Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynx-Tiger

Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 10:23 pm

Vince remembered that. He remembered how Angelina's electricity went out of control. When the voices got to be too loud in her head and she couldn't figure out what was what anymore. He remembered how she was paranoid about Calla...and River. How she stuck to Calla like glue a day before the big show down between Calla and River's boyfriend came down. He remembered when Angelina begged River not to go with the guy, and she wound up in the hospital, lying that she tripped and fell.

"I want to say Angel's future seer, but you and I both know that's wrong. Do you think the voices tell her things?" Vince questioned. "Or do you think Angel's just that well attuned to bad things?" If anyone deserved some peace...Angelina was Vince's first vote. "Bad things" had numbers and levels for her.

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 10:31 pm

"Intuition? Though I really don't know. I never asked her because it hasn't occurred to me until recently. I'm a bad boyfriend. I'll talk to her tomorrow about it," Dylan nodded firmly, "Is there anything you would like me to ask her in particular? About the girls? Talk to her about Steve and Bucky and ask her opinion?"
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 10:46 pm

"If you want. Angel's kind of our crazy voice of reason." Vince smiled sadly. "Hey Dylan...you're not a bad boyfriend. You do so much for her and I know she's crazy about you. When you see her, ask if she wants to hang out with a group of new people. I know it's hard, but I also know Angelina will probably want to meet them."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:07 pm

"I'll be sure to do that. Thanks, Vince. You know me, I just wonder if I can do more," Dylan shrugged, then turned back to his computer to load up a game on steam, leaving Vince to finally get up from the couch to take a shower and get into pjs.

~*~

Knowing just when Angelina would be awake and then ready to play, Dylan was already at her doorstep for her studio apartment. She was on the bottom floor with a sliding glass door, so it was very easy to get in and out. She was there before he knocked with a bright smile and they were even high school sweethearts, but that smile always gave him a warm fuzzy feeling in his stomach and chest that just made him smile back. It even worked with he was dead tired from work or sick off his ass. He just adored this little woman of his so god damn much, and when she opened the door for him he swept her into a hug, lifting her up and delighting in her squeal, "Hey, Angie!" he greeted cheerily.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:20 pm

"Hello!" Angelina beamed as she squeezed his neck and let him twirl around. "Are we going outside today or are we staying indoors?" She asked curiously. "You told me that we were doing things." She was let go and she looked at him. "You have bunches of questions."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:31 pm

"I do," Dylan nodded to her, "How about we go for a nice walk? Lock up your apartment, sweet cheeks, and we'll go. It's nice out today for July. The sun isn't going to bake our skin off," he joked.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:36 pm

"Your fault." Angelina snipped as she happily walked through her studio to find her key. She always hid her keys underneath the mattress in the pull bed that the wall had when she was home. When she wasn't and she knew she'd be back, she liked finding new and unusual hide-aways for her keys. It made Calla happy when she couldn't find them and had to ask Angelina for help. It meant that Angelina was safe. For that time being. "You didn't bring sunscreen." She followed Dylan out on the balcony and locked up her door. Her front one already locked anyway.

"So why do you have many questions? Did Vince get drunk and start asking the hard questions?" Angelina questioned. "Or is it something more? More." She mused. "Vince's drunk questions aren't serious. Well, too serious." She amended.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:51 pm

"Haha, no, he just came home from work and heaved a long sigh and said how happy he was Calla and River have boyfriends now after a month of pining. It went downhill from there. Talked about River's bleeding heart and Calla's insecurity thanks to /those people/." Dylan shook his head, chuckling and slung an arm around her shoulders, leading her off towards the sidewalk, going in some random direction, no destination in mind, just talking. They would find things to do as they went. "Steve Rogers and James 'Bucky' Barnes. Army soldiers, special ops but won't explain further than that. Both've had magic boosters manufactured by the government and can't get drunk. Steve's plant. Bucky's a mystery. Magic or he just is finicky about telling what his element is."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:55 pm

"Sounds fun." Angelina mused. "I don't know about Army types. Maybe good. Maybe bad. I'll have to meet them to know for sure. You haven't met them either. Vince is ahead of the game. Probably always will be since he hangs with River and Calla a lot." She wrapped her arm around his waist, slipping her hand into his pocket and stayed in step with him. "Magic. Elementals don't have to hide. Unless he's a shadow user. They like to pretend to be mysterious. They're only annoying." She rolled her eyes. "River and Calla deserve happiness. They both been hurt bad. We should do a lunch with them. A triple date." She paused. "Or would that be too much? Should we do a double for both of them? Probably. More than likely. Less to get confused. Less to get upset with."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 11:58 pm

"Vince told me to ask you if you wanted to do a group hang out," Dylan explained, "If you want to get to know them more personally first before that, we can do double dates to start, your pick of people. I /never/ want to overwhelm you and you haven't had to deal with crowds in a while."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 12:02 am

Angelina nodded slowly. Crowds were the bane of her existence and Dylan knew that. Which was why they always stayed within quiet places. Sometimes, when Angelina was feeling up to it, they go to the mall or somewhere noisy and she let loose for a bit, but...crowds were very taxing on her. "Who should we ask first? River and Bucky or Calla and Steve? I don't think it matters which." Angelina said slowly. "Group thing...could be fun. Don't want to do it if they're strangers though. Bad idea." She frowned deeply.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 12:17 am

"I understand, sweet cheeks," Dylan leaned down and kissed her head, "I do have something more specific...for you. You've been restless, Angie. You've only been restless before...before bad things happened and then you ended up in the 'quiet place'."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 12:59 am

"With the chatty walls and the seeing eyes." Angelina sadly bowed her head and she slipped her hand out of Dylan's pocket to attach to his waist. "Things are hitting the fan again." She agreed. "Best to meet them sooner, than later cuz later won't happen. Not for a long time." She squeezed and relaxed her grip. "We should meet River and Bucky." She said after a moment.

"I can shoot River a text and we can do that tonight? I just...wanted to ask, about whether or not you're intuition is bullshit or if there's something more. I never...asked, and I should've," Dylan sighed, squeezing her shoulder tightly.

"Tonight's alright if they say yes." Angelina nodded and frowned. "If my intuition was that good, the quiet place would be quiet." She assured gently. "Voices aren't always in my head. They're in yours too. They're in everyone's."

"All...your life? Or...did it develop over time? I know some abilities do that, manifest or evolve," Dylan hummed, tilting his head. They stopped at a crosswalk and waited for the light before continuing on. Angelina wouldn't feel the need to change for any sort of date, let alone a blind one. He pulled out his phone and shot River a text asking if she was free and then slipped it back in his pocket while he waited.

"Hmm." Angelina slipped her hand back into his pocket. "Don't know. Don't remember. Possibly all my life. Possibly over time. Memory problems do that." She squeezed, playfully before letting go. "It's why the walls are chatty and eyes see." She explained. "No one likes it when I'm able to know what's being said before they say it. Doctors get nervous. Nurses unsure. It's why they hold me longer than normal. I tried the silent route for a long time. Doesn't work. Makes them worry more." She rolled her eyes. "People. People are strange, Dyl-dal. They want things and when they get them, they get frightened. Magic users are one thing. Elements and mermaids another. Lucky charms. Prized possessions. Or maybe we're insane in the head. It's all relative. At least, to me it is. River might not think so. Optimist."

Dylan...laughed heartily at that, "We can't make up our minds, I agree, and she /is/ an Optimist..." he suddenly trailed off when his phone dinged, saying she was most definitely free and was ecstatic to see him if he wanted to. He felt bad. They really hadn't hung out much recently. He texted her again saying she should contact her new boy toy and ask if he was willing to double date. Once again his phone entered his pocket, "What am I? What do you think of the way I think?"

Angelina smiled warmly. "You love me." She sang. "You adore me. You think I am the sun and you are the garden, whatever that means." She looked at him lovingly. "You don't see me as a nut case. You don't see me as someone to be pitied. You let me live by myself. You see me often as you can. You play video games with me. You play board games with me. Hell you play card games with me. You make me happy by being with me. You don't think cruely or sadly. You think of me. As me." She again slipped her hand out of his pocket to give him another squeeze around the waist. "I love you."

Dylan could only beam like he had when he'd arrived at her door, hugging her back tightly, "As you know I love you, too, Angie." A few minutes of very content silence before his phone went off again, and they went from there.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 3:36 am

It took her an hour. A pretty long time, considering she had been stopping by the island more and more and was beginning to become familiar with things. Angelina would be jealous, but they were military and also had a lot more places to stash things. One of the rocks in the circular flower bed to the left blended well with the rest, almost seamlessly, but...it didn't sparkle in the sunlight with natural flakes like the others. That had been her tip-off.

Strolling inside, Calla hummed to herself until she realized...there was absolutely no one around. Bucky and River were on a double date with Dylan, told to her by Steve. She had forgotten that while she searched. It was just Steve here...and that put a thrill she shouldn't have through her. Talk...they could talk with no chance of someone walking in on them.

That put the question in her head...where would /Steve/ be? She tried to remember her tour...and thought about the conservatory. It took a few turn-arounds before she managed to find the black paneled glass doors, and she pushed them open. Only to immediately know just who's world she'd set foot in. It was...so /not/ fair, the things it did to her magic, how it made her fingertips tingle and the rest of her body...she shuddered and shook her head, moving further in, the doors closing behind her with a gentle /click/.

Steve hummed as he felt the petals of the roses that were blooming beautifully in the corner of the conservatory, far away from the door but further away from direct sun. He could feel the plant's life coursing through it's leaves and petals, letting him know what they needed to keep living. Plants had a "voice", and the voice told him everything. Sometimes, if lucky, he could hear conversations that took place within the walls. He was a bit surprised to know that someone walked in to this garden. It wasn't Bucky, because the plants would have swooned. The plants didn't know who this stranger was. They didn't know whether or not they should try to keep this person from walking in, or if they should let them walk through. Steve hummed again, letting his magic flow, just a little bit through the ground. He could feel a source of magic respond back. The person who walked in was a magic user. Not an elemental. So River was automatically off the list. Calla? Did she find the key? Or was it someone a little more dangerous? No. The plants were confirming female. So whoever it was...was a girl. Calla was more certain. "You know, my territory isn't a maze. You should find me easy enough." Steve called.

"Sorry!!!" Calla called, sounding embarrassed, "It's just so /amazing/ in here! So many pretty flowers! Oh, Angelina would /love/ this!" It took another minute, but she finally rounded the corner that revealed a sitting arrangement of only a small white round table and two chairs, tools and a watering can on the table for easy access. She saw Steve's hands were /cake/ with dirt, and his clothes were clearly grunge wear that he didn't care about. The holes in the jeans were from age and being well used rather than a fashion statement and his white shirt wasn't even white anymore, mixed with mud and even paint. God, he was so sexy.

"You did find the key." Steve beamed proudly and retracted his magic. "Angelina. Is she the double date that Bucky and River are with right now? Bucky was kind of excited and nervous about it." He rubbed the back of his neck, smearing the mud across his skin. "New people. I'm sorry, would you like to sit? Do you want me to grab tea or anything?"

"I'm sure if I wanted to sit I wouldn't need to ask," Calla smirked a little at him, "Though, I might ask /you/ to sit down with me. You look like you haven't taken a breather in at least an hour or so. Yes, by the way, Angelina and Dylan were high school sweethearts. I keep saying they should get married already."

"Why don't they?" Steve asked as he followed her to the small sitting area and sat down with her. "Then again, I guess that's a rude question. Considering that Bucky and I are pretty much in the same boat. Childhood friends turned lovers, so I think I have them beat on timeline."

"Not that gay couples became more socially accepted until the last five years," Calla shrugged, "Dylan's...shy. Like, super goddamn shy. Vince complained to me that Dylan called himself a bad boyfriend again last night when they chatted. He keeps putting off asking because each time he wants to something happens. Poor guy can't catch a break."

Steve frowned deeply. "That's awful. I'm glad that Vince was able to convince him he's not a bad boyfriend. I understand waiting for the perfect moment. I think Angelina is happy to do that too. Are they classmates that you met in school, or...how did you meet these two?"

"School," Calla agreed, "We were all heathens. I'm pretty sure I told you, but that's fine." She leaned back in her chair, "You should probably wash of your hands before you get mud on your face from that face-rub thing you do. You could use the water can, I don't think the plants would mind if their water isn't exactly fresh. Would they?"

Steve snorted. "I can use the hose like a decent person," he teased, "I don't really use a watering can. Too many of them." He gestured to the flowers. "Only when I'm mixing plant food or one of the flowers are sick do I use it." He stood up and walked over to the coiled up hose and gently turned it on. "So tell me a little about them. I know a lot about Vince, mostly from him talking a lot. But I never heard you talk about Dylan or Angelina. They're not close?"

"Not as close as Vince, no, but also because of Angelina. She is just as much of a loner as Dylan. She's...okay, you didn't hear it from me," Calla had to remind herself they were /alone/, she wouldn't be outed for sharing personal information unless Steve slipped, "She was diagnosed with schizophrenia. She's been to the mental hospital and their solitary confinement twice because of breakdowns. They like to keep to themselves more because of it."

"Oh...wow." Steve couldn't imagine how hard that had to be. "This has to be a pretty big deal, if she's asking River and Bucky for a double date then...." He looked down for a moment and looked back up at Calla. "That has to be really hard on them both. No wonder Dylan can't find a good moment." He sighed. "I don't have anything mentally wrong with me. Well...I mean before the war." He amended. "I had nothing but physical sicknesses that kept me strapped to the bed. Bucky had to work back-breaking hours when we were older and living together in order to keep us afloat for a while. Until I hit my growth spurt and until I got the magic boost, I was dependent on him. I was...I was very frustrated but he never left my side. It's not the same thing. But I get the feeling that Angelina must get frustrated, too."

"I wouldn't doubt that for a minute," Calla said firmly, "I feel as though you and her would get along famously, just for that comment." Heck, she felt her own admiration grow. He was such a good guy dealt a lot of the wrong cards at the beginning and yet he still made it, Bucky with him nearly every step of the way, and now the roles were reversed. "Your story with him is such a roller-coaster that likes to play with the heartstrings," she laughed softly, "Every time you tell me something new it just takes my breath away."

Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 12:11 pm

"We are the love story of the century." Steve smiled gently. "Lucky for you and River, you're now apart of that. If you want it." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Speaking of if you want it, you were going to tell me something during that double date. Did you want me to forget about it?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 1:34 pm

"I have a sensitive head," Calla held up a finger to let him know she wasn't avoiding it. This was a lead-up, "It takes me about twenty minutes in the morning to brush my hair, unless I have it in a braid overnight so it doesn't tangle, which is most nights, and that's another reason why it's so wavy besides that it's naturally so. A lot of the time I have River do it. Somehow she's able to get it all done in ten and I barely feel a thing."

Calla shifted, looking down for a second, "You know...River was abused, and I was hurt...very badly. What you don't know...is that those buddies of River's last boyfriend? One of them was also my boyfriend. I like smart people, and he was handsome and not so much nerdy, but liked science and biology and things like that. He /was/ going to become an actual scientist somewhere, or even a coroner so he could examine dead bodies, he was torn."

A hallow laugh escaped her and she found she was standing up. She didn't /want/ to curl in on herself in the chair. She was past that, damn it! Yet, she hadn't talked about it in a long time. She walked over to one of the flower bushes, but didn't touch, just leaned down and took a whiff, making a happy noise, "Hydrangeas have such a sweet aroma, it's one of the reasons they are my favorite. Rose's scent are just so subtle, I don't care for them much. I do like the peach or orange ones, though, and yellow."

Sighing heavily, Calla turned back to him, feeling a little better with the distraction before she continued her story, "He would grab and pull my hair. Bunch it up in his fist and pull me close enough I could feel his breath on my ear and cheek while he whispered to me. Shouting...after a while you can tune it out and expect it, but, there's something about whispering...your ears automatically train on the sound, needing, /wanting/ to hear what the words are, even if you...if you know they're bad..." she trailed off and looked at her toes.

"You and Bucky...you wonder...why I can't take a goddamn compliment?" she scuffed her feet on the floor, "If River's boyfriend was controlling? He let me continue as I wanted. He did a lot of research so he was busy anyway, but he...would judge me at every turn and corner and only tell me in those moments where he grabbed me, so I would have to think back on what I did as he mentioned it."

Calla looked up again, "So there you have it. My story. My abuse was more mental than physical, though he did beat me along with River's until Vince showed up and scared them off. I went to the hospital for a little while, just so they could patch up my broken rib - yes, it was broken, it's not just a scar for nothin' - but they can't force you to stay, and I just...wanted to go home." It wasn't lost on her that the entire time, Steve had stood there, the hose thankfully turned off a long time ago, but his face was level. Not stone, not cold, just level. It was a very good mask, and it made her worry. Just how angry did she make him? His jaw ticked, his Adam's Apple bobbed, and his fingers twitched, but he was level. He was processing everything she said little by little.

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 6:38 pm

"That doesn't mean that what you went through wasn't any less traumatic. Bucky's right. It's a good thing that they're not here." Steve said slowly as he stood up. He was careful, not really because he thought Calla was in a fragile mindset, but because he didn't want to come across as someone that was going to hurt her. Because he needed to breathe before he really did do something.

"I should be counting my lucky stars that you're willing to try a relationship again." Steve continued. "That you're not afraid to jump back in the water. Hesitant, but you're still willing to try."

Calla nodded, "It's been two years since then, so...I think it's time. River and I have tried very hard to improve and come back from it. Vince has been our therapy, and Dylan and Angelina very supportive. The longer it's been, the less chance they'll come back, too."

"The more I hear about Dylan and Angelina, the more I want to meet them." Steve admitted as he sat back down. He needed a different topic of discussion and latching on to those two seemed to be a good idea. "They sound like good people to have in your corner." /And I should thank them./ Steve thought to himself.

Calla took another sniff of the flowers before she came and sat down again as well, "They are. They like to video game, too. It keeps them entertained and busy. Vince does, too, though he mainly plays games he can stream. Maybe next week on Dylan's next day off will be our turn."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 8:50 pm

River could see why Angelina would pick this restaurant and where they were sitting. The restaurant had a beautiful outdoor patio with fairy lights strung on the the fences and inside the garden. Tables were isolated enough so that conversations couldn't carry well unless a person had a very loud voice.

River knew that neither Angelina nor Dylan were really much into fancy, let alone dressing up. Angelina rarely dressed up in anything other than jeans and a shirt. Dylan the same. River did her best to look casual, a silver and black mini skirt, midnight blue flats, and a black top that showed off her shoulder. Her tattoo on display. She told Bucky to also dress casually.

"Oh pretty!" Angelina gushed when River approached. "When did you get that?!"

"A few weeks ago." River blushed as she looked down at her leg. "Do you like it?"

"I love it." Angelina said in a hushed whisper and turned to Dylan. "Tattoos or piercings?"

Dylan clicked his tongue, "You fidget too much. Piercings are a better bet. We can get you fake ones for you to figure out what you don't like first. Talk to me before you put holes in your body for real."

Angelina stuck her tongue out playfully at Dylan and blinked when she heard a low voice call out and River spun. This man that approached the table had very dark, sad thoughts going around his mind, but his expression was happy and joyful albeit confused as all hell. "Hey, Buck." River greeted, hugging him tightly. "These are Vince's friends. This is Dylan." She gestured to Dylan. "And this sweetheart is Angelina."

"You shouldn't shake me with your left arm." Angelina warned. "But I can shake with your right if that's better."

"Weirdo." River sighed.

Dylan watched as Bucky paled, staring at her with a slightly slack jaw and his ocean blue eyes terrified. It really only lasted for two seconds before he snapped back into the cheerful fellow that strode in, "I hang with Vince too much, god damn..." he muttered, "Being his roommate will do that, I guess."

Buck shook Angelina's hand and then sat down next to River after shaking Dylan's. His casual consisted of black jeans and boots with the dark red shirt that River had helped him pick out the day at the mall, no jacket, arm glamoured since it was short-sleeved, "It's nice to meet you both. I've only heard a little here and there about you."

"It's okay. We heard nothing about you." Angelina assured. "So we're all on the same page. Kind of." She tapped her finger to her lips. "I think this where we're supposed to start twenty questions, but that's boring and would you rather would suck cuz you can't get drunk. River told me that." She folded her hands on the table. "So I guess we just ask questions. If I come up with a game to go along with that, we can play."

"Angelina likes games." River explained, though it really didn't need to be explained. "Dylan likes books. In between them they have like this huge amount of nerds going around."

"I like the pink nerds rather than grape." Angelina said seriously. "Calla likes giving us those for Halloween candies."

"I like the green watermelon ones myself," Bucky agreed, smiling, glad to find one thing in common so far, "What /is/ your favorite holiday? I don't really have one."

"Can't chose or just don't like them?" Dylan arched a brow.

"Don't like them much...crowds and loud noises. I did okay on Steve's birthday, though, the fourth. I was really happy about that," he admitted.

"I don't like crowds either." Angelina agreed solemnly. "Too many voices. It's annoying. Also, touch. I don't like it when they push up against me. Makes me feel blocked in. Caved in. Can't stand it." She was thoughtful. "I like Halloween. Dylan and I can cosplay and no one bats an eye."

"You cosplay anyway, Angel." River giggled. "You dress up as random characters all the time."

"Yes, but this time I have reasons." Angelina smiled brightly. "They can't look at me freakily. What's your favorite?"

River frowned. "I don't know. I think...maybe...well...." She looked thoughtful. "Birthdays are interesting. But my favorite holiday has to be Christmas."

"You do like to be petted, as long as it's by friends," Dylan smiled as he patted Angelina's head and twisted some hair between his fingers, kissing it sweetly, "My favorite holiday...probably St. Patrick's day. I like green."

"Christmas?" Bucky looked at River curiously, "I know you told me autumn tides, but did you ever pick a birthday or did Calla? St. Patrick's day is a fun one, mainly because Steve's actually part Irish."

"October 24th." River said proudly. "I picked it myself since if I wanted to go to human school I needed a firm date and year. Luckily years are easy to get. Just minus this year with your age and your set."

Angelina smiled brightly. "So you know that they can tell months by the tides? That's good. Last guy didn't know what an "autumn tide" was. Let alone that they have /names/ for the moons." She rolled her eyes. "Okay. So." She clapped her hands together. "Dream job?"

"I did quite a bit of research on mermaids, actually, and I've seen River in her mermaid form. I'm just a sci-fi nut anyhow, though, so some of the things like Harvest Moon and whatnot I already knew," Buck shrugged, "Dream job...owning a mechanic shop slash boat repair. Have it on the beach on a platform with it's own dock so boats can come in, but the other half would be for cars. Steve always asks me to fix the yacht when something is making weird noises."

"That...sounds like it would suit you very well, actually," Dylan blinked at him, "Why haven't you? You live on an /island/, for crying out loud. You have the money."

"In order to do something, I have to /want/ to do it. To be inspired enough and passionate enough to do something about it. I haven't wanted to, so I haven't done it," Buck explained simply, "However, a lot of things are starting to change, and I might just want to start building it at least."

Angelina nodded. "Things are changing. Changing quickly too. I think being a mechanic would be good for you. I think that you need to work with your hands again." She swung her legs back and forth. "Maybe you should do it on the mainland. Island shouldn't be used for business. Not because it's your property," she shook her head from side to side. "But to discourage people from trespassing."

"That's what I was thinking, too. Kind of a pain to get a car over there anyway," Buck agreed.

Dylan looked up when their waitress came over and he ordered his usual, Angelina and River doing the same, and Buck just shrugged and ordered the same thing as River. The waitress headed off again, but not before giving Bucky a backwards glance. He smirked a bit, since Bucky was clearly more focused on River, leaning over to peck a quick kiss on her cheek, "Aw, ain't that cute."

River blushed a bright red. "Says the two of you. Didn't you two get "Sweetest Couple" back in senior year?"

"Horrible." Angelina wrinkled her nose up. "I think I was tied between Sweetest Couple, and most likely to go bonkers."

"Honey you were already bonkers, there's really no point in giving you a reward for it." River replied taking a sip of her soda.

Angelina beamed proudly and curiously tilted her head at River. "That reminds me. I still have that owl to finish."

River snapped her fingers, "Oh man I knew I should've brought it." She turned to Bucky. "Angelina is my student in the world of stitchery. She does watercolor sometimes with Calla, but she does cross stitching with me. She really likes."

"When I'm done with an owl, I should make you a pokemon." Angelina said solemnly. "Have you seen her bedroom yet? It's filled with pokemon and romance books-"

"No it's not! Angel!" River blushed again.

"Maybe not the romance novels." Angelina conceded. "But you have a lot of pokemon crochet projects. /And/ stuffed animals. Did he see your fox collection yet?"

Bucky grinned, "Neither Steve nor I have been upstairs in their store yet. Steve's at least seen the kitchen. They mostly come over to our place, and he and I are pretty spartan. Not a whole lot of knick-knacks. It'd be fun to see what you have," he told River, "You like foxes? I find it funny since Steve called you one, remember?" He looked at Angelina, "Have you done any other cross-stitch except for the owl?"

"A lot of simple ones, she gets fidgety so if it's something big she gets irritated. She could never do a tapestry because she'd find something else to do," Dylan tilted his head at River, "Speaking of, when I stopped in there last, I saw a big piece was completed. You must've had an insomniac moment."

"I Skyped with her one night when she was. She was working on a duck gift for a neighbor," Bucky mused, "I really should stop by the store and scout it out."

River's cheeks burned and Angelina beamed as she turned to Bucky. "You should." She said fiercely. "She has moments where she has a creative spark and she does everything. Calla too. Those are the days to really go scouting. But I don't know. You don't look like an art person. You look like someone that just appreciates it."

"There's nothing wrong with that." River frowned.

"No." Angelina agreed. "But it means that a lot of stories aren't gonna be told. That's okay. I don't like big projects." She turned the conversation on a dime. "That's why my focus is on video games. Easy. Always changing too and it keeps you interested cuz the whole story isn't told until you complete it. Even then, depending on the game and how you complete it, the story ending changes."

"Those stories are the best. Makes you want to replay it over and over to see what it's like," Dylan gushed.

"I know River plays the Fates and some other games...do they have good stories?" Bucky tilted his head, not entirely sure, "I'm not into gaming much, either, really..." Geez, the more he talked to them the more he realized how damn /boring/ his life had been until then. Reading books, gardening, swimming, cooking on and off...it was repetitive, and knowing these people changed the pattern.

"Video games aren't everyone's thing. You look like a board game person." Angelina snapped her fingers. "That's what we can do for the group." She looked at Dylan. "Games and drinks."

"They can't get drunk." River pointed out gently.

"Doesn't matter. I can't drink anyway. Can't be more nutty than I already am." Angelina smiled brightly. "But Dylan and Vince and you and Calla can."

"Oh I see. This is payback isn't it?"

Angelina's eyes lit up. "Why would I do that?"

Laughing at that, Bucky smirked at her, "You're not an Angel, either. Far from. Board games sound like a lot of fun. I'm not really a monopoly type, just saying that right now."

"No one is." Angelina assured. "Clue is my favorite game. I like the mystery. So is Taboo." She grinned. "You haven't played many games coming home have you?"

"No I haven't, you're right," he nodded. Their drinks arrived and they were assured their food would be there shortly before the waitress left again. Glancing over, he looked River over for the second time that day, but this time noticed her tattoo was on display, "Oh wow, it looks a lot better now that the skin isn't all red and swollen."

"It's gorgeous isn't it?" River preened as she looked down at her thigh. "The more I look at it the more...safe I feel? Does it make sense?" Angelina gripped Dylan's hand underneath the table, resting it on his thigh as she listened.

"It makes a lot of sense, honey," Buck soothed, reaching up and brushing her hair from her face, "You picked such a wonderful tattoo. The colors work together so well, it's great."

Dylan hummed and gripped it back, watching the two of them and how they looked at each other. It was so serene. Bucky was so proud of her it was all over his face.

"This makes me floaty." Angelina melted onto the table, watching Bucky and River with a big, big grin on her face. "I think you're gonna be just okay B.B. You're stuck with us now."

River beamed proudly. "Now we just need Steve."

"Maybe. But I think B.B's a favorite." Angelina agreed.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 10:28 pm

"Angelina and Dylan are very casual, by the way," Buck told Steve as he looked through Steve's twelve styles of khaki pants and cargos and shorts, trying to help him find an outfit. Steve was just so freakin' stylish compared to his own wardrobe.

Steve frowned deeply as he looked at his clothes. Casual he could do, but..."I would guess they would be. What was she like?" He looked picked up one of the shirts and sighed. "What was Dylan like?"

"Dylan was quiet, letting Angelina talk most of the time, though when he spoke it was always something relevant or had a point to it. He doesn't speak needlessly. Angelina talks about anything and everything. She'll say things that'll make you think, and ask random questions and switch topics on you. I would say she has ADHD," Bucky hummed and glanced at the shirt Steve picked out, looked out the window, and threw his boyfriend a pair of cargo shorts, "It looks like it's suffocating outside, wear that and one of your breathable silk shirts instead of cotton." He paused, and then added, "She made the specification that she would rather shake my right hand instead of my left. I don't know if she can tell it moves different, or if she can see through glamour. Some can. At least she didn't outright out me. She was respectable."

"No. Not ADHD." Steve said as he picked up the shirt and shrugged out of his. "Calla...told me what she has." He wondered if it was okay. He didn't think that it would hurt. Bucky already suspected. "She's...she's really sick, Buck. Not physically. But there's things upstairs that aren't...aren't right. Calla told me that she has schizophrenia. Probably a very severe case of it."

Steve placed the shirt on and continued. "They sound like nice people. From what Calla told me, they were pretty supportive back when her and River were being abused. I think Angelina wound up in the hospital around that time. She's been there twice. She also told me that they were highschool sweethearts. Yet to marry because she's so sick. It's sad, but they remind me of you and I back when I was really sick."

"You shouldn't call her sick, Stevie," Bucky gave him a sidelong glance, "She's just like any other person. A few crossed wires? That's fine. As long as she doesn't pick up a knife and start hurting herself or others, I think she's okay. Dylan's a wonderful support for her. Just...keep your mind open. Talk to her like you didn't know any of that. Honest questions will get you honest answers. Oh, she is River's student for embroidery and stitching and stuff. She said she was working on an owl, ask if she's done with it yet," he smiled softly, "I'm sure you'll have a good time."

Steve smiled warmly at Bucky. "Sorry. You're right." He took a breath. "So am I casual enough for your taste?"

"Never. You still look like you could dominate a runway," Bucky stuck his tongue out at him but sauntered over and gave him a hug and a noisy smooch on the lips, "Mwah. Throw on your sandals and get out of here or you'll be late."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 12:37 am

"Angel! Just a bit more!" Calla shouted to the white haired girl as she waved at her to move further back. They were tossing a softball back and forth at each other while Dylan was lounging on the red and white classic picnic cloth on the grass, prepping things for when Steve got there.

"Getting tired?" Angel called back as she ran after the ball that Calla threw. River couldn't throw for anything so Angelina was kind of glad that Calla offered to play catch with her while they waited for Steve. She caught the ball and let out a cheer before throwing it back across the yard. "I see a blond!"

Dylan glanced up in time to see Steve jogging towards them, barely breaking a sweat even in the blistering heat. The picnic blanket was thankfully under a well-shaded favorite tree of theirs and he waved, "At least you don't look like you're about to burst into flames. I fear if Bucky stepped outside he would. He /looks/ like a vampire, geez," he said when he was close enough.

"That's why River's dating him and not me." Steve replied easily enough. "She's the one that knows how to bring them out of their liar. I was just the unfortunate soul that managed to walk into a trap."

Dylan cracked up, "I love that! You know, It's usually flipped. Calla likes her tall dark and handsome and River likes the pretty boy blonds, but you two throw everything for a loop. It's wonderful. Sit! I just finished laying out all of our food. We have grilled salmon since River's not here and grilled chicken, made before we came to the park, along with lots of juicy fruits and a couple veggies. There's potatoes and steak, too."

Steve grinned as he sat down and watched Angelina and Calla play catch for a bit longer. "We all work out. Bucky's a sci-fi nut, so if he didn't get River, and I did, he'd be pouting for the years to come. She's good with him. Good for him. He's smiling more and that's all I could ever ask for. So how did you and Angelina get together? What was the thing that made you guys click?"

"She was the new girl at school in seventh grade and was really shy, and we had a lot of our classes together, and partnered a lot. That's how we started getting to know each other, anyway. When we were fifteen I gave her a flower on a movie date and she accepted it, saying she'd love to be my girlfriend," Dylan beamed at Steve, then glanced over to Angelina with an adoring expression on his face, "I keep learning new things about her, all these years later."

Steve smiled brilliantly and couldn't help but to ask. "Calla told me that marriage was on the table?" He tilted his head a little. "I'm not trying to pressure." He promised. "I'm more or less the very definition of "curious killed the cat". I think that's why Bucky went on the tour with me. To make sure I didn't get myself blown up from asking dumb questions."

"Haha, impulsive sounds more like it. I remember...reading yahoo news about how a soldier saved a bunch of people from another unit a few years back. Not a lot of details, not even names, just praise. I put two and two together once I heard about your story from Calla," Dylan leaned forward, putting a baked potato on a plate and splitting it in six, dumping cubed ham, cheese, salt and butter on it, then mushed it all together, "It's good she's far enough away right now. Yes...yes it is, though I haven't said anything to her. Every time...I set up a date or something and get the courage up to pop the question..." a heavy sigh, "Things happen. The one time it was before Calla had her showdown. Other times it was before she went to the hospital."

"Do you have a ring picked out? Or a token?" Steve asked, watching as Angelina caught the ball and threw it at Calla, cheering herself on for making Calla chase it. "Bad timing all the way around. Maybe...and this is probably bullshit, but maybe you should toss the plans out the window. Do it when you feel like it's the right time. I'm a planner myself. I want to make all these big huge romantic gestures and try to beat my boyfriend. But...I also know that if I want to ask him, I'll just...randomly ask him. When I feel like my heart will burst and my eyes can't take seeing him with an empty finger. I don't know if I'll do that will Calla. I don't know if River'll get that far with Bucky...but it's...it's an idea for now."

Dylan watched him for a moment before he smiled tenderly and nodded, taking a bite, not really waiting for others. It was a free for all, and he was hungry, "I've had the same ring for four years. I think I'll pawn it, get my money back, and look for something else. Maybe something from a game we both enjoy or something. It felt right at the time, but not so much anymore. Things change."

Steve smiled warmly. "Sounds pretty awesome." He took a plate and started fixing his own meal. Angelina and Calla finally called it. Well...Angelina called it. She flopped on the ground and was staring up at the sky. Clearly worn out while Calla's laughter echoed through the park. "What do you do for work?" He looked over at Dylan curiously. "Vince didn't tell me, and if he did I don't remember...."

"I work at the library with him, actually. He takes late shifts, which is why you see him most I'm sure. I do the morning ones, the quieter the better. It can get busy in a library and I don't do people. Angelina and I are quite content being hermits," Dylan chuckled deeply, and he waved at Calla, "Drag her over! It's time to eat!" And to no one's surprise but Steve's, Calla walked over to Angelina and grabbed her by the wrists and started pulling her across the grass, "At least she's not wearing white today," he drawled.

"Does she....." Steve stared at the girls as Angelina laughed loudly, but was more than happy to be dragged across the field. His laugh came out startled. "No one could pull me around. Bucky could probably do it if he tried." He watched as they came closer and Calla more than happily dropped Angelina, leaving her to roll on her stomach and crawl the rest of the way since it wasn't too far. "Hello."

"Hello." Angelina chirped as she made it to the picnic area. She grabbed her own plate and started working on the fixings. "Dylan doesn't talk to many people. You must be a good type if you got him to talk to you." She popped a grape in her mouth.

"It's true," Calla giggled as she also plopped down, her knee knocking against Steve's, and she grabbed a plate of her own, piling it with the salmon and a potato just like Dylan had while she chewed on a piece of watermelon.

Dylan was glad to see Calla was getting into Steve's space of her own accord. From what he had heard from Vince, she usually kept her distance. "I made a comment about Bucky being a vampire and we hit it off from there."

Angelina raised an eyebrow up. "Bucky wasn't too bad of a vampire. He was too busy trying to seduce River to be one."

"That's how vampires work," Steve replied, taking a bite of meat. He noticed that Calla sat down next to him and he leaned against her, but tried not to touch her since he had juice all over his hands and he didn't want to ruin her outfit. "They seduce their victims."

"But that shouldn't work with a mermaid!" Angelina placed the plate to the side. "She has the ability to seduce too!"

"Two different things." Steve reminded. "River sings. Bucky...well...he acts on it."

Angelina threw her hands up in the air. "He should be a wolf." She muttered darkly. "A /wolf/"
Calla covered her mouth while she laughed, "Bucky /is/ a lot more rugged. He could be a werewolf for all we know."

Dylan snapped his fingers, "That's why he looks so pale. He's up all night howling at the moon and sleeps all day. No wonder he knows what the moon types are."

"Steve, your man is busted," Calla grinned.

"Damn." Steve snapped his fingers. "I'll have to warn him that his cover is blown. I don't think he cares so long as you don't tell Riv-" he watched as Angelina fired off a quick text. "You just told River didn't you?"

"I did!" Angelina looked very proud of herself.

"Not to mention, if he was a vampire he'd sink if he swam because his skin would be so tough. Dogs are pretty good swimmers," Calla added.

Calla looked over when Steve's phone went crazy with five buzzes in short succession and Steve groaned before pulling it out. She leaned over and glanced around his shoulder to see what it was all about.

BOOBEAR: NO
BOOBEAR: I AM NOT A WEREWOLF
BOOBEAR: IF ANYONE'S A DOG IT'S YOU
BOOBEAR: STEVEN
BOOBEAR: STEVEN GRANT ROGERS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

"Your middle name is Grant? that's pretty cool," Calla's grin was wide.        

Steve quickly sent out a text: "Blame Angelina it's her fault" and Angelina laughed hysterically.

"We started a controversy, high five, Angie!" Dylan cheered, leaning over, palm up in the air.

Angelina high fived. "It's a shame that he's not though." She pouted. "I know he's a magic user and not a shadow dude. That would've been cool. A shadow wolf! Magic wolf sounds awful. Like trying to be hippy and failing miserably awful."

Steve couldn't help this: "Turns out Angelina changed her mind. You lost your cool creed for being magic rather than shadow. Didn't know you told her that. Very Happy"

"Boobear: Um. No. I didn't."

"Bucky's...magic?" Calla blinked slowly.

Angelina's smile only faded a little. "Duh."

Steve blinked slowly as well and exchanged a look with Calla, "Could she tell from glamor that you were magic? You said people could see through that sometimes :O."

Dylan clicked his tongue, "Angelina's electric type, and you already know about her mental health. With the way she made a point about his arm yesterday, I can only guess that Bucky has a fake left arm?"

"If Bucky's magic, he used glamour...can you see through glamour, Angel?" Calla furrowed her brows.

"Metal." Angelina answered. "My electricity jumped. It's bad when someone is attached to metal and I'm around. Didn't want to hurt him. So I told him to give me his other hand so he wouldn't have to get hurt. My ace in the hole. Just in case."

"Do you mind if I tell Bucky that? He's probably freaking out...no one knows about that." Steve said softly.

"Not River?" Angelina's eyebrows furrowed.

"River doesn't know." Steve agreed. "Bucky doesn't want her to get scared...and he knows how uncomfortable it makes people. I think it makes him just as uncomfortable to have it be shown off."

Angelina nodded. "Tell him secret's safe. I'll think of a secret to tell him."

"What...are your opinions about magic users besides Bucky?" Calla had to ask, "Do you know...about...Hydra?" she kept her voice low on the last question.

"Hydra's been a problem even during the war." Steve scoffed. "Magic and elements are the same thing, magic is just broader and less specific than elements. Magic users should have the free reign to practice. Just like elementals do. Fuck magic users are the reason why /healers/ exist. My mother is a healer."

"Magic users are feared because we have less control, especially when our emotions are high. I should know...since I am one," Calla frowned, then perked a bit, "A healer? You don't find a whole lot of those, really. They're a lot more frail."

Dylan clapped his hands a bit, "Go you, Calla, for coming out," he smiled as she ducked her head shyly, "What's your mom's name, Steve?"

"Sarah." Steve smiled brightly. "She works emergency medicine and sometimes the ICU. She does the delicate work and she's fierce. I love her. I've been meaning to go see her. I only saw her after my birthday and the double date." He looked at Calla shyly. "I told her about you and River. She's downright obsessed. She wants to meet you and River. Bucky's practically family so of course he's coming."

"She lives around here? She sounds like a mountain lady," Calla smiled, "The hospital's closer to the mountains to protect from the high tides, so it makes sense if she lives by there. Sarah...it sounds familiar." Could she have already met Sarah two years ago?

Angelina hummed happily. "Vince will be pleased as peaches."

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 10:32 pm

Calla giggled and after taking another bite of her food, she spoke up again, "So, little guppie, do you have any questions for Steve? I warned them about my mom but maybe I should've warned them about you instead," she teased.

Angelina perked up and Steve had to fight back a smile. "Is that River's nickname for you?" He asked. "Or is it Calla?"

"Calla calls me guppy, but that's because it's River's fault." Angelina replied. "River likes babies. And sometimes she...she gets sad. She gets really depressed, her fins go all outta color. Worse when her boyfriend was around. River doesn't call them babies though. It's guppies or teeny-tinies, depending on size."

Steve frowned. So sad that her fins go all outta color? Depression? From the happy-go-lucky, hey everything is cool River? Steve felt a little bad. Was he not paying enough attention? "She'd be a good mom." He said offhandedly.

"I like you." Angelina looked like the sky had just tore open a double rainbow. She was so happy. "You're not stupid like the last boyfriend. You're smart. You /care/ about people. I like that. You have a good heart. But your heart bleeds differently from River's. Why does the world weigh really heavy on you?"

Steve felt like there was a sudden whiplash and had a feeling this what Bucky was telling him about.

'Careful, unless you want everyone to know, Angie,' Dylan warned in a mental hum as he stuffed his face some more.

"Does it show that much?" Steve asked, looking at Angelina. "I...it's a long story." He fidgeted a little and he thought about it. "I used to be in a war. The Forgotten War, we call it. I guess...I still feel like I need to be in control. My boyfriend was prisoner in that war, and I broke them all out. It was awful, Angelina. Just...awful." He bowed his head and took a breath. "I wake up some nights terrified of the next day. Bucky was so much worse, so I always managed somehow. Made him my mission, made him get better. Now I feel...I guess I feel like if I don't have control, what I am I doing?"

"I guess you got buried." Angelina frowned. "River told me that you and Bucky were isolated." Steve was a little surprised by that. "She told me that you and Bucky were lonely. I see it. You have the same look I do when I'm in my bad day. Days where the walls close in and chat, where eyes won't stop looking no matter what...the skin itches and you just want to molt."
Steve took a sharp breath in. "Didn't think it was noticeable."

"It takes one to know one, I suppose," Dylan piped up.

"Someone crazy?" Steve asked before he could stop his mouth. But before anyone could get angry, Angelina cracked up.

"Someone crazy." Angelina agreed. "If you want to call mental health issues crazy. Then everyone's crazy. Normal people just pretend not to have them because they don't want that word attached. I like crazy. Crazy. Insane. It makes people stay away. But I can live with loneliness Stevie. You can't. You're gonna die. So is Bucky, he can't live with loneliness either. You're too social and social creatures need people."

"You two have been looking a lot better since we met you, like, a month and a half ago," Calla smiled warmly at him, I think I remember something about Bucky not liking the mainland so much, but he's got a reason to come here now. River, and by extension, he gets to see other people like Vince and now Dylan and Angelina."

"I hate people, but I like you and Bucky." Angelina nodded. "You can swing by any time. I already hardly ever leave my apartment. I can text you or Bucky and let you know if I have a bad day so you don't come by. Bad days are bad. Dylan's only allowed 'cause he's my boyfriend of ten years give or take. He seen the worst of the worst already."

"I'm glad you're making friends, too," Dylan chirped, reaching over an patting her head.*

"It's been that long already? Wow...how time flies," Calla blinked.

Angelina nodded and she flopped down on her stomach, pushing her plate away. "We've all been friends for ten years." She looked at Steve. "You and Bucky probably just as long if not more right?" Steve nodded. "That's why I like you." She beamed. "You know how important friendships are. You and Bucky are gonna do game night with us. We'll do drinks and everything." She looked at Dylan. "We'll do board games. Video games could cause a problem. You have the bigger house," she turned back to Steve. "Can we use it? If not, we can use someone else. It's fine." She waved. "I know how important sanctuary is."

"I'll talk to Bucky and see what he says. I know for a fact that as long as its you. I don't think I'm gonna mind it all that much." Steve said softly.

Angelina beamed and she looked at Dylan. "They finally found good people, Dyl-dal. I think we can relax now."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 11:21 pm

"Who started the whole vampire and werewolf thing, anyway?" Bucky asked first when Steve came home, his voice carrying from the kitchen before he walked out with two mugs of tea.

"Dylan." Steve said as he took the mug away from Bucky and curled into his boyfriend's side on the couch when he sat down. "Angelina wasn't much help and then Calla jumped in on it. I said something...then Angelina texted River. Was River with you and that's how you knew or did she forward the message?"

"She was Skyping with me when she got the text. She was laughing so hard she couldn't reply which is why I bombarded you," Bucky shook his head fondly, perking at being the big spoon and he slung an arm around Steve's shoulders, blowing on his tea before sipping at it, "So, what do you think of them? Your double date obviously went a lot better than mine."

"Angelina's a sweetheart. But she's been through a lot." Steve said slowly. "She's really...perceptive. She's an electric element, which is rarer than a healer so that's why she knew you had a metal arm. She didn't want to hurt you. But I get this sense...I get this really sad sense that there's more to it than that.  Her and Dylan been together for ten years, and he's been planning to propose for four. He's thinking about doing it video game style rather than traditional. Angelina also talked a little about River and about us. You and me I mean."

"I hope she approves?" Buck arched a brow, "Is there anything in particular she said that struck you? Ten years, though...that's less than us, but still a long time. Can't really judge them for not getting married when we haven't done anything like that, either."

"I said that." Steve smiled gently. "She...mentioned River and children." He quickly held his hand up. "I get this sense...this really bad sense that Angelina hinted that River's boyfriend would...um...get really mean to her during her heats. Because according to Angelina, she gets so depressed all the color goes out of her fins. But I think that there's more to it than just the abuse. I don't know. She said that you and I are just killing each other being isolated the way we are. She said that she can handle loneliness. But you and I were social creatures, therefore are meant to be around people. We'd die other wise."

"Yeah...River explained to me that white and translucent fins are a sign of dying, unless the white is from a koi pattern," Bucky frowned, "I...need to talk to her, more in depth. Didn't you say Calla was abused, too? How so? I didn't get a chance to have you elaborate when you said it before."

"Words. He'd grab her hair and whisper things that were...well...let's just say punching the guy wouldn't make me feel good unless his whole face was a bloody pulp. Even then I think I'd go a few extra rounds before I killed him slowly as possible." Steve replied crisply. "Angelina wants us to do a game night here at the mansion since we're going to be hosting a big group. Our girls, the couple, and our lonely bookworm. I told her I didn't mind, but I'd ask you on how you feel about it. She's insisting board games."

"Yes, and drinking!" Bucky said in a perky manner, easily changing the subject since that was touchy. When Bucky wanted to kill someone, he'd sit on it and simmer, planning their death and how he would do it. Steve...as much as he was a tactician on the field, when it was something that got his blood boiling all he really needed was 'face meet fist'. "We can't get drunk and Angelina can't, no doubt because of meds, but everybody else can! I wonder what kind of drunk Calla is," he teased, then jumped a bit as he remembered something, "That's right, something was brought up during the double date with River. My dream job."

"Being a mechanic right?" Steve was a little surprised that someone asked him about it. "You fixed bikes before we went to war for a while there. It was really something you liked to do."

"Yes...yes it was, and I've been thinking lately just how happy I am River and Calla broke the cycle," Bucky squeezed Steve's shoulder, "Do you...think...that I should contact Stark? It's been so long...I wonder if he'd even respond. I've never been great at drawing people, but I've got a few sketches of the building I want to put on the mainland. Boat /and/ car repair."

"I think you should, but whatever he ropes you into is your fault and I'm not getting you out of it." Steve replied with a bit of a smile. "That sounds like a lot of work, but I see the way your eyes are lighting up. Stark would want a challenge."

"Then let's see where this leads," Buck shifted so he could lean down and kiss Steve, "I'm glad you had a good day."

"Thanks, Buck." Steve leaned into Bucky and sighed warmly, "I'm glad you had a good day, too."

()

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 7:24 pm

The sun was beating down on his skin, and the cold waves washed over his toes. He didn't care about his sandals, really. He bought cheep clothes anyway, and these had to have only been five or ten dollars. He had, like, fifteen of them to Steve's dozen or more sneakers. It was sandals or boots, damn it. Or dress shoes if he was feeling fancy. Hmm...glancing at his watch he looked behind him.

Where was River?

She wasn't late, but he was excited. Howard had been so very happy to hear from him. Steve had been right, and he had been roped into something that had Steve reeling with laughter, but he wouldn't think about that right now. He just /really/ wanted to show his girlfriend where he was going to set up and tell her all about it.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2016 7:47 pm

"I'm here!" River shouted as she ran over to him. She had thought that she was running late and Bucky had been so enuthastic over the phone, she thought it would be bad form to leave him hanging. She reached him and took a deep breath in and out. "Whew." She grinned at him. "I'm surprised you wanted to walk on the beach. It sounded more like Steve's thing."

"Steve really doesn't mind the heat that much. I don't like Summer /or/ Winter. I'm more of the in-between type. Spring since that's around my birthday, and Autumn. I always like how you never know whether to wear a jacket or shorts from one day to the next, a guessing game," Buck beamed at her, pulling her by the waist close to his body and they started walking, "I have something to show you, but until then...how's life?" he laughed a bit at his basic question.

"Well, I completed a few more minor stitches. I'm just about to start on another /huge/ tapestry commission besides the one that I've been working on. The one I have been working on is finally done and over with so I’m selling that. This one isn't due until around Christmas or so. I'm kinda glad about that." River replied. "Angelina, Dylan, and Vince are all trying to work around scheduling so that they can do that board game thing that Steve and Calla were planning." She mused. “Really glad that I do the whole 'deposit, estimate, and then pay' thing. I got a feeling that this next tapestry is going to be a bit big.”

"Like the other one wasn't huge already!" Bucky gaped at her, "You're finished with it?! Once we're done here, I want to go see! Are you going to sell it to a museum like Steve suggested? You should wait. I might have a buyer in mind instead. No, not me," he chuckled deeply at her look.

"I was going to say, if you were trying to butter me up." River smiled slightly, relieved. "But okay, once we're done I can show it to you. It's gorgeous. I think once I'm done with the commission, I'll do a forest wild-life tapestry. Oceans are pretty and everything and I do feel nostalgic every once in a while, but do too many ocean scenes and people start getting bored. Not that I mind." She smiled brilliantly. "So. Why are we here? You were so excited to show me things."

"This!" Bucky bounced as he flourished his arm out at absolutely nothing in front of them except for the rocks. They stopped and he put his hand on his hip, looking very proud of himself.

River frowned as she eyed the rocks critically. She wasn't certain if he was trying to get her to enjoy the rocks or if...she raised an eyebrow. Every time she brought this up, it was always a firm no. So why did he keep showing her things that were like this? Did he think she was in heat? She hadn't had one for a while. Was she due and he thought that he should get a hold on things?

"They're nice." She said slowly, not wanting to give Bucky the wrong idea. "But the rocks aren't good." She could see him falter. "They need to be in the ocean. Eggs can't hatch on land, they need to be submerged completely."

"WHAT?! No, no!" Bucky pulled away from her, waving his arms, "Gosh, I thought you would laugh and ask 'a bunch of rocks?' or something like that. Not that you'd think /birthing/ rocks! Geez, I'm dumb. I should've realized you would think that. I'm so sorry for confusing you," he ran a hand through his hair, "This is where I'm going to set up shop," he explained more clearly.

"In rocks?" River looked completely confused as she looked at the landscape again. "No. Where are you going to put all of these rocks in order to make the building? What type of store are you going to make? Something that has a dock...because you'll have to extend it out a bit on to the beach."

"Yes, exactly. I have a sketch, and that same friend who gave Steve and I the island is going to be building it for me," Bucky reached into the pocket of his cargos and handed her a folded up piece of paper, "It'll be on a platform up on the main part of the land, extending out with the docks leading into the ocean for boats to come in so I can work on them. The docks will be made with the same wood as those on the other side of the beach, since they've been here for /years/ and I want my shop to be just as sturdy, though my friend will no doubt fortify the inside with metal and a way to lock it down if there's a flood so nothing gets ruined. There's going to be a loft where I can go sleep if I can't make it back to the mansion. A home away from home..."

Bucky paused while she was looking it over, his mind going further before he could stop, "Maybe...later I might even build a house right next to it. The rocks on this side are for protection, which is why I chose it. I know Calla likes to climb around...I saw Vince blowing up about her facebook post yesterday about how she cut her leg so bad she had to get stitches. /Why/ didn't you tell me about that when we Skyped last night?"

"I was angry and I didn't want to take out anything on anyone." River sighed. "Also I was very terrified. Blood. Gashes. The hospital. It brings back too many memories and so...yeah. It slipped my mind. I'm sorry. Did Steve find out from Calla or from that facebook page?"

"Calla. She texted him saying 'so, cut my leg while clumbing rocks. Might get to meet your mom! I'll let you know' and used a smiley face emoji. She was /laughing/ about it like she had the time of her life while everyone else was freaking out. I saw Dylan's comment, he just shook his head and said he hoped she'd heal up fast. Angelina didn't say anything, though she did make a horrified emoji," Bucky took the paper back when he was done looking at it, then slid both hands over her arms and gripped her hands in his.

"Obviously she didn't, because she didn't mention it again. Anyway, you didn't go with her, did you? She went by herself? Probably a good thing, so it didn't trigger you," he kissed her forehead, "I would be sad if your fins lost their pretty color because you got depressed. Steve told me Angelina brought that up. Makes me hate the guy even more, but I want to know more...if you're willing to share. I can...I can tell you what that nightmare was about, if you want me to. That way it's not one-sided."

River blinked, a little surprised. Angelina didn't bring up those kinds of things unless she thought it was necessary. She sighed and using one of the hands he held, led him down to the coast, putting herself by the water so her feet could get wet. Thank god for sandals.

"It's not just him that can make my color go." She explained after a moment. "If someone does something drastic to the water source. Oil spill, a water fire, anything at all that pollutes it and bad enough...instinct would tell me to go. Instinct would tell me I only have one shot at having a family. But I'd lose color because the water is hurting and therefore we're hurting too."

"It's happened before. There was an oil spill that occurred and everyone was pointing fingers. The mermaids had to summon up the courage to come to the mainlands and clear the water out. More guppies were born that year because of that fear that they couldn't cleanse the water all the way through. That we could still be infected...and die out."

River took a breath in and out, squeezing Bucky's hand. "But Angelina's right. My color did go out of severe depression and anxiety. I think I was more white than I was purple for a long time. I was...not in the greatest place in the world." She paused. "I don't know if this is a story you want to hear..."

Bucky squeezed back, "Yes it is. Little by little, I want to know all about you. Your best times, your worst. What kind of student you were, what it was like growing up under the sea, what kind of friends you had before you came to the mainland, what your parents were like...all of it." He tugged her to look at him, caressing her face gently, mindful that was his metal arm underneath the flesh facade, "I'm starting to care a lot about you, River. I care about your well-being and if anything bothers you, I want to know about it, so I can try and make it better, or help you /feel/ better at least."

"Okay." River took a breath and let out. "So, my ex and I are an established couple and he didn't want guppies. I understood. It's not for everyone and I knew that if I wanted to be with him, no guppies. My heat on the other hand is another story entirely. I collect things. Small things that I give away to donate later. Never opened, never used. I crochet baby blankets, I do booties, things like that when my heat hits so that I'm not overwhelmed with horomones and my body's tricked into thinking that I am preparing myself for a mate. Let me try to simplify it. Let's go with a birthing rock. I'd use nursery, but I'm not exactly certain anything I say in human terms will make any fucking sense. So...let's say you picked out a birthing rock. Those ones."

She pointed towards the back. "And I say "Eh...no." And your firm. Well. I won't mate you because my criteria and your criteria for a birthing rock are two separate things. Now let's say you pick a good birthing rock and I agree that it's good. You establish a relationship with me. You give me something to represent that you and I are going to mate or at least wanting to see if this relationship is mate-compatible. Much like dating. So then heats become something different. I still have heats and you still have heats regardless of whether or not we want a guppy. But let's say you say "I don't want a guppy" so we make plans. We placebo it. We'll re-visit birthing rocks, we'll pretend to prepare ourselves for a family so that our biology is tricked into thinking that the heat is successful. Am what I'm saying makes sense so far?"

"Trinkets are a sign of dating for merfolk? That didn't come up when I was researching...I suppose that's more private information, though..." Bucky hummed, and kept them walking along the beach, "That makes sense. Pretending, that way we can get through it together but nothing actually happens. We humans use condoms and birth control to make sure nothing happens, either one or the other or both. Anyway...do go on. You're explaining things better than you think you are, I promise."

"Okay." River took a breath. "So...back to the story. My ex and I are an established couple." She rubbed her lips together. "He said he didn't want guppies and I said okay. Anything I did to relieve the symptoms of my heat...he would hold against me. Our colony would call that 'hostage'." She took a shuddering breath. "Where a mermaid is either forced to breed or forced to remain abstinent, and is refused the proper care. Refused a birthing rock, refused anything that's needed for a good pregnancy or a healthy focus." She looked at the ground. "He would say awful things. Like I was trying to trap him. That didn't he say he didn't want guppies, what the fuck is wrong with me, I mean it was awful. There was a point where he withheld me from transforming because he really thought that my transforming was connected to my heats. He forced me to stay away from the ocean, too."

She felt ashamed. "So I started losing color. I started getting really severely depressed because I was being withheld. I got so sick. Really, really sick. I couldn't eat, I couldn't drink. My heats started taking over my instinct...it was awful. It was scary and awful. I wound up the hospital. I don't even remember what the bullshit story he gave the doctors were...but he apologized...until he'd do it again. Only he learned not to let me get to that point. Oh I'd still lose color. I'd still get depressed. But "Baby you gotta eat something." or "you gotta drink this..." She trailed off. "The I'm sorrys. The "I know I'm being harsh. I'm just scared. I don't know how to help you when you get like this." I think those were the worst. Always made me feel...like I was going insane."

Bucky's stomach twisted and his spit felt strange. He was glad she was holding his flesh hand, though he still had to temper his strength so not to crush her. "Fuck, honey..." he stopped them again and hugged her tightly as his energy fluxed harshly at his anger, his glamour fading for just a second before he concentrated, putting it back so she didn't see the gleam of the metal. "I wasn't prepared last time, I'd just met you...but this time...we may be a couple right now, but I'll find you something real nice and we can be dating in your eyes, too, and next time you go into heat, I'll be right there with you. Vince told me you were picking out baby names last time. I wouldn't mind that. I can help you pick out patterns for gifts for your neighbor, too, or just things to sell in the shop. I loved your little duckling cross stitch. You know we're far from that, but pretending's more than okay."

River didn't really burst into tears, but she did start crying as she hugged him just as tightly. "Thank you." She said quietly. "For doing so much for me. You don't have to get me anything expensive." She assured as she pulled away, wiping her eyes. "God. Buck. Steve and I both hit the jackpot by being with you. Tell me about your nightmare, or tell me something else. Whatever you want. I'll listen."

"My nightmare..." Bucky rubbed her back and nosed her hair, "It's a reoccurring one..." he explained first. As they were reaching the main part of the beach where the docks and surfing shack were, he led her to a bench and they sat down, his arm slung over her shoulders, "It's of when I was captured and being tortured. Electroshock therapy and rhythmic words...they were trying to brainwash me. Use me. Gave me a magic booster similar to Steve's but made different since it was stolen knowledge. Cut my feet and other parts of me to see how fast I would heal. Poking and prodding and punishing me for not responding the way they wanted me to. That's...why I told you Steve hates it just as much. He hates that he didn't get there faster. It's also why my memory is a bit shifty and that I jump topics when I suddenly think of something...because I don't want to forget it. I'm afraid if I don't say it right away sometimes, it'll go away."

"Your right at home with Angelina then." River smiled softly, bringing herself closer to him, to wrap her arm around him and let him hold her close and tight. "I'm glad that you're alive. That' you're with me. I hate that you were tortured and tried to be used against your will. No one deserves that. No one. Is there anything at all that I can do? You helped me so much. Let me help you now."

"Babe, honey, you've been helping me since we met," Bucky soothed her, carding his fingers through her hair, "Let me explain...you were right. About being lonely. I've been realizing a lot lately just how /thankful/ I am that you two came into our lives. Ours...was so repetitive. Eat, sleep, swim, boat rides sometimes, walk the island, eat, shower, read, sex, sleep. Steve gardens, I write sometimes. Then...one stormy day here comes two girls that look like colorful drowned rats who proceed to break in and one demands my food. Since then, Steve got a beautiful painting, had a fantastic birthday party with fireworks galore and people to laugh with. I got to see what a mermaid looked like in person for the first time. I've had two double dates and a few single ones. I have six friends instead of just one and two of which are my lovers. Now...now my dream job won't be a dream anymore within another month."

River's smile was so big and wide she stopped him and hugged him tightly around the neck. "I'm glad that I was able to change your life for the better." She pulled away, grinning. "I'd kiss you, but I'm not exactly certain if that's something you want right now. But I'm so happy that your dream job will become real. I'm glad that your friendship circle is expanding, and I love that you smile more. Your eyes light up and you look...you look like you're ready to face the day come hell or high waters. You have more color to your cheeks too. I'm so proud of you. I'm proud that you are a survivor and I'm happy you decided to give living another chance."

Bucky nodded, "Steve is, too. I love how he's been looking at me with this brimming smile that couldn't be happier that I was happy. I...feel so awful, about worrying him so much. I didn't even see it, wallowing in my own self-pity and he wouldn't say much about it. Now that I have you, River, he can focus on himself more. He's the sort that it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks, but...he's trying. He was so worried about Calla last night, debating whether or not he should go see her, but I convinced him to wait. We came here together, actually," he pointed further down the beach, where their yacht was.

He smirked a bit and caught her chin in his hand, bringing her to look back at him, "How about we kiss anyway and we can find out?" he purred and tilted his head, slotting his lips with hers, noses brushing, and he was gentle and chaste at first, testing the waters so to speak.

River remembered the few times that she's been kissed. It never felt like this though. It never felt like something just slotted in her life that made her toes warm and her heart rush to her ears. It was just a simple, simple kiss, but god...she moved in closer and pressed a harder kiss to him, allowing him to go further with that kiss if he wanted. One of her hands scraped the base of his neck ever so gently and her other hand was pressed against his chest, feeling his heart beat flutter in rhythm with hers. He breathed, she breathed, and she felt dizzy and at home and safe. The world was spinning and moving without them and that was okay.

For this moment, they were in their own little bubble and it was perfect.

Her nails were short but just long enough and he hummed against her at the feeling. He loved his hair being pulled and toyed with. His tongue swiped against her bottom lip and he gripped her hip, tilting their bodies so he could press her against him. Her lips were soft, her little noises of surprise at each thing he did made his head cloudy. She tentatively opened her mouth to him and he coaxed her tongue to play with his, breathing through his nose so he wouldn't have to pull away, and she caught on to the same technique easily enough. She tasted minty from brushing her teeth before coming to meet him. It was interesting and he didn't mind. He liked minty things, anyway. His other hand stroked her cheek and cupped her jaw to keep her in place as he pressed further, but if she made a motion of having enough or made a noise of dislike, he would stop. He would never make her feel uncomfortable.

She wasn't certain on how long they kissed for, but soon she was getting dizzy and she could feel electricity in the air. Like magic going up on high alert. It wasn't painful. She was certain that her own energy was going haywire too, even if she couldn't feel it for herself. She stared at him, with half-lidded eyes and a bruised mouth that begged to be kissed again.

"Does that mean kissing is a-go?"

"That most /certainly/ means kissing is a go," Bucky kissed her forehead, cheeks, nose, and a peck on the lips again, "Now...weren't you going to show me your tapestry?"

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 11:10 pm

"Steeeeve!" Calla whined as she opened the door only to come face to face with a slightly panting blond, "I was just going to my mom's. Your timing /sucks/, dude."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next