Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynx-Tiger

Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  Empty
PostSubject: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 9:28 am

He had written the letter the night before they froze him. He was pretty glad he was ambidextrous yet right hand dominant. He made sure Steve didn't see it, didn't want him to know anything about it until he was fast asleep. He liked one of the Wakanda doctors, so he gave it to him.

As he laid back in the white tube against the nice cushion, he closed his eyes and had a content expression on his face. Not quite a smile, but he surely wasn't about to dive into a panic. He knew Steve was positively heartbroken. Yet...hopefully when he woke up that frown would be upside down.

The chill seeped into his skin, through his muscles all the way to the marrow of his bones and it all went black.

'Steve...

Its not over yet. I had a huge setback with reverting to the Soldier, but I spent two years getting my life together. I wasn't okay by any means, but I was surviving.

I wrote in those journals you found, but that wasn't my only source of company.

I wasn't alone.

See Steve, you have a mission. Not just to find a way to fix me, but to save someone. You gotta save Flying Sam and Wanda and the rest, but you have to save someone who I also would rather die to protect than to let anything happen to her.

My daughter. Anzhelina/Angelina Barnes. Age 22, white hair, green-blue eyes, the cutest freckles and a buck ten sopping wet. Russian/Romanian-American. Birth name Mary, don't call her that.

Not a happy story, that one, but she is /my blood/ not some tank bred Super. You came to get me back at that apartment, she had been out working at the junkyard (I worked at a mechanic shop). Everything happened so fast, I barely remembered those facts about you let alone myself. I don't know where she is, only the safe houses she could be.

They all have signal radios she tuned herself. The frequencies you can try to tap into are on the back. As is the code word. Sorry its Romanian. Do your best.

Get her to come to Wakanda and grab her once she is over the border. She doesn't need help once she knows where to go. She was my Companion as the Soldier.

Don't unfreeze me until you have her, but I'd like if there was someone available to help my head as well. If anyone can keep me grounded it is her, at the very least.

Take care, punk.

P.S. she has her files. I want you to be her Godfather.
'
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 9:34 am

Steve re-read the letter, leaning back against his chair. His hands were on a radio along with a headset. youtube had been his only coach him on how to say the word. He wished that Natasha, or Clint could help him but Clint pointed out that the code word was probably best said by him. Bucky undoubtedly told Angelina a lot about him, and would be more familiar with him rather than a stranger claiming to know Bucky and Steve. Steve had to agree.

The first frequency didn't work, and Steve had a suspicion that it was the frequency that was tuned into Bucharest. The second frequency was also a bust too. There were only three more that were left, and he really hoped that one of them would work. He picked the middle of the three and tried it.

"Prieten?" Friend? Steve tried, wincing. He listened to the static for a good minute was just about to turn it to the next one on the list when a female's voice answered him.

"Cine esti?" Who are you?

"Uh...I actually don't speak Romanian." Steve really hoped that Angelina wasn't overly paranoid. "My name is Steve Rogers...can you speak English?"

"I can." Angelina responded. "How did you find the radio?"

"Your father left me a letter telling me to get into contact with you." Steve looked at the letter that was by his side. He took a breath in and out. Angelina sounded so much like Rebecca it was a little jarring. Her voice was the same pitch. "He...uh...we're in Wakanda."

"Wakanda?"

"Yeah it's-"

"I know." She cut him off quickly. "Even radios can get tapped."

Steve nodded, though she couldn't see him. "He wants you here."

"Over there?"

"Over here." Steve confirmed. "We...he wanted to go into cyro."

Silence.

"Why?" Her voice was sharp.

"Trigger words." She probably knew the rest of it.

"Okay." The tone softened. "Where do you meet?"

"You mean, where should we meet?" Steve frowned deeply. "I was going to ask T'Challa about meeting you at the border. He said that he'll welcome you since you're family. You'll have to stay here though."

"Weather?"

"Humid and hot." Steve answered.

Silence.

"Angelina..." Steve trailed off and took a breath. "I can't leave here."

"I know." Another soft answer. "I saw the news...read it too. The Accords."

"And your father's-"

"Legacy. Though he won't agree that it is." Angelina confirmed. "People are terrifying and scared. It's best for me to come over there. Does T'Challa mind cats?"

"Wha- I don't think so...?" Steve blinked slowly at the random question. "I mean, he's the Black Panther-"

"I have a baby kitten. I don't want to lose her." Angelina explained. "Let him know I have a cat. Contact me with where to meet you. I have a feeling that activity at the border is a bad thing."

She was probably right about that.

"I should get better clothes for the weather too." She continued. "I'll be in touch. Keep this frequency. I'll remember yours. Your code word is Scut."

"Scut?"

"Close enough." Angelina confirmed. "Ciao."

Steve had to turn off the radio the moment he heard static and rubbed his forehead. If he could still get headaches, this was one. He pushed himself away from the desk and sighed. He was going to have to find T'Challa and tell him about a random cat.

He really hoped it wasn't a code for something that went over his head. He could almost picture Bucky laughing at him for it if it was. Or for even thinking that it was.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 7:39 pm

When Steve got out of the radio room Sam was waiting for him. It'd bee a few days since the rescue, and he and the others were looking better than they had been. Wanda had been having flashbacks because of the windowed cage, but she was holding on. Sam had his hands stuffed in is pockets, "So, you wanna tell me why you've had a permanent little smirk on your face since you came to grab the lot of us? I would've thought you would be a moping, brooding mess with your friend under ice."
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 10:35 pm

"We have a mission." Steve answered and his smirk faded a little. "Though a hard one. It turns out HYDRA didn't just experiment with making more Winter Soldiers and failed in controlling them. There's a half Super-Solider that Bucky knows that's running around, but she's a little different. She's his daughter." His eyes gazed at Sam and sighed, "We need to get her through the border and we need to talk to T'Challa about figuring out a way to meet her. Bucky won't wake up from the ice until she's around. Apparently, she's a stability for him. Probably a counter measure for the trigger words though we still need a way to get those out of his head ASAP."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:38 am

"Well that is a huge bonus for us, isn't it?" Sam grinned, "What are we waiting for? Let's go talk to the King and see what we can work out. Boarders will be watched for a long while now they know we're hiding here under his protection. Shocked you got us here safely. If she's a survivor like her father, though, I'm sure we can come up with something to get here into the jungle. Maybe T'Challa can direct her to a tribe for temporary stay?"

((CIVIL WAR IS ON NETFLIX IF YOU WANT MY INFO))
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 9:26 am

"It's a long shot, but let's see what he says. She also is bringing over a cat and she's wondering if T'challa would mind her having it." Steve shrugged. "But it's a plan. Once we get her over the border and in that tribe, we can also start searching for someone to help with his mind. Maybe together Wanda and that person could heal and reverse at least some of the damage."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 9:03 pm

"A cat is actually a good idea. It's a proven fact, an animal like a cat is good for moral. Like, ships and stuff would have a cat to catch mice and rats, too. Besides, the King's the Black Panther so I don't see why he'd say no." Sam chuckled.

"That's what I said, but...she's wanting to make sure." Steve shrugged, "Anyway, do you have any idea where T'challa might be? I told him I'd give him a heads up when I got into contact with Angel. He knew about the letter, I bet Bucky told him about his kid before he went under...so I don't do anything stupid or something probably."

"Probably." Sam agreed, "Maybe his office, he was away for a while chasing our tails and has a crap ton of paperwork to fill out. He also hasn't even done his coronation as proper King, it was just automatic."

"Undoubtedly, let's go there." Steve nodded, "And see what his advice is so I can get back to Angelina and let her know the plan."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 9:32 pm

T'Challa leaned back in his chair with a hum. "Smart of her to have an animal companion while on the run. An alert while she sleeps because she doesn't have her father to switch. It would be cruel to have her part with it. So, yes. As for where to have her meet us? You are correct that the borders are on high alert. Besides my stealth jets which got us to the prison in the sea, there is one other way for her to get in that a lot of immigrants use. Not a whole lot I can do about it besides have them searched often, but the trains. I can let my guards know to ignore whoever I'm supposed to look for. I knew about the letter, I didn't know the contents. Did he leave a description of her?"

"White hair, freckles, green-blue eyes. She'll respond to Anzhelina or Angelina whichever is easier to pronounce." Steve replied. "She speaks Romanian it sounds like, and I told her what the weather was like here, so she'll dress according to it. I can ask her for another code for us to follow or anything else that'll help with description. I'm thinking she'll keep the radio with her."

"Yes...ask her if I can have a personal code because I will contact her the most to ask her status." T'Challa agreed, using a notepad to the side to write down the description. "I am sure I can say one Romanian word at least. Wanda can assist with pronunciation." He took another page and wrote down the next bit of information, "There is a tribe I want her to make her way to once she's gotten in through the train system and railroad tracks. It's in the mountains, which I'm sure she will have something for already. The Atrum. They're a hidden tribe that only I know about because we have a treaty to uphold. They're assassins, or better known as ninjas. I have not had contact them before, and I need to anyway now that I am King. They are not oblivious to the outside happenings. All I need to do is send them a carrier pigeon."

Ripping the second page off he handed it to Steve, "This is their map coordinates you can relay to her when you ask for my code. It's hazardous, and once I know she is in Wakanda I will alert them to keep an eye out for her. They manipulate shadows, natural magic. If they find her they will help her to their home."

Steve nodded and took the note in his hand. "I have her get you a code, but I think it might be safe for her to get a code for the Atrum as well. That way if she's paranoid about them, they can give her the word or at the very least a sign that they're friends with you. I have a feeling that her paranoia is just as high as Bucky's and she'll take as many precautions as she can. Bucky said that we can wake him up after we have her, but he still wants to find someone that can heal his mind. I suppose they trained her as a stability force...or something. A counter-action to the trigger words, I don't know."

"Ah, yes, that would be a good idea. The Atrum have healers...different healers because of their natural magic. I will ask them if they have anyone they can offer us." T'Challa promised gently, "Do what you must. I hope we have her soon."

"Thank you, Your highness." Steve nodded with a gentle smile at the king. "I'll let you get back to that mountain." He gestured to the stack of paperwork that was on his desk before taking his leave.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 10:01 pm

Steve decided to wait till the next day to try to get ahold of Angelina again. He didn’t know what timezone she could be in, nor was he aware of what she might be doing to get ready. He determined that since she was bringing a cat, she was going to figure out supplies and she was probably trying to figure out routes and ways to get to Wakanda. Bucky told him that he didn’t need to help her, now that she had a direction of where to go. He still felt his hands itch for a reason, for something. Turning to the radio he took a breath and spoke. “Scut.”

“Scut.” Angelina repeated back a little joyfully. “Hello.”

“Do you know how the trains work in Wakanda?” Steve knew that he had to cut to the chase. Like she said, radios could be tapped.

“I’m looking at a system.” Angelina sounded breathless. “I have clothes. I’m prepared to bring the cat. What did T’challa say?”

“Go to the border and you’re going to meet a group of people there with a code word of your choosing.” Steve said quickly. ‘They’ll bring you home to their tribe and let us know where you are to get you.”

“A code word for a mystery tribe. Okay.”
Steve nodded, “T’Challa wants to keep in touch with you. Is it okay if I give him this frequency as well as a code word for him to use to identify himself?”

“Hmmm…” Angelina’s hum didn’t sound good. It reminded Steve of Winifred’s hum of disapproval or hesitance before she agreed to something she knew she’d regret later. Like letting Bucky take Steve out to play a game of stick ball when his asthma was already in bad shape. “How do I know you’ll give it to T’Challa?”

“You can’t.” Steve agreed, “Unless you want me to page him in here and have him talk to you right now.”

“….I can’t jerk a King around like that. He’s an important person and he holds my father’s life.” Angelina muttered to herself. “But Uncle Steve says that he can do it, so maybe he could?”

“Angel…”

“His code name is Rege Pisică.” Angelina sounded firm.

“Uh…Angel he’s going to want a word, not a phase.” Steve winced. “He doesn’t trust his Romaian all that much.”

“Can’t jerk the King.” Angelina whispered to herself. “Pisică then.”

“I’m going to have to ask Wanda to help me with that pronunciation.” Steve sighed. “Why Romanian of all choices?”

“Japanese is too common place now.” Angelina retorted. “Russian even more so. Same with Chinese. Best to go with Romanian.”

“…Ah.” Steve nodded though he wasn’t exactly certain if he was agreeing, or if he was trying to keep that all in his head. “I’ll tell T’Challa after I get some help from Wanda. You’ll like her Angel. You’ll be home soon.”

“There’s no such thing as a home.” Angelina whispered. “Just a place and a name. Ciao.” The static came back and Steve took off his headphones with a sigh.

Best to find Wanda for some impromptu lessons on Romanian before he gave that word to T’Challa.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 11:01 pm

Wanda was curled in a ball in a chair by one of the large windows that adorned the King's hideaway when she heard Steve's familiar footfall and looked up. "Steve. How have things been? Sam mentioned you are working with T'Challa on something important."

"Things got a little complicated," Steve said as he sat down next to Wanda and rubbed his lips together before starting. "Bucky left someone behind in Burachest and we're trying to get her over the border into Wakanda. Her name is Angelina, she's his daughter. Why and how I don't know. But, apparently she can counter-act the trigger or at the very least can make the Solider think before attacking us mindlessly. She's been giving out code words to me so that we can keep in touch. Scut is mine, and...fuck..." His mouth twisted. "Pi--s--ca? Pisica? I...don't even know what the word means so I can't give you a hint."

Wanda covered her mouth to hide a smile and her shoulder shook with a suppressed giggle. It could be annoying when people mispronounced things, but Steve tried so hard and she knew it. "Pee-See-Kah." She explained, "It means Cat. Yours - Scoot - is shield. I like the sound of her already, with codes like that."

"Pee-see-ka." Steve repeated slowly. "Pisică. Okay." He nodded, "That's T'Challa's. I guess she'll give him the tribe's mystery code directly, because she didn't say anything about it to me." He smiled at her. "Thanks." He leaned back against the chair and looked out. "I'm tempted to ask Angelina if you could have a code word so you two could chat. I'm sure it'd be nice to hear a language you're familiar with....even if it's not by lips you want to hear them from." He still felt awful about Pietro...about his untimely death and how badly it affected Wanda. "How are you holding up?"

"The glass cell...it will take me a little while to sleep properly on my own, but I am not against taking the sleep medication they offered me." Wanda assured, "I miss Vision. I know he was sad to see me taken custody, but we have an understanding and we hold no ill-will towards one another. I do believe that is the greatest gift I could have. I was indeed afraid he would hate me, but he is not that type of person. Which is why he can wield Thor's hammer, after all."

"Thor would wonder about us if he saw the thing we went through," Steve mused. "He called us petty before, but this probably would make him question about our ideals. Though, then again, maybe he too would've been upset by the Accords. I don't know. Our laws don't affect his world in the slightest, but I do miss his wisdom. He probably could've seen something that I didn't, or that Tony didn't. Well....all we can do now is try to make this a home. Though, I know Scott and Clint won't stay here long."

"Clint has has family, but they'll be watching them for his return." Wanda sighed deeply, "As the same with Scott. It's a dangerous thing. Everyone understands if they wait, which I think we should. It really is a waiting game now. It all happened so fast. So many misunderstandings and things weren't able to be discussed properly with what occurred. Time was something none of us had. They wanted something we were unwilling to give up. Now, we have more time than we know what to do with." She waved her book with a strained smile and a shrug.

"I can't help but to think that's why Bucky told me to go after Angelina. I think he was worried I might try to start a fight or something just to relieve boredom." Steve admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm certainly not used to peace."

"Angelina sounds like someone Bucky knew he wasn't the only one who needed her." Wanda smiled a little more relaxed this time, "Someone new to fight for and look after. Bucky is your other half, in a sense. The way you fought for and with him was so seamless and natural." A curious look crossed her face, "He asked you to be her Godfather?" She jerked and looked down, "I'm so sorry, that was a strong thought in your mind. I didn't mean to and I'm not quite keeping myself in check."

"It's fine," Steve let out a breath. "Yeah he did. Just like he promised he'd do way back when were kidding around about the kinds of families we'd have." He exhaled a sigh. "If she's his stability, I think he's praying she'll be mine too."

"My thoughts exactly." Wanda relaxed, "You should go see him. Tell him what's going on." Of course they knew Bucky couldn't hear him, but it was a comfort all the same and she could tell he was getting emotional and antsy. "She'll be here before you know it."

Steve reached out and gently touched Wanda's shoulder. "She could probably use a big sister like you to look out for her too." He stood up. "Who knows what you girls might bond over. Make up and hair probably." He teased on the last part.

"Probably. Get Bucky into it, too, when he's unfrozen." Wanda grinned at him, then shooed him away, going back to her book.

()
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 1:16 am

The white room of the Cryochamber never failed to make Steve feel like he was entering both a hospital and a funeral. The chamber was tilted in the best way for Bucky to sleep with comfort. Steve didn’t dare think of it as sleep. He remembered waking up from the ice. He didn’t dream, he didn’t think of anything. It was just like waking up from being knocked out. It felt more like a memory gap than a repair.

He couldn’t say that to Bucky’s face though. He sat down at the bench that they had set up for anyone who wanted to visit him. T’Challa, Wanda, and oddly enough Scott were the most common people that Steve would find in here. He laced his fingers together and took a breath. Honestly, there wasn’t a point in updating Bucky about what was happening right now. The glass would just muffle everything that he said anyway, despite the super-hearing.

But he couldn’t help but to think of Angelina. He never met the girl, but he wondered if she witnessed her father being frozen and if she, too, when she could sneak around, sat in front of his chamber and spoke like he was listening. “I talked to Angel.” He spoke hoarsely. “She gave me a code word to get in touch with her, and she’s giving T’Challa one, too.” He took a deep breath. “I don’t know what I think of her yet, Buck. But she’s yours, so all I can think are good things. You’d call me a sap. Or maybe you’ll think I’m naive. I don’t know.”

He twiddled with his fingers, he bowed his head. He couldn’t continue to strain his neck looking at a man that looked like Snow White in her crystal coffin. “I…I’m getting her here.” His voice turned dark and heavy. “You’ll have your daughter back and you’ll wake up. She was upset when she heard you went back into Cyro. I wanted to tell her that I felt the same way. I told her that they triggered you into becoming the Solider. She decided that you deciding that it was best to be in here was a good idea. At least till she comes here.”

He took a shaky breath. “You had a daughter.” It was let out in a whoosh. “She’s not part of the Winter Solider program, and I know that she’s not part of the Red Room. I read Nat’s files, and she told me enough. She…gave me enough. When I decided to go looking for you. She had to give up a little of her past. To keep me grounded and knowing what kind of assassin, person, I might be up against. But she never told me about your kid.”

He lifted his gaze, for a moment. “I’m going to make things right. Believe me when I tell you. I’m going to make things right. No one’s going to hurt her. I swear. You’ll get her back, and you’ll be able to live in peace. I’ll make that happen. You deserve that. Even if it means that my peace I won’t ever get back. Though, to be honest, I don’t think I ever had peace. Not since you fell.” He dropped his head. “Who would have guessed I destroyed more than just your life when I let you fall? Who would’ve guessed that I destroyed Angelina’s too?”

He stood up, not daring to look at his friend. “She’ll be the first face you see.” He vowed before walking out of the chamber.

~+~

Train rides were Angelina’s favorite method of transportation. It wasn’t the same as a bus or a plane. A plane was boring because it was the same landscape over and over and over again. Light blue going through some flimsy clouds and loud air compression. The air never tasted good on a plane anyway, and it always felt thick. It made her chest hurt and her head ache. A train moved faster than a bus, but the scenery was different. They were out more in the country side and less on the highways. It was a round about way of seeing the world for what it was. Every city looked more like an island and every village felt like it had a history just waiting to be told the moment she had to take a connecting train.

Precious was on her lap, purring and wearing a vest and harness that said the words “working” so that no one would pet her or make her get off with the animal. It was strange for people to see a working cat, but they accepted it readily enough when they saw the vest. She carried certification, as fake as it was, to make sure that they couldn’t make her part. Or make her get off without the cat.

Her eyes flicked to the reflection on the window. A redhead with dark sunglasses, wearing tight jeans and a black shirt was looking at her phone chewing gum and blowing it. A few times Angelina couldn’t help but to think that this woman was staring at her, so she stared back at the reflection. A few times, the woman would tilt her head up, but she’d go right back to her phone if she thought that Angelina noticed that she was being stared at.

Everyone’s minds were on the same frequency, but this woman’s thoughts weren’t on travel or the people that she was about to see. Her mind was data files, target assessments, and escape routes. She was thinking about her betrayal to a Tony Stark, and how she decided that her friendship with Steve Rogers was more important than a war.

She believed in the Accords, but she was starting to see the flaws in them. Whatever those flaws could be. Angelina looked away from the reflection. Whatever this woman was, she was thinking loud and crystal. Almost like she was trying to test a theory. Angelina doubted that the theory could be tested, nothing was on her and they never met.

But the Accords and hearing her Uncle’s name on that woman’s mind…

It was best not to over think it. Angelina had a hotel set up and she needed to get there by night fall. She needed to contact T’Challa and tell her location. She needed to contact Uncle Steve, because even though they just met, Angelina wanted to hear his voice.

His voice was what saved her father from forgetting again.

That woman though, was suspicious and Angelina kept a mental note to see how many times they crossed paths on their way to Wakanda.

She hoped she wasn’t leading her right to her Uncle.

~+~

Vince sat outside of the healer’s hut, his head thunked against the wooden wall and his eyes gazing upwards at the hot sun. How they got there was a blur in his mind. He just remembered forming a bubble of water and fire and got out as fast as they could. Days had went by looking for shelter, hiding in anyway that they could until they reached the outskirts of a country called Wakanda. The mountain ranges were hard to climb, but they were found by a group of natives that rode bikes and spoke in heavy English accents. One of them knew English fluently and was able to get them help.

Right now, River was lying inside of the hut, motionless and sightless. Her eyes seeing everything but what was in front of her. Vince felt his eyes burn, but he blinked them away. There was no time to pity. He saved her, they were safe. Him, and Calla, and River.

They were safe. They had to be safe.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 2:09 am

Calla plopped down in the dirt beside Vince and leaned against him, head on his shoulder, "We did good. We got out of there. I still don't understand what the hell happened, but we used their distress and got out." She had eyes the color of a cerulean blue pool, her bangs were off her forehead and down the sides of her face. The wavy raven black locks had gotten a good chunk lopped off, going from touching her ass to mid-back and that got rid of the ugly faded blue dye and frayed ends. She looked fresher than she had when they got there, but not any less weary. "If you wanna go take your turn for a haircut and a bath, I can keep an eye on River while the healer...um...Nyah? Takes care of River." As Calla had taken one herself, along with bandages she was now adorned in a fairly simple green wrapped dress, something that Calla was reminded of that the Greeks wore or even an African sari would be more accurate with the varying green patterns that matched the jungle. She got to keep her boots and socks at least. The rest of any of their original clothing was beyond repair and Vince was still in his tattered rags.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Vince felt his hands clench in thought of leaving River alone, even if he wasn't there with her, before letting his hands relax. He let out a long, deep weary sigh and bowed his head. He knew that Calla was right. His clothes were splattered with blood, torn and burned. He looked awful, and he knew that if River wanted to see him, she wasn't going to want the reminder of the things that happened. He took a long deep inhale and leaned his head back. His Adam's apple bobbed, swallowing. "Okay." He said, his voice raspy and hoarse with emotion so strong it probably didn't have a name. But he didn't move. He just breathed again. "In a moment." He decided, quietly. "I'll..pick myself up in a moment."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 8:30 pm

"You're fine. Take your time." Calla soothed him and slid her arm around his back, rubbing gentle circles, up and down, sometimes getting his shoulder. Vince hadn't rested, or at least not much. During their travel between here and there, the two of them had taken turns looking out for River, taking watch, and sleeping. "You're a hero, Vince." She praised with a smile, "Just like one of your stories, you saved the day. Real proud of you. You did good."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 8:35 pm

"I haven't written in god knows how long." Vince leaned into Calla's touch, sighing heavily. Despite what they went through, Calla's gentleness didn't waver. It made him glad, so fucking glad that her touch didn't bring pain. River flinched when they touched her, but she had slowly gotten over it. Every wince reminded Vince as to why they set them on fire and made them drown in their own blood if they could. "You're a hero too." He told her softly. "If you weren't there...I think things would've been worse."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 8:46 pm

"Yay fire powers?" Calla's tone was amused, but she knew what he meant and she snuggled a bit closer. After the crap they went through, his dirt and grime didn't bother her one bit. She could always wipe off wherever he smudged her. "I'm sure you could ask if they have a library?" she offered, "I'm sure there'd be notebooks or journals lying around, too." Either writing would be a distraction or he'd just stare at the blank page, willing ideas to come and instead think of the travesties that happened and not write a single thing. He could take it a third way and turn that on it's head, actually writing about it as a sort of therapy. For now, books would be the best bet to just take a breather.

"I don't think they'd want me in the library looking like this, but it's an idea." Vince took another breath in and out. He reached out and placed an arm over her shoulders. "...I really should get changed. River would get upset with me if I keep stinking of blood and grime." He still didn't make a move to get up. His voice turned light. "I think I'm turning into you. I'm lazy."

Calla reached up and shoved her hand on his face. This only made him cling to her and cry 'no don't make me' but she managed to pry him away, laughing as he landed on his back in the dirt. "I will find someone to help me drag you to the springs and dump you in!"

"Okay okay!" Vince laughed as he got up. His expression faltered into something sad only for a moment as he looked at the hut and looked at Calla. "Swear if she asks for me, you'll come get me. Whether or not I'm naked."

"Like I haven't seen plenty of that when you walk out of the shower because you forgot to get your towel." Calla drawled, but she grinned at him and waved, "I promise. Grab me a book, too, on your way back."

"Roger that." Vince saluted lazily and walked off towards the bathhouses that Calla had just come from.

Now that he'd gone, Calla got to her feet and brushed herself off, rubbing away any evidence of bad memories and knocked on the hut door, peeking in, "Would I be a bother if I came in?" she asked the woman on the sitting pillow next to River's cot.

"No. She's resting." Nyah spoke gently as she let her hands down. She wore dark blues and her long black hair was tied up in a bun to keep it out of her face as she did her work. Her magic faded at her finger tips. "It is going to take a while to heal her. Her soul has been shattered and her heart broken." She looked at Calla. "Your friend Vince also needs treatment. His heart is torn and his soul in chaos. Undoubtedly you too. Your soul is weary and strained. You coming here was a good idea."

"We just...wandered. We didn't even know we would survive long enough to see civilization again." Calla admitted, taking a seat directly across from Nyah, "Vince and I agreed the night before you and Draco found us that we'd be alright dying in the jungle. At least it wasn't in a cell."

"The jungle is unforgiving as it is merciful. It lead you to us, and therefore you do not have to die any time soon." Nyah shook her head from side to side. "Though I admire your thought. I would say the same. Death is as it is. You can only prepare for it's coming, you never know."

"I think it was being prepared to die is what made me have a sudden peace of mind. I was a wreck." Calla released a breathy chuckle, being as quiet as she could while having a conversation, "Twitchy, looking over my shoulder, /almost/ starting a couple fires before Vince put them out. Yet laying there staring at the starry sky I was the one who blurted it out. We were long since out of our captor's reach, and I just...let it go. I slept like a rock that night. In that moment in time it felt like a mini-death, even. I haven't felt this calm since I was in that cell, just letting things happen as they came."

She shrugged, "I agree, though. Vince has a brave face, but he was trying to keep himself together just now. Work on him and River first. If you wish to try your hand at patching me, you're welcome to it. I enjoy spiritual things, find them fascinating, and I might sit in on you working if you'll allow me."

"We'll see. Perhaps not on your friends." Nyah mused. "How long do you plan on staying here?"

"Until River's able to travel again. I asked the person who gave me the dress where we were and if there was a city. Apparently the city takes a long time to get to, about a week. We can't go that far as we are." Calla frowned.

"You could probably hitch a ride with us," Nyah mused. "The King wishes for us to go over there once we find someone for him. We do not know her arrival though."

"Will we be welcome longer than a week?" Calla furrowed her brows. Overall it would be best for River. The longer she had to rest and recuperate, the best. "You wouldn't have to rush your healing, either, if we stayed."

"I'm not about to send people who still need my help." Nyah looked down at River. "We said a week because we weren't sure of the damage. But the longer you're with us, the more time you will have to heal. It's best for all involved. I will talk to the Elder, and give them my reports to make sure you're able to stay. If need be, we'll take you with us to the castle and finish healing there if the girl arrives and your healing is not yet finished."

"I can agree to that." Calla relaxed a bit more, "Alright. Thank you. How are you doing right now, anyway?" she tilted her head at Nyah, "River's gotta be the worst case you've seen in a long time. I'm frayed, and Vince is a mess, but that's nothing compared to her. I was barely able to get her to eat and drink on our journey."

"She is." Nyah carefully moved a strand of fire-red hair out of River's face as she slept. "The things she has gone through. The trust that was destroyed. Hydra I knew were bad people, but this is a monster's piece of work. I do not think I heal every scar, but I can heal the majority so that she can continue on. That is all I can do for her. Everything else is in time's hands."

"Is it possible to explain how it works? Your powers? Or is how you heal the person different?" Calla reached out and slipped her hand into River's limp one, squeezing it briefly and then just holding it. River would need a haircut as well. The faded purple didn't look completely hideous, but it wasn't pretty either.

"For your friend, I have to go in deep into her soul and I have to figure out the shards." Nyah explained. "Some are connected to her mind, so I'm slowly healing both at the same time. Once I put at least half of her back together, I can start the mending work. Right now, I'm reminding her that she is a person, and that she can have wants and needs. I'm reminding her that she is well loved, well cared for, and she has nothing to fear and I put those reminders in every shard I can find."

Hearing these things made Calla feel a lot better. "Yeah...yeah, that's good. Vince and I did our best. I don't want her to feel like she can't lean on us. She means a lot and Vince and I would probably fall apart if we lost her."

"Vince is very close to her, I noticed." Nyah mused. "Not saying that she is not close to you as well, but...it's a type of closeness siblings or lovers have."

"They dated when we were younger." Calla explained, "Vince ended up loving his books more, but he cares for her quite a bit, you're right about that. I'm the sister in the group, they're like the super sweet mom and chill dad."

"That is an interesting analogy." Nyah smiled, her eyes crinkling around the corners. "But that explains why she feels so ashamed. Now that I know, I think I know what route to go."

"I'm glad I was able to help." Calla smiled, and the two of them went quiet as Nyah's magic came to her fingertips again.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 12:45 am

It had been a week since Nyah had started healing her, and it was the first time in a long time River was standing on her own two feet feeling the sun on her skin. It was a little unnerving to be walking around a village, it felt so open and vulnerable, but she knew that it was very well protected and no one would get up here easily. She took a breath and let it out, the heavy humid air was a little hard on her, but she knew it was because of the altitude. She was kind of surprised that none of the villagers tried to talk to her, and a little relieved. She didn't think she could handle an adult conversation right now.

"No, come back, Ayodele! I'm not done!" shouted a female voice and a bubbling child's laugh filled the air. When River looked, there was a child no older than three wobbling her way in a run, arms up. The child was only dressed in a pair of loose green bottoms. They hadn't been running very far before colliding with River's leg and hugging it with another laugh, the mother was standing on a porch nearby, hands on her hips, a green tunic top dangling from her fingers. The child was female, her hair tied up in a ponytail that rested at the top of her head.

"Um.." River blushed a little at the little one that was hugging her leg. "Hello." She smiled lightly at the child and looked up at the woman and waved to her.

"Hi-hi!" Ayodele beamed bright up at her and waved enthusiastically, "You new! What your name?! I Adodele!"

"Ayodele." River bent down to their level with a smile. "I'm River. Are you sure you should be running around without a shirt?" She gently poked the child's cheek.

"Wanna play! No one care. Too young still." Ayo moved her arms up and down, still grinning, "You look like other sad people! They like to play. You wanna play? Play make feel better!"

River's lips quirked into a smile and she nodded her head, "I'd love to play. What game? Should we ask some of the other kids if they want to play too?" She wondered who the other sad people were, and if she was talking about Vince and Calla. It'd make sense. Vince loved kids as much as she did. Calla, she wasn't sure what her stance was.

"Game! Ball! Others like ball, too. Panit brings his all time. I take you to Panit!" Ayo giggled, "Yay! I like you! Make you happy!"

"Okay let's go find Panit and let's see what we can't play. I like you, too, Ayodele." She smiled brightly and let herself be guided by the little one towards another house.

~*~

"She actually has a smile on her face that isn't forced." Calla commented to Vince as the two of them watched River. She had accumulated more children as the day went on, and right now she was tickling a young four-year-old boy while another tried to save him.

"I forgot that children for her is like therapy." Vince said as he had his own kid to play with. They were playing a game of catch, but they were sitting down to do it since the girl was tired of standing. It was quite a challenge to catch the ball when sitting though, but it made the game a little more fun. "She certainly has a fan group." He watched as the boy launched himself onto River's back and she fell over as dramatically as possible.

"It's adorable." Calla grinned, "She's doing so much better. Do you think you'll let Nyah try to see what she can do for you? Or are you going to wait some more? If you're not ready, you're not ready."

"I think you should go first." Vince shook his head from side to side. "Then maybe I'll do it."

Calla fluffed up his hair which knocked his beanie forward into his eyes, the ball hitting his chest. She and the little girl laughed, "Somehow I knew you'd say that. Alright, fine. I'll let Nyah know your choice and River can take a break from the daily magic journey."

"Daily magic journey." Vince snorted, tossed the ball back, fixed his beanie, and caught the ball that was flying over head. He winked at the child who pouted, clearly thinking that she was going to get him to stand up to catch it and he tossed it back to her. "You would call it that."

"What have /you/ been calling it then?" Calla stuck her tongue out at him.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 8:45 am

"Soul-healing, like it's called." Vince stuck his tongue back at her and missed the ball that whizzed past his face. He gave the child a look, but she clapped her hands over her mouth and giggled. "I thought we were supposed to be sitting." He told her as he stood up and went after the ball that was a little far from his reach if he stretched out and he didn't want to grass stains over the new clothes the villagers gave them, even though it was green enough so that they probably couldn't tell. He grabbed the ball and tossed it back at the child, making sure it was her turn to go and stand. She pouted at him and he grinned innocently.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 11:39 am

Calla laughed and got to her feet, stretching tall and then relaxing once she got a few good pops out of her back. Then she dusted off her orange sari that wrapped around and complimented her nicely. Nothing overly fancy, not like some other villagers that also wore orange, but even i it's simplicity it was gorgeous. "I'll go find Nyah. You and River have fun with the kiddos." She leaned down to peck his cheek and wandered off.

Honestly, she didn't know where she could be. So she ended up just...walking around aimlessly. The shops in the village square amazed her with how spacious they were on the inside when they looked so small outwardly. She was sure the huts and houses with families in them were the same. Looking out through the village she told herself she might go to the springs tomorrow. There was a lagoon with a waterfall not too far from the hot springs, either. Beyond both of those, she remembered being told that was where their dead had a place of memory nailed to a tree. Nyah's parents were there.

Calla was startled out of her reverie when she heard someone whistle and she turned her head to try and see where it came from, only to spot Draco and she waved at him, "Hello! Any signs of that person you're supposed to keep an eye out for? Or will it be some time yet do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 6:22 pm

"We think some time." Draco smiled warmly as he approached. His clothes were well tailored to fit his body, the blue was almost camouflaged with how dark it was against his skin. His hair was tied in small braids with blue beads on the ends. The rattle was soft, but it was clear he wore them to show the villagers that he wasn't on the job, and to give their guests peace of mind that they'll be alerted when he came near. "It's..difficult to say. We aren't aware of which direction she's coming from. We know that she's on the trains, as flying wouldn't get her near us." He explained. "No cause for worry though. The winds will guide her here. After all, the King has her father and there's attachment there. You look lost in thought. What's the matter?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 2:04 am

"Oh, just..." Calla let a sigh out through her nose as she looked around again, "Feeling a bit out of place, I guess. River and Vince playing with the children like it's second nature. I dunno. Kids come to me, sure, but I never know what to do with them and they gotta sense my awkwardness because they're off finding something more entertaining. I love kids, I just wish I could play with them like my friends do."

Draco nodded, "I don't do well with children either." He admitted. "Considering I hang with Nyah, I don't fair well here at all either. Parents would...um..." He scratched his cheek. "My english fails me, I don't know the word. But it's a type of look with the eyes. Kind of like this." He gave her a look that was both skeptical, and judgmental. "I don't know what kind of gaze that is, but it was...uncomfortable. But children don't understand...they don't have boundaries and we, as adults, have them. So they become...uncomfortable to be around because they see things. We know they see things, and their innocent about it. It makes us wary, automatically. Though, perhaps, that's not the case for you?"

"When I was younger I'd get that look, too. I'd try, then the parents would call them away. Before...I had blue in my hair and I was a rebel. I mellowed a lot as an adult, but I guess I still feel like I'm not good enough to be around kids or anything." Calla sighed, "Never really had the practice and I don't...feel right. Can't do this, can't say that. Treat them like glass or you're a horrible person."

Draco laughed a little, "It sounds like children in your culture are very sheltered. If that's all you're concerned about, you have no need to be worried. Our children are curious. They ask questions and they like to play. If you're not comfortable saying something, then don't. But in our culture, if they're old enough to ask, they're old enough to understand and know."

"They play fairly rough with each other..." Calla nodded, "They don't cry so much when they get banged up .Kinda like I was when I was a kid. Always annoyed me, a tiny little scrape and my classmates would start bawling. Just put a band-aid on me and I'm good to go." She smiled up at him, "You look pretty good today, by the way. Love the braids, but why not wear something like yellow?"

"Mm...maybe a little of both? I couldn't see you in a full yellow outfit, but yellow accents like the beading might work for you. I love contrast on people with colored skin. I dunno. I like to chalk it up to being an artist thing." Calla laughed a bit, "Why? Is there a thing with colors in your culture?"

"There is." Draco nodded with a bit of a smile. "I suppose bright colors would look good on us. Our dark skin would let the color shine, while I'm almost certain the skin tone you have washes it or pales it out." He nodded a moment. "Yellow is a joy color."

"Sounds about right. It's only been a week and all, but you're pretty joyful when I see you, especially with Nyah." Calla paused and reached out to lightly tug his sleeve, "So what's blue? You and Nyah both wear it, and some others around the village, but it's less of a meaning and more of a status it feels like?"

"Yes." Draco smiled warmly and he touched his clothes. "We completed our training both as warriors and healers." He let his hand go from his clothes. "Those who wear purple are usually learning underneath someone who wears blue. Nyah refuses students however and so do I. But, you'll normally see a purple and a blue together. Which makes sense, the colors compliment each other. Blue means support, purple means to be molded or to be observed. Why else did royals in Europe wear purple as royal figures? You watched them. You'd turn away if they wore red."

"Green...it tends to be a camouflage color, is that why we wore it at first? Why River still does?" Calla asked curiously, bringing her hand back to herself and she looked down at the sari that wrapped around her body, "What's orange?" Suddenly her cheeks bloomed, "I just realized I'm asking a ton and a half of questions. You can stop me while I'm ahead."

"You noticed?" Draco looked over where he could hear children laughing and he shifted, "Green is...a color for those who are unable to fight. Children, the injured. Your friend...is only in stable condition that doesn't mean she's good or well enough to fight." He looked at Calla sadly. "Nyah is doing all that she can. But soul healing requires the patient to do work to. It's not like a physical ailment."

He looked at her up and down, "As for orange, well. I have to say it suits you. It means good fortune. Luck. You were lucky to have made it here. You were lucky we found you. Luck guides your every step, so we in turn hope that fortune looks your way as well."

Calla blushed a bit more, smiling shyly and ducking her head a bit, "Just goes to show you can't assume. There's a lot of hidden meanings around, aren't there?" She motioned to the beaten path, offering to walk while they talked, "I was supposed to go find Nyah, since Vince told me to get my soul-healing before he does. I can do that later, though. Tell me more about colors. I paint...painted?" She shrugged. She probably couldn't put anything on a canvas if she tried, like Vince couldn't put words on paper. "Colors are my life. I'd love to understand what they mean to you."

"Colors mean a lot to us." Draco agreed as he walked with her. "I can tell your sincere in your pursuit of knowledge, so I'll answer what I can. We don't have a meaning for every color under the sun, but I'll tell you the ones you'll more than likely see here." He pointed over at a woman. "See the red sari? That is a symbol that she is either a mother or she had nearly died to save our village. Healers of the physical body also wear it, but I know her personally so I didn't want to use her as an example as a physical healer. Rarely it's worn by men, but usually when it is, they stepped down from being warriors to care for their child. Maybe the woman is the better fighter."

"You're fairly equal with how things stand." Calla hummed thoughtfully, "Do meanings change when they are paired together? Red /and/ orange?"

"Aggression. Foolish." Draco replied. "But that's if your a man. But if you're a woman, you're trying to ask the universe to give you a child or if you're pregnant you're asking for a good birth. But men can't wear the color. You're flaunting the gifts the universe may give you. You're making your sacrifice look like martyrdom and you're telling the Universe you deserve it. It's insulting on a man."

Calla whistled a bit, "Dang." She let what he'd told her so far sink in, and decided to go for things she knew. "White is used for purity and marriage a lot of the time, and unless it's formal attire, black is a color for death and darkness. What are they here?"

"White is for our Elders." Draco explained. "You deserve to see them bleed if you cut them because you don't get to grow from old age without learning a trick or two. But it means peace, serenity. Black is either an ending or forgiveness. Or you're being cold towards someone. We rarely wear it. But it doesn't mean death. That's brown."

"Brown's another earthy color like green is, just for calm and nature." Calla tilted her head at him, "Then what do you wear for mourning if not black?"

"We wear grey." Draco said softly. "We wear our sadness, just like the clouds cover the blue sky when it's about to rain."

"Oooh, that makes a lot of sense now I think about it." Calla hummed, "I did orange-red, so orange-yellow? Oh! I dunno if you know what Christmas is, but what about green-red?" With all these different colors, she was sure the decor for Christmas would confuse the fuck out of the Atrum.

"Orange-yellow is a prayer for family. Good home. Things like that." Draco explained. "I don't know what Christmas is, but I'll assume it's something like the Winter Festival we have. So that means surprised and nature's beauty and grace. It's red wrapped around green, at least that is how I envision it."

"That's not too far off, actually. Yeah, it's a Winter Festival. The three of us celebrate a version of it, called Yule, as we don't follow Christianity." Calla shrugged, "There's a bunch of gold and silver that comes out during that time of year, so do those have their own meanings or are they just metal?"

"Silver is for weddings." Draco smiled, "It's usually used in combination of white, but it's more common on it's own. Respect, cleansing, and transformation. Gold doesn't have a meaning to us."

"I suppose this wouldn't be complete if I didn't ask about pink." Calla snickered, "Love, romance, that sort of thing?"

"Well, you have that." Draco smiled, "It also means family and faith."

"Aw, that's cute." Calla grinned up at him, "Thanks for letting me hound you with questions. I feel better than when you first found me. I hope I didn't keep you from anything important."

"No. You didn't keep me from anything," Draco shook his head. "The only thing I do that's important is to stay on watch. But that's all." He crossed his hands over his chest and held them out. "I will take my leave however, and watch your friends. Just in case River gets overwhelmed. Or Vince for that matter." He turned away.

"Draco?" Calla called before he got to far and bit her lip when he turned around, "Let's talk again soon?"

"Always." Draco smiled at her.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 12:12 am

Calla found Nyah outside her hut, weaving threads together into a lovely pattern. "It looks like you're making a friendship bracelet."

"It is something like that. It is a courting bracelet." Nyah smiled warmly, "Though I'm presuming that you have the same method of tying knots to make a friendship bracelet."

"We do. Who's the lucky guy or gal?" Calla grinned at her and came to sit beside her.

"It is not for me." Nyah shook her head from side to side. "One of the men does not know how to make the bracelet, so he brought me the threads and asked me if I could do it for him."

"It is pretty intricate. Most I can do is either braiding or a certain kind of pattern where you make a four with the thread and loop it." Calla shrugged, "Draco just educated me on a bunch of your guys' color meanings. Those ones look real pretty together."

"Color holds a lot of meaning to us, but we have other things we hold in regard as well." Nyah smiled as she turned back to to her work. "The more work put into the bracelet, the more it's obvious that he wishes to be with the one he chose."

"Aw, I like the thought of that. He must be head over heels." Calla cooed a bit, "I was feeling kind of down because I wasn't sure how to interact with the village children, and River and Vince were enjoying themselves. Draco made me feel better with color talk, since I'm an artist, even if I am on hiatus. I did start out looking for you, but then I got lost in thought."

"Looking for me?" Nyah blinked in surprise and she shook her head from side to side. "Our ways must have been strange to you. Are you still lost in thoughts or...are you clear-minded now?"

"Clear-minded, I'd say. At least about what was troubling me before. Next time I see some of the kids and they want to play, I'll try not to be so hesitant." Calla nodded, "Vince isn't read for his magic journey, so I wanted to let you know you could work on me next to give River a break and work out her own head from the pieces."

"I have done what I can for now," Nyah agreed and turned to her fully, abandoning the work that was hanging on a piece of board. "Tell me what you'd liked to be worked on. What do you wish? I could do a soul-scan, but Draco is far better reader than I am."

"I...is he?" Calla blinked at her, "How does his reading work? Is it the same as yours?"

"Hmmm...how do I put this." Nyah said slowly, tapping her finger to her chin. "Ah. Think of it as this. Draco sees you exactly as you are and whatever you have hidden away. An example would be, say you didn't know what power you had in your hands. Are you a pyro? Are you water? Earth? Draco will know. I will not. Because those energies I'm not connected to. I'm connected to charkas, to patterns, but Draco does not need to see those things to know what is broken. He could look at a picture, and he'd know if you were in pain."

Calla wondered if that was what prompted him to catch her attention. She smiled softly and nodded, "I understand. So...really I don't know what's wrong with me? I have the nightmares...but I wasn't...allow me to be blunt. I wasn't raped, not like River. My powers came on to me early, and I was extremely vicious before then. My only comfort was the scientists were too curious to know how our powers worked to be interested in any of that." She sighed, "Though...how River and I got caught was fairly similar. We didn't know the two we dated were Hydra. Hers was...very obsessed with her. Stalker and controlling. Terrifying, really. Mine...was cold. Dark and brooding. Scientific and logical. We both didn't know what we were getting into."

"Hers tore her soul, yours hurt your mind and heart." Nyah mused. "At least, that's what it sounds like to me."

Calla swallowed thickly, but she nodded, "Sounds about right. I mean...you're welcome to look? Unless that's not necessary and you know what's up. I couldn't give you a definitive answer."

"Hold still." Nyah placed her hands together in a triangle and started from the crown of Calla's head. It took about ten minutes for her to scan all the way down her body and back up again before she placed her hands down. "Do you want bad news or good news first?"

"Hit me with the bad then patch me up with the good. My parents hated that I did it that way, but it's just how I roll." Calla shrugged.

"Your heart charka is damaged in a way that only someone close to you can repair. I would only cause more damage and more grief." Nyah replied bluntly. "Your throat chakra is also blocked, but not in a way that I am needed. In fact, your best bet is to talk to Draco about it. The Throat Chakra is communication, something he thrives in. He'll know more on how to unblock it without causing you harm. So the good news is, you do not have to take the greens. You aren't shattered. You can still fight, should you need to."

"That's good, I like wearing this orange." Especially since she learned what it meant. "I expected the heart, and the throat must be blocked because I /haven't/ talked about it. So, that's something. At least you have one less person to worry about. Should I tell Vince to at least get scanned, too?"

"You could." Nyah said after a moment. "But I believe that his heart chakra, throat chakra, solar plexus and sacral chakras are all blocked, but not in a way I can heal. Vince is the creative type, like you are an artistic type. You'll both thrive on Draco's advice more than mine."

"I'll go find him, then. I think he was pretty apprehensive about someone diving in and seeing things he doesn't want them to see." Calla stood up, "I still wanna watch you when you do your sessions with River."

"So long as River doesn't object." Nyah smiled warmly. "Vince would benefit a nice group discussion and not a one on one if he's so cautious."

"I'm cool with that." Calla agreed, and she gave Nyah a pat on the shoulder, "I'll see you later, then. I wish that couple good luck." She winked and waved before running off again to find Vince.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 1:26 am

"I never would've guessed kids would be your therapy." Calla's tone was playfully sarcastic as she flopped onto the bed stomach-first, "Two weeks since you walked outa the healing hut and you got them knocking at the door begging to see you."

River's cheeks bloomed bright red, "All I did was ask them what games they liked to play. Let children be children. It's nice to not feel...expectations."

"Yeah...the last thing you needed was anything complicated." Calla agreed, "It's been wonderful here. The simplicity. I miss technology, but watching Draco tune his bike is fun in it's own way. I dunno if I'm imagining things, but I think he's getting a little antsy? He has all that stuff in his house-hut that he got from the city, so he goes there often enough, but he's been waiting for that special guest."

"King's orders," River agreed. "I'm sure it makes him worried too. I heard some of the villagers talk about it while I was walking around. They looked...apprehensive."

Calla pillowed her head in her arms and looked up at River, "I like Draco. He makes it easier to breathe. Vince is doing better, too, though not as much as I'd hoped. He's stubborn, more worried about us than himself."

"Vince has been like that since I could remember." River smiled fondly. "I think it's because he thinks I'm fragile or something. Well...he's not exactly wrong. I was in the worst shape...I feel bad that I wasn't strong. Like you or him."

"You bounced back faster than we expected." Calla pointed out, "Took a week, and Nyah helped a lot, but you're more you in less than a month which would've taken at least /a year/ normally I'm betting."

River shuddered, "That's true, but I can't take all the credit. Nyah does wonders. It makes me wonder...have you noticed that the villagers stay away from her and Draco?"

"Yes I have. They don't take trainees like the others who wear their uniform, either. I didn't ask why, just took it as it was." Calla hummed, "I wonder if he'd disclose that to me since we're closer? I didn't want to ask, it sounded personal."

"It might be," River frowned, "But it also might be common knowledge here. They don't stay away from us...well...actually. The adults give you strange looks. All of us. They see me wearing green and they relax only enough to make me know I'm not a threat, but if they see your or Vince, they tense up. They won't let the kids know...I guess they feel like the kids deserve to know us. Or maybe they don't want to be rude to our faces. I don't know."

"Strangers on their land. Something tells me this is a very hidden, secret village. They probably think we might blabber." Calla sighed, "There's three of us and another on her way. That's making them paranoid."

"The other is from the King himself." River sighed softly, flopping backwards and looking over at Vince who was already dead asleep. She had to admire that even though he was so paranoid, he could sleep anywhere...and she knew he was a light sleeper too. The only reason why he wasn't waking up with them talking was exactly that, it was them. "I wonder if Nyah and Draco broke rules bringing us here...I want to say I doubt it, but..."

"You got me curious enough...I'll ask. If we're causing problems being here...as much as I'm starting to /like/ like Draco, you're well enough we could probably head for the city." She turned her face further into her arms and sighed, "Of course, with my luck, Drago might swing the other way. I dunno, might also be bi? I flirt a little and he seems to flirt back."

River raised an eyebrow and looked at her friend, "I probably could, but it's a free ride to get there if we just hang on." She gently reminded. "We can ask, but we should take caution. We could overthink it. But as for Draco? I don't know...he might be bi."

"Yeah. Overthinking it is most likely. Asking never hurt, but you're right." She hummed softly, feeling her eyes grow heavier, "G'night, River. Love ya. I hope you sleep good, okay?"

"You too," River snuggled into her blankets and sighed. "Love you too."

~*~
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 1:29 am

Draco entered Nyah’s home, the door closing behind him with a soft click. River was asleep along with her friends huddled together in a pile. He was kind of thankful that Vince wasn’t so paranoid that he’d sleep against the door. No one was going to get any rest like that. Nyah was awake, staring out the window with her head against the wall.

“<You look exhausted.>” Draco said softly in their native tongue. English was so difficult and limiting with what he wanted to say. He was quite thankful that it was nights like these he was able to speak freely, without fearing that he was making the Outsiders feel well…like outsiders.

“<As much as you are. Long talks?>” She asked, turning her attention to him.

“<Vince has trust issues a mile long. Calla isn’t any better. Though they liked me well enough. Calla asked me more about the culture of the village, which in turn inspired Vince to ask some personal questions.>” He shrugged, “<But what they learned was mostly common knowledge. The colors, the style of clothes, our abilities. Didn’t ask about us. I wonder if they didn’t notice how the villagers act.>”

“<Maybe. Maybe not.>” Nyah shrugged it off lightly, “<But what’s your thoughts about the girl?>”

“<The one that’s supposed to arrive?>” Draco asked tilting his head to the side in thought. He raised a hand and made a gesture that clearly meant that he didn’t know. His hands flicked at the air and circled it. “<Only time will tell me anything. The villagers aren’t certain on how to feel. If the King says to protect her, we protect her no matter what. But that doesn’t mean we’re pleased with the idea.>”

“<We or you?>” She raised an eyebrow.

“<The villagers. I know the Winter Solider was used badly. I know you know too. That means that the daughter was treated badly, if not worse.>” Draco said softly. “<We won’t know much till we see her. Until then, we can only hope she won’t hurt us.>”

“<…True.>” Nyah murmured. “<I’m going to grab us a drink.>”

“<Don’t wake up the kids,>” Draco teased as Nyah did a rude gesture towards him and he laughed softly before looking at the pile where they slept.

He hoped that the girl, whoever she was, didn’t break the three that they worked so hard on.
()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 2:40 am

"Why don't the villagers like you or Nyah?" Calla and Draco were walking through the outskirts. Not too far away. Nyah was doing patrol today instead of him, and Vince hadn't wanted to do a session today, so it was just the two of them. She decided to be straightforward with him before he saw through her and asked what was on her mind.

"Many reasons." Draco looked at Calla curiously. "I was wondering when you were going to ask." He thought about it. "If you want the truth, the only reason why they dislike me is because I'm protecting Nyah. Nyah on the other hand...they have many reasons."

"Want to elaborate on that or is that pushing limits?" Calla arched a brow at him, pushing some over-grown leaves up so they wouldn't smack her in the face. "River brought it up, and I just wanted to know, too."

Draco scratched the back of his neck before sighing, "It's not. It's..common here." He looked at Calla. "Nyah's mother and father did the same thing that she did in saving you. They saved an outsider. Her father wasn't looked at right..no...wrong phrase...her father wasn't..her father was deaf and we didn't think he'd be a good warrior or protector. Her mother was the only one that researched a way to talk to him so they were close. But they thought that it was a waste of time. When they saved the outsider, they started to think that...well...they were both insane."

"So that's not all that different from the way my society treats people who are outside of the norm." Calla rubbed her forehead, "You're being shunned because you didn't let us die. I had a feeling." She sighed deeply, "You are all alive, so I guess that outsider didn't reveal your secrets."

"The village can't do anything, considering that the Outsider, if one of us, would've gotten blue." Draco's smile widened, "But it's not just you. Nyah...Nyah's not in good health." His smile faded just like that. "Just like her father with the bad ears, she has a bad heart. It can give out on her any moment if she strains herself too much. If she was better, you and your friend could've left within three days of coming here, perhaps even four."

"That's...only four?" Calla couldn't even imagine, after being here nearly a month, leaving so quickly like that. "I didn't even know. She hasn't...acted like she's in bad health. No shortness of breath. Maybe some sweating near the end of River's sessions, but not anything I wouldn't expect from dealing with someone as broken as River was."

"Because she paced herself." Draco nodded, "But, I'm worried. The King doesn't know her condition and she's too prideful. And depending on how the girl comes to us..."

"Draco."

Calla yelped and jumped, stumbling back into Draco and he had to catch her, "Speak of the devil and she will appear. Holy shit, Nyah!" She gasped, hand over her chest. Nyah had just popped up out of nowhere, and she looked like she was in a rush, giving no shits about her and looking at Draco pointedly.

"<What's wrong?>" Draco asked, falling into their native tongue quickly, sensing this was important.

But Nyah didn't share his reasoning for using their language. "The Winter Solider's daughter is here now."

Calla pulled away from Draco swiftly after hearing that, "I'll go back and tell River and Vince we finally got our company. Anything I should grab?"

Nyah blinked and turned to Calla. "I think if you could prepare a medical kit it might be good to have in case. We cannot be too overly prepared. I'll be heading back and bringing her here."

"Draco, go with. I'll be fine." Calla waved at the two of them to go do their thing and she turned around, heading back the way the two of them had come.

"Let's go." Draco nodded, "Calla will be fine."

~*~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP    Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP  Empty

Back to top Go down

Left Behind But Not Forgotten -CW RP
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next