Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 3:25 pm

"U-Usually by whim, but I've told several people that I'd open up commissions once I got more of my older paintings sold. I have so many, that I don't have room for anymore in my house. It'd be different if I had a proper studio to work in, where I'd be coming back to it instead of staring at it until my eyes bleed and wishing I could just be done with it." Maya swallowed thickly. "B-By how Shin spoke I thought I'd be doing a commission for Hisako, or even of Megumi and Hatter as a wedding present. I...wasn't expecting it to be a set-up to do yours."

Shin could only blink and stare at the darker skinned woman. She was rather observant. This really was a set up, but only /partially/ to get Toma to commission her. Maybe that was what they needed, a reason to keep meeting up. There was no way Maya was going to give in to the matchmaking so easily, not with how nervous she was.
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 3:34 pm

Shin and Hiskao could understand. They hadn't sat for any kind of portrait for a while. Megumi and the Hatter was ambitious. No one ever saw the Hatter, only a handful who were sworn to secrecy. He wouldn't sit without a reason. He wondered if a wedding portrait would be a good reason. If not, what would bring him out? "I'm sorry if that appears to be the case. But they honestly wanted me to meet you for the portrait that you painted. It brings back good, happy memories from when Wonderland wasn't in a dark of place it was. I could see this hanging in their nursery if they have children or when they do. But, if it's something you want to do, I'd welcome it. I hope my palace is big enough. I'm content to wait."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 3:42 pm

"First Waka-san, and now you? Why do people suddenly want us to have pups?" Shin arched a brow, more amused than off-put, but he used this moment to open a line through their pack-link to Toma, something he very rarely did. /Offering her a place to stay, not just a place to paint, is a good idea. She has someone who won't leave her be./

Maya had lit up at the prospect, "You'd offer that to me?! A place to paint, with wonderful lighting from the chandeliers and the natural light from the windows, plenty of room to move and work..." To step food back inside the palace...the guards would recognize her, but if she was there as a hired worker to paint him then there wouldn't be any problem.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 3:49 pm

"If that's good, do you mind terribly staying instead of going back and forth?" Toma asked smoothly, before turning to Shin, "Waka suggested it too? I guess we just one more and that's an omen."

"Shocked no one's trying to jinx me into that." Megumi said with a bit of amusement. She could feel a bit of dizziness come on and another gentle probe of worry. "I'm fine love." She murmured softly under her breath. She looked over at Hisako and Shin. "I don't know...I think they'd be cute."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Maya covered her mouth again, if only this time to contain her squeal of happiness. She would shoot into the sky and dance happily in the clouds if she could. "Yes! Yes, yes, I wouldn't mind staying! It would take a while to pack my supplies, and ask a friend to hold over the shop for me while I'm gone, but tomorrow morning..."

"Tonight." Shin interjected, "I know you just rode your horse here, Toma, so Hisako, I don't think it'd be too much to spare our coach so Maya can be at Toma's palace in time for dinner." /I worry about this man, Garrett, giving her grief if she waits for the 'morrow./ Shin confessed through the line to both of them.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 4:06 pm

"Don't worry about your shop." Hisako said quickly. "This should take the highest priority. I'd rather you be comfortable than to be in a rush in the morning. Shin and Toma can help you pack whatever you might need."

Toma nodded, "I agree with Hisako, it'd be best for you to be acquainted with the castle tonight and tomorrow than for you to not."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Maya's eyes narrowed just a fraction, but she nodded and took a sip of her tea, "It's all so sudden, but I'm too excited now to care much. I've been working so hard on dress-making that I have been neglecting my art. I am looking forward to this, I really am. Thank you, for giving me this opportunity." To actually /live/ in the castle with Toma? That was a possibility she had never even /dreamed/ of, let alone wished for.

Shin relaxed his shoulders, softening, "Now that that's settled, Toma, sit down already and have some of Hatter's tea! When was the last time you enjoyed any, huh?" he poked fun playfully, glad Maya would be well taken care of by his brother, at least for the time being. Hopefully, by the time she had to go back, Toma would be able to defend her tooth and nail.

~*~

Maya spun around in a circle, taking everything in now that there wasn't a mass of people filling every nook and crevice, "Wow!" she giggled, grinning bright, "It's so big!" Shin had helped her pack, and had done something with his energy around her house that made Toma wrinkle his nose and narrow his eyes, but had gone back home on foot instead of coming with them to the Diamond Palace. The coach and a maid had taken her things to a guest room. Toma stood there watching her take it all in, and she felt like she'd gone back in time, back to the Ball, because it was all so surreal.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 1:26 am

"Sometimes a little too large. Clean too." Toma said smoothly. "Though this is mostly the front entrance. Up the stairs it gets a little bigger. The kitchens are behind the stairs. The stable yard close by. Should you need a maiden, there are bells that you can ring. Never fear, they can hear. The upper stairs are the armor and library and a few guest rooms. We'll be using one of my chambers for the portrait. You'll be using one to sleep in as well. If that is to your liking." He wondered if it was going to be too much. Even he felt overwhelmed sometimes inside the castle. He was a prince from the start unlike Shin and Hisako, but not yet a King since marriage felt so far away and so close, he could grab her and dance the night away. Again.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 2:03 am

Maya gave him a soft smile, "The bells probably echo through the halls, so that makes sense. I probably won't go near the stables, I have had enough of horses." Her tone was a little biting and she snorted, "I'm sorry. I don't mind them, really, but riding them gives me headaches. Garrett brought a new horse to show off every day, too. It really was a bother. Pretty creatures, yes, but I have more important things to do." She didn't miss how Toma's shoulders tensed and he drew his body to his full height, nostrils flaring. He looked intimidating, bristling like that, but she /liked/ it. Cheeks tinting, she looked towards the stairs, "One of your chambers, for sleep and for the portrait, is perfectly fine. Someplace comfortable for long periods of time, natural atmosphere and relaxing. I'm not going to set you in any kind of uncomfortable pose or anything."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 2:10 am

"I think that depends on your idea of natural and relaxing." Toma relaxed a bit, she was away from that man for now. He would have to find a way to keep her longer and how to keep Garrett away. Though, unless she married him, that would be harder to accomplish. "You need a room for sewing, so if you need something for that, fabrics or what not, let me know or the maidens. They'll get you what you need. Do you need another room for that craft?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 2:32 am

Maya's mind was fuzzy with suddenly being offered to do her dresses here. "My, Toma, give me a little time to adjust to your first proposal. It's been quite a long day for me, and I'm so very ready for dinner. If I decide I'd like to make any sort of dress, I'll let you know. I promise. This is all so new and mind-boggling for me. I won't let any wants or needs go unheard, since you're so persistent. One step at a time, though, please?" She came a little closer to him, "Why don't you show me the rooms I'm being borrowed so I can make myself presentable for dinner with royalty, hmm?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 5:04 pm

/You're fine the way you are/ he thought to himself, but decided that first impressions were best. He lead her down the hallway and up the stairs. They chatted about this and that before he stood at a door and opened it. Inside was a large bedroom with a working fireplace. There was lightening on the walls, and the bed had Red and gold fitted sheets. He knew that since she told him that any desire would be heard, he had no doubt that she'd tell him a different color scheme. "Your room to sleep. Tomorrow dawn I'll show you where you can paint if it's to your liking. I know artists are picky about their natural light and other things. Depending on story told, Meg is quite picky about atmosphere and attitude."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 2:13 am

Maya hesitated at the door. She saw her belongings at the foot of the bed already, but she shook her head, "This seems like a room Shin or Hisako might stay in...I, um...do you have anything more...yellow or orange? Garrett compared me to a sunflower. I never thought of it that way, but I suppose he's right. You saw my cottage, too." She should just take it an leave it, not get too greedy, but the red was sort of off-putting. "I don't like wearing red, either...it makes me look like a whore. Supposed to be complimenting with my skintone and all, but I just can't pull it off. Rika-san chalks it up to personality."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 1:27 pm

"I can change the sheets during dinner." Toma promised. "Most of the rooms are red and gold, mostly because of my mother. Gold and red was supposed to be the color flag Shin and I would fly. But then Hisako managed to become Queen under the Mad King and used the color black and red. I haven't found a complimentary color to go with mine yet. But yellow and orange? Let's see what we can't do with that. Quite a cheery color, that matches you well." Though he thought of his yellow being to her orange. A wild thought, but he could see her in a orange gown next to his yellow formal attire. "If you'll consider this temporary, at least till dinner. Unless it's the entire room and not just the color?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 2:25 pm

"Oh, those colors make more sense now. Having them changed while we're busy will be fine. I do like the room, so I will stay in here." Maya gave him a cheerful smile and whole body twitched and jerked, wanting to lean in and hug him, but she held herself back and stiffened up. Looking away, face red with embarrassment, she hurried into the room, "I'll find myself something real nice to wear, since I'm not just meeting a /Queen/, I'm meeting your /mother/." She giggled and gave him a quick wink before she closed the door and heaved against it with her back, hand on her chest.

What was she doing? This was all going to go horribly wrong, she knew it deep down in her soul, but...she desperately wanted to enjoy the time she had with him as it was.

~

"So...Maya, was it? Do tell me about yourself, dear. I simply have to know just why my son chose /you/ out of the plethora of artists we've tried to have paint his portrait before." Toma's mother inquired with the tiniest hint of a whine.

It was pretty endearing, Maya thought. She didn't feel insulted at the 'someone like you' comment at all. Toma's mom was so sweet and charming, and she could see where Toma got a lot of his appearance, except for her eyes. They didn't glitter the same way, too dark, but just as kind. Toma was also much more of a silver tongue, which she guessed he had to get from a father not present. Maya licked her lips in thought and watched Toma's eyes zero in on the action. He'd been transfixed on her the moment she'd entered the dining hall, wearing a deep burnt orange dress with brighter trails of orange on the trims, something she'd made for herself and packed just for this. His eyes, so predatory, made her body hot.

"I'm but a simple commoner, ma'am." Maya told her gently, "My parents travel business, but they are no noble sort. I've worked for everything I have, but with the occasional help here and there from my dear friend, Rika-san."

Toma's mother's eyes lit up, "So humble...but Rika, Ikki's friend? She was here at your ball, Toma, but rather late. Tell me, were you the girl that escaped my boy's clutches? I have indeed noticed the guards eyeing you suspiciously since your arrival."

Maya shifted nervously, "I...am. Though I don't think that's the reason why he chose me to do his painting. His friends, Shin and Hisako, have a painting of mine that he also liked."

"Why did you not come back? He searched everywhere for you." The Queen looked so perplexed.

Maya didn't understand, and she didn't feel very hungry anymore. Barely eaten a thing all day, she felt nearly starved, but everything was happening so fast. "I wasn't on the guest list, and I didn't want to create a fuss. I had my one dance. That was what I came here for, and when I was found out, I left. I promised Rika that, too."

"Surely we could've settled everything right as rain." The Queen beamed at her, "I'd never seen Toma look so distraught before, so enamoured. He tends to scoff at everyone that comes his way, if it weren't for the fact Shin mated with Hisa-chan, I would've thought him queer."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 2:35 pm

"Mother! Please!" Toma's cheeks turned a bright, bright red. "Don't listen to her, Maya. I beg of you. Hisako and Shin are family to me and nothing more than that. I do admit that I don't let myself go to one side or another, Shin's no threat. I trust him and Hisako with the Diamond Country more than I'd trust anyone else at current time. Though I hope that changes."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 2:46 pm

"I was joking and you know it." The Queen teased as their food came out, set out for them by the butlers.

"I'm not worried about any three-way trysts, or afraid that you'd pick the other side." Maya assured Toma enjoying how flustered he became, how his face and skin flushed so prettily. "Really, though, my Queen, as...as flattered as I am that Toma searched for me, I had even asked Rika not to say anything. I didn't want it to become a big deal." I had been hoping he'd forget about me. I should've never sold that painting.

The Queen looked worried now, not touching her food yet, "You're very much a big deal."

Why are you taking this all so easily?! Maya wanted to scream, but kept hold on her tongue. "I'm nothing special." She said slowly, carefully, instead.

The Queen's brows drew together, and Toma's lips turned down into a frown. "Whatever do you mean by that?"

"I'm just a painter." Maya's throat tightened. "I sew dresses. That's all. It's shocking that I'm going to be painting Toma, and it'll spur my life full-steam ahead, but it's not spectacular. I won't magically become something worthwhile enough to paint on ceilings or murals in the Kingdom's cities. No matter how long I stay, painting until I'm satisfied the portrait's done and perfect. I'm just a peasant girl." Using the uglier term, 'peasant' instead of 'commoner', seemed to set everyone in the room on edge.

It made her ill.

Feeling horrid for ignoring dinner, and ruining the start of her stay so fantastically, Maya set her napkin on the table and stood. "It's been much too long of a day. Forgive me, dearly, my Queen, Toma, but I'd much rather retire to sleep and have breakfast in the morning. So much has happened, I just can't wrap my head around it all, and it hurts to try." She bowed to them, rubbing her forehead, and she headed for the door.

Toma's mother clicked her tongue, a deep frown forming, "Oh dear, oh my. Toma, I thought you said she called to you? Pulled at your magic?"

Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 2:53 pm

"She did, but maybe she can't feel mine? I don't know," Toma looked upset, but he tried to hide it. "Going after her now will accomplish nothing, but to make her run away." He sighed, standing up. "I'm sorry mother, but can we save those questions for when I actually court her and she feels comfortable here."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 3:02 pm

"Take her dinner to her, at least. Poor thing looked dreadfully pale, and take yours. I was a bit too forward, wasn't I? I'm sorry, you're more acquainted with what our people need to feel relaxed. I forget that I, and this very situation, is intimidating. Even Shin doesn't like coming here. I will have to set up an apology somehow." She frowned but didn't stand, sighing again, "She can't be magicless...but perhaps she's one of the few where it's dormant? Or she can only use it in her craft? The soul knows, Toma, which is why no one's pitching a fit at the drastic difference in social standing. That's what's got her so afraid, by the /word/ she used." She shuddered.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 3:10 pm

"I know, mother. Don't fret." Toma assured gently, picking up the plate and her silverware. "I'm sure we'll figure out a way to make her feel at home. Or something of the sort. I'll see you tomorrow, mother. Love you." He walked out of the dining hall and back up to the bedroom. He knocked on the door gently, "I know you told us that you said you'll come for breakfast on the morrow, but we'd feel better if you ate this before then. I'll leave it outside your door, I apologize for my mother's nosiness. See you tomorrow, Maya."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 3:17 pm

Maya had been too choked up, crying into her orange pillow and sitting at the edge of the yellow-orange bed, to answer him. She crept to the door, pillow clutched to her chest, and heard him sigh before walking off. When she retrieved her dinner, it was still warm. She was so hungry, truly, and it was good. Maybe she had been too harsh, too overwhelmed by the circumstances. This could be a very pleasant stay if she just let it. Tomorrow, she promised herself. Tomorrow would be better.

()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 3:20 pm

It was awful to admit, but Tsume had screamed when she saw Ikki covered in dried, goopy black-red blood. The children had been nowhere near, being entertained by their grandmother and some handmaidens, and she had been thankful for that. Whisking him away to their chambers, she'd stripped him in a frenzy even as he said he was fine, crying in relief when there were no injuries. He'd grabbed her hands as she mindlessly rubbed his torso, and kissed and wiped her tears away, and when that didn't work he soothed her in another manner entirely all night.

It'd been rocky this last several days, nightmares plaguing both of them. Lots of hugs and kisses to their babies, especially the oldest twins, Nori and Tami, who had burst into their own tears seeing the haunted looks in their parents eyes and remembering as well, the enchanted sleeping death of their mother and the war their father raged because of it. The four of them had slept together the second night, much to the confusion of the rest.

Now, Tsume was not surprised at all to see Kent's hawk reach her, but she /was/ shocked to see /two/ letters attached to it's leg. Both were for Ikki, but one was written in Kent's usual scrawl and the other in a rather...enchanting kind of script that reminded her of Megumi's, only it wasn't as sweet. She took the hawk and the letters up to Ikki's study where the youngest twins, Kichiro and Manami were playing rough-house on the rug. Stepping around them, she went to her husband's desk, "I feel like I really should be jealous this time. Letters from two unfortunate souls, asking for advice for a love story you so /unwittingly/ threw them into?" She arched a brow, willing him to hurry up and open them to see if she was right.

"Jealousy would not suit. You think they would just request advice from me? Undoubtedly they sent for Megumi and Hisako as well." Ikki soothed gently and ripped open the letters. "And you were right, both are confused in love. Therefore they seek those who were in love first. Neither of them courted before." He read the letters before handing them to Tsume and leaned back.

/"You don't understand the gift you've given me."/ Was the first line Tsume read from the girl, Kazuko, that Ikki had mentioned before. It struck her odd, so she kept going.

/"I honestly cannot remember what my plan was before we crossed paths. Go back home, do the daily grind, live my life alone and in misery now my last refuge was taken from me by the sickness. Instead, I have a purpose I wasn't expecting. I've told Megumi after singing my song to her, but Kent...I don't know how, and frankly the curiosity is the only reason why I care, but Kent's been the one I've been dreaming of. I can tell not by his appearance, as he hasn't shown himself to me, but by his gaze. I know his gaze like the back of my hand."/

Tsume clicked her tongue, "Kent's been watching her with his mirror? Interesting..."

/"I plead to you for advice on how to make this one-sided love not so much. It's hard to explain on just one page, why and how I already care so much for a man I've never met besides my dreams. I keep my distance like he asks, discuss the books I read, stay away from the places he doesn't want me to go. I'm honest with him. I don't know how to appeal to a man, let alone a Prince. You are his best friend. I don't know if you remember me, the girl on the road, but I remember you. You see him more than anybody, even Meg and Hisako. I can't play chess, or riddle around in circles. I can weave stories like Meg but with song. I enjoy history, cleaning, gardening, and I'm good at hunting. I'm just a plain woman besides, and simply a commoner. I likely never would have gotten this chance if not for these circumstances, and it saddens me, but I wish to make the most of it."/

"She's paranoid and a little pessimistic. Rambles on, but she makes good points." Tsume hummed thoughtfully, "Do you remember a girl on the road when you went to see Kent all those times? Are you the reason Kent's been watching her through his looking glass?"

"I do recall a commoner sometimes on the road, but I wouldn't have been able to tell that it was her. I might have mentioned it to Kent and he grew curious. No one stays close to the castle." Ikki mused, "You know I try to avoid people's gazes even to this day." He looked away, thinking. "Good points, but not nearly enough. Conversation is what flows. By god, Megumi goes into a tizzy when we play with words around her. No, riddles are ours and Hisako's when she wants to spoil our fun. Chess is a skill Shin perfected as well as Toma. I can play, but not to their level. I believe she should try to find her own niche. How to do that would take trail and error."

"Tell her that, then." Tsume urged, sitting on the arm of his chair and wrapping her arm around his shoulders. "If it weren't for you, I fear Kent would've forgotten what it was like to talk and wouldn't know a conversation if it knocked him upside the head. She mentioned she likes history. Tell her to ask him about his castle. Maybe if he remembers, even if it's painful, he might want to bring it back to what it was. She's a commoner, but not all of them see castles and Princes and Princesses and want that life out of greed. Her greed is knowledge, and that's something we can work with. Maybe seeing things through her eyes, her wonder and awe, might get him to open his. Though, that's all just wishful thinking. I don't know what Kent wrote, since that's your business." She smiled as Kichiro latched onto her leg and she looked down at their only boy, reaching down and hoisting him into her arms, "We need to get over this slump of ours, dear heart. We don't have the luxury to wallow. Helping them might help us, too. Kazuko has promise."

"It is a bit of a wallow isn't it?" Ikki carefully took his pen and wrote down his thoughts for Kazuko. "I wonder if we should visit Wonderland again. Too cheer us up. I hear Meghan been feeling better and could distract the children while you and I nip off to use Hisako's hospitality. Eight or nine is a good number, right?" He looked up at his wife with a teasing glint in his eyes. He wasn't too serious about adding to their pod. They had a large family. Large enough and one boy to settle anyone that wanted a heir.

"I don't trust you to give me just one more," Tsume teased back, settling Kichiro on her hip and Manami had waddled herself over to Ikki, tugging on his trouser leg. wanting to be picked up as well. Manami and Tamiko had had gotten the pink of Ikki's eyes in full, and while Tami had gotten Ikki's mother's white hair, Mana had Ikki's pale blue hair. "I think seven's fine, overall. We should focus on raising them rather than fussing over newborns. Nori and Tami are getting to the age where they're the oldest and think they're extra special, too. They're going to be quite a duo when they're teenagers. I'm still hoping whenever the others have children we're able to mix the families by natural attraction over the years of growing up together rather than arranged marriages."

"I agree," Ikki replied, picking up Manama and kissing her cheek. "Seven is a lucky number. Maybe we could live through Meg when she gets her own going." He snuggled his baby closer to him. "I refuse to do arrange marriages for any of them. Maybe it's the romantic in me, but I met you not through arrangement, but through fate and loved you dearly. They deserve the same."

~*~
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 3:27 pm

Megumi shouldn't have felt surprised as she did when she got her brother's letter telling her that he was coming to Wonderland. He didn't specify why, but he did mention the kids coming as well and that turned her stomach. For the last past few days, before the sun would rise, she would be in the bathroom throwing up what little she had in her stomach, and she'd do it again through various times of the day. Mostly morning and a little if the evening.

It was concerning since Ukyo didn't see her much away from the castle anymore, fearing that going out too far and being sick would be a disaster. She tried not to let Hisako be too concerned about it. She didn't necessarily feel sick, hot with fever or wracked with chills. Just unsure about smells and food...which was a suspicious symptom, but no way to confirm. God forbid writing to her mother, the word would spread quickly that either Princess Megumi of Spades was pregnant with a illegitimate child (someone would have to save that poor unfortunate soul that says that to her face) or ill.

She kind of hoped it was one more than the other. Despite it making her nervous, it was a hope. No wonder people feared the emotion as much as they did. It was dangerous. Especially with so many what ifs involved both bad and good.

Megumi stayed near the window. Despite staying close to the castle in case she fell ill, she did want to let the Hatter know in some fashion that it wasn't abandonment. She just didn't know what was wrong or right with her. The answer was always a smidgen of concern, but mostly a violent wave of love, support, and constant vigilance. A hope she'll return soon.

She heard the door open, breaking her away fro her thoughts. "Oh. Hello, Shin."

"I had Hisako brew you something specific. You can't stay away from Hatter so much, not after mating. It took even Hisako and I months after sealing our souls before we could be far apart for long periods of time." Shin came over to her, "Pinch your nose, it smells and tastes like literal ass, but you'll feel better, if only for a couple hours." In his hand a small vial of a pink and green swirling, shimmering liquid. It looked sweet, but looks were very deceiving.

Megumi bit her lip but took the medicine. She pinched her nose and drank the medicine, choking and gagging at the taste but finishing it off the best she could. "What did you have her make?" Her voice tight and hoarse.

"Just breathe. You don't want to up-chuck this, just give it a second." Shin soothed, rubbing her back, his nose flaring at being so close. "It took me longer than I admit to decipher, and I'm rather sorry. It's not something I experience often, but after taking a walk through our village and being around others in your situation, it clicked into place." He nibbled at his lip, "Ikki's going to have a field day when he gets here."

Megumi stared at him for a moment. There was only one reason Ikki would love hearing that she was sick, and that was mostly the outcome. "O...oh." She was kind of glad she was near a window, otherwise she might've fainted or something. "You said I'll feel okay for a few hours give or take?"

"Yes. Since it's so nasty to take, Hisako said she'd give you a vial when you feel your worst, or before company like Ikki's visit." Shin nodded, "I know you're back, that whatever happened in Wonderland that night helped you both, but I don't know if you remember that you and Hatter /are/ married. Promised under the moon with no one to witness but Wonderland itself and the barafae. So it's not out of wedlock or anything of that sort, but it might be best to renew those vows. I know he still is uncertain about coming out, but I've seen him fluttering about here and there a lot more often, so he's getting bolder."

Megumi hugged Shin, "I don't think a renewal would go amiss. Thank you, Shin. I'll go to him and let him know the news. Maybe, hopefully, he'll come out. I never want to rush him, not when he never gave up on me." She let him go and walked out of the castle.

Normally instinct told her to run, to fly through the forest to find her love, but this time her body protested. She might feel better, but she didn't want to take chances. Apparently neither did Ukyo for he was found near the edge of the forest. Not too close to the castle where he could be easily seen, but not far. "Bright love!" She grinned. "I have so much to tell you and ideas, I don't know which to tell you first!"

Ukyo swallowed her up in his arms and nuzzled her, breathing her in deep and releasing that breath on a sigh of relief. "Sweet love, you seem so happy. Tell me whatever comes to mind first. I'll hear it all. Though, I must admit I did travel to the far edges of Wonderland and tasted the Clover world. Kent...he is not well, drawing closer to his birthday and the end of the curse every day, but something odd lingers there. Hope, maybe? What happened when you were there? You never really...told me, before you started becoming ill and the week flew by. It'll be the first of September in a few days."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 3:38 pm

"Oh! That's right!" Megumi immediately explained about Kazuko and her determination to be the one to break the curse. "I think she could do it. Though, I don't know. Hope is a good thing, it's still there so the Clover could be lucky again. I think she'd make a wonderful Queen, only if Kent will open up a little more." She swallowed and decided to choose one, "Shin reminded me that you and I are married, but since with everything that happened between us we might want to consider renewing them. Especially with what's to come."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 3:42 pm

"With...what's to come? That sounds rather ominous, sweetling. Why are you so cheery about it?" Ukyo arched a brow at her. Renewing vows...a wedding, a real wedding...she deserved that and so much more. How would he accomplish that, though, living in the shadows? "That's good about Kazuko, besides. I don't wish for either of them to lose themselves to darkness."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy   There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

There is no Beauty without some Strangeness - Amnesia Fantasy
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next