Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

There's an Ace up my Sleeve

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Lynx-Tiger

There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 4:08 pm

"Okay." Ikki said softly, "I can meet you half-way. I think the walk will do me some good too. I'll see you in a bit sweetheart."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 8:33 pm

~

Just over ten minutes, after packing the bag she usually took to Hisako's, she smiled as she saw Ikki at the crosswalk between their apartments. They were silent on the way back to his place, another ten minutes, her arm around his waist and helping negate his slight wobble. How much had he drank? She honestly didn't know what his tolerance was. Moderate, at least, since he liked wine. "Do you drink hard liquors at all?" she asked curiously to start up conversation as soon as they were inside and shoes were off, placing her bag by the wall as he turned on lights, "I wouldn't mind a glass, though I doubt I'll catch up to you. How long /have/ you been drinking?"
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyFri May 12, 2017 9:14 pm

"I don't remember." Ikki said, running his hand through his hair. "Not too long. I drink some hard liquors, but that's only when I'm over at Hisako's or when she's doing her party. I was drinking sake this time around. A celebration drink since, you know, Meg's pregnancy and stuff. I'm sorry that I bothered you, I try not to drunk call too often, but lately it seems that I have been doing that a lot. Should probably hold back on the liquor."

Tsume smiled softly and motioned to his outfit next, "Isn't sleeping in a suit a little uncomfortable?" she teased and bent down to unzip her bag, "Following that note I'll get changed, and then you can chatter my ear off all you want. I'll take some of that sake."

Ikki watched her leave to his bathroom so that she could get changed. His mind wandered, but he quickly brought it back. He didn't want her to get uncomfortable and he never would force someone to do something that they didn't want to do. Instead, he busied himself with getting another cup for her and pouring some sake into it. He set it on the table and poured himself another cup, just half this time, and when she came out, he smiled. "Sexy and beautiful as always."

A light blush dusted her cheeks but she came over and took the cup, leaning up on her toes and kissing his cheek, "You were talking about some real serious things. I felt it was a bit too serious to talk about on the phone. Is it still something you want to? Or is the moment gone?"

Ikki shook his head, "I was letting my insecurities go off. Knowing that Meg's expecting kind of...it' doesn't matter. I know I was being ridiculous. You shouldn't listen to me talk when I'm drunk."

Taking a sip of the sake, she went to go sit on Ikki's bed, "It's not ridiculous at all. To be scared. Children are a whole other ballgame. At least with Meg-chan you can give them back." She opened up the topic readily, easily, looking at him expectantly. It was so /rare/ to get a chance like this. He was open, vulnerable, and it was so much easier to see the cracks in his armor. He had sounded like he was bleeding on the phone, and she wanted to be there for him like Meg said. She just hoped the walk hadn't cleared the air too much, and took another sip.

Ikki didn't say anything for a while, swirling his cup as he mused about it. "I don't..." he trailed off, biting his lip. "I do want kids." He said after a moment. "A huge family. Maybe compare it to the Weasley family, do you know that book? It's Meg's favorite." He smiled wistfully. "She used to tease me that's the kind of family I wanted. More girls than boys of course. I can handle girls. I like girls. Not that I don't love you, I don't know if I'm making sense here. I'll skip it. Anyway, I always had that fantasy. Mom thought I was weird for wanting so many. But, we also knew that Meg wasn't about to give her any too. So, it was kind of like I was trying to make up for the slack though I never considered it like that. Not really. Meg's good with kids and I knew if I needed her to watch them, she'd do it without a compliant. No matter how many she had to keep an eye on. But the tables are all turned and it's crazy weird and it made me realize...my kids won't ever see me with another woman. Do I really want my nieces or nephews to go through that type of pain? How long can you keep watching me try to amuse the girls?"

"I have a feeling, Ikki, once you're married, or have your own children, that a lot of the women that pine after you will fall away. A lot of those whom you charm don't always stay charmed, either, once you lose eye contact. There are women out there, wish or not, tat go after married men. That's easily explained. It happens. Also...any children you have will entertain themselves with Meg's and Ukyo's. We're all strange, after all. Makes it all that more exciting." Tsume left it open-ended, making sure not to include herself just...just in case. Meg was certain, and she trusted the girl, but it was entirely different to hear it from him. "I'm confident Rika wouldn't mind helping out occasionally if you really need her, too."

"She did so much already. Trying to keep the girls together in a group makes it a lot easier than having a bunch of them trying to fight for my attention. I wouldn't make her do more than that." Ikki frowned. "I'm guessing you don't want that kind of huge family?"

Tsume finished her sake since the glass was small, anyway. "I didn't say that. I always did well when I helped out at the school, club activities and things like that. Younger kids liked me and my peers said it was because I was motherly. A large family would be alright by me. I...wasn't deaf. I heard what you said about...us...practicing...with Meg-chan's baby or babies." Her throat was starting to stick as she felt like she was getting hotter, "I...liked how passionate you were about it. I don't want to put words in your mouth or have any expectations. You're always honest with me. I don't have any reason to doubt you. You were freaking out already, I didn't want to put anymore pressure on you."

"I'm thankful for that, but you can at least have some expectations of me." Ikki gently told her. "You're mine. I want you to be mine forever. But I won't propose yet. Not yet. You still want to say my name, I kind of want to hear it, to see if it really will sound different coming from you. You said you'd enjoy it." He got over to her side and hugged her close. "I don't want you to leave my side. Ever."

Tsume's face flushed deep and she swallowed thickly. She reached up and held him back tightly. "I don't want to leave your side, either." His raw emotion throbbed and it was a heady feeling. His scent filled her nose and he was a bit extra warm from alcohol going through his bloodstream. "I don't want to say it tonight. When you're sober would be better. I will enjoy it though, when you let me. So will you." She released a shaky breath, "I do want to tell you a little secret. Meg knows. She's the only person I've told out of the whole group."

"What secret?" Ikki tilted his head. It wasn't surprising that Meg knew something he didn't. When it came to the group and the guys, everyone spilled something personal to her. Something no one wanted anyone else to know.

"I made a wish, too." Tsume pulled away to look up at him, his lovely light blue eyes with a hint of pink, "I'm an Empath. I can feel other's emotions, because I wished to understand people."

Ikki knew how bad that wish could be. To feel other's emotions meant that you always knew an enemy, you always knew a friend too. A stranger had no private life anymore. "I don't think you and I made the best choice in wishes."

"I never tried to use yours against you. I always knew I could trust you, on the other hand." Tsume nodded her agreement, "I love you, Ikki. I have for some time. I feel your love for me, too. Your passion about wanting a family, your deep desire to stay together. I want it all, too. I've just been a little scared until now. I didn't want you to decide the opposite."

He hugged her tighter and let them fall onto the bed, holding her close. "I wouldn't." He breathed in her ear. "I'd be stupid. So stupid to decide the opposite. I love you and I'm so happy you love me too."

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySat May 13, 2017 12:04 am

The doorbell would /not/ stop. It was like one of her friends had decided that they wanted to be /extra/ annoying and just continue to press it over and over and over again to see how fast she could get down the stairs without loosing her head. She was thankful that she wasn't half-asleep and had been awake and dressed for quite some time, otherwise, she was certain that someone would be getting water to the face. Ice water. She wasn't going to show mercy, especially if it was Hisako being a brat. She opened the door, "What do you-mom?!"

"PUT ON YOUR SHOES WE'RE GOING OUT!" Gina cheered happily, throwing her arms up and embracing Megumi tightly.

"Who is it, Megumi?" Ukyo came down the stairs, dressed in only a pair of sweatpants and was still drying his hair, his vision still partially obscured.

"UKYO I'M STEALING MEG WE'LL BE BACK BY TEN LOVE YOU BAI!" Gina waved to Ukyo as she gripped Meg's hand once she had her purse and both shoes on.

"Wait...what?! WHAT??!!" Ukyo's eyes went huge and he hurried to the door only to see Ikki waving at him from a car he didn't recognize, "Why are you abducting Meg?!"

"Shopping. Mom's gone nuts." Ikki called from the car. "It's okay we'll protect her. Somehow. If you want to come, get dressed quick. We can get two for the price of one."

"Oh my god...." Megumi covered her face with her hand. "We're not items to be sold Ikki!"

"You're stuck in a car with me. Are you /sure/ you want to fight?" Ikki grinned. "No escape."

Megumi hit her head on the back of the seat. Her family was nuts. "I'm going to die surrounded by crazy people."

"I could name worse ways." Ikki offered.

"Unfortunately so can I." Meg sighed.

"I've never seen someone bolt so fast." Gina was amused, but she leaned in through the car window and folded her arms there, beaming at Meg, "I've been keeping track, but Ukyo is so much cuter up close."

"I told you he's pretty." Megumi's cheeks flushed a bright pink. "He's beautiful when he talks too."
"Here we go." Ikki rolled his eyes.

"It's true!" Megumi turned to Ikki with a frown. "What? Like you don't wax poetic about Tsume when you're in the mood?"

"See, I'm /sweet/ when I do it." Ikki knew that he was probably going to get strangled for this one. "When you do it, you're just embarrassing."

Megumi kicked the back of the seat. "Just you wait till we're out of the car. I'm gonna get you."
"Ooh I'm so scared. I'm taller than you." Ikki teased.

"I know how to make you bend to my level." Megumi promised. "Watch me."

"So feisty! I've missed you two like this!" Gina gushed, poking Megumi in the cheek, "I bet your honey can pull of a wild sense of fashion. Purple and grey might look nice on him. What do you think? You live with him, what's your opinion?"

Ikki hummed, "Purple and grey would look weird on anyone else, but Ukyo is weird in his own way. He'll pull off a fashion disaster like Sawa can."

"She asked me not you peanut gallery." Megumi rolled her eyes.

"I kind of live there." Ikki pointed out. "When I'm bored."

"Or lonely. Or when Tsume's at work and you feel like you want to be extra annoying." Megumi pointed out.

"You know what?" Ikki turned around in his seat and Megumi pushed herself back, grinning wildly.

"Maybe it's you who should watch out when she gets out of the car."

"I am carrying precious cargo! You cannot hurt me." Megumi warned.

"Oh I never said anything about harming you." Ikki said, his smile turning into a smirk. "I just might make your life a living hell filled with embarrassment."

"....Like you don't do that already?" Megumi immediately dragged her legs up as Ikki unbuckled and tried to reach behind him to grab her. "Mom! Ikki's attacking me!"

"She started it!"

"My children." Gina rolled her eyes fondly, then looked behind her as she heard panting and grinned, "Fantastic! You can protect Megumi for me." She giggled at his puzzled look and walked around the car to get in the driver's seat, Ukyo hurrying to do the same. "You're even adorable when your hair's a mess and you're flustered. How /did/ you get so lucky, Meg-chan?"

Ukyo blushed dark. He'd thrown on his purple jacket, wanting to be nice for Meg's and Ikki's mother, but his clothing was rumpled and he'd barely remembered a belt let alone his wallet. "A-Arigato?" he said uncertainly, "It's...nice to meet you...?"

"Just call me Gina, dear. It's a pleasure to meet you, too. You were /right/, Megumi, he does sound absolutely precious!" She started the car when everyone was buckled, "To the mall!"

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySat May 13, 2017 12:43 am

It was surprising that Ikki nor Megumi managed to kill one another while she was driving. They had more wise cracks and arguments than she ever had when they were alone and in the math lab. She decided to take it as a good mood, that something must have happened with Tsume. It wasn't that he got laid, she knew how he acted when /that/ happened, but it certainly put a skip in his step.

The mall wasn't too busy since Gina had managed to get them in the morning, which was nice. It meant less hassle for everyone involved. "So what exactly are we doing?"

"Shopping." Ikki answered promptly. "Like mom told you."
"Okay but for /what/?" Megumi stressed.
"Everyone gets new clothes! Don't worry about cost. I don't want to even /see/ your cards unless it's your ID for alcohol, and /you/ can't even have that." Gina waved her hand dismissively. "Suits are easy for you, Ikki, so hmm...I want to see just how fashionable your fiance can be!"

"W-Why? Why me?" Ukyo gaped, "I don't-"

"Hush, you. Rule number one - don't fight mom. You'll lose. Now, let's see, let's find ourselves a directory, I know there's been new shops put up and old ones taken down since last I was here..." Gina hummed as she had them wander the store halls, "Meg-chan, you might be able to wear normal outfits for about three months, unless you're /super/ lucky and get to go five before you just can't anymore. Anything we buy today we'll be getting a size up just in case and then I'm letting your brother and fiance loose in a maternity store."

"Yes!" Ikki fist pumped.

Megumi looked up at the ceiling and then looked over at Ukyo. "I think this is the perfect time to say welcome to the family you just managed to walk in too."

"He does do things by accident." Ikki agreed solemnly. "You're not very good at giving disclaimers."

"It's okay, I don't mind. I'm still just trying to catch up." Ukyo assured Megumi quickly, hands up in a disarming manner.

"Hmm, I did rush us here. You'll be fine. When anybody gets hungry by the way, just say something. Or you," she pointed at Megumi again, "Nauseous or dizzy. For nine months you don't get to hide anything. Everyone will be worshiping the ground you walk on, use it to your advantage. You want this pregnancy to go as smoothly as possible. Especially when Ikki mentioned he's betting twins."

Megumi held her hands up. "I solemnly swear I won't hide anything about anything." She blinked. "What exactly are you betting on then, mom?"

"Please say twins." Ikki begged.

"Dear god, Ikki, mom has a life. She probably just wants to spoil /one/." Megumi stared at her brother.

"Girl. Amount? Up in the air. Definitely girl." Gina nodded firmly., hand on her chin.

"I'm okay with that." Ukyo relaxed a bit.

"I thought girls too." Ikki nodded looking pleased. "Meg's also thinking girls. She's the mom so she would know."

"That sounds so /weird/ in a sentence." Megumi didn't know how to feel about that.

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySat May 13, 2017 1:02 pm

"Your fiance is so fashionable and I'm /jealous/!" Gina clasped her hands together and her grin was a million watts, "Have you /imagined/ him in a tux yet? I want to get him fitted but I don't want to overwhelm the poor boy. I'll wait until closer to the wedding. Spring, right? Have you gotten together with any of your friends to do planning? I know you're day-to-day, love, but /that/ does need some planning. No two-person witness elopement sort of thing with this family!"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySat May 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Megumi's cheeks flushed a bright red. She was the type not to care about what type of wedding. "You don't have to worry about that. Ukyo wants a huge wedding. Friends and their families and our families." She said gently as she watched Ukyo try on clothes for her mother's entertainment. Ikki was more used to it so he was able to do the cat walk with the wink and the blowing kisses and all that while Ukyo was just more...shy. "April. We want to wait till the cherry blossoms come up. All of his friends are taking over the planning so I don't get much of a say besides a few things. Like color scheme and cake tasting. Other than that, I really don't have anything. Rika's our wedding planner kinda. Somewhat. She pretty much was just like "I got this" and I said, "You do this" and she was like "right on" and yeah. That's where we're at."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySun May 14, 2017 11:08 pm

"Rika...Rika...oh! Yes! I do remember her. She was different from the rest of the girls that followed Ikki around. Ikki rather likes her as a friend. So she's going to be helping with your wedding? Do you have her contact information so I could get a hold of her?" Gina smiled.

"I do." Megumi could see the disaster coming, but she decided to ignore it. She handed her phone over to her mom so that she could put in the contact information. Nerves started to bubble in her stomach. "Hey mom...what...do you exactly think about...all of this?"

"One, after I found out I realized you didn't call me to get more pills. That sure shocked me." Gina hummed, finishing up and putting her phone in her pocket. "Did you want this? Were you planning for it? Or did you just...forget to call me and gt wrapped up in work? I didn't even know you and Ukyo were sexually active. You took your pills mostly for your period, after all."

How could Megumi tell her mother that they had world jumped so many times that she didn't even know? She looked back over at the dressing room, Ikki and Ukyo were chatting about something or another. Ikki probably sensed the mother/daughter moment and was stalling Ukyo for her. She knew that meant owing him. "I forgot." She admitted softly. "Things were so crazy for a while that I just lost track of everything and then it was the heat of the moment and then...I just started losing my mind. Is it something that we wanted? Yes, we wanted children. You should hear him talk about it mom, the way he speaks makes your heart warm and you just think "I wish I could have that now", but we weren't thinking "now". We were thinking...ages later.  A year maybe? After the wedding? I don't know how far ahead he wanted kids. But now? It wasn't the plan at the time."

"You're going to hear this a lot, about how /lucky/ you are and all, but really you are. I'm so glad Ikki is there for you, and your other friends you've made. Ukyo is going to be fantastic. He is equal parts subtle and open with his love for you. It's going to be an experience for /all/ of you, and /none/ of them are going to run away from it. I'm also here for you, to answer all your questions, schedule appointments, that sort of thing." Gina put her arm around her shoulders and held her close, "Also, I'd suggest texting me to double-check whether any of their paranoia is valid. They're going to look up anything and everything they can, and they'll try and say everything is bad and you should just stay in bed the whole time."

"Oh jeez." Megumi let out a watery laugh. Uki and Ukyo were already paranoid. Adding Ikki into the mix just sounded like a disaster. "I plan to only be in bed when I'm big and unable to waddle down the stairs. I'll check with you though. Otherwise, I think I'll have to deal with more meltdowns I can possibly do." She hugged her mother close. "I'm glad you like Ukyo, mom. I don't know what I'd do if you didn't like him...or thought badly about me for being pregnant."

Gina kissed the top of her head, "I was a young mom, too, baby. Don't you worry. Now, I just hope Ikki and Tsume are a /little/ more responsible after this fiasco, however. I haven't met her, but I only hear good things."

"She's the one that helped me when I figured out that I was late." Megumi shifted. She knew that Gina knew that Megumi didn't hang out with girls much. Ukyo had more of the mindset for it, while Megumi was always easy to make guy friends. "She's a good match for Ikki. I can't imagine anyone better really. We should do a family thing. Us and drag Tsume with us. That way you can better assess her before Ikki pops the question since we...obviously didn't."

"I like that idea. You did say he gets poetic about her. Let's see if you can get him to do that for me." She winked at her, "I want to experience that for myself. I never thought he'd find a girl that he'd love that sweetly after what he's been through."

Megumi felt her heart wrench in her chest. She knew exactly what he been through and what he could have gone through in another world. Being used, being tossed aside when he thought he was doing it himself. How many times his heart was broken and how many friends he lost. She folded her arms around her middle. She was quite glad she wasn't affected by his eyes in both worlds. At least in both worlds, he was happy. Even if it wasn't with his intended. She prayed she could at /least/ make that up to him.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 12:28 am

"I feel like your mother's car isn't going to be big enough." Ukyo stared at the basket full of clothes that Gina and Megumi weren't able to take into the changing room. He could hear Gina squealing every now and again from where they sat on the benches.

Ikki leaned back against the bench, his leg crossed casually on his knee as he looked over at the basket as well. "We know how to pack rat things. We've done worse with a lot more." He smiled gently. "Mom seems to think you click just fine with us, so let her spoil you a bit. It's not every day you see someone that can pull off a complete fashion disaster and actually look /good/ in it. Mom's impressed."

"I...still don't know if I should call that a compliment." Ukyo deadpanned, looking at the outfit he'd been told to change into after getting it. The jacket was purple with flowers along one side, a grey undershirt with an even darker grey sweater over it. The sleeves were slightly rolled up and he had a pair of white slacks held up with a brown belt, the slacks tucked into his usual black boots. They had enjoyed him in plaid as well. "I know I couldn't imagine you in anything but a suit."

Ikki let out a laugh. "Yeah. I normally wear them since it's easy and I'm always on spontaneous dates with the girls or with Tsume. I think since that's the case, and everyone sees me in one, going casual would just be a heart attack waiting to happen." He shook his head amused. "Take the compliment, Ukyo. Anyone would kill to be able to look good in /anything/. Well. Not Meg. She hates the attention. She dressed like a freaking slob for the /longest/ time back in high school. We were /horrified/. Of course finding out about situation helped no one, so we...went over board. Mom's going to go /crazy/ when it gets closer and she finds out the real gender of the babe cuz that's when the grandma thing will kick in and you'll be set on clothes for a while."

"We'll have clothes for like, three to six months, won't we?" Ukyo shook his head, "Speaking of so many clothes, we'll need to transform the guest bedroom into a nursery. When we find out the gender, I kind of was thinking we get Hisako to hold an all-girl's sleepover for a whole weekend and she comes back and it's different."

Ikki looked excited. "That would be a good idea. Hisako will be able to handle a all weekend party without any hassle and they'd keep her busy with the wedding plans and ideas that they had, she'll be so distracted. She'll love it. You nervous or scared at all about having a kid?"

"Not...for the reasons some people might be?" Ukyo shifted uncomfortably, "I'm worried...what they'll think of me."

Ikki tilted his head, "What do you mean?"

"They'll learn that there're something wrong with me. I've already fought with my other side once, made Meg worry. I know I'll argue with myself a lot, honestly, about this. I don't want them to think wrongly of me, for my issues. They'll ask the whys and hows and I won't know how to answer them. I'm not going to hurt them, that's not the issue. Just..." He sighed deeply.

"You don't want them to paint you in a bad light because that's how people will paint you when they hear that you have another personality." Ikki said softly, understanding completely. Meg had told him this. He couldn't believe he forgot though then again he had been drinking that very night. "You don't want them to see you and say "oh my dad's crazy" or something equally hurtful."

"Yeah, that's right." Ukyo nodded, his expression troubled and sad, "I am going to try my hardest, show Meg and our baby that I love them as much and as often as possible. That's all I /can/ do, isn't it?"

Ikki looked away. He remembered calling Tsume and telling her his worries as well. He remembered telling Meg that he worried about the kid's perception of him too. They were going to see it. They were going to see Ukyo's dark side, and they were going to see Ikki's eyes work on a woman. They were going to make judgement calls, because they were kids. Then he thought about something and he laughed suddenly. "I'm sorry. It's not...it's not funny." He said quickly. "It's just...we're really underestimating ourselves and Meg right now aren't we?"

Ukyo blinked and then laughed as well softly, "You're right, Ikki. We're making a big deal out of this, but just like we keep telling Meg it's going to be okay, I think we should follow our own advice."

"We really are." Ikki shook his head, running his hand down his face. "Meg wouldn't let your kid think badly of you for a second. I know none of the guys would. I know none of the girls would. I'm sure they'd ask questions, kids are curious, and they don't know what's a personal question or not. But thinking badly of you? Making you wonder if you really are a good parent because you have another you? In honesty, I think once they figure out there's two of you, they're gonna think they hit jackpot. They get a mom and /two/ dads. How awesome's that and they're loved by both of you, they're not treated badly. If anything, they'll probably feel a little insulted that someone thought that way about you, and not that they should feel that it was a bad thing."

Ukyo smiled widely at Ikki, feeling warm inside. "You're worried, too. Because of your power. It's kind of...good, that we can relate to each other like this. I feel a lot better than I did before about the situation. I think...besides all of that, though...no. I'm not really nervous or scared. Worried for /her/, of course, always, but I know I was ready. I talked Meg's ear off about all the genetic possibilities and everything else. No, I didn't think now, but we can do it. We'll be okay."

"I'm kind of excited myself if you bypass the entire eye problem. I'm glad that it's not a huge worry for you. This is supposed to be something to celebrate. I'm used to hearing stories about the panic from mom. She panicked for like...a day. Then she was just like "Cool"." Ikki's smile suddenly faded, "Jesus, you're right. We really should be focusing on worrying about Meg. She doesn't pay attention to things the way she should. I know mom probably already gave her a list, but I'll dig some stuff up and pass it on to you so you know how to better watch out for her."

"Me too, I was going to make an entire bookmarks folder on my laptop on things I find about this. I'll /also/ plan for /twins/ since you seem so adamant about it. I really, really hope that's not the case, but we'll see." Ukyo rolled his eyes. "In other news, I'm getting pretty hungry and I hope we can convince Gina to break long enough to get some food."

"She'll do it. Especially if we convince Meg to play the part of "oh I didn't realize" and she'll be all over it." Ikki promised. "See having a pregnant sister is like your advantage point with a doctor mom."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Ukyo flopped onto the bed he shared with Megumi and released a heaving sigh, throwing his arm over his eyes. The day had been long and busy from start to finish. The three of them had done their rounds with each other. There were times he was given a reprieve and was able to relax with Megumi for a while, times he was thrown with Gina, and at least one other time he spent with Ikki. Ikki thrived on his mother's energy, and Megumi rolled with the flow, letting it happen instead of fighting it. By the end of the day when they all sat at a restaurant table for dinner, he had been doing the same. Ukyo had learned a long time ago to mold with his situations and surroundings and when Ikki expressed his surprise, it had been easy to explain, even as Ikki's eyes got a little sad.

He heard Megumi grumbling she didn't have nearly enough hangers or space for her new clothes, and he moved his arm to look over at their closet where she stood, "Don't worry about it tonight, sweet love. We might have a few boxes stashed away from when we moved here. Maybe the shed out back? I can look in the morning, and that way you can take out all your summer clothes. That should save you some trouble."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 8:33 am

Megumi sighed, knowing that Ukyo was right and she quietly placed the pile of clothes to the ground. She could figure things out later, probably when she wasn't tired. She might be able to go with the flow, but even a floating down a river could take up more energy than one had. She was exhauted, now that her brother and mother weren't in the room to try to fill it up. Extroverted people might be able to live on others, but Megumi preffered getting her energy elsewehre. She walked over and flopped herself on top of Ukyo, careful so that she wouldn't hurt him. "Crazy day." She said, feeling him wrap his arm around her, mostly to steady her. "I'm exhausted, and you look burned out too. You okay?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 7:58 pm

"I'm so burned out that I probably won't want to go anywhere tomorrow. I'm even feeling the need to shower. I just wanted to get off my feet for a minute. Would you...like to take a shower with me?" Ukyo's face tinted a bit, and the flush went pretty well with his new purple outfit.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Megumi was surprised at the blunt offer. She swallowed a bit, but she could see so many benefits to one as well. "Sure." She felt her heart skip as she said it, and butterflies floated in her stomach. Even if it wasn't anything sexual, it was still intimate and close. Personal. "I'd like that."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 1:07 am

"Would you?" Ukyo got them up and rubbed her arm, "I'll get us fresh towels since the others are in the laundry room. You go ahead and get the shower started, hmm?" He leaned down and kissed her lightly, sweetly, but lingered with a taste of promise.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 8:47 am

Megumi could feel the warmth of heat blossom from where the butterflies where and hestiated to part. Ukyo took his leave and she decided to get the shower ready, her heart beating fast. It wasn't that they hadn't seen each other before, or anything like that. But for some reason, this felt different to her. She kept the water at a gentle temperature and decided that she should probably go ahead and get inside first. She shivered at first when the cold air hit her and conflicted with the warmth of the water. She got used to it pretty quickly and got lost in her own thoughts for a bit till she heard the shower door open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's an Ace up my Sleeve   There's an Ace up my Sleeve - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

There's an Ace up my Sleeve
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insanity is our Friend :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: