any punches, then...why have you all been so negative with Nyah?" he frowned deeply, "Telling her she has a small chance, that she'll die early in life, all of these things...I've been trying to heal her of it just as she's been trying to heal me. The only other one who seems to give a damn is my friend's now fiance, Kerica. Kerica even saved her life because her heart failed and I was a wreck. She has been content with dying so long as I'm healed and /that's not how this works/. She brought me back and I don't remember feeling this whole. Then to almost have her slip through my fingers? What would've been the point in life? Walk around like the same ol' broken shell with my friend worrying himself to his own death over me?"

Amarantha nodded, these were fair questions. She leaned back, she knew that her words weren't supposed to be taken lightly and she knew that he wanted a truthful answer, no lie. "Because it was what we believed." She said after a moment. "I knew her parents. They were...the strongest couple I knew. Her father was a very strong assassin. Deaf, unable to hear, certainly was going to die because he couldn't be aware of his surroundings, and we didn't speak his language. Didn't attempt to...or try. His lover taught him how to speak. When Nyah was born...she died as well as her mother. We thought she was a stillborn, but for some miracle of a reason, she breathed, but her mother did not. But as she grew older, she was starting to have problems. Problems that...we could not fix. Her father died when she was three and she became an orphan. We take care of our own, but how do you take care of someone on the brink of death every time she did something? We had to remind her she wasn't strong like the rest of us. She couldn't do the things like we could, if only to prolong what little life she had left." Amarantha sighed. "Perhaps it was the /wrong/ way to do it. Teresa certainly thought so. She made Nyah do things we were terrified of her doing. Trying to get her heart stronger. She was the one who told us to start training Nyah as we would with any other teenager when she came of age. We were going to have her wear green for the rest of her life. Away from the battlefield...away from a faster death."

"I'm glad," Buck said intently, "I am going to have to thank Teresa for believing in Nyah like that. That is how children become stronger, by subjecting them to tough situations and learning fight or flight. Same with sick children. Keeping them in a sanitary room all their life and they are bound to die in the real world. Nyah's a fighter. I wouldn't want a weak woman who bent to my will or wallowed in the belief that she was too weak to stay around. She's only mentioned it a few times, how she believed she was my last patient, and I told her each time I refused to let that be so. No mate of mine is going to lie down and take it. I deliberately spaced out our healing sessions so she wouldn't strain herself because while she's a strong and a fighter, she is reckless. There is a balance. To be determined but to know when to stop. She doesn't know when to stop."

Amarantha had to smile a little. Bucky's fierceness and protectiveness shone through like a beacon. He was defending not just Nyah, but someone else who had that same problem. Who was told again and again that he wouldn't make it. She could hear it in his soul, and she knew that it was someone close. Probably just as close as Nyah. "She is reckless." Amarantha couldn't help but to agree. "You're right, she doesn't know how to stop. But in the end, I think that's why we named her Nyah. It means "purpose". She has to have a purpose. If she doesn't she withers." The Elder sighed a little. "When she told me that she fell in love with her patient, I worried about her. To find her soulmate that quickly...and the Winter Solider....well. I can't deny your good looks, I will say that I know your tricks. You can be like a snake. Pretend to be docile but actually be venomous. Only those who know how to look wouldn't be fooled...and while Nyah is no fool...her heart is just as finicky to her emotional state as it is to her physical." Her eyes narrowed. "She saw you and fell in love with you at first sight. It's not every day you hear that story unless your a teenager discovering love for the first time and not understanding about it."

"No...it's not every day you hear that," he agreed, "Purpose. Well, she has plenty of purpose now. We want a family. We're going to talk about it more in depth later, but for now she's still recovering. I was thinking at least another month, but we'll see what she wants. A babe does take a while to grow in the womb, so we will have that time to ourselves as well. I won't let her down. I love her. I /need/ her. She's become my lifeline in a short amount of time. I am sure people expected me to take a long time to come back, but I had plenty of support. My nights can still be rough, I do have bouts of insomnia still, and my nightmares are hideous, but I have multiple people to go to depending on what I require. I am sure these things will take a lot longer than a few months to concur, but at least the wall is broken. I am only the Soldier in battle, but even then I am not a passenger in my own body anymore."

Amarantha smiled warmly at his dedication. At the way he firmly stated what he wanted. "She already has the reds, so she'll be able to wear them when the time comes. Even though she should wear them now." She admitted after a moment. "But that's another reason why I wanted to see you. I wanted to know the man who would come into our village as one of us. I wanted to know what child I should be prepared to bring into the world, if the Fates allow me to do so. If Nyah even allows me that." She watched Bucky for a moment. "Children to us are precious. When she lost hers, all of us mourned your loss. I know how much it hurt her." Her eyes saddened a little. "Nyah is a good woman. She has defied our expectations and continue to make us think twice. I know it's something she'd want too, to leave a piece of her behind so you won't feel like a shell of your former self."

"Don't speak like that!" Bucky spat, blood running cold and he all but cursed her. The near-loss in the jet coming back to mind and he shook his head roughly, his hair flying around his head, "We won't be like her parents! Steve will be there, and Kerica. We won't let anything happen to her. They won't let anything happen to me. I'll fight for her, and even harder once we have that little piece of /both of us/ crawling around. Our child won't be an orphan. If she decides to have the babe here, whenever that occurs, she will have Teresa and Meara with her. Meara is Kerica's father and he is also a Doctor, a Healer. She'll have me, of course, to hold her hand through it. This isn't a one-way or one-lane street. I won't let it be."

Amarantha's eyes narrowed at him. "You have to understand the severity of the situation as well, Bucky. I'm not just talking about her heart giving out. Anything can kill us. It is nature, it's life. You should know it better than anyone, considering you're an assassin yourself." She took a deep breath in and out. "/I/ know you'd fight for her. You have such a strong bond with her, it's amazing to see it in person. I know that you would do /anything/ to keep that child safe. After all, you're taking care of one right now aren't you? A wolf girl, wasn't she? Someone from the Fights back when they were popular."

"Of course I know. I almost lost her recently to some Hydra asshole stabbing her in the kidney with a few extra bullet holes. Yes, I am /aware/," Buck eyeballed the pot with the hot water as it was boiling by now, "J.J. yeah. Our dynamic is complicated...I am starting to feel more like a father-figure. Nyah gave her to me as my first patient. I'm hoping it's going well, but it's not just me that's healing her slowly. Draco also tried, and she has a mate of her own, Pietro, though it's more puppy love rather than anything heated."

Amarantha glanced over at the pot as well and she stood up flicking her wrist for the pot to be caught and brought over and on top of the counter. She pulled out two glasses and another type of pot. She also took out a tin and a spoon, putting in a couple of dumps of tea into the pot before she ran the hot water on it. She left it there to cool while she placed the pot ontop a stone that was made just for it. She brought over the dishware and set one in front of Bucky, and brought the other one to herself. "Let the tea seep for a bit." She told him as she went back to grab the pot that had to tea in it. "Just for a little bit before you pour." She sat it down and scooted herself into the chair. "She told me that you were doing wonderfully." She praised gently. "She also told me that she's happy that you found someone that you can connect with. Apparently, that poor young girl doesn't have anyone. Not really. Her brother and her mate are one thing, but you and Draco? Completely different. Normally I'd tell you to give up and let Draco do the rest of the work...but I think I want to challenge you. I want to know if you really /can/ heal her. Without Draco's intervention or Nyah's for that matter."

"I'm a bit nervous about that, but I will do my best," Buck nodded, "She's liked me so far. I think it's because I treat her like I would anyone else and no different. She's quite fascinating. I guess I should ask for some tips and tricks, however, so I'm not going in blind like Nyah practically threw me."

Amarantha laughed, "Oh she threw you in blind." She looked delighted. "Tell me then. What do you think you need to have done? What could I offer you to help you? Since I'm far away, I can't intervene like the other two can. Therefore, it's free game."

Cheating in the best way. Buck grinned at her, anger from before gone, "I don't think I would have done anything different so far. I do need to be more involved, though. I've gotten better at energy manipulation with Nyah, but she can also read minds. Should I taper my thoughts around her? Or let her see all of me that way even if it's not always butterflies and rainbows? She seems to know when I'm thinking dark thoughts even if I don't really realize it at the time and she tries to make me feel better, but shouldn't it be the other way around? I want to make her relationship stronger with Pietro and Slate, but I also want her to trust Natalia more. I'm not sure how to do that, either. Leave it be? Push Nat to talk to her? Give Pietro ideas? I feel like I should tell Slate that it's ok, that he won't lose her again...but they came to us from being captured. I feel as though that would be an empty promise."

"A mind reader." Amarantha repeated, as she lifted the pot and poured them the tea. She pushed the cup towards Bucky and pulled hers closer. She thought about it for a moment. "Those are the hardest to heal. They generally do not like secrets. Not at all. My advice on that, is to let her poke in. Let her see everything that there is. I know some thoughts are private, let her know that." She hummed a little. "Considering she's a mind-reader, energy manipulation might be a bit difficult. But there's other ways to go about it. I'm certain not many people talk to her, therefore open a line of communication. Figure out things by watching her too. Observe the way she interacts with the world, and then ask yourself "why". Once you do that, the question is in the universe and sometimes, the "why" becomes crystal clear. Sometimes, it takes a while."

She paused to sip at her tea. "You just told me she was a mind reader, so of course she's going to be aware when you go in dark. Of course it should be the other way around, but...if I'll be so bold...it seems to me that is a question you should ask her. Ask her why she helps you out, wonder about if she understands what she's doing. Figure out her motivations and you'll also figure out her as well. Now as for Slate and Pietro? It's a one step at a time thing. Until you understand Jayden, you can't bond her with anyone. Bond her without understanding, and you're just telling her that she's not worth knowing. She'd probably agree with you about it."

She sighed softly. "If they came back to you captured...then it's a no wonder why she's focused on your thoughts. It's possible, though it's my speculation until you ask her, that she's trying to repay a debt."

"I understand, I'll save them for later," Buck nodded, thinking about everything she said carefully, "Be open and honest, try and have deep talks...ask her why she helps me...she did mention not being able to rough-house with Slate so I could probably do that for her, cheer her up. I can take a beating," he joked, shaking his head, "Am I free to send you pigeon letters to tell you my progress and get more advice if I need it?"

"If I think you need it." Amarantha smiled a little at him. "Meanwhile I know you had a journey. I'm certain that you did not just come all the way here just because I summoned you. I believe Draco had plenty of things to show you while you're here. After all, you're one of us." She gently reached for his hand and patted it. "Every single one of us, from child to adult, is your family now. Keep in mind that one day we may meet in battle, but know that we take pride in being killed by our own, so do not hold back. Strike with all the intention you have to protect the family you now hold dear." She smiled as she pulled her hand away. "There is something I would like to give you. How long can you stay in the village before you have to return to Nyah?"

"We might have to leave tonight or tomorrow morning. We cannot stay longer than a day because I want to propose to her in my culture's way on New Years, and watch the sunrise together with her. It's already been two-three days and it'll take another to get back. I will leave Draco behind if I have to," Buck admitted, "Not that I believe he would mind, knowing I have a mission to accomplish." He didn't like the idea of killing any of the Atrum, Nyah's family. He hoped to all the Gods and Goddesses that existed that wouldn't ever happen. He would rather fight alongside them rather than against.

"Leave in the morning." Amarantha persuaded with a smile. "Enjoy the rest of the day and the night." She patted his shoulder. "Draco might stay behind for a while, but if he does I'll make sure he returns home to you and Nyah. The Palace used to have two of us, just in case one became indisposed. I suppose the tradition is appearing again in a very casual manner." She smiled. "I believe in your culture you're supposed to ask the father for their hand in marriage...I think you may want to talk to Draco about it. Just please don't be upset if you don't get an answer back. Though, I think you'd make a good husband and father for her. You'd give good, strong children, I think our tribe would be proud."

Sipping at the tea in his hands, sure it was cool enough by now, he was surprised it was naturally sweet. Rosehip and honeysuckle as well as a few other herbs played on his tongue, "This is good. Personal blend?" he inquired, sipping a bit more, "Draco has things to speak to you about, so that wouldn't surprise me. I hope our children are strong, considering..." he was a super-soldier. Geezus they'd have to take some interesting precautions for that. Normal toys wouldn't do, either, like giving a big dog a flimsy, hallow plastic squeaker. It just didn't happen. "I didn't think of that. I know Steve talked to Meara first. It didn't strike me to ask Draco. Thank you for the reminder."

"Considering they are of you and Nyah's bloodline." Amarantha looked pleased. "You're welcome. And it is a personal blend. It's good for those who are homesick." She took another sip of her tea. "It's also good for the nerves." Her smile reached the edge of her face. "if I may make another reminder, the father chooses the name of the first child in our culture. So if you need ideas of what names you might want to have or advice, I do have baby books as well as plenty of mothers and fathers in the village who could give you their advice as well." She grinned at the pink blush on his cheeks. "You make our tribe proud." She promised him as they sipped tea together and enjoyed the other's company.
~+~
Draco groaned as he managed to flop himself on his back underneath the tree in the middle of the village. It was a tall tree with huge branches and leaves that kept the area sheltered. There were plenty of flowers growing underneath the tree, mostly wild flowers but there were some that had been planted over the years, giving it the nickname "ethuil galadh" or spring tree.

He noticed a shadow coming over him and he groaned. "<Can't you see you tired me out? Go away little tiny...>" He broke off when he opened his eyes. "You're standing in my light." He said dryly to Bucky. "How did the meeting with the Elder go?"

"It went well, I think. I got some things off of my chest, and plenty of things explained," Buck plopped down beside Draco, "She brought some things to light and I realized...I bought the ring and everything...but I've never asked you permission for her hand."

Draco looked a little amused as he looked back up at the sunlight trying to edge it's way in between the cracks of the leaves. "Do you want it or are you just doing it out of tradition?" He asked curiously, turning his head away to give Bucky a look. "Because if it's just out of tradition, then I don't really need to give you anything. However, if you really /want/ it on the other hand-"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:04 pm

"It's a bit of both. Courtesy and I do care about your opinion and I /do/ want it," Buck answered readily, "I've given plenty of speeches about why I want to marry her, why I want her to be my only, unless you like hearing me repeat myself and hearing me talk?"

Draco grinned, "Would it bother you if I want to hear you praise her like a Goddess? It's not every day I hear someone sing her songs." He beamed at him with a bright smile before shaking his head. "Nah. I know. But..you know who doesn't know?"

Buck's brows furrowed in confusion and he watched Draco sit up, "Who the hell have I not blabbered about my love for her to?"

"Come with me." Draco held his hand out and gently helped him up to his feet. He whistled a careless tune as he lead him through the east side of the village, bringing him past some of the houses and tiny children. Adults sometime stopped, to look in wonder and in awe. A few times did a brave one here and there stop Bucky and greeted him with a hug, or with a handshake, remembering the customs that he followed rather than their own. Trying their hardest to make him feel welcomed. When they passed the stables, they went into a small clearing of the forest, where a training ring was set up. Going past it and deeper, it almost felt like they were going into the heart of the forest when they stopped at a huge meadow, with a pink willow tree standing there by the river stream.

"This is amazing..." Buck breathed softly, looking around. The stream had a peaceful bubbling sound as it waved over the rocks and the pink shimmered beautiful in the sunlight. On the walk here he had been surprised and yet warmed when people stopped him. To walk into this clearing, he felt like he was stepping on sacred ground, a special place, "Wow..."

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Draco smiled a little. “Come a little closer.” He dragged Bucky towards the willow tree and carefully moved the vines hanging off of it so that they could get into the middle. Sitting at the base of the trunk was flowers, both picked and planted. There were about four small incense holders that looked like they held cones or something, as there was openings in the jar for the smoke to come out. There was also a plaque that was nailed into the ground, next to the willow tree. This plaque spanned around the entire tree and only continued to grow bigger. Names were burned in to the wood, making it last little longer than a carving. “Our memorial for the those who passed on.” Draco explained as he knelt at the base of the trunk, reading the word on the plague before speaking in his own tongue. “<I’m sorry we didn’t bring an offering.>”

"I would believe our presence is enough," James assured, "I understand why you brought me here. Where are their names?" It was still hard to do a mixture of James and Bucky, but he was getting better. It was mainly in his face, the combination. He had Buck's gentle expression and yet James' voice.

“Xander’s here.” Draco pointed at a name on the second row. There was no death date, nor birth date. Just a name in beautiful calligraphy. Draco stood up and walked over to the other side of the tree that was facing the river. “Zashuya is over here.” He pointed at a name that was also on the second row. “Nyah’s name will be with Xander’s…and your name will be on the opposite of the tree, if not with hers. Cardinal directions.” Draco swallowed. “I’d be over here next to Zashuya and if Sam marries me, he’ll either with your name or he’ll be on the opposite side of me. It'll depend on what we think your cardinal directions are."

"I suppose that makes sense," he patted him on the shoulder. He had words racing through his mind, but he didn't want to be offensive. Not here, not in this place. "Would blood make anybody upset?"

"No..." Draco blinked at him wondering where he was going to go with this.

James pulled out the Bowie knife he had on his person for just in case, he made a quick and efficient swipe across his palm, his eyes narrowing and jaw ticking at the pain, but he maid no noise. He placed his hand on Zashuya's plaque, getting the blood in the grooves so it wouldn't be washed away until the next hard rain, "Just know, Zashuya, I will bleed for your daughter just as I am certain Xander did for you." He walked around while his hand still dripped and smeared his blood on Xander's plaque again, "I love her. I would die for her if I had to, but more importantly I will live and fight. Her name means Purpose?" his voice hitched as Bucky's "Well, she is my purpose now. I will protect and treasure her, and I hope you both give me your Spirit Blessing for me to have her as my wife, and look out for us from across the veil. Live in peace, however, knowing she'll be safe in my care, because she will have not only me but my own allies. One of whom has saved her life once already."

"Shame Uncle Leon's gone." Draco suddenly lamented though his eyes were sparkling with both happiness and mirth. "He knows Uncle Xander's language. We could've used him right about now."

"What language?" James glanced at him.

"Sign." Draco replied. "He was the only Atrum that was deaf." He looked at the plaque. "People...didn't like him for it. Made his life miserable. He trained, he was a good fighter, but he was never meant to be an assassin. He was a disgrace to us. They thought about killing him when he was a child, because it was thought that Xander was going to bring bad luck. That the gods was going to use him as a punishment."

"That's right, Amarantha mentioned that," Bucky immediately whipped out his phone and hit the power button. He had brought it but turned it off since there were no places to power it. Once it was loaded he found Clint's contact in his phone - he really needed to set speed-dials - and fired off a text. Clint may have been across the ocean and the bars were shit, but after a few minutes when the secure satellite ping over Wakanda got the messages across, he spent a few minutes memorizing the specific series of hand-motions. He had learned Sign because some Hydra were deaf, and he needed to be able to communicate in code, and it annoyed several people when he signed to Clint back at the castle since few knew even the basic ones like 'thank you'. sending 'thanks' he made sure it got through before powering off the phone again and putting it back in his pocket. Turning back to Xander, he shook his hand a few times because 'ow' it still hurt. His soldier serum was healing it since it had been a clean cut, but it had at least ten more minutes before he didn't have to worry anymore. Then he signed at the plaque, deliberate and silent with a grin on his face.

"Uncle Xander proved them wrong." Draco knew he was being ignored, but he also knew that this was fair. It was fair to Xander and Zashuya for them to be remembered. For them to be apart of Bucky's life somehow. "But he did it in a way that risked everything. He saved an outsider from death and I'm not talking about Teresa. This was before her time. This was during a time were outsiders and the Atrum were very much at odds with each other." He walked over to the plaque, touching the edge of the wood. "He wrote to the Council of Elders that his life would be tied to the outsider. Should the outsider cause harm to anyone, the outsider will be exiled into the jungle, and Xander will burn." Draco frowned at the name. "He was unusual. As he didn't have a soulmate, but he found it within an outsider...and later in life with one of us."

"That is an interesting story," Buck gave him his attention again, "I am glad to know his backstory. It is rather inspirational. I hoped it taught some people a few lessons."

"It opened borders. It's the reason why you can love Nyah." Draco said softly. "It's why we all knew that she wasn't going to love someone among us. Zash?" He walked away from the plaque and went over to the other one beside it. "She was a woman you don't forget, like Uncle Leon liked to say. When Xander saved the outsider, Zash helped them hide, just in case. They hid him for a good while before it was discovered." He smirked. "Uncle Leon told me that there two very important things you learned about Aunt Zash. One: No is not in her vocabulary. and Two the more dangerous the mission, the more likely she was on it. Everyone couldn't believe that she was a /water/ rather than a /fire/, but well...she was a hurricane and so in tuned with the world around. She learned sign just to teach it to Xander, and to communicate with him. Between the three of them, they were able to communicate though the outsider was horrible at it. Uncle Leon would tell me it was like walking in thick mud, watching him sign. She was full of life and energy. Even more so, she admitted to Xander that the moment they touched hands, her heart was his for the taking. You can imagine how well Xander took that."

"So /that/ is where Nyah got it from. Her mother," Buck snorted in amusement, rolling his eyes playfully, "I am sure if they were around today they would fit right in with our insane misfit group. So, I learned from your Elder that Zash died in childbirth. What happened to the outsider, Xander and Leon?"

“That was hard.” Draco frowned a little at the mention. “Her death. Leon died a few years ago. Just…one minute he was sitting in his chair, and the next his heart gave out on him. It was very, very sudden. He was pretty healthy too. We don’t know what happened. We think that he just couldn’t handle the loneliness and he wasn’t needed around anymore. I don’t know whatever happened to the outsider. He stayed here for the longest time…he used to come back every once in a while, though I don’t know. He stopped before I was born. I know his name though. James. James Proctor.”

"Proctor...So...He's Becca's grandson?" He had to groan, "She wasn't bad at direction...so it's her husband's fault. What the hell, Becca? Knowing you, that was one of the quirks you loved. Guy was probably awkward, too." He had to mentally think 'dominatrix' because his sister was very strong-willed like he was, "So he lives in Wakanda or back in America?" James Proctor. Becca was secretly sappy as can be. Of /course/ she'd name her son after him, believing he was lost in the war. Ali...Ali would've named hers after Steve, probably Grant.

“I can do some digging and find out for you.” Draco offered gently. “I think he’d stay near. Uncle Leon told me once that James really loved Nyah. Xander tried to name him godfather, but…well…traditions could only be pushed so far. One of us had to be named, so…Xander didn’t name one and neither did Zash. It was James or nothing for them. Uncle Leon didn’t mind just being the Uncle. I mean…he wasn’t as close as the three of them were, but he understood the sentiment. Xander and Zash risked everything for James. It was only fair that he got Nyah as pay back.”

"I should have Nyah tell me about Leon, and that sounds...like a horrible idea, but do it anyway. Research the Kelly's, too," Buck nodded with a wide smile. Steve would have a meltdown if he was right and there was a Grant Kelly that had run around. He wouldn't be shocked if both James and Grant ended up fighting together on a tour and he could imagine Grant rolling his eyes when James got lost. "Shall we go back? I think I've settled enough to try mingling. What hot spots are there? Do you have your own version of a bar or tavern? Or no, it wouldn't be fair to drink poor innocent bystanders under the table because I can't get drunk..." he tapped his chin in thought.

"We have a bar." Draco's eyes twinkled. "It's not the drinking you got to worry about." His smile widened. "It's the questions you're about to get hammered with that you'll need Zash's quick-wit to help you out."

"I think I can manage," Buck nodded, enjoying the challenge, "Show me."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:24 pm

“Are you sure that this is what you want?” Teresa tapped her nails on a clipboard nervously as she looked at Nyah’s determined expression in front of her. No one was really around since the Christmas Holidays took everyone’s energy and it was about to be renewed in the form of a New Years party, courtesy of Sam and Natasha. Sam was going to supply the music, which was good. Natasha was going to bring the alcohol and all of it was mostly going to be vodka. Jayden wasn’t exactly certain /how/ a party was going to go, and was nervous holed up with Pietro and Slate, trying to stay away from /any/ and all activity.

Probably mostly out of fear that it was going to turn into a singing fest again and having her be in the middle of it.

“It’s what I want.” Nyah said firmly. “I know that I have to talk to Bucky about it…but I know that he would want me to do this. I understand the risks. But I want to be with him, for a lot longer than what I was given. I know my dad and my mom would want me to live for as long as possible. I know that Bucky needs me more than ever. I can’t keep doing that to him, doing it to me. I can’t stay half-way dead and alive. I have to chose one and I chose life.”

Teresa frowned at her, it was a passionate speech. “But you do realize that if you do this, you could risk not having children.”

“Blood only matters in the eyes that make it matter. If we want kids there’s other ways. Sperm banks, surrogates, even adoption.” Nyah looked at Teresa determined. “I want to live, Teresa. Will you help me?”

“I can start scheduling you for check ups and for other things you’ll need to do to prepare for this.” Teresa began writing things down. “But let me tell you, once it comes, it comes quick and you’ll have no time to prepare. After New Years, you’ll have to start coming around here a lot more. By the end of January I want you admitted.”

Nyah nodded, swallowing thick.

“You can die either way you know this right?” Teresa looked up at her.

“He’ll want me to die fighting.” Nyah replied.

“Then it’s settled.”

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:36 pm

Instead of ugly sweaters and lovey-dovey christmas music, the New Years was all about the beat of the music, the lyrical masterpieces and better yet, who could dance like it was 2012 all over again. Nyah had to admit, she never seen Jayden have so  much fun. If the Christmas party confined the poor pup, the New Years brought out a side of her that took everyone by surprise. She not only danced with Pietro, she grabbed Wanda, did a dance with Sam, fucked around with Steve and Kerica’s slow dance, making Kerica howl with laughter and Steve blush such a beat red it was hysterical. She went through the crowds, dancing with every stranger, not even caring at all about her dangerous status.

Slate swore it was because of the damn glow sticks and bracelets that Jayden was practically adorned with, she wasn’t about to be missing with the multitudes of lights that were on her. The firecrackers had been eliminated, mostly due to being a jungle and too damp, but there were other ways to show the new years’. Mostly via Jayden’s clothes. Natasha wasn’t at all pleased, but she was keeping her mouth shut.

Nyah had to laugh when Jayden managed to get Bucky into a dance. It was playful, much like how the singing fest had been. They had fun swinging each other around, spinning, all around just having a load of fun. She had to grin when James came back to her, sitting down on the sidelines while they watched everyone else have fun. “Did she wear you out already?” Nyah teased.

"No, she got bored with me and walked off to...now apparently jump over T'Challa," the King had found her endearing in a way that didn't make sense to anyone other than the two of them. Jayden enjoyed his mind, even outright saying so at one point, and Jayden and Kerica had bonded by playing with Shuri a few weeks ago. Buck smiled at Nyah and he brushed the back of his knuckles against her cheek. Jayden had actually left him be because his mind was obviously elsewhere. "How were things while I was away? Sam is still pouting I see because Draco stayed behind a little longer. Should be back tomorrow, though."

"Draco loves home a lot more than me. He gets homesick." Nyah agreed softly. "He'll be back...I'm certain he's going to be complaining to me about how all the kids wanted to play with him and how you weren't there to distract any of them." The Solider had made a nice fitting with the adults, and the kids even more so. Especially when they started looking at the metal arm. A lot of them couldn't do English all that well, so it had been a fun game of charades a lot of the time.

"As for myself," Nyah took a breath in and out. "Well...things are good. Boring. I...talked with Teresa."

"Really? Care to share?" Buck arched a brow at her, scooting closer and taking a sip of his vodka Nat had inconspicuously filled.

Nyah paused, before nodding her head and she looked at Bucky. "I want a heart transplant." Her voice wavered a little, but she hoped that she kept it firm enough to show her determination.

His hand stopped at his lips before he took a drink and he was glad. He didn't want to make a scene because he started /choking/. He set it down and stared at her wide-eyed for a second as he processed what this meant and he reached for her hands, grasping them tightly, "Are you /sure/? That could take a long time to recover from, we'd have to hold off on trying until Teresa and Meara give you the go-ahead. I can do that. It'd give us more time to prepare and all."

“It’s something I want.” Nyah agreed, gently holding his hand, feeling tears spring up to her eyes. “I want to see them grow, Buck. I can’t do that if I’m in the ground. What would they think of me if they knew I had the option but didn’t take? What would you?” She squeezed his hands tightly. “There’s a chance that the transplant will work against me in children, but I told her we have options. Adoption, surrogates, anything….everything. I just want to live. I’m so tired of dying.”

"Then do it, love. Jayden's like an adopted daughter anyway," Buck brought her hands up and kissed her knuckles before tugging her forward and kissing her firmly, "God I love you, prekrasnyy. You can do this. we can do this. Kerica's going to lose her mind. You're not going to be alone, we got your back. I'm /so/ glad you want this. I'll be damned if you thought I'd discourage you because fuck, that's /all/ I want, is for you to be beside me."

Nyah laughed a little as she kissed him back, and hugged him close, breathing in and out as she nuzzled his neck. "It's what I want too." She said softly, her voice husked with emotion and she closed her eyes tightly. She was so thankful to have this man beside her. She pulled away and kissed his cheek. "You are my last everything." She promised him. "My last first kiss, my last true love. You are everything to me. Though...it brings me to a question that I want to ask you."

"Just what might that be?" Buck smoothed his hand over her hair, enjoying the soft locks through his fingers.

"After the transplant...and once I recover enough...I would like to go back into healing." Nyah said softly. "I don't know if I'll be good enough to fight ever again. It may be too much of a strain. But healing...I know I told you you were my last patient, and maybe that still holds true. I would still like to try and see."

"Who would you heal if you had the chance to make them your patient? Or were you talking in general?" Buck tilted his head curiously, "I think it's wonderful you think this transplant would give you new opportunities you thought you wouldn't have again."

"Just in general." Nyah shook her head. "I would take on Jayden, but she's your project." She grinned at Bucky. "This party is certainly bringing out her fun side." She looked over to see that Jayden had once more grabbed Pietro in for a dance. "The Christmas Party didn't bring this part of her out."

"No, it was mostly Steve's time to shine...I bet their rooms were still no-fly zones after I left," He still distinctly remembered Steve's disheveled hair and the way he hid his body when he'd answered his door the day he and Draco left. They were like rabbits now Steve popped the cork and he wasn't quite sure which one was more insatiable, his best pal or his fiance. Knowing Steve /personally/...he was pretty damn sure it was a tie at this point. "Don't answer that. Anyway, the Elder gave me some great pointers and I plan on putting them to good use after this, just you wait and see. Not tonight, though...tonight I'm focusing on /you/. I have to ask, however...have Slate and Nat gotten any closer or are they still the heavy-petting and flirting relentlessly stage?"

"Well, they'd probably get farther into it, if it wasn't for territorial dances, but....other than that...yeah. Flirting. Maybe a planned date." Nyah shrugged. "I didn't pay much attention, but Jayden sometimes comes by to sulk."

"Aw, does she not like Nat still?" Buck really hoped to fix that while on his mission to assist Jayden. He finished off his drink and tugged her up to do a little dancing, but kept it moderate so they could still hold a conversation.

"Well, it depends." Nyah answered as she got into position, and smiled at the dance. It always made her happy to be in his arms. "Natasha isn't helping a lot of the time."

That made him confused, "How is she 'not helping'? Being over protective of Slate? Elaborate for me."

"Focus on one patient at a time." Nyah laughed as she was spun. "Natasha's a spy remember."

"Yes that's true, old habits die hard," Buck agreed, catching her tightly. The green box in his pocket felt heavy and he was very aware of it. He was lost in her lovely brown eyes for a long moment before his head snapped up at Sam's voice.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 12:04 am

"STEVE! BUCK! SHOUT WITH ME IT'S THE MIDNIGHT COUNTDOWN!" Sam cheered as a holographic board appeared on the glass that showed the jungle outside, holding the counter on one minute, getting ready for it to go from 11:58 to 11:59.

Buck glanced down at Nyah, "Scream with me. This new year is going to be special."

Nyah grinned brightly. "It already has been." She promised but did as she promised as Steve started yelling along with Kerica. Finally...

"TEN! NINE!"

"EIGHT! SEVEN!" Kerica bounced up and down, her one-strapped red cocktail dress glittering with the motion.

"SIX! FIVE!" Sam and Slate echoed next.

"FOUR! THREE!" Buck boomed, watching Steve's head tilt and Buck didn't shout the last numbers, just took a step behind Nyah and got down while she was distracted with the timer, pulled out the box in those last two seconds, and popped it open just as everyone screamed...

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Kisses and hugs all around.

Buck's smile was tender as he waited for Nyah to realize she wasn't in her line of sight. "Happy New Year, prekrasnyy..." he whispered when she turned around.

She had been ready to jump on him to kiss him, but instead, he was down on the ground, kneeling with a box in his hand that revealed a beautiful blue ring that had a pink stone in the middle of it. Her eyes widened in shock her mouth slightly open as she stared at the object. She may be new to customs, but she recognized this one. She couldn’t form words, just…stared.

"I've given you plenty of speeches about how I love you, how I want you by my side with our children running around climbing all over Steve and giving Draco a hard time. I gave your parents speeches, about how I would bleed for you, die readily for you, but how I want nothing more than to fight to live beside you. That is another reason why I'm so damn happy you want to have a heart transplant, because it shows me it's not all one-sided. That makes this even more special. I offer this ring to you as my own promise, but if you agree to take it, to marry me and be my wife and mate, my Mela en' coiamin...then you promise me the same. I want this to be an unbreakable vow between us. I love you so much. It was hard at first...I was in disbelief that someone could love me so hard and fast, that I could do the same, but here I am on my knee, offering you my everything. I never would have imagined this three years ago, when Steve broke me out of the control on the helicarrier and I pulled him from the river because I remembered, if only just enough. Now you not only broke the control, but helped me break the glass. You are my greatest purpose now, because of it. Marry me, Nyah."

Nyah carefully sat down on her knees, the world quiet around her besides him and the small speech that he made for her. She cupped her hands on his, tears spilling down her cheeks, her smile getting impossibly wide. "I never thought I'd meet you." Her voice cracked. "I never thought I would get a chance to find the one that'd sing my song. I fell for you so hard and fast, I felt like the world spun and I had too much to prove. I didn't realize that what I was proving was things you were afraid of losing. All I had wanted, was for you to see my strength. I never wanted you to see my weakness and think I wouldn't be a good wife, a good pick. I promise you," she gripped his hands tight. "You know that I want your children. I want them to be kind and compassionate as you. I want a big family for you deserve every one of them. I want your son to be proud, fearless, and smart I want your daughter to be humble, determined, and strong. I have many dreams....and all of them that I'm starting to have always end up with you. Always you. My shining star. Melamin. I'll marry you. Like I said before, A'maelamin....you are my everything. Kiss me before I start crying."

"Well it's too late for the crying, but of course," Buck laughed breathlessly and he took the ring out, placing it on her finger before bringing her close to him, kissing her sweetly, cheers started by Kerica flowing like a wave throughout the room. All of this...their companionship and family they already had were brought together by him. Because he didn't want out of cryo unless they could fix him and he got his wish. It hit him hard, the realization, and he kissed Nyah deeper. Everything...it was all a success and he loved the new feelings he had. He wasn't constantly looking over his shoulder, his nightmares had lessened, and he had his precious people beside him at all times. Pulling away he got them to their feet and hugged her tightly, "Nyah Barnes...that'll be your name, soon. You alright with having two names?" he teased.

Nyah laughed as she bumped her forehead against Bucky's. "Yes I'm alright with the name." She laughed. "So long as it's yours I'm taking and not Steve's."

"There is nothing wrong with my name!" Steve called.

"Kerica Rogers has a wonderful ring to it, you shut up," Kerica giggled.

Buck's eyes twinkled as he watched Steve gain a dopey look on his face all of a sudden, "Haven't actually said it out loud, have ya? It does sound great, Stevie. Kerica Rogers and Nyah Barnes. We have some badass women running around."

"CONGRALUATIONS!!!!!" Jayden had ran up to them and had let out a popper that let full of streamers and confetti down their heads as she ran by. "MARRIAGE AND NEW YEAR!!!"

Nyah let out a startled yelp and laugh as she tried to get the confetti off of her hair. "Oh god." She laughed. "I think you started something saying that."

"More poppers!" Pietro called out as he zoomed by, shoving the contraptions in people's hands.

"YEAH! Go Steve! Go Buck!" Sam whooped and popped his over Steve's head and Kerica laughed, swatting at him and chasing him off, the flying man practically prancing to go hide behind someone else.

"What are we doing?" Draco asked as he came into the room, carrying his pack on his shoulder and looking quite out of place with his garb and his mask. "You proposed with out me!" He suddenly cried out. "Damn it if I got here just an /hour/ early."

"Why didn't you?!" Sam had grabbed a new popper and he made it go off right in Draco's face, "There, now you're festive!" he humphed.

Draco laughed, startled, and hugged Sam. "I was missed and this is your way of showing me how much. Happy new year by the way."

"Happy New Year to you, too," Sam squeezed him, then forced him to take off his pack, tossing it by the door and dragged him further into the room. He pulled the remote for the music from his belt where he kept it while mingling, he started up a new playlist jam, "Natasha! More drinks! This part isn't over yet!"

"No it isn't, but we aren't staying for it," Buck whispered in Nyah's ear, slipping through the mass of bodies as they began dancing again, "To the roof we're going. We got five hours to kill before sunrise. Talking...making love...more talking...whatever," he smirked at her.

Nyah's eyes glinted as she hugged him close. "You're going to be the death of me." She kissed his cheek, but was so happy she was close to melting.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 12:51 am

“So I did some digging around,” Draco set down a couple of papers in front of Bucky as he was tuning his guitar. Steve was sitting across from him doing his sketches. Kerica was leaning into his arm and happily reading and Nyah was just humming under her breath. “And I found James and Grant.”

“Who?” Steve asked, perking his head up with his eyebrows furrowed.

Bucky immediately stopped playing and looked at Draco, "I knew it! Ali I love you, you're predictable. Who's where and what's the lowdown on the family tree?"

"Okay so.." Draco sat down at the table and pointed at the papers. "This is James and he married a Wakadian woman. He has two daughters one of which just birthed a baby boy and was married a year ago."

"Oh! Great-grand kids, too! I get to practice!" Buck was chipper, "Go Becca."

The pictures that he found was mostly from a facebook page that he asked Sam to print out for him. The man in the picture had reddish brown hair and glasses. Next to him was a strong looking female with course black hair and brown eyes, wearing jeans and v-neck short sleeved shirt. Her arm was wrapped around his waist and in front of them were two young girls, both of them with their mother's skin color, and hair, but only one of them inherited James' blue eyes. The girl with the blue eyes was cradling a blue bundle.

"Aww." Nyah cooed softly. "Look at that. Uncle James did well for himself after all that time."

"Wait, Bucky! You had Draco look up your family?!" Kerica's jaw dropped and she leaned closer, "Wow, look at him! He's got stunning blue eyes, holy crap. Is that a Barnes thing?"

"It sure is, honey," Bucky beamed, "James sure does have a handsome family. Look at that jawline! This Will guy was a looker as well as directional-ly challenged."

"Oh god." Steve laughed. "But whose Grant if that's James?" He asked as he sat his sketchbook down and peered over Draco's shoulder.

“Grant is Allison Barnes and Nicolas Kelly’s boy. Not to mention, their grandchildren.” Draco pushed the second paper towards Steve. Grant hand his father’s sleek black hair that was tossled rather than just combed over, his eyes crinkled with a devilish smile on his lips. On his side was a beautiful blonde woman who looked like she was a powerhouse. Next to them was two boys, both of them looking about in their mid-twenties and a young girl probably about nineteen or eighteen, also holding a baby on her hip who was chewing her fingers on fingers.

“Oh my god.” Steve looked like he was at the half-way point to crying.

“From what I found out, the baby girl is named Stephanie.” Draco offered. “James named one of his girls Zasha, and she named her boy Alexander.”

"I want to see them." Steve agreed, his voice hoarse with emotion. "Yeah we can talk to T'Challa and see what we can do." He took a deep breath. "Goddamn Ally, only she'd make a tradition of having her kids named after me."

"Just where do you think James got his name?" Buck snorted, setting his guitar aside, "Let's go say hello, then. You girls coming?"

"What kind of /stupid/ ass question is that?!" Kerica demanded, jumping to her feet.

"Answer enough for me," Buck laughed, "Draco? Want to see James? You were pretty emotional about it back at the village."

"I think that I'll sit this one out." Draco said gently. "This should just be you and the girls. After all, they're joining that family and..." he looked at Nyah and gently smiled at her. "I think there's someone here who misses Uncle James more than I do."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 2:08 am

"Stop that incessant banging! I'm coming I said! Ugh, with all your tourists Wakandan people should know English, James!" A smooth voice got louder as it approached the door.

Bucky instantly stopped knocking as he processed it was Grant who was going to answer and not James and did a quick and easy flip-around, shoving Steve forward from behind causing the blond to yip a 'hey!' at him. No, he wasn't fair and he was okay with that.

When Grant opened the door, Steve's first reply was. "You look so much like Allison." It just /popped/ right out of his mouth. He did! Despite the hair, he had her face and he could've sworn he was looking at a /male/ version of her it was complete shocking. "Sorry. Um..." He held out his hand. "Steve Rogers. I used to know your mum."

Grant was quite aware of the two brunettes crowing with laughter behind the man and he blinked at him. "Rogers." Click. "Holy shit I know who you are. What the /fuck/ are you doing out in the open?!" the forty-some-odd year old man grabbed Steve by the collar and /yanked/ him inside. "Geez you're solid..." he grumbled under his breath as he used Steve's shocked momentum to shove him further inside the building, "Captain bloody America prancing around in the open when you're a /wanted man/! What fucking kind of death wish do you have?! /You/, too! Get your cackling ass in here /right now/!" he pointed at Buck then at the floor.

Bucky immediately sobered up even as a smirk played on his lips and he strode inside as well, "Bucky. Bucky Barnes-"

"I /know/ damn it. What the bloody fucking hell?! Living, breathing ghosts from the past and I'm /older/ than you! What kind of crazy shit is this?" Grant threw his hands up.

"Grant? What are you even going on about?" A reddish burnette walked in to the living room and stared in surprise at the men and women who were standing there. His eyeglasses were firm on his nose and he was holding a little baby boy in his arms. "My god. Uncle Bucky? Uncle Steve?"
Steve scratched his cheek, his face flushing a bright red at the name.

"Someone's not losing their mind, at least," Kerica was stifling more giggles as she and Nyah entered and closed the door behind them, "Should we have called?"

"Probably would've hung up on you saying you're crazy. Physical face better." Grant babbled softly. He blinked at Steve, shoulders dropping in visible relief once the door was closed, "Sorry...about that. Saw you two on the news...then you dropped off the radar...everyone is pretty sure it's here, under the King's protection, but no one really /knows/." His demeanor had done a 180, "You scared me, standing there without a care in the world who saw you. Mama would've slapped you, Uncle Steve. Idiot."

"Your mom loved me. It's Becca I would've had to worry about. She knows how to slap." Steve touched his cheek like he could remember it. Like Becca just /did/ it. "Ally would've pulled on my ear and yelled at Bucky."

"Well I pulled your shirt, does that count?" Grant asked.

"A little..." Steve noticed that James wasn't really contributing to the conversation and looked over to see what was going on, maybe that he was having a private conversation with Bucky, but instead, his eyes were on Nyah. Steve frowned a little as James slowly approached the woman. "Nyah?"

Nyah smiled a little as she was approached. "James." She greeted with a smile and let out a surprised gasp when James grabbed her into a one-armed hug. Nyah looked shocked only for a moment before she answered the hug with her own, careful not to squash the baby between them.
"<God you look so much like Zash.>" James' accent was heavily American, but it was clear that he studied the language and at least knew about it. "Look at you...how did you find me? God, I was told you were too sick to leave the village. Too dangerous..."

"That's all me, pal," Buck smiled tenderly. He joined Nyah's side, though a bit behind so not to interrupt their hugging, "You know the Atram Soul Heal, right? Nyah was sent to Heal me."

James carefully dislodged himself from Nyah and looked at his uncle, his namesake for a little bit before snorting. "Oh Xander would have a field day." He smiled a little. "Would you guys like to sit down? Standing is probably pretty tiresome and I need to rest my arms."

"Sitting sounds good," Kerica agreed from beside Steve.

"I suppose both Zash and Xander would go crazy if they knew Nyah was engaged to her patient?" Buck inquired.

"Engaged?" Grant turned from where he was observing Uncle Steve to staring at Uncle Buck, "Really?" They made their way towards the family room where there was a playpin with a little girl - Stephanie - inside and several toys scattered everywhere, "Company was obviously a surprise so walk barefoot at your own risk."

"Aw, Steve, look at her!" Kerica cooed, going to the playpin and peering over the side and big hazel eyes blinked back up at her, "Hey there! You must be Sephie!" the little girl was intregued by a new face and crawled on her hands and knees to face her, crawling closer.

"Can I hold her?" Steve bent down and smiled at the little girl. She had teeth and she looked so curious. "Hey little one. How are you?" He asked, his voice soft and cooing. "You're so pretty."
"In answer to your question, Zash would be out of her mind while Xander just wouldn't give a damn fuck." James laughed. "Leon on the other hand, he would've said something. Probably "this is why she needed to get out more" to "this is why we can't have nice things." It's bound to be one of the two. I guess...he wasn't around to say something like that..."

Grant's throat stuck and he looked towards James. Grace and Zash were out getting groceries since James was awful at stalking his fridge. Like, really, how did James survive without him? He should be able to answer for his own grand-daughter if his Uncle could hold her or not but he just /wasn't sure/.

Buck noticed the look, absently listening to James' answer. Grant may not be blood related to Steve what so ever, but seriously, that face he was making. He motioned for the baby, "Hey, if Steve gets to hold his great-grandchild I wanna hold mine! Alex, right?"

James's eyes crinkled on the corners as he passed the baby into Bucky's arms. "Alexander Proctor." He agreed with a beam as he directed Bucky on how to hold the tiny child. "He's a good lad. Likes to sleep a lot and look at colorful things. Not much of a crier either. Oops, woke him up...sorry." The baby didn't whine or anything, just was trying to figure out why he was moved.

"So small," Nyah peered at the baby over Bucky's shoulders, smiling when the child yawned. "Aw look at /you/. <You're going to have that smile that would make even Draco swoon when he sees you.>"

It was okay. Things were okay. Grant let out a breath and he reached into the playpin, "She likes spinning around like she's an airplane and tossing. Won't be surprised if she ends up a pilot." He said softly as she gave him pats on his cheeks before shifting her body to make grabby-hands towards Steve and Kerica. Gently, he handed her to Steve, "I don't mean...to be put off and things. Don't worry about me," he added quietly.

"You were in war." Steve said softly, like he was speaking to a comrade rather than his nephew in anything but blood. "A lot of things freak you out. Especially since I just showed up at the door. I admit, it was probably not the best move I could've made, but...I wanted to see you." He took the little girl from Grant's arms and smiled adoringly at her. "She's a curious little one isn't she?" He grinned as she started patting him down and looking at him with wide eyes. "Yes you." He cooed gently. "I hope you don't mind me spoiling her rotten a little."

"No..." Grant laughed softly, "No, not at all. I wouldn't expect anything less, Uncle Steve, considering James is the same way." He watched the woman beside his Uncle rub his grand-daughter's cheek, and the ring on her finger glinted in the sunlight, "Claddagh on the ring finger of your left hand...heart facing out instead of in. Engaged, too? Uncle Steve?"

Kerica felt foolish and guilty, "I'm so, so sorry, Grant! I'm Kerica! Kerica Knight at the moment, but yeah...I'm going to be Kerica Rogers eventually," she held her hand out towards him.

Grant shook it, "Kerica...you're lovely," he nodded politely, "You take good care of my Uncle?"

"Of course I do! I watch his six when we go on missions," Kerica confirmed.

Grant gained the first truly happy smile, letting her hand go, and he stepped forward, giving her a deep hug, "I am very glad. You take care of his mind, too, then. You understand. That's good, very good." He just...held her, closing his eyes when he felt her hug him back with gentle pats and he liked the content feeling she gave off. Not like his own wife, his wife had a lot more energy, but he could feel Kerica's bubbling under the surface. She was a good, happy person. Perfect for the dark days. A Beacon. He pulled away and gave her a pat on the cheek, then turned to his Uncle who was watching them with interest, "We better have invitations to the wedding or weddings, whether it's double or separate," he moved over and gave Steve a one-armed hug over his back since he was holding Stephanie.

"A double wedding...we haven't talked much about it, but a double wedding will probably be best, right, Steve?" Buck asked with a tilt of his head out of curiosity rather than being worried, holding Alex on his hip like it was the most natural thing in the world. He hadn't fallen back asleep, but he wasn't awake, either, just staring at them with owlish eyes, "He looks like he's going to be a coffee child, won't be able to function unless he has a cup in him. Wonder who that reminds me of." Himself. Definitely.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 7:28 am

"Are you sure it's just a cup?" Steve teased as he gently bounced Stephanie on his hip, making the girl giggle and coo. "I'm pretty certain the last time I went for coffee, you drank half of the pot." He paused, thinking about it. "I dunno, Buck. I mean...I dunno what culture of a wedding you want. Hers or yours. I was thinking traditional for ours..." He looked at Kerica. "It's the bride's decision in the end."

Nyah smiled as the little boy just rested his head on Bucky's shoulder, his little hands holding on to him, but without much of a grip and just watched the world. She grinned when he suddenly broke into a smile and buried his face into Bucky's shoulder. "I wonder if it's coffee or if it's just shyness."

"No. He likes to play shy." James walked over and gently tickled the boy's foot, making him squirm. "He's just not all that active when he wakes up from a nap. I swear, kid's got more of a night life. Naps are easy. Actual sleep? Not happening."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 3:20 pm

"Well, you know, there's this 'compromise' thing it's really nice," Kerica giggled, "We can do the traditional wedding inside first and all, since Nyah isn't that big on it the 'can't see the bride before the wedding' tradition/superstition won't work on her." Superstitions held less power in those who didn't believe in them, after all. For her, it was mostly a nice sentiment.

"Then after yours we can do our hand-fasting in the trees outside," Buck beamed, "That sounds like a sweet idea."

"Considering planning for weddings are a bitch and just getting them done in the same day would be a relief, yeah, I think so," Kerica grinned and she got closer to Stephanie who was currently fascinated with the zipper on Steve's jacket and the sounds it made when she moved it up and down. She petted the little girl's hair who swung her head up to look at her and gave her a wide smile and a bubbling laugh.

Buck ruffled Alex's hair and poked at his nose when the little baby grabbed at the metal finger, "You like the shiny?" he asked playfully, wiggling his other fingers and the baby boy didn't know what to do with himself.

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 5:43 pm

Alex just grabbed one out of mid air, wiggled it a bit before bringing it down to slobber all over it. He wasn't trying to teeth or anything, but he just wanted something to suck on. His eyes were still wide and curious as he looked up at the stranger with the shiny. He grinned around his sucking, beaming bright and happy.

Nyah giggled as she pressed closer to her lover, sighing softly at the scene. "He's so precious."

James smiled bright. "Yeah. He knows how melt hearts around the world." He looked at his Uncle. "I guess I should be asking all of the questions right now shouldn't I? But for some reason, I just don't think that would do much."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 6:53 pm

"This is nice," Buck shook his head, "It's alright. We should ask /you/ questions! Where are your wives  and daughters, for one?"

"My wife stayed in America, and James' is taking a nap. She sleeps likes a rock so I wasn't too worried about all the shouting and it's only gotten worse as she gets older." Grant shook his head, "As for our daughters? Should be back any minute. They went out grocery shopping since James doesn't remember how to fill his kitchen."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 6:59 pm

"Shut up." James' cheeks burned red. "Their names are Gracie and Zash." He explained to Bucky. They're young mothers, but...they do good for themselves. Gracie is in college and working part time. Grant and his wife help her out. Mine married, so....she doesn't have to worry about much." He made a face at the baby.

"I wondering why you never returned to the village." Nyah commented as she gently touched the baby's skin. Alex let go of Bucky's fingers, trying to see who it was that was touching him and beamed, drool down his face.

"Messy." Stephanie suddenly cried out, pointing at Alex. She looked at Steve imploringly. "Baby messy."

"Baby's get like that. I'm sure you do too." Steve teased, poking her in the stomach.

Stephanie let out a happy shriek as she tried to cover her stomach with her hands.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 10:48 pm

"Got wrapped up with Zash when she was born and just focused on his family," Grant explained to Nyah. "I was also a wreck back then. Whenever he left I would worry he would get lost again. That I'd lose him and so he stayed for me. He told me about your parents," he did the gesture James had taught him, "I am sorry I did not greet you properly."

Kerica motioned to Steve, "I want to hold her for a while."

Buck laughed and wiped his hand on his pants, "Do you want to hold Alex, too, Nyah?" he smiled tenderly, leaning down and kissing Nyah's head.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 10:56 pm

Nyah's tears just sprang into her eyes, but she did the proper greeting back to Grant. "All good things I hope?" She asked, her voice wavering slightly before she turned to Bucky's question. "I'd like to..."

"Hold him." James encouraged. "Go on. It'd be fun." He watched Bucky pass the child to Nyah and Nyah cooed softly, gently bumping her nose with the baby's and kissing his cheek. He grinned.

Steve also passed Stephanie to Kerica who squealed as she found Kerica's necklace, more like the pendant than the chain and started poking at it and playing with it with her fingers.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Bucky absolutely melted and he gripped Nyah's shoulders, cooing over her shoulder and he was giddy. He grinned widely at James and Grant, and went to do the same but Steve had the most /adoring/ expression on as he watched Kerica dangle the necklace in front of Stephanie who squealed as it shined. He returned looking at Nyah, "How's it feel to hold a baby? Can you imagine us having ours?" he stroked his hand along her back, resting on her hip.

Kerica tossed Sephie in the air a few times once she was done playing with the necklace, and the little girl /screamed/ in delight, holding her arms out, "You wanna be an airplane?" she hummed and at the girl's answer she held her as high as she could and spun her around three times before she held her back against her hip and Sephie started tugging at her hair.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 11:30 pm

Steve couldn't help but to grin happily like he was the one playing with Stephie and tossing her around and what not. It made him think that maybe...yeah he'd like for himself.

"Are you pregnant?" James immediately asked, making Nyah's cheeks burn in bright red.

"N-No." She quickly denied. "It's just...it's just something we both want." She looked down at Alexander. "He's so beautiful, James. Your daughter did so well."

"That's because I have designer genes." A girl joked from the entry way, holding nothing but a few bags. "I heard noises, wanted to see what was up." She looked so much like her mother, it was a bit hard to see the Barnes' genes anywhere, but her eyes? Fuck her eyes were gorgeously blue. "Gracie's in the kitchen putting things away." She told them. "Nice to meet you all. By the way, girl with Stephie, you look /cute/ with a baby on your hip." And she walked off without so much as a introduction.

"And that was Zash." James laughed. "Sorry. I'll have her introduce herself properly later."

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 9:16 am

Kerica felt heat behind her ears and she nuzzled Stephie's cheek to hide her blush, though her grin was evident. She caught Steve's eye over the top of the toddler's head and if it was possible she got even redder.

"Haha, I feel like that would've been your actual mother anyway. Draco told me she was a pistol," Buck snickered, "That was as good an introduction as any. Designer genes? That's for sure." He watched as Alex was trained on Stephie and the baby made babbling noises, making the girl turn her head around. They had a conversation their own way, like babies do, and he made Nyah walk over closer, "Let's do a trade."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Steve grinned brightly as Nyah gave the baby to him. He was super careful, remembering how to hold one so absolutely tiny. His eyes were wide with curiosity as he Bucky's mother allowed no time for timidness. If you were apart of the family, you helped take care of the babies so help you god. "Wow." Steve breathed when Alex was settled in his arms, his eyes bright and curious. "Hey Alex."

Alex only cooed as he waved his arms up and down, for no apparent reason.

When Bucky took Stephanie from Kerica's arms and the two year old was absolutely excited to be near him. She seen /pictures/ of him. Though he looked different. "Bucket." She told him as she patted his face with a bright laugh. "Bucket. Bucket. Bucket."

"That takes me back." Steve laughed. "Ally couldn't say your name, now Stephanie can't say /yours/."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 1:51 pm

"Being called 'Bucket' is absolutely adorable so I am perfectly fine with that," Buck grinned and he was able to toss Stephie much higher than Kerica, earning shrieks of laughter.

Grant arched a brow at Bucky, "How did Mama pronounce your name, then, when she was little?"

"Oh god no, Steve, /you/ should tell Grant that one. You do a much better impression. Instead, I'll tell you how she said Steve's," Buck cleared his throat a bit, "Serie! Serie, play! Up-Up, Serie! Seeerrriiiiieee!" he pitched his voice, sounding really annoying.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 7:12 pm

"Well, Bucky's mom had a habit of yelling his full name at him because he was always in trouble." Steve grinned as he gently held his fingers to Alex. Alex looked at them and held onto one in a firm grip, swinging it up and down. "So when Ally wanted him to do something and she was being ignored she'd say "Jam Bu-cannon Barn!"" He laughed, shaking his head. "I remember the first time she did it, we were reading up stairs and Ally was learning how to knock on doors...well...she'd slap them because she couldn't figure out how to make a fist back then...and she was yelling at us...and Bucky opened the door and her hands were on her hips, she was making a pout and she said that she wanted to play with us and Bucky was about to shut the door and she just said "Jam Bu-cannon Barn I tell mom!" I think we both nearly hurled laughing so hard. Ally didn't look so frustrated. She laughed with us...I don't think she understood /what/ we were laughing at. But man...she didn't like calling him Bucky. I called him Bucky once in front of her...you would've thought I said something against the Good Lord by her reaction."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 8:00 pm

"She called me Bucky later when she got older, but no...she was really the only one who preferred to call me James," Buck grinned wide, enjoying the warmth that spread through his body at the memory, "Steve, didn't you make a picture of an actual barn made out of pb&j sandwiches as a gag gift one time? Ali was so red but she put it above her vanity anyway."

"I...remember that picture," Grant snickered suddenly, "Mama put it a scrapbook along with a bunch of other drawings and letters. I must've looked at and read them a thousand and one times."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 4:40 am

"I didn't know Ally scrapbooked, or kept a lot of my drawings." Steve looked at Grant in surprise. "I mean, she was crafty. She could do things with string you wouldn't believe, but I didn't know scrapbooking became her thing. I guess she picked it up after I died." He made a sad smile. Alex let out a soft coo and Steve gently handed him over to Kerica since he held him for a long time and Kerica hadn't had a turn. "Your turn."

Stephanie, on the other hand, was waay to content in Bucky's arms to even /think/ about being let go to Nyah. She held on tight and whimpered if he tried.

"I think Stephanie has a favorite." Nyah laughed lightly.

"Anyone who can toss her and catch her automatically becomes a favorite. She's just being grumpy because it's passed nap time." James assured. "Isn't it Stephie?"

"No." Stephanie pouted.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED   Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Avengers - Civil War AU - Kintsugi Golden Repair 2.0 - ABANDONED
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next