Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 10:13 pm

"I don't steal anything, either," Calla shook her head, "Same philosophy, just to see if I can do it. Though I did deface the school with graffiti a lot."

Sarah laughed softly, "Well, as long as you didn't do anything too drastic. Just showing off your creative side, I suppose. Have you done graffiti since then?"

"No, I haven't...went to actually painting on canvas instead of brick walls. I don't know if I can still do it, even," Calla shrugged.
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 10:48 pm

"So have you ever done anything illegal Steven?" Hikari questioned.

"Insubordination doesn't count." Steve retorted. "But I have gotten into too many fights when I was a teen. Public disturbance and what not."

"Problem with authority figures?" Hikari watched Steve's reaction.

"No. Just don't like bullies." Was his response.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 11:45 pm

"Just like Calla brought Angelina here, Bucky would drag a bruised and bloody Steve back to my place. We came from New York. The bullies were a lot worse there," Sarah explained to Hikari, "Then they had to go and do two tours overseas to fight the bullies together. Not one, but /two/!"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 10:55 pm

"It would've been more had things didn't happen." Steve admitted, looking at Hikari. "But in the end two tours was enough for the both of us. We needed it."

Calla looked at Steve, furrowing her brows in concern for a moment before she reached out and rubbed his back, smiling at him when he looked at her. She was about to say something when the door opened and in sauntered a man with natural dark red hair and light amber brown eyes. "Hey, pop," she waved to him and his eyes widened.

"So you /do/ exist," he teased her, waving his bandaged up-hand. It didn't need the wrappings from a week ago, but it was still secured around the palm where the brunt of the injury was. His eyes landed on Steve and he steeled himself, mouth turning into a thin-line, eyes narrow.

"Uh-oh, that doesn't look like a good look," Sarah murmured.

"Hello." Steve said politely, holding out his hand. "I'm Steve Rogers. Calla's...." Did Calla tell her father that they were dating? Better bite the bullet now. "Calla's boyfriend."

He didn't respond right away. Hikari didn't say anything, and neither did Calla. The two of them in sync as they took their cups of tea and took a drink like nothing was going on at all. Mark stepped forward and eyeballed him before he clasped his hand with his good one.

Calla arched a brow as her only break in her mirror of her mother, curious as Steve didn't break eye contact and her father lingered on the handshake. Steve didn't pull away or even make a move to, either. It was almost like they were at a stand-still, but Steve didn't lose his smile.

Steve knew that Mark was waiting for something to happen. Some sort of sign that he wasn't good enough for Calla. So he stood his ground, but he did take initiative to break the handshake first. "It's nice to meet you." He said formally and cheerfully.

Mark broke into a cheerful grin that split his face and Hikari giggled behind her cup while Calla put hers down, grinning just as wide, "Calla you can keep him. You found a better one this time. Last asshole wouldn't even /give/ me a handshake let alone look me in the eye."

Steve rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Glad to know I'm accepted."

Calla hugged Steve, "My mom likes you, too."

"You know what they say, hindsight is 20/20," Sarah smiled at them. Her son looked happy, letting her duck her head under his arm so she hugged him around the middle instead of his shoulders and he held her tight to his body, protective, "I'm happy for you, honey."

"I'm happy, too." Steve pressed a kiss against Calla's hair and they started up another conversation.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 12:19 am

"Dude, you look just as dopey as I feel. Do I look dopey, too?" Bucky asked Steve as they got their yacht ready to go home to the island, Steve at the helm revving up the engine while he got the rope undone from the dock and sat on one of the seats on the main deck.

"I don't know Buck, you always look dopey to me." Steve replied easily, knowing all to well that he was pouting at him now. "Calla's parents approve of me. I got to meet them."

"Oh really?! That's fantastic! I'm glad they like you, Stevie!" Bucky jumped to his feet and ran up to Steve from behind, hugging him tightly, "What are they like?! Tell me about it!"

"Well, Hikari's the one that taught Calla how to pick locks. So her rebellious nature is mostly her mom's doing. Especially the hair. But her personality? All her fathers. It's really an interesting thing to see." Steve grinned brightly. "Oh and my mom was there too. Mom told me to tell you before I left that you "better have not forgotten that you're my son and I expect to meeting your girl soon"."

"Wow, Sarah," Buck chuckled into Steve's shoulder, "I really should take River to go meet her, it's true. I can tell Sarah about the shop, too. River and I talked quite a bit, actually. I gotta wander the island beachfront tomorrow and find a trinket. That's how mermaids show they're dating in their culture. I bet I could find a shell or a pretty stone and make it into a necklace or something. You know, that makes me wonder about Calla's necklace, if there's more than one trinket type, like one for friends, too. That type of pearl isn't man-made."

"You know you can ask River." Steve grinned as he leaned against his lover and sighed warmly. "I was wondering how mermaids could tell lovers apart." He mused. "I was starting to think it had something to do with smell...but I realized that's animals and not fish."

"River's sense of smell is really good, though, remember? I can see where you got confused," Buck nodded, putting his chin on Steve's shoulder and just watching the waves as they cruised through them on their way home, "I didn't think of it at the time which is why I don't know. I showed her the location and she was really confused about the rocks. Thought I was showing her a birth rock location and got a bit upset since they're pretty hazardous. It kind of just continued on from there, which is why I mentioned the trinkets."

"For shame Bucky Barnes. Showing River hazardous birth rocks." Steve mocked gasp. "What kind of father are you?"

"I didn't know they had to be underwater! I would never show her hazardous ones on purpose!" Bucky whined and pulled away, pouting at Steve, but leaned against the edge now. He went quiet for a moment, before he ducked his head and chewed his lip, "She and I shared a kiss today, too."

"How was it?" Steve looked over at Bucky curiously. "And...Bucky I love you to death, but she's a mermaid. Eggs kinda have to be underwater. I'm sorry. I can stop teasing you. For now."

"I realize that /now/," Buck stuck his tongue out at him, before he blushed a bit more, "It was...really sexy, making out with her. The spark was there and it was fantastic. Made me dizzy in a good way. We kissed after I told her about my nightmare and that it's reoccurring, and she went more in depth about her abuse. So, it was really heartfelt on top of it."

Steve smiled warmly. He liked that blush and how shy Bucky was. It reminded him of the times when they first started going out. "That's good." He murmured gently. "I'm happy for you Buck. I'm glad you can talk to her about those things."

"You know something...neither of us have gone on a single date with our ladies. We did those double dates, but nothing just...out to dinner or the movies by ourselves sort of thing," Buck realized, tapping his chin, "We haven't gone to the city in forever. I might do that. See what's on the big screen and go to like, Olive Garden for Italian or Outback for steak, depending on what she's in the mood for for food."

"I told Calla about an art gallery so we're going to do that." Steve said sheepishly.

"Well look at you, ahead of the game on that one," Buck laughed, turning to lean his back against the rail instead, grinning at Steve, "We're doing good for ourselves, aren't we? This...is so nice, Stevie. I just wonder - and is this bad? - how long will it last before something happens? Not...a fight or anything with them...they're too willing to communicate with us for that...but...Hydra or some crap like that."

"I don't know." Steve frowned. "But now that you said it, we're going to have to knock on wood and carry horseshoes with us because I don't want anything to do with that group. They come anywhere near us, well..." It would be probably better if Bucky handled it. Bucky would shoot them no questions. Steve on the other hand? Would go overboard.

"I didn't mean to make the mood crash down with that. It's been on my mind is all," Buck shrugged, "No talk of them from here on out, promise. It's kind of like the Bloody Mary in the Mirror superstition or the Beatlejuice movie," he made an X-motion over his heart, "So, I can't wait to hear about your kiss with Calla whenever you get around to it," he winked, easily changing subjects.

"Just like I can't wait till you tell me about you and River's first time. Don't give me that look." Steve gave Bucky an amused expression at his mock horror. "Every time you got laid by another girl or guy before we got together I heard every /bit/ of it because you don't edit out details. That and sometimes I came home and ignored the sock and walked in by accident."

"Those times were your own fault, mister," Buck turned his nose up at him, huffing and puffing, "Though you can't tell me it didn't make you horny. Jealous sex from you was fun. Of course, it'll never beat the sex once we didn't have to hide anymore," he smirked at him, "Not that the Howlies minded hearing us, I swear. I'll never believe that they didn't know a thing."

Steve's cheeks turned red hot. "Deviant." He said fondly. "I wonder how they're all doing. I haven't talked to them in a while."

"I stalk their Facebooks every once in a while our of curiosity. Falsworth and Dernier went back to their home countries. Gabe, Morita and Dum Dum were moving somewhere together, unable to really handle things with their PTSD alone normally. Yet they didn't say where..." Buck shrugged, "We should invite them for Thanksgiving to the Island!" he perked, "We should be well along with Calla and River by then! They'd love to see we have ladies on our arms."

"Sounds like a plan." Steve smiled brightly, "Sounds like a real plan."

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 2:12 am

Bucky could see why Vince was so adamant to see River’s room. Her room was both clean but had clutter to show that someone lived there. There were little statues of foxes adorning her dresser. A small fox porcelain basket filled with buttons and a skeleton face that was dressed up as a jellyfish, holding onto a hermit crab as a friend.

Her windowsill had the curtains wide open and there was enough room for two people to sit on the ledge. There were two pillows on either side of the window as well as a book that was marked. On her desk was her embroidery projects and kits that were neatly stacked up high. On the front of the boxes were thread numbers so that she knew what ones to grab when she needed them. Her laptop managed to make a home.

Her closet door was open and clothes were strewing outside of it, kind of acting like they were walking in to or out of the closet on their own free will. Just peering through the doors he could see a hamper and a stack of blankets. A lot of them quilts than crochet.

The thing that was missing from this room were pictures. There were pictures of her friends, Calla, Vince, Angelina and Dylan scattered around on bookshelves and on top of the desk, but…none of her family.

"After you told me about the trinkets I did some more digging..." Buck murmured as he picked up a picture frame with a young Vince in it with those goofy huge hipster glasses which were obviously fake and not prescription, his arms clung over Calla and River grinning like a buffoon. "Were you told not to come back after you...left the pond?"

River nodded, looking at the picture fondly. Dylan had been the one to take the photograph since Vince had practically begged on his knees saying that he didn’t have enough pictures “with his girls”. “It’s a bit more complicated than that.” She said slowly, carefully. “I wanted to be on land. They wanted me to be in the sea. I know my mom is going to try to bend the pod’s law and see if I can’t come back. I know there’s going to be a catch.”

"I can imagine what that catch would be and I'm going to flip them the bird and tell them you're mine," Buck looked at her firmly, setting it down and moving to another part of her room, "This isn't some..." he picked up a picture of River in a prom dress, Vince on her arm looking good in a tux, "High school romance. I'm in it for the long haul."

"What does your long haul look like?" River questioned. Calla had taken that picture. Vince had asked her to prom and dated her for a while till he realized that maybe they worked better as a team rather than a partnership. In his own words. She fondly had called him a nerd. Though they did get "fake married" so...call that what you will.

Buck had moved on after admiring her dress and was now digging through her fox button bowl, oooing and aweing here and there. He took his time, not answering her right away, collecting his thoughts before he put the bowl back and faced her fully. What she didn't know what was in the pocket of his jacket. "I'm only human, Riv. I had my wild teenage years, my risky life as an army man. I'm twenty-eight and just...want to settle down. That's what I thought I was doing with Steve and the island, but no. I'm talking married with the pitter-patter of tiny elephant feet through the house. Really, how does something so small make so much noise? Steve and I ask that question about Peggy all the time." He continued, picking up a shimmering dark blue shirt from the floor, turning it this way and that in the sunlight through the open window.

River grinned as she walked over and took the shirt from his hands and teasingly tossed it back to him. "I'm only twenty-five." She told him gently. "My teenage years was all about making sure Calla didn't get arrested for trespassing and having minor heart attacks over homework and making sure Vince didn't kill himself with SATs. My life was pretty much boring after that. Though what you're describing to me? It sounds like an adventure in the making."

"I will drag you back from the barracks myself if you ever think of joining the military, young lady," Buck squished her cheeks between his big hands, kissing the puckered lips playfully before he let her go, "If you want adventure we can tour the world as civilians instead. Take the yacht, sail around, endure the storms and if it sinks you could probably call a dolphin for me. Or an orca, that'd be fun."

"I was talking about the marriage and the child you maniac." River grinned and she leaned up and kissed him again warmly. She let him go. "Though that sounds like fun too. You /still/ haven't met Coral. Or the Manatee yet."

"I met Coral! When we brought you home after that freak storm!" Buck reminded, "I haven't seen her since then, though. I want to meet your manatee friend for sure, too." He smiled tenderly at her, carding his fingers in her hair and cupping the back of her neck, holding her close to him, his other hand finding her hip, "What kind of dress would you wear? I picture something A-line, maybe maxi-dress-ish...I see Calla in lace, really. That'd drive Steve wild."

"Well I could go for the irony and wear a mermaid dress." River leaned against him, taking in his scent and letting his warmth wash over her. The way he held her was protective and it made her melt against him. She knew that with him, no matter what happened, was safe. "A-line." She mused. "Maxi-types are awesome, but...I at least what to tease you and remind you what our night will be."

The shiver was involuntary but honestly he wasn't going to be shy about it, "I'd probably go for a spring wedding, myself. April or May."

"Good choices." River watched him for a moment. How his eyes stayed on her and how they were discussing this. He was honest about this. He /meant/ this. When he said he was in the long haul, he /saw/ this. It made her heart swell. It made her wonder how she got lucky to have him. It also made her heart break. "I wanted to be on land because I loved the way humans lived. I wanted to be apart of that. The longer I stayed, the more and more engrossed I became. I suppose you could say my pod sees me more human than mermaid and that's alright." She shrugged. "But it does mean that I'm going to have a hard time finding things. A birth rock, safe waters. Especially waters close to you so you can be there in some fashion."

"We'll figure something out, Riv," Buck soothed, "One step at a time. I'm...I'm honestly surprised a little bit that I'm not scaring you way, jumping ahead like that. We did just have our first kiss recently."

"..." River raised an eyebrow up. "I think you forgot again that I'm a mermaid sweetheart. For my kind? You're not jumping ahead." She tapped his nose playfully. "You're doing exactly what someone would do if they were going to present themselves as a mate."

Bucky blinked at her, and this time he did blush, "Ah...I supposed with everything you've told me, you're right. I did forget, and thank you for reminding me," he bumped foreheads with her, "With all this talk about you and mermaid life and stuff, I really want to see you in your mermaid form again. Do you want to go swimming with me? I brought my swim-trunks. We'd just have to stop by the docks."

River beamed happily. "I'd love to go swimming with you!" She grabbed his hand and tugged him towards the door, "I'm so flipping excited! I've been wondering if I'd swim with you again."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 12:27 am

After going on the yacht to change and making sure his special item was secure in his trunks pocket, he decided to show off for River but jumping off of the bow of the ship, doing a flip and diving rather cleanly into the water below. When the bubbles in his vision cleared he saw her shimmering purple fins as River came up to him, clapping under the water with a wide grin, her black eyes bright, purple hair flowing around her.

Good God she was beautiful.

"Your flip was amazing." She said as she swam up closer to him. His trunks were still so easy to see and she felt her heart flutter since she knew that he wore them more often so that the fish and wildlife wouldn't get confused for something else. "Very graceful." She swam around him in a circle, happily doing a small spin, letting the light under the water caught on her fins to shimmer some more. He seemed to like that.

Bucky smiled at her, though he couldn't give her a full toothy grin like he wanted to. He reached for her, sliding his hands on the scales of her hips and he brushed his nose with hers, then swam them to the surface so they could talk. Catching his breath he ran his hand over his face to be rid of some of the water, "So, do you have anywhere around here that can only be accessed by swimming? Give us something to do." And some privacy, to boot.

River thought about it, eyeing Bucky for a moment before nodding. "You have to do three things for me. Go underwater, trust me, and hold onto my fin. When you go underwater I'm gonna put you in a bubble so you can breathe. Hold on to me so that you don't lose me."

"I'm sure I can keep up. You haven't seen how fast I can swim, but I'll hold on to you just to make you feel better," Buck kissed her sweetly, "I trust you."

River smiled mischievously and as she kissed him she pulled them under water, sharing her breath and without him realizing it, breathing him an air bubble. She pulled away from him as he was engulfed by the bubble and grinned holding out her tail fin. He looked shocked, staring at his hands and was able to look around her world. A small, small portion of it. She felt her heart break a little. He would've made such a wonderful merman.

His tail would be green like the earth. She decided as she watched him explore for a moment before taking her tail. He would be strong enough to claim a pod for himself. Even though he was a man made for war, mercy and compassion of the merpeople wouldn't be lost on him. She would have to tell him that...and see what his reactions would be. They dove down just a bit deeper as they reached a cliff side and they disappeared into a hole. When they got through, River started swimming upwards and Bucky's air bubble broke when they reached the surface. Inside the cave was a /large/ portion of water lapping against a white bank. Above them were rocks that were shining brightly like the full moon, making the water look like a deep sapphire color. "My secret place."

"Oh /wow/!" Buck gaped, "The rocks are glowing! That's so pretty!" He spun himself in a full circle, taking it all in, before he looked back at her, "How often do you come here?" He asked first, taking his time in swimming this way and that before he found his way to the beach-like area. He climbed onto it and stood, hands on his hips as he had a much better vantage point. It was so /huge/ and yet at the same time, it was such a cozy nook.

"When I was dating, I came here too much. Now that I'm with you, I come here too little." River answered as she watched him drink all of this in. "I had a thought while we were swimming. I thought it was a shame that you're a human. Not because I don't love you as one, but I feel like you would've made an interesting merman."

"Is that so?" Buck saddled back into the water, though stayed in the shallower parts while he walked back and forth, eye scanning the water and the rocks by the cave walls. He was looking for something, though wouldn't let her know what, "How are the rocks glowing? Magic? I want to say I feel it, but I don't want to be wrong and look silly," he chuckled.

River watched him for a little bit and nodded her head. "Magic." She replied softly. "Calla's." She watched him again and she got up on the land. She knew he wanted her to stay like this a bit longer, so she made sure to keep at least some of herself submerged. "Are you magic? I don't think I ever asked...you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

Bucky paused at that. He flexed his fingers, and then looked at his hands. No...not his arm. He didn't want to go through the story quite yet. However, he did /just/ tell her that he trusted her. Calla was magic. Of course River wouldn't mind or think him any different, just like Steve shrugged it off when Calla came out to him about it. He turned to her, and gave her a shy smile, "Yeah...yeah I am. I probably...should have told you...a lot sooner. I mean, Steve told me Calla is. I just...it's been a bit harder for me. The guys we fought in the war...Hydra...they're magic, and strictly so. Elementals like Steve were fawned over and loved by the others in the base because different Elementals can fight different kinds of magic. Magic users are also rather violent because their magic is unstable. Get too pissed off? Set something on fire. Have a breakdown? You're practically charged and lightbulbs and glass shatters, for just small examples. Calla...she's calm and chill. I try to mask other emotions that may come along by being humorous and happy...because that's the only thing that doesn't cause things around me to fall apart."

"It's dangerous." River didn't mind not being told till now. She scooted over so that she could press herself against his thighs and trace random patterns with her finger. "Hydra is dangerous and so is being magic. I remember stories when magic users and Elementals were good together, and when it was the shape-shifters and creatures who were being targeted. It's always a cycle."

"Always," Buck agreed. He looked up and apparently that was just the right angle, and he found what he was looking for. Suddenly very giddy, he gave her a true grin before he dove himself back in the water, popping up a second later and laughing softly at her very confused expression. Floating backwards, he made sure he was going the right direction before motioning to her, trying to be casual. "I promised Steve I wouldn't talk about them since it's bad luck. That's twice on my end. I hope you weren't the third one," he shook his head.

"I don't think this Beetlejuice where if you say the thing three times a ghost appears." River said dryly. "Because if that was the case then Angelina would be housing a /bunch/ of ghosts in her apartment right about now."

"Haha! I wouldn't be surprised. That makes me happy you know what I'm talking about," Buck stuck his tongue out a little in amusement, before he finally was able to feel his destination and then promptly sat on it, the water coming to the middle of his chest. He hoped he made a good pick, consider the mishap before even though he hadn't /meant/ to, "You know what I realized? The water is warmer in the cave here, too than out there."

River smiled brightly. "The cave heats it." She moved over and sat down on his lap, knowing very well that he wouldn't be adverse by it. His eyes lit up like a boy in a candy store and she grinned. "It's a good place to stay the night in too. It's peaceful. You can really pretend to be underwater here."

Bucky wrapped his arms around her waist and held her to his chest, nuzzling her shoulder and kissing it, "I can imagine it. How about I stop running my big mouth so I can hear the silence?" he chuckled and just held her, indeed actually being quiet now, enjoying her company, her closeness, and the warmth around him, in him. Once he felt the silence was enough, seeping into his bones and making him content, he shifted and there were small splooshing and splashing sounds while he moved his hands in and out of the water, "Are your eyes closed, Riv?" he whispered hotly in her ear.

"Yeah." River sighed her voice laced with comfort and peace. It was quite clear that just sitting there, with the lull of the sea's song entranced her into a comfortable mindset. His voice sent goosebumps up her flesh, but she was too boneless to do anything about it. She heard him splash a little, and she wondered if he was looking for something in the water, or if he had all of the sudden thought he was closer to the edge than he was. She undoubtedly was putting all her weight on him.

Smiling to himself, he used his thighs to brace her as he took both hands off of her hips in order to hold his present wide while he slipped it over her head. Moving her hair out of the way, he peeked over his shoulder and put his hands back where they had been. The blue of the charm was lovely on her pastel purple skin, the trinket he'd found a stark contrast but in a good way. "Open your eyes, sweetheart."

River opened her eyes and glanced down. She let out an instant happy shriek as she cradled the trinket in her hands. It was a beautiful purple and white shell that had a gorgeous small charm hanging next to it. The rope was a gorgeous leather, which meant that he knew that the chains would rot faster if it hadn't been made from a rope. "Oh my god. Oh my god." She gave him a huge hug. "Thank you! Thank you so much! It's gorgeous. I'm never taking it off!"

"I thought the turtle was a nice touch, that's blue opal by the way. I had to wait for the stupid package to get to us, which is why I took longer contacting you than I intended," Buck held her tightly now she was chest to chest with him, pulling away and looking down into her eyes, a tender smile on his face, "The rock I'm sitting on is nice and mostly flat, just enough of a curve I haven't moved much, not that the current goes by too bad, either to knock me off. You do tend to weigh less in the water, compared to how my fat ass normally flattens any cushion." Would she get the hint?
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 10:03 pm

River watched him. He was staring at her with adoration, but his eyes was speaking promises. She felt her heart thud against her chest. He was fond of her. Both forms of her. He didn't want her to stay as one, or be another. She reached up and cupped his cheek with her hand, rubbing the skin with her thumb as she moved in slowly. She kissed him, running her hand down from his cheek to his neck and towards where his hair was. She remembered that he liked it when she gripped it.

With the webbing between her fingers it felt weird, and she couldn't grab nearly as much, but it was nice, and he kissed her back. He was glad she liked it, and his hands roamed her back, his fingers skimming the grooves of her spine, massaging her shoulder blades and one tangled in her own hair while the other found her hip, his thumb rubbing circles into her hipbone. They didn't need to ask permission to make it deeper as they opened their mouths at the same time to swipe their tongues out, and he hummed in appreciation as he tilted his head, slotting her mouth with his much better as he explored her taste. There wasn't much difference between forms, just that the sweetness was traded for salty. It wasn't so bad. In fact, it was good, and he rubbed her tongue with his and also traced her teeth, seeing how she'd like it.

The licking brought goosebumps on her skin, and when he sucked on her gills she let out a soft cry. This was so much /different/ than in her human form. Everything felt different. Her neck was more sensitive and his hands that were sliding down towards the start of her tail. She could feel herself preparing to receive a mate. She doubted if he could tell or not, it wasn't like he could stick his fingers between her legs to see how wet she was getting. But god what would that feel like? Having him explore /that/ in this form?

Buck moved his body along hers, swinging his leg over so he was completely on top of her, which provided better balance, but he did his best so not to make her feel caged, letting her know exactly where his destination was. He kissed and nipped at her collarbone, then kissed down between the valley of her breasts and straight down to her stomach, teasing he belly button with his tongue, enjoying her gasp and giggle. Smiling up at her, his glacier blue eyes sparkling, and he nipped and sucked on her hipbones, paying special love to where he guessed her gashes would be. His blood an hot for a split second, but he quickly moved to the other side and did the same, just kissing the areas tenderly. He could...smell something? What /was/ that? He couldn't figure out what the scent was /supposed/ to be, but as he moved further down it hit him. Oh.

/Oh/.

So /that/ was where her opening was. It was...fascinating, really. That hadn't been visible before earlier. It was like a dip and a pocket was there and what he figured were her juices shined, the saltwater around them not easily washing it away. It was just then that if he wasn't hard before, he was most /definitely/ hard now. She was /wet/ for /him/. "Do I make you feel just that good, honey?" he murmured, teasing his lips near it but he was so /mean/ by continuing down her fins instead. She had told him to explore the end of her tail and that was what he was going to do.

River whimpered as he pretended to go and take a taste, but instead going down her tail instead. She watched him with half-hooded eyes and just watched as he looked back at her. His eyes just as dark. Even though he probably didn't know it, his scent had /spiked/. He covered her in it, and she could smell the salt and she could /feel/ his length in his trunks. She licked her lips. "You make me feel real good." She promised. "<You're beautiful like this.>" She cooed at him in mermish, forgetting momentarily he didn't speak it.
"I have /no idea/ what you just said, but that was really hot," Buck admitted, cheeks flushing and he smiled at her shyly for a second, before he went back to his current task, slipping further into the water and his hands followed how her tail thinned at her 'knees' and he watched her intently, wondering just where things would start to get interesting. Close to her 'ankles'? Was it where it splayed and thinned out?

She let out a content sigh when he explored her knees. Directly below the "Knee cap" was where she let out a soft moan. But as he went down towards her ankles, she was more responsive. When he reached the tail joint where her ankles would be, she let out a groan and threw her head back. "I'm gonna keep that in mind and you'll never know what you're getting off to." She couldn't help but to tease. "I could be talking about seashells. Or I could be saying you're a damn tease. Which is so true right now. Fuck!" She let out a sharp gasp when he gave her a gentle scrape with his teeth, "You /are/ a tease."

Buck's eyes were lidded now and he smirked at her, rubbing circles into the joint, licking along the translucent part of her tail where he could see the texture, being up close and personal. Reaching the tip where it was thicker he sucked on the tip. He would have to drink /lots/ of water when he got home, but for right now, he was more than okay with his lips getting dry and cracked and his mouth becoming filled with cotton, as long as he got those /noises/ from her as he found a particularly good spot to dig his fingertips.

"Please." River looked down at him. "Come back up here <sweetwater>. You're driving me insane and I haven't properly got my hands on you."

Giving her fin another nibble, he obliged her, the water from the deeper shallows dripping onto her. Buck laid down beside her instead of over her and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close and they met in the middle as they surged at each other for a hot and heavy kiss. He whined in his throat at how goddamn /sexy/ she was and his humming moan was deep when they collided their tongues together.

"Bucky." She murmured, pulling away and staring at him. "Tell me if this isn't okay." She guided his hand towards her pocket and left it at the edge, her breathing shallowed as she waited on bated breath to know what he'd do to her. "I'll do the same." She murmured softly trailing her fingers down his chest, flicking his nipples before going further to his waistband. "Only if this is okay."

Bucky's breathing shifted. He teased the rim where the juices were but just...couldn't bring himself to dip his fingers inside of her. Explore how she felt as a mermaid. It didn't bother him, no quite the contrary if the heavy weight between his thighs was any indication. Just...was he ready? Were /they/ ready? "I'm an all or nothin' kind of guy, River, if you haven't guessed..." he murmured softly, kissing her sweetly, opposite of how they had just gone at it. He moved his hand away and brought his fingers to his lips when he pulled away from her, made sure she was watching him as he licked them clean. It was an...odd taste. He wasn't sure what to make of it, but it was good...and he moaned to let her know just as much before he rinsed them off and kissed her forehead, "I gave you a trinket and found a birth rock for you. This is real, I'm falling for you, sweetheart, but...I'm not quite there yet. The teasing was wonderful, but...not today," he took her hand that was tracing his waistband, kissing her fingertips.

River smiled as she watched him kiss her fingers. "I'm not upset." She promised gently. "You don't want guppies right now and we are rushing things a bit. We have a bunch of things to talk about before we get that far." She understood this completely. "I'm completely and utterly in love with you." It wasn't going to hurt to admit that now. "I'll find you something to prove that."

"Would you be upset if I said I would like our first time to be while you're in your human form? Then we can move on to the more kinky stuff like this?" he asked with a smile, relieved, "You can't use birth control, since your makeup is different than ours, but we can use condoms. I'll find some that will be okay in the seawater."

"That's fine." River smiled, relieved. "You're the onl-" She cut herself off and she gave him a sheepish smile. "I'm not going to bring down the mood. Can we at least cuddle and stay here for a bit longer before I let you go? Or do you need to leave?"

Bucky looked hurt, placing a hand on his chest, "Like I would ever say no to cuddles!"

"Then stop being so far away or I'll draw you underwater and cuddle you there." River pretended to scowl.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 11:26 pm

Groaning just a bit, Buck was rotating his shoulders when he walked into the bedroom, "Hey Steve, might want to text Calla and tell her to wear pants. I loaded the motorcycle into the yacht. You ain't callin' no cab for your date to the city."

Steve took the phone out of his pocket and texted: "Bucky decided that the motorcycle would be the way to your heart, so you might have to restyle your clothes to fit in pants." He looked at Bucky with a bit of mischief. "What would I do without you?" He asked.

"Probably jump out of a plane without a para-shoot," Bucky drawled, hands on his hips, "So, you know, River and I talk all the time on Skype, but you only see Calla if you go to her or she comes to you. You're fallin' behind, buddy."

"We're not really technology people and there's a lot to be said for actually being there." Steve said, looking down at his phone. He had been thinking about that. About how fast Bucky and River were at and where he and Calla were. He wasn't jealous or anything like that. But at the same time, River was a mermaid. The ocean was her element of travel. Steve and Calla needed their boats and time. Ten minutes wasn't far away, but that didn't include prepping the boat and what not. An ocean was different being ten minutes away on the street. Steve wondered. To leave the island? Or to find a small boat like Calla's and use it so that he didn't have to use a fucking yact every time? Steve was determined to make this work. He had everyone's approval. They were going to an art gallary. He was /trying/. But was his trying really /good/? He wanted to bang his head. "Why did you bring it up?"

Bucky answered in a different way, "Steve, Lord knows I banged myself up more than once vaulting from the trunk on several occasions. Not that you didn't have your own stupid moments, fighting bullies in the back alleys and I'd have to come save you. When did you become such a stick in the mud? Even as Captain you'd march me and the Howlies to destroy bases of all shapes and sizes, being right at the front of the line, me watching your left flank. When was the /last/ time you did something reckless?"

Steve actually burst into laughter. He wasn't sure why it was funny and he knew for damn certain that Bucky was a little bit taken aback. "Depends on what your definition of reckless is nowadays." At Bucky's look he decided to be nice. "I want to be closer to Calla. But the island is our home." He watched Bucky for the longest time. "It's something we should...talk about. It's really something we need to discuss before we do anything."

Buck smiled at him, "The point I'm /trying/ to make is to appeal to Calla's rebel side, Stevie. Bike's gunna be a great touch already, but maybe you should...I don't know...open up with her on the straight roads. Cops don't patrol that area much, just the closer to the city you get, really." He came up and gave Steve a nice long kiss, caressing his face and stroking his cheekbones with his thumbs, "We can discuss the island and things later. The skeleton of the shop is underway, as it is." He could always give Howard his house plans ahead of time, if Steve needed a home away from home as well.

Steve rolled his eyes before kissing Bucky back. "I think you took all the stupid with you." He told him sincerely. "But I'll take the motorcyle. Its' a shame it's too hot to wear that brown leather jacket that I have." He grinned at Bucky's eyes darkening. "I can always go with the tight pants and the form-fitting shirt. That seems to get good looks. I'm going to go ahead and prep to leave. You gonna be okay here? Inviting River or...?"

Just then, Steve's phone buzzed, "Oh, hey!" Calla's text started, "River's almost done with that Lights video I finished! Keep an eye on our youtube and maybe you can watch it on the ride over or something. I...um...hope you like it. I did tell you I'd let you know so you can be the first to comment."

Buck hummed as Steve read it over, "I might. Then I can show her around the island personally or give her more books. I'll figure something out."

"Calla did a music video." Steve grinned. "It's been a while since the girls did it besides the Lost In Thoughts. Wonder if River's gonna do one too." He looked back up at Bucky. "You know for a bunch of loners sitting on an island....we had an enormous change of luck."

"That we did. I've been thinking that a lot," Buck nodded, then shoved his shoulder playfully, "Go prep and head out for your date! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!"

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 12:30 am

"Oh my God. Oh. My. GOD!" Calla was jumping up and down, hands clasped together, eyes bright. Her hair was done up and off her shoulders in a bun, two braids leading into it on either side of her head. Her outfit was casual yet stylish, just a pale blue blouse and a pair of white flair slacks, "Whoa! Look at that baby!" She cooed as she hopped off her on step and came closer to Steve. She /had/ intended to meet Steve at the docks but then he'd sent her a text to just stay at her shop home and wait for him to get there.

"Found her in a junkyard and I couldn't keep my hands off." Steve said as he beamed at her. "I have an extra helmet. Bucky gave me an idea to expand upon the art gallery idea, so. Do you want to ride anywhere specific? I know there's backroads cops aren't on."

"You're speakin' my /language/, bad boy! Backroads for sure!" Calla chirped and she took out her phone real fast, snapping a picture once she had it unlocked, catching Steve off guard. She sent it to her mother before she tucked her phone back into her purse. She popped the trunk on the back of the bike, pulling the extra helmet out, "You did a fantastic job fixing her up! I couldn't even tell she was a junkyard baby," she smoothed her hand over the seat and then once the helmet was secure she walked around so she could throw her leg over it properly. Settling, she put her hands on Steve's shoulders, wanting to feel the pull of his muscles as he gripped the handlebars, "I'll hang on better once you cut her loose," she promised. Just getting out of town with it's slow speed limit wouldn't be so bad.

Steve was pleased, not minding where she put her hands so long it was on him. He kick started the bike and they drove down the streets of the town, following the limit. It felt...really nice. It been a while since he was on his bike besides for island-driving. He forgot what it was like, to have the wind in his hair and to have rules to obey at every turn. Something inside of him snapped and he grinned, "Hey, hold onto my waist. I'm going to pick up speed and head down one of the alleyways onto the backroad."

Calla's eyes brightened and she squeezed is shoulders before sliding her fingers down the back of his shirt, across his ribs, and laced them together at his sternum, being careful not to squeeze too tightly and wind him, and her thighs bracketed his hips tighter as well, "Let 'er rip, Steve!" she coaxed.

Steve did. He sped up to at least five miles over the speed limit, which isn't terrible and did a sharp turn going through an alleyway. He slowly picked up speed, but was careful with his turns so that he wouldn't hurt them both. By the time they got out of the alleyway, they were on a road that was practically on the outskirts of the town and they were speeding a lot faster now. "Where are we going?" Steve shouted over the wind. "Anywhere you want."

Calla laughed, though wasn't sure if he heard her or not. For a moment, she just enjoyed the feeling of the wind whipping by and the warmth of Steve's body. She moved up closer to his ear so she didn't make her throat too raw from shouting loud, "What time does the gallery close?! I do want to go there, but if we have time then...downtown in the city!"

"Nine. And you got it." Steve agreed as he gunned it, making Calla squeal. God this was fantastic. He was going to have to really, really thank Bucky. Possibly with whipped cream blow job or bubblebath sex complete with champagne.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 1:19 am

When they walked through the doors together, they were still catching their breath, laughing as their eyes danced, looking at each other intently while Steve tugged Calla by her hand. Calla looked around the shop with it's dark wood shelves, the decor on the walls fulls of greens and light colors for summer. August was coming around shortly, just another few days before the first, but the owner hadn't gotten around to changing the theme.

"I came here to buy the dragon claw for the pearl River gave me. I really liked the owner, Cassandra. She does readings, like...future-seeing readings, but I never came back for one. Figured this would be the best time, since you're on a wild streak," Calla explained to him.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 6:44 pm

"Not really on a wild-streak. Just inspired." Steve rubbed the back of his neck. "Bucky was asking about that. About if there's things that mean friendships to a mermaid. He noticed your pearl is a bit...pure."

"A mother of pearl, pearl," Calla nodded and she took it off, handing it to him so he could get a closer look, "Soul Friend and Soul Mate trinkets, is what River explained to me. I made her a friendship bracelet with beads and stuff instead of just thread." She grinned and while he was gently handling her treasure, she shifted, "So...um...did you watch that youtube video?" she asked, turning shy and nervous.

"I did. I loved it. I think I wrote out a really long paragraph that Bucky's gonna see and he's going to laugh." Steve grinned at her. "I enjoyed the song a lot. I could tell you worked really hard on it."

Calla smiled softly, taking the necklace back when he offered it and spun the pearl around inside the claw, "I'll have to take a look at that comment when I get home tonight, then. Muscle Memory and Oil and Water were what I was torn between but River convinced me Muscle Memory fit a lot better. I'm really glad you liked it." Considering how it described her feelings, too. She heard footsteps on the stairs and figured Cassandra was ready now.

"I was wondering what was making all the noise." Steve looked over to see that there was a redheaded woman that was walking down the stairs. She wore black boots that went up to her knee and a short skirt that really didn't leave much to the imagination. Her V-neck was a bit lower and she showed off her mid-riff, proudly presenting a bellyring. "I'm Cassandra. I run this place." She said, looking straight at Steve. "You must be something special if Calla dragged you to meet me."

"Hey, Cassie, nice to see you again," Calla waved, "I came to take you up on those card readings you talked to me about."

Steve felt like he was being scrutinized. Not like how Hikari and Mark made him jump through hoops. He felt like he was an open book for Cassandra to flip through the pages at her leisure. She did that all without even looking at him too much. "Alright." She said after a moment. "I think you both will do good with my healing with faes. It's not like you need a quest, and adventures are way above your paygrade right now."

"Sounds like fun." Steve said slowly and Cassandra curved her lips into a smile.

"It's a bunch of fun. Come up stairs. I don't do readings down here since it's easy to get walked in on." Cassnadra gestured for them to follow her.

"Oooh, I've never seen your upstairs!" Calla bounded after her excitedly. It was very homey once they got to the top. A couch and a chair on one wall with a table between, a bed in the far back corner where a door that probably led to a closet was, and a small kitchenette where Cass went to put water in a kettle, and that kettle on the hot plate.

Steve looked at the colors that she did. While the colors were more brown and green downstairs, it was more blues and whites upstairs. Not hospital room colors, but...gentle colors that promoted relaxation. There were greens and soft yellows mixed in there too. He supposed that this was a room that would even get Angelina to relax. "How do you know the group?" He asked as he sat down on the couch.

"I give them readings on their birthdays." Cassandra replied as she walked back over to the living room, holding a purple bag. "Every year without fail. Though I miss Angelina's a lot more than I miss anyone else's. I think Fate doesn't like me reading her. Too many demons trying to take over. So that leaves too many paths. Or not enough."

"She also has a booth at the carnival," Calla told him, "She keeps it simple with only three to six cards per person so not to overwhelm herself, but that's when Angelina makes up for not getting he birthday readings."

Cassandra nodded. "She never fails to get the carnival readings that is true." She clapped her hands. "Alright. So. How do we want to do this? Who wants to go first?"

"I can go first, Steve, if you'd like. Let you see how she does it," Calla offered.

"Ladies first." Steve agreed and watched as Cassandra handed the deck to Calla.

Calla took her time, humming the song she'd finished making since it'd been the /only/ thing going through her head for the last /week/ while River helped her film it. She wasn't that good at shuffling, really, splitting the deck and trying to fan them together without making them fly everywhere. Suddenly she felt like she should stop, her hands jerking as she was startled from her reverie, so she smiled at Cass and handed them to her.

Cassandra took the cards and spread them out in what looked like to be a smile or a reverse-horseshoe. Steve watched as the different art forms from Surrealism to illustrated popped out. She hummed, tapping her finger to her lips. “It’s all pretty basic in the beginning. Here your past is that you met a romantic partner, or you’re starting to learn why he’s your romantic partner to begin with.” She pointed at the next card. “Currently you’re trying to figure out your hearts desire and where he goes with that. When I say heart’s desire, I’m not talking about what you need from him. I’m talking about what you need from yourself and where he fits in that.”

"Oh really?" Calla tilted her head as she observed the pictures. What she needed from herself. She would have to think about that one. Yay, food for thought. "Okay. It's not so bad so far."

“So far.” Cassandra agreed. “It says here in the future you’re going to purge yourself from something toxic. Normally when I see this card, it’s talking about something in the body. Taking a bath, doing yoga, something that helps the muscles squeeze out some of the harmful things. However, in this reading…it’s not reading like that. It’s telling me that you need to clean your heart, your mind, and your environment. Strange. The last time we read this card, you had just gotten out of the abusive relationship.”

She hummed as she looked at the next card. “Your action is to remember what you visualized. You worked hard to get where you are and you need to hold that picture in your head.” She hummed. “It’ll help you and protect you.”

Calla stared at Cassandra. "Let me make sure I got this right. Something toxic will come along later and I'll purge myself of it then?" There was nothing in her life right now that was toxic. She was /beyond/ happy.

"I'm seeing the future, not seeing the past or present." Cassandra looked at Calla a little miffed, but not unhappy. "If Steve was abusive or toxic, I wouldn't be doing a reading for him. Just like I never did a reading for /that/ guy."

"Okay, okay," Calla held her hands up, "I was just making sure I wasn't getting anything wrong. What's next?"

Well, in order to keep going. You have to remember what makes you happy and satisfied. That attitude is what’s going to help you move on with the detox and away from whatever is hurting you. Remember whose with you. Remember your happiness and make goddamn sure that your happiness is like a newlywed glow because you deserve to have whoever’s messing around with you think twice.” Cassandra continued, smiling at the peaceful manner. “But it’s going to be hard.” She tapped the only upside down card in the reading. “You’re going to wonder if that person is right or not. You’re going to wonder if you really can have a happy ending. My answer and everyone else is going to be that you do. But only you can believe in that.”

She went to the last card. “Once you detox and the person who was upsetting you is no more, you’re gonna gain a lot of power in you Calla. You’re going to feel like you just took down an army. You’re going to feel like you kicked ass like you never kicked ass before. That’s your future.”

Calla's smile was wide and she nodded just as the tea kettle went off, "Do you have any Irish Breakfast?!" She asked excitedly. Figure out what she needs from herself. Remember what makes her happy when push comes to shove. Fight for the right to be happy. Believe. A simple reading, but perfect.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 7:37 pm

“In the pantry.’ Cassandra called after her with a smile and turned to Steve as she gathered the cards and shuffled them into the deck. “You want a reading?”

“I don’t see why not.” Steve said as he took the deck and closed his eyes. Once he was done shuffling he handed the deck back to Cassandra who spread it out in a tight stretched out spiral. She looked at the spread for a moment, humming as she read what the cards were saying. “You’re a nomad. You experience new locations all the time. First you lived in one spot of the island before you went to the Forgotten War. Then you came back home and moved elsewhere. Even though it’s technically the same location, it’s in a different spot. I think you’re thinking about moving again to another place. Somewhere either on the main island or maybe further.”

Steve blinked in surprise. He had only told Bucky that.

“You’re an artist. The way you express yourself truly is not through words. It’s not through music. It’s through art. A lot of people don’t understand that. They want you to /say/ and to /do/, but your not that type of person. You pour your love and your sorrow on a sketchbook locked away hidden so that no one can use it against you. Sure some people might’ve seen it, but that’s only when they manage to figure out how you speak. You carry pencils with you and markers just in case inspiration hits. I always said dating artists are the hardest people to love. They remember too much about their lovers and not nearly enough about themselves.”

Steve looked down at the cards, “I guess that’s something you and Bucky have in common.”

“Saying the truth? River is like that too. She cares too much for people and not enough about herself.” Cassandra smiled gently. “The next card tells me that you don’t really get an opportunity to show off what type of goals you have or what you think. It tells me that your stagnant. Whether or not you want to move, is up to you.”

“Makes sense.”

She pointed to the next card. “You want to be more than just a romance. You want to be the last first kiss. You want to be the finale.” She paused in this and she frowned. “So why is it upside down? Is it because you want stability? I think you might want to warm yourself up. You’re doing alright now. I think you get stuck sometimes. Because a long time ago, this wasn’t possible, was it?”

“Not really…” Steve agreed slowly.

“That explains why you depend on someone to make you laugh. This person who does that for you, does a lot. He keeps your head afloat. Makes sure that you don’t do something stupid. You…didn’t come out of the War alive did you? You can look shocked at me all you want, but you have scars. You have fears. But you hide. You push it down. Which is why you rely on someone to laugh. You rely on someone to be your joy. That’s a hard burden to take on. Whoever took this mantle, please god don’t let it be River, has thick skin. Thicker heart muscle too.”

Steve didn’t say anything but nod.

“You’re not a very sexual person. And lucky for you that actually is a good thing in this reading. It’s your one true strength. You don’t need sex to feel love. You don’t need the advancements. You want the cuddles and the kisses. You want the sunsets and the small moments. You want the getaway more than you want a quick getaway in the sheets. Since you aren’t a sexual person, it means that you see things more. Which is why you’re an artist. You don’t /need/ to know her body to make you hot. You have it lined on paper, traced with smiles. You have a love letter written.”

Steve’s cheeks flushed.

“Then again, have you ever had sex with a woman?”

Steve gave her a look and Cassandra laughed. “You should try it. You might be turned off on it, but that’s alright. I keep telling Vince that just because he hates sex doesn’t mean he has to turn off from love but I think he and River have too much love stored up that they kinda overflow with each other and there’s not enough room for Vince to have someone on the side. Which is totally Vince.”

Calla cleared her throat to get Steve's attention more than Cassie's, "Is there any tea you'd like me to steep for you?" she asked. She had been paying more attention to the results rather than counting how many cards were read.

"Same thing you're having." Cassandra and Steve said together at the same time and looked at each other with a raised eyebrow.

"Alright then, Irish Breakfast for everybody," Calla giggled and went over to the kettle, pouring tea while she listened and waited for Cass to keep going with her chat with Steve.

Cassandra grinned and looked back at her cards. “Your weakness is your family. I think that’s everyone’s weakness, but for you? It’s the one thing that’ll flip you dark. If someone dares to hurt someone in your family they have to watch out for you. Because you’re not going to show mercy. Mercy’s too kind for someone like that. Man you make me wish you were around more.”

Steve grinned.

“You should run around more. You still aren’t used to being in this body. I know magical enhancement when I see it. You’re aware of it, too aware of it and your self-image is still shit. So you should do more with it. Run around, do jumping jacks, do something to make you feel good. Hell take your motorcycle out more. Take Calla out dancing. Or whatever it is that makes you feel good. I know Dylan’s twin does things at a gym. You could see if she’ll help you out.”

“Dylan has a twin?”

“They don’t talk about each other much, but they’re very much mirror images of /my/ brother-in-law and sister-in-law. Only Zan is more…sporty and Dylan’s more meh and library. She can help you a lot.” She pointed at the very last card. “You want to be more reliant on yourself. You feel like you’re burdening people around you and you’re not. You felt like that before. You still feel like that now. So, you want change that. You want to be more better able.”

“That sounds like it.”

“I like that the faeries are so kind.” Cassandra beamed as she gathered the cards up and took the tea from Calla when she returned. “Normally they only speak to those who need healing, but they had a lot to say about you and Calla. Which is good. It means I didn’t have to break out the tarot card deck in order to see what’s going in your guys future. Do you have any other plans besides this for a date?”

“Art gallery.”

“Oooh /fun/.” Cassandra grinned like a wolf. All teeth and eyes glinting. Steve couldn’t help but to wonder how Bucky would take to Cassandra, and what it’d be like to draw her.

"I have a place close by I'm actually going to show you next. A different kind of 'art gallery'," Calla sipped her tea and she looked up at Cassie, "We can just walk there, it's not that far."

"Cool." Cassandra smiled brightly as Steve blinked but didn't seem to be too taken aback by the change of plans. If anything he seemed to be a little eager.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 8:44 pm

As they walked along, Calla leading the way, she grinned as they went through an alleyway. It was blank at first, before it started to gain some color. It began with swirls and abstract designs that were whatever the viewer perceived them as. Then they got progressively better, becoming more defined with more outlines shines and shadow, the word 'Amaze' in purple black and ice blue trailing at the end of they alley. They turned again and after passing a street, disappeared through another. This one actually had real pictures in it, starting with a blue and yellow bird.

"You did this?" Steve asked curiously as he looked at the graffiti. It wasn't his type of artstyle, but he could see the passion that she had for it. He was kind of amazed that it was what lead her to being the artist that she was now.

"I had a special jacket that had a face piece that came over my nose but kept my eyes free," Calla nodded, "God, the nostalgia," she murmured fondly, touching one that was a mish-mash of paint that morphed into the face of a woman before fading off again with more color, "I couldn't afford to get caught by the police for vandalism once I turned eighteen so I stopped. It was so much fun while it lasted, though."

"Did River ever help you or was it your escape?" Steve asked curiously. "I didn't ever think of graffiti. I wrote on a desk once, but that's all."

Calla shook her head, "It was my escape, though..." she paused at one of an outlined woman with blue-green hair similar to her dyed bits, the image looking off to the side, "River did inspire me. See how her hair is really flowy as if she was underwater? I loved seeing River's hair float around her."

"She's a good friend. Bucky inspired me." Steve smiled a little. "I'd show you the pictures I drew of him, but he's self-conscious. So I can't unless he tells me I can show you. I really wish I could."

"A picture is worth a thousand words. That's what Cassie was saying. So, I'm sure it is just as personal to you what those pictures of Bucky would say. I'm touched you'd like to show me, though," Calla smiled back, "What do my pictures say to you?"

"It tells me that you love." Steve softly as he looked at the pictures. "You immortalized River and your mom because you love them. You did words and other things just to prove that you could. That you were not backing down from a challenge. The law to you is a challenge. It's a challenge wrapped in a present and you're gonna go far with it."

Calla blushed, but she was very happy at the observation. They left the alley and after walking a bit further, they came across a chain-link fence and she pointed through it. On the side of the school building ahead of them, was a very detailed headshot of a redheaded woman looking over her shoulder, her face clearly that of a sugar skull setup. "That was the very last piece I did before I graduated and promptly turned eighteen."

"Looks like Cassandra or Ariel." Steve mused as he looked at it. "Cassandra is more likely though isn't it?"

"Yeah," Calla agreed, "That grin says it all, doesn't it?" she laughed softly, then reached out and took his hand, "We can go to the art gallery you wanted to take me to now. Did you submit a piece and that's another reason why you wanted to go?"

"No. I didn't even think of submitting one. I just wanted to see you light up around art. I know it speaks to you just like it speaks to me." Steve answered shyly. "Though if that's a bad idea, I still have a motorcyle. The world's our oyster."

"It's still a wonderful idea. After that, we can go eat something. Since you can't drink, maybe we could go see Cassie's brother Sam at Fiery Wave. River's expecting me to be gone all day," Calla promised, leaning up on her tip-toes to kiss his cheek, "Let's go back and hop on your bike and go from there."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 12:13 am

Watching the sunset on the bow of the ship had been romantic and content, just enjoying each other's company, his arm around her shoulders. Now they were below deck and Steve was heating tea on the stove. The space had amazed Calla. There was plenty of room to move around, not cramped, and there was a door that led to the bedroom and another door with the bathroom. "It's gorgeous in here," she complimented, sitting down at the table.

"Thanks. Bucky and I worked really hard to make sure it was the both of us." Steve said as he sat down at the table, pushing a mug of tea into Calla's hands and blowing on his. "Thank you for coming out with me."

"We needed it," Calla smiled at him sweetly and blew on hers, but mainly just let the mug warm her hands, "You were very energetic today, even if Cassie did say you let Bucky be your joy. I felt the shift in your energy on the bike when you let loose. It was heady and amazing," she took a sip, careful not to burn her tongue, "Sam liked you quite a bit at the bar, too. Too bad you couldn't dance, but I understand." He'd told her he didn't know how, which couldn't really be helped.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 7:23 am

"I liked the music that Candy played." Steve smiled brightly. "So even though I couldn't dance, I enjoyed it anyway. I think I wrote down some of the songs so that I could show them to Bucky. He'd be excited to see how Candy remixes them. I can see why Angelina calls that her favorite club." Angelina might have crowd issues, but sometimes she was able to shove all of that aside and go out and have a good time. Normally she went out with Calla. Dylan wasn't really a club person and Steve understood that wholeheartedly himself. "We should do it again."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 10:28 pm

"You'd like to?" Calla grinned wide, "I'm really glad to hear that. Maybe one of these days I can get you on the dance floor, but I'm willing to wait until you learn. I hope Buck likes the music." She took her cup and stood up, going to walk around a little bit, even staring out the window at the water. It was so surreal. "I'm so used to my normal little boat. I grew up on lots of yachts with my mom and dad constantly traveling, so I guess that's why I went small, but after being without one I do kind of miss it. Easy to duck under when the weather gets bad instead of being drenched and miserable."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 12:18 am

Steve nodded. "Sometimes I think a yacht is too big. Being drenched and miserable out on sea is one thing when a sudden storm hits. You know, River told me something about the ocean I never thought of. She said that there's sailors and then there's sailors. There's those who sail the sea to sail, and then there's people who sail the sea and actually become /apart/ of it. I just sail. But you? I think you sail because in some fashion or another, you're apart of it. I think that's really beautiful. I can tell that just sitting here, and drinking tea with you, you know the current underneath your feet. You know the sea like sings to you. You're not scared of it. While as for me, I can feel the bouncing of the waves, but I don't take much notice after that. It suits you."

"I move, rock, and sway on a boat like some would if they grew up on a horse. I don't understand those who fear the ocean like ranchers can't understand why people are terrified of the gentle giants," Calla turned sheepish, trying to hide her blush as she drank a sip of her tea, and then she gave him a tiny smile, "It boils down to respect. If you respect the ocean then it will treat you right. Can't help if it has a temper tantrum, but a lot of the time things like that are do to hot and cold currents and sciency-stuff."

Steve grinned. "No wonder River and Bucky love you." He said kindly. "Bucky took to the ocean like a fish to water when we moved on the island. He wanted to /understand/ it. I guess it wasn't too much of a surprise for me when he said that he wanted to try to go out with River. I think when Bucky lost apart of himself in the war, he found it again in the waves." He looked at Calla. "Like I'm learning to find apart of myself in the city."

Calla rubbed her lips together and nodded slowly, taking in his words and drinking some more, leaning against the wall. His voice while they talked deeper meanings had a soothing effect like she could listen to him talk like that all night long. "What did you think about your reading, really? I was listening of course and some things made plenty of sense, but I'm just curious if anything stuck out to you more than the rest." She went to rest her head back then winced as her bun prodded her head. Reaching up she undid it and the braids fell down on either side of her face while the rest bounced across her shoulders.

Steve thought about it. The reading had been spot on for the most part. He knew that Cassandra must be a magician, or perhaps she was an elemental with that type of talent. He hoped Hydra never found her. He hoped that Hydra wouldn't dare try to use a seer for their own means. "I thinks she was accurate."

Calla nodded and came back to sit in front of him again, her feet touching his, "Are you...able to tell me what it is that you're finding in yourself at all? Or is it still fresh and you need time to process it sort of thing?"

"I think I need time to process." Steve said slowly. "And keep trying and when I think I got it down, I'll let you know what I found. But right now I /think/ I found something that makes me happy. I think that's what it is."

Grinning wide she nodded firmly, "That's always good! When you find something that makes you happy. I vaguely remember River saying that was in one of her conversations with Bucky, if he knew what made him happy or not. It's great that you're finding things to add to your own list. You need to have some joy of your own instead of having him be joyful for you, like Cass said."

"Bucky started making a list actually." Steve remembered Bucky pouring into his journal and when Steve had asked, Bucky admitted it was a list of good things because he realized he didn't have one. It helped him calm down after a nightmare a lot faster, re-reading all the good things that happened and things that make him feel at ease. Of course he utilized talking to River, but he had other methods now. "Maybe I should start writing a physical one too."

"Only if you think it'd help keep track," she took another sip, "I like to think of myself as a happy person. Lots of things make me happy, really. Hanging with my friends, painting, cross stitch for personal time...now Bucky...this...everything about today, honestly..." she bit her lip, "You."

"I think you're making me happy too. Today was fun and awesome as well." Steve admitted. He thought about it and he placed his cup down. "Do you mind if I try something?"

Calla followed his lead and set her cup to the side, "Sure?" she furrowed her brows, completely oblivious and wondering what he had in mind, "Do you need me to do anything?"

"Um. No? Not unless you want to. Just..." Steve fumbled a little before he moved in and kissed her on the lips. It was chaste and gentle, but there was a firm sureness and certainty that went to it.

Calla made a soft noise of surprise, eyes wide and her brain short-circuited. The next noise she made was a happy little hum and she leaned into it, bringing her hand up to hold his cheek. His lips were soft, meshing with hers pleasantly and she tilted her head a bit more, feeling her body flush and tingle.

He pressed a little firmly and then decided to be brave by asking her permission to enter. He slid his tongue across her bottom lip and whimpered when she opened her mouth, allowing him to taste the tea and to make the kiss a little more intimate.

She was really, really put out that there was a damn /table/ between them, but she shifted in her seat so he wouldn't have to lean so far forward and tried to make the best of it, her fingers moving up his cheek to thread into his hair, but all she did was massage his scalp, sometimes scratching with her nails. She didn't grab and pull, wouldn't dare, and her tongue slipped and slid with his, swirling and rubbing. She didn't go for the teeth-tracing, but she did nip at his bottom lip just a tiny bit before sucking on it.

Steve let out a sharp gasp, but allowed the kiss to end there. He felt flushed and hot underneath the collar, but he had nothing for protection on the yacht. It wasn't like him and Bucky had kinky sea-sex often enough for it. "Yeah." He said hoarsely. "That's going on my list too."

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 2:32 pm

The shop was finished just in time for the second week of September. August had blown by in a blur, the carnival was just around the corner, and Buck was a little concerned because the profile pages of the Howlies had gone completely silent. Steve told him not to worry, reminding him they were moving and probably didn't have time, but those guys were /always/ posting crap. Steve just didn't /understand/.

Though, he was happy. He'd finished his home away from home upstairs in the loft and to his surprise, Steve was using it a ton just as much as he was. He swore if it wasn't for their cat Peggy the house on the island would have been completely abandoned for a week at one point as Steve tried to also help him set up. Buck had been too concerned she would get underfoot otherwise he would have allowed Steve to bring her across the pond. Howard had tacked on something else to his original conditions after Buck had given him the house plans, but instead of right beside it they'd bought a house lot literally right in front of the shop across the street.

The skeleton had been set up but the workers sent off for a break so it had just been sitting there for a few days. Bucky tied his hair up in a ponytail while he stared at it, mind whirling and coming up with different setups he could possibly do. It was a two story with a garage since a basement would get flooded. Upstairs there would be a room that would be made into a library/office, the other room strictly for crafting. Then there was a huge bathroom and three bedrooms; one that he would tell River to go to town on and make it a nursery whenever she had her heats. One room would be for Steve and Calla, and the other room for himself and River.

Of course, Steve and Calla no doubt would buy their own house in the city, Bucky mused to himself as he turned back around and started to get back to work on the truck he had picked out from a junkyard. The downstairs would have the open kitchen and dining area, then the huge living room area, the guest bedroom and the second bathroom. It would be fantastic. The front of the house had a porch and the yard just enough room for holiday decorations and patches for flowers to be put but not much else. The backyard, though...that was where he would tell Steve to make him another Eden, with a patio set and maybe a gazebo and a beautiful garden around a fountain but a nice sectioned off area for the at-home playground for the kids to play, the entire thing made private by a six-foot high fence made of thick plywood that Calla and Steve could paint murals on.

Steve didn't know half of his ideas, but after, what, three-four months with the girls he really could /not/ see himself and Steve with anybody else. Steve and Calla had been spending so much more time together that it was making Bucky high just seeing Steve double over letting out a gut-wrenching laugh that brought tears to his eyes and made him winded. The nightmares were few and far between, and he'd never forget the time not so long ago Steve had one for the first time in ages and he'd been so disoriented he dialed Calla's number, waking her up, but she'd stayed on the phone with him until he calmed down, and even after Calla had passed out again on the other end (she apologized profusely the next day), Steve had kept the phone on speaker to focus on Calla's breathing, matching it and Buck had to end the call and turn it off once his lover was unconscious again himself.

It had warmed his heart that Steve'd reached that point of trust with his girlfriend. Seeing them kiss and touch, too, made him giddy. He didn't need to be the only source of Steve's happiness anymore.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he finally realized there was a shadow and he glanced over to see bright emerald eyes and a freckled face framed by white hair. Angelina waved at him with a grin and he blinked at her, "Hello. When did you get here?"

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 6:40 pm

"I don't know. Don't keep a watch." Angelina beamed as she walked in further, staring at what he was working on. She plopped down on the ground and outstretched her legs as she watched him work. Her green eyes staring at him curiously before nodding her head a few times and looking back at his work. "I like your home. The one in your mind." She tapped her head. "I like the warmth. Not many homes have that. A warmth. Mine doesn't. I try to make my apartment like that. I don't know if I succeeded or if I failed. You haven't seen my home. I think you'd be honest. Dyl-dal's honest, but...outsider honesty. Do you need help?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 1:07 am

"So it's more than just being electric, isn't it?" Buck asked, "You can read minds?" He looked through the open double garage doors at the house skeleton and then back at her, "If you want to help me you can, Angel. I haven't hired anybody, so if you'd like to work for money we can set something up." He paused, "Warmth...is a place filled with love. The island...it's more like a retreat than a home. It's cold. It doesn't have the same warmth as that and that isn't even finished yet. This workshop has more warmth in it, too. Your apartment...you're alone there. Perhaps you and Dylan should get a place together, make it official. If he's too shy then you can do something, you know. It's not like it's the 40s, girls can ask guys to marry."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 1:15 am

Angelina smiled, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. "It'll ruin his plans. He has ideas that he wants to do. It's not that he's a coward. It's just..." She tapped her head again. "It's about to be bad again. Every time he's about to say it, I fall apart. Not because I don't want to. But because I'm not healthy. Mentally." She shrugged a little. "I think I might have to go back to the quiet place soon." She admitted sadly. "My apartment's been chatting. The walls have been feeling closed in. Dylan and Vince are starting to make my skin itch. It's starting to get bad. Dylan can't keep rent on his own. That's why I live by myself. I'm on disability. If you want to hire me, you can. But I'll be out more than in. It'll be hard on you to keep me."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 3:13 am

"That's for me to decide. I'll be fine. Those on disability can only work 20 hours at the most, if that. You can come in when you want, leave when you want, but you'll get paid for what you work," Buck offered tenderly, "Hey, I know...what it's like to have the walls chat and feel like they're closing in." He looked around, but then he allowed the glamour to fade away from his arm. He was sure Steve would be shocked to know he'd shown someone outside of himself and the Howlies his metal arm, but Angelina needed someone who really understood.

Angelina felt her heart break when she saw his arm. She knew that it was metal, but now she knew that he glamoured to hide. "PSTD?" She asked softly as she looked at it. She didn't want to touch, she was scared that if she did, she'd hurt him and he was the nicest person save her friends to talk to her and make her feel normal. Kinda like a parent. But not quite.

"It's okay to touch, and yes...I have nightmares a lot more frequently than Steve does, but when Steve has his they're horrible, so...yeah. I guess mine are so frequent I'm desensitized to them a bit and so is Steve. We've developed a routine, even, depending on which nightmare and how deep I was in it," Buck shrugged, "River...kinda broke that and it was really nice, having a new voice to be concerned for me."

Angelina touched his arm, careful so that her powers didn't hurt him. It felt more like a static shock than anything, so she knew that he didn't get hurt too badly if at all. "I remember when I went into the quiet place. She visited me a lot when I was allowed. Dylan. Calla. Vince. My parents didn't care. They didn't want me to be messed up. Thought I fucked up everything. Dylan's mom works hard to like me. Zan. Zan a lot too, but not like River. Zan doesn't bleed like River does. River won't /stop/ bleeding. Like Steve. Only...less sad."

Buck smiled wryly, rubbing her arm gently, "I know they do. Steve is pretty sad, isn't he? He's improved a lot, though...we both have. Are you going to go to the quiet place again before or after the carnival next week?" He decided to ask, "I hear it often enough that those who aren't related by blood are often a lot closer to you."

Angelina smiled sadly. "Too bad it's the case. I don't know. I hope after. I haven't gotten my card reading from Cassandra yet. I miss my birthdays. But I try not to miss the carnivals. Though...Cassandra thinks that fate doesn't want me to know much. Probably cuz I make my own and don't need help."

"Whatever you think is best. No one would hold it against you, I'm just wondering what your plans were," Buck shrugged, "I was trying to fix this truck up since part of my plan is cars /and/ boats and I need something to haul other cars with back here if I get a breakdown call. I want to get it done before anything else, really."

"You could use a trailer. A ramp." Angelina said as she looked at the trunk critically. "What's wrong with it so far?" When he listed off the problems she nodded for a moment. "It's a junkyard baby. I can get parts for it. You might want to wait a bit here and there for it to get fixed. But the rest of it...that's just screwing around with wires. Lucky for you. You don't need another car in here to jump anything. You got me." She held her fingers up excitedly.

"See? I do need you," Buck's grin was bright and he ruffled her hair playfully, "Let's get to work, then!"

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 12:16 pm

"So...what do you think, baby?" Buck asked Steve as the final 'best for last' place was standing on the back deck looking out at the vast backyard which looked much better in person than in his head even as there was nothing in it. He wrapped his arms around his boyfriend from behind, nuzzling his shoulder, "Stark went ahead and put up that six foot white plywood for me when I said I wanted privacy. White's better for doing murals, isn't it? Better than painting it all white to begin with?" They'd already gone through the whole house, Steve making comments and suggestions the entire time but overall loving it.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 12:07 am

"Are you sure you want us to paint on it?" Steve asked as he surveyed the area. He knew that this was where the kids were mostly going to play. He and Buck badgered each other one whether or not a cave was really safe for River and whether or not they should invest in a pool so that River and the egg was closer to home than far away. Calla had also tossed in her opinions on it, but all three of them agreed that maybe they needed to talk about it when River was actually expecting. Bucky was firm in the cave, Steve the pool, and Calla...well...she called herself the mediator. "We could save it till the kids grow a bit older, and have them do their own creations on it with Calla and I. We could do some here and there."

"I like that idea, too," Buck nodded, "You and Calla can each pick a corner at least, and leave the rest of it blank for the kids." He squeezed him a bit before moving away and to the railing of the deck, "We should have a cookout once we get a patio built. Haul the grill over from the island. Do you...want to live here? Until you and Calla want to find a place in the city? I'm sure she'll still live above the shop with River, but I'm thinking of asking River to move in with me. Would you mind the three of us together? You should bring Peggy to come over, she might like a new place to roam and isn't stuck in the house all the time."

"We're going to have to talk about whose sharing Peggy." Steve folded his arms a little and looked out at the yard again. 2 years on the island and now their lives were picking back up again. It was crazy and a whirlwind and he never thought that leaving the island was something they'd ever do. Yet Steve couldn't deny that he felt happier about it. Relaxed. Maybe they shouldn't have the pool in the backyard /here/. The island was theirs. They could build a pool on the land, make sure River was comfortable. Steve knew better than to bring up that idea. But he'd keep it safe. Hell, after the baby was born with him and Calla, the island might be a good idea to bond.

"I think she's more your cat," Buck smiled, "I can always ask River if she'd like to get a pet. A big dog would be cool, like a golden retriever," he smirked at Steve, "Call it Grant and I'll always have you with me," he teased.

"I'm getting a second cat and naming it James." Steve said dryly. "'Cause Buck's already taken and Barnes just sounds awful for a cat name. Barn Cat."

"I think that'd be our inside joke and no one else will understand," Buck laughed heartily, "Still, though, answer my question. Would you live here with me and River? Or would you perhaps end up moving into the shop with Calla?" That idea hadn't occurred to him before.

"Something tells me I should stay here for a bit." Steve said, shifting a little. "At least till November, December. Calla's gonna understand when I tell her I'm staying here." He couldn't help but to say this. "Just to let you know when the day rolls around, I'm betting River's having a girl. Dylan and Vince are both piling money on boy."

Buck blushed heavily, "I think you'd have a son, so either way. That might have to be something I focus on when River has her next heat is baby names, because you'd no doubt name your child Joseph, but I don't know what I'd name mine, boy /or/ girl. What name would you go for if you did by chance have a girl? Any idea?"

"Sarah." Steve replied and winced when Bucky slapped him on the shoulder. "Sarah Elizabeth sounds pretty awesome."

"Your mom will be so happy to hear that," Bucky drawled, nudging him again, "So original, Stevie. I swear to god I wouldn't name my kids George or Winifred. At least you have normal parent names."

"So name your kid something unusual." Steve replied looking at Buck. "it's kind of in your nature already to be unusual. River's a weird name too if you think about it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU   Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coastal Living - Captain America Fantasy AU
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next