Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 5:42 pm

"Kei is probably with Hisako. Let's go find them." Hiei offered quietly, surprisingly gentle as he nudged Tiki forward towards the gates of the village.

Kurama wasted no time in putting his arm around Shika and pulling her close to him. Demons or no, the sight of so much blood and guts would only have no effect on the most cold-hearted. Haru, with all her talk of how she understood, and Hiei for his own ruthlessness, even they were shaken.

Haru dropped her hand and put both in her pockets. Yusuke's energy was in a flux with his emotions, so she stepped back and waited for him to follow the others.

The village was in a worst state than just Traitor tree. Plenty of homes and buildings had been destroyed with nothing but frames to remind others that they had once stood. Blood soaked into the ground, saturating the soil. The ash hung heavily in the air, making it hard to breathe in and out without feeling some of it burn in the lungs. The buildings that were still standing had windows cut wide open, doors were off the hinges, and if one peeked in they could see a line of futons and those that had healing abilities kneeling at the assassins’ side. But there was not a single person that was walking straight and tall.

A few times they walked through, there would be a sudden scream or a sudden cry and everyone would jerk. Yusuke’s teeth would grit and Shika’s heart would break knowing too well that they were in a lot of pain and that the healer was trying to either set a bone, or do a surgery where the patient was awake for it.

The main house stood standing which was good, but it had the most blood. The floors were pure red, and puddles had dried in it’s place. He could see where bodies might have fallen, where blood would have just dripped endlessly into the ground below. The bushes that were around the area were dying, the trees stood out of place in a disastrous scene.

Kei was lying on the front steps, bandaged heavily. One of his ears were clipped, his nose was scratched up, and he didn’t look so well. His body that burned a bright red orange was just burning a soft yellow-orange. His mane dying. He looked up from licking his paws and he mewed. He got up and was about to try to jump of the porch, but his wounds protested and he had to resign himself into walking down to meet them.

He went over to Kurama and Shika first before he curled around Hiei. Yusuke felt his stomach twist. If Kei was this bad of shape, Hisako was probably in a worse state.

Tiki didn’t care, he ran up the steps, not minding the blood and that the floors would need to be washed. He tossed his shoes before he entered, probably not thinking of the interior damage that building might have inside. Yusuke followed the kid’s lead, not wanting him to get hurt and wanting to see himself.

"Shika...we can see Hisako later. Let's go help." Kurama frowned down at his mate, then shifted the bag he had on his shoulder and opened it up. Digging through it he handing one of the cases to Hiei who was patting Kei. Hiei nodded silently and took it in a firm grip, leading the lion and himself up into the Main House.

"Okay," Shika knew that too many people would just be too stressful and she was best doing something rather than doing nothing.

The main house didn't look like it had been too badly damaged. Funiture had been thrown out of place, a lot of knives were embedded in walls. Pieces of clothes were still hanging from their pinned state. Some had blood, and probably had muscle inside the cloth. Past the main room and through another corridor was a room that had the door slid all the way open. Peeking in, it was easy to see that this was the sick room, or the healing room. Torga was lying down, Hina was okay to sit up, and Hisako was on her side, back to the door. Tiki was by Hisako's side, dabbing a wet cloth on her and Yusuke's lips were pressed.

"Don't bring Kei in." Torga warned, looking up at Hiei. "He won't fit and he wants momma Hisako up. He'll sit on her."

Hiei backed up enough, and made Kei sit and wait in the corridor before he stepped inside and made a bee-line for Hisako, kneeling down, "Not enough room for swords here." He commented.

With Kei blocking the door, Haru felt it safe to break from Yusuke and go to Hina, gingerly wrapping her arms around the purple skinned girl, "You did good, you made it. Where's Arata?"

"Arata made it, too. He's going back to retrieve the young ones from the Earth Maiden's village. Maiden Saiyuri is pregnant so she can't help, but Masa promised to come for healing." Hina explained.

"Masa? That's Kuronue's son. I didn't know he lived close to here. I just met him a week ago." Haru explained.

Torga nodded, "Yeah. Just down the road." He gestured vaguely and winced as he pulled something. He shifted so that he could cross his arms behind his head and looked at the people that were there. "First time Masa's been here though. Usually we go to them before we get up here if we're badly wounded."

Hisako slowly opened her eyes at the conversation that was happening. Tiki stopped patting her with the cloth and set it down. "Hisako-sama. Are you thirsty? I'm going to make some tea." He said, patting her shoulder. "You need to heal so you don't move. Kurama-san's around the village too. Hiei-san's here too. Yusuke-sama as well."

Yusuke had to admit the kid knew tact where it counted. He got up without a word of protest and trotted out of the room. Though it worried him, should he really be out and about? He thought of the Tree and he shuddered, keeping his mouth firmly shut. He could talk later. Hiei needed to be with Hisako, and he should sit with Haru and Hina.

Hiei moved to where Tiki had been, rinsing and wringing out the cloth, then worked on stroking the sweat off her forehead. When some of her long brown hair didn't want to get out of his way, he huffed and reached out, moving it and his eyes widened as there was an electric currant that shot up his arm and made that side of his body numb for a moment. Stunned, he watched Hisako's reaction to see if it was just him.

"There was some on that tree that surprised me...but I didn't see Hiroki." Haru looked at Torga, "Is..."

Hisako felt her forehead get warm, but not a type of warm that indicated a fever. She felt her skin tingle and she felt a little lightheaded. Whether it was from laying down for so long or if it was from the touch, she wasn't sure. She knew without a shadow of a doubt however, that it was a bond. Hiei was her bondmate and she huffed a laugh. "Well, that was unexpected." She admitted, closing her eyes and wincing at the pain. "Is it awful for me to say that I'm glad you decided now was a good time instead of before? This would've been a killer."

"He's fine. Well, alive." Torga said, staring up at the ceiling. "He helped string them up on the tree. I think he's in one of the healing buildings right now. Poor kid's leg got torn a bit, but he can still walk. It'll just be horribly scarred. Or at least, that's the only injury I know. I'm sure he has more. No one here just has one. A lot of us, I'm sure, won't survive the night."

"The...distance alone. It would've been difficult. The worry would have been stronger." Hiei's voice was low, almost breathless, blinking at her slowly. He started dabbing with the cloth again, "I have another first aid. Do you need any bandages changed?"

Haru relaxed with a deep breath, "Good. I'll have to find him later, if he doesn't find me first."

"Whose Hiroki?" Yusuke asked, looking between the two of them curiously.

"Yeah, might be best." Hisako winced. "I was a pincushion for this fight."

"A boy who took a liking to me, calls me Haru-sensei even though he's Torga's pupil." Haru shook her head fondly.

"She calls him my pupil, but he's really a pain in my ass." Torga corrected grinning at the glare Haru gave him. "He's a good kid."

"You're alive. Will live. Here." Hiei pulled out the box Kurama handed him, "Just where are you injured the worst?" He moved the blanket down and was glad she had a tube top on. Last thing he needed was to feel the start of the bond making him jealous. It was brand new, so keeping himself in check was easy. "I am not the most lenient when it comes to things that are mine. There are not a lot of things that belong to me, after all. Be aware of that."

Hisako laughed softly and she gestured to the stab wound at the abdomen area. "Shoulder's pretty minor...and my side was stitched up three times throughout the fight so...it's all good." She winced. "You'll have to direct me into what you need me to do. As for what you were saying...I'll be as aware as I can. Though I do have a couple of male friends in the human world, both are getting married to others, like to hug and touch. So, I'll try to keep from doing that too much around you. Promise."

"If they belong to someone else, it shouldn't be as much of an issue." Hiei cut away the bandages that stuck to her skin with the dried blood. He used the cloth to clean her up, careful with the stitches. Ointment was next, and he was gentle with her as he maneuvered her to wrap her up again. "Is there a way to help heal Kei as well?"

"Fire. Let him roll in it. He'll be happy. Not a bon fire though that's too much. A normal fire pit. Maybe two." Hisako gritted her teeth as he worked, she tried to keep her breathing level, but it was still heavy and harsh. "He was born from fire, so...fire naturally heals."

"I can give him something better than a firepit." Hiei nodded, "I was going to wait to send him back, due to the injures he got when he brought Tiki to us, but something struck me and tell me if I am wrong." He leaned down close to her, "Just why else would a Shadow User have a Fire pet if they were afraid of their own element?"

"When did that strike you?" Hisako asked raising an eyebrow. That observant, considering that she not once used her element. Nor she did she even say anything about it before. "Is it because I don't use it?"

"You live in a world of shadows, and you're the only one who has a light in the darkness." Hiei hummed, leaning just a bit closer and taking a breath. Even while smelling of blood and death, she had something unique to her hidden beneath it all. "I just put two and two together. I wanted him to come back to you as soon as possible, be your shield when I cannot be because you turned me away."

"Are you upset that I turned you away?" Hisako asked, closing her eyes when he leaned in to breathe. His scent was fire that was crackling in the winter. Wood smoking, but not burning. It was nice, and comforting. Not ashy and smokey like the outdoors.

"A bit, but it was your decision. Had you died, you would not be fit to be mine, and the promise you made would be void." Hiei leaned back, hearing Tiki's little footsteps, "When you are good to walk, we will go around the village. Kurama ad Shika are no doubt making sure you don't lose anyone else."

"Speaking of..." Haru finally looked up from where she was massaging Torga's arm so he'd stop wincing every time he moved it, "What was the toll?"

"The toll?" Torga blinked, looking at Haru and then realizing what she was asking he snapped his fingers. "Oh. How many did we kill? Well. That's...um...you might find this funny...Hisako did. We lost half of the villagers."

"What?" Yusuke blinked.

"Yep, we were split exactly right down the middle." Torga explained. "Exactly half of us wanted to be behind you and half of us wanted to be against you."

"Hiroki was the deciding factor. Had he stayed with his parents it wouldn't be." Hina explained with a yawn, "Once Jiro died and was buried, Hisako made her stance. Torga was the first one to stand beside her, shortly followed by Hiroki. His parents were enraged and that's what started it all."

Yusuke whistled. "Wow...I don't even...know what to think about that."

Tiki walked into the room, but was silent about it. He had two kettles and a bunch of cups and he walked with a little unsteadiness, but he clearly had carried worse. He set the tray down on a table that was nearby and went over to Hiei and Hisako with one kettle and a cup. "Pain killer." He explained as he set it down. "I made some regular tea for the rest of you. We're not good hosts."

"Don't worry about being a good host, Tiki." Hiei told the little chubby demon, "You've done good."

"Once we have a cup we'll let you all rest." Haru patted a spot on Torga's chest that wasn't bruised or wrapped, "Yusuke, I think seeing you and hearing from you would boost spirits. What about you?"

"I don't think there's going to be a lot of demons that'd want to do a pow-wow, but if doesn't agitate them, I can go through the buildings and see how everyone's doing." Yusuke nodded his head. "Hiei can stay here with Hisako. He seems comfortable in that spot."

Torga snorted, "A spot no one thought /would/ get comfortable in."

"You know, I can throw this pillow." Hisako called over her shoulder.

"I don't wanna be caught in the crossfire of a pillow fight, please don't." Hina whined.

"She can't," Torga assured Hina. "She'll be in too much pain without the pillow and as much as Hiei is courting her, I don't think they're in the "in your lap" stage of the relationship yet."

Hisako painfully raised her hand up and flipped him off, using the said pillow to support her elbow.

Haru shared a look with Yusuke and then they both looked at Hisako and Hiei, "Oh /really/?" she cooed to her best friend.

"I never knew that they were already getting kinky." Yusuke added. "Like damn."

"If that's getting kinky then the sex must be wild." Torga added.

Hiei leveled his gaze with narrowed eyes and thin lips, "Watch yourselves."

"I don't think anyone's going to miss you." Hisako added. "I might shed a tear, but..that's all your worth really."

Yusuke cracked up. "Haru, we're worth /one/ tear what the fuck."

"I'm hurt! I didn't say anything dirty!" Haru put her hand over her chest.

"You started this mess." Hisako pointed out. "You can't play innocent with me, Haru. Noaki does it too often."

"I am an /angel/ compared to Noaki's sex jokes! Yusuke here might have a contest with him!" Haru poked her finger into Yusuke's arm.

"I'm a little concerned about the contest and what kind of people you hang out with, Hisako." Yusuke gave her a raised eyebrow look.

"I'm...kind of hoping you two never meet." Hisako admitted.

"Oh, it's gunna happen. Kuwabara's Yusuke's buddy." Haru grinned wide.

"Why. Why do you mention him?" Hiei stared.

Yusuke cracked up as Hisako slowly placed her hand on her face. Tiki was highly concerned and felt Hisako's forehead to make sure she didn't have a sudden hot flash. "Did he say something about me, Hisako?" He asked, enjoying how Haru easily threw her friend in a pit.

Hiei turned to look at Hisako with a mixed up twisted expression of horror, confusion and disgust, "You know the bumbling buffoon?"

Haru cracked up this time, "Oh my god, Yusuke, Hiei's face!"

Yusuke was laughing so hard he couldn't breathe.

"He is bumbling and he doesn't think you're right. I threw a knife at him once...Noa-chan will want to tell that story, but I do know him. He's good to have around." Hisako winced, knowing too well that this could be bad.

"You threw a knife?" Yusuke choked. "I'm going to demand that story when I meet up with him."

"I was there, too. That was hilarious. Noaki loves telling the story, though." Haru beamed.

Hiei shook his head, "Drink your stupid tea."

~*~
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 12:14 am

"I told you they'd love to see you. Everyone you've seen is so happy so far." Haru smiled at Yusuke while they walked.

The day was a bit exhausting. The injured were really bad in shape, but Kurama and Shika worked tirelessly to make sure that even the worst off ones managed to get by. They would be here a while, at least till everyone was okay in Kurama's book and so they could all world jump together when Hisako was feeling better. "It was worth it." He agreed after a moment. "They were easy to joke around with, those that were able to."

"Haru-sensei!"

Haru turned around just in time to get wrapped in a full-body hug, grunting with the force and she laughed when she realized who it was, reaching up and hugging them back. "Hiroki, I thought Torga said your leg got fucked up?"

"It is, it is, but..." Hiroki looked up at her, tears in his shining blue eyes, black hair sticking out over the wrapping he had around his head. This boy had hit the genetic jackpot with his good looks, even if he did have silver horns curling back and pointed ears which was the only thing taking from his completely human appearance. "I followed you, Haru-sensei! Once Torga told me you were Yusuke-sama's bodyguard, I was hooked. Even before Hisako made her speech. Torga-sensei was the only one who beat me to it!"

Haru smiled softly and reached up to pat his head, "You fought well, Hiroki."

Those tears dropped and he just so happy, hugging her again, shoulders shaking.

He'd lost and gained so much. This boy had a heart of gold and she was glad to see he had made it. "If you injure your leg any further, I'm going to hurt you myself. You better rest up, you hear me?"

"Hai!" Hiroki pulled away and wiped his face, and then he turned to Yusuke and put his fist over his chest, "Yusuke-sama! I will fight for you and Haru-sensei! When I finish training under Torga-sensei, I wish to work for you!"

Yusuke blinked, not really used to seeing a fan and smiled a little. "Oh yeah? I only take the best, so be prepared." He told him. "I won't go easy on you, nor will anyone who will want to test you."

"I heard through the grapevine you want to world jump with Hisako-sama." Hiroki nodded, "I am going to nominate Torga-sensei to be her second in command. Hina, Arata, Tiki and myself are still young. He's the best one qualified to watch us while she's gone, help us rebuild. Good teacher. I /will/ be prepared to watch your back when I've passed!"

"I bet Hisako's already five steps ahead of you, but I bet if you can make a good case for your sensei, she'll listen." Yusuke grinned, "Bonus points if you can impress the guy on her side."

"Hai! I will see to it!" Hiroki bowed deep and then hugged Haru again before he wobbled off, taking it slow but standing tall and proud.

"First time I came here he tried to spar me." Haru was highly amused, "That's why Torga and I get along, too. Hiroki is a loyal kid and a blast to associate with, even if he's excitable and follows you around like a puppy."

"I'm quite surprised he's not Hisako's favorites list." Yusuke mused, "But then again, I think Hisako would be harder on him. Torga sounds like a good teacher. He was certainly easy to bounce back between Hisako and ourselves. He chose our side fairly quickly."

"He was friendly with you, and was the first to grab your back when we arrived. At the time, it probably didn't seem like it, but he had already chosen is side." Haru smiled at Yusuke, "It will take time to recover, but once they do they'll spread word when they're back on missions." She didn't need to say it was all because of him. Yusuke didn't like being put on the pedestal, she had gathered.

"He was friendly with you, and was the first to grab your back when we arrived. At the time, it probably didn't seem like it, but he had already chosen is side." Haru smiled at Yusuke, "It will take time to recover, but once they do they'll spread word when they're back on missions." She didn't need to say it was all because of him. Yusuke didn't like being put on the pedestal, she had gathered.

"Yeah. I was kind of surprised by how he acted so openly with me. But, hell, I appreciate it. Demons aren't usually the affectionate sort, so seeing a few that are like Kuronue, or Rei or even Torga and Hiroki is quite nice to see." Yusuke rolled his shoulders back and down and he looked at Haru. "So, where are you thinking of going first when we head back home? Home being the human world?"

Haru stretched, "Arata should be back from Saiyuri's and Masa's village soon. Let's go wait for them and distract the kids." She offered, "As for home...Probably go to my house, mail the money for the bills. Hisako and I have a spot in the park we appear in. What about you?"

"Genkai's temple, that's where we usually hang so we'll probably meet up. I know Kurama wanted to bring Shika with us so she can learn more about the human world and so she can make a good impression on Shiori. Don't tell Kurama this, but I'm ninety-nine percent sure she already knows that he's a demon and is just playing along by now. She met Hiei for god's sake. You don't get much demon than that." Yusuke said as he followed her. "Distracting kids sounds good. I certainly could use a distraction."

"What kind of distraction are /you/ hoping for?" Haru arched a brow, "So, we'll travel separate and meet somewhere else? Or will the lot of us appear at the Temple? Shika experiencing the Human World is going to be hilarious."

"The kind where I can rough house the kids and maybe get my mind off of what's going on." Yusuke admitted, "I don't know. We can talk it over and see what happens. We might leave together and hang together and then have you guys stay at your place while we stay at Genkai's. I'm sure Shika's going to want to stay with Kurama..though that depends if he goes home."

"How do you feel about board games and card games? Noaki got that really terrible one...the Cards Against Humanity? And he even got kits where he can made his own, so we have a home-made Avengers deck if you know anything about that." Haru offered.

"I know Avengers. I made Hiei sit down and marathon with us." Yusuke laughed, "He'll be good at that game. He'd love that game. I don't know about Kurama...I think he'd like it. I know I will. Kuwabara hands down will enjoy it."

"Kuwa-kun's played with us, but he always gets so horrified at the things Hisako puts down, and blushes all the way down his neck when Noaki plays his cards. Maya and Kuwa-kun play similar cards." Haru grinned.

"Hisako and Hiei would probably be tied." Yusuke mused. "Just from hearing that. I'm getting the sense she has the same morbid sense of humor."

"Kimi and I are the wild card, we just do whatever. We also have a Harry Potter deck, forgot about that one.." Haru nodded, "We can tell the others we're interested when we meet up with them later. That's going to be lots of fun."

"A big party, I'm down." Yusuke laughed. "That'll be awesome."

"Deal!" Haru bounced a bit in her step, beaming as they continued their walk.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 3:32 am

"We're almost there." Haru smiled over her shoulder. She felt odd walking around town in demon gettup, but she was glad she'd be able to fill a duffle bag full of proper clothes. Yusuke had changed into a fine outfit, and even Hiei was in a pair of black jeans and a black long-sleeved shirt under the black trench coat he had on. Hisako was in her usual human disguise, looking five years younger and brighter in spite of the fact she was still slow with a small limp and sway.

"It's a neat little neighborhood," Yusuke looked around the area. The homes were neat and they were blocked off with some high walls to help with privacy, but it was clean and it was nice to just chill and walk in. "I bet your home is huge. How many stories is it?"

"It's's actually quite quaint...two stories, sure, but nothing unmanageable like say...that one." Haru motioned to one with a shrug. "Plenty of room if we all stayed. Two-three bedrooms, a study slash library...a nice kitchen, big living room." She shifted a bit and dug into her pocket when she jerked and her head snapped up, "Hisako-"

"HISAKO!" The moment that Haru had snapped up to warn Hisako, a flash of orange, black and yellow went right past Yusuke's sight and all he heard was Hisako's yip of pain and the guy sitting on her his posture indicating upset. "Why didn't you tell me you were injured?!"

"You did it before I could even stop you." Hisako grunted. "What was I going to do? Side step and let you fall on your face?"

"Hiei does that to me all the time. Hey Urameshi you're back in town!" Kuwabara's rasp sounded and Yusuke was immediately ducked into a noogie. "I didn't think you knew the girls."

Hiei got to Hisako's side and pulled the boy off of her by the back of his collar, "You should've let him fall on his face! Your stitches aren't out yet!" he admonished and helped her to her feet, supporting her gingerly, "Now we have to check them."

Hisako groaned and Noaki stared at her. "You should pick her up and carry her the rest of the way into the house. Haru-chan, I'm borrowing your first aid because a numbnut didn't tell me that she was stitched!"

"You know this guy?" Yusuke asked, watching the blond with a raised eyebrow. "I knew you get shady, Kuwabara, but damn."

Hisako groaned and Noaki stared at her. "You should pick her up and carry her the rest of the way into the house. Haru-chan, I'm borrowing your first aid because a numbnut didn't tell me that she was stitched!"

"You know this guy?" Yusuke asked, watching the blond with a raised eyebrow. "I knew you get shady, Kuwabara, but damn."

"He's a good guy, he's a medic." Kuwabara let Yusuke go. "Hey Haru. Kimi was just talking about you last night, she's gonna get a hold of you soon to talk."

"That's Noaki." Haru explained to Yusuke, "I'm expecting a call any time now I'm back, honestly. Hey, crack my back!" she chirped at the carrot top and jumped up, arms around his neck in a hug and a huge grin.

"You need a chiropractor for this." Kuwabra said, catching her and doing what she asked. The cracks sounded like it went all the way down her spine, making Yusuke cringe. "There."

"You're never that nice to me." Yusuke said after a moment.

"You cracked me first so I get to withhold it." Kuwabara pointed out, "Let's go inside, we're causing a scene and I kind of want to see if Noaki and the shrimp get along."

"I will gut you in your sleep." Hiei called over his shoulder, just behind Noaki as he got the key in Haru's gate door.

"Wow that sounds just like Hisako when she just wakes up." Noaki mused.

"Noaki, Yusuke got to experience me when /I/ first wake up. There was coffee in his home within the next twenty-four hours." Haru drawled, pulling away from Kuwabara now she was no longer light-headed from the back-pop.

"She's already training you all." Noaki said as they walked in. It was a huge spacious room. The living room was just off to the left, the kitchen off to the right and there was a dining room table that could seat at least eight people. Hisako was put on the breakfast bar and Noaki went underneath the sink where one of four first aids could be found. "So, how badly did you get wounded, /this/ time?"

"I got stabbed a lot." Hisako's eyes shifted to the corner of the room before flicking back to him.

"Your shoulder and your side got ripped open as well." Hiei grumbled at her.

"I like your boyfriend." Noaki commented as he pulled up Hisako's shirt. "Doesn't look like I did damage, but I'm going to take off the bandage just in case. What's your name?" He asked Hiei.

"Hiei." The fire demon responded with a grunt. He looked at Haru, "Where is the kit?"

"Bathroom, under the...sink." Haru blinked as she barely finished her sentence and he was off in a flit, back within the next thirty seconds, shoving the box with the red plus sign on it in Noaki's face.

"I like him even more he has speed." Noaki took the kit and placed it next to Hisako and flipped it open. Without even having to dig through, he found the scissors and started cutting it. "So I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you're /not/ an assassin demon."

"He could be." Kuwabara folded his arms.

"He's so not an assassin demon." Noaki refuted. "Guy doesn't /act/ like one for starters."

"I use fire, both human flame and darkness flame. I can use the shadows to my advantage, but I do not control them." Hiei explained with ease, "You just saw my speed, but I also use a katana."

"I'm making coffee, then gunna put the checks in the mail." Haru announced, going to the kitchen with a hum.

"Right up your alley." Noaki teased and pulled back the bandage. "So good news, nothing popped out of place. Go team. Bad news is that it's a bit swollen and red, probably from the strain it's put on, so I'm going to wrap it up with a fresh bandage, you're taking a pain pill, and couch with video games. Ever played?"

"Hiei with a video game, new." Yusuke turned to look at Haru around the corner. "Are you going to be drinking the whole pot or can we share?"

"I /guess/ I can be so kind to spare a cup for each of us. Unless anyone wants tea?" Haru called back, clanging through the cupboards, "Hey, Maya must've replaced the coffee bag. You sure as hell don't, Noa-kun."

"You can play video games with the oaf and the King." Hiei snorted, "I would rather not." He said in response to Noaki's earlier comment.

Noaki winced, "I really don't like coffee." He said in a hushed whisper like he was admitting some dark secret. "Really? You're so much like younger Hisako I'm having deja vu. Besides the knife throwing. That hasn't happened yet."

"Noaki no." Kuwabara warned. "Anything but that story."

"TELL THEM!" Haru shouted.

Hiei smirked, "Someone's not on your side."

"Traitor!" Kuwabara called after her.

"Love you!" Haru made smoochie sounds, "Throwing a teapot on the stove, too, then, Noa-kun!"

"She was never on your side to begin with, she's on Kimi's." Yusuke pointed out.

"Thank you!" Noaki called after her as Kuwabara grabbed Yusuke in a choke. "So, Hisako and I had this rule back at her apartment that there's no such thing as knocking. I know where she lives there for, I enter. So when she moved in here, Haru adopted the same policy. If you know where they live, you don't knock. It's a thing. The only time you ever knock in the house...is if you're wanting to go to the restroom or you're wanting to go in their rooms. Which makes sense. Haru does her thing and Hisako practices her flute so she needs to know when someone wants to talk. Fair's fair. Well...enter Kuwabara."

"Please don't go further." Kuwabara pleaded.

"Please do." Yusuke cut in.

Noaki coughed and he continued on. "Hisako and I were playing...what was it...Super Mario I think and she got up to make a snack. I had the game paused and we were just chillin...and then Kuwbara knocked. And he must have thought belatedly like "oh oops I better just walk right in because they don't like me knocking" when Hisako who was cutting celery for a snack, tossed a sharp ass blade at the door. It missed his face by mere centimeters. There's a notch in the doorframe, the blade went in /deep/. I tried pulling it out, Kuwabara tried pulling it out. She was the only one that could and that took a bit."

"Haha! I was in the bathroom when it happened! Came out and Kuwa-kun was on the floor looking like he just got the tickle feeling." Haru grinned, coming out and leaning on the wall, coffee pot going and kettle getting hot.

"Oh my god." Yusuke cracked up, "Though I have to admit if it wasn't you Kuwabara, it probably would've been me. But I would've dodged the damn thing."

"It wasn't funny then, but now that we're older-"

"It happened a year ago, Noaki"

"-older, we can appreciate it more." Noaki said calmly.

"Like you can appreciate being dragged to a host club?" Hisako asked sweetly.

"The look on your face when we went into that maid cafe was /so/ worth the pain." Noaki assured. "So worth the teasing Maya put me through for three months."

"I have pictures of that Maya sent me!" Haru dug in her pocket for her phone, "Yusuke, wanna see?!"

Hisako quickly jumped down at the same time Noaki moved and they both went after Haru trying to grab at her phone, but Haru was ducking and hiding her phone, trying to slip it to Yusuke, who managed to get it after a tangle of limbs and quickly ran to the back of the couch to try to stay "tall" so Hisako and Noaki wouldn't try to grab the phone.

"So I'm looking at the maid cafe experience first right?" Yusuke called to Haru.

"Hai~!" Haru called from under Hisako as she wasn't nearly as nimble as Noaki right now and hadn't caught up.

"Hiei, your girlfriend knows how to wear a dress, it's weird." Yusuke said after a moment. "You look like you don't know what to do with any of this." He cracked up. "You're staring at the maids with a neon wtf sign on your face."

"Human servant outfits /are/ strange." Hiei told him simply. "What bet did you lose?"

"It was either she had to play along with the maids or she had to dress like one." Noaki shrugged, "She chose the latter. She wasn't going to help cast a delicious food spell on our meal. Though that would be so awkward to see I'm almost thankful you chose the dress."

"I didn't lose a bet. The deal was that I couldn't make fun of what was happening in the cafe. Not to the people, but I couldn't tell Noaki my thoughts about it. At all, because if I did, it would be really sarcastic, he would laugh and everything was all over. We were supposed to try to take it as seriously as we could...I failed within seconds."

"Her expressions said all and that's how she failed. I told her to try to remain stoic too. She has no poker face when it comes to ridiculous." Noaki snorted. "But all in all, it was just something we never did before. We heard about it from the street and we knew that it was something we kind of wanted to see? But we didn't think we were going to be-"

"So, so embarrassed." Hisako placed a hand on her face. "So so embarrassed."

Haru giggled and finally got to her feet as the kettle blew first, "Headcount, at least one tea...anybody else? Kuwa-kun? Hisako, you didn't say..."

"I don't have an issue with coffee." Hiei answered.

"Three coffee..." Haru nodded.

"Coffee, Tiki did an overkill with the tea." Hisako called.

"Tea." Kuwabara answered.

"Tea buddies. For the win." Noaki high fived Kuwabara.

"Done deal, guys, alright!" Haru nodded happily and disappeared again.

"Yusuke." Hiei looked at the Detective as he got down from balancing on the top of the couch, "You returning to the temple? You know I am staying by Hisako."

"It was my plan." Yusuke nodded as he placed the phone on the coffee table. "I had a feeling you were going to stay here. Are you going to be okay with a bunch of rowdy people? Kuwbara and Noaki and his girl are here too."

"I have my own place." Kuwabara interjected.

"Noa-kun, I mentioned Cards to Yusuke the other day. We should talk to the girls for a game-night tomorrow or something!" Haru added.

"Oh fun. We could do that." Noaki agreed happily.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 5:21 am

"Okay, so Haru, the first stage of this is to find out what Kimi /doesn't/ like." Maya bounced as she started through the many racks after they left Kimi in the mirrored room in the back. "Just grab whatever, doesn't even matter if it's something you'd wear or not. Once we pick out something, we start going for what we don't have."

"Gotcha." Haru nodded firmly and after at least fifteen of just /finding/ all sorts of things, they went back with their arms full and almost tripping on themselves. Kimi was the tallest one of the four women at five foot six, but then they all went down the latter of an inch, Haru ft 5, Maya 5ft 4, and Hisako at 5ft 3. Shika was 5ft 7, the little shit, but she wasn't a part of their gaggle yet so she didn't count anyway.

When they got to Kimi and dumped the piles on the chairs, Kimi stared before taking a deep breath and filtered through.

"Too many sparkles..." The orange haired woman frowned at one, "And the neckline is too boxy and gross." Maya wordlessly put it in a new 'nope' pile. "I don't want to /be/ my tiered cake, thanks..." She sighed and looked horrified at the next one, "Lace isn't bad but that neckline is /way/ too low!"

Kuwabara was a pretty honorable, conservative guy. He had even blushed so hard Kimi thought he'd have a hemorrhage the first time he saw her in a swimsuit. He wasn't about to make her wear a kimono like Yukina, though when she wore one for New Years he'd looked at her in awe. So, she wanted a dress that didn't show off too much skin or too much cleavage. "Uck, I hate that strapless is all the rage right now, this is pretty, too..."

"Well, if you like that one for the /most/ part we'll use it as an example!" Maya beamed, unperturbed.

Kimi nodded, relieved, and Maya started a 'maybe' pile. "The halter-strap style on this one is alright...but I'm not sure what to think about the lacey-ish pattern down the front and the fabric is just too stiff." She let Maya take it with a wrinkled nose, "This one...I like the keyhole on it, just a tease. The lace is gorgeous." That went to the 'maybe' as well. Then Kimi even blused, "This one's pretty sheer don't you think, guys?"

Haru scratched her cheek, "Woops."

"You're a pervert, Haru!" Kimi laughed, "Such a busy-bee, Maya! You're enjoying this way more than you should!"

"Clothes! Pretty things! What kind of girl doesn't like being in a wedding shop?!" Maya defended.

"Well...the straps might snap of on this one and I don't like the sleeves for the other..." Kimi handed the two discards over. "Oh...the lace on this is lovely, the neckline isn't too raunchy...and look at the back! Flowers!" she cooed at another dress.

Maya gave Haru a grin.

~

It took two hours overall, but Kimi found the one for her and to celebrate they indulged in ice cream at the food court. Kimi had mint chip, Maya had cookie dough, and Haru was in heaven with her oreo. It was getting late, the mall was going to close in an hour, so everything was winding down around them. The black haired bodyguard looked at her brunette friend, "If Noaki were to finally propose to you, what season, what location, and what style of dress would you do?"

Maya blushed so red her cheeks glowed on her dark skin, "Winter...down in Kyoto so we could enjoy the hotsprings together." She murmured, voice small and shy, digging at her ice cream for a cookie dough chunk, "I'd wear a mermaid dress, though, even if it's more summer-y, because it'd remind me of that summer vacation we had last year."

"Aw, that was a fun time, wasn't it?" Kimi grinned at Maya, "Don't you get all sad on me. As fun as it would be to toss the bouquet at Hisako, I already plan on making sure you get it so Noaki gets the hint. I for one wouldn't give a crap if he stole the spotlight and proposed to you at my wedding."

"That would be so rude!" Maya gasped at her.

Kimi just shrugged, "Well, fine. I really hope it's soon, anyway! You are starting to get all mopey on me when we talk about it."

"I know! I'm sorry!" Maya stuck her bottom lip out in a pout, "I don't want to pressure him. He's so busy with school and training!"

"You two were high school sweethearts for crying out loud!" Haru was the one who waved her spoon around this time, "Got together in Junior High for prom and have been together ever since! That's like, six years! Kimi and Kuwa-kun have only been together for four!"

"He'll get to it when he's ready." Maya sniffed.

Kimi and Haru softened, patting her shoulder and her head, "We know he will." Haru assured.

"We just don't like seeing you so sad or jealous." Kimi smiled and the two shared a hug, "Let's finish our ice cream and get home."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 5:56 am

Everything was fine at first.

Noaki was staying to keep an eye on Hisako, and they had elected to play games until they passed out, which as far as Haru knew could be five o'clock in the morning if Hisako didn't pass out at three from exhaustion and being in a safe space void of blood and death and ash. Hiei had discovered the window seat and coffee in hand, he wouldn't sleep until Hisako did, if at all.

So, Haru went to sleep with a pretty clear head.

There should be no reason for the nightmares, damn it. She had a good day.

When Haru first started out as a fresh contract bodyguard at eighteen instead of going to college, she lost a few. It was bound to happen and she had known it, but it still plagued her. A few times, it hadn't even been the employer but the fellow bodyguards she was training under who got in the way to protect her when they didn't need to. That was before she got the hint to go at it alone and add that she had powers. The fact she was part demon was leaked later, but that was well into her career so it didn't matter. She had a reputation by then.

It was also how she got under Hisako's thumb in the assassination department as well. Those who contracted her sometimes were black marketers. She heard about Torukane, and the Black Black Club, but never took jobs for creeps like that. Still, black market was black market and why she let some of her employers die on purpose.

Tossing and turning, Haru first woke gasping but not sweaty with blood lingering in her vision. Nothing specific. Groaning, she flopped onto her stomach and buried her face in her pillow.

Next time she woke up she swore she was at the palace. She listened for Yusuke's snoring in the room beside her, a habit she'd gotten herself into even when they slept at Hisako's village until she could world jump. When she didn't hear anything, she sat up with a panicked jolt, only to realize...the air was different. Human World air was fresher. There wasn't the scent of dust, either. The bed was softer. Her glowing yellow eyes adjusted to the room and she recognized it as hers.

Falling back, the darkness of sleep took her again once the adrenaline wore off.

"Haru!" Yusuke jumped in the way of an attack. That wasn't how it was supposed to go. She was supposed to protect /him/! She was /his/ bodyguard and he needed to live! He was the King!

"Yusuke, no! No, no, I gotcha! Don't...don't...oh Kami..." They were clutching at each other on their knees and he had blood gushing from his mouth. He was covered in so much blood she didn't know what kind of injury he had or where it was so she could stop the bleeding.

All he did was grin at her and give her a thumbs up before the light left his eyes. Those amazing chocolate brown eyes that spoke of a hard life, that he had /seen/ things, but in spite of it all still had a gentle warmth and playful glint. He fell forward while she could only think that was the most horrifying thing she had ever seen. When she tried to catch his body he faded through her and all the blood that had been on him was now on her. Looking down at her crimson hands, they blurred in and out of sight...

Haru bolted upright with a scream of absolute horror and wailing heartbreak, clutching at the blanket. Sitting there panting, she shook hard and tears fell and sweat trailed but she didn't move for a good five minutes. Everything felt so wrong. Now when she thought of Yusuke, she got this jolt of panic through her chest. Getting up, she didn't know what to do. In a house with two demons and a human who was a light sleeper in case of an emergency call from work, all three were bound to have heard her just now, so she just didn't bother hiding it and made her way downstairs.

Sure enough, Hisako looked at her not surprised and Hiei had a narrowed eye look that was different from his pissed off one, this one was searching. Noaki was just staring at the TV screen, but he had his mouth set in a worried line like he did and not focused on his game at all. Hisako had the couch blanket over her and no controller, so she must have fallen asleep where she sat and Noa didn't have the heart to move her. Which...meant she woke her and that made her feel worse.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Noaki paused the game and set the controller down on the coffee table. He turned to face Haru and Hisako slowly sat herself up, pushing the blanket off of her and rearranging it so that if Haru deicded to come and sit down next to her, she could offer some. They both didn't seem to be too upset that she had woken them up. "I was wondering if tonight was gonna be a bad one. It's usually you or Hisako that have the welcome-home nightmares." Noaki said, his voice light, but the concern heavy.

"What was the dream this time? Yusuke?" Hisako asked curiously as she watched her friend.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 5:25 pm

There was a pained noise that came from Haru's throat which obviously meant that it had been. Yet, right now he didn't believe Noaki and himself should be there. "Noaki. The second room is the guest room, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 6:24 pm

"Yea, let me show you." Noaki got up and patted Haru's shoulder as he walked off to show Hiei where the guest room was knowing too well that it was a way for the guys to hang out while they waited for the girls' to settle.

Hisako waited for Haru to come over to her and she wrapped her friend in a blanket, and in a hug. "Do you know what a bond is?" She asked after a moment of silence, letting Haru cry quietly against her. "It's...so rare, humans made up stories. Of people who were split apart by the gods, forced forever to find their other half. It's rare in the demon world to. But both humans and demons know how to find their bonds. Sometimes, it's with a touch. A spark that ignites and makes you feel warm, or maybe it shocks you into a realization. Sometimes, it's with a kiss that makes the world spin out of orbit and when you crash back down to Earth you wonder how you got there. No matter what it is, it has the same effect. Your soul has met it's match, and doesn't want to part away from it again. Never again."

Haru hugged Hisako tightly and sniffed and hiccuped a bit. She didn't cry often, and all of their friends knew it. It took a lot to press the right buttons and get the water works going. She hadn't even shed a tear at seeing those she had called friend on the Traitor Tree. "At the...at the party...when Yusuke helped me up after I fell, I felt warmth through my arm. You know it takes quite a bit for me to forget myself if I drink, too. Kuronue mentioned something along those lines."

"Yusuke's supposed to make you feel safe. He's your bondmate. I'm sure he's awake right now, trying to figure out how to go to sleep without you nearby. Separate rooms are different since you guys were in the same general area and you knew you'd see each other again, but the temple's pretty far from here." Hisako said soothingly. "That's why Hiei decided to stay here at the home. I feel safer here than at the temple. I missed Noa-chan and Kuwa-kun, so I decided to stay where they can reach me, in case they needed me. But, you're not comfortable here. So...perhaps you should try the temple."

"But I...this is my home?" Haru didn't understand, sniffing and wiping her face, "I haven't slept in my own bed in a month..." She squeezed her eyes shut as a flash of her nightmare came back, "He...took an attack for me...I'm supposed to protect him..."

"It is your home." Hisako said softly, "But home isn't a place. It's who you're with and right now, at this moment, we're not home to you. We're safe, we're sheltered, but it isn't a home."

Haru hiccuped and nodded, "I'm sorry...for waking you, Hisako." She leaned further into her, "I got two duffle bags all set up...I'm gunna have to go by foot. It'll be faster than waiting for transport. I can be there within two hours...fuck, what time /is/ it?" She looked at the TV and groaned. So it /was/ only three. So she'd be there by five. "I didn't sleep much at all..."

"I bet you and Yusuke will have a day of sleeping in and we can catch you guys tomorrow night." Hisako assured, standing up carefully. "I was going to wake up anyway. Sleeping on the couch isn't my favorite thing. Are you alright with Hiei and myself being here? Do you need me with you?"

"No...no, it's alright. You just said you're comfortable here. The quiet is helping you. It's just...too quiet or me. Yusuke is loud, even in his sleep." Haru smiled up at her and gave her one more hug, "You can sleep in my bed." With that she stood up and sniffed again, before waving to her and going upstairs to change and grab her bags. Hell, might as well make a third and put that in her backpack. If she got accused of packing her whole house, that was fine. After tonight, Yusuke's palace was looking more and more like it was going to be a permanent residence. Might as well start now.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 12, 2017 8:08 pm

"Ever since you got back from Haru's so she could go shopping with Kimi-chan and her friend Maya, you've been keeping your back to the wall." Kurama sat down beside Yusuke as he sat on the front porch, watching the treeline as the sky lightened. "Or the back of the couch. I'm not too sure even you realize it. This used to be your safe space."

Yusuke blinked a little and he made a soft sound. "Getting paranoid huh?" He looked at his friend curiously. "It's still safe. I guess I'm just worried about Haru. I shouldn't be. Noaki and Hisako are with her...and Hiei's a fast fucker."

"Yet even as she is hired to watch your back, you keep an eye on her. If you want something done right, do it yourself, isn't that right?" Kurama smiled at him, "Shika and I have an early day planned, which is why I'm even awake at this hour. Excitement and nerves." He hummed and looked at the sky as the stars continued to fade.

"You're not wrong. I don't like the idea of being "protected" even if Hisako gave me too many good points for me to be comfortable." Yusuke laughed a little. "What kind of excitement are you going to get yourselves up to?"

"Funny, protecting the protector." Kurama smiled at him in amusement, "I'm going to take her around the city. A doughnut shop I'd go to when I worked for my Step-Father. Shop for some clothing at the mall while it's still quiet, then as the rush hits I'll take her to a good diner for lunch. Take her to the cinema so she can see the silver screen for the first time, and then dinner at a low-key but still nice restaurant. Snakes throughout the day. Get her ice-cream while at the mall, too, since ice-cream parlors are still closed for winter." He shrugged a little, "Quiet but busy. I'll let Hisako take care of her for the busy things."

"Yeah you'd stand out and you already look way to feminine." Yusuke had to smile a little and he nodded his head, "Sounds like you have quite the date set up. Is this a bond thing or is this a you thing or is a both thing?"

"I'm going to say it's a 'me' thing." Kurama nodded after a moment of thought, "This is the world we grew up in. I had a second chance to make things right here. I want to show it to her, and things that seem so mundane I'll get to see in a new light because of her. Making her happy is more than just a bond thing." He looked at Yusuke, "Perhaps...if you don't trust anyone but yourself to watch after Haru, why don't you go to her? If you're feeling this way, then what do you think she is going through, when she feels the same? She's been attached to your hip for over a week, after all."

"It's almost five, right?" Yusuke asked, looking over his shoulder towards the main part of the building. There was no clock in sight, but it was just a reflex. He turned his attention back to Kurama. "Do you think I should? Haru might think I lost my head for all we know. I'd rather not have her think I need to go to the nut house just yet."

"You have been a nut case the whole time I've known you." Kurama arched a high brow at him, "From entering that clearing, to risking your own life to save mine when you barely knew me, to creating the Makai Tournament with names etched on Hirui stones. Honestly, Hisako and Hiei are there as well. What are you really worried about?"

"Kurama, it's five am. Do you want me to be reasonable?" Yusuke asked, laughing a little. "I don't even know my own head when I'm up this late. I don't think I even went to sleep yet. If I did, it was probably one of those thirty seconds are actually thirty minute naps that don't feel like it." He sighed. "You have a point though. I'm overthinking things, or underthinking things. I don't think I'll bother with a bag."

Kurama gave him a pat on the back, "That's why I'm speaking for you. I don't think it would've mattered if it was two am. If you need her, you need her, Yusuke. Sometimes, it is that simple."

"Remind me that you deserve a raise when we get back." Yusuke chuckled. "For dragging me out of my own dumb thoughts. No sleep. Okay, I'm heading over then."

Kurama nodded and stood up, "I'll leave you to it, then, and go get ready myself for my day out. I'll let Yukina know not to make your breakfast when she gets up at six." He bowed his head in goodbye and went inside, leaving Yusuke alone.

Yusuke was just out of the gate and was about to go down the stairs when he saw Haru, decked with a duffle bag in both hands and a backpack that almost was as big as she was. She was panting a bit, knuckles white on the handles, but she blinked at him in surprise, "Were you leaving?"

"I was about to head over to your place." Yusuke said as he walked down to her. He picked up one of the bags to help her out. "What's with all the bags? Did Hisako kick you out of your own house?"

Haru laughed, even if it was breathless, "Basically kicked myself out. These bags are for the palace when we go back." With a hand now free, she gave him a weak punch in the arm, "You're an asshole."

"What for? I didn't do anything yet." Yusuke didn't even wince at the punch, but lot of tension he had been holding in his shoulders released.

"It was too quiet." Haru smiled tiredly, "No one snores. I woke up at one point, and before I registered I wasn't at the palace, I listened for you and you weren't making a racket."

"I'm glad you find my snoring attractive?" Yusuke raised an eyebrow and teasingly pushed her back. "I understand the need for white noise. Let's go inside. We can just crash in my room. Yukina can grab you a spare room later if you want it. I do move around a lot, just saying now."

Nodding, even as her stomach flipped, Haru noticed his getup while they walked, "You didn't even try to sleep yet, did you? You're going to crash."

"That's the plan." Yusuke agreed. "I couldn't sleep. My head wouldn't shut up and wouldn't stop making me think. I didn't like that you were away."

His honesty startled her, and she chewed her lip as she took her shoes off inside the main hall, "No...I didn't, either." Her breath hitched as she pictured her nightmare and shook her head to be rid of it. He was alright. Looking up at him, his eyes were as expressive as always. It calmed her and she followed him down the hall, her backpack and second duffle bag making pretty loud thumps on the wooden floor, "Whoops. Sorry." She whispered, before she threw her jacket off and peeled away her socks, "Too tired to change. You?"

Just as she asked that, there was a soft thump and a loud snore. Yusuke was already on his back, a little spread out but clearly had a thought to let her have some room in his bed. He was out like a light.

"Not even thirty seconds..." Haru muttered in amusement. He was on top of the blankets, so she tugged them up and over her as she climbed in. He had a nice sized bed, plenty of room for both of them even if he probably covered the whole thing when it was just him. Still, she wasn't so quick to settle. She watched him, eyes drooping. His snoring was much louder, both being so close instead of a wall between them, and also he was dog tired. It made her smile, and she snuggled down a bit further when she jumped and stiffened. Yusuke had rolled onto his side and slung an arm over her middle, pulling her close with one smooth, strong tug. She let out a soft squeak, but the sheets had been fresh with no scent attached. With his warm chest in front of her, nose forcibly buried in his shirt, she was shocked at herself for how quickly she relaxed.

Her last thought was how nice he smelled and she had a smile for the tickle when his nose brushed her hair.

()
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Shika dipped her spoon carefully into the ice cream and scooped a small bit of it out. Kurama told her that vanilla or chocolate was the better beginners choice, so she went with chocolate. He was watching her expectantly. She took a bite and her eyes widen. "It's so weird." She covered her hand with her mouth as she let the taste sit on her tongue. "I can taste the milk and the chocolate. But it's...iced?" She sounded confused and she took another bite, a little bigger this time to get a better idea. "Chocolate's stronger than the milk..but it melts really fast in your mouth and it's not...overly sweet either. It's...it's really nice. I like this. There's other flavors I saw in the freezer, but I'm a little concerned about putting meat inside of ice cream. That...bacon thing."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Kurama laughed softly, a hand covering his mouth, "Some people like to cook bacon and put it in the freezer, then eat it slowly like frozen candy. I understand what you mean, though. Stick with the less complicated ones for now. Since vanilla is the most common, I got strawberry for you to try, and it even has strawberry pieces in it." He smiled and scooped some for her, "You could even mix it if you wanted to with your chocolate."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 7:16 pm

"I don't think strawberries and chocolate are going to go together but why not." Shika said as she gave him her cup to put it in with the chocolate. She scooped that along with some of the chocolate and stuck it in her mouth. "Oh wow. Strawberry's really sweet. That's..pure sugar I'm eating. Wow. The chocolate softens it, but I didn't cover the strawberry completely so..wow. That was interesting. I like the strawberry though. I bet the strawberry would taste better with the vanilla since vanilla sounds like it'd be more creamy or milky."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 7:28 pm

"It is. It's almost like a medium, and goes with a lot of things. When you have your day with the girls or Hisako's and Haru's friends, make sure to ask i you can all get some ice cream and all get different things. That'd be your perfect chance." Kurama took a bite of his own, watching her with a soft gaze, "You're going to have plenty of stories to tell Rei when you go back. Now that the drama with Hisako's village is over, you could do that."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 7:35 pm

"I probably should return back to the Town," Shika agreed softly, letting her spoon dip into her cup and stirred it around a little. "I should probably also tell Rei that he should be prepared to just...take over the Town soon too. I should also establish that there's a connection with our town Hisako's guild as well...maybe we could explore some possibilities as that. Hisako's undoubtedly going to be at the palace a lot more now that Hiei and her are courting...bonded."

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 9:20 pm

"That wasn't a surprise to me. With how he gravitated to her even before they touched." Kurama nodded, "I did almost tell Yusuke 'sometimes you just need your bondmate' but decided against it. I'm not entirely sure if he has come to that conclusion yet. I'm certain Hisako said something about it at least to Haru. She brought a lot of bags."

"I'm wondering if Hiei's going to ask Yusuke if he can leave the palace, or if Hisako's going to leave her home to stay in the Palace for as long as he reigns." Shika mused, "Considering that one of Hisako's polices is that she needs to be available to Yusuke, and that she'll only assassinate for Yusuke. Which means, if Yusuke never uses her, she doesn't get used at all. I'm a little concerned about how that's going to bode for Haru as well...because if they are bonded, and Yusuke mates with Haru...then Haru can't be a bodyguard anymore. It just won't make sense to be a Queen and a Guard. It's dangerous especially if Haru gets pregnant, so I'm thinking Hisako /might/ change from assassin to Haru's bodyguard...which if that's the case, no wonder a civil war broke."

"Considering she /just/ became his bodyguard as well..." Kurama sucked on his spoon a bit in thought, "It's been quite a long time since Yusuke's been with anyone. Hokushin offered women at one point. That was awkward, but he only wishes for the best. Even if they don't mate and just have casual encounters, it's still compromising..." he stuck his spoon back in his cup, "The least he could do is court her beforehand."

Shika took a bite of her food. "Who do you think will mate first. Hisako and Hiei or Haru and Yusuke? I'm thinking Hisako and Hiei, since Hiei's a speed demon and I don't think patience is in his vocabulary."

"It all depends on the couple, of course, but Hiei lacks a drive because he is more of a fighter. I have control. Yusuke is certainly more inclined. The tension itself would be stifling. So I'm torn between hoping they do and hoping they wait so Haru can be his bodyguard a little longer." Kurama sighed, "If Hiei and Hisako were to first, it would be because of an adrenaline rush from a battle and he sees her capabilities. For all of us, Shelter is already off the checklist. Hiei and Yusuke still need to cook or at least catch something /to/ be cooked for their mates. Hiei's not so bad at using a spit over a firepit, even if it is a little charred on the outside that's easy to peal off. Yusuke catches fish for Yukina to cook, so he has that in his arsenal. After food and providing, the strength is really the only thing left."

"I think Hiei's already did the providing. He didn't do it with food, but...he gave Hisako a first aid kit. I saw him strap it to Kei when he thought he was being sneaky. But hey if he wants to...attempt to impress Hisako with a roast...more power? I can't remember what you did to show me provide. Didn't I do that? By mistake? And you..laughed at me because you were like "you're doing this out of order"?"

Kurama snorted and covered his mouth to stifle his laughter as Youko readily provided that memory. "It's not often I get a guffaw out of my other side, but we do remember that. You had caught a fat rabbit, which was my favorite, and it was rich with flavor. Even if Kuronue was there, since the three of us were out away from the village, there was only enough for you and me. We tended to be a rather unorthodox couple. Kuronue certainly got a kick out of it but didn't mind he had to cook his own food that night."

Shika shook her head, laughing a little. "You did do the shelter though, which was yours to begin with. I think we did strength at the same time and we didn't know what the fuck we were supposed to do with that. I know I was confused because I was trying to impress you and you were trying to impress me...and I think we even agreed "no this isn't working, I know you too well for tricks" it was like "Meh we just won't." So...I think we only did shelter and food. Strength was just like...eh. You knew I could handle my own, why else would you let me in the village? You were a leader so why would I force you to prove something you...just did."

"We did other thing to replace it...you proved yourself capable of watching my back, and even Kuronue's. Watching my batty friend meant the most to me. Sometimes, you have to amend the rules to suit lifestyle, and sometimes you do it by accident." Kurama nodded and stood up, ready to move on in their day, "In the end...everything came together and it was natural. I want that this time around, too. Today is my provide." He smiled and held his hand to her, "Then it will be your move."

Shika happily took his hand and followed him to wherever they were going to be next. "I don't even know what I'm going to do, but...I'll figure something out. I always do. So, where to next?"

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 10:22 pm

Kurama was surprised they didn't get kicked out of the movie theatre with how Shika kept gasping and covering her mouth to keep from shrieking. She understood you were supposed to be quiet, but she was so enamored with the movie. She was asking him a lot of technical questions, if things were and were not real and how they did such a thing. From the explosions to the fake blood to how actors could kiss people they didn't love and make it look authentic and not just like they were going to get together for a one-night stand.

"Maybe an action movie wasn't the best option, but you liked the title and movie poster so it's technically your fault...I knew I should've insisted on romance..." Kurama was murmuring to himself as Shika kept talking.

"You can't say that. It wouldn't have been interesting." Shika admonished when she heard him mutter. Demon hearing was good for something, especially in the human world. "I can't believe Hisa-chan never told me about them. I wonder if she's ever seen one, because that was right up her alley. The make up? You sure that was make up? That was really good. So good, I thought the blood was real on occasion or so. I know that we have theaters in the demon world -not quite like this- but they always fake things. You can /tell/ when it's fake and why couples have to be mated/bonded for a romance scene. I mean, you could accidentally start something if they weren't, but here it's very lax and I like that. It has to be hard on the actors though. I wonder what they think a "horror" is. I don't think our scary is going to be equal to their scary though, but the CGI -that's what it's called right?- would be fantastic to see."

"You sure?" Kurama smiled down at her, "There's more and more CGI being used in movies these days, but yes they still use fake blood and makeup. Demon theatre must have become more refined since last I've seen one. I know thanks to Yomi's technology, that's where Yusuke got his lighting and such in his rock palace or we'd be going through a million candles and we wouldn't have cold food except for what is in the cellar."

"The demon technology has been expanding to other parts that's true," Shika placed a finger to her chin. "If Yomi was an ally, we could tell him about the human world technology and what it does, and see what he couldn't do with it. He's always been a smart cookie. Fucking rash as hell, but smart. However..." her eyes glanced at Kurama. "He did nearly get us killed."

"He's recently returned from his pilgrimage with his son. He's changed for the better." Kurama promised, "Yusuke has that way with people. He would be a lot easier to agree for a treaty than Mukuro would be. Yomi was the one Yusuke went to with the Hirui stones to begin the first Makai Tournament, after all. It was inspiring."

"Fair enough. I'm a little concerned about how Mukuro's going to react when Hiei tells her he's leaving. He's bound to do that sooner, rather than later." Shika mused, "Though I have to wonder, what exactly is the agreement between Yusuke and Mukuro to begin with?"

"In short, Military Power." Kurama explained to her, brow furrowed, "Mukuro fought against Hiei in the first Tournament. She knows how strong he is. Knows he's gotten stronger still. Which is why she kept him as her second in command long after the rules that all those who lost had to work for her for a time to collect humans who stumble into our world by accident."

Shika clicked her tongue, "Second in command in everything. No /wonder/ Hisako went after him in a hurry. He would be in high demand for the women. Yusuke is just the cream of the crop, but Hiei wouldn't be bad for second place. I think you and I should tread lightly for now." She mused. "As much as you are the adviser and I...am something of a title, we're going to be biased towards Yomi. Hiei might be biased towards Mukuro or Yusuke himself. Hisako has more of a standing here, since she researches these things for fun. I know the Assassins used to be spies. I'm tempted to ask Hisako a favor and see if she'll spy on the two kingdoms /for/ us, or at the very least get an idea of whose a stronger person to align with. Yusuke might just do the impossible and go with both though. He seems to be the kind of guy that takes politics so lightly, he'll give Hisako a heart attack."

"I keep finding the most current magazine he's up to in the desk drawer..." Kurama agreed rubbing his forehead, "I try and reduce the amount of work for him as much as I can, I know how much he hates paperwork. It's a wonder how we've kept things going for three years. Having you be with me as the second diplomat would help me greatly."

"Hisako will probably decide to do more than just be an assassin herself. I know she liked the library that Yusuke has so she might do more with it." Shika sighed, "I hate saying this, but the more smart people Yusuke can get into his castle, the better for us all. I'm sorry, I keep doing this. We always talk about such serious things and it's supposed to be fun." She looked at Kurama sheepishly. "Your workaholic tendencies are becoming mine now."

"Well...you're going to be my mate sooner or later, and I think I rubbed off on you a long time ago." Kurama leaned down and nosed her hair. They'd reached his car, but he didn't quite want to let her go yet so she could get in the passenger side. "While I'm not ready to throw the Love word around, through the course of this passed week, having you help me and be my sounding board, I've come to care for you quite a lot already."

Shika reached up and gently cupped his cheek with her hand. "Demons don't usually like the word love." She murmured. "But I suppose since we're human, it'd be nice to hear you say it one day. Not today, and not tomorrow, but someday. You already know how much I care for you."

"You don't have to refer to yourself as human for my sake. I hope you understand that. Just because you're adapting to the way I live doesn't mean you have to give up who you are." Kurama returned the gesture and stroked his thumb across her cheekbone.

"My fault," Shika laughed softly, "I know way to well I can't pull off being human and you'd prefer me as a demon." She smiled a little and she stood on her toes just for a bit to press a kiss to his cheek and pull away. She was just as tall as he was so she didn't have to deal with too much of a height difference.

"What do you call that? With all this face caressing I was expecting something a bit more like this..." Kurama sassed her a bit before he tilted and dipped his head to slot his mouth against hers in a more proper kiss.

Shika closed her eyes and brought her arms around his neck to hold him closer as they kissed. It didn't feel new and exciting, but it felt like coming home. Felt her heart swell. He kissed like he used to, but with a softer edge but more promise.

For Kurama, it had been such a long time that it was a bit of a new experience for him. She was firm and gave as good as she got. It was pleasing, and he didn't want to go into a full make-out session in the middle of the parking lot, but he was certainly keen on kissing her a lot more from now on.

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 8:33 pm

As much as they tried, Maya and Noaki weren't able to get Hiei to talk much to them. Maya's food had been good, a simple casserole, and he had been surprised because he wasn't used to anyone but his own sister being mindful of whether or not he would like whatever meal was made. Maya and Noaki had left the house to them since Noaki was sure that Hisako wouldn't keel over and die, going back to an apartment they shared.

Hiei was on an upper floor balcony when he heard Hisako and turned to her, "One reason among many why I wouldn't live in a Nigenkai city is I cannot see the stars here."

Hisako took that as permission to walk in further and she leaned against the railing looking up. There was not a star in the sky. The light pollution hid them well. She hummed softly, "They are gorgeous when you can look at them." She agreed after a moment. "Thousands...a new moon was always a favorite. Lack of light sure, but..." she reached a hand up, like she could trace a constellation but brought it down. "You could certainly map out where you wanted to be next."

"The Temple is good for it. The one park I would lurk in when I was on Probation was big enough that if I was in the middle of it I could see some stars." Hiei shrugged, "Will you be good to go back there tomorrow? Akira and Isamu were disappointed I had to leave again. Haru isn't here, either, and your Noaki has work."

Hisako gave him a surprised look and she hummed, looking away. She opened her mouth, closed it and laughed at herself. She turned around, leaned backwards her elbows resting against the railing and her hair fell downwards while her head looked up towards the starless night sky. She observed it for a moment, and she spoke quietly. "We haven't talked about it haven't we? Us being bonded. I was going to wait till you brought it up. I'm curious now. They're your niece and nephew right? Your sister lives in the Temple. Demons don't put a lot of thought or feeling about meeting family. It's rare to see one intact." She looked at him. "How do you want me to be introduced? As myself? As yours?"

Hisako gave him a surprised look and she hummed, looking away. She opened her mouth, closed it and laughed at herself. She turned around, leaned backwards her elbows resting against the railing and her fell downwards while her head looked up towards the starless night sky. She looked at it for a moment, and when she spoke, she said quietly. "We haven't talked about it haven't we? Us being bonded. I was going to wait till you brought it up. But I'm curious now. They're your niece and nephew right? Your sister lives in the temple. Demons don't put a lot of thought or feeling about meeting family. It's rare to see one intact." She looked at him. "How do you want me to be introduced? As myself? As yours?"

"As yourself. Yukina and Touya are bonded, she will understand when we say nothing's been solidified yet and we're still testing the waters." Hiei explained. "Just because it is inevitable, doesn't mean we have to go back on our original agreement."

Hisako closed her eyes, a smile still playing at her lips. "You know, I'm curious." She looked at him, her hair catching the streetlight, but her smile teasing and soothing. "I could have not been the first person to have went up to you to try to start a courting ritual."

Hiei scoffed a bit. "I won't lie to you. Mukuro tried." He shook his head. "I wasn't interested in her. All of her courting checked out, of course. Strength, providing, shelter, so on and so forth. Yet I could've cared less. She wasn't bitter about it, but she certainly never tried to hide it."

"Most would be happy with all of the list checked." Hisako blinked, leaning up a little to look at him properly. "And considering that she's a leader of her own...more established. That's almost like hitting the jackpot."

"Yet the highest position I settled at was her second in command." Hiei faced her as well, and then reached into his shirt and pulled out the Hirui stone he kept hidden and looked at her. "Ice Maidens cry only one gem when they give birth and give that stone to their daughter. They only give birth once every hundred years. My mother cried two. This is mine. Yukina carries one as well. Her twins have their own."

"Alannah's promise." Hisako looked, but dare not touch. "I heard about them before. About the glacier in the sky. I heard a story that a trader who was a fire-starter managed to get permission to trade...but then he was never allowed again."

"There is still a ship that goes there twice a year. I used it to visit the glacier to find out more about my past. It is heavily monitored and only stays a week." Hiei put the gem back under his shirt. "Mukuro found this. Thought it would win my favor. It had been cut from my neck in a scuffle with a demon, getting lost down a cliff in the forest below. I searched every tree and rock in that area when I killed the demon, couldn't spot it. Yet, I could tell this is mine. The energy attached to it and the color is unique. Less like a pearl and more like a marble."

Hisako sighed, leaning back and shaking her head from side to side. "Gifts are nice, sure. But trying to gain favors isn't the way to go." She hummed thoughtfully and she let a smile spread across her face. "But I like that story. That you found your mother's necklace. That you keep it with you. I'm quite glad really. It makes me feel not so weird for keeping my mom's fan."

An actual smile tugged at Hiei's lips instead of a smirk, "So I'm not the only one, am I?"

Hisako laughed lightly, "Oh no. I'm just as sentimental." She promised. "My mother's fan is actually a weapon. The way she used to like killing people was to disguise herself as an entertainer. She knew how to play a bunch of instruments, play songs by ear, sing and dance. Dancing was a must since she used a fan of course. I remember being dazzled by her. My father would tell me he felt the same, that he would fall in love with her all over again just by watching her dance. It's one of my favorite memories. So, I keep up with the training. Of knowing how to dance, of knowing the songs. I have my music talent from her."

Then that must mean your scholarly love is from your father. I expect the library Kurama fell in love with was a place your father treasured as well?" Hiei arched a brow.

"He would add things to that library like I do." Hisako agreed lightly, "His way of killing people is the same as Hina's. Poison. Only he did his more...girly. He'd put it in drinks, in food, but he'd never stab them out right. He was the one everyone went to for problem-solving. He was rumored to be the guy that always had an answer. For everything. He consulted kings, queens, he lectured thieves and merchants. He was an excellent manipulator. If he had stayed? He probably would be leader right now and not me. He probably would've killed off Jiro a while ago as well."

"Have you tried to find him?" Hiei couldn't help the question.

"I've thought about it. I know a few places where he could be. The underground is one of them, though I hope that's not the case. But anywhere with peace. He wanted that the most. He hated what the village has become and now that I'm in position I wonder if he'll come back. He has no way of knowing unless he's connected with someone in the village without my knowledge. It's possible." Hisako shrugged, "I wonder. What would I say to him when I see him? Have you ever thought about finding the man your mom loved? What would you say to him?"

"There would be no need to ask the whys a lot of human children pose to their own parents." Hiei shook his head, "I know why. I don't view it as abandonment. He had no choice. Possible he did not even know about my sister and I. My mother's friend was forced to throw me from the glacier in the first place." He let a breath out through his nose, "I would possibly discuss his life. No need to create guilt and discourse when it's not necessary."

"I think that's a good way of thinking." Hisako mused. "I certainly would like to know if there was a place I never heard of. So speaking of parents, is it too soon to ask what kind you want to be?"

"Yes." Hiei told her honestly, but there was no sharpness to his tone. "I think it's time to talk about something else. You mentioned the Underground. There are plenty of demons hate the fact Yusuke's leader, but since he's become King there's been no outbreaks or rebellions and that makes me paranoid. Unless there is a revolt in the Underground we do not know of. That, unfortunately, is the downside to having your face well-known. You can't go places you used to before."

"I know that Yusuke has his enemies." Hisako said, not at all offended or hurt that the question wasn't answered. She frowned, placing her hand on her chin. "I understand the paranoia. I know that he's not friends with the underground. In fact, I know there's many that will want him dead. Or just want him off the throne. They don't like that they were so easy to pick off. Without a crime committed, you can't really go after them. I mean, there's a reason why it's called the "Underground" for a reason. Some kings disguise themselves to enjoy themselves there after all. It's where Royalty and peasant have the same equal footing almost. Yusuke's never been in there, right?"

"That's correct, and he wouldn't be able to , either, because even if he /were/ to properly control and disguise his energy, you can smell hanyou on him. There would be no going there for fun, and no equal footing." Hiei pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Let's keep it that way. They never liked hanyous." Hisako sighed softly. "They're not exactly pleased about that either. But they're mostly just upset that they "never got a shot". Let's...I hate saying this since I know that it's dangerous....but all we can do is wait till they make a move first. Then, we can make a move back. We could end it all pretty easily the moment the fraction shows itself."

"There will always be opposition. Perhaps once we're attacked we could begin with those treaties and alliances." Hiei nodded. "Haru will have her chance to show her powers as well. I'm interested in that. She hides her power and doesn't have a single weapon on her, but she's confident she can protect him."

"She has every right to be cocky." Hisako hummed, "Once you're attacked, I'll probably finally have a job to do. I'm sure the kids would like me being active. Give them a reason to wear the uniform a little more proudly."

"Yes, that as well." Hiei agreed, "Let's get you inside. You're not quite healed yet to be standing out all night talking."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 11:16 pm

Midnight came and went and Haru already knew even as she laid in a guest room she wouldn't be able to sleep. Kurama and Shika's lovey-dovey attitude made her feel a bit jealous. Kurama was more than happy to see here there, too. It was odd, feeling as if there was some secret conversation going on between him and Shika. It was even a bit frustrating because she knew what it was about. Yusuke either chose to ignore it or didn't know.

She tried to sleep. She really did. Yet when she closed her eyes blood filled her vision and brown eyes turning dim plagued her. One o'clock came and went and she resigned to the reality of the situation; what Hisako had said was true. she got herself up and put on a pair of sleep pants since she went to bed in just her tank top and underwear. Then she made her way down the hall to Yusuke's room and knocked, being courteous, until he called out to her and she peeked in, "You awake, too?"

Yusuke sat up. He didn't look like he had been asleep. His hair wasn't in it's usual slicked back nature, and his sleepwear only looked like it was just put on. He raised an eyebrow. "Yeah. I am." He frowned, "I guess we both suck at this whole sleeping thing. You look frustrated, and I don't think it's that sleep's being a bitch."

She didn't think she'd seen him with his hair down. He must take like a five minute shower to wash out whatever he used before bed. It was pretty adorable how it fell over his forehead and he looked more boyish and playful, and she smiled. Shaking her head, she just shrugged, "I have been having nightmares...or rather, night terrors. Considering I woke up the other night screaming and then Hisako basically shoved me out the door." Walking over to the bed, she crawled up on the end of it and crossed her legs, facing him, "Your mind not shutting up for you?" she asked, remembering what he'd said before.

"Yeah basically. Come here." Yusuke patted on the bed and scooted over so that Haru could move and sit next to him instead. "What was your nightmares about?" He asked, a little concerned. "Do you get them often?"

"I did a lot, at first. Never liked horror movies, that sort of thing. Then instead of collage I went into being a bodyguard. Crap happened, those who were training me died trying to protect me because I kept my powers secret to begin with." Haru explained, settling against the pillows. "Then I started using them because I didn't want more to follow, and it was a sort of...damned if I did, damned if I didn't moment. Changed hands, went to the darker side of being a bodyguard where more demons and harder murder nutcases were involved. I've done a fair share of travelling. I don't get the enjoyment out of it my parents do. Hisako's a bit jealous."

Yusuke knew better than to push. Her nightmares were probably terrifying and she didn't want the burden on him. There were times where Kurama woke up from one and there were times Hiei woke up from one. But their mouths were tighter than steel when pressed about why they suddenly woke up. "Nightmare" and "night terror" was the only thing Kurama would say. Hiei would scoff and say something snide. "Yeah. That would give anyone nightmares." He said after a moment. "Why on earth did you decide to be a bodyguard though? Is it because of your parents?"

"My mother never told my father, but she kept eating humans. Homeless and bad people, though, people no one would talk about. I don't control shadows, but I do like to lurk in them. It's a comfortable space. I see things others don't and I also don't /get/ seen a lot of the time." Haru explained first, "I started...protecting people. Not quite vigilante, but I'd go out with my mom when I was old enough. Learned to hunt and fight by her. I never ate a human, just so you know. Anyway, I took daytime martial arts lessons so not to confuse my father and grandmother when I came home bruised. I'd see the fights bullies would start to pick on weaker folk and instead of the kid getting detention for fighting back, I'd fight for them."

"Jeez. At least my mom drank." Yusuke winced, but he understood. At least it was people that'd never be missed, but even someone would miss them. "I'm guessing this story doesn't exactly have a happy ending. Did she get caught or something? Are they still around?"

"Oh, they are. They come back like twice a year, give or take. Once ever six months, I'd say." Haru shrugged, "My only life tragety was when I lost my grandmother. She was my only tie to the human world. Now I come back to keep the house going for Maya and Noaki. I might...gift it to them. So they don't have to live in an apartment anymore. It'd be a permanent place they don't have to worry about. I mean, that's how it works for me, at least. I'm waiting until they're freaking married first. Their wedding day, that'll be my gift to them I swear."

Yusuke was a little taken aback at the "I swear" part. "Whoa. You don't have to do that for my benefit. Unless you were swearing to yourself, you don't have to promise me anything." He looked at her with a concerned look. "I'm not trying to hold you hostage."

"Wait...what?" Haru blinked at him, not quite comprehending. "What are you..." it clicked like a smack to the face, "You think I'm going to do it because I'm your bodyguard?"

"Uh, that's kinda what it sounded like." Yusuke pointed out to her. "Which I hope you wouldn't and that you're actually doing it because you want to. Look, I also know we're bonded." He watched her blink. "Yeah, hang around with Kurama a lot you learn how his "subtle" is actually very loud advice."

"I never thought you were holding me hostage. I was just being ornery since Noaki's taking forever to even propose to the woman." Haru covered her mouth to stifle a giggle, "You don't have me under any contract, you're just paying me. Honestly, putting the house in their name once their married would mean I have no worries, no ties. I can focus on my work, on you. If I don't want to come back once a month and go hang in Hisako's village for my break I could do that. Yet, if I do come back, the house will still be there because Noaki and Maya would never shut me or Hisako out."

"Good cuz it'd suck if you suddenly thought I had the energy to be a dictator." Yusuke fell backwards onto the bed. "But it's a good move. Since you're usually in the demon world anyway, that poor house would just fall apart. Hisako might just decide to be stubborn though. After the home's gone, she might just visit the temple. Hiei has his little hidey-hole in the water fall to paint, but home isn't something he's used to. I've been kind of wondering what he's going to do. He's a stubborn bastard, thinking "Mystery" is the way to get people to like him. Though I am glad he talks directly."

"Hiei will do what Hiei does." Haru hummed and shifted so she laid sideways, watching him. "I've seen some pretty bad shit. You have, too, but one of the more horrifying things that's stuck with me is watching the light fade from someone's eyes. The hallow, lifeless color staring back at you. It's satisfying when your enemy dies, but when it's someone you hold in high regard..."

Yusuke sighed, closing his eyes. "Yeah." She didn't need to say anymore. He seen it too. Too many times. "I know."

"You asked me what my night terror was about. I wanted you to have a bit more context." Haru shrugged and she reached out, stroking the bridge of his nose and smiled a bit when the muscles of his face twitched, "That's one dream I don't want to ever be a reality."

Yusuke opened his eyes and looked at her. Her eyes were sad, but her smile was soft. He sighed as he sat up. "I can't promise it won't happen. Just like you can't promise me." He said after a moment. "What I will say is that I only died twice. I'm pretty sure somewhere in my ancestry I have a cat for a relative, so until I die seven more times, I don't think you have to worry to much. I trust you to hold your own. You survived Hisako. If you can survive her, you could probably survive anything. I survived a lot worse, too."

"Yeah. We can at least try /not/ to test that theory. Your luck is sure to only go so far." Haru pointed out, "All of us can protect ourselves, but we can also protect each other. It's not just my job now, Yusuke." She sat up as well, placing her hand on his shoulder and leaning closer, testing the waters and seeing how it felt. It made her nervous, butterflies erupted in her stomach, and a blush dusted her cheeks. She would just need to get used to it. "I'd like to keep it on the down-low, at least. Everyone else in our group of misfits seems to know, but we don't have to make a spectacle of it. Hisako just became her own leader, so she needs time before she can think of being a bodyguard instead of me, and Hiei needs to leave Mukuro before he can watch either of our backs, too. We can date, we can court. Do a bit of both, see where it goes. Just don't make it obvious to anyone outside of our circle."

"I wonder /how/ they know." Yusuke rolled his eyes, but he placed his hand on top of hers that was resting on his shoulder and he smiled. "I solemnly swear that I'll make sure /not/ to be too obvious." He winced a little and let her hand go. "Mukuro's gonna be a bitch and a half. I like her, she's tough. But she's hung up on Hiei. One one hand, sexy cat fight. On another, Hiei's bound to be too annoyed to deal with it." He smiled at Haru lightly, "That being said though, I don't think you'll be sleeping in your own room when we get back to the castle. Something tells me that this was just a warm-up. Speaking of warming up, I noitced back at your house you had a game set. Yours or Hisako's?"

"I wonder /how/ they know." Yusuke rolled his eyes, but he placed his hand on top of hers that was resting on his shoulder and he smiled. "I solemnly swear that I'll make sure /not/ to be too obvious." He winced a little and let her hand go. "Mukuro's gonna be a bitch and a half. I like her, she's tough. But she's hung up on Hiei. On one hand, sexy cat fight. On another, Hiei's bound to be too annoyed to deal with it." He smiled at Haru lightly, "That being said though, I don't think you'll be sleeping in your own room when we get back to the castle. Something tells me that this was just a warm-up. Speaking of warming up, I noticed back at your house you had a game set. Yours or Hisako's?"

"Harry Potter reference!" Haru laughed a bit and tugged him to lay back down with her, the two of them flopping back and she giggled, her cheeks going even redder but she was grinning, "Hisako's. I do horribly at console gaming. I can't coordinate with the sticks like, at all. I have a 3DS tho I keep with me and solar charger. Expensive fucker but hey, I can take it to Makai with me and let the charger run during the daytime. Hisako has one and we both keep spares so we can trade off."

"Dear god, Hiei has no idea what kind of woman he has." Yusuke snorted. "He hates games. Doesn't know what to do with them. If he finds out his mate knows more than /he/ does well." He shrugged. "Anyway, reason why I was asking is to attempt to ask you if you ever been to the arcade. Surely that doesn't have /too/ many joy sticks and buttons for you to keep track of." He teased.

Haru ducked her face into his chest as she laughed. Even her ears had to be red at this point. "That sounds like fun. I'm sure I can find something in a building full of games, and if anything, I can just watch and root for you. That's what I do when the gang's playing games, anyway. I have more fun than people expect being a spectator. Besides, a day full of mindless fun will take your mind off of all that Kingly stuff. If you want to call Kuwa-kun tomorrow, we could double-team it."

"I'll send him a text tomorrow. He'll kill me if I send him one now when it's late." Yusuke rolled his eyes and poked her side. "And yet /he's/ the one with the fucked up sleep schedule. Anyway, yeah that sounds like fun."

()

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 1:15 am

Whatever Hisako had been expecting, it wasn't to see Hiei be bombed with kids immediately once they climbed the steps. She had cover her mouth with her hand as she watched them hang from his body like monkeys...or koalas, or...maybe sloths? He didn't react, but with a close look, Hisako could see a faint pinkish tint on his cheeks. She had to press her hand harder against her lips to discourage smiling wider, or to laugh.

"Oh, good. You brought him back. They were getting all sniffley." Yukina giggled from the steps. She had a broom in her hand, and a wide smile, "Welcome home!"

"Good to be home." Hiei responded easily, then lifted Akira up in the air with his speed, then caught and held her against his hip while Isamu continued to hold onto his other arm, "Good morning. We already had breakfast."

"As did we. Yusuke took Haru out for a /date/ to the arcade. He was very clear about it. Haru had the cutest blush." Yukina grinned wider.

"Finally." Hisako murmured to herself.

"Uncle Hiei is she your wife?" One of the kids asked instantly.

"It's /mates/, Akira." Hiei snorted, "You've been listening to your Uncle talk about his wedding too much. No, we're not. Not yet, at least."

"Aw." Akira pouted a little and she grinned at Hiei. "Cuz I said that to Uncle Yusuke and he said that she might be. Haru-chan ran away though. I felt bad." She looked at Hisako. "She's real pretty."
Hisako grinned, "Well, I don't get complimented all that much. Especially by someone as cute as you. My name is Koizumi Hisako. It's lovely to meet you."

"I'm just Akira. That's just Isamu." Akira answered, pointing at her brother.

"When you're older you're learn how to address yourselves." Hiei shook his head. Not all demons had a last name, and Touya had a title. Jaganshi was a mixture. He wouldn't have Hisako take it, at least.

Isamu beamed at Hisako, "You probably look cooler in your real form!"

Hisako grinned, "I don't know." She looked at Hiei. "How would you describe my real appearance, Hiei?"

"Pinning it on me, now?" Hiei finally managed to get the lot of them to the steps and he sat down on the top one, setting Akira down.

"Uncle Hiei's no good with women." Akira interjected. "He can't answer that well. Uncle Yusuke's better."

"Uncle Yusuke would be better. You asked for my opinion, however, and I have to agree with Isamu. Your Human disguise is...different yet the same." Hiei shrugged.

Akira's eyes widened and she looked at Isamu proudly. "He /does/ like her." She gushed at her brother.

Hisako raised an eyebrow up, but continued to smile as she outstretched her legs. "I'll keep it in mind that you prefer me as a demon." She grinned. "Of course we talked about that."

Isamu waved his arms, "I had a feeling you were different 'cause you don't look right. Not natural."

Hisako looked at him curiously. "I don't look natural? I guess I wouldn't." She tapped her finger to her chin. "I'm used to wearing armor, so actually wearing a skirt and blouse is very unnatural to see me in."

"Armor?" Akira asked, looking at her. "You wear that?"

"Yes, is that weird?" Hisako looked at Akira.

"I don't know anyone that does." Akira admitted. "Papa doesn't. Uncle Jin doesn't. Why do you? Is your job dangerous? Are you going to die?"

"Hopefully not anytime soon." Hiei said firmly and quickly, "Her life is dangerous, and wearing armor is the best way to protect herself."

"You gotta stay safe." Isamu looked at Hisako with a pouty lip, "You better not make Uncle Hiei sad!"

"As safe as I can be. Though that means he has to stay equally safe. I hear I'm horrible at crying." Hisako smiled and the kids immediately turned to Hiei. She grinned. So easy. But...it made her heart warm. They were only concerned for her in regards to Hiei, but it still made her happy that they worried nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 12:04 am

"At least we have an understanding there." Hiei smirked at her, then leaned over and shot his hand out and grabbed Isamu by the back of his shirt, "What are you getting into?" when he dragged him from behind Hisako and held him up.

"It was shiny!" Isamu protested and held the object he had found in Hisako's bag close to his chest. "Look at the pretty colors, Akira!" he tried to get his twin to have his back.

"You need to give that back." Hiei set him down.

"Say you're sorry, as well." Yukina added, "Stealing is bad, Isamu."

"I didn't steal it! I was just looking at it!" Isamu whined.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 11:11 am

"Whoa, guys." Hisako laughed lightly as she patted Isamu on the head and gently took the fan from him. Akira blinked as she watched Hisako flick her wrist and the fan came out. It was a beautiful sunrise golden yellow, with tree branches that out stretched themselves across the fabric. There were two birds sitting on the branches, huddled.

"So pretty!" Akira gushed, going over to her brother's side.

"I always thought so too." Hisako smiled warmly as she handed the fan to Isamu. "Though next time you see something interesting on me, ask me. I'll rarely say no. Though I am surprised. It's not often that the fan would draw someone's attention like that. Not when it's closed."

"What do you mean?" Akira asked, looking up at Hisako.

"Oh, it's..." Hisako laughed a little, scratching her cheek. "Both demons and humans I suppose have this type of myth. About how things could inhabit a spirit. Some weapons have names. Some weapons don't. It's the same for objects."

"Oh, like Snowflurry?" Akira asked, brightening.

"I'm guessing that's Shika's sword. When did it get a name?" Hisako blinked.

"I named it." Akira hit her chest proudly.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 2:40 pm

"Does your fan have a name?!" Isamu asked excitedly.

"If it had a spirit in it it would be your mothers, wouldn't it?" Hiei asked, remembering yesterday's conversation.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 3:19 pm

"Hmm." Hisako looked at the fan quite curiously. "It probably would." She looked at Akira with a bit of a strange expression, but neither twin seemed to notice, nor care. She knew that her thoughts could wait. "I'm supposing, that it /does/ deserve a name." She said after a moment. "I don't think my mother would mind sharing her name with it. But," she looked at Akira. "I suppose that is up to the two of you." She eyed Isamu. "Do you think my fan should have my mother's name. Or do you think you could come up with one better?"

"What's your mom's name?" Akira asked.

"Katsu." Hisako answered.

"I like it, what do you think Isamu?" She asked her twin.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 6:10 pm

"Golden Edge sounded good, but I think you should call it by your Ka-san's name!" Isamu nodded enthusiastically.

"It would make sense, to call upon your mother's protection when using her weapon." Hiei agreed, reaching out and running his finger along one end of it.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Hisako blinked as Hiei stroked one of his fingers across the fan. It made her heart squeeze in a way she hadn't felt since...well. She smiled softly to herself and she looked at Isamu curiously as well. "You two are something else." She said, making them look at her. "Katsu it is." She bit her thumb, just enough to bleed and she bent down and let a small drop hit the fan. "Closed and sealed. Your name is Katsu. I wonder. Did Shika do the same when you named her sword?" She turned to Akira.

Akira tilted her head. "Not in front of me. Why did you do the blood thing?"

"To seal it. Normally the namer is supposed to be the one that seals but...well...you're a bit young to do something like that. There's nothing wrong with the wielder dropping a few." Hisako shrugged, "One of my comrades would say it's unreasonable for the one to name to do it. If the weapon chose the master, if you believe in the theory, you should do what you can to honor that."

"Your friend sounds weird." Akira decided.

"He is weird." Hisako nodded solemnly. "It's funny though, he and Kuronue, a friend of Kurama's, would've gotten along swimmingly. If you could ignore half of the things he said...though I think that goes for Kur too. Curious, I wonder how I'm friends with all the random people."

"Cuz if you were friends with people like Uncle Hiei, you wouldn't marry- I mean mate with him." Akira answered brightly.

Hisako's cheeks turned red. She could hear Yukina trying to stiffle her laughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC   Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Day in a Troubled Life - YYH Lynx/VC
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next