Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 9:31 pm

"I think it makes sense." Yukina assured and then headed for the door, "I think we should all get inside and have some tea. What do you like? We have a variety since we have such a /weird/ group ourselves."

"Auntie Hisako, after tea will you play with us?!" Isamu asked, bouncing on the balls of his feet with his blue eyes shining, "We built snow forts with Uncle Yusuke and Haru-chan yesterday!"
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Hisako's cheeks turned a brighter red but she answered without too much of a stutter. "Sure. I'm a bit out of practice in having fun, but I don't mind trying to learn again." She turned to Yukina. "I'm not at all picky. Whatever you wish to give to everyone is fine by me."

"Yippie!" Akira cheered.
~+~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 11:20 pm

"Yeah! Go, go, go!" Kimi and Haru shouted and jumped up and down as they cheered for their men as they raced each other in the game they were in, turning their bodies this way and that as if they were in actual cars, yelling at the screens. "No, no, he's gunna get you! Aaaah!" Haru's hands smacked either sides of her cheeks as Yusuke got side-swiped and crashed, Kuwabara ending up the winner.

"You're out of touch, Yusuke!" Kimi laughed, "Good going, honey!"

"You gotta find something else you know you could beat him at!" Haru coaxed, "You're just warming up!"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 9:42 pm

Kuwabara laughed and Yusuke grinned good-naturedly. "Yeah, Urameshi, lost your touch already." He clapped a hand against Yusuke's shoulder. "Since you did lose I'll be gracious and let you pick the next game."

"You're gonna regret that Kuwabra." Yusuke ribbed back. "Cuz next game I'll wipe the floor with you!"

"Yeah! Let's go find something, Yusuke!" Haru smirked at him.

Kimi just sipped her soda as she watched the two black haired hanyous, "Oh no, Kuwa-kun, he sounds serious!" she teased mockingly with a grin.

"We'll see how serious he is." Kuwabara grinned widely and Yusuke walked off to find a game that was open, something that he could beat Kuwabara at without getting too badly beaten and embarrassed by. Once he found one, the boys sat down to play again.

Kimi smiled at Haru as the two got super serious with this one, and yelling and cheering would be more of a distraction. "So I went over to your place and there was a content Hisako and her boytoy, but you weren't there. Too quiet, was it?"

Haru's cheeks blotched with color, "Ah...yeah." She suddenly smirked a bit. If she could shock Kuwabara maybe that'd help. She could keep it casual with the conversation so it wasn't suspicious. "Turns out I can't sleep without Yusuke snoring in my ear."

Kimi giggled, giving her friend a knowing grin, "You and me both, girlfriend. I wonder who's the louder snorer?"

"My vote's on Kuwa-kun." Haru snickered, "He's loud and boysterous when he's awake, why wouldn't he be just as loud in his sleep?"

"Ha! Yusuke's not?!" Kimi shoved her playfully, though gripped her shoulder for a shake, "I bet yours doesn't try and shove you off the bed at least!"

"He's like a koala to a tree." Haru agreed, and honestly had no idea who'd crack first at this point with the game and their commentary, "Though you've had yours longer. You probably shove back."

"I do. Though is Yusuke just as cute as a koala?" Kimi glanced over to see both boys had their mouths in thin lines trying to concentrate but also trying to listen.

"Remember when we were teasing you about puu and how we couldn't figure out how /you/ got something so cute and cuddly?" Kuwabara teased after a moment at Yusuke.

"Shut up, or I'll beat you with more than just a game." Yusuke warned.

"I don't think Haru's ready to see your dick yet, Yusuke." Kimi drawled and Haru made an indignant noise while covering her mouth, her face going instant red.

"Whoa hey now." Yusuke couldn't look over his shoulder and cursed when Kuwabara took the upper hand. "I don't remember ever /offering/ you a show."

"What the fuck?" Kuwabara lost his upper hand the moment Yusuke said that.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you two have had an /actual/ dick waving competition." Kimi chewed on her straw.

"It's how you use it not the size." Haru blurted.

"What just happened?" Kuwabara sounded puzzled.

"Girls and dicks man. Girls and dicks." Yusuke replied sagely.

Kimi was gripping the back of Kuwabara's chair, trying so hard not to crush her drink as she shook with laughter, "Noaki would be so proud of you right now!"

"Y-You shut up." Haru was also gripping Yusuke's chair, but she'd ducked her head between both her arms, red from her ears all the way down to her neck. "I hate you."

Kimi wipped out her phone and took a picture, the flash catching Haru off guard enough to look up for another flash and then she saw Kimi's fingers flying trying to get the pictures to send to Noaki.

"No! No don't do that!" Haru gasped.

"I'm sending them to Hisako, too."

"No! Oh god!" Haru groaned deeply and just went back to hiding until her phone buzzed, to which she whimpered with another moan before she bit her lip and pulled it from her pocket.

The first buzz came through on Haru's phone. It was Noaki and his was in all caps saying: I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR ACTUALLY GOING DOWN TO HELL! YUSUKE'S A GOOD INFLUENCE! YAY! COME PEOPLE WATCH W/ US SOON!

"Noaki loves you right now." Haru told Yusuke, "You're a good influence on me he says."

"Hey at least we have someone on our side." Yusuke joked.

Kimi was the one with the next text buzz and she pulled it open, sucking her lips in before popping them out, "I can tell this is not Hisako, even though it's her number. I am just going to assume it's Hiei? 'She's not breathing but she is laughing. What did you do? Why is talking about dicks so funny?' and I'm honestly surprised there are no typos."

"Oh that's Hiei." Yusuke explained, "You can type back whatever you want if you want to play around with him a little. I'm glad Hisako's not a stick in the mud."

"Are you trying to get my fiance almost wife killed?!" Kuwabara grumbled as he lost the game and turned in his seat to face Yusuke's triumphant look.

"No, but better Kimi than Haru." Yusuke grinned.

"He's biased." Kimi patted Kuwabara's shoulder, typing on her phone, "I'm not about to risk my neck, that's more your thing. I'm just telling him that it's an inside joke and he can ask Hisako when she learns how to breathe again."

"No don't put it on her!" Yusuke groaned, "No fun Kim."

Kuwabara grinned, "She's smarter than you that's why she knows better."

"What the hell?! Say that to my face!" Yusuke glared at him.

"I'm loads of fun. I got pictures of Haru blushing for you, actually." Kimi gave him her phone when she was done.

"Kimi!" Haru tried to grab for the phone, "That's no fair!"

Yusuke laughed as he looked at the picture. "You have my number yeah? Hold on, I'll send it to my phone."

"It's plenty fair, he was too busy playing his game and winning to get to see you." Kimi grabbed at Haru's sides to tickle her, making her shriek.

"DON'T DISPLAY MY WEAKNESSES YOU JERK!" Haru squirmed and tried to get Kimi's hands off of her.

"I'm keeping that in mind later." Yusuke watched the girls have fun and he looked at Kuwabara and grinned at him. Kuwabara doing the same. No need to interrupt this.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 11:08 pm

Hisako managed to herself back from laughing so hard, her cheeks a bright red and she noticed that Hiei had her phone and looking at her puzzled. She pursed her lips together trying to quell her laughter as he only raised an eyebrow further up. "Sorry." Her voice cracked a little as she tried to control herself. "It caught me off guard."

"Kimi told me to simply ask you what was so funny about dick jokes." Hiei gave her phone back, "Is Haru really that shy? I don't understand. She'll get it eventually."

"Haru doesn't say things like that." Hisako explained as she wiped her eyes and took a breath. "It's out of character. She's more than likely to make a joke out of you for running into a pole or something than something about the male anatomy. Kimi on the other hand, and Noaki on the other hand are on Yusuke's level of childishness."

"Yet Haru also has Yusuke's trait of on her mind out her mouth." Hiei hummed, "So she thought of a comeback and said it, and therefore got all flustered when she realized it. I suppose that makes sense." He tilted his head and watched her, "I wonder what you would look like if you laughed like that in your normal form. You are usually serious because of the pressure of your lifestyle."

The topic had changed drastically and Hisako blinked in surprise. He...didn't mind her laughing like that? It was quite a surprise, but it made her smile. "I'm almost curious as to what your smile would look like. So far I've seen you with a smirk, or with a frown. Or a crease on your brow like this-" She moved forward and pressed her finger just below the Jagan to show where she was talking about and let him go. "Your lifestyle has a lot of pressure on you, too. It's rare to see you let go. Though you are less tense around the shoulders around the kids. That's nice."

"I don't laugh. Not like that. I've done it once, since knowing Yusuke." Hiei rubbed where she touched him, "When he came back the second time and mentioned his 'ticker isn't ticking' or something along those lines, referring to his heart. Youko also laughed pretty hard. We were also all exhausted from the fight, and a bit loopy."

"But you smile." Hisako watched him for a moment. "I can't say I could do my best to make you laugh. The demon world is a bit harsh for that. But...I could keep you from being so tense. You need a place to let your guard down. I can offer you the place and the means to do that."

"Are you referring to your village?" Hiei leaned closer to her, "Or do you mean yourself?"

"Both." Hisako's breath was caught, but she looked him directly in the eye to let him know that she meant this. "I'm not afraid to carry your weight."

They stayed like that, regarding each other and staring red to magenta, "I would hope not." He said finally, "After all, you're going to be mine. I'll let you carry my weight when you let me carry yours."

Hisako smiled, "That is true. I haven't really had a chance to lean on you yet, haven't I? Civil war doesn't count." She said quickly in case he /did/ count that. "Speaking of going to be yours. We did shelter. You already provided. What's left to do..."

"Strength. Yet you know of mine and you just survived that civil war of yours. You're a leader now." Hiei leaned a bit closer, "I want to watch you a bit longer, however. I am not about to make you my mate tonight."

"Yeah, I don't think so either." Hisako agreed, leaning in a little more, just to see if he would take it as a challenge to do something or if he was going to throw her off the couch. She didn't know which one would happen, considering Hiei wasn't the playful type. "I'm excited that we can call it a success though. That's nice. Now we can really get our hands dirty. But I am serious about you staying at the village if you want a place to wind down. Will you consider it?"

Hiei completely avoided her mouth, knowing that was what she really wanted, with or without the Jagan, and his lips brushed against the skin of her jaw on the way to her ear, "I can do that. You think about what we can do to crack each other's shells so we can lean on one another. Then maybe I'll give you what you want." He pulled away, a smirk and a glint in his eyes as he stood up, "I am going to go train. You're welcome to watch me, but you are still healing."

"I'll watch," Hisako was surprised by the kiss. Sure it wasn't on her lips and it wasn't passionate or anything of the sort, but it was nice. It was comforting and she stood up as well. How to crack the other's shell. That was going to be a challenge, but hell. She solved worse. Solving this should be easy. Right?

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 12:40 am

"It seems, for once, everyone might be on the same page. Or close to it." Kurama mused to his woman as he led her through the night a little ways into the forest. He'd told her he wanted to show her somewhere special before they went back. "Yusuke and Haru were closer, even if she still seemed shy. Hiei and Hisako might as well have a mark by now, with how they were eyeballing one another."

"Have they even kissed yet?" Shika asked. She had her arm tucked around Kurama's and was content to walk at a slow, leisurely stroll. The crickets chirped and the breeze sent a nice, cooling scent across her face. Demon world always had a twinge of blood and rotting flesh, but here....she found that breathing came easily and the human world, for all of it's weaknesses and all of it's flaws, had something the demon world didn't and that was beauty and fresh air. She was almost sad to go back, since she gotten used to how the air felt.

"Who? I don't think either couple have, honestly. Hiei and Hisako might've gotten close and that's where the bedroom eyes came from. Hiei is shocking even me. I think for once he's going to take his time, at least for a little while. He's honestly interested in her." Kurama got them to a range of trees with a wall of bush and vines. "You already have a token of mine, but it's a bit cumbersome. So..." he turned her towards him a bit and reached his hand up into his hair, pulling a pink rose out and presented it to her, "This can be a new token of yours."

Shika melted and she took the rose. She already knew the scent, but she still pressed her nose into the petals to take a nice good wiff of it. "Thank you." She beamed happily twirling it in her fingers. "It's a shame I cut my hair, otherwise, I would've put it in." She grinned. "I do too." She knew what the pink meant, it was easy. He liked her. He was falling for her. It wasn't a deep red rose, it wasn't passionate. It was simple. It was...compassionate.

"That will still be relevant even when we are mated, as well." Kurama pressed a tender kiss to her forehead, "Grace and elegance." He waved his hand at the wall of plant life and stepped through the opening that appeared, "Everyone's able to enter here, because we all worked hard on it. There's a small waterfall towards the back that feeds the plants throughout the garden." He explained, "A bridge with a small pond in the middle with koi in it, like the one back at the palace. Hiei has his favorite tree."

It was gorgeous. The moonlight glistened off of the plants beautifully and she could hear the waterfall as though she was close by. She smiled warmly as she tucked herself a little closer and allowed herself to be guided through the garden, taking time to stop and admire. "You always had such a talent." She said after a moment. "It used to surprise me when I first met that you cared for them more than just weapons and ways to defend."

"Sometimes I wish you could hear them, but then also I don't because it would make you sad to hear their screams when things happen." Kurama shrugged. He remembered saying something like that before to her. "It looks different at all times of the day, with the sunlight hitting different flowers and making their colors glow. "I can take a day to go with you to the Town and set Rei on his feet to be the leader. I think this time this last few days have shown us we shouldn't be apart for too long."

Shika was quiet for a bit. While she knew it was true and she was prepared to go ahead and do that anyway, she also felt....sad. Guilty. She had spend decades trying to bring some glory to the village Youko had worked so hard on. They had their dreams. They wanted to be known as the strongest thieve guild there was. They wanted to see children run down their village streets. They wanted their own to grow up there. But now was the time to put the past behind. Youko was dead. Sure, he was alive inside Kurama, but that wasn't fair and she knew it. She took a breath in and she let it out. "I had fun. While it lasted. God, it was so hard to be a good leader at first. I stumbled over everything. Rei was right there so I know he won't have the same misteps and I know he's going to promote Jen as his second. I know that I'm leaving the Town in a much better place. I just wonder about the new mom's. Rei doesn't have a lot of tact and I don't know if he'll try to keep up being there when a new one's born. I kind of doubt it. I think that was just a me thing. Which is fine. I feel bad though." She laughed a little. "But it's okay. I'm ready for this. We'll get Rei set up, and we'll make sure that if he has any troubles that it's okay to get me, and...we'll just take another step forward. Like we always have."

"We can go back at any time." Kurama murmured, rubbing her back and his brows furrowed. Was it too soon to have her leave it behind? "We don't have to do it now, even. We can wait. I've learned a lot of patience, Shika."

Shika looked at him and she gently took his hand. She shook her head, "I decided a long time ago that you were the path I wanted. Whatever that looked like, I would follow. Whether that meant you returned to the Village, you became a diplomat, stay here in the human world or become something darker than that...I don't mind. It's just fond memories. Yes. I'll miss it. Just like I missed being a mercenary. But I changed anyway. I'll change again."

"You change and become stronger in your own way each time." Kurama told her gently and stroked her cheek, holding both her hands in one of his, "Not sure how much of a compliment this is, since you're the only mate for me, but you're the best mate for me. I don't know how I've gone so long without you, but I feel like I'm not so lost anymore. I followed Yusuke so I would have a direction. Now I have a purpose."

Shika's heart swelled and she smiled as she leaned forward to give him a chaste kiss. "I had a purpose, but no direction so I think we balance each other out quite nicely." She murmured as she pulled away and cupped the the hand on her cheek. "I'm so glad that we're still together after all this time. I'm thankful that you still consider me as someone you can cherish. It was a high compliment. Thank you. Thank you so much for loving me."

"Next time we come to the human world, I'll let you meet my mother. This time around was a good test drive, and I'm sure you have a lot more to talk to Hisako about. Next thing you know, you'll be talking like you've lived here for years." Kurama brushed his nose with hers sweetly, enjoying how her scent wafted into his nostrils with each breath, "I am finding I really do...love you, Shika. Though perhaps I should be the one saying /thank you/, after how I treated you and what happened."

Shika's eyes welled with tears and she closed her eyes and gently leaned her head against his forehead, she gripped his hands tightly. "What's done is done, and I think that while I was happy with you in the past, I'm much happier with you now. I said this before, the human world did you wonders. It healed so much I couldn't including wounds I never saw to begin with. You came back. You came back and you accepted my bouquet and honestly....that's all I ever wished for. That's all I ever wanted."

Kurama felt his eyes prick as well, and he tilted her chin up so he could seal their conversation with a deep kiss. It was different than in the parking lot the night before. It was private, and it sent his skin tingling like a live-wire. IT wasn't hot passion , they weren't at that stage yet, but he could feel her, feel a lot more than he had before. That part of him missed this, the rest of him felt heady with the new experience. It was odd, having it be a new and old feeling at the same time, but he enjoyed the contrast and pressed a little deeper.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 7:00 pm

Shika pressed back as much as she could with what he gave her. She was so happy that everything was working out. Hisako wasn't going to be alone in the world, Haru was going to be okay, and she had her lover back. Sure bad things were bound to happen. They almost deserved it for how well things have been going so far. Fate could do whatever the hell it wanted right now. Shika already knew her destiny, and her destiny of her friends. They were going to be fine.

She was going to be just fine.
()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 11:56 pm

Kurama looked across the ravine where the towering palace stood the tallest among the pillars. Botan had made separate portals closest to the Assassin’s Village and the Thieves Town for Hisako and Shika, which left the four of them standing on the cliff-side by themselves. “You know, Yusuke, can you imagine what this place would look like, bustling with people? I think it would be a refreshing sight, after being so barren. Maybe we could even get gardens to grow on the top of the pillars.”

“You haven’t gotten your hands in your garden dirt recently.” Hiei snorted, “It would be about time, but you’re getting ahead of yourself. You haven’t solidified a treaty yet.”

“Yomi said he’d drop by to talk about that.” Kurama arched a brow at him.

“Proving me wrong.” Hiei smirked back at him.

"Does Mukuro know you're mated yet, Hiei?" Yusuke asked after a moment of thought. "I'm starting to worry if I'm going to see a cat-fight over you. And as much as I like you, I'm not about to get in between two females who could probably kick my ass faster than you can." He thought about it. "You know, I'd like to see people. I like you guys, but after a while I'd like to see a face I never seen before. Bars. Shops. Hell, if someone wanted to throw a party, I'd be in it."

"We know you would." Hiei and Kurama echoed.

"I haven't talked to her since meeting Hisako." Hiei explained as they started to jump across from pillar to pillar to get to the palace, "There should be no reason for a 'cat fight' as you put it. I need to go show my face, anyway. She has something planned. I might not get a word in until after she's done whatever she has in mind."

"Just come back alive." Yusuke couldn't help but quip. "Otherwise I'd be a man down. That'd suck. I'd start to miss you glaring at me when you think I don't look."

Hiei snorted, "You'd miss having someone who doesn't bullshit you."

Just before Yusuke could say something, anything, he had to skid to a stop just in time to dodge a well timed punch that was aimed towards his face. He nearly lost his footing on the pillar, but he gritted his teeth and swung back. He thought, only for a moment that it was going to be it. One rouge who thought that they'd end the king. It's happened before. What he wasn't expecting was for a bunch of them to suddenly get on the pillars, weapons drawn and wearing some sort of purple jacket with patch on the left of their breasts. "You know, I should feel flattered someone sent an army after us." He grounded out as he dodged an attack and did a kick at the person's stomach only to take a punch from his friend.

"Yusuke, there's about twenty of them!" Kurama called from a pillar nearby, his rose whip out.

"Hokushin sensed the flare of energy, I see him and the other two coming out to help us." Haru added as she did a spin-kick and got a good gut-shot in, before ducking a punch from someone else.

"We dealt with worse, we're going to have to push them back and try to get to the castle at the same time." Yusuke had a feeling that barring them wouldn't do any good, but if they got off of the pillars and onto some stable ground, they'd be alright. He was glad that the other monks could sense them and were all up and ready, but he couldn't help but to wish that Shika and Hisako were here. He heard enough about their battle prowess to wish that they could help out. He kind of wanted to see Shika swing a sword if he was honest. It felt like an onslaught. No matter who they kicked down, two more came back up. "I can do this all day bastards! Take this! Shot gun!" He shouted and managed to take down five. That left fifteen...and that...wasn't a good enough hit. That wasn't enough to slow them down. Hell, he wouldn't be surprised if they miscounted and there /had/ been twenty-five...that turned twenty thanks to the shot gun. "Oh come ON! Don't you GUYS HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?!" He socked one in the mouth, but left himself wide for a nice sword slash. At least Hiei /hit/ better. Fuck that burned though.

Haru was faring fairly well, all things considered. She didn't become Yusuke's bodyguard for nothing, however, and proved that as she jumped pillars to intercept someone trying to chase after the King, smirking as she got all up in their scaled face, "You'll have to go through me!" she hissed, her eyes flashing and she shot her hand up and across, what seemed like an invisible force cut the demon into ribbons spraying her in their gooey purple blood. Sneering, she turned around only to hiss as her arm was sliced open. "Excuse you? This was a brand new shirt, asshat!" Her still glowing eyes turned on the one who did it and she held her hand up and spread her finger in a fast motion, that demon's throat gushing open and it flopped backwards into the chasm below.

Due to his speed, Hiei managed to slice across two different demons, using them as a means to also get across from one pillar to the next. By that time, Hokushin had shown up and wrapped around one of the demons, allowing him to cut it's head off and the two separated, trying to cull the heard as they moved closer towards the palace and their home base, where they would have the most advantage. How many were there now? Eleven? These last ones seemed to be the hardest to hit, getting several punches and kicks in. They also seemed more savvy with their weapons. "I think you miscounted, Kurama!" he shouted to the redhead, spitting blood from his mouth after getting punched.

"The rest must have been hiding still!" Kurama answered back, spinning his whip in his 'rose whip thorn wheel' attack, aiming for three but one managed to drop down and dodge the attack.

Hiding still or whatever, they had some trick up their sleeves. Yusuke was getting pretty fucking tired of their antics as well. They were good with their weapons, he'd give them that. And some of them who used their energy did some damage as well. But he did notice that the majority of them just /used/ their weapons, and used their demon energy to try to mask where they might be. Which was..dumb considering they were /right/ in front of him and he could /see/ them, but for those who were "standing still" as Kurama put it, it was an advantage. There could be more and they'd never know. He shot one and had to dodge another's attacks. Getting ticked, he tackled him and they both rolled across the pillar, near the edge. "Hey! Hey who the fuck are you people?!" He demanded as he shook the demon. But the demon said nothing. He just smiled a sharp, toothy smile and suddenly perished. What...the fuck. Did he chew something? "Hey guys, they have something in their mouths we won't be able to get any answers from them if they just off themselves."

"They have cyanide?!" Haru whipped around, shocked at the idea. "That's not..." Possible. A lot of demons would die by the sword, or some other way in the fight, not use something most often seen in spy movies. She felt the presence of another demon and flourished her hand as she spun, the demon's guts spilling out at her feet and they sprawled on the top of the pillar.

"They have the be from the Underground!" Kurama had just blocked a demon's blade with his whip when someone also tried a sneak attack. That was when dread iced his stomach when a demon who very clearly used the Earth came up behind him from inside the pillar and he barely even saw the weapon when he looked over his shoulder and /screamed/ as pain exploded all across his back in different pinpoints. A spiked club sent him flying into the demon he'd blocked and he let out another sharp cry when red bloomed across his chest. Being thrown to the ground he gasped when he was kicked in the stomach, rolling dangerously close to the edge of another pillar before one of the monks caught him, and Hokushin took out the one with the sword.

"KURAMA!" Hiei whipped around, leaving his side wide open for an attack which one of the ambushers took swiftly, as if he was /waiting/ for it and after a quick shout of surprise and pain, Hiei growled and his Jagan flashed purple behind his bandana, "DARKNESS FLAME!" he boomed, his hand fisting before he let his fingers burst open and black fire erupted from his palm. He didn't usually have to shout his attacks anymore, but he needed the extra focus.

Things just turned from bad to worse and Yusuke watched as Hiei's tamed version of Darkness took out the majority. The rest was just small pickings. They no longer had the advantage of waiting, and they no longer had enough of their people to suddenly appear out of nowhere. Since Hiei got fucking ticked enough to use the Dragon, Yusuke wouldn't doubt that those who had the capsules in their mouths either bit or ran. But why? Why would they? He didn't notice that there was someone behind him till he felt blood sprayed against his back. When he turned around, he saw Haru's eyes gleaming gold and her mouth twisted. She looked both horrifying and attractive and Yusuke wasn't exactly certain which one he leaned towards to the most.

"Are you okay?" He asked once he noticed that she was covered in blood. "How the fuck are you standing right now?!" He ran over to her and quickly got to her side. "Hey Hiei! You and Hokushin should grab Kurama. We're done here. I think you scared the rest off of them off...or killed them. Grab one of their patches. We'll need an idea of what to look for. Jesus, Haru how are you /not/ screaming in agony right now? I watched Kurama get /bombed/ with this much blood an-"

"Maybe I wouldn't be covered in so much blood if you would watch your own goddamn back!" Haru shouted back at him, her eyes fading back to their normal amber and no longer slit, "I'm fine! I only got a cut on my arm, will you chill out?! I'm your bodyguard for Kami's sake!"

"So I can't /worry/ about you?!" Yusuke snapped. "I'm /courting/ you damn it. You're more than that! You're...fuck!" He grabbed her roughly by the shirt and kissed her without saying anything else, but it was over before she even had a chance to realize what was happening. "Do you understand /now/?" His voice broke a little. "Even a little?" He still had a good grip on her clothes and his hands were shaking.

Haru's eyes were huge and her mouth was hanging open. Shit, just...she reached up to grab his own shirt back and surged up on her toes and kissed him back, the adrenaline still making her blood rush in her ears. She lingered, probably a bit more than she should've, her lips tingling and her body buzzing. She pilled away after a second and panted against his mouth, "I understand, I'm just...getting used to it. We should help Kurama and Hiei. I'm okay. Are /you/? You got a nice shiner on her cheek." Her voice was softer, apologetic.

"Please. This barely hurts. We got to worry about Kurama and about those morons." Yusuke smiled softly and he pulled away. "We also got to get you fixed up too. Are you sure you're okay to walk? I can carry you...I just have a bit of a slash no big."

"I wasn't the target. I just need a wrap on my arm. I /promise/." Haru shoved him, "Kurama got fucked up, c'mon."

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 12:43 am

Yomi had encountered the carnage, or what was left of it, on his way across the ravine. What he didn't expect was to still smell a lot of blood when he got inside. Kurama's blood, specifically. He followed it to the throne room where the lot of them were barely able to make it to, the smell of healing ointment joining the copper as well as the ripping of cotton wraps. Hiei's blood was more prominent now, as well as a little bit of someone new. "I seem to have arrived at a bad time."

"Yomi-Sama, forgive us for not welcoming you at the door. We...forgot your were coming." Hokushin called from where he was wrapping Haru's arm at Yusuke's demand, Kurama sitting up and being supported by one of the other monks. Kurama was shirtless so he could have his wounds looked at, as was Hiei. Kurama couldn't lay on his back or his side or he would strain the wounds, as it was he would need to be changed already.

Yusuke had a feeling that if the bastards that wore the jackets had got their way, Yomi's "bad timing" would've been good. Though maybe he was giving too much credit. "Sorry about this. We had...a bit of a problem. No matter. It's done and over with. How was your trip going to wherever it was you went?"

"I learned quite a bit. When I returned I was glad to find my city hadn't gone up in flames and I wasn't surprised to hear you were King, either." Yomi frowned and tilted his head, "Whatever happened here, however, may be over with for now. They always come back for more, and usually send stronger people. Seems to me that it wasn't strength that got you, but tactics. Your most powerful friends are injured badly."

"Before he went down, Kurama said he believed they were from the Underground." Hiei informed him, holding his side and his jaw ticked with his temper. "They have a patch that I'll be taking to someone to get an idea of where they came from."

"They also had cyanide. A few of them bit them and died before we could get one to interrogate." Haru added, Hokushin finally moving away from her and back to Kurama.

"Just who might you be? You have a newcomer, Yusuke?" Yomi asked curiously.

"His bodyguard. Haru Minori." Haru ran her hand along Yusuke's arm when he grumbled. They had to keep it between them.

"That would explain why Yusuke doesn't have any injuries." Yomi smiled just a bit in amusement.

"Not as badly as these guys." Yusuke's voice turned fond. "Anyway Yomi, I hate doing politics when Kurama's out, so I'll give you the informal version. We need to alliance. I don't know how the hell that works in the demon world. I'm pretty certain there's some bullshit ritual I'll have to go through, but right now this is all I can give. We're being ambushed and if it's just me that's one thing. But I have a bad feeling they knew you were coming too. If we were all dead, they'd probably go after you too. Though that's just a theory. I'm not trying to scare you or bullshit you into saying "sure let's be friends", but I am saying that if whatever Hiei finds out from his better h-source, then it'll benefit the both of us if it's true. If not, hey you might get to kill me off early."

"I came here fully intending on aligning with you, if it makes you feel better. I was going to talk to Kurama mostly about setting up some more electrical systems than what I've already provided." Yomi smiled reassuringly, patting the messenger bag he had around his neck, "There's not a lot of paperwork. You'll only have to sign. Kurama's good at reading the fine print, anyways. If you're willing to allow me to stay the night, I'll even tend to him for you."

Yusuke pursed his lips together. "My home's yours, Yomi." He said after a moment. "Tonight's been crazy. Do you want any tea or anything before I go get myself some sake?"

"I'm a bit parched, yes. Anything's fine." Yomi nodded his head and sauntered over to Kurama who was barely responsive. How he was still conscious baffled even him. His breathing was shallow and every small twitch seemed to make him hurt. "Alright, Kurama. Let's get you to your own room so you're not bleeding all over here, hmm?" he managed to get Kurama on is feet, supporting him along with Hokushin as they left the throne room.

Haru turned to look at Hiei, "How do you intend to get to Hisako when you can't run?"

"The same way we got here. I'll call Botan for a portal." Hiei grunted, moving from his sitting potion and he looked at the patch in his hand, "Besides information on this, anything else I should ask about, Yusuke?"

Yusuke shook his head, "Not at the moment. I trust you, she's not gonna lie to your face if she knows something." He smiled at him. "Though...if she's dressed in her gear and ready to head out to me, let her know that Haru beat her to the punch. I think she'll chill when she hears that."

Hiei only nodded, shoving the patch into his pocket and then pulling out the compactor as he left the room, tight lipped and eyes narrow.

Haru chewed her lip, "I wouldn't mind a little sake myself, though I should probably take a dip in the bath. I brought my swimwear this time, if you want to take a breather together after you get Yomi his tea? I can meet you downstairs. There's not much else we can do."

"Sure." Yusuke nodded and looked at Haru with a bit of a sad smile. "A breather sounds nice and a relaxing moment in a bath sounds good." He walked off, his shoulders sagging a little. He hadn't heard Hiei scream like that in...forever. He really, really hoped Kurama was going to be alright.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 3:31 am

Torga leaned back against his hand as he closed his eyes and enjoyed the afternoon breeze. The smoke from his pipe lazily went upwards in different curls and patterns. He wore his sword nearby close to him, but other than that he didn't have his gear on. He wore baggy pants and a short top that was tucked in. If anyone looked, they'd think he was talent-less, or lazy. He felt Hiei's energy and he placed the pipe to his lips and inhaled. Kei perked up from his resting place by Torga's feet. "You know, I thought you'd be the midnight tryst type of guy. Never would've taken you to be the type to do it during the middle of the day." He said when Hiei came closer to the main house and within earshot. His eyes narrowed at the scent of blood, and the item Hiei was holding. "Should I go grab your girl? I told her to hold off on putting on her gear in case she wasn't needed. Was that a mistake? Is she needed?"

"Don't know yet." Hiei gripped his side, "We were on our way across the pillars when we were attacked. We took care of all of them, but Kurama was hurt the worst. This isn't that pretty, either, and Haru certainly did her job as bodyguard, but she has a gash on her arm."

"You're injured?" Togra's face paled. "That explains...come on." He pushed the door open. "TIKI!" He shouted down the hallway as he heard small feet quickly patter to get to him. "Grab me a first aid kit and meet me in the main room! After that grab Hisako and find Hiro-kun for me will you?!" Tiki's quick yell was enough to make Torga sigh in relief but he still practically shoved Hiei on to the couch. "Take off the shirt. I'll man-handle you otherwise."

"I was bandaged already, but you're welcome to change the dressing on it. Its pretty deep. We weren't even able to do stitches before I came here." Hiei grumbled, shedding his shirt once again and sitting on the couch. "What did you mean by 'that explains'?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 9:42 am

Just as he said that, Hisako came in. Her hair was down and wavy and instead of wearing armor like she normally did, she was wearing a lounging grey yukata. The obi was hastily redone apparently, so she had been threatening to change or go as was. Her sword was strapped to her side as well as her kusarigama on her back. She carried a white box, and Tiki's small form disappeared from her side the moment she opened the door, already running to grab Hiroki.

She said nothing as she set the box down, but her hands were a little unsteady. It was clear she had been expecting worse. She shook her hands and started looking through the kit. Her face had lost a bit of color, and she was looking like she was in a little bit of pain. However, she managed to find the scissors and she forced her hands steady so she could start cutting the dressing. "Alchol."

"For who? You or him?" Torga asked, but swiftly got up.

"Both if I'm actually going to do this."

"Kid I know how to stitch. I helped my mother mend our uniforms /and/ our clothes I'll have you know." Torga shook his head. "So don't you /dare/ thread that needle yet."

"And put out that pipe!" Hisako glared at his back before turning to Hiei and focused back on the dressings. "Am I needed? Do I need to go? How badly is everyone injured? What happened? Is this just the worst? I know you're really drained from using some sort of power. You're fatigued as hell."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 1:46 pm

Hiei caught her hand before she could cut the rest of it, "Let Torga stitch it. I don't mind the pipe tabaco, unless you do." He told her simply, watching as the white haired man disappeared to go grab the alcohol for cleaning and drinking, his pipe still puffing since he didn't care. Alone, he put his other had on Hisako's cheek and made her stand up and move next to him on his good side, "It seems the time for me to let you take some of my burdens came sooner than anticipated. Just stay right here." he thumbed her cheek before straightening his body because being turned caused him pain. Instead, he moved the hand that had been holding hers to curl around her waist and pull her to him. This way he could lean into her when Torga was looking at his wound.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 4:24 pm

Togra came back with a bottle of sake and three cups. He knelt down and started working off the dressing, Hisako leaning into Hiei so he had someone strong to lean against when he was ready. He looked at the wound. "Good news, you don't need as many stitches as you think you need. Just a few." He took a bottle and poured it into a cup before thrusting it at Hiei. "You're going to want to drink some of that. Don't get too tipsy, but it'll help you focus on something other than the pain." He started threading a needle and he dipped it carefully into his sake cup, he shook it to get the excess off and started working at the wound.

It was silent besides Hiei's soft grunts of pain and Hisako's soft murmuring, however nonsensical it was. When Torga was finished, he started bandaging him. "I'm surprised that you decided to come here for treatment." He said after a moment, picking up his pipe from where he set it on the table. "We have healers sure, but I didn't think you were close enough to Hisa-chan or myself to show that you were vulnerable."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 5:31 pm

"I wasn't the one they needed to focus on. Kurama was injured the worst, as I said." Hiei took deep breaths through his nose and let them out slowly through his mouth, taking a deeper drink of the sake, "We were ambushed and they obviously knew how we fought, or at least were told the best way to take us down. Kurama got a spiked club to the back and a sword slash to the front across his chest. He was able to move and walk, so he was lucky none of the spikes got his spine. If you're feeling it from me, Hisako, I wonder about Shika."

"Considering Shika's lifebonded? She felt it, and she'll probably be there." Torga said taking an inhale and turned his face away to blow it out. "So, who did it? It has something to do with that cloth." He used his pipe to point at it.

"The ambushers used cyanide so they wouldn't be taken hostage, and Kurama figured they were from the Underground." Hiei took the patch from his pocket, handing it to Torga. He finished his cup and leaned further into Hisako as Torga went very still.

Hisako took the patch of fabric from him and her eyes turned sad. Torga took a deep inhale from his pipe, and carefully exhaled in a low stream of smoke. Neither spoke for a moment. "Well. We knew that was going to happen."

Hisako jerked and her head shot up. Her eyes narrowed. "Torga."

"It's true. He betrayed us once, hasn't he? What makes you think he wasn't going to do it again. To challenge King Yusuke though? Directly? That's a bold, bold move." He gestured slightly with the pipe. "I never thought he'd have the guts."

Hisako's teeth clenched. "We don't know if it's him. We can't just say it is because of a damn piece of fabric. Are you out of your goddamn mind?! Do you know who you're accusing?!"

"He used to be a friend of ours. Blood brother if you will." Torga answered while Hisako continued glaring. "We took a blood oath. It's fatal if you break it." He pursed his lips together and nodded his head. "He's Tiki's older brother. When Tiki was born, his mother died after childbirth, which is more common than you might think. So we took on the role of raising him together. Hisako was the teacher figure, I was the uncle, and Takashi was everything else. Though Hisako took on the mother role quickly enough." He shrugged. "Let's just put it this way. Hisako's our brains. I'm pretty much the body. Takashi would've been the heart if this was a triad situation. But that hadn't been the case for years. Not after what happened to Hisako."

"Stop." Hiskao said lowly. "You're just going to paint a bad picture and then there won't be a choice. I'm not letting you hurt Takashi's reputation. No matter what he did to me." She turned to Hiei. "We don't know if it's him or not. I'll wager that it's not. Because he wouldn't kill off people or tell people to kill themselves if they were captured. Not with cyanide. That's too human."

"Takashi /jumped/ worlds with you. If anyone's going to kill off anyone in a human way it's gonna be him. You're too mean." Torga replied, his voice clipped. "You have all the evidence that you need. That patch is basically a death signature. A way to flaunt it."

"No." Hiei said to Torga firmly. "I've seen those that survived the war you just had. This Takashi, if he stood beside you for so long, would not be the type to join the rest on the Tree. The original betrayal doesn't even sound like a real backstab. It is less common here in Makai, but people can be framed. If not that, it is possible he died and someone stole his mark."

"It'd save us the worry if that's true." Torga said after a moment. "I hate complimenting the bastard, but...I don't think he's dead. You know, Hisa-chan and I thought about ruling Makai once when we were kids."

Hisako's cheeks turned a bright red. "Stop listening to the idiot, Hiei."

"Oh come on it's hysterical. We really thought we could do it. You did so much research." Torga teased and turned to Hiei. "But there's a reason why we wanted Takashi to rule with us. If you catch the drift. But, if you two /really/ think that Takashi's okay, then I can't say anything. The second in command is speaking for King Yusuke and I can't exactly go up against a leader's wishes, even if she is my cousin. So..." He shrugged. "What's your plan then?"

"Heal. Wait." Hiei rubbed just above his bandana, "Yomi was going to be the first to sign a treaty with us. That means after the attack, Yomi's more than likely going to send some of his own people to help guard and patrol. Shika and Kurama were planning to have Rei take over the Thieves Town and that's another treaty already signed for. We don't need one for the Assassins because Hisako will be my mate eventually. I need to go check in with Mukuro, the most she lets me go is two weeks and that is almost up. She's got something up her sleeve and I need to find out what."

"She always has something up her sleeve. She's a woman." Torga said flatly. "The day a woman doesn't have ulterior motives is a day where the demon world is actually at peace." He sighed softly. "Mukuro would be nice to have a treaty with, but if you don't get her into it, don't worry about it. She's not...happy...with our existence. She's tried to get rid of us a few times."

"We'll see what happens." Hiei agreed and sighed, falling back against the couch again, his body feeling heavy. "I didn't use the full force of her, but I was so angry about Kurama that I used my dragon."

"You should rest." Torga stood up. "Can you stand? I can lead you to Hisako's room. And if you dare tell me that you're going to just go back to Yusuke's palace, I'll go there myself and tell them that we knocked you unconscious. I think he'll be grateful we're not letting you run around."

"I'll help. No wonder you're fatigued. I was wondering why I felt so tired." Hisako said, but she wasn't lecturing.

Hiei grunted in annoyance, but it was more at the situation rather than either of them, and let Torga take his hand and haul him upright, "I probably won't wake up until nightfall."

"Good." Hisako and Torga said together at the same time. They both looked relieved that he would rest. Apparently, they had to fight with people in order to get that done. "If you can't get up by yourself at nightfall, we'll keep you here for another day and let you go in the evening. God knows Yusuke would panic otherwise." Torga said. "You're completely safe here, kid. Though maybe it's about time we do another blood oath."

"Not now...." Hisako sighed. "You and your obsession." She stayed close to Hiei so that if he needed to lean, he could.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 7:55 pm

Yomi was sitting beside Kurama's bed, his fingers skimming along a book that was in braille when footsteps he hadn't heard in ages reached his ears. Moving his head up, he smiled, "Shika. It's such a pleasure to know that you've once again captured this fox's heart."

"Yomi." Shika took a deep breath in since she had pillar hopped and had ran all the way through the building. She was thankful that Kurama wasn't alone and she bent over to grab her knees and take in a few breaths. "Thank god. Hiei's not here, so I guess he found Hisako's hideaway." She managed to get up and walk over to the bedside, slipping down into it's chair. "I never thought I'd see you by his bedside."

"A lot of things have changed, haven't they?" Yomi hummed and set the book aside, "Hokushin knows basic first aid, but Kurama's the main healer of the group. Honestly, if it wasn't for me he would be worse off right now. I may not be nearly as old, but I know a thing or two. I survived being betrayed and nearly ripped apart, after all."

Shika flinched. "Yes. Hisako had words to say about that before she left the village for a good three years." She took a breath in and out. "So did I...it was...I can't defend what he did...Kuronue's death hit us all hard and we knew it. After what happened to you, and after Hisako snapped, I snapped. I had enough. He didn't just do that to you. He endangered all of us...so I threatened to put him down myself."

"He went a sort of insane that not even his mate could cure or tame." Yomi reached over and patted her leg, "Three thousand plus years...they were each other's heart and soul. I knew that. I didn't forgive him at first, of course, but I did. I saw how remorseful he was when he came to join me in my army as well. I was glad to hear recently that Kuronue was alive, as well. That particular tidbit didn't reach me until late. I am also sorry, Shika. I was focused building my own city and my own reputation that I forgot about the village and the rest. I also heard you managed to take what Kurama started and make it flourish."

"I don't blame you." Shika looked at him in surprise. "I'm sorry that I left you for dead. That I didn't think to go back and see where you were, or how you were doing. We both just wanted to make things out of what little we had. I guess that's why our thoughts never strayed towards the other." She smiled softly. "But I'm afraid that it's not going to be "my" town for very long. I'm giving up the leadership to someone else. Do you remember Rei?"

"A good man, if a bit noncommittal." Yomi joked with a smile, leaning back and folding his fingers together. "So you're once again changing your life. I'm sure you've noticed how much Kurama's different, after re-living parts of his life he no doubt forgot. Childhood, being a teenager. I can tell he had a loving family this time. Not the harsh environment of being a demon. I like this new Kurama. He'll be good to you."

"I sure hope so." Shika said softly, "Youko was good too me as well, but I felt like I was struggling to keep up. It's nice...to slow down." She looked at Yomi teasingly. "But what about you? Do you have anyone you want to see if you can take care of?"

"Just my son." He shook his head when Shika arched a brow at him, "I cloned him. I'm not entirely sure if he's even fertile, but he's reached puberty. He's a handful. Rambunctious and headstrong, but not unlike me when I was young." Yomi chuckled, "Speaking of mates, you mentioned Hiei going to see Hisako? Is there something else I missed, besides Yusuke being interested in his bodyguard?"

"Hisako finally found her bondmate after decades of telling us it wasn't going to happen." Shika smiled warmly. "They don't show affection much, but I can tell that if she has something to say, Hiei listens and visa versa. He puts down a lot of barriers for her. It's something of a feat. I can tell he's waiting for her to realize that he's doing it, and for her to start doing the same. If she hasn't already. Well, it pays off anyway. We don't have to listen to Kuronue whine that his "daughter figure" isn't finding someone to be with for the rest of her life and you don't have to pull her out of shady situations he gets her into."

"No, I suppose I don't. Hiei's a reasonable person. If he thinks Hisako's going to do something dangerous and stupid, he'll say so to her face." Yomi laughed softly, and he stood up, "I am going to go make you some tea. You've come a long way. If you're asleep next to him when I return, I'll just drink it instead." He patted her head.

"Thank you, Yomi." Shika watched him leave and she turned to Kurama. He was probably asleep, and he didn't hear any of the conversation. She reached and took his hand gently into hers. "I should've made you promise not to leave me behind if there's a battle. But it can't be helped. I'll remember to tell you that I'm fighting by you again." She rested her head against the mattress. "I never wanted to feel that. Not again."

Kurama shifted, inhaling sharply through his nose before he let the painful breath go and his eyes open just a crack, "Shika?" his voice cracked, dry and hoarse. "You're...back?"

"I felt you get hurt, I wasn't going to leave you. Do you need water?" Shika asked, sitting herself upright. "You were ambushed, so Hiei went off to find Hisako. Undoubtedly he's talking to her now about the Underground. Yomi's here and has been watching over you."

Of course she felt him get hurt. He could still barely move without sharp pain somewhere. It hurt to be on his back, but there was no other way to sleep besides on his chest with the wound there. "Yomi...I..." He groaned, his head throbbing. He wasn't going to bother thinking about paperwork and getting things sealed and signed. "Water...yeah.." he managed instead.

"I'll get you some." Shika was thankful that either Yusuke or Yomi had put thought into putting a pitcher and a glass by the beside. She carefully poured him a come and she looked between the two before she took a breath in. She took a drink and she press her mouth against Kurama's to let him have some without straining him.

It was a surprise, but his tongue darted to catch more after he swallowed. The cooled taste of her was soothing and he reached a hand up to her hair, smoothing it from her face and holding her there a moment. It was a lazy swirl of tongues since he was still so tired and she'd traveled all this way. "I'm sorry for worrying you, koi." He whispered when they parted.

Shika's expression softened and she gently pressed her forehead against his. "Don't be sorry." She murmured and she pulled away. "Just get better." She smoothed his hair and looked at his bandages. "I'm going to have to owe Hiei and Yusuke for watching your back." She said softly, teasingly. "Do you need more water? You should rest love."

"I'll be okay." He held his arm out a little bit, "You can join me, just put your head on my shoulder not my chest. I'll sleep better this way rather than you falling asleep on the side."

Shika blinked before snorting and taking off her shoes and her sword. Once she was partially undressed, she carefully slipped into the bed and rested her head against his shoulder. Her cheeks were a warm crimson.

"So much for you having your own room...it's amusing as Haru and Yusuke are in the same boat." Kurama kissed her forehead, nosing her hair. He was already starting to feel sleep tug at him again, "G'night, Shika."

"Night love." Shika murmured and soon after that they were out like a light.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 11:42 pm

Two weeks and Haru's injury was merely another scar. It made Yusuke's eyes narrow every time he saw it, but she wore tank tops to cover it. Kurama was able to move around, the pinpoints where the spikes sunk in had been scabs after the first week. The only thing left was the deepest part of the cut on his chest. Hiei's wound was also just barely there, just needing a small patch.

Hiei and Hisako were walking in the ravine taking a look at the buildings that were underway. After the transfer, some of the people from the Thieves town had packed their bags and followed Shika. A lot of them were families, two were new couples that didn't want to see the other die on a raid and wanted to /start/ a family. It was enough to be noticeable but not enough to make a dent in the Town.

Yomi had sent an Earth user and a few other demon construction workers to knock down two whole pillars to start without damaging the others, and had used the rubble to create winding stairs going up the main pillar that housed the palace. What was left was the start of shops and housing. Until those were complete, the inside of one of the pillars had basically been turned into what Haru and Hisako had equated to an apartment complex.

Some of them were surprised at the rate of progress. Haru, Yusuke and Kurama, however, had grown up to see human construction and how an entire building could have a skeleton built in a month. They really didn't blink an eye, since these were demons they didn't have the same workforce regulations because they had a higher endurance. It was more a courtesy to take a lunch break rather than a requirement.

Hiei had his hands in his pockets as they stood watching the people lounge on the outlines of the building, taking a break from the heat to eat. "If you had told me a month ago Yusuke would have enough people to start a real livelihood I wouldn't have believed you."

"Shika's a good influence on her village. I'm not surprised most of them are families, or wanting to be one. Shika might as well be a patron goddess of family love and children." Hisako said as she watched the workers break and talk to each other. She watched them for a moment, listening to the chatter of conversation and she smiled a little. "I almost thinking that if she dies, I should build a shrine and see how many people I can get to believe me if I tell them that."

Hiei snorted and nudged her to keep moving, heading for the stairs. It was useful, meaning they could take their time instead of bouncing between in order to get up there. "She'd probably come back and smack you if you did that."

"Probably." Hisako smiled a little. "But it's true no matter how you slice it. She's been there for a lot of people. Therefore, they'd want to be here for her. I'm glad you have a guard though. After what happened, I was about to add mine, but Yomi talked me out of it. He looked good for a blind man I was surprised."

"He acts like he's not which makes people think twice." Hiei agreed, but he went quiet again, staring at the stairs in front of him.

Hisako noticed his silence and she let her expression fall. She rested her hand on her hilt of her blade, but kept the other swinging free, just in case. They stayed silent for a moment. "I never thought I'd know someone who was going to war."

"You just taking a wild guess?" Hiei glanced behind him. The stairs weren't quite wide enough for side by side, but she could get pretty close.

"That you're going to go be in war? It's not too wild." Hisako said softly. "There was bound to be one. No one would go against Yomi's. He has too many demons in his kingdom, he knows his people and he knows if he was going to be betrayed. No one would dare try to go at him. It's folly and madness. Mukuro moves around, that's true, but that's valuable to over take. If you have a moving fortress, her technology, and her people? Well. You would probably get other countries and kingdoms to bow down to you. Maybe not Yusuke, he's too much of the big cheese to worry about there. But if Yusuke didn't conquer or alliance with Mukuro's fortress, someone was bound to think of it a good idea. I know if I was on the bad side, I would."

"There're been a territory that she hasn't been allowed into. She's been setting up to take them by force. It's a large area, mostly grassy planes and low hills, but she knows if she wants to expand she needs her own solid ground to stand on." Hiei pressed his mouth into a thin line. "While I was away I got to see the landscape of the border. She's already sent a warning to bow down or war and if they refuse, where she'll be. I've got another two weeks. That should be enough time to also figure out who's at least behind this Underground attack with Takashi's symbol, if not try and take them out."

Hisako's eyebrow went up and she hummed, "What are your thoughts? Should she go to war with that territory? Is the territory any good for conquering? Can they fight back or will it be a slaughter?" She clicked her tongue at Takashi's name. "I had someone take a bit of a scope. See what's going on that's new. Apparently a lot of things has changed since I walked in so if we're going to go to the Underground, I'll have to dress like an entertainer or something. You're a bit recognizable, but your reputation's a bit of a blank slate to work with. Torga's threatening that it's either you or him and I'm worried about what he's going to do if he even /sees/ Takashi. Let alone hears him speak." She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed loudly. "It's a mess and chaotic."

"I'm not questioning Mukuro's tactics so whether or not she should doesn't matter to me. I don't care if they can fight or not, either." Hiei shrugged, "If I wore a different cloak I doubt anyone would know who I was. I can mask my energy well enough to seem weak, as well. I don't believe Torga should do any undercover work regarding this. Perhaps his student could go in his stead?"

Hisako looked at Hiei with an raised eyebrow. "You'll just go along with it?" She thought about it. "I think you're better suited for it." She made a wince. "If I asked Hiroki...well...I don't know. Torga might be upset, but Hiroki's always looking for a way for Yusuke to look his direction. If he thought this was a way, he'd probably take it." She looked half-way amused. "At least he's not my student. I'd be worried. I'm supposed to take on another. Hina and Arata made it through their first kills, so technically they're not my students anymore. Same with Torga and Hiroki. We're supposed to take new students by now."

"There's been no time. Take new students when you're ready. Just because they had their first kills doesn't mean they have nothing left to learn." Hiei assured her, "We'll talk about it with Torga and Hiroki if you want to and see what they have to say. Discuss the specifics. What we're listening for, where we need to go, what not to say."

"You make it sound like you've done all of this before." Hisako smiled softly and she shook her head from side to side. She pursed her lips together and she said after a moment, "It makes me wonder if the person I'm talking to right now is the second in command or my bondmate." At his fast stop she nearly ran into him, but she stopped too. "I told you my concerns, I laid them at your feet. You saw them through a different perspective. I don't want you to go into a war you don't believe in and I certainly don't want you to follow someone blindly just because they offer you something." She knew she could be crossing a line, but she push on anyway. "I'm not saying that I don't agree with you about anything you said about my problems. But I can't agree with what you said about yours."

He turned towards her slowly, his eyes narrowed and mouth set. "Are you jealous of her?" he asked after a moment. "Mukuro hasn't gotten this far without making sacrifices and taking risks. Neither has Yusuke or even Yomi and the rest of us. Even you. I don't have a place to tell Mukuro what's right or wrong. I listened to her battle plan and I already agreed to it. Do you want me to go back on my word?"

Hisako looked away only for a moment to gather her thoughts before she looked at him straight. "I can't be jealous over someone I never met. And it'll be really fucking hypocritical of me to be jealous over her anyway and I refuse to be that person. If you don't have a place to tell her if it's right or wrong then tell me. No I can't fix it and no I can't go off and beat sense into her head I'm not Yusuke. But have you forgotten that we're bonded? You don't think I can't feel how this is hurting you? I'm not ask-" She took a breath and calmed herself. "I'm not saying you need to go back on your word. I'm not saying that you should go off and tell Mukuro that she's wrong. What I'm saying is that I'm here." She flicked her tumb against the hilt of her sword. "And this effects me too. In ways you probably haven't thought of."

Hiei's hand shot out and his hand gripped her throat. He leaned in close so that their noses were brushing and his hand tightened just a fraction as he stared into her eyes and growled low.

It was impressive, how fast he managed to grab her throat and how tight it was. It wasn't enough to choke, but enough to remind her that he was indeed strong. She had grabbed his wrist on reflex, but she didn't move back. She didn't move at all because she knew that he wouldn't hurt her. She growled back, but hers was softer. More of an answer than a threat. She stared into his and decided on whim to close her eyes, knowing /full/ well that if she did that, she was left vulnerable. He was faster than she was, he could pull his sword and gut her, she could die within a moment, but she still closed her eyes to show her trust.

As she closed her eyes and her head dipped back just a bit when he pressed closer, Hiei felt his reaction through his body like a live-wire in one sure-fire path. It travelled up his neck to his ears and even his Jagan glowed as it made his fingers twinge and his muscles in his arms spasm, and even down to his toes next. Leaning in he scraped his teeth on her neck and then kissed the are to sooth the reddened flesh. He then followed her pulse with his nose and he didn't kiss her, not outright, but his lips did brush over hers, their breaths mingling as her own mouth opened as iff expecting it. Finally he let her go, slipping his fingers to the back of her neck instead of the front and pulled back, "I don't appreciate how I'm feeling being broadcasted out loud." He told her cooly, "If I feel like sharing I will."

Hisako nodded as she slowly opened her eyes. If she had a heart, she was certain it would be going crazy right now. The graze of his teeth on her neck was enough to get her breath caught, and her body warmed at the thought he might just mark. But as it was, it was temporary and he demonstrated that he was strong. "Sorry for nagging." She said once she got herself back and she managed to shake herself. "But...I hold you to that."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 1:03 am

Holding a hand over his chest Kurama concentrated on his breathing. He really hadn't been injured this that in a while, but every time he breathed deep it stretched the skin, so he had been breathing pretty shallowly so not to aggravate it. He looked over as Shika finished putting the box of files on the shelves in the study, "You've been so much help, koi. You're doing really well as a Diplomat, too."

"You think it suits me?" Shika asked, her voice light with a tease as she moved away and walked over to him. "Hows your injury? You're looking a little pale." She frowned. She hoped that the wounds weren't becoming infected, but she also knew that Kurama knew his body best. Being too concerned was more annoying than it was caring.

"I'll be completely fine by the end of this week, I promise. Just feeling out of breath." Kurama promised, meeting her half-way and kissing her nose playfully and sweetly, chuckling as she scrunched her face, "Anyway, yes. You do well with sweet-talking people. Of those out of Yomi's city who've talked to you, you've been able to charm them even when they're being snide and demeaning."

Shika laughed warmly, "I learned from the best, though I think they also are a little afraid of me. But I'll take whatever I can get. This is going to be a hard job, but we can pull it off. Speaking of being a Diplomat, you heard that there's a territory war that's going to be happening soon? Mukuro's already sent a warning. It's been the talk among the workers. Everyone's putting bets."

That put a frown on Kurama's face, his brows furrowing, "I...didn't hear about that. Between working on reports while my body heals, I haven't socialized much outside of anyone who comes to check up on me. I barely even have gone to the garden to relax. Being out of breath for two weeks makes me dizzy and tired. I've actually started to rely a little bit on Haru's coffee."

"Haru needs to chill with the coffee those things...." Shika's tolerance for coffee was horrible and it wasn't a hyper-way. Too much caffeine and she was knocked out cold. It was especially bad if Haru decided to lighten up the roast. "I managed to talk to some of the people. Some are speculating that Mukuro's done with moving around and being antisocial, while others are thinking that someone in that territory made Mukuro angry and she's getting well-earned revenge. The only person I could probably get a straight answer from is Hiei, but...uh...Hisako and Hiei had a small spat. Apparently. They're not exactly talking...but they're not exactly....you know."

"They're being close but standoffish. I Understand." Kurama sighed, "Leave Haru alone about the coffee, too. Yusuke's all for it in the mornings now. I've caught the two of them hanging out in Raizen's room where that hole is danging their feet off the edge. No one goes in there so they're usually by themselves. I get a sneaking suspicion Yusuke got over it just so he could take her in there."

"No doubt." Shika beamed and she shook her head. "I know better than to go after Haru and her coffee treasure. Especially if it's helping you." Her eyebrows furrowed. "Do you want me to grab you anything warm to drink now that we're talking about it?"

"No." Kurama reached out and stroked her cheek, "I just want you. After discussing Mukuro's potential war, I really should go down to see how those who followed you are holding up. See what they know and what they think. Hiei's going to be in that fight, so I'm concerned."

"Hisako is too." Shika pursed her lips as she leaned against his touch. "I don't know how much information my people will have about it. I talk to my people for you, if you want. If you think Hiei's a better source of information, you could try him...I could get Hisako to unwind too. It'll be a group effort. Though...I think I'm a bit optimistic about that..."

"I could observe him, but if he won't talk then he really is uptight about it and there's not much I can do. If you want to talk to Hisako, I can distract him. That's a different matter." Kurama hummed thoughtfully.

"Hmmm." Shika sighed softly. "It's a mess. All wars were. I'm glad I was freelance as a mercenary. Otherwise, I would've been dead before I even met you. But that's enough about that. I think once the territory war is over, Mukuro's going to let Hiei go. He can't continue splitting his time and it'll look bad."

"Everybody knows that and we all agree." Kurama told her, "All we can do right now is focus on one thing at a time. We also have this Underground thing to worry about, but it seems Hisako knows a lot more."

"She gets that from you." Shika decided to tease Kurama lightly. "She always hung off of your every word and how you'd gather information."

Kurama groaned a bit, "Ah, is that what happened? I was a bad influence?" He slipped his arm around Shika's waist and they finally started to head downstairs, "Let's go find Hisako and Hiei and split them off so they can cool off and act normal. The sexual tension with Yusuke and Haru is bad enough." He teased.

"Kurama you're always a bad influence." Shika wrapped her arm around his waist too. "But no kidding about that tension."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 6:18 pm

It wasn't until the next day when Shika had managed to catch Hisako and the two of them were off somewhere or another. So, it was Kurama's time to distract Hiei and they sat in the gardens. The redhead was leaned forward over the pond, his and skimming the water where the koi were and some swam up while some swam away. "The weather's going to shift. I can feel the air pressure. I wonder if it's going to be a dust storm or a thunder storm. We could use some rain."

"I heard the villagers from your Town say they were going to try and start planting trees, have you make them grow when you're better so there's a forest in the ravine." Hiei commented as he sat on the bench, arms crossed and one leg over his knee. He was grumpy and tense, which was expected.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea." Kurama looked over at him in surprise and then smiled, "I could do a little at a time. Surround the area where the palace and the beginnings of the town. Don't want to overwhelm the soil at first, then as we get more trees we'll probably get more rain." He nodded to himself.

They went quiet again as Hiei had nothing to add. It was fine. Hiei would talk to him when he was ready.

It was something he knew Hiei was grateful for. Not being pushed and shoved into giving an answer. They both knew what the topic would be about, but it was Hiei's to start. Kurama simply got up and moved from the pond to one of the trees, reaching up and feeling the leaves. "If only we could do some Terra-forming to create a waterfall at the cliff, make a river though the ravine."

"We'd need Yusuke's Spirit Wave for that. Not too sure how he'd feel about creating a miles-long divert from a lake." Hiei snorted.

"It was merely wishful thinking." Kurama laughed softly, "We could carve waterways through the ravine at least for when it does rain. It'd start out as mud, but if we get a week-long flood it'd work out in our favor. Make our own lake where one of the pillars stood to contain it. Again, just ideas."

It was an interesting image, none the less. Hiei hummed and he finally uncrossed his legs, but his arms were still folded. He continued to stare at the pond, a frown down-turning the corners of his mouth. The silence stretched, but Kurama was patient, walking around the immediate area, close enough to hear but going out of sight for Hiei to get lost in his thoughts.

Another 10 minutes went by before Hiei finally said something. "It isn't going to be a pretty sight."

"Hmm?" Kurama responded, to let him know he had caught his attention.

"There is a reason Mukuro hasn't gone after this territory yet. Their fighters are good. It was stupid to attack them at the time while dealing with the threat of Yomi and Raizen. Which is why she's doing it now." Hiei explained.

"She has all her focus on them." Kurama stepped from the pathway and came back towards the bench.

"Her fighters are better. It won't happen at first, but once we beat them down and back enough it'll be a massacre. Those who are left she'll basically give them an ultimatum to join her or die. As she was a slave before, she wouldn't do that." Hiei huffed, scooting over for the fox to join him.

"Well. That would explain why you didn't tell Hisako. The Traitor Tree is one thing, but that was her own people. These are somebody else." Kurama tapped his chin.

Hiei grunted, "I told her I already agreed to it. It the way the demon world is. You are either strong enough to resist and to stay alive, or you are weak and you will be wiped out. I can tell she has been hanging with the humans a bit too much, Her world-jumping doesn't bother me, but you at least aren't batting an eye at what I'm telling you."

Hiei was ruthless. Kurama knew that. It was as he said, kill or be killed, survival of the fittest was his motto. He refused to show his pain, to show any weakness. If he did, it usually meant death. Hisako killed her own people. Had her targets. Yet... "So you fault her for being soft and compassionate?"

That caused red eyes to widen, "No." He gritted his teeth and gripped his arms a bit tighter, staring ahead once again. "No." He said again, quieter. "That compassion might save the life of a friend of hers, if he is even still alive. Her compassion is what is making me think twice about what Mukuro is doing. I won't go back on my word, because of my honor, but I have thought about the situation more. That's my point."

"She makes you think about things you normally wouldn't before." Kurama summarized. He liked that. Hiei would've just gone without looking back mostly for a fight. Now he had someone to worry about besides his sister and his niece and nephew. Yet...he was still tense. his arms were still crossed and there was a crease to his brow. "What else is there?" he tilted his head at the red-eyed demon curiously. It was okay to ask at this point.

Hiei pressed his lips together and glared at the fish like he was going to make them spontaneously combust. Finally he huffed. "I don't know if I should mate with her or not."

Kurama's eyebrows shot up. "Well. I know you /do/. It's all over you two like it's all over Yusuke. Haru still gets shy but I smell it from time to time, even if it's subtle. My nose is the strongest, anyway, being an animal demon. So would you be a little more specific?"

"I have two weeks. We were going to the Underground soon. I know I'll get to see her fight this time, because something always happens." Hiei snorted, "Do I mate with her beforehand...and she gets to feel the full force of the battle and worry? I would also be stronger, with her supporting me from afar. Or do I hold it off until after? She would worry still, but she wouldn't feel it nearly as bad. I would also be relying on my own power, which is fine."

Now that made more sense. Kurama hummed in thought and leaned back, "That is a dilemma isn't it?" There were pros and cons to both. Hiei really wasn't the waiting type, even if he'd only known Hisako briefly and didn't have any experience in the field of sex. So it struck him how worried he was about whether or not to go through with it before his battle. "I think...whatever happens, will happen. I would suggest talking to her about your fears, but that of course is up to you. At least you got it off your chest, and you can take or leave my advice."

"Of course." Hiei sighed through his nose and tipped his head back, staring at the darkening sky. "We should get inside. Who knows when this storm will hit."

"Right." Kurama wondered how Shika's talk with Hisako went, anyway.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 6:19 pm

They decided to walk down the hallways aimlessly. They didn't have anywhere spectacular to go to, and while the conversation was intended to be private, Shika and Kuronue learned a long time ago that Hisako liked to vent when she was walking. So far, they weren't saying anything and Shika wondered if Hisako was starting to become suspicious about her being dragged away.

But Hisako remained quiet, it was a little unnerving. Shika remembered the days where Hisako would nonstop ask questions. When did she stop? "You have a lot of things to worry about lately." Shika decided that skipping ahead was probably the best method.

"Hm?" Hisako glanced over at her. She wasn't wearing her sword on her hip today, but Shika didn't doubt that she had her weapons finely hidden. "Oh." She looked away and down. "I guess."

"You only get like this when you have a big decision too." Shika gently coaxed.

"Hmm." Hisako pursed her lips together and then sighed.

Shika watched her friend for a long time and she sighed softly. She forgot that wheedling Hisako for information could do one of two things. Clam her up or make her spill like a waterfall. She almost wished that she took on Hiei. He was probably a lot fucking easier than this.

They continued walking and came to a set of stairs. Hisako looked at them only for a moment before spinning on her foot and heading the way they came. Shika followed. It was only a matter of time. She knew that. Hisako was just building up endurance, it just took time.

The silence stretched on as they walked through the hallway and came to a room. Hisako opened the door and Shika realized that it was her guest room that they walked in. It only had a bag full of her clothes, and her weapons were lying everywhere within reach. Kei was sleeping on the floor, clearly not caring that his mom was home. Instead he stretched himself out and continued to sleep.

"Lazy cat." Hisako murmured affectionately and Shika smiled softly to herself. Hisako always had Kei, even before she was scared of the dark. It made Shika wondered exactly how the girl managed to find him, but Hisako never spoke about it.

Now that Shika was thinking about it...the only person she really spoke to about things like this was Kuronue. Shika always waited, and usually the conversations they had were light topics. Nothing like this. She prepared herself. Kuronue could do this. Therefore, Shika could too.

Hisako sat down on her bed and started working at the covers, smoothing and wrinkling them. Shika wondered if this was where Kuronue prompted her, or just waited it out.

Apparently waiting was a good answer.

"Do you think I'm a bad mate?"

Shika's eyes widened. "Say what?"

"The human question to that, is whether or not I'd make a good wife. But we're not in the human world and I'm not a human. So. Do you think I'm a bad mate?" Hisako replied calmly.

"What's with this question so suddenly?" Shika's eyebrows furrowed. "Is it about your guys fight?"

Hisako sighed softly. "Please. Shi-chan. Tell me what I am."

"..." Shika thought about this for a while. "I think you're confusing him."

"How so?"

"You committed your own civil war. You strung up people on Traitor Tree. You're the strongest assassin ever encountered. You used to have requests that would take you away from your village for /years/ before you returned and most of the time you just stopped by ours to refresh since yours was too far away, portal included." Shika explained. "But...Hiei's only ever seen that side of you. He didn't see the side that saved Kei. And he certainly doesn't understand why you'd suddenly be concerned about a fight that has nothing to do about you."

Hisako's eyes narrowed. "That's where you're wrong. It does have something to do about me. I fought a war because it was my life of theirs. I hung people to make an example out of them, like we all did. But do I follow wars that do not have my full attention? Do I follow wars that mean nothing to me? Hiei's doing that."

"You're going to have to explain your logic here..." Shika pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I don't trust Mukuro as far as I can throw her. She's a threat to the Assassins and I know that to well. If she finds out that Hiei's mated to one, there's only going to be trouble. Add to the idea that she's actually going to go to war for a territory against people who may or may not have a chance sickens me to death. She's dragging my bondmate into this."

"..."

"He asked me if I was jealous and I told him there's no way I'd be jealous of her." Hisako said softly. "How can I be jealous of a woman whose dangerous like she is? She's just taking advantage over him. Like she's taken advantage over everyone else."

"...That's right. When she rose to power, you started gathering information about her laws and about the way she was treating her people." Shika blinked. "At first you really admired her. But as she grew more powerful, she started reading up on you guys...and it turned into chaos. She couldn't attack your village, she didn't know where you were. But if she so much as found one of you in her territory-"

"Instant death." Hisako closed her eyes. "No mercy. Despite using us a few times as well."

"As far as your concerned, Hiei's one of you now. He can't keep playing the double-sword. Did he tell Mukuro that he's bonded?"

"I'm sure he has...and a war's a good way to get rid of him if you want me to be darker." Hisako said sadly, opening her eyes. "I tried to tell him this. But I think I made things...complicated. I tried to keep unbiased since I know that he was doing his job. But when I heard about the war, I asked him if it was something that he believed in."

"..."

"I asked about his thoughts on it, and he shut me down. I guess I could've waited till we were in somewhere more private. I could have waited til he brought it up himself...but I was anxious. I watched one soul get destroyed before. Was I going to go through the same thing again? I didn't want to." She wrinkled and smoothed the blanket and Shika sat down next to her carefully. "So I asked his opinion. I thought that, if I laid out what was going on in my home and my life first he'd respond. He does."

"But not this time."

"I didn't take the hint." Hisako lowered her head. "Now he's probably off somewhere thinking I'm a coward, and I can't blame him. I always do that, huh?"

"You were ruthless and cold. You survived a Civil War without your shadow abilities though I don't doubt you used them from time to when you had no choice. You would always make sure the deaths were quick, unless requested. But you always left them flowers and if flowers weren't around, you would find other things. Do I think any of that makes you a coward? No."

Hisako looked at Shika.

"You respected people. You knew you didn't have a choice in killing them and they didn't have a chance but to die. But you respected them anyway. You always were kind to the dead. More kinder than to the living a lot of the times." Shika smiled softly. "But your compassion isn't your weakness. Hiei's not used to seeing that side of you...and I'm sure he's baffled at the thought that you're upset he's going to war when you fought in one. No matter the reasoning."

"..."

"I'm also sure, that Hiei is taking your words into heavy consideration. There's nothing he can do right now. He gave his word and both of you believe in honor too much to let it go. Even if your honor codes are vastly different." Shika continued. "But Hiei's not a fool nor an idiot. He knows you wouldn't say something unless you were either A) playing the devil's advocate or B) truly and firmly stood behind what you were saying. I don't think he's used to seeing things in your perspective. It's possible he was thrown off and decided to get upset. It was faster...easier."

"Hmm." Hisako wrinkled and smoothed the blanket out again.

"...You asked me if that makes you a bad mate. But I don't see a mark on you." Shika gently broached the subject.

Hisako sighed. "I asked him once if it was too soon to ask him what type of parent he wanted to be."

"Oh my god really?" Shika stared at her friend dumbfounded. "Why did you do that?"

"That's what happens when you mate. You have kits." Hisako's cheeks flamed. "Anyway, he said yes it was too soon."

"...Wait are you saying that he's...not wanting to mate with you or that he doesn't want kits?"

"I don't know. We checked marked everything but he wants to watch me for a little while longer." Hisako bit her lip. "And maybe this is me going nuts again and my anxiety's going haywire, but if-"

"How much do you want to bet that he does?" Shika smoothly cut her off.

"Huh?"

"How much do you want to bet that he does want to mate with you? That he finds you desirable?" Shika pressed. "This is a man whose about to go to war, whose probably thinking to himself, "will I get a chance" and he's probably wondering "is my chance before or after"."

"...."

"And you know what? He's probably wondering how that affects you." Shika gently poked Hisako's arm. "He's never going to say this to your face, so I'll say it for him. The last thing he ever wants to do, is to make you sad or worried. He doesn't want you to be hurt because of him and while yes you guys are hurting now, it's mostly out of stubbornness than it is that you guys actually called each other names."

Hisako bowed her head.

"The best you can do now is to keep hope. Apologize if you think you should." Shika shrugged, "And let things be left to fate. Isn't that how you normally live your life anyway?"

"I can't argue with that...he does deserve an apology. I embarrassed him." Hisako sighed. "Thanks Shika."

"Anytime!" Shika hugged her best friend lightly.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 9:34 pm

It wasn't too long after talking with Hiei that Kurama got the brilliant idea to talk to Hisako next instead of Shika. Whether or not she talked to Hiei was up to her, but he was just starting to hear the rain as he found the assassin wandering the halls by herself. "Some things don't change do they?" He smiled.

Hisako blinked out of her thoughts when she saw the fox standing before her. She sighed, a playful smile on her face. "You're right about that." She let the silence hang for a moment and she scratched her cheek. The rain was a soothing sound and she had deciding walking was better than to just hole herself up somewhere. "If you're looking for Shi-chan she told me that you'd know where to find her. Whatever that means."

"She's right I do know what she means." Kurama smiled at her and hummed, rolling his shoulders. "I don't know if it's the crackling of the air, but I'm feeling a bit of an itch. I'm not quite comfortable with the idea of transforming in front of Shika yet. Would you mind if I...?"

"Go ahead." Hisako smiled a little as she did her gesture. "I don't mind at all."

Kurama nodded with a grateful smile and closed his eyes. He took it slow, so not to alarm anyone when they felt his ki shift. Ah...how long had it really been? Several months? "I like to come out from time to time just to breathe." Youko told Hisako as he released a deep, relieved sigh. "I can hold this form until I sleep or get knocked out, which is nice. I felt as though it was inappropriate to do it after re-meeting Shika, however."

"Yeah...That could be trouble." Hisako nodded and she stretched. "I have to admit, it feels nice to see you and feel your energy again." She listened to the rain for a moment and smiled a little. "I bet never in a thousand years you thought you'd be in this position right now. Friends with a King."

"Too busy being a menace to society, what little of that there was." Youko agreed with a playful shrug and spreading his hands to his sides. He placed them in the pockets of his pants and walked closer to her, "Yusuke was a friend before he was a King, so there's that as well. He doesn't even like being called King, which makes him the best person for it."

"Hmmm." Hisako nodded in agreement. "He certainly has a way of getting friends too. There's not joke that guy has some charisma going for him." She raised an eyebrow a little. "Though I'm curious. Did you intentionally seek me out /just/ so you could transform?"

"Hmm. Maybe. I know Yusuke wouldn't care, and neither would Hiei, but Yusuke would feel pressured to let himself go as well and Hiei's no fun. Especially right now." Youko shrugged, "You were the best option. Though. I did want to talk to you. I feel as though you need some relationship advice. Do you know how /odd/ it is that Shuichi's never had sex but I have so he has the experience in the bank but hasn't done it? I have a lot of moments like that with him."

Hisako palmed her hand into her face. "I should've seen that coming a mile away."

Youko grinned, a toothy one showing his fangs and it even made the corners of his eyes crinkle up, "Yes you should've, Sako-chan. Now, how about we go to the library? Best place for privacy for such talks."

Hisako stuck her tongue out at him playfully, but followed him towards the library, quietly praying to herself that they wouldn't run into Shika. The moment they finally got to the library, Hisako took over and showed him a little nook that she had found that was good for reading, and for having a private conversation. "I'll admit right now, I'm a little concerned about this." Hisako said slowly. "But I'll bite and say that you know what you're doing talking to me about this."

"Well, I did discover an juicy bit of information regarding Hiei, so I suppose I do." Youko leaned back in the chair, "Why don't we start with you sharing your concerns with Youko, hmm?"

"Yes big brother." Hisako said dryly and grinned at his glare. She knew if she wasn't sitting directly in front of him, he'd shove her or something like he normally did when she returned his cheek. "Let's see..." She pursed her lips together in thought before she looked at him curiously. "I guess you know about the fight...kind of. I let my anxiety get to me and I said...somethings. And even though Shika did answer me kind of...I guess I want to hear your answer when I ask you this. Do you think I'd make a bad mate?"

Youko tipped sideways just a bit, not expecting such a question like that. Here Hiei was wondering if he should mate with her before he gets himself beat to shit, and Hisako wanted to know if she was a bad mate? "That's equivalent to Shika asking if she'd be a good mother."

Hisako's cheeks warmed. "W-well, we all know that answer. Shika /adores/ kids. I can't imagine her not being a good mom. You being a good dad? I'm almost thanking whatever god there is that you have a human form now."

"I see how it is." Youko sniffed, but then chuckled just a bit, "Shika has said as much, too. That bing human for a while did me some good. I didn't think I was that bad, but again no one does until they have a mirror reflected back at them."

"That's kind of why I'm asking you. I don't have a mirror." Hisako started picking at the chair and smoothing it out even though it wasn't a blanket and the fabric went no where. "I...only been in a courtship once and that went to hell. When I told Hiei my concerns about the war that he was going to fight, I knew I shattered whatever illusion he had about me. I know I sometimes let my anxiety get the best of me. I mean. How often did you and I fight over your plans? Sometimes you just flat out ignored me, but other times you took time to convince me. Hell Kuronue had to sometimes be the one in your stead to argue in your place. Shika just made sure we didn't kill each other in the end."

"If he wasn't honorbound he would probably not go. Because of you." Youko told her softly, his golden eyes gentle. "You've softened an otherwise ruthless heart, more than even Yukina or her kits ever could. I remember the times you mean. Yet you do realize that was a big reason I kept you around? Having someone second-guess you isn't always a bad thing. It helped us /not/ get killed a lot of the time, because I'd modify the plan sometimes so you wouldn't notice."

Hisako nodded, "I know. His honor and his promises are kept just as strongly as I keep mine. I suppose...well...I suppose now I'm just at a loss now. Apologizing would be the first step. I did embarrass him. He doesn't like talking about his feelings aloud. And I get that. But. What to do from here? I can't exactly dress up sexy and go into his room for hot make up sex like you and Shika used to. We could /hear/ you, you know." She shrugged. "I guess this is where you excel."

Youko only smirked at the memory, but didn't respond to it. "You're not going to be a bad mate, Sako-chan. You're wise in a different way than most. Yet my first bit of advice would be to also look at things from his perspective. Hanging with humans is good, but you're forgetting some things about Makai. You've already said you need to apologize for speaking for him about his emotions. That's a good first step. It took Shuichi a good half hour before he got Hiei to say anything, and there was no wheedling involved. if he's tense but letting it show that he's thinking too hard, he's also thinking about talking. Just let him do it on his own. Showing weakness means death in his eyes."

Hisako clicked her tongue. "I knew I should've waited." She murmured to herself. She nodded, "It makes a lot of sense. I do tend to forget what place I'm in and how to act in what world. It's almost like a language."

"In a way." Youko agreed, nodding with a smile, "Waiting and no pressure. Shuichi may have my experience to fall back on, but Hiei will no doubt run off of instinct. He's watching you right now instead of mating you because he's simply not ready. He is waiting for the right time to let the passion be his guide. He actually is expecting a fight in the Underground."

Hisako blinked and she thought about it. "I...wouldn't doubt it." She said slowly. "I had a plan to go through there in a disguise of sorts. As an entertainer and see if I couldn't catch any news about Tikei. Though If he's dead...like Hiei presumes he may be....well...we could very well accidentally out ourselves. Not every plan I come up with is foolproof. We just do what we can. But...what does a fight have to do with mating? Is he worried that I'm going to die in the Underground while he dies in the war? That...honestly doesn't sound like him if that's the case."

Youko leaned forward into her space and smirked at her wider than he was, "He's expecting to see you fight, Hisako. It will be a display of strength for both of you. He's not worried about how the fight will go, he's wondering how he'll feel /after/."

"O-oh." Hisako's cheeks bloomed into color. "So...um...is Shika right to assume that Hiei's wondering if it's right for him to mate with me after the war or after the Underground and which way is the correct way?"

"That was a jumble of words, but basically, yes." Youko leaned back and patted her head, "He won't tell you, but I will. The fight he's going into with Mukuro is going to be a bloodbath. He doesn't know if he wants you to feel that or rely on his own power."

"I knew it." Hisako hissed. "Fucking woman...sorry." She bit her lip and worried it for a moment. "I can't...decide that for him though. If I tell him I do, he probably won't. I try to keep myself as unbiased as I can when he talks about his work. I don't want him to ever think that I doubt him for a moment. Though maybe I already have." She shook her head from side to side. "And he thought I was /jealous/ Good god."

Youko laughed a little bit and he got himself out of the hidey-hole, stretching. His tail went a bit bushy and his ears twitch as he arched back and made all the muscles of his body tense and release when he sank back forward. "Ah, that was a good one. I think we had a pleasant talk, and I am glad I was able to clear the air for you, Sako-chan. Unless you have any other questions? Dirtier ones?" he teased.

Hisako felt her cheeks reddened, but she knew that if she asked /anyone else/ it would be horrifying. Yusuke would endlessly tease her, Shika would just stare and wonder if she's okay. Haru wouldn't know what he fuck to do and Hiei...well...Hiei would be mortified as well. "I can't believe I'm actually taking you up on that offer...what do you think...." She pursed her lips together tightly for a moment. "Do you think that I should...take charge so to speak? Or be submissive?"

Youko hummed and tapped his chin thoughtfully, "You know that's a good question. Both yet neither, I think. You both will have your moments down the line where you want to take control, and that's okay. Hiei wouldn't want a completely submissive mate, but certainly not one like Mukuro would be, a domineering one."

"So be neutral then, and maybe let the moment take it's course. Is...there any advice you'd give to someone that's doing this for the first time? In general?" Hisako asked curiously, raising her eyebrow up. "Is there anything I should be worried about? Pregnancy aside."

Youko waved his hand, "Pregnancy aside, yes. I have that taken care of. Reading some romance novels for ideas if nothing else might be good, if you're not opposed. Take your time, it's new ground for you both. As for the worries...honestly, I'll say I'll be glad Shika and Shuichi weren't mated when he got injured. I don't know how she survived my death or didn't break like I did when I thought Kuronue died. That's the biggest worry any bondmate has, really. Hiei has a right to be terrified of mating you before the battle, but there are pros and cons to both."

Hisako nodded her head and sighed softly. "Yeah. Okay. Thanks for your help, Youko."

"It was good /to/ help." Youko placed his hand on her head gently, "You're doing good."

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 12:07 am

"I'll join your sleepover if there's nail polish. Do you think Shika'd wear blue or green?" Haru grinned at Hisako as she looked at her upside down from over the arm of the couch in the lounge area.

Hisako thought about it. She could very easily get nail polish from her home. A quick little skip home and a little skip back and there's no problem. "Blue." She answered after a moment of thought. "Green will look bad with her blonde and her pale skin. She'll look sick. I'll bring my make up kit as well. I wasn't expecting to stay, but..." She shrugged. "I'm needed here than I am at home right now. I should probably also bring my disguise so that I'm prepared when Hiei wishes to go to the Underground. Though I'm re-thinking the entertainer idea."

"You'll have to explain that more when you get back. You going to be alright?" Haru gave her a concerned look.

Hisako pursed her lips together. "I'll have a minature break down when I get back to my village and then I'll have another one when I come back. Hopefully Hiei doesn't catch me during one. I'd rather /not/ have him figure out how badly my powers affect me if at all possible. He just thinks that I'm afraid of the dark, something easily fixed with just a bit of time and keeping Kei near me."

Haru clicked her tongue at her, "He'll find out eventually. Alright, though. You go do you. I'll find and tackle Shika."

~

Shika had been surprised when she felt someone's weight on her back. Instinct told her to do a quick jab to the stomach and she turned around when she felt it blocked held her hand to her chest. "Oh my god I nearly hit you!"

"I would've deserved it sometimes I forget we all got PTSD so I'm glad you didn't." Haru grinned at her sheepishly and then let her go, sliding down her body to the floor, "For once you're not with your bond! Good. Now's my chance to abduct you!" she grinned and grabbed Shika's hand with both of hers, tugging her down the hall.

"What?! What are you doing?!" Shika was shocked as she was dragged down the hallway. "Where are you talking I mean taking me?!"

"I can grab your pjs for you later. Onwards!" Haru pointed ahead dramatically and then cracked up, "Ah man I wish Makai had internet I wanna watch anime. The rain's a good excuse."

"Anime....are you high?!" Shika sounded alarmed.

"Oh no! I forgot you don't know what that is! Your face is hilarious, Shika!" Haru covered her mouth, still pulling but Shika wasn't fighting her as much anymore, "I'll pull up my phone and show you a picture. You've seen Hisako's manga haven't you?"

"Yes. She lets me borrow some as well as other books." Shika agreed, relaxing a little. "So it's...a moving manga? Like the picture show that Kurama took me to see?"

"Yes! There's some manga that get live action like movies, but others are animated." Haru agreed and they finally reached Hisako's guest room. Opening the door, she shoved Shika in and then closed the door, "I gotchu now!"

"Where's Hisa-chan?" Shika frowned as she looked at her room. "I congratulate you on capturing me, but..."

"Hisako wants a girly night. We get to show you some human makeup and I'm going to paint your nails!" Haru clapped her hands, "I wasn't able to do anything too girly besides dress shop with Kimi and Maya last time in human world. We'll also talk about whatever's on our minds!"

"That's unusual." Shika blinked and then smiled softly. "Well. I can't blame her either. She didn't get a girl's day in the human world. She was mostly there to heal."

"So, it's our chance to have fun with you." Haru nodded, "She's using the shadows for a pop in and pop out, so we'll have to love on her for a little bit when she gets back."

"I haven't seen her use her powers even for a small thing like that." Shika bit her lip. "She hates the shadows ever since that night...and I can't blame her. She was terrifying. It was terrifying. I wonder if Hiei's pushing her to use her powers more...or if it's her worry that if he finds out that her powers hurt her now, he'll consider her weak. She's a strange one that kid."

"Let's ask her. I did say he'll find out soon enough, but I passed on some conversation opportunities since we'd be doing this." Haru nodded.

"What exactly /are/ we doing? I know you mentioned P.J's...are we having a slumber party and /that's/ why we're doing the make up and the things?" Shika asked, blinking a little.

"Yes! PJs makeup, nail polish, pillow fights, pep talks and advice, the whole shabang!" Haru beamed up at Shika, "I can go grab a pair for you I gotta get mine, too."

Shika scratched her cheek and she shook her head from side to side. "Sounds like a human thing, but we'll have fun." She wondered if Kurama would laugh at this later. But...maybe it would be something she could relate to with his mother if she ever met her. She must have been a wonderful woman, to raise a brilliant man.

~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 12:49 am

"So you said you were thinking against the disguise?" Haru brought up after Shika picked out which shade of blue she wanted. Nail polish was a lot worse to demon noses, she was sure, so Hisako opened the window just enough so if any rain did come in it would be easy cleanup. Hisako had promised to paint Haru's nails for her as well after she did both of theirs.

Hisako nodded, "For one Hiei's the jealous type. If someone decided to let's say "buy me" then he's going to get upset. I mean, we wouldn't be having sex or anything like that, but my job would be to "entertain" that means to talk to, fawn over, and play games with the person who bought me." She explained. "And as much as that would give us information, I could accidentally start getting booked. One time I was down in the Underground for two months because I kept getting booked and I couldn't get out of it on time. Hiei doesn't have that luxury either."

"Hmm...no he really doesn't. So what are you going to do instead?" Haru agreed, making sure Shika's fingers didn't go slack and rest on each other as she moved from finger to finger, "We'll do two coats so it's nice and vibrant, then a sealing coat of clear."

"Sounds good." Shika said slowly, she knew after the nails were done and dry, Hisako wanted to do make up and she would do Haru's all together. "But Haru has a point. That was a good idea to do. Even if Hiei gets jealous, you're an assassin. You have to do things like that."

Hiskao shrugged, "I think I just might take a page out of Yusuke's book and do something stupid and reckless. I thought about lowering my energy like he would, and dress more in a human style. I'll change my hair too." Her hair was right now was out of her braid and was wavy and pretty. "Straighten it, maybe braid a small section of it...like how I used to look back when we were younger. It'll give Tikei a way to recognize me."

"Have him come to you? Wouldn't that be dangerous for him to come out of hiding? Or would he know a way to signal you?" Haru looked over her shoulder.

"He should know how to signal me, but I do have a hidey-hole in the Underground too. If he sees me, he should be able to get to where I sometimes stay when I get stuck there doing entertainment." Hisako explained. "I don't know how to get him out of the Underground without being noticed. I think we'll just have to hope for the best. Worst comes to worst, I kill all the purple coats that come after me and stake a challenge on the Underground claiming it as my territory. Will they like that? No. Will the Purple coats hate that? Absolutely. But the Underground and the Assassins have worked together for quite a long time. Me staking a claim is actually safer than what Mukuro's trying to do. Besides, the Underground, those who know it, know I won't be serious about it. The Purple Coats on the other hand...well...that depends on their leader."

"....That is such a Yusuke way of thinking I don't even know where to /start/." Shika said after a moment.

"I don't hang out with the guy, but there's a reason he's still alive. I was going to give him this idea too and see what he thought." Hisako frowned.

"It's a good thing Hiei's going to be with you." Haru blinked at her, "Torga's going to think you lost your marbles."

Shika turned to Haru. "The moment she said she was going after Tikei I'm /sure/ he's thinking she lost her head."

"Oi." Hisako deadpanned. "I'm right here." But both girls ignored her.

"Yeah, I remember Hisako saying Torga was less than pleased. Wasn't he going to come by with Hiroki? That's obviously is going to have to wait until after the rainstorm." Haru turned her head towards the window, "What are you going to do if Hiroki joins you?"

"Then I don't have a choice /but/ to do the entertainer route and hope to god that Hiei can keep a cool head. I'm not endangering my cousin's student, that's suicide. I also know that the reason why he's doing it is because he wants to /at/ least be there in some fashion or another. Whether that's to kill Tikei like he hopes to hear it from his student that he was indeed framed." Hisako sighed softly. "Though it's also possible Torga will give Hiroki the order to kill Tikei. To ignore me."

"So...you're going to tell Hiroki no. That's fine, I'm sure Yusuke or I can entertain the boy." Haru chuckled and set Shika's one hand on her knee fingers spread and then picked up her other hand, "I'm really liking this color. What about you two?"

"I like it. It's interesting." Shika said as she looked at her nails. "It feels a little heavy though, but that's because I'm not used to having anything on them."

"Fake nails feels worse." Hisako winced. "They hurt."

Shika winced as well. "It sounds like it would. All that pressure. You play musical instruments too. They'd just snap right off and I bet that's even more painful."

"Longest I was able ever to keep fake nails on was a week. Then I ripped them off." Haru drawled.

"..." Shika shook her head from side to side. "I don't think they'd last a day with me...dear lord you /ripped/ them /off/?"

"It's not like she ripped her real nail with it." Hisako could see where Shika went.

"There's actually a chemical which helps loosen the nail glue so you can peel them away, but my nails underneath were still damaged." Haru explained, "It was fine. At least Kimi's not making me put any on again for her wedding."

"I was going to do the whole shebang." Hisako admitted. "Go all out since it's a wedding. I haven't ever been, but I know you're supposed to go as fancy as a geisha, just not too pretty to take away from the bride."

"Huh...." Shika frowned at the information.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 9:49 am

She thought for a moment and then turned to Hisako. "Would you have a wedding or would want one? I think Kurama might want to do one because of his mother."

"Makes sense," Hisako frowned as she thought about it. Then she wrinkled her nose. "No, it's too much of a hassle. The dresses, the seating arrangements, the venue. I don't really care about all of that. I'm happy with a mark."

Shika laughed, "I think it would be fun to do a wedding. Though maybe it's because I already did the bite mark and be pleased with it route." She turned to Haru. "What about you? Wedding or marking?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 12:18 pm

"B-Both?" Haru stuttered, a blush rising on her cheeks. "I mean...I wouldn't do anything fancy like Kimi and Kuwa-kun...Yusuke is kinda like Hiei and Hisako in that regard? Too much of a pain and too much effort for just one day. I'd...I'd rather by a pretty sundress I can tie-dye and wear again later, ya know? I'd be fine with Yusuke wearing a button up and slacks or something nice like that. Kuwa-kun's dumping him in a rental tux as his best man and I don't think he's too happy about it. Not to mention I'd feel so awkward with the vows?"

Haru looked at Hisako, "Can't we do like a handfasting and make up our own special words? I don't think Hiei'd mind that sort of thing himself. Here in Makai once you mate your energies and scents mingle you don't even have to see the mark, but I think he'd agree to wedding rings to show humans you're both taken. It'd make sense."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 2:57 pm

"A handfasting?" Shika asked curiously.

Hisako thought about it before she shrugged and turned to Shika. "It's like a wedding, only it's from the Pagan's point of view. It's much more about ceremonial binding to each other rather than underneath a god. Tokens are given rather than rings, but rings can be a token. He might agree to something like that. Something informal where we can wear what we want...I'm sure Yusuke wouldn't mind. I know how to do one, so...you have options."

"So weird. Humans come up with some strange traditions. But I guess so do we in different kingdoms and different countries." Shika admitted as she thought about it. "I think it'd be a shame you'd get left out of the whole thing Hisa-chan, and I know Noa-kun and Maya-chan will probably want to see you happy."

"Shit your right." Hisako groaned, pinching her nose. "They understand that I'm a demon, but...they won't understand this. The rings are also a good point, though I'd feel like it'd get in the way."

"Hisa-chan I've /seen/ you kick ass in more jewelry than just a ring. It's not going to 'get in the way'." Shika pointed out.

"You know you could get you two some chains, if you don't want to wear them on your fingers when you're in Makai. Hiei already has his Harui stone." Haru offered.

"It's possible." Hisako nodded, "But the stone means something to him. I'm not sure a ring would hold significance." She sighed. "I'll figure something out if it comes to it. It's possible he won't even go for it and will just want a bite mark. He might feel like I'm trying to pressure him, or that it's something that I want."

Haru reached over and patted Hisako's leg, "You also might be overthinking things. Don't make assumptions and judgements for him. It's a long ways in the future anyway. You both got time." She focused on finishing Shika's first coat on her second hand and since they'd been talking long enough she started the second coat on the first hand. "So...speaking of bite marks..." she felt their gazes shift to her, "Am I being too mean with Yusuke?"

"What do you mean?" Shika decided to ask after exchanging a look with Hisako.

"I...mean..." Haru looked like she was physically struggling with the words and how to phrase it, "I'm basically cockblocking him." She rubbed her forehead, "I don't...I don't want to rush. I want to get to know him. I don't want to be second-guessing myself like you are, Hisako, because I haven't really talked to my man. Yusuke's open and honest, but...I dunno. It's barely a month since you became leader of your village, Hisako. I don't want to ask you to be his or my bodyguard just so we can fuck."

Hisako raised an eyebrow. "Well. Hiei and I have talked about that before. About me trading places because you /are/ essentially no longer able to be a proper guard. You can either be a guard or you can be his girlfriend. You can't do both. You'll die faster. I think a lot of people misunderstand how the Assassin Guild works. Yusuke asking me to be his bodyguard, even for a short amount of time, is honestly nothing. I'm basically in retirement. I put down my sword, I only answer to one person. That's what I told my Guild when I became leader. I don't care if everyone else takes jobs, my job is solely focused on Yusuke. Therefore they understand that my leadership may be short."

"When she talks like that, I almost feel like Hiei's in the room." Shika snorted. "But she's right about you being a mate or a bodyguard. You're not just cockblocking Yusuke, but you're certainly cockblocking yourself too."

The black haired woman's face lit up with red and she chewed her lip, "Everything's just...so fast..." she murmured, "You'll do it in a heartbeat the moment I ask you to, won't you?" she tilted her head at Hisako. "It's all hanging on me."

"Would it ease your mind if I talked to Yusuke /and/ Hiei before I do?" Hisako asked raising an eyebrow.

"Wouldn't Hiei get upset that you'll be repeating the conversation?" Shika asked, looking at her friend a little worriedly.

"It might be something that needs to be repeated. People's opinions change." Hisako shrugged. "But Haru wants to be with Yusuke. That requires me or you to be in a position where she can do that."

"Oh so now /I''m/ an option to bodyguard?" Shika deadpanned.

"You could be if everyone's worried about my leadership. You're the next best." Hisako explained. "I chose Haru-chan because she survived me. I never fought you. Nor do I want to."

"Hmmm. It's been a while since I actually bodyguarded someone. I was most a merc or a thief." Shika mused. "I know Kurama wants my help in diplomacy, but I think I could juggle things around."

"When you're out being a diplomat I'm pretty sure everyone around here would be up for protecting Yusuke in your stead. I'd be by his side whether or not I am a guard, too." Haru pointed out to Shika, "I keep worrying about your leadership because I'm pretty sure Hiei wants you to keep that job. You could /be/ a bodyguard and a leader I'm not saying that you can't, but so soon when your people are still healing and rebuilding? Unless you want to put Torga in charge and say fuck it."

"It's been a month. Yes we're still rebuilding homes, and we're doing our best, but healing is simply a matter of time we don't have." Hisako pointed out gently. "The mistake here is that you think of our village as that, a village. My job is simple. Answer to Yusuke when he needs me and overseeing the economy of the village and make sure that things can and will run smoothly. Assassins have already started working again. Non-Assassins are quickly rebuilding their businesses so that they can get money to flow. Shops and blacksmiths are the ones rebuilding first. Homes and things like that can wait. We know what's important. Yes, we lost people. But in the end they're all traitors. There's no tears that you can shed that won't save them. They're all hung. They're all nailed to a board. Tears are just insulting after that."

Haru went quiet and focused on Shika's nails. Her face was set in concentration on both her thoughts and her task for a bit until Shika's nails were completely finished. "Now they just need to dry. Freshly painted nails are pretty picky. Even when you think they're dry sometimes they'll get a nick in them anyway and that always pisses me off. So just don't touch anything for like half an hour." She looked at Hisako finally, "There's still things I need to learn, too. I'm sorry for worrying about something that really isn't my problem. It's your village, you know what's best and what you can and can't do. Still...it's worth mentioning again to both of them, I do agree there."

"It's fine. I think that's why you and Yusuke get along. You both don't know the demon world. It's new just like I don't know the human world. Hiei doesn't know how the Assassin Guild works either, but that's fine with me." Hisako explained as she held her hands out. "Want me to do yours before you do mine?"

"It'd be easier that way. I can let my nails dry while you do Shika's makeup and mine, then paint your nails." Haru agreed. "We should show Shika some games on our 3DS's, too. If we got her into gaming she could go against you and Naoki."

"It's hysterical cuz we'd just play dating games and screaming at each other about how the bad guy is /really/ the bad guy and what is /wrong/ with the situation that we're in is." Hisako said dryly. "Though we do play normal games too. I have some with me. I get bored too easily. I'm surprised no one's caught me doing handstands in the middle of the hallway yet."

"With the rain and everyone being cooped up they're bound to." Haru snickered and set her hands on her lap, "Green won't look bad on me, right? Not like Shika? That's Yusuke's favorite color..."

Hisako thought about it, "Humans are so weird." She picked the green nail polish and made her lay her hand down flat so she could start working on it.

Shika snickered, "I don't think that answered her question Hisa-chan."

"But it did. I don't know Hiei's favorite color and I'm not painting my nails of it either." Hisako pointed out. "It has to be a human thing."

"Kurama's favorite color is blue. Hiei's is a deep red. Kinda like blood, but not too dark." Shika explained easily. "Kurama told me randomly."

"You know that's funny I thought it'd be the other way around. I suggested blue to match your eyes, really." Haru tilted her head at Shika, then looked at Hisako curiously, "What do you want me to paint them then?"

"Paint them red." Shika grinned at Hisako's glare. "You like humans. It's a human thing." She pointed out. "It's cute."
"It's sickening."

"See, this is why you're having issues. You're acting /exactly/ like Hiei right now. It's adorable and a little creepy." Shika teased.

"Paint them whatever color you think looks good." Hisako answered in response as she focused on her friend's hand, then she paused. "Why /would/ Kurama tell you everyone's favorite color anyway?"

"I told him yours. I bet Hiei knows." Shika blinked a little.

The hanyou of the group beamed, "Let's do your favorite color! I don't follow the whole 'it makes you look sick' theory, but I really don't think painting them red would be a good idea unless it's like that pretty pinkish red or burgundy red."

"Hmm..." Hisako thought about it as she finished Haru's hands and decided to wait to put on the second coat. She looked through the nail polish that she brought with her, thinking about it before shrugging. "Silver. It'll be a fun color. Or black one with glitter. It can mimic a starry night."

"Black with glitter! You could probably get away with stealing a tank top of his and going goth for a week or two until the polish chips off." Haru laughed hardily.

Hisako stuck her tongue out. "I wouldn't. I don't like black all that much. I just like black glitter stuff."

Shika's lips twitched. "But you'd scare Yusuke, I bet. Dressing all in black. But you're too much of a girl for it...aren't you? Or is there Gothic things that can be girlish too?"

"Girlish goth I tend to call punk...like pink or purple with black usually." Haru shrugged, "Definitions vary. Anyway, black glitter. Doin' it. Shika! Do you got any concerns you wanna share?" She lookd at her pointedly, "Hisa and I spilled. You got anything to add?"

"Hmmm." Shika thought about it. "...." She looked puzzled for a moment. "Not...really. Not that I can think of..." She looked a little worried. "Was I supposed to bring my problems too?"

"What the hell did you tell her?" Hisako gave Haru a look.

"Um...that we'd be doing makeup, nails and having a good gossip?" Haru blinked.

"Bring pajyamas and to talk but I didn't realize that we were supposed to talk about problems too and I feel bad because I don't feel like I have any to worry about. My town has Rei, I can be with Kurama and know I'm safe and sound. I'm not worried about the purple jackets because you can handle tha-" Shika suddenly cut off and she bit her lip. "Oh. That's right. Hisa-chan...Haru told me that you decided to use your shadows to teleport...but when we came here you were...fine? A little tearful, a little upset, but....did you break down somewhere else?"

"I hugged Kei." Hisako shrugged, trying to act nonchalant. "He's my support in more ways than one really. Why does this make you anxious? Were you worried Hiei caught me? He won't."

Shika frowned deeply, "I think you misunderstand Hiei's intentions...but I'm mostly worried about you and your shadows. You won't be able to use them in the Underground and what if you're stuck in a position where you need to? Hiei doesn't know how to calm you down. I can't go with you, I'm too noticeable and as much as Haru probably could, Yusuke would die of a stroke or a heart attack before he lets that happen."

"So...you're saying your only concern is about me?" Hisako blinked slowly. "You're strange."

"It's valid." Haru poked Hisako's nose since that was a safe action, "I worry about you, too. Obviously. I'm also going to put some faith in Hiei since you won't. If push comes to shove and you gotta use your shadows, I'm confident in Hiei and that he'll be right there for you when you're safe."

"Hiei does need some more love that's true. He's your bondmate so naturally he's made for you." Shika nodded solemnly to Haru's explanation and then clapped her hands. "So I'll tell him myself that he should look out for you more."

"Wait! Don't do that!" Hisako's cheeks turned red.

"Well no that would be redundant, but it can't hurt to remind him that you have friends that are just as strong as you." Shika beamed. "Haru-chan can also drop a hint. Though maybe that's a human girl thing?"

"That's called the shovel talk and that's not something we need." Hisako pinched her nose.

"Shovel...talk? But we're not talking about shovels...why are you laughing at me I don't get it!" Shika complained as the girls cracked up.

"You're adorable Shika. That was a turn of phrase. It's fine. You'll learn." Haru giggled a bit more and then went still again as Hisako decided now was the perfect time to keep going on her nails, "I'll do what I can. After all, I owe you for putting up with my inability to girlfriend right."

Hisako did the proper thing and flipped her off before continuing with Haru's nails. "Ignore her."

~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next