Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:57 pm

~*~

Currently Kai was sitting cross legged with Ryoko sitting across from him. She was showing him how to play patty cake using different kinds of hand motions and clap patterns which was really fun. However, the little fox was bothered by a lot of what just happened. The talk was /really/ long and not short at all like his Ka-san said. "Ryo?" He asked as he used his right paw to clap with her left hand and brought them together to do the same thing with the right. "Why does Ka-san not like you? You're nice."

"I ran away from home...and that hurt her," Ryo explained softly, keeping up with the motions fairly well for now, "I don't know how to make it up to her, so she might be angry with me for a while still. I'm glad you think I'm nice, though."

"Why did you run away?" Kai asked. "Were they mean to you? Did they hit you? Ka-san always said that if someone hit me, I'm supposed to hit back and run away so they can't hit me anymore."

"It was...more of an impulse thing. You know...how you just get the urge to do something, so you do it?" Ryo hummed, wondering the best way to explain it to a four-year old. Demon or no, he was still a kit, "I was angry...and hurt, inside," she broke their game in order to pat at her chest, "I had been lied to for a long time, and my Otou-san explained everything to me. I wasn't thinking clearly. Of course...no one thinks clearly when they're upset. We say things we don't mean, do things we should never do..."

"Then why didn't you come back and say sorry? Were you scared?" Kai asked, putting his paws on his haunches as he watched Ryoko with curious eyes. "Did you think they didn't love you anymore?"

"Hai...to both of those things," Ryo nodded sadly, "I wanted to...I still haven't given a formal apology to Masa, but he was nice to me, so I'll worry about him later. I don't know if he still loves me like his sister, but he is still my friend."

Kai bowed his head thoughtful. "Kaa-san doesn't lie to me." He said after a moment. "She tells me all the time on how she found me and why she adopted me. She always tells me that I'm loved a lot. Huge!" He spread his arms wide in order to convey it. "She always that she's sorry that I don't know my other Kaa-san. I don't want a "other" kaa-san. I just want my kaa-san. The one I have now." He nodded. "I want my Masa-oji-san and Hiro-oji-san and Kara-oba-san." He paused. "If Kaa-san and you say your sorry, then you'll be my oba-san too."

"That might take a while, but I hope it happens," Ryo agreed, "I look forward to one day calling you my nephew, and you calling me your aunt," she smiled, patting his head. She heard footsteps and looked behind her to see who it was.

"Hey." Yusuke greeted as he slid the door shut and walked over to the edge of the porch. He jumped down in order to go over to where they were sitting. "Kurama's kicking the majority of us out so that Kuroi and he can help pack." He looked over at the fox. "Your Kaa-san wants you inside, squirt so you can pack up your stuff too. Be nice to the redhead. He's a fragile spirit."

"Okay!" Kai chirped as he stood up. "Bai-bai." He walked over to hug Ryo once before he walked over to the porch and had to climb up the edge before he stood up and walked to the door, disappearing behind it.

"He's a bit of a cutie." Yusuke admitted before looking at Ryo. "Did I interrupt a big conversation? You two look dead serious. You still look upset too."

Ryo rubbed her eyes and got to her feet. She sniffed and smiled, "I'm alright. He was asking why Hana doesn't like me, and I had to explain it in a way for a kit to understand. So do I have to go ask if I'm going or staying?"

"No...I think it's better if you come back home with us." Yusuke said slowly and gently wrapped his arms around her. "It's going to be okay." He murmured. "I told you, let her swing a few punches. She's going to lose her temper eventually. Just keep strong. You have me."

"Hai, I do," Ryo nodded, relaxing into his touch. Reaching up she kissed his cheek, "Let's get going, then."

~*~
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 2:06 am

"So, is this Kai?" Kurama asked once the others were all gone, and Hana was a lot calmer, more relaxed, now that Ryoko was gone. They had finished getting suitcases from the storage and were in Hanako's room. He knelt down to look at the fox closely, "You have adorable brown eyes, like chocolate."

Kai was unable to hide but his tail wrapped around to his side so that he could grab it with his paws and bring it towards his face. "Thank you." He mumbled, looking up at him shyly. "You have really pretty hair."

"Arigato. You're sweet like chocolate, too," Kurama smiled, bringing his hand up and brought his hair over his shoulder, "Would you like to feel it?"

Hana snickered at Kai's wide eyes and how quickly he accepted it. He ran his paw through his hair, being very careful since he knew that it could get tangled in his nails and fur and would pull. He did it to his Kaa-san a lot. "It's soft!" He exclaimed in shock. "Really soft!"

"I take care of it so it stays that way," Kurama smiled, and he reached into his hair and pulled out a white rosebud, "Here you go, you can have this." He didn't feel this kit had any plant abilities, and didn't want him to coax him to make the rose bloom and have it burst, because he didn't want to make Kai sad.

"Thank you!" Kai gently took the rosebud and brought it close to him. While he didn't have any plant abilities, he did love to garden and he loved flowers and all kinds of plants. He grinned before he turned to Hana. "Kaa-san, Kaa-san. Look what Kurama-san gave me!"

Hana smiled brightly at her son and at their interaction with each other. It was more and more clear to her that Kurama knew the kit...or at least knew the kit's family somehow. "It's gorgeous." She smiled at him. "When we're at the mansion, we can find a vase for it and that way it won't die quickly."

"Yeah! And we can put it near the sun. Flowers like the sun." Kai agreed energetically as he moved away so that he could try to help with the packing. He set the flower very carefully down next to his mom. "We got to remember that it's here." He said seriously to her. "That way when we're done packing we can take it with us."

"Hai, hai. I'll remember." Hana assured, smiling as Kai brightened and left her side so that he could start gathering his stuff to pack. She turned to Kurama who was still kneeling on the ground. "That was sweet of you."

Kurama started to move around the room and pick up the things in plain view, not wanting to go through her drawers and privacy, "You've raised him rather well," he complimented, "That was my way of showing him I like him."

Hana's smiled softly as she turned away and moved so that she could go into the drawers. She went into Kai's section first so that she could get his done before herself. "Thank you." She said sincerely. "Kai's always had that ability to make people like him. I'm glad that you do. You being a fox just like him, I was a little worried that I had been doing something wrong and you were going to tell me so."

"Foxes are naturally tricky, it just comes to us, but as long as we're raised right...like any other kid," Kurama looked at Kai busying himself finding his favorite toys, "We turn out just fine. My human mother would probably really like you, Hanako."

Hana's cheeks stained red. "You don't have to use my full name if you don't want to. Hana or Hana-chan is just fine with me. I'm more used to it than Hanako." She assured him with a little bit of a stutter. "....But thank you again. I feel like I'm being showered in compliments and yet I haven't had a chance to do the same to you."

"Hana, then, don't worry about it," Kurama's own cheeks tinted the barest hint of pink, "Do you...have any idea what happened to bring him into your care?" He didn't want to mention his birth parents around the little kit. He'd wait until he was in private for that.

"..." Hana nodded her head and took a breath. Kai on the other hand piped up. "She found me!"

"She found you?" Kurama tilted his head, "Do you remember what happened before she found you at all?"

"I was a baby." Kai shook his head. "So I don't know."

"He was one years old, remember?" Hana clarified. "I found him in the Twisty Forest. That forest that you probably went through that changes pathways a lot. I know the path by heart so the Forest can't trick me."

"It tried to, even though I followed the path pretty well...but the forest wouldn't separate parents, would it?" Kurama frowned, "I wouldn't imagine it to be that cruel. Like us, it's mischievous, but not cruel. Unless...something happened...?"

"You're right." Hana nodded. "The Twisty Forest, no matter how the child is unless they're legally of age, will never separate them from their parents unless something happened. I don't know about his parents...I can only assume the worst as when I found Kai he was very badly wounded."

"I have a scar!" Kai said proudly. "It's on my side and it's really ticklish right there cuz of it."

Strawberry...even if controlled somehow, would never hurt her own child. Her mate, perhaps? Or even...someone was after them, which is why they were trying to get to the Temple for safety. There were several reasons Kai would've been left alone in that forest for Hana to find him, "Alright. I'm sorry for bringing all this up. It's just...you already realized I recognize someone I knew in him. I was...simply trying to make sense of it."

"I understand completely," Hana nodded her head as she moved on from packing clothes to worrying about her nightlight and flashlight as well as some stuff for her. Pastles and coloring books. "...I'm kind of happy and sad that you recognized him. I don't....I don't want a repeat of what happened between Ryoko and my father."

"May I ask what happened to your father?" Kurama noticed the nightlight and made a mental note for later.

"He's on a mission and hasn't come back yet. I don't know much about where he's at or what he's doing." Hana admitted. "He left a few weeks ago actually and there hasn't been a letter or word telling me how he is. It's worrisome. But...this is a war we're about to fight. I think that's what the mission's about."

"We should write a note and stick it on the fridge so he knows where we are." Kai said thoughtfully.

"Too dangerous sweetheart." Hana shook her head. "Anyone would be able to find us if we did that. We'll just have to hope that our paths cross again someday..."

"Your father...you said mission. There must be some way to keep him informed without giving everything away," He put his hand on his chin, "Of those friends that were mentioned before, we have two demon ninjas. Touya the Ice Master, and Jin the Wind Master. Would he know either of them?"

"I know Jin." Hana nodded her head. "My father knows him too. Why do you ask?"

"Hiroshi! We could talk to him before we leave," Kurama snapped his fingers, "Perfect. We can use Hiroshi to have your father contact Jin, who can bring Mr. Minami to Tsunaia's."

Hana was thoughtful at the plan and nodded her head. "That works. Takara would remind him constantly in case he forgot so, I'm not worried about it. That's a good plan."

"Ojisan is going to come with us?" Kai perked up at this. "He'll come home soon then."

"So we can hope." Hana agreed.

"If not stay, he can at least pop in so we can fill him in, get important things cleared up," Kurama nodded, "One step at a time. We have you and your brother, which is what we came for. I'm really thankful you agreed."

Hana nodded her head though she seemed to be on edge. "I had half of the mind to have declined if I'm honest." She admitted softly. "I didn't want to put Kai in a dangerous situation like this and...to be blunt, I had half of the mind to do it out of spite."

"To do things out of spite is never a good thing, which...is why I'm glad she wasn't there. I think Ryo knew that her presence would've influenced your decision," Kurama said slowly, "She still thinks about you, and has the best in mind, especially after what she learned." He looked over at Kai, "Are you almost done, kit?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 2:15 am

"Almost." Kai agreed as he immediately went under the bed and came out with a stuffed animal that was in a shape of an owl. "Okay I think I'm done. Are you done Kaa-san?"

"Not quite yet," Kurama said for Hana, "Do you think you can go show Masa-oji your rose? We'll meet up with you soon, okay?"

"Okay!" Kai grinned as he picked up the rose from beside his mom and ran off. "Masa-oji!!!" He shouted down the hallway.

"Such a cutie," Kurama chuckled and shook his head before he closed the door, "I want to spill everything I know about that kid, but right now...let me ask you. Did you know Ryoko's Azazel's daughter?"

"Yes and no." Hana replied softly. "Her energy didn't fit right with the energy of the other demons and when I met a Helldemon for the first time in my life just recently, things clicked together. Otosan did this as a favor to Lucifer since Kaasan is down there due to being a follower of Persephone."

"That makes a lot of sense overall," Kurama nodded slowly, the pieces also falling into place for him, "Lilith's her mother, which is why she's part vampire. So, the reason she can eat human food is not because she's a hanyou human, but a hanyou angel, fallen or not. Intriguing. Ryoko, in all actuality, is the epitome of yin and yang. I wonder if the angel part's even sunk into Yusuke's brain yet, considering he is a demon now," his lips quirked up in amusement, "Anyway...I'm getting off topic. What I mean to say, is Ryo is trying her best to prove she's a better person than her parents, and that's not something you should fault her for. She grew up with you, she knows how you work. She knew we needed you, and the best way to do that was to get out of your way. Still, she also knows you're going to blow up at her sooner or later. That's why I asked you to...play nice, until things get settled. I obviously don't expect it to last forever, and I am sorry. This is my job, and I try to figure out the best course of action that works for everyone."

"It's ironic." Hana's lips quirked a little and then shook her head. "I understand. Your job was to make sure everything was smooth. Losing me and losing my twin would be a devastating loss to your party." There was a long pause. "She's more black than she is white."

"That's what you believe right now, and I won't even /attempt/ to argue otherwise...but do acknowledge, that she is trying to make it up," Kurama shrugged, "I honestly have nothing else to say on the matter. So, how about we finish up here and head out before Kai gets cranky that you took longer than you promised, hmm?"

Hana laughed warmly, her eyes dancing. "Hai, hai." She agreed with a smile. "We don't want that."
~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 6:48 pm

Masanori's room was a lot cleaner than Hana's, since he didn't have a child to take care of. However, there was evidence based on a few photographs in frames and a few hand drawn pictures that Kai was a big part of the family. "Sorry that my room's a mess." He apologized as he tossed the suitcase on to the bed and started rummaging through the drawers. "Kai's not allowed in anyone's room unless given permission." He explained. "Besides his and Hana's."

"If this is a mess, I'd hate what you'd have to say about my room," Kuroi laughed softly as she was drawn to the weapons on top of his nightstand, "Though it's not clothes that litter the ground, it's ribbon and paper."

"Why ribbon and paper? Do you do crafting?" Masanori asked curiously as he started to sort his clothes and place them into the suitcase. He glanced over his shoulder to see that she was looking at the weapons on top of his nightstand. It was just a few daggers and a short sword. "I can't do spells like my sister can so I have to be up close and personal with my enemies."

"I'm a medium to short range with my scythe. The further they go the less control I have," Kuroi admitted. Then she pointed out her arms which were wrapped up in purple ribbon, "I wear ribbon to hide my scars. The paper though, that's because I like to write songs. I enjoy singing and dancing."

"Takara used to be apart of the choir and Hiroshi was apart of the Color Guard. I swear that's the only reason why he took gymnastics to begin with." Masanori laughed. "My sister plays piano too. If you ask nicely enough, she'll play while you sing. She's done it before. I don't have any talent besides a little of dance because of Hiro."

"Gymnastics? I heard about that, sounds fun," Kuroi tilted her head curiously. She brought his weapons over so he could put them away, "We have a piano, I might take you up on that. What kind of dance do you know? Ballroom? Learning ballroom and formal dancing was a sort of requirement for me. I do enjoy club dancing though, and going to human bars. My father took me to my first bar when I was sixteen, but Kokoro took me to a /human/ bar when I turned 21. That was interesting. Human certainly aren't much different than demons when they're piss ass drunk."

"We drink at home. Hana can't do loud. Takara and Hiroshi are ravers though so they sometimes hit the clubs and dress slutty while doing it." Masanori rolled his eyes teasingly at the thought. "I learned how to waltz, but that's the only thing I know sadly." He looked at Kuroi curiously. "May I ask you something?"

"Might have to ask your friends to contact us when they know when a rave is going on," Kuroi grinned, "Ask away, Masa, I'll answer whatever you got."

"Your ribbons that hide your scars..." Masanori was uncertain of how to ask this question. "How did you....get them? The scars I mean, not the ribbons. You don't have to answer if it's too personal."

"It's a simple thing that my mom wishes I hadn't inherited from my dad," Kuroi hummed, and she hooked a finger under a strand and shifted it down, showing him one that was fresh, "My dad and I have magic in our blood, and we need to drain at least a pint of it a day, or it builds up and we get really sick. I've learned how to cut clean and fast with my pocket knife so I just feel a sting and then it's gone. I was kind of...leery, at first, about Ryoko drinking my blood, but the past five years we kind of developed the best system. A pint for her is kind of like a snack, so I'd go in the morning and let her have some for breakfast, and we'd both be energized for the day. I had to cut while she was in captivity for three days, though, and then of course she drank Yusuke's instead of mine yesterday, and then today..." she shrugged.

"Ryo's only ever fed from Hana." Masanori hummed. "I'm sure that she'll come up with a system to feed from you and Yusuke since I'm sure it's best if she drank the blood from her bonded. Though, if there's anything that I can do to help...let me know."

"Ryo and Yusuke don't know they're bonded yet, they're still at the cutie-eyed stage where they have a crush on each other but they're still too shy to do anything about it," Kuroi shrugged, "It's not a big deal if she doesn't ever feed from me. I did this for fifteen years before her, so I'm alright. Demons are tough," she lightly punched Masa's arm and then brought it back so she could put the ribbon back over the injury.

"...You're right I do tend to worry." Masanori agreed after hearing that she's been doing this for a long time. He knew that there was really nothing that he could do besides support her. It wasn't like she was self-harming herself in a negative way. People who were diabetic had to stick their fingers with needles all the time, so this shouldn't be too different. Besides her punch kind of did hurt so she wasn't lying when she said that demons were tough. In more ways than one.

~*~

"Home! We don't have to go anywhere for a while!" Kuroi took a deep breath and then looked at Masa, "Here, I can show you your room."

Kurama watched as Kuroi dragged Masanori along and into the mansion, "Well, /she/ doesn't have to go anywhere, but I think later I will make a pit stop in the human world."

"To see your mom?" Hana asked as she set Kai down. He was shaking a little and his fur was a little brushed up in anxiousness. His tail reminded her a bit of a scared cat. However, he left her side and started exploring the living room and towards the kitchen to see where everything or everyone was. "You don't like it here, do you? You're energy is a mess." His energy felt more like a ripple in a pond rather than a mess, but the idea was conveyed.

"Ah...yeah, memories," Kurama shrugged, "Ghosts of my past, that sort of thing. I might see my human mom, yeah, but I'm actually going to be shopping a little." He shifted from foot to foot, and tilted is head to listen. "Here, Kuronue's this way," he motioned for her to follow him and they went to the kitchen where Tsunaia was just pouring a fresh pot of tea, "This is Hana. Hana, this is my best friend's mate, Tsunaia, and Kuronue himself." He introduced.

"So you're Hana! Well, nice to meet you, dearie," Naia was ecstatic, "So glad you agreed to come!" She looked around then out the door they just came in, "Raiden?!"

"Hai?" Raiden didn't take long to come over to the door and didn't look at all surprised to see that there was more visitors.

"Would you be a dear and take Hana's things to her room? I saw Kuroi dash off with her twin just now," Naia giggled, "I'll show her where it is later."

"I will." Raiden nodded his head and looked over at the girl for a moment before nodding his head again and walked away, heading towards where they had put her luggage so that he could carry it up to her room.

Kuronue was grinning to himself as he watched his best friend. It took a lot to know him, but it was kind of easy to see that there was something going on. He wasn't shocked to know that Kurama would have a bit of a crush on a human. Considering that he was becoming more and more human himself, it was understandable. However, he had to wonder whether or not it was just a meaningless one or if he was Bonded to her...and would Youko be able to handle that. It made him frown a little inside. That was a good question in honesty. "Yo."

"Tea?" Naia tilted her head, holding up the tea pot, "I can grab you a cup."

"Um...hello." Hana blushed a little at the enthusiastic greeting that Naia gave and the mischievous smile that Kuronue had on his face. They were Bonded, undoubtedly. She heard Kai's footsteps and glanced over her shoulder to see that Kai was peeking around the corner to see what was going on before coming inside. "Um...can you also grab one for Kai, please?" She asked as she bent down to pick up the kit.

Kuronue's eyes widened and he looked over at Kurama. Silently he nodded his head towards Kai. 'That's Strawberry's energy isn't it?' Best friends always knew the silent talk, it was one of the things they were most famous for really.

Kurama nodded, 'I think so. I don't want to talk about it with him around.' He shrugged.

"Well, look at you!" Naia cooed as she set the pot down and went to the cupboard to grab two cups, "I didn't know you brought another with you. Left for two, bring back three! He's staying in the same room as you, I imagine. Kami knows they're big enough."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 8:00 pm

Hana's cheeks burned a red as she shifted Kai on her hip. Kai was looking at Naia and Kuronue interested as he watched her take down the cups. Naia was prettty and she looked welcoming. Kuronue on the other hand was a little scary looking with the big black wings and the fanged smirk. At the same time though, he didn't feel threatened by either of them. He carefully wiggled so that his mom understood that he wanted to be set down. He was hesitant once his feet touched the tile, but then he carefully walked over towards them, keeping out of their way, but watching.

"So, you're name is Kai isn't it?" Kuronue asked gently to the fox. His power was probably going to be pretty weak as he didn't have a lot of energy to form a human face or body. Which meant he was either a one tail or a two tail. Considering that he could only see one, he was probably only a one. "I'm Kuronue and that's my wife Naia. You don't have to be too shy around us. I promise we don't bite."

Kai looked at Kuronue straight on. "You're eyes are purple!" He exclaimed. "How are they purple? That's really cool." Hana giggled a little. Kurama was pretty, Kuronue was cool. She supposed she could see why Kai would say one and not the other. Kuronue was pretty cool looking in all honesty.

"I say they're indigo, because in certain light they look blue," Naia giggled, and she handed Hana the cups, "The sugar's right here if you want any," she pointed to the white container, "Yukina and Eri have been enjoying each other's company today so that's why I made the tea. I kinda of miss being able to come into my own kitchen for my own tea," she laughed.

Hana nodded with a small smile as she took the cups and carefully set them down on the table. She looked over at Kurama curiously and asked, "Would you like me to come along with you for the shopping?" Seeing how her son took a liking to Kuronue so quickly, she felt okay leaving him here. Kurama trusted him...and for some reason that was enough for her. "I understand if you want time to yourself of course."

"No, that's alright. I can handle myself. Arigato for the offer," Kurama patted her arm, "I think it'd be a good idea for you to stay, anyway, and meet the others."

"Okay." Hana nodded her head and smiled a little. Kuronue didn't miss how his friend smiled at her and how he patted her arm in an assuring manner. He stood up and Hana went back to the table. Kai liked his tea sweet depending on the flavor and she usually didn't add anything to hers unless she thought it needed it. She took a sip of her own tea to determine if she should sweeten Kai's, which was a yes.

"Kuro, do you want to go with me instead?" Kurama asked, "Just spend some time together? I know you hate glamour to hide your wings and ears but like your daughter, you do find the human world fun. We'll say hi to Shiori too. You know she loves your hugs," he bribed.

Kuronue laughed and he turned to Naia. "Do you mind if I go sweetheart?" He asked, knowing too well that he didn't need her permission. However, it was a nice thing to do, just in case she did need him there.

"No, not at all, though bring me back one of those human candy bars or chips," Naia grinned.

"Only two weeks pregnant and the cravings have started," Kurama teased his friend.

"Hush, start walking." Kuronue ordered and winked at Hana as he passed her by. Kai was already by her side, talking to her animatedly. He noticed, belatedly that he had a rose in his hand too. He was going to tease Kurama endlessly for this.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 8:39 pm

~*~

They had taken a portal to the human section where Kurama's mother lived and were currently walking through the town. Kuronue was highly uncomfortable with the glamor, he hated it immensely. However, Kurama was right. He did find the human world fun. He found the technology there exciting and he loved how humans were. "So." He drawled in a teasing manner. "I didn't think you were going to fall so hard and fast for a human. Let a lone a human with a kit."

"You want to say 'right after we talked about it too'," Kurama added, "I know, I know. I don't even know what I feel for her, though. I just know is she's troubled because of Ryo, and the way her eyes looked like a stormy winter sky when I first bumped into her made me uncomfortable. I hated that look, and I just wanted it to go away, so I did my best to make her smile, to make her happy."

"I also find it completely fun to also note that Hana and the kit kind of reminds me of you and your mum." Kuronue nodded and then paused. "You don't have to decide right now what you feel for her. But the question is...could you peruse it knowing that her first kid is technically Strawberry's?" He frowned deeply at that. "I never knew that Strawberry had a kid...let alone had a mate. After we all split off to do our own thing, I never heard from her again."

"He's only four, so...she must've had it rough for a long time after.../that/, and her mate made her happy enough to get through her shell. Something happened to her, though, I just know it, because she would've never abandoned Kai," Kurama shook his head, "The only drive I have inside me right now is to make sure Hana isn't sad. Kai's filled up a hole inside her that Ryo left, even if there's still a wound there afterwards. I am thankful for that, so it doesn't bother me at all."

"It's out of character for Strawberry to abandon anyone." Kuronue agreed. He understood Kurama's plight as well and was happy that the kit didn't bother him. However, it was worrisome about Strawberry. "Do you know why Kai was brought to Hana's care? Like...how he wound up with her I mean?"

"Apparently the forest that protects their temple saw fit to separate him from his parents...or parent, I don't even know. He has a scar on his side from being wounded. I think they...or she...or even her mate, was trying to get him to safety," Kurama took them down the walkway to his mother's house.

Kuronue sucked in a breath. "How old was he when he got that scar?" He really, /really/ hoped that he hadn't been a baby. He knew that this conversation was going to have to stop the moment that they got to Shiori's door too.

"Only one, when he was left in the forest," Kurama sighed, "He doesn't even remember."

Kuronue shook his head mutely. "Fuck." A baby and he had a scar and had been wounded when he was left. Strawberry would have murdered the person who'd dare harm her kid...and she wouldn't have been merciful about it. She'd make Youko look like a saint when he was angry, he was certain of it. "Fuck..."

Kurama rang the doorbell and smiled when he heard his mother's voice. It took a few minutes, she was probably cleaning or making tea, but she opened the door for them soon, "Mother," he greeted with a large smile.

"Suuichi!" Shiori beamed brightly as she quickly brought him into a hug before she let him go. She was one of the few people that was still allowed to call Kurama by his human name. Shiori usually did her best to call him Kurama as well, but they both had agreed that it just felt weird for the both of them. She looked behind him to see Kuronue and smiled warmly. "Hello to you too, Kuronue."

"Nice to see you too." Kuronue grinned as he stepped towards Shiori and brought her into a big, tight hug. Not too tight since he knew how weak humans were, but it was tight enough and big enough to get the point across. "How are you?"

"I'm doing well. Come in, come in." She stepped away for them to come inside.

"Were you making tea, mother?" Kurama asked curiously as they joined her and she closed and locked the door.

"I was. Do you want some? Do you, Kuronue?" Shiori offered as she walked towards the kitchen. It wasn't big and massive like the one at the mansion. It was nice and cozy instead, a small, but suitable room. It was also more comfortable, though Kuronue would never /dare/ say that to Naia or Eri for that matter.

"I'd love some tea, arigato," Kurama sat down on the big fluffy couch and sighed in content, "I know you're going to ask. All my friends are doing alright. It's been pretty busy the last couple days, but we're fine."

"That's good to hear." Shiroi said as she brewed the tea. "Why are you in town?" She asked lightly. "You sound exhausted."

Kuronue sat down next to his friend and crossed one of his legs over the other, outstretching his arms on the back of the couch. The cushions sunk in deep and it was highly comfortable.

"I'd appreciate it, and he's four," Kurama smiled in relief, "His name is Kai and he's a sweetheart. His adoptive mom has raised him rather well so far I believe."

Shiori came back with the tea and noticed that Kuronue was grinning like he had a secret or something funny to say. She passed them to tea cups and said lightly. "Do you remember the glow in the dark stars? While you're out doing some shopping, maybe you should get a small package of those. He might enjoy them since he's so young."

"Do you think Naia would mind me putting stars on her walls?" Kurama asked, looking at his friend and then he sipped his tea. Not too sweet, but just enough he couldn't taste the natural bitterness.

"No I don't think she'd mind very much." Kuronue grinned brightly. "Trying to butter up Hana I take it and make her like you more." He turned to Shiori. "He has a crush on Kai's mom in other words."

"Kuronue!" Kurama gaped at his friend. It would be one thing if he was courting Hana, but when he just met the woman?! "Was that really necessary?" he pouted a little.

Shiori blinked in surprise and started laughing. "I take it that you just recently met her right? Knocked you sideways when you met her?"

"It was decently recent." Kuronue confirmed. "But you know, we tend to move fast. I'm sure he won't scare her off...she's a human, but other than that he took one look at her and thought to himself "I just want to make her happy" and you can't deny that you didn't think that because you told me yourself!"

"I wasn't!" Kurama rolled his eyes, "You're terrible, Kuro." He sighed, "But yes, knocked me sideways literally. She has issues with her sister, and I tried to talk to her. We get along fairly well so far. We did just meet /today/," he kicked Kuro's leg playfully.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 11:24 pm

Shiori laughed lightly, enjoying the banter between her son and Kuronue. She liked how Kuro was able to get more of a reaction out of him besides Yusuke and Hiei. Hiei was more stoic and they could play off of each other well. "Well. Crushes can happen in a day." She assured. "Get to know her a little more and I'm sure you'll do fine. As for family issues, Suuichi sweetheart, don't get yourself too involved. Let them sort it out. They might fight and things may get awkward, but...that's normal. I'm sure she has her reasons and I'm sure her sister has hers."

"I know, and I'm trying," Kurama let out a long breath, taking another sip of his tea, "A lot of things are happening right now, things I can't talk to you about, but I am doing my best. I am Yusuke's adviser, after all, and if I lose my head then everybody else does. He has a crush...on my crush's sister. At least I'm aware I like Hana, anyway. Yusuke still doesn't know what to do about Ryo."

"Yusuke will probably figure it out after Ryo slaps him or after the girls have their fight becuase I'm ninety-nine percent sure that Hana's going to say something about it. Or Kokoro. Kokoro will probably say something way before Hana will." Kuronue mused. "Even though she can't talk since she can't even get the guy /she/ likes."

Shiori laughed. "It sounds like to me that it's a struggle for everyone around."

"More or less. Hiei and Kokoro are more the stubborn type, and Yusuke's a bit oblivious. Naia's pregnant, Jin's mate is due in August, Eri, Naia's cook, is due in July..." the redhead listed on his fingers, "It's pretty hectic, and I don't know how we're going to hold out heads above water, but friends bind together better than glue. That's what a lot of us are banking on. My thoughts are that...if I can help in anyway, and keep the tension down, then I'm doing my job right."

"It's all you can do, Suuichi." Shiori said calmly, "Congratulations on the second child, Kuronue." She grinned at the bat who grinned widely back.

"Thanks. I'm really excited." Kuronue beamed. "I wasn't expecting it either too, so that's a bonus."

"Hoping for a boy this time?" Kurama nudged him, "I know males are rare in the Fundir line, but so are second children. You just might get lucky."

"Boys and second children are incredibly rare." Kuronue agreed. "If we can get both, that's jackpot really. But I'll count my blessings either way if they're a boy or a girl. I blame Cara for the one child lottery, she was so sick when she had hers way back then."

Shiori merely smiled as the boys talked, happy to listen in and see what else would be said.

"You and Naia haven't exactly been safe, either, so I bet it's a miracle thing," Kurama tilted his head at Kuro with a raised eyebrow, 'Probably got baby fever from taking care of two pregnant women and her body provided.'

/'You shut up.'/ Kuronue happily kicked Kurama in the leg in response. "We didn't exactly think things through I agree to that. But hell, happy day. I'm not upset."

Time went on and their talk devolved into regular small talk. Soon, though, Kurama looked up at the clock and stood up, "Mother, would you be so kind as to get those nightlights? Then Kuro and I will be going to get those glow in the dark stars. It's been so nice to talk to you."

"Of course." Shiori stood up and walked away for a good few minutes until she came back down, a little dusty. She carried four nightlights. One of them was in the shape of a teddy bear, the other was in the shape of a lotus, another was of a rose, and the last one was of a lucky cat. "Will these work? You may have to get light bulbs for them."

Kuronue had to admit that they were pretty cute for someone who was a child of Kai's age. The teddy bear and the lucky cat especially. The two flowers were a bit on the girlish side, but...it was Kurama. Shiori probably had thought that since he liked flowers, he'd like those.

"I remember these, and I'll get light bulbs," Kurama assured, standing and looked at each carefully, reminiscing. He'd never been afraid of the dark, but they had been useful otherwise so he never said anything. He hugged his mother tightly, "I am sure Kai will love them."

Shiori hugged him back and Kuronue stood up to give her one last bear hug. "Let the mom know that she does have support. It's not easy being a single mother." She smiled a little at that, since she had been a single mother for years before she got remarried. She knew the hardships of it. "Take care of yourselves and tell Naia that I'm happy for her." She told Kuronue.

"Will do." Kuronue nodded.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 12:32 am

They were in the store and Kurama was debating just how many bags to get when he said, "It's not Kai." Hmm...the rose ones would be lovely in Hana's room...but what else did she like? Roses were just his default. Should he get moons?

"Sorry?" Kuronue looked over at Kurama as he was looking at the bags of the different kinds of glow in the dark stickies.

"Kai isn't afraid of the dark," Kurama clarified, "Hana is."

Kuronue was a little surprised by that. "How do you know that? Did she tell you?"

"Nope. If you tell anyone though, I'll murder you for good," Kurama tossed the bag of rose stickies in anyway, as well as the moons, "Instead of just grabbing the nightlight in her room like a mother would if it was for her child, she took great care to try and hide it from me. Holding it close, stuffing it under some clothes, that sort of thing."

"Why would I even?" Kuronue asked as he grinned at the bags that were being thrown into the small shopping basket that he was carrying since he lost at rock, paper, scissors. "But...afraid of the dark." He shook his head. "That's kind of an unusual fear don't you think? To have at her age?"

"She does see spirits, Kuro...it's probably more of a comfort thing to keep the shadows away than it is fear," Kurama shrugged, "That's something I'll ask her eventually, and then I'll let you know. I also saw her grab her art case which has chalk dust around it. Let's go see if we can find something like that, too."

"...If I told Yusuke that you were spoiling a single mother, I wonder what he'd say." Kuronue snickered as he followed Kurama out of the kiddie section and towards where the store would keep their art supplies. "That is a horrible thing though, I'll admit. Seeing ghosts." He shook his head. "I don't envy her in the slightest."

"No...I don't either, and I think her hurt goes deeper than her running out on them," Kurama bit his lip as he looked around for the chalk supplies, "I think...Hana's also mad because Ryo can control shadows...and when Ryo left, she left her with the monsters that hide in those shadows."

"Ryo has abandonment issues that go a mile deep." Kuronue commented as he looked at the supplies. He picked up box of pastles and looked at the colors. "I hate to say it, but...I wouldn't be shocked to know that she gave those issues to Hana when she left."

"Yeah...it's a loop that won't be broken until their father comes back into the picture, because it started with him and it'll only end with him," he rubbed his forehead and leaned forward, grabbing a box full of lots of wild colors. He also grabbed a package full of lots of paper, "I think that's it."

Kuronue nodded and sighed as they started walking back to the register. "So, what's your plan? Yusuke's pretty much going to be on Ryo's side. It's obvious."

"It's a waiting game now, but it won't boil over until Hana and Ryo are alone together. With so many of us, that's going to be difficult at any on time," after fishing for his wallet, he pulled out what he needed to pay for everything, "I don't have a plan besides keeping Hana happy long enough she doesn't just leave after she blows."

Kuronue nodded. "Be careful though, Kurama. Hana might take all of this the wrong way. But I don't know her, all I can do is caution you to be careful."

"I will be," Kurama gave him a reassuring smile, "Arigato, Kuro, you've helped a lot."

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 12:52 am

"So you're Hana? It's nice to meet you," Yukina smiled brightly as she sipped the tea she had made. There were snacks on the coffee table, just simple sushi rolls, and she reached out to grab one.

Hana smiled warmly at Yukina. She was so sweet and calm. She could see that she too had a long rope of patience and probably rarely got angry. She took a sushi roll and dipped it into the small dish of soy sauce. "It's nice to meet you as well, Yukina." She said politely. "I'm guessing that they dragged you out of your home as well?" She was mostly teasing. She doubted that the ice maiden could be dragged anywhere without the ice master's consent.

"Hai, but I understand that it's a lot safer here where everybody else is," Yukina smiled, "The village here is a lot closer, anyway, if I need ingredients that aren't in the garden. It was rather isolated back at the Temple."

"You were a Sanctuary type of temple then?" Hana asked curiously. "Usually those are the type of temples that would be away from the public unless there was a festival or even trouble. Our temple was one of prayer so...we were close to the town."

"Genkai-san enjoyed her solitude, didn't like being bothered," Yukina nodded, "It was a Sanctuary of sorts, but then of course when she met Yusuke it became a training grounds." She smiled, "She left it to him and his immediate friends in her Will, so we'll always have a home to go back to."

"My dad used to talk about Genkai a lot. He had a lot of respect for her." Hana nodded as she took a sip of her tea and another bite of her sushi. "He debated about having her train us, but after the new spirit detective was appointed, he didn't want to bother her with more students. It wouldn't be fair to overwhelm her like that."

"That makes a lot of sense. Yusuke is her protege, and she devoted a lot of her time to him," the ice maiden smiled, "She was grateful when I came around, because I took up a lot of the cooking and cleaning. So I don't mind at all cooking for everyone in Eri's place. She and I discussed that earlier. I really like her, and I hope we become good friends."

Hana smiled warmly at the ice maiden when she saw from the corner of her eyes a transparent shadow. A whisp of light blue that was so like Yukina's, she had to blink to see if it was just a trick of the light. Her eyes glanced up and she could see a woman standing behind her daughter, smiling wistfully as she placed one of her hands on her shoulder and the other stroking her hair. Her blue eyes looked so sad, but her smile told Hana that she was at peace somewhat with herself. "Yeah." She agreed as she smiled at the woman and turned her attention back to Yukina. "I think you'll make a lot of friends here. You're too likable not to."

Yukina blushed, "Oh, arigato, Hana, that's sweet of you. You're likable, too," she grinned, but then it faded, "Are you alright? You look pale."

"Uh...yes. Yes I'm fine." Hana said quickly, trying to keep Yukina from worrying.

Hina looked up at Hana at Yukina's mention of her being pale and she blinked. "You can see me?" Hana gave a barest of nods and Hina's eyes watered. "You can hear me too." Hana gripped the cup but smiled anyway. Hina bowed her head as she stroked Yukina's cheek. "There's so much I want to say....for you to tell them." She looked at Hana and said softly. "Will you tell her that she's pregnant? Let her know how proud I am of the woman she's become? Of the mate she's chosen to help raise her children?"

Yukina was simply smiling as she ate her sushi rolls. She felt so content and happy, and she had no idea the one-sided conversation that was going on, "More tea?" she asked.

"Uh...thank you. Um..." Hana stuttered a little. She was just starting to befriend with woman. Yet Hina was crying in happiness, so proud to see her daughter grow. She could feel that her death was a tragic one. Suicide...since the energy spoke of grief and sadness as well. "...Yukina do you believe...in ghosts or the afterlife by chance?"

"Hmm? Why yes, of course I do. I also know you can see spirits," Yukina nodded, then poured them fresh cups, "Why do you ask?"

"There's a woman standing behind you with the same colored hair as you, but her eyes are more ice blue than your red ones. She said that she's your mother. Hina..." Hana said slowly as Hina nodded in response. "She died from suicide right?"

Yukina's gasped and her eyes watered, "Hai...that's right, when I was really young. She couldn't take it anymore. I was also cast out after that...and then promptly kidnapped for my tears. How do you know about her, though?"

"....I can communicate with them as well as I can see them." Hana said softly, looking down at her teacup. "I'm the one that they come to when they have messages to pass on to loved ones."

"I...gathered that you could see them, by the fact you just told me there's a woman who looks like me behind me. I meant...how did you know she committed suicide?" Yukina clarified.

Hana's eyes saddened and she placed the cup down. "I've...been around the dead for a long time. Those who've committed suicide have the same energy. Intense grief...insane anger...horrid depression. It rings through like a vibration and it's so thick that even a person who isn't like me...can sense it. That's how my friend, Takara, got so badly hurt."

"Another story for another time," Yukina said gently, "I sort of feel a presence, but I don't. Because I am an ice maiden, I don't feel cold drafts. So..." she set her cup on the table, "What's my mother's message for me?"

Hana glanced up at Hina who nodded encouragingly. "She wanted me to tell you that you've grown up so well and she's so proud of you. She's proud of the mate that you chose. She wanted me to tell you she's happy that you're pregnant."

"She likes Touya?" Yukina swelled with happiness, and then she placed her hands on her stomach, "I'm pregnant?" she blushed darkly, remembering mating with Touya. Standing, she bowed at Hana, "This is wonderful news, arigato! I have to go tell him!" she ran off, a wide grin on her face.

Hana grinned shyly and she looked at Hina who looked so happy that her daughter was happy as well. She turned towards Hina and bowed, grateful to her. "Will you also tell my son that I'm proud of him, and that I wish him luck in perusing his own mate? She's such a sweet girl."

Hana nodded, "I will." She said softly and watched as the ghost disappeared. Whether she entered heaven or hell, she didn't know. She just hoped that the Ferry Girl assigned to her would direct her true. She would have to burn a candle in honor.

~*~

Hiei didn't know how to feel about this. Yukina was pregnant and their mother had told her about it, which she had learned from Hanako. He was stalking around the mansion, looking for her, and he he was fluctuating in emotions. He didn't like it. He needed to talk to her now.

Hana had entrusted Masanori and Kuroi with Kai. They were currently outside playing a game that Kuroi remembered from her childhood that she wanted to teach Kai. She was sitting on the window sill, sketching the woman that she saw so that she could color her in with pastels later. She heard a loud knock at her door and her head immediately jerked up. "Come in?" She called, watching the door.

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 9:36 pm

Hiei came in, looking none-too-pleased and he closed the door, leaning against it with his arms folded, "Is there something you want to tell me, Hana?"

Hana blinked a few times. One...two...and then understanding etched across her face and she looked at the sketch before her that she was working on. "..." She placed the sketch down to her side and took a breath. "I do have a message from your mom...if you want to listen...to hear it."

"Let me get this straight, before you spout whatever it is Hina told you," Hiei's jaw ticked as he clenched his teeth, "Your biggest thing besides Seeing the Future, is you see Spirits, and they don't rest until they give you messages to tell their loved ones or you help them find their way?"

Hana watched Hiei and she smiled sadly at him. "I don't envy the person who can see the future. That's a burden that I don't think I can handle. I would drive myself crazy if I had that gift, that ability." She shook her head. "But you are correct in the last bit. I do see spirits and I do pass messages on. But...the resting part is...circumstantial."

"Before you tell me Hina's message, has she moved on for good? She won't be coming around again?" Hiei demanded. So Hana thought seeing the Future was a burden. He wondered how Kokoro saw it that way.

"She did." Hana nodded. "I don't know what direction she went though. That's determined by the Gate of Judgement." She bit her lip.

"As long as she's not on the living plane anymore," Hiei grunted and moved away from the door, his hands going into his pants pockets, "Well?"

Hana took a breath and let it out slowly. "She wanted me to tell you that she was proud of the man that you've become. She wishes you happiness and luck trying to peruse your mate. She thinks that the girl you're after is a sweetheart."

Hiei grunted and moved off of the door, his hands moving to his pockets. Hina was proud of him? He wondered just what she was proud of him for. He wasn't the greatest son to be proud of at all. His mate? Who the hell was that supposed to be? Kokoro? The Princess of Hell would never take him. He wasn't worthy. Or was he? After what he just thought before that...whatever. That was contradictory, and he knew it. "It turns out that Yukina's been pregnant for at least a month, if not a little longer. She's due late October."

Hana blinked and then smiled. "Sounds like you'll have to get used to the idea of being an uncle." She teased lightly.

Hiei shrugged, "It hasn't been very long since I started learning how to be a brother, so I think I'll deal with it." He turned around and reached for the door, "I learned the hard way that keeping your distance means trouble. If it wasn't for Yusuke, Yukina might still be locked up." He left her to her thoughts, and decided the next best person to find would be Kokoro.

~*~

Kokoro browsed along the long rows of the Fundir library. It wasn't as massive as her father's, but the books spoke of age. There were some collected and passed down from Fundir to Fundir. There were many new books as well. She found it kind of interesting that both worlds that were so much alike had not only a different culture, but different kind of stories to tell. A different perspective. She had a nagging feeling in the back of her head that she should listen to Kurama's advice and look for the book that Cara had written a long time ago. At the same time, she wasn't in any hurry. She didn't want to escalate things just yet.

"Aren't you in the wrong place? You know whatever you're looking for isn't here. Unless you don't /want/ to find it," Hiei's voice came from the other end of the isle of books, and he rounded the corner, looking at her with an arched brow.

"So I can't just find a random book to read?" Kokoro asked as she looked over at Hiei, a smile lighting up on her face. "Did you run off to talk to Hana? Congratulations by the way. Being an uncle is going to be so much fun!"

Hiei glared at her, "Until I start acting excited, don't act excited for me." He walked over to her, "Do all demons go to Hell?"

Kokoro blinked at the question and she paused, shifting her weight from one leg to another as she thought about it. "Majority of them." She said slowly. "It's rare, but...sometimes there's demons who go up to Heaven. Demons that managed to remain pure."

"Suicide is anything but a pure way to go," Hiei shook his head, "Did you hear /how/ Yukina found out she was pregnant? Hina, my mother, told Hanako, and Hina also had a message for me. So do you think she'll be sent to Hell? Would she be taken care of there?"

"Seriously?" Kokoro blinked. "I thought that she was a Future Seer like myself. Are we really dragging along someone whose only ability is to see spirits? I'm not sure what help that is." She paused and then frowned a little. "How strange...usually demons don't hold a ghost form anyway. I wonder...ah oh sorry your question!" She hastily shook head of her thoughts. "She might be...but suicide is not a way to determine if she goes to hell or not. It all depends on how resolved she is and if she's ever forgiven herself for the violence she's inflicted upon herself. That being said, if she does go to Hell...she will be happy."

"I hope she goes to Hell, then, because Persephone seems like her type of person she'd like," Hiei shrugged, "Not sure if Heaven's full a bunch of snobs that she'd enjoy being there. The only thing is that she'd probably have to live near the water, because she's Ice and Hell was pretty stifling. Yukina's gotten close to having a heat stroke while living at the Temple during the summer."

Kokoro tossed her head back and laughed warmly. "Well. As long as you think that way, I'm sure you might see her there." She giggled. "You don't have to worry about the ice users down in Hell. They can handle that heat better than you and Yukina put together. To them, that heat wave you felt is nothing but a nice, cool breeze."

"I'll take your word for it," Hiei shook his head, "So...what do you think about Hana's powers? If not Sight, what else does she have?"

"I have no idea..." Kokoro frowned. "My dad called them the Guardian Siblings. I don't know how...or why they have that name. What I do know is that Masanori was never fed upon when Ryoko needed to eat. It was always Hana."

"I guess we'll have to observe them and figure it out ourselves, or have Kuroi and Kurama find out for us," Hiei smirked a little, "They do seem to be the mates for the Guardian Twins."

"I could see Hana and Kurama getting together. He's sickly sweet with her son. It's almost a bit creepy if you ask me since he's bribing her to stay should she actually fall through and blow up at Ryo." Kokoro mused. "Kuroi and Masanori? Kuroi doesn't really...I mean...how the fuck is that going to work? She blushes like a virgin and heaven forbid if she read a romance novel without looking like she swallowed three lemons."

"That's not really her fault though, is it?" Hiei gritted his teeth, eyes gaining a haunted look, before he blinked rapidly and shook his head, "I...don't know where that came from?" he did look confused, brows furrowed, "Masanori isn't much better in the shyness department I've noticed. She smiles about something and he just can't help but smile back, and when she gets excited about something, he looks at her like she's the most interesting person in the world."

"Ah let them be cute." Kokoro was still looking at him with a little shocked expression as her mind went through what that could possibly be about. For some reason, her otherself was quiet. "It's good to see that kind of chemistry unlike Yuuske's and Ryoko's. I'm ninety-nine percent sure they're going to bang soon."

"It sure will be a shock if they don't. She's going to have to feed again by at least tomorrow," the red-eyed demon watched Kokoro, "If you weren't looking for what you were talking to Kurama about, then would you like help looking for something? I am a lot faster," he smirked just a little.

"Does that mean you'll help me get a good look at you?" Kokoro purred teasingly as she eyed him up and down.

"No, but I will help you find a /book/ that can give you temporary satisfaction, anyway," Hiei rolled his eyes, uncrossing his arms and putting them on his hips.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:15 pm

"Damn." Kokoro snapped her fingers, but grinned. "Do you read? Any recommendations?"

"I don't read romance, but I do enjoy murder mystery," Hiei chuckled, "Not to mention books set in Feudal Japan. I know of a series that's both. First two books are a bit slow but they get better. I can see if this old library has any."

"You're a lifesaver." Kokoro beamed. "Murder mystery sounds fun. I was getting bored of the romance novels anyway."

"I'm sure. These have the /occasional/ sex scene but it's nothing too distracting from the story," Hiei flitted away to search for them, and came back with three after a few minutes, "Damn, they have the complete collection. This is a good start, though. I don't know how fast you read."

"I'm decent." Kokoro smiled as she took the books from his hands. "You really are fast." She paused and then she looked at Hiei. "You know...this is one of the few times a man's expressed interest that doesn't have anything to do with sex." She grinned. "And you haven't threatened to unsheathe your sword too. I wonder if I'm getting somewhere with you."

"That's for me to know you you to ponder about, but I can't be going around hurting those who are important to Hell, especially when we have a common enemy that needs to be taken care of," Hiei reasoned, "I'm still not sure how to handle Yukina being pregnant either. My mind's going a million different places."

"Well...look at this way, we now have three pregnant woman and a girl with a kid whose practically a child herself." Kokoro reasoned. "If Yukina needs anything at all, she has three people to talk to. Though Hana's useless in the pregnancy department, Naia isn't."

"That's true. I'm big brother, though, so naturally, I'm going to worry," Hiei turned around, "I'll leave you to your books now, and go find something else to do." With that, he flitted away.

~*~
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Yusuke watched Hiei flitter away and everyone else crowd around Yukina to give their heartfelt congratulations. He was really happy for her and he knew that Hiei would calm down and be happy too. It was just a rapid change. He looked over at Masanori who was carrying Kai on his hip, grinning as the fox was making a wild gesture. Kuroi was busy trying to get in her two-cents with Yukina.

Seeing this as a good opportunity, he walked over cautiously. Masanori glanced over and gently put Kai down. The little fox ran off, slipping between people's legs in order to get to Yukina and talk. He was pretty sure he could see the fox beg Kuroi to pick him up, and the bat demoness hesitate since she didn't know if Masanori nor Hana would allow it before picking him up and holding him close yet a little distant in case she was told to drop him immediately.

"Hey." Yusuke waved to him and stood awkwardly.

Masanori smiled a little. "Hello." He greeted and he looked at the crowd. "Happy news don't you think?"

"I don't know how Hiei would feel about it since it was his dead mother that gave the message. I knew that she could see spirits but..."

"She can communicate with them as well." Masanori nodded. "They can alert her to things that are happening before they happen. A lot of people thought that she could see the future because of it. It's a rumor we don't try to dispell in any case."

Yusuke was a little taken aback. He hadn't expected Masanori to be a talkative person. Sure, he spoke a lot in the temple, but now that he was in an unfamiliar place, he had expected both of them to shut up and stay down. "How did you manage to handle it when Hana came home with Kai?"

"I was scared." Masanori sighed as he watched Kai touch Kuroi's wings, marveling at the feel of them and giggling when Kuroi tickled his side in turn. She didn't look so scared to hold him now. "A pure demon child and a human mother. People would talk. Not just talk...they would probably attack too. But...I understood where she was coming from. Didn't end my fears though, especially since she was sick."

"What do you mean?"

"The Twisty Forest doesn't separate a child from their parents unless something was wrong. Kai's side was torn out and he was just a baby. Hana found him bleeding, near death. She had to make a choice and she chose to save a life and nurture him if his parents couldn't be found. She tried...but she didn't find much out. She didn't really know where to look either." Masanori sighed. "But she was scared too. Scared that...Kai would one day call her a liar and would leave her much like Ryoko did."

Ryoko. Yusuke looked at Masanori. His grey eyes were sad, like a cloudy day. His lips were curved downwards and his fists were tight against his sides. "What...exactly happened?" He asked carefully, wondering how this story would turn out.

"...I wasn't there for most of it since I was at Hiroshi's place. What I know is that it was a huge fight. Big. Hana tried to be mediator and...Ryoko said some things that insulted Hana and said some things that insulted their dad. She accused them of never being family...of never wanting her or loving her. That she was just an inconvenience. She said that she didn't want to talk or see them ever again and ran out. Hana...Hana tried to find her. Tried to chase after her. Spent a year and a half looking for her before she found Kai." Masanori shook his head. "Hana pushed herself so hard that she made herself sick...really sick. She was in the hospital for a good while."

"You were scared that keeping Kai would aggravate her." Yusuke realized. "That's why you said that you were scared that she had been sick before."

Masanori nodded and he looked at Yusuke. "I'm scared now. Now that I know that demons have a spiritual form too and Hana can see them, their violent deaths and their lives will make her sicker. I'm scared that the stress of having Ryoko around her will hurt her too. But...Hana knows that this is the best place for Kai. She won't leave."

Yusuke pursed his lips together. "What about you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You were cheerful that she was home, but...are you?" Yusuke pressed.

"I'm happy that she's home, but...I'm sad. I understand my sister's perspective on this. I don't want to think about it." He looked at Yusuke. "You're a little interested about this situation."

"I want to know the best way to support Ryo. The only way I can do that is knowing how severe this runs." Yusuke knew now that the "bomb" he told Ryo to prepare for wasn't really a bomb. It wasn't going to be a minor explosion. If nothing broke, if everyone got out of this unscratched, it'd be a miracle. Right now though, all it sounded like was that Hana would destroy Ryoko if she had a chance. And her revenge would be one best served cold. "I think I fucked up."

"I think you're doing the best that you can." Masanori sighed. "I think that you can't be called a liar, you're still scratching the surface and Ryoko's not going to talk about it. Not really. I'm surprised that she told Kai about the drama between her and his mother."

Yusuke watched as Kuroi passed the kit to Ryoko who was downright terrified of holding him. The vampire looked over at Masanori and he watched as Masanori nodded his consent. She picked him up and held him, but was clearly disturbed and unsure on how to handle him. Kuroi looked more natural with a child than she did.

"My sister will never hurt Kai." Masanori said softly, causing Yusuke to look at him. "Ryoko, I mean."

"I never thought she would."

"Hana would." Masanori's smile curled a little sadly. "Since I told you all of this, let me tell you something about Ryo." Yusuke perked up, looking at Masanori. "Ryoko will never be secure enough to know that she's wanted. She's going to want constant assurance and sometimes that assurance she wants is physical. She doesn't know any other way. She's part vampire and part angel. Her mother is the embodiment of lust and dominance. While she does try not to be her parents...she does have that."

"Is this a warning or an invite?"

"It's both. Keep her distracted and maybe this bomb won't explode." Masanori said simply. "Though if this bomb does explode...I can promise you two things: Hana will decide to either stay or she'll leave and if she decides to stay she will not ever talk to Ryoko again."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 10:06 pm

()

Hana woke up with a jolt, cold sweat lingered on her skin and her mouth felt dry and swollen. She was a little taken aback by the gentle glow of lights that littered around her room. She looked over to see that there were at least two of them. One was by the door with a teddy bear cover, and the other one was of a rose that was near her dresser and on her side of the bed. When did they get here? She pursed her lips together. She didn't tell anyone about her fear..so how could they have known? Was it because of Kai? Children were usually scared of the dark, even more scared when they were in a place unfamiliar to them.

She looked towards Kai who was cuddling with his stuffed-cheetah. He loved cats, but hated wolves. He never had a problem with the dark, but she already knew his biggest fear wasn't something that could be cured with nightlights. She reached out and stroked his fur, watching him curl in a little more. The draft in the air brought goosebumps on her skin and she swallowed with great difficulty. The images were still playing forth in her mind, as if they were taunting her.

She knew it would be dangerous, she knew that taking her flashlight would alert more trouble than it was worth, but she didn't want to stay in a room that was filled with fear. She carefully got out of the bed and tucked the covers around Kai so he wouldn't be cold. She hesitated..and then resolved to leave. She needed a drink and she needed a way to get these dreams from her head.

She walked out into the hallway, taking deep and slow painful breaths. If she had been younger and if they had been on good terms, she would have ran so fast into Ryoko's room and woke her up. She would have begged Ryoko to "Chase away the shadows" with her own. Ryoko would laugh, or sigh in exasperation...and get up. However, they were adults now and Hana couldn't depend on her sister anymore. She closed the door quickly, and then she saw a glimpse of green from her peripheral vision.

Lined up on the wall was a yellowish-green glow that was on the walls. There were roses and stars and moons, all of them decorative and randomly placed. She smiled, seeing how it lead themselves from the room all the way down the stars. She wondered if this was Kurama's doing. He was the one that gave Kai a white rose for him to take care of...which was currently against the window sill and in a pretty crystal vase Naia was kind enough to lend them.

She got down to the first floor and took a deep breath. But the living room had a soft glow to it as well. Not as strong as the one in her room, but it did push the shadows towards the front door. It was a nightlight of a rose again. She had to smile and she saw that there was a glow from the kitchen as well. She had to admit, if it wasn't Kurama who did this, they were so sweet.

"Do you like them?" Kurama asked, looking up when Hana walked in. He had a bottle of sake in his hand as he sat on the bar stool against the island counter, the cup abandoned to the side, "I thought they'd be a nice surprise. I was going to ask what you thought in the morning, but...it seems you have nightmares. Not uncommon if one's afraid of shadows."

Hana's cheeks reddened a little but she nodded her head. "Thank you." She said warmly with a smile. "I had a feeling it was you since there's a lot of roses. It was kind of you to do it for Kai."

"Yeah, figured it out earlier when you hid your personal nightlight in your suitcase," Kurama smiled, and took a swig of his sake, "Would you like a cup? I can just use that," he motioned to it. He was in no way drunk, or even tipsy, but the burn was welcoming.

"Sure." Hana shrugged as she walked over to the island counter and took a bar stool that was across from him. "I could use it." She smiled a little at him. "You went out of your way with the nightlights and the stickers. I really do like them." She assured him. "But let's keep it between us...we can just say it's for Kai if someone asks."

"I was planning on it," Kurama smiled, "The four nightlights besides your own...they were mine when I was little. Of course, I was never afraid of the dark, but it kept my little toddler body from running into things before I came into my demon senses," he chuckled lightly and poured her a drink full, then took another swig.

"Understandable." Hana took the cup and sipped on it. The sake burned against her tongue and throat and she found that it was a floral. "Cherry Blossom Sake?" She questioned as she set the cup down. "You're a plant demon through and through aren't you?" She teased him.

"Hah, you could say I am. Naia said I could have it, so I'm taking her up on the offer. This is...mm...night two," he shrugged, "If not get me drunk, alcohol can help me sleep. Sometimes. I'm hoping, anyway. While I wait, though...do you want to talk about your nightmare?"

"If I tell you my nightmare, will you tell me why you're having trouble sleeping?" Hana asked as she took a sip of her sake.

"I think it'll make it easier if I told you first..." Kurama took a deep breath, "Well...this is where I thought Kuronue died. Not.../here/ exactly, more like in the forest just passed their front yard. We were after the Golden Mirror of Desire," he snorted and shook his head, "What a load of bullshit that was..." he took two swallows out of the bottle, "Pierced every which way by a bamboo trap, blood spewing everywhere, telling me to run away, to save myself. So I do, and I believe he's dead,"  he gripped the bottle, but his eyes had long since turned gold, voice gotten deeper, "Nira, the woman I was with in that life...everyone knew she was my woman but we'd never mated. I was angry, hurt...I used her, went through all the stages of grief in one night, didn't even let her mark me even though I bit her all over. Then became dead to the world. Two months later, she asks me to go on a raid with her. I do...." he took a shaky breath, "I got too excited, my whip..." he stared down the neck of the bottle, "You know demons can...mostly survive a shot to the heart, right? If it's small, or just a graze, sure, no problem. Not when it gets ripped to shreds by thorns, along with her lungs."

Hana's face paled. A death of a friend she was familiar with, or at least very close to death. Being the cause of death or being the source of the problem she was familiar with too. But never, not even for pretend, would she understand the pain and the suffering one would have to go through to see a friend die and a loved one die all in the same year, being both of their cuases. "Oh..." She said softly, looking down in her cup. "...Bad memories is a complete understatement then. But..." She looked at him. "You have a mom in the human world.

"Shuuichi's mother is there, not here. He felt better after seeing her, but of course, /he/ doesn't mind this place. I do, which seeps to him," Youko glanced at her, golden eyes a stark contrast with red hair, "He doesn't like talking about it, it makes him sick enough to puke. Of course, I'm three thousand years old, I've seen a lot more. You asked why I hate this place. Nira's death wasn't the only thing that occurred that day, either. Kuro told me he almost found me, because he came across Nira's body. He brought her here to have a proper burial, and Naia told him..." Youko swallowed thickly, trying to take another drink but his hand shook so he just slammed it back on the counter, "Nira was fucking pregnant, which is why she took me on a raid. She wanted me to be happy, so I would take the news better than being emotionless."

Hana's eyes closed. She could feel his sadness, his grief, his anger pouring out like a waterfall. He was guilty and sad. This place was a burial of not one person, but of two. She opened her eyes again. But that explained a lot. The corpse that was buried here, would indeed be a guide post for ghosts. A message that it was a safe place. Granted not all cemeteries were safe. There were "signposts" there but...it wasn't like the living listened in any case. So she would have to expect more than just one ghost making their way through. But...what was she supposed to say to someone who felt so guilty about their deaths? She didn't even know if Nira would be around. "I wish I knew what I could do to help ease you and give you comfort." She said after a moment, looking at her cup sadly. "But I don't know what I can do..or say...that you haven't heard over a thousand times already."

"Just that you understand is enough," Youko muttered, closing his eyes and Kurama groaned, holding his head as he came back to the forefront. He pushed away the sake bottle and leaned back, eyes green again and he was blinking teary eyes rapidly, "Ahem...um...s-sorry, about that, Hana. Forgive me. What...was your nightmare?" he asked hesitantly.

Hana felt her heart ache for the man that was sitting across from her. She hated the sad look in his eyes, how his tears made his green eyes look so dark, like a forest that didn't get a lot of sunlight. He was wilting in his chair. She pursed her lips together and she started quietly. "You know that saying "stare into the abyss long enough, it starts to stare back"?"

"I've heard it," Kurama nodded, licking his lips before sucking the bottom one into his mouth a little.

Hana pursed her lips together, unsure of how she was supposed to talk about this. "....Takara and Hiroshi used to think that my ability to see the dead was like an adventure when we were younger. They'd ask me all sorts of draining questions..and Takara came up with the idea of having us be "investigators". Anyone that was having a ghost problem could come to us and we'd fix it. I...agreed. I went along with it. I mean, they were my only friends thus far. Masanori didn't like the idea...and Ryoko wasn't sure of how to take that."

"A spirit hurt her?" Kurama guessed, "Or did a spirit get to her head somehow?" He capped the sake and got up to go put it away.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 11:46 pm

"I would say both." Hana said quietly as she took a drink of the sake, her cup half-way empty. "We were investigating a broken grave and I was having some problems trying to get them to talk. Then Takara grew weird. At first I thought that the atmosphere was getting to her and she was getting jumpy but...after a while...she started walking. We followed after her, calling her name...she walked right into traffic and got hit. She was in critical condition for...a week and in ICU for a month."

"That...would do it," Kurama shuddered, "Possession...that's awful. I don't know what to say, besides I'm glad she's okay now." He sat back down, and then reached out to touch her hand, feeling the area get really warm all of a sudden, but he didn't have to jerk away, "Strawberry. That's the name of Kai's real mom. She taught Kuronue and I how to be theives, raised us for a few years, and then when I was still a kit, there was a fight...and she disappeared. Kuro and I thought she was dead."

Hana swallowed. "I knew you recognized Kai. I knew that both of you did." She bowed her head a little. "But I didn't realize that it was because of his mother's energy. I thought that you knew him directly."

"No...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make this difficult for you. I'm sure he loves you very much. I just wanted you to know why I was so spooked. It's been....a very, very long time. I didn't even know her demon type would survive thousands of years," Kurama shook his head.

Hana smiled a little, "No it's understandable. I'd be spooked too if a friend of mine had a son or daughter that I didn't know of. Let alone that they were still alive after all this time." She took another swallow of the sake, finishing off the glass and letting the alcohol burn her throat. "I never thought that my brother and I would be pursued by angels and demons. Then again...my brother would tell me that it was to be expected."

"I know. Here, I'll wash that off and put it away," he took her glass and stood back up, going to the sink and once it was clean, he placed it in the cupboard where he got it, "Would you like me to walk you back to your room?"

Hana's eyes softened as she watched him and at the question that he asked her. "Sure." She said gently. "I'm kind of glad that you were up. It was nice...having company. Thank you."

"Not a problem. I hope the lights help chase away the evil shadows," he turned off the kitchen light and took Hana's arm, leading her up the stairs and followed the stars to her room, "I'll see you in the morning? Hopefully we can both get some sleep."

Her cheeks painted themselves pink at the gentlemanly way he was holding her arm and walking her up the stairs. "You will. Kai's my faithful alarm clock. He hasn't let me sleep in yet." She giggled.

Kurama laughed softly, "I see, I see. Well, goodnight then, Hana. I don't know what the next days will bring, but we'll get through each of them the best we can. Are you with me?"

"Hai." Hana agreed as they stopped at her door. She lingered for a moment, and then quietly opened the door and walked into her room. She thought about Kurama's grief and her own troubles. She looked over at her little boy, sleeping soundly in his bed. She gently closed the door and walked over to where he was sleeping. She reached down and petted his fur. "I love you." She murmured quietly to the kit, "So, so much."

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 11:55 pm

After knocking and being called in, Ryoko stepped into Yusuke's room. The area shined with just sunlight, and she saw Yusuke's bare, muscular back as he slipped on a yellow tank top that had a couple rips and tears, "Going to train today?"

"Yeah. Hiei wanted to spar and then I might take Kurama on if he wants to. I thought about challenging Masa but..." He shrugged. While he wanted to see what kind of guy he was underneath the protective brother facade, at the same time...he had a feeling that the brother was going to train against his sister. Bad habit, but...it'd give everyone an idea of what they could do probably. Unless they were focusing on Kai, which seemed to be their ace in the hole.

"I...um..." Ryo shifted on her feet, "I had a sort of...appetizer from Kuroi, so I'm not awfully hungry, but I'm not...satisfied, you know? I was...wondering...if you'd like to try again? Let me feed on you, I mean, without me being all bloodthirsty and stuff."

Yusuke blinked and then nodded. "From my wrist or neck?" He asked curiously. "I don't remember where you bit last time. I think it was my neck, but hell if I know."

"Your neck, but my saliva has healing properties, so it's not there anymore," Ryo smiled, "I, um...I think it would be easier...if I drank from your neck. Is that okay?" she blushed and bit her lip. It'd be closer, more intimate that way, and she wanted to be close to him like that.

"Sure." Yusuke said with a shrug and watched as she slowly advanced. Man she was sexy as fuck and the way her breasts were up against his chest felt amazing. He could feel her hot breath and then the sharp pain of teeth deepening into his neck.

This time, Ryo could really savor the taste of his blood, and fuck...it was amazing. Kuroi's blood tended to crackle against her tongue like a soda drink because of the magic. Yusuke's...it was like drinking steak juice. Savory, a bit salty, and she could feel his strength infuse her. The way his hands stroked her back and traced the curve of her hips had her moving her hands from around his neck to slide slowly, sensually over his shoulders, across his biceps which she squeezed, his tough muscles jumping at her touch, and then her hands moved to slip around his back. Her tongue started rubbing the skin below the bite, causing the blood to gush and she moaned just a little.

Yusuke ran his hands down her waist and wrapped his arms around them so that his hands could slide down the curve of her spine and down to her ass, pressing her closer towards him. He was hard as a goddamn rock and he was dizzy from how fast he had gotten aroused with. He groaned softly as her hands wandered his body, giving off goosebumps where she touched. His head was clouded with need and damn, damn, damn, it was so hard not to pull her off of him to kiss her senseless.

His groan was music to her ears and she whimpered a little in reply. Last time, the worry had tainted the blood, made it darker and more pungent. The taste of his desire made it sweeter, and her hands gripped his back, scratching him through his shirt. While she pushed her chest up and into his, she arched her ass into his hands, feeling him tighten his grip and she shuddered. She was full, though, and started licking the wound. Once it was covered with saliva she moved her lips up his neck so suck and tease, head cloudy with need and her body burning. Even after feeding on Hana, or feeding on Kuroi, she'd never take a whole lot and her body would still feel chilled. No...no, with Yusuke, she noticed she felt warm to the touch like anyone else would. She felt /normal/ instead of like a freak. Honestly, Ryo was glad it wasn't a fluke just because she'd gorged herself.

His hands slid back up her waist, playing with the hem of her shirt and teasing the skin there as she sucked on her neck. He managed to get her off of him so that he could do the same, nipping and trailing his tongue to where her pulse should be and sucked and bit there, listening to her whimpers as she pulled him closer, nails digging a little harder into his skin. God this was good. This was really good.

"Yusuke..." Ryo moaned and tilted her head more to give him access. Without his hands on her ass she tilted her hips inward and rolled her body against his. Her kissing and sucking moved up along his jaw and then she nibbled at his earlobe, flicking her tongue over the shell of it and breathing hotly.

Yusuke brought his lips from her neck all the way up to her lips and kissed her hungrily. There was no need to ask for permission, she gave it to him readily enough. Her mouth tasted like a cool, refreshing drink with just a hint of iron from the blood she just drank. His grip was a little more aggressive and he started pushing her towards where he thought the bed was.

The kiss made her head spin and she returned it hungrily, her tongue battling with his. It wasn't until he pushed her down onto the bed, however, that she blinked rapidly and her senses came rushing back to her, causing her to gasp. She watched him move to climb over her, trying to kiss her again, but she pushed at his shoulders, "Ah...stop..." she panted, dizzy but aware. What was she doing?

Yusuke stopped short, stilling himself. He knew better than to keep going when someone wasn't in the mood. "What's wrong?" His voice was a little husky and raspy.

"I'm...I'm sorry," she bit her lip, her fangs poking her skin since they hadn't retracted yet, "This isn't...I've heard about it...how vampires have a passive power or have some sort of venom that's injected during the bite that makes everything sexual for the opposite sex." Ryo averted her eyes and shifted to get out from underneath him and stood quickly, wringing her hands like she had been when she first asked to drink from him, "I don't...I don't want to do anything...unless /you/ actually want me, instead of being under the influence because I bit you. I'm sorry...I'll...I'll just go now," she turned and ran out, long hair swishing behind her.

'What the actual fuck?' Yusuke thought, watching the door close and his dick throbbing painfully in his pants, 'Goddamn it.'

~*~

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:29 am

The day was nice, and Kurama watched as Hiei and Kokoro had at it in the courtyard, her sword skills just as good as his own. The redhead was under the shade of the tree, leaning against the back of the house when he felt the distressed energy of their leader, and looked over to see Yusuke rubbing the back of his neck, kicking at the ground in frustration, "Is there something you need to tell me, Yusuke?"

"Not...need." Yusuke groaned. "Just...trying to figure out why the girl population seems to rely on making guys head spin."

"Oh? Difficulties with Ryo?" Kurama noted the very light, barely visible hickey that had nothing to do with where Ryo bit him, "What happened?"

"She needed to feed so I gave her what I got of my blood. We got a little heated...and she freaked out." Yusuke summarized. When Kurama gave him an arched eyebrow-look that clearly said "uh-huh" he went into more detail.

Kurama nodded slowly, his hand on his chin as he thought, "Well...I think this means you should basically stop beating around the bush, and actually court and flirt with her. She did grow up in our world, Yusuke. She understands what 'dating' is. You've known each other for three days? Something like that, and you are the type of guy who usually knows what he wants. Make that known to her. The less you go around in circles and the more you're straight with her, the less she will be confused. Ryo seems like an easy woman to please."

Yusuke nodded his head. "Seems simple enough. And here I thought I did something to insult her. If it's just that, then I really don't have to worry much." He paused. "Probably shouldn't spring this up on her suddenly though and let her cool off before I do anything. If I come up to her now, she'll probably take it as another thing entirely."

"You'd be right," Kurama smiled and looked back as there was a harsh slide of metal against metal, "Hiei looks like he's having fun, don't you think? Kokoro insisted on sword fighting instead of just hand to hand."

"He's not sparring against Kuwabara and up with someone that knows what a blade looks like." Yusuke answered as he looked over to see Kokoro block Hiei's attack and to parry with her own. "Got to admit, it's nice seeing a smile on his face. She's good for him."

"This smile is a lot better than his usual 'I'm going to kill you' smirk," Kurama laughed a bit, "Hiei'd never ask any woman to court him, let alone her, so it's going to be more of a... silent agreement type of deal. Not to mention Hiei doesn't really.../know/ what he wants or what he expects out of her, yet. Get back to me in a week or so, when they've had more time to adjust," he rolled his eyes.

"But what about you and Hana?" Yusuke asked slyly. "You don't think I didn't notice those stickies on the walls or the nightlights scattered around the house did you? At least in the living room and kitchen."

"Well..." Kurama's cheeks turned pink, "I put them up for Kai. I want them both to be comfortable here. Kai is Hana's anchor, and if Kai likes me, then Hana's more likely to talk and listen to me, too. Have you had a chance to talk to her since we got her?"

"Not necessarily." Yusuke said slowly, but was still smiling a little. "What makes you think that you gotta be sweet on Kai in order for Hana to listen to you? I don't think she's the type of woman that'll take a bribe. I mean...if what you say is true about Ryoko and she wants me to be straightforward, then by that logic she wanted her siblings to be straightforward with her and in turn she'd do the same."

"That's true...I guess I've just been focused on making sure she doesn't want to leave. I might go find her and show her around the grounds, and hope she likes the place as well," Kurama hummed and shrugged a bit.

Yusuke's eyebrow arched up and shook his head from side to side. "Something tells me that you're going to have to take your own advice sometime about being straightforward." He teased lightly, but at the same time was completely serious. "Or at least figure out what you want outta her. Friendship or otherwise."

Kurama furrowed his brows and sucked his bottom lip into his mouth, "I know you're right...it's just...I guess I'm a bit like Hiei, I want to get to know her a bit more before I consider courting her, so...one step at a time, hmm?"

~*~

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 12:04 am

The morning passed fairly quickly after that with training and once lunch was over, Kurama was happy to see Yusuke and Ryo were over the awkwardness and went off to train on their own while Hiei and Kokoro took a break at the pool with Kuroi, Tsunaia, and Kuronue. Tsunaia and Kokoro were having a water fight with their powers, which ended up getting the others wet in the process, and Kuroi was wrestling with Kuronue trying to dunk each other. The redhead hurried off before he could get roped into the chaos, and found Masanori on the patio practicing by himself with his sword, "You should try and go against Hiei sometime, I'd enjoy seeing how you fair."

Masanori smiled as he did a quick horizontal slice and a slow turn to block diagonally. His movements were precise and slow, steady as if he was concentrating more on the movement rather than the practically of it. "I probably should." He agreed as he straightened himself out of the block, returning to neutral with the sword at the ready. His right hand over the left on the hilt. "It'll be good practice for me and I'll be able to see if I'm rusty or not." He sheathed the sword after a moment of thought. "Though I have to admit that if he's anything like I saw with his spar with Kokoro, I'm sure my ass will hit the ground."

"There's no improvement without failure," Kurama grinned, "Yusuke's friend Kuwabara got his ass kicked a lot but when the two months was over he was much better. Trial and Error. Who knows, you might shock us and do better than you think," he added.

Masanori grinned as he looked at Kurama. "I agree." He nodded and he turned to face him and then looked over at the pool where he could see Kokoro try to her hardest to dunk Kuroi, but it looked more like a wrestling match. "I saw that Yusuke came up and talked to you."

"Yeah, he asked for advice on Ryo...they got a bit heated when she drank from him today and she ran off, leaving him hanging. He was just frustrated and needed a cool head to help him sort out what to do," Kurama explained, "I'm thinking he might ask her to date him tomorrow or at least sometime soon."

Masanori rolled his eyes but the smile didn't fade from his face. "Can't say I didn't expect any of it. He came to me for advice too. Well...not quite. I mainly rambled about what was happening between Ryo and Hana and what he could do to be the stabilizer for her." He shrugged.

"That works just as well, you're right," Kurama nodded, "See that's something I wouldn't have been able to give him advice on, because even I don't know much about Hana. I didn't know she didn't have the Sight, either. I've come to know a lot more about Kai than his adoptive mother."

Masanori shook his head. "Trying to get with Hana too?" He asked, teasingly. "Why is it that my sisters are the ones being perused? Why can't it be someone else's sister for a change?"

"If it makes you feel better, Kuroi is subconsciously after you," the fox laughed, "I'm sorry. I'm not trying to get into Hana's pants, unlike Yusuke. I just want to know more about her through another's eyes, because I'm sure she's the humble type and won't tell unless asked specifically."

"Got her pegged already." Masanori laughed as a light pink dusted on his cheeks. He didn't think that someone, a full demon for that matter, would be interested in a human like himself. He was fairly attractive, he knew that, but he was pretty sure that there was something else that drove demons to mate with each other. He didn't know if he had that with Kuroi or not. "Let me see....what could I tell you..."

Masanori's mind wandered to different stories...different things. However, his thoughts kept circling back to a certain thought. He debated about whether or not he should say anything, before resolving to it. "May I ask you something first?" At Kurama's curious expression, he continued. "Are you aware if you have a past life or not?"

"Ooooh, that. Vaguely," he confessed, "I know names, and it's gotten more prominent each time I come here. Sometimes when I wander the halls I see visions of the walls and items that are more vibrant and new and certainly not Youko's past, instead of dusty with age. I'm Kayden, I know, but every time I try to reach out to him he shies away. I was lucky to /get/ a name, you know what I mean?"

Masanori laughed, "I know what you mean." He confessed. "I don't know my past life's name, but I know that I had one around the same time as the Second Celestial War." His smile faded. "I'm sorry. We were going to talk about Hana, but...I guess I had a feeling that you needed to know that...for whatever reason. To know that this isn't my first dance with Azazel either. Nor Hana's."

"You must've been young, then...a child of someone, because I don't remember you. You don't even /look/ familiar in any way," Kurama frowned, "I suppose to know Hana I must know you, as you are twins, so I don't mind. Do you want to share anything of what you remember from that time?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:43 am

Masanori gestured for Kurama to come over and sit down over by the chairs so that they didn't have to keep standing. It was also a good way for him to get his head to stop spinning with thoughts as they walked the small distance. Masanori sat down, putting his sword to the side so that it'll be easier to get comfortable. He watched Kurama easily sink into his own chair, green eyes watching him with a hint of speckled hazel. So his demon self was listening to him as well. "Azazel used to be the archangel of death. I'm sure I'm sprouting off common knowledge here, but it's crucial, as you already know about Hana being able to see spirits."

"Yes, and he betrayed Lucifer after the First Celestial War," Kurama replied slowly, "Go on?"

Masanori took a breath and let it out. "Once the Second Celestrial war happened, Azazel was stripped of his status as an archangel of death. His duties and his powers were taken away from him. Well, not all of his powers. But his duties yes. He used to be the one that guided the souls to the Gate of Judgement, but King Yama had to come up with a different way when he was stripped and tossed into the Inferno."

"Which is where Botan came in, and why they wanted Hana to control that Spirit Army. But she cant, can she? She's just someone they go to for help." Kurama put his hand on his chin thoughtfully, "How do you know all this? Surely not all from memory of your past?"

"You'd be right. She can't control them. You could say...that she's a gate of sorts." Masanori smiled a little. "Lucifer screwed up this time. He put us in a house that holds someone that goes back and forth for Koenma. A Spirit Defense Force, I believe is what his squad's called. That'll be our dad anyway."

"Ah, and your father explained everything to you...before or after Ryo left?" Kurama tilted his head at Masa, "I'm sure it was after, when the cat was out of the bag so to speak."

"Well, explained everything to Hana." Masanori nodded. "As for myself...well...it was more like I was reminded." There was a long pause and he bit his lip. "...I know one day everyone's going to be awakened...and I know that there's going to be four...three people that are going to be really confused...so I'll tell you this now so that you can pass on the message should they want an explanation and I'm not there to give one...or am unable to. Hana will not be able to become aware or awaken."

"It'd break her mind, wouldn't it?" he asked softly, "I wouldn't want that to happen. I'm perfectly fine living a human life with her loving me as Kurama, not the life that we were 'supposed' to have as Kayden and whoever she was."

Masanori grinned slyly, "Love?" He asked teasingly as he leaned forward. "I thought you were interested in seeing her through a different perspective."

Kurama looked away, cheeks darkening, "I am, but I've also come to the conclusion that I do care for her. I just don't know how to get closer to her besides Kai, like...if Kai wasn't around or part of the equation, what would you suggest? I don't want to be that asshole that uses the child to get to the parent. I do like Kai, don't get me wrong, but I hope you know what I'm trying to get at." Why in the world was he a flustered mess?

Masanori's expression softened. "I understand." He gently told him. "She loves talking to people, listening to them and their stories. I'm sure you have plenty to share with her. Take her for a stroll in the garden, sit down and have tea with her. If you /really/ want to be a heartthrob, then make her dinner or take her out. If you know how to cook you're going to win hands down bar none."

The redhead laughed at that, "Alright. Not sure I'll be allowed in the kitchen, but I can try and persuade Yukina to let me in, or coax her for a midnight snack if she has a nightmare again. I've already shared a story with her...one of the more personal ones, because she was concerned about why I wasn't sleeping." Not that he had afterwards, but she nor her brother needed to know that.

"She had a nightmare again?" Masanori bit his lip and looked down at his lap. "It just keeps happening...." He sighed and he looked at Kurama. "You're sleeping okay though? After you talked to her?"

The fox gave him a reassuring smile he'd practiced a million times over, "Yes, talking with her calmed me down and helped a lot." It was half a lie, half truth, but he was the one who kept everyone's heads on straight. If they were concerned for him, then his purpose would be defeated.

"Hmm, I'm not so sure I'm the one you should ask about that, but going to Kuronue might set off the protective daddy mode," Kurama said with an amused half-smirk, "You could ask Naia instead for details I'm sure, she's more laid back. As for my own opinions...since I have only known her for a few years, she's the outgoing oblivious type. Kuronue's a bit of a dunce when it comes to romance, so that /might/ be where it comes from, but Kuro was no saint in his days. Ryo and Yusuke aren't as bad, Ryo's just never had a relationship - I assumed anyway - and Yusuke's only ever had /one/. It was a long term...as in, childhood friend promised to marry several times growing up long term." He scratched his cheek thoughtfully, "I've noticed...Kuroi gets really uptight, even acts...scared, when anything of that nature is brought up - be it romance or sex, but at least she banters with the former. As soon as the latter comes up she tries to shut down the conversation. I'm not sure if it's.../her/, or...something happened in her own past life that's keeping her blocked. As far as I know she isn't aware. Stuff like that can have a negative impact on the current life."

"Part of me wants to say be blunt..." Kurama continued after a moment of silence, "...but the other part wants you to find out what it is first that bothers her so much, and take it slow, ease her into it. A sweet gesture here and there, things that can't be interpreted any other way like - cliche, but present her with her favorite flower. I do know she loves singing, so if you happen upon her doing that then compliments would win you points," he suggested with a wink, and then shook his head, "If she truly doesn't know, by the way, then that might be a Past issue, and best asked of Naia or Kokoro, someone who knows the Fundir line and of any tragedies that might've occurred."

"I understand." Masanori said seriously. "I think taking it slow and easing her into it would be a lot easier than being blunt. I don't want to scare her off and do something stupid. I'm not in any rush to do anything. I can go her speed." He nodded a bit. "Thank you. What is her favorite flower, do you know?"

"The purple orchid has always been something she's drawn to," Kurama explained after a long moment trying to remember, "That or the iris."

"I'll see to it." Masanori smiled warmly at Kurama. "Thank you again for your advice."

~*~
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 10:18 pm

Maybe bringing her a flower was a cliche choice, Masanori thought to himself as he watched her. Kuroi was walking along the pathway of the garden, admiring the flowers that her mother had planted. She was gorgeous in the moonlight. Her black wings contrasted heavily to the bright light of the moon. He wouldn't dare call her an angel, but she looked lethally ethereal. He looked at the flower in his hand, biting his lip but taking a breath and walking up to her anyway. His heart felt like it was going to leap out of his chest and he was quite sure his palms were sweaty.

I can face down a ghost. I could probably attack a demon. But I'm going to give a flower to a girl and I feel like I could just fall over and die right now. Masanori lectured himself, trying to calm his breathing but unable to. I need to get a grip on myself. She's not going to like me acting like this.

Kuroi sensed him near and turned around, tucking her hair behind her long ear, "Hey, Masa. We didn't get to chat during dinner really. What'd you think of Yukina's cooking? I'm so used to Eri's, but it was good."

"It was really good." Masanori was so grateful that he managed not to stutter. "My sister and I usually take turns with the cooking so it felt strange having to eat someone else's cooking. Not that it's a bad thing. It's a good way to get to know someone really."

"That's an interesting way to put it," Kuroi nodded, and saw his hands were behind his back, "What you got there, Masa?" She turned to face him completely, wings fluttering a bit behind her from being still too long.

The way her wings fluttered took the breath right out of him. She was so beautiful, but he knew better than to say anything. To do anything that'd scare her off. Demons moved faster than humans, he knew that, at the same time he was reminded that she would probably run regardless. "Close your eyes." He told her. "And you'll find out."

She tilted her head a little and eyed him curiously before she relaxed and her eyes fluttered closed, hiding her vivid royal purple eyes from sight, "Should I hold my hands out, too?" she giggled.

"Not unless I can't do this right," Masanori said as he approached her. He felt a little honored that a demon would close their eyes to him. He knew that there was still stigma about demons. Demons probably had their own with Humans, especially now in this upcoming storm. He wasn't going to give her cause to distrust him. He took the flower from behind his back and gently tucked it into her hair, making sure it was perfect. The purple looked gorgeous on her. "There...." He said, watching the flower, hoping it wouldn't fall. Hoping it'd stay at least a bit longer. "You can open your eyes."

The feeling of soft petals on her ear made her blush, and she reached up, but didn't touch it. Going over to the pond she looked down at her reflection and the soft pink turned into a glowing red. He'd put a purple orchid in her hair, "It's lovely..." she murmured softly, and looked back at him shyly, "Um...a-arigato..." Kokoro and her mom talked about flower meanings a lot, and someone must've told him this was her favorite flower. Standing up, she shifted, not sure what to say, "Do...you like flowers, too? I'm not a water demon like my mom. In all honesty I don't know where my fire powers come from, but I like helping mom out in her garden."

Masanori was a little surprised to hear that. He knew that her blood came from her father, but he had assumed that it would only make her powerful as a blood-bender since she could control water. "Huh..." He said slowly before shaking his head, cheeks pinking. "I don't take too much notice in them." He admitted. "I couldn't garden to save my life. My nephew has more of a talent with it than I do."

"Then...you wouldn't know what this means?" Kuroi motioned to the flower, "Would you like me to tell you?" It was half disappointing he didn't know, but if she told him then would he still stand by giving it to her?

"I am royalty in my own right, I suppose...more nobility, honestly," Kuroi's cheeks continued to burn even as she grinned, "What...ah...prompted you to give me a flower to show your admiration? I'll...be honest, I've been wooed by the residents of Hell - Kokoro has invited me to many parties - but I've never...felt like it was more than just to get into my pants or to get close to her through me."

"I'll be very honest with you, I'm not really fond with the idea of sex unless it's with someone I really care about." Masanori's cheeks were the darkest red. He was sure they were. He could feel the warmth radiating from his cheeks. Why did he say that? Why did he even..."I think you're gorgeous and I want to get to know you."

"I'm...sorry, if I've been really awkward," Kuroi murmured, "I see everyone else clicking and being cuddle buddies and here I am...feeling like the oddball out not knowing the first thing about courting or...ah...human term's dating, gomen." She rubbed the back of her neck, wings quivering again, this time in nervousness, "You're a nice man, Masa...I want to get to know you, too."

Masanori felt as if the tension from his shoulders lift and he was lighter than he had been ten minutes ago. He smiled genuinely. "Don't worry. I haven't been on too many dates, but I know a little on how to get us on the right path. I'll think of something that we can do either tomorrow or the next day if I can come up with it. Other than that, I don't mind a chat."

"Then...what would you like to talk about? I don't mind answering an questions you have about this place or the people, since you're new to the group," Kuroi assured, "What can you tell me about yourself? What do you like to do for fun?"

"What do I like to do for fun?" He repeated as he thought about the answer. "I like practicing my gymnastics. I used to do routines to music. Sometimes my sister and Hiroshi would duet for the routines, other times they were planned to music I found on the internet. I also like to play video games. I can kick everyone's ass besides Takara. We have a draw at the moment."

"Video games...I've never played any of those," Kuroi tilted her head at him, "Dancing...I can do club dancing, and I've got good agility, but I don't know about gymnastics?" She motioned for him to follow her as they continued to walk through the garden, "I enjoy singing, and we have an instrument room if you enjoy playing anything specific - if you play anything at all."

"I don't have the talent for musical ability." Masa shook his head. "I'm the one that holds the camera during the performances. I'd like to hear you sing sometime. If you ever wanted someone to do an accompaniment with you, Hana will probably take a crack at the piano or something."

"I'll have to set something up, then," Kuroi beamed, but then suddenly stopped and wiggled her torso too and fro. She grumbled and the color that had faded returned, "Um...this is embarrassing, but could you...scratch my right wing?"

"Yeah, anywhere specific?" Masanori asked as he approached her and looked for an area for him to touch. He didn't want to be too rough, the wings looked delicate, like they could bleed if he so much as made the wrong move.

"Towards where they connect to my back, somewhere in the middle. Itches on my wings are so annoying," she laughed softly, spreading them a bit so he could have better access, "Arigato again. Usually I can ignore it, but it popped up so suddenly."

"It's fine." Masanori ran his hands over the area for a moment, checking to see if it was the right spot before he gently started scratching at her wing carefully. Not too roughly, he didn't want her to bleed, but was hard enough to at least get the itch.

Humming in pleasure, Kuroi let her head fall back, her body shifting and turning so his hand would chase the itch as it jumped around. The bat demon girl made a mental note to ask Hana what she could do for Masa to show her appreciation.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:03 am

The night was young, but everyone was going to sleep. The moon shined through the blinds of Kurama's window, and Nira watched as he got dressed in just a pair of sweats, pale green eyes like peridots full of concern.

"Pretending to be asleep might actually make me go to sleep," he muttered.

Was he talking to himself? Nira's brows furrowed as she observed how he looked at his bed like it might eat him alive. Just how long had he been awake?

"It's worth a shot," Kurama took a deep breath and climbed in.

As he got settled, Nira slowly floated down and stood beside his bed. Listening to his breathing, she waited for it to even out. She felt awful, and hoped he message to get to /that place/ might help him. Once certain he was sleeping - it didn't take long at all, so he must've been exhausted - she stroked his cheek.

Except, what she wanted him to see wasn't what it morphed into.

Biting. Blood. Beating.

A heart that didn't beat felt like it was crying, his chest aching with the pain. Fighting with her to leave him alone, punching her, shoving her away, then grabbing her and forcefully kissing her, cutting her lip and tongue. Flash. Pounding into her, the vision kept changing every split second. Her on her stomach, crying in ecstasy as well as mourning and he was angry. Up close now, and he bit her harshly, fangs ripping her apart. On her back, more blood dripped onto the bed from where his long claws and pale fingers dug into her skin from holding her close while he cried. New angle, her on top, with his claws /shredding/ her back and blood gushing...

"It's okay..." She would say no matter how he hurt her, "I am here. I love you."

Kurama shot up as the door to his room opened. He put his hand over his face, fingers splayed so he saw through them, feeling the cold sweat. His heart rate had skyrocketed and he was hyperventilating.

It had only been...five minutes? Nira was a spirit, but if she could she would feel sick. Dissipating as Kuronue rushed to his side, she went to find someone else who could properly convey what she needed.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:24 am

She was in the middle of a village, walking aimlessly. There were people who were selling things from the sides of the street. Jewelry, pictures, incense, things that looked highly expensive and rare to get. They all wore some kind of white and black, she noticed. Like it was a uniform or something. She also noticed that there were children who were sneaking their hands into pockets. All of the adults noticed, but some were more lenient than others.

She heard something come from the side and she noticed that all of the people were laughing and waving, saying their hellos loudly. She looked to see that there was Kuronue next to a pale figure with silver white hair and hazel eyes that could storm the world. Next to him was a woman with black hair and pale green eyes, not at all vibrant like Kurama's.

It was clear to her that they were friends of some sort. She edged closer, hoping to know more, but there were no voices in the dream. Just a...feeling of nostalgia. Of hope.

Kuronue was alive.

But Nira wasn't.

Was she what Kurama had been talking about? No, not Kurama...but his other personality had been talking about? It was obvious she wanted something. Something that had to do with this village.

"I don't know what it is that you're hoping for." She said softly into the dream. "But I can bring him here if you want me to."

She woke up, feeling a strong ache in her chest. A happy, loving type of ache. It was so strong that it brought tears to her eyes and fell down her cheeks silently.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 3:30 am

()

It was after breakfast and everyone had dispersed to do their own thing, and Kurama watched as Kuronue was in stalker mode since Kuroi and Masa seemed a lot closer now than they had yesterday. The orchid in her hair was difficult to miss, of course. Kokoro had teased her about it, but she just waved her off. Instead of getting offended, Kokoro had just smiled brighter.

Now the redhead was sitting in the living room, both legs on the long couch and he sipped tea to try and sooth his migraine. Already he was doing micro-naps, which would only last a minute at a time, but never fully falling asleep. He was beginning to space out during conversations as well, to which he'd have to bullshit his way through so no one would notice. Kuro knew, but left him alone.

"You look like you're about to pass out." Hana noted aloud as she watched Kurama steadily as she was sitting on the floor with Kai. They had papers and chalk spread out on the floor. Kai was busy with his own drawing, his tongue sticking out from his muzzle as he struggled with holding the chalk into a comfortable position.

"I had a...rougher night than usual," Kurama admitted quietly, "Not something I wish to talk about..." with or without Kai around.

"I see..." Hana pursed her lips together and she looked at her lap. She struggled to come up with what she wanted to say. "...Do you know of a thievery village by chance?"

That caught his attention and he glanced at her, stiffening, "I do. It used to be about day's journey away from here, give or take, but time and many things happening in my life has made it difficult remembering just exactly where."

"Are we going on an adventure?" Kai asked, his ears perking up as his interest in the conversation was piqued. "Are we going to go comfort a ghost?"

"You'll be staying here." Hana told Kai gently as the little fox's ears went down and he was giving her the look. "No. It's safer if you don't come this time. But I do hope I could bring her whatever comfort I can."

Kurama's breathing wavered as he drew air in and then let it out slowly. Her? His stomach twisted in knots, "Did you have a dream or something?" he decided would be the safest question to ask, "Hana's right, though, Kai. If it was the village I knew before I died, then I would assure you it was safe...but I don't know anymore."

"I did." Hana sighed as she watched Kai pout but returned to his coloring. Normally he'd kick up a fuss about not being able to go, but if Kurama said it was dangerous, a fox like himself, then he probably understood it. She didn't know. "It seemed like she was desperate." She noticed his posture change and how his eyes were becoming clouded. "You know who I'm talking about....don't you?"

Kurama averted his gaze and took another drink of his tea, though his throat was tight with emotion. It took a moment to compose himself, and he whispered, "That was probably Nira. She might've tried to come through to me last night, which is why I'm such a mess. I'm glad she had someone to go to who interpreted her message more clearly."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:31 pm

Dreams weren't all that hard though, it was the easiest message for the dead to send. The problem was that a lot of the dead didn't know that dreams could be a way to communicate, and those that did know would get addicted to it rather than pass on their final message...and begin to "haunt".

There wasn't a doubt that she tried to get to Kurama. After the story that he had shared with her about how he accidentally killed his mate and his child, the scars would run deep. Her energy would bring that memory to life, and all she'd do was drain him. This place was draining him, it wasn't healthy. Hana's resolve steeled. There was something Nira wanted. There was something that Nira wanted Kurama to do. He needed closure and he wasn't getting it. She needed closure too.

Kai must have sensed that there was something big that was going on, because he stopped coloring. "I'm bored. Can I go and bother Masa-ojisan?" He asked, looking at Hana.

"You can try," Hana agreed, watching as Kai cheered and scrambled to his feet, already zooming towards the kitchen. Something told him that Kuronue would probably be so happy to use Kai in his way of getting Masanori away from Kuroi or something. She shook her head and turned to Kurama. The atmosphere still stiff.

"I don't know what she wants at the village," Hana admitted after a moment. "But it seems to me that she wants you there...perhaps to be happy again or at least relaxed."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 2:35 am

"Do you think it'll be a good idea to go?" Kurama asked softly, staring at where Kai had disappeared, even if he didn't see anything. His expression was just as blank as his eyes, "If you want me to, then I will. We could walk to the nearby village today and ask around, and head in whatever direction they point us in tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 10:55 pm

Hana's lips pursed together. She hated how...lifeless he looked. He looked like he was holding something back or trying not to think of something. "I think that it's a good idea if you come with." She agreed. "Though I don't think I can get Masanori to stay behind..and Kuroi's probably going to want to follow."

"Kuroi would go to see where Kuronue and I have a lot of our memories," Kurama smiled and nodded, "Masa would follow her, if nothing else. I should ask Yusuke to go...if he got the backing of the thieves, the people who can hide in the shadows, go places, do things that the rest of us can't, then he'd be set. I know you'd dislike it, but Ryo'd follow him in turn."

"It can't be helped." Hana sighed softly, not really caring about if Ryo was going to come or not. She watched Kurama for a moment and gently scooted herself closer to the couch, but keeping a respectful distance. She didn't know how he'd feel about touch. Hiei was definitely a no-touch person. "But you have enough on your plate than worrying about me and a tiny spiff." She told him. "I'll admit, I'm worried about you the most than that."

"I think a lot of the others are concerned for me now. Hiei mentioned I look paler, and he told me not to spar today. I'm free, if you want to leave this afternoon," he explained, shifting so he sat up straight, one leg bumping her arm by accident, but when she didn't shy away he left it there.

"If you're sure..." Hana nodded her head. She knew better than to go up against him. He was stubborn and if he wasn't sleeping well at night, there was a good chance that he wasn't going to sleep well in the afternoon. The mansion was practically killing him though, and while she knew the story behind it...there was a lot of problems that had to be fixed. But...she could only help him fix one at a time and she could only figure out so much all at once. She rested her hand on his knee and gently squeezed, hoping that it'd give him some assurance. "We can go this afternoon if you're feeling up to it." She murmured. "And then tomorrow we can pack and go out."

"Sounds like a plan. Might want to go tell Masa you're going out, and I can ask Yukina if she needs groceries while we're there," Kurama took the last swig of his tea and stood up.

~*~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED   YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

YYH AU Fate's Plan - ABANDONED
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next