Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Price of Will - VC & Lynx

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynx-Tiger

Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 9:45 pm

Hisako gave Kurama a look that Kuwabara could almost say with honesty that it looked like Hiei's "so done" face. She raised an eyebrow and nodded her head. Probably agreeing to both statements. Kurama didn't look phased though. "How did you get them?" Kuwabara asked, looking at her. "And why did you give them to me?"

"The La'tai." Hisako answered. "You're human, aren't you? You're traveling back and forth. You should've been dead during your visit."

"Well that's accurate..." Kuwabara frowned. "Wait, you know where the La'tai are located?"

Hisako nodded.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 9:56 pm

"Either you followed us or you already knew how to get there," Kurama certainly wasn't happy, no, "Yet if you followed us, then why help us? Why did you give those necklaces to the humans of the group? Do you know something we don't?"
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 10:02 pm

"I like you, you ask the good questions." Hisako smiled at Kurama, but it wasn't really a smile. It wasn't a smirk. Kuwabara saw that smile once. It was a smile filled with pain, and a small bit of amusement. It was a smile, those dying sometimes would try to do. "Both. Because the La'tai asked me to. You should be suspicious of me. I don't mind. In fact, I'd worried if you weren't. That being said, I do know something you don't. I know the artifact."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 10:25 pm

"The Royal Family artifact?" He laid his arms over each other, narrowing his eyes at her. His nose was flaring especially now the wind was kicking up. That scent he recognized from himself, Kuronue, Shika and most of the bandit village. A killer, though she smelled like she bathed in blood. "So are you not an enemy to us? Will you come with us later and tell us more? Kuwabara can take our friend shopping and I can wait in the school library while you finish with the last of your classes."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 10:33 pm

Hisako nodded her agreement and she turned to Kuwabara. He didn't seem to be too phased, concerned, but...not overly so. She reached and she patted his head a few times before walking off. Kuwabara frowned and looked at Kurama, who was watching her leave. "You sure you want me to go with Masa?" He asked after a moment. "I know you can handle things, but...is she really that dangerous?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 10:38 pm

"Dangerous, yes. To us? That has yet to be decided. So far, she seems willing to going along with us. I'll meet you at the temple later. I think things will be okay. She has things to say," Kurama explained.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 10:43 pm

~+~
Hisako walked through the temple doors and into the main room, and she immediately felt the demon's energy rise. The girl with the blonde hair immediately tensed, though she didn't say anything. The demon by the window was looking at her, but wasn't moving or doing anything. Yusuke and the girl next to him were both staring at her, both trying to figure out where she was in their group.

But the priestess she was upset. She was shaking, upset. Hisako knew that standing was only going to aggravate the situation more, so she sat down, crossing her legs.

"Did you soul jump too?" Yusuke asked, looking at her. "I never thought a demon would willingly come to the human world, just to go to school."

"I have many interests." Hisako replied. "School just happens to be a hobby."

"She knows things about the artifact, Yusuke." Kuwabara said, "it's one step closer to understanding what we're getting ourselves into."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 11:15 pm

Masa was still picking at his clothes, even if he liked them. He was glad not to wear the heavy jacket over his wings, going to sit next to Saiyuri when he felt her distress and rubbed her back. He didn't know what to do, he didn't recognize her even though he recognized the smell, so he decided to wait. If she knew about the Artifact then she needed their undivided attention.

"A lot of humans find human school to be a prison, which is why he was confused I'm sure," Ryo added.

"I smell blood on you, but it's not your personal scent," Hiei's eyes narrowed a fraction, "Is it that wound we were told about?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 11:27 pm

Hisako undid the glamor again, and Kuwabara noticed that it had reopened just a bit. It wasn't enough to bleed too badly, but it was enough to show the cracks in the scabbing. Hell, he was kind of surprised that wound /was/ scabbing. She looked at it and shrugged.

Yusuke frowned, "There's not many demons that'd save a human. So I'm going out on a limb here and saying you know the prophecy."

"I don't care for things like that," Hisako looked at him, placing her hand down. "It's not my problem. The La'tai on the other hand thinks otherwise, and that it should be. But they were the ones who decided to take on the responsibility of the artifact. We didn't tell them to." There was a pause, she tilted her head like she was thinking. "I didn't tell them to." She said slowly, like she was tasting every word.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 11:59 pm

"You speak as though you're quite a bit older, as if you have a past you unlocked," Masa tapped his chin, "Uncle Touya talks like that and so does Uncle Jin sometimes. Hey..." He reached up and unhooked a teal colored earring, "Um...Hisoka was it? If you come here I can fix that for you. Ka-san might not be happy with me, but..." A sign of trust, he hoped. She looked like she needed someone to trust her at least.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 12:04 am

Hisako blinked at the Fundir priest, knowing that the earring was from that line. She looked at her hand and she gave him a barely there smile. She got up from her seat and walked over to him, holding her hand out to him. She watched him put a few drops of it on her hand and she watched it heal with knitting skin together. She smiled at him softly, "No. I don't have a past." She said after a moment. "Have you ever heard of the Lost Village?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 12:21 am

Hiei straightened up an tilted his head at her, "That sounds familiar."

"Doesn't ring a bell...if it happened anytime within the last twenty to twenty-five years, then no," Kurama shook his head.

"Me neither..." Ryo shrugged.

"Kinda? Might've heard it...but I don't know," Masa furrowed his brows, putting his earring back on.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 12:33 am

"I know." Shika said after a moment of thought. "That was the slaughter that happened a long time." She frowned, "You were the Lost Child?"

"She was," Saiyuri said, shaking. "I remember that massacre. It happened on Mount Hei. It was a jagged area. Not many people can climb it, no one comes down from it alive. We felt it, those who were attached to the earth. My mother ran over there as fast as she could, but she came back not even a moment later and all she could say was that there was no one to save." Her eyes burned at Hisako. "You were the one who did it too. Slaughtered everyone you could. So I don't understand why the La'tai would tell you to come find us. I certainly don't understand where you get off saying that the artifact belongs to you!"

Hisako didn't flinch. "Yes." It was the simplest answer. "But I never said belonged. I said protect. There's a difference. It belonged to the Royal Family back before the worlds split. King David was the one who created it a long time ago, and gave it to the Lost Village to protect. It wasn't called Lost Village, but...since the slaughter, it was." She walked back to her seat and sat down, her eyes lowered for a moment, before looking at them. "The artifact was created a long time ago. Back when King David was ruler. I'm talking millenniums ago."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 12:50 am

"Before the worlds split? That long ago?" Kurama blinked, "That sounds even before mine and Kuronue's time. Before they were Makai and Nigenkai there was a barrier. It was a very slow, slow process. There were four families, the Fundir and Suzuki as well as two others that completely died out, the other elements Fire and Wind. Of course there was the fifth, the Spirit. I'm on the fence on whether or not you, Kuwabara, are part of that family. With your morphed sword that can split the barrier Sensui was trying so hard to accomplish."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 1:06 am

Kuwabara blinked, "I wouldn't know. I don't think our family goes that way back, but I know that everyone in my family could deal with spirits and what not. My sister can, and I know my dad could."

Hisako frowned, but nodded her head. "That long ago." She leaned back. "I don't know. I wasn't born. But what I do know is that King David made the artifact and gave it to my family to keep. He told my family that he wanted it to be used during a time of depression. He said that, he hoped that the worlds would come back together again. But he also said that he understood if it wouldn't come to pass. Therefore, we needed to keep it safe. Because there's other doors that could be unlocked, should someone make a wish and have it be granted, who knew what would come to pass. But he also said that he wanted to keep a spark alive. Therefore, we were supposed to hold onto it...and wait for someone from the Royal Family to take it back."

"Then the slaughter happened?" Yusuke asked, making Saiyuri tense and Shika stare.

"The artifact was lost before that even happened. I don't know how it was found by the La'tai." Hisako said softly, "I  know that people in my village felt like they needed to make the wish and make the wish at that moment when King David passed. Other people felt like it would be a waste, as King David only had one child, but that child was lost in the midst of war. There were few that didn't want temptation. Therefore, they decided that it should be hidden in a shrine of sorts. Behind as many powerful wards as it can be protected behind. That's hard to do, considering that King David's spirit energy can't really be contained. Anyone could hear the siren's call if they're within earshot. But we tried to make it so that they'd only be lured, and think that it's because we're strong. Not because of the artifact. Though, I do recall a war that damaged the shrine, and the artifact lost. I wouldn't doubt that the La'tai used it in their advantage. They don't like being scorned. I can't blame them though. Demons are fickle creatures, and they're rock. David trusted people over rocks. I'm sure they felt like David didn't trust them, or perhaps they felt like David thought that they had desire. The La'tai takes pride in not having anything but contentment. But, it could've been anything. The La'tai are rock people. Our mountains are their domain no matter where you're from. If they can get to you, they probably think that anything you're protecting is automatically theirs, but I could also be highly wrong. I don't pretend to know them."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 11:17 am

Then her own story was flawed when it came to her village. He could read her mind, but that would be too easy. Her own body language and words broke the spell that she was a force to be reckoned with. Hiei folded his arms, "Perhaps the artifact was also damaged when the shrine was? That could be why it became unstable as well."

"Yes, if the seal on the artifact was broken, because your King David was so powerful, it could have started leaking it's energy. That could increase the call, maybe even drive someone to be drunk or mad and want more," Kurama contemplated.

"Too much of a good thing?" Masa looked at Hisako, "King David sounds like a benevolent ruler, and his energy and intentions pure. To me it sounds like it would effect a person's mind differently depending on their true feelings."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Hisako sighed and shrugged after a moment, "It could." She said after a moment. "And Masa's right. The artifact looks deep in to your wish. It reads between the lines of your desire. Are you a good witch? Or are you a bad witch?"

"Wizard of Oz oh wonderful," Yusuke said dryly.

"That being said, I should go home." Hisako looked at her watch. "I'm not fond of twilight hours." She stood up and smiled pleasantly. "I'm not hard to find and you're not hard to find. I'll come back, if I'm needed."

"We just got back, Kuwabara has classes, so does Kimi. We take them out too soon and well, they're both gonna suffer." Saiyuri frowned.

Hisako shrugged. "I gave you guys a method to keep the humans alive. Everything else, is just fine too. I should leave." She bowed shortly before heading out of the main room, humming softly.

"I don't trust her." Saiyuri said after a moment of silence.

"I don't know, something's contradicting in her story." Shika frowned, "Hiei?" She blinked when she watched him flit away. "Huh..."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 6:04 pm

"Something's caught his interest, or rather...someone." Kurama watched him go with the faintest hint of a smile, then looked at Saiyuri, "I think...a cup of Yukina's tea will do well for all of us, and I'm sure everything will be alright."

~*~

She did seem more afraid as the winter day grew shorter and the darkness creeped further up, so he didn't prevent her from leaving the Temple and aggravating her. No, he decided to let her go home to her own turf so she would feel safer. When people were in their own territory they tended to let their guard down.

Hisoka took the train once she made it to the city, but it didn't matter. As well as she masked her energy to the point even Kuwabara's sensitive force couldn't tell the difference between human and demon, he was able to track it. He was rather unimpressed with her living accommodations, but mainly because it was just the same and just as plain as those around it.

Unfortunately, this was where the game of chase ended and she rounded and stared at the tree he was in before she even unlocked her door.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 6:39 pm

She could see him, it was easy. He was trying to blend with the shadows and he was really good at that, but she had him made. She glanced behind her and sighed loudly, "Come in." She called up to the tree. "Unless you want us to have a shouting match and have my neighbors wonder what problems I have with your tree."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 6:54 pm

"If you think that's a good idea, then I will. I won't be surprised if you kick me out in less than five minutes, however." Hiei jumped down and his hands were in his pockets as he walked up to her. Something about her was off. What it was he hadn't picked up on yet. Maybe time observing her naturally and he would be able to pick up on it. "You prove to be an interesting challenge, Hisako." He commented as she allowed him to enter first. Keeping him in her sights. Smart woman. That was fine, he didn't mind having his back to her. She didn't scare him, and it wasn't because of arrogance. It was because of what he'd figured out earlier.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 6:59 pm

"Challenge? Not sure about the kicking you out, that depends." Hisako questioned, pulling the door shut. She kept it unlocked, and she turned on the lights swiftly. Her apartment building was small, a one bedroom, one bath. She didn't have couches or any type of sitting, but she did acquire a small sitting table with a couple of pillows. She was glad that she didn't have to be caught outside in the dark. She set her bag against the wall and gestured for him to sit in the living room. "Not much," she said, but not too apologetically. "Jumping between worlds means on acquiring what looks necessary to blend in."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 7:22 pm

"I don't need anything. I just want information," Hiei toed off his shoes and found a place at her kotatsu table, though he didn't bother getting under the blanket, just sat on it. "My first question for you is...if the artifact was lost before the La'tai claimed it, and the lure on your village was broken, then why was it attacked?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 7:33 pm

"You're right, I'm kicking you out," Hisako deadpanned, but her sarcasm was enough to keep Hiei staying. She was kind of thankful for that. She liked being able to say things and not have people get upset. "Hm." She tapped her fingers on her table for a moment and decided to say something. "Kids say things, and when they say things, it's best you don't hurt them. They don't understand a lot of the time, why the things they're saying are wrong. I had just completed my training with just weaponry and I was able to go out and see if I couldn't get minor assassination jobs, any major ones had to be with a mentor to show me how a job is supposed to go. Then I'd be able to be a true assassin once I took the test. When I was out and about, a group of demons got me cornered and I was scared and I said things. I said things about what kind of assassin I was, and that I could kill them all. I was dumb." She laughed a little. "It was seriously dumb. But they didn't like the threat. They left me alone, I went home, next night...everyone was dead. All of the houses were burned and I watched it all. I was dragged outside, after being sliced opened, and forced to watch every single person fight for their lives, burn alive, die gruesomely. I watched the rapes and the children. They were quite surprised that I lived to see the end, but they believed that I'd be bleeding out soon. I saw what they wanted me to see. I was going to die knowing that it was my fault. Their revenge was complete. I was saved, by a priestess of the Earth. She bandaged me up, but I refused to go with her. I left. She was a bit concerned for my sanity and I don't blame her, but I couldn't return to the mountain for a while. It wasn't till...ten years ago? I returned. The woman probably thought it was safer to keep me dead, than to tell her daughter that there was someone from the Lost Village that was alive. Of course, that was safety unneeded. I killed enough to get a reputation. The Lost Assassin is one of the few titles I hold. Though, there's no pride in it. Not really."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 7:56 pm

He took his time processing what she said. He'd seen things that the bandit group he spent five years of his life in did. Demons were demons. No sympathy for the weak. Those like Saiyuri and Masa were a rarity. In fact, most demons didn't have the privilege of /looking human/ like himself. Even he had a white patch in his hair and red eyes that kept him apart, and then his transformed state from his Jagan made him look like a low level 'monster' as the humans would call it. He hadn't used that form since the Netherworld because he hated it and was ten times more powerful as he was than when he met Yusuke and needed that form to be stronger.

Ultimately, everything she told him only make him blink a few times at her. "So you have a scar to forever remember your weakness. Yet I'm sure you have plenty more to show your strength. That's what matters. You became what you were meant to be; an assassin. They would be proud either way. That is how we work. You persevered. Yes you outed them and killed them, but their deaths were not in vain."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Hisako could only smile warmly, "That's how I see it too." She shook her head from side to side. "So I use the story and let everyone think that I did it. Of course, you know why, being a demon yourself. But I noticed you said "first" question. I'm going out and saying you have more?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Price of Will - VC & Lynx   Price of Will - VC & Lynx - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Price of Will - VC & Lynx
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next