Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Hello friend! Plz log in :3
Insanity is our Friend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for a select group of friends

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireCat92
Admin

What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 9:48 pm

"You know, honestly, when I think festival I think party and fun times, not festival as in huge gathering of people to hear a speech." Ran drawled, highly unimpressed.

"You should live with us then," Mai said cheerfully as she adjusted the clip in her hair. "I was telling Tenpou the other day that we know how to throw a party."

"That sounds wonderful. I do have to ask, where are we going now that that disaster is done and over with?" Ran looked over at them and that was when she heard shouting and then the sudden shattering of glass made her look up. She held her arm up to block from the falling pieces and that was when she saw a falling leather ball. It came straight down towards Riko, but Ran wasn't able to reach her in time before it plopped right onto her head.

Riko let out a sharp yelp as she held her head where the ball had hit her. Mai looked up at the window where she heard Kenren's howling with laughter and Konzen shouting something or another. "Were they...playing ball in side the-" She broke off when she saw that Riko was holding the ball in her hands, head tilted up over at the voices. She already could tell that this was going to be a disaster in the making. "Ran get the ball away from Ri-chan. She's gonna murder someone with that."

"They tried to murder me! It's fair game!" Riko clutched the ball tight against her chest. "Ran you know how this goes. You hit me, I hit back."

"Hell no, I had no intention of it!" Ran waved her hands, "Though, if you give it to me, I /will/ throw it at whoever held the bat."

"What you think I can't do it?" Riko's cheeks flamed.

Mai face palmed. "Do we really want to break another window?"

"Ka-san, you're blind. You won't be able to tell who has the bat." Kaede pointed out.

Riko did think about that. It could be that she could hit Goku without meaning to. She passed the ball to Ran. "Avenge me." She growled.

"Jesus you're dramatic." Mai deadpanned.

"I will, oh mighty one. I'll be sure to get him right in the head, extra points if it's his face." Ran thumped her fist on her chest.

"Kaede please don't ever grow up to be like your mom." Mai sighed, pinching her nose. "And don't take cues from Ran."

Kaede giggled at Mai's exasperation, and the four of them headed into the building and up to Konzen's office, where there continued to be plenty of shouting. She decided to go first, opening the door and she ginned as she saw Goku being held around the neck by Konzen while Konzen dug his knuckles into the top of the monkey's head. "Hello!" She chirped.

"Kaede-chan! Pleasure meeting you here!" Tenpou looked over at her from his spot by the window, and then saw the woman with short brown hair and bright blue eyes inching around the doorframe. It seemed pretty suspicious an not like she was shy. Kenren had his back to the door, leaning on the baseball bat. Now. The question was, should he say something?

Kenren turned slightly just about to greet Kaede when a ball came flying at his face. He didn't have any time to dodge, let alone try to catch it. Goku let out a dramatic gasp and Keade was falling into a fit of giggles. The ball dropped slowly and he rubbed his nose where the ball managed to hit. "What the fuck was that for?!" He snapped, turning over to the woman who was...so familiar...."Wait I know you..."

"You..." Ran had thought she recognized him. He was certainly tall enough. Now she definitely knew. "Good to know that drug wasn't anything to worry about. I've been wondering if you talk that much normally or if it was just delirium."

Tenpou smiled slowly, and then saw Riko and Mai had joined the fray, "So it all finally comes full circle and everyone gets to meet everyone." He walked around and he was going to bow to Riko, but noticed the paleness to her eyes. Blind, that's right. So instead he took her hand and shook it, a more Western style of greeting, "It's a pleasure to meet you, too, Riko-san."

"Tenpou right?" Riko asked, smiling as she shook back with the same firmness that he gave her. It was quite nice that someone figured out another way to greet her, since bowing wouldn't be doing much. She could feel the callouses of his hand and she could smell cigarette smoke linger as well as a scent of books and papers and ink. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Mai won't shut up about you."

"Haha! Is that right?!" Kenren grinned as she spoke and looked over at Mai whose cheeks were tinting a pretty pink. "Well, Tenpou has a good eye after all. You're a cutie." He looked over at Ran. "You have some nice looking friends. I thought you were the lone wolf type."

"Oh don't get her wrong, she is the lone wolf type. I'm trying to tame her." Riko beamed.

"Tame nothing you just told her throw that ball in Kenren's face." Mai sighed again.

"What? Why?!" Kenren looked horrified.

"It landed on her head because some dumbasses were playing ball /inside the building/!" Ran stared at him.

"Ah, yes, well, that was a bit of an oversight on my part as well. It hit Konzen's ink pot and he threw it, to which Kenren deflected." Tenpou explained.

"Ten-chan was teaching me how to play baseball!" Goku cheered from his position. "Sorry that you got hit, Ri-chan. That had to hurt."

"Boys." Riko sighed but it was fond. "Alright. I forgive you. Since you took the hit so well too."

"Jeez thanks?" Kenren stared at her for a moment before shaking his head. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned really does have a motto with you doesn't it?"

"More like eye for an eye." Riko smiled a little. "I was actually determined to throw it at you myself."

"Since she's blind and all I vowed to avenger her honor." Ran smirked.

"Mai doesn't know what to do with them." Kaede told Goku, "She told me not to turn out like either of them."

Konzen snorted at that, "I should've said that, considering Goku was quick to jump into mayhem with Tenpou and Kenren."

"That sounds like a story." Riko titled her head towards Konzen's direction. "Does it have something to do with the fight that I heard that was going on?"

Konzen just groaned, "That's going to hit ever corner of our side of heaven in no time."

"Well, better that rumor than some of the ones I've been hearing." Mai offered, lightly. "But people will get distracted easily enough, so I wouldn't worry about it. At least you guys weren't bored outta your minds."

"Yeah, we tend to ditch when we can." Kenren rolled his eyes, "Lesser gods on the other hand is pretty much a requirement. Military and all."

"I feel bad for you. We stayed to listen to the whole thing." Ran made a face. "At least you got to have fun with a brawl. Too bad I didn't see it. I've been itching to do /something/. I'm not about to start a bar fight, either, though."

Kaede smiled at Goku, "I saw Nataku up top, and he looks pale still but he seems better than he was, by the way. I'm sure from where he was he saw you."

"Really?! I'm glad that he's feeling better." Goku went up to Kaede. "We should try to visit him again. We really, really should. It'll feel better out of that cold room."

"Aw nothing wrong with a little fun. Just make it into a challenge. No one's gonna bat an eye." Kenren grinned at Ran. "That's what I did to make the brawl better."

"I bet you're hard to beat." Ran smirked back, "You were pretty damn stubborn the whole way back to your place that night. You weigh a ton, by the way. All that damn muscle. I had to use a little power boost to get you onto your own couch."

"Li is scary, so it might be best to wait a little while. Riko-chan helped me see him to give him some first aid, but I'm still nervous to go by there again." Kaede admitted.

Kenren looked over at Tenpou when Kaede said that and raised an eyebrow at his friend. Mai was starting to play with her index fingers, pushing them towards and then away from each other sheepishly.

"Li's not to terrifying yet." Riko said after a moment, breaking the silence. "But it is best to lay low for now. Don't want to encourage anything."

"Just watch yourself." Kaede shook her head fondly and she reached out, hugging him. She didn't want to think about Li and Nataku's horrible situation.

"I think it's getting pretty cramped in here." Ran piped up, "Did anybody have any plans today?"

"Besides laying low for a bit? Naw." Kenren shook his head. "I could make plans with you if you wanted. I know a good place for a drink I owe ya."

"I was thinking about getting my room cleaned, but that's best saved for an all-day thing. It's already well into the afternoon." Tenpou mused.

"I don't want to clean crap." Ran wrinkled her nose.

"Tomorrow would be fine. Kenren has a meeting tomorrow, so getting a drink probably wouldn't be a good idea." Tenpou shook his head.

Kenren laughed, "Don't worry, we'll make into an event. Come on." He gestured for her to follow him and Mai watched them go before shaking her head from side to side.

Tenpou sighed deeply, "Would you like to go somewhere with me then, Mai? Since the group is disbanding? We could go inform someone about the window, as the festival is over."

"That might be a good idea." Mai said with a laugh. "Oh darn, if I knew that I was gonna meet you, I could have brought you the book that I found. It's so interesting." Riko listened to her chatter as they also walked out, leaving only four now.

Konzen looked between Riko, Goku and Kaede. It was obvious Kaede needed something to take her mind off of what was going on, clinging to Goku tightly and Goku seemed concerned and confused about it. Running his hand through his hair, he sighed, "Goku, go get cleaning supplies to take care of the ink that's everywhere while I get a new bottle. Riko, will you walk with me?"

Riko smiled as she listened to Goku groan and Kaede laughing at the sound but they didn't seemed to be too troubled by it. "I'll walk with you." She said moving to the side since she knew that she was blocking the door. She followed him out the door, listening to Goku and Kaede talk as they went the opposite way.

"It seems we've all found someone to liven up the day-to-day life of nothingness." Konzen hummed as he kept close to her and let a little ki flow so he could walk faster than the first time they did this, "Kenren and Ran were certainly flirting, and I know for a fact Tenpou and Mai are dating now. Today was the first time meeting Kenren, however. Mai looks lovely, I actually have to agree with the drunkard. She lit up with the way she mentioned her book."

"She has a lighter step, and her voice is happier too." Riko tapped her bo staff methodically on the ground. While following Konzen's ki was a good idea, she also knew too well that she could get easily distracted and run into something that didn't have ki or didn't know she was blind. "Kenren's an interesting character. This is the first time I met him too. I almost feel bad I was going to throw a ball in his face...well...I did through Ran but...I think Ran kind of enjoyed doing it. She has violence running in her veins, but she's a good kid."

"She did mention fighting, but I can see that." Konzen turned a corner and opened the door to the supply room, going to the shelf with rows of ink pots, "Kaede seems to have also come to rely on Goku. She reached for him for comfort. It upsets me that she is so frightened by Li."

Riko pursed her lips together as she folded her arms. "Li's cold. He cares very little for the people that surrounds him. He only has his own ambitions to keep him warm at night and any...poor woman that he manages to woo into his bed." She shook her head and let out a sigh. "...Kaede should stay closer to you and Goku."

"That sounds ominous. Is there something you know that I don't?" That was an obvious question, but he came back to her now he had what he was after, and watched her closely.

Riko sighed softly, keeping secrets was dangerous. Especially now. "...I had a talk with Li. And Mai confirmed what he hinted. We suspect that, if Kaede continues to visit Nataku alone, even with me by her side, Li's going to do something to make her Nataku's bride. Mai doesn't want to confirm nor deny this, since she doesn't have the resources, but we also think that Li might go after Goku too."

Get Nataku and Kaede to have children to see if he could have an even more powerful puppet. It made Konzen's stomach twist. "Goku's competition." He concluded easily instead, "Tenpou did tell me he was working on something dealing with Li. Now I'm concerned."

"Tenpou has more resources than Mai and I put together." Riko bowed her head, her arms unfolding. "All she can do is speculate what rumors have made it through the grapevine, and I may have divine hearing, but if the walls are thick enough, I can't catch what's being said. I trust Tenpou. I know he told Mai what she told me. I know that he knows that I know too. He probably is hoping you know, so that when he figures out what's going on finally sheds some light, none of us are taken too badly off guard. We have a footing..at the very least."

"I used to not mind. It wasn't my problem, let someone else deal with it. It doesn't affect me." Konzen told her, looking towards the door. He hadn't closed it. He hoped no one was listening in, but he was sure she would know. He returned his attention to her, "Now it does affect me, because it affects those I'm close to."

Riko's shoulders lost tension and she let out a long breath. Whether it was relief or something else, it was hard to say. "That's good." She said, picking her head up. She couldn't see him, but she wondered, once again what he looked like. Mai told her. Kaede told her. But still. "Li's plans will have a harder time working. I'm really glad I didn't have to shake reason into you. I was fearful I was going to have to."

"Ever since Goku came into my life, things have changed. Therefore, I have to change as well. I'm still grumpy and irritable, but that's just me. I do care. I don't want to be left in the dark anymore." Konzen assured her, and he placed his hand on her arm, light and loose, "Let's go back, make sure the young heathens aren't making an even bigger mess."

For someone irritable and grumpy, he had a gentle hold and a softer heart. "Sounds like a plan to me." It made her so happy, to know that Konzen was little by little changing and she was thankful for Goku coming into his life. Being bored and having a reputation for it wasn't something to be proud of after all, but definitely being Goku's father-figure was.

~*~
Back to top Go down
https://friends-of-insanity.forumotion.com
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 12:28 am

"Honestly, this is nice." Ran sighed softly and leaned back in her chair. They had sake between them and a single cup each so far, but it was going to be a great night by the sheer taste. Talk about good stuff. "Since Riko snatched me up, I haven't exactly left her side."

"She has you on a leash or are you just trying to find a way to wander?" Kenren asked as he leaned back casually, the cup easily balanced on his fingers. "It's dangerous to let a blind woman lead, but she's a lot more sturdy than those with eyes open."

"Trying to find a way to wander. I enjoy Riko, she's fun. I'm just..." Ran sighed, "I'm not supposed to have connections. No strings attached. Always moving. I'm a mercenary. People here don't like that, so I've been laying low anyway."

"That sounds like a boring way to live." Kenren said taking a sip of his drink. "It sounded like to me that you were having loads of fun with Riko when she told you to throw a ball at my face, and Kaede certainly seemed happy that you were part of the group. Maybe you should grow connections and strings. Wanderings good and all, but doing it alone will just swallow you whole."

"I was upset with the stars the night I helped you. Riko heard me, which is interesting considering the things she said I didn't speak out loud. She told me to stay, and here I am." Ran savored the sweet burn in her throat. "Shit here's pretty intense. I wonder if it was a good idea to be here. Fun and jokes aside, I don't know any of you. I don't have a loyalty to anyone." She leaned forward, her chin in her left hand, elbow on the table watching him. "If I make connections and tie strings, then I'm here to stay."

"Well, considering Tenpou's been chasing after Mai since the moon and the sun separated from each other's arms, and Konzen's finally having a sexual reawakening, I think you'd be alright if you stayed around." Kenren gave her a small smile as he leaned forward, placing the cup on the table. "Things are intense." His eyes narrowed slightly. "And they might get a little worse. But that's alright. What's life without a little risk, hmm?"

"What's your idea of a risk?" Ran arched a brow, "Drinking on a work night? Drinking /at/ work on the job? You job in general?"

"A risk is doing something you're terrified of doing but doing it anyway." Kenren answered, leaning back again. "I mean, this life can get really dull up here. We don't have seasons. We're stricter than your grandmother's underwear, everything's about status, but...it's so easy to rile up people. But risk-taking? You have to figure out what frightens you, and then saying fuck that and doing what you can to conquer it till the next fear shows up. Of course, another risk that's a little more dangerous besides that, is an easy one. Knowing the truth."

"A risk to me is something that gets your blood pumping. Is that what you're going for? The adrenaline and rush?" She finished her second cup and poured herself a third, topping his off in the process. "The truth hurts. The real question is whether or not someone's got balls enough to handle it or to find out."

"And there you have it." Kenren beamed, pleased as peaches. "Though I think the adrenaline rush I feel is the heart attack I get when Tenpou decides to be reckless. He's terrifying when he thinks he can handle a fight by himself. He's a good fighter, don't get me wrong, but sometimes he forgets that he has people at his back."

Ran laughed low, "Yeah, I think I might end up doing the same if I got into a big fight with any of you as my comrades. If you're used to fighting alone, or want to keep people safe, you run off." She took a sip, "Tenpou was real concerned when I told him you were drugged, so you must've knocked some sense into him."

"Oh he's always been a kind of mother hen." Kenren smiled warmly, "But that drug...I would have noticed it if I hadn't been so preoccupied. I think that's what also got himself into a twist. It wasn't usual for either of us to be caught off guard by something simple as that. Especially since I'm the moron that actually /drank/ the damn thing. I still feel embarrassed about that." He ran his hand down his face, and leaned forward. "I appreciated it though. Getting him for me. I'm sorry you had to deal with my stubbornness all the way through. But at the same time, I'm kind of glad I gave you a hard time. Meant I wasn't close to dying yet."

"The woman you were oogling had some great knackers, and the game crowd you were with were rowdy. No one noticed but me, honestly. I always watch the people at the bar. There's been a time or two where I've had to save a lady from the same fate." Ran assured him, and she stayed right where she was as he got far enough into her personal space that she could smell his scent of smoke and the hint of something darker, headier. It reminded her of when she carried him all the way back home. "You were right, I am a pretty stubborn ass woman. I fought you back tooth an nail the whole way, and I still kept my promise to leave you alone."

"Did I say that?" Kenren cracked up. "Well, I must have done something right in order for you to continue to talk to me then. Normally when I insult someone, it's a slap to the face or a insult back or both." He looked at her fondly. "I'm glad you kept your promise. I hate being vulnerable like that, and especially after an attack. I'm surprised I didn't /attack/ you."

"You tried to push me off, but I used logic against you. You didn't like that, grumbled at me." Ran grinned toothily, "Must've reminded you of Tenpou or something, using reason. How rude of me, I know." She flourished her hand in a sassy way and took a good drink, laughing, "I'm glad you appreciate my efforts, though, Kenren. That does make me happy that I didn't secretly piss you off. I honestly kind of thought you were amusing."

"Tenpou would say I'm annoying, so I'm glad I was able to bring you some entertainment. You're pretty with that laugh of yours, I wonder if I can get you to laugh more tonight." Kenren couldn't help himself /but/ to drop a line.

Ran felt her neck warm before it reached her cheeks and she ducked her head. Her breath was caught, and she didn't know how to properly react. She could try and come up with a sassy comeback, their shared humor and sass was rolling well, but it didn't seam right. "You're wit and jokes are easy to laugh along with. As long as you don't become a stick in the mud, I think you'll hear me laugh plenty. I like yours, too."

"God, heaven forbid I turn out to be like Konzen. Though I hear that Riko might be able to get him to loosen up some. Goku already did most of the heavy work." Kenren chuckled and he held his hand out to her. "Sounds to me then we have ourselves a deal. I won't be boring and I'll get to hear that laugh of yours."

A tie. A connection. If Ran took his hand she knew there was no turning back. Was that what Riko was hoping for? She met his eyes and he was patient, just watching her, and this was it. This was type of risk he meant. She took a breath, and when she clamped her hand around his in a firm grip, he returned it with gusto, looking proud as his eyes lit up. "You better not let me down."

Kenren's smile reached his eyes and he gripped her hand tightly. "Absolutely not. You can punch me if I do."

()

Last edited by VampireCat92 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 12:37 am

"Honestly." Ran's hands were on her hips as she watched Tenpou leave. He might as well have stormed out. Goku and Kaede were both watching the door with concern. "This is just the catalyst, Kenren. You realize that, right? Also! I can't believe I had to carry your ass /again/! At least you weren't such dead weight this time."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 12:53 pm

Kenren would have smiled, he would have teased, but his expression was too serious. He didn't like what Tenpou was planning. He had to cut the mood and he had to cut it now. "Kaede. Goku. Go after Tenpou."

"Huh?" Goku turned to Kenren with a frown on his face. "Ten-chan told us to stay here and guard-"

"Listen, I don't know what he's up to, but it's about to be really bad. Go after him and make sure he doesn't do anything he's gonna regret." Kenren broke him off and Goku looked at Kaede worriedly. Kenren rarely was serious. If Ran's joke wasn't making him laugh, then something...something had to be up.

"...We should go then." Goku turned to Ran. "You heard what Ten-chan said!"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 1:02 pm

"We're not the ones you should worry about right now. Go on." Ran shooed them out and Kaede and Goku headed out in the direction Tenpou had gone. She knelt down in front of him and frowned. She hesitated at first, but she reached and touched the bruise on his cheek, "Tell me what happened. From laughing and having fun at the bar, to you beat the hell up and Tenpou getting pissed the next day. What the hell?"
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 1:07 pm

"...." Kenren looked at Ran and he smiled a self-defeating smile. "I told the Emperor that Nataku was still too injured to fight in the next mission and that my army and my men can handle it. Li didn't like that very much, and Nataku of course accepted the mission." He shook his head. "I get where the guy's coming from, but he's just a kid. He's still hurt. So, I got tossed into prison for it and was beat up for fun."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 1:27 pm

"I bed those guards really had it in for you if you're this fucked up. Mai has some good supplies, she gave them to Kaede before. Maybe when Tenpou comes back, and you get untied from the chair, we can go see her. Since Tenpou's doing something reckless, he might need a patch or two." She sighed and dropped her hand away from thumbing at his cheek. "You better not be thinking to ask me to kiss it and make it better. Goku's right, Tenpou /did/ say no funny-business."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 1:28 pm

Kenren chuckled. "I can't exactly do anything to you tied up to this chair now can I? Unless that's your thing?" He raised an eyebrow at her his smile not faltering. "Don't worry, I'm sure you can do that later on this evening, if it's more your style."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 1:45 pm

"Kinky, but I wouldn't have you bound so tight you can't feel your arms." Ran replied smoothly, and she used his knees for support as she got up from her kneeling position, leaning forward to breathe his same air, but not close enough to touch and she could move away if he tried to do something. "You have a lot of injuries to kiss, too. It would take me a while." She really didn't know why she was being so bold. Maybe it was because he was injured, and she didn't like that. She had loved someone once, but it had never been anything like this. They had never gone all the way. Yet everything felt natural and she let her mouth run for her.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 1:49 pm

"I'm a pretty patient man when it comes to a beautiful woman giving me attention," Kenren purred, a little put off that he couldn't do anything. The air was thick between them, but it was also easy to breathe in. Having her near made him want to move his arms around her waist, he wanted to gaze his nose against her neck, but being bound and tied made that a little hard. Especially since he had no working arms. "I think I'd allow you to take your time. Until it turned torturous that is."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 2:01 pm

"Oh no, wouldn't want to be so rude a second time." Ran grinned, and pulled away, her fingers dragging over his pants as she stood up fully, "I think anything I do to you would be torturous no matter what, unfortunately. A promiscuous guy like you must be pretty pent up. Not too sure just once would be satisfactory. Certainly not slow and taking my time."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Kenren smirked. "Shame I'm still tied up, otherwise we could have tested all of that out." He glanced over at the door, letting the mood drop. Otherwise, he would be too pent up and sporting an erection while the kids are coming back with Tenpou was /not/ a thing he wanted to try to explain to them. "You think the kids are gonna be alright? I should've begged you, but...their small enough."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 2:20 pm

"I could be kicked out of the district for meddling in affairs. Goku and Kaede have Konzen and Riko to answer to, being still children. Kaede is stronger than she lets on, I think, and Goku's a heretic, he's definitely powerful. Nah, I'm actually more worried for Tenpou when Mai gets a hold of him." She snickered, "Being the healer of the group, she'd probably bitch at you, too."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 2:24 pm

"I did watch Mai get upset at Riko. Is she the real leader of the group or something, or is Riko really as powerful as they say she is?" Kenren couldn't help but to get curious. "Then again, I know you're a wanderer, so you probably wouldn't know any of it, but...you might've heard something, or your own observation."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 3:32 pm

"Riko is definitely the leader. Mai and her must be on par. Kaede will be formidable whenever she actually comes into her powers." Ran explained, "This is just from me reading their ki, really. I haven't been with them long enough for anything substantial and specific." She shrugged and looked at the door again as well. She did hope they'd be back soon. Being near Kenren like this without either of them being able to do much without stirring the other up was a different kind of torture. She cleared her throat a bit, "I can get you some water. I'm sure sitting in a dingy dungeon you didn't get anything." Put a little space between them for a bit was probably a good idea. "I'll be back in a flash." Definitely not too long, so he couldn't be left with his own thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 3:45 pm

~+~
Kenren was smirking as he leaned back against the chair. Tenpou was sitting on his desk with Mai sitting next to him, dabbing him with an alcoholic cotton ball. He could tell that she was dabbing it a little harder than necessary from the wincing that Tenpou was doing. "So you two thought it was a good idea to lose what little sense guided your tongues."

"More like we lost our sense of not calling bullshit." Kenren replied easily enough.

Mai spun on him, pointing at him with the tweezers and cotton ball. Kenren remembered that Ran had speculated that Riko was just on the same level if not an inch higher than Mai. For some reason, that made her holding that cotton ball a little more threatening than it should. "That's not much better." She turned back to Tenpou. "In fact, I'd call it worse. I mean. I'm hella grateful to you, Kenren for trying to stand up for Nataku, but fucking hell on a cracker, kid you just made Riko's life ten times. No twenty times more harder!"

Kenren was highly amused at her swearing. "Where on earth did you learn how to use those words, and are you even using them correctly?"

Mai didn't answer, but finally left the wound alone started working on the bandage. "So, what about you?" She snapped, though it wasn't out of anger. "You lost your sense of bullshit too or did you lose your common sense?"
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 4:28 pm

"Li is trying to dismiss Kenren and I refuse to work with anyone else. Our unit is good just the way it is." Tenpou held firm. "He doesn't have the /authority/. I won't stand for it."

"Aw, you were right then, Ken-chan." Ran said from where she sat sideways on the couch Tenpou had, her back against Kenren's arm, "Good thing you sent the kiddos to save the day, but now Konzen's displeased."

"This whole situation displeases everybody." Tenpou grumped, "Riko's going to get mad next because Kaede was put in danger, too."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Mai sighed softly and she gently poked where the bandage was on his cheek. "I'm not angry. I know you were in the right." She placed her hand down and she looked away from him. "I'm worried. I'm scared. When I get worried or scared, I lash. I say things I don't mean. I'm...normally I do have a cooler head than that, but you two went off on /Li/ of all people. Yes, he doesn't have authority. Yes, he's taking his position too far. But because he has no sense of boundaries makes him a dangerous and cunning man. To go up against a snake so boldly, you're asking to be bitten. It's good you got him to reconsider, and that Kenren's back. It's good that everything worked out. But my god what if it hadn't? Can you look me in the eyes and tell me you'd be standing right right now? You don't know what he could have done! And that terrifies me most of all!"

Well. Kenren wished he had a cup of sake to watch this little scene unfold. To hear Mai's voice raise up higher and higher as she tried to explain why she was upset, made him realize that he was quite surprised Ran hadn't tore him a new one either. Doing the right thing was a good thing, and Mai wasn't trying to take that away from them. She saw them wounded, and what kind of friend or lover would she be, if she just ignored it and pretended that everything was fine and dandy?

An absolute fuck of one. "You know," Kenren said softly to Ran. "Tenpou hit jackpot with her."

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 4:49 pm

"I'll take your word for it." Ran smiled softly, turning her head to nose into the jacket he had put on over his shoulders, too wounded to have it on properly. "I didn't bother snapping because I figured she would do it for me. I hope you realize it doesn't make me any less upset. I didn't find it necessary, is all."

Tenpou watched Mai for a long moment before he sighed long and low, and he reached to grab the hand that didn't have the tweezers and cotton ball. He tugged her to him and he took it from her, then wrapped his arms around her waist and just...held her. His head was over her chest, but he angled his head to listen to her frantic heart, and the way her breathing hitched and broke. "I stirred the nest, but I can't say I wouldn't do it again. Something needed to happen, and Kenren and I disturbed the scales. Everything is on a fast track now. All I can say to you, Mai, is I am sorry for upsetting you. I did say the life I led was a dangerous one, and yet you agreed to stick with me. You can still retract it. I'd understand, but if you stay, it's only going to get harder before it gets better."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 4:57 pm

Kenren wasn't about to deny that. Mai had the sharper tongue that he knew of. He wasn't at all surprised when Mai's breath hitched and he watched in high amusement and a little bit of fear that she suddenly grabbed Tenpou and held him into a hug.

"I'm not leaving." Mai said, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I know the life you lead is hard. I know that I'm in this for the long haul. I might trip. I might get scared. I might even lecture you again." She gripped him tightly. "But don't think I'd want to let you go. You'd have to cut my hands before that, and maybe worse."

"Jeez." Kenren snorted. "That's an interesting marriage proposal I ever heard. "You have to cut off one of my hands" like we're some sort of savage village here. She could just say "I'll marry you" or something romantic. My god."

Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 5:18 pm

Tenpou shook with silent laughter, and pressed his lips together so he wouldn't hurt his mouth. He shook his head and pulled back enough to look up at Mai, "Aren't I supposed to be the one to propose to you? No hand chopping involved." He rolled his eyes, "Maybe, during the calm before the storm. If you're so confident that this is permanent."

"From dating right into the ol' ball and chain. Once he has his heart set on something he's all in." Ran laughed a little, "I bet that makes /you/ happy, Kenren."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 5:26 pm

"Well, if it's Mai I don't think it matters much." Kenren said with a laugh. "She's probably just as stubborn. Come on, we're ruining their fun. Let's go ahead and get out of here."

Mai beamed happily. "I'll even put a bet on it." She laughed through her tears and she wiped her eyes. "I love you. We'll get through this just fine."
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Ran and Kenren got up and left the room, and this was when Ran's heart jumped to her throat. She had talked pretty mighty earlier, but could she really go through with it? It would mean and awful to leave him high and dry. "Are you really up for doing anything, Kenren?" She asked carefully, "Wouldn't you rather be able to have more fun when you've healed some? You know, don't want have a /performance drop/ or anything because you are too sore."
Back to top Go down
Lynx-Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 5:53 pm

"Only if you're not comfortable." Kenren said with a smile looking at her. "But if you are that worried, then how about we just hang out? I'm not about to put pressure on you when you clearly don't want to do anything. And since you're probably upset with me at my injuries, you might just poke one to kill the mood." He teased lightly.
Back to top Go down
VampireCat92
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 5:57 pm

"That is a possibility." Ran agreed, though she winced. She hoped he didn't think badly on her for copping out. "Hanging out sounds fine. Some alcohol would be the best medicine, wouldn't it? Maybe you could show me someplace a bit more quiet than the bar?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU    What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Does Heaven Look Like To You-Saiyuki Gaiden AU
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next