Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 12:32 am

"No. His pout is too cute. He's going to be the third wheel no matter what now." Kurama nodded towards Yusuke and Haru who were having their first drink of the night, "I'll have to keep an eye on him after tonight to make sure he doesn't get weak. She fell off the bench and he helped her up. It wasn't certain about her response, but Yusuke got a familiar expression I'd only seen him give his ex."
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 12:39 am

"Oh she's a bondmate then? Or just a crush?" Shika asked curiously as she peered over at the spot where Yusuke and Haru were occupying. "That'll be so much fun to find out. I don't know Haru all that well, just stories that Hisako told me. She might be a good queen, but she may be terrible too. I should probably get to know her. It could be fun."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 12:44 am

"I don't know her very well, either. I just met her yesterday. I can't quite tell what sort of demon she is, but she is hanyou...has Hisako said?" Kurama tilted his head curiously, "We can tell each other what we find out. I think she might be a bondmate, but it's too soon to tell. I'll know soon enough, but I'll try to catch it before he collapses or something during training. Besides tonight, we don't have any plans. He does have his duties to attend, and she's got an active job as a bodyguard. So it would be hard to meet up unless we make arrangements."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 1:20 am

"Bodyguards are so strange, it's a good thing Hisako's tied to your guys' royal family. Otherwise, Hiei and Hisako might be just as difficult, who knows." Shika mused. "We'll see what happens...oh boy." She looked over towards where her friend was at. "Hisako's getting hit on. By Rei again."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 5:42 pm

"I see that..." Kurama took a sip of his drink. Hiei was far enough away not to be noticed, but that would change when the fire demon had enough of Rei's antics. "This is going to be amusing. Hiei's slowly becoming her secret, silent protector."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 8:21 pm

Shika nodded, watching the three of them with a smile on her face. "I don't know about secret, but silent." She said as she turned her attention back to Kurama. "And here Kuronue thought Hisako would never find a man and you just told me that Yusuke didn't think Hiei would find one either. I hope their bond mates. I'm really, really hoping."

"You're still sober." Rei pouted as he sat down next to Hisako. She nice tray of food going, along with a decent sized bowl of rice that she put practically whatever she wanted on top of it. "Are you not interested in telling us stories tonight or are you trying to catch someone's eye?"

"I'm trying to enjoy my food." Hisako raised an eyebrow at Rei. "You can't do that if it's diluted by alcohol. It tastes horrible."

"That's because you're not drinking it right." Rei admonished. "The sake is supposed to make the food taste flavorful. Unless the human world ruined your taste buds."

"I think they have just as much weird alcohol flavors of sake as we do here." Hisako mused. "But seriously, I'm staying sober at least till the end of the party. Otherwise, I'm going to get loud, and just talk non stop and I'll just embarrass myself."

"You do that plenty when you're in the human world and sober." Rei pointed out to her. "You can't be that different when drunk."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 10:13 pm

"It's not wrong for her to want to enjoy herself for a little while first before all of you start badgering her for stories and shoving liquor down her throat." Hiei piped up as he seemed to appear out of nowhere, his own plate in his hand and he sat down across from Hisako.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 11:55 pm

Hisako blinked as she had about to take a bite of her food when Hiei said that. She hadn't expected him to come by and save her from this awkward conversation. She smiled but placed the bowl on her lap and covered her mouth with her hand since she accidentally took a bigger bite than she intended.

"Aw." Rei laughed looking over at Hiei. "Nah, it's not wrong. But you gotta admit it'd be fun. We've been trying to get Kurama to drink a little, but he decided to save the wine for Shika. Which is alright. Their mates after all."

"Tradition says drinking games and contests are at the end of the night too," Hisako pointed out. "Best to remain sober at least till then."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 7:45 pm

"Not everyone has Kurama's tolerance and want to survive until the games begin." Hiei drawled, "You will get your stories. It is something she promised. So cool your head and move on until then."

Rei knew that he wasn't wanted, nor needed. He patted Hisako's shoulder and stood up, "You got a handful here." He teased as he walked off, not seeing Hisako's raised eyebrow expression.

"Well, I'm glad /that/ got rid of him. He'd bug me all night otherwise." Hisako rolled her eyes fondly and she looked at Hiei curiously. "Speaking of stories, you told me earlier that you liked the human world art. Do you do any as a hobby?"

Hiei straightened a bit in surprise at the question, but then he smirked a bit and dug out a strip of meat from his plate, reaching into his pants pocket, pulling out a notepad and handed it over to her, "Kurama got me that pocket sketchbook. It can get boring at times while I'm working with Mukuro, but I don't like twiddling my thumbs, as the humans say it. I hate being bored. Those aren't nearly anything worth noting, as the space is so small, but it's something to do. I have larger pads at the Temple we stay at in the Human World when Yusuke needs a break from the desert and is complaining there isn't enough green."

Hisako took the book gingerly like she was holding something that was priceless and started flipping through. "I'd love to see these larger." She admitted as she looked at each piece. "The amount of detail that you get...do you do more than sketch? Paint? You'd be such a good painter...or even using charcoal. I hear from the other art students that's a hard medium to work with though. Especially the white charcoal. I only had to use it once, I wanted to poke my eye out."

"Charcoal, I can use it. I don't use white unless I'm going for a grey. If you want a white area or highlight use an eraser. I don't like watercolor, but not because of the unpredictability. It is controllable if you do it right, but it's too pale. I paint the world as I see it, and it's not soft. Kurama tells me my color composition is spot on." Hiei shrugged, "The only time anything deserves a watercolor painting is when it's winter. Even then, I tend to use ink washes instead and gauche which is water soluble but has the boldness I'm looking for."

"I'm presuming those collections are in the human world as well?" Hisako asked as she handed the book back to Hiei. "You're making me wish you had a gallery of some sort so I could see these works, they sound beautiful. You use acrylics for the paintings then?"

"Oil. Acrylic is too fast, no time to work it the way I want it. It takes time to dry, but there's mediums to speed up drying time." Hiei explained, putting the pad in it's rightful place in his pocket, "I use to have all of my things at that Temple, but I ended up moving most of it to Yusuke's palace. More space to spread out."

"I bet it lightens up the castle too," Hisako nodded solemnly. "Considering that Raizen was a....minimalist type of king rather than someone that took pride in having things that demons would consider priceless. Oils. I'll remember that."

"You interested in doing art?" Hiei arched a brow at her, digging into his meal a bit more that he didn't have to worry about his pad.

Hisako shook her head with a smile. "You should see the art work I've done during my high school career, Hiei. I'm certain you'd either laugh, cry, or you'll wonder why the fuck I even bothered trying." She laughed lightly. "My artistic talents are only musical. No, it's just something to remember. I know you were raised by the bandits way back when you were small, but what's at the temple in the Human World that you keep talking about besides your paintings? Was it passed down to Yusuke or something?"

"It was, technically. You'd possibly know it as Genkai's Temple. She gave it to the four of us and our extended family and friends. My sister, Yukina, and her mate and children live there. It's a safe place for Touya when he is home from missions." Hiei told her, "Music...I understand the art and talent behind music as well. That is something I couldn't quite do."

"I heard of her." Hisako nodded in agreement. "She was a legend here, just like her student was before he became king. I remember hearing stories about how demons craved to get the spirit orb and learn her techniques. In fact, one of them did their best to do it too. He was a bit of a dick, so I'm not surprised he lost. He was dangerous though. A demon being able to mimic is just as dangerous as a demon whose power /is/ mimic. They're not exactly villains I'd want to go up against unless I was paid a hefty amount. Even then, I might decline unless it was for a good reason."

"Rando. Yusuke talked about that. He was only fourteen and not even into his full powers at that point. He won by a fluke. His ears were filled with swamp moss so he couldn't hear the shrinking chant." Hiei actually snorted in amusement, "Urameshi is a lucky bastard."

"Almost everything he does is by luck. Either he was born lucky, or the goddess of luck decided to have sex for once." Hisako snorted, rolling her eyes. "That kid...someone's watching out for him." Her expression turned fond, "Though it kept me from being needed all that much. Which I'm glad for. Raizen was hoping that there'd be a day where his demon blood would be strong enough for his kid to return home to. I think that's what made him live for so long. He's need to see his mate's bloodline. I do admit though...you and I have our hands full. Powerful as he is, he's clueless to our culture and our ways. He can get himself into loads of trouble."

"Shocked he's actually handling things as well as he is. He thinks outside the box. He keeps us on our toes. He understands us more than I expected him to, but at the same time yes. Things such as the courting ritual and other rituals go over his head." Hiei nodded, taking a huge bite out of a meat leg.

"Dear god save us if he finds a bond mate that's a demon." Hisako glanced upwards towards the sky before going back to her food. "That'll be a disaster. A good disaster, but a disaster."

"What about that hanyou friend of yours? Demon, unless they're like you and Kurama and understand human ways, wouldn't work so well for him. A human such as his oaf of a friend Kuwabara would also be a disaster. He is going to live longer than them by default now. It's difficult to explain things to them. Yusuke's never really fit in the human world, he told me as much before. Doesn't understand his own race sometimes. He also /was/ married to one, then she divorced him when he fought the winner of the last Tournament." Hiei rubbed his chin of the meat juice, "A hanyou would be the best match."

"Hm, like Haru-chan?" Hisako looked over at the table where Haru and Yusuke were on their second bottle, and neither of them looked like they were about to stop. Haru's a lightweight, but she almost guess that Kurama had the foresight to ask someone to dilute it a bit. Undoubtedly, they were going to notice once the games began. "She's strong. She survived me. I suppose I could let them court, see what would happen."

Hiei's face twisted in curious amusement with a touch of sinister plotting, "Just how would you get them to court?"

Hisako looked shocked, but her delight was immediate afterwards. "Oh gosh, what would I do..." She looked back at the table with a thoughtful expression. "Well, Haru-chan /is/ a hanyou, so she's not really going to care one way or another on how Yusuke chooses to court her, so long as its' meaningful, which means we have two ways to do this. We could either get Yusuke to know demon world courting, or we can tell them to go to the human world. I think that the more we get Yusuke into the culture, the better he'll be for leadership. So, I think that Yusuke should take her on as a body guard. I mean, technically it's /my/ job, but considering that she /survived/ me, I don't think anyone in my clan is going to fucking care. That'll bring them into close proximity with each other and they'll have no choice /but/ to get to know each other both as a job position /and/ as a person. But the rituals...humans have their own, and since Yusuke's more inclined to do a human route, I think that'll be more of an interest to Haru, who doesn't know much. They'll be each other's teacher in culture and ritual! It'll be an even exchange between the two."

"Does Haru know demon courting? Not all of it is complicated and in a way, if she is his bodyguard, he would see her strength and that would appeal to that side of him as well." Hiei agreed, "Humans also display their ability to provide in a different way than us. Yusuke's got that covered either way, as a King and being a proud partner. Even if I despised her, his protectiveness of his last woman was fierce."

"I have no idea, but asking her through me would be suspicious. I'll run on the assumption that she at least knows what it looks like. I mean, you can't live here without being attempted to be courted at least twice." Hisako made a face. "Those poor bastards. Anyway. You're right about the humans having their own thing. More money and less personal touch though I noticed. Well, depending on the human." She amended. "Shika and Kurama kind of already have a human/demon thing going on themselves and that was /before/ he decided that dying was a good idea." She glanced over at Shika and Kurama and turned back to Hiei. "But I have a feeling that Yusuke would be turned on more with Strength than intention. I think she'd have to show that she can hold her own first, before he even considers trying to date her. I mean, if his last love was a human...and he was abandoned, he's not going to make the same mistake twice. He never does."

"No he doesn't, that is correct. His last woman was weak. He had to protect her all the time, and that would get tiring when everyone is after your head." Hiei agreed, "Yusuke likes to touch, actually, in reference to that comment. He slaps our backs all the time; it is a friendly action he does. There would be a balance here, if they courted, just as their bloodlines would suggest. I see him taking her to that human place for fun...the arcade. He mentions it to Kuwabara each time we are there. Also the theatre. I endured it once and there were too many people. Humans also go to a designated place to eat for their 'dates', but that is where I feel Yusuke would deviate and perhaps dine outside or even at the Temple, have my sister make a meal for them instead. He enjoys her cooking."

Hisako's eyes lit up. "The arcade would be fun." She admitted with a bright smile. "It's a bit on the noisy side for me...but I've been dragged there. I know Haru-chan has a competitive streak so that'll work fantastically. I thought it was so weird, the first time I saw a restaurant, but..." Her lips pursed like she just tasted something sour.  "I seen weirder afterwards and as long as he doesn't think /those/ are fun, I think he'll be okay. I hope he catches his own food before he asks your sister to make it...I'll feel bad otherwise."

"Would it ease your mind on that if I told you he fishes?" Hiei smirked a bit.

"Oh thank god he's not incompetent." Hisako sighed.

Kuronue who had been edging closer and closer to the conversation, just to hear what was being said, walked over and wrapped his arms around Hisako. "I'm so proud of you!" He said before letting her go and walking off to find Kurama and Shika, leaving Hisako stunned and looking highly confused as to what just happened.

~

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 1:12 am

"I know you are random, but what was that about?" Kurama asked in amusement as he arched a brow at Kuronue when he sat down across from him.

"Kurama, you're going to be so sad that our little Hisa-chan's growing up." Kuronue grinned brightly. "I can't believe it myself. But first I gotta tell you. Guess whose trying to get the King of the Demon World and our lovely Bodyguard together?"

"I'm almost terrified about this." Shika admitted, leaning a little into Kurama's hold. "I don't want to guess."

"Kurama?" Kuronue turned to his friend.

"Hisako and Hiei are plotting?" Kurama failed to hide his grin, "From my position I can see Hiei's face better, and he is lighting up in ways I only see when he is excited for a battle."

"Yes!" Kuronue beamed happily. "I think that it's Hiei's way of getting together with Hisa-chan."

"I can't imagine Hiei going through /that much/ just to go with Hisako." Shika shook her head from side to side. "He must have a hidden match-maker inside of him and Hisako somehow brought it out."

"When was the last time Hisa-chan ever /cared/ about someone's romance?" Kuronue scoffed. "I heard more from you two before I found my lovely, beautiful mermaid."

"You have /got/ to stop calling her that." Shika choked on a laugh and picked up her cup. "She'll drown you if she knew how often you sprouted that."

"Tell me more about Naia?" Kurama asked hopefully, curiously, "Hiei isn't one to care about romance, either. I'm quite shocked, but also rather pleased. I was hoping for something to happen. As for Yusuke and Haru, that is a possibility. I saw him help her up when they were having their food fight earlier and she fell backwards off the bench."

"They have an elaborate plan set out those two," Kuronue gestured with this thumb towards Hiei and Hisako. "So unless you want to step in on their fun, I think you should let them attempt to do something out of character. It'll make for a funny story." He grinned brightly. "Where do I start?"

Shika just grinned around the glass and set it down before taking a piece of meat and eating it while Kuronue thought about where to start gushing.

"When did you realize you loved her?" Kurama offered with a gentle smile. Asking how they met was useless, as he already knew, and she saved his life. So, just skipping ahead would be better.

Kuronue smiled like a dork, "The moment she saw my curse and didn't flee." He admitted. "She's a water demon, a Priestess, and a healer. But she's terrified of blood. It makes her faint...it makes her really sick just to smell it. She's a damn good healer despite it. But when I had to release my blood...she didn't flinch. She didn't think I was cursed. She thought it was awful that the magic build up was in my veins rather than a power surge, but...I started releasing in the baths, where there's stone and a drain. I also started to use a lot of scents in there too so the smell wouldn't be too bad for her. She hates that I have to do it, she hates it more that she can't be with me, but giving me a safe place to do that...yeah. I think that's what really made me love her was that moment."

Kurama's expression was tender. The curse was why Kuronue used his blood to tether his scythes in order to whip them around at any distance he chose. If they had a good battle, he didn't have to drain anything. As demons, they healed quickly, but with the properties of his blood, when he cut his arms to release it it scared instead of fading into nothing. Hence the winding ribbons. "That's a very good thing. Priests and Mikos tend to be gentle souls, a rarity here in Makai, but the fact she can deal with you is certainly saying something." He teased.

"Kuro..." Shika beamed. "Tell him about your kid and his mate."

"Oh my god, Kurama." Kuronue leaned in. "I didn't tell you! I forgot it slipped my mind I'm sorry. I have a son whose going to have a kid of his own. He's a Water Priest /and/ he's mated to a Earth Priestess. Just right up in the La'tai Mountain ranges." He gestured towards the east. "He's so amazing. He's a wonderful sword-fighter, you would've been impressed. He's quick and efficient and he shows mercy, but he's also a healer too. He likes doing that more. He looks very close to me, but he has his mama's eyes. He's so amazing. His mate is adorable too oh my god. I'm so excited when they have their kid. I keep debating about who that little sucker is going to take after /and/ they'll be the same age as my other kid that's coming soon."

"I didn't say that?" Kuronue blinked at Shika. "Yeah."

"I bet you have another boy." She shook her head fondly.

"No way!" Kuronue looked stricken. "This one's gonna be a girl. I know it."

"Kuronue you're not the one pregnant, so you can't know." Shika reminded.

"Let him dream." Kurama laughed a bit breathlessly but he had lit up in every possible way, "That is so fantastic! I always figured if you settled down you'd have all the kids in the world. You never believed me you'd be a good father."

"Well..." Kuronue looked sheepish. "Younger me was reckless and dumb."

"More to it than that," Shika murmured quietly, but only for Kurama to hear.

"We'll have little Kuro's flying around the town soon enough." Kurama grinned even wider and he could feel his cheeks starting to strain. He even held Shika a little bit closer, "I'd love to meet your family, Kuronue. How far along is Naia?"

"Just two months not far along." He answered with a soft smile. "You can totally come by the mansion if it doesn't flash you back too much. The library is to die for. You'd love it. Though...what about you two? I know you're having a reunion and all, but...I remember you used to think about kids, Kurama. Has that changed?"

"Well...we talked a bit before coming back to the party." Kurama hummed, "She and I agreed to re-learn each other. I have these memories, and talk to you like I know you, but I am different and time has changed you both as well. We will talk about family when the time comes."

"A huge change from the Youko I remember," Kuronue said, but his voice was fond. "That's one of the reasons I love being your friend. You were never afraid to change your opinion. You didn't want a mate, you met Shika and then you wanted a mate. You didn't want kids, but the moment you saw her holding one, you were like 'yes'. Now you're back to square one, but...it's a lot calmer. Human world made you soft in good ways."

"Speaking of Human world, do you still have a fascination with it, Shika?" Kurama tilted his head at her.

"I do." Shika turned to him. "Hisa-chan goes back and forth still and she has her music to play. She has some really funny stories. I hope she'll tell them to us before the drinking games. We all enjoy listening to her blunders. Now that you two are from the human world, you'll probably appreciate the mistakes she makes." She grinned lightly. "She's been worried though. Lately Jiro's not doing so well from what I understand and she'll have to decide if she needs to take over the Assassin Guild or not. While that'll tie her down /some/, it won't tie her completely. But if she finds a mate? That's what worries her."

"I don't see what's wrong." Kuronue looked over his shoulder at the two. "Hiei talks about the human world like he enjoys it. Well, not enjoys it, but he tolerates it. I'm certain he wouldn't just tie her down because he doesn't like humans. I mean, what assassin talks about /matchmaking/ to another /sword fighter/?"

Kurama made a glance to where Hiei and Hisako were hunched further down over the table, eating only in passing now, getting more serious about their conversation, "I don't think she'll have to be worried at all." He agreed with Kuronue, then returned his attention to Shika, "I asked you, because we've done the demon way. I remember you liked trying new things, so would you like to go through the human ways of courting?"

"Really?!" Shika's eyes lit up. "That'll be such an honor. I'd love to court you the human way."

"Really?!" Shika's eyes lit up. "That'll be such an honor. I'd love to court you the human way."

Kuronue rolled his eyes fondly. "You're making me want to court my mate and I already done that."

"Shhh the adults are talking." Shika gestured at him.

"Even married couples have date nights of their own." Kurama chuckled, "If you want to court her, do it. There's no harm in spoiling her by catching some food for her or something. Unlike poor Yusuke, at least you can cook."

"I can make a mean meal." Kuronue nodded, "I should do that. I'm going to go bother Hisako about telling us stories now though." He stood up. "You two are adorable though. Your babies will be cute. I'm calling dibs on the first one." He waved.

Shika's cheeks burned bright red.

"Of course our first born he'd try to steal. I'll have to pay him back by stealing his. Four months to go." Kurama mused.

"You two and your baby stealing." Shika shook her head from side to side. "I should've just asked you to steal one for me if you didn't want me to go through the birthing process. It'll save me a lot of pain."

It was bold. He knew it was, and maybe not something he'd normally do. However, he knew he was going to be with her in the end no matter what, so he slid his other hand across her stomach slowly and leaned close to her ear, "Even if you curse me during birth, there's a certain glow to pregnant women that would suit you nicely."

Shika's cheeks were red, but she turned towards him with a smile on her face and she leaned up and kissed his cheek. "I'm sure." She said, but it wasn't a dry remark nor was it sarcastic. But it was low, and almost promising. "You probably wouldn't stop ravishing me when you see that glow either."

"Everyone would wonder where you disappeared to," Kurama agreed coyly, giving her a sideways smirk and downwards glance. He felt so at ease, speaking to her like this. Still, perhaps it was time now that bellies were getting full, to start the real fun. "I'm going to start drinking the harder stuff. I'd start warning those with young ones that it'd be best to wrap it up. If I remember correctly, there will be naked dancing around the bonfire in an hour or two."

"What, you think the kids wouldn't join us?" Shika teased, but stood up. "I'll go around and warn the mothers and some of the kids who are old enough to understand. Try to get Hisako to drink something hard and loosen her tongue a bit. Maybe she'll finally strip if we do it right this time."

Kurama just hoped if Hisako bared some skin that heads wouldn't fly, what with the way Hiei was acting. "Then let's get started."

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 2:16 am

Haru's vision blurred just staring at the mug Yusuke had brought her. He was a bit wobbly, but definitely more lucid than she was. She pushed it back towards him but then also had to use him for balance. Probably not the best idea considering if they moved wrong they could both go tumbling over, "I call Uncle. If I drink one more I'll die."

"YES!" Yusuke cheered, jumping up and nearly knocking over the table. Some of the people twittered a laugh, while others were clapping. This challenge had went on for nearly the entire party, and now those who were sober enough to even /remember/ what the challenge was, were staring eagerly. "You have to dance with Kuronue. As sexy as you can."

Kuronue snorted loudly, he was loose from a bunch of drinks as well, but not too drunk. "Oh god."

"Kuronue, I am so glad you basically aren't drunk." Haru laughed weakly, having to hold onto Yusuke tighter when he started jerking everywhere in his excitement and she tried not to fall down.

"Don't worry, I won't tell Naia." Kurama grinned at his friend.

"I will!" Shika raised her hand. She was the honest drunk and worst when she was tipsy.

Kurama just patted Shika's head cutely which caused her to beam up at him.

"You're not going to remember this later on, Shi-chan." Kuronue rolled his eyes and turned to Haru. "Okay, let's figure out how we balance here." Yusuke just laughed as they tried to dance. Haru's idea of sexy when she was drunk was hysterical needless to say and Kuronue wasn't fairing much better here.

Haru had managed not to laugh at first, using the fact she had to cling to him like a koala to her advantage, but their height difference made it ten times harder with her stumbling and he was a nice dancer, but he had a much taller mate to dance with usually. Haru was only five foot five. The 'sexy' dance finally ended with the two of them in a heap as she tripped over her own two feet, sending Kuronue sideways and she was practically boneless as they landed in the dirt. Kuro managed to keep her from hitting her head, but that was it. Haru held up Kuronue's white sash she'd untied during the ordeal and waved it around like a white flag, "I surrender!"

"Give that back!" Kuronue grabbed it from her hands and got up on his knees, helping her up. "Come on Haru-chan, up you get." Yusuke was /dying/ over at the table. Kuronue could hear it. "Gosh your bondmate's mean." He teased Haru, knowing too well she was probably /not/ going to remember most of the night.

"I'll get him back later somehow." Haru slurred back, "It's fine, it's funny. You're fun. Tell Naia I'm sorry."

"Don't worry, Naia will probably think this was funny." Kuronue assured. "Come on. To the guest house we get you. Slow and steady you have awful balance."

"I have the balance of a ballerina! Ask Hisa-chan!" Haru argued indigently, "Hisa-chan, I love you!" she added and then allowed Kuronue to manhandle her and take her step by step in the direction of the guest house.

"That was fast," Kurama mused and he looked over at Hisa who wasn't drunk, but pleasantly buzzed and relaxed, reclining in her spot, back against the table, "You and Haru are rather close if she shouted that so freely while drunk. I guess that's a story for another time, you told quite a few."

"She nearly died and I protected her." Hisako answered, closing her eyes and letting her fingertips drum on the table. "She was a formidable opponent and she was just doing her job as a guard. Killing witnesses is a thing, but it felt wrong. We're probably just as close as you and Kuro-kun. If you want the story, it's freely given. Sober or not."

"If you're willing to share? I'm quite intrigued if you're equating it to him and I." Kurama agreed, perking and he chuckled as Shika snuggled closer to him, rubbing her arm. "One last story for us and we'll all follow our King's lead."

“One last story,” Hisako agreed as she opened her eyes. “I crossed blades with Haru a thousand times, but the first time I ever did, she was covering one of my targets. I fought against her for hours. I stabbed her three times in the end. The stomach area, mostly. She fell and was bleeding out and my target was running. Once I caught him and slit his throat, I went back towards Haru. I don’t know why I did. I think I was heading home, or thought to myself that maybe I should make sure she was dead. Something told me that she wasn’t. I stabbed her enough times, she should be. But sure enough,” she gestured at the floor. “She was lying right there, still breathing but shallow. I had two choices. I could kill her or leave her stranded. We were out in the middle of nowhere. No matter which choice I chose, she could die. Killing a witness isn’t unheard of, but she was just doing her job. No need to punish someone who was doing what they were supposed to be doing, and she fought me honorably. A hanyou traded blows and lasted for hours with me. It would’ve been a shame to see talent like that just die."

"You took care of her, then." Kurama prompted, enjoying this already. He for one knew what it was like to get stomach injuries. Even if you survived, they weren't fun to heal from and eating was a literal pain.

"Yes. I took care of her wounds, as you taught me how to bandage and how to heal. She could’ve done better with an actual healer, but I didn’t bring Kei with me that time and I wasn’t willing to shadow teleport as there was no where close by for me /to/ shadow teleport. So, instead I took care of her. I kept her well fed and I tried to keep her breathing. By the time two weeks were up, she was walking around just fine and so I took my leave. Till we crossed blades again." Hisako nodded. "Which was my turn to lose."

"Something tells me she returned the favor?" Kurama smiled, "She doesn't seem the type to leave someone in need. Especially if you did it first."

“She didn’t try to kill me, but she certainly managed to knock me out.” Hisako laughed. “But yes, it was her turn to take care of me. It turned into a game of giving and taking. I guess she presumed I was trying to court her or something because soon enough I was presented this.” She held her wrist up to show a threaded bracelet. “And she kissed me. I had to..gently turn her down, but she insisted that I keep the gift. So I promised her that no matter how often our blades crossed, I’d never kill her and I’ll only kill the target I was required to. She said that’s fine so long as I actually fight her. You know, make a good impression that she tried.”

"Hisa-chan's a romantic prince." Shika cooed.

"Shika, you're drunk." Hisako chuckled.

"You should court Hiei." Shika perked up. "You'd have cute kids."

"Kurama, take her home." Was Hiei's only response, rolling his eyes.

Hisako bowed her head, trying hard to suppress her laughter.

"Thank you for the story. That explains quite a bit." Kurama chuckled and he set his mug down, twisting and hoisting Shika up into his arms while he stood, all in one fluid motion. She squealed at suddenly being lifted into the air, and he shook his head, "Goodnight, everyone. The feast and party was a great success." He bowed his head to those still gathered, Rei waving enthusiastically, and he turned and walked away.

Hiei looked at Hisako, "Do you have your own place here or do you stay at the guest quarters?"

"I do." Hisako stood up a bit wobbly. "I think I drank a lot more than I thought I did. Come on. I'll show you."

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 3:20 am

"This isn't exactly my ideal thing to do after we just got back together." Kurama sighed deeply as he opened the door to the study room, "The party was wonderful last night, as was spending time with Kuronue and his family, but taking you right to my workplace feels rude."

"Not everything was fun and games." Shika looked around at his study and walked over to his bookshelf and pulled one out and started flipping through it. "If I recall, the moment you beat me and saw how amazing my sword skills were, you took me /right/ into your lair and told me to have fun while I tried to figure everything out. It's the same thing. Though, I am worried about letting myself be seen around the castle here. Yusuke's going to get a lot of shit, letting a thief leader in."

Kurama gave her a shocked expression, eyes wide and it was as if he had been scandalized, "Do you really believe that?"

Shika blinked and looked at him in surprise, "Believe which part? Yusuke getting in to trouble letting me in?"

"Yes, that part." Kurama furrowed his brow, "Yusuke doesn't care. Hokushin does Yusuke's wishes as well, while also giving advice when he can. No one here will judge you. You're an ally, and you will be my mate in the future. Yusuke is used to being judged, and has thick skin about it. Not only does he have a thief here, he also has an assassin. I'm also the legendary Youko, and Hiei was a murderer. We are the most rag-tag group and Yusuke has taken names and made people respect him for his fighting prowess and other things. You being here is less of a surprise than you think."

Shika looked a little surprised and she thought about it, "Well his whole family had the assassin, but..." She shook her head from side to side and smiled at Kurama warmly. "I do forget that he has been through the ringer. A human first then a demon. I guess befriending a thief would be less of a shock and more of a "who else is he going to hire? A prostitute?" type of thinking."

"See? Yes, more like that." Kurama laughed a bit and relaxed a bit, going to the desk where there was a stack of paper waiting for him, "If you want to recline in the chair and read while I take care of some of this, feel free. A lot has happened and a relaxing moment sounds nice."

Shika took a seat in front of the desk, but she flung her legs over the arm of the chair and leaned her back against the other and she flipped to the first page. "It has been a while since we had a quiet moment." She agreed. "Especially for you since Yusuke just dragged you around yesterday. I am glad you got a chance to loosen up a little though. It seemed like you needed it."

"It was a wonderful time." Kurama assured, "A great change. I am glad I found you. I look forward to seeing the flowers in my room later." He smiled at her, "After I tackle this, I'll take you to the gardens. The desert area bothers Yusuke sometimes, but he can't always go to the Temple, so I made the gardens as a haven for him when he needs to breathe for an hour or so."

Shika nodded, "I can't blame him for that. The desert and the heat would just be a killer." She flipped open to a page in the book and settled in for the read, listening to his pen scratch across paper as he did his own work.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 1:47 am

"There are less flowers here than what I would normally do." Kurama explained as he led to the open gate of the gardens. You couldn't see much over the top of the high walls except for young trees that were still growing. "Yusuke's favorite colors are green, blue and yellow, so that's the color scheme I used with a touch of red here and there for a bit of flair." He smiled a bit at his accidental rhyme, "The only two people with a key are him and I. I only close and lock the gate when I'm doing work, however, or before a storm to protect it."

He led her right in and the place really was less of a brightly colored garden and more like a home-grown forest. The trees were tough, able to withstand harsh desert climates, and the plants were the same as well. There were cacti scattered throughout, because Kurama had a sense of humor, but they were out of the way of the beaten path so not to hurt anyone. They immediately stepped onto a tiny bridge, a homemade river trickling through around the perimeter, and there were koi swimming around, which meant there was a pond in the middle. "There's only one cherry tree, in the corner least likely to be hit by sand storms." He smiled over at Shika, "Then there's a willow tree by the middle, closest to the water."

"This is amazing," Shika murmured, her eyes wandered around the garden as she drank in the sight. Kurama always had a knowledge for what plants could survive what kind of climate and knew how to make the impossible happen. Undoubtedly, Yusuke came here often as he could just to take in the sights that Kurama painstakingly made. It made her heart swell. She might have build the town from the ashes of Youko's legacy, but Kurama was one of the few that helped build a kingdom. She smiled warmly at the thought. It made her happy that he was friends with Yusuke. They got over the other side of the bridge, and she pulled away from his side to look into the pond and at the koi. She cooed softly at the fish and let her hand skim across the top of the waters. Fish were slimy and weird, but she grinned when she managed to pet one. "Good thing Kei's not with us. He'd eat these things." She said as she pulled her hand away and stood up. "You never fail to amaze me. Even now. If we were really headstrong and determined, we could probably do this to all of the desert...we'd just need a weather witch."

"We'd need a lot more than that." Kurama chuckled and sat down in the seat under the willow tree, "It wouldn't be very special if we did that, anyway."

"Just like the gardens at home." Shika agreed as she sat down next to him and leaned back against the willow tree. "I never thought I'd get this." She admitted softly. "That you'd actually come back to the village and see me. I was prepared for you to find another mate. I was prepared to be forced to accept that our paths really did diverge. Ugly thoughts." She laughed a little. "But I'm so happy I could probably do a Kuronue and do something incredibly stupid, or silly..."

Kurama reached his hand over and stroked his knuckles across her cheek, "You don't have to think that way anymore. I'm here and that's what matters now, isn't it? You don't have to pull a Kuronue, you're you. It was one thing to watch him die. At least we only parted...not on the best terms, but who knows what would've happened if I lost you that way. I know I was cruel to Yomi and others after Kuronue. I would've been beyond recovery and redemption without you."

Shika sighed and leaned against his touch. "Kuronue said once before that losing one of us would be the thing that'd destroy you." She agreed softly, sadly. "I'm sorry for bringing down the mood. I can't help but to tell you what I think, how I feel. The past. Now." She looked at him, searching. "I /hope/ you would've found me in the human world. I wouldn't have soul jumped, but I know I would've reincarnated there if I could. You would've found me. Probably at your school." Her eyes lit teasingly. "Wearing the short skirt and being real smart. Though I think you probably would've wondered if I lost my head or not...you used to think that often when we /first/ met that was because I fought with just a sword."

"I'm glad you're not human, if I'm honest. I would've actually hoped you reincarnated as a demon again." Kurama admitted, "Hisako I see reincarnating as a human, but you...something about you fits this world better. I didn't much care for human girls that much, anyway. They were...blinded by my looks and usually wanted my attention for something. Lunch or study or to be a part of their group." He sighed, "This is where I agree with Hiei, and humans can be petty in that way."

"Let's not tell Hisa-chan that though I'm sure she already knows. Her friends just drag her to places and they're always in a group. They like her though, so bonus." Shika giggled and leaned back. "What kind of demon do you see me being if I was reincarnated?"

"You'd certainly have access to your full power." Kurama hummed first, sliding his arm around her shoulders and pulling her closer, "You'd probably be just as terrifying as me. Either still blond or some special color like blue. It would make me chuckle if you ended up with blue hair and yellow eyes, instead of blond with blue eyes." He shook his head, "You're special, though, so you'd do something crazy in your next life for sure."

"So you'll still be a stick in the mud then." Shika teased, but she scooted herself closer into his hold, placing her hand against his knee soothingly. "I'll make sure to give you a bunch of heart attacks in return." She patted his knee and sighed. "But instead of talking about what ifs and what we'd do if we died, I want to know something about you. For an example, what do you like to do?"

"What I like to do...I read when I'm able. I actually am still just as much of a workaholic as I was back then." Kurama admitted sheepishly, "I am always busy doing something. Managing, making sure things are running smoothly. I helped the science club often at school. That's not what most people consider /fun/, but...I'm sure I explained it to you before. It's...calming, in a way, just staying busy and letting time fly by. I honestly haven't read a good book in a while like you were doing before we came here."

"I'll bring some that Hisako dropped by. You need to relax too." Shika nodded, "Shame I didn't think of grabbing them before I left. Hisako gave me some books on puzzles, or puzzle books I guess you'd call them. They're hard as hell, but I find them to be a fun challenge. Though demon world activities, I guess I haven't really thought of it. Besides through the occasional party. Well, that's not true. I taught some of the kids how to make flower crowns. Which is fun. I like playing with them, but I can't call that a hobby. That's just fucking creepy."

"It's not creepy. You always did well with the children. I think I know what you're talking about. Sudoku books." Kurama nodded thoughtfully, "I wouldn't mind that. Challenging but relaxing at the same time. I'll check out the books Hisako offered, she has good taste. I think Yusuke would grumble if you put a flower crown on him, but with the right words he might wear it for a day."

"I don't think he'd be a good flower prince." Shika laughed. "But maybe I'll try. She's grown up a lot, Hisa-chan." She mused. "From that time we met her when she was...god...young as hell. So crazy how time flies. I feel like a parent almost watching her talk to Hiei."

"Just a bit." Kurama nodded, "Yet here I am at the same time older and the same age as Hiei." He nudged her playfully, "First you dated an older man, now I'm dating an older woman. The time warp is really funny if you think about it."

"Just a bit." Kurama nodded, "Yet here I am at the same time older and the same age as Hiei." He nudged her playfully, "First you dated an older man, now I'm dating an older woman. The time warp is really funny if you think about it."

Shika cracked up laughing, "Oh my gosh I forgot you were older than me!" She held on to her sides. "You really are younger than me now. Oh no!"

Kurama's smile grew wider, "At least when I introduce you to my mother it will be easy to say you're around twenty-eight or so. I'm twenty-four, so four year difference isn't far fetched." He turned thoughtful, "I won't have you meet my mother right away, so we can take the time to talk about what to say to her and prepare you for any questions she might have. I'll get you as acquainted with the human world as possible along with Hisako that way you aren't confused by any turn of phrase, either."

"I forsee a lot of world jumping with Hisako in my future." Shika nodded with a smile on her face. "I always wanted to, but I never had a reason. And even though I could have when you died...I felt like it was rude. You were trying to heal, and when you didn't come back, I knew you had your own path. You would've hated me, for appearing to you so suddenly. But, now that you're back here, I think Hisako won't mind a partner."

"There's something in your words..." Kurama furrowed his brows, "The way you said that. Are you going to leave the Town?"

"No. Not yet." Shika shook her head from side to side. "I'm just talking about exploring for now. I haven't done that. I went all over the demon world, and I didn't mind staying in one spot when it was you. But like you said, if I'm going to meet your family, people who are important to you...and people you love...I got to think about that."

"It's already difficult here." Kurama agreed with a sigh, "Like Kuro's son Masa said, it's difficult being spread thin like butter. In the end I chose here, because I need to look out for Yusuke, but I did stay in Nigenkai for a while after the Makai tournament, working at my Step-Father's company. Yusuke had a ramen shop and Hiei worked with Mukuro. He's the only one who's kept his current profession. He hasn't stopped working for her because Hiei's still getting the hang of things himself and actually asks Mukuro for military advice often. He doesn't have a proper guard, even if Hiei is his second in command. We've also been looking at renovating the pillars..." he motioned out passed the garden walls. The pillars disappeared deep below, but it would also be quite a feat to take them down if they turned the area into a town of it's own, "We don't have the workers, so it's one thing at a time."

"Turning the Assassin Guild into a group of soldiers would be hell." Shika agreed softly. "Hisako might stand to bat for it, but Jiro's stuck in tradition. As for the pillars, let's worry about them later. Yusuke's too new. If he decided to completely change the landscape, it can be vulnerable to attack and anyone who wants to oppose him would take any chance they can get. If we leave some of the pillars up, and make it into a type of maze like the town, that would work in our favor. The desert heat could help a lot with a mirage."

Kurama rubbed his forehead, "If they're bonded, Hiei would choose Hisako, and trade Mukuro for Yusuke. He is very interested in her and her way of life it appears. This rock we're sitting on is a pillar that was gutted, so that is what I meant. We could go with the maze, build houses of the rubble from the pillars we clear. Those pillars are already hallow, they used to be homes a long time ago. You're right, though, that can be later."

"He'd sacrifice rather than make Hisako give up?" Shika asked, her mouth slightly dropped.

"He'd rather guide his own army than uproot the Assassin way of life." Kurama assured, "He isn't like Masa and I. He finds bouncing between places a boon because no one knows where he is. If he had a family, he would rather them be with Hisako at the Village than here. The Village is hard to get to, after all."

"That is true." Shika closed her mouth and looked thoughtful. "Hiei'll have his work cut out for him when he tries to find his own people then. I can guess he likes a challenge, but your friend's no good with words. At the same time, it's been a long time since a dragon actually /protected/ the castle. I wonder if anyone who knows the old legends will find some sort of irony or something in it....and try to become a solider. Repeat history. All that jazz."

"Possibly. I do have a theory the dragon he controls is of legend." Kurama hinted and he stood up, "Let's take a stroll around the garden, we can continue talking that way."

Shika hooked her arm with Kurama's and allowed him to guide her. "I wouldn't doubt it, but I haven't seen the Dragon in action so I wouldn't know. What makes you think he has the same dragon Locien wielded a long time ago?"

"The flawless way he wields it." Kurama explained, "Even the first time he used it, it didn't get out of control. It didn't destroy the stadium or any of us, and his arm was difficult to use and heal, but he mastered it by the end of the Tournament. No one's done that in over a millennia."

"That's true. Everyone who tried were eaten." Shika mused. "I wonder if Hiei's part of Locien's bloodline then. I mean, they had twins, but none of them had Cara's sickness from what I understand. Or if they did, it was burnt out. I think."

"From what I understand, Alannah was the one who started the Ice Maidens on the Glacier in the Sky after she lost Dustin." Kurama agreed, "That's just from what I heard over my years as Youko. It is hard to believe Kuronue and I were born the furthest back in history closest to when the Second Celestial War ended. His tribe /was/ gradually wiped out following the aftermath due to Gideon's curse. It's similar to the Fundir line. There /are/ descendants running around, but spread so tin that the rarity is more the purity."

"I doubt that I have anything to do with that far back in time." Shika nodded her thought. "It's weird how close you guys were in the timeline too. Damn. That has to be something freaky. I was born years and years afterwards. I didn't even know it happened till I met you and Hisako. Man the debates you two would get into."

"There were a lot of them." The redhead agreed, slipping his fingers together with hers, "She has had the history passed down to her, and I lived through and even shaped a good chunk of it. I am glad she is becoming a part of the Royal Family again now, though."

"So are you, shaping history again." Shika nudged his side gently. "What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind this time? We got the famous thief down and his lovely mercenary of a catch. Now it's a Royal Adviser and a thief leader but...what do you want to leave behind?"

"I predict Makai is going to go through a Golden Age. It's been in the dark times too long. Changes will be made, skirmishes and even smaller wars might be fought, but overall I'm going to be happy to be known in this lifetime as the Royal Adviser. I had my fame and glory. I'm rather content with my life as it is, and it's no doubt only going to get better from here, especially with you beside me." He paused, "Back to the earlier conversation, would you leave Rei in charge if you left? What would you do if you were by my side permanently instead of running a Town?"

"I don't know." Shika admitted. "I'd leave Rei with the town. Jen and Yuki would be his go to men for help I know that. The place won't fall apart without me if I do that. But, what would I do if I lived here? That's a good question. Diplomat could be a thing. What else...I'm a terrible advisor, so your job's safe and I don't really have the strength to have students. That's Hiei's and Hisako's thing. Yusuke needs a guard, but...I have a feeling Hisako has that down pat. So Diplomat. Probably a second division of a guard if we need one. But other than that, I think I'm good with connections."

"We can use Diplomacy right now to create treaties. At the moment, Hiei's services is our treaty with Mukuro. I will need to go talk to her at some point and give her the situation and the possibility she might lose Hiei and the last thing we need is her trying to clash for our land." Kurama groaned just a bit, his head tipping back and he looked up towards the sky through the leaves, "We will need to campaign and promote working and fighting for us. This peacetime we can use to train."

"But is it something you'll need to do, or is it something Hiei can handle on his own?" Shika gently nudged him. "You have to remember that Mukuro gave Hiei the choice to follow her command and they have a lot in common. Hiei would have better luck telling Mukuro that he's leaving than you telling her. In fact, I'd dare say she'd think it's a challenge if /you/ go on her land and say something. As for recruiting, Yusuke's a powerful hanyou. The tournament alone was enough to get support. But if a demon wanted to fight underneath Yusuke, he's going to have to offer something that they can't get. Power sure, but...you have to appeal to them too. I think that's where we're going to fall short. We're too new. No one here knows how to run a kingdom. I'm betting Yusuke's going to do something reckless and dumb and it's going to work out."

"That's how he rolls." Kurama chuckled, "Yes...you're right. I will leave it to Hiei to it, then. He will have to debate and think of it eventually." There was a pause and he looked at her with a fond expression, "Look at us, already talking about future plans and debating what to do and how to do it. You always did try to keep my head on straight."

"You keep me from going crazy so I think we're even." Shika beamed at him. "We do better together. We always had."

Kurama leaned down and brushed his lips against her temple, "I guess I just needed a reminder of that. This is 'get to know each other' plan is going quite well so far. What do you think?"

"I think we never forgot what it was like to be together." Shika's cheeks lightened into a pink and she wrapped her arm around his waist. "Other than that, I think it's going well."

~*~

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 8:43 pm

~+~
The Palace Library was huge. The room had the highest ceilings that Hisako had ever seen. Some of the shelves were carved into the wall, giving the books more room to go around the area. There were a few free standing shelves as well, as tall as it could possibility be built. There were sliding ladders for those that wanted to explore the very top and were unable to fly or use any type of energy to their advantage without ruining the priceless collection.

Despite that the library was practically made of stone, the flooring had a plush carpet that made her feet sink into the fabric. The carpet was a beige color that undoubtedly was Raizen's idea of decor, because she was pretty certain Yusuke would've chosen blue, or green if he cared about color. She whistled softly to herself as she stood in the middle of the room.

It would take her three centuries to read all of these books and that was not including sleep and food. That also didn't include her job and if Yusuke gave her a permanent residence as being the "book keeper" or something.

Though a certain fox might try to fight her for that, and she swore to never harm him or his town in return for letting her have access to it.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 12:17 am

"Looks as though you just found the library. Do you want to stay here or do you want to see my paintings?" Hiei asked from behind her.

"If I was a lesser demon I would've jumped out of my skin." Hisako turned to him with a smile. "I would like to see your paintings. I'll follow.I forget how twisty the hallways are here."

Hiei nodded and turned back the way he came, leading her through the halls with ease. He was quiet, almost solemn, with his eyes narrowed and mouth in a thin line. "Do you think us weak?" it wasn't accusing in any way, but he had a bite to his tone and he breathed out through his nose, "That is a general question."

Hisako thought about this, "Three people can't run a kingdom effectively." She said after a moment. "Yusuke has all eyes on him. One wrong move, and it depends on who they ask to assassinate him. Which is why I want Haru to be the bodyguard and not me. That being said, you and Kurama have more free-reign but anyone who knows your reputation would step back just a bit.  You cannot be the entire guard, it's suicide. Kurama can't be the entire diplomacy. He needs someone to help take care of treaties, someone smart and knows the demon plane just as well or better than he himself does. Because if Yusuke needs him for advice and he's not here to give, Yusuke could make a wrong move. You might be able to lead him the right direction, but if you were unfamiliar with what was going on? Or perhaps you were off in battle? It's risky, to think that his luck is never ending."

"Hokushin answers directly to Yusuke, of course, as do the other two, and they respect Kurama quite a deal, but because I technically associate with a past enemy, and I'm not here all that often, they chose me to disclose how they feel. The lack of fighters, the lack of workers. No plan to gather each and it's been three years. What's he been doing all this time? Discussions of that nature." Hiei growled just a bit, "No, his luck is not infinite, and being the only three to govern it so far is a feat, but we are, as of right now, the most powerful demons beside Raizen's old party. When Yusuke holds court to hear disputes, Kurama and I have had to dispatch of a few."

Hisako listened to him, her finger against her chin as he spoke. His frustration made sense. He wasn't the one that people should be going to, to talk about any of this, and hearing it from others made him feel inadequate too. He had done too much to be looked down on. "Let me ask you this." She looked at him curiously. "If you had to choose between Mukuro and Yusuke, if there was a war. Who would you choose?"

"Yusuke." Hiei's tone was quick and final, no questions asked.

"So, what does Yusuke have that Murkou doesn't?" Hisako asked. "You'll get more fighters that way if you compare the two leaders. You worked with /both/. Your word means more than Kurama's. But, for a temporary measure, you could also drop hints." She scratched her cheek. "This is risky...and normally I don't let this happen. But if you casually mention the Assassin Guild, you could get more people. At the same time, you can get more fear as well. And...well...Jiro's still alive. That's the bad part. If he wasn't, I could temporary let some of the assassins stay here for a little bit. To boost morale."

"Why?" Hiei tilted his head at her, brows furrowed, "I understand your obligation, but besides that." He could see where she thought mentioning things like that would be a boon. The Assassin's Guild were renowned and you didn't mess with them. Yusuke and himself didn't have the centuries or even thousands of years worth of history to back up their power.

Hisako scratched her cheek, looking away in thought for a moment before she tuned back to him. "We both want this Kingdom to thrive." She said after a moment. "But it's not just out of obligation, you're right." She walked up close to him, but stayed just at the edge of his personal bubble. She looked at him. "Do you want me to be blunt or do you want me to pull a Kurama and give you a witty riddle for you to solve?"

"Getting to the point is always what I'll choose if given the option. Dancing around people is boring, unless I'm cutting them to ribbons." Hiei hummed, an eyebrow arched in curiosity.

"Same." Hisako took a deep breath in and decided that there was nothing to lose now. "One, I think we work well together. Two, I want to try to court you." Kuronue was probably dying of laughter right now, and he probably had no idea why he was laughing so hard. Naia was probably a little concerned.

There was a human heartbeat of a pause, and then Hiei took one step closer to her, crossing the 'bubble' boundary and he leaned his body forward, "What can you offer me?" he asked, voice low and his red eyes bore into her magenta purple ones.

Hisako's breath was caught in her throat, but she knew that instincts served her well here. "Draw your sword," she told him, fighting to keep her voice even. She drew hers, but she made sure to keep it pointed to the ground, careful to let her posture indicate that she wasn't going to hurt him in the slightest.

Stepping back for more room, Hiei copied here, popping it out of it's sheath with his thumb and he was slow and deliberate. She piqued his interest, and so he stayed quiet to see what she would do.

She swung her sword to his left. The clang sounded and she went over head his sword, the blade of hers barely touching the back of his and she swung again, another clang, this time she went underneath his blade. She did a circle and the blade was placed neatly back into her sheathe. "That's what I offer."

He had copied her by reflex, but the humming sound of metal vibrated through his hand, in his ears and around them in the air. She offered her blade, her trust, and her loyalty. In copying her, he did the same. "Should our courting not agree with us, I will keep that oath regardless. I will have you know now that /how/ to go about the courting process is the last thing I would know about, even if I am aware of what it requires."

"I'm easy to please." Hisako shrugged with a little smile. "Kurama has the better advice. But I swear the same, if this doesn't work, it doesn't work. I would still like to remain allies. Comrades even. Friends if possible."

"I agree." Hiei nodded, and he looked down the hall, "Come, I was going to show you my paintings." He didn't reach out for her, continuing to keep his hands to himself, but his expressions weren't so stiff when he looked back at her expectantly.

Hisako smiled and fell in line with his step. "Yes you were." She smiled warmly, her own posture less tense and clearly her expressions were more open as well. "I honestly can't wait to see them. Your sketches were good, so I'm wondering how well you paint."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 1:59 am

Haru's jaw had practically dropped to the floor, "You're courting Hiei?! Holy Kami, that's...hell, you demons really know 'em when you see 'em don't you?" she blinked in awe.

"Shhhhh! Yusuke's the one person I don't need hearing this. Hiei'll be teased for forever." Hisako waved her hands frantically at Haru to get her to lower her voice. She was quite surprised that Yusuke just didn't suddenly pop around the corner, like Kuronue was prone to doing when his nose didn't belong in anyone's business. "But yes. He agreed that I could give him what I offer and he could do the same. We're about equal footing, so offering him something that he couldn't obtain for himself was...difficult needless to say. I had to come up with it on the spot. But I do like him. I think we'll court well. But that's just my hope."

A huge grin spread across her face now the shock had worn off, "That's amazing! I'm so happy for you! I know I've heard here and there people wondered whether or not you'd ever find a mate, but you managed the big bad Jaganshi. Imagine that. I wonder what he's going to do for you for all those requirements like provide and care and stuff."

"I don't know, but we'll see how it goes." Hisako smiled warmly before her smile faded. "Haru...I have a request for you. You don't have to accept. But...it's something you might want to take in to consideration."

"Hmm?" Haru tilted her head at her, "What is it? You can ask me whatever. Worst I can do is say no, right?"

"I suppose." Hisako took a breath. "You need to be Yusuke's bodyguard. I need to return home for a while. But you should make sure that you become Yusuke's primary bodyguard. I already talked to Hiei about it. He thinks you'd be decent. He's skeptic, but considering that we fought and you lived, it's enough."

"Would...Yusuke agree to that?" Haru hesitated, "I'm sure he'll tell me I don't have to. I can't be the bodyguard of someone who doesn't want me, because then I'm more of a nuisance and they won't work with me properly."

"I'll be talking to Yusuke about it, but if I can't convince him, you'll have to." Hisako shook her head from side to side. "I have a bad feeling that if I become a bodyguard, the Village's going to go up in flames. And that's be optimistic. I need to make sure things are running smoothly, and that Jiro's still alive since I've been gone. But...he's nearing the end of his life. I know it, and I'm sure all of the other villagers know it. If he dies and I'm not there, someone else can take leadership...and it might not be a good thing."

"That's true." Haru frowned. "I know better than to ignore your bad feelings. You talk to Yusuke, tell me what he says, and I'll go from there. I'll do my best, you know I will. At least I don't have to worry about you trying to take him as a target." She teased lightly, even as she felt her stomach twist. Hisako's villagers could be pretty brutal, not only to their targets but to each other.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 7:56 am

"Thank you so much," Hisako sighed in relief. "Now to face the King."
~+~
"You want me to do what?" Yusuke blinked at Hisako over a paper that he had been reading. Whether or not he had a magazine behind there was not the point.

"To make Haru your bodyguard." Hisako sighed, fighting off the urge to pinch her nose. She had a feeling this was going to be hard. "And to let me return to my village."

"I'm not holding you hostage here, Hisako. You can go if you want." Yusuke frowned, setting the paper down, and thinking he was being discrete in putting the magazine away in the desk. Hisako believed that he only did that just to give Kurama something to do sometimes. Hisako, luckily, didn't really care much if he ignored his duties, so long as someone competent was running the show. "But, a bodyguard? I can protect myself."

She shook her head, "I'm not saying that you can't. But it's better to give an enemy doubt. A bodyguard isn't just your protector, Yusuke. They're your right hand man. Yes, Hiei is second in command, and Kurama's happy letting the both of you lead. But Hiei can't always be here to deal with enemies that think that they're worth the time. You'd be fighting off hordes yourself, and you know better than to turn your nose up against another teammate."

"Well, yeah I guess that's true." Yusuke scratched his cheek. "And it could divert attention, make the enemy think I'm weak, but I don't do good with strategies like that."

"Yusuke, I don't know how to break it to you, but you've been doing that strategy ever since you became Spirit Detective. How many demons took you for weaker than you were, only for you to beat the impossible? Rando? Toguro? Dare I even, Sensui?"

"I never wanted to kill that man," Yusuke's expression darkened.

"And whose protecting you from yourself?" Hisako retorted. "Even I have to be held back."

"You?"

Hisako's smile was thin. "Why do you think I have Kei with me? He's more to me than a friend. He protects me, even when I think I don't need it. He sees things I don't see. That's what a bodyguard does. Hiei's not always here. Kurama's keen eye is needed else where. Haru's the best."

"Okay, so we'll have Haru protecting me. As much as I think you're just teasing." Yusuke frowned. "But what's up with this so suddenly? Returning home. Is Hiei aware you're going?"

"Wh- of course." Hisako blinked a little and it was her turn to fold her arms and give him a look. "Why-"

"Cuz I think Hiei would mope otherwise if you just left without telling him." Yusuke shrugged, "I know the guy. Kurama can engage him on all sorts of topics. I'm the favorite sparring partner. You managed to make him smile at the party. Well, his smile was more of a well lit up smirk, but it was a Hiei version of a smile."

"You are so weird." Hisako sounded a little bit in awe. "That kind of logic goes on par with Kenichi's."

"I'm worried, whose that?"

"Someone from the Human World that you don't know. So, I'll return to the village as promptly as I can. You tell Haru that you accept being her bodyguard when she asks, or find her yourself and talk about it."

"You sound worried. Something happening over at the Village that I need to worry about too?" Yusuke asked.

Hiskao shifted, "I hope not." She said after a moment. "So I'll keep you in the dark for now. You'll know when it's begun. Or when it's over. Whichever happens first."

"God that was as vague as Kurama."

"I learn the best from him. I shall take my leave." Hisako did a short bow and walked out of the chamber.

Yusuke frowned as she walked away, watching her close the door. He decided to push it away for now. There wasn't anything he could do in the Village, but he decided to mentally tell Kurama that they should go up there for a surprise visit.

Something told him Hisako was hard to shake, and her Village was only one of the few things that could make her scared. Even if she didn't show it on her face.
~+~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 9:22 am

Haru was the one who found Yusuke first, bustling around in the kitchen making what looked like to be a regular sandwich. ""Hisako ran out of here like someone lit her cloak on fire, but she didn't say anything to me. I guess you accepted me being your bodyguard? Also...is there no designated dinner in this place? Fend for yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 5:08 pm

"Nah there's dinner." Yusuke shrugged, "But I eat like a maniac so I decided to tide myself over for a bit." He nodded his head, "Yeah. She was pretty...adament that I let you guard me. She pointed out all of the reasons, I'm sure Kurama would have pointed out, but...I guess since Jiro's dying, everything is in a fragile state. I know from talking to Tiki, Hina, and Arata that Hisako's probably going to be next in line, so everything hinges on that. But, I can't help but to think there's more to it than that. Maybe Kurama's rubbing off on me."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 11:49 pm

"Is that such a bad thing?" Haru teased a bit, "I'm pretty certain there is something more. It wouldn't surprise me, really." She shrugged, "You coming there shook the village up. They weren't expecting it at all, and Jiro...I think he was holding out until you did."

"Just like Raizen, I'm really not that special." Yusuke made a face, but he shrugged it off. "You want a sandwich too, Haru?" He asked curiously, gesturing to the fridge. "I'm pretty good at making one, if you want something to tide you over till dinner."

"If you want to, I wouldn't mind. As long as you don't put pickles on it." Haru nodded, her stomach growling just then, "I'll be honest, I wasn't entirely sure what to do with myself. Yeah I was curious about the castle, but everyone was busy so I just ended up wandering up and down aimlessly. I was just starting to think about finding myself a way home until Hisako came to me. With you accepting me as bodyguard I have a purpose and reason to stay."

"Where is home? Do you stay somewhere in the Demon Realm or do you do what Hisako does and jump worlds?" Yusuke asked as he went to the fridge to grab fixings for a sandwich, minus no pickles.

"I didn't have any plans for another job so I was going to go to Nigenkai for once." Haru leaned against the counters and watched him, how his body moved with such casual ease and she knew just from that this was his home. People didn't expect threats in their home so they relaxed more. Of course.

"You never been?" Yusuke asked, looking over his shoulder before turning back to the sandwich and putting it together, cutting it neatly in half.

"I have a house there, man," Haru laughed a bit, "I probably need to pay the bills, but a house. My grandma left it to me in her will, since my parents sure as hell don't need it."

"Oh. You said for once so," Yusuke shrugged and handed her the sandwich. "Best I could do." He grinned and his grin faded. "So, I know Hisako jumps worlds a lot. Does she live with you, or does she do her own thing?"

"She used to do her own thing, and then after we became friends I told her it was more practical for her to live with me since my house is permanent and I just gotta worry about water and electric and sometimes internet when I have a dry spot with no contracts." Haru explained, "I said for once because I'm rarely there. I'd worry about dusting, but Hisako's friends basically live there themselves."

"Really?" Yusuke blinked, "I heard the stories around the fire about the maid cafe and the host club. Are they your friends too, or do you kind of have your own clique? What kind of friends do you guys have?"

"Those were /definitely/ Hisako's friends, but I've been assimilated into their party over time." Haru chuckled, taking a huge bite and groaning happily. Dang, she hadn't really eaten all day she realized. All they had at Kuronue's were snacks. "I have a group of gals I hang out with. Go shopping, that sort of thing. It's the only time I really indulge myself since I'm definitely more tomboy and Hisako's more girly, but who we hang with doesn't fit our aesthetic. It ended up being really hilarious because one of my ladies is with Hisako's best buddy and they're gunna get married in the spring because she loves the bright flowers."

"I'm going to guess that you and Hisako are going to want to take time off to go to that wedding then," Yusuke grinned widely. "How on earth did you meet your friends? Did Hisako introduce you, or was it just a right place, right time situation?"

Haru took a moment to finish at least half the sandwich before she replied, "My friends? I went to school with Kimi, and then Kimi became friends with another girl at the Gai Technical College. They pounced on me because my fashion sense by myself honestly isn't the best. Everything I wear they've helped me pick out, if I'm completely honest. I tend to have a pile to choose from."

Yusuke laughed, "But they don't try to dress you girly huh? That's probably good that they like your fashion sense." He shook his head, amused. "That's interesting you said that it was at Gai Technical College. One of my friends, Kuwabara, is also in that university studying to be a scientist. Go figure right?"

"Kuwa-kun?" Haru blinked at him, mumbling around another mouthful. She finished her bite at his expression and grinned, "Kimi and Kuwa-kun are the ones getting married in the spring!"

"That's awesome. Yeah, Kuawbara asked me to be best man at the wedding. That's really interesting. We would've met either way. That's so weird. Wait, I wonder, does that mean that Kuwabara is one of Hisako's friends?"

"Yeah! Yeah it is. I'm Kimi's Maid of Honor!" Haru nodded enthusiastically, "Kuwa-kun has talked about you, but keeps it vague, which is why I never really thought about it until now. I mean, Kuwa-kun sensed Hisako's energy, even through her Human World disguise, and the other two in our group know about us as well. It's hard finding people who will accept you, but Kimi did the same thing with me, so. They're a match made in heaven, really."

"Yeah they are, I've been meaning to swing by and talk to them about the details. I know that Kimi has plans and I know Kuwabara has ideas and as much as I hate it, I kind of have to be apart of it since I'm the best man." Yusuke laughed, "Wow. So I'm guessing we would've met Hisako anyway too. I'm certain she would be there for the big day."

"Of course she would be. She and Maya are gunna be the bridesmaids. Noaki agreed to be Kuwa-kun's other man. Kuwa-kun said he asked a girl named Yukina if she'd let him borrow her twins as the flower girl and ring bearer." Haru gasped, "Wait, Yukina! That's Hiei's sister, yeah?"

"Oh my god." Yusuke bowed his head down onto the counter, dying of laughter. "Yep, we would all be there, because Hiei wouldn't miss his niece and nephew doing this, even if he does hate Kuwabara. Oh my god, he's going to wonder how Hisako even /likes/ him."

Haru pitched her voice for a minute, "It's a small world aaafter all!" then she laughed too and had to put her hand over the counter so her sandwich wouldn't fall apart while they laughed, "That...that would've been one hell of a wedding if we all hadn't met before, don't ya think?" She grinned at him, "I wonder what would've happened. I know I would try and get Kimi to aim for Hisako with her bouquet anyway, but have you seen Hiei and Hisako revolve around each other? I am /definitely/ gunna mention it now. It'd be even more hilarious if Hiei caught it."

"Oh god." Yusuke snorted, "He wouldn't understand what it meant. I'm totally going to keep my mouth shut and see if he can't figure it out. I have noticed the way they worked together. He's really interested in her. In a way I don't think I ever seen. He's been the type that's a lone wolf, so I don't know how Hisako caught his attention. Maybe it was her home? Or maybe it's her brutal honesty. I really don't know."

"It might've been her lifestyle. Hiei is a demon through and through. Kurama used to be, but having a second lifetime growing up human, according to a lot of people he's changed." Haru nodded, bringing her food back and finishing it off, then she dusted her hands of crumbs on her pants, "That was a good sandwich. I probably won't eat much once we actually have dinner, but it was a great appetizer. So...don't you have any questions about what I'm gunna do as your bodyguard or anything?"

"Not really. Hisako pretty much laid out the land." Yusuke shrugged, "I'm just gonna trust you know what you're doing and hope for the best. It seemed to work with Hiei."

"Well...the gist of it is I'm going to be like your shadow. Beside or behind but never in front, live and breathe your air, and I go where you go, as long as it's practical." Haru shrugged, "I've had people who had me out of necessity, and liked to pretend I wasn't there. People who tried to be my friend, people who tried to have me practically in their lap, and people who treated me like a servant. A contract's a contract."

Yusuke blinked slowly, "Do I need to sign one or something?"

"See...with you, I don't know. I usually get called and we have to negotiate. I read fine print and a lot of employers hate that. This was kind of impromptu. I think as time goes, word will spread, but we don't have to. I just...need to make sure I can pay for my crap, ya know?" Haru shifted, "I can give Kurama that info for bill costs, though. He deals with all the paperwork anyway."

Yusuke nodded, "Go ahead and do that, but you're welcome to stay here for as long as you want. We'll probably world jump sooner or later, maybe when things at Hisako's place calm down. Kurama's better with money anyway, so he's the better person."

"I...need a room, then? That guy, too...um...Hokushin was it? He needs to know I have full access." Haru explained.

"I'll let him know." Yusuke nodded, "I'm going to take a wild guess that having a room near me would be practical."

"Yes it would. Care to show me where that is?" Haru nodded, "I can't tell you how many times I've had to use a damn couch when bodyguarding someone."

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen." Yusuke pushed himself from the counter. "I'll give you the full tour while I'm at it, and drop you off at Kurama's while I talk to Hokushin about you being around. I'll make sure there's no secrets. Better to have you know the whole lair than Hisako. I got a feeling that's one of many reasons why she decided not to take the job."

"Right. Compromising in a way. I'll ask Hiei for some of his clothes, he's not that much taller than me." Haru tapped her chin as they headed out of the kitchen and went upstairs, "I'm still in what I had from the day before so that world jump will have to happen sooner rather than later. I had just planned on visiting Hisako. Honestly, being in your kingdom I'd like to wear clothes that associate me with you. Even if I'm decked in black until we world jump I'll find a green sash."

"I really don't care about what associates you with me, but if it makes you feel better, knock yourself out. I like the freedom of expression. Though don't let Hisako know you're borrowing clothes. Girl might get jealous." Yusuke couldn't help to tease.

"Haha, should've said something to her before she bolted. I didn't think I'd be staying." Haru grinned back at him, "I'll keep your preference in mind. I'll definitely need to know where the baths are, too, in this tour of yours."

"Definitely," He grinned, "You'll love them. They're huge."

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 1:18 am

The Lost Village was strange. The air was thicker with tension and even with Kei coming to greet them, Yusuke could feel the stares bearing down at his back. He tried to shrug it off, but he couldn’t help but to get mildly annoyed about it. It was like school, and how people only viewed him as a thug; boxed him in the stereotype till he couldn’t breathe. What was even stranger was that a few assassins made the bold attempt to come up to him, and put their arms around him with wide smilies. Clearly sincere, but also clearly trying to annoy those who were glaring. Which was working.

“It’s been a while since you came back.” One of them spoke to him. His hair was white and spiky, reminding Yusuke of a sudden starburst. His eyes were grey and he wore the same kind of armor that the assassins wore. His weapons dangled from him both outwardly and hidden. “Though, I guess you heard about Jiro, huh? Or are you looking for Hisako-san?”

"What's wrong with Jiro?" Haru asked as she bumped foreheads with Kei, and then the large lion made his way over to Hiei. Kurama had stayed back to work on the paperwork, but he said to send his respects. Hiei did have a few blue shirts, so she wore the sky blue top with black pants and the green sash, as she said she would. She had no visible weapons.

"Well, it's not a secret that he hasn't been in good health," He answered, looking a little apprehensive as he glanced around the village. Yusuke couldn't blame him. It felt like someone was ready to do a sneak attack. "But we think today or tomorrow's gonna be his last day. He gave leadership up to Hisako. Formally."

"That's...oh shit." Haru came to step in line, just behind Yusuke, but she didn't hold her self in a relaxed stance as she did before, "Torga, in that case...would you do me a favor?" The white haired man gave her a look, "Do me the honors and spread the news about me being Yusuke's bodyguard."

"Makes sense." Torga nodded as he pulled away from the group. "People will wonder otherwise how she'll split her time. Smart move on her part assigning you but...are you /sure/ you want me to spread it around? Once I do...there's no going back. You could be in danger. From us."

"Hisako will be your leader. She is the strongest one in this whole damn village and I /lived/. Do you honestly think anyone would be so stupid? Especially with those like you to lend your blade?" Haru put her hands on her hips.

Torga gave her a slight smile. "I don't know." He said honestly. "Because we're uncertain ourselves about what's going to happen underneath Hisako's rule or...if she rules at all."

"I'm getting a sense from the glares I've been getting, I'm not exactly on friendly terms." Yusuke said dryly.

Haru waved her hand, "If anyone tries, we'll high-tail it out of here. I'm not about to let anything happen. I am Yusuke's shadow now." She motioned to the green sash that matched Yusuke's, "Even if you don't say anything, sight alone will tell. Might as well."

Torga sighed, pinching his nose. "You're...so rash." He said after a moment. "But if you sincerely think that it's in the King's best interest to let everyone know that you took over Hisako's job...I'll tell them." He let go of his nose and gave her a fond smile. "Just don't regret anything that happens afterwards."

"With all of this..." Hiei finally stepped forward as well, hand on his sword in clear display, "At least lead us to Jiro so we can pay our dues."

"Alright," Torga nodded, "No harm in that." He gestured for them to follow him to the center of town where Tiki was sitting on the porch, swinging his legs and grinned happily when he saw Yusuke and Haru.

"Yusuke-sama! Haru-chan!" He said jumping down. "You're home! Welcome back!"

"Easy killer," Yusuke couldn't help the slight smile. "If you're here, then the little minions are around, too, aren't they?"

"Hisako-sama took them to the training grounds. I was told to stay here just in case." Tiki explained. "Are you here to say goodbye?"

Haru reached down and patted Tiki's head, "Yes we are." If Hina and Arata were at the training grounds...she sighed and looked at Yusuke, "Don't drink anything unless I give it to you. Until Hisako's established. Please?"

"Yeah." Yusuke bit his lip, things were not good. Tiki nodded solemnly, like he understood what was being asked as well. For all Yusuke knew, he probably was going to offer the same thing and Yusuke...as much as he hated to say it...would rather Haru take the risk than Tiki. Even if it was Tiki's job one day. "Let's go in. You staying out here, Ti?"

Tiki nodded and Haru held the flap for the hut open for Yusuke, allowing all of them in first and she waved at Torga before also disappearing. What she saw made her heart sink. Jiro was laying close to the fire on a cot, blankets to his chin, but he looked over at them when they entered. They all bowed, and Haru took her place in the shadows.

"Finally kicking it old man?" Yusuke asked as he knelt down next to the bed. "Everyone's all upset you're gonna leave."

Jiro laughed, but it came out raspy. "Yes. I'm aware of my status. Everyone is ansty, but it's because they're young. I'm shocked you decided to see me before I pass on." His eyes went to Hiei but his gaze flicked back to Yusuke. "I see you're missing one."

"He found paper work more exciting, but he has company." Yusuke assured.

"He went back to see Lady Shika after all. Good good." Jiro closed his eyes briefly. "It would be a shame for fox to miss the lady he caught a long time ago. A stupid mistake as well."

"Yeah, I thought so too." Yusuke nodded, "So you think Hisako's a good leader then? She'll be able to handle the mess you're gonna leave behind?"

"Oh it's going to be a mess." Jiro fluttered his eyes open. "It's going to be a huge mess." He looked over at Hiei. "She told me about you. I'm not foolish enough to demand any promises. Dead people don't keep their word, and the living shouldn't be bound to it. But I must say, it's about time she at least /attempted/."

Hiei snorted, but he tipped his head, "We'll see what happens. That was the most we were able to agree on, though we do have an oath of blades."

Jiro laughed until he coughed and his eyes closed again. "She takes oaths seriously, so try not to lose your head." He shook his head fondly. "She must have gotten that from her mother and father. They used their swords to say good bye. A strange ritual, but not shocking. Not shocking at all." His eyes opened again and he looked at Yusuke. "Though I will make you promise to me, and I hope you bind yourself to your word, that you leave the village at sunset. Haru can't protect you when too many people know how to use shadows as their advantage."

"I can tell I'm not exactly wanted here to begin with." Yusuke frowned, "But I don't know if that's because you're dying or Hisako's going to do something."

"Who knows." Jiro sighed softly. "I won't live long enough to tell you the answer to that, King Yusuke. We've done our duty for generations. All I can do is die with hope you will use us wisely."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 1:50 am

Hiei managed to find Hisako still at the training grounds, her face serious and Hina and Arata panting and sweating, hands on their knees while they breathed. "Don't work them too hard before they have to fight."

Hisako looked over at the fence and turned her attention back to the kids. She barely broke too much of a sweat, but she could see that she was wearing Arata and Hina down too much. She let arms unfold from across her chest. "Go ahead and take a break." She said after a moment of thought. "You worked hard, and you need some rest before we go again."

"Yes, Hisako-sama." Arata got himself up and got over to Hina's side. Hisako walked over towards where Hiei was and sat down on the fence, her expression didn't change and she watched as together they two of them hobbled out of the training circle to head back and get some rest.

"He told us to leave by sunset." Hiei watched her carefully, drawing his sword and holding it to her in offering, "I can stay."

Hisako felt her lips curve into a soft smile and she thought about it. Having Hiei around would be good because of his speed...but if he were to die here. Yusuke would be left without a guard. "Someone has to be the one to take care of the King." She said, drawing her blade anyway. "But I do have one request for you. When this starts, I'll send a messenger to let you know it started. Whatever starts." She took a breath. "Please, keep that messenger safe."

They did their oath, and put their weapons away, "I told Jiro we had an oath. He was happy about that. That's one more weight off his dying shoulders." He paused, "Torga is the one who greeted us, and he is in the process of telling the village Haru is Yusuke's bodyguard. The serious change in her stance and expression impress me a bit. Haru is also spoke highly of you being the strongest in this village in spite being a little hot about it. She knows what's coming, even if I only have an inkling."

Hisako sighed softly, "That was a bold move on her part. But she has a lot of faith. Since I'm taking over leadership, the village is torn between wanting to follow King Yusuke, and wanting to not follow King Yusuke." She explained. "In other words, whatever I say will not go. There will be a fight that'll break out, and there's a chance I could be overthrown before I even begin. Especially when they have to hear what I say. We're more powerful at night, since all of us have the ability of shadows. So...this could end in a matter of days."

"Yusuke will be upset the children are involved. Kurama as well and no doubt Shika." Hiei glanced the direction the two had gone, "Haru and I seem to be the only ones who understand and we'll try to keep Yusuke out of it."

Hisako nodded, "He's a good King so far, and I know he can go farther. This is just a minor scuffle. It'll be a waste of his time to worry too much. I don't know how I'll let you guys know it's over. I think you'll just know. Give it a week. See what happens."

"A week, then. Either way we'll come by." Hiei agreed, giving her a short bow, "We'll be making a trip to Nigenkai afterwards. I expect you to join us."

Hisako bowed back, "I'll be there. In anyway I can. I hope to see you soon."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 3:15 am

Shika was nervous. The night had fallen, and so far whoever the messenger was going to be, hadn't arrived yet. She knew that tonight would be the prime night to start a fight, since it was a new moon and there was only stars in the sky. The shadow users would have no qualms trying to fight in the environment that nature gave them at all. She kind of wished that Hiei had stayed, to help Hisako fight, but at the same time she knew that Hisako wouldn't do that to Yuuske. She was wearing the floor down with her pacing, but she couldn't help it. When was the message going to come? Who was going to give it?

"Shika!" Kurama called as he entered the room, door smacking against the wall. "I was coming to find you and saw jumping fire across the pillars. I think it's Kei."

"Oh thank god," Shika followed Kurama out into the Palace lobby where Hiei and Haru and even Yusuke were waiting. News traveled fast, and everyone was concerned it seemed. There wasn't any hesitation in opening the doors and letting Kei through, Tiki on top. He looked winded as he jumped down from Kei's body. Kei looked like someone had managed to cut him a few times. There were gashes on his flank that made Shika wince.

Tiki had a few cuts as well, but nothing too awful. He looked exhausted though. "Jiro died." He said, his voice wavered a little on sentence. Everyone saw it coming, but the room still chilled. "Hisako-sama took over the village, but there's was an outburst. Hisako declared her loyalty to Yusuke-sama." Tiki took a harsh breath.

"That's why the villagers were upset then," Yusuke wasn't surprised, but he bent down to take a look at Tiki. "Jesus kid, what did they do to you?"

"Being a hanyou, there were more than a few people unhappy about that when he first took the throne." Kurama frowned and he reached down, hoisting the boy up. He was heavy, but nothing Kurama couldn't handle and he supported him with a strong arm around his waist, "Let's get you cleaned up, okay? Kei, come on, you too. Shika, grab first aid?"

"Yeah I can." Shika said as she ran off down the hallway.

"I should've guessed." Kurama sighed to Yusuke as the lot of them headed to go to the basement where the natural baths were, "Hina and Arata stayed, didn't they? They wanted to be Hisako's guard."

"Hisako-sama told me that you needed to know what was going on." Tiki explained. "They stayed behind, yeah." He frowned. "They're the better fighters in the class."

"Why?" Yusuke asked, his voice short. "Did Hisako allow that, or was it their choice?"

"Both?" Tiki blinked at the question as he looked at the King curiously. "Hisako-sama needs all the swords she can get right now."

Yusuke knew better than to get upset right now. He could get angry at Hisako later.

Kurama didn't say anything either, and they all went single-file down the stairs, Kei barely able to squeeze through. "Once you get all patched up, we'll take you to the the room you'll be staying in and you can rest. You look like you need it. How long do you think it'll last?"

Tiki looked highly confused, "I don't know." He admitted. "Hisako-sama's gonna win though. I know that."

Once they got to the baths, Shika had to just take a moment to admire how /huge/ it was. It was big enough to fit a swimming pool. The water was constantly running and hot and there were buckets of shampoo, conditioner and other things like that on the edge of the baths. There were a few "public" ones, and a few that were privately made, with tall curtains that were of different colors. Kei walked over to the public pool and stared at it for a moment before he dipped his paw in and batted at the ripples in the water.

Kurama chuckled at how cute the sight was and patted Kei's back, then set Tiki down at the edge as well, "Shika, how about you take care of them for a minute?" he asked his woman, then motioned to Yusuke to walk with him to the other side of the baths. Looking up, he saw Haru coming down next, Hiei suddenly flitting beside Kei and petting and looking over the lion, scowling at the gashes before he started helping Shika wordlessly.

"Hiei told me Kei had arrived with Tiki." Haru told Yusuke and Kurama as she joined the two of them in the corner, "I guess it's begun."

"I'm a little concerned that Hisako sent Tiki, but..." Yusuke shook his head from side to side. "I guess it was her only choice. All of the other kids are probably safe and hidden somewhere else. But I got a feeling, from the look you're giving me, that's a fool's hope."

"The ones old enough to fight have more than likely taken their first kills." Haru furrowed her brows at him, "The young ones like Tiki, toddlers and babies are no doubt in the bunker that is under the Main House which exists for emergencies like this."

Yusuke took a breath in and let it out slowly, "At least I'm not going to have to worry about assassin toddler baby's, but how old are these kids that are fighting right now?"

"Youngest are Hina and Arata at twelve... maybe one who's eleven, but I don't remember if that one just had a birthday and became of age or not." Haru shook her head.

"Two years younger than when I had my first death fight." Yusuke took a breath out. "They're kids. Twelve years old. They don't need to be in a fight like this. At all."

"It doesn't help mattes, but Hisako took her first kill at twelve." Kurama didn't look any more happy about it than Yusuke, a deep furrow to his brows.

"It's...how things are?" Haru posed it like a question by accident, uncertain how to say it in the first place, "If Hisako didn't have some of the children on her side, they'd be in deep shit. Granted, children fighting on the other side are also..." she trailed off as Yusuke's look darkened further.

"They're killing kids. Is what you're saying." Yusuke gave her a look. "No matter the side, there's no mercy. Seriously?"

Haru swallowed, but stood her ground. "It's rare, but sometimes there are older children who kill the weaker ones in their class. Often those ones break off on their own, but occasionally they also turn hostile towards the adults, which is a no-go. To be perfectly honest with you, I was terrified for Tiki. He's not the fittest. Had he stayed he'd be dead."

Tiki was pudgy, Yusuke wasn't going to deny that. He moved slower than the rest of the group as well. But clearly, Hisako liked Tiki enough that she sent him, along with Kei out of the fight and into somewhere far away that was safe. Clearly, Hisako was determined for Tiki to only see the aftermath, but never to see the in-between. She couldn't do that with all the kids, but she did it for him and it made Yusuke wonder just...why him. Why Tiki? He liked Tiki, sure, but... "What made Hisako pick him then?"

"He's a favorite. Everyone knows it. He's kind, he's sweet, he just wants to be a hunter. He wants to kill animals, not targets. He wants to cook and live a simple happy life. Also...she would know I would want him saved, too. I love Tiki like I adore and get along with Hina." Haru told him softly.

Yusuke shook his head from side to side. "I just...they're young. They're way too young for this. Fourteen I could understand. Fifteen, But it just boggles my mind that they do this. That they'd kill the weakest. I mean...I guess it's not too surprising. But they're kids. What powers can they have already unlocked?"

"None, really, besides shadow-jumping..." Haru bit her lip at that. "Hina's got her poison, Arata is good with his long sword. They have skills and talent, as well as being small. The adults are big targets, even if they have more experience and more powers."

Yusuke sighed, "It's a demon world thing. I'm just going to have to remember that. I'm gonna hate it. And I'm gonna try to do something about it....but it's a demon world thing."

"I spoke with Hisako, she said not to go back until a week has passed. So we will have to sit on it." Hiei came over, Kei trailing behind him all bandaged up and tail swishing. "I'll send Kei back tomorrow. I gave him Kurama's fast-acting ointment."

"We should see if we can't keep Tiki here." Yusuke pursed his lips together. "He might want to leave with Kei."

"I'll get him to stay." Haru assured, "Shika and I will entertain him. Once Kei is gone he won't have a choice."

"That's true. Alright." Yusuke shrugged. "I'll go let Hokushin know we have a guest. Should he stay with you or Shika? I'm betting Shika's gonna take the kid and run."

Kurama chuckled at that, "I agree. Don't worry about it. Go talk to Hokushin." He gave Yusuke a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder and went to his mate, kneeling down beside her and playfully splashing Tiki as he talked low to her.

Haru looked at Yusuke, but didn't say a word, just followed him as they went back upstairs. At first she had thought it was because Yusuke was comfortable in his own home. Yet, that may have been her own observation. This was more than likely what Hisako really meant. Yusuke made it known to the lot of them he hated this, but he backed down and took it for what it was. He'd find a way to fix it, probably, change the fighting 'of age' to fourteen, as that was when he started kicking ass and taking names. He was compassionate and that was something Makai had never experienced. "Would you like me to back off for the night, after we talk to Hokushin about what's happening?"

"..." Yusuke was kind of surprised that he was even getting a choice about it. He looked at her and thought about it, but he had to agree. "Yeah." He sighed. "I'm not...angry at you. But, I need to blow of steam and I don't want you to think that it's about you or that I'm upset at you. It's just...frustrating."

"Yeah." Haru's expression softened a bit, "I getcha. Have a good bottle of sake to unwind in the gardens or something. The moon is pretty tonight, after all."

"I'll do my best." Yusuke patted her shoulder and they continued walking to find Hokushin in silence.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 3:25 am

Morning came, bloody red as if it was a sunset instead of a sunrise. It was an unspoken truce that fighting stopped at the first break of sunlight. Clear the dead. Patch injuries. Hina sat outside the Main House when she saw a familiar orange glow make it's way through the village. "Kei!" She called in a hoarse whisper, voice sore from shouting communications with Arata and Torga and a few others. The big lovable lion bumped her when he got close enough and then proceeded through the flaps. The kids had been let out of the bunker and Arata was taking them to the village down the mountain where the Earth Maiden Saiyuri and her mate lived. There had been no time after Jiro died to do so.

Kei made a noise as he saw Hisako trying to stitch herself, teeth gritted around a wooden stub. He went to her side, his glow brightening, and watched his master look up. Making another noise, he turned so she saw the first aid pack Hiei had strapped to his waist.

Hisako smiled as she carefully reached up and took the first aid that Hiei had buckled in on Kei and took the straps off of him. She grunted as she sat back down heavily, looking at the stitches. They wouldn't hold once the fighting began again, but it would be enough. It was kind of surprising, that Hiei chose to show that he could care for her through a distance. To show that he could give her what she might need. She would have to send something back to him, or give him something in return when he came back. But at the moment, she knew her focus needed to be on the fight. She rubbed Kei's nose and went back to stitching herself and once she done, used the first aid to help wrap the stitches in securely, spitting out the nub. "Tiki got there safe then huh? Good boy." She cooed. "I'm sorry, Kei, that you're going to have to fight with me...but let's make this a good one. Like we always do."

()
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 3:59 pm

The first two things that came across Yusuke's sights was the white smoke of a Village that had been burned and a tree that had so many dead people, the branches were hanging loosely on it. They were hung, eyes opened, tongues cut and their chests were ripped open, guts piled on the base of the tree, their hearts no where to be found. Yusuke doubted that they would eat their own family's hearts, for it just wouldn't make sense to do that. Loved ones, he'd understand but not tratiors and he was proven right because there were large wooden posts, clearly made recently that had hearts nailed onto it.

Haru watched Yusuke's fists clench so hard she swore she saw blood drip and stepped over to him, hesitating a moment before she placed her hand on his shoulder, "If it is any consolation...which I'm sure it isn't...those upon the Traitor Tree are fifteen and above." The one fourteen year old she knew of must have betrayed his parents. Whether or not that boy was alive was another story.

"They go all out for vengeance, don't they?" Yusuke's hands shook. The size of the hearts told him that most of them were adults, but there were a few kids that looked about fifteen to sixteen years of age. It made him angry, but...at least they weren't tiny children. He could deal teenagers. "No mercy."

Tiki looked at the tree sadly, but he didn't shed any tears which surprised Yusuke. Certainly there were people up there that deserved to be cried over. Tiki was looking at them with...something akin to pity, no tears and no sadness. Shika was looking a little pale as well, staring at the tree.

"I knew that they hurt the betrayers. I knew that they would discredit and dishonor them. This..."

"Where's Kei?" Tiki abruptly changed the subject, looking around. "He should've smelled me by now. Or Hiei-san or Kurama-san. Why isn't he here?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next