Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 6:30 am

Ukyo did shed a few tears at that, but Wonderland's colors didn't shift or change. He hugged Ikki again, gripping the back of his shirt and gave a few shuddering breaths, "Thank you...I needed to hear that." He felt the same, too. He had said he would do anything, and he had. It broke a piece off every time, but he couldn't bear the thought of never seeing her again. After his tears subsided, he pulled away, "Let's go join everyone for tea now. There's many, many things to talk about. Futures for Megumi and I, and matters beyond us as well."

~*~
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 6:47 am

Uki hadn't traveled the swamp-lands in ages. It had overgrown and become a /lot/ more dangerous since then. There were several times he had to save Megumi from sinking, even as she walked beside him holding his hand. There were even times where /he/ nearly fell in. Most unpleasant. His pants were soaked, as was the bottom of her dress. Firelights caught her attention a lot and he had to stear her from being enchanted. Snakes tried to bite, both from branches and among the grass. Megumi had a rash on her leg from where a plant boil had spewed it's poison on her and soaked through the fabric to the skin. Thank god he had the antidote at his castle.

"Such a wonderful disaster." He muttered sarcastically, "I'll raise a section of this swamp to the ground, I swear it. I need to see my maps to find the best place for a road. I've only just wandered for the past bloody century. No one's seen my castle, except Hisako when I crowned her, but if we're going to have children I'll need to make way so it's safe, and I also need to mark a space of land where a village can start."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 6:53 am

"Well, you did warn me that it was dangerous, but I wasn't expecting this much." Megumi said soothingly, knowing well that it would take a few weeks or even a month to figure out the monster the swamp became. She hated that her leg irritated her, but the moment she could rest, she could make her own dress and wear it instead. "But relax love, you have time to figure this out. Don't drive yourself into a tizzy just yet. The center, I heard, gets much better."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:27 am

"You're the reason I'm getting so riled up. I have to protect you." Uki mumbled, squeezing her hand just a little tighter and they ducked under an overpass of tree roots that had broken and curled from the ground. "We're closer." He did say finally after a few more minutes, drawing her closer and he helped support her weight off her leg, "We'll get you fixed right up in no time." He promised, and pushed through the last bits of bushes and leaves.

Beyond the swamp was indeed a treasure. The heart, home and center of his soul, besides Megumi. Purples and silver and white. It wasn't tall and towering, that was too obnoxious. In fact, instead of sitting on hills like everyone else in their kingdoms, Ukyo's White Castle resided in a lush valley a river dividing it with a giant waterfall upstream, visible from where they stood. "Following that river upstream gets to the Clover Kingdom. If it wasn't for the waterfall, a ferry would do wonders for travel. Downstream goes right for the oceans."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 7:36 am

"We could make a pass for the carriages and horses to follow the bank of the river..." Megumi's mind was already imaging this place filled with people and thier homes. Children running down the roads, and playing games. She could see theirs having fun in the middle of it all. It made her sad that it wasn't like that now, but she knew that within time, it would again. She would say or think more, but the pain plaguing her leg was starting to become annoying. "It's a beautiful home, dark heart. Show me inside, I bet it's just as wonderful."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 8:03 am

He did so, now that they were out of the swamp he was fast and quick, even picking her up when they were close enough, holding her close to his chest until he reached his conservatory and placed her on a bench. Then he went to a large cabinet in the back, prying open the doors and waving his hands of the dust. With a snap of his fingers, the area was bright, clean, and full of a fresh aroma of flowers as the bushes bloomed, "Now, let's see..." he hummed and plucked an orange vial out, closed the cabinet, and came over to her. With a wave, her dress was clean, and he hiked it up.

"Damn...it's good I have this." He uncorked the vial and poured some over her leg and the rest on his hands, "You can hold onto my shoulder or something if it stings." He told her gently and then started working the oily orange substance into her leg and even into her knee where it was creeping up, and along the side of her other leg where the skin brushed together, making sure not a single bit of the rash was left uncovered.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 8:15 am

A few times she jerked a bit since it did sting here and there. She had no sense of modesty, since she didn't blush as he pushed her skirt a little farther up than necessary. She held to his shoulder as he rubbed the oil on to her skin. She noticed how smooth his hands were. Not rough, not badly calloused either. He rubbed her skin with a gentle yet firm pressure, his eyebrows furrowed a bit as he chased the rash down to get it to calm. She tried to distract herself here and there with the flowers in his garden. Plain roses, beautiful plants she had no name for, marigolds to keep pests and bugs away from eating the flowers. She knew without looking that he would have a miniature pond in here, with water flowers and with plants that didn't like direct sunlight. He was a skilled herbologist like Hisako. She didn't know what that struck her so suddenly. She knew it, from the way he had the antidote in his cabinet to how he knew how to make teas for different kinds of things. Even Hisako admitted her knowledge didn't go that far. "You must have been bored for the many ages you lived." It hurt to think that she was not in his life during those times. Only Wonderland knew his true age. She doubted she would outlive him. "You're talented at picking up trades."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 8:34 am

"Jack of all, master of none." Uki quipped, though his tone was more focused than testy. He was finally satisfied that he got the oil soaked in as much as he could, and looked up at her, "Now it's just a matter of time. The rash'll be gone within an hour or two. It did stew for a while, so maybe the longest." He wiped his hands off on his pants and then snapped his fingers so he could get a new pair. Standing, he put his hand on his hip, "I already moved your things to my room." She glanced down to see her bag wasn't there anymore and he smirked at doing something right under her nose. "Is there anything you're hungry for? Or should I just conjure up a variety?" He asked, moving one of the stone benches over so he could sit on it across form her with a wave, and then with another snap he put a pretty glass table between them, a teapot and two cups present but no food yet.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 8:47 am

"I'm not craving anything in particular, but careful of strong scents." Megumi cautioned, "I'm surprised I'm holding up as well as I am." She smiled softly, for it had been a while since they sat like this. When was the last time? She couldn't recall. "I'll probably want to explore your home after dinner if that's alright. I know it hasn't been loved and lived in for some tim, but that's alright. I just want to get some ideas going. Though if there's rooms or places you don't want me in, tell me and I'll stay away."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 9:10 am

"No, I'm not like that. Anywhere and everywhere you can go, sweet thing. Uki waved his hand and purple sparkles rained down over the table, creating several things he knew Megumi usually liked, taking care as she said to not put down anything with too much of a scent. "The tea will ease your stomach as well, since the vial has worn off by now." He said gently, pouring her some before himself, "It will take nothing at all to get this castle cleaned up. This is the heart of my magic. I could expend a lot to make it look brand new and not even be tired. I'd rather do it in increments, however. The most traveled places. Each hall we passed I already lit up and cleaned up. The castle's been dormant, but the longer I stay the more alive it will become. What I /really/ want to use my energy on is a damn road at least all the way through the swamp. You're good with maps, aren't you? As soon as we're done eating, I'll take you to the study. I want to make sure that rash is completely gone before we do any exploring."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 9:17 am

She recalled that Ukyo and Uki were a disaster when it came to direction. Since she was an explorer by heart, maps were a common friend. She couldn't draw and make one, not even in Wonderland when the area had a mind of its own. However, she trusted it to take her where she needed to be, or somewhere it thought she should be, as it's happened a few times. Meeting Shin, meeting Ukyo. "Yes, I can do maps." She said as she sipped the tea. It had a smooth vanilla flavor with a touch of something floral. Rose probably, "I'll have to imagine a better outfit than the one I'm wearing. This isn't practical for a hike by any means."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 10:03 am

"No, it isn't. Well, at least now we have a game plan." Uki nodded, "I hope...you don't mind that I've been out so long?" he asked slowly, nibbling on a pastry and looking at her from under his bangs. He usually asked her this question, even if the answer was the same. She loved them both, he knew, but he always felt like he might be or do something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 10:10 am

Megumi shook her head from side to side. "No, dark love. I never mind seeing you." She assured. She took careful bites of her own food, hoping that this would be something easy. So far, it was. Whether that meant her child was picky about the food or thier surroundings she was not sure. "You can stay as long as you wish, and when you tire of me, just switch and let Ukyo be bothered with me instead. Though, um, does it bother you? That I'm expecting? I can feel Ukyo's emotions well since he's out more, I barely get practice with you though I can tell when you switch and your magic."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 10:20 am

"You were never a bother except when you were reckless in my land." Uki chuckled softly, "I am still wrapping my head around the idea, but I'm already starting to plan ahead to make everything's safer and more comfortable. I am...happy, yes. I just show it differently. We both want the child...or children, as everyone seems so adamant about. I'm just glad we have time to make sure everything's good to go by the time they pop into the world."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 10:32 am

Megumi felt at ease hearing that. "Different yes, but just because one half is happy doesn't always mean the other is. You know I try to make sure both are content some how." She shook her head from side to side, "I don't think you see me not be reckless especially since we're going to explore some later. Your lands are too fun, too mysterious not to through some caution to the wind. Though I will take more care now. I can't afford to make mistakes. At least we have time. I admit now that the excitement is fading a little, I'm nervous. I've told you this before, that it doesn't matter if you have a Kingdom or not, I'm just happy to be by your side. Yet, you're determined to make me Queen. Bards don't fare well as majesty, Uki. We're looked down in as witches of the mind and soul. At least Husako is a natural born witch and nature is her calling, though her history darkens things too."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 10:39 am

"Wonderland is where rules to not apply." Uki scoffed, "A Mad King and a Bard Queen sound just fine to me." He shook his head and took another sip of his tea, "I am also trying to make a place for our child or children to live. Having tree leaves for a roof isn't meant for little ones. I control the lands, so I get away with it. You and they cannot. Don't be nervous, Megumi. Allow me to handle things. As soon as you designate a room for a nursery, and roads back and forth are completed, Ikki will be the next one allowed over for redecorating. He has /seven/ of them. I'm sure we can make this place fit for our own brood in no time."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 11:13 am

Megumi shook her head, a find smile at her face as she sipped her tea. "Alright then. I can't argue against your logic, it's too sound. Though I swear, Uki, if one person tells me boots aren't made for dresses I'm allowed to show them precisely why that's wrong." Her voice was alight with good humor. "Let's finish, so we can do the most of it."
~+~
The most of it they did. Megumi was quite tired after pouring map over map trying to determine the best road as well as how much of the swamp to get rid of. It was good to keep, but not to the level that it was at. She decided that there were two roads, and she remembered a pathway with a fork in it. It took a long time to track that particular map since it didn't want to be found. But, she did find it and managed to find at least one way to connect a pathway in existence to another. Though, the second road, the one most direct was harder, mostly since it was through the hard part of the swamp. She measured, recalculated, and thought about it, but there was no where else it could go. So through the thicket of swamp it went much to her displeasure. At least she wore a dress with laced up steal toed boots as well as leather for the skirts. The bodice she made with long sleeves and a cloak of leather as well. She didn't miss the look in Uki's eyes when he caught her in it.

Now she just wanted to rest. Uki told her that he'd be with her in five clicks and directed her to his rooms. She wasn't sure if she was up for a little fun or not before sleeep, or him for that matter. She had just passed a room where she could have sworn ginger passed her gaze. She stopped and peered in.

The room wasn't clean. There was dust hanging on the air and the tall window needed a thorough cleaning. The curtains were filled with musk and mold and the floor creaked with her movement. Yet, despite the short comings, Megumi could see this beautifully. The curtains would be a cream color to,catch sunlight best. In the corner where Chess was standing would be the-

"Oh my fu-!" Megumi gripped her chest as Chess laughed. "Don't /do/ that. How did you get /in/ here?! Are you hurt?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 11:30 am

"No, no, not hurt." Chess shook his head, "I'd hoped you had figured it out by now. Twee and Tweedle aren't here anymore. I miss them."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 3:42 pm

"You're a fragment of me..." Megumi said slowly, backing a little. "Children have strong imaginations so..." no wonder Nori was adamant that she was going to have twins. She nodded her head, trying to keep it on her head on straight. She placed her hand on her abdomen, knowing that was where his sisters were. She walked over to him and bent to his level. "I'm sure even knowing you are me and I'm you, I'll ask you questions you think I know. I'm a worrier at heart." She reached for his hand knowing that she might not feel anything. "I know you miss your sisters sweetheart, and I'm sorry they can't play with you anymore. I don't know how much fun I will be, since I-"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 4:07 pm

"Momma, you doubt yourself too much." Chess smiled at her sweetly and instead of taking her hand he wrapped his arms around her middle, his ear to her heart. His presence was light, as if he was a ghost, but she could feel just enough, "We all love you. Sorry for all the riddles when we first met. I didn't want bad things to happen to you. I'll be around a while still, I'll get to play with my sissies soon. Time is different for me. I simply am. Though..." He pulled away and made a small face of annoyance, "Make sure Kichi stays safe, will you? He and Tweedle are going to be quite a pair." He snorted then, "I can't wait until you and Papa actually pick names for them."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Megumi felt tears go down her cheeks. "Something better than Twee and a Tweedle or what have you. I hate names that aren't names. We'll come up with some, and I'l try to find yours as well. Never hurts to be too prepared." She rocked him a little, not caring if it looked strange or weird. "I love you as well. All of you. I'll keep Kichi safe. He's certainly has my adventurious side. I don't know which is which yet, but I'm sure it'll come apparent soon." She pulled away and on instinct went to brush his hair with her fingers. "I'm glad you'll be around for a while."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 4:41 pm

"Meg...just.../what/ are you doing?" Ukyo's soft voice carried through the room. In a flash, there was no longer mold on the curtains and it all looked brand new. Light from the sunset came through the clean windows.

Chess winced, "Uh-oh...You've been caught. This is going to be hard to explain...just say I'm a spirit. That'll be easiest for now. You promised Uncle Shin you'd tell Aunt Hisa, so you should do that first."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 4:57 pm

Uh, oops. That was true, she was supposed to tell Hisako about this, but secrets never went well for them. She thought about Chess's comment, and she looked at the child before turning her attention back to Ukyo. "I was thinking that this is where the nursery should be."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 5:15 pm

"Is there someone here?" Ukyo asked slowly, carefully. He narrowed his eyes a bit in concern and suspicion, "It's an old castle, Meg...I won't be surprised if there's things amiss, but that still makes it worrisome, if you can see something and I cannot."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 EmptySat May 27, 2017 5:43 pm

"Shin couldn't either, couldn't smell them too." Megumi was unable to lie to Ukyo. She knew that Chess was apprehensive about this, but she trusted Ukyo and Uki. Telling them first should be the way before telling Hisako. "Good news is, is that I can tell you now with confidence that we'll have two. I could tell you what they'd look like and everything. And I could tell you they're not the only ones. We'll have another down the line somewhere. A few years, give or take." She pursed her lips together. "Bad news is, is that I can't see them when I'm carrying them and only me and the other kids can. That's why Nori said we would have twins. Clever girl knew. I think...if I had to put a story to why I can see them...is that Wonderland heard a thought, or had its own desire. After my deaths, I think it began to be sad...and wondered if that was all it was good for. I think it was hoping that if maybe I saw a glimpse into what we could have together I'd be more inclined to live."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next