Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynx-Tiger

Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 12:28 am

Masa clicked his tongue and moved so that he could lean against the bridge's railing and look down at the lake that the park had. It was a small lake, decently sized so that there were some people that would swim during the summer. It was clean at least and clear. "I understand. My sister, she doesn't like crowds much either." He paused, "but you're still not okay, are you?" He smiled a little. "I won't push you into talking about it, everyone has their secrets and like I said before I'm here to listen if you ever wanted to talk." He gestured out towards the lake. "But is this really the day for gloomy thoughts? The sun's out and it hasn't been raining for the past few days."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 12:36 am

"I...I know. It's not that I don't like crowds, actually. Just...everyone I looked at was happy, and I've...been self-pitying recently," Mike explained, "I had hoped to...lighten up at the pub, but as you saw, it was the opposite. You did help, but then I saw some of your friends get close and it just put me down again." He shook his head, "I didn't want to...burden you with my problems because I don't want someone else to pity me, which is why I strayed from the subject and focused on other things." He gave Masa an odd look, "I thought...you were just saying that before because you want your customers to be happy sort of thing."
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 2:34 pm

"I want people to be happy. Costumer or not, if they need someone to vent to without judement, I'm willing." Masanori nodded, understanding. "Well, I won't give you my pity." He said simply. "Self-pity is already destructive enough, I don't need to add on to it. But what I will give you, instead, is that it's okay to feel down. To feel left out. I feel it often enough when I see Sam and Matt, or Candy and Nix. I want a relationship, but at the same time I don't feel the need to actively search for one. If one comes along, then that's fine by me."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Was that...because they were the only couples at the bar or was...taking a deep breath, Mike shifted over to the railing again and gripped it in both hands, one foot bent and tapping the ground with the toe of his shoe, "That's...pretty much my same predicament..." He murmured, ducking his head in a blush, "I feel like...I don't know...I'm not destined for it or something. I'm just coming out of a month-long depressed slump. I feel like every time I try to get close to someone...flirt with them, show interest, they aren't interested in /me/ or love someone else. I don't want to push for it, ya know? Be that guy that puts pressure on someone..." He swallowed thickly, "It doesn't help that..." here was the bomb. Not that Masa had a problem with gays, he worked with three of them, but Masa himself probably wasn't, "I'm gay...and a sub for that matter. It's hard finding another dude like Nix or Sam who isn't flaming or, obviously, taken."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Masanori nodded his head, "Well...I can't say I'm flaming." He admitted, watching Mike for a moment. "I go different routes, I just really like people I suppose." He took a spot next to him. "A sub though...are we talking about BDSM or are we talking about the position in the bedroom? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I can just research it myself or something. I'm not well versed with that kind of lingo." He felt stupid, really stupid. Most of the people that he had sex with didn't tell him "sub" or "dom" or anything like that. It was always a question of "you want top" or "I want you to go rough with me" or something along the lines like that. Maybe he should start borrowing Hana's novels. His sister probably knew about this, or even Ryo for that matter....

If they didn't die laughing first.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:27 pm

"Y-You're Japanese, right...?" Mike's face was getting darker by the second as he realized Masa, by his wording, was either pan or bi. "Y-You'd recognize what I mean by 'uke', wouldn't you?" Oh god, oh god..."I was...expecting you to tell me 'good luck with that' or something...not that you swing my way."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Masanori laughed. "Yes, I recognize it. I'm sorry, my English isn't as good as I thought it was." He blushed as well. "Or at least, I'm more out of tune with the slang than I thought I was." He looked at him curiously. "It seems to me that you have enough people telling you that. I figured you'd like to know that you weren't alone in your situation as you previously thought." He smiled a little warmly. "I was hoping to make you feel better, to take some of the weight off of your shoulders, maybe get a smile from you." He gestured to him lightly. "Do you like coffee or tea? There's a place around the bend, out of the park, that has good drinks."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 7:31 pm

"I like mocha, but tea's good too. Coffee's gross," Mikhail nodded, giving him a big grin, "You must be thirsty from running, so I don't mind hanging out with you while you replenish your energy. Lead the way, Masa."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 1:27 am

~*~

They entered a shop that was on around the bend, just like Masanori said. It was a small hole-in-a-wall area where not a lot of people came through. The smell of coffee and fresh brewing tea could assult the senses without giving a headache. The place was mostly dark browns like chocolate and deep reds that were accented along the walls. Speaking of the walls, there were tea sets and coffee pots that decorated the place. There were booths lined up against the two walls, there were couches and comfy chairs nearby the windows, mostly called the "study area" since students usually sat there, and regular tables scattered.

"They offer sandwiches too, if you're hungry." Masanori offered as they walked towards the line. "We could eat in here, or eat outside. They have their summer tables and chairs out, but really it's up to you."

Mike's stomach twisted and rumbled, "I think that'd be a good idea. I haven't eaten much...and let's eat outside in the sunshine. I kinda feel bad that I missed a whole month of summer...and it's already September." He looked at the menu as they stood in line and hummed, "I think I'll have an iced mocha with hazelnut and vanilla...what about you, Masanori?" He liked saying his name. It rolled off his tongue really nicely.

"Hmm...that sounds good." Masanori hummed as he scanned the menu, looking it over. "I think that I'll get a vanilla frappichino with java chips and a pump of peppermint. What about sandwiches? I'll probably get a turkey and lettuce with cheese and mayo."

"A chicken salad sandwich sounds good to me, actually," Mike nodded, "Oh man, I'm drooling just thinking about eating. I didn't even have an appetite until...well...until you came along," he admitted honestly.

"I'm glad I managed to kick start your stomach, otherwise you'd probably would've passed out." Masanori agreed, pretending to be solemn, but a smile was cracking underneath the mask. When it was their turn, he ordered for the both of them and took out his money so that he could pay for it.

"I can pay, Masa!" Mike's eyes widened, hand digging into his pocket for his wallet, "You've been persistent with me, and actually got me to talk. It's the least I could do."

"Let me do this for you," Masanori looked at Mike with a smile on his face as he counted the money and handed it over. "Next time we go out, I'll be polite and let it be your treat. How does that sound? A compromise of sorts?"

"If you're sure," Mike nodded slowly, and put his wallet away. They moved down to the end where their drinks and food would be set, "So does this mean we should exchange numbers?" he asked with a breathy laugh.

"Oh, right I'm sorry. I should have asked that first before I jumped in for a next date. I'm sorry." Masanori couldn't believe himself. He was so rude to him. "I mean not a date..." Goddamn he couldn't catch a break. "I mean if you wanted...if that's...I'm so sorry I'm not saying anything right."

Mike's face lit up like a Christmas tree, "Really? Are you sure? I mean, I wouldn't want you to feel obligated or anything after I just gave you my sob story. If you really want to go on a date, though, when's your next day off? We can go to the movies."

"I'd like that a lot," Masanori was relieved. "No, it's not out of obligation or anything like that. I find you interesting and attractive. I want to get to know you, to see if we're a good match or not. Speaking of match, I noticed...you don't have a Queen's accent. Are you from somewhere other than England?"

"Oh! Ah..." Mike rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, "I'm Russian-America. I grew up in America, was part of the military for a while but after an...accident in the field...I decided to move to my grandfather's estate. After a while, I felt lonely living in a big place like that by myself, so I just bought a flat with the inheritance he left me."

Masanori's eyebrows furrowed. "When you came back, did you have anxiety or anything like that? I don't want to trigger you into having a flashback episode or something. My adopted sister's friend, Shaye, is from America as well. Georgia I think."

"I have PTSD, yeah...I do have nightmares and the stupidest things can trigger me sometimes. A shout by an angry customer in a store when I'm grocery shopping, a slam on the counter, something breaking...those are just the big ones that come to my head. I don't carry a weapon with me because I'm afraid I'd hurt someone." He shrugged, "Georgia, huh? I lived in Northern California. Great weather if you like perpetual summer," Mike chuckled and once their orders arrived he grabbed his and they went to go sit outside. It didn't take long for him to dig into his sandwich, "Mm...this is great."

Masanori laughed and mentally reminded himself of those triggers and any others that might happen. "So what kind of movie would you want to go see?" He asked curiously as he took a bite of his own sandwich.

"There's this movie called 'No Escape' that sounds good. Don't worry, I won't get triggered if I watch an action movie," Mike assured, "It's a mindset thing. If I go into it knowing what to expect then I'm good."

"Oh okay," Masanori was relived to hear it and smiled warmly. "Okay, then we can go see it. I haven't heard of it, but that's what's going to make it fun for me. Is there a place you want me to swing by to come get you or do you want to meet at the theatre? Or should we plan that out later when I give you my number?" He set his half of his sandwich down so that he could grab his phone from his pocket to create a new contact.

Mikhail did the same and handed him his phone so he could just punch it in himself, "We could meet at the theatre, I don't want to fight with directions and us just getting confused. I...don't drive, anyway. I have another mode of transportation."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 3:15 am

"That's fine, the theatre's perfect." Masanori smiled as he took his phone and punched in the details and sent himself a text so that he could get Mike's number. He handed the phone back to him with a grin. "Let me check my schedule with Sam and I'll let you know what days I'm free. He's probably conked out or with Matt right now, and I don't want to bother them if that's the case." Interrupting their time together could either be awkward as in Matt was teasing him in order to get off the phone, or Sam or Matt getting ticked that her time was cut short.

"Ah, right, right, I understand," Mike nodded, most of his sandwich already gone, "Considering we met at the bar, I'll share something with you. My Russian accent comes out the more I drink. Elongated vowels and things like that."

"Really?" Masanori blinked. "I don't know if I want to get you drunk to hear it or if I want to make sure no one tries to make you drink to much to get to hear it." He paused. "How long did you live in Russia for?"

"Never, actually! Never set foot on Russian soil," Mike laughed, enjoying Masa's answer, "My mother was the Russian one, and it wasn't ever that harsh. I got my love for my half-n-halfs from her because my dad introduced her to sprite and she just liked how the soda and alcohol mixed."

"Amazing." Masanori laughed, "What's your family like? Your mom and your dad?"

"My family...didn't quite approve of my lifestyle, and my father disowned me, which is why I turned to the military life," this was where the smile faded just a bit, "My grandpa was one of those people who was just happy he had a grandson and didn't care I was gay. I was very sad when he died."

"I'm sorry," Masanori reached across the table to gently take Mike's hand in his. "That's awful. I understand though. A lot of my friends unfortunately walk that same path. Not one of them entered military though. Not that I'm aware of."

Mike's throat tightened with emotion he hadn't felt in a while concerning his family. The touch of Masa's skin against his had made him jump, and he stared at it in confusion, not sure what to do, "No one gave a fuck or had been there after my accident. It's...actually a bit weird...having someone care after so long. You have siblings. I am an only child." His fingers twitched and he closed is hand around Masa's, still not sure what to make of it or how to feel.

"My sister would adopt you as a sibling." Masanori said seriously. "If you think I'm joking, she's going through the legal system to become a single mother. She'll take one look at you, know that I'm potentially dating you, and start demanding why I haven't told her anything and that I'm a horrible twin. She'd be affectionate to you."

"Your sister sounds like the sweetest person," Mike smiled softly, "I hope to meet her sometime."

Masanori nodded his head and then paused. "You said siblings and then you said sister. Did I not mention Ryoko to you?" He quirked an eyebrow. "Hana is the sweet heart. Ryoko can be the devil."

Mike froze and he ducked his head, "Ah...no, you didn't mention Ryo..." he pulled hand away and grabbed his drink, stirred it, and then took a nervous sip.

"Are you telepathic?" Masanori asked curiously, feeling regretful for bringing it up. "I didn't mean to..." He shook his head. "I'm sorry."

"I shouldn't have read your mind, I'm sorry, I can't control what I read or when. You probably think I'm a freak now," Mike's stomach turned to ice as he panicked and he stood up quickly, wadding his wrappers up so he could throw them away. Fuck! He messed up, he didn't mean to. He hadn't even realized he said anything weird. Way to go! Right when he found someone who it felt nice to talk to.

"Wait, wait, calm down." Masanori stood up quickly. "It's okay. Matt's telepathic too. I've been down this route before. It's okay. Mike, seriously. You're not a freak, I wouldn't dream of thinking that way about you."

Mike was shaking, though, already having gone through a few worst case scenarios in a flat second. Even when Masa told him it was okay, he was finding it hard to calm down because he'd worked himself up, "Matt is?" he asked, breathing heavily. That would probably explain how she kept trying to match-make him, reading his mind, but it felt so weird when a random dude would come up to him and start flirting after he'd seen her talking to him, too. They tended to be a bad match, anyway...probably a cancellation of powers...Matt couldn't see everything in is head.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:32 pm

"Yeah. She's usually a fine matchmaker, but...if you're telepathic too or anything, it'll cancel. Her and Candy can't affect each other since their twins and all." Masanori shrugged as he watched Mike. He was still worried that he was going to pull a runner on him or something. It'd be his luck if he failed a relationship before it could even begin. "I have to be Hana's grounding tool for her abilities." He admitted. "Technically, I don't have any abilities. I'm pretty average compared to the rest of my family."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:02 pm

Mike shook his head, relaxing as they talked and Masanori explained himself, "That makes sense, but I don't think you're average. Everyone's unique in their own way, right?" he smiled and scratched the back of his head shyly, "So, shall I come by the club later? Or do you not work today?"

"You're more than welcome to the club." Masanori beamed happily. "I don't work tomorrow."

"Awesome, we could always do that movie then, if that sounds like a good plan?" Mike tilted his head much like a dog would.

"It does." Masanori smiled, his heart fluttering in his chest. "Definitely sounds like a good plan."

"It was wonderful talking to you again, Masanori. See you later tonight, and thank you for the food and drink," he gave him a wave, "Bye!" he wandered back the way they had come to enjoy the park for a little longer before he went home. He couldn't believe he'd landed himself a date! This was fantastic!

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 1:12 am

"You're chipper!" Ryoko observed as Masanori finally came back home from his jog, "Did something happen?" she asked curiously as her brother went to the kitchen to slug down some iced water.

"I landed myself a date with a guy." Masanori smiled brightly as he opened the fridge's door so that he could grab the water bottle. He uncapped it and took a long drink before adding, "Is Hana at the Social Worker's office again?"

"Hai! She's got a couple more visits, the last one Kai's going to be by himself, and then after that she can have him all to herself!" Ryoko cheered and hopped into the kitchen, "You got a date, Masa-nii? Sugoi!"

"They're taunting her I swear," Masanori frowned good-naturedly as he took another drink. "Yeah I'm pretty excited myself. I told Mike that I was going to have a nephew, but he's not too concerned. Which is great...I was worried that was going to be a deal-breaker, my sister being a single mom." He smiled brightly. "Apparently he's like Matt, he can read minds. He's /really/ hot. He has really gorgeous eyes...like...damn."

"That's so sweet!" Ryo clasped her hands together over her chest, "I'm so happy for you! A mind-reader, huh? How good is he? His name's Mike? What else did you learn about him?"

"He's disowned so...he needs a family." Masanori nodded. "I don't know how good he is, it's not like he's so open about it like Matt is. He has a Russian accent but never been in the snowy plains of hell and he's from America, like Shaye is."

"America?! Sugoi, sugoi! Shaye's going to love that! She'll have someone she can make references and inside jokes with!" The half-vampire gasped, "Why was he disowned?"

Masanori was having fun with the pure excitement on Ryoko's face. "Because of his sexuality. You know there's some people that don't like the idea of being homosexual or bisexual or whatever."

"But he was family..." Ryo frowned, "That's awful. Well, you butter him up and bring him here one day after you have a date or two! We'll make him feel right at home," she nodded firmly.

"That was the plan." Masanori nodded. "I was thinking of introducing him to Matt face to face. Maybe she'll be of some help with his telepathic-ness. A way to train. Speaking of training, have you heard anymore about Shaye's love life and how it's going?"

"Um, no, just how she gushed about her date last night," Ryo giggled, "She really adores Sirius. Apparently he's an Auror?"

"Magical Police Enforcement in other words." Masanori rolled his eyes. "Which means Shaye might as well just admitted to be walking on eggshells. Aurors have the power to call in the Hunters if they so wanted." He explained. "She's dancing to a dangerous song dating him."

"Oh..." Ryo's face fell, "She sounded really confident he wouldn't. She may not admit it, but I think she trusts him."

Masanori frowned deeply and then shook his head. "I'm probably being the annoying big brother right now, but...I don't." He looked at Ryoko. "I know he has a werewolf for a friend, but werewolves are pack animals. You don't see them killing in a single hoard and if there is a lone wolf, they don't live long enough. The insanity's too much." He shrugged. "As for you and Shaye, well...you can be forgiven. You have way out. Blood bank, synthetic blood, blood potions you have options. Shaye doesn't. It's either human meat or get the fuck out."

Ryo nodded, "I don't think Remus is a lone wolf. Technically, perhaps, because he's the only werewolf around, but he does have a pack. Sirius is an animagus, a black dog. Apparently his friend James is also an animagus but he's a buck. James just hasn't run with them right now because he's got a newborn to take care of."

"Yeah I heard about that with Sam." Masanori nodded. "Still though, it's worrisome." He took another drink from the water bottle and set it down on the counter. "He was...a nice person." He said after a moment. "I didn't sense any ill will from either one of them." He grimaced. "When they dropped you off, they seemed more shocked than anything. I'm just...waiting for the shock and the novelty to wear off. Someone's bound to start freaking out that they're dating a non-human."

"What'll you do if they don't?" Ryo tilted her head at her brother, "Will you be glad to be proven wrong?"

Masanori nodded, "I'd breathe a sigh of relief."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 1:21 am

"Masanori is looking especially bright," Nix hummed in amusement as he stood in a dark shadow behind Candice, "He's working quickly and efficiently. I wonder what happened? He was rather depressed last night after that boy ran out."

Candy was screwing around the sound system, getting ready for the next playlist when he looked at the bar. Indeed, Masanori was in the mood to practice flair and was handing out drinks like no other tonight. Flair was rare behind the counter since the bottles could break and it'll be Sam's paycheck that'd be suffering. "I think he just served three people in a row....maybe he got laid?"

"Mm...no, his scent isn't mingled with another's, and he doesn't have the...afterglow, one gets when they wake up next to someone they like," Nix's hand ghosted up Candy's spine but it looked as if he hadn't moved at all.

He stilled and tried to hold back a purr. He loved being touched, especially the back area. It felt good and Nix had really warm hands and a gentle touch that could spark a flame without even trying. "True..." he said, hoping his breath was even. "Then he probably got the guy's number."

"Now that sounds more likely," Nix agreed, "I shall leave you alone to play with your toys. Your sucker's almost gone, isn't it? What would you like next? A different flavor? A jolly rancher?"

Candy turned around and pulled the sucker out of his mouth as slowly as he could, letting his tongue take a last lap at it just to see Nix's eyes darken. "Hmm how about you?" He asked with a teasing smile on his lips. "I can deal with a kiss-flavor if you got any available."

"A kiss-flavor, hmm? I believe I can provide," Nix slowly stepped up, his steps measured. Tenderly caressing his lover's cheek, he bent down and hummed in approval as Candy's mouth was already open and willing for his tongue. Swirling and battling for a spare moment, enjoying the sweet yet tangy flavor of cherry a bit more than he should. He didn't bend to Candy's tugs, and pulling back, he smirked at the adorable pout, his fang just slightly visible, "When you go on break, perhaps I can do something a little more."

"Tease. I can handle that." Candy purred, letting his eyes half-lid and flutter, a trick that his twin taught him. It probably did nothing, he did spend /hours/ in front of the mirror trying to perfect it, but...it was one thing to do to it on yourself. Another entirely to do it to someone else.

Nix cleared his throat and looked away, the blush on his ears really noticeable because of how pale his skin was, "Your sister has been been training you again. I am going to go back to work. If the reason for Masa's improved mood arrives, do tell me who it is later?"

"You got it." Candy beamed a little as he turned back to his sound system. "I'll keep anyone from embarrassing them too. Everyone looks foolish when a line-dance comes up."

Not too long later, Mike came in with a skip in his step just as he saw Masanori doing some twists and twirls and tricks with the mixing cups, getting ooos and awes from the crowd. "Chert..." 'Damn...' he muttered in Russian.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 3:55 pm

Masanori didn't see him, too caught up with the routine that he had going for him. He was grinning brightly as he mixed a perfect extra dry martini and handed it to the woman who asked with a flourish. The next was a few shots and /that/ was fun. Especially since it was a shot that required flames. Sam was equal parts amused and displeased, since that was /his/ trick goddamn it, but Masanori was in too good of a mood to stop.

"Hey, Purple Rain." Sam noticed that there was a customer that was watching the show with fascination. He recognized the boy from the other night. "Your sign of affection just showed up." Probably a mistake to say since Masanori /nearly/ dropped the bottles. "Goddamn it, not the liquor."

"That's something Cassie would say. Did she skype you?" Masanori was so thankful that his hands weren't too slippery and was able to catch the bottles. Otherwise, it really /would've/ been bad. He tried to look through the crowd, to find Mike, but...another order was shoved into his face and he wasn't able to get a good look.

"That's what happens when you show off." Sam said patiently. "And what does Cassie have to do with anything?" He shifted his weight as he watched Masanori flip a bottle of vodka into the air and catching it with a spin, adding a little of grenadine into the mix. "He's coming closer."

"You've got quite the crowd," drawled Mike's Russian accent as he'd purposefully lowered his voice. He just knew he'd be heard over the chatter of the crowd.

Masanori had to hold back a shiver and was so thankful that it wasn't enough to actually make him drop the bottles. Sam would've been ticked. "Had to keep myself entertained somehow." He looked up at him and smiled. "What's on your drink menu tonight?"

"Same as always, though I'm feeling more 70/30. Unless you didn't want to see me drunk?" Mike tilted his head as he slid onto a bar stool.

"Do you want me to haul you home?" He asked as he got out a glass and found the vodka. He poured a generous amount of it and then went over to the soda fountain to put in the Sprite. It was encouraged to have a soda fountain just so that the teenagers didn't get drunk, could have a good time, and those who were designated drivers had more than just water. "Because if I do that then you'll be staying at my place. I can't promise my sisters won't smother you."

"I don't see a downside to this," Mike laughed, taking the drink when it was slid over to him, "Thank you, good sir. Hey, I heard Sam call you Purple Rain. That's a pretty cool nickname."

"It's one of the better ones." Masanori agreed as Sam took up the slack, already knowing that he was probably tired from all the flair and was eager to show off. He /was/ the owner of the club after all. If Masanori took all of his customers, he'd be outta luck. "Candy's called me grape lollipop for a while."

"Grape lollipop sounds cute for when you're being super sweet," Mike winked, taking a swig of his drink and licking his lips of the flavor, eyeing Masa with his pale green gaze, "Any other nicknames? Ones from your sisters or other friends?"

"Purple Flash from Ryo, when I'm kicking her ass at martial arts or when I'm pissed off." Masanori agreed as he leaned against the counter. "Shaye likes to call me Shadow, I have no idea why."

"So you're a DC comic hero, I like it," Mike snickered and took another drink, "I'm surprised no one's called you the Purple People Eater yet. Hmm. I don't have a fancy nickname for you yet, I'd like to get to know you a little bit more before I start spouting off ideas."

"I'm definitely a DC comic hero. Shaye's more into Marvel, so whatever gets her twisted is fine by me." Masanori nodded his head. "I've been watching the American show called Arrow for a while now. I'm enjoying it a lot."

"Oh really? I've been watching Flash on Hulu. Damn, their season finale was intense. I can't wait to see what they do for season two. Cisco is amazing," Mike shook his head, "So who's your favorite Marvel character from all the Avenger's movies that's been coming out?"

"Oh god..." Masanori groaned. "That's...really tough." He hummed a bit as he thought about it and then nodded. "Falcon."

"Oh? And why is that? His straight-forward, no-bullshit attitude?" Mike asked.

"That and his wit." Masanori hummed as he traced the table with his finger. "But I also like Hawkeye. Who doesn't like Hawkeye?"

"Oh, yeah, Hawkeye is pretty chill," he spider-walked his fingers across the table and ran his index over the finger Masa was skimming over the surface, and across the back of his hand, tracing the veins.

He didn't say anything, just let Mike do what he wanted with his hand. It was a warm, tingling sensation and it felt soothing to him. He glanced up at him, and murmured softly. "You should work on that drink so I can get you another, unless you tossed it back already without me noticing."

"Mm, it's already halfway gone, but I can do that," he smiled slowly, lids low over his eyes. He pulled back and took his glass, slugged it back in three gulps, and handed it back to him, "There you are, good sir."

"Same amount?" Masanori asked as he took the glass and put it in the washing bin and got a new glass while he waited for Mike's confirmation.

"Most definitely. Once I'm tipsy I'm probably going to hit the dance floor, and after a song or two I'll come back. That's my game plan for the moment," he gave him a thumbs-up, "What kind of music do you like? Alternative? Pop?"

"I'm not picky." Masanori said as he poured another generous amount of vodka and put in more sprite. He handed it to Mike. "What are you planning on dirty dancing for us? We do have a stage for that, but...." He shook his head. "I'd rather not see you like that for everyone to see."

"Possessive already? We haven't even had our first date," Mike smirked, "No, I don't do dirty dancing...though I've never had a partner to 'dirty dance' with," he winked and sipped his new drink, humming at the little extra sprite, "I don't know what my dance /type/ is. I just...ya know, dance. I let my body move to the music and do whatever."

"I thought the sandwitches were our first date? Kind of?" Masanori's cheeks reddened. "Oh kami-sama, gomennasai, I can't believe...you probably want to smack me right about now. That was rude..."

"Chill," Mike laughed, "It can be an unofficial date type thing," he assured, "You're fine. I don't mind at all. The movies will be an official date, is all."

Masanori relaxed and smiled a little at Mike's response. He was really glad he didn't fuck anything up. "Good..." He straightened himself and sighed when Sam called him over to start working again. "I'll have to leave you by your lonesome for a bit."

"That's alright. I hope enjoy the show," he grinned and waved him off with his glass. He took his time to drink the rest of his glass before he hopped away and mingled with the crowd.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Hana sighed as she held the door open for Masanori who had rung the doorbell. On his shoulder was a man who looked like he had waay to much to drink. His cheeks were flushed and he smelled of rubbing alcohol. "Seriously?" She deadpanned at her twin.

"Later..." Masanori hitched him up. "I told him that he could bunk with us, but warned him that he has to go up against you and Ryo."

"Privet!" Mike purred at Hana with a lazy wave, then blinked and cleared his throat, "Aaah...I meant hi. It niice tah meet yu. Yu Hana, da? Yu 'ave prrretty eyes, like Masa," he beamed at her.

Hana stared at him blankly and shook her head from side to side as she moved out of the way. "Thank you..." She looked at Masanori and hissed. "If he throws up it's on you. You're lucky Shaye's not staying over the night, she'd be all over you and him, and you know it."

Masanori winced as he dragged Mike inside. "Believe me, this wasn't what I had in mind when I made the challenge, but...he talks cute and he needed a place to stay." He hitched him up a bit higher. "Okay, come on. We're going to have fun with stairs."

"Let me sit on couch a moment, Masa," Mike protested quickly, "Slept in car, da? Still sleepy. Need to wake up a bit, den I be fine. Voda...voda good idea..." he rubbed his throat, then made a face as he realized again he spoke in his native tongue, "Water," he corrected himself.

"I'll go grab some. He might as well be saying vodka again." Hana rolled her eyes dramatically as she walked over to the kitchen and Masanori carefully lead him towards the couch and gently put him down.

"You need anything other than water?" He asked softly. "A bucket maybe? I shouldn't have gotten you drunk. Tipsy....but not drunk."

"Net...jus' yu," Mike grinned and moved the arm that was over Masa's shoulders to slip around his waste and hugged him, rubbing his face on his chest, "I not sick. Just...thirsty..." he took a deep breath, "Yu smell good." He couldn't define the scent, too drunk, but it was soothing. He murmured quietly while Hana was still gone, "She don' seem pleased I here...perhaps I shouldn't be..."

"Nah," Masanori shook his head from side to side. "She's not pleased that the first time she meets you is when you're drunk and you can't hold a conversation. If you try to leave she'll guilt trip you into staying. You can't deny her puppy-dog eyes. God I hope her kid doesn't learn how to do them."

"I might just teach him just to piss you off." Hana beamed as she came back and gave him some water. "He's a bit off the mark. I'm more upset that Ryo got to hear him gush while I was away and now I get to meet you and you're barely standing." She pouted a little. "You do have a cute accent though...and when you wake up in the morning I'll make pancakes."
"Lifesaver!" Masanori grinned at his sister. "See?! I told you. Now you have to stay. You can't miss pancakes."

"I only like chocolate chip pancakes," Mike mumbled around the water glass as he drowned half of it, "I glad yu not mad. 'Morrow I make up to you, promise," he crossed his chest with his finger. He felt a lot better and his eyes didn't look as groggy, "I t'ink I can do teh stairs now, Masa..." he paused and blinked at him a moment, "What Jap'nese for 'sorry'?"

"Gomenasai." Masanori said slowly. "or just plain gomen. Come up, lets get you up and try the stairs. Thanks Hana." He gently put his arm around Mike's waist and hauled him up to his shoulder again. "Steady."

Make was firmer on his feet and he nodded. Now he was significantly less weight for his companion, they moved easier. Waving at Hana he reached for the railing of the stairs and they made it up little by little. Finally they reached Masa's room and he was plopped down on the bed, "Where yu goin' ta sleep?"

"If my sister's nice, I'll crash with her or she'll kick me onto the couch." Masanori said softly. "if I do sleep in Hana's room, it's the door to the left of this one, across the hall."

Mike didn't like the sound of any of that. He gripped Masa's hand and tugged him down with more strength he was sure Masa didn't know he had, because the man with purple hair had wide, shocked eyes. Wrapping his arms around him for a second time, "Yu stayin' here," he rumbled, eyes closed and he was already drifting back to sleep.

Masanori had half of the mind to tell him that he needed to change, that he needed to get ready for sleep...but at the same time he knew too well that Mike was already drifting off and that he wasn't going anywhere, so might as well make himself comfortable. "Okay...." He murmured softly, relaxing into his hold. 'I'll stay here."

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:48 am

The last day or two went by fairly slowly for Sirius, and he yawned as he left the flat, Remus inside simply reading a book. He felt bad that his friend couldn't get a job, but unless Dumbledore miraculously came through the door giving him the chance to teach DADA then he was out of luck. Sighing he looked over as he heard another door close and he jumped. Nix from the bar was gingerly touching the collar of Candy's shirt.

"You sure it doesn't hurt?" he asked softly.

"No, not really." Candy promised Nix with a smile. "It's a good hurt if anything." He looked over and smiled brightly. "Oh, hello Pop Rocks." He looked a little sheepish now, but still kept a bright satisfied smile on his face. "How are you?"

/'Pop Rocks?'/ Sirius thought with a tilt of his head, "Pleasant mornin' to ya, I'm doin' well. You?"
Rachel Stevens

"Peachy." Candy smiled brightly and then tilted his head towards him. "I thought Shaye was your date. She's not with you?" He had kind of hoped...ah, but if they didn't work out, it was probably for the best. He smiled a little. "Sorry, that's way out of line. You heading off to work?"

"Shaye and I decided to reschedule our date for Friday, the deadline for her article was changed on her so she's kinda scrambling," Sirius explained, "So, yeah, I'm heading to work. I never knew you two lived next door."

"We...slept in my accident," Nix placed his hand on the small of Candy's back as he recalled the...fun they had.

Sirius arched a brow, "Ah, I see. Well, I hope you two have a good rest of your day."

"Good luck!" Candy waved merrily as he watched Sirius walk away and then he looked at Nix. "Well..." He took a deep breath in. "That was new. I didn't know he was a next door neighbor either. Did you?"

"I thought I recognized him, seen him late at night...so I knew he lived in this building, but not right there," Nix shrugged, "Shall we be on our way, too?"

"Yeah, let's go." Candy nodded as he wrapped his arm around Nix's waist and started walking down the hallway, light and bouncy on his feet.

~*~

Why? Why did God hate her so damn much to make the story that was supposed to run /Monday/ to Friday? It cut down so much time and progress. While, yes, she could quickly read through an article, this was just a disaster. She liked taking her /time/ with things like that. And it didn't help that it wasn't just /this/ article either. There was another article that was breaking news that had to be edit and done with by tonight so that ti could run in the morning. This is why she hated her job sometimes. They were dogs to meat.

The place was /buzzing/, so she was kind of glad it wasn't just her that was running on high energy either. Though she was kind of worried about their "coffee-boy". This had to be the seventh time he ran into a cafe ordering drinks for everyone and he was here since /last night/, the poor doll. Well, at least it wasn't her. She winced, remembering her time as a errand-girl. She reminded herself to slip some money his way when he came back or so.

She was really absorbed into the article that she was working on when she felt the table vibrate. She paused and she waited and felt again. She started pushing away papers trying to find where she put her phone. She heard something clatter to the ground and she cursed. She looked over her desk and down to see if it was her phone, but it was a stapler instead. Goddamn it. It was another few papers and she found it just barely hiding underneath her monitor, about to be pushed off the edge just like her stapler. She quickly looked at the screen and a bright smile crossed her face when she saw it was from Sirius.

*Deep breaths help. Take it from someone who was around a pregnant lady for nine months. We all had to learn how to deal with it in a different way, but holding your breath for 10 seconds and letting it out slowly is a big one. Helps you focus, too.* Was the first really long text.

*I'm at work as well, doin' patrols and thought about how frustrated you must be after I just let go of a stupid wanker that I wanted to punch.* Was the second.

Shaye placed the article to the side and she leaned back in her chair as she looked at the text messages. She breathed in....held...and then let it out slowly. She did this a few more times and chaos...didn't feel like chaos anymore. When she read the second text, she giggled hard and texted back. *It does help. Sorry that you let go a potential punching bag. That always sucks, especially if they deserved it.* She hit send and then thought about it. *Do you have to go track him down again or were you ordered to let him go?*

*I was ordered to. He was mostly talking trash and we had to wipe his memory of magic or he was going to expose us. That sort of thing.* He explained.

*Damn.* Shaye typed back as she ran her fingers through her her, letting them get tangled. She could imagine the frustrations that could cause. *Do Aurors get breaks? Razz* Was the emoticon too cheesy? It was too late to think about it as she had already pressed send.

*Lunch is at noon to one. Why? Did you want a lunch date in place of our actual date? Wink Wink* Sirius replied.

*Can't I have my cake and eat it too? Very Happy* Shaye teased back through the phone. *You're having a rough day, I'm about to murder someone with a red pen. I think we deserve to see each other and grumble about people's stupidity and rant about the unfairness of the world.*

*Hahahah! Fair enough! Txt me the location of your work and I'll pop by the moment I am free. James is laughing at me and my stupid grin btw.* Sirius added.

Shaye replied with the location of the Daily Prophet and teased, *I bet it's an adorable grin. I can't wait to see it in person ;D*

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:56 am

The clock chimed for noon and Sirius had popped into a nice alleyway where he wouldn't be spotted by anyone. Shifting and straightening his robes, he headed out and towards the Daily Prophet where Shaye worked. It was a nice place, and he was sure there was a place nearby to get some good food.

Entering the building, he was not unaware of the people gasping and even one dropped her papers, which meant they knew who he was or just found him that good looking. Looking around, though, he spotted the top of the red haired woman he admired and he moseyed his way to her desk, peeking over her computer where she was typing furiously, "Cute shirt. So this is what you look like in fairly casual wear."

Shaye let out a squeak and a jump, as she had been completely absorbed by her editing work. She was wearing a nice light sky blue blouse and the skirt that she was wearing was a cream colored skirt that was longer on one side. The flower crown that was apart of her attire was sitting on top of her desk, white and light blue flowers with a few leaves poking through. "You scared me." She said, holding her chest and smiling bright. "I lost track of time, so I didn't see you come in." Goddamn he was admirable too. Her eyes glanced up and down his Auror robes, the way that made him look taller, darker, and gave him more of a dangerous vibe. She really enjoyed the boots that he was wearing. "You're a walking wet dream for most of the girls in here." She teased him.

"I noticed. One poor lady dropped her papers. I think you're going to have some jealousy rivalries once you come back...that or all the ladies are going to ask for juicy details. Neither of which should be an issue. I have eyes for one," he winked at her.

Instead of blushing, Shaye stood up, pushed her chair in, and held her hand out to him. "I'm starting to wonder about you and your taste in women." She teased him lightly. "I'm betting you're starved and we only have an hour to kill. There's a cafe near here that I hear sells /really/ good sandwiches."

"Amazing. Just what I like to hear," Sirius grinned and took her hand, helping her out from behind her desk with a spin and flourish, "I dunno, I guess I just have learned from my friend that just because you are what you are, doesn't mean you're an awful person." He waited until she grabbed her coat and they left, this time he followed her lead, "You're much more confident now that you're in your element. I like it."

"Surrounded by papers, telephones, owls, and wizards?" Shaye laughed as they walked out of the building. She wasn't at all shocked to see them starting to crowd around. She had half of the mind to poke her head back through the door and remind them that they were on a /bad/ short schedule, but....hell, she was on a break. "I'm still a little starstruck." She admitted to him once they mingled in with the crowd, walking towards the cafe. "I thought that whole bar thing was just a one-time deal. Then you asked me to come back." She shrugged. "Did your friend happen to be Remus or was it James?"

"Remus. James is actually the one I'd call normal in our group. Happy family growing up, a wife and kid...Remus had a nice family growing up, but his lycanthropy was hard on him. At last he has us. Then of course there's me, who doesn't have anything crazy except the fact I /might/ be a little mad," he put his thumb and index together in a 'smidge' symbol, "...and yet I had a shit family. There's a reason our posse is called Marauders."

Shaye hummed softly as they got closer to the cafe. It made sense that Remus would be the one to talk about her in a way that made her appear human. "If it was public knowledge that I'm a ghoul, I think your "little mad" would be a "fucking mad" to the masses." She nodded. "But considering that you had a fucked up family, I understand finding a mismatched pack."

"How long have you been working for the Daily Prophet?" Sirius asked as they finally got there, and it seemed like a sudden change of topic but there was a purpose to his question.

"Three years." Shaye said as she opened the door. It was a small, nice hole in the wall. Not many people were crowded around and the atmosphere was gentle and relaxing. A lot of browns and soft beige colors to give a good...homey feel. The smell of coffee was amazing. "I was a student editor at the college for four. I go back and forth for them. The Daily Prophet is money and the college is exposure."

Sirius closed his eyes as he took a deep breath of the coffee scent and they wandered inside to got in line, which was long since it was lunchtime, but it gave them time to talk, "Only three years...so you wouldn't know about me at all from the papers. A good thing, in my opinion. They warped it. At least if you ask, you'll get the truth and it won't be polluted from what you've read."

"Did James dare you to dance on top of a car naked?" Shaye questioned as she glanced at Sirius from the corner of her eye. "Or did he do something even worse than that? Had to be worse." She muttered. "A restaurant where James' ex was. Humiliation all around." She had a sinking feeling in her gut though that it was much worse than a prank gone-wrong. She kind of hoped though that her words put him a little at ease.

"Mm...let's save a serious question like that for our next date...I shouldn't keep bringing it up. I just keep feeling like I want to tell you everything. That's dangerous," Sirius shook his head and shrugged before placing his arm around her shoulders, "This is the first time we've actually been alone, though, and it's nice."

She leaned against his hold with a bright smile on her face. "I'm glad that you like that." She said honestly. "And I can openly say that you look damn good in those robes. Like...I'm pretty sure most of the girls at that booth over there want to jump you and are completely shocked that I'm with you. You look a bad ass Hades and I look like modern-day Persephone."

"Hades, huh? I an roll with that," Sirius snickered, "You do look like Persephone with that flower crown, and your eyes are a bright brown right now. I admit...when I say you that night, I thought your eyes were really cool looking, not creepy."

Shaye's cheeks reddened and she looked up at him. She couldn't believe what she was hearing from him. He had complimented her before, but..."You think my eyes were cool?" She asked, her voice nearly drowned by the ambiance of the cafe. "No one's ever really said that to me before."

Sirius nodded, "That's correct. You looked fierce, which was off-put by your friendly personality so I was more...trying to make sense of the situation than freaked out. Pretty sure Remus thinks your eyes were intriguing as well. After our date on...what was it, Friday or Saturday? You should allow me to bring you home and we can watch movies on my flat screen and we could maybe convince Remus to make popcorn. I burn it."

Shaye's lips curved into a smile. She was kind of surprised about the popcorn, but it'd be fun to wheedle Remus into making it for him. She could imagine how it was a little weird seeing eyes that looked so...fierce suddenly have a smile and a warmth. "I'd like that." She said honestly. "If you want...if it's okay...it'd be awesome to do a sleep over. Actually get to know Remus. I think I asked this...I'm not sure....but are you and Rem poly? I know you two are close."

"He and I have an...interesting relationship. It makes sense to us, and something I'd rather discuss where we're not surrounded by people that may report whatever they overhear. Call be paranoid," he looked at the menu and nodded when he decided what he wanted, "I think I'll get a simple iced java with a few pumps of peppermint and whole milk. What about you?"

"Black coffee." Shaye could understand that. She knew reporters were relentless and if there was a story that came out prior to her working at the Daily Prophet, someone was going to sink their teeth into it. They ordered their drinks and walked towards a booth. "Who taught you how to dance?" It was random, but they had 2 serious conversations already. The more innocent, the better. She could ask those serious questions when Remus was around.

"Along with many other things, it was a required learning technique for proper families and whatnot. Unlike my poor brother, though, who hated it until he got older and got into girls, I thoroughly enjoyed dancing. Then again, I liked the flair I could add to it. I've been able to make girls swoon since I was ten, and took full advantage of it when I went to school. James and I would have random dance sessions out in the courtyard, grabbing girls and giving them a cute twirl or an impromptu waltz in whatever direction they were headed. I enjoy watching people's reactions to the things I do, good or bad. People can make the funniest faces either way."

Shaye laughed, "A little excitement, a little flair." She looked at him with some adoration. She still couldn't believe her luck, still couldn't believe that this was happening right now. "I won't be surprised to hear if you had most of the girl's number or more." She paused. "It's a shame Cassandra is in Germany right now. You two would be....an interesting conversation."

"I don't have a skype, but Remus does," Sirius gave her an amused look, "I have heard this Cassie mentioned here and there. What is she like?"

"A vixen." Shaye deadpanned. "You think I'm kidding? She has a black book of all the guys she's fucked /just/ for black mail purposes. She's sometimes my info broker too. She gives me a lead and I hunt the story, or I give her a story and she hunts me down a good lead to get that story accurate. She's Samuel's and Trevor's sister. Sam and Trevor told her to get married once."

"I bet that went over /very/ well," Sirius laughed, "Well then. I'm glad I'm not that type of guy. I mean, don't get me wrong I have /definitely/ had sex, but she sounds like she's had more one-night stands than she can count on her fingers and toes. I've had maybe five-seven partners myself just because I /really/ needed to get laid or my head was going to explode from stress. Those were usually the nights I got knackered on top of it so I don't remember if they were good or bad."

Shaye laughed again, shaking her head from side to side. She tried to drink her coffee only to start laughing again. "I'm sorry." She giggled, tear starting to appear from the corner of her eyes. "But I'm picturing this in my head and if you were so tired that you had no idea if they were bad or not makes me wonder what would it be like if you were tired and you /knew/ they were awful."

"Oh, mate, I can only imagine. Those might have been the nights where I woke up sore because I did most of the work. I like a lady who can keep up with me and my...wild tendencies," he gave her a wicked smile at that.

"....You and Cassie should definately meet up." Shaye grinned. "I don't know if I have your stamina, but...." She scratched her cheek. "I never been...satisfied? Apparently it's really hard to get me off. So I don't have sex all that often. Then again...they could've been horrible, horrible lays."

"That could be an interesting experience," Sirius drank his java while his hand ghosting over hers, his eyes smoldering as he looked over his cup, "You think I'm insane, don't you, for enjoying my time with you like this? I think...Remus is the only one who's proud so far of my actions, an doesn't think that at all. It proves my tolerance for people in your situation, doesn't it? James is...admittedly creeped out, but he thought you were a nice girl regardless." He set his cup down, drooping a bit at the thought his brother-in-arms didn't exactly support him.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 3:58 am

She shivered when his hand gently brushed against hers and the way his eyes looked at her brought her blood to a boil. She busied herself with drinking the coffee and watched his shoulders drop when he admitted about James. She placed the cup down, her lips pursed. "Not...insane." She said slowly. "It's one of those things where I'm very surprised...very shocked that you haven't called the Hunters on me. Masanori's freaking out about it really. Ever since I met you, he's called me a lot, making sure that I'm not dead....or worse." She smiled a little towards Sirius. "Given what I am, I can't blame James for being creeped out or on edge with me. I mean, I'm basically...a cannibal. Anyone would be a little uneasy after that, wouldn't they?" She shook her head. "Ghouls....just like werewolves....have a lot of stigma behind them. Ghost stories don't help."

"No...but I didn't explain this to you, already? If I were to call the Hunters on you, that'd be a death sentence for Remus, too. I'd never do that to him, so why would I do it to you. You're a person, no matter how you were born. You have feelings, a life. You love and laugh as well as hate and despair. That's all I care about, really. Bloody hell, regular muggles and wizards can be cold-blooded killers and monsters just as much as you could be. I'm sorry, but I don't see the world in black and white," Sirius seethed. He would've thought Masanori would be a bit more open about it because the whole situation of how they met. He /ran with a werewolf/ for Pete's sake!

Shaye had the decency to look ashamed and she took a slower sip of her coffee. He did say that before. "I'm sorry." She murmured softly. "You did say something about that, I...must've forgotten." She gave a weak smile. "Masanori's just..." She took a breath. "He's scared." She murmured. "We're all fighting to live in a world that shuns the different. Hunters are getting more and more aggressive. I'm holding my breath for the day when they break away from the Ministry...and decide to move on their own. It'd be...a near damn war by then. Fear would overcome rational....and it'll be the Salem Witch Trials all over again."

"Which is why I believe the Ministry is keeping such a leash on them," Sirius agreed, "You get your rogues here and there that get pissy, but they're easily dealt with. Doesn't help these Hunters are often human who hate wizards just as much, but they understand we could obliterate them with our power far worse than them getting turned or becoming food." He shrugged, then went back to his drink, "So...we just keep going back to those damnable serious topics. Tell me, why is Cassandra in Germany?"

"Well your name is Sirius so that might be a good reason as to why." Shaye beamed. "Thankfully she's not in Germany to fuck someone. She used to go to school there, she's a witch much like Sam and Trevor are wizards. I don't know if they were in Hogwarts or not." She hummed. "If I remember correctly she got an apprenticeship as a....oh god, it's what you do only with a German name."

"Oh, I getcha. Any idea when she might be returning home? I think I remember Sam and Trevor being in Hogwarts, only two years above us and two years below us respectively, so we didn't interact and didn't remember until we ran into each other at the bar or for Trevor, on patrol," Sirius snickered, "I need to tell James you made that joke, he'll probably get a kick out of it. Remus, too. They tell me 'don't be so serious, Sirius' quite often, actually. Not because I'm being gloomy, but if I'm deep in thought."

"Cassie doesn't give a notice when she comes home really." Shaye shrugged. "It's usually Sam waking up to her outside his window or Trevor opening the door to see her standing there with her bags or...fuck I think Ian had a point in his life where Cassie broke into his house and crashed on the couch, and much to everyone's surprise, Ian didn't even /care/. It was like she did it often so...." She shook her head. "We'll find out when she gets here I guess. I think she'll come by soon...or later. Probably soon, Harely, her niece and Trevor's daughter, has been begging her over Skype...and Cassie can't say no to her only niece and her baby brother."

"Trevor's talked about his baby girl to James. He hopes she and Harry get along in the future, go to school together sort of thing," he agreed and looked at the clock, "Oh no, we should be heading back before you get yelled at for not working on that deadline."

"It's already an hour's passed?!" Shaye had to hold herself back from pouting. She didn't even realize that an hour had disappeared in a flash. "You're too much fun." She said as she slid out of the booth. "I think they'd make good friends." She smiled. "From what I've seen of James and what I know of Trevor, their kids are going to get along swimmingly."

"We have ten minutes to get back, but yeah, walking here at such a slow pace in rush hour with that long line is what took up so much time," Sirius explained, standing up and he offered his hand to her, "We'll have lots more time to chat on our date. I hope you'll be able to focus and put new vigor into your work. What section of the Daily Prophet do you work on, anyway?"

"I flow. Sometimes main stories and other times it's opinion pieces." Shaye nodded. "I'm so excited for that date of ours." She beamed. "I love spending time with you."

"As do I, Shaye," Sirius leaned forward and kissed her cheek, "Let's get you back to the office. I'll keep an eye out the next few days for your articles."

()
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 12:48 pm

Hana was beyond nervous. Only an hour until she had to go to the social service office down the road to visit Kai one last time before they were able to take him in. Masanori already met Kai a few times and fell in love with him instantly. Now it was Ryoko's turn to meet him. So many things could go wrong or right, and Hana tried to think of every situation as if that'd be any help. Kai not liking vampires. Kai thinking vampires were dangerous. Kai thinking that Ryoko was boring. Ryoko thinking that Kai was annoying. Them not getting along...she wanted things to go right. She knew that Ryoko was looking forward to this.

If Kai could swing by Ryoko, then he'd be okay to meet the rest of Fireside. HarleyQ and Kai would be such great role-models for the rest of the world if they could see past the stigma of vampires, angels, and maybe werewolves. Kai was supposedly a pureblood or a half-blood from what paperwork said, bu if he turned out to be a Squib then Hana was prepared for that too. Squibs and muggle-born witches didn't need the negativity either. She wanted her little boy to see the good, not the bad.

"You're going to run into a wall," Masanori drawled, causing her to stop in her tracks.

Hana didn't even realize that she had been pacing. "Sorry, I just...."

Her twin didn't need the extra information. "I know you're worried. Last visit and you'll be a mom." He shrugged. "Not easy doing that when we're associated with more Dark Creatures than we are Witches and Wizards."

"Father would be so angry you'd call them Dark Creatures."

"I was including Mike," Masanori grinned.

"I'll tell him you said that." Hana warned.

He laughed, "Ryoko's fantastic with HarleyQ. What makes you think that Kai's gonna be any different?"

It was true, Ryoko was practically smitten with the little girl. When Cassandra was around, the girls would playfully argue who it was that HarleyQ liked best when it was hands down Matt and Sam. Cassie had the habit of stealing HarleyQ from her room to go sit on the rooftop and Ryoko liked to take her out of Trevor's lap and put her on her own.

"I guess you're right."

"You know I'm right, I'm always right." Masanori grinned as he pointed at her with his glass. "You're gonna raise on hell of a kid, Hana. If he gets into Hogwarts, I'll bet he'll be a Ravenclaw or a Hufflepuff when you're through with him."

"I wouldn't care if he got into Slythern. Not all snakes are bad snakes." Hana pouted. "Marcus isn't."

Marcus was an Auror, but the joke was that he was actually a "lawyer" considering that he made sure that the Wizengrot got their information and that they were proven guilty or innocent by evidence provided.

"Marcus will get on his knees for Eri's food. We know who has his leash." Masanori smirked.

"Tell that to his fiance." Hana shout back.

"Jessica knows that too. I wouldn't be surprised if she occasionally begs Eri to hold the fort since she knows how to control Marcus' stomach." He waved it off. "But we're getting off track....or wait does Marcus know you're adopting?"

"I might've mentioned it to Raiden." Hana rubbed her lips together. "I didn't exactly beg for a shower."

"Yeah, Marcus is going to be tossing one then when you have Kai home. Better warn the kid that Uncle Marcus likes to throw money." Masanori groaned. "We're not having it here."

"Probably Fireside, that way he can meet everyone and Shaye." Hana mused, tapping her finger to her chin.

"Speaking of Shaye, where's Ryoko?"

"Probably getting ready...she's just as nervous as I am." Hana admitted. "I thought about inviting Shaye too, but...I didn't want to overwhelm Kai."

"Or Shaye." Masanori sighed.

She recognized that sigh. "She tell you about the impromptu coffee date?"

"She did. I kept my mouth shut," he quickly shut down the glare that Hana was about to give him. "She's floating on cloud nine, I'm not gonna bring her down. She really thinks she hit home-run with Sirius."

"She did hit a home-run, and she'll hit it again if you tell her otherwise." Hana warned. "She knows you're suspicious about Sirius, and it hurts her that you don't trust her judgement."

Masanori pursed his lips. "James doesn't like it either."

"But I know for a fact that James is more open-minded." Hana pointed out. "He's gonna do everything he can to get used to her and if that means tossing her into a babysitting gig-"

"What?"

"-Then that's what he's gonna do." Hana paused. "I don't think he's done that yet, but...last I heard it was a thought. Lily thinks its a good idea."

"Homewrecker. You need a job rather than gossiping on the streets." Masanori snorted.

"Because I can get information faster than Cassandra can get laid?" Hana batted her eyes and then heard loud footsteps and she turned to see Ryoko. "Oh..." She gasped softly at how her sister looked. "You look gorgeous."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:52 pm

"I heard that about Cassandra," Ryo laughed, "Nice comeback," she grinned and hopped off the last step all giddy. Her hair was down from it's usual ponytail, the tips brushing her thighs, but to keep it out of her face she had a clip holding half of it back. She had simple small silver hoop earrings that had a twist effect to them, a dusting of blue-silver eye shadow with darker blue eyeliner creating a winged effect, and shimmery pink gloss on her lips.

Her outfit was a white t-shirt underneath a blue knit sweater, and light blue pants with darker blue flats that had rhinestones across the toes. She stopped next to Hana and beamed at her, "I'm ready when you are!"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:04 pm

"Okay. We'll Apparate there." She walked over to Ryoko and hooked her arm with the vampire's. "See you soon Masa!" Before he could reply, there was a loud crack and they had disappeared in thin air.

The arrived just a few blocks away from the Social Office and she made sure that she had landed in an alleyway so that it wouldn't be so suspicious. Thank god that she had got her license do that. "Okay. Let's go." She said, gesturing Ryoko to follow her out of the alleyway and into the bright light. "Thank kami that you don't burn too much."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:49 pm

"I know," Ryo giggled and she put her sunglasses on before following Hana. She didn't know much about what was going on, just that they were going to get Kai for one more supervised visit before he could go alone with them, and then everything was going to be finalized. "I'm so excited for you, Hana. You've really bonded with Kai."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:12 pm

"I'm so nervous and excited." Hana agreed as they walked towards the office. "Kai's such a sweetheart. You'll love him, I'm sure." She smiled warmly at her adoptive sister and gripped her hand tightly. "I told him a little of Fireside, but I made sure not to tell him about vampires, angels, and stuff." She said. "I really, really hope you bond with him too Ryoko. I want you to feel comfortable, like he's apart of the family with no need to hide. I'd never want you to be ashamed of what you are. At all. I know Kai would have questions when he figures out everything and is told the whole story. I just..." She gripped tightly. "I just worry."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:57 pm

"It'll all be okay, Hana," Ryo giggled and they walked inside the building, gripping her hand back, "I love you and I'll love him just as much. He'll be my wonderful nephew and I'm going to spoil him rotten." Hana got to someone who was able to go grab Kai for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx   Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adventures with the Marauders W/Lynx
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next