Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Price of Will - VC & Lynx

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 11:09 pm

Masa reached out and rubbed her back soothingly, "I don't think I can sleep after going to the volcano. If you would like me to take you home, I could do that?" he furrowed his brows, "I don't know the pain of your loss, but I understand the need to go home after such a stressful time. If being home makes you feel better, I am more than willing to assist."
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Saiyuri was thankful that he didn't find her weak. That he understood that she was stressed out, and that she was worried. He didn't think badly of her, and it made her smile. She thought about Kurama's lead. She thought about how they would have to travel, on what little sleep they got. She knew Ryo would hold her tight, she knew that Kuwabara would keep her company as they walked around.

But at the same time, she knew that she shouldn't turn away from this. It was only going to get worse from here. She leaned against him and rested her head against his shoulder. "I'll stay." She murmured softly. "I don't know why...but I think I'd be safer with you." He seemed to accept that and without warning, her eyes just closed on their own and she didn't dream.
()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 4:20 pm

It was...strange, to say the least.

Kuronue was with them, but not once as they traveled the half a day towards /Youko/ Kurama's village did Kurama ask which way to go, leading the way. He walked like he'd been there just yesterday, even as he commented a few times some of the plants and greenery had changed.

The trip wasn't quiet, either. They didn't cross any enemies, no, but Jin had tagged along with them. With Kuwabara and now Ryo also with them once Masa traveled back and forth to grab them, they had a full band of misfits. Which meant playful meaningless arguments between the lot of them as well as plenty of games and stories when they were all having down time. Kuro and Kurama shared their own from their thieving days as well as their crazy mishaps and things that happened when they weren't thieving.

Things got a little more tense the closer they got to their destination, though. Kuronue just smiled at Kurama when the redhead gave him a raised eyebrow. Yusuke and Kuwabara were too busy in their roughhousing match to pay attention to the fact the rest of them had stopped. Kurama's eyes narrowed and his head snapped to the side as the plants alerted him of a danger and he sot his hand out, grabbing them both by their waists with his vines as a rather intricate trap swung down from both sides of the tree system and slammed together. Spikes laid in the middle like shark teeth.

"Pay attention you fools," Hiei snapped, speaking Kurama's mind for him.

The two were sheepish and they all continued forward. More traps were evaded, disabled, or otherwise dismantled. "You're grinning awfully wide, Kuronue. Careful, or your face might freeze that way." Kurama drawled which caused him to snicker. Finally, they reached the Wall. Vines strung between solid tough trees and only one way in. Kurama was suspicious when the plants stopped talking to him, but he knew. He feigned left, only to turn right and he heard Kuronue's wings flutter, his tell he was excited. It was something between Youko and Shika. Every time she would go right.

Pushing the vines away, he nearly stopped the train of people behind him in a dog pile when he froze. Kuronue just shoved him forward, apparently no longer caring. Good thing, too, because the further he walked into the vast expanse of the village square, the more he realized this was less of a measly poor excuse for a village anymore. It was a town, expanding backwards and up into the canopy, just as many huts and houses on the ground as there were tree forts that had winding wooden staircases and roped vine bridges leading in an intricate system every which way. He couldn't even see where it possibly ended, though he could definitely tell where the Wall continued on the sides.

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 4:37 pm

"Whoa," Yusuke whistled as he managed to get a good look at the town. The traps that they had went through was crazy, and he was kinda thankful that Kurama, to this day still remembered where he put them all, because otherwise they could've gotten beheaded. But this? This was beyond what he thought he was going to see.

They started walking towards the town, and Yusuke noticed how wide-eyed Kurama was looking. This used to be a village of bandits and theives, but now it was an actual town with people.

"Hey! Hey!" One of the men shouted, making them look towards him. He was wearing a white sash around his waist and an open vest. His claws were black and his face had soot all over it. He grinned. "You're home!" He walked over and slung his arm around Kurama's shoulders like they were comrades or even brothers. "Welcome back, Kurama! We all missed you! You too batty!" He grinned at Kuronue and looked at Yusuke. "Now this is a sight. Two brothers come home! We got a King to greet and his Royal Council /and/ Shi-chan's nephew! Either this is our lucky day or a bad rainy one! Oi!" He shouted across the street. "Tell people we got a celebration to kick up! Best beer and sake! Hey! Someone get Shi-chan around in this! Tell her about this! Go on!" He let Kurama's shoulder go. "This calls for an all night get drunk as hell party guys! The best foods! Let's get crack-a-lackin here!"

"I knew Kurama was popular, but I didn't think he was this popular." Kuwabara muttered.

"Hey at least it's a good distraction," Yusuke muttered back. "Can you imagine what they'd say if they found out your human."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 4:52 pm

"After this many years I'm pretty sure most of them are aware," Hiei rolled his eyes.

"Rei, wait, I..." but the demon who'd greeted them just dragged him off, Kuronue cracking up behind him. Besides the size, it was like Kurama never left. Even though he wasn't transformed as the silver haired fox, either, they all knew exactly who he was. Twenty-five years later, some of the people talking to him were a bit fuzzy on the memory, others completely new, and several, just like Rei, were a sight for sore eyes. He barely got a word in edgewise besides questions about the foods they should cook up and if there were any drinks they should crack for the ladies of the group.

"This place is so simplistic, but so gorgeous," Ryoko commented as she looked far up into canopy and there were people running along the bridges, shouting words she couldn't quite make out, but it was obvious that they all knew what was going on.

"I've only been here a couple times thanks to Auntie Shika," Masa agreed, "It's changes and gets bigger every time. I wouldn't be surprised if in five more years it's a city."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 5:12 pm

Saiyuri was happily pleased to see that it was a lot more than just adults here. Children, who had grew up with stories of Kuronue and Youko, were watching in /awe/ at the redhead and group. A few of them, actually got up courage to go over to him, telling him "welcome back" before losing their nerve and running away from the sight, jeering at each other for not lasting longer. All of them, for some reason, had somewhere on them that was white. One little girl in particular, who was probably the bravest so far, gave Kurama a flower crown before running off, not saying anything.

Yusuke couldn't help but to tease at that, even though it was adorable as all fuck. It was worth the glares that he got.

Hiei even got greeted randomly, though everyone knew better than to touch him.

But the moment they got near the middle of the town, Rei dropped Kurama's wrist the moment they heard a woman say; "You're really here."

Just like that, the town fell into a hush that was almost too quiet. Those who knew, backed away, included Rei who was beaming like the bastard that he was. But others, like Saiyuri, Yusuke and Kuwabara, stayed close without really thinking about it.

She was dressed like a knight from a video game. A corset bodice, a short skirt with high length boots. A long white sword sheathe and handle strapped to her hip. Her cloak also white and short down her back. She had short blonde hair, bright blue eyes that reminded Yusuke of a summer sky in the Human World. What was out place, was that she was carrying a bunch of flowers in her hands, and her fingers were bandaged heavily.

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 6:03 pm

Kurama's breath hitched as he observed the array of flowers. To the rest of the group except maybe Masa, Kuronue, and the girls, it was just a bundle of random things picked from a meadow. But no...daisies, forget-me-nots, daffodils, hollyhocks, yellow, pink, and white lilies, red poppies and red and orange roses were arranged in a way he knew the meaning at first glance.

She was hopeful that he remembered her, remembered them. The pride and happiness she had for the bandit town was blindingly obvious only second to the last combination of meanings. Love. She still loved him dearly after everything and wanted, hoped she could be with him. Even tough she didn't know everything about him as Shuichi besides what she probably heard from the tournaments.

Her hands, though. He took a step forward which had everyone holding their breath, and he peeled one hand from the bouquet. He felt dizzy and had to brace himself as shocks and tingles and warmth raced up his arm and through his body. He tried his best not to let it show, smiling at her even as her eyes widened like china saucers, "You never were very good at handling roses."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 6:30 pm

She felt the warmth spread right through her, like putting her in a room with a fire inside. It was so strong and she felt it all the way through her bones. She bowed her head, her mouth filling with words but knowing that if she did it in public, he'd never forgive her. So instead, she did the next best thing. She pulled her hand away and punched him as hard as she could across the face.

Saiyuri let out a horrified gasp and both Yusuke and Kuwabara tensed, like they were waiting for a fight and got over to Kurama's side.

"YOU KNEW THAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!" Kuronue yelled while the other townspeople were torn between laughing at the scene and staring at it horrified.

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 6:38 pm

Kurama blinked a few times as his vision realigned itself and stretched and closed his jaw a few times before touching the cut on his cheek, "Your punches always hurt the most from your bony knuckles." He chuckled softly and his usual green eyes had a hazel tone to them, but he wasn't completely transformed, "I knew it was, and I deserved it. Guys, you can back down," he promised his comrades, "She is most definitely a threat, but not in that way."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 9:56 pm

Yusuke frowned, but watched as Shika knelt down in front of him. For a moment, Yusuke wondered if she was going to hit Kurama again, and was surprised to see that she was pushing the flowers towards Kurama's chest. "That was for dying on me," she said indicating the punch. "But these are to welcome you home." She stood up and held her hand out to him, smiling. "Flattery doesn't get you everywhere you know. And since everyone's already up and wanting to celebrate, it'd be bad if I told them that we couldn't."

"AW HELL YA!" Rei shouted, making the townspeople laugh and cheer with the deceleration. "Come on! Those who wanna build a bonfire, come with me! Drinks and food don't forget! We're doing this all night long!"

"I'll help with the drinks, I know the better beer and sake than you do." Kuronue teased Rei, by shoving him to the side and running a different direction.

"I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE BATTY!"

"Like that's a viable threat," Ryo shook her head. "Saiyuri, perhaps we should help with the food so they don't burn anything."

"She's on to you, Rei," Kurama teased.

Saiyuri grabbed Masa's and Ryo's hands, "We're a team!" She said before she forced Masa in front. "You have to lead us, I'd get lost otherwise and Ryo wouldn't know where to go to find me."

"At least I don't have to help with the bonfire," Masa smiled and brought Saiyuri closer to him, "Just to be extra sure you don't get stolen. This is a bandit town after all."

Rei laughed hard at that, as Saiyuri beamed a little oblivious. "He has his father's tongue alright. Okay! That leaves you three with me! Firewood and making fires and we already got a spark!" He patted Hiei's back roughly. "Let's do this thing! Come on!"

"Is my old hut still in tact?" Kurama had to ask Shika as he held his flowers close, the crowd disbanding in their designated directions, "It took a lot for you to bite your tongue. I hope you didn't injure yourself."

"Still a smartass." Shika sighed, but helped him up from the ground and watched everyone do their thing. "It's still in tact." She promised after a moment of silence. "I live in it. Everyone's been wondering when you were going to head this direction. We saw you got picked to be the adviser for King Yusuke, we were super impressed and proud of you."

"Yusuke saved my life more times than I care to count. I owe him a lot," Kurama nodded and followed her, "Perhaps we can put this in a nice vase when we get there, before you chew me a new ass. At least...let me transform so you can talk to Youko himself. I am but am not him."

"I know." Shika said softly after a moment, "You did the dumb thing and soul-jumped." Her mouth twitched, though whether it was a frown or not, it was hard to tell. They walked through the small town towards the bit of the outskirts, where Kurama had made his own home. He didn't want to be too far, but he didn't want to be in the middle of the hustle and bustle either, not like Kuronue. The home still had the beautiful garden that he had tended, trees that were so tall they could touch the sky and more. The grass, well watered and kept. The flowers brightly blooming and the hut, well cared for.

"You did so well...roses may hate you but it looks just as I left it, maybe better," Kurama smiled tenderly. Walking inside, at least she rearranged since there was significantly more furniture and other knickknacks. That was a nice refresh after everything else being the same but new at the same time, "I can see you've gained several new treasures."

"We're thieves the most of us." Shika replied sitting down on the chair and gesturing for him to do the same. It was a small hut. Just two rooms a bedroom and the big huge living room with a fireplace. There were chairs, a table, and a couple of bookshelves from way back then. Books he had stolen and collected and her own that she bought and traded for. "We haven't lost it yet." She let out a breath slowly. "I didn't want this place to change too much. This was yours first before it was ever mine."

Kurama made sure the flowers were safe in a vase with water, setting it on the counter so he wouldn't forget it. Then he transformed and took a deep breath, heading to the chair she offered. Youko didn't avoid her eyes, though it was obvious he was way more uncomfortable than his other half was, "I hope you don't blame the redhead for anything I've done. He's got his own memories and experiences that shape who he is, but he can speak for me as he has most of my memories. Just...whatever you have to say, say it to me, and we'll deal with it together so you have a clean slate with him. Is that a deal, Shika?"

Shika blinked and nodded her head. "Yeah." She agreed and took a breath in and out. Now that he was here, in front of her, what could she say? It was like he said,  he was and wasn’t alive. She had been so ready to tear him apart, but now? Now that he was sitting across from her, ready for anything that she was going to say, just so that they could move on, she found that the words that were so bitter in her mouth were dried up. She still had things to say, but…now she just wanted something else.

“I was so angry.” She said after a moment. “I couldn’t see straight. You were such a moron, but it was me who was the idiot. I was the one who murdered you. Not the hunter. I knew that a long time ago, I knew it when the bullet ripped through you. I knew it when I felt ice cold and not that warmth I loved so much. I thought that telling you I was leaving the village would get you to snap out of the frenzy you were in. You were hurting so much, but every word I said, every touch I gave seemed to hurt you even more. Which in turn hurt me, and the cycle was just never ending. I was never the one who dealt with pain very well. Not emotionally.” She paused, clicking her nails together like she did when she was nervous, when she was scared.

Youko blinked at her very slowly. He wasn't expecting this at all, but he supposed he should've. "So you've been living with the same guilt as I did about Kuronue. No...Shika, it had nothing to do with you. I know you knew I would say that, but...truly. It was my own arrogance and grief. I was careless. I knew I couldn't help you run the village as I was. Kuro and I had been together since I was maybe twelve. Same teacher, everything. we had been inseparable until that point. Not even you could bring me back and I am sorry for that, I truly am. Five hundred of three thousand wasn't long enough for me at that time."

Shika nodded, once. She smiled sadly, “I know.” She said softly. “I knew it then too. I still felt abandoned. If I didn’t matter to you, then what was the point? I felt bad thinking like that. I drove myself to be everyone’s leader. They weren’t happy about it at first, you made such an impression on them. You and Kuronue. I swear, if I wasn’t your mate, they would’ve killed me themselves for even suggesting taking the village away from you. I’m still sorry. I’m so sorry for taking my blade against you. For telling you I’d leave.” She sighed after a moment. “But I’m also going to be really mean and say I am happy you died though. You’re more at peace as a human than you ever were as a demon. I get the feeling you’re not going to be a hard nut to crack this time around. I get the feeling that, well…time was a good thing. I loved you as a demon who had something to prove and continued had something to prove. I’m certain I’ll love you as a human whose more content with the world than against it.”

"It's alright. I have plenty of time. I can be transformed all day if I want to, so...allow me to do this as one last apology, and because you deserve it for all of the wonderful things you've done, and the amazing woman you've become." Youko caught a tear as it finally slipped and tugged her down for a meaningful kiss full of sorrows and hope, happiness and love and pride.

~*~
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 12:11 am

The bon fire was blazing dangerously high by the time dusk finally fell and everyone was at their rowdiest. Drinks were passed around first, the finest of sake and beer that the town had to offer. There was a huge buffet table filled with desserts and main dishes that even Saiyuri discourage Kuwabara from learning what they actually were. It was a night filled with laughter and song. A few demons already got sloshed and were singing the most brazen of songs that made even Ryo’s cheeks tint and Yusuke howl with laughter.

Saiyuri was at her happiest. She was watching a bunch of kids race by her, weaving through the adults who were dancing to made up songs and random music equipment, cheering at each other to get the other. The adults were always so careful, and all of them knew better than to get too close to the flames. She blinked when she saw a cup in her face and smiled at Masa. “It’s been a while since I seen such a party.” She said taking the cup from him and watching the dancers. “I suppose that Shika-san might be our “fighter who never lost hope”. The town just thrives with it. What a good thing."

"Yes, he had a hunch and he was right," Masa agreed. Sai was closer to the bonfire than he would like, but he wanted to bring her a drink. "I wonder who the last ones are. Do you have any idea?"

Saiyuri had a feeling that he wasn't liking that she was near the fire all that much. He kept glancing at it like the sparks were about to get him. She stood up and smiled, "It's too hot here." She said taking his hand and dragging him a bit farther away from the dancing and the noise but close so that she could watch the fire and far so he wouldn't worry about it. She found a new spot on the ground and sat down happily, "We have a human, so that means going to Ningenkai. Though I don't know if that means /all/ of us, or just a selected few. I wouldn't doubt that Kurama, Hiei, Yusuke, and Kuwabara would go back. I mean, it's their home first. Well, Yusuke's and Kuwabara's anyway." She amended. "But, to find a single human? I think it's someone Kuwabara might know, or maybe has run into before. As for the shadow? That I don't know. It could be anyone, and that's going to be a hassle. I wouldn't doubt that if we met them, whoever the shadow is, that we're in deep trouble."

"What about the hanyou who hears the wind's howls?" Masa was relieved they had moved away and sat close to her, "Hiei still works for Mukuro so, he might not go back. Yusuke lives at his desert palace since becoming kind, and I'm pretty sure that Kurama bounces. What about you? Will you put your quest on hold and go back to your village, or extend it and go visit Nigenkai for the new experience?"

"That'd be Ryo." Saiyuri explained. "She's the one who can control the wind kinda like how Jin can." She shrugged. "It can't be anyone else. Hanyous are too rare and not many of them can control elements. To have two hanyous running around that can be wind? That's way to coincidental." She frowned at his other question, "I...don't know. I feel like I have to see things through all the way to the end. I feel like there's no such thing as a "pause" for this kind of quest. I find them all, or I don't. If that means traveling to a new world...well..I can lose some more sleep I guess." She laughed lightly.

"You sure slept soundly yesterday by using me as a pillow," Masa teased her, taking a sip of his own drink, "I'm sure my mother would tell me to go to Human World to get more experience, and I'm used to traveling anyway. We'd both have to get some new threads in order to blend in, which would be the only weird part...especially for me..."

She blushed at the pillow comment and looked away from him, her cheeks tinting. "I heard human clothes are super tight." She explained after a moment. "Like to the extreme uncomfortable. I think there's stories where they can't even move. I also heard that they like to dye their hair in different colors, so, I think for the moment anyone with different colors is safe now. Thank goodness." She tugged at her brown locks. "I don't know what color hair I'd have to dye it to be otherwise."

"Your hair is gorgeous the way it is. There's many kinds of human clothes, though. There's loose ones and dresses, pants and skirts and blouses. Kurama and the others might be better to ask about specifics, but it's not all tight. I think the 'uncomfortable' part might be the bras instead of bindings and those things from like, a few centuries ago called corsets?" Masa shook his head, "No, though. What I'm talking about is...ah...finding something to wear for a top..." His face tinted so much it glowed in the firelight. Setting the mug he had on the dirt in front of him, he hooked his hand under his haori, then shifted it down while he flipped his hair over his shoulder. His wings unfurled from their folded position and spread to their full length, "This is why...I don't think a regular ol' t-shirt like Kuwabara has will be enough. I might need a vest like Otou-san."

Saiyuri stared at the wings that he showed her, and let herself glimpse at the small amount of body that she was able to see. He was well fit and it was clear that Kuronue worked him hard to train him to be powerful. She looked back at his wings, which were beautiful to her. They reminded her of the night sky. Different shades of blue and purple that made him…well…him. God. But she had to focus. “Oh.” Great. That was all she could say. She wanted to bang her head on something. She was so /bad at this/.

Masa's breathing was a bit labored and at her one little word he glanced back at her. Her face looked like it was burning just as much as his was. Clearing his throat he folded them back up and put his haori back on, "G-Gomen...I coulda just told you. I guess I just...um...wanted you to see how difficult it might be to find something to wear?" That sounded so lame even to him, "I do have to say Nigenkai's clothes are pretty thin in comparison to what I'm wearing now. It's also winter there, so you have to wear multiple layers. I guess I'll have that going for me."

Saiyuri shivered, despite the warmth from the bonfire. "Well, winter never killed me yet." She smiled a little, hoping to ease his embarrassment. "But multiple layers might be the best thing for the both of us. We'll keep a watch out for each other, so we don't slip up. Okay?"

"Okay, that sounds like a deal to me," Masa took his drink and held it out to her to clink with him.
~+~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 1:35 am

It was well passed midnight and the lightwaits were dragged home, a lot of the food demolished, children in bed. Unlike humans, as soon as some more rowdy demons lost their clothes the kids didn't bat an eye. A few even shed their own and it was a new game for them. Ryo just giggled and watched at one point Shika led Masa as he carried a poor lightweight Saiyuri to a spare guest hut she was sure most of them would all be sharing by the end of the night. That hadn't been discussed at all, and it made her wonder. Kuronue had his own hut, and Masa might be sharing with him if he didn't stay as guard over Sai. Kurama might be sleeping in his old one as well. Hiei might sleep in the trees, she didn't know why but that felt like something he would do. Kuwabara, Yusuke, and herself were left, so guest hut it was for her to be with her friend.

Shaking her head, Ryo looked at Yusuke while he watched Kurama closely. Rei had demanded a drinking contest for old times and the wuss had long since bowed out. She was too curious to enter, Kuwabara was honestly too human and hadn't had a single drink all night since demon booze was insane. "What made you not enter the drinking contest?" she decided to ask, coming closer. Some more demons dropped after another round of drinks, Kuronue and Kurama smiling pleasantly at each other.

“Because I know better when Kurama’s in the middle of it. Hiei too. Those two can drink like it’s water.” Yusuke said, sitting down next to her and stretched out on the ground. “They’re the ones you /really/ gotta watch out for. Those demons who are drinking with them probably already know that and broke out the good stuff. I’d just be ruining any and all reputation if I tried competing. What about you?” He asked peeking over at her. “You look like someone who knows how to have a good time.”

"Oh, I do, but also know a lost cause when I see one," Ryo laughed, "I don't know Kurama, or Kuronue, but I know their stories. Just like you, why embarrass myself? Besides...I've stretched my drinks out through the party for a reason of my own." She pursed her lips together, "Dunno if you noticed, but I'm not completely demon. Not everyone can spot a hanyou when they see one."

"Huh. That explains a bit." Yusuke hummed as he looked at her. "Not saying anything bad about it. Just thought it felt familiar to me is all. We just met Kuronue just the other night, so we don't know him either sides Kurama. Hell /I'm/ shocked that he has a girlfriend that he didn't tell us about. Kinda wonder if he forgot or something." He shrugged. "I mean, she punched him squarely, so I guess that he probably did." He shook his head. "Though it looks like Masa might hook up with Saiyuri sooner or later. Think that'll be a good thing? A priestess and a priest?"

"Those things are different here," Ryo smiled, "It's not like being a monk or a nun. There's no vow of abstinence or anything like that, just a vow to be dedicated and loyal. If a virgin nun was to be raped she would be impure. Virginity doesn't mean shit in Makai, so if the same thing happened, the real challenge would be to keep from revenge, but purity holds no meaning besides your actions. You could have the peaceful mentality as Saiyuri does and be a so-called whore with no real consequences. In fact, it's encouraged to get together with other priests and priestesses, and there is no taboo for loving your guards if you're royalty. Kings and Queens loving peasants or anyone lower than them would be a huge boost of moral for the people and the person, not a disgrace for the hierarchy. Makai is all about power and resources. Priests and Priestesses and Healers and Warriors produce ridiculously powerful offspring."

"That was kinda what I was going after." Yusuke explained after hearing the small rant. He understood that part completely. The human world was really weird about sex, especially in the West. At least the East they knew how it worked and viewed it a little more normally than others. "Sorry, I should've phrased it better. That's why I like Makai more than the human world. Things are both a lot simpler here and a hella lot more complex. I wouldn't really enjoy being forced to marry someone cuz I need an offspring or something like that. Nah, I was more or less worried about whether or not it'll hurt /them/." He shrugged. "Your people needs a priestess, yeah? He's part of the Fundir line. If her lineage goes to him, wouldn't that hurt your people? I think that's what I was trying to get at."

"Oh! Hmm..." Ryo tapped her chin as a few more rounds passed and more demons were dragged away from the table, Kuronue and Kurama looking like they were having a nice chat over tea rather than hard liquor. "I think that would be something they would have to discuss themselves, how they'd handle it, but ultimately I don't think it would. They'd share and take turns. Masa is an anomaly in the Fundir line. A male in a dominantly female lineage. He could have as many children as he wished I think, which means as long as one of them learns the Fundir rituals and such, they'd be fine. Same with Saiyuri's. Neither of them are very strict about /having/ an heir every generation. I think the Fundir line goes so far back, there might've even been a point where they didn't have one for a while, but because they live so long someone found their way home. Naia is nearly 300 years old and has at least two hundred more years to go. She could even get lucky again and have a second child for all we know, or at least be alive plenty long enough for a grandchild."

"Makes sense then." Yusuke nodded after a moment, "But what about you? You're a priestess in training right? I forgot about that. Wouldn't you be the next person too? Or no, that's not how it works?"

"Backup I suppose...more life experience for me?" Ryo shrugged, "I don't have what it takes to take the mantle. Not for lack of trying, but because my element itself is wind, not earth. Kinda like how I stayed back yesterday to watch over things with Kuwabara. Emergencies, not a true Priestess for that village. I'm also too much of a fighter. Saiyuri wouldn't punch anybody unless they punch her first. If you'd ask me to punch you I probably would, just because you asked for it," she smirked, "I'm not very Priestess-y."

Yusuke laughed hard and he shook his head, "You know she admires my friend. Acts /just/ like him too it's so fucking weird." He smiled warmly. "She's also a pretty innocent kid. Kinda makes me worried about dragging her all over the place. I don't really get why the La'tai just won't come out and say what they want to say, but they're certainly not doing it for our benefit. I get that she has to prove herself and all, but..." He shrugged. "I dunno. I think she's a good kid. I think I'd rather have her watch over a shrine than...well...anyone of us really. We'd just suck at it."

"Haha, and what do you have to say for yourself being King with that logic?" Ryo placed her fingers over her lips lightly in amusement. She wasn't there for the volcano visit, so she didn't have anything to say about that.

"I'm a better fighter and I can punch harder than the rest of the idiots in Makai and the Queen was corrupt and I said fuck it I'll do what I want?" Yusuke answered with a smirk.

"Pretty accurate," Ryo grinned widely, "That's your whole career, saying fuck it. I may be a hanyou and lived in Nigenkai all my life until last year, but I've heard plenty about you. Listened to the tournaments and all. You're a force to be reckoned with, and that's really fuckin' bitchin'." She leaned closer with another smirk, "How about we both grab another drink and get a little bit more drunk? This contest could take a while and I don't particularly have the patience to sit here until they're finished like the rest of their loyal following."

"Sounds like fun to me." Yusuke grinned as he sat up. "I bet you'll get drunk before me."

"Oh, shall we have our own mini contest?" Ryo challenged.

"Damn right!"

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 3:02 am

"Kuronue, if I don't forfeit this match you'll be sleeping by the embers tonight. You're the heaviest of the two of us to carry, even when I'm transformed," Kurama hummed. His voice wasn't slurred and his vision wasn't blurry, but it was getting close to dawn and it had been quite an emotional day. He did want to sleep some before the return to the mansion.

Kuronue laughed, but he was already on his way to to the tipsyville that Kurama was talking about. "Yeah that's true and we drank enough to kill about oh, eightteen humans and maybe seven hanyous." He grinned as he stood up from his spot, wavering slightly. "I agree about sleeping it off though. My beauitful Naia would kick my ass if I came home hung over. It wouldn't look good in front of Masa though I saw him wander in after Saiyuri." He tapped the table.

"Ryoko and Yusuke disappeared about two hours ago as well to the same hut. Kuwabara had crashed there before our contest began, so I'm sure Yusuke will tell him all about it. Hiei is a bit of an insomniac, so now we're done he'll make an attempt to sleep for sure." Kurama got to his feet slowly, not wanting to aggravate the alcohol in his system into making him dizzy. "It's going to be...different...sleeping in my hut after so long. Especially with Shika there. I'm not about to kick her out of a place she's made her home, however."

Kuronue understood that, and he watched his friend or a moment. He smiled softly, "Just lay down, if she starts talking in her sleep you can just shove her off the futon. If she pushes you off first, remember that a pillow to the head works." He waved. "Other than that, you're overthinking things again. It's only awkward if you say something."

Another hum, "That's true." He walked around the table, "I can at least walk you to yours before I go to mine. Make sure you don't fall on your face."

Kuronue laughed, "Oh hell nah. You're going to your hut man. You're not gonna play "stall the inevitable" with me." He waved. "She's not gonna bite ya unless you beg her to!"

"I should shove you over and watch you suffer," Kurama rolled his eyes, "Fine. G'night, Kuro, I'll see you in a a couple hours."

Kuronue didn't let him linger, being the watcher instead of the watched as Kurama took the fastest path back to his hut. So much. So much had happened these last few days. This mission and helping heal Saiyuri's people. Then his oldest friend, and today his mate. No, not /his/ mate. Not yet. Youko's. He thought he'd finally stopped the whole three lives, three personalities thing. For the most part he had, only Youko referred to him as Shuichi unless he was around his human mother. Youko didn't even come out much except for that recent battle with the queen and for both Kuronue and Shika. Youko understood the need to be separate, but even he didn't want him to die by separating his body from him to be his own. He could, to be with them again, to live this life again, and he would disappear. Yusuke needed him, though.

It was a dilemma. Shika was the person he was sure was part of the riddle/prophecy they had been given. That meant she would have to come with them. What would happen to their village? Her village? They may wear his uniform, but they were loyal to Shika. Who would she put in charge? Kuronue didn't live that life anymore, had told him as much in a private talk. Masa had been taught the basics, how to spot traps and disable them as well as stealth and picking locks, but nothing more. The boy was a straightforward fighter and a healer priest.

Rubbing his face with a deep sigh, he opened the door and stepped inside, discarding his shoes to the side and walked further into the hut, taking a better look around.

Even though a bunch of his things were still around, he noticed that there were a lot of her affects that had started to take place too. The flower vase that was holding the flowers, he never seen before. It was a porcelain blue with a painted outside scene of some sort. It was hard to tell in the dawn’s early light of what it could be. He also saw that she had also claimed an armoire. It was tall, made from a dark oak tree, and beautifully carved with an intricate design. There was also an addition of a new bookcase, not yet completely filled.

He ran his fingers over the armoire, admiring the craftsmanship. It surprisingly fit well with the rest of the furniture, too. Shaking his head he moved towards the bedroom, seeing her curled up on her side and sleeping soundly. She had left after the first couple rounds, knowing it would last forever anyway. There was plenty of room on the bed, but it just...felt too easy, and wrong. Per request, Youko kept those memories foggy, but he couldn't block it completely with how seamless their mental integration was. So, it really did feel as though he just met her even though he had known her for a long time. He supposed that was what shocked Youko as well. He was pretty sure there had never been a case such as his, being lifebonded and soulbonded at the same time.

That brought him to his current situation. With all of Kuronue's teasing, he wouldn't do it even if she asked. Instead, he stepped closer to her on her side and leaned over, brushing away strands of hair that could tickle her nose and wake her. Leaning down, he brushed a feather-light kiss on her cheek, "Thank you...for a second chance. Sleep well, Shika, we have a lot to talk about." He pulled away and headed back to the living room, shaking the blanket out from being folded over the back of the couch, and propped an arm behind his head as he leaned back against the couch pillows.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 4:54 am

When Shika awoke the next morning, the first thing she noticed was the alcohol taste that still lingered in her mouth, and the feeling that something was in the hut. Quietly, she grabbed her sword and she rolled out of the futon. She kept her steps and her energy down low to not alert the intruder and walked out of the bedroom. She edged just a little out of the room when she saw Kurama sleeping on the couch, his red hair falling down his face like blood water falling down a small hill. He looked beautiful in his sleep, his lips slightly parted and looked soft. He looked vulnerable, but she knew better.

Or did she? He wasn’t the same person that she had fallen in love with. As cliche as it was, he was completely different, soul wise too. Youko really did do the dumb thing, and soul-jumped into another being. A soul that wasn’t rejected completely out of a body too. She had promised him that she was going to love Shuuichi as he was. But she felt like that might be hard. Not just on her, but on him. This person that he was now, probably was really confused about all of this. Shika could guess that it would be like trying to live two lives straight.

A clean slate wasn’t possible. Not with him. But she certainly could try to make his life easier. She attached the sword to her hip and she took a breath in and she let it out slowly. She carefully walked over to him and gently rested her hand on his shoulder. “Hey.” She said, quietly as she carefully shook him. “Wake up, Kurama. Or Shuuichi. We need to talk about names here. I don’t know what yours is.”

"Kurama...just Kurama. You only have to call me Shuuichi when you meet my mother," Kurama covered his mouth as he yawned and opened his heavy eyes to look at her more directly, "How did you sleep?"

"Better than you." Shika teased lightly as she stepped back so she wasn't too much in his personal bubble. "I was kinda surprised that you decided to take the couch though it was a good idea. Breakfast?" She asked heading off towards the kitchen to start gathering things. "We got a lot of things to talk about, and I'm not doing it when I'm starving nearly to death."

"Of course. I can help you cook it, too," Kurama sat up with a soft groan and stretched, rubbing the sleep crust from his eyes as he followed her to the kitchen, "What do you have for me to work with?"
It didn't take very long at all with the two of them working together, and soon they were sitting together on the couch halfway through the meal they whipped up. Kurama was the first to speak, "Your mind is racing."

"So is yours." Shika commented offhandedly, but she had to agree that her mind was indeed in chaos. She was trying to keep it together though, even if it wasn't working to her advantage. "I guess I'm wondering what brought you to the village to begin with." She shrugged helplessly. "I could start playing the twenty questions game if you'd think that won't annoy you too while I'm at it."

"It takes quite a lot to annoy me, Shika. I can promise you that," Kurama smiled tenderly, "I'm actually on a mission with Yusuke and several of the others I'm with. They were following my lead because Kuro had mentioned you were alive, and I felt you were important to our quest."

"Quest?" Shika frowned, raising eyebrow up. "Thanks for thinking of me like I'm sort of afterthought," she rolled her eyes sarcastically. "So, what kind of quest are you on? Has to be important if you're dragging around two priests, a dead thief, and a bunch of royalty around."

"I...yes. We're after an artifact that is unstable. It was stolen on it's journey between locations. The La'tai said it opens doors between desires and despairs, but wasn't more specific than that. They also gave us a sort of cross between a prophecy and a riddle. You were the one who didn't lose hope," Kurama explained.

"An artifact that opens doors?" Shika blinked sitting up a little straighter. She blushed a little at the "didn't lose hope" comment. It felt...nice really...to be seen as someone like that. "The La'tai told you about this? Really?" She whistled. "So that means that Saiyuri's the Earth Maiden then." She shook her head. "I heard of it before. But I always chalked it up to legend. Same with the La'tai."

"It was actually a tradition for Saiyuri's family and Masa's family to go there, but Naia has too much Ice Element in her blood to go, and Saiyuri's mother died before she could show her the way," Kurama shook his head sadly, "It's very deep in a volcano system. Jin had to show us the way."

Shika nodded her agreement. "Yeah, Masa's also afraid of fires, so I'm kinda surprised he actually went /down/ into a volcano. Saiyuri made a strong impression on him. I should bet with Kuronue when they'll mate." She smiled and turned to Kurama. "Okay, so somehow I'm part of the quest. Do you have any idea on who else is part of it? I can bet that we're missing a few people still."

"Ryoko is a wind hanyou. I can smell the wind on her like Jin and her blood is slightly human like Yusuke's. So, she's part of it. I'm pretty certain we're only missing two...the human who will bow to no demon, and the shadow who's seen too much? I'm paraphrasing of course." Kurama's brow furrowed, "We'll have to make a trip and perhaps stay in Nigenkai for a while. Kuwabara's body can't withstand this world's air an environment much longer. Pretty sure at this point Yusuke's protecting him, since it's been at least three days if not going on four."

"Jeez...." Shika shook her head from side to side. "That's a full group. A shadow and a human. Do you need me to come to Ningenkai? You probably already have a bunch of people going, but the world is massive and Japan has a lot of people to scour. You need all the eyes you can get."

"Kuwabara has a hunch of his own that he's going to follow up on. He can't miss anymore school, on top of the world shock, so he kind of has to either way. You coming with is something I have been wondering about. Just because you know all of this doesn't mean you have to come with us right away. You can stay here until we need you most. If you /do/ come with us...who are you going to put in charge?" Kurama watched her carefully.

"Rei." It was an easy answer for her. "He's been my second in command since you guys had left. He has ideas to make this place grow. But at the same the only thing we really butt heads with, is the rate of growth. This is good for him. But you know me, I was a bit on the greedy side. I wanted this place to have a lot. But I won't be giving up my title any time soon. If he tries, we'll fight, I'll get it back, and I'll pick better and reverse the damage."

"Rei is a good choice," Kurama smiled in relief, "I think at least for temporary until we get this all figured out, we can leave it to him. I don't think he'll know what to do with himself at first." He chuckled a bit, then stood and went to the kitchen to clean his empty plate, "Now that we have that settled, we should go see if the others are awake. We can play that 20 question game later, I promise. Do you have any Nigenkai clothes or is there a shopping trip for you, Saiyuri, and Masa in the near future?"

"Shopping trip." Shika said with a smile as she too went to the kitchen and cleaned her own plate, "And don't worry, those twenty questions might come up sooner than you think. I can't wait to try on those clothes. It'll be a lot of fun. I bet we could get Saiyuri dolled up. Oh! I know exactly what I'm gonna bet Kuro-kun too!" She snapped her fingers excitedly. "So much fun."

"Oh no, and so it begins," he teased playfully, but he had to admit he was also quite excited to see what everyone could come up with. Hopefully it wasn't too much of a culture shock for anybody.

~*~
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 2:35 pm

Yusuke was so happy to be back in the human world. The fresh air that held just a bit of metalic pollution, the traffic that was never ending and could be a lullaby, last but not least the temple where...."UNCLE HIEI!" Was the welcoming cries of two very young twin children who ran right up to Hiei and clung on to him like koala bears.

"Isamu...Akira..." Hiei's face contorted in a sideways scowl, but it only lasted maybe five to ten seconds before it disappeared and he sighed, "Where's your mother?"

"In the kitchen!" Akira beamed, pulling away, but still clinging on to him. "She's making tea and food! Papa is off somewhere again."

"Training, no doubt. This is his peek season with the snow," Hiei hummed, "We have guests, it's not just us. We have four more, so go tell Ka-san to lay out more teacups."

"Okay! Akira, we have a mission!" Isamu beamed and let go of Hiei to grab his sister's hand, bouncing up and down.

"Oh my god they're so adorable!" Saiyuri gushed as she watched Akira shout her agreement before running with her brother back into the temple. It was kind of surprising that Hiei was welcomed so quickly and that he was an uncle too, but it made her happy to hear about it anyway.

"Yeah it always surprises me that they have the same blood as him." Yusuke jabbed this thumb over at Hiei. "But he's always been a softy too. So it all works out in the end. You like kids Saiyuri? You should try playing with them."

"I get this feeling that your friend is setting up the priestess." Shika commented offhandedly to Kurama as she had watched the children run away. It didn't surprise her one bit that they would have the same blood as Hiei, Akira had his eyes, while Isamu had ice blue.

"I will cut you, Yusuke," Hiei threatened idly, but he continued down the hallway, "I'm certain Touya and Yukina would let anyone play with them. They need to know new people anyway."

"His subtle way of giving his permission to touch his sister's babies," Kurama grinned at Shika, "Hiei doesn't let anyone play matchmaker for him. He really is the least interested person in this group."

"With how you fight with him, Kuwabara, it must have taken a long time before you were able to," Ryo arched a brow at the tall man.

"Nah." Kuwabara grinned. "I'm the ultimate Uncle besides Hiei. Yukina let me be around them actually, same with Touya."

"Oh god you started up his ego." Yusuke drawled.

"You're just upset that I'm more well liked than you are," Kuwabara said right back.

"Please I can keep up with them! You tire out after five rounds!" Yusuke replied.

"It's true, he plays with them from dawn to dusk," Kurama nodded.

Shika whistled and they walked down the hallway and into the main room which was a large common area, with a nice fire place, a bunch of couches, and a nice table set up for tea. A woman with long minty green blue hair walked into the room carrying a tray with cups, her children helping with the cups too, but weren’t carrying trays. Her kimono flowery and also a nice, calming shade of ice blue as well. She had the sweetest smile on her face and Shika had to admit, any demon would fall for it.

She also could tell hands down that she was an ice maiden from the hidden glacier in the sky, but she wasn’t about to say that out loud. It made her wonder about Hiei, but it wasn’t any of her business.

“Oh wow.” Saiyuri gasped. “I knew that you were the maiden of the shrine, but I didn’t think you were this beautiful.”

Yukina's face when it blushed was a complete stark contrast to her snowy pale skin, "Only Kazuma ever talks to me that way. Who might you be?"

"Ka...zuma?" Ryo looked at Yusuke with a blank stare.

"It's Kuwabara's first name," Kurama answered instead, "Yukina and his sister are the only ones who call him by it."

"It's been a running joke that the oaf and this Earth Maiden are very much alike," Hiei told his sister as he took his seat in the window, a cup of tea in his hands even though Masa hadn't seen him go near the tray. That was his speed, he supposed.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." Saiyuri flushed a bright red before bowing. "I'm Suzuki Saiyuri, Earth Priestess. I-it's nice to meet you, Yukina-san."

"Oh! Just Yukina, please!" if it was possible her face got even more red, looking like a cherry. She had set down the items in her hand and bowed just as deeply to Saiyuri, "Pleasure to meet you! Welcome to our home!"

“It’s a blushing contest.” Shika beamed as Isamu handed her a cup of tea and went off to give Yusuke his. Akira gave her two to Kurama and Kuwabara respectively. Everyone else grabbed their tea cups from the tray. “I gotta say, I don’t know what I was expecting coming here, but it wasn’t this. You’re kids are adorable, Yukina. Saiyuri was just thinking about playing with them if they wanted her to.”

“Only with permission!” Saiyuri hastily said. “Hiei said you wouldn’t mind it.”

“I get this feeling that Saiyuri doesn’t remind him of Kuwabara, but of his sister.” Shika whispered her thoughts to Kurama, sipping on the cup.

They were all sat down on the couches and chairs, which made it difficult for Masa and Shika to keep theirs attached, having to set them beside them against the arm of their respective seats. Attention caught by the new 'oo shiny' objects, the twins flocked to their favorite. Isamu found himself by Shika's, "Oh wow! It's shape is so different than Uncle Hiei's! Kinda like Uncle Kuwabara's spirit one!"

“It’s a straight sword,” Shika explained, carefully pulling the blade out of the sheathe and setting down on her lap, making it go across Kurama’s in the process. It was clear now that it was ivory white on the blade as well as the hilt. “I like to call it Snowflurry. It’s a weird name for a sword, but it gets the point across to those who want to cross me anyway.”

"Does yours have a name?" Akira asked Masa with wide eyes, looking at the blue sheathe curiously. "It's really blue."

"I'm not taking it out," Masa didn't have to look at Hiei to feel him boring into his head with his warning glare. If looks could kill, right? "It's just steel. It's not as pretty as Auntie Shika's, and no, it doesn't have a name. It serves me just fine in the same purpose, though, to protect."

"It's made from a really rare metal, I don't even know the name of it." Shika laughed as she gently took the sheathe and placed the sword back where it belonged. She smiled at Isamu lightly, "It was a gift to me by someone really special. He broke my sword first though, well...that's what we used to tell people anyway."

"I think you should name it waterfall. Or star river or something." Akira said after a moment of thought, reaching out and touching the sheathe with her hand. "Uncle Hiei  named his sword "Katana"."

Masa listened to a couple people snort at the last part, Yusuke even covering his mouth to stifle his as Hiei just harrumphed. "Riverstar maybe?" he offered, "Star River doesn't flow quite as well off the tongue." He reached out and patted her head, her pleased as peaches smile contagious.

"He probably broke your first sword on purpose cuz this one protects you better!" Isamu told Shika like it was the answer to the universe.

Shika blinked a few times before smiling happily and brightly though her eyes misted just a bit. Kids were so awesome. Just so fucking awesome. "You know, I think that's what it is too. My other sword was really awful." She said honestly, "Can I give you a hug? That deserved a hug."

Akira smiled happily and nodded her head, "Riverstar." She agreed. "I like it better than just sword. You do okay. I like you. What's your name? I'm Akira."

Isamu climbed into Kurama's lap in order to reach Shika better and wrapped his arms around her neck happily, "Hugs make people happy! I like making people happy!"

"I'm Masa-kun, it's good to meet you Akira-chan," Masa cooed to her, taking his hand off of her head, "You should go say hello to the others or they might think I'm your new favorite before you met everybody and that's not fair."

"You're like the awesome person ever." Shika assured pulling away from Isamu and ruffling his hair. "I bet you'll be a great fighter or even a great peacemaker. Whatever you decide to do, I know you'll do really well at it. So, what /do/ you want to do when you grow up, Isa-kun? Is it alright if I call you that? You can call me Shi-chan if you want."

"Yusuke," Kurama called to their leader randomly, "If Hiei's the grumpy one, Touya's the stoic one, and Yukina's the shy one, where do they get their cheer from?"

"Probably a grandparent," Ryo shrugged like it was no big deal, missing Hiei tense.

"Maybe Kuwabara's infectiousness." Yusuke answered back. "He's always cheerful."

"Shi-chan can call me Isa-kun! I like that!" Isamu nodded vigorously, "I wanna protect people like Ka-san and Otou-san, but I dunno how yet. I'm still trying to figure that part out."

"They're not even a year old yet," Yukina explained to Shika, "They haven't quite come into their powers besides freezing the room when they're mad or upset."

"That's alright, I don't have any special powers." Shika explained. "I just got my sword and a buncha good luck. Maybe a flare up here and there, but that's if someone /really/ ticks me off. Just a year old huh? You're pretty hefty for one that's for sure. Tell you what, when you get older and you figured out how you wanna protect people, let me know and I'll help you anyway I can kay?"

"I can do that!" Isamu cheered and he hopped off of Shika, "You, you! Who are you?!" Isamu bolted for Ryo and she had to set her tea aside to catch him.

"I...um...I'm Ryoko, but just Ryo-chan works if you wanna call me that," Ryo didn't blush much, but she sure did this time, hoisting him up by the middle and balancing him on her knees, "Shi-chan's right, you're pretty hefty! I bet you'd give anybody who tried to hurt your family a run for their money!"

"You think so?!" Isamu looked bright eyed and bushy tailed, "Are you strong, too?! Do you protect your family?!"

"I like to think I do," Ryo agreed and lifted him up into the air, letting him 'fly' and he shrieked in excitement, "I had to protect people a couple days ago, that's how I met everybody."

"You must be special!" Isamu cheered when Ryo set him back on her knees, waving his arms wildly, "That's good! That's real good! Uncle YuYu needs someone special! His last special person left and made him sad!" Yusuke sputtered and choked but Isamu just looked really upset, "I made her freeze and leave. I didn't like her. She wasn't special."

“Easy kid,” Yusuke was really glad that he didn’t knock over the tea, but he was pretty certain some of it went up his nose. “Don’t start planning weddings yet.”

“What are those?” Akira asked, pointing at the bracelet that was on Saiyuri’s wrist. It was filled with pretty rocks and it looked really heavy. the metal it was hanging from looked worn and old.

“These are gemstones from my family,” Saiyuri explained. ‘We each have one and we put it on the bracelet, to show our decedent that they aren’t alone.”

“Do you have yours?”

Saiyuri shook her head, “I’m not able to get mine till I complete a quest.”

“A /quest/?” Akira gasped and then she reached down to pull out her necklace. She knew that she wasn’t supposed to show people this, but this person knew gemstones. “Momma cried this for me. She said hello and welcome and she gave me this to me.” She explained.

"I'm torn between failing from cuteness and flailing because she's showing things." Kuwabara hissed at Yusuke.

"Just flail." Yusuke whispered back. "Yukina's not even sure what to react to. Hiei's tensing up ready for a fight too."

“That’s really pretty.” Saiyuri smiled warmly at her, “But I think you were supposed to keep that hidden weren’t you?”

“But you need it.” Akira took it off and handed it to Saiyuri. “You said you don’t have a gemstone. That you gotta complete a quest.”

“That’s…not this.” Saiyuri said slowly, gently taking the necklace and slipping it back over Akira’s head. “My gemstone comes from something else.” She pointed at her chest. “It comes from here. So, I have to complete my task and they have to see if this can produce a gem stone. If it can, it’ll be added to the bracelet. If it can’t, well…” She shrugged. “I can’t say I’m a priestess anymore.”

“Well /I/ think you’re a priestess.” Akira said puffing her cheeks out. “So if you don’t get your gemstone, I’ll give you mine when I get older to make ‘em.”
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 4:04 pm

"Akira..." Yukina didn't use her warning voice very often, but because of that it got Akira's attention, "That doesn't belong to anybody but you. When you get older, you could make your own. I'm not going to stop you, but you don't give away other people's gifts." She knew her daughter didn't quite understand the importance of the stone quite yet, but it did hurt she would gift it away so freely, "Put it away under your shirt, and remember what Uncle Hiei and I told you."

"Go mama," Ryo muttered quietly and she set Isamu on the floor so he could run over to his sister.

"Aki-nee let's go play outside in the snow!" Isamu waved his arms, trying to diffuse the situation, "New people might have grown-up things to talk about!"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Akira nodded, "Okay! You have to help me make a snow-person though!" She told her brother, running off with her brother without a care.

"Well that was eventful," Shika watched the two of them go. She turned towards Saiyuri and Masa who were both looking at the door that the twins had run off on. She wondered if Kuronue was already telling Naia that Masa had a girlfriend. He certainly was trying to court her...in a fashion.

Yusuke sighed, "Isamu's waay to much like Touya I swear. Akira's trying her hardest though to be friendly, in her weird ways."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have encouraged it." Saiyuri frowned. "Children always become attached to the weirdest things. Sometimes, it's never things we want them to attach to."

"Yeah. Akira's always been more fond of things that play." Yusuke agreed, "But that's beside the fact, we gotta figure out how we're gonna narrow down our searches. Shadow and human."

"Like I said before, I gotta hunch I might know 'em." Kuwabara frowned placing his cup down, "We're looking for someone with strong spiritual energy. I don't run into many people like that. But there's always a few. I just gotta make sure they're the right ones."

"Yeah and how are you gonna figure that?" Yusuke gestured around the room, "Don't mean to burst your bubble, but Japan has millions of people. You can't sense them all and I'm not willing to sick Hiei on a bunch of civilians."

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 5:09 pm

"I'm not one of your attack dogs," Hiei hissed at him.

"No, more like an attack cat," Ryo retorted.

"Excuse you?" Hiei shifted on his window seat to face her more.

"Now, that's enough," Kurama held his hand up, "Let Kuwabara work on his hunch. Luck has been on our side so far. Of course, I am wondering when it will fail, but let's do what we can and work with what we have before we start panicking and breathing down each other's necks. Yusuke, you /know/ Kuwabara's instincts when it comes to things like this are good. Give him a chance."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 5:14 pm

Kuwbara playfully stuck his tongue out at Yusuke, but nodded. "I'll be going to college tomorrow. Hopefully we didn't jinx it and I'll find them then or around town." He looked at Kurama and Shika. "You two might want to try your luck too. Kurama's wicked good at finding things."

"Oh yeah, you could introduce her to your mom. I'll try to swing by and visit. I think that might be all of our goals." Yusuke agreed with a large smile on his face. "She's always been awesome."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Kurama inwardly blanched, glancing at Shika. He wasn't afraid of Shika meeting his mom, he was more worried about her state of dress. "I think...before any of that, perhaps we should get our guests some clothes to blend into their surroundings better. Shika, here in Nigenkai you'll have to rely on your powers rather than your sword. Touya will put it in a good place when he gets back."

"I can be like, the shopping guide," Ryo offered holding her hand up, "At least for Shika and Sai. Kuwabara, you might have to come along and help Masa find something in 'giant' size."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 5:45 pm

"Sounds like fun." Shika also blanched at the idea that she would have to leave her sword behind, but understood it. "Good thing I know how to fight hand-to-hand."

Saiyuri blinked, "That's right, you were in the human world first." She looked at Ryoko. "Maybe we should help with search too. You might've known someone that has powers too."

"This is going to be an awesome man-to-man bonding experience. I won't lead you wrong," Kuwbara assured Masa. "I'll take you shopping after class tomorrow."

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 7:28 pm

~*~

"Kuwabara! Where ya been?!"

"Dude, like you're never gone for so long. You sick?"

"Yeah! At least you weren't gone for a whole week like last month! You don't got any bruises, either."

"I took notes for you like that time, too, Kuwabara! Since we got all the same classes! Doing homework should be easier for ya this time than trying to catch up on a whole week's worth!"

Kimi looked up as she heard all of these people talking and making a bunch of racket. The huge ginger that'd entered the classroom was swarmed by people and he answered them all in turn. He'd been gone three days, though someone had said he'd skipped out on Sunday's team meeting for one of his clubs, so ultimately four days. She wondered where he'd disappeared to, but shrugged and looked back down at her own work wile she listened.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 7:41 pm

"Heh, heh sorry about that guys." Kuwabara turned over to one of the classmates, "Thanks for the notes. I'm sorry that you had to go through all the extra trouble." He turned to the other. "Just sick. It wasn't anything too awful, but I didn't want anyone else catching it." He walked over to his desk which was right next to Kimi's and he gave her a smile, "Hey Takako." He greeted her, like usual.

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 12:09 am

Kimi grinned back at him wide and toothy, "Ey, Kuwabara. It's been pretty quiet around here without your boomin' voice to fill the void. The usual rowdy suspects have been disrupting the classes. I've been able to put them in their place while you've been gone, but they think they can be macho tough guys and keep it up."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 1:57 am

"Those guys, think they can get away with anything. Sorry to have abandoned you like that, Takako, but thanks for watching my back." Kuwabara grinned at her. "I'll make sure they don't try it again, though you probably got it locked down and tight."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Price of Will - VC & Lynx
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next