Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Harry Potter Book Role Play

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynx-Tiger

Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 1:24 am

Rae was highly amused at Sheba. "Actually no. My mother was a Gryffindor. My dad's a Slythern. Neither one of them really care about what house I wind up at, just so long as I'm happy and I make friends. I could say Gryffindor, but...meeeh. I like your house and all, don't get me wrong, but red is godawful. Green's not so much better, but blue's depressing and yellow's too freaking bright."

"She's going into the house because she likes snakes, Sheba." Erin told his cousin, slightly mocking though he too was amused at the conversation. "Out of all the reasons she picked to go into a house, she picked it because of snakes and now apparently colors."

"Besides, technically we're not sorted yet. Technically we're still debating about what house may or may not be ours. Next year, Sheba, when we're all in the House we said we were in, then you can ask me if I'm barking mad." Rae grinned. "Though I suppose I could answer that now and say I'm not exactly sane."

"Naomi wasn't sane. Aunt Eri and mom told us about the stunt she pulled to grab the snitch. Literally jumped off of her broom and barely caught it to hold on to." Eridanus said easily enough. "Don't know why we'd think you'd take after your dad."

"Touche."

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 1:50 am

Bria gave Rae a raspberry, "I love red, though I prefer red and black to red and gold but beggars can't be choosers," she shrugged and sucked on the tip of her choco wand, looking content.

"Well, least you're sure," Sheba sighed, "So how'd you two become friends?"

"We went to primary school together and lived like, a block away from one another," Bria chirped, throwing her arm over Rae's shoulder.

"That explains it. So Knight...like the Knight Bus for Stranded Witches and Wizards?" Sheba tilted her head.

"Yup! My grandmother started it," Bria nodded, "She was on the road a lot when she was younger, met a lot of them, and got the funds and whatever to get it going."
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 12:39 am

"Never been on it." Erin said thoughtfully. "Maybe I should try to do that. That'd be fun. Hey, maybe this summer Sheba, I can try and take the Knight Bus over to your place. That'll save floo powder /and/ it's probably cheap."

"Why are you worried about money?" Rae asked, her eyebrows furrowed. "Isn't the Black Family insanely wealthy?"

"Remmy and Mom are on the thrifty side." Eridanus admitted. "Though depending on how much floo powder costs and how often we use it verus how much we'd use the Knight Bus and the amount of money that costs, then my math is shot honestly. For all I know I'm spending more than I should be saving."

"Thank god for budgets." Rae sighed.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:16 am

"It's not that type of bus," Bria explained, "It's meant for witches and wizards who have run away or have nowhere to go. You call it by sticking out your wand hand. It might take a moment or two, but they'll eventually come get you."

"She just burst your bubble, Erin," Sheba giggled.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:43 pm

"Damn." Eridanus snapped his fingers, but other than that didn't look too bothered. He leaned back a bit more into his seat as he watched the two of them. So far, he liked them both. Still thought it was strange that the girl wanted to be in Slythern, but still. Nothing to bad. The other girl was a trip. She was Gryffindor like, but honestly he saw her more in Hufflepuff than anything. Then again, it all depended on what the sorting hat did. He just prayed that he wasn't in Slythern. Not that it was a bad house, but....he'd rather be a Gryffindor, where Leo, Remmy and...his dad had been than a Slythern. Ravenclaw was even better, since that was the House his mother was in.

Sheba was a Gryffindor all the way. No way did she act like any of the other Houses. He'd be ticked off if the sorting hat placed her anywhere else. He was pretty sure Sheba wouldn't be too happy either. She always had badgered Uncle Raiden with stories about the Gryffindor House. Remmy occasionally dropped stories too. It was the only House so far that she felt any affinity too. They all agreed that Reni, little tiny Serenity was probably going to be the only Hufflepuff in the family. Not that Serenity cared. It just meant Hogwarts for right now.

"Considering that this is a seven or eight hour train ride, I'm thinking about checking up on compartments and seeing if I know anyone." Eridanus said as he stood up. "Anyone fancy to come along?"

Rae merely shook her head. "You just want to get out before the twins show up."

"Nah. I'm wondering if they even have a clue where we are. If I run into them, I can point them in the right direction." Eridanus pointed out.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:10 am

"I told you, I told them we were in the last cart," Sheba pouted, "Don't goooo!" she jumped up and hugged his arm, "What if they get here and you're not back?"

"You afraid to be alone with two boys? Especially one you fancy?" Bria teased.

Sheba stuck her tongue out, "I won't be alone, I'll have you two."

"Two? What two? It'd be just be me because Rae's going with Erin," Bria's grin was wolfish. She shot Rae a look, 'You should /so/ go with him.'
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:22 am

Rae glanced between the two and Eridanus was looking at her with an expression that said help. "Alright, I'll come. If they're here when we're not back, then..." She shrugged. "I'm sure Sweets is going to have a lot of opportunities to meet them." She was pretty sure someone was amused by the impromptu nickname she gave.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:52 am

"Off we go, then," Erin motioned to her and put his hand on her back as he turned to close the cart door before Lily could escape. "Sweets? Is it because I gave you all candy?" he asked, amused, and dropped his hand after realizing it was there. After griping at Sheba, he didn't really have the right to be all over Rae.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 1:09 am

"Pretty much." Rae admitted as she put her hands in her pockets. They walked along the corridor, sometimes having to move to the side so that first years who were running up and down the train could get passed them. "I thought it suited you and I'm sure I'm going to see the bag of candy often around Hogwarts. Might as well call you Sweets now before someone else tries to."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 1:32 am

Erin laughed, "So you've called dibs on the nickname I see." They made their way through half the train without much incident, and he even smiled at the cart lady as she went by. Then they heard identical voices pestering someone. Looking over, he saw a pair of ginger haired twins messing with who he believed was their older brother in Prefect robes. Shaking his head, he was sure once they got kicked out, they'd head for Sheba. Moving on, he looked down at her, "What's your opinion on young love? Sheba's parents were childhood friends, separated at a young age, and met again when they were...what was it...thirteen and fourteen respectively? They're stuck together like glue."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 2:33 am

"Are we talking about the crush that Sheba has on the twins?" Rae asked as she looked over her shoulder towards where they had came from before turning back ahead. "I don't know. Crushes and "young love" are two very different things. Though I suppose it could happen. I mean, it won't be anything serious surely. Puppy love if anything, but...my opinion on it?" She made a bit of a face as she shrugged. "I can't say for sure. I'm not really into romance."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 2:44 am

"Makes sense, neither am I," Erin agreed, "At least not until I'm thirteen and ya know, puberty. Right now I just don't care. Sheba's teasing is amusing though, so I entertain her. She's a romantic at heart. She constantly harps on Uncle Rem that he needs to find a mate right along with Aunt Eri. They hate seeing people alone." He eyed her, "What about Bria? Do you think she'll fall for the other twin? She seems the mischievous type herself."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 2:48 am

"Your poor Uncle Rem." Rae sighed. "If I had to deal with that type of constant badgering, I'd live with my grandmother. She's constantly always trying to set her grandkids up you know?" She was thoughtful for a moment before nodding. "I think that's actually a good idea. Thirteen? Really?" She looked at Erin for a bit before whistling. "Wow. I don't think I would consider dating by then. Maybe when I'm fourteen. I'm not in any rush."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 2:53 am

"Well, thirteen is when the interest starts to set in, and guys and girls start checking each other out," Erin shrugged, "That's two years from now, though. Things change. Maybe I won't even date until I'm out of Hogwarts, who knows. It's a big world, I want someone to catch my interest first. I don't want to be a player."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 2:56 am

"That makes me sound bad. I like experimenting. If I find someone whose interesting then I want to try it out regardless if their my type or not." Rae admitted, rubbing the back of her neck. "Not in a player way though no. I really hope I don't wind up like that. But if I'm in a relationship I want to be committed and if I'm not, then meh." She shrugged. "I'm pretty mellow when it comes to things like that...I hope I don't come off like a player."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 3:03 am

"Not actively searching to break hearts makes it so you're not a player, at least that's my logic. Staying together for a few months makes a relationship. A few weeks and you're just being used or are using them," Erin shrugged. They reached the front of the train and his eye caught another ginger boy with one that had...really messy black hair...like his Uncle James. He had only photos of Lily and James, but that boy looked like a carbon copy of his father. Curiosity got the better of him, and he knocked on the door before peeking his head in, "Excuse me...Is your name by any chance...Harry? Harry Potter, even?"

Harry was starting to get royally annoyed, and attempted to smooth his hair down over his scar, "What if I am?"

"You look...like your dad," Erin murmured. That made those green eyes shoot up and stare at him in shock. Uncle Rem would tell him Harry had his mother's eyes. What...a vivid shade of green.

"My father? How do you know that?" Harry watched him suspiciously.

"May we come in?" Erin asked his own question. When Harry nodded he motioned to Rae to join him. The ginger haired boy moved to sit next to Harry instead, taking his limp rat with him.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:51 pm

Rae's eyes went wide. "Is that a rat?"

"Yeah. This is Scabbers. Don't worry, he won't attack you or anything. He just sleeps alot." Ron said as he shifted the rat. "Useless thing really." He looked at the two of them. "Who are you?"

"That's Sweets, also known as Erin." Rae nodded at Erin. "And I'm-"

((OOC: I think it would be quite funny if Erin introduces Rae as Strawberry since she introduced him as Sweets.))
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 3:48 pm

"Strawberry," the first word that came to mind was out his mouth. Noticing her look, he shrugged, "What? You gave me a nickname, now it's my turn. You do have that pinkish tint to your blond hair in the right light."

"Erin..." Harry spoke when he was done, "You said...I look like my dad. How do you know that?"

Erin rubbed his neck, not too sure if it was a good idea to have said that, "My Uncle and Mum keep old photographs of them, as well as my Aunt and her mate."

"Mate?" Harry looked at him oddly.

"Yes, I'm sorry, her husband. I grew up listening to wolf terms," Erin's face tinted pink, "Their daughter and my cousin is on the train right now, though on the opposite end. We're all first years like you. Uncle Rem did say you might be on the train this year with us." This was one of the main reasons he'd wanted to leave, to see if it was true.

"So...your parents grew up with mine or something?" Harry asked eagerly.

Erin's face softened, "Yes...though my mum...she was cursed with a very badly done /Obliviate/ spell, so pieces of her memory are missing or spotty at best..." Harry's expression was confused, "Think amnesia light. I forget that Uncle Rem also said you'd grown up in the muggle world like me."

Harry was relieved he found someone who'd /get/ it, "That's fine."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Rae's expression softened at the story. Wow. That was an awful curse to go through. Whoever did it and was bad at it probably had been shaking or was scared. She knew enough about the First Wizarding war to know that his mother probably had gotten off lucky. A sad fact, but very true. Especially if the person was unsure about what he was doing. Or she for that matter. Death Eaters weren't exactly discriminate.

Ron on the other hand looked fascinated. "Are you a muggleborn or a half?" He asked, eagerly. "My dad's into a lot of muggle artifacts and stuff. He's always fascinated by your guys world. He's been trying to get something to bewitch to fly. Dunno what it is yet. Top secret he says. But he thinks that if it goes over well, the muggles will enjoy it too."

"Your dad works with the muggle division in the Ministry?" Rae questioned. "That's pretty neat. Normally wizards and witches don't do that unless they have a muggle background."

Ron's face tinted pink.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 5:26 pm

"Neither..." Erin shifted, "My parents are both magic folk...but...my grandmother was a muggle, who loved my wizard grandfather. So my blood's dirty, but only slightly. I just say I'm pureblood, for all intensive purposes. My grandmother had a bar which my mum took over and I was raised in the muggle world, went to primary school...my Uncle's half, too, though I always thought of him like a father...he helped raise me since my dad wasn't there, so...yeah."

Harry gave him a sympathetic look, "At least it sounds like you have a loving family."

"Indeed," Erin nodded, "I am...sorry about your parents, Harry. Uncle Rem always said they were great people, and not just to agree with the rest of the world."

"Because he knew them personally," Harry smiled.

"Exactly. So, don't ever doubt them, Harry, or what anyone says. Of course they had their enemies, but they were good people with twice as many friends," Erin explained.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 5:37 pm

"Oh that reminds me." Rae turned to Ron. That was enough solemn, heartbreaking, heart-wrenching stories for the day. "I have to ask for all good reasons, are your brothers single?"

Ron stared at Rae like she just grew another head, "Why in the world do you want to know?"

"Because Sweet's cousin and my best friend have a thing for rowdy, mischievous twins who we just passed who was annoying their older brother. Almost got shoved out of the compartment when I turned to look." Rae beamed. "So, are they?"

"What are you going to do if I said no or yes?"

"Nothing. It's for my amusement to know while they fumble around trying to figure it out themselves. Don't worry, I promise you they're not going to be rabid fangirls. I can't promise however that they're not going to start a pranking war in the Gryffindor common room. If they get that House. We all know you will though. Both of you more or less." Rae explained while she glanced out the window. Nothing but fields and an open sky.

"Don't say that." Ron groaned. "If they start a pranking war in the common room then Percy's gonna toss a fit and howlers are going to be everywhere."

"Too late! I probably jinxed it already. Oops!"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 5:46 pm

"I call Sheba and...who was it...Fred, verses Bria and George," Erin piped up happily, glad for the subject change, "Percy's the Prefect for Gryffindor, then? Saw him trying to pin his badge on his robes while shouting at the twins to take a hike."

Harry chuckled, "We're in for a long year, Ron. I hope they don't blow the place up." Though they did promise Ginny a toilet seat...so /something/ was going to get blown up if wasn't the whole common room.

"What year are your brothers in?" Erin asked curiously to Ron.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 5:51 pm

"They're third years. Annoying really." Ron rolled his eyes, though didn't look at all to be annoyed. "They're always doing something. Blowing stuff up and trying to send us things that really shouldn't be sent. They're always tricksters and they come up with bigger and bigger stuff to do. They love annoying the professors too."

"Sounds like a trip." Rae whistled. "Next time someone demands to know why I'm in a different house from the lot of you, I can just point to the twins and ask if they want to deal with that twenty four seven. I already feel bad that you two are going to have to do it."

"What House are you hoping for?"

"Ahh. Let's see what I get when the Sorting Hat is put on my head." Rae said, waving it aside. "As much as I like to publicly announce it, I am currently very outnumbered. Anymore and I'll have to somehow find myself a grave to dig."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 6:01 pm

Erin couldn't help the giggle that escaped him and he patted her shoulder, "I find you a nice shovel to dig it with. I look forward to breakfast tomorrow once everyone's been Sorted. Mum told me there's not usually a lot of people at breakfast, and you can sit with anyone. Same with lunch. Then dinner's formal so you stick with your house."

Harry found this to be useful information, "I could sit at a Hufflepuff table if I wanted to during breakfast and lunch?"

"Something like that. That's what my Uncle Raiden did all the time - my Aunt Eri's husband, should've given names before, sorry, I can be forgetful. It was either the Hufflepuff table or the kitchens," Erin smiled.

"The kitchens? It's such a big school, surely they wouldn't be allowed in there?" Harry was gawking at him.

Erin laughed, "Aunt Eri ruled the kitchens back then. At first it was just her and Uncle Raiden, then eventually the whole lot of them ended up there. It became their spot. Aunt Eri even got little Ada the house elf freed so Ada could live with her instead."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 6:07 pm

"Wow." Ron stared at Erin with surprise and shock. "Dumbledore let your aunt have a Hogwarts House-elf? That's insane. Kind and generous, but insane. I can't imagine what she had to do to get her freed."

"Considering what I know about Hufflepuffs, I bet all she had to do was have high grades, kept a cool head, and asked if it was alright. I bet the Elf was already attached to her anyway." Rae shrugged.

"How do you get that from knowing what a Hufflepuff is?"

"I'm magic. Also I get the feeling that his Aunt Eri is the kind type of woman. Same with his Uncle Raiden since he's an Auror and all."

"That's why the name's familiar!" Ron snapped his fingers. "I was trying to figure out why that was bothering me."

"Oh what do you know," Rae was beaming. "Your Uncle's famous in the Weasley family, Sweets."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter Book Role Play   Harry Potter Book Role Play - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter Book Role Play
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next