Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynx-Tiger

What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:43 pm

Riko whistled and Kenren sat up straighter. Mai's cheeks flamed, but she stood up, putting her cup to the side. "Well," Riko said calmly as she thought about it. "I suppose that if you two are going to be our dances, I could come up with a song."

Kenren smirked, looking at his friend and then turned to Ran. "This is going to be interesting. I never /seen/ Tenpou dance. This could be really cute or end in disaster."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:46 pm

"Excuse me, I dance just fine. You'd probably be the stumbling, drunken fool." Tenpou stuck his nose in the air in mock offence.

Konzen snorted and rolled his eyes, but he took another small sip and paid closer attention to Riko, interested in what song she might sing.

Kaede looked at Goku, "Should we dance, too? I know how!"
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 8:59 pm

"Yeah!" Goku grabbed Kaede's hand and dragged let himself get dragged towards the middle of the circle. Riko thought about it for a moment before she started singing.

"Go on and close~ the curtains.
Cuz all we need~ is candlelight
You and me~
and a bottle of wine
to hold you tonight.
"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 9:12 pm

"From zero to a hundred as some would say." Tenpou's trench coat moved around him as he placed a hand on her hip and took her other hand in his. He had moved a little further out from the group and closer to the cherry tree so he would have more room to dance, and he smiled down at her, her gorgeous deep blue eyes with that spark in them he loved so much, and flowing black hair. Soft pale skin and a smile he was sure she didn't know she teased him with. He would miss her, truly.

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Mai held his hand gently and noticed that he was looking at her with love and with wistfulness. They all knew that trouble was just right around the corner. Kenren and Tenpou were military men, they were action orientated. She knew that whatever happened, it would be war and maybe not one that they would come unscathed from. "Well, at least we're not zero to sixty because that's just shameful."

"Well we know~, I'm going away
How I wish-I wish it weren't so.
So take this wine~ and drink real deep
Let's delay our misery.
"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Tenpou broke his eyes away from Mai's for a brief moment to look at Riko in a bit of shock, but he smiled woefully and returned his full attention to Mai, doing a spin for her to make up for his delay, and went back to the graceful slide across the grass and fairy-like swirls of their bodies. He wanted to get lost in it. That was the point. The words truer than he anticipated, he didn't want to think about it. He just wanted to enjoy himself with her as much as he could.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 10:09 pm

"Save~ tonight and fight the break of dawn~
Come~ tomorrow- Tomorrow I'll be gone.
Save~ tonight and fight the break of dawn~
Come~ tomorrow- Tomorrow I'll be gone."

Mai knew that Riko had a good thought of where everything was heading. She knew that everyone could die, some could live, or they'd get all out miraculously. She knew that Tenpou needed her support, no matter his decision. He told her that it was going to get harder, and she could feel it. She could feel it on her back, and it was a breaking weight.

But she promised him her. Therefore, that's exactly what he'd get. If she was going to be a military wife, then it was up to her to make sure that she did exactly what she should do. Fight. Fight as hard as she could. She knew that killing wasn't her thing, she knew that maybe, one day that'll happen, but if she could spare lives while fighting, then surely he wouldn't fault her for it.

Tomorrow would come and they'd be together. No matter what it looked like and that was her resolve. She hoped that this dance and her smile would take away tomorrow's pain. She hoped that he knew, that he knew that he wasn't leaving her behind.

"There's a log~
On the fire~
and it burns~ like me for you
Tomorrow comes~ with one desire
To take me away -its true.

It ain't easy~ to say goodbye
Darlin please~ don't start to cry
Cause girl you know I got to go
And Lord I wish it wasn't so."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 10:37 pm

"I love you, Mai." Tenpou whispered low in her ear as his hand moved from her hip to her waist, pulling her ever tighter and dancing slower. He didn't want to let her go. It was irrational, but he just wanted to stay right here. At least he would have this moment to carry with him. "I promised to always keep you on your toes. I will keep that promise. Should we make it through this storm, I want to go to the hotsprings in the mountains of your home. I want to see what you have to offer, because really, there isn't much for you here."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 10:42 pm

Her heart skipped a beat. Zero to a hundred and fifty was probably the next leap. She let herself be pulled close and she smiled at him. She was so in love with him, he probably already knew, but it was still nice to say it. "I love you too." She murmured quietly. "That would be fun. I'd show you our home, what we do. I know there isn't much for me here, but...will there be something for you there?" She looked at him curiously. "I'll go where you go."

"Save~ tonight and fight the break of dawn
Come~ tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll be gone
Save~ tonight and fight the break of dawn
Come~ tomorrow, tomorrow I'll be gone.

Tomorrow comes~ to take me away
I wish that I~, that I could stay
But girl you know I've got to go (oh)
And Lord I wish wasn't so."
Riko sang the chorus a few more times before just humming under her breath and letting the song fade, but of course, letting them have their moment.

She just hoped Kenren or Ran or anyone really wouldn't break the spell just yet. Just yet.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 11:36 pm

Tenpou danced with her thoroughly through it all and he simply held her for a minute afterwards, breathing in her scent and enjoying how well she fit against him. A calm gentle wave that was them could turn into a raging hurricane in no time flat just as well. Not to night, though. As heartbreakingly romantic as that would be, he wouldn't put her through that. Let her enjoy this for it's purity. Pulling away he took a deep breath and got onto his knee, smiling softly as she gasped even though he knew secretly she knew where this had been going. "I went traditional and simple, I hope you don't mind." Nothing fancy, nothing outrageous. No color, just...he pulled a silver ring with a single diamond in the middle from his coat pocket and didn't even ask, just slipped it on her finger, "Gensui Mai has a fun ring to it, doesn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 11:39 pm

Kenren did a howl whistle, "Get it!" He shouted.

Riko grinned widely as she listened to this scene. She wished a little that she could see this. See what her friend's face looked like and see how Tenpou was looking at her friend. She knew that Tenpou loved Mai, loved her dearly. This wasn't something made lightly. Even with a war brewing at the edges, this was theirs. She sighed in content. Her friend will be happy with this bliss, no matter how short or long it turns out to be.

"It does." Mai said, going down to his level and embraced him before giving him a kiss, making Kenren laugh and cheer. She laughed when she pulled away. "Kenren's gonna want to throw you a party after this."

"I call it!" Kenren turned to Ran. "You're helping me get the booze."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 12:08 am

"Wouldn't miss it for the world!" Ran agreed with a cheer of her own, "Way to go Mai!"

Kaede jumped up and down, holding onto Goku's hand, "That was so sweet, Mai!" she giggled as Tenpou got them to stand and he dipped her back in a bit more passionate of a kiss, "Congratulations!"

Konzen even cracked a smile, "Good for you." He said when Tenpou broke his kiss.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 12:12 am

"Thank you all!" Mai was so happy, and Konzen looked so pleased that his friend was happy too. It made her excited and that much more determined to make sure that she followed through her resolve. She wasn't going to let any of them down. Not on her life.

The party stayed in full swing for a bit longer, but then the kiddos were the ones that dropped off first. Konzen took Goku, and Riko managed to maneuver Kaede onto her back. They were the first ones to leave. Ran, Kenren, Mai, and Tenpou stayed for just a bit longer, but Mai had to leave as well as Ran. They bid their goodbyes, Mai more passionately than Ran, before they left.

Now they were heading back. Kenren was going to go to the barracks and get some shut eye there, but he had a feeling that Tenpou wanted to talk to him about something. "That was a fast decision." He decided to break the ice, he knew how Tenpou could be. "I'm glad you made it."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 12:16 am

"Honestly, I'm a bit shocked you made such a rational choice. Usually, we're pretty predictable. It's not like me to do something like this. I did wait two months before asking her out. I only kissed Mai so forwardly first because I didn't want you and Ran to beat me." Tenpou glanced sideways at him, wondering if Kenren would catch on to what he meant.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 12:20 am

Kenren thought that was a bit weird to say and he looked at Tenpou curiously. "Why...would we? Did Ran say something to you about it?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "I know she came up to me with intention, but I don't know if she wanted company or not. She looked like she was torn, but I wasn't going to push her into talking about anything."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 12:25 am

"Oh, Ken..." Tenpou sighed, "You said you'd prefer to wait until after the storm, my friend. That stopped Ran pretty cold. She was going to kiss you. I don't know what's been happening between the two of you but she seemed to have made up her mind until that very second. She seems like she's secretly a very shy person, even if she talks big and meets you head on."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 6:37 pm

Kenren sighed, running his hand through his hair. "I wondered about that." He brought his hand down. "Not exactly sure running to her and kissing her will be the best thing either. Should I have made the first move?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 6:43 pm

"Being more forward and solid about your intentions might put her mind at ease. I don't know if you see her as someone you'd stay with, not like me and Mai, considering you enjoy women's company too much..." Tenpou hummed, thinking of the reason why Kenren was transferred to begin with. "Ran tries to play it off like she's not, but I sincerely believe she hasn't gone that far with anyone before. So she's shy. It was a spur-of-the-moment brave front she put on as she scrambled up that tree, but she was so easy to stop. She might think you don't really want that with her. I see her as a jealous type, but secretly. She wouldn't get in your face about her hurt or her feelings. That's troublesome, not talking things through."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 6:47 pm

"You and Mai basically had one date and then said let's get married, I don't think anyone could top that even if they tried." Kenren deadpanned but he took Tenpou's words into consideration and he sighed softly. "Damn. I messed up big. Don't think she'd appreciate me going after her now, however. She'll think you talked me into it. She wouldn't be /wrong/ but...I'd much rather her see it's my choice."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 6:59 pm

"You said after the storm, Kenren." Tenpou pointed out, "She's going to wait and see, just like you are. So, after whatever happens, happens, see what you want to do and how to do it. You're an actions speak louder than words sort of person. Use that to your advantage. She wants you. The /real/ question is if you want her."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 7:21 pm

"Then with actions it is." Kenren said as he reached over and flung his arm around Tenpou's shoulder. "We'll make it through the storm, Ten. We got things we gotta do. It'd be a crying shame if we died and we weren't able to finish what we started."
()
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 2:36 am

"Li Touten, we leave the present subjugation under your command."

"Understood."

Whatever was exchanged was muddled for Nataku. It went in one ear and out the other, and he only started to come back to the present when he heard a commotion. He felt the familiar ki before he heard the doors burst open and his name yelled into the room. He stood fully and turned to see Goku panting at the doors. "You..." Why are you here? You're not supposed to be here. It's dangerous. Go back. Get out while you can.

Then Goku grabbed him by the shoulders and he felt everything grow cold. He wasn't supposed to be friends with him. The world's color faded as Goku shook him a little. Pleaded with him. Asked him 'you wouldn't kill me, right, Nataku?' in this room full of people. Guards and military and higher-ups.

His father.

That wicked, solid hand touched his shoulder after Goku stepped back, and Nataku felt his body go numb. He couldn't move, couldn't pull away. Then those awful words he wished he could block out filtered through.

"Kill him. Here and now."

No. Goku, why did you have to come here?

Why?

'Kill him.'

Everything happened in a blur after that. Nataku wasn't even entirely sure what happened or how, just that his body moved. He had to defend his lord and master, his father, his creator, from Goku's attack. The kind General from before protected Goku. His father's echo 'kill him, too' pierced his mind and the fight exploded. The General proved very powerful in his own right, able to parry him quite well and hold his ground. Few had that sort of ki. Then the Marshal he served with was the next one to barrel after his father, and he flash-stepped to block, then flared his ki to send him flying so hard he spider-webbed the stone wall. He would have died if he were a lesser man from a broken spine. Kenren flash-stepped next to him, Goku running to join them both.

Kill.

Rising his sword up, he sent a wave of ki towards them through his sword down at the ground, uprooting the stone as it blasted across.

Then he stood there, the chaotic roar deafening. 'That's the power of a War Prince!' 'Make him stop.' 'So what?' Pieces were missing, but did it really matter?

'Kill. Kill. Kill him.'

Yet as he flash-stepped forward, Goku stood in /front/ of the two military men who had been shielding him. He didn't stand in a threatening way, either. Just...facing him. Smiling.

That smile.

Nataku stopped dead, an electric current shocking him from his stupor and the tip of his blade was at Goku's chain. Why was he smiling like none of this was happening?

"Let's go pick berries and watch the birds, Nataku."

"When I'm better, I'll show you more hiding places!"

"Goku..." He finally managed a word of his own. His hands gripped the blade tighter, and the two stood there as the doors burst open again, having been closed to contain the mayhem.

"Goku! Nataku!"

Kaede.

For the second time that day, his veins turned to ice. There was a flash of ki and shouts, and Nataku thought he had time. End it now, save them both. He moved to shove his blade into his own body just as he felt himself be jerked.

Again, everything went numb. This time for two reasons. He had already shoved his sword into himself, but it ended up in his shoulder instead of his neck. Then, at a scream behind him, the numbness from the pain turned to dread.

He injured Kaede as well.

His body slumped to the ground and he vaguely heard his sword clatter away from him. Kaede was, in fact, beside him, the two of them in a mixed heap and her blood quickly mixed with his. Everything was already turning black at the edges, but still he saw her...she was smiling at him just like Goku had been.

What did he do to deserve either of them?

A deafening silence filled the room and that was the only thing he was aware of before his body gave out completely and he fell unconscious after seeing Kaede's eyes close and her body slump. She didn't deserve this.

None of them did.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 3:09 am

Tenpou felt like he was going to throw up, but he forced himself to numb to what was going on as Kenren and him rushed forward, Kenren scooping Kaede into a half-sitting position, cradling Riko's child close. Goku was stunned, covered in blood and he wasn't even sure how much was Nataku's and how much was Kaede's. He gritted his teeth and steeled himself with a thick swallow as Kenren shouted for medics, and he noticed Konzen arrive beside him, though he was uncertain for what to do.

Nataku coughed up blood and seemed to regains some sort of consciousness, grabbing Goku's wrist. There was something garbled, asking Goku if he saw the bird's nest. It didn't take long for him to go limp again.

Goku knelt down and shook Nataku, pleading with him to point it out, that he couldn't see it, and he had to show Kaede, too. It broke Tenpou's heart into a million pieces. Was this really the fate they'd sown? He expected a terrible storm, but nothing quite like this.

Konzen watched as Li Touten came and pulled Nataku from Kaede's body and Goku's hands and said something about Nataku 'still being of some use' and that sent Kenren into an uproar.

Konzen honestly was shocked how quickly things turned for the worst as soon as Goku chased after Li Touten, and he shouted for him. Guards blocked his path and he screamed louder over the shouts of orders and horror twisted his stomach as all of the guards surrounding and trying to apprehend Goku /disintegrated/ as soon as Goku's diadem broke. Their clothing, skin, muscle all was peeled away down to their very /bones/ as the power stripped their lesser beings.

More guards were ripped apart as Goku went savage, organs, heads, blood, bones...

"They picked up an interesting animal."

Konzen only half-listened as those around him discussed Goku's diadem.

Power equal to that of heaven.

Seiten Taisei.

Tenpou could only watch helplessly as events continued to unfold, Goku going after Li Touten like he had wanted from the beginning, and not even throwing Nataku was able to detour him, resulting in a gouge across the evil man's face, ripping out his eye.

Then Kenren challenged him. Pleading with him and then telling him to make him his opponent next.

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 3:11 am

"Well...isn't this showy. Cut it out. Jeez, you guys. If you fight that chibi...well, even if I didn't say, you already know."

"Kanzeon Bosatsu." Tenpou swallowed, and then to his utter astonishment he saw Riko beside her. "Riko...you're here?"

"What can I say. I had my mind set. Now here I am with an unexpected chess piece." Kanzeon shrugged.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 8:43 pm

"I am a listener and the walls aren't so thick I can't hear anything." Riko added with a small smile on her face as she held her staff closer. She could tell that the aura in the room was stricken. There was a scent of blood and gore heavy on the nose. A lot of blood had been shed, and lives lost. "I know what's been happening underneath your nose, Emperor and if you knew what was happening sooner, you would have only one death in your chambers today." She tilted her head. "I cannot approach you, not yet. The Saiten still is waiting for an attack or to start attacking at any minute. I'm strong, but I'm not strong against him. I'd die before I can do a thing."

"That's what I'm here for." Kanzeon stepped forward ahead of everyone else, "Don't think badly of me." She said to Konzen, before catching Seiten's eye, "Come on, chibi. Time to settle things."

What on earth was she doing? Konzen glanced between her and Goku, and there were shouts as he bolted towards her, bloodied claws out and ready to strike. "Stop!" he gasped, only to be stunned as she easily knocked Goku away with a swift back-hand, smashing him into a wall and creating a second dent like Goku had done to Tenpou.

"Energetic, isn't he?" Kanzeon smiled as Seiten bounced back, even more enraged now than before. Reaching up she caught his arm and smashed the boy into the stone floor, knocking him out in the process. "I hope you forgive me, Seiten Taisei."

"No more!" Konzen jumped forward, even though he wasn't sure what was going to happen next. He had his aunt by her wrist and she gave him an approving smile. "Don't regret any of this."

"I won't." Konzen scooped up Goku when she moved off of him, and looked at Riko, "What now?"

"Take him somewhere safe. All of you." Riko said kindly. "Mai's waiting with Ran. You know where Ten-chan. Everything else...well. Don't worry about it. Can I trouble you to bring Kaede as well?"

"I'm on it." Kenren said, taking the young girl into his arms and heaving her up. "She's lighter than feather are you /sure/ you've been feeding her?" He jested, though it tasted wrong on his tongue. Something was about to go down and he wasn't sure he liked the outcome that was about to happen. What if Riko couldn't get through the emperor?

Riko just smiled. "It might be safe to have an escort, but...I'm afraid I don't know who's in here you trust. I'm sorry I'm not much help in that."

"Well. We can take care of two birds with one stone, huh, Kenren?" Tenpou rubbed the back of his neck. They wouldn't be coming back here, ever. "Goujun?" He looked around for him, knowing he'd heard him yell earlier.

"I'll escort them." Goujun said as he approached his way through the small crowd that was /still/ alive. He looked at the mess and he glanced over at Riko and Kanzeon. Both of which were ready. Kanzeon was probably here to just watch. It all hinged on Riko, and whether or not she had information that could help with what happened today. "Answer me one thing." Riko tilted her head. "If you knew what you know, why didn't you say anything earlier?"

"Because no one would listen." Riko said honestly. "And now a lot of things are confused."

Goujun nodded, understanding her tactic and he turned towards Tenpou. "Your office, I'm assuming. Let's go. We'll only cause trouble here."

This way they could also peacefully give their resignations. Tenpou nodded and decided to lead the way, Goujun in the back, Konzen with Goku, Kenren with Kaede in the middle, protected. He ignored the mutterings as they all left the room. "Is she still breathing?" he decided to ask Kenren now that there was silence and they could calm down a bit.

"Yes, but shallow. If Mai's a good healer, then she'd better take a look at her asap." Kenren said adjusting her. "Nataku went in for a killing strike, so he wasn't holding back anything."

Running wouldn't do any good, but they could quicken their pace anyhow. "I don't know what I expected, but none of this was it. We created a real mess."

"It needed to happen." Konzen was stubborn about that fact, "Sometimes, bad things need to happen for people to get a clue."

"How wise from the man who preferred to keep signing and stamping papers all day." Tenpou hummed, and smiled softly at Konzen's growl.

"Riko's rubbed off on him." Kenren said as he picked up the pace himself, though his strides were a bit longer than most. "You can hear it in his voice. She basically just said the same thing back there when Goujun asked."

"Why refute the truth?" Konzen grunted, shifting Goku a bit as well, also using the length of his legs to walk faster and keep up with Kenren's pace. "I wonder, are we going to basically be prisoners held up in your office until this blows over?"

"No...I don't think so. Riko mentioned Mai. I hope that means what I think it means." Tenpou furrowed his brows.

"Exile into their district?" Kenren offered. "Because right now, I think that's what this little one on my back might need."

"I wonder how she'd manage to do that, considering it's an office and as far as I'm aware, Kaede's the only earth goddess of that district." Goujun said slowly.

"Ah! The waterfall!" Tenpou smacked his fist into his hand as realization came to him, "Mai's water. She can create water portals!"

Kenren was just going to have to take Tenpou's word about that. Especially when they entered the office and heard a loud gushing sound coming from the bathroom. Ran was over by the door, her sword out like she was ready to fight. "Just us and a friend."

"You guys...shit, Kaede! Goku!" Ran's eyes went huge and she came over, sheathing her sword and she saw Kaede's wound, the blood turning darker as it dried and it covered Kenren's jacket. Goku was also covered in blood, fresh, but...she could tell it wasn't his. "Go, go, the bathroom."

"Ah...Ran, could you take Kaede? Kenren and I have to take care of something with Goujun." Tenpou urged. Ran didn't waste any time, being very gentle as she and Kenren passed Kaede off, and Ran went with Konzen to his bathroom. How genius. He would have to give Mai a good pat on the back later. As for right now...he looked at Kenren and nodded.

Ran heard the two giving their resignations as she re-joined Mai and watched her friend's face contort in horror. "Hold the portal a little longer. They're coming."

Mai looked at her in worry, "I can do this all day." She promised her friend. But she tried to keep the expression off of her face. The portal was like a whirlpool in the bath, only instead of a floor at the bottom there was a deep blue color and sunlight. There was noises at the other end, garbled but there. Apparently, the portal was made close to the shoreline, so that if no one knew how to swim, they didn't have to go far to reach it. "They're giving it all up. Just like they said...things are bad aren't they? Worse than we thought..."

"You walk in, and walk out." Mai said gently. "I had a feeling none of knew how to swim so I made it close to the shore. There's people on the other side of it, so if you loose your footing or something, they'll catch you. You'll only get a little wet."

Mai let out a slow breath as she watched her friend disappear and when the door opened again, Kenren was looking highly amused. "You sure pick the weirdest times to want to take a bath, Mai."

"Oh I was just planning on drowning you and leaving you for dead." Mai said, her smile thin. “You sure you want to give up what you got here?”

Kenren shrugged. “What else do we got?” He gently patted her shoulder. “Your district sounds more like something we’d strive to have than here anyway. Ran’s over there, too and I got a promise to keep.” He walked through the portal, muttering something about it being weird.

Though then again, if she was the one in this kind of situation and she was going through a water portal she never been through before, weird wouldn’t even be the icing on the cake. It’d be the cake itself. The icing would be everything on the other side.

"Goujun is leaving. So will Riko be coming another way?" Tenpou joined her last.

Mai nodded, "She'll be okay. She wanders just like Ran so she'll be home when she comes home. She'll probably stay till Nataku is okay to travel. Like she'd leave that poor boy where he's at."

"I hope you know someone knows how to take care of Goku...his diadem broke. When he wakes up, he might attack again." Tenpou frowned, but he headed for the portal. He was a little startled to suddenly be wading through water, but it wasn't too deep. His jacket weighed behind him, so he reached and took it off, draping it over his arm instead just as Mai came through, the portal closing behind her.

So that was that. Sealing off the old chapter and beginning a new one.

~*~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next