Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

There's an Ace up my Sleeve

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

There's an Ace up my Sleeve Empty
PostSubject: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 9:58 pm

"Oi." There's a childish voice that penetrated her dreams. "Oi. Get up! Up! I'd shake you awake, but I can't interact with the human world that way."

Human? World? Meg's eyes slowly flickered open and there was a little boy staring down at her. She let out a surprised gasp and shot up, moving backwards and flicking on the light to make sure it wasn't her imagination. The boy was wearing a long flowery navy kimono and his hair was stark white. There was even black horns that were protruding on the top of his head.

"What on earth are you?!" Megumi demanded.

"Well that's not very nice. I thought you were attached to Orion way back then. Oh? He made you forget?" The boy frowned. "Well, I guess he was right in doing that...I mean...it's enough trouble as it is. Right. Sorry. My name is Regulus. I'm a servant of a kami-sama who oversees parallel universes. And boy did you and your lover boy fuck up."

It felt a little unnerving that a child that was so much younger than her was swearing, yet was probably older than her by centuries. Regulus nodded, his blue eyes shining. "I see you got the gist of it. Good. We need to hurry now. You don't have a lot of time."

"A lot of time for what?"

"I'll explain later. Right now, you're going to have to trust me." Regulus gestured over towards her mirror that was propped in the corner. "There's a parallel universe that exists that is home to your happy ending. Not just yours, but the men that you've dated in your previous lifetimes. My job is to be with you till they get their happy ending. I'm basically playing cupid and you're my bow and arrow."

"I don't know how I feel being described as a weapon, but..." Megumi frowned. "What happens if I got to the mirror? Will Ukyo and I have the same contrary fate happen?"

"No. No point in doing that if you guys want a happy ending. Please hurry and go through the mirror. I'll explain everything later. Right now, you need to focus on being selfless." Regulus floated over to the mirror and waved his hand over it. "Don't worry about this world. Another you will be made to take your place. If I told you Orion and Nhil are in this world, would it make you move faster?"

Megumi took a breath and let out slowly. She supposed she didn't have much of a choice, and he made a compelling argument. "I'll get a full run down later?"

"A full debrief. I'll even make you note cards." Regulus promised. "Just please get through the damn mirror. It's almost midnight and you're making me sweat. Spirits don't sweat!"

"Okay! Okay! I'm going!" Megumi held her hands up. "How do I go through?"

"Just touch the mirror. I'll do everything else." Regulus said and Megumi touched the mirror.

Only to wake up to a loud scream.
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 11:47 pm

The split and shift had become so familiar by this point that he knew he had world jumped before he had even fully comprehended what was going on. He first found it odd that he was on something /highly/ comfortable. Still firm, but he most certainly wasn't sleeping in the grass. He smelled clean sheets, but this wasn't the fabric detergent scent he used for his own bedding. Even more confused, he popped his eyes open only to come face to face with the very same woman he had tried so hard to protect.

What was the first thing he did? Scream.

Ukyo screamed bloody murder and shot up so fast he got caught in the blankets that were wrapped around him and in the process of trying to get them off in his panic, he fell backwards right off the bed, creating a very loud /thump/.

"....." Regulus watched this happen from his position on the bed, looking highly amused. Meg opened her eyes and rubbed them a little as she sat up. The cold made her shiver a little, but she was thanking whatever heaven that there was that at /least/ she was wearing a night gown of some sort. It would've been a lot worse if she was naked, she was sure.

"Oh Kami, what have I done? What did I do? I was in Megumi's bed, I'm in her home, what did I do?" Ukyo's mumbling came from the area he'd fallen off, "I certainly had to have done something inappropriate. But oh Kami, I jumped again. I thought that was over. Nhil said that my wish was granted. Who died? I don't think I did. I could've, I probably deserved it. Tried taking advantage of her, she used the tazer for once, I could've fallen and hit my head. I would be okay with that..."

"Just what kind of relationship did you two /have/?" Regulus stared at Ukyo in surprise. "Meg, you gotta wake up a little quicker. I don't know if he's suicidal, but I think his next move might be to throw himself off the fucking roof."

Meg rubbed her eyes again and she crawled over to the other side of the bed and peered over at him. "I'm pretty sure you didn't do anything to me I didn't want you to do."

"I don't think that's helping." Regulus said dryly.

Ukyo was curled up in a ball against the bed and he looked up at her, sniffing, "You still know me?" he asked weakly, "You remember? But why was I in your bed?" the memories hadn't all come to him yet. It usually took a day or two for him to sort old and new.

"I think it's "ours"." Megumi said as she slipped off the bed and sat down next to him. She started helping him get untangled from the mess of the sheets. His hair was sticking out everywhere out of the braid that he wove when he slept. She had wondered how he kept the tangles out of his hair when he slept peacefully. "I don't recognize this place at all. And I think you don't either. So that means it's a new spot...so it's something of ours."

"Ours..." but why would they get their own place? Ukyo reached or his phone on the nightstand once he could move and flipped it open to see the date, "It's...September?" That didn't make any sense to him. "That whole nightmare...so we don't need to worry about it, but...then why did we jump? Do you know?"

Regulus floated over and sat in between them on the edge of the bed. "Take my hand and then take his. I'll explain it to you both. I'm sorry I don't have note cards, but I'll do my best to explain it as plainly as I can."

"This is going to be weird." Megumi sighed, but took Ukyo's hand into hers and reached up to take Regulus's.

"Hello! Can you hear me?" Regulus asked.

Ukyo jumped and tilted his head, but he couldn't see the spirit talking to him. "You're not...Orion. He was made human. Who are you?"

"My name is Regulus. I'm a servant of a god that watches over this universe." Regulus answered. "Like I was telling Megumi over there, you guys made a huge mess for us over on this end. So we decided that it was best to bring you two from your world to this one and help us fix it. See, your world jumping and wish bound her to you. But like you realized, no matter which world you chose, she was with someone else right? That's because in order for her to fall in love with someone else, events that were supposed to happen didn't. Therefore, everyone's soulmates are all fucked up. You replaced her with them in order for her to exist."

"Everyone else's soulmates?" Ukyo stared in the basic spot Megumi was, "You mean the ones where she was in the music club and the other world she had a dog? Those were supposed to be different people?"

"Right." Regulus nodded his head. "Since certain people and certain things didn't happen, the parallel universes are still spinning with the notion, the idea, that perhaps something is not quite /right/ but not quite /wrong/. So it's your guys turn to be watchers of someone else's fate. You're going to have to make sure everyone gets their happy ending. Don't worry. I'll tell you who belongs to who. If luck is nice to us, we only will have to "match up" two or one of them. However, just because someone's happy and "matched" isn't the end. You have to make sure they don't take on the fate that was supposed to befall them in the other universes. If they do, then it's your job to make sure they don't die. Is what I'm saying making sense to you?"

"Shinano...the fall, and the car, and the harassment..." Ukyo ran his hand over his face, "We'll have to split up for this one. You can't do this by yourself. It'll be easier once we know who's with who and then determine what to do from there. I'm only assuming this, but since it's September instead, the events might happen in different ways at different times. Isn't that right?"

"Yes, that's the bad part." Regulus looked troubled at that. "There's no way to predict it."

"We don't have a starting point do we?" Megumi questioned. "Like is there one we probably already know?"

"Hmmm. Well you both know her in this world. I think the best focus is to find a girl named Hisako first. In this world she's kinda like the stone you need to start rolling in order to get the events to happen and stuff. I don't know how well you know her. You might want to check your phones and figure out if she's ever texted either one of you. Knowing how you two work, you'll find her without even trying. At least, I think she'll be the easy one. She's supposed to be with Shin."

"Hisako...it sounds familiar." Ukyo nodded and since he already had his phone in hand, he started pushing buttons to get to his contacts and text messages, "She seems to text me a lot, actually. Let's see..." He opened one and his face immediately went red. "I think I know her /really/ well." He mumbled. He couldn't read it out loud, so he just passed it off to Megumi.

/My suspicion meter goes up every time Shin and I have the same shift these days. I'm pretty sure he has a maid fetish. Should I get a maid apron and cook for him on a day I don't work but he does? Or should I just go all out and actually get a full outfit? Might actually clean house if I do that.../

Megumi cracked up and Regulus' face burned the brightest red. "Oh my god."
"Did you ever answer her?" Megumi asked after she calmed down a little as she looked through his texts. "Oh wow, she just sent this an hour ago too."

"I don't want to know what she gets up to! I just want her happy!" Regulus cried out. "Please, please, please keep that information to yourself Hisako-chan!"

"Considering we were just asleep, I haven't replied to her." Ukyo shook his head and took his phone back, "I haven't remembered enough to give a proper reply, either. I need at least a few hours!"

"You need weeks!" Regulus covered his eyes with his free hand. "I never want that image in my head ever again!!!"

Megumi bowed her head, trying so hard not to start laughing all over again.

"A-anyway, I guess we can cross Hisa-chan off of our match list, but we still should meet up with her. Since she works at a maid cafe, I guess that's all we need to know. I'll go ahead and get out of your guys' consciousness so you can go to sleep. You two probably have a lot to talk about without my interfering."

Ukyo typed out a quick 'let me think about it' reply so he wouldn't be too pressured to come up with an immediate decision and then he turned his phone off. He really needed to sleep this off and remember what this world's Ukyo had gone through. "Hopefully I'll remember enough by ten. I'm sure I still go to the cafe for breakfast."

Megumi thought about it and then she nodded, "It sounds about right." Regulus had let her hand go and she could finally rest it by her side. She sighed softly and looked at him. "Are you okay? That had to have hurt. You falling off the bed I mean."

Ukyo looked at her fondly in a sideways glance, "Meg-chan, if you remember me, you remember how clumsy I am. I'm alright, I promise. Um...I just...want to make sure you're okay with me getting back in bed with you?"

"I don't have a problem." Meg's cheeks warmed. She was kind of thankful Regulus left the room. He probably thought they wanted some privacy. "This was going to happen sometime in our future right? Now's not bad."

"I just got used to being able to be with you again because your focus wasn't on someone else. Then you just said you loved me after so long. I just...feel a bit blindsided, is all. I was scared." Ukyo leaned close and pecked her lightly on the cheek, "Everything is going to be okay now, though. Right?"

She smiled and gently squeezed his hand as she gently pressed her forehead against his. "Yes. More than."

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 1:07 am

"Welcome home, Master and Madam." A girl with dark reddish brown hair greeted them at the door. She wore the Japanese maid outfit and her hair was tied up in a ponytail braid. "Is this table okay?" She appeared to have remembered that Table 8 was Ukyo's favorite spot and she smiled mischievously as they sat down. "You know I felt a little bad sending you that text, Ukyo. I didn't realize that you were busy last night. I was kind of surprised I even got a response."

"Ah! Hisa-chan! You don't send text messages like that!" Regulus scolded.

So Megumi's suspicion was right, it /was/ Hisako. She was really pretty and she could see why Shin would stare at her often. That uniform made her look appealing somehow.

Ukyo blushed again, but not nearly as bad as the first time, "I'd woken up from a nightmare and my phone was beeping at me. I laughed a bit, so it's fine. I think a full outfit would work. I could always help you look?" as long as he didn't say /what/ they were looking for he was sure it would be fine. His memory dreams had been rapid after he fell back asleep, but he was able to piece them together on their way to the cafe.

"You're so sweet." Hisako beamed happily. "I'd like that. But a nightmare?" Her smile fell a little. "You seem okay. You're not the other person so...that's weird. But maybe it was the other person who had the nightmare? I really don't get it, I'm not a pysch major. But as long as you're doing okay. Coffee or tea this time?"

"Coffee for me please." Megumi answered, but furrowed her eyebrows. Other person?

"Coffee for sure." Ukyo nodded, knowing what she meant, "I was surprised I didn't switch, either, but it's all alright."

"Good." Hisako's face softened. "I'll be back with those drinks. And a plan."

Megumi kind of wondered what kind "plan" this was, but...she had a feeling she'd find out soon enough. She looked at Ukyo and gave him a small smile, "At least in this world everyone knows you have another side. That takes off some of the burden, doesn't it?"

"Yeah...it's surprising, since it's not something I would share easily, but anybody who knows must've experienced it or I trusted enough to tell." Ukyo sighed as he settled into the booth.

Megumi thought about it, closing her eyes as she tried to remember her own. "I think. I think Kent was with you when you switched one time. Ikki too. Kent got you to out of it with little to no problem, but Ikki wasn't too happy that he had to do that."

"I heard my name," a familiar voice made her jump a little, startled out of her thoughts. "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you /that/ badly, Meg-chan." She spun around and Ikki was at their table, placing down mugs. "Hisako's texting all the girls right now." He explained. "So that means that I'm going to have to distract you tonight."

"You know, every time you say something /vaguely/ sexual to me, the more your fangirls are questioning whether or not I'm a threat." Megumi deadpanned. "And I really, really don't want to be seen as one."

"No, that was me being sincere." Ikki argued and turned to Ukyo. "Hisako's making plans, as you're probably aware of already. Don't worry, we'll take care of Meg-chan while you have fun and de-stress."

"Why am I going to a girl's night?" Ukyo stared. So that was the plan she was coming up with? Did that happen every time he had a nightmare?

Ikki stared at him before he started laughing, "You never complained before. I mean, when it first started, you were a little upset, but after that you never seemed to have problems. You invited them yourself a few times too." He shrugged, "I don't know why she's planning tonight. I think she's been wanting to do one for a while, and she's presented with a good opportunity."

Damn it. He fucked up. "Oh...that's right. I'm sorry, I didn't sleep well, Ikki. Don't mind me. It took me by surprise." Well, he didn't lie. "That's sweet of her, but what are you planning on doing with Meg-chan?"

"No I understand." Ikki frowned worriedly, "You never do well after nightmares. I'm the one that should be sorry. I probably sounded short with you. We're probably going to go see a movie, dinner, and hang out at her place. We'll sleep over if you're not home by a certain time. Best for all of us to be there in case something happens than to leave her by herself."

"And if I wanted a girl's night out, I'd invite Megumi. As is, it's only 89 percent women." Hisako answered as she approached the table with a small smile. "Shin told me to get out here to stop Ikki from doing more damage."

"I'm not doing damage. I'm trying to maintain a relationship." Ikki gave Hisako a look.

"Yes, yes." Hisako nodded. "Speaking of girl's night, there's only one tiny request I have for you Ukyo. You'll have to bring that notebook you write in all the time I see you."

"Notebook?" Regulus asked curiously. "What notebook? I didn't see one lying around when I was wandering your home..."

Ukyo hadn't done a thorough search of the house, either. It was probably in a drawer somewhere Megumi wouldn't see. He didn't have it in his jacket, that was for sure. "Alright. I'll do that." Whatever was in the journal would probably cause a flood of memories to come back as well.

"Good. We'll drag you out of your house when I'm off work. Everyone's going to meet at my home since I have the most room besides your place." Hisako beamed. "So want the usual or are you two going to switch it up on me?"

"Just the usual. After last night I'm not feeling adventurous." Ukyo shrugged, "Arigato...I'm glad you are all worried about me." It made him happy and warm inside, after being so lonely.

"After how much you worried after me?" Hisako blinked and then softened, "You're welcome."

Ikki nodded, "Most welcome." He assured before patting Hisako's shoulder and the two of them left them alone.

"That was interesting. You going to be fine being dragged around?" Ukyo smiled at Megumi and started putting sugar and cream into his coffee.

"I'm familiar with the guys, so I won't be an awkward turtle trying to talk to the girls. I don't know if I know them that well anyway. I think that's why Hisako's dragging you with her and not me. Maybe we do better with the opposite sex as friends?" Megumi offered.

"If that's the case then how on earth did you two manage?" Regulus deadpanned.

"That would make sense. I'll be able to gather information for you, too. Don't you have a notebook for school I could borrow so I don't muddle up the journal Hisako wants me to bring?" Something told him whatever was in that journal needed to be kept secret.

Megumi blinked in surprise and nodded, "I'm going to bet I have tons of them." She had been the type that would just buy new notebooks if she forgot if she bought one for a class or not. She probably had them around the home somewhere. That would be fun to do...to explore their house, see their day to day living. See what it was like to see their things in combination with each other.

"I can already tell. You're the sickly sweet couple. I'm getting cavities and I'm just listening to you /think/." Regulus sighed.

/Aren't you supposed to be playing cupid?/ Megumi answered as she poured in some sugar and a couple of creamers into her own coffee.

"Normally I just have to push people together that's true, but this time it's a little more intimate." Regulus replied. "Mostly because I'm an active participant in this."

/You....uh....might want to reword that./ Megumi pinched the bridge of her nose and ran her hand up to her forehead as she sighed.

"Wha? Oh...NO! Do NOT go down that rabbit hole! Please!" Regulus begged.

/I won't! I won't!/ Megumi answered hastily.

"...are you talking to Regulus?" Ukyo murmured, looking at her with confusion, "Why are you so flustered?"

"He's teasing us." Megumi answered as she finally picked her head up, her cheeks warm. "And he said the wrong thing and now it's kinda like watching a train wreck."

Ukyo smiled and shook his head, wrapping his arm around her and pulling her closer to him, taking a sip of his tea and sighing at how warm it was. "I'm just glad I don't have to worry about you...I forgot what it was like to relax."

Megumi nodded solemnly as she also took a sip of her coffee and leaned against him. She couldn't imagine the burden that was on his shoulders. Even with that glimpse as to what it looked like, even when she watched him fall to the ground, knife stuck in his heart, she swore she almost, so very nearly, made the same wish. "It's nice that in this world we're so close." She said softly. "In the other world, we were so far apart, even when the nightmare ended."

"Which is why I was so shocked we live together. Things seem to have gone smoother in this world. I don't know. I'm just so happy we're together." Ukyo sighed softly, "So after this, back home we go?"

"That'll be a good idea. You'll need to find that journal Hisako's talking about, and you wanted me to find a notebook." Megumi scratched her cheek. "I'm kind of wanting to see what our home looks like with a proper look too. So I might rummage around a bit. I won't touch any of your things. Promise."

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 1:47 am

When Ukyo found the journal in his nightstand he knew it was important and he wrote in it often, because why would he have it so close at all times? When he opened it, he nearly fell down. Not that Megumi would be surprised, but she would've asked. So instead he retreated to the bathroom as memories flooded him. He pored over the entries, his heart hammering in his chest, tears forming in his eyes.

He was planning on marrying Megumi in this world. Not that he didn't want to before, but he hadn't gone /this/ far.

Is black in a ring too depressing? Too gothic?
A yin-yang ring would be pretty
What about one of those rings that spiral around the diamond?
Ah but a black and white one would be classy
A gold and silver one? (ew no she'd hate that what am I thinking?)

The park by the water? (I might fall in if I get too nervous and lean on the railing...)
The shrine would be pretty... (isn't that a little cliche?)
Take a trip to Kobe?! (going all the way out there just for a proposal? wat)
The overlook where the sky is lovely and you can see the city? (maybe)
The maid cafe! Get everyone in on it! (WOULDN'T SHE BE PRESSURED BY TOO MANY PEOPLE? HOW RUDE)

Ukyo ran his hand over his face and laughed softly at himself reading his own notes. Hiako was either going to laugh as well or she would give him a look of pity. Maybe both.

"Ukyo?" Megumi gently knocked the door. "You okay?"

"Hai, gomen. It's just...really interesting reading things I've written but didn't write but it's definitely me. Am I making sense?" Ukyo laughed a bit louder this time and got up from where he'd curled himself against the counter and went to open the door. When he saw her lovely face, framed by her soft peach-colored hair and pretty amber eyes, he couldn't help himself. He reached out and caressed her cheek tenderly and leaned down, kissing her deeply. The amount of love he had for this woman only intensified after reading this journal and getting more memories flowing.

Megumi was a little surprised at the sudden kiss, but she melted into it, tilting her head slightly to lean into his touch as he kissed her. She felt her heart warm. There was never a question of if he loved her and how much. Every touch and every kiss told her every reason and how deep it went. However, she was kind of surprised at the intensity. It was like the love he had before just doubled, tripled even. When they pulled away, she kept her eyes closed for a second longer. She felt a little dizzy and breathless. She opened her eyes slowly and she felt her breath catch. Sometimes. Sometimes he just did that to her. Reminded her of how attractive and handsome he was at random times. Like the first time they met, her breath had caught and she couldn't help but to stare, even watched him cry made her think of how beautiful he was. His eyes were shimmering now. Whatever was in that journal certainly awakened a flame of some sort.

"Why we're living together makes sense to me now. It was, shockingly, my idea. Mostly my idea. Ikki kinda helped spark it, anyway." Ukyo shook his head and pulled away, "I love you, Megumi," He kissed her again, softly this time, and finally stepped aside, "Did you find a notebook for me? I should probably pack for a sleepover."

"I love you, too." Megumi had to shake her head from the daze, "Yeah I found one for you." She had held it close to her chest as he had kissed her deeply and she handed it to him. "I'm not too shocked that it was your idea. You always were the courageous one when it came to me. You asked me out before I could even try. I remember that." She smiled warmly at him. "But yeah a sleepover might be something Hisako will hold you to. At least the guys are going to be here, I don't have to worry about a bag."

"Should we do a grocery run? You're going to be with a bunch of guys after all. They would probably eat us out of whatever we /do/ have." Ukyo rolled his eyes fondly, taking the notebook and he went back to their bedroom to start putting a bag together. It was only one night, so he didn't need much.

"Probably a good idea." Megumi nodded as she sat down on the bed and watched him pack. "God knows Ikki and I are going to fight about who provides what, so at least one meal is going to be on me."

"Then we'll do that next. Hisako will no doubt be on her way by the time we're done." Ukyo nodded firmly, humming as he debated what sort of pajamas to take and also through his hair ties from the bathroom in there, certain the girls would want to mess with his hair or each other's.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 4:01 am

It was rare for Hisako to arrive just as Ikki had arrived and got to witness the great "Janken" throw down that Shin said that they were so famous for. Four tries and boy it had been a close battle. Now a different one was going to begin, though Hisako wouldn't call it a battle. She opened the door to her apartment and let Ukyo go inside first. "I'm home." She called into the living room where the girls were already at.

"Welcome back." Mine grinned brightly. "It's been a while since we could do this!"

"I've already ordered the pizza, Hisako! The delivery will be here soon!" Sawa said cheerfully, waving her phone, "Mine and I have a bet on whether the delivery boy is gunna be cute or not. Whoever loses pays."

Hisako just sighed and shook her head from side to side. "I thought you had the hots for the manager Mine, what happened?" She tossed her shoes to the side and sat down on the couch next to a woman with dark brown hair and wearing a dress. "You all need boyfriends."

"That's why I voted that the delivery boy won't be cute." Mine objected. "Sawa on the other hand-"

"We all know Sawa's standards are pretty high. Whether the delivery person is cute or not doesn't really matter, does it?" Ukyo chuckled and set his bag down, rumaging in the side pocket for the journal, "I brought it like you asked."

"I promise if it's private I'll hand it straight back." Hisako said as she happily took it from his hands and started flipping through the pages, skimming till she reached the ideas. She blinked a few times and she let her smile curve. "As anyone told you that you're adorable lately?" She teased him.

"What does it say?!" Mine asked, perking up.

"You can laugh at me if you want to, I know I did when I re-read it." Ukyo's cheeks tinted pink, "I fully expected a look of pity, even."

"Do you ramble in your journal, too?" Sawa grinned, "That's cute! Ah, where's Maya and the others? They need to be here!"

Maya? Ukyo hummed and took the notebook Megumi had given him and popped it open, taking his first note. He didn't quite recognize the name. Who else would be coming? "Is it going to be a full house tonight?" he asked, trying to play it safe.

"I'm hoping it's a full house. If it is, it'll be better for us all when I tell everyone what's going on." Hisako said as she flipped open her phone. "Tsume's on her way." The door bell ring and she blinked. "And people show up." She walked over to the door. "Whoa. Hey guys."

"Sorry for the intrusion." Said a familiar lady-like voice that was way to formal for their own good. "It's good to see you again Hisako-chan."

"Yeah good to see you too." Hisako could never get used to the way Rika dressed and presented herself. "Yo Maya."

"Hello, Hisa-chan!" Maya chirped and held up a pad, "I brought my sketch-book! I hope to get some inspiration tonight!" she grinned wide and then hugged her.

"Oh you're getting that later." Hisako said as she hugged Maya. "I'll wait till Tsume shows up. Sawa and Mine already ordered pizza since I texted you all on what kind of toppings. I accidentally texted Meg, but she told me your favorites." She told Ukyko quickly. "I was busy being rushed by Shin."

"Shin needs to chill sometimes," Mine sighed shaking her head from side to side. "But you're the ultimate chill unless someone manages to make you upset."

"May even the heavens fear an angry Hisako! Ooooo!" Sawa wiggled her fingers, trying to make a creepy face and failing.

"We're going to have a lot of pizza, aren't we? We usually end up having too much but we never learn." Maya giggled as she piled her bag with everyone else's, "Did you have to order soda, too, or did you get that earlier, Hisa-chan?"

"They're all in the fridge so help yourselves whenever." Hisako gestured towards the kitchen but she turned to Sawa and smirked. "I'll make the heavens bow down to my every whim. Though I think if anyone's going to make a god cry it'll be Rika."

Rika laughed, "That'll be a no brainer. However aren't we forgetting someone?" She gestured to Ukyo. "He's as terrifying as the two of us put together if he wants to be."

"He's our ace." Hisako nodded solemnly. "We don't use him unless Meg's in danger. That's the rule."
Mine raised an eyebrow, "You shouldn't make up rules about someone's other half you know."

"He's okay with it. If someone got passed me and Rika then that bastard's a strong son of a bitch." Hisako pointed out. "So we'll need someone ten times stronger than us."

"Kent's strong, too." Ukyo laughed softly even as he winced, "She's right, it's okay, Mine. I'll say something if I don't like it. So, Hisako, are we waiting for just one more person?"

"No, Kazuko is also coming. She tends to pack half her house when she leaves, though. Survival nut as well as a history buff." Sawa giggled.

"I say, you can't be too careful! Just look at you guys, you didn't lock the door!" called a voice similar to Sawa's in it's tone.

Hisako turned around, "Well. Yeah."

Rika rolled her eyes. "Please don't be so cavalier with our safety, Hisako-chan. We know you know how to throw a knife. That doesn't mean we want you to demonstrate it for us. Welcome by the way Kazuko-chan."

"Hey Kazu-chan!" Mine cheered.

Ukyo took a moment to observe the two women he wasn't quite familiar with, taking quick notes he could flesh out later. He didn't want to be too obvious. Maya had hair very similar to Mine's but it was more messy about the bangs. She also had really lovely bright and happy brown eyes. In comparison to the thin or athletic build of the others, she was bigger than average, but it fit her nicely, spread out through her whole body. Well fed, at least. Probably didn't exorcise much besides running around shopping. She certainly was fashionable, but in a simpler way than Rika. It was /almost/ Lolita, just minus the poof and the millions of ruffles. She also was an artist? That was interesting to know.

Kazuko held herself high and proud, but there was a sad look that seemed to fade from her steal blue-grey eyes and a tenseness to her shoulders that lifted when she saw her friends, dropping her bag with a loud /thunk/ on the floor with the rest of them and went around hugging everyone. Her hair was a darker brown to Hisako's or Sawa's, tied in a messy bun. Vaguely he wondered how long it was, but figured he'd find out later.

"Ah, I'm so thirsty! I can bust out the soda if you allow me in your kitchen, Hisako!" Kazuko grinned, "Or should we wait for pizza?"

"Go ahead." Hisako told her. "My home is your home and all that jazz tonight."

"Kazu-kun wasn't your laptop in your bag? Should you be so rough with it?" Maya asked with concern.

Kazuko just waved her hand, "It's in it's case, it's fine."

"So she says till the blue screen of death shows up." Hisako said in her most creepy voice she possibly could. "All of the papers. Gone. There's no way to save her now!"

"I will have a knifematch with you, I swear to Kami." Kazu grumbled as she went to the kitchen.

"I'm better with one." Hisako said smartly. "You're better off grabbing a stun gun."

"Here we go." Rika shook her head fondly. "Maya-chan don't listen to the idiots that are about to start naming fifty ways of dying okay?"

"We're only helping the other figure out how to off themselves." Hisako frowned. "We're not telling Maya there's a murder that's about to happen. That comes /after/."

"Speaking of dying I brought so many movies!" someone called from the entryway, gasping and panting the words out, "Gomen I'm so late! I was trying to decide and then just grabbed all of them!"

Hisako stared at her friend who just ran in. "Hey Tsume. You're late. We were thinking that pizza would be here before you, and I know Ikki didn't hold you up because he was too busy kicking Meg's ass at Janken. Again."

"Speaking of dying isn't the best way to start off any sentence, Tsume-chan." Mine shuddered. "Ah but everyone's here now! You need to tell us what that entry was about!"

"Entry?" Rika blinked in surprise. "What are you talking about?"

"Let me sit down!" Tsume begged as she came in, the last bag finally joining the rest, and she came to sprawl on the couch Ukyo was occupying.

Hisako snorted as she watched her. "Green and blue look /so/ good together right now." She drawled.

"I'm almost done with the soda! Everyone's so impatient!" Kazu added, her voice muffled by distance.

"It made Ukyo blush, of course we are!" Sawa shot back.

"I'M HURRYING GOOD GRIEF!"

"HURRY FASTER WOMAN." Hisako shouted back. "MY GOD GIRL!"

Mine burst into laughter. "That sounds something Shin would say. Besides the last part."

"Shin calls me woman a lot. I think he forgets my name sometimes." Hisako agreed solemnly.

"This is more like 98 percent woman, Hisako." Ukyo pipped up, arching a brow at the one with magenta eyes, "How did you figure this to be 89 percent?"

"Kazu and Sawa are the tomboys." Tsume rolled her eyes.

"So they don't really count." Maya added.

Hisako looked at him, "Ukyo. Sweetie. They don't count but if you want to take that last eleven percent of being a woman be my guest. I was just being nice when I said 89."

"Should...I be flattered?" Ukyo was so confused if that was a compliment or not.

"You're too adorable right now." Hisako grumbled. "I'm grabbing a soda. I'll grab yours too."

"In other words, you should be flattered that she likes you as much as she does." Mine translated. "It takes a while to figure her language but once you do, you don't question it much."

"It's a wonder how her and Shin even communicate." Rika agreed after a moment. "Shin at the very least is direct. Hisako on the other hand is only direct till flustered."

"You're good at reading between the lines, Mine. You do it with the Manager all the time." Sawa arched a brow at the pink-haired woman, "I don't know how you do it."

"It's easy. You just listen." Mine pointed out to Sawa. "Toma's just as good at it as I am. Maybe better."

"So much better he dealt with us for all of his teenage life and probably forever." Hisako answered as she came back from the kitchen, handing Ukyo a cup.

"Yet he can't tell Maya likes him. He's observant but dense. How does that work?" Sawa threw her hands up.

"You know for a moment I forgot we were talking about the manager and I thought of Kent." Hisako said as she sipped her soda.

Kazu handed out the rest of the sodas, even to Rika. It was always so weird seeing the fancy healthy woman indulge for once. Even if was just a Sprite. "Kent is too logical for his own good sometimes."

"Ikki tries so hard but it goes right over his head the poor guy." Tsume sat up in order to take her drink.

"Toma is just too protective for his own goddamn good too." Hisako rolled her eyes. "You know what he did when he found out Shin and I were dating? He came running into my apartment and he grabbed me by the shoulders and told me straight up no sex till marriage."

"You just went through five different guys rapid-fire. It's a wonder I kept up with all of that." Ukyo blinked slowly. He had to set his drink to the side on the table to write down the important parts.

"We're awesome that way." Hisako said solemnly. "Though I guess this is the perfect time to bring up Megumi huh?"

"PLEASE." Was the chorus from some of the girls.

"Heh, oops." Hisako scratched her cheek.

"I think everyone's finally settled." Ukyo shrugged, but then he felt himself get hot again from embarrassment thinking about the journal, "Tell me /honestly/ what you think this time."

"That's a dangerous prospect." Kazu and Tsume said together.

"Oi." Hisako held up the journal threatening. "I have a weapon."

"Please don't throw books. Pillows if you have to." Mine sighed. "Last time you nearly broke the T.V."

"Should I have let it hit me in the face?!" Sawa gamed at Mine.

"Oh...right." Hisako winced, "/Anyway/ I think it's adorable that you're putting a lot of thought in how to propose to her and what kind of ring you want to get her too."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 4:30 am

"EH?!" Mine stared at Ukyo and even Rika gasped, putting her hand over her mouth.

"Yay! Wedding dresses!" Mayay clapped, not thinking twice about it.

"At least someone's excited." Tsume giggled.

"Why is everyone so dumbfounded?" Sawa could only stare at the others, "He's loved her for like, ever!"

"Yeah but..." Mine's cheeks blushed, "I thought Megumi would've proposed or something. She's that kind of person you know? If she's certain she wants something she'll take it."

"I think it's cute, like I said. But the rings are totally an issue as well as place. At least you shot down the obvious bad choices immediately." Hisako nodded as she looked back at the journal. "I think we would've had a different kind of talk if that wasn't the case."

"But she wouldn't put that kind of pressure on Ukyo, even if he said yes. He's so hesitant about his other half that /Ikki/ had to convince him to move in together with her." Tsume added.

"That's kind of why Meg-chan always waits for him to make a move." Hisako said absently as she tapped her chin.

"What do you think would be a good idea, then?" Ukyo motioned helplessly to the notebook, "That's why I brought it to you, after all."

"I think that you're on the right track with white and black." Hisako nodded, "How about you and I go ring shopping together? Normally it's one of the boy's that's supposed to take you, but I know you better. Ikki would just make you get something that's....not her."

"But what about place to propose? That's important to." Mine gasped. "It can't be somewhere that's a hazard to Ukyo. He gets so flustered, he could get run by a train or something."

"Wow Mine...seriously?" Hisako stared at the girl with a startled laugh.

"She's not wrong. He fell into the river once and that's because he wasn't watching where he was walking." Rika reminded.

Why did everyone know about that? Ukyo just rubbed his face again, "Not the park, then, at least."

"But somewhere outside." Hisako said thoughtfully. "Because you asked her out at the cross roads when the train went by. You seem to have a lot more courage outdoors than you would in."

"What about that street?" Mine asked hesitantly. "There was a road that you guys used to frequent a lot before she moved in with you right? What about there?"

"I did put down the overpass..." Ukyo looked at Hisako hopefully.

"He could probably also propose at home too. It doens't have to be a big huge declaration." Hisako mused. "I know Ukyo knows how to cook so an inside date could work too. I think one of those two places would work." She nodded after a moment.

He wanted it to be romantic but informal. He still felt odd inside that house. The place where they could see the sky during the sunset would be nice. They would stop and stare at it often enough she wouldn't really notice if he went quiet. "She always looks so lovely when the sun catches her hair..." he murmured mostly to himself.

"Then you probably already have a place in mind." Hisako offered to him. "You even have the same habit of talking aloud to yourselves."

"Let's talk dresses!" Maya grinned wide.

"And venues!" Kazuko jumped up and dove for her bag to get her laptop.

"You guys already know she's going to say yes. That's not fair." Ukyo could only laugh.

Hisako smiled gently at him. "Of course she's going to say yes to you. Even Ikki would tell you, you're the only person the word "no" will not be said to."

"I really appreciate it. All of you." Ukyo told them sincerely.

Sawa beamed, "Of course!" She chirped and then the doorbell rang, "Mine! You ready to pay?!" she smirked at her friend.

"You wish." Mine teased her friend "Go on."

Sawa jumped up and headed for the door, money in hand just in case, and looked through the window just to check before she gasped and ran back, "MINE! You gotta get a look at him!" her eyes were huge, and her face had instantly become red.

"Oooh, something good?" Tsume teased.

Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Mine, Hisako, and Rika both rushed over to the window to see what it was that Sawa was looking at. Mine hummed, "He's good looking, but he looks like jailbait."

Hisako covered her mouth with a laugh. "He does, doesn't he? He's probably nineteen or twenty."

"He's not as good looking as Ikki, that's almost a shame." Rika concluded.

Hisako carefully extracted herself from the window and gently pushed Sawa to the door. "You want to win the bet, right? Go talk to him. Here." She handed her money. "Go on."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 6:29 pm

Sawa could only stutter but she took the money and went to the door, fidgeting before she grabbed the handle and opened it. When her eyes met worried silver ones, she was a goner. She found boys to be cute or hot, but seriously, was this what Ikki's fangirls felt when they looked at him? He was just a delivery boy, though. There was no way she'd ever see him again, and of course she couldn't ask his number. No way. She'd just be creepy and that's against every company policy ever.

Just her luck.

"H-Hai, hello. I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I...I couldn't find my wallet." How lame. She shoved the money towards him and reached for the four different boxes.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 8:57 pm

"It's no problem. I've had that happen." The boy said kindly as he took the money and handed her the boxes. His nametag read "Nhil". He counted the money and he handed her back the change. "I hope you enjoy."

"Oh we're going to /enjoy/ this." Hisako muttered and Mine let out a shrill giggle, clapping her hand over her mouth.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:33 pm

"K-Keep it. Tip for delivery, right?" Sawa pushed his hand back towards him and blushed even darker than before. He had delicate hands and long fingers. He really was gorgeous for a guy, like Ukyo or Ikki in that way. Nhil. What an unusual name. "Arigato. Have a good day, be safe going back to work." she added and quickly shut the door, leaning against it and breathing heavily. This didn't feel real.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 9:37 pm

"Soooo," Hisako drawled, her eyes glinting in mischief. "This is what you look like when you have a sudden crush. Look how fucking red your face is!" She had snapped a picture as soon as she was able and sent it to Shin just for fun and she had placed her phone away as she spoke.

Mine giggled, "So much for high standards now!"

"So now we know Sawa's type. She likes the pretty boys." Rika concluded. "I wonder if she ever had a crush on you, Ukyo."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:26 pm

"No! I never did." Sawa shook her head vigorously.

"She may or may not have been smitten by Ikki's eyes one time." Ukyo decided to press his luck, since this was amusing. He had come out of curiosity and saw it was Nhil, but didn't want to draw attention and get unwanted questions by saying anything out loud.

"Kami, will you please not?!" Sawa headed through the living room to the kitchen, the redness never leaving her face.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 8:49 pm

"I didn't hear about that." Hisako whistled as she turned to Ukyo. "Either she did that by mistake, she was dared and Ikki complied, or better yet it was a very, very awkward situation."

"It was awkward and a misake." Mine shook her head from side to side. "Painful too. We were talking about how you and Megumi don't seem to be affected by his eyes."

"His eyes affected me once, but that was before Shin and I started dating. I guess it doesn't work if the heart doesn't have anything to yield to. Meg on the other hand is just stubborn. You know she looked him straight in the eye and told him that his eyes were pretty and walked right off? Instant. Friendship." Hisako drawled. "We still don't know how she's able to resist it. I think that she has some Voodoo bullshit going on, but if that's the case then I would know about it since I study these things for fun."

"I'm surprised you never cursed anyone at a shrine." Mine gasped.

"Why curse someone when you can make them sweat a little?" Hisako grinned sharply. "There's a reason Shin loves me."

Rika laughed, "Oh I'm old fashioned. The curses at the Shrine always worked for me."

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Maya's eyes went huge, "Rika-san that's scary! Why would you wanna curse someone?!"

"She's joking. You're joking, right, Rika?" Tsume stared at the blond.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Hisako on the other hand didn't even flinch. "That suits you though. It's also more powerful, so I'll give that to you." She nodded her head solemnly before she paused. "You know, I should've thought of the shrine before. Speaking of curses, hey Tsume do you have any movies that deal with witchcraft in that pile of yours? Rika got me in a mood."

"You're both horrifying and that's not an answer!" Mine gasped at them. "Rika have you cursed someone before?"

"My secret." Rika smiled as she placed a finger to her lips. "I wouldn't want to burden Maya with the knowledge."

"I think she's terrified now." Hisako muttered to herself. "Hey Sawa, how long are you going to splash water on your face? We get it, you got a crush on the man. Just stalk him at work!"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 9:23 pm

"Are you suggesting we figure out his route?" Kazuko asked curiously from her place on the couch with her laptop.

Sawa came out with four plates, two on each arm and set them on the coffee table, "I was diving up the servings, my god. No, by the way, we shouldn't stalk him! That's creepy!"

"We're gunna figure out who he is and try and convince him to show up at the cafe anyway." Kazu smirked.

"With so many people looking for him, we're sure to spot him eventually." Tsume nodded firmly.

"I'll keep an eye out at the mall, too." Maya giggled.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 9:28 pm

Mine giggled, "Might as well give up Sawa. Do you need help carrying the pizzas out?" She asked as she got up."

"Man what a sense of deja vu." Hisako said as she sat down next to Ukyo and Tsume's legs so that if one of them felt like screwing around with her, they could. "I remember doing the same thing to you Ukyo, only I didn't have a bunch of henchmen."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 9:48 pm

"Help would be nice, yeah. Then we really should all get comfortable and watch movies!" Sawa said as she headed back to the kitchen.

Ukyo smiled and watched as Maya and Kazuko got ahead of the game and went for their bags, grabbing pajamas out of them while Tsume was busy digging out all the movies. "A lots changed over such a short amount of time. I'm shocked that all the guys have girls they're interested in or have girls interested, for that matter. As far as I'm aware Kent is still oblivious? Toma, too? Shin and Ikki have theirs..."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 9:51 pm

Mine got up to help with the pizza, leaving the girls behind.

"Kent is always oblivious though that's something to ask Ikki. Ikki has a girl. I'm with Shin. And god knows about Toma. He's studying to be a lawyer for god's sake, but when all the evidence points to him with a crush on someone it goes over his damn head." Hisako rolled her eyes with a loud sigh. "We're just thankful that it's you that wound up with Meg." She shuddered. "You were better than most of the scenarios we were thinking anyway."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 11:32 pm

/You don't know the half of it./ Ukyo could only smile in return, "I was the only one for her." Even if they went through something no one else should ever go through, they had made it and were even living together in this world. He was going to /propose/ to her. Finally. After so long. Truly, in reality it was only a few months since he had met her, but so many lifetimes, died so many times, it was all he wanted, for them to be happy. "You and Shin are going to be wonderful together, too, you know. He's a passionate person, and he has high hopes for the future. Isn't he starting college with the rest of you this year? He passed his exams I'm sure?"

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 11:37 pm

"Passed with flying colors." Hisako beamed proudly. "I made him a good luck charm and everything. Though he thought I was going overboard with my worry and anxiety." She scratched her cheek. "I...may have started crying when he told me he got in. He freaked. Like normal. He doesn't do women crying. I must have terrified him." She watched him carefully for a moment before a soft smile came on her face. "You know. You really are the only one for her. If she could change that drastically just from /meeting/ you, I can't imagine how far she'll go when she finds out you want a ring on her. She's absolutely crazy about you. I already know /you're/ nuts. In more ways than just the one." "
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 11:41 pm

"Change drastically? What do you mean?" Ukyo was genuinely confused. There wasn't even a tug at his mind for a memory. Curious. Was there something even this world Ukyo didn't know?

"LET'S EAT!" Kazuko and Sawa announced happily as soon as practically everyone besides Rika were changed into their sleepwear.

"I put the movie in! A witch one like you asked, Hisa-chan!" Tsume called from where the TV was and it was even on.

"Rika-san aren't you going to be uncomfortable? You should change, too!" Maya chirped at the blond. "When the movie's done we can do your hair up and maybe paint nails!"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 11:44 pm

Rika shook her head from side to side. "Give me a moment then and I'll get changed. I was waiting for everyone else to be done since this dress takes forever and a day to get off sometimes." She stood up and left the room, grabbing her bag from where she had set it to get changed in Hisako's room.

Hisako rubbed her hands excitedly, "Later. Right now we're going to /destroy/ this movie." She promised Ukyo and Rika came back and sat down with Maya.
()
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 11:46 pm

"Well that was an interesting movie. I normally don't go for the suspense, but...it's better than some of the rom-com's I sit through." Ikki said as he stretched a little from sitting down for two hours. They had walked out of the theatre, and the sun had finally set. "Anyone starving? I'm thinking about ramen. What about you guys? Meg? Will you be alright with it?"

"I'm fine." Megumi assured with a smile. She knew Ikki worried a little bit too much about her health. Hell, every time there was a jump scene, his eyes immediately went to her. Whether he was worried that she was going to suddenly cling to him, or drop dead, she wasn't sure. Now that she thought about it, Toma had been giving her a few side way glances as well.

Interesting. Maybe she wasn't supposed to like suspense movies in this world? She wished her memories could unlock faster.

"Yeah well," Regulus folded his arms. "We work with what we got."

"Agreed." She sighed after a moment.

"Agreed to what?" Kent questioned, making her jump a little. "You're way to easy to startle. Maybe that movie was a little overstimulating. We should go ahead and get going, Ikkyu."

"Right." Ikki nodded.

"Hey. Are you alright?" Toma asked as he carefully pulled her behind and walked at a slower pace behind the two of them. Shin was at the same level, his hands in his pockets. "You know if you're starting to feel sick or something, let us know okay?"

"They're making it sound like you're going to drop dead any second now. What's with these guys? I'm watching out for you this time! I'm not irresponsible like Orion! Regulus waved his hands up and down. You're not going to die, so stop scaring us! You're terrifying blondie!"

"I'm fine." Megumi laughed, rubbing the back of her neck. "I just been thinking that's all."

"Any problems? You know you can tell us." Toma assured her. "Ikki's usually the one you normally lean on, but...you got all of us at your back."

"No problems." Megumi promised. "Just overthinking things. Like usual." She heard Shin's phone go off and everyone turned to look at him. "Hisako? She already misses you?"

Shin snorted but didn't agree or disagree, just opened his phone and looked at the picture message. "It really is a girls night, be glad you're not over there instead. Everyone's turned their attention on Sawa. Her face looks like a tomato."

"Sawa?" Regulus echoed. "I don't she matters, she's not on our list of people to watch out for..."

Megumi shivered shaking her head from side to side, "I'm glad Ukyo's taking the torture then. Though I don't think he considers it torture."

"That man is weird." Toma rolled his eyes, "You're weird too, Meg-chan, but sometimes I wonder about him."

"Girls are fun when they want to be." Ikki gave Toma a small look over his sunglasses. "Not that you would know because you keep missing obvious signs."

"Obvious signs of what?" Toma blinked, looking at Ikki. "Are you talking about Maya?"

"Who else?" Kent asked, pushing his glasses up. "We all can see it. It's painful to keep watching."

"Here I thought you wouldn't know who he was talking about." Shin jabbed, putting his phone away, "We walking to eat or are we getting taxis?"

"Meg are you good enough to walk?" Ikki asked easily. "If you are, then that's something we could do. However, if it's starting to bother you we should go ahead and take a taxi."

"Will they stop doing this to us?!" Regulus shouted. "You're fine! Your heart's racing a little bit, but it's not like you're to collapse in five minutes! Holy! What is /up/ with everyone today?? Did you almost drown or something before you jumped in this world?!"

Megumi fought the urge to hold her head. That yelling..."I can walk if that's what you guys want to do. It's not a bad night to be outside. Besides, isn't the ramen shop nearby anyway? A few blocks away? I can handle that, no problem."

"Then that's our answer." Kent said easily as he turned back around. "It would be a waste if it's only a few blocks away. Traffic can easily be blocked, we're better off doing the more optimal thing."

"Are you /sure/?" Shin was to ask this time, arching a brow, "By now you'd be snapping at us to shut up."

Megumi groaned. "You're so annoying."

"You're fine." Shin nodded, satisfied.

"That's all it takes? Me being annoyed?" Megumi raised an eyebrow.

"It's Shin-logic. Hisako-logic would be to threaten you with some sort of dangerous situation." Toma sighed.

"I'm starting to think I like Hisako-logic more." Megumi rubbed her temple.

Ikki let out a startled laugh. "Please no."

"That usually involves knives. I keep wondering whether or not I should get her a tanto set for Christmas." Shin mused.

"She's starting to celebrate Christmas?" Ikki sounded surprised. "Or is she combinding the two?"

"I just forget to call it Yule sometimes. Toma knew what I meant." Shin rolled his eyes.

Toma shook his head fondly, "Shin doesn't do the traditional way so he just makes stuff up as he goes."

"Well that sounds like the rest of us." Ikki mused. "That tanto set might be put to too much use though, Shin. So if you want to come home to a bloody house, you might want to hold back."

"Yule?" Regulus blinked, "I haven't heard that celebration in a long time. There's people that still follow the old traditions? I didn't know that they're so well known! That's so cool! Ahhhh I wish we were at the girl's night. But...the guys seem to think that you're better off in a more quiet environment. Maybe you just don't like them?"

Megumi didn't answer. Instead she could recall a smell of disinfectant and a woman's voice just muffled by a heavy door. She knew it was Hisako's and she sounded terribly frightened, almost on the verge of tears. "By the Goddess's Shin!"

What could have happened to make a strong person like Hisako that close to crying? Something told her that Hisako would much rather be buried alive than to ever show Shin that she was crying.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Shin's brows furrowed as he watched Megumi carefully. The lot of them were about halfway there, but she seemed to be really worried about something. "Something on your mind?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

There's an Ace up my Sleeve
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insanity is our Friend :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: